Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, Come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, he rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: Okay, kills, let's go.
Speaker 1: We're back. This is The rod Ryan Show Live. Ready to go with you all week.
Speaker 2: Welcome aboard on this milk Monday. Wow, six o'clock. Already we're gonna pick up where we left off. Cody going for win number two in the fresh unt of bed head to head Challenge. Now we got a lot of great tickets for you. Falling in reverse Woodlands. I saw him the last time they were here in town. Made me a believer while I couldn't believe. On great day we're live. We'll let tickets for you. You need to see this band live, We'll in tickets for you on the fun Fact flashback in Home Room the Texas Hammer Game for pit tickets to the Summer of Loud Tour. Yeah that's right, we'll get you in the pit at seven twenty Modus Mouse Flaming Lips tickets at eight twenty.
Speaker 1: Another.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got a cash contest coming up after nine o'clock. We'll tell you about that. And then some Coheed taking back Sunday tickets on no the show, sixty percent chances scattered. The storms today highs of around ninety one.
Speaker 1: Let's find out what's going on in the world. Good morning, Moe. Would you have four checket for Houston's headline Good morning.
Speaker 3: So yesterday, US military leaders laid out how seven stelth ME two bombers and more than one hundred and twenty five support planes smashed three of Iran's nuclear sites, calling it the largest B two strike in US history. The lead bombers flew eighteen hours from Missouri, while a second group flew the opposite way as decoys. The bombers dropped fourteen thirty thousand pounds penetrator bombs that burrowed into those underground labs. Trump hailed the strike as a spectacular military success and warranty will quote hit many more.
Speaker 1: Targets if I Ran refuses to talk.
Speaker 3: Governor Abbott was busy signing more than six hundred bills into law this session, expanding legislation on education, crime, victims rights, in public safety. Some of the hot topics you're definitely going to see today the Ten Commandments being required to be posted in schools, Schools being required to adopt policies to ban cell phones during the school day. Interesting, some land ownership restrictions for folks from security threat nations, and then of course the highly followed THHC band that the governor did not sign.
Speaker 1: This is one that Dan Patrick was pushing for.
Speaker 3: Yes, which I would love to be a fu on the wall when those two guys are talking. It has been tabled for further clarification. But very interesting late last night decision. All right, we all know the jokes about Nick Cannon. He's got a million kids?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, how many does he have? He has twelve.
Speaker 3: He was interviewed on a podcast and the host asked Nick Cannon to name all twelve of those children, and Nick couldn't do it. He blanked on the newest, the last two, and he admitted right off the bat he's going to get in trouble for this.
Speaker 1: Those two girlfriends are not going to be happy.
Speaker 3: He also said the reason he has so many kisses because he has a king complex.
Speaker 1: You know, guys go around and call.
Speaker 3: Each other king, and he honestly thinks he is a king.
Speaker 1: That's a little much, he said it. Let's talk about Morgan Wallen.
Speaker 3: He kicked off his I'm the Problem tour here in Houston in style, he doused his stage in lighter fluid while headlines from his past scandals flashed across the screen in the background, held up a lighter pretended to let all of that burn.
Speaker 1: He's moving forward.
Speaker 3: With two sold out nights, he had an NRG and then fans place bets on which local celebrities would join him during his little walkout on stage that he does at every concert night. One was Andre Johnson and Mattress Mac. That's big, seems really big.
Speaker 1: Night.
Speaker 3: Two Roger Clemens and Drake Wow.
Speaker 2: That's gotta be someone's job just to line that up. That sounds exhausting. He does it in every city, every city.
Speaker 3: Jelly Rolls commented and said, just when you think you can't goat yourself anymore, you bring out Mac in.
Speaker 1: Houston also jumpin people get it. I'm gonna doctor a texture right now.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: Lincoln Park forced to cancel a show in Switzerland over the weekend just hours before showtime because one of the band members faced an undisclosed medical problem. It was a social media post that the group said they're not in a spots perform and they apologize to fans saying they would be back, but didn't give any further details about the health issue, which you know causes rumors.
Speaker 1: There's are Houston's headlines coming up later on in a music story.
Speaker 2: You're gonna put Dolly Parton and Motley Crue together. Yeah, that's pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: Cool with that. I can't wait to listen? All right? What you got over there? Oklahoma City Thunder are NBA champions.
Speaker 5: They beat the Pacers one O three to ninety one in Game seven of the NBA Finals last night. Indiana's Tyres Halliburton, who had been kind of carrying them this whole offseason or whole postseason, towards Achilles in the first quarter and the Pacers weren't the.
Speaker 1: Same without him.
Speaker 5: Okasees Shay Gilgess Alexander was named Finals MVP. So this season Shay Gilligis Alexander won the League MVP, like the League Title MVP for the League Finals MVP and Western Conference Finals MVP, as well as the scoring title. He swept pretty much every while you could get so hell of the season for SGAs. The Thunders first title since moving to Oklahoma City in two thousand and eight. Some other NBA news, Rockets acquired two time NBA champion and fifteen time All Star Kevin Durant and a blockbuster deal with the Suns.
Speaker 1: Yesterday.
Speaker 5: They Saint Jalen Green, Dylan Brooks, and the tenth overall pick, as well as five second round picks to Phoenix in exchange for Durant. Lots of people talking about that yesterday. We'll probably talked about that more and trending coming up. In baseball, Astros gotta win. Yesterday they got by the Angels eight to seven to take two of three from LA. Over the weekend, they're gonna have a day off before opening up the series at the Phillies tomorrow night. And in college baseball, LSU won the College World Series yesterday to beat Coastal Carolina five to three to sweep the national Championship Series. It's their second national title in baseball in the last three years. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, guys, uh, we're here, this is us. We can we can answer the phone or Jill can Chili can take your calls, but can do all of that stuff today. If you want the first phone call, come get it.
Speaker 1: We miss you, guys.
Speaker 2: Seven one three, two, one two five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio is back Baby, Wakey, Wakey, Hands off those cup cakeys. Rod Ryan Show, check.
Speaker 1: It in on this Milk.
Speaker 2: Monday got a sixty percent chance of scabin thunderstorms today highs of around ninety one. We are going to be busy, not only today but all week. We will be very, very busy. You guys will hopefully keep us busy on these phones. I'm gonna get ready to take the first phone call and then I'm gonna need you call him back in because Cody, we're gonna pick it up with him. Is that Killer Cody? Like he never outed himself as Killer Cody. He's gonna go for win number two, fresh out of bed, heads ahead, So start thinking.
Speaker 1: About getting in on taking him on. I know he's this guy's play, this guy's played before. He's good.
Speaker 2: Uh, lots of great tickets. Let's just talk about Homeroom that falling in reverse. I went last year to go see them, and I didn't know a whole lot about them. I had heard of the band, certainly, but.
Speaker 1: Man, seeing them live, seeing is believing one of those things.
Speaker 2: That show was so unbelievable. I want you to go see them. They're gonna be playing the Woodlands again August fourteenth.
Speaker 1: It's weird they're coming back so soon.
Speaker 2: But if you want to go check this show out, I'll have tickets for you in homeroom.
Speaker 1: On the fun Fact flashback, phone line's ringing.
Speaker 6: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: Do do doo, dude, dude, Hubert, good morning, hey man, good morning, good morning. I'm doing really really well man. Welcome in the on the first phone call today. What you got for us?
Speaker 4: I want to talk about Kevin Durant. I think he's been making an awesome, awesome acquisition to the team. They're going to be cleaning contention, I say at Western Conference. They're not going bea in Oklahoma City, but they are going to be up there.
Speaker 1: Do you agree with this? I just I just did a quick Google search.
Speaker 2: Kevin Durant is widely considered as one of the greatest NBA players of all time, often cited as a top ten player by many analysts and fans.
Speaker 1: Hubert, you believe that top ten player of all time.
Speaker 4: Absolutely strong all around. He was thirty seven years old. He has ability to shoot the ball. He let the win the championship with the town surrounded that he has with the Rockets, but he could contribute a great deal to the championship. I don't he's a hosketball player. Awesome, what look awesome?
Speaker 1: What about our sports guy over here? Top ten player of all time? He's in the discussion for sure. Yeah, I mean that's that was just a quick start. Like Jalen Green a lot.
Speaker 5: I know that he had a tough playoffs, but I felt like he was still not one hundred percent like developed yet. Yeah, Durance kind of torn apart some teams he's gone to before, which makes me very nervous with a young Rockets group.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, like in the locker room, Like.
Speaker 5: Brooklyn didn't work out very well when he went there with the super team, the super team that he's coming from from the Suns that they were trying to build, that didn't work out very well for him. He kind of forced his way out of Oklahoma City.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I the Rockets didn't need to go to shooter in the postseason, and he is definitely that if he could stay healthy, he's going to help out a lot. But I'm a little bit nervous with the young core the Rockets.
Speaker 1: Have, Kumbert. Do you go to Rockets games?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yeah, they're They're a great team and there the talent they have now is so so amazing. They could give a Breaze or a chance to win a championship. He didn't have a chance to win a championship. He chose.
Speaker 1: He chose in the playoffs, he was terrible.
Speaker 4: He had one good game and that was the end of This is a career. I mean, that's that's put his downfall down.
Speaker 2: Will Will Katie get you to go to more Rockets games because that's what the Rockets want. They want as in the seats, you know, so you think you go to more games because he's here.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I want to excitement. You're a good twenty seven point game player. He's a good ball player, phenomenal ballplayer. And like I said, you don't have to win this championship. With the towns he has. He can contribute to a championship. But honestly, I don't think they could beat Okay, see, okay, see he's an awesome team.
Speaker 2: Wrong all right, brother, listen, I think you've been a great contributor to this show today, Hubert, I really do, man, thank you so much for getting the started. I think a lot of people are really really excited. I mean, it's just it's a name that everybody knows. It's not always what you need, but just puts a little bit more shine.
Speaker 1: On the rockets. Yeah, you know, and it's like you want you want the national spotlight up a little bit, you know.
Speaker 2: So let me take a short break, Hubert, you're awesome on the flip, got a rec check for you will fight what's trending, and then we'll get set up for this freshot of bed head.
Speaker 6: To head Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: The buzz all right, welcome back everybody, Rod Ryan's show on this milk, Monday, six twenty two, trying to find out what's trending out there. Hi Alex, Hello, Rod Hope you had a couple of day nice days off. I see your back looking all refreshed. Not really, let's tick you up late last night.
Speaker 1: It's a basketball game. The basketball game on last night. I understand what's trending. Well, the NBA Finals is trending.
Speaker 5: Oklahoma City beat the Pacers in Game seven of the Finals to win their first title since moving to Oklahoma City. I just found a fun fact, and no fun facts isn't yet, but you want to hear it.
Speaker 1: I'd love to hear. Adam Silver has been the commissioner.
Speaker 5: Of the NBA since twenty fourteen, and in those eleven years, he has crowned nine different champions.
Speaker 1: David Stern was the previous commissioner for thirty years.
Speaker 5: Do you know how many different champions he crowned in his thirty year tenure as NBA.
Speaker 1: Head because a lot of weeks go ahead, eight? Yeah, no way. He had eight different champions in thirty years. Now there's been nine in the last eleven. That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 5: Wow, So a lot of parody in the NBA. People are talking about the finals right now.
Speaker 1: SB three Texas is trending.
Speaker 5: That is the bill that Greg Abbott vetoed that would have banned the sale of all TFC products in Texas. So people who definitely talked about that this morning. And then Nick Cannon is trending. We talked about that earlier in headlines, but he could not name two of his twelve kids when when he.
Speaker 2: Was asked well he got the most recent too, Like those are the new ones.
Speaker 1: Wait, you got to wait until like you're five six, he got ten. He named ten of them. They're his children. He got ten. Mo, can you name ten states? Okay, there's like ten is name twelve?
Speaker 2: Just name your kids after states. If you get ten out of twelve hits, you're in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: True, that's true. That hall of fame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so not not the dad hall of fame, but I mean a hall of fame. Ten out of twelve is really good. Not not that bad, but that's what's training on night by.
Speaker 1: The bus, I got you king, Yeah right.
Speaker 7: Good morning everybody. This is Cody Nixon. I am your fresh.
Speaker 8: Out of bed Head to Head one day champion Suntracked. I am a one time Hall of Famer. Yeah, and I've also taken it to Game five and blow it. That's not happening again.
Speaker 7: Join me on Monday after the long weekend, and I make it win number two. Bitches.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you know about Cody? If you want a piece of him, you can call seven one three, two one two five nine four five Fresh out of Bed Head to Head Challenge coming up next on the Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz Good morning, Rod Right, shall stained and lowest in me six twenty eight sixty percent chances get a thunderstorms high.
Speaker 1: Of around ninety one. Play games and now each time for the fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge.
Speaker 9: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Cody Hey, Good morning, Cody McCullum, Stony Kreeger mixing.
Speaker 2: Dude, are you killer Cody? Are you killer Cody from the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: Is that another?
Speaker 2: Is that another Cody that might a.
Speaker 1: Killer Cody, but you are also a killer Yeah?
Speaker 2: I didn't I wasn't sure if he was Killer Cody or not, but I liked I like that Texas Country Cody, Cody, Cody Mixing, one time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: You're going for what number two? You have a bit of a break. You played with us last week.
Speaker 2: I think the last time you played was Wednesday, so hopefully you didn't go cold on us.
Speaker 1: You're taking on Richard. Hello, Richard, Hey, good morning, Roden family.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Richard, welcome back to the game. Huh you've played before?
Speaker 10: Yep, it's been right out a year, probably been.
Speaker 1: At a year.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, it's good to have you back, Hey, Cody, Richard, say hi Cody, real quick.
Speaker 1: Make sure he can hear you.
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Richard, I need you to just pump up your volume just a little bit. I got you, I got you pegged on the board here, so I want to make sure.
Speaker 1: That we're able to hear you.
Speaker 2: Take this case of okay, oh you got a case over the phone. Okay, yeah, that's maybe that's what we need. Well, Alex has this for you.
Speaker 1: Oh Richard, I'm so happy.
Speaker 6: Hold me.
Speaker 2: Oh you got a bunch of Richards.
Speaker 1: Richard the rope watching bank revision. Richard, you got drops. That's good, that's it. Okay, well listen, welcome back to the game, Richard, Cody. What are they playing for?
Speaker 3: Gas Lan Anthem, Counting Crows, Smart Financial Center, July thirty first.
Speaker 1: Y'all good luck? Right, and I go with Richard by the way, rich okay, got it?
Speaker 2: Should go with Dick. Hey, yeah, just saying boom it would cut through. We would all hear that, all right, rich rich is fine? Uh Cody, and rich shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Here comes most questions. How many holes are Cody McCollum, Stony Creeker mixing. What's your answer?
Speaker 1: How many holes are in the standard round of golf? Eighteen?
Speaker 2: He went early on that, Richard, maybe you should have gone with Maybe you should have gone with Dick.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think Dick would have got through. Dick would have got through Dick eighteen holes.
Speaker 2: It's not too late. It's not too late, Rich, but you can stay with Rich. Here we go, Rich and Cody pull it together. You two, all right? Question number two? Where is the Eiffel Tower repla.
Speaker 1: Cody, Las Vegas? You know I would have did. I would have done the same thing had I chimed in. When you chimed in.
Speaker 2: Here comes Richard going by Rich Where is the Eiffel Tower Replica located in Texas.
Speaker 1: Paris, Texas Paris, Texas. I did not know this, Mo. I think you know nothing about Texas, Mo bringing the knowledge. I don't. Yeah, I did you know that. You didn't know that? That means you didn't know. I definitely knew that it's got a cowboy head on top. I took Texas history. Yeah, hello, in seventh through eight, so I know everything? Okay about this great stage? Rich is on the board. We got a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a pretty good game. Here for the win. Now, rich he's getting in before you every time. Okay, so I don't know you. You just can't sit around hoping for him to speed on every question here.
Speaker 1: Rich Cody for the win?
Speaker 2: Which body part is responsible for sensing smells?
Speaker 1: I was talking, so yeah I heard Cody, Mo I heard rich I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Say I did not hear, so I am going to I'm going to kill that question. The answer was nos. I I heard you sell you said your names, but I was still asking the questions. So all right, here we go. Good game. What wise animal helps kids?
Speaker 1: Rick rich O?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, Cody, he got you.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear you on that question on that one the question and he went way.
Speaker 1: Early on it. Rich went early.
Speaker 2: What wise animal helps kids figure out how many licks it takes to get the center of a Tootsie pop an owl? Richard for the win and the invitation to come back and join us tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Rich rich you want to play tomorrow? Absolutely? Congratulations, ngrass.
Speaker 3: I've also got a pair of gaslight Anthem counting crows. July thirty first Smart Financial Center.
Speaker 1: Come on, you'll be there, rich all right, maybe it was good not to go with Dick on that man got the win.
Speaker 2: You got the win too, all right, congratulations, Cody, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's for the best.
Speaker 2: I was gonna run out of Texas country artists that in the middle of your name. All right, we'll present Richard tomorrow morning for you to play against him.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's Nirvana ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, The Buzz Nirvana before that.
Speaker 1: Pretty good game. Man.
Speaker 2: You don't know what you're gonna get on a Monday morning. I thought that was a pretty decent game. I know, modd like and they went through a few questions.
Speaker 1: It's fine. It was close. I like a close game.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, sixty percent chance of scating thunderstorms highs up around ninety one.
Speaker 9: Bring that new champion over here, a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 12: This is Richard.
Speaker 7: I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion, and you guys don't know nothing about me, So sit back and listen all week.
Speaker 1: Join me on Tuesday when I'm making win number two. Bitches. There you have it.
Speaker 2: There's our new champion. So we'll see if he holds up. And he just made somebody a one pump jump. We'll see if somebody can do that to him tomorrow.
Speaker 13: It's the fuck. That's the day we make you look smart in front of your buddies.
Speaker 14: It's the Fuck's the day.
Speaker 1: He brought it some new fun facts for you.
Speaker 2: I learned something about Texas during that round of fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 1: See if I see if I can learn you something about Texas. Teach me not only is Texas.
Speaker 2: Not the largest state, but if you cut Alaska in half, Texas would be the third largest state. That's how big Alaska is. Hal it's big, really big.
Speaker 1: It's cold too. I think it is cold, and I think you can see Russia. All right, wasn't that something from your back? Something like that?
Speaker 2: Who around the room had a compact computer back in the day. Anybody have a compact remember? Yeah? Anybody ever heard of the Compact center?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: The three guys that founded Compact Computers were initially planning on starting a chain of Mexican restaurants, but they decided to do the computer thing instead.
Speaker 1: I think that worked out pretty well for them.
Speaker 2: Finally, Ghostbusters was originally written to feature a three man team, The three Men the three Ghostbusters in the original script dan Ackroyd, Eddie Murphy, and John Belushi. They rewrote the script after Belushi died Murphy didn't make the cut, and then you.
Speaker 1: Have what you have history with the Ghostbusters.
Speaker 13: It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart, everybody.
Speaker 1: It's the FU to the day.
Speaker 2: That reminds me of that other fun fact. We talk about Shrek every now and then. But wasn't it Alex, Like three quarters of the movie was done with Farley? Yeah, and Farley passes away and they redo the whole thing with Mike Myers.
Speaker 6: No way.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine Shrek not sounding like Mike Myers version?
Speaker 1: And I don't know if they've ever released any of that. Farley stuck see some of it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, what you giving away here?
Speaker 1: I have a pair of tickets seat falling in reverse there.
Speaker 3: God is a Weapon Tour is coming to the Woodlands on August fourteenth. Tickets are on sale now ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: How about this?
Speaker 11: It's your fun.
Speaker 2: Who's got a younger brother named Doug who are probably yes, remember who's got a younger brother named Doug. He's a good will ambassador to Tanzania. And I think he climbed Mount Kiliman.
Speaker 1: And I mean Doug handsome, Doug.
Speaker 2: Doug's handsome. Is Doug as handsome as his older brother? He is, yeah, okay, okay, handsome. His name's Doug. He climbed Mount Kiliman jarro uh and he descended by mountain bike. Who's his older brother? Seven one three two one nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with captain cash.
Speaker 1: All right, that's my older brother hal Hi's right here, my twin. How do we do now? We got to go back. So the markets were.
Speaker 2: Closed on Thursday, Thursday. They were opening on Friday though. We were working on Friday, okay, and hell was working on Friday.
Speaker 1: We were here, you were thanks for weeks, Thanks for keeping the big blue marble spinning for us.
Speaker 12: On Friday. It was a mixed day on Friday. The Dow was up thirty five points. Kick off this morning at forty two and seven. NASDAK lost ninety eight to nineteen thousand and four to forty seven. That mark ten year treasury down and yield today it's set of four point thirty nine percent in the oil stands at seventy four dollars fifty eight cents a barrel to The most active is the big studs, Apple, Walmart and three M the big duds Navidia, Amazon and United Health. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on existing home sales for May. Right now, futures are on the downside. Come on, let's turn the state of round.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out of here.
Speaker 12: This is Halan, Manager director with the Raymond James Porter for the rod Ryans Show from Raymond James on Sam fully Ben Augusta and don't forget to always rock out.
Speaker 1: We'll just stock out.
Speaker 15: Famian's expressed are those of halland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associate of zan Comember nyt as IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sourso is believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmison. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to are program is for educational and informational purposes.
Speaker 6: On link The studs and duds are based on movement, as reported by.
Speaker 2: Young Finance, The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, rod Ryan showing fact.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go out here. Hi, who's on the phone.
Speaker 6: It's Lucas.
Speaker 2: Hi, Lucas, welcome in. Who has a younger brother named Doug?
Speaker 1: Doug would be the sexy man Brett? Oh yeah, Brad Pitt, Oh, that's right, Lucas.
Speaker 2: You know we got ticket you know what, in honor of Doug, Doug and Doug and Doug U.
Speaker 1: Of course we have a Doug song Doug funny.
Speaker 3: Uh, what do you giving, Lucas, Lucas, we have a pair of tickets for you to see Falling in Reverse.
Speaker 1: They're going to be here on there, God is.
Speaker 3: A Weapon Tour, August fourteenth in the Woodlands, Wage War Tech nine, Sleep, Berry and You.
Speaker 1: Tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 2: Dude, dude, you're gonna be blown away by this concert.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've ever seen them before.
Speaker 2: I I can't shut up about it.
Speaker 1: They're so great live.
Speaker 10: Excited man, sounds like a good concert.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for you. Lucas.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being in homeroom Man, I really appreciate it. It's ninety four to five The Buzz. Okay, ninety four to five the Buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: You know we're playing the Texas Hammer next hour, and that's how you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna win tickets. And well this isn't big. The tickets in the pit to the summer of loud Jour. Our first pair will be given away.
Speaker 1: We'll start things rolling at around seven twenty.
Speaker 2: With the Texas Hammer game, and when we get a winner, that'll be the first pair of pit passes, the first of five winners this week.
Speaker 1: Getting in the pit, you know the deal.
Speaker 2: You got to take a picture of you, even though none of you will that you have to take a picture of you in the pit, allthough you guys are getting better at it. I'll say that sixty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms. Highs of around ninety one today, Moe's got Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, Hey.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, US military leaders later out how seven stealth B two bombers and more than one hundred and twenty five support planes smashed three of Iran's nuclear sites, calling it the largest b two strike in US history. The lead bombers flew from Missouri while a second group flew the opposite way as decoys. Then they dropped fourteen thirty thousand pound penetrator bombs that burrowed into the underground labs and Iran.
Speaker 1: President Trump hailed.
Speaker 3: This strike as a spectacular military success, and he warns that he will hit many more targets if Iran refuses to talk.
Speaker 1: All right, the.
Speaker 3: Houston Rockets are all the talk right now as they're acquiring fifteen time All star in four time Olympic gold medalist Kevin Durant from the Phoenix Suns. They're calling it a blockbuster deal that was struck yesterday. The Rockets are giving up Dylan Brooks, Jalen Green, and six future picks. I'm looking into Kevin Durant as a human being and he does tend to do a lot for the community, which is exciting. And he knows Texas because he played for the University of Texas for one year. Of course, I also have to google who he's dating right now. And did you know he's tied to Angel Reese. No, she's rumors, They've never com like. It's just a rumor that I like to read.
Speaker 1: Okay, she could be a lot younger than him. Right now, it's not happening. Seven, Can you confirm that, Alex. I cannot confirm it, but I'm pretty sure it does not happening.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, Other than he's available, ladies Kroger.
Speaker 1: But imagine the kids. It'd be very athletic.
Speaker 3: The person he was engaged to the first time was also a WNBA player named Monica, so he has a type.
Speaker 1: These kids would be huge, very talented.
Speaker 3: Kroger is closing sixty stores over the next eighteen months. Why well, They cited overlapping locations, rising labor costs, and shifting shopping habits. Of the sixty to close, one in North Texas was the first to admit they'd be one of the quote victims. The company said all affected employees will be offered jobs at nearby Kroger owned stores.
Speaker 2: What's that one that you probably went to? Is that on twentieth Street in the lower nineteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it on nineteen?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, my goodness. It's amazing to me that some of these Kroger How is that one still there?
Speaker 2: It's just some are you can't even believe it's the same company, like revamp that one.
Speaker 1: Please, it just needs it.
Speaker 2: I mean, bring in somebody to bring in John Tafford to make that one over.
Speaker 1: You're a Kroker guy sometimes, right, I am a Kroger guy.
Speaker 2: If it's close, I go to What's closed. I love hib like everyone else too, But if I need something, boom, just Zippin's about. I'm not that crazy about grocery shopping.
Speaker 1: We'll see if it's more of our Texas locations. All right.
Speaker 3: So Pixar had a kid movie that came out over the weekend called l e Oh, and it set a new record twenty one million dollars at the box office, meaning it was the worst opening ever for Pixar.
Speaker 1: What is it about? I don't even know the premise.
Speaker 3: Of that us So the kid wanted, yeah, his aliens to be his best friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I mean, you know, like when I see How to Train a Dragon, I kind of know what that's about.
Speaker 1: On ad Space. I know he did. They were like it was really really trying.
Speaker 3: Do you know that the last record for the worst was Toy Story, the original Toy Story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it didn't do.
Speaker 3: Well for Pixar at the beginning. Obviously it did well as things progressed, maybe so Baby Elliat. How to Turn Your Dragon though, was number one of the box office this weekend, thirty seven million dollars.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about our girl Dolly.
Speaker 3: Molly Crue released a new version of their nineteen eighty five hit Home, Sweet Home, and while You're skeptical, they enlisted the.
Speaker 1: Help of Dolly to be on the song.
Speaker 3: It's the fortieth anniversary collab and it's for charity. A portion of the proceeds will benefit a organization that helps.
Speaker 1: With youth homelessness.
Speaker 3: And they said, having Dolly on this track is a career high for Motley Crue, and Dolly called it an honor and a joy.
Speaker 1: So they went into.
Speaker 2: You Hear the original, and I think they just kind of put the layered Dolly into it into the originally.
Speaker 1: Just one More Night and I'm coming up his wind.
Speaker 2: When Dolly made that, uh, that rock album. Remember she got into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he did, and she said, well, I guess I gotta make a rock album. Nikki the bass player did something with her in the studio. So that's where they that's where they met and then then they put this.
Speaker 1: It's okay. I listened to it last night. Dolly is jolly, She's unstoppable, yes, but she's aching all right, but you got out with her. Play. Oklahoma City Thunder are NBA champions.
Speaker 5: They beat the Pacers one O three to ninety one in Game seven of the NBA Finals last night. Indiana's Tyrese Haliburt and Torre's Achilles in the first quarter and the Pacers just were not the same without him. After that, okay See's Jay Gillichess Alexander was named Finals MVP. It's the thunders first title since moving to Oklahoma City in two thousand and eight. And baseball Astro's win yesterday. They got by the Angels eight to seven to take two of three from LA over the weekend. They're gonna have a day off today before playing the Phillies tomorrow night. And in college baseball, LSU won the College World Series yesterday. They beat Coastal Carolina five to three to sweep the National Championship Series. It's their second baseball national title in the last three years.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on in.
Speaker 2: Sports ninety four five. By Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show on this milk Monday. Welcome back for the weekend, everybody. Hey guys, welcome back everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad to be back. It's good to see your face.
Speaker 6: Rod.
Speaker 2: I hope everybody's all like well rested, and it was nice to have a couple of days off.
Speaker 1: So nice. Who had six picks this weekend? I don't believe we discussed that. You're kidding me.
Speaker 3: I could remember, and I was laying in bed last night, so I said him to chili just in case it was me, because I honestly didn't remember.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I know, Okay, you got it. I didn't remember. Was it me? Listen.
Speaker 2: I don't know how Mode did things at her other morning show, but I don't always.
Speaker 1: But I don't always clue these guys in.
Speaker 2: I never clue these guys in, like what we're gonna talk about? And I can just tell I caught everyone off. God, I'm like, who had six pas? I just know it wasn't me.
Speaker 1: It was you?
Speaker 10: Who it was you?
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be Rod? Okay, yeah, no, it just did it?
Speaker 10: No, it was Rot because Mo had for Father's Day.
Speaker 1: Oh here I am saying it. It wasn't me.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was you the whole time?
Speaker 6: I'm joking.
Speaker 1: I can't breathe.
Speaker 16: But it's not that hard to take six bags, Rod, Why aren't you doing it? I mean, you know you were having a good time. You didn't stop to take a picture. It's so easy.
Speaker 2: We talked about this on Wednesday.
Speaker 16: No, because Rot, I did it two weeks in a row, because I did it bus Fens week, and then the next week Dan Mode did it, and then.
Speaker 10: It was your turn, and then next week is Alex.
Speaker 1: It's so funny, I know that. Yeah, I can with you.
Speaker 10: Would would be a team player like I am. Can do it twice in a week.
Speaker 5: Right now, So just so like I can show that I did it, I went above him, beyond it, but Rod didn't.
Speaker 1: I'll pick up the sack and we'll like double down on it.
Speaker 16: And if any listener wants to save him six picks in and do Rod's job, feel free to do it.
Speaker 1: It's only six pictures.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's not that hard. I mean, oh, you have to do it just it might be the easiest thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not what you're.
Speaker 16: Doing and living in the moment and stopping take the picture.
Speaker 1: Not not that hard.
Speaker 2: I have six picks from the weekend.
Speaker 1: I don't want your six You don't want to now, you don't know, not like we want you to live in the moment. Let's just tell us about me.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, Chili, was it discussed on Wednesday show? Did we have this like, hey, hey, we're gonna be going for a long weekend.
Speaker 1: We were so excited to get out of here. I don't remember. I mean I didn't.
Speaker 16: I didn't hear the discussion because I was basically doing my job.
Speaker 1: I was never discussed. I don't think she was working really hard doing his job.
Speaker 16: I heard him talk about, all right, Well I'm I'm so happy this happened.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I see how happy everyone is.
Speaker 10: I was having a sad Monday. For now it's all turned around.
Speaker 1: So what happened? So, Moe you sent him pictures? Life? Did?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because I thought it might have been me, and I didn't want you to make fun of me for not doing it.
Speaker 1: Would never do that. So what's going up, Chili.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna do most pictures right now, and nf Alex.
Speaker 1: Picture.
Speaker 10: I might even have six pictures, you know, I might even put them up.
Speaker 1: You should.
Speaker 2: Now everybody wants to do six pics, but me on my day.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 17: It was your dad call Mew to win the best game in Houston.
Speaker 1: Who wants it?
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe we should start thinking about the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's move on. Let'st hear this.
Speaker 2: We'll start working on getting you guys set up for the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 1: I of course I have six picks I can share. So what a fun.
Speaker 2: So Chili's gonna be Chili's not gonna be happy that now everyone is sending in their six picks. But that's okay. So let's do this. Take a brief break, Chili. We're gonna have people calling in right now. Get them lined up because this is for pit tickets to the Summer of Loud Tour. We're gonna have tickets every day in the pit. This is I Prevail, Bear, Tooth Kill, Switching Gay, Parkway Drive, Devil Wears Prada, The Amity Affliction, Alfa Wolf, all on the same Saturday, June twenty eighth Woodland's Pavilion. So tickets are on sale now. I doubt you can get pit tickets, but you can win them from us. But if you win the Texas Hammer Game, So get me the cueue now with the Chili seven one, three, two, nine, four, five, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show Us. All right, welcome back everybody d Ryan Show on this MILF Monday.
Speaker 1: Hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 2: Seven twenty got a sixty percent chance to scattered thunderstorms today highs of.
Speaker 1: Around ninety one. Find out what's trending right now, alex Well, believe it or not.
Speaker 5: In the first trend I see is where the f R Rod Ryan's six picks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are saying, like you were supposed to do six picks.
Speaker 5: You didn't do six picks, and people are upset about it.
Speaker 1: It was my turn. It was never discussed. How was it my turn at thebern?
Speaker 5: You love six picks so much, but you always remembered it as your turn.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 5: I thought, I'm sure that if this was anyone of us this happened to, we would just be the rod.
Speaker 1: About a year ago, I thought it would be a good idea for us.
Speaker 2: To rotate, yes and share with the audience how your weekend went.
Speaker 1: I love talking about it.
Speaker 2: Had a great idea Rod six Picks was created, and then it moved forward right it did, but.
Speaker 1: It was fact move for.
Speaker 2: Was never discussed on Wednesday after a long weekend, Wednesday was like a ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really was. What even happened to them?
Speaker 5: I don't know, we need to go back to that. That might not be trending, but Kevin Durant is trending. Rockets traded for him from the Sun sending over Jalen Green, Dylan Brooks, this year's tenth overall pick and five second rounders. People talking about that. Milf Monday is trending. Cara Warrener was submitted to us by Ice Kicker Eli. People checking her out the world famished Rode Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. And Tyrese Halliburton is trending. He tore's achilles last night for the Pacers and he will now miss next year as well, which kind of.
Speaker 1: Kind of sucks you Like Europe, do you wish you just lost game six?
Speaker 5: We almost won because if you had lost games won though, then now he's not hurt. I'm just saying, but people talking about Terry s Haliburt and that's just training on night.
Speaker 1: By the Buzz. This is damn It's time to playing the Texas Hammer Game. Where are Rod six picks?
Speaker 10: I've been looking all morning.
Speaker 1: Alright, let's go. Can we move on? I don't know?
Speaker 17: Can we do?
Speaker 1: You're never gonna live it down.
Speaker 2: See we got on the phone, Kevin Durant Butler, Hi, Kevin, Hi.
Speaker 1: Your middle name is Durant. Right, it's interesting. It's so wild that you're on the show today. Devin's Are you calling.
Speaker 2: To bust my balls about six picks? Or are you calling for the Texas Hammer Game? Which way is this call going?
Speaker 10: Texas Hammer Game?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, sweet man.
Speaker 2: Now it's for pit tickets to that Summer of Loud tour. I'm gonna play you a lyric by the Great Texas Hammer. You're gonna tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Okay, okay, all right, dude, come on, it's for the pit tickets.
Speaker 1: Bro. You got him answer pretty quickly too. Here we go.
Speaker 17: Nobody likes you when you're twenty three. Interstelle Moore amused by prank phone calls.
Speaker 2: Dude, name of the band, name of the song? Two one?
Speaker 1: This Vin, I guess that it was easy. I got nothing out of you.
Speaker 2: This one is pretty easy, right, Christy? Good morning, Hello Christy. Yeah, Hi Christy, Welcome to the game. Here we go, Here comes your Texas Hammer lyric Nobody Likes.
Speaker 17: You twenty three Interstelle Moore amused by prank phone calls.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the band? What's the name of the song? Three two one? Wow, Christy got a Google quicker than that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, seven seven one three two one two five nine four.
Speaker 1: Five The Rod Ryan Show ninety.
Speaker 2: Four about Ryan Show Mills Monday. Alex is telling me the trending. It's the number one link that we have for you. And then all these six picks are coming, all of them. You submitted yours already, so Chillie said he's working on those.
Speaker 1: Fear Okay, Alex is sending Alex sent his in done. I'm working on sending mine in.
Speaker 2: Oh, so he will have We will have all kinds of six picks up there, very very soon. But I can tell you there are a lot of links up today. Food blog page, crazy criminal blog page, all of that stuff. All of your favorites are back included in there. The Looking at Girls blog page, very pack.
Speaker 1: Today Kate Upton had another baby. Oh really, I thought you would have told me.
Speaker 3: Wait, you know what I called that a couple of weeks ago. You and I were talking about her on her birthday and we were talking about how old she was and like just up about her and her family, and I was like, I wouldn't be surprised if she was secretly pregnant right now, do you remember that?
Speaker 1: Yes, you did call that one girl random.
Speaker 2: So all that information and more on the on the Looking at Girls blog page. Guys, I thought we were gonna get a winner out of the gate on this one. Everyone looked because Moe, here's these for the first time, like I do, and we both looked at each other and said, now I don't well, yeah, I think I would have got this one right.
Speaker 17: This is dam Handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got an easy one today with Ron.
Speaker 1: Ryan on ninety four by the Butt. And you never catch me saying, oh, we got an easy one today. Good morning, Rod Ryan show. Who's on the.
Speaker 2: Phone, Hey Daniel, welcome to the game. I think we have I thought we had a real easy one. I thought first caller was gonna get it. I thought for sure the second caller. Now you're the third person to take a crack at it. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 17: Nobody likes you when you're twenty three inter Stelle Moore and knees By prank phone calls.
Speaker 2: Daniel, those two, those first two callers got to be kicking themselves.
Speaker 1: Tell everybody the name of the band.
Speaker 10: And then to what's my age gear?
Speaker 1: Alex. I don't even need Alex on this one. I know you won no when life is ing? Yeah, I know that. I started thinking it immediately, Daniel.
Speaker 5: You win.
Speaker 1: What a day to win?
Speaker 3: So tell them, Daniel, I hope you're free on Saturday because you're gonna be in the pit at the summer allowed toward twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Wow, I prevailed there too.
Speaker 3: Tails are team game Jeff Parkway Drive in the Woodlands. It says tickets are on sale still ticket measter dot com. But Daniel, you're gonna be in the pit friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, don't lie to me, Daniel.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to come in on Monday, because you know how much I hate when people forget to send me pictures or bring in their pictures. You gotta take a picture of get a selfie of you in the pit. Selfie pictures up back to promise, you said a pretty good trade for giving you pit passes.
Speaker 10: I mean you won't pick.
Speaker 4: I'll get a pick, maybe sick, maybe not.
Speaker 6: I heard that.
Speaker 2: I don't need any bull busting, all right, Daniel, congratulations.
Speaker 1: Big man, I have a good warder. Thank you to my brother Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Blink within eighty two.
Speaker 1: What's my age again?
Speaker 2: Thank you, uh to our dear friend, uh mister Bill Adler, the mister Jim Adler, the Texas Hammer h On. Bill's a hammer too, but providing us all the stuff to play the Texas Hammer game each and every Monday. And of course they already helped us out big time with our backpack program generously donating again I don't know how many years in a row now, another five thousand dollars check came in from them. We got some money coming in this week. We got some money coming in this week. And uh, of course I'm gonna be kind of beating you guys up a little bit to get into the Rod Ryan showkeres online store Chilly. In addition to all these six picks, you pump up the store.
Speaker 1: Please get the store up there.
Speaker 2: On top of links and guests this morning so people can find it easily.
Speaker 1: I need you to get in there, make a donation.
Speaker 2: Or buy T shirt, hat and koozy and all that stuff. If you haven't seen the new Summer merch, the new merch is awesome.
Speaker 1: It's there for you. But money's going to come in this week.
Speaker 2: Water Burger again coming in and I don't know how many years in a row giving us a sixty five dollars check to go buy backpacks full of school supplies. They're only asked, why don't you send people over to Waterburger on Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it. This is the easiest one of all.
Speaker 2: You don't have to say anything special at the counter or through the to go window.
Speaker 1: There's no special menu item, there's nothing.
Speaker 2: All I'm asking you to do this Wednesday is to go to water Burger and snap a photograph of you with your water Burger and send it in to us.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's it. It's just our way.
Speaker 2: It's just that's how we're gonna thank water Burger for their check. They don't require any secret handshake or anything like that. When you go in. They just know that you love water Burger. They know that we know that they love the kids, and they're so great to work with, and they come up big every single year for us.
Speaker 1: So if you don't mind, if.
Speaker 2: You maybe save you're going out to eat for once a week, or you know you've limited funds and you only do it once in a while. I'm asking you to go to Waterburger on Wednesday. That's it. That's my huge requirement of you this week. Thank you, water Burger. And I can't wait to get a little water Burger on Wednesday myself. I'm super excited about it because I do reserve that for special occasions. I don't go all the time like you guys do. I'll go once in a while. I can't wait to get into the water Burger.
Speaker 1: Look at me, shaken a breakfast burger? What are you thinking about? I'm shimmying over here. I don't know hash Browns. Why at all? Do you know what diet cooking star from cup? You know me? I got my whatever, my whatever water bottle Rockingess. I'm not not excited that early. It's National Hydration Day?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: Really? It is? Yeah, especially after the last couple of days. I kill that. I can't wait your six picks are coming in. I can't wait to see what you got into. Oh it was great, all right? National Hydration Day. It's hot.
Speaker 2: Drink water even if you're going on a short little walk or whatever. It is National Hydration Day. More on this on the food blog page. This I just happened to see. And uh, you know how parents they download these apps to track their teenagers or track their kids.
Speaker 1: And I have them on every single one of my friends. It's why you wait what I follow all of my friends. You know where they are at all times? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well we're not there. I didn't want to ask go want to ask your wife if it was okay? But yeah, like there's like thirty people Find my friends. I know where every single person is right now.
Speaker 1: They have to agree to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and people know where you are at all times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I can think about, you know, like before I go to bed.
Speaker 1: At night, I know that everyone's safe. Wow, I don't and I track you RT can I? Okay?
Speaker 6: Thanks?
Speaker 1: What is the app? Is it just something on your friends? Find my Friends? Okay? I find my friends the Apple? Well, teens. Teens are now turning the tables on this. What are they doing?
Speaker 2: They're keeping tabs on their parents, and the parents are complaining about it.
Speaker 1: It's called fambushing. Have you heard this? No, fambushing, I think I do this.
Speaker 2: So they're seeing their parents are out somewhere and they're ambushing them.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: If you see that your parents are at Starbucks or you know, at Bay Tortilla or or WAA Burger and then they either demand that you bring them something or they just ambush them in person, Like parents are out to dinner and they're you know, their kids, yeah whatever, and the kids showing up because they saw that they were out to dinner and they just so it's a family ambush mash that together, Alex. You like a good mashup every now and then, So fambushing this is something that's happening.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh really, because I mean think about it. Do you hate it? I love it.
Speaker 2: The only reason why parents put this on their phone was to keep track of the kids, right, So now the kids are turning it around and they're keeping track on the parents, and if they're somewhere where they need something, they're like, oh, I see you're at Target Boom, pick me up this, and they're demanding things from the locations.
Speaker 1: That they're at.
Speaker 5: I feel like we got to give them this one because that as you like it, yes, well, it just sounds like a nightmare.
Speaker 1: Like half of.
Speaker 5: Being our age when we were growing up is lying about where we were all the time. So like the fact that your parents are like, no, I can see where you are. Like that ruins a lot of plans.
Speaker 2: It's like, Yoma, I see you're at Starbucks and I'm not. Yes you are, Yeah you are? Well No, no, I see you're still there, pick me up whatever.
Speaker 3: I think it's cute if parents are sitting at a restaurant and the kids walk in they want to spend time with their mom and dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just love their parents, or they want free food.
Speaker 3: Now that I follow you, I'm going to find out where you're either, like, hey, daddy's buying dinner.
Speaker 2: Well, you'll see me at water Burger at some point this Wednesday for sure, and I want you all to do the same.
Speaker 1: Please. Houston's Rocking Alternatives The Rod roy In the.
Speaker 15: Morning Show from six AM ninety four or five a.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan Show on this MILF Monday.
Speaker 1: Welcome back from the weekend.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Chilli has my six picks.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait to see him and hear about your weekend.
Speaker 2: So well, we'll kind of give Chili a chance to kind of get everything up. I know, everything came in super late today, so after eight o'clock we'll kind of recap everything. I don't at this point, I don't know who's breaking my balls. Who really did send in six picks? I don't know, So we'll go, we'll take a look. We'll take a walk down links and guests after eight o'clock this morning. Plus we'll hook you up with some modest mouse flaming lips tickets that show going down at the seven to one.
Speaker 1: To three music calm.
Speaker 2: See about a sixty percent chances scaded with thunderstorms today.
Speaker 1: Pis of around ninety one National Hydration Day.
Speaker 2: That's on the food blog page with some other great food stories Right now, I got mo with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, US military leaders laid out the details on how seven stealth B two bombers and more than one hundred and twenty five support planes smashed three of Iran's nuclear sites. They called it the largest B two striking US history and apparently the lead bombers flew from Missouri while a second group flew the opposite.
Speaker 1: Way as decoys.
Speaker 3: The bombers then dropped fourteen thirty thousand pounds penetrator bombs that burrowed into the underground's labs.
Speaker 1: I walked in this morning.
Speaker 2: I looked at MO and I said bomb I ran.
Speaker 1: I was in New Orleans. I don't really know what's going on. I didn't know what's going on. It that's what we're here for to catch up. Okay.
Speaker 3: Trump hailed the strike as a spectacular military success and warned he will hit many more targets if Iran.
Speaker 1: Refuses to talk wow.
Speaker 3: Also overnight, Governor Greg Abbott completed the signing of more than six hundred bills into law. The session was a busy one. He expanded the legislation on education, crime, victims rights, and public safety. Some of the hot topics that you're going to be seeing though, are the ten Commandments that are going to be required in public schools. Schools are required to adopt policies to ban cell phones during the school day. Some interesting land ownership restrictions for folks from security threat nations, and then the highly followed THHC ban, which the governor did not sign.
Speaker 1: He tabled it for further clarification. So could you just back up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, are they going to be required to have the Ten Commandments in all.
Speaker 1: Classrooms every single public school that passed it passed. It's wild, it's wild, yeah, Bob, Okay, I didn't think that one was going to go through. It passed. Okay. Nick Cannon tried to name all the children and he couldn't do it. There's that.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: He was interviewed on a podcast and the host was like, Nick, name all twelve of your kids, and Nick blanked on the last two, the most recent ones. He admitted right off the bat that that question was going to get him in trouble because he knew he was gonna flub. He also said the reason he has so many kids is because he has a king complex.
Speaker 1: And he doesn't wear a condox. That would also be reason twelve. You think you can remember twelve? Right? Here we go?
Speaker 2: Ready, ready, Moroccan, Monroe, Golden, Powerful, Rise, LONYX, Legendary, Zion, Zillion, and Zen. That's the ten that he was able to name. Okay, where are the two other ones. Boy, those two kids get the shaft?
Speaker 1: Uh he named them? Or does the leather have any say?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: I mean I think him and Mariah Carey were in on the Moroccan Yeah, and the Monroe. Right, there's two from her and then you know what, you should ask him name all your baby mamas.
Speaker 1: He might not get that list one, very true. He might not be able to do that list. Yeah, someone asked him that, Rod, Let's get him on the show. So I don't know. There's another two floating around that I didn't know either.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk about Morgan Wallen. He had a big weekend here in Houston. He kicked off his I'm the Problem to her in style. He doused the stage in lighter fluid while headlines from his past scandals flashed on the big screen.
Speaker 1: You were out of town. You didn't go to this? I did not. Would it have been a show that you wanted to go see?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For sure. He's very entertaining. Yeah, and this is a guy that had some troubles.
Speaker 2: He's been through a lot snl Yes, throwing the chair off the roof saw him.
Speaker 1: So these are the types of highlights he was showing on the screen. Yes, he was. Currently he's moving on, moving forward. He's gonna burn all that down.
Speaker 3: He also has this thing where he walks out to the concert with celebrities from like local celebrities from the city. So night one here in Houston was Andre Johnson and Mattress Mac.
Speaker 1: That's pretty big. I saw.
Speaker 2: I saw that clip over the weekend. I didn't know that we bombed another country, but I did see Mattress Mac and Andre Johnson walking eye with some country guy who has stayed That one was not off.
Speaker 1: H I was Roger Clemens and Drake. Okay, it was kind of a big deal.
Speaker 3: Okay, So two nights he sold out Energy Stadium.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, Yeah, tickets were really expensive. He's that big. Huh damn.
Speaker 2: And now I asked you this any significance to him starting the tour here in Houston.
Speaker 1: Does he have Houston ties? He just just does really well in Houston, certainly does well everywhere. Right now. This is very successful man, All right, good for him.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's talk about Lincoln Park. They were forced to cancel a show in Switzerland over the weekend, just hours before the show was set to begin because a band member faced an undisclosed medical problem. In a social media post, the group said they were not in a spot to perform. They apologized and said they would be back, but didn't give any further details about the health issue, which makes everyone wanter.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines. Got another list for you?
Speaker 2: What do you got Mariah Carey stop, Britney Bell, Abby de La Rosa, Bree, Tessy Leanisha Cole, and Alissa Scott. That is a complete name of the baby mamas. Oh few were hot?
Speaker 1: Oh my, what you got over there? The Oklahoma City Thunder are NBA champions.
Speaker 5: They beat the Pacers one O three to ninety one in Game seven of the NBA Finals last night. Oka sees Sheay Gilligis. Alexander was named Finals MVP. So this season he now has an NBA Title, League MVP Title, Finals MVP Western Conference MVP Scoring title. He swept all the all the awards you could have. It's about as perfect of a season as you could have.
Speaker 1: Did Jordan do that? I mean, is it? I'm probably probably?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jordan did everything. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So like anytime anybody, this is the first time since whatever, it's usually a Jordan.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a perfect season.
Speaker 5: Pretty perfect Yeah, so shout out to him and shout out to Paul George because without the Paul George trade and none of this happens.
Speaker 1: Bro KC.
Speaker 5: It's their first title since moving to Oklahoma City in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: Talk about the trade, the trade, the trade, it's some other NBA news.
Speaker 5: Rockets got two time NBA champion and fifteen time All Star Kevin Durant and a blockbuster with the Suns. They sent over Jalen Green Dylan Brooks, the tenth overall pick in this year's draft, in five second round picks to Phoenix in exchange for Durant. Depending on what your thoughts are on Jalen Green, I don't think that they gave up like he was definitely the biggest piece. I don't think they gave up like the farm to get Kevin Durant. And he should add a lot of points for this team. He should be a veteran leadership with this. Just hopefully he doesn't go the Brooklyn Nets route or the Suns route and just just completely dismantle a young team.
Speaker 2: You said that he's done that in the past. Is he just is he a difficult guy in the locker room?
Speaker 1: Can be when he's not happy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, keep him happy. Okay, I'm happy. Give him the ball, love him score a lot. Astro's gotta win. Yesterday they got by the age of eight to seven. They took two or three from LA over the weekend. They're gonna get a day off to day before they open up a series with the Phillies tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: In college baseball, Go Taggers.
Speaker 5: The LSU Tigers won the College World Series yesterday, beating Coastal Carolina five to three to sweep the national Championship Series. It's their second baseball national title in the last three years, their eighth overall.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in switch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was pretty big. I was in New Orleans this WEEKNDH. Wow, just you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's huge. The only thing I was bummed about is like, there's nothing on tonight.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 5: I wanted LSU to win, but I would have liked it to be like the standalone game tonight because now.
Speaker 1: We're just nothing.
Speaker 5: It's just baseball only at college baseball is a little bit different.
Speaker 1: So I would find out today back to Love Island for you. You know what, I got an idea. I'll start it. Why don't you go to bed.
Speaker 10: I'm going to stand now.
Speaker 1: Why don't you get some rest as I do stuff. I'm doing things. Just go to bed. A lot going on in a reasonable hour, is all I ask. If i'd reasonable nine. You're not You're not my parents, nine o'clock. Go to bed at nine tonight. I'm gonna check on you now that I've told you, I can't see him a sleeping Yeah, put a sleep tracker on his ass. All right, guys were coming up on the halfway point.
Speaker 2: We'll see if we can kind of corral all these pictures that were sending a chili.
Speaker 1: Rock and alternative where he used to The rod Ryan.
Speaker 6: Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Half point part of the show, Peyball, good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Thank you for starting it with us.
Speaker 2: I wish you could do better than the sixty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today.
Speaker 1: Highs up around ninety one.
Speaker 2: I got modest mouse, flaming Lips tickets coming up for you. Later on this hour. They're gonna be playing the seven one to three Music Hall. We got a new cash contest to get into this morning. I'll get more information on that, but that'll be shortly after nine o'clock. And then I've already given you a little preview. I am asking again, Like, what's this guy asking for now?
Speaker 1: I'm asking you to go to Waterburger on Wednesday. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, this guy never stops with his demands. I'm asking you to go and visit our friends over at Waterburger. Towy's fun when you guys go like in the morning and you share pictures of us. You know, it's cool to see the water Burger bag and like your fingers. You know, it's even cooler when you're holding that bag next to your face and we can see you.
Speaker 1: A lot of people will just send the receipt and stuff. That's cool. I know.
Speaker 2: Not everybody wants their picture, you know, broadcast all over the world.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: I am asking for you guys to go to water Burger on Wednesday. And it's it's all day, you know, and there's nothing you have to say. There's not hey I need the rod Ryan Show special or there's nothing like that. There's no ask or secret code or anything. Just go and buy some water Burger, and they've already sent in the check. They're going to give us sixty five hundred dollars to go buy backpacks. And it's just our way of thanking them. And I know that it's, you know, so difficult for you guys to be asked to go to what Burger on Wednesday, But yeah, we'd like to see you and your whata Burger. And it's it's a fun day because we get to post pictures. We kind of do, you know, even after the show, like all day, we just flood all of our social media with you guys and your water Burger.
Speaker 1: And again, that's just it's not a requirement they sent the check.
Speaker 2: It's just our way of saying, wow, thank you for the support for all of those years.
Speaker 1: I'm speaking of pictures. What I this morning? I looked at the team and I.
Speaker 2: Said, hey, who had six picks? And then I was pretty confident. I said, all I know is it wasn't me.
Speaker 1: That's what you said. And then you guys turned it around and said it was me. I didn't realize that, but it was.
Speaker 2: But I can't get a straight answer ever out of Alex. It was never discussed, right, I don't remember or may or may not have.
Speaker 1: There's my non straight answer right there. It could have been, it could have not been. You're the one that checks the tapes. Go back and check the tape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Chilley, what do you got over there?
Speaker 1: What are you getting into on links and guests this morning?
Speaker 10: Well, first of all, I say, Alex and Mo, thank you for sending your.
Speaker 4: Six picks and beyond last night.
Speaker 2: So tell me about this mode you set yours in last night just because you got hit with a panic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was doing that. What do I need to do?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Was that just six to six six? Just sent him in just in case?
Speaker 3: And I'm pretty sure that's the subject that I said to Chili. I said, Chili, did I have six six question mark?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I mean that's the email I've got, so, yes, you have correct.
Speaker 1: Yes, I said it last night. So I got your six picks from the long weekend. I'll tell you what. I'm so sorry that I missed your kids.
Speaker 2: What time did they get here on that would have that would have been Wednesday before.
Speaker 1: We Yes, it was like eleven, okay, yeah, I was already out the door.
Speaker 2: Those kids look like they're out of a Norman Rockwell. I mean, those kids are not mean, those perfect kids of yours. They look like they should be on the cover of a Norman Rockwell, like magazine.
Speaker 1: Cover volunteer blue Eyes. Who's their father, right, I mean he's rich. So there's Briggs and Sailor there. They were in the studio.
Speaker 3: They were in the studio. They made me take them to Galveston. We went to La Kings, which is that famous candy store.
Speaker 1: I don't know this.
Speaker 3: It is so cool. It's on the strand in Galveston. There's so much to do for kids in Galveston. There's a guy making taffy. He's like pulling beach taffy and he's throwing candy at my kids. And then we're getting ready to leave and he follows us and he's like, are you And I said, yes, yes, I love the Rod Ryan Show. You're great on there. Can we take a picture one? So we got a candy man.
Speaker 6: Okay, so cool.
Speaker 1: There's the candy man with the kids. Yes, shout out to him. He was so great with the kids. Okay, did that snake get you?
Speaker 3: I love Ananda Conda, as y'all know. And then we went down to the ball with her Crystal.
Speaker 1: Beach for the weekend. A second, it was at the Rainforest Cafe. Have you ever been there? Yeah?
Speaker 6: You did?
Speaker 1: You ride the ride? I don't think I've been to that particular location.
Speaker 3: The money downasin is next level, the one inside.
Speaker 1: Okay for Teada, he knows what he's doing.
Speaker 2: So then you guys made it over to the beach, and then kids on the beach and then kids driving home.
Speaker 1: All right, so now Alex has his six picks. Alex, what'd you do this weekend? It looks like your kid is training for the Olympics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, little baby el she's gonna make some money. If I can't make money, she should make money on the side for me, try and get her scholarship.
Speaker 2: So cool, I mean, do we need to send these like to Simone Biles to see if they check the form on your character.
Speaker 1: She's pretty new to it. Is it tumbling class? I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's called the little Gym Little She got that for a birthday gift.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you have these classes.
Speaker 5: Usually I don't get to go to them because I'm at work, but yeah, it was off Thursday. I got to go and she had a little melt down in the middle of class.
Speaker 1: That was fine.
Speaker 5: Good, but she did did There's a little spinnything on a on a wheel.
Speaker 1: That was cool. Where's this crazy pool at.
Speaker 5: That you're with these pictures in Katie, I went up at my parents house.
Speaker 1: That's cool. Took her out there. N she got to get get on the slide.
Speaker 2: Baby, that's awesome. So Alex has six good job, good weekend, and there it is. Finally Rod's six picks have been added. And I spent a long weekend in New Orleans. So a lot of times I will get a lot of emails. Hey, I'm going to New Orleans this week. I'm telling you, I just got to have it. I'm to come up with a standardized email to send everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh of the must us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because everyone asks me. And that's fine, because you know, I go all the time. But and I lived there, but even I checked out some new things and I went for the very first time, I went to the Parkway Tavern and it was the best poe boy I ever had.
Speaker 1: It was it was the James Brown.
Speaker 2: The poe boy that I ate was the James Brown and it was roast beef with trimp on it and like a halopaeno mayonnaise.
Speaker 1: Or something that, Oh my god, it was so unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And then the other place that you got to go is Drago's for the oysters.
Speaker 1: The charge Oled oysters are the best. I know.
Speaker 2: Many of you will be told to go to Acme Oyster House, go to Dragos.
Speaker 1: There's just a couple of local favorites.
Speaker 2: There's my kid, my goddaughter, and then her godfather, and then there's those oh boy, flaming doctor Pepper's.
Speaker 1: Oh and then I did go to the World War Two Museum. Now, why you've been talking about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I always tell everybody, I said, I get it. You go to New Orleans, and I say, the same thing. Everyone goes there to party ball, and that's what you're supposed.
Speaker 1: To do there.
Speaker 2: That's what you're supposed to do there. And then think about taking a kid to New Orleans. You know, you can do New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Mild or wild.
Speaker 2: You can kind of do the same thing in Galveston, right, And I did a real great combination of the two.
Speaker 1: But the World War Two.
Speaker 2: Museum, I think it's the second best museum in America, maybe in the world. I know, you got the Louver and all those other things to compete against. But I'll say the nine to eleven Museum in New York is probably the greatest museum in North America. Number two would be the D Day Museum. And they keep adding on to it, and I don't know, it might even be better. Now they keep adding on to the D Day Museum, and it is unbelievable. You got, it's a crime to only give yourself three hours to go through it.
Speaker 1: But I'll allow it if you can give.
Speaker 2: Yourself two and a half three hours, if you can carve out that little bit of time in the morning.
Speaker 1: They open at nine o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Maybe all your friends are still like laying on the floor in the hotel rooms, and you can sneak out first thing in the morning, you know, before you start redoing what you did the night.
Speaker 1: Before, go to the D Day Museum. It's unbelievable, it really is.
Speaker 2: Just you know, you'll realize quickly, you'll be in that museum for two minutes and you'll realize why they call it the Greatest Generation.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy. It's just crazy, crazy, good all right?
Speaker 2: Six picks plus six picks plus another six picks. We got nothing but pictures up okay on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz.
Speaker 1: Dot com rockand Alternative to the rod Ryan Marning Show.
Speaker 6: Six to All.
Speaker 2: Ride, Welcome back everybody rod Ryan's show on this MILF Monday.
Speaker 1: But man, a lot of you taking a look.
Speaker 2: I see a lot of you hitting up are links and guests the rod Ryan Show blog page. I've heard it's world famous. A lot of you hitting up checking out everybody's six picks from the weekend.
Speaker 1: Those are all up right now. You get you started on your little trending thing you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the six picks are really getting looked at like fine now.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they went up a little late today. But stop, I can't.
Speaker 11: I will.
Speaker 1: It's on me. Apparently on me.
Speaker 5: You didn't know, Okay dropped the bubble. Luckily such a supporter team.
Speaker 1: Stop thinking about it. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Alex's obsession is. I'm sending in six picks when it's my six picks weekend.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you forget Ilio to be clear, he is malicious. I am I am not at all malicious.
Speaker 2: I am crafting a list and one that we will be able to check every Friday, so there is no confusion.
Speaker 5: But everybody's name just put like a little clothes pin on it, like we didn't like kindergarten.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe we can do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, who has six picks this weekend?
Speaker 1: They're making the list, aren't you. I'm looking at you all right? What else? What's trending? College World Series is training?
Speaker 5: LSU beat Coast with Carolina yesterday to sweep the National Championship Series, and when their second national title in the last three years ago Tigers and then Kristin Chenowith is.
Speaker 1: From Four Christmases. No, well that's you, and I know hers. She sings. I think she's a big Broadway star.
Speaker 5: Well I knew she was from Poor Christmases with her spoon's sister.
Speaker 1: And she's sang the nationally for four game seven.
Speaker 5: Of the NBA champions Yeah, yeah, NBA Finals last night.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, did she do a good job. I'm assuming she did a good job. I just saw she was seeing it.
Speaker 12: I had on.
Speaker 1: I just want to make sure. I want to make sure she was trending for a good reason.
Speaker 5: She's training because she's saying I think she's from Oklahoma. Maybe yes, Okay, I knew that, but from four Christmases that's what she's most well known.
Speaker 2: But she is a tiny little thing. Yes, she can whale. She can belt out some songs.
Speaker 1: She looked like she was whiling. I wasn't listening.
Speaker 6: She is.
Speaker 1: She's impish. She's so tiny. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 5: Okay, she's very Sefisher admirable, all right, but that's what training on nighty by the buzz.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. You have some tickets over there, I do Modest Mouse and the Flaming Lips. Yeah, yeah, yeah, those are the one seven, one.
Speaker 3: Three Music Hall August twentieth tickets on sale.
Speaker 1: Now ticketmaster dot com. Or can I give them a call her? Ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah, seven one three two one two five nine four five Okay, come get them.
Speaker 1: To run Ryan Show five. I'm pooped. What the buzz?
Speaker 2: Here we go ninety four five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Everything okay with Lincoln Park Mode. We don't know. The rumors are thrilling. There was a health issue in the band. We don't know who. Last minute cancelation of a show.
Speaker 6: Over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, that happens. Everyone's okay, we don't know who it was.
Speaker 2: Or everybody's thinking, Okay, the singer blew out her voice or something.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 2: We just we just don't have that information as of right now. But we're talking about that during Houston's headlines. It's all backed up on the music blog page today. Nobody clicks on that damn thing.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, I've got the Dolly parton.
Speaker 2: It's called Dolly Crue and they got the little is it the EMU things or whatever?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, the little dot things annunciation?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Dolly Crue.
Speaker 1: It's a it's not even I guess it's a mashup.
Speaker 2: I think what they did is they took the masters from Home Sweet Home, and then Dolly kind of added her dolliness to it, as only Dolly can do sparkles. Yeah, so she went in there and dollified it and it's all sanctioned. But the odd thing is it's gonna be on an upcoming Motley Crue album.
Speaker 1: Yes, for charity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the music blog page has awesome things on it.
Speaker 1: Oh, but are you okay? Well, the hands are in the air. Were you able to get a little track? Did you get that f one song? Yeah, I'd like to hear that. What is it they released?
Speaker 2: You know that F one movie is coming up with bread Pick and yeah, you think Doug his brother's going to see that.
Speaker 1: We're obsessed with Doug Pitt right now, Oh my gosh. And then I got into his sister as well, so go ahead.
Speaker 2: Doug Pitt was in fun Facts, so Ed Shearon has a song on the soundtrack to F one, Right, Dave Grohl is playing drums, and then.
Speaker 1: There's one other person.
Speaker 2: Uh uh is it John Crap?
Speaker 1: I believe it's your Body's Wonderland? John Mayer? Is it John Mayern guitar? I think it is.
Speaker 5: This is from the music videos, so it's got like car sounds in the background.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let's hear it that. It's not one hundred percent studio quality. This is on the music blog page, all right. Dave Grohl behind the Kicks sounds like that Bruno Mars song Didn't Blow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's in heavy rotation at my house still the video this sounds like it just.
Speaker 1: Could be like part two of it.
Speaker 14: I'm through the city with the figures over the house beating by with the top down.
Speaker 1: Time the ain't.
Speaker 14: Living so they with me in the crown and a gonna stop down the copy call with the back of a finger, see the word give a pool on.
Speaker 1: Me coming back up. I love that little ginger. That ship is so talented. I do, I do. I love that sharing the city. I got down on my side, but don't Gill is a bar.
Speaker 14: I still the limit of everybody on my getting tamed.
Speaker 1: By a top con the way when going down Brune.
Speaker 14: There but the bibe in the bat and the days coming.
Speaker 2: You can yet the buzz could play this.
Speaker 1: I mean the buzz. The buzz is playing this.
Speaker 10: I really like it.
Speaker 1: Has Wizard heard this yet?
Speaker 3: He's hearing it right now. It comes out Friday movie.
Speaker 2: The girlfriend's in f one, So I kind of I'm going you ever want you ever watched the races?
Speaker 3: Alex doesn't know anything about racing. I came into this situation.
Speaker 1: Here, guy, Yeah, knowing that Alex knows nothing.
Speaker 5: He does Lewis Hamilton Red Bull Racing guy, No, that's the bad guy is.
Speaker 1: Lewis Hamilton is not on Red Bull. Well he's not anymore, Max max verstapping, Yeah, the best Lollie Hamilton's Indie car. No Louis, He's right. Lewis Hamilton clearly know a lot about Lewis Hamilton's before our Now, well he was in red, was he?
Speaker 5: I think somebody somebody was They only switched teens.
Speaker 1: Wow, we know a lot.
Speaker 2: Hey, we have tickets to give away Rusty the Ed Sheeran collab.
Speaker 1: For the F one movie.
Speaker 2: That's me saying, hey, guys, there's always great stuff on the.
Speaker 1: Music blog page. Gotta go check it out once in a while. Hey, Judith, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, Good morning, Hi Judith, how are you?
Speaker 16: I'm just wonderful.
Speaker 1: How are you? Awesome? Awesome big F one fan? Judith? She doesn't know what's going on with F one?
Speaker 8: No, I really don't.
Speaker 1: Sorry, put her on that. You need help. Name one of Nick Cannon's children. He can't. He can't do that either, he can't. All right, Judith, there's no question in your color yet.
Speaker 3: Mama give her time The modest now blaming lips, August twenty at seven one three Music Hall, ticketmaster dot Com.
Speaker 1: But Judith, you're in see there.
Speaker 2: Awesome so much? All right, thank you for listening, Judith, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Have an awesome day, all right. You ruled Ryan Show The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, It's green Day, good Ridding's time of your life?
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: In F one News, Lewis Hamilton was with Mercedes and now he went over to Ferrari.
Speaker 1: No for stopping, but he did. He did race for indycart right before that. I know he is in.
Speaker 5: The UK Formula the Super one National Championship.
Speaker 1: Thank you for.
Speaker 5: Definitely not just looking at his Wikipedia now he's not rating. He was in the Formula Renault UK Winter Series.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows that now everybody, well, I'm sure Formula three euro Series. That was my personal favorite.
Speaker 2: Everyone loving all the F one talk today on the show.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: Although we do know that the movie well we know the Ed Sheeran song is on the music blog page and it's going to be on the It's featured in the movie and it's on.
Speaker 1: The F one soundtrack. The song. The song is called drive. Game should be what game?
Speaker 6: Oh that bag?
Speaker 5: Or I think it would also be funny just you can do the best m M zoom zoom, I gotta be really funny.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna be better than that?
Speaker 11: I know?
Speaker 1: Wait do that againom is that like you're hidden. We had that skill. Why do you watch a lot of racing? If I don't hear that every day on the show this week, I would be so upset. We should just zoom zoom Zoo Zoom Zoom game. The zoom Zoom Shoom shoom shoomoo Shoot Turn Turn two, Head Rock. The Zoom game is my new favorite thing. F one opens this weekend.
Speaker 2: Radio Wizards that I have not heard that clip, but I do like what you're playing, and I like me Cement Sharon as well.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Radio Wizard likes something. He loves it, and you want to shut up about him. He said he liked him, He said he didn't love him. Now you it's his favorite song. Did you just throw that out there? Or you really want to go see this F one movie?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I really want to see it. I think I'll probably take my.
Speaker 2: Dad because it's Brad Pitt, because it's an action movie.
Speaker 1: Or do you like it racing? Yeah? But okay, is it an indie thing. It's got to be an indie thing. You're an indie Gael. I am an Indiegel. Okay, So Indianapolis five hundred is a big deal. Yeah, that's like our thing and then you but you also like all the other stuff, like you're not like Nascar. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: I didn't know if you were super if you came from indianapolish, if you're like snobby and absolutely not like and everything else, like Dayton is like a second class citizen to you.
Speaker 1: You're into it. Hill, I'm from Columbus, Indiana, which is the home of Tony Stewart. Okay, so I guess it's just in my blood depot. Yes, a quality human? Is that one an opening weekend for you?
Speaker 6: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Imax? Where's Imax?
Speaker 14: WHOA?
Speaker 1: Alright, it's filmed in Imax. You don't have to if you're gonna go see a movie. I think you're supposed to. This is the top gun guy that did this movie. Oh really, Yes, where's the Imax? I know there's Imax here. We got everything here over the place. Oh, just like in every theater now though right probably no, I think a lot of them. I think it's got to be they do have IMAX. I can't. I have not seen a movie in theaters since before the pandemic. Is that a real story?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 2: I think it was Game Night that you saw in the theaters. I don't go to the theater to see stuff. Yeah, I've been twice since the pandemic.
Speaker 5: I rented a twenty dollars movie this weekend. I think that's Paul Rudd Tim Robinson a friendship, not a great movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, twenty bucks f one opening this weekend. Go listen to the Edge here and Saw. I'm gonna send it over to the radio wizards so he can listen to the whole thing. Man, we need to be playing that Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative all day and the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five because.
Speaker 1: Nine the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Switch Foot meant to live rod Ryan Show on this mill from Monday. Welcome back for the weekend, everybody. Hope it was a great weekend. If you want to see how our weekends went. My goodness, everybody contributing. Uh six picks from mo looks like get a good time down in Galveston.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, thank you.
Speaker 2: Beautiful baby pictures. Alex has got his six picks up. There's baby el doing some swimming and looks like some gymnastics Olympic training.
Speaker 1: Olympic training. Young way to get her started that young, that young I was in New Orleans. We have six picks I think I have. I mean, I just said, I just I don't want to brag, but I probably did more. Very Chili Chili had his work cut out for him.
Speaker 2: It's safe to say Chili he's got six picks this weekend. I'm starting with Chili.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we're gonna get write this down, y'all. We'll get a little bit rotation through the summer.
Speaker 1: Got it? Well, bar six picks, but yeah, you got a lot.
Speaker 2: To look at today on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com, sixty percent chances of scattered understorms today high up around ninety one one final time moo Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Please thank you, good morning.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, US military leaders laid out how exactly seven stealth B two bombers and more than one hundred and twenty five support planes smashed three of Iran's nuclear sites.
Speaker 1: They called it the.
Speaker 3: Largest B two strike in US history. Apparently, the lead bombers flew from Missouri while a second group flew.
Speaker 1: The opposite way as decoys.
Speaker 3: Then the bombers dropped fourteen thirty thousand pounds penetrator bombs that burrowed into the underground labs. Trump hailed the strike as a spectacular military success and warrant he will hit many more targets.
Speaker 1: If Iran refuses to talk.
Speaker 3: Obviously, one of the headlines in Houston was that the Rockets are acquiring fifteen time All Star and four time Olympic gold medalist Kevin Durant from the Phoenix Sun.
Speaker 1: Well, I forgot about these Olympic gold medals too. You know what else I didn't know about him? He played for the University of Texas, even though for a year. That's really cool. You just played one year, right, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: And then went straight to the NBA. Of course, I also look into his personal and private life and who.
Speaker 1: Taken before him in the draft? I don't know. Tell me also from Indiana who played at Ohio State. Oh oh, I'm sort of anchor. Yes, what's his name? Greg goodin bust look at him now?
Speaker 2: So you said that Kevin Durant, which I hopefully will get to learn some of these things too.
Speaker 1: Hopefully he's here for a long time.
Speaker 2: But he's very involved in the communities that he lives in, and he does a lot of charity work and stuff.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting to see, like how it's involved in Houston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, it's not expected of him, but you know, it would be cool. He got involved in a few things, you know. I mean, that's listen, that's about one of the biggest names you can get. I looked it up myself and it's it's widely believed that he is a top ten all time NBA player.
Speaker 1: It's a huge deal for the Rockets. Hopefully things go well. All of us all online, which is fun. Really he is he would like so you would love that. I'm a fan of that part. Yeah, you should be his number one fan. I am trollsy night, I will be. I'm learning how to love her. Let's talk about Kroeger.
Speaker 3: It was kind of sad they announce they're closing sixty stores over the next eighteen months. They cited overlapping locations, rising labor costs, and shifting shopping habits. Of the sixty to close so far, only one, a Texas location, was the first to admit that they'd be one of the victims.
Speaker 1: If you will.
Speaker 3: Kroger owns a lot of different names, not necessarily Kroger, so they're saying a lot of the affected employees will be offered jobs at nearby Kroger owned stores. Okay, Pixar had a new kid movie out this weekend called l e Oh, and it's at a record twenty one million dollars at the box office, making it one of the or making it the worst opening ever for Pixar worst. It's interesting though, because before Elie Oh had the worst toy story, the original had the worst opening, which.
Speaker 1: Will all agree is an amazing movie.
Speaker 3: It went on to do great things, so maybe we can hope for the best for l e O. How to Train Your Dragon stayed at number one in the box office over the weekend. So kid movies, okay, all right, let's talk about Motley Crew. They released a new version of their nineteen eighty five hit Home, Sweet Home, and while you're skeptical, let me add one further detail.
Speaker 1: They enlisted the help of Dolly Parton. Now did I detect a slight eye roll from you earlier?
Speaker 14: Why?
Speaker 1: Okay? I was, so, I'm reading you right right. Dolly's a legend. Yes, she's just trying really hard.
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 1: This sound too much? Dolly?
Speaker 4: Are you? No?
Speaker 1: You have Dolly fatigue? No, I don't have Dolly fatigue.
Speaker 3: I bought a Dolly Parton frozen meal at the grocery store yesterday.
Speaker 1: I subscribe. I bought her cake mix seeds or like muffins or something like that. She does a lot of good things. She has great programs getting back to the community. But Dolly listen.
Speaker 2: Sleep, so she does take a verse or two in the song, so they just kind of have her.
Speaker 1: They got her sprinkled into the original. I didn't we need this. I don't know a most cringing.
Speaker 6: I just.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Here we go to me, little man, dreams.
Speaker 10: Falling us.
Speaker 1: You laugh at me.
Speaker 3: You wish your best for your grandmother as well.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't think she can do anything to tarnish her legacy. I think she can do anything, and she is doing anything and everything.
Speaker 1: That's four thirty.
Speaker 3: Dolly called it an honor and a joy, and the guys of Motley Cruez said it is a career high for them to be included with Dolly.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines video.
Speaker 2: The video is on the music walk Pace video Yeah Wow, it's the original Okay with Dolly.
Speaker 1: Studio Parks Okay. Yeah. The Oklahoma City Thunder are NBA champions.
Speaker 5: They beat the Pacers one of three to ninety one last nine, game seven of the NBA Finals. Ok c's Shay Gildess Alexander was named Finals MVP, and it's their first title since they moved to Oklahoma City from Seattle in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: In baseball, the Astros gotta win.
Speaker 5: Yesterday they got by the Angels eight to seven to take two of three from LA over the weekend. They're gonna get a day off today before opening up a series with the Phillies tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: And in college baseball, LSU won the College World Series. Yesterday.
Speaker 5: They beat Coastal Carolina five to three to sweep the National Championship Series. It's their second baseball national title in the last three seasons.
Speaker 1: Go Tigers. That is what's going on in sports. You're bro wing to LSU? He did, I mean, was he losing his mind over this?
Speaker 5: Or is he he looked at college baseball is like, I'm going to obviously talk a bunch of crap if they win, but if they lose, I'm like, okay, it's's college baseball.
Speaker 1: Okay, he was, he was.
Speaker 2: Happy and he was talking crapas today it's weird. Like I said, I was in New Orleans and LSU is that state's team.
Speaker 1: Everything that they do. It's just.
Speaker 2: Everybody loves all things LSU in that state. Yeah, you know, it's not there's so many colleges here in.
Speaker 1: Texas, A and M was supposed to be the best this year and make it.
Speaker 2: I mean people that never even got a whiff of the campus. I've never even been to college in their life. LSU is just that state's teams. Yeah, you know, alright, congratulations.
Speaker 1: Tigers host Alternative and tell.
Speaker 6: Them of the rod Ryan Morning Show, the bus.
Speaker 2: Come on ninety four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Collective Soul Shine. We're in our fourth and final hour together. We do have a shot at some alternative income that's coming back. So we're gonna kick it off in just a couple of minutes. Get you a keyword.
Speaker 1: Got a chance to win one thousand dollars, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Sixty percent chances scattered, thunderstorms, highs of around ninety one.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 2: You know, when you you say Beyonce is coming, I know it's a stadium, Taylor Swift Stadium, ACDC didn't come here, but I had to go stadium. I didn't know Morgan Wallan. I hear the name all the time. I didn't know what country guys are stadium guys. I mean Garth Brooks Stadium guy. Okay, Morgan Wallan stadium guy.
Speaker 1: Now, I didn't know that. I mean like George Straight Stadium. Yeah, everywhere or here. He plays a lot of stadiums. He also did the biggest like Residency and right well to all those shows. But at football stadium is just a different Have you heard Luke Combs? Do you know who that is? I know the name. He's energy, He's a football stadium. Yeah, geez, guys, you're selling tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know you go to these stadium shows, and you guys all know you go to the rodeo. Everyone has their own difficulties dealing with a lot of people all leaving at the same time. That goes for a football game too, and everybody's leaving at the same time, seventy thousand people.
Speaker 1: You got to be mentally prepared for that.
Speaker 2: You know, football games are different because most people are gonna drive or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe you guys do get dropped off at football games, most people drive and I think they tail game Taslow said RODDI it took my family to Morgan wall in the concert this weekend, and I'm not a big Nashville guy, but the show is great. But I gotta say energy was horribly set up for events like this one. We had floor seats, no bathrooms or concessions on the floor.
Speaker 1: I think that's true. No bathrooms, concessions. Sometimes they'll do like a traveling stand. There were. We did find alcohol on the floor from Metallica. Yeah, you gotta look, it's not all over or like just in the back. It's not all over. Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 2: I think there could have been more alcohol, So okay, so I don't know if Morgan had it, but he couldn't find any. But there's no bathrooms on the floor, so anytime you needed something, you had to walk all the way up the floor to the concourse. And there's a million people there. The lines are outrageous. Worst of all, the ride share lot was not clearly marked. Once we finally figured out where to go, it's almost a mile from the stadium. It took us forty five minutes of walking with kids at eleven thirty at night. Finally found out where to go, and then we had to wait another two hours for a ride.
Speaker 1: He goes, that's not G's fault. They go to I don't know, he said, they go to a lot of big concerts.
Speaker 2: I think he drove in from Dallas. And now he's saying that Cowboy Stadium. He says, it's much easier to get around. He's familiar with it though, so there's a familiarity, you know, when it's your stadium.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what you expect. We're like, yeah, we know. We have to go to the yell a lot for uber, Like that's a thing. He said.
Speaker 2: Love the city, I love coming back, but use your contacts to tell Energy to fix this, because it was a nightmare for all the out of towners who aren't used to the stadium and where to go. He didn't think things were properly labeled. I got six picks from the concert if you like, since you didn't provide them for us this weekend. Okay, I'm trying to be sympathetic to you, Tasla, and then you get a little dig on Mesla.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm glad you came here dragging around kids is another.
Speaker 2: Whole level of And then when you're you're the you're the leader of the family, and everyone's just looking at you, like, Dad, where do we go?
Speaker 1: And then you don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's an awful feeling. That is an awful feeling when your family's running around. You're two hours after the show and you're trying to find where and you got kids and they're just like, dad, get us out of your dad and he doesn't know what to do, and he just didn't feel like everything was labeled properly.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, it's our place. We know how to do it. We do know how to do it. I'm amazed.
Speaker 2: And I know that there's reasons, but the fact and I know that they have this thing mapped out, but the amount of you can only go this direction when you leave, and the amount of like the streets that are closed off and all of that, I cannot wrap around it, Like why can't I just go this way to go home?
Speaker 1: Reason? I just want to go this way?
Speaker 2: And I know they haven't figured out and that can be a little frustrating, and I think it keeps a lot of people at home. But you're told me Morgan Wallan sold out two nights at Energy Stadium, So people are willing to put up with it. That damn every time we do a road every time the rodeo rolls around, it's like, oh, another record night, another record night. So people will put up with it.
Speaker 1: That just comes with.
Speaker 2: Why people say they don't want to leave the house anymore and they don't.
Speaker 1: Want these inconveniences.
Speaker 9: And I.
Speaker 1: Understand that and I get like that too. It's got to be really, really big.
Speaker 2: I've been to away stadiums before where I felt like I didn't know how to do it. Captain Cash and I went to AC and DC at Gillette Stadium outside of Boston, Okay, and we I'm this is how smart I am. And I'm with a real smart guy. I'm like, let's just I don't know where the uber lot is.
Speaker 1: We ubered there. I know it was pretty far from downtown Boston, so I know it cost a million dollars to get there. I'm like, well, we'll just do the same thing on the way back.
Speaker 2: Let's just go down to a like a let's skip all these losers and let's just walk this way a little bit. There's got a there's got to be a gas station and then we'll just pick up We'll just we'll have them come there. I'm smarter than everybody.
Speaker 1: This is not good.
Speaker 2: There is no gas station, no Captain cash. And I walked for two hours on the road side. We were gonna hitchhike, We're gonna hop in a car.
Speaker 1: We found a bar. Two hours down the road.
Speaker 10: We walked.
Speaker 1: There's one road in one road out for that. Damn, there's nothing there wasn't even there are some areas there. There wasn't even a sidewalk, and we're walking.
Speaker 2: We really thought about knocking on somebody's house door and say hey, we need help.
Speaker 1: So we walked and we finally. I mean, so I understand it. You go somewhere. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when I went to go see ACDC in Las Vegas, everything's so compact.
Speaker 1: Vegas in Vegas tourist friendly.
Speaker 2: I stayed at the hotel that is closest to the football stadium.
Speaker 1: I mapped it.
Speaker 2: Out, I knew where the bridge was, I knew everything that I was going to do because I wasn't going to get trapped in a foreign football stadium with again seventy thousand people.
Speaker 1: Pulling out at the same time. So I feel you, Taslo. I understand that, I do. I get that. I'm sorry, he said.
Speaker 2: He loves the city, loves coming in, loves all of this. He just, yeah, I've heard that before too. Guys, go get some money.
Speaker 1: Listen up the Rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's shown. I want a little fun fact about the Morgan Wallen shows.
Speaker 1: Tell us there was two of.
Speaker 2: Them, right, yeah, two sold out shows at NRG Stadium. I got a guy that works security, okay, brother Rod. I worked the barricade pitt for Metallica and Morgan Wallen. I kicked out nobody at Metallica. I booted six women from Morgan Wallen.
Speaker 1: The people at the Woodlands told us the same thing at buzzfests. They're like, it's a different kind of fun. But yeah, like they said that the Buzzfest. They love Buzzfest because everybody so well behaved on their best behavior. That's Alex just looked like what they're following after me?
Speaker 2: For people are so well behaved, he said, And that guy's not wrong. Energy Stadium in the old Astra World, those are the worst parking lot situations.
Speaker 1: Is it really worse than everywhere else? I don't know. God, it seems like people bitch about it more here.
Speaker 2: And this guy Vampire says, speaking of stadium tours, any idea why nine.
Speaker 1: And Nails is not playing Energy.
Speaker 2: It seems like they could sell it out easily with as fast as they sold out the Toyota Center, I could get tickets to. I couldn't get tickets to the Toyota Center. Maybe if they recognized this, then people like me would have scored some tickets.
Speaker 1: He said, that's just my two cents. I'll tell you this. Bands know exactly how big they are.
Speaker 2: Okay, they got people fluffing them up all the time and everything, But bands, it's a business, and financially speaking, Trent Reznor, who is niney Nails, he knows.
Speaker 1: Exactly how big he is.
Speaker 2: If he thought that he could sell out stadiums, he would, But you got to pay rent and a stadium show, the costs that are associated with a stadium show are so much more than what's gonna happen at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: If he thought he was big enough, he would do it.
Speaker 2: The fact of the matter is ninety s Nails is not big enough to play stadiums, nor I don't think they ever have been, to be honest with you, when it comes to stadium bands. For rock, it's the Rolling Stones, It's you two, Metallica, ac DC, Guns n' Roses.
Speaker 1: Maybe for a while there bon Jovi. But that's it. I mean Coldplay, right, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's why I asked you earlier today when Morgan Wallen, I said, wow, has he been around a long time?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't think so.
Speaker 2: And the meteoric rise to become a stadium act that quickly in saying, and to sell two shows, I mean, let's face it, Beyonce, he's been around a long time. She's a stadium act. She has she hasn't always been a stadium act. So I'm like, is there that many country artists that are stadium acts now? Not a whole lot, but there are some.
Speaker 1: Alex you ready, I am?
Speaker 18: That's online, Kid's Alix online ninety four five, the mus you go over there by Today's Hey, well you'll be spending rich people's money.
Speaker 1: Hey, he doesn't want to do that. What are we buying?
Speaker 5: Well, you get to pick whose money you want to spend. You can pick between like Elon Musk, mister beast. Harry Potter had a lot of money. If you watch the movie there, he had a bunch of green Gotts bank.
Speaker 2: You didn't watch the movie scenes, so fictional people too, Yeah, I mean, but uh waite.
Speaker 1: Thomas Wayne, you can spend Bruce Wayne's Moneay was Harry Potter rich?
Speaker 5: Yes, his parents left him a lot of money. He doesn't find out until he's getting ready to Hogwood tonight.
Speaker 1: Bro, do you know who you are?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: Spoiler alert? What if I was gonna watch, I'm not there money, I'm only on the I'm only on the second one.
Speaker 5: Well, I decided to spend the Eyelishes money. She was worth three hundred million, and so I got everybody. I bought twenty trees for charity, fifty five burgers for all of us to split. I got all of us on Xbox PlayStation and the new switch, get everybody new iPhones.
Speaker 6: Mo.
Speaker 5: I spent one thousand dollars to get you some Christian loop booten heels and the shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, biton, yeah, bitten.
Speaker 5: I mean with all that, and I've spent so far, so I have two hundred and eighty five million dollars I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: You started, like with Hamburgers for us after getting three hundred million, why don't you buy us franchises so that we can.
Speaker 5: Because I'm going to buy the franchises and then I will control.
Speaker 2: I mean, do we get the burden and we got to split fifty five Hamburger, I'll buy you the bills?
Speaker 1: Okay, they have the pacers or the colts.
Speaker 2: You do realize you're only getting three hundred million, right, Oh yeah, that probably wouldn't you need billions of dollars to buy a franchise.
Speaker 1: We'll invest, but we're gonna be primary invested. Iel, Like I'm talking about money with my child right now.
Speaker 5: Go check it out and you spend rich Meel's money and feel like, Hey, I'm a rich person, but you're not, but you'll feel like it for a second. I throb finish, ride Ryans Show, paget the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: But we're full on all these hammergers. Yeah, thanks buddy, thank you. Hold hold the Pickles Ryan Show on ninety four or five, experience Fincher into the Cosmic on the mill of.
Speaker 2: Us ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan Show, Wait but out with the bush.
Speaker 1: On a MILF Monday. Thank you for being up early with us.
Speaker 2: We got a sixty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today. Hi up around ninety one, nine thirty five. I'm gonna leave you, not yet, Not yet.
Speaker 1: I don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Coheed and Cambrio tickets taking back Sunday. That's what's coming up on No the show Whataburger Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I see that on my calendar. Super excited about that.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: I made up a little calendar for us here in this sto oh wow.
Speaker 12: For you.
Speaker 2: On Monday, June thirtieth, Chili will present you his six picks. And then on July seventh, my friend Alex will have six picks. And then July twenty first, Mo in July twenty eighth, I'll have six picks. And I got the whole summer plotted out for us so that we don't have any further confusion. Everybody can rest easy on Sunday nights.
Speaker 1: One. You know, if you ever lay there wondering, God do it, that's the one that has six picks.
Speaker 2: Sam very again laid that out for everybody at least for the summer. Got a little schedule for us. Meanwhile, Mo has six picks up today. Alex has six picks up today. I have six picks up today.
Speaker 6: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: There was some confusion this morning, but there's a lot of picks now, so we have like over compensated and there's picks all.
Speaker 1: Over the place. So thank you too. I appreciate you guys going and checking that out.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing I know about my buddy Alex, he loves a good AI story.
Speaker 1: Oh not true.
Speaker 2: And Uh, there's a new startup. It's called Cluly, and I think we're going to be hearing about Cluly. It's openly kind of bragging right now that it can help everyone cheat on everything. And how I think this is going to be around is because they had an early funding for this and almost by the snap of a finger, they raised five point three million dollars.
Speaker 1: So they get that money. That gets you another headline.
Speaker 2: Not only is there this new app, this new startup called Cluly, they've already got five point three million dollars, so they get out there again asking for money. This time fifteen million dollars comes rolling in. That means people are believing in what these guys are offering up Cluly. Cleuly the two founders that put this together, who are going to be very, very rich. They got kicked out of Columbia University because they created a tool called the interview Coder and it helped engineers cheat on technical interviews. I would like my engineers to really know their stuff, and I think everybody would agree that anybody that you're hiring for a position, you'd like them to really know what it is they're doing.
Speaker 1: And what this is offering up is will get you through We'll get you through it. And what about if doctors are doing this, and so what does it really do?
Speaker 2: They've come up with undetectable AI to coach people through virtual interviews and calls and basically telling you what to say. But there's going to be all sorts of practical applications for this, like maybe helping people in negotiations and giving people information in real time that can make meetings and conversations more efficient. So basically telling the people what to say. Now, you could just go and google these things and then just try to repeat that. But this is so advanced and now there's under like there's something that schools use they can tell if you're plagiarized, turn it in dot com it used to be we have yeah, okay, tell me about that.
Speaker 5: You would have to submit your entire paper to that, and then it would come back and it would be like, oh, this was used here.
Speaker 1: This was used here, exact combination. You hadn't like.
Speaker 5: Cited your sources and stuff. If you were do like a research paper, it would be like, h here you go. And then even if you had to site sources, you could only have a teacher repect. If you have anything more than like ten percent of cited sources as your text, then you're gonna.
Speaker 2: It's not your work, right. This uses undetectable AI to coach these people.
Speaker 5: So what if you make a program this is a verbal treademark on this that detects undetectable AI. And then I'm like, well, here, companies, I will sell you this. You can tell if somebody is trying to pull one over on you. And then the companies have it and it cancels each other out.
Speaker 2: It's a good thing you've verbal trademarked that. Yeah, because I think a lot of people would I would have jumped on that. But they're they're embracing this obviously, and they're describing it as cheating, and they say, in the future, no one will consider this cheating. Right now, it seems like it's cheating, They said, no one will think that in the future. So it's kind of like a desktop tool that can be used to cheat at everything from exams to job interviews, sales calls, you name it, and you can use it in your personal life.
Speaker 1: They say, there's applications for online dating and all this, which is going to be real.
Speaker 5: I mean, unless if you're needing to pick up checks today, you should be picking up checks.
Speaker 1: But this is you're still gonna you You still have to show up for the date. Unless you're wired with an earpiece, you're going to have to talk. Yeah, And it comes down to it. So, I mean, you can blow.
Speaker 2: Smoke all you want by typing all these things and this thing telling you what to say. It's one point you're going to have to prove the skill.
Speaker 1: Is there right, that you have the ability.
Speaker 2: To do the things that you think So unless you can just keep cheating, isn't that like you walking the walk and talking the talk. This thing's gonna talk to talk at some point you're gonna have to walk it right on an event?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're gonna definitely have to walk it. I would think so.
Speaker 5: And then all those free AI step is going to be put behind a paywall at a certain point, and then your brain's just gonna be broken because you relied on.
Speaker 1: Free Jrategy person whatever and yeah, crap, now I do.
Speaker 5: And then you're either gonna pay a billion dollars that they ask for or you just look dumb because you don't know anything because you've never taught yourself anything, because you've used a robot the whole time.
Speaker 2: At the snap of a finger. Clearly has raised over twenty million dollars from robots, from people that think that they want to get in on the ground floor on this because they think this is going to be big, and right now it is.
Speaker 1: It says you can use this to cheat on everything. This is idiocracy, guys. This is the movie Idiocracy, and we're doing it is pretty scary. You could read more about it. I'm not saying that I'm pro or I'm just saying it's happening.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying it's happening. I asked Chilly put up a link if you want to read more about it. But you kind of have an.
Speaker 1: Idea of what they're doing or do you because it's like what I think most people, even me.
Speaker 2: There was a discussion came up with one of the guy that lives next to me in New Orleans. You know, he's a real hotshot lawyer, one of the smartest dudes I know. And he said that him and his partner, law partner, they're like they couldn't find the common ground on something and they're two brilliant people. And he said that they're able to use AI and they came up with something that like, see that's using it for good.
Speaker 1: But it was something that you got.
Speaker 2: These two brilliant people and they just couldn't get to that point where they needed to.
Speaker 1: And he said that they used AI and they both said, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, us against a tool, not a crutch, and this is a cru They came up with something that made sense to both of them.
Speaker 1: They needed just a little bit of help.
Speaker 5: And the AI nine knows if I want to turn him against him, yeah, this is where he breaks.
Speaker 1: This is where he breaks. Boom crazy. Yeah it wins, guys, Mo, WHATCHU giving away? I know the show.
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets to see Cohed and Cambria They're gonna be a Taking Back Sunday at seven one three Music Hall in September.
Speaker 1: Tickets are on sale now ticketmaster dot com. Or if you know the show, all right, mo the show, her questions coming up after this break and The Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am. The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Welcome back Rod Ryan Show. There's that know the show? Music? Okay?
Speaker 2: Coheden Cambria Taking Back Sunday. They got tickets for their show at the seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: It's time from the show. What's your question? My question?
Speaker 3: Which redheaded singer sings a song on the upcoming F one movie soundtrack?
Speaker 1: Oh, everybody was impressed with it. We played a little clip of it today. It was a cool song. We kind of like it a lot.
Speaker 2: Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. If you mow the show, never miss a minute. Ninety four five The Buzz is with you in your pocket. Tell your smart device to play ninety four five The Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Seether.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remedy name Remedy. Oh good morning everybody. I always I am hoping that you are off to a great start to your day. Thank you for starting part of your day with us. It's it's appreciated more than you know. Even with all the ball breaking I took today and I got my balls but busted today.
Speaker 1: Pretty good, pretty good fun.
Speaker 2: Lots of pictures and stuff like that. I'll get into that in a second. Let's go give away these tickets here at.
Speaker 9: Gregus now time four know this show on ninety four five The buzz.
Speaker 2: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rod Ryan Show, do Good morning, Hey dude.
Speaker 2: It's going great. What's your name? My name is Dizzy, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey mo, this is easy. You got a question for him? Hey friend? Uh yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you know which redheaded singer sings a song on the upcoming F one movie soundtrack?
Speaker 1: What you got?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, yes, look yes, ma'am six you read.
Speaker 2: At f.
Speaker 1: Was there an answer in there?
Speaker 3: Sexy Red is a singer? Oh no, not sexy not sexy red. Not sexy Red is a redheaded singer, though, I guess.
Speaker 1: Next up, Good morning, Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 6: Here we got here, John Hernandez.
Speaker 1: John Hernandez, Well John, Welcome into the show mo. What's your question?
Speaker 3: John, which redheaded singer sings a song on the upcoming F one movie soundtrack?
Speaker 18: That would be it?
Speaker 2: Harrian, Oh yeah, you better hope there's not another redhead singing on that soundtrack.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I was like, you're the winner, John, hook him up. You're going to see Cohen and Cambria. We'll take him back Sunday.
Speaker 3: We'll be here September eighth, seven one three Music Hall Tickets on sale now at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: See you their friends, Thank yeah.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Thank you. John with the top sound.
Speaker 2: John Mayer on guitar Dave Grohl Ever heard of him? Did you know that he plays the drums?
Speaker 1: They did cool song. Plays the drums on this song. And then and then that little ginger red sharing singing in the city. I got dot on the top. It's good. It's really good.
Speaker 2: So this is gonna be Apparently it's featured in the movie and on the movie soundtrack.
Speaker 1: I got the video up on the music blog page.
Speaker 2: After you get through looking at the eighty pictures that we all provided this morning, everybody brought in six picks, but they did really really well on links and guests so thank you for going to check out all those. The number one link was Milk Monday, but then all the six picks did really, really good today. Texas Country Cody Mixon was the guy that.
Speaker 1: Was one pump chump, though he's out already.
Speaker 2: Richard who wanted to go by rich and we couldn't talk him into using Dick as his name, but he's gonna play tomorrow. He won this morning fresh out of bed hit to head challenge. We play every morning at six twenty. You should get up early and join us in home room. And that's for the teachers too, Okay, I got some teachers that are like sleeping in and like not tuning in until about eight or so.
Speaker 1: Listen. I'm glad you're here. Texas Hammer.
Speaker 2: Of course, we want to thank the Texas Hammer for helping us out. Daniel won the pit tickets to this weekend's Summer of Loud Tour. Now that was at seven twenty, Chilly. I hate to ask anything more of you than we've already asked of you today. If we can get those pit tickets at eight twenty tomorrow, just because we've got such a big race this weekend, or the racing movie this weekend racing. Everyone is in. Everyone agrees that we should be playing the Vibo five hundred. Okaya Vibo five hundred tomorrow at eight twenty mo was like, what's that?
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it. Don't worry about it. Learn Bibo five hundred at a twenty for pit tickets to the Summer of Loud Tour.
Speaker 10: So ladies start charging them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to.
Speaker 2: Get your vibrators or or if you just need to change out the batteries or whatever.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I mean I'm a sign if you're charging with solar powers going on.
Speaker 1: They make solar vibrators proudly verbal trademark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dambe solar vibes dot com.
Speaker 1: You got to pay for college. I just bought it. Jeremy's up next.
Speaker 2: He's gonna give you a chance at one thousand dollars alternative income at ten ten. Not stop noon or pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: That's it. We gotta go. Guys. Have a great Monday. Hey, mb.
Speaker 9: Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com