Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio apps. And also the photo that Trump has, which most of us think a photoshop of Gavin Newsom actually igniting the fire itself, putting a bunch of firewood next to a gas station, lighting it and running away. Yeah, that one is probably not true.
Speaker 2: And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Here's Bill handle good news.
Speaker 1: Do you Bill Handles A Monday morning, January twenty seven, we start the week, Hey, watching football yesterday. I'm going to get into that in a minute. First, let me say hello to the crowd on this Monday morning.
Speaker 3: Robin is in for Kono today.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Robin, good morning, Good Monk, good morning. And is in for Ann Good morning, Anne, Good morning, Bill, Neil of course in for Neil, Good morning, Willie Woolf.
Speaker 3: Good morning. And it's Michael Monks. He is in for Amy, who is not here today. Michael, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning to you. Bill.
Speaker 1: Now I want to point something out. I have no idea why Cono's not here. Do we know, by the way, is he's sick? Is he taking a day off? No?
Speaker 3: Windows, you know everything.
Speaker 1: And shrugs. Robin shrugs. But I do know why Michael is here in place of Amy. Amy is celebrating her birthday today. And I want to point something out. I have never taken off my birthday in my life for anything.
Speaker 3: And why is that?
Speaker 1: Because celebrating one's birthday that is not really a big achievement. The fact that you were born, you didn't have much to do with it. Now, if you win a Nobel prize, I got it, that's the achievement that you celebrate.
Speaker 3: Yay, yay.
Speaker 1: But a birthday, okay, congratulations, you've been born.
Speaker 5: I can honestly say that none of us celebrate your birth Sir.
Speaker 3: I don't. Yeah, I got news for you, Nor do I, nor do I.
Speaker 1: Rodney Dangerfield probably the best line I've ever ever heard regarding birth.
Speaker 3: When I was born, the doctor was so upset he slapped my mother.
Speaker 4: No respect.
Speaker 3: Oh right, A couple.
Speaker 1: Other things before we dive into handle on the news, and that is starting Wednesday, I and probably Neil we're going to do some commercials for Stonefire Grill.
Speaker 3: They've come back for a period.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, so yesterday, yes, and so yesterday just for research purposes and advance right, Yes, in advance of doing the commercials, I went to Stonefire Grill and I did this before.
Speaker 3: The football games.
Speaker 1: I could come and watch Kansas City win their game and the and I was eating the leftovers from.
Speaker 4: Stone Fires larger.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're always at the poor shows are enormous. Yeah, and I love that food so much. I happened to meet the CEO.
Speaker 1: Who was there for he was doing something and Dave nicest guy in the world, and he was pointing out, I mean, he has listening to the show for years and even talked about commercials that I've done for Zelman's on April Fool's Day when I talked about Zelman's and New Minty Mouthmen's coming out in suppository form, and he said he thought that was the funniest thing. So we talked about the show for years and literally it was no, No, you don't under standy, I'm a bigger fan of stone Fire than you are of the show.
Speaker 3: No, that's not true.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I ate as usual everything and brought home the carrot cake.
Speaker 3: Michael, you're looking at me like you ever been a stone Fire.
Speaker 6: No, I'm looking forward to the invitation.
Speaker 3: Man orted for God's sake, but you.
Speaker 4: Are in tip pestle, all of it, all of it.
Speaker 3: You know what I had?
Speaker 1: This would for breakfast this morning I woke up. Usually I have a half a bagel or something. I had the Rigatoni that I brought home.
Speaker 3: That's to die for.
Speaker 4: Anyway, so starting my day, you remember that, the great all of it.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we started the commercials on Wednesday, and I'm going to see if they can bring.
Speaker 3: In some food for the morning crew. Have a delivered maybe the carrot cake, which is incredible. Okay, we're done, guys. Enough of that.
Speaker 1: Say hello, I gave him the cheap plug that they didn't even have to pay for.
Speaker 3: Okay, So there you are. Uh what else is going on? Not much? So let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's start with Handle on the news on this Monday with Michael Monks and Neil and me lead story. Well, the LA base that DA Drug Enforcement Administration is cooperating with federal law enforcement and they're rating everything.
Speaker 3: God help you if you are here illegally.
Speaker 1: The contractor who works on my house, for example, he had to get some supplies and I think it was at home depot. And usually you see a bunch of migrants sitting in the driveway, you're in the parking lot, asking if they can work for people.
Speaker 3: You know, they'll sit there hoping for labor.
Speaker 1: Empty nobody, same thing at Loew's, empty nobody.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: They're running scared, really scared, and they're not going to go house to house to pick up people. But they all the stories over the weekend were that they're not leaving their homes because they're so far work.
Speaker 5: I mean, I thought they were focusing on criminals. I don't mean the legal part. I think I think they are. But there were a couple of planeloads.
Speaker 1: We're talking a military planeloads of migrants, and there were women in there. I don't think there were kids. And I don't know at this point who they're picking up. My guess is primarily they're going after criminals.
Speaker 3: They broke up One Bang One.
Speaker 1: Gang, a Venezuelan gang in in Chicago, and they picked all of them up. Yeah, so we're going to find out weird. But the fear has spread like crazy through the migrant community, and at this point is a sanctuary city, you know, but the Feds are saying they're not even bothering with local law enforcement, cooperating with the Feds, which is all about sanctuary city. They're just going in and the cities can't do anything about that.
Speaker 3: So we're going to see what happens. I'll tell you one thing.
Speaker 1: One of the things about Donald Trump is man. He said I'm gonna do this, and he did it. I mean, he is not screwing around now. I'll do a couple of stories later on about how quickly it has gone and a few unintended consequences because he's moving so rapidly. But he he was elected based on what he said he's going to do, and this guy walks the talk.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: It is January twenty seven. We continue with Handle on the News with Michael Monks. Do you ever go by Mike or is it been Michael?
Speaker 4: It's always been Michael for me, you know, but if you want to call.
Speaker 3: Your money, Okay, that's a good name.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, he's my middle name.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it? All right?
Speaker 4: What's your middle nameme? My middle name is Anthony?
Speaker 3: Good Canthony?
Speaker 4: Michael?
Speaker 3: Anthony? All right?
Speaker 1: More handle on the news with Michael for me, uh Neil Savedra and me for me.
Speaker 6: Well, we're seeing some swapping go on in the Middle East, Israel and Gaza exchanging some prisoners and they have exchanged four female Israeli soldiers for two hundred Palestinians. And we know that the North Gaza is also starting to see some Palestinians return there. These Raelis are are letting folks go through there. So a lot of moving pieces there in the Israeli Hama situation this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the first phase of a three phase pull out of Israel and uh release all the hostages and dad and alive that Gaza has, the Hamas has we don't know how many, and allowing humanitarian aid to go into Gaza. There's nothing left of Gaza, especially northern Gaza. These people are coming home to nothing, no infrastructure, no homes, no sanitation, no electricity, no working hospitals.
Speaker 3: And Hamas of course has.
Speaker 1: Declared victory because the Israeli occupants were not able to throw out every Palestinian.
Speaker 3: The problem is this thing may fall apart very quickly, very quickly.
Speaker 1: Because Israel Netanyahu is getting a lot of pressure to keep ongoing.
Speaker 3: Phase two, go back to war.
Speaker 1: Hamas is being really careful about the number of hostages. Don't want to let hostages go because when they do, their bargaining chips are gone. And it is by the way, this one is thirty prisoners exchange for each civilian, thirty Palestinians, fifty for each soldier. Remember Shalig Gilad who was the serviceman who was picked up back in I think twenty eleven orble.
Speaker 3: He was kidnapped by Hamas. It was eleven.
Speaker 1: It was six years of negotiation between Hamas and Israel and they released over one thousand Palestinians for one guy. Among those that were released was Yaya Sinhwar, who became the head of Hamas, the military wing that caused all of these atrocities.
Speaker 3: So we're going to see what's happened.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of moving pieces here that I'll cover as this thing goes on.
Speaker 5: Well, on that very note, Trump wants to send a massive rumba vacuum robot over there because he says he wants to clean out the Gaza strip. He urged Jordan in Egypt to take in recD fugees either temporarily or for long term by the millions. Now, well you're talking about he says, you're talking about a million and a half people. We just cleaned the whole thing out, he said. He was telling reporters there on Air Force one just on Saturday. He goes, you know, over the centuries, it had many, many conflicts. Student of history he is, And I don't know. Something has to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, Roan, let me ask you this, where do they go cleaning out Gaza?
Speaker 3: They have to remove all the debris. You look at that.
Speaker 1: Place and it is it looks like an atomic bomb hit it. Refugees they're pouring into northern Gaza. They have no homes to go to, and so there has to be some kind of self cleaning out in the sense of where do they go as this massive amount of debris is removed and reconstruction is being built. But you have Jordan saying absolutely not, you're not coming into here. Refugees they haven't been able to go in Egypt for years.
Speaker 4: Why don't these countries want them?
Speaker 1: Because these countries really don't give a rats about Palestinians. There's a lot of lip service. But eh, and you won't see massive aid going into Gaza either. It's lip service from the Arab countries just not interested.
Speaker 4: Well, I can tell you what was not lip service.
Speaker 6: It was apparently this near all out trade war we had coming down the pike on Sunday. This all played out basically on social media. I'm sure there was some high level diplomatic cables being passed around as well. But President Trump diplomacy by tweet has returned. But Colombian President Gustavo Petro was not backing down until he did. Apparently the White House has clean victory in this situation. So here's what happened. The White House and President Trump specifically were threatening tariffs, high tariffs, and a lot of other visa restrictions on Colombia if Columbia continues to refuse to allow US military aircraft carrying deportees to land in Bogatah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were two aircraft, military aircraft that we're bringing deportations criminals ostensibly I don't know, but I'm assuming so into Columbia. Columbia said no, wouldn't give them landing rights, just said you're out of here.
Speaker 3: We're not allowing you to land. So they go back to the United States.
Speaker 1: Trump says, okay, we're throwing twenty five percent tariffs on you. Columbia says we're throwing twenty five percent tariffs on you, and Trump starts removing visas for anybody coming in.
Speaker 3: It took Columbia about thirty seconds to cave.
Speaker 1: And they said okay, And the military aircraft have landed and Columbia said, okay, we'll accept military aircraft. I got to tell you, it's hard to argue with the US president, especially when you're a country like Columbia.
Speaker 3: You're going to lose that battle.
Speaker 5: You think this is part of the process with Trump though, coming out with those tariffs as a kind of a lean walking right into the presidency, and here was a perfect usage of it to get what he wanted.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 1: I mean the power that he has not only over the Republican Party, and the power over the that he has over America anyway because of executive orders and Congress and the Senate, because he'll be able to get legislation pass. But he is hitting immigration very very hard across the board. And as I started the program this morning, I said that migrants, illegal migrants are scared and they should be because he's going balls to the walls. And this shows exactly Trudeau caved ten seconds after Trump announced the tarraff potential tariff saw on Canada, which we don't know they're going to happen or not, but just the threat. And then now you have Columbia. Okay, now it's going to go down the list.
Speaker 3: Greenland.
Speaker 1: Still Trump is waiting for a fire sale on Greenland. He's waiting for a discount on the purchase of Greenland.
Speaker 3: Hasn't happened yet. We'll see.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Handle here it is a Monday morning, January twenty seven. More Handle on the news. Michael Monks in for Amy today, Neil and me.
Speaker 5: All right, tens of thousands displaced Gazer residents and did months of exile. They have these temporary camps that they were living in. They've returned to what's left of their homes just today after Israel opened the corridor to the north of that just beat up area and is just devastated.
Speaker 3: Do you know where they're going to live in temporary camps?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'll have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no other choice. So it's temporary camps in northern Guayza, and it'll take a generation or two to build Gaza up again.
Speaker 6: You know, a lot of people want to know about these fires and how they started here. And there's a video out that has added to the scrutiny of an Edison tower. This is near the site where the Eton fire began, and some folks have seen a fire start there and they are just convinced that this is where it started. This is a fire that has killed seventeen people, nine thousand structures destroyed, and one of the law firms suing Edison. This is Edison PC released an edited video it's that appears to show blue arcing in the canyon and the video is less than a mile from the suspected ignition point of the fire. It shows the winds whipping through that area in the distance and some light flashing on the h hillside. Bill, what do you make of that?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it's an under investigation.
Speaker 1: Edison, of course is it is not responsible and has to do with de energizing the power lines and anticipation of winds and sort of it's up in the air and they're saying, hey, wait until the investigation is done, which I'm okay with If it turns out Edison is responsible, two things are going to happen. One, Edison's going to go bankrupt that has no choice which it can do. And Edison customers, let me tell you how much they're going to pay to rebuild.
Speaker 3: It's going to be very tough.
Speaker 1: Edison customers are going to be Well, we'll see how much Edison is going.
Speaker 3: To be responsible for and what the court has to say. It is going to be a disaster any way you.
Speaker 5: Do it, well, much wanted rain came our way here in southern California a rainy weekend. And some of the highlights or the spots with the most amount of rain, places like Porter Ranch you got over an inch, and Fillmore got over an inch. Downtown was about half an inch, and then in Anaheim that's was close to an inch there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the rain's coming down today pretty hard. So now it's mud slides in the burn areas.
Speaker 4: Wow, Captain positivity, thank you for that.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. I got more positivity for you in this next story. Michael.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when it rains at pours, I mean we've got ocean water quality advisories out. Now, that's the County and it's public Health agency that has issued a statement to say there's an ocean water quality rain advisory for all LA beaches. We've got that until eight o'clock Thursday morning.
Speaker 3: So yep.
Speaker 1: It's the bacteria that comes whenever you have lots of water the sewach plants over flow, which are right at the ocean, So you can't get near the water from Crap Beach all the way to Crap Beach.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you want to go in the middle of Crap Beach also that's off off limits.
Speaker 4: You can go to Malipull.
Speaker 3: Oh very good, good.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, this story it's so hard to wrap your brain around these atrocities. Eightieth anniversary of the Auschwitz liberation today and one of the survivors, Jonah Lax ninety four, about to return to Germany to the concentration camp, and she.
Speaker 4: Said, it's.
Speaker 5: It doesn't do any good for your heart, for your mind, for anything, but it's necessary, she said, it's necessary for the world to know because more and more people that experienced it. She was twelve at the time, are dying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there won't be many left because now the only ones that are left are people that were children that were in the camp or young teenagers, and they're in their nineties, so.
Speaker 3: It will not be very long.
Speaker 1: If you ever want to feel really depressed, I suggest the trip to Auschwitz, and you will see how humanity doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: You wonder how it happened. You go into these various rooms. One has tens.
Speaker 1: If not hundreds of thousands of eyeglasses that were taken from dead Jew Another one has floor to ceiling shoes by the tens of thousands, and the barracks and you just you.
Speaker 3: Shake your head.
Speaker 1: Auschwitz probably well six million Jews, most of the Jews, and most people were killed at Auschwitz. They figured over two million, two and a half million Jews were killed there. You go there and I mean just it's like lead on your shoulders. You can cut it with a knife. I mean, you know, you just burst into tears. It's an amazing place to visit.
Speaker 4: She said.
Speaker 5: She and her sister Miriam experienced horrors in the inhumane medical experiments of let me just Bengle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Angela yep was by the way.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 1: He escaped to Brazil and died in a drowning accident. He drowned in the Ocean good never was held responsible ever. All right, let's take a break and maybe we'll maybe we'll get a little bit up. What do you think feeling a little bit better? Okay, let's let's move out of here darker. Yeah, well, it's usually I'm pretty happy about you feeling pretty sad.
Speaker 3: This one is. This one's on a level that is hard to contemplate.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I AM six forty rainy Day Today.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs one and the Ravens one right, Philadelphia one.
Speaker 3: If I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 4: The Eagles, it's a different Eagles.
Speaker 3: What do I know?
Speaker 1: I know about the Chiefs because they may take it three times?
Speaker 3: It's never been done. Can you spell Eagles? What?
Speaker 5: I don't think the mayor of Philadelphia can? Isn't she the one who she is?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yeah, she's chanted.
Speaker 5: It was like, come on, and she starts spelling, She's like e L And then it was just like a bunch of work letters and I was like, very strong, that's going to come back to haun't you.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's finish up Handle on the news with Michael Monks and from Amy Today.
Speaker 6: Neil and Me, Sure some people are out of a job in DC.
Speaker 4: These are the guys who.
Speaker 6: Are supposed to protect from abuses of power with then the federal government agencies. They're called Inspectors General. While President Trump has fired more than a dozen of them. That has caught the attention of Democrats and watchdog groups. Even Republican Senator Lindsay Graham has acknowledged that they violate. The firings violate statues, but he said, just tell them you need to follow the law next time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to do with a thirty day notice. Now, keep in mind, one of the big issues of Trump is waste and fraud. So the very people who oversee who are independent waste and fraud are these independent inspectors general, which he has fired. So it gets kind of interesting. It's putting, as he said, he's putting in his own people.
Speaker 3: He said it's a very common thing to do. It is not.
Speaker 1: And he said he would put good people in there that will be very good.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 4: His.
Speaker 1: You know, I got to tell you there's some really later on, I'm going to do a story about water that is justifies credula when it comes to what Trump is saying and doing.
Speaker 5: All Right, Welcome to tax season to good people across the Fruited Plains. Today marks the first day that the IRS will start accepting and processing twenty twenty four income tax returns. So, as we all know, the deadline is April fifteenth. You can do you know, if you live in a federally declared disaster area, you can get a break, or you don't want to file by April fifteenth. There are some things you can do for an extension in the like, but otherwise we're in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except that we have been exempted. Anybody in LA not only can extend which everybody can to filing to October fifteen, but you don't owe the taxes until October fifteen. And currently the law is you don't have to file, but you owe the taxes for the previous year. So now they've extended.
Speaker 6: That, all right, And we've also got more news here. Let me get this ready. Oh, back to Senator Lindsey Graham. You know, he's sometimes clutching his pearls over Trump, but mostly he's just gobbling up everything that Trump has to say and smiling to the press about it. However, he says pardoning the Capital attackers has sent quote the wrong signal.
Speaker 4: So what's he gonna do about it?
Speaker 1: Bill, He is gonna do nothing about it, even to the point where Stuart Rhodes or Stuart Stuart Rhodes, who was he created the oath Keepers, he was president of the oath Keepers, who was pardon and he got twenty years. I mean, he was one of the most serious offenders.
Speaker 3: He is sitting behind Trump at a rally.
Speaker 1: He is there, and Graham said, he said, I don't think there's a restriction on him being there. You want to bet the Trump organization decides who is there behind him.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is incredible.
Speaker 4: Maybe he'll become an inspector general.
Speaker 3: Maybe he will. Maybe he will. Oh, here's some big, big news.
Speaker 5: Oh are you sitting down, handle buddy, you're doing okay?
Speaker 3: Oh listen, I'm thrilled.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is exciting for you.
Speaker 5: The cliche Costco announced that it soon will no longer serve pepsi.
Speaker 4: Products in its food court, but hopefully coke is okay.
Speaker 1: So they went from coke to pepsi. Now they're going back to coke.
Speaker 3: I have a question.
Speaker 5: Yes, they switched to pepsi because they wanted to keep that dollar fifty hot dog right here.
Speaker 1: And now Coke Coke obviously caved and they made it financially okay to move the coke back to Coke products.
Speaker 3: So I have a question to ask you. Have you ever heard.
Speaker 1: Asking for anybody asking for pepsi at a restaurant and the server says, is coke?
Speaker 3: Okay? No, you have not.
Speaker 1: You absolutely have not, even to the point where every single time I'm asked, is pepsi?
Speaker 3: Okay? I respond with is monopoly money? Okay?
Speaker 4: Nice? It's that different for you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, I'm a diet pepsi guy. I think other than diet coke, please, but I think regular coke is better.
Speaker 1: Than Yeah, don't say you're a diet pepsi guy. Sorry, don't say that. Okay, real quickly, I'm going to do this one. Michael, Kansas City Chiefs going to the third consecutive Super Bowl for a meach a rematch with the Philadelphia Eagles spell the eg L e S.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it should be a good game.
Speaker 5: Here recalls more than eight eighty thousand US autos due to improper air bag deployment, which is bad, by the way, and improper wiring.
Speaker 6: And then we've got these Immigration Enforcement blitzes taking as taking a place across the country, including one in Chicago, which is a city that is nice to illegal immigrants, much like La is. So we need to keep our eyes peeled here locally, I imagine Bill to see what happens.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, no, LA is on that list. You're gonna see.
Speaker 1: Well, there already been raids in LA nothing like Chicago. Yet it's it's literally on the list, and it's going to be coming. I'm convinced within days. Okay, guys, we're done with Handle on the news. We got through fifteen stories an Okay, there you go, and so she thrilled. All right, coming up a really weird one about Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: He orders more Central Valley water.
Speaker 1: Deliveries because it would have helped LA fires.
Speaker 3: Huh huh. Well, okay, we'll cover that story and when we come back. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.