Speaker 1: I see where Ethan the Dog.
Speaker 2: I believe you're referring to Ethan Almighty if you want to just say, and by the.
Speaker 1: Way, it's pretty lofty and by the way, lofty for a damn.
Speaker 2: Dog, Ethan Almighty, and by the way, almighty, could you stop with the D word? Dude?
Speaker 1: What you know.
Speaker 2: About?
Speaker 1: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: I mean less say it d o g oh dog the man Knine Americans, they're Canine Americans. And you know, if you could say derogatory things like that about Knine American listeners, I.
Speaker 1: Think you're taking a little too far.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I think you've taken your little too sensitive your face stop, Ethan the Dog.
Speaker 2: Ethan Almighty is on like the.
Speaker 1: Top of the list here for the Bridles Bridle and uh what is this? Which party is this? Oh? Unbridled derby Gala.
Speaker 2: Well he should be. He's the biggest thing, okay, is he's the biggest thing to come out a little says that boxer. Dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I think that Ethan probably is. There's only very few that are bigger on this list. Jeff Brom probably bigger than Ethan.
Speaker 2: All I got.
Speaker 1: I didn't even say.
Speaker 2: Jeff Jeff Brom better than Ethan Almighty. I love the Brom family. But we're talking about h.
Speaker 1: Connor Ol Driscoll. That's my cousin married Connors. He is the heaven Hill.
Speaker 2: Master Distiller Connor. That's a great name. Yeah, he's he's from is it from Ireland?
Speaker 1: From Scotland?
Speaker 2: Scotland and Ireland.
Speaker 1: It's not the same lass Heather French Henry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, here's I got some dirt on her.
Speaker 1: I know you do.
Speaker 2: Did you know that she was Miss America at one point? Yeah, you already knew that.
Speaker 1: Okay. Michael Bush, former University of a Little on the Cardinal running back. Uh, the Derby princesses. This is screaming what huh what Derby princesses? Would you say?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 2: There's a Bush joke.
Speaker 1: Uh, I think it's about it.
Speaker 2: No, there's more. There's more than that.
Speaker 1: Chris Blandford, adult beverage expert.
Speaker 2: Probably from Blandford.
Speaker 1: Right right, all right, here's the national list. That's not Blaford. Biggest name on the list for Unbridled Eve Derby, Kayla Warren Moon.
Speaker 2: He's a quarter but bad. He's famous for pants down going Hey look over here. No, yeah, that's what he did.
Speaker 1: It was his last name.
Speaker 2: But it's also after he scored a touchdown, like threw his touchdown pass, he'd mooned the crowd.
Speaker 1: John Schneider, we interviewed him last week. I believe Dukes of Hazzard.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you might, Papa John? No, no, Okayter.
Speaker 1: Wonder somebody from The Bachelor.
Speaker 3: About it?
Speaker 2: Man, it's the star studied event.
Speaker 1: John Schneider and Warren Moon almighty.
Speaker 2: Wonder if one of music. I think this is what if a singer songwriter, writer Neil Medley would be available. He's doing the show at the bottom of the is he really? Yeah? And don't make any stupid vegetable Medley jokes. Now I'm the guy. I booked the guy. I don't want you to be embarrassed. Well you can take I wonder, all right, maybe do something with Neil because that's a double entendre.
Speaker 1: These Uh you can't believe obviously everything on Facebook and all this, but they're pushing nicotine. Have you seen this to where the health benefits of nicotine?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: Rick. Have you heard that? Are you on the book? Rick on the book? Facebook?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm on Facebook?
Speaker 2: Oh you are okay, correct, But you know what, I can't see.
Speaker 3: Any health benefits with nicotine.
Speaker 1: They're saying, because right, yeah, no, it's not a poison.
Speaker 2: Nicotine's a poison.
Speaker 1: No, it is not.
Speaker 2: Would you bet me fifty dollars?
Speaker 1: Why are you with the fifty bucks? That's two days in a row. I'm just saying, is Susan not giving you the money that she's supposed.
Speaker 5: To be giving you.
Speaker 2: I may or may not have agitated her and she took away my access to the question.
Speaker 1: They're saying. Cognitive benefits. They're saying nicotine actually was during the COVID era was was.
Speaker 2: I remember that the girl smoker?
Speaker 1: I remember saying that, because you're actually doing better.
Speaker 2: Listen. I was talking to somebody last night at the party and I said she was smoking a cigarette and I walked up and she says, it's buggy. I went, no, I purposely stand here because I miss cigarettes. I missing every day seven years. I miss it and no one ever And so during COVID when that came, when that came out, yeah, I tried to sell it to Susan. Maybe actually start smoking it? Right, No, you can exercise and do you.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're saying nicotine not in a cigarette form, but nicotine is an anti inflammatory fat burner helps you with your metabolic rate, prooxidive, oxidative for your body. Benefits of nicotine, Yes or no, says your brain works better. Maybe that's another pitch you need to make to her.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Uh, she wouldn't let me smoke it though.
Speaker 1: No, that's what these people aren't saying, that it's a supplement or something.
Speaker 2: Well, even dipping did something for me.
Speaker 1: It's the most addictive thing.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you. Man Slash was doing an interview from you know, Guns and Roses. Slash. He had quit heroin and cocaine, and like all these other dogs, they said, well, which drug was hard for you quit?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 2: Heroin? Was cocaine?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 2: He goes nicotine?
Speaker 1: Are you going to go to this event? They broad leave because I want.
Speaker 2: To see are you Are you under the impression that any of these events would ever invite the Wittings? They right to invite my wife, Like with No.
Speaker 1: Plus one, I'm trying to get somebody to get a picture with all these ethan the dolls.
Speaker 2: Oh like a Bengo card.
Speaker 1: Yes, Warren Moon, John Schneider from Dukes ah, what.
Speaker 2: Could we give like listeners if you're going to the unbrded event, like a bingo cart, like a prize.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, but Heaven Hill, that's a that's the biggest I think that's the largest distiller in Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Maybe held is Nicotina poison?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Yes? Nicotina's poisonous. Uh, even relatively small amounts can be deadly. What for Oh for children and children? Yeah, but also uh for an adults. A dots around fifty to sixty milligrams for an adult could be fatal. Imagine that. Maybe Susan, that's what she takes me out with. Well, he picked up a cart of Marlboroughs and now he's dead, your honor, This.
Speaker 1: May be the best news we hear all day. The end of the annoying influencer culture might be in sight. Damn might be in sight.
Speaker 2: Please. Huh. Every time we go on vacation, there's just twenty somethings taking pictures of their butts. Well, I'm just trying to enjoy my drink.
Speaker 1: That was the trip up to space with the five ladies.
Speaker 2: We had to show their butts in space.
Speaker 1: Authenticity is the deal. Now the younger set is saying they're kind of annoyed with these people, these influencers, and what they have. They figured out they're all lying, they're making all of this stuff up.
Speaker 2: Pastor Brad told me that years ago. He said, you think what you see on Facebook is real? Man, Pastor Brad, You think you gotta do what other peoples do on Facebook to be cool?
Speaker 1: Man? How many Untucket button downs do you think? Pastor Brad I would say he's at a Is that all he has in his closet?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Occasionally Pastor Bradd or were like the flannel to look more rugged, you know, say like if it's fall you know, and they're having the adventure Christian Huld the cook offf he once look rugged.
Speaker 3: Yeah, John forty, yeah right, yeah, that's all John Forwardy wears is a flannel.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So also in this influencer thing, are people that die while they're doing their selfies?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the uh they.
Speaker 1: Fall off cliff.
Speaker 2: Let me climb this building.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna walk over to this buffalo, get a picture with the buffalo.
Speaker 2: Those are funny, though, you don't get it.
Speaker 1: He got killed by the I don't realize how high they fight now so common sense, boneheaded things that these influencers do, and some of the younger set is saying, we're getting over Uh these influencers, plus they're figured out. Internet sluice have found a private jet studios where influencers pay sixty dollars to rent plane so they can pretend that they're traveling inside.
Speaker 2: They said, they just said in a for sixty bucks and a grounded plays for sixty bucks.
Speaker 1: That's actually really smart.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess you could put green screens on the windows and make it look like you're flying somewhere, and you add the noise and when you're doing your video. Uh.
Speaker 1: A singer blasted an influencer couple for trying to convince them to fly from London to Ibiza.
Speaker 2: Where's Ibiza?
Speaker 3: Never heard of that place?
Speaker 1: I have to play their wedding just for you all.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna look it up here and write a.
Speaker 1: Personalized song for them, visa and do a one hour set. I'd be but there would be no money. Oh, ib I z a is your guest? Want to answer? Do you know where I be?
Speaker 2: Mad?
Speaker 1: You have no idea?
Speaker 2: Oh for just to hear off information, you dumb asses? What you're so stupid. Do you honestly not know where it is? It's in the Mediterranean?
Speaker 1: I mean, thank you, thank you? Uh so there would be no money, said he'd pay for promo posts and social media fluence. Isn't that the same thing as a bar saying did you play Thursday night? You'll get good exposure. I can't pay you, but.
Speaker 2: You can't pay you exposure. They try to do that with us. Who being you? Sometimes instead of a gig boy used to how do you get exposure for the state?
Speaker 1: Exposure? No, I don't think I don't think so at all.
Speaker 2: I've been exposed enough. All right, do you want to hear some of some random facts? Are pretty?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Pretty cool?
Speaker 1: I like random?
Speaker 2: Hey, no, Medley, you like random facts?
Speaker 3: I do like random.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do some of the bottom of the hour too.
Speaker 1: By the way, I like the hack he's wearing already. He's getting points already. United States versus Bruce Remember.
Speaker 2: One time It's gonna be a shoo fever it.
Speaker 4: Um.
Speaker 2: Rainbows can appear at night. They're called moonbos or lunar rainbows. They occur when the moonlight reflects off water droplets in the air.
Speaker 1: I knew that I've never everybody knows moonbos.
Speaker 2: I've never seen. Okay, here's one you don't know.
Speaker 1: I bet you I know it.
Speaker 2: Okay, go with it. You ready, Dude? Where is a shrimp's heart located?
Speaker 1: It's in its brain.
Speaker 2: Damn it. Let me give you a Jack Bauer.
Speaker 1: Dammit. Next, that's two tozer.
Speaker 2: Next. Next. Yeah, the shrimp's heart is located in his head. Yes, it sits next to the thorax. It's protected by exoskeleton.
Speaker 1: Give me another one, bro.
Speaker 2: Ors Rick would say, that's protecting.
Speaker 1: Give me another one.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: We got three minutes to Here we.
Speaker 2: Go, Here we go. The inventor of the microwave was inspired by a melting candy bar. Per She Spencer noticed the chocolate bar in his pocket started to melt when he was working near a magnetron, leading to the invention. Magnetron sounds like something would take on Godzilla, right, magnetron.
Speaker 1: People have no idea. The microwave freaked us all out. I thought it was a time mean, you put the you put the cup of water in there, You put it on for one minute and he heats it with just waves. Freaks people out.
Speaker 2: I remember Dad warming up a cup of coffee. It was cold. He put it in there. I thought it was a time machine.
Speaker 1: I had one of those annoying mothers that were like, no, no, no microwaves in our house.
Speaker 2: What kind of witchcraft?
Speaker 1: Cancer? Don't stand next to the microwave. Don't stand next to the microwave.
Speaker 3: Remember how expensive they were came It was like six hundred bucks for a microwave.
Speaker 2: Remember you get ahead, just look through the thing and watch the macaroni and cheese cook. And all your eyes were getting radiated, remember that part.
Speaker 1: And nothing hurt worse than that permanent burn scar on your lip because you were drunk and you heated that one myself too long, Oh right, and you went right at it and for days, just that giant thing on your lip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 1: Give me one more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what this thing on my lip is.
Speaker 1: Give me one more because I'm three and o God give you two more?
Speaker 4: Go? Uh?
Speaker 2: Okay. Ketchup was once seld as.
Speaker 1: Medicine damn it.
Speaker 2: In eighteen thirties. It was marketed for the cure for indigestion by Ohio physician named John Cook Bennett.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean his last name was in Hines.
Speaker 1: No that's who just stole the formula. Okay, all right here, okay, wrap it up.
Speaker 2: How many bones do octop pusses? Octopi? How many bones does an octopus have?
Speaker 5: Zero?
Speaker 1: Damn it? Yeah, they have a beak, but that's it, all right?
Speaker 2: Damn it?
Speaker 3: Like six?
Speaker 1: And oh on that one?
Speaker 2: Did you look at my notes?
Speaker 1: No, dude, these are easy. Everyone knows this stuff.
Speaker 2: Hang on, let me try this one. Hey, no Medley. How many bones does an octopus have? I'm gonna say zero? Damn it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Barono's Pizza First, Baranos Pizzas Louisville stop pizza. The pizza in the constant League is back to the Louisville, Southern Indiana the surrounding areas. But if you don't white pizza, they got all kinds of stuff for you. Pastas, salad, sandwiches, wings, and more. When's the last time you took the family to the neighborhood? Baranols Pizza. Everyone is unique in itself. Dine in or carry out or a delivery. Yeah, it's that good. Barano's Pizza.
Speaker 1: Unlimited Landscapes. Go to Unlimited Landscapes if you're looking at a pool. He just sent me a picture of one that they're building right now. I've known the owner of Unlimited Landscapes for forty years. I've known himself as a teenager, so you can trust him. He's awesome and they have the best architects and designer. If you look into your backyard and go, I don't know if he could put his pool back there, Yes you can. So let's get the process started. And if you end up doing it, they're gonna throw in an eighteen hundred dollars cleaning robot actually speaks.
Speaker 2: To you and.
Speaker 1: Makes you feel better about yourself and clean crazy Unlimited Landscapes dot Com.
Speaker 3: Go there.
Speaker 1: Now, let's get this process started, all right. We are what what's our record for reeling in the years. We're doing two and two. We'll figure it out. Back after this news radio eight forty w h A s all right, we're back. Sorry, I'm meeting Easter Candy already. They have these little Rechi cups with the eminem's tiny em and ms in the bottom of them.
Speaker 3: Or are those the back of the breakthrough?
Speaker 1: So good? Now brought him from home, stole from okay there, all right, it's reeling in the years. Our guest is gonna participate.
Speaker 2: Singer songwriter Neil Medley just wrote a actually a new single for Luke Bryant that's out and.
Speaker 1: We're gonna hear here.
Speaker 2: We're gonna hear the rich verse.
Speaker 1: So I'm not sure if he understands the rules. Rick is going to play a bunch of songs that charted this this week in a certain year. We have to guess the year, Rick, What ye are we doing this today?
Speaker 3: I thought I'd be easy on you guys.
Speaker 2: Probably we got it yesterday. Okay, we got it yesterday?
Speaker 1: Was it seventy four? Yesterday? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, we lost. I wanted to go seventy four and yeah, yeah, you were in the ballpark, all right, Rick, let's rock.
Speaker 3: Here we go. Song number one?
Speaker 2: Hell is this? This is?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: What's your face? The Titanic? Celine Dion right?
Speaker 3: The Power of Love?
Speaker 1: It's called okay, so there's power. She's got stiff person's disease, that's the name of it.
Speaker 2: I woke up with that this morning, but took care of it in the shower.
Speaker 1: What she suffers from that? In your marketing?
Speaker 2: I was suffering to a mocker warm water. Maybe she should try warm water and soap.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: When she wakes up, her sister has to It's like a movie. Her sister has to twirl the blinds to a certain at a certain speed, and the light comes to shine on her face. You think, here's the here's the hook. I think nough.
Speaker 2: Do you think they ever put her, since she's got stiff person disease, put her between two chairs and use her like an ironing.
Speaker 1: Board, like a hobby horse, Like, all right, I'm gonna get ninety no clue, I have no idea. I'm gonna say ninety.
Speaker 4: Six, Madley, I'm gonna say ninety three.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like it. Okay, that's okay. Here comes to the Titanic was ninety Here we go.
Speaker 2: Ninety seven? I saw? Is that what this is?
Speaker 1: This is okay? He's right, this is a ninety three ninety two. Maybe this is as of bass, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: It's ninety four or five. It's four or five. I sider than that. No it's not earlier. No, no, no, it's not. See we're writing a song to Medley, right, that's like it's tough. Don't rip this one off, man, don't man?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm still lost here Okay, I got two more for you. It's four or five.
Speaker 4: So all these are in the same yeah, same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same yory.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the next song.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, this is boised de Man, right, no, all for one, all for one? Yeah, boised de Men.
Speaker 2: They toured with one for all.
Speaker 1: This is your kind of music. Don't you listen to this? You used to listen to this.
Speaker 2: I didn't listen for no. This was I'll listen to this is boy man stuff. I never listen to boy band stuff.
Speaker 4: Man hailing the boy band.
Speaker 1: You gonna seem a little nervous and stammering there when I asked you if you listen to this stuff.
Speaker 2: Now because this boy band and listen to boy band music.
Speaker 1: I want to say ninety it's four or five. I'm gonna say ninety five. I'm at ninety five now, all right, you got one more for us?
Speaker 3: One more now? This was the number one song on this day in the year in question. Here it is.
Speaker 2: But my Body Bump and Grind. We're at ninety six, We're at ninety six.
Speaker 1: It's r Kelly, nice song bouncing out the speakers of year. Crappy Cutlass Supreme.
Speaker 4: Too Soon, I guess it's.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety six waus In.
Speaker 1: I'm confident Night wants the ball clear of the lane going to the Rigey six R.
Speaker 3: Kelly, is that your final answer?
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: Nineteen ninety four?
Speaker 1: Ninety What happened?
Speaker 3: Medley?
Speaker 1: Ninety six?
Speaker 2: I wanted to go ninety four and THENI Medley said that's a lot. No he did, he said.
Speaker 1: The whole time I said, listen now was the.
Speaker 2: DJ goes, I'm a secret songwriter. So what why do you screwed? You screwed the pooch ten.
Speaker 1: Dollar we have I got it bargain supply, Bargain Supply, East Jefferson Street. I'm gonna pop by there this weekend and pick up some stuff because it's time to do the spring stuff outside. But we have already ordered all of our appliances for our remodel at the house. We got all the appliances. It's crazy, top to bottom, and they did great for us. I took the boss. The boss asked all these questions. They had all the answers you wouldn't believe, like I just like I like that one, let's put that one in there. But they have all these great questions, like is this going to be flushed to the wall? Or how high is this?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: And they ask all the right questions and the manufacturers are important. So the stove is a four to oh. I think we got a profile for refrigerator. It's all gonna be great stuff. Why Bargain Supply East Jefferson Street. They're part of a huge conglomerate and that's why the prices are low. And they have the scratching dent stuff, which is if it comes off the truck it's brand new, it gets a scratch on it. You save hundreds of dollars. I love Bargain Supply. Go in and say the ladies that when you walk in, the ladies are up front. You say hi because it's the same ladies every single year and every single day. And they're the best bargain supply East Jefferson Street their own parking lot. Back after this on news Radio eight forty, whitch is.
Speaker 2: That's the number one Jaco and hit made for you? The guy that wrote us right next to me, Neil Medley, Hey Neil, how are you doing man? Great Dwight? How are you looking good? Of Meg? Listen when you write a song for Jaco on this particular song. Do you have him in mind? Do they say, hey, we need a song. Do you cut a demo?
Speaker 4: Guy?
Speaker 2: What was the story behind this? How'd you get it in front of him?
Speaker 4: That particular song? Normally we do kind of cast for people. That one was just in the writing room write the best song kind of day, Benji Davis when my co writers had that idea and I was like, made for you. Wow, that's groundbreaking.
Speaker 2: And then he goes, no, listen, listen here.
Speaker 5: He goes, what if it's this?
Speaker 4: He goes, you know, water towers are made for spray paint, names, leaves are made for falling in, and I was made for you.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's a good app Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we wrote about ten verses oh really, and we kind of pieced together what we thought went together chronologically and for the main like series of life, you know, childhood, adolescents, adulthood. And we put down a work tape, did a cheap demo. It was pretty basic guitar vocal. Our publisher sent it straight to Jake. No one else heard it. He put it on hold, started playing it out the next weekend. Wow, and uh cut it maybe a few months later for his record, and uh put in on that record and we were like the fifth single right before COVID.
Speaker 1: Will you Neil? So where you live?
Speaker 4: I'm in Franklin.
Speaker 1: So who do you work for?
Speaker 4: I work for Sony?
Speaker 1: You work for Sony?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a writer for Sony and river House.
Speaker 1: Uh so they pay you.
Speaker 4: They give me a draw and basically I pay myself.
Speaker 1: Okaya, Oh, I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: They give they give me an advance and they recoup off that advance.
Speaker 1: Okay, but we all do you know this right? The money they always say the money is into the writer. It's not that publishing right, So do you get a bite of that or are you an employee of Sony?
Speaker 4: I'm asking for just you know now it always works. I don't have insurance or anything. I'm just independent.
Speaker 2: Contract got you, Yeah, but you get the publishing rights the writer Jacobs gets this number one. Then you get a cut out every every time it's spun on the radio. The whole thing, the whole deal. But then you look at other songwriting deals. For example, probably the worst one in history, Willie Nelson comes up with Crazy. He sells it to Patsy Cline for fifty dollars. That's it got nothing out of the song. So but anyway you write this song, it becomes the number one. By the way, you also kid Rock Miranda Lambert. The new one is for Luke Bryan and I want to actually.
Speaker 1: Hear we have that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you know what can you can you play it live for us? So you got a new.
Speaker 1: Writer and singer singer songwriter.
Speaker 2: So how what's the story behind the Luke Bryan single.
Speaker 4: Well, I wrote it with Ryan Beaver and Dan Alley too, of my best buds in town, and we were writing one day and we always have this guy we call him Darryl, the guy that goes to the bar and kind of just hangs out longer, yeah, or Derail de Rail, So we always he come. He gives us a lot inspiration. It's the guy you see at the bar that's hitting on the girl or whatever. So this song was about Daryl went to the bar, like he didn't want to go to the bar, but he pulled in and then a country song came on and he was like there all night, so he was going to get a good night's sleep.
Speaker 2: Why does this sound familiar.
Speaker 1: Because it's you that's awesome. I loved the process. It kills me. I did that how you get you had? You started here to get to there? It's interesting. Yeah, and it's obviously not like the way all the time, so you know, it's every time is different.
Speaker 4: And I write with different people every day, different artists. Most most of the time, I'm with an artist and I'm trying to write their story. And then a few years ago, I had all these songs that were more personal to me, and I put them out for my record. So there's a record out there. If you want to hear my voice with my songs, there's one. It's called South End Kid. Yeah, Southside grew up in Valley State, right, I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we want to hear a song. Yeah, let's don't want to run out of time. We got about six or seven minutes. I want to make sure we got a song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go ahead and get a song.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, It's floor is yours. I'll control the mic and get it, try.
Speaker 2: To get it all right? Well this yeah, yeah, once.
Speaker 1: You start and I'm gonna come over there.
Speaker 4: I want to take these head phones off here. This one's the new Luke Bryan Singles on the radio. It should be in the twenties right now. Hopefully we can get it up to number one. It's called a country song came on another long, hard working deck. Gone time to pack it up and hit on home songs going to rise, and I know I've got to do it all over again. There's just too wist through this town. I don't ever take to you the world well around.
Speaker 5: I see the lights.
Speaker 2: I slowed down.
Speaker 5: It's like they.
Speaker 2: Pulled me in.
Speaker 4: I was gonna drive by. I wasn't gonna stop them. Old truck found the front roof spy, was gonna stop. Pin Buddy, wasn't gonna stay. Then I heard a barstool.
Speaker 5: Call him my name.
Speaker 2: Wasn't gonna let the bar.
Speaker 4: Twist my arm, but I'm helpless in a honkey talk said I wasn't gonna drink. And then a country song came on. Yeah, I was one boot out of the door. The band kicked in two three for blame it on, etc. Kept that knee on burning on me. I was gonna drive by, wasn't gonna stop them. Old truck found the front roof spoe was gonna stop. Pin Buddy, wouldn't gonna stay. Then I heard a barstool call him my name wasn't gonna let the bye twist my arm, but them helpless in a honky it Tom said old woodn't gonna dream.
Speaker 5: Then a country song came on, sing along, if you know now.
Speaker 2: All you got this?
Speaker 4: Sing?
Speaker 5: Country song came on, I was gonna get it good Night's sleeve.
Speaker 4: And then a country song came on, say if it for the end of the week, And then a country song came on.
Speaker 2: I was gonna drive by.
Speaker 4: I wasn't gonna stop the more truck found the front Roofspy was gonna stop Ben, but I wasn't gonna stay. Then I heard a no flame call him. My name wasn't gonna let the bar twist my arm, but them helpless in a honky it TOMPs it, I wouldn't go on a dream?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: And then a conscious song came on. I wouldn't go on a dream, And then a conscious song came on.
Speaker 2: That's right, I love the etc. Reference. That's old Thomas Conley, Right, Yes it is. I'm not that baby. Yeah, let's talk about I want to talk about where you're going to be, but I want to talk talk about a song that you did called Damn Good Friends. Yes, you write this song, Damn Good Friends, you feel great about it. You tell your wife said, look, this is the next number one. This is gonna put us over the top. What's what happened? All right?
Speaker 4: So I played her to the song after I wrote it. I said, I swear this is this is it, baby, And I played it for and she gave me nothing. And I was like, oh my god, she hates this song. And I said, well, what'd you think. She goes, I don't like it at all. Oh, that is the most threadneck song I think I ever heard.
Speaker 5: So I was like, I was a little offended.
Speaker 4: She tells them it is and uh so I was like, oh, yeah, well it's gonna get cut and like a month I was wrong. It was cut in like three weeks by Jason Alding and Tyler Farr and I told her, yeah.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be a huge hit and it wasn't.
Speaker 4: However, some guys named the Wolf Brothers founded in Australia, and the hook is uh, damn good Friends. Uh. They changed it to Damn Good Mates, so it's out there.
Speaker 5: It was a huge number one.
Speaker 2: Do you still get publishing in Australia. Okay, well good enough, man, but you know you probably got a bloome it on you. Now that let's talk about an evening of stories and songs. When and where and how do people attend this? Because uh tell us about the event.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm bringing three of my friends. One of them is from Hazard, Kentucky. Okay, next Saturday, the twenty six at seven pm. I know we're up against Brooks and Dunn. That's why I'm here. So there, they got enough hits, they sold enough tickets. Yeah, but this is for the Clifton School of Holy Trinity.
Speaker 2: Okay. Oh yeah, it's our school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we started I'm a part of Holy Trinity.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we started that a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: Yes, so this is our second year in a row. Okay, and uh and we donate part of the proceeds to them. Last year we helped build their new playground. And uh so it's uh four of us. We were telling these stories about why we wrote these songs. And I'll probably come out play a little Kentucky medley before we get started, and we're gonna have drinks. We're gonna it's gonna be a great time.
Speaker 1: This is that Clifton, right, Yes, okay, yeah, they just we just we did the stage. Oh great, yeah, yeah, the floor and all that. I think it's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be kind of like v H one Storytellers. We kind of talk about the song and then you go into it.
Speaker 4: If you've ever been to the Bluebird in Nashville, yeah, yeah. We set up every song. And these guys have written songs for like Blake Shelton, Warren Zeider's. They've got some big hits and uh, we're just gonna sit there and set them up. Awesome and we're gonna have fun. It starts at seven. Uh. If you go to Neil Medley dot com that's spelled the right way an e I L Medley me d l e y Uh, there's a link for tickets. I'll send you a QR code.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I almost call you a bad word on the air. I can't use. Hey, listen, I brought in some songs that I wrote. Oh great about my thoughts and feelings to those, so this these are on my thoughts.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on your success. This isn't an easy job and to be able to you know, navigate the the artists and in the in the record companies, and how's it selling, and how they the platforms to get these things to the people as changes every twenty four hours, so I understand. But a good song is a good song. Yeah, and it'll find it way somewhere. So whether today or ten years from now, absolutely, so. I appreciate you coming in. And I love that you're doing the Holy Journey Clifton School, that's our school.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's that is awesome. We're gonna we're gonna push that for you.
Speaker 4: Hit the website one more time. It's Neilmedley dot com, an ei L dot com.
Speaker 2: Shady Raise, Shady Raise Baby. You'll love your Shady rays. And you're gonna love Color Rush. If you haven't tried on the Color Rush, go by the Oxmore Center. They're gonna make every color just so much more bright and vibrant. Maybe you're a University of Littleville fighting Cardinal fan. They got you covered with U of L glasses. Kentucky fan, they got those two. How about the golfer in your life, Let's get them some green Wolf serious glasses. Those are specifically designed for golfing. But here's the best part. Loved ones. If you'll lose them, if you break them, if you scratch them, if singer songwriter Neil Medley steals them from you, they'll replace some shady raise The Ocxymore center online is shady rays dot com.
Speaker 1: Back after this on NewsRadio eight forty w h A s