Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped, you need.
Speaker 2: Advice so you don't have a.
Speaker 1: Running just as sass as we can. Shooter's gonna help me.
Speaker 3: Come man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No, Tom Martine, Hi Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. Here to help you. We're solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, making your life just a little easier. Just give us a call and we will be there for you. Welcome. Stephanie, you're looking good. And we have Mark Deputy Dollar, I mean Deputy Doc. And then also I didn't mean to insult Deputy Dollar. And then we have Frank Duran the real estateman dot com and Stephaniere dot com. Hey, what's new. Let's get to that and then go to the phones. Today's real estate day. A lot happening in real estate, guys. Let me know what's happening, like everything like the supplying demand, movement, average time, availability, inventory, blah blah blah. Let's start with Stephanie for the pipe's peak area.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tom, he've got kind of the same thing that we were chatting about a few weeks ago last time we were in studio. We're definitely seeing some longer days on market. However, we've had I think a little bit of life kind of come back to our market. When the FED announced they were decreasing rates. I think that was some positive noise in the media. And of course anytime we see rates come down, that's going to be a benefit to your buyers, which ultimately brings more buyers back to the market. So, still seeing pretty good days on market out in the Colorado Springs area, but I am starting to see some life. How about inventory, more or less, we've had more inventory than we've had in past years, but we are still historically low.
Speaker 2: Average days on market.
Speaker 4: You know, last I was looking, we were still seeing over sixty. Just it's really dependent on the areas though.
Speaker 2: Frank Duran, the real estate man, what do you think.
Speaker 5: Hey, Tom, You know it's all price point to price point, area to area. I think the toughest market segment I've been seeing is the condo market with increased hoafees and insurance getting tough, and of course i'm listening with right now where there's a pending lawsuit, so the hoafees are a bit up. Overall, the single family market's been pretty good. Overall, we're getting amoved and the recent d MAR report said that we had fifty point eighty five percent more inventory month end for single family homes. That's right around seventy five hundred more homes on the market that hit. But now with the rates a bit lower, I think that's encouraging more.
Speaker 2: Buyers to All right, I want to mention something mortgage rates. I saw a stat gathered by wallet hub the highest rates in the country for changes, not the actual right, but the well actually it is the actual rate. The actual rate the highest in the country Colorado, highest rate of what.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, mortgages. How's that possible? Why would we be different?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Listen to this the change in average mortgage rates from quarter to quarter. From quarter one to quarter two. In Colorado, the change was an increase of four point eight eight percent. In Missouri it was a change of three point one two Now I find that hard to believe because in the first quarter rates were not that low. No, no, I don't find but I'm coming wrong. Rate Wait, look this up wallehub dot com. And this is look because here's what it says. It says the average mortgage rate in quarter two right now, in Colorado's five point seven to one. Now, obviously that's in quarter two. Now here's the deal. That's not the highest in the country. But according to this, it says the change in average more. Oh oh, oh, I know what they're saying. The average rate used to be four point eight eight and now is five point seven to one. I don't know, and it read this. I'm trying to interpret this, but the bottom line is this, Colorado's rates are increasing faster than other parts of the country. That's what they're saying. That's basically what they're saying.
Speaker 6: Well, maybe that means people are refining out of those two and three percent mortgage rates now into higher ones, and it's that's why there's no way our mortgage rates are thirty or sixth rate is going to be that much higher or lower than any other state.
Speaker 2: No, no, No, our average rates five point seven one. You're right, Missouri six point three, Louisiana six point eight.
Speaker 6: I have, but that's not when you go to buy a new house. There's no way it would differ that much.
Speaker 2: It does right now right now in Colorado is five point seven.
Speaker 6: Are you sure it's not saying the average person right now that has a mortgage in Colorado if you put them all together and pull it and mediate it or put an average on it is five point Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The average mortgage rate right now in Colorado. Yes, your average is five point seven to one, right, The average mortgage rate for people with mortgages.
Speaker 5: Well, guys, I can tell you this. I talked to my lenders quite a bit, and the conventional has been in the low sixes fahas and the fives comfortably in the fives fhava.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Mark's right, Mark, it's it's all mortgage is considered. The average is five point seven to one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And that's because a lot of people now had to either squeeze money out of their house to pay credit card debt or move because they're having another kid. And then when the new mortgage came in, it ticks that number up. A lot of people are getting off those old three percents because they have to now.
Speaker 2: By the way, it was so it is the average change was four point eight percent from quarter one to quarter two. So the the average rates went up four point eight percent, meaning not the average rates, but the average among people. The aggregate average among people went up, and it went up four point eight percent. And that's because what Mark, what you just said, a lot of people are dumping or selling and moving and then the new people are getting higher rates. So go ahead, Frank, what were so continue with what you were saying. Oh, that's pretty much it. Tom, I talked to my lenders.
Speaker 5: Rates went up just a little bit, but overall they've been much better than what we saw, especially other course last October, Tom, you remember we were kissing eight percent, So this is definitely a big difference. And honestly, ever since the fifty bases points, we've been seeing improvement in the market.
Speaker 2: All right, now we'll check back with real estate Chris though he has a question on a trade for a car for his son. Let's talk. What's going on, Chris? How can we help you?
Speaker 8: Hey? Tom, I appreciate you guys talking to me in Georgia show over the year. Thank you man helped me in the past, So thank you. Maybe you could give me some advice here.
Speaker 2: All right, what's going on? Hello, Yeah, I'm here. What's going on?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, very good. Yeah. So yeah, unfortunately last week my wife, my son's wife died unexpectedly.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: And yeah, it's.
Speaker 8: Sort of a sad thing for the family, might imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I imagine.
Speaker 8: And you know, it's a big emotional thing for him. And I'm trying to help him out on some other things. One is financial, Yeah, and they have a vehicle that they were actually he was looking to purchase another vehicle for his work or work vehicle. And you know, obviously his wife is part of their income and the family. Now that's changed, and he has a vehicle that he's wanting to sell. I think he's upside down in it, and I'm trying to help him figure out how the best way to get rid.
Speaker 2: Of that he needs to sell. Is this the Toyota four Runner he needs to sell?
Speaker 8: Yes, that's the one, yep, okay, And so we're looking to sell that, but try to get him into it.
Speaker 2: How side down is he? How much negative equity?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm thinking, you know, he owes twenty seven on a nineteen twenty?
Speaker 2: How many miles on it?
Speaker 7: Room?
Speaker 2: How many miles on it? First?
Speaker 8: One hundred and twenty?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and he owes twenty seven? What is the vehicle again?
Speaker 8: A twenty sixteen?
Speaker 2: So you're looking it up, Mark, Yeah, good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm thinking they're twenty three, twenty four. You know you so.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he can't sell it if he's upside down unless he makes up the difference.
Speaker 8: That's right, Yeah, is going to make up now. I can obviously help him make up some of the difference, but yeah, I didn't know if there's a way of doing this, so he could, you know, get into him summer monthly gams.
Speaker 2: What other car does he have?
Speaker 8: He has a that's one of reason why he's trying to He has another truck for work, and.
Speaker 2: He wants to keep that truck, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that other truck is not it's probably worth you know, one thousand bucks.
Speaker 2: You know, it's okay, so he needs another What you're saying is he needs to get rid of the toy too Ota four Runner and get another vehicle. Yep, okay, Well obviously obviously he shouldn't even bother trading it because the negative equity goes into the next car, and he's upside down in that car even more, because cars, no matter what, when you finance him, unless you put a hefty amount down, you're going to end up upside down. And if you, on top of it, put a negative equity snowball on it, it's just it's going to be a road to nowhere my recommendation.
Speaker 8: I think that's what happened with this. This is a they got this vehicle about two years ago.
Speaker 2: It happens to most young people. Young people start out buying too high. Then they get rid of it before it's paid off. The negative equity goes into the next vehicle. Then the negative equity goes into the next vehicle, and it gets bigger and bigger. It's called the negative equity snowball. It's the number one reason kids end up in bankruptcy, in addition to credit cards. Vehicles, vehicles. So here's the deal man, There is no magic. He's got to get rid of it, pay it off, and then just go out and buy another one. And and maybe if he doesn't drive that much, one of the things he could do is actually he could lease one. It sounds like he needs it for work, though, man, is it for work?
Speaker 8: Yep?
Speaker 2: And does he put a lot of miles on it?
Speaker 8: No, he doesn't put a lot of miles, but he tows a few things, you know, generators here and there.
Speaker 2: So he may not be a good least candidate. But how much how much should you say Yoda on it seven.
Speaker 6: He should be able to sell it roughly about that should he break even mark if he sells it himself, he's not going to get it on the trade in and if it's in you know, decent condition. But the other thing is he might have a heck of a time selling it when he doesn't have the title in hand.
Speaker 8: So yeah, we oh, I said what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but we can work that out that we can work that out with an intermediary. But the problem is this, Okay, like like you could go to Jeff R. Cars and Rodney could could help pay that off, take it in trade, but not you know, you don't get any equity, but he takes it and then you pay it off and then you get another vehicle, and he can get any make or model he can lease. He can help you buy newer use. But listen carefully, Chris, you got to help him ounta in this second vehicle. Man, I'm telling you it sounds like he doesn't make wise choices.
Speaker 8: Well, you know he's young, yeah so so and so here's the I agree.
Speaker 2: How old is how old?
Speaker 8: You know he's thirty yep, Okay, so he's you know, he just recently got out of school.
Speaker 2: So he's Chris, may I ask what happened with his wife?
Speaker 8: Boy? You know, not getting in too many details. You know, bipolar, mental else issues can be problematic to people.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, listen, ye Chris, why don't you call Rodney over at JFR Cars just for the heck of it. But but listen.
Speaker 8: JFR Cars, Yeah, and talk to Rodney.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to get rid of that and make up the no.
Speaker 8: I understand. So you're saying it's better for him to I mean, I'll talk to JFR Cars, but he needs to sell it personally. But it may be difficult because he doesn't have the title.
Speaker 2: Right, that's right, right, But see what JFAR Cars can do.
Speaker 6: But they're gonna there. It's gonna cost you a few grand man. What do you mean by that market Well, I mean if they do it, if if they do it like on consignment, well, either consignment or if they literally just buy it and sell it. I'm saying he's probably going to save a couple grands selling it to himself.
Speaker 2: That's just a difference between wholesale and retail. How but if you don't know how to do it, the strategic moves. We're selling a car, what you would have to do is you'd have to go to the place an office where it's financed. If it's if they have a local office with a cashier's I mean a real check or a wire with the buyer, they get the title. It's very complicated. When you're not a dealer, it is very complicated. But that's why I said, Jeff our cars. If they do a consignment, they can handle all that. Yeah, it might cost you, but you got to weigh the costs. Look and just call him. He might say, Look, if you find a buyer, we'll just charge you a transaction fee. He's done that in the past. But at least start with him because we trust him. He's honest. All of you on the phone, I'm going to get right to you, I promise three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Waterpros has the most fantastic deal in the world for a water system thirty one ninety five both whole house conditioning and triple filter reverse Osmosi's drinking water. You don't get better, you don't get a lower price ever, thirty one ninety five. While supplies last plumbers would charge fifteen grand or more for the same system. That's three O three eighty six two five ' five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three hey nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three h three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Okay, let's go to the phones here and let's see. Okay, Joe, Joe, what's going on with you? Welcome?
Speaker 9: Hi there? Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yes? I Ken, Joe, what's happening?
Speaker 9: Okay? So I live in Lovelin. We purchased our home in ninety seven and been here twenty five years, in this house almost twenty six and in twenty twenty late twenty twenty, the lot in front of us was vacant and uh, people bought it and they built a house.
Speaker 2: Well when did they build it?
Speaker 9: When did they build it? Yeah, they built it through twenty twenty, moved in the very end, so in twenty one they basically moved in. It's a custom home or is a custom home?
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 10: So when they.
Speaker 9: Built, they put a retaining We basically look out our front door at their house now used to be just open like a ridge. And they built a retaining wall in between our property and their property when they were building, which I went out and talked to the builder while they were doing it. I talked to the city and they weren't. That was never on their plans. I said, you know, we're going to get water damage from this.
Speaker 2: You put hold on a second, hold on a second. The retaining wall that they built. They're not allowed to put up a retaining wall in normal municipalities when they're building, unless it is part of the plan or part of the lot, or part of the overall drainage or whatever. So how did they just went ahead and did it on their own and the city did not say cease and desist? Which city is correct.
Speaker 9: City of Loveland, Okay, believe me, you're.
Speaker 10: Preaching to the choir here.
Speaker 9: I've been fighting.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, what does Lovelin say about that? Are they saying it's wrong?
Speaker 9: We met with a city engineer and this was last year, because we've been flooded five times now and.
Speaker 2: It's only since then.
Speaker 9: Since they put, yeah, put the retaining wall and they built their house. Because they've built their house and brought dirt in.
Speaker 2: So they I get it. I get it. Look at that. Why did they the retaining wall? Where is it retaining too much water now on your end where it used to just flow down exactly? Well, why didn't they when they did the retaining wall, Why didn't they put in a drain so the water that accumulates goes down behind the wall and out to the street or something.
Speaker 9: So they put in this drain. It's at the bottom of this retaining wall. And when they were putting that in, I said, that's not going to work. And it basically goes under the water doesn't even flow into it. It goes underneath the ground. It's just like a plastic tube.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a racking. Now where does it stand today? This is wrong. Obviously. Where does it stand today today?
Speaker 9: It stands that we hired an attorney last year, they've got an attorney, and we've been fighting this thing obviously, So now they're going to bring in an engineer.
Speaker 2: Are you suing them?
Speaker 9: We are suing them. But here's the problem.
Speaker 2: So did you let me ask first, did you file a lawsuit?
Speaker 9: Well, no, because we have an attorney and they're fighting each other.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, but make sure your attorney keeps an eye on the statute of limitations from the time of discovery.
Speaker 9: Okay, it's been the year in August since we hired an attorney.
Speaker 2: No, not since you hired an attorney, since you discovered it the water damage. Yes, when did you first know you had a problem?
Speaker 9: Oh, when they were built the wall, But we didn't get flooded.
Speaker 2: Into when did they Okay, when did you get flooded?
Speaker 9: June of twenty three was our first flood.
Speaker 2: Wait, when did they build the wall.
Speaker 9: In twenty twenty when they were building the house?
Speaker 2: Well, what I find out is it took three years. Why did it take three years.
Speaker 9: Because they weren't full I mean, they weren't moved in and then in twenty one had a really dry season.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, Joe, please do do me a favor and you can continue your story and we'll try to help. Tell your attorney to please please keep an eye on the statute of limitations because it's when you discovered or should have discovered the problem, and you only have three years after that, so you better really, really really know when you should have discovered it. Okay, seriously, because in some cases you have an obligation to hire an engineer to see if you're going to have a problem if you sensed it and it tells and you even said, by your own words, you went out there and said this is not going to work, which says that you kind of knew. So I think I hope to God your attorney is smart, okay, because you have a problem of discovery and the statute of limitations it's going to be twenty twenty five, okay, and I'm serious that that's five years. So please have your attorney because otherwise you have nothing. You have nothing, and it could be why they're stalling. Now keep going. What's happening?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 9: So we got flooded three times last year and then flooded again this year in August. Okay, our attorney has sent in all this paperwork to them. We're getting nowhere. They finally came to an agreement that they want to have their the engineering company come out and shoot the property, and then their construction company will tentatively agree to build a structure for no charge to us, provided it is an unexpectedly large or complicated I'm like.
Speaker 2: That's great, okay, Joe, Joe, your attorney, how did you pick them from a cracker jack box or what? How did you pick them?
Speaker 9: I called around and called and called, and I just could not find anybody that would deal with water in this kind of real estate water damage in that They're a pretty large company in northern Colorado, and I just feel like they just keep pushing us under the rug and we're paying. We're alm with that ten grand and attorney fees.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, you really have a problem, Joe, You have a problem. Okay, you might have to hire I'm telling you right now you should have filed the lawsuit to keep your claim alive. You have a real problem. Okay, Now, I hope you I've never ever said to anyone, including your attorney, that you knew it was going to be a problem from the beginning. Did you ever say that? Do they? Does the other side know that?
Speaker 9: Not that I know of, because I don't think that.
Speaker 2: I mean, you said you went over there and said this is not going to work. Who'd you say that to the.
Speaker 9: Builder? I didn't say anything about floody, and I go, you can't put up We're going to retain a wall in somebody's front yard.
Speaker 2: Listen, that's discovery of a problem. I'm not talking about damage. I'm talking about disputing. Look it. I'm not an attorney, but I'm going to tell you need an attorney, and you need to get rid of the one you have, and you need a full accounting. I don't know why you're at ten grand right now, but I don't trust what you have or who you have. So what were you hoping to get from us? Information on what.
Speaker 9: Well I've been. I've done all the paperwork, I've done all the trying to figure out who to go to, and our attorney just sits there and keep sending us emails. Well they, I mean, they want to meet with the engineer next week and shoot the great or the grade. And I'm like, we're not going to be in town. We need to do it when we're here. And they're like, oh, no, you can have a friend or somebody. I'm like, I'm not comfortable with that. We're trying to recoup our damages.
Speaker 2: Don't you don't need to be there. That's ridiculous. You don't know what you're doing. You don't need to be there. You need to have a representative there, like an engineer or something, right, which we'll hire an engineer.
Speaker 9: We hired an engineer last summer and he wrote up what he thought the problem was in the fix and we paid him. Still haven't gotten anywhere. Our attorney just keeps dragging a seat, and Joe, we're getting there.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you were hoping from us, but you're telling Everything you're telling me points to your attorney being a bimbo or a moron. No, I don't want to insult my YouTube morons. You're er and he's an idiot. And your engineer told you what needs to be done. Have that engineer there when they start measuring. Don't delay and file a lawsuit to keep your claim alive. Now, now, listen, I don't know what else you wanted to hear from us, but it's got to hold it through the break. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Back to the phones. Now, let's see what is going on? Okay, Joe. Other than a recommendation for a new attorney or an engineer, what do you need from us? Now? I love helping, but I'm not sure what we can do in this case, especially because the clock is ticking. So help me out.
Speaker 9: Well, basically, what we want we want to damage fixed, we want to reach No.
Speaker 2: I know what you want, but what do you want? From us because you've already hired an attorney and an engineer.
Speaker 9: He's not helping us. I mean, he's We've spent all this money and it just feels like the other.
Speaker 2: What law firm do you have? We do have Bid O'Brien on, Okay, good, I want to talk to Brad. Brad O'Brien is a real estate attorney. I don't know if he handles these kinds of things, but I'm going to ask him, Brad. This person built a home back way back. Okay, they've been there a long time, Okay, or back? I mean they bought the house in ninety seven. Recently, in twenty twenty, someone built a home, a custom home, in front of them and put up a retaining wall. The retaining wall was not part of a drainage plan, not part of their main plan. The city of Lovelin had nothing to say about it, but they put up a retaining wall, which has since then caused flooding to their home. They hired an attorney who is doing nothing for them, just negotiating with the neighbor on trying to fix it. But she feels they're just jacking her around. She has spent a ton of legal fees and gotten nowhere. I'm afraid the statute of limitations is going to run out. They haven't filed the lawsuit. Do you handle cases like this when a neighboring property is causing damage to yours?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 12: I handle property line disputes like this, including TS disputes and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is specifically the retaining wall on their property causing flooding on her property. Right, do you handle that?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, you need a free second you need a second opinion. I'm sorry for saying free Brad, I don't know how you do second opinions. But she needs a case review. How do you handle those?
Speaker 8: Well, I'll trot off with.
Speaker 12: A free nish of consultations, just a general conversation and then if they want to take it from there, and then we talked about what that costs.
Speaker 2: And can you and and you got to review what the other people did because how long have you had this law firm retained.
Speaker 9: Joe August twenty three.
Speaker 2: And nothing.
Speaker 9: Okay, no, we are We are right at this point right now where they send us an offer, and it's been back and forth with these offers, and basically they want to have their construction company put a French strain in.
Speaker 2: A French strain would work a French strain. Are they putting the French drain in around your house or are they putting it in at the retaining wall?
Speaker 9: Well, it would go at the retaining wall. But here's the deal. Her shrink girl line goes all through that they're supposed to have a swell in their backyard, which they don't.
Speaker 2: It all is all, you know, But but here's the deal, Joe, I need you. You can't. You can't give your opinion. Did your engineer say they need a swell and they need this and they need that. You can't just automatically say no to everything they propose as well, Brad listen, is she obligated to let them at least try to mitigate.
Speaker 12: Obligate technically? And no, you don't have to. Nobody has to do anything. But it sounds like there's been some real progress to date because OBUs William maga Forth.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and I think she's frustrated because each year it floods and it's been since she hired the but she only hired the law firm in twenty three, so I don't actually see I don't know what you expect twenty it's only a year later. I mean, Joe, what are you What are you complaining about.
Speaker 9: The fact that every time it rains.
Speaker 13: My husband and I we get that.
Speaker 2: But the law firm seems to be working at light speed. I thought you hired him in twenty twenty. You hired him last year.
Speaker 10: Yes, we didn't, and they got you.
Speaker 2: Okay, you hired him last year, and already the other party is offering to put in a French train, which you automatically say will not work.
Speaker 9: Now, it hasn't been that fast, and they finally came to this after we've we threatened to do the lawsuit, and even what they're trying to put in, I don't. We don't believe it's gonna totally.
Speaker 2: Reach No, wait, who's we don't believe? Who's we I don't believe? I Well, sorry, you know what your opinion means? Nothing in that nothing, absolutely nothing. When you say we don't, I don't think it will solve the problem, A judge will laugh you out of court. Now, if you had a couple experts that said that, that would be a different story. Joe, I'm trying to help you and I'm telling you why you're running into problems. First of all, that is light speed for an attorney to be hired last year and get you an offer by threatening a lawsuit this year. Light speed. I don't. I know you're frustrated and that's why you're calling. I understand that completely, Brad, Brad any words for her.
Speaker 12: Well, an engineer is important. You should have an engineer on your side who can talk advise you on the technical solution of a retaining wall with an integrated French drain. That's how this is going to resolved most likely.
Speaker 2: But what you need is someone to tell you it's not going to work and why it's not going to work. Hold on again, I need to take another break. Bob at l em Landscaping does a lot of this kind of work. He's got a comment and the other callers please hang on. I will take all of you. I'm Tom Martinez three to three seven, eight, two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, you're troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So I wanna I want to continue on this real quick, Bob at l em Landscape. He's on a refer list for fur list dot com. Bob, what comment do you have on this?
Speaker 14: Uh? Go ahead to Tom, Here's what I want to do. Give me a couple of minutes, right, I'll go quit. The first thing that she should have found she should find out. I don't care when that wall was built. But every city has a code for a height of a wall. Example Lakewood, you can it be twenty six inches or you have to have an engineer. So the first thing she needs to find.
Speaker 13: Out or her turning is when that wall was built?
Speaker 14: Did And I don't even know if she's throw on the.
Speaker 7: Line how high is this wall?
Speaker 2: Well, let's just just keep going. Man, and well she's listening. Just keep going.
Speaker 13: Let's just say this.
Speaker 14: She needs to find out what the code height is for a returning wall. Secondly, I could almost guarantee you this wall was not built correctly because I heard her say that drayt pipes in the bottom. That all depends on the heights.
Speaker 2: The other thing is.
Speaker 14: That wall has to be backfilled with rock all the way behind it.
Speaker 2: To Okay, here's what I want to ask in a really, do you go up that far?
Speaker 13: I would do it for.
Speaker 14: You, Tommy and all do anything for you.
Speaker 2: All right, here's what I'd like you to do. I'd like to go up and take a look at it. Let's Kachina will hook you up, and let's see maybe you can come up with a solution and make sure she's not getting screwed either, because you've handled a lot of problems for us successfully. And I really like I like the idea. I like the idea.
Speaker 6: Let's say it's three feet and it's not supposed to be that tall.
Speaker 2: How long has it been there? Do you recall it's been there since twenty twenty? Okay, so what would they do? Who were they suing? What would they do?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, let's say it won't cost that much to fix.
Speaker 13: Well, well, no, here's the thing.
Speaker 14: If that wall was put in wrong enough, start they candle back. I've had it happen ten years, could happen? They can go back after whoever install that wall and then she made him the playoffs?
Speaker 2: Well who installed it?
Speaker 13: Well, well they may be able to find out what oil cannot they move? If it's going to be it has to be great re certified to drain around both works of the house to the front of the art.
Speaker 2: All right, hold on, we got to come back to more right after this on the Troubleshooter Show, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: You need advice who you don't have come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help me.
Speaker 3: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Hi.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. We got a lot of people waiting to talk to us, and as it goes, it's, uh, you never know how the calls are gonna go. So I'm gonna get to all of you, I promise. So really, the bottom line is, I don't want to go back to the landscaping problem. I'm gonna ask Bob as a favor to go up and look at that. Look at people. Here's the thing. Okay, when you have a retaining wall causing trouble for the neighbor, it could be your problem and you may have to fix it. I mean it could be the one who put up the retaining walls problem. So you're not allowed to cause problems for neighbor. You're not allowed to disrupt drainage plans without a very specific set of rules. Almost every municipality has drainage plans. We have Frank durand a real estate man with us today. We also have Stephanie. Stephanie with a Stephanie Thomas, and they are real estate brokers. Stephanie Thomas versus the Pike's Peak Region Frank Durand works all parts of Metro, and we are talking real estate. I do have some texts for them. You can text me at five seven seven three nine. That's the iHeart short code we call it. So you text your message to five seven seven three nine with Tom in there, it'll get to me. And then we have also my personal Google Voice and I do have some texts there. This is my personal number, comes to my cell phone and I will get to it, and that is seven four seven fifty two eighty. So now let's keep going. Jim wants to talk about a car accident and an insurance issue. Okay, man, what's going on? Jim?
Speaker 11: Good running? Tom, Hey, I was involved in I was involved in a car accident a week ago Monday.
Speaker 2: Oh. I hope you're not hurt, are you? No?
Speaker 11: There were no injuries, so obviously then the police wouldn't come out and take our information. But my insurance company has been very helpful. And I had just bought the car two months before.
Speaker 2: Was it brand new?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 7: Used?
Speaker 10: Car.
Speaker 11: I've never had a new car. I'm a seventy six year old man that gets what he can.
Speaker 2: The old fart. Hey, Jim, and let me ask you something. So you were in this accident and the police wouldn't come because there's no injuries. How heavy were the damages?
Speaker 11: My car was declared totaled?
Speaker 2: Okay? Now, whose fault was it? If you didn't have a police report or an accident report, whose fault is it?
Speaker 11: Okay? I I obviously say it was his fault. He turned in a report to my insurance company with a statement to me basically that was his fault while he was trying to blame me, to make it to make it simple.
Speaker 2: So you're each blaming way. Wait, wait, you're each blaming each other, right, okay?
Speaker 11: And okay. And my insurance company saw what happened to the car and how he reported it and said it was impossible to happen that way.
Speaker 2: So can you tell me how it happened? I'm just curious. Tell me how it happened.
Speaker 8: Okay. Sure.
Speaker 11: I pulled out of a strip mall on Buckley Quortered eight at night on Monday, and the right lane was completely empty. The left lane had cars in it. I pulled out into the right lane, probably drove forty fifty yards up, and all of a sudden, the lamb. He passed me in the left lane in a pickup truck with a trailer behind it. The truck got past me, his trailer knocked the whole front of my car off.
Speaker 2: Oh and what did he say happened?
Speaker 11: He's saying that. Oh he says is that he was behind me, that he was in the right lane and when I come out, he was behind me.
Speaker 2: Now being me, wait wait, wait he was behind you? Then how did his trailer hit the front of your car?
Speaker 11: That's exactly what we're saying.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, well there's a common sense factor, like literally.
Speaker 11: How well, if he was behind me, he would have hit the back of my car. He was out in the left lane and trying to get into my lane because there was no other cars, you know how some of my hurries up to get into the empty lane, and he swung into the lane. His truck got by me, and the trailer caught the front bumper of my car. And just rep no, don't we.
Speaker 2: Get that man? So now how is this affecting you? Right now? Tell me the situation.
Speaker 11: Okay, my insurance, what I had bought. I spent eight thousand dollars with everything, not insurance, but with everything else on the car with at a dealership, I bought the car and with tex.
Speaker 2: Is the car. What is the car?
Speaker 11: It's a twenty ten Masta c X seven.
Speaker 2: It's a little suv.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me let me let me just get right to the point of the call. Are you complaining about the value they're putting on the total That's exactly it.
Speaker 11: My insurance company said that the total value would be a sixty five hundred minus my deductible one thousand. Of course, it's given me a check for fifty five hundred.
Speaker 2: And what do you think it's worth?
Speaker 11: I think, well, I want to be as I here on your show all the time. I want to be made whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know what being made hole? Jim Jim, Jim, Jim Jim. Listen, Being made whole doesn't mean making up. For now, I'm not saying this happen to you. I'm saying in general, insurance companies don't have to make people whole if they were stupid when they bought the car. Okay, they only have to make you whole for the real value of the vehicle a second before it was just minus the deductible of course. Yes, so I need to know how many miles on this twenty ten Mazda.
Speaker 11: Okay, have one hundred and forty nine thousand.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're not going to get more than that.
Speaker 11: Okay, that's yeah, because I'm.
Speaker 6: My only confusion is I thought it was the other guy's issue.
Speaker 11: Well, the other guy's issue is that he contact is an insurance company the next morning said it was an accident. They cannot get him to call them back and say what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a popular hold on. So they're saying they're saying they can't they're saying they can't help you because of lack of cooperation. Let me explain something to you. There are some cases where insurance brokers talk to their insured and go wink wink, if you don't cooperate with us, we can't cover it, and we don't have to. And so I've heard this excuse more and more and more where they say we can't get our insured to call us back. He's got to assume them that'll get their attach. Okay, that's right, Mark, explain that.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, well, you simply take them to small claims court. You're only looking for under seventy five hundred bucks, so you're a perfect candidate.
Speaker 2: Do you have any inform me? Tell him it will happen.
Speaker 6: Go on, tell them little how the second you serve him, he's going to contact his insurance company and go I'm getting sued. Then this insurance company's going to end up ponying up the fair value of the car, and you're not going to have a deductible at that point.
Speaker 11: Now, okay, that's kind of.
Speaker 2: Tell me give me the DESIG model designation again. I'm almost there. C x seven okay, and I got it. I'm looking at it right now, and I want to see the mileage part. Okay, So I have one exactly like yours, with the same mileage. Actually it's newer than yours, but the same mileage, the exact same mileage, and it's only one year newer, and it's sixty nine hundred, which they say it's at cars dot Com is excellent at evaluating deals. The twenty ten similar mileage in the six thousand dollars marks, I'm showing between five and six.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for private party, meaning they're not they're not cheating you. Bro, They're not cheating you. You're not going to get more because you paid more. You understand that, right, right, right?
Speaker 11: I'm happy with my insurance company. My insurance company said they would be going after his insurance company to get their money back.
Speaker 2: Well, then you can go after him though separately for your deductible, right.
Speaker 11: And they yeah, they said they would get my deductible, So there's no.
Speaker 2: Good in me sub Well, then then what's the call about. I think everything's going the way it should.
Speaker 6: Well, he's out of one thousand bucks right now, until you just hear what hit the money back?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I'm still out of five. I thought I was at twenty five hundred. But if that's the way they tell you the car, then I'm basically out of thousand.
Speaker 6: You know what you can do for a second opinion on that, and they'll actually do it by VIN number one percent free for you is go to referral list dot com okay and type in petty as in pe t t y petty details, give them a call, give them the VIN number, and they'll tell you what that vehicle what is a very fair price from an insurance company and make sure you got sales tax. Did they give you sales tax?
Speaker 11: Right right, yeah, they.
Speaker 8: Took sales sex.
Speaker 11: The fifty five hundred they gave me figured sales tax. My other question is this jass that.
Speaker 2: Might be a little low to go buy a car.
Speaker 11: I've been off work. I do deliveries for work, and I've been off work for nine days now because I don't have a car.
Speaker 2: Well, call them up.
Speaker 6: They will have stuff between five and ten grand, you know, call them up. But the other thing you might oh wow, up mark JFR cars. Yeah good Now. The other thing I was going to.
Speaker 2: Say to you though, if you've got what kind of car you need?
Speaker 6: Just anything? I mean, you're not delivering big stuff. You can have a car right right? You might be able to get like into.
Speaker 11: Sare I want a dependable piece of transportation?
Speaker 6: Well okay, then here's I'm going to give you another idea. And JFR can punch the numbers because he could do new and used too. But you might think about getting like a little I'm just throwing something out there. Ahondai Kona for around twenty five grand. You put down five to ten thousand dollars your payments are only going to be three four hundred bucks a month, and you have free oil changes for three years, one hundred thousand mile powertrain warranty, a five year sixty thousand mile bumper to bumper, and Key has got some stuff like that too. Then you're not worrying about anything else.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well, I said at my age, I can't finance a car in my position because technically I was working for myself. I don't have credit.
Speaker 6: Hey, you know what I know somebody hold on I can make I can make this call for you Tom.
Speaker 2: You know, uh John Jones over it Integra.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, their son passed away about a year ago and his wife is trying to sell his Toyota.
Speaker 2: What do they call it? It's a Toyota pick up. What's the popular Toyota tundrum? No, keep going forour runner. It's a fore Runner. Oh they're good. Yeah, it's got.
Speaker 6: It's probably about one hundred and fifty thousand, I forget, but it runs really good. And you know they're only looking three or four thousand for it if they still have it. So if you're interested in that, give Kelly your info and I'll pass it along for her to call you.
Speaker 7: I will do that.
Speaker 2: It's a good little truck too.
Speaker 6: And then if this guy doesn't want it, anybody out there listening, I've been promising them i'd mention it and it just came up.
Speaker 11: Now, okay, yeah, let me get the first shot of doing it. I mean, I got the money now from my insurance.
Speaker 2: I'll do it. I promise I'll do that.
Speaker 6: In fact, just make sure Kelly's got your info and I'll reach out to you.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Now do I get a dinger?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: You do give me that dinger, big man. Okay, hold on, let me I gotta find it.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: No, man, he's still he's been looking for his danner for three years.
Speaker 2: There. I just did you. Thank you?
Speaker 8: Okay, so hey, fourth car in a year and a half, all.
Speaker 2: Right, give kill my gosh, it's fourth and a year and a half. Wow, we got more coming right up. We'll come back to Jennifer at with a Verizon problem. I'm Tom Martino. Yeah, sorry, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insured paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Three oh three.
Speaker 2: Seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Jennifer. What's going on with Verizon? Welcome? What is happening?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 2: Hi Tom?
Speaker 17: Hi you Jennifer. Yeah, I'm just having some trouble with Verizon. My mom has been with them for eight years and I she's up in age in her nineties. So years ago, I'm talking like three or four years ago, I actually had the power of attorney, actually went and had back, They backed to the company that I would be allowed to speak on her behalf anything.
Speaker 2: How old is your mom in her nineties? Okay? And you were. It's called an authorized agent or authorized user or so you can talk like sus does that with a lot of my accounts. So what's going on?
Speaker 17: So I went through all that trouble and they it was a waste of time. It didn't go through.
Speaker 7: I guess.
Speaker 17: So every time I called, just for simple things like there's problems with the phone, or for example, last.
Speaker 2: Month, why don't you just pretend you're her?
Speaker 10: Oh I've never Yeah, right now.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 17: I guess I don't sound old enough. Maybe they wouldn't believe me.
Speaker 2: Well it wouldn't matter. You don't have to. You could sound like me and they'll believe you. Yeah, it doesn't matter. I mean, this is a bunch of crap that people go through, but you could just you know, all the questions they're going to ask about your mom, right, very much?
Speaker 17: So I do I have to sort of be her. You know, memory is not that great either, So so what I've been doing and what I did last month because she didn't get a paper statement she do. You know, I thought it was a holiday, you know, Labor day. So what happened is the person I spoke with they actually allowed me to talk. She said she gave verbal agreement that I could speak. So they said, don't worry. Well, somebody must have taken that feature off, and we were we would say.
Speaker 2: Look, did do you have online access? Do you have online access.
Speaker 17: Well, no, create email.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, if you have a bill, listen, if you have a bill, create an online access.
Speaker 17: Well I guess I could, But can I get to the meat of the problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is the problem?
Speaker 17: So, so what happened is they said, don't worry, we're gonna switch that back on next month. You will be getting paper statements again. So my mom has me go to the Verizon store and I pay cash. That's the way she so I didn't. Yeah, my mom's kind of old fashioned. Not on mind, it's not a problem.
Speaker 2: So what's the big deal. Let's talk about the.
Speaker 17: Proble, the big deal? The building come again this month. If I get on the phone and I have my mom gives the verbal.
Speaker 2: Jennifer, why can't seriously look at I'd love to help you, but it's kind of like it's it's kind of like weird. I mean, you can just go online. Your statement is there, you can print it if you want it. Why don't you just go online and create an online account for you? I mean, it's there already, Tom.
Speaker 17: I'm done with them at this point after eight years. My reason for this call today, Tom is I want to know what other companies besides Comcast that I can get the same service with her. She calls it a dumb phone. You know, it's just a it's a phone in AT and T your old fashion.
Speaker 18: Phones, do you know it?
Speaker 2: Asks like you're not going to find.
Speaker 5: Do you give me advice?
Speaker 2: You're not going to find. You're not going to find a dumb phone anymore.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, So she when you say a dumb phone like a house phone.
Speaker 17: Yes, it's a house phone.
Speaker 6: Do you have internet? Do you have internet at your house?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 17: She does not and does not want internet.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I was going to say magic. Listen, you know, Jennifer. Unfortunately, I'm serious. Okay, I know what you're I know what you're faced with. You want a simple phone, paper bills, and you want to pay cash. There are there there. It might be it might be that you can't be accommodated any longer. Really, what about just let's let's just face reality. They're phasing certain things out. So I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I'm going to help you if I can. There are companies that will not send out paper bills, there are companies that will not accept cash, and there are companies that don't have simple phones. Wait wait, I've got an idea.
Speaker 16: For what about something like cricket Tom.
Speaker 6: That's yeah, that's going to be just any phone that's just service. Look at look at jitterbug.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 17: But that's the thing. She doesn't like change and she was.
Speaker 6: Freaking It doesn't matter. Jitterbug is the easiest thing to ever use. If you want, you look at it, you program it. There could be a picture of you and she hits the picture of you and it'll call you. She doesn't even have to It's so easy, it's unbelievable. Really, yeah, jitterbug. But I'm thinking of getting one for time's up.
Speaker 2: There would be so listen, listen now now she so, Jennifer added another wrinkle. Number one, she wants paper statements. Number two, she wants a simple dumb phone. Number three, she wants a place she can go and pay cash. Number four, she doesn't want change.
Speaker 17: I'm I'm willing. I'm to the point now where I could set up I could just do everything undermine.
Speaker 8: It's my she's the old Jennifer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but hold on, Jennifer, I want to ask you straight up. You said she doesn't want change. So what do you mean she wants to keep the phone she has?
Speaker 17: I think change meanings she wants to keep the AT and T phone. I'm the one that is upset about the billion mark?
Speaker 2: What what is the what is the you said Verizon? Is it Verizon or AT and T?
Speaker 17: It's Verizon? But she has an AT and T phone that she dials with, That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, it's not an AT and T phone and it's not a Verizon phone. Mark? Are they cdmas? Do you know which phone that is? Mark?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 6: A Verizon? If it's older like that, it's not going to have a SIM card. It's going to be built in and most likely will only work on the Verizon network.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she said it was an AT and T phone, which is weird. Jennifer, Just wait, doc, please is it an AT and T phone or is it a Verizon phone? It's not a wait wait, how old is it?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 14: I just thought it?
Speaker 6: Ye, Okay, then it could be it could possibly be on both networks.
Speaker 2: Okay, now here's the deal, Jennifer. Do you know if it has a SIM card?
Speaker 17: No, it's not even that sophisticated. It's no old phone like we used to have back in the day that you would plug into the wall. But this thing plug into the Verizon box.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tom, she's just got here.
Speaker 6: It's just like Magic Jack, She's it's it's any phone that you can buy at Walmart.
Speaker 2: And I'm talking like the old cy phones. Okay, they're talking about a magic You're right, that's exactly so. This is not a cell phone. No, it's literally an old AT and T. We should have let we should have led with that. It's not a cell phone.
Speaker 16: I know.
Speaker 2: It's like now Comcast will be worse Comcast. Yes, why don't you just get her a quest?
Speaker 7: Or not?
Speaker 2: Quest? What are they now?
Speaker 6: Century Link landline and call it done? What are they twenty bucks?
Speaker 2: My god? Of course, But Mark, she can't get the landline without broadband.
Speaker 6: They don't do those anymore. Yeah, I think they do. Absolutely. In fact, I can have. I have one at my house.
Speaker 2: So to Stephanie, Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 17: Wait, that's what That's what I want to know. That was the premise of my quest. I want to know.
Speaker 2: Why do I call them? Quest? Century Link? Yeah, Centry Link? Are you sure, dude? I've got them at my house? Now ask me do.
Speaker 6: I I don't know if you can get new ones because of DSL. That's the only Internet I can get. Well, Mark, you just said it was just a phone line. I just said, if you can't get a phone line, you're you're missing me. That's what the DSL is sent over. I can add an actual phone line to it if I want. Yes, you can.
Speaker 2: But you're paying for way more than a phone line, whether you use it or not. Hey, that's what I'm getting at. She's going to be paying for broadband whether she uses it or not.
Speaker 6: I think she can get just a landline for about twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: What's it say? What's it say, Shannon?
Speaker 8: Reliable and affordable landline phones for your family?
Speaker 6: How about on your website on quest or stop saying Sentry Link.
Speaker 2: You know what, Jennifer, why don't you call Sentry Link okay and then call us back. We'd all love to hear how much it is seriously.
Speaker 17: On the internet and go to Sentry Link and then go from there.
Speaker 2: Have you never heard of Century Link? You said you never? You said you don't get on the internet, right.
Speaker 17: No, I have internet at my house. This is my mom's house. I'm totally with it. It's just my mom's old school, you know. But I can do I'll do whatever it takes to get Okay.
Speaker 2: If that doesn't work, then contact HG. Wells. Okay, no one's going to get.
Speaker 6: That, right, I got it. That's very mean of you, though, what why does it mean?
Speaker 16: HD?
Speaker 5: Wells?
Speaker 2: He wrote time machine.
Speaker 6: Oh I thought he was like the inventor of the telegraph.
Speaker 2: No, he wrote time machine. He can shake and go back in time. You should tell her to look for a century link in the Rocky Mountain News. But really, truly, operator, don't listen. I think that was a good recommendation. Thank you Shannon for looking at up Centry Link can help Sentry Link, Yeah, call them. Yeah, you can still get a landline. Now why you would get one? I still don't get one. Clear Choice Garage Door is the place you want to call for great garage doors, the actual doors themselves of all kinds. They're factory authors remost doors, also garage door openers. They'll come to your home. They'll have all their prices on the website. They can fix the door, replace the door, the openers, any part of it. One Clear Choice Doors dot Com go with a your thing. Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, so let's go to my texts, and we have one on real estate. My neighbor's house has been on the market for thirty days and has not had one showing. Is that unusual? It's in a very good neighborhood in Denver, Frank, even Stephanie, I mean, you know, let's talk, you know, Tom, here's the deal. Thirty days, not one showing. Yeah, thirty days, not one showing. You know, here's the thing?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 5: Two things? I would say. Number one is definitely visit if they're hitting the right price, Mark, Tom, you should have showings. Now here's the thing. Some areas are flooded with more inventory than others. So I saw one property was on the market thirty five days, three showings, and got a very good offer on the thirty fifth day. In fact, it had competing offers. So in this kind of market, it's a little back and forth sometimes depending on the area. But I would say zero showings in thirty days does seem a bit unusual.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say, honestly, I see slow showings right now across the board for a lot of my properties. And I did pull some specific days on market that I can give you, and it's really property dependent. But absolutely no after a month that would be a conversation between me and my seller on how we want to reposition.
Speaker 2: You know, I have a neighbor guys and I like her.
Speaker 6: She got divorced a while back, like a year, and we know both of them. But they put the house up because you know, the proceeds are getting divorce, they got to sell the house. They listed it at a number that I never thought they'd get, and they haven't got it. So what I'm finding now is they get zero listings. I mean no, they don't even get Luki lose and My guess is, and I want your advice on this, it's because the house has been on the market for over a year and they've moved the price a little, but like twenty thousand here, ten thousand here, they.
Speaker 2: Barely moved it at all. But if you look at.
Speaker 6: How long it's on the first thing I would think is what the hell is wrong with that house? Because everything else in frank Town is selling quick.
Speaker 2: But the reason this house.
Speaker 6: And it is in great shape, isn't selling quick is because it's been on the damn market for a year.
Speaker 2: Is that good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mark, I would tell you this, chances are very good they're missing the market. And here's the thing. When you sit on the market that long. Think of a quarterback in the pocket. There's a timing he's got to get rid of that ball. And when he sits in the pocket too long pedaling around, you know what happens next? He takes a sack.
Speaker 6: So if it's if it's my neighbor or this person, what do they do?
Speaker 2: I mean, what do they do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: Here, here's what I would say that they should definitely revisit where the market really is and meet the market at its highest point because sometimes and I don't know this seller, but sometimes sellers will base the price on their emotions or what they feel versus what the market's going to pay. And unfortunately, if the realtor and the seller's the three highest bidders, that doesn't do much good on the open market. So the key is where's the open market?
Speaker 2: Pain?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 2: Three h three seven one three? Talk? Let's talk to Is it holla? It sounds like part of Hallelujah? Is it holla?
Speaker 6: Or hala himalaa?
Speaker 2: Part of Hallelujah? Is your last name?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Never go ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 10: It could be hey, hia, question for you. During a reserve study, they left out a key component and it was.
Speaker 2: A p for those listening. A reserve study means they look at the coffers to see if they have for emergencies and stuff and they have a certain amount in reserve, and if not, they do an assessment of all homeowners. Is that what we're talking about?
Speaker 10: Yes, sir?
Speaker 2: Okay, keep going okay.
Speaker 10: So they left out a key component, which was a four million dollar project, which, of course student in our favor. What do you call this? Do we call it misrepresentation? Well?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, holla, I don't understand who did the study, the reserve study. Was it the management company or the HOA?
Speaker 10: No, it's a professional company that does reserve studies.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, And when they did a reserve study, they left out what you called a four million dollar project. What is this four million dollar dollar project?
Speaker 10: Infrastructure?
Speaker 2: Well, tell me what it is? There was okay, So, okay, is this infrastructure? Is this, by the way, a single family home community or a condo or town home?
Speaker 10: It's a condo.
Speaker 2: And are you telling me the four million dollars has to be spent in the near future.
Speaker 10: I'm telling you that when they did a investigation a couple of years ago, they determined and it was it was an investigation of about thirty thousand dollars. But there were problems they could be coming up, there were areas that should be treated.
Speaker 2: Did they say it would take four million dollars? And if they did over what period of time?
Speaker 10: If they did the full project, the scope of the work would have probably taken I'm guessing eight months to a year.
Speaker 7: A guess.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, So if you have a four million dollar liability coming up and they said your reserves were fine, do you have Do they have the four million in reserve?
Speaker 10: No, but that's the question. They did not include that four million in our reserve study, so we look okay, right?
Speaker 2: But what what tell me this though? What incentive would an independent company have to leave that out to make you look better than you are?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: What? What's their incentive.
Speaker 10: And make us look better than we are?
Speaker 2: But why? What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What's their incentive that I don't understand. They're going to get paid whether they make you look good or not. What is their incentive.
Speaker 10: They're taking direction? I have no idea. I just want to know.
Speaker 2: Do you think wait, wait wait, do you think the h o A told them make us look good? Do you think the h o A didn't tell them?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: What do you see? You're you're telling me, but I don't know what you're telling me. Are you telling me there's something underhanded going on?
Speaker 10: I'm just trying to find a legal definition of what they did.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen or halla. If if they intentionally left out pertinent information and they were paid to do an accurate study and they purposely left it out, it's negligent, Okay. If Behua didn't tell them about it, it's not their problem. That's what I'm saying. You're leaving so many holes in the story. There is no legal name for what they did because I don't know if they had the information. They can't discern it out of thin air.
Speaker 10: They ask questions, what's that?
Speaker 2: How do you know they had the information?
Speaker 10: Because I was there, I know. I tell them, you've seen it, it's documented. It's okay.
Speaker 2: Now Here's what I want to know. Halla, did you ask them or the HOA why this was left out of the Reserve study?
Speaker 7: Not yet?
Speaker 2: Well, why don't you? Why don't you because I don't know what you're driving at. Here's the point, Whether they make you look good or not. What difference does it make? Here's what I want to know. What difference does it make? Do you understand why I'm asking? There's a reason I'm asking that. Holla. I promise you that I'll give you some information, but I got to take this break. Please hang on. There's a reason I asked that question. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check. Up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're Troubleshooter. So we're giving a deputy d an Indian email, right, and he wanted his name on there. And I don't mind. You know Dimitri at troubleshooter dot com. But I want to ask my YouTube morns and everyone else, how would you spell dimitri? OHK, say Mark, So I used to spell it DMI tri I right, He said no, there's no I in the beginning, so it's DMI, but then there's a Y at the end. I would never spell at d M I t R Y. I mean, I know that's how it's spelled, because that's his name, But I don't know, doc, would you know how to spell Dimitrie? Let me tell you how this.
Speaker 16: He must have had work woke parents who are just trying to be different with you.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it was different. I think gets traditional Russian, isn't it?
Speaker 19: None of it?
Speaker 2: Is it traditional? I mean, let's let me go to a wide shot here. Of none of it matters.
Speaker 5: That spelling.
Speaker 2: He was picked by some immigration officer in New York City. Yeah, but none of it. I stuck with it, guys, None of it matters.
Speaker 6: What do you mean when you create his email, spell it fifty different ways, but they all go to the correct spelling and from the correct spelling.
Speaker 2: You know that, just like mine is mark with the C and A. Kay. Okay, I can do alternates, you mean, like, yeah, and that's all under the same email you get it? Yeah, I know they're called yeah whatever.
Speaker 16: Okay.
Speaker 2: You know we'll let the new tune of the country we have mar coming up go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two D.
Speaker 2: So you don't have the.
Speaker 1: Come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come. Man, This is.
Speaker 2: The Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martine, Hey, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. Let me just get that button so I can get our faces up. Yeah. We're here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little easier. And we have, of course, all of our peeps with us today. We have Frank durand the real estate Man dot com. We have Stephanie Thomas, Stephanie ri dot com. Stephanie is a real estate broker in the Springs. Frank Dran the real estate Man is a Denver Metro and beyond. And then we have a deputy doc there and we have a major Mark Major of course. And then I only see hands to the right. Who's that right there? Who's in the studio. That's Mikey. Oh, Mikey's here. Okay, we got a picture of his ugly car we're posting, but it matches that ugly dog you And now the ugly dog is a cute dog. Now, that car, other than being slow, it's a nice car. I mean, it looks nice.
Speaker 6: It's one of those it's one of those things that looks really good.
Speaker 2: It's like a really good looking woman. But the first dog down. But I'm gonna put the dog back up because i think I'll explain to people what we're even talking about. As far anyway, for those on our YouTube stream, Stephanie Thomas was bragging about how cuter dog was and we wanted to do and we want to do a poll on it. And that's Mikey's dog to Mikey and Stephanie so and Mikey does our it and a lot of it stuff and so anyway, there there's the dog, gee and Odin and then we're gonna show a picture of that ugly car in a minute. Three ugly seven car, Yeah yeah, three all three seven, one three eight, two five five. By the way, whatever, we can do this, by the way, with any problem, if you send us photos of the problem itself, we will post them for those streaming the show as well and for downloading later. So let's go back to Halla and we had holla on about her HOA. Now I'm not trying to be a wise guy here, but what I'm saying is usually when there's something bad going on, there's usually a reason. So she said, they hired a company. The HOA hired a company to do a reserve study of their finances to see if they had to do any assessments in the future or where they stay and financially on cash flow. And this company left out a four million dollar what's called contingent liability. What a contingent liability means is it's probably going to happen soon. Should you include it? Well, that depends. If the HA told them to include it, they should include it. If the HA said leave it out, they should leave it out. But obviously, with four million dollars of contingent liability, if you left it out, it would show you have adequate reservesurance for insurance, deductibles and deferred maintenance and whatever else should happen. Okay, Well, most hoas, by the way, for condos and town homes are going to find they don't have enough in reserves because most insurance companies now are either not ensuring the roof or ensuring it for ACV actual cash value or huge deductible, So that alone would cause havoc with hoa's But holla, may I ask why did your HOA do this study? To begin with? What was the reason for it? We do it.
Speaker 10: We do it consistently every three to five years. It's coe.
Speaker 2: You guys are pretty smart to do that. Did they take into consideration deductibles? Like did your insurance change lately about deductibles?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, are you on the board? Halla?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 10: Okay, been on the board, but I'm not now.
Speaker 2: No, you sound knowledgeable. That's why I asked, Okay, So they left out the four million dollar contingent liability that they knew about. Were they given instruction to do a reserve study without that in it?
Speaker 10: I am not privy to what they told the Well.
Speaker 2: That would be important because if you could show, if you listen, if you could show that this company, this accounting firm, and whether it's really an accounting firm, but that's what they are. They accounted to this, Okay. If this accounting firm did an HOA reserve study and left out a four million dollar contingent liability which showed an artificial surplus.
Speaker 10: Only because they didn't have the information, only because they were not given the information.
Speaker 2: Who did not give them? I thought you said they were given the information.
Speaker 10: No, that's the whole thing. They were not given the information. It should have been divulged as the package that it wasn't announced.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the HOA is the one that did not give the information.
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 2: Okay, Now I understand was the HA trying to hide it or look good? Is that why they did that?
Speaker 15: Well, I'm logically, if you add inn x amount of money and you come out in the red or beyond the red, then you must assess going forward what you have to do to correct, which means.
Speaker 2: YEA and the HA maybe didn't want to tackle the subject of assessments.
Speaker 10: Correct correct could be Now, I want to know what you would call this. It's an omission.
Speaker 8: If that's right.
Speaker 2: Hold on, you just said it's it's not negligent on the accounting firm. It is. It is negligent and omissions of the board members correct, which, by the way, most HA agreements and by laws indemnify those board members from this. So in other words, you can't actually go after them and holla. To be honest with you, this may sound strange to you. While it is wrong, it's not creating any damages. There are no damages. In other words, See, I want you to understand this concept, and I hope those listening will understand this. Let's say they included the four million dollar contingent liability and therefore there was going to be an assessment to each owner in the next two years of five thousand dollars let's just say that, or more whatever, ten thousand dollars. Let's say if they included the four million dollar liability, there would be an assessment needed of ten grand. Now by the HOA, leaving it out, it did not damage anyone. They're not going to have to pay more than ten grand. It was going to be ten grand whether they included it or not. So where is the damage is? Because yes, you could have emissions, But what is the damage? What is the consequence of leaving it out? Kala?
Speaker 10: Well, Tom, now that you point out the damages caused at this point we happened, but we could in the future.
Speaker 2: Now somebody, well, no, you wouldn't have damages in the future. You would have an assessment that was going to come whether they included it or not. The fact that you weren't warned about. It is not a damage.
Speaker 10: So then I guess the next question is during a sale of real estate, you just have to be listed as.
Speaker 2: Now they're hollam, hold on, now, let's delve deeper. Let's say that you guys, one of you sell your condo and the buyer wants to know although buyers, Frank and Stephanie, I want to ask you straight up, did you ever have a buyer or did you guys ever look into the hoa to see if there are contingent liabilities for future assessments When I.
Speaker 4: Go to list a town.
Speaker 2: Home or not list not that would not be right. Yeah, this kid don't find it.
Speaker 4: I always go and I ask because if we know of something, we do have to make disclosure.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about when you.
Speaker 4: Go to buy one for so we get provided information, but honestly, unless they disclose it to us, we would just right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly right. But do you ask about contingent liabilities?
Speaker 5: Yes, Tom, and we also asked for the meetings minutes, if they have any copies or any rumblings of any special assessments coming up. That's a biggie. So anytime we work with a buyer, that's the first thing we ask on an h.
Speaker 2: Way, okay, good. So if somebody went to buy a unit there Halla and they discover there is a future assessment coming and they decide not to buy there, no one caused that it was going to happen anyway. So if it was disclosed, the person probably wouldn't buy. And if it was not disclosed and the buyer discovered it, they would probably not buy. Now here's the one time I could see a damage. Let's say that you're selling your unit Holla, and I go to buy your unit and no one mentions this assessment and I am relying on a faulty reserve study. So I buy the unit and in two years or a year and a half, I'm assessed with ten thousand dollars and I'm really pissed. And I say, you know what, I wouldn't have bought this place had I known I had to pay ten grand in a year and a half or a year, and I would look for a cause. And if I found out that that information was withheld by the HOA, I would possibly want to go for damages. My damages would be I wouldn't have bought the damn place, and I don't want to pay the ten grand I think that could haunt people in Holla. Maybe I come after you too, because you sold it to me without disclosing it. Of course you could say I didn't know about it, but see, maybe you did know about it. It would get really messy. So I can see where that would be a problem. So now the more important question, holla, is what do you do about it? Is the HUA willing to redo the study including that information, or perhaps they don't believe, Perhaps they don't believe they're going to have to redo their sewer. Maybe they said, hey, that's just someone's opinion, we don't agree with it.
Speaker 10: Well, that will play out in the future.
Speaker 2: Well, you now haveing knowledge of this, you will have to tell somebody who buys your place.
Speaker 9: Correct.
Speaker 2: And by the way, how many units are in there? Two hundred and fifty?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Tom, it's probably important to note too. In the contract sixteen point two association assessments, it says any special assessment assessed prior to closing by the Association will be the obligation of And then there's a box buyer seller accept date a buyer's signature herein, whether assessed prior to the date or after closing, will be the obligation of the seller, unless otherwise specified. An additional provisions seller represents there or no unpaid regular or special assessments against the property. Accept the current regular assessments.
Speaker 2: And and that's right, Frank, because there isn't one, and there won't be one until they decide to redo the sewers. And guess what that's going to be. Sixteen thousand dollars per unit? Sixteen thousand dollars. So holla, tell me this. What if they they say, you know what, this is going to happen within the next twenty four months, right, So what if they said to each home owner? What if they did disclose and they said to each homeowner, you know what, guys, your ho a monthly fees are now going to go up six hundred sixty six dollars a month for the next two years. What would the homeowners do there? What is yours? What is your monthly fee.
Speaker 10: Now at a very very unit of what.
Speaker 2: Is it roughly?
Speaker 10: So you huh four for eighty okay?
Speaker 2: So if it went up to over one thousand dollars, what would the homeowners do there.
Speaker 10: I am not sure because, as you shall, there's a lack of participation in any type of meeting, or how many just don't seem to.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you something right now, I would never ever ever own a condo or a town home right now. Now, Here's why. Here's why. Not because they're not great ideas. They are great ideas, but the homeowners all want to pay as low as they can in hoafees, and somehow believe those hoafees are somehow going to some invisible third party who's in Tahiti partying, and those HOA fees are for maintenance of the facility they live in, and they are in lieu of painting your home and fixing up your home and redoing the sewer in your home and having to do a panel upgrade in your home or the HVAC in your home. People don't understand that, so as a result, they make it hard for the HOA board to raise fees. Then when an emergency comes up, or a contingent liability or an insurance loss comes up, they're short the money, and all of a sudden, an assessment comes out and I get a phone call saying I don't want to pay this assessment. How can they do this to me? And I say, they are not doing it to you, it's your place, You're doing it to yourself. I'm Tom Martino Moore coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, John, what's going on with Walmart and straight Talk? John?
Speaker 19: Yes, Tom, Yes, problems. I'm having difficulty with an iPhone twelve and Straight talks silver plan which is supposed to be which is unlimited data. And Walmart has a promotion where if.
Speaker 2: You buy a it's Walmart. Is Walmart the only one that offers that smart thing straight talk straight Talk, Yes, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 19: The promotion is by a brand new iPhone twelve for two ninety nine, and that's how you qualify for twelve months of a reduced rate of straight Talk, which is regular forty five dollars a month for unlimited data, and the promotion price is twenty dollars a month. So it's a pretty good deal.
Speaker 2: And that is the only reason you bought it.
Speaker 19: Yes, that's the only reason I bought it, and I changed from a different.
Speaker 2: So you bought an iPhone twelve on Walmart's straight Talk plan with unlimited data for the introductory offer and you didn't get it.
Speaker 19: Yes, that's correct, I.
Speaker 2: Bet, and it was just it was it an even twenty bucks a month? Or is that I'm nineteen ninety nine, what is it?
Speaker 19: It's an even twenty dollars a month and they advertised it that staves you twenty five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so no, here's how it reads. I'm right on straight talk site, so everybody understands. So you buy the phone for whatever. It doesn't say the price of it, but an iPhone twelve. Their normal price for the silver plan is forty five dollars a month. But because you bought the phone at Walmart and you're signing up your first year or first twelve months, you get a twenty five dollars credit towards your bill, which would bring your monthly bill to twenty dollars a month instead of forty five.
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is for how long?
Speaker 7: Mark?
Speaker 2: How long?
Speaker 6: Does this twenty for the first twelve months? Then it goes to the forty five a month? Okay, so what tell me why they're not honoring it?
Speaker 19: Okay, I'm three months into this. They keep charging me full price at why I called?
Speaker 7: Why trade talk?
Speaker 19: If you call them?
Speaker 13: If we call them.
Speaker 19: Right now, the customer service person says, I don't know anything about this.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Are you kidding me? Wow?
Speaker 6: That's that's like, that's a horrible answer. That's crazy.
Speaker 19: There's there's there's no credit. I've asked Walmart.
Speaker 2: What does Walmart say?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 19: I just got off the phone with Walmart for you know, I've called, I've asked them. They've helped me several times.
Speaker 2: Try to look, who are we going to put on this? Somebody to gacious, is gonna sink their teeth into this crap? Because this gives me a headache thinking about it.
Speaker 16: I'll talk to him.
Speaker 2: You're gonna you're nice, Doc, Doc, Yeah, I'll talk to him. More power to you. If you can get a hold of someone at Walmart or somewhere to set this straight, more power to you.
Speaker 16: I will do my best.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay, what a crazy deputy. Listen, John, Let's have you work with Deputy Doc off the air. See what we can accomplish. Okay, bro hang on. All right, hey Marty, what's going on with that U with your son?
Speaker 7: All right? Now you start out real quick. Yeah, I am in hospice. He is my main curer giver. He is wounded. For you, he's got like nine percent disability that the VA is trying to get him over a hundred.
Speaker 2: What's your son's first name, Hartin? What is it?
Speaker 7: March and Mark?
Speaker 2: He got it? Okay, So tell me what we can do for you and Martin.
Speaker 7: Okay. He found out that his life that he said, the surrendered. He surrendered his license in February.
Speaker 2: What l like his driver's license?
Speaker 7: Driver's license? He has his truck driving in He's spent four years over there in the sandbox, but he has a home in Hawaii and he and he's here with me.
Speaker 2: Why did he give up his license? I'm just curious. Why did he give up his license?
Speaker 8: He didn't, he didn't.
Speaker 7: Nobody notified him.
Speaker 2: Now when you say you're talking about his regular driver's license, it expired, now, it wasn't expired.
Speaker 7: Okay, not expired.
Speaker 2: Help me out here, Marty. I'm just trying to understand. So your son, who's the primary he's your primary caregiver. Are you in home, hospice or at a facility?
Speaker 7: I'm in the home hospice.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're at home, and he obviously needs his driver's license in order to help you. Right, when did he find out? I want to know this. When did he find out his license was gone? They said he surrendered it, but he never did, right.
Speaker 7: Never did, and they never notified him.
Speaker 2: And you're talking about the state Motor Vehicle department, right, But how did he find out? To begin with, let me let me ask you this, how did he find out his license was voluntarily? You know, whatever he did, whatever they said he did.
Speaker 7: I mean, he talked to he was talking to a police officer. He didn't stop as no tickets or anything else. But the truck. Police officers said there's something wrong with your tags. It might be your what is it over the road?
Speaker 2: Are we talking about his tags or his driver's license?
Speaker 7: His driver's license?
Speaker 2: Okay? So, so basically, to make a long story short, his driver's license was surrendered by him, according to DMV. But he never did it.
Speaker 7: No, he never did it, And.
Speaker 2: Why can't he simply get it reinstated?
Speaker 7: All right? Yes, you know he can know what he's gotta do. Start all over a kid. He's sixty two years old.
Speaker 2: Are you saying you don't think he could pass the written and the driver's test.
Speaker 7: But he has to do everything?
Speaker 2: Well, you don't have to take driver's school. I mean, Marty, what record did they have of him surrendering his license? Do you know.
Speaker 7: That's that's all? I knew that you be checked with him?
Speaker 2: Hey, can we talk? Can we just you know, you're in hospice home care. You need to just rest and enjoy life. Let us talk to your son directly. Does he know you're calling us?
Speaker 7: Yes, he knows, and he doesn't want.
Speaker 2: Me just so he won't Wait wait, are you saying he won't cooperate with us?
Speaker 7: And this is second? Let me ask martin this second?
Speaker 2: Let me get over it, ask him to get on the phone. Hey, hey, Tom, I have a comment. If that's okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: So we have a family member who has some disabilities and wasn't able to go do jury duty, got a doctor's note to excuse him from that, and in turn they took his driver's license. So is that something maybe that this gentleman has experienced?
Speaker 2: Oh is Martin there? Can we talk to Martin?
Speaker 7: Yeah? That's me.
Speaker 2: Hey Martin Martin, did you ever get called for jury duty?
Speaker 7: No? No, no, no, I'll give you the reader's digest.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, sir, give us the reader's digest. Go ahead.
Speaker 7: I had my state ID and Hawaii have had this two thousand and six. I have due residence in Colorado and Hawaiian back and forth, and came my pearance and there was an accident. No, not my fault, but just the other day, and the law enforcementster said, I ran, you lie and they don't expire to two thousand places their commercial license, commercial irised license. He ran it and he said there's it says that it's pending or something that he didn't He wasn't certain himself. He said, call the of VS. What's going on and I said, true thing. I called the v and they said that I'd surrendered my license in Pedruary. I said, I never spent my license. I said, well, and you can't have a state I D in another state and a diver's license in this state. And I said, well, I was never notified of anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, so when you got your ID in Hawaii, they automatically suspended your license or they revoked it here.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I've had that. I've had that I'D since two thousand and six. Okay, can I get him in the state park? Did come?
Speaker 2: How did this suddenly happen?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 2: What did they say? Yeah?
Speaker 7: They said that they did a they were doing a canvas and then they found in February of last year that I had a State I D in another state. And they said, either A you can either have a state IDEA or a driver's license and it has to be in one state. So basically, what's in father's concerned? I said, Hey, if I got to surrender on my state ID for Hawaii, I don't care. I just I wish I'd known about this till February so I didn't have to go through the whole testing process.
Speaker 2: I get it so right now you can get your license back, but you have to go through a whole bunch of trouble.
Speaker 7: Pretty much. Yes, and I'm sorry to my father culture I didn't want him to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we want to help you, Martin. Martin, you know what, you're in the service, You were over there in four to five years, and you come back to this and you're trying to take care of your dad. I mean, we want to try to help you if we can. You know, let's see if we can get your license reinstated. The official purpose of your license being revoked, it helps us that it wasn't for a violation, It wasn't for jury duty, it wasn't for anything, right, It was for the fact that you they discovered that you had an ID in Hawaii, right, Yes, Okay, do you have a Hawaii driver's license?
Speaker 7: No? Absolutely not, Okay this I do not have a Hawaii license.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand that. I understand that. By the way, really, when you say dual citizen, they're really dual residency. Yes, but there's no official document that makes it dual residency. Nobody keeps track of that. What they do keep track of is this, you can only have a voter registration at one address, and you can only have jury duty at one address, and you can only have a driver's license at want address. And what happened, obviously is they consider an ID a substitute for a driver's license. So when you so, when they did an audit of the records, it looks like you have two licenses. I understand it's not. It's an ID. But to them, you shouldn't have both an ID and a license in different states. Okay, you can only have one ID or one license. You can't have both in different states. That's facture. In fact, you can't have both in the same state. I can see where it was an innocent mistake on your part. Martin. You just got an idea out there. But let me ask you, why did you get an idea out there if you had a Colorado driver's license?
Speaker 7: Because I I have a handout and to get they had? Is it what's called commner rates?
Speaker 2: You have the tourist I get you, No, I'll get you. You did it to take advantage of the pricing. I get it.
Speaker 6: We have to take your break. We'll be right back. That could almost be voter fraud.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two eight Heating dot com forty five dollars cleaning and check if your furnace and these are great people. They also do great high efficiency and hybrid systems eight eight eight Heating dot com. And if you need any kind of stem cell therapy Denverregen dot com. I'm telling you I can testify to the fact that they do a great job, Doctor Joel. Yeah, no, seriously, Denverregen dot com. The guys are really good and economical as well. Denver Regen dot com. Let's talk to uh Marty, Marty and Martin. We'd like Deputy d over here Dimitri to get in touch with you off the air and try to help you if you want, Martin, do you want us to try to help get that license reinstated, Yes.
Speaker 7: Ma'am, Yes, sir, I do. Yeah, every kind he blew off the handle because you said it might be they considered it.
Speaker 2: No, no they he didn't mean that you did it intentionally. No, no, no, no, I didn't mean that at all.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm saying the reason they don't, one of the many reasons they don't allow multiple IDs from different states, is that means you could vote in two different states.
Speaker 2: It looks like fraud. I'm not saying you did this intentionally. I think you thought, wait a minute, I can't get a license here. I have one in Colorado. I'll have to get an ID here. And I know exactly why you did it, but I think it's being interpreted as either fraud or not allowed. And so Katschina get his information forwarded to Deputy d who, by the way, now has a troubleshooter.
Speaker 10: You.
Speaker 2: No, we might have somebody.
Speaker 6: Is he trying to get the license in colorad In Colorado? Yes, we have someone I believe Susan does at DMV.
Speaker 2: This might be a good way to backdoor that. Actually, let's try, but Dimitri's on standby Brian. What's going on with you? Brian? Welcome to the show. What's happening?
Speaker 8: Heany?
Speaker 14: Tom?
Speaker 20: Thanks for taking the call again. I got a question about hiring an attorney for an auto accident that does not have any injuries.
Speaker 2: What are you trying to get out of it? What is your goal Brian?
Speaker 20: About getting fifteen thousand dollars or more for a vehicle that got damaged by running a stop sign?
Speaker 2: Okay, are they claiming they're not guilty and it was your son's fault?
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 20: In fact, he admitted that he did it to the officer. They gave him a ticket. I think he went to court and I just I just talked to my son just the other day and he apparently has got a court date now taking that guy to court and he has contact the Uh yeah, but hold on.
Speaker 2: You say, Hi, why do you have to hire it? Do you have a judgment?
Speaker 20: Not yet?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: No, hold on, I'll come right back to you. I'm sorry I got behind here. Hold on, We'll come right back to you. I'm Tom Martine. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, folks, listen three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: We've got another hour coming up.
Speaker 6: If you've been ripped off, taken advantage of, maybe you just want to tell us about some scumbag that has made your life.
Speaker 2: I want to hear from you.
Speaker 6: Three zero three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino. I'll finish up or try to get to the next part with Brian. Brian called up Sun got into a car accident. He's calling for some advice. But what I don't understand if the other person got the ticket, Brian, why is your son going to court?
Speaker 2: I don't get that.
Speaker 20: I believe it's called restitution.
Speaker 6: Where oh beautiful, that's all you have to say, so hold on now, that I get that, we're going to get to the bottom of it, and I might even pull up one of our attorneys to come on. So hold on. Andrew has got a problem with an old apartment.
Speaker 2: We're going to.
Speaker 6: Figure out what that's about. Everybody, hold tight. This is the Troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two ripped off News.
Speaker 1: You need advice who you don't have? Run anxious as fast as you can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 6: Now, Tom Martinez, welcome, Welcome to the show, the only show of its kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints.
Speaker 2: We want to help.
Speaker 6: You and make your life a little bit better you've been ripped off or taken advantage of. We have solve problems to the tune of over three hundred million dollars three hundred million in cash, merchandise, exchanges, refunds, services, you name it, we have tackled it. I don't care if it's a problem with a landlord, a contractor a dentist. We've had issues with Denis that are absolutely unbelievable. And I'll just say this as an example, real quick. We actually add a dentist a couple of years ago, maybe a little longer, three four years ago, that refused to adjust Uh it's on orthodontists. They refuse to adjust the braces on a teenager because the mother missed a couple payments. You know, you pay a couple hundred bucks a month, they get braces. She was back a couple his mouth was moving and shifting and the braces were cutting into his gums, and the dentist refused to adjust them because the mother couldn't pay.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: Of course, we got involved and we got that taken care of. But that's just an idea of what we do. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino. That number works on and off the air. Now Brian called last hour. Here's the bottom line. There was a car accident and it was the other person's fault. Brian ended up going to court, and it's a very good thing he did because he is seeking restitution. So I assume he went to the trial of the guy that hit him. Is that correct, Brian?
Speaker 20: Actually, not exactly.
Speaker 8: It was my son, Yeah, go ahead, he's.
Speaker 20: Got a court date. He did receive a letter from the app Repo Counties DA got it about restitution. So and then he then my son starts talking out, you know, out of the side of his mouth, saying I'll just get one of those big attorney firms and go after the guy. And I go, wait a minute, before you do that, let me do some research.
Speaker 2: Well hold one, yeah, go ahead, Bryan, I'll let you finish. Keep coming.
Speaker 20: Well, I was thinking, you know, if he's going to go to court himself, does he actually need attorney representation or is he okay with just using the DA there.
Speaker 6: Well, there's there's a few things here I need to really understand. So the accident, what exactly happened, not not exactly. But did he get rear end? It rear ended, sideswiped.
Speaker 20: Well, it was a four way stop got it was my son and my son's turn to go through the stop sign.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 20: He started to go through and this guy apparently didn't see the stop sign.
Speaker 2: Of blue throat. Wow, that's what So he got t boned.
Speaker 20: Lral. He just took off his front bumper and his lights and that.
Speaker 7: Okay about it.
Speaker 2: Was there any injuries?
Speaker 13: None?
Speaker 7: Whatsoever? None?
Speaker 2: Whatsoever? Does the other person have insurance?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 20: In fact, that's what happened.
Speaker 2: And hiring.
Speaker 6: First of all, there's not an attorney in the world that would touch this without in it without injuries, there's no reason there. There's absolutely no purpose you need to tell him to hire an attorney. If you add injuries, you still would talk to attorneys. But over this, it doesn't matter. If there is no insurance and he's going to show up to that court date, he needs to bring whatever estimates he has and the judge will grant whatever restitution needs to be paid. That's what's going to happen. Whether that person has a job and will actually pay is something else.
Speaker 2: But there is no reason.
Speaker 6: I can't even imagine why he thinks he should hire an attorney.
Speaker 20: He goes really deep into things like we'll buy a new car, and then he'll decide to go get a new clutch for it because he doesn't want it to go out on him while he's driving it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so there's no reason in fact, compared to getting a civil judgment on this let's say it's a thousand bucks. Compared to getting a civil judgment, restitution does something way more important. And what that is is the court's going to stay on their case to pay it, and if the person ever goes bankrupt, the restitution will stay, where a judgment on an accident like that will go away. So, I mean, there's no reason whatsoever for him to hire an attorney.
Speaker 16: What does the UIM come in this case?
Speaker 6: Well, there's no it would come in absolutely nowhere as far as because there's no injuries.
Speaker 16: Oh, it's only for not properly damage.
Speaker 6: Well, then I was going to ask Brian that does your son have full coverage where he could just turn this over to his own insurance company.
Speaker 20: Show a quick little story on that. When he purchased this vehicle, he went online to and I think it was progressive he checked all the boxes of what he wants for insurance and called it good. But what he didn't realize when there's a box he could check for collision and you am I he when he checked those that jacked the price up on the insurance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course he removed.
Speaker 20: He removed them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he and you and in the state of Colorado. By the way, well, I'm not going to get into that stuff. But yeah, so that's what he's got to do. Restitution not only is the best way for him to go forward.
Speaker 2: To me, it's the only way. There's no purpose in having an attorney.
Speaker 20: So okay, And that's what I was trying to get through, is I go, when do I need to get an attorney for him? Or he does? Hell now it sounds like will go ahead and fallow forward with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and let's hope he gets that. Let's hope the person that hit him actually as a job. I just want to ask you this. Did the guy have a license and just no insurance or neither.
Speaker 20: That's the funny thing. He claims that he bought the truck the day before. He had no registration for the truck nor insurance, Yet they impounded the truck and he walked away without getting arrested, so he must have had had a license.
Speaker 2: Now they'll let you.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you, Denver let you go without a license. I'm sure of it. I mean they you know, I'm not going to get into that part of it. But there's lots of people that don't have a license, don't have insurance, get pulled over, and some of them leave in their car.
Speaker 2: So that's just the way it is.
Speaker 20: And yeah, because they allowed him to get his tools out of his truck and threw it into his friend's truck.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's so funny. I think about this.
Speaker 6: This guy runs the stop sign, luckily doesn't injure Brian's kid, but messes his car up. Good has no insurance and they allow him to grab his tools and grab everything else, but he has no way of paying this guy.
Speaker 2: For the damage. It's it's crazy.
Speaker 6: It's upside down, man, the world is upside down.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the call, Brian.
Speaker 20: Thanks Mark, take caure.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 6: Three three seven one three A two five five. You know you vote a certain way. I'm not getting to get political here, but if you want certain things and you vote a certain way, you are going to get those things, so we shouldn't bitch when those things happen.
Speaker 2: And if you can.
Speaker 6: Follow that logic, which most of you can, you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Andrea, what's going on? Andrea?
Speaker 13: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello, Andrea? What's going on with your apartment?
Speaker 10: Hello?
Speaker 18: Okay, So my parents moved into apartment in.
Speaker 10: Two thousand and five.
Speaker 18: Okay, in August of this year. We've decided we needed a bigger place because I have my kids and everything, and this new management that has been there for a couple of years, they never did anything to fix it. Correct, and so now that we moved out, they want to charge us for blinds after nineteen.
Speaker 6: Andrea, let me, I want to clarify one thing. I heard exactly what you said, but I'm not sure you meant to say it. You guys moved in there twenty years ago, in two thousand and five. Yes, correct, Okay, so you've been there nineteen years.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 6: So I'm sorry, keep going now you want to move out because you need a bigger place.
Speaker 18: Yeah, so we moved into the same apartment complex into a three bedroom.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, same, we're there, got it?
Speaker 18: Yeah, Well, since we're there, They want to charge us for blinds because there's no blinds in the apartment. They want to charge us for the soovepans. They want to charge us for the fridge cleaning, that the fridge was already really old, even like the freezer wouldn't close anymore because of so.
Speaker 6: So Andrea, hold on a second, are they trying to keep money out of your security deposit from the original unit you were in for nineteen years to pay for the stuff you just said? Is that kind of what they're doing?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I.
Speaker 18: Mean right now, are what a mom too? Is about two.
Speaker 2: Hundred dollars and that's for and that's for stuff like blinds.
Speaker 6: And you said, like the stovepan that little uh you know, it captures the crud that comes out in our case, the macaroni and cheese when our kids were little. But yeah, I get that. What else?
Speaker 18: Yeah, so its pest control for seven days. They say that by law of the state of Colorado, everybody has to have pest control.
Speaker 6: Even wait, they want to charge you for pest control for the old unit or the new unit.
Speaker 2: The old unit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, and this is when you're moving out nineteen years later. Yeah, I'm going to tell you something. I got to put you on hold to take this break. I don't like one thing they're doing. I don't even understand their logic. You've been there nineteen years. They should be on their hands and knees thanking God for a tenant that has been there nineteen years then moves to the same complex. I cannot believe they're trying to nickel and dimeya on stuff that they probably should be replacing after nineteen years. Kelly, I would like to give Brad O'Brien on. By the way, we've got a couple lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five y five, Hold tight.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. We're trying to get our attorney on Kelly's reached out to Brad O'Brien or I'm sorry, Mackenzie, did I say Brad O'Brien. Yeah, that is who I want. Of course, that's who I want. I'm sorry. I'm losing it here, so I'm going to go back to the call, but hopefully we can get the attorney to reach back.
Speaker 2: But Andrea, here's the deal.
Speaker 6: They're saying that when you moved in nineteen years ago, the blinds were there, and there now they're not. Yeah, I don't care if they're many blinds after nineteen years. Trying to charge you for those is absolutely wrong. I don't care what anybody out there is saying, nineteen years many blinds are worth zero?
Speaker 16: Are a blind there?
Speaker 2: No, there's no blinds.
Speaker 18: Well, there's no blind right now. And they're charging for painting, and the.
Speaker 6: Just say did they ever paint? Have they painted that old place in the last few months?
Speaker 18: No, my dad was painted, and he's had to change out the carpet because last year in July we needed a carpet and a carpet. Obviously, it was already there.
Speaker 6: For eighteen years, and they're trying to charge that wrong with it, So, Doc, it's exactly what I said. They're trying to charge her for nineteen year old carpet and there's no carpet in the world that lasts that long. They're trying to charge her for things.
Speaker 18: So the carpet, the carpet, my dad changed it out last year in July because it was really gross. I had my baby and it was unsanitary for him.
Speaker 2: What is his place? Doc, you want this one or do you want? I can give it to d I'll talk to them.
Speaker 16: I want to know what's going what's going on are they I'll talk to what's the total amount they're.
Speaker 2: Charging right now?
Speaker 18: It's like a two hundred dollars, So.
Speaker 2: They're charging her twelve hundred.
Speaker 16: Bucks and how much you just security deposit?
Speaker 2: It was three.
Speaker 18: Hundred dollars, so they already took that out from that, so they charged.
Speaker 2: Her fifteen hundred bucks.
Speaker 16: So they say you owe them twelve hundred more.
Speaker 2: But the important part is this, Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: They're charging her first stuff that after nineteen years would be replaced. Absolutely, it's gone, there's no value to anything they're talking about. And then if you can't get.
Speaker 2: Through to them. This is one I would like to light up.
Speaker 6: Is this a big apartment complex or is this some little landlord?
Speaker 2: What are we talking about?
Speaker 18: So there are apartment complex, their apartments are metal lark.
Speaker 2: Apartments metal lark, Yes?
Speaker 9: And where are they choy strength?
Speaker 16: Are they charge you anything to move into the new apartment?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 18: They charged the deposit. And then so with our old apartment, they charged the pet deposit.
Speaker 10: What was a pet pee?
Speaker 18: So for the new ones she charged another petpee because she said that the old pet deposit was for the old apartment and not the new one.
Speaker 16: That makes sense, Well, only only a pet fee is that's the only thing they charge you yet.
Speaker 6: But if it's a pet deposit, it should go to the new one, unless if there was a problem with it. But if it's a fee, you're gonna have to pay that regardless.
Speaker 18: Yeah, so we're not complaining about that.
Speaker 10: But okay, yeah, she's just why do you.
Speaker 6: Think they're being Why do you think they're being so hard ass with you?
Speaker 2: Honestly? I mean, like I said, you've been there nineteen years.
Speaker 18: Yeah, that's what I told the manager. I was like, it's a lack of consideration. And then I was like, how you expect everything to be nice? I was like, I don't know if you don't have kids. I was like, but kids can be messy. And then she's like, yeah, but I clean, you're but you're not say that we don't clean.
Speaker 6: Even listen, none of that matters, None of that's even right. What you've got to understand is that the diminished value of everything we talked about doesn't matter. If it's a carpet or a mini blind that costs twenty bucks, it's nineteen years old. There is zero value associated with any of that anymore. The paint on the walls after nineteen years, you got a paint. When someone moves out, they once again should be on their hands and knees, thanking God. You were their tenant for nineteen years and you still are after they're trying to pull this crap off. So we're gonna we're gonna work on this one big time. Hold on and Kelly is gonna get your information, and let's not lose this. I want to follow up on this freaking every day if we have to. I can't believe it nineteen years, nineteen years and they're trying to screw her for twelve hundred bucks. What the hell's wrong with you people? Metal Lark, it's crazy now in studio by the way, Stephanie Thomas realtor Extraordinary Pike's Peak region, right, Yes, so you go everywhere from where say Monument.
Speaker 4: To Yeah, I'll do as far as Castle Rocks, So Castle Rock, Teler County, ol Paso County.
Speaker 6: How about what's hell Passo? Does that include what's the town down the road?
Speaker 2: Oh, Pueblo, Pueblo.
Speaker 4: I will go as far as like Pueblo West, but don't do a whole lot in Pueblo.
Speaker 2: So I would Why is that it's just too far?
Speaker 4: Not necessarily, I just don't know that area as well. So if that's the case, if I had somebody contact me for there that I couldn't assist. You know, areas are absolutely I do the Teller County, which is Woodland Park Divide, Cripple Creek.
Speaker 6: How long is that area in general? The growth up there? I got something in the mail. Apparently they built a.
Speaker 2: New casino up there. It's supposed to be fancy. They did. There's a new casino in Cripple Creek.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of new construction out there too, town home communities, So I'm seeing some of that up in Cripple Creek, all right.
Speaker 2: So the whole area Teller County is growing.
Speaker 4: It absolutely is a lot of new homes, a lot of apartment there are. There's a lot of town homes I'm seeing in Woodland Park as well.
Speaker 2: And we've needed those for a while.
Speaker 6: Frank durand the real estate man Denver Metro here, what's the furthest you go south?
Speaker 5: So South Castle Rock, North, Longmont, Longmont, Kingsburg to Golden everything in between east and west.
Speaker 6: Okay, very cool man. How many listenings do you have up right now?
Speaker 5: Twenty twenty one, twenty two, I'm putting up six tonight.
Speaker 2: How many do you How many do you close in a given month? If you don't mind me asking.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, Mark, it varies. We've had months where we've closed around eighteen twenty and it's incredible. Yeah, it depends on the month. But yeah, this has been a real.
Speaker 2: Busy Go with a sure thing, Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait, time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right both three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martina. Don't forget, and I mean it, don't forget. We help people on and off the air. That three oh three Martino works all the time. Hey wait, we're I don't know what happened to Cassandra. Oh, we got her information, We got everything for you.
Speaker 7: Doc.
Speaker 6: You're gonna call and try to help her out. But it is ridiculous for that apartment complex. I mean, Andrea or Andrea after all those years to try to collect on a mini blind after nineteen years.
Speaker 16: It's who was holding on about the dentist?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know what was that update? What was that update? Kelly?
Speaker 21: So Tom initially handled the call and he actually knows the trustee. That's involved with the case, so we rescheduled it for tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's got something to do with the bankruptcy and the dentist, right, yes, yeah, I think I recall a little bit about that.
Speaker 21: Yeah, so she actually there were multiple people who were basically scammed by this dentist.
Speaker 2: And she had a list of a bunch of them.
Speaker 21: Correct, and then he absconded with all of their money.
Speaker 6: God, I'll tell you a professional like that. I mean, I don't, hey, doc, a dentist stir a doctor that takes money, you know. I mean, right now, we're assuming you did and then goes bankrupt. Do they at least lose their license automatically?
Speaker 16: Now, well, they they probably will. But you know, it always pisces me off because, like Heber National, you know, we are health to a higher authority. Yeah, and we are in a position that people trust us. And when I see somebody abuse that trust, it really gets my goat, because no, go it gives the rest of us a bad name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not really.
Speaker 6: I think when most people think of doctors or even denis, they don't really think of They don't think of those.
Speaker 16: Very few people, I hope not.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean think of all the schooling and the residency and everything you went through. I mean, most people that are going to be stealing money aren't going to be going through that, right. I mean, that's that's my thoughts. You know, I wanted to talk to everybody about something that I've witnessed, and it's kind of crazy. There's a lot of bigger companies. Now what they'll do is they'll buy up Mond Pause, and let's talk about HVAC companies and I'm just randomly grabbing a home service. You'll have someone approach you, and there's a lot of people listening right now that we're probably in this boat and probably sold to them. But what will happen is someone will come in and basically take ownership of the company by the name, by the business, and then that person that used to own it will still run it. And then all of a sudden, there's multiple different companies, and I mean a lot of different companies, maybe ten of these little tiny mind paws that are owned by someone out of state, and you don't even know it anymore. So I really want you to kind of start looking at who you're dealing with. And I don't care if it's garage or people. I don't care. I really don't care what it is. If it's some form of home service that seems to be where this trend is going now. It's not all negative, and I mean that. And why it's not all negative is a lot of people. When I was in the automotive business, for example, there was a lot of technicians that would decide, oh, my god, Mark's making so much money at this store. I can go out instead of getting paid hourly or know per work job, I can go out and open my own business or work out of my garage and make a lot more. Well, no, it just never works out. They're good at fixing cars, they're horrible at managing a business. And there's people that are in between. They're good at fixing stuff, they're good at running a business, but they don't know how to make real money. They know how to barely break even and pay their own salary. They're not building the wealth of the business, but they might be taking a good salary. And there's a big difference. You want to do both. You want to build the net worth of that business that's its own entity, and of course you want to pay yourself for what you do. Every day, whether you're the sales guy or the technician or whatever. So when these companies come in and buy out a small operator and they do teach them how to make money, they really do. They teach them like you have to you can't charge fifty dollars for this because you barely break.
Speaker 2: Even on it.
Speaker 6: You have to charge more, or you can't spend money over here because it's crazy, or you have the wrong kind of insurance or different reasons like that. It's almost like they're creating their own franchise model with all these different things, and there's good to it and there's bad to it. What I'd like to do is hear from somebody that is sold to one of these companies. But I'm afraid. I'm afraid there's probably a lot of contractual agreements in place to where they're not even.
Speaker 2: Supposed to talk about it.
Speaker 6: But I was dealing with one today and I was amazed. They bought a small company here that I've dealt with in the past, Good Company. And I was amazed when I went to their website how many of the small companies they own. I mean, it's zy and they keep the name. You would never know the original owner and family are gone. It's just bonkers, man, I gotta take a break to a hold tight all right, both three oh three seven one three A two five five, don't forget three oh three. Martino works on and off the air, and you can always email us at helpatroubleshooter dot com. You know, Frank durand the real estate man. Any thoughts before you guys go when it comes to real estate honestly, and Stephanie Thomas, I'm gonna give your phone numbers out and I can vouch for both of you. Just the best realtors around and that's it. You guys sell for more money than other realtors. You sell more. I mean, it's just an incredible thing. And you can always look where can people go look at stats? I mean most people don't have access to MLS, right, that is a.
Speaker 5: Great question mark. I think l's probably your best source. Yeah, it directly from the MLS.
Speaker 2: But can Joe blow log into MLS and look at stats? Not quite No, so it is weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not sure that they can.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's no I no, they'd have to have an MLS number.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get let's get off of that. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 6: There's Zillo, Realtor dot Com mls, and I'm sure a handful of others.
Speaker 2: I'm not thinking about.
Speaker 6: How do those work? When you come over and list my house. If I'm selling it and you put me on mls, that's a given, right Almost everybody uses that. Do I automatically appear up on Zillo?
Speaker 5: Yes? You do. Now, now there is an option for Zillo platform which it costs extra. I'm part of that.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 5: What that allows is it puts you in front of our eyes, so you pay extra for it, which we do, and it just gives you a little extra feature and better visibility. Actually it's a nicer platform.
Speaker 2: But it's it's still Zilla.
Speaker 5: It is it is.
Speaker 2: It's like, it's pay to use Zillo, right exactly. And then how about Realtor dot Com.
Speaker 5: Same thing goes on relter dot com.
Speaker 2: So you pay a little extra, you a better placement.
Speaker 5: That just goes automatic. Doesn't have the showcase, Yeah, they don't have the showcase. Correct.
Speaker 4: I also do Zillo showcase for my listenings.
Speaker 6: Now why would showcase what? I guess I'm not understanding it. What what is different? Because I look at when I'm looking in Louisiana for properties. I go to Zilo and I put in the area I want, and I put in all this stuff and it shows me the homes. Are you saying that.
Speaker 20: The sponsored eds you see on Google when you start search something, they're just the first thing that you see.
Speaker 2: Is that what Zillo does? Yeah, that's a good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I put you on in front of more people in the presence.
Speaker 2: Like if if you paid for that on my house algorithms. Yeah, yeah, it's a better it's more.
Speaker 5: A prettier presentation.
Speaker 6: By the way, all right, listen, Frank durand the real estate man Stephanie Thomas, both of them. Here's Stephanie's number seven two zero two sixty zero nine one eight seven two zero two sixty zero nine one eight. They'll both do free evaluations on your house, no pressure. They'll let you know what it's worth. Frank Durand three oh three nine twenty sixteen, twenty two