Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you Jr.
Speaker 2: All right, Bulldog, I know we had some interesting activity in the NFL yesterday, but hey, the Magic you called it man that they're rampaging into the home stretch of the regular season.
Speaker 3: They went again last night one eleven to one oh four over the hapless Charlotte Hornets. Paalo ban Carol again thirty points or more. He racks up thirty two points. That's his fourth straight thirty plus point performance. The Franz a Franz Wagner he had twenty six points. Anthony Black came off the bench with twenty points after having seventeen off the bench against the Lakers, and the Magic have won three games in a row for the first time in almost four months, believe it or not. And Pallo is playing lights out right now. He joined Shack t Mac and Dwight Howard as the only Magic player to score thirty plus points in at least four consecutive games, so he's rounding in the form. The Franz has been playing well all season long, Anthony Black starting to emerge. The Magic again have won three games in a row for the first time since.
Speaker 1: December. First, I think, so last. Hopefully Bedjero Pylo. Hopefully he learns from Dwight Howard saying, Hey, I regret leaving Orlando and stays here and just has children, not as many as Dwight, but as children, and makes everything home here and brings us the title.
Speaker 3: Well, Dwight actually said that the other day he goes. Somebody asked me if he had any advice for Pillow Bankera, and Dwight said, stay, don't ever leave there.
Speaker 2: You go, hey, bulldog. If you and Taco happened to have been a hockey fans or supporters of the Lightning, there would have been a house that taste pitch thrown out there this morning after the six to one win last night in Tampa.
Speaker 1: How did that take? I can't believe you took the bait. I would have just said no, I don't know if there would have been all right.
Speaker 2: Hey, all right, this NFL news. We had some interesting signings yesterday.
Speaker 3: We did. Indeed, let's start with the bit. I guess it's the big one. Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson is going to the New York Giants. He's leaving the Steelers. He signs a one year deal with the Giants. I was sort of hoping the Giants were gonna hang with Jamis Winston, who they signed a few days ago. I think that would have been a lot more fun if Jameis Winston were quarterbacking the Giants. But it looks like Russell Wilson is projected to be the starter, although he only signed a one year deal, so they're they're getting him pretty cheap.
Speaker 2: What about all the conjecture that the Giants were gonna try to land Shador Sanders.
Speaker 3: Well they still could. I mean these are only these are only deal, Yeah, OK, yeah, I mean Russell Wilson's on a one year deal, Jamis Winston's. It's it's publicized as a two year deal, but only one year is guaranteed. So though, yeah, they could still draft Schador Sanders and you know, essentially bring him along slowly. So these guys aren't their quarterbacks of the future, There's no question about that. Stefan Diggs also signs with the New England Patriots. The Patriots really won at Chris Godwin of the Bucks, but he re signed with the Buccaneers for less money than the Patriots were actually offering him. So the Patriots settled on Stefan Diggs, who's pretty still pretty good even though Stefan Diggs is thirty one years old now suffered a season in the ACL injury last season with the Texans. So I think that's a decent signing for the Patriots. Did you see this story, by the way, good lord so Standford.
Speaker 1: Yesterday the fire it's football coach.
Speaker 3: They fired their football coach, and they fired him a few days after ESPN reported that this football coach, Troy Taylor, was bullying and belittling female athletic staffers and a lot of inappropriate stuff going on with his football coach. So here we are, the middle of you know, the middle of March, getting ready to be April. They fire their football coach, and yesterday they essentially said, yeah, we had some second thoughts about you know, you know, you know, is this the guy to lead us into the future. And I'm thinking to myself, you didn't have any second thoughts. ESPN just brought it to public light and then you decided to fire him. Nobody fires a coach at the end of March when this stuff had been going on forever. Just typical of college athletics, just brushing stuff under the rug until it's dug up and then they have to do something. It's disgusting. The first Stanford should know better, the first official act of general manager Andrew Luck of the Stanford Cardinal. Right, yeah, Andrew Luck. He comes in and says, oh, yeah, I've reviewed the situation. You didn't review the situation. ESPN reviewed the situation and made you fire the coach.
Speaker 2: God, all right, all right, bol dog, do you have anything else to share with us this morning?
Speaker 3: Richard Patino, son of Rick Patino, he has taken the job at the Xavier. He leaves New Mexico. So he's one of the hot coaching on the move in the coaching rank. So good for Richard Patino, Rick's son.
Speaker 2: All right, big day tomorrow, opening day in Major League Baseball across the league, and also the start of the Sweet sixteen round of March Madness. So a lot to discuss tomorrow.
Speaker 3: The Gators played tomorrow and I ain't against Maryland. Cannot wait for that one.
Speaker 2: I saw that the Gators coach was able to work a deal to get his players and crew into his favorite old restaurant there in the Bay Area, some.
Speaker 3: Italian Italian Yeah so yeah. Originally they got turned down because the party was too big, so but it made it made national news, so I guess they made room for him.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I looked at the I just for the s's and g's. Looked at the menu for the original Joe's Italian eatery. H boy, boy, is it a pricey menu? It is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gator's gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Huh, yeah, they will be all right. He is Mike the Bulldog Bianchy, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty ninety six to ninety game weekday mornings. A jacon do that's taking time out of his show to join us here to fill us in for the sports page each morning on j R R.
Speaker 3: By the way, a belated Happy birthday to Elton John yesterday and a happy Birthday to Kenny Chesney today. Ohio on demand to download the iHeartRadio