Speaker 1: Ripped news advice, so you don't have come running as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 2: Man, This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez, welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only show of it's kin.
Speaker 3: We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take your complaints, make your life a little bit better.
Speaker 2: To the tune of over. Listen to this number. Three hundred million dollars million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds.
Speaker 3: Directly due to this show. Wake up out there, Today's Car Day. You got any car issues? I've got a great group of folks in as usual on car Day. Kevin Cokin shared in Auto Tech, Kevin, what's been going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: You doing good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, same same, just staying busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: Just once again, we got so used to the sixties seventies. I thought you'd be doing air conditioning services this week.
Speaker 5: I've done this month.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 5: It started early.
Speaker 2: People are going to start thinking of that real quick. Rod Greer jfr Cars, how's the car business man?
Speaker 5: Loving it? You selling a lot, selling a few cars, a lot of the new cars. There's a lot of new brokerage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of some new incentives are going on right now, trying to get the people's attention.
Speaker 3: We'll get into that. Man, I'm really curious about the incentives. In fact, I'll tell everybody kind of what I'm looking at, and it's pretty nuts. And I think there's going to be more incentives to come. I have no idea what's going to happen with these tariffs now, and I'm talking just Canada and car parts. My god, I have no clue. One minute, I think, oh, my god, every car is going to be twelve grand higher. Next thing, I go, no, I don't think so. So I mean, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: And why when I learned that we build cars like this, it drove me crazy.
Speaker 3: So they'll like build a part in Mexico and then they'll ship that part to the US, so that part comes across the border. Then for some reason it goes to Canada. Then for some reason it comes back to the US as a full car. I didn't know one part could travel to all three nations, and I find that just dumb. I mean, honest to god, I had no idea it worked that way, and it doesn't work that way for all parts. But it's kind of crazy if it starks in Mexico, comes to US and then it ships over to build the frame out maybe, and then they put.
Speaker 2: The body on in the US. I mean, I have no idea how they do it. I'd like back in the day when we actually built the cars here, how about you guys.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, but a lot of the imported cars quote import it built here, and it Hana Arteta that makes most of their cars here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of them makes almost all of them, like Kentucky Overgmiah those places.
Speaker 3: I think Tesla makes quite a few here. Yeah, I mean, yeah, there's some that make them all here.
Speaker 5: Honda is going to open up a plant here.
Speaker 3: They we're going to do the big one in Mexico right right right, and now they're bringing it here. But I think that was even pre tariff. I think that was more of a Trump deal.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: But the incentives are there now and I don't know they weren't there before, so I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I've always said this about tariffs. I find it crazy that you can go to some other countries and you don't see Ford trucks, Chevy trucks, Dodge.
Speaker 2: You don't see our products. They just simply cost too much, right.
Speaker 5: I had read an article that it was nine cars for every one car. That's crazy. That's going to another nation.
Speaker 2: And if you think about the US, our diversification on cars is absolutely insane.
Speaker 5: Think about it.
Speaker 3: If you look around, you see Toyota, you see Nissan, you see Kiya, you see Hondi, you see Ford, you see Chevy, you see Tesla, and I'm missing a bunch. And then all the Germans, so I mean Lucie, Audi and Mercedes. But my god, we have everything here. We have everything everything. In fact, I don't even know what the biggest seller is. You know, I've been in that line of car. I've been a Hondai guy forever, purely based on warranty, and I know Kia has it, but I can't. My daughter was like, oh, I really like the look of the Nissan and she's looking to get in a car, and I said, well, make sure you look at the warranty, and that's all I said to her. The next day I heard from her, she goes, you know, that's only a thirty six hoousand mile warranty, and the Hondai and the ki are one hundred.
Speaker 6: It's like, yeah, it makes sense, you know, for getting a kid in there and you don't have to worry about that kid for the next five years through college.
Speaker 5: Well, this would be her, this would be her first she buys car. Okay. So she's done with law school this year, okay.
Speaker 3: And she's looking out of her own pocket for once. I love that part of life, gentlemen. My favorite part of life so far as when the kids start buying everything.
Speaker 6: I haven't gotten there yet, old yours. They're twenty four to twenty three and twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're still flipping the tab, aren't you?
Speaker 7: On some stuff?
Speaker 5: I got lucky.
Speaker 2: She's coming out. She's got a nice job lined up.
Speaker 3: She's gonna be working for Dan Kaplis actually, and my son's kicking ass in Nebraska working for Walmart. And he hasn't been on our dime since he was twenty two. It's twenty two behind. Yeah, I just now, I just got to figure out the wife. She's probably listening. I gotta watch he Usually she's next to me, and I know i'd feel the yelbow.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: It's really interesting walk well.
Speaker 9: People west of the Mississippi always say the wife. The wife people Becky's always say my wife. Well, when I grew up in Jersey, I hate to say it. I get if I say this on air, not not in the terms I'm going to say it now. But I was in the habit of saying the old lady.
Speaker 2: And then the other one. I'd always get yelled for on the air if I got mad at someone. And this was back when I was doing more general talk on KOWA, so years ago is I'd say, you know that broad really pissed me off. And let me tell you, women do not like being called broad. So I've readapted. I'm not a dinosaur, I know how to change. Let's put it that way, all right.
Speaker 3: Three three seven, one, three eight, two five five. You've been ripped off taking advantage of just want to talk. We love talking to you. That's what this show's about. We're basically a place for everybody to get together and talk about what's going on, who's doing things right, who's doing things wrong, who's ripping who off? And we love going after the bad guys, whether it's a contractor or dentist, a lawyer or landlord.
Speaker 2: And we love recouping money for you.
Speaker 3: If you have tried other means and you can't get someone's attention, you should try us. And I'll tell you why we use the power of the media to go after the scumbags. I'll put it like that, three zero three seven to one, three eight two five five three oh three Martino.
Speaker 2: That number works when we're live. It also works over the weekend, at night anytime. If we don't answer, leave a message. I promise we'll get back to you and then help HLP at troubleshooter dot com. By the way, real quick, and I'm going to go to Julie. She's got a problem with stretch lab. Not even sure what that is. But this hour brought to you by Paul the Waterman. Some of the best water systems out there for less and I'm not kidding you. This guy has a system right now under four thousand, under four thousand dollars. Listen to this.
Speaker 5: It does everything.
Speaker 3: Not only does it bring down the chlorine levels, it gets rid of forever chemicals, those plastics that are everywhere, It gets rid of those in the whole house. Then on top of that, on top of that, it's a water softener and you also get a reverse osmosis system for the kitchen. You get everything for under four thousand dollars. Other companies ten fifteen thousand without even blinking on all of that. Check them out at waterpros dot net. That's waterpros dot net. Now I need to understand. I think I actually heard of Hey, Julie, I think I have heard of stretch Lab. Isn't that like a exercise place like with a monthly subscription?
Speaker 5: And what is it like yoga? What is it?
Speaker 10: First of all, well, it's it's an assisted living studio. Boy, was I off stretching? Yeah, assisted stretching studio where they have lexologist. Okay, just you and lengthening and stretching and strengthening you know, muscles when you're in surgery discovery, or you have a disability, or you're a senior citizen like me where things are kind of tightening up, but I don't want to be able to move better.
Speaker 5: It looks really cool.
Speaker 3: It says one on one assisted stretches with mobility experts, decrease pain, hit your reset button, feel better, find a studio near you. Yeah, okay, cool, it's kind of like assisted yoga. How's that with flexologists. Well, what's going on with them? What kind of problem were you having?
Speaker 10: Well it was It was great for the first year and a half. They opened the studio in Long Lunch, which I became a member of. And but in November of last year we got this notice. All the clients got to notice. It belonged to the Long Mounth studio that said they'll be closing in two weeks. And you know, that was all the notice we had. I don't know if everybody had an automatic withdrawal on their How much.
Speaker 5: Were you paying per month? How did that work?
Speaker 10: Well, it paid you pay per stretch and per length of stretch. So my membership was for four stretches a month at twenty five minutes a stretch.
Speaker 11: You could do a you could do fifty.
Speaker 10: Minute stretches, whatever.
Speaker 12: So they all varied.
Speaker 10: Mine was kind of the low end membership of one hundred and seventy nine dollars a month.
Speaker 3: So for one hundred and seventy nine bucks a month, you could get how many I just want to understand their their their sales. Here you get how many times can you go in for a half hour? Roughly four times, okay, and that's what you were paying. Now is that a yearly You pay monthly, but it's a yearly sign up.
Speaker 5: How does that work?
Speaker 10: Well, it kind of yeah, it felt that way where you just kind of I mean, I didn't sign any contractual careerment for a year or anything. But okay, you could pause your membership like let's say you were going to go on vacation or something like that. You could pause your membership for a month.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: So ultimately, so ultimately, let me fast forward real quick. Where are we at right now?
Speaker 10: Well, right now, I'm trying to get the refunds for the money that was deducted from my checking account the day they announosure.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a second, did they charge you after so they closed down and they still charged you?
Speaker 10: Not exactly they I got the email from them that they were closing the same day. Half it was kind of a happenstance that my you know, card is charged.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not so sure that was a happenstance. Hold on a second. So she got charged the same day. You know what, I'd be upset too. You go to pay for that month coming up and that very day you get an email saying we're closing. That's a little strange. Hold on, we're going to dig into that after this. We got two lines open three zero three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Humpus Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Right three oh three.
Speaker 2: Seven one three eighty two five five three zero three Martino? Did I come back early on that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: I started looking down. I was still offline so I could hear Kelly talking.
Speaker 2: What can I say?
Speaker 3: Three zero three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, You've been ripped off for taking advantage off. We got some lines open, love to hear free mail. It's also car Day. We're going to be talking all different things about cars. You have any questions on car purchases, car repairs, car anything. We'd love to hear, Famian now, Julie. So basically the day Stretch Labs charge your credit card one hundred and seventy nine bucks for the month coming up. They also sent you an email saying the location and Longmont was closing.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 13: So what you know?
Speaker 10: So of course you I'm guessing everybody's membership for news on different days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, but I mean, who really cares. It doesn't matter. You say it was ironic, it happened. Honestly, I don't know if it was or not, but it doesn't matter. So then what happens from there? You call them up and say, hey, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Well, let's see on the second, so this is the twenty second of November. On the second of December, they sent an email saying that memberships will be canceled and refunds will be made. Refunds will be pro rated on the used are unused sessions, and thanks for your patients.
Speaker 12: We'll get back to you.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 10: Well, I didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks, so I know of them on the twentyth asking when the refund process was going to start responding to the email that came on the side.
Speaker 3: Hey, Julie, were they going to do an entire refunder a pro rated because I think you said they were closing in two weeks.
Speaker 5: How did that part work?
Speaker 10: Well, if you didn't use your sessions, then.
Speaker 2: You was it like you were?
Speaker 7: I got you charged by the week I got you, So you know, I didn't use any of those four sessions, so I understand I didn't do the whole seventy nine.
Speaker 3: So so if I asked them, right, I assume you're calling because you still haven't had a refund.
Speaker 5: Correct? Correct? So what are they saying now?
Speaker 2: What are they saying right now?
Speaker 10: Well, in the last two days, there's been some action saying from this club ready which I'm not sure who that is, wrote an email to the owner of the Port Collins or who I think might have been the owner of the Longlant store, saying that my membership is going to be pro rated at five dollars and ninety six cents a day for the fourteen days after from the notice to the time they closed, giving me a pro rated refund of ninety five dollars. And I wrote back immediately and said, no, my, you know, we weren't paying by the day or the week. We were paying by the session. And I didn't use any of the four sessions for one hundred and seventy nine dollars I was charged well, I asked, so I.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, Hold on, Dimitri, go ahead, Hey, Julie, I got a suggestion. I think it will shortcut this weird process that you're going through. Just dispute the thing on your credit card and all you do is you submit one paragraph and it says, hey, I paid on this date and the same day they told me they were going out of business, and here's the email, and you can get a credit from your credit card company. Now you don't have to figure out who owns what store, and what company's going to rEFInd you and how much they're going to pro rate.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 5: Just get the entire payment back from your charge card.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you will work in this club. Ready that I'm looking at it looks entirely different. I understand they have a stretchologist, but I mean it's kind of a whole different setup. If you don't want to go here, I don't think they could force you in any way to bring it to a different place and be like buying a gift card for a pizza place that goes out of business and they say, well, you can use it at the Chinese restaurant. I mean, it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: So I love what D said. Why haven't you just called up your credit card company?
Speaker 10: Well, I guess basically because I was just waiting for you know, I just assumed as great a company as they seem to be.
Speaker 5: They've just done. Yeah.
Speaker 10: The reason I'm upset now is because when I called law called for Collins Is they said, oh, we get a couple of calls a week from people who haven't gotten their refunds yet.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's your answer. Well, hold on, let's do this. I'd like to do this.
Speaker 2: I'm the big break D. Why don't you call over there.
Speaker 3: And just see if they'll do it today and if not, if they if they don't agree to do it now, come Monday morning, Pegy, you dispute it with your credit card company.
Speaker 2: I mean, but it would be a lot easier.
Speaker 3: It would be a lot easier if D can get through to them and say, what the hell's going on? I mean, really, this is a simple deal. It's one hundred and seventy nine bucks. It's not going to break anybody.
Speaker 14: I can't believe how much time has been wasted on all these communications.
Speaker 5: I don't know why they didn't just refund everybody in bulk and call it done.
Speaker 14: Because they don't have the money or they don't want to part with it. That's why they didn't refund everyone in bulk.
Speaker 5: Well maybe go ahead, Pegy.
Speaker 10: Well my concern. You know, I'm a senior citizen. All the clients that I saw there were senior citizens. Yeah, somewhere in wheelchairs.
Speaker 15: There.
Speaker 5: We get it.
Speaker 2: We don't got it. We don't got to be labor it anymore.
Speaker 5: We get it.
Speaker 2: So listen, we're going to get your information. I'm going to put you on hold.
Speaker 3: D He's going to make a call over there during the show, and we're going to see what happens. And if it doesn't go the exact way that Dmitri wants it to go during the conversation, or they don't answer or something, then you're going to dispute your credit card. It's very simple. Call the number on the back of the credit card, tell them I pay monthly for this. There's no yearly subscription. But none of that matters because they went out of business. I even have the email where they went out of business and they said they were going to refund me, and I've.
Speaker 2: Waited however long it's been.
Speaker 3: I've waited two three weeks and they still haven't refunded me. Your credit card company is going to give you a credit, a provisional credit, and then if they don't fight it, and I can't imagine what basis they'd fight it on, it'll turn into a real credit in thirty days. So that's where I want you to go with that, Julie, simple as that. Pegy has a problem with an apartment. By the way, we have two lines open three zero three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Peggy, really quick before I go to break what is going on with the appoint aartment?
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, this is me. I live at tam And Hall at nineteenth in Olgen. It used to be connected to the old Children's hospital.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 11: I'm a breast cancer patient and have been for thirty years. Okay, there's a smell that comes out of when my heater fan is on, and it smells like sure this has been going on for a long time, and I had emails showing where I try to get in touch with the office and the company management company. And a gentleman here at my job suggests that he said, have you called Tom Martine? And I didn't even think of it?
Speaker 5: Is that Tam and Hall?
Speaker 2: And I've got to ask you, this is that some kind of landmark as well?
Speaker 15: Yes it is?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm looking at the right place, all right, hold on, hold on, let me take this break. I got an idea and we're all going to kind of think about it during the break. Two lines to open three zero three seven to one three talk.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven and three eight two five to five.
Speaker 3: I was talking during the break to these guys, and I want to thank Rod Greer jfr Cars. He's he's a real man. He gets attached to his grills like I do. So Suzanne is making me. Yeah, yeah, you call me henpecked. I guess maybe that's what they call it.
Speaker 2: I have multiple grills and smokers at our house and I haven't used some of them for a while, so I've been forced to get rid of them. We have a big roll off that was delivered, so we're kind of doing our spring cleaning, so.
Speaker 5: Two dramatic forced two of my grills.
Speaker 3: Two of my grills will be in the roll off on Sunday. We've got some kids coming over to help us get everything out of there. I'm going to have us sending you off ceremony. And I asked Kevin. I said, don't you feel the same way when you've got to throw away either a smoke or a grill? And Kevin said no. Then I asked Rod, and Rod Rod agreed with me.
Speaker 5: You would.
Speaker 2: It would be very hard for you to get rid of the trigger you've had for over twenty five years.
Speaker 5: It would be tough. It would be.
Speaker 2: I mean you would you would cry, you would probably, I mean, what would you do?
Speaker 6: I think my wife probably would cry too, because I got to do most of the cooking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she likes everything on the grill as well.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna end up keeping my pellet smoker, my infrared pro pane grill, which basically had no flare ups.
Speaker 2: So when you're making chicken, man, you don't come out and you got those flames coming.
Speaker 3: It's just a beautiful girl. And then of course my medium green egg. You don't throw away an egg. So it's gonna be a rough weekend. Monday is gonna be. Uh, Monday's gonna be a tough day. We'll give you some emotional support on Monday.
Speaker 4: Walk.
Speaker 3: You know, as you get older, into your fifties, you start losing loved ones. You know, in your forties a lot of times you lose grandparents. But this is uh, it's gonna be a tough weekend.
Speaker 6: John, Believe a lot deeper love, deeper manhood is going on right now.
Speaker 2: I think I have a feeling a couple of breweries are going to be in the picture for Sunday.
Speaker 5: Now, dragging, where's that said violin sound. When we need it, maybe just go visit Ace Hardware. Look at all the grills.
Speaker 3: All right, we do have a real serious issue right here with Peggy though. She's in an apartment complex and basically she's waking up and she gets a horrible smell.
Speaker 2: Now, I think we've all smelled that. Honestly.
Speaker 3: I've been in restaurants where you smell that sewage backing up, and I want to say something, Peggy.
Speaker 2: It wasn't long ago.
Speaker 3: Suzanna and I were in Las Vegas and we were in a very nice hotel and in the middle of the night that stench and we were like on y. We were on the fifteenth or eighteenth floor. The entire hotel started.
Speaker 2: Smelling like that.
Speaker 3: And what happened was people doing construction next to us, right on the strip too. It was a Waldorf hotel right next to it. They were building something and they hit the wrong pipe and the whole town, the whole hotel.
Speaker 5: It was crazy.
Speaker 2: In fact, we ended up basically leaving the hotel, is how bad it was.
Speaker 5: So I feel for you.
Speaker 3: I had a computer store years ago in Parker, Colorado, right in think it what that area is called right now, I just can't think of it. But the King Supers was right next to me, and that King Supers occasionally that smell would come up, and we shared all the sewage lines I was in their building. I don't know how we're going to get rid of this. We can dive into it and try to figure it out. But Peggy, has the apartment management told you where it's coming from, how they're going to deal with it. Have they shared any information with you?
Speaker 11: You know what before before one of the gentlemen here said for me to call you. I was going to call the uh top person at Silver Markham. But I don't really have a lot of faith in them because they've got a letter from my oncologist. I've been doing cancer treatment for thirty years and wow, affecting my health?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bet it is my health.
Speaker 11: And my left hop my left eye runs all the time, like I'm crying. I'm at work right now and it's it's miserable. And so I had I went to the expense of getting uh there's two of them. They come two in a pack and it's an airpare of fire. Yeah, and I have to leave my heat off regardless of.
Speaker 3: What so every time you turn on the h fact and it's definitely sewage. It's not like a dead animal, right, I mean it's sewage.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, it's it's definitely sewage. And they claimed they had somebody in there last week. And when I came home from work, my manager was telling me. She said, the guys were here today. And I don't even know the name of the company because I was at work. She said the guys. She said the guys were here today and what they did, and she took a picture in her phone. She was supposed to send them to me a picture in her phone of what it looked like before they cleaned it, and what it looked like.
Speaker 5: What did they clean though? What were they cleaning?
Speaker 11: I don't know if these were coils or What What I can do is have I can contact today, told her to a different to a different building. Now she's not down on nineteen. She's now at one of their other facilities up here on mont View and Delicia.
Speaker 3: But she seems to be she seems to at least be talking to you and communicating about trying to get the problem fixed.
Speaker 11: She did everything she could do, and it goes beyond.
Speaker 2: Peggy I want to.
Speaker 5: I want to.
Speaker 3: I want to say a word to you and tell me if you ever heard it before, constructive eviction.
Speaker 5: Have you ever heard that?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 5: No, I haven't.
Speaker 3: If things are bad enough, and I'm not saying this falls into that realm, but it very well could be. If it's as bad as you're describing, I believe it would. But you have the ability to actually break your lease. You got to do it in certain ways. So I don't want you just to decide to move out or anything, but you have the ability to break the lease without any ramifications. They can't keep your deposit, you can go find a new place. They can't make your rental history bad, so that could be an option if they can't get it fixed.
Speaker 5: So that is possible.
Speaker 11: Now I even called, I called, uh, I had this the city came out. I called them.
Speaker 5: What did the city say or.
Speaker 11: Whatever they said that they could not say. All they could tell me was that there was no carbon monoxide. That's all they could do.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, yeah, I understand.
Speaker 11: But if you can really tell where it was coming, if you had.
Speaker 3: To stand in a porta potty all day, you wouldn't be You could care less about carbon monoxide.
Speaker 2: I mean it sucks. Hey, Doc, I'll think I'll call Peggy. Will you hop on this, Peggy. Here's what we're gonna do. Doc's gonna grab your information. Okay, He's going to reach out to you.
Speaker 3: I want you to share the phone numbers of people you know in the management and let's just try to get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 2: And it's not just you, right, I mean, your neighbor's smelling.
Speaker 5: My question, is it only your apartment, Peggy?
Speaker 11: The only one that I've heard of is directly below me. This lady happens to be moving into another apartment because people that have vouchers are having issue and you're having.
Speaker 2: To move out?
Speaker 8: Can you so?
Speaker 15: You do?
Speaker 8: You do?
Speaker 17: Bet?
Speaker 5: Hold on?
Speaker 2: Do you have a Section eight voucher?
Speaker 18: I do?
Speaker 16: Well? They let you hold on?
Speaker 3: Maybe security maybe maybe the fix here is they move you to another unit.
Speaker 2: Would that work?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 8: This is the problem.
Speaker 11: I have a voucher for two bedrooms. I got a house full of stuff, and they don't have another vacancy for me. I understand Moll from Lakewood purposely to be in this building.
Speaker 2: I got it so you could have the two bedrooms. Hey, Peggy, can I ask you.
Speaker 5: Something a little off.
Speaker 11: Sure, yes you can.
Speaker 3: When you said you have the two bedroom and he got a lot of stuff, And I'm just asking, would would I or someone from the outside.
Speaker 2: Consider you a hoarder?
Speaker 11: I don't know, because that's.
Speaker 3: Generally a yes, and that's not And listen, that's got nothing to do with this. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 5: But I know I know moving can.
Speaker 2: Be very I know moving can be very I get that, Doc, You're on this one.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five, Peggy, give all your information to Kelly. Doc's gonna get on this. Hopefully we have a good outcome for you real soon. Mike, Dave, Peggy, everybody hold tight and Christy.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 16: All right, three oh.
Speaker 3: Three seven one three eight two five five. Thank I'm on that diet drug from Denver Regen. We're talking barbecue, We're talking smoking turkeys, we're talking everything. But honestly, it's funny. Even though I love smoking food, now I don't even think about the eating part of it. It's really crazy what that diet drug does.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 3: It's it's truly amazing. It's absolutely amazing. And I'm not turning this into a commercial, but if you haven't done it and you want to lose weight, I almost call it cheating. But check out Denver Regen dot com. Now let me see who's been waiting the longest, Mike. I'll go to that comment on the smoker right after I talked to Dave's been holding the longest, and then we're going to go to Chrissy with that onto CRV.
Speaker 2: Hey Dave, what's going on? What question do you have?
Speaker 18: Hey?
Speaker 19: Mark, We've got a seventy five Corvette my son is rebuilding, and I mean it's kind of a special rebuild. He was in a terrible motorcycle accident lust his leg.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you sorry to hear that.
Speaker 19: So hey, we just wanted to get him the next thing. It was part of his reheait, and we bought this seventy five Corvette. Is it a sting Ray Stingray? Yeah, wow car. You know it's a beautiful, beautiful car. You know they are so Anyways, the motor was catastrophically mangled. It was like, you know, the green butter in the bottom with all the parts and stuff in it. So he's done a total rebuild on this thing, polished all the ports. The engine is beautiful, ready to go. But then we got to the electric side of it.
Speaker 2: It's all I got good news for it. I do have good news, and I want to explain everything what he's saying.
Speaker 3: Man, the electric clinic car, even in nineteen seventy five can't be anything compared to now. But I had a two thousand accurate Kevin, and we were one of my guys was swapping an engine for me, a used engine, and he cut through the harness, didn't wire it right. I could have killed him. In fact, I think I fired him, but I could have killed him. And the bottom line is I ended up. No one could fix it in my Goodyear family. That's fifty employees, five stores. No one could get it. I mean, we just didn't specialize in that. You know who fixed it was Lakewood Electric. And guess who bought Lakewood Electric?
Speaker 5: Kevin? Yep.
Speaker 3: How do you like, where do you start on something like that? Ask them whatever questions? Kevin, Well, it just depends when you say electrics a mess. I mean, you know, obviously it's not running. Is that the problem?
Speaker 19: Well, yeah, because women initially we didn't even bother with any of that. There was so much going on with replacing all the bearings and you know, some drive chef components and rebuilding engine and everything like that. And then when we got to the electric we hooked up the battery and turned the key and a light came on the deck and then went out immediately out in the back, and then there was like there was some smoke in the wires up front.
Speaker 2: My god, I mean that entire harness could be gone.
Speaker 3: I mean everything, right, Kevin, I mean that's not a good five years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not a good song.
Speaker 19: Well here's the thing. Here's the thing. The thing is actually in pretty good condition.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 19: Someone was playing around with the wiring up under the hood. It looks like there was a bunch of things tied together that were grounds, and we suspect a positive was in there. I mean, I'm trying specialist myself, but not car that's a whole different discipline.
Speaker 3: That is so where I mean what happens, Kevin, They basically get a tow to you and you just you have a guy that just he just that's all he does.
Speaker 5: He just gets started, you know, because it's like you said, it's basically power and ground. You got to separate the twelve from the ground and just see what we're missing.
Speaker 3: Well, hold on, let me put you on hold. If you want to follow up after the Breakdave, we'll do it.
Speaker 5: It's up to you.
Speaker 2: We got to take this break. It's the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: Mike, Christy, Matt, I promise you guys are coming up a problem with state pharm is CRV hybrid issue. Oh wait, she might be swinging by the studio and then Mike's got to comment on the smoke or Mike, I really do, but I got to get the other guys first. But I promise, Mike, I want to hear your comment.
Speaker 13: Hold tight, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please run time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 8: Rift of.
Speaker 18: News you needed so.
Speaker 5: You don't have run anxious. As fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martine, welcome my friend to the only show off.
Speaker 3: It's guy and we're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints.
Speaker 2: Try to make your life just a little bit better. It's car day in the house. Is Kevin Cokin shared an auto tech.
Speaker 3: Rod Greer jfr Cars. Let's not forget Deputy Doc Deputy Dimitri. We've got dragon on the other side of the glass. Kelly answering your phones by the way, one line open three zero three Martino number works on and off the air. You're listening to our podcast. You got a problem, we want to hear from you. We can help you, but you got to call three zero three Martino or email us it help it troubleshooter dot com and hopefully that guy is gonna shoot over to your place. Kevin, Kevin bought shared an Auto Tech, bought Lakewood Electric years ago. Any kind of electrical issue, and I know how good these guys are because I had to personally use them years ago. Really, I mean, if you need something fixed, that's an electrical problem. What's the biggest electrical problem you guys, see, Kevin?
Speaker 5: Honestly, well, rodent damage is a biggest through the harness harnesses, you know. And the hardest part is if you know it's unfortunate, but the clients try to do their own and then they bring it in.
Speaker 2: They make it worse, they make it tempt because now you've got to track wires that weren't.
Speaker 5: There, and you have unnatural things happening. You know, natural shorts and things are easier to find than somebody flipping a wire around, because that doesn't just happen.
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine I had to swap out a brain on my computer on our bus. So I had to pull the dash and I had to pull this box out that's size of I don't know, like a shoe box, half size of a shoebox. And then I had to hook it up to my PC and then program the ePRO. So they sent me an update to it. But when I opened that to take that box out, oh my god, there had to be eight hundred thousand wires. And I started thinking, where would you even start, Like if someone under that dash, it just started ripping wires.
Speaker 5: That's the hard part.
Speaker 2: You would never I mean, I don't even know how you would fix it.
Speaker 5: We have one in now if somebody vandalized they pulled all the wires out of the back of the fuse box. Oh my god. Yeah, and you got you know, like I said, there's sixty different colors, and the newer cars are probably harder, right, A lot more wiring, Yeah, a lot more wiring because.
Speaker 3: There's a million censors, a million features, I mean, heated seeds, you name it.
Speaker 5: They got it exactly. It's crazy, all right, Three zero ten And I have a question. Do you guys hook up dash cams?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: I don't do any add ons. That's like chickens. Yeah, it's it's it's it could be more challenging. But you car toy car toys that do it every day, you know, cartoys. We no, we just send it over to them. They're they're good at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in fact, they're really good.
Speaker 3: If you have any kind of like uh, programmable programmable garage door openers or anything on that mirror, they can usually tap right into there, so you don't kind of run a cord exactly.
Speaker 5: They did a great job on mine.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, car toys, Yeah, I just wonder if Kevin did it, That's all I wonder. Nowadays, like back around two thousand, you'd buy a car and like you'd want to go upgrade the stereo.
Speaker 2: If you're into music, you'd go.
Speaker 3: To car toys or Best Buy and buy a really nice stereo, maybe a sub for the back. But nowadays, I don't even know if people do that. It seems like it's a lot that goes through that radio, even the well not just that, but.
Speaker 2: Even the basic stereo systems.
Speaker 6: I don't family wealth we used to go to a place all the time PDA to put sound systems and speakers. Speakers and sound systems and cars now are so much better. People don't even even ask me about it anymore.
Speaker 3: You don't even hear about it. No, no, because they all sound great, right, right? I mean my Genesis has like I couldn't believe it. I mean, it was ridiculous. It had like it's got like fifty speakers, right, It's like, where the hell do you even put fifty speakers? I mean it's really crazy. Then, Like the Tesla's got eighteen, right, and it's like I don't even know how many more you'd need. Hey, Matt or, I'm sorry. Let me go to this comment really quick. Hey Mike, you had to comment on the smoker. I have to throw away a smoker. I'm already getting depressed again.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Who who will speak for your smoker?
Speaker 18: I mean, does this thing have any life left in it?
Speaker 12: It has if there's any life, If.
Speaker 20: There's any life left in it, you can't throw it away.
Speaker 5: I mean, think about that.
Speaker 12: You're throwing away something that that that's given you us all.
Speaker 20: What is the smoker you're you're tossing out.
Speaker 3: It's a master billd electric. It can hold fourteen racks of ribs or two turkeys.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, you can't toss that out. You've got to give that to somebody.
Speaker 3: You know how many people it's fed over the years, Mike, I'm thinking of the homeless people I've fed, the blind women that walk across the road that I have given meat to, all the orphans, all the orphans at the orphanage downtown, and the poor people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and immigrants bunker.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that smoker is gonna be un washed.
Speaker 21: Looks at you.
Speaker 20: When that smoker looks at you and sees that it's just being tossed out like.
Speaker 5: Garbage, it deserves better than that, you know what.
Speaker 3: Kelly gets Suzanne on the phone. Mike, I appreciate you more than you know. Seriously, gets Susanne on the phone. We're going to have a talk. We are going to have a talk, and we're going to do.
Speaker 2: It on air.
Speaker 3: And I'm you know what, I'm laying down the line. I'm drawing the red line. We're just like Obama said, I'm doing the same thing. Hey, Matt, what's going on with State Farm?
Speaker 20: Hey?
Speaker 5: How you doing, Tom?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good? Go ahead, Matt.
Speaker 8: Okay, So I got involved in a motor vehicle collision at the end of January, and thankfully I was uninjured, even though my forerunner got hit hard on us that I rolled six times.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Matt, hey, tell me about tell me about the accident in the fault.
Speaker 8: So I had turned left and got going straight in the direction of travel and I got hit from behind the So the police report said that the officer viewed dash cam footage, they wrote, and that they sighted the other driver and I went the way that the high school traffic was going and not paying attention to the time of day. And of course it was a kid from the high school that ran into me. So the other party immediately went to a big one of the PI firms that advertises on TV.
Speaker 2: But they were cited for what following too close.
Speaker 8: Following too closely and speeding.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you had a light, but you're making a left. Was there a light or a stop sign? I'm just curious stop sign?
Speaker 2: So you you out of a red So did they run a stop sign or they didn't have a stop sign that direction?
Speaker 8: They didn't have a stopage?
Speaker 3: Okay, I understand now, So but they did rear end you because they were they were following too close.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: So now they went out, got a personal injury firm. Did you hire an attorney?
Speaker 17: I did not.
Speaker 5: Okay, so where are we at?
Speaker 8: So the personal injury firm got a copy of the dash cam footage, and so I have it, and it looks it's close. They could it's close to say maybe I turned and didn't give this.
Speaker 2: I want that footage. Can you send that right over to us? Is it an MP four?
Speaker 16: What is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got it as a safety hold on.
Speaker 3: I want Kelly, I want that footage soon as you get it from him. I want it sent to me John Fuller and Brian Burns all at the same time. I want some expert opinions because I think I know where Matt's going. We're gonna find out after this break. But I think Matt's going is they're basically saying it's his problem, Matt.
Speaker 15: Let me.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's grabbing that, but real quick, hey, Suzanne, listen. We had a caller, babe, and he made me think of something when it came to the electric smoker.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, we're going to go.
Speaker 3: Ahead and keep that. And I've got some good reasons why we're going to want to keep that.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, it.
Speaker 3: Is fed people over the years, including us and our family and our kids.
Speaker 2: They were raised on that smoker.
Speaker 3: The thought of getting rid of that smoker at this point, it would probably put Addie in the grave.
Speaker 5: Mark. It would simply be a crime against future generations to come, humanity in general. Yeah, you want to get in trouble for that. You want that on your conscience?
Speaker 18: Are you talking about the one you haven't used in nine years, because you've already bought two new ones since then.
Speaker 5: Okay, first of all, talking about it.
Speaker 3: First of all, when your mother gave you the family Bible, that was twenty years ago. I don't see you throwing away the family Bible. How about those cassette tapes? I will trade.
Speaker 2: No, I won't trade you the smoker for the cassette tapes.
Speaker 8: You're too much.
Speaker 9: And I know I have a patio that you can retire the smoker too, and you can come and visit it every.
Speaker 22: Now and then.
Speaker 5: Listen, I've got my listen.
Speaker 3: I'm drawing the line here. I'm putting my foot down. If anything happens to that smoker, there's going to be hell to pay, baby.
Speaker 18: Yeah, okay, all right, goodbye bye.
Speaker 2: You can see who won that one everybody whole time.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 16: All right, three oh.
Speaker 2: Three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Sometimes a man has got to draw the line when it comes to his grills, when it comes to his smokers, his grills.
Speaker 2: That's men's business. You allowed to say that anymore?
Speaker 13: You know what?
Speaker 3: Sometimes I think we're over careful. Don't you guys think that I'm not trying to get you in trouble? But don't you think sometimes we're over careful. There's certain different roles. There's nothing wrong with that. In most households, the men barbecue, the men grill, there's nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong If a woman wants to do that, that's fine. But in most households, wouldn't you say, uh, the women cook inside, the men cook outside.
Speaker 2: Am My, nuts, you.
Speaker 5: Guys, you're being a little too quiet here. People just.
Speaker 17: Dragon, says the guy who bought a wife about his wife a vacuum for her birthday.
Speaker 5: Hey, first of all, she loves that vacuum.
Speaker 17: And the pots and pans too. The maiden, the maid in.
Speaker 2: Pots and pans, anybody, they're like chef quality.
Speaker 5: No, those are great. But I told you the rule you never buy a present that has a cord.
Speaker 8: See that.
Speaker 2: That's where the problem is right there. So that's where it goes. That's the problem. We got to get lower and then lower, and then Doc steps in at the very bottom.
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven one three A two five five. All right, Matt's got a problem with State Farm. Did you get that video yet, Kelly, We're still waiting on it. Hopefully we get that video, but Matt, let's move forward with the actual problem while we're waiting for the video and we get our experts up. Is is State Farm your insurance come company or theirs? Both both God, that sucks even more so, here's the bottom line, Am I right? They want to assign you a percentage of fault.
Speaker 8: They want to assign me all of the fault, all of the.
Speaker 3: Fault, even though the other driver got to hit with it. They want to assign you all of the fault. What is your insurance company saying? What is State Farm telling you?
Speaker 8: So we have the same adjuster because we're both we both were covered by or covered by State Farm. And initially when they got the police report, they determined her to be completely at fault. But then what Then he calls me and says, Then he calls me and says, we got the dash camp the dashcam footage, and so we looked at the dashtam footage. And so even though she was sided, and the police officer who reviewed the dashcam footage cited her, uh where, we think the best way he said, we think the best way to avoid a lawsuit is to a you.
Speaker 5: Know what I need to get I need to get fuller on. We need to get fuller on for this. I have got to talk to.
Speaker 3: Him about this case in general, because I don't think State Farm is doing their client Matt right in this I haven't looked at the video.
Speaker 2: I want to look at that video.
Speaker 3: Come the next break, get it to Fuller and get it over to Brian Burns. I am dying to see this footage. This is crazy, This is absolutely nuts. But I need a legal analysis on this because I've got more questions than anything.
Speaker 5: I have one quick question ahead, Doc.
Speaker 2: Whether any injuries to the other person. Yeah, he hired a personal injury attorney. The extent of the injuries.
Speaker 8: I was told that the other driver had like a broken arm.
Speaker 5: That's bad.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's just the beginning of it. That's not the back problems and everything. How much coverage do you have, Matt? We had full coverage and no I'm talking dollar amount. What's your liability? One hundred thousand? Is it state limits?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 2: You don't know? Oh, fifty one hundred fifty one hundred thousand?
Speaker 5: This is crazy.
Speaker 3: Hold on, man, I really want to get somebody on. If we can't get Fuller on, I want BENDNELLI. I want to know how Matt. First of all, the video is going to be very important. We're all going to watch that here and report back to you after the break what we think and we're also going to have our legal experts look at the video, our personal injury attorney, and we're going to have Compass Insurance look at it.
Speaker 5: And here's the deal.
Speaker 3: If people are like, well, that could be both their faults or we're not sure where to assign blame, how does Matt fight this? I mean, really, I'm wondering if Matt should get an attorney at this point.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Dmitri.
Speaker 14: Hey, Mark, you know what really struck me about that story is that State Farm assigned the same adjuster to both parties.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of anything like that.
Speaker 14: Sounds like a complete conflict of interest. It seems cooking his hair. Yeah, he's gonna protect the interest of State Farming and the expense of one of his customers is actually innocent.
Speaker 5: That's why I want to know what to do. And he's already talking about avoiding a lawsuit.
Speaker 14: And that's because State Farm gets the foot both sides of that lawsuits bill.
Speaker 3: It's in their best interest for only one side to have issues here. In fact, Matt, you know, honestly, I'm shocked you don't have some back problems. I am really shocked after something that broke someone else's arm and they rear ended you.
Speaker 2: You don't have any injuries.
Speaker 3: I am really shocked, and listen to me, I am very shocked. You don't have injuries. Injuries. In fact, I would probably go get checked out because I'm not sure about this. But maybe your back's been bothering you a little, or your neck or something. Some reason to talk to an atturne. Hold tight, Christy? What's going on with this CRV?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: Christy, you're the one where it has noises? Your hybrid Honda CRV has noises and you brought it. I don't want to recap the whole thing, but the bottom line is your brand new CRV has more noises than another one if you went and drove he testrope.
Speaker 2: So you think there's a problem. Where we at with it now?
Speaker 5: Christy? I thought you were going to drive by today.
Speaker 23: I was, but we had a snow squall down here on Monument Hill and got it. Visibility was terrible in my fair enough.
Speaker 5: So where are we at now?
Speaker 23: So I have some good news. I want to tell you what I think my next steps are, and then I want your advice on something.
Speaker 3: All right, hold on, let me take this break. We'll come back right after this. We're going to check the video out. Everybody, hold on and then, Bob, he's got a question on putting a doggy door into an existing sliding glass door.
Speaker 2: I can help you with that.
Speaker 13: Hold tight, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until you're content than.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, we watched this video three oh three seven one three eight two five five. This is kind of crazy. Christy, you're gonna have to hang on there for a minute or two. John Fuller, uh, he is my co host. Occasionally he fills in for Tom and I when we're both out. Did you watch the video, John, it's.
Speaker 5: It's still downloading.
Speaker 19: Mark, I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the deal. Man, I really want your I want you to see the video first. I gotta I just got to put you on hold, John. But here here's the main here's the main question though, outside of the video in fault. Outside of that, this four guy, Matt, the guy that called he's in an accident, the other drivers you're gonna see in the video, actually ends up getting the ticket. At the time I thought it was going to go.
Speaker 3: I thought where he was going is they were going to assign fifty to fifty. Both insurance companies are State Farm. And what's even crazier about both of them being State Farm, John, they had the same adjuster, the same adjuster. At first, the adjuster said that Matt was not at fault our caller and the other driver was at fault.
Speaker 5: They got the ticket.
Speaker 3: But now, after seeing the video you're going to see they're saying, nope, Matt, it's one hundred percent your fault, not the other drivers. But it's the same insurance company and it's the same adjuster. I don't find anything fair about that. So before you watch the video, talk talk to me about that right there. I mean, should they send the same person out to me that adjuster is purely working for State Farm. They're trying how to they're trying to figure out how to save the most money.
Speaker 18: Well, I mean, listen, this happens all the time.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's only you know, five or six major carriers, and so it's inevitable that you're going to have you know, paces where the same carriers on both sides. They do generally independently screen off the adjusters. To word, it's kind of a you know, a Chinese wall or something. But Mark, I just watched the video. I didn't even see an accident.
Speaker 5: All right, hold on, no, no, no.
Speaker 17: I'm gonna have twenty to twenty five seconds in in the upper left hand corner. It's very hard to see, but you will see the rollover.
Speaker 5: So John, listen on the dash party. Listen to the third party. I am doctor.
Speaker 3: The dashcam is on the opposite side of the road, heading towards the accident that.
Speaker 2: You'll see in your.
Speaker 3: Upper left Okay, it took We watched the whole video twice and didn't see it. Once you see it, you can't unsee it. So tell me, and I'm gonna Matt, this is pretty normal. But I've got I'm gonna lock you in, John, Matt, I've got bad news for you. I'm gonna hear what John's got to say. But there's not one person in this room that does not think this is your fault.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 3: There's not one person in this room, Matt. I mean, I hate to say that, but but that's why you have insurance. That's the good news. But I want to hear from our attorney that looks at dashcam foot each all the time. So Matt, is the guy making a left, John in the other cars coming straight towards the dash cam.
Speaker 8: And Frank I will say that, you know, she's coming downhill from an intersection that's about a quarter mile you know, up that hill, which she prettily had a green and continued, you know, was able to make it through. And if she hadn't been doing ten miles per hour over the speed limit, she wouldn't have closed in on me that fast. If I ran into everybody that turned in front of me going slow, I would hit to Matt.
Speaker 3: I don't think listen, Matt, in my opinion, we're going to get John's I don't think that matters at all. It looks like you made that left and basically ran into them, you hit them, They did not hit you.
Speaker 5: But John, did you see it yet?
Speaker 8: Well, the point of impact is in the back of my car, so I don't know how I hit them when the front of their car was totaled the back of.
Speaker 24: My car was totaled.
Speaker 2: John, I just want your pure opinion on it. But yeah, okay, I called you guys.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it at twenty five seconds.
Speaker 5: Holler, I don't know. Hold on, yeah, you got it.
Speaker 3: Let me put let me put you on hold. I'm going to put them both on hold, drag and pick up. Walk him through that, walk him through it. I'm going to go back to Christy. We got to have John look at that. So Christy, you have that problem with the Honda cr V. It's making noise. So what is the update on it? Where are we at now with it?
Speaker 23: Sure, I'll be quick because I know Matt needs your help. So I have some good news that after Austin from Honest Accurate, after I talked to you last time, Honda was still telling me the AC was fine.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 23: No, it's not so. And after I talked to you, Austin called from on a Faccurate called Honda and told them, you know that it was not fine. And long story short, they called me a few hours later and Handa had discovered the problem. So that's great.
Speaker 3: Did they have the car the whole time, Christy, it was still in their possession. Yes, And what it was I'm curious on a brand new hybrid, what was the problem.
Speaker 2: With the AC?
Speaker 23: Yes, so the pipe combination heat exchanger is leaking. Removed pipe and found damage to ceiling surface of the pipe. Replaced heat exchange your pipe and wow, it was completely out of refrigerate.
Speaker 2: And so was that possibly making some of the noise?
Speaker 18: I think it was.
Speaker 23: Because I picked up the car last night and the AC worked and was the AC was quiet. The car still ticks and wines, but it does seem.
Speaker 11: To be a little bit quieter.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 23: So so my next steps, well, first of all, thank you, thank you to Austin Honestat.
Speaker 5: They're great guys.
Speaker 3: Colorado Springs, two locations, honest accurate. You're not going to get a better shop in the Springs.
Speaker 23: Keep going okay, So my next steps are going to drive it for a few days. I want to take kind of a fresh new listen to the operation of the vehicle, because after six weeks of issues.
Speaker 2: I kind of need to start.
Speaker 3: It could be a lot different now. I mean, honestly, if it had that, that's so strange. It had a problem that crazy brand new.
Speaker 18: It is strange.
Speaker 23: So here's my question for you. So I am having trust issues because Handa had told me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they overlooked the Christy, Christy, I already know your personality, So please take me at my word on this.
Speaker 5: Let them do it. They fixed it.
Speaker 2: I understand they should have found it. I agree with all that. But it's fixed now. Don't give them a second chance, right now. That's the best thing you can do. Please please do that.
Speaker 22: All right?
Speaker 8: All right, do an avocation.
Speaker 23: I'll check on you next week.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: I look forward to talking to you next week. Okay, Hey, John Fuller, did you see it? It's hard to see, but once you.
Speaker 5: See it, I got it.
Speaker 18: I got it.
Speaker 5: What do you think I got it?
Speaker 4: The vehicle that made the turn across over as one hundred percent of fault.
Speaker 3: That's what I said. There's no doubt about it. In fact, I know, Matt, it's the It's not what you wanted to hear from our legal expert or any of us.
Speaker 5: But it is it is there. That's it, hey, John, And just.
Speaker 4: A simple failure to yield is what's going on. I mean, even if she was going five miles ten miles, you know, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she had the right of way, simple as that.
Speaker 4: And maybe you could say there's some comparative fault, but it's only going to be, you know, five to ten percent, something small like that, and it's not going to be enough to change the outcome.
Speaker 22: Of their investigation at all.
Speaker 3: So let me let me bring this to a second question though, John, If you looked at that and let's say you thought it was fifty to fifty, I mean, how do you fight your own insurance company in a case like this?
Speaker 5: I mean, in this case it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: But honestly, if it looked like it was a fifty to fifty split or Matt simply wasn't that fault at all. But the insurance company, who happens to be the insurance company for both seems to be citing with the wrong person.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you possibly do? I mean, you don't hire a personal attorney to do that.
Speaker 8: What do you do?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 4: All right, So, just as a starting place fifty to fifty, you lose. Okay, you have the burden improvement in Colorado that that the other side is at least fifty one percent at fault, and then.
Speaker 15: We have you know, then we have a split.
Speaker 4: So if you're forty five percent of fault, you're going to have to bear the responsibility for your forty five percent.
Speaker 7: The other side has fifty five.
Speaker 4: So with that being said, you know the bottom line is, if you can't resolve things dealing directly with your insurance company.
Speaker 12: You are you know, you're free to go sue the other side.
Speaker 4: And if you want to go sue them, and you get a judgment that says you're one hundred percent in the right and that person is at fault, the insurance company is going.
Speaker 5: To have to honor it. Okay.
Speaker 3: So but in this case, if Matt, let's just say Matt did have some injuries, if he called you and hired you after seeing that footage, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, you wouldn't even touch this right, No, not at all? Okay, I understand, person a chance.
Speaker 4: There's not there's no way that Matt is going to be less than fifty percent at fault.
Speaker 12: For that accident.
Speaker 4: Got it, and therefore there's no avenue of recovery either against the other driver or even his own uninsured motorist coverage. Neither one of them will pay because he was the predominant cause of the accident.
Speaker 10: It's just the way.
Speaker 3: So even if he was only and I know that's not the scenario here, but fifty one percent, that's it. It's all on him for the most part, Yes, sir, So Matt, do you have any questions for John while we still have him.
Speaker 5: Nope, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You got him, Matt on this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, and yeah you are, But big deal. That's why you have insurance. I mean, I hate to say that, but John Fuller, that's exactly why we have insurance. Things happen, and you know that's it in his insurance company and the other ones that are going to work it out, and that's going to be that. I mean, really, that's about it. Hey, John, I appreciate you coming on so quick, man, not a problem.
Speaker 12: Take care of it, hey.
Speaker 3: And by the way, you not even yesterday in here with me we were talking about the importance of dash cams and then this comes in.
Speaker 2: Think of this, John.
Speaker 3: At first, the other driver got cited. The other driver was that fault. If it wasn't for that dash cam video, Honest to god, this thing would have went down in reverse. That's absolutely nuts to think about.
Speaker 4: Well, it just goes to show you that, you know, reasonable people can disagree about what happened in an accident. They happened fast. You see and perceive and react differently. You know, you're just there is no substitute for that a vivid video, you know.
Speaker 5: Production. You proved it to me.
Speaker 3: I mean, you have one percent proved it to me after I just saw that video and everything got turned around. The other thing is that guy that initially got cited who was at fault. They've got that video to go to court and fight that ticket.
Speaker 2: Now they're gonna end and think about it.
Speaker 15: What if that guy?
Speaker 17: What if that guy was you?
Speaker 4: And you know that you weren't at fault for the accident, and yet you got a ticket, and there's nothing you can do. There's nothing you can do but go fight your ticket. Your insurance company is going the opposite way until miraculously you say, but I have a video.
Speaker 5: I watched this.
Speaker 3: It's crazy anybody out there once again, John Fuller Fuller lawless and he's my personal injury attorney. Both times I've used him, he's got me maximum, meaning every penny of the other The at fault driver had an insurance. We got every penny of it. And that's what you want. You want someone like John that'll talk to you. He's going to lead you through the case. He's going to maximize the case. More importantly, even if you get max limits, if you have high hospital bills, you don't put a lot of.
Speaker 5: Money in your pocket.
Speaker 3: John and his team over there literally negotiate all the bills down with the Cairo practor and the er and the ambulance, whatever you got going and puts more money in your pocket.
Speaker 2: Other people don't do that. Please put this number in your phone.
Speaker 5: I mean it.
Speaker 3: Three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred, John Fuller three zero three five nine seven forty five hundred or Personal injuryco dot com.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, folks, three.
Speaker 2: Oh three seven one three eight two five, we've got two hours coming up. It's car Day.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you right now. I got two lines open, please get them on. I want to talk to you about everything. I'm gonna take that video, by the way, and I'm gonna upload it so you guys can see the car accident that we've been talking about.
Speaker 5: If you go to.
Speaker 3: YouTube dot com you type in Troubleshooter Network. Look, you're gonna see the live stream right there, and that's us live in studio and you'll see that. But there's going to be another video that I upload, a standalone video because I have no way to embed it into the live stream today. But I'm gonna upload it and I'll give it a name, car accident. And it's about twenty seconds into it. And when you're looking at the dash cam, remember the car is in the opposite side going the opposite way.
Speaker 2: The dashcam video is not involved in it. It's a third party.
Speaker 3: So if you look at the upper left of the oncoming traffic, you're gonna see it. And it's quite amazing. In fact, if you look at it, it looks pretty bad. Didn't the guy say it spun? It flipped over six times? That it flipped over six times, that's incredible. I mean, I don't see any way it's anybody else's fault. And I am so glad John has been talking about dash cams forever because he's not kidding.
Speaker 2: Think of that poor driver, Dimitri.
Speaker 3: That guy was blamed for this accident that would have been on his insurance as an ad fault accident. Plus he got a ticket for following too close, and all of.
Speaker 5: It was BS.
Speaker 3: In fact, the cop who came up with that scenario I think shouldn't have done it to begin with.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and it's and it's even worse. It sounds like the other driver. I think that our callers said that was a high school kid. I think that was a girl. That was a high school kid that was driving in that.
Speaker 2: I just immediately thought it was her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll bet you the cop was prejudiced against her because of that.
Speaker 2: It's just because of the age young driver, and maybe even sex as well.
Speaker 5: It's absolutely nuts.
Speaker 2: Now look, I don't have time to do it, but Bob, I promise you you are Numero uno on it. We have lines open.
Speaker 3: I do want to hear from you guys, anybody out there with any comments on the video. I'm going to work on that overbreak three zero three Martino, don't forget that number of works on and off theair.
Speaker 2: Help at troubleshooter dot com. It's car Day.
Speaker 3: Any car questions you have, we have Rodgreer Kevin Coukin. If you're thinking about buying a car, you can pick Rod's brain. This guy has sold every kind of vehicle you can ever imagine.
Speaker 2: In his lifetime. He can get you a great price on him.
Speaker 3: We'll talk a little bit about leasing as well, and everything else that you want to talk about right here on the Troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 16: Find out now three all three seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rip of.
Speaker 7: News so you don't have.
Speaker 13: Come.
Speaker 1: Runs as fast as you can. Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 19: Come man, This.
Speaker 5: Is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only show of its kind. We're here to help you infect to the tune of over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchange his refunds directly do and I mean that due to this show. If you need help, maybe a bad contractor a bad landlord. We had one call this morning. This poor lady called up and it just smells like a toilet in her entire apartment and they.
Speaker 2: Don't seem to be doing anything about it.
Speaker 3: So we got Deputy Doc working on that Deputy Dimitrian studio with us too, and then dragging on the other side of the glass, Kelly answering your phones and our guest Rid Greer with jfar Cars and Kevin Cock and Uncle Kevin shared in Auto Tech it's car day. We got some lines open three zero three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, I uploaded that video, guys to our YouTube channel. We had a caller that called in. He was pretty unhappy. He was in an accident. The other driver got to ticket. It's crazy story. Other driver got to ticket, same insurance company for both people, and the insurance company originally.
Speaker 2: Said, yep, it's the other guy's fault.
Speaker 3: Then some dashcam footage from a third party showed up and we walked and it's absolutely our caller's fault. And I finally got it uploaded to our YouTube. So if you go to YouTube dot com, it's crazy video. In fact, didn't they say that thing turned over six times?
Speaker 5: Rolled though?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty amazing that thing and they only a broken arm. I mean, the guy's pretty lucky.
Speaker 5: Well, he was uninjured. He was.
Speaker 2: And the guy that basically got flipped over six times. No, no, the caller got flipped over six times. He did, yeah, but he was the driver of the fore Runner, Oh my god, and he came out unscathed. It's the other driver that got a broken arm.
Speaker 5: That kind of broke.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And like you said, oh, it's because it's.
Speaker 3: A fore Runner. You imagine if you didn't have your seatbelt on, uh, there would be no one left to call us. It'd be crazy.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: I had a friend whose son died coming back from California. There were three of them in the cab of a pickup in the front, one of those little like a little love pickup, and the windows were open.
Speaker 2: It was in the summer.
Speaker 3: They were coming back from just hanging out in California. No drugs, alcohol, nothing, but it was late at night. They didn't want to stop at a hotel. Driver fell asleep, went down the embankment. I forget what mile marker, but it's spun and two of them fell out of the vehicle and died. The vehicle killed them and the one person I think was wearing a seatbelt happened to be the driver, which is crazy within itself, but lived. Just it just crazy stuff, but yeah, yeah, very dangerous stuff out there. But I uploaded that video. Go to YouTube dot com type in troubleshooter network and you will actually see it right there. You can watch the video. We have two lines open three O three seven one three eight two five five. Hey Bob, what is going on with you?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 10: Hey guys, Hey, I'm just trying to find a good contractor.
Speaker 8: Who can I've got to put a doggy door into an existing sliding glass door.
Speaker 12: Can you guys recommend somebody.
Speaker 3: Every time I've seen that it's gen the glass is made that way, or there's a pet panel door basically that fits right into the door track. Here's what I want to do. I'd like to get Nick Ravina on and see if it's possible. So basically, you want someone that can cut that glass and insert it right.
Speaker 12: Well, I didn't know if I needed a whole new, you know, door itself.
Speaker 5: And they came that way.
Speaker 12: I know if you if you google it online, some company in Denver comes up.
Speaker 5: I forget the name of it.
Speaker 12: I just didn't want to have some hat come out and cut one.
Speaker 5: In and not know what the hell they were doing.
Speaker 3: And I'm not even sure you can cut one in. I'll tell you what we did when we were in Castle Rock, Susanna and I. We had a deck and upper deck, and then we had a walkout so our dogs would go out to the deck and walk down into the backyard and we faced the same thing. I put it in the wall right next to the sliding glass door, but I was lucky to have that space where they could walk right out, and it happened to be right in between two studs, so it worked out perfectly. But let me get our glass expert on, and I bet they even sell them if it's something you got to buy, or if it's something they can cut in.
Speaker 2: I bet Gravina does it. So you want to keep holding, man?
Speaker 5: Is that cool?
Speaker 12: I can hold or I can call Gravina myself.
Speaker 5: It's up to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd like everybody out there, though, just hold on. I'd appreciate if you hold on. And I say that because I want to give some I want Nick to explain kind of the different things they can do for a doggy door, because I'll tell you what, that's a big deal, man, doggye doors are great.
Speaker 17: I don't think you want to cut it into the glass too, because if you're talking a double pain sliding door, that's why I got it, say everything in between that keeps all that heat in and out. So I don't think you want to cut one in. I think you want to get a brand new slider.
Speaker 2: A brand new slider, you know what, dragon, I didn't.
Speaker 17: Even think it then play one on TV? But you know that's what.
Speaker 5: I would go.
Speaker 3: I saw the company. I think this guy's talking about where they can come out and cut it in.
Speaker 2: But I wasn't even thinking. Most doors are double, if not triple, right, So yeah, if it's a single thing you ruin it, go for it, try it. It may work for you.
Speaker 17: But if it's a double or triple pane glass on your slider, I wouldn't touch it.
Speaker 3: So I wonder what they sell though, So I picture, like what do they sell, like where the slider opens up the doggy door's there? Or do they typically sell the part that doesn't slide open? They put it in in the back, you know what I'm saying? Oh yeah, yeah, okay, Yeah, I'm not sure what side they put it in. Hopefully we can get a hold of Nick and go from there. Hey Bob, what's going on with you? Or I'm sorry David?
Speaker 2: David?
Speaker 18: Hi?
Speaker 12: Hey, Yeah, I have a twenty nineteen Buick Goncore has the one point four liter engine, got it?
Speaker 18: I have a.
Speaker 12: Triple bypass to illinoid that's stuck. I want to put the OBD meter on it. That's the failure I get.
Speaker 2: What the hell is that?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 2: What is a triple by pass sylenoid.
Speaker 12: No, it's turboid turbo charger bypassed sylenoide.
Speaker 5: It's like a wastegate solenoid or something it has to do with.
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, but it's not the it's not the wastekeg. It's the turbo bypass solenoid, which is different than the watgate.
Speaker 5: Sure, what was the code that you got?
Speaker 12: Twenty two sixty one, p.
Speaker 19: Sixty one?
Speaker 12: What is my question?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's your question?
Speaker 12: Okay, it's saying that it's stuck and I was just gonna replace it, but I couldn't get it out. So I have all data for do it yourselfers. It's not the professional all data, and it says run these tests on that sylenite.
Speaker 5: So I did that.
Speaker 12: So the first thing you do is you check the resistance across the two contacts of the sylenoids with the twelve bolts go into it. Yeah, and if that passes, then you then you run a a test with the cantab fuse and see if you can get the cylinoid to click yep, and that pass too, and I got it to click a hundred times. And my question is, even though it passes these diagnostics tests, should something still be wrong with it?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, hold on, Kevin. I'm going to let you talk because you're the expert here. But just because you have a code for something, I always go back to this. You can have a code for.
Speaker 2: Anything.
Speaker 3: I mean literally anything, And it doesn't mean it absolutely is that sensor or it's that that's sylenoid, right, Kevin. I mean it could be the wire going to it. It could be the wire going out. It could be whatever that solenoid's activating that's not working.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're activating an individual independently, you are bypassing the electrical but the solenoid activates the valve, So the valve itself may be stuck, you know, with the solenoid is functioning, but the valve itself is stuck within the turbo. And how would you you You need to take it apart and and just physically touch it and move it and see.
Speaker 3: So when you go down through your old data, David, after you test that, then then that's it.
Speaker 2: In other words, hits saying it's good. You're done right.
Speaker 12: Correct.
Speaker 2: So if you I wonder, hold on here.
Speaker 3: I wonder Kevin, if he looked up and tried to troubleshoot the valve itself in a float chart, if it would bring him down the right road.
Speaker 5: It's very possible. Yeah. The twenty sixty one just talks about the valve. The solenoid's only part of the valve. So you got to look at both. Because it repels the turbo. That's crazy. Well, you may not have to rebuild it, but it could be stuck from carbon. You may be able to clean it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, that's exactly what I was going to say. Is there anything you could like spray into the waistgate or do something? I mean, just any for an ad Homer, It's it's a by by trial basis. Sometimes you just got to get in and look at the valve and see if it's functioning. You know, it should just open and close. It's not a it's not a complicated part, but it's in a you know, kind of difficult place to be and get gunked up. It can there's a lot of carbon in the turbos.
Speaker 2: You got any other question, David.
Speaker 12: Yeah, those bell that's chilenoid. Is that a mechanical switch or a solid state because I can hear it clicking, so I'm assuming that it's got to be mechanical.
Speaker 5: You're correct.
Speaker 12: I wouldn't be able to hear it click and it would.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, you're correct.
Speaker 12: But it's encapsulated in this plastic, so if.
Speaker 2: You're hearing it clicks, that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Some parts are very hard to service on their own. Unfortunately, with a lot of newer cars, a lot of parts, you have to get the entire mechanism to get the single little part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you already you trouble shot that. We know that sylenoid's working, correct, Yeah, so you've got to move on.
Speaker 12: So that selenoid goes to a valve.
Speaker 5: It's a bypass they're calling.
Speaker 12: That sylenoid the triple bypass soylnoid valve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got to get to where it. The bypass valve is designed to blow off excess pressure from the turbo. So it's got to be able to release it physically, open us a hole if you will, to release that pressure. So you got to get down to where that valve actually seats and see if it's not stuck, it probably is stuck.
Speaker 12: You're saying the valve is stuck, not the cylnoid, No, exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the syllnoid. You you're the one that diagnosed it. You already know the sylenoid's good.
Speaker 17: Correct.
Speaker 3: If you hear a click and you heard it click a thousand times, there's nothing wrong with that zylenoid.
Speaker 12: Okay, all right, man or I've got.
Speaker 2: Another David, I'm going to give you another idea. You ready for this one? Okay, bring it to shared in auto tech.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 12: I'll do that as soon as I can. I'm sure that I can't fix it myself.
Speaker 2: Well you might, honestly, you're you're in the right thing.
Speaker 12: Try to sounds like a really good place.
Speaker 3: Try to free up. Try to free up that valve. You know, I hate say it, maybe WD forty whatever. You got to figure out where it is. Kevin already said it's really hard to get to. But if somehow you can get there and try to loosen it up or move it physically or something, I mean, that's kind of where you're at at this point, and you might be able to do that. Find a YouTube video. It's amazing the YouTube videos out there. Hey Jay, real quick, what is your comment on that doggie door?
Speaker 15: Hey, Mark, you can't cut into temperate glass such as a slider.
Speaker 5: Oh, you're right, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: If we cut our you're right, if we cut the glass in our shower, it would go into eight million, five hundred and sixty four thousand pieces.
Speaker 15: Yeah. You can buy a little one footage panel that goes into the tracks and it has a dog door in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then you've got to reorder the glass right now.
Speaker 15: You just your spider now doesn't shut against the door jam. It shuts against the new.
Speaker 5: See what you're saying.
Speaker 3: So the part that doesn't slide, you would actually insert it there, which would move the glass over by whatever, eight inches ten inches, and then usually go ahead.
Speaker 15: Usually it'll go, it'll get stiffed in and it'll it'll go on the side it slides. Yeah, and then your slider comes up and locks onto it instead of all the way to the doorjam.
Speaker 5: All right, I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go to right after this break, I'm gonna pick I'm gonna pick up on Nick Ravenna and ask him the different options those guys offer on it, and as there are glass ones you can actually buy so you don't have to take up that space. Like Jay was just saying, you get to keep full slide, but yet you have a built in doggy door.
Speaker 2: David, you hang on too, he's got that engine issue.
Speaker 3: Actually we can free David up and then uh, we're gonna go back to a Byron issue from Colorado Investigation Office.
Speaker 5: What the heck's that.
Speaker 19: Go?
Speaker 13: With a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right three O three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino, Frank Duran, the real estate Man.
Speaker 2: I've told this story before, I'm gonna tell it again.
Speaker 3: He came out to our house in casselereq years ago, about ten eleven years ago, and we needed a realtor, and I love Frank.
Speaker 2: So he came out.
Speaker 3: We talked and he said, I want to list it for this amount. We're gonna wait till this particular day. And I said, Frank, that's crazy. I know I can sell it for more than that. What are you doing And he goes, look, it's part of the secret, sauce.
Speaker 2: Let me do my job.
Speaker 5: I let you talk on the radio, you let me sell your house.
Speaker 3: And I said, okay, So I was all in. First time I used Frank. He ended up getting me way more than I thought I could get for the house. He created a bidding war, a frenzy, and he did this matter horn I think it's called a matter horn three D walkthrough on our house. We had over one hundred thousand people over that weekend. He listed it Friday. By Monday morning, over one hundred thousand people virtually walked through the house. We had about ten different for an offers. Then they got into a bidding war and we've got we maximize that so much it's unbelievable. Then I didn't want to move the pool table. Listen to this the pool tables are paying the ass to move. Plus in the new house. The pool table we had in that house.
Speaker 5: Was too small.
Speaker 2: I didn't want the pool table and I didn't want the theater set up.
Speaker 15: We had.
Speaker 5: It's pain in the ass to move too.
Speaker 3: So Frank went to him and said, hey, you know what, you know, we're starting to think that maybe you guys should buy this pool table and stuff from him too to make this easy because he doesn't want to get sure enough.
Speaker 2: He sold it to him for me so I didn't have to move it.
Speaker 3: I got maximum dollars at Frank's the man you want the best negotiator out there, that's him. And then when he helped us with our house and Frank down our new house man, when I say he came through, he told us how to make the offer, how much to say, how many days to give him to think about, and he put the timeframe on him. He did the art of the deal he did. He said, you know, you got twenty four hours to accept this offer. And it was an incredible kind of a cash offer. And we were gonna not do this and that because we already had the house fully checked out. It was crazy, but Frank saved us close to one hundred thousand dollars with those people. So Frank Duran homes dot com, he's the one you want. Frank duranhomes dot Com. Now let's move on. We're moving on and moving on.
Speaker 2: Nick Ravena, Hey, Nick, how are you doing?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 20: Hey?
Speaker 2: It was great seeing me at the house the other day too, bro.
Speaker 21: Yeah, beautiful place.
Speaker 2: Hey, I appreciate it. It's kind of cool coming out to the country, isn't it.
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 24: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's neat man.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 3: We had a guy call up what are the options these days on doggie doors and sliding glass doors? We all know about the inserts that you can pop in, but then you can't use the full sliding part of the door. Do you guys sell, Does Gravina sell any kind of like doors that are already built in that are all glass or what are the different Jim Snack?
Speaker 21: So the ones we do are not the inserts. We actually custom build a piece of glass with a cutout, and then we have a double flap pet door that comes in about twelve sizes and four colors that goes right into the glass unit that slides.
Speaker 16: With the door.
Speaker 21: So the door's fully functional, fully operational. The lock goes with the door itself, the interlocks, it all seals locks, and then it's actually made into the glass and we get that custom made.
Speaker 2: That is incredible. So it's really just the doggy door.
Speaker 3: It's not like having something the entire height of the door, right, it's only up to whatever the doggy door size is.
Speaker 5: Then the rest is glass.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 21: Again, so basically if you imagine the state of Utah upside down, Yeah, that's how we make the glass with the cutout and the inserts. You know, they're nice and they're cheaper, but you know, you don't get the full opening and they don't seal. And I think it's actually a security issue.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good point too. I didn't think about that.
Speaker 3: And there's no way to really if it was a single let's say it was a single pain door, which I don't even think you can get in Colorado, or you shouldn't. Is there any way to cut one into it or I mean that's just insanity.
Speaker 21: I mean you can't, but you can't cut the glass. You just have to order a new piece of glass with the cutout and switch that out and then install the door.
Speaker 2: Which would be crazy. You might as well look at a new door.
Speaker 21: Yeah again, you know, we do it all the time. We have one on display in our showroom down here. We sell tons of them. They have a lexand cover on the inside too, so if you're going to go to sleep for the night or go out of the you know, for the weekend, you know, you can put that up so nobody can get in. So, I mean, they're they're amazing doors.
Speaker 3: How much more are they compared to like, let's say the regular doors three thousand dollars throw a number out, How much more to have that built in doggie door?
Speaker 5: Roughly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not that much.
Speaker 21: But again it's you know, they have ones for size of the toulas and they have ones for like great gains, So that's really, you know, the big difference then. Plus if you have a five foot patiodor versus a ten foot patiod or, that also changes the price too. But it could probably be anywhere from probably a thousand up to probably three thousand, just depending on all the options.
Speaker 3: Wow, I dig it, man, Hey, Nick, I appreciate you coming on. I can't wait to get our new door installed.
Speaker 2: Man. I was a little bummed out when you told me it was a custom order.
Speaker 5: So listen to this.
Speaker 3: Our height of our sliding glass door is a half inch custom, meaning what size is it again, Nick, isn't it like eighty inches.
Speaker 5: Or what was it? Yeah?
Speaker 21: It's seventy nine inches right now? I need seventy nine and a half or standard.
Speaker 3: So our custom builder screwed me by a half inch. Why he would do that?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 5: I mean, really, I can't imagine why that was done. But we're looking.
Speaker 21: I mean that just could be the standard size of that manufacturer at that time too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. It's twenty years ago, so who knows. Hey, Nick, I really do appreciate it. Gravina Windows dot I'm that snick ravena. Thanks for coming on aick, Gravina Windows dot com. As I always say, twenty different window manufactures, fifty line of windows, Sam and Byron, You're on deck.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 16: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five one line open.
Speaker 5: We would love to hear from you. It's card day.
Speaker 3: Uh, let's use been holding the longest. I'm gonna go to Sam than Byron. Byron hold tight there and then surely you'll be after that. But Sam, it says, props to Rod and Kevin, and I started thinking, Now, JFR cars. Rod sells cars, so that's what he does. He doesn't repair cars. Kevin repairs cars. So they've got props to both. So I'm dying to know how they both tie in. I jokingly said, I wonder if Sam bought a car from JFR and had to get it fixed by Kevin. JFR didn't find it that funny, but I find it hilarious. Sam, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Are the guys in the studio with you?
Speaker 5: They're right next to me. Yep, we're here, Okay, Rod, I'm here, buddy.
Speaker 18: What we're doing you guys great koodles were taking care of my daughter's car.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 5: Was it help us?
Speaker 18: Oh well, the under the warranty, the head Gasca.
Speaker 5: Blue on the car, the FOURD escape. Yeah, that was a challenge that one.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a minute, that's what happened. So he did buy a car from you, and you sold him a warranty. I did, and then Kevin, you got it fixed under the warranty.
Speaker 5: We did. But originally the warranty decline the repair. Why they said it was pre existing, which was nonsense.
Speaker 18: It was.
Speaker 5: We got back and forth. I got with Rod, he got with the warranty company. We got with the warranty company. It was about a thirty day window of mess. But you got it fixed. We got to fix and got it paid for it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it is Sam. I've got to tell you something.
Speaker 3: It is so important to have the right people behind you, because I'll tell you what, if you bought that from anybody else, You're not going to walk into you know, short line and convince someone to spend that kind of time with the warranty company.
Speaker 2: Like both of these guys did. Good job, guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, over ten thousand. It was a big repair. They ended up putting a new.
Speaker 2: Motor in it, right, and they put a new He's got a brand new.
Speaker 5: Motor, another motor. I shouldn't have said it, right, Yeah, but I mean regardless, he's got a new motor for him. He's got a lower miless motor than he had. So yeah, it was well over ten grand with work.
Speaker 2: Oh, Sam, I am so glad you called in on that.
Speaker 5: Man. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Well, the thing is, if it wasn't for your show, this would have never happened.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm moving for you guys too.
Speaker 17: Well.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. I'll take every bit of that and more.
Speaker 3: In fact, I think we I think I personally should get more kudos than these two play together like sixty forty with that work.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't you agree, Dragon, Let's think about it.
Speaker 17: Oh very much. So you orchestrated the whole thing, I or that's right.
Speaker 2: I literally it was like the what's that guy called doctor?
Speaker 3: I was the conductor. No, Sam, I really do appreciate you calling in with ta man, and I appreciate it. I appreciate it. Hey, real quick, Jay afar Rod, you sell you actually find people new cars.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't realize it.
Speaker 3: A good broker if someone calls up and says, hey, I'm looking for a new uh whatever, a new Honda blah blah blah, Right, you go out and find it. You have relationships across the country and you basically shop.
Speaker 5: For we do we do. This week was a good week with Lexus. We bought five Lexus from.
Speaker 6: The Lexus store and they took care of the customers and we helped out and assisted that whole entire process.
Speaker 2: So you do all the let's just put it and it is.
Speaker 3: You do all the negotiations right now, do you even get down to the point where when they're closing, do they go to the dealership or do they close through you?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 5: How does that work? They close through us, so they.
Speaker 3: Don't even have that high pressure trying to sell you the undercoading and the mop and glow and all that crap they're dealing with you guys.
Speaker 6: Right, they know all their prices before they even see the car. So that's the one nice thing. And I had to lot yesterday. We delivered Alexis to the customer's house and they just absolutely appreciated that.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, So you go that extra step too. Mm hmm, that's pretty incredible.
Speaker 3: Let's talk incentives real quick, and then surely, Yvonne Byron, I promise I'll get to you a Byron, You're going to be next. But let me ask you this right now, incentives seem pretty good, right, it seems like everybody, what's like, tell me about some of the incentives out there right now? Is there zero percent financing? Like what's going on right now? I'll tell you what Tesla is doing, Okay, So one of the reasons I might In fact, it looks like we are buying an ax I already put the money down.
Speaker 2: We can get in about three weeks.
Speaker 3: But I'm waiting right towards the end of the month because the guy told me, with Tesla, you put two hundred and fifty down, there's no brokers involved. You deal with Tesla only unity unless it's us. That's a difference, right, So it's a new one free supercharging, which is unbelievable, okay. And then he said, if I wait till the end of the month, there could be new incentives come out, so therefore I would get to take advantage of those as well, which I didn't know.
Speaker 5: But outside of the Tesla Realm.
Speaker 3: What kind of incentives are these manufacturers doing right now that even you think are great.
Speaker 6: You know, most manufacturer has something out there, whether it's on the finance side on the lease side. For example, Lexus is offering two thousand dollars off the car if you go through their leasing program.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: Well, and there's no penalty if you if you are the type of guy that just wants the two thousand dollars off and they'll pay off the car in thirty days.
Speaker 5: Then they can buy the car right right, And.
Speaker 2: They're not allowed to when Colorado casts a penalty right right right. Wow, that's a little sneaky, it is, But.
Speaker 6: They get they take advantage of the two thousand dollars off yea, and off in thirty days.
Speaker 2: Did the people you delivered it to did they do that with their license?
Speaker 6: No, they're a peerists. They said, no, we don't like that. We pay cash for everything. I said, in spite of the fact that you want to, you'll save the two grand. They said, we're purists.
Speaker 2: I love them to do that.
Speaker 3: I have done that with incentives where you get like say five thousand off or whatever it is, but you have to use their financing like CONDI right for like five point nine six point nine, So you get to five grand off, but you're roped into the five nine, and then you wait thirty days, You wait till basically the bill comes and then you pay the whole thing off.
Speaker 2: And you got to five thousand dollars off. So I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I would take advantage of it too, but I understand the peers. Okay, listen, I got to take this break surely. Byron von one line open, three h three Martino, we got a lot cooking.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So if you had to live my life.
Speaker 5: I kill myself. Thank you, doc. So we have a call screener, Kelly.
Speaker 2: Her name's Kelly. Everybody knows Kelly. So here's the deal. Though, she puts up on the screen Brian, who's the caller's name, But then in brackets she puts spelled Byron.
Speaker 5: That's what it said.
Speaker 3: So instead of saying surely like line one, or Yvonne like line four, that's.
Speaker 16: Not what it says.
Speaker 5: It's said R y O N say said Brian is spelled different. But why the hell would she put that up?
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you just put up whatever it's phonetically sounded like. For the life of me, why why would I care? Any other way? I don't care if his name was Phil and it was spelled Frank. I just want you to put Phil up there. I don't need to know how he spells it. Does that make sense?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Am I the only one? Am I the only one that sees the flaw in what you did?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 13: So?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 5: No, no, not thank you.
Speaker 2: Now I don't even know his name, Brian. What's going on with you?
Speaker 15: Sir?
Speaker 20: No, it's actually an.
Speaker 5: No way, there is no way. You're go ahead, go ahead, b I'm gonna call you b.
Speaker 20: Go ahead, Brian, that's fine too, but it is Brian, but I get Byron all the time.
Speaker 12: Thank you well, Thanks Tank Mincaol.
Speaker 20: I appreciate. I love your show.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 20: So I got this letter. It's from the Colorado Transportation Investment Office. Say official letterhead has a case number, says I'm in violation of a couple of different statues on my trip to the Terry Bison Ranch. I took the kids and the family up there around Christmas.
Speaker 5: Where did it come to? Where did you receive this?
Speaker 20: My home address?
Speaker 5: Is that where you're Is that where your vehicle's registered?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 20: It is, and they said they sent another notice to the same address, but I never received.
Speaker 3: I'm not so sure it is. I mean, this would be one of the most elaborate hoaxes ever. So it came snail mail to the address where that vehicle was registered. What are they saying you did?
Speaker 20: There's a couple different statues based on the toll roads. Because I did take the toll road. I have an HOV transponder. I had eight people in the car, four aults, four kids.
Speaker 2: And did you have the transponder on the correct which.
Speaker 18: I did.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what are they saying you were in the wrong lane? What are they accusing you of?
Speaker 20: It's just two different codes.
Speaker 5: Can you take a picture of that and send it to us?
Speaker 2: Like right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I can do that, all right?
Speaker 5: Hold on, Kelly, and I want to see a picture of this.
Speaker 3: At first, I thought, tell me that didn't sound like phony baloney. The Department of Traffic Safety blah blah blah blah blah, all kinds of crap like that. Listen, two lines open, three oh three, Martino, another hour coming up.
Speaker 5: I want to see you on the flip side.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you it's Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped up.
Speaker 2: News So you don't.
Speaker 1: Help running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martinez, welcome my friends to the only show of it's camera here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints.
Speaker 2: And by the way, it's car day here. It's a troubleshooter show.
Speaker 3: Kevin Cowkin joins me, sharing an autotech to my left, Rod Greer over to the right, Deputy d across from me, Deputy Dot to the right, Kelly answer and the phones and dragging running the board, simple as that. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, I want to tell you about a company I really like, and I kid you not it's a great company. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com eight eight eight Heating dot Com. That furnace has been running now all winter. It's time to get it cleaned, and it's forty five bucks. They're going to come out, spend hour and a half, two hours. You're not going to get a better deal. It's going to be one of the best bargains you got ever. And if it hasn't been cleaned in years, I mean you're crazy not to get it done. Dirt is the number one killer of a furnace. Why do they do it well, they do it very simply to introduce the company to you. They're great technicians, and everything they do they're going to put a no breakdown guarantee stick around there. And then on top of that, if something breaks in the future, you're going to know who to call.
Speaker 2: That's why they do it. It's not brain surgery. It's marketing.
Speaker 3: There's a cost to acquire a customer, and they got it down pat and by doing it this way they can actually show you what a great company they are. But get it booked now ready eight eight eight heating dot com eight eight eight heating dot com now got two lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Brian sent us a picture from the investigation office. You know what's funny is when Brian first called in and here's exactly what he told me.
Speaker 2: Let me pull this up.
Speaker 3: He said, Mark, I got a uh, I got a letter from you guys ready for this. I have never heard of this office from Tell me if this doesn't sound thick. The Colorado Transportation Investment Office a division of the Colorado Department of Transportation. Well, CTIO is what it's called, and it's as real as he gets. Brian, you actually crossed over that line when you weren't supposed to, and it looks like you already waited too long to go through the proper channels of fighting it. So you owe that money and you better pay it. That's the bottom line.
Speaker 20: So I never received that first notice, and I don't feel that I did. I mean, I have four other adults in the car that witnessed me driving. Well, I did not cross that line.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the issue. You only have a certain amount of time to complain about it.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you simply only have and I can't on this notice, it doesn't list how long, but generally you can go on the website and actually upload any evidence you have, if you have any. But when you cross over the lines, they have a picture somewhere. You could probably ask for the picture. Did they send you the picture?
Speaker 4: Pay to nine?
Speaker 20: And I never received an official first notice. This is the only notice that I've received.
Speaker 3: Well, you can call the phone. Call the phone number up on there. I mean, if that's the first notice it says failure to pay the amount due by three nineteen, you're going to have additional fees. How much is this one? Is this a seventy five or the one hundred? It looks like this one is third hundred. Oh it's one hundred and eighty. Oh yeah, one fifty plus entering express lane outside authorized access zones.
Speaker 5: They're going to have a picture of you.
Speaker 3: You can call that number up and they'll probably give you the picture, or go to the website on here and you might be able to log in with the citation notice and see the picture. But they're going to have a picture somewhere of your vehicle crossing those double lines. I'm telling you right now, every single time we've gone down there, they have a picture of it. So it's not that you had four people in the car and you were in the right lane. It's that you cross the double lanes. That's what the infraction is. And we hear this argument all the time. Although I agree with you in theory, it's stupid. If you're allowed to be in that lane and you accidentally went into that lane a little passed where you were supposed to where they have the dotted lines, and you went in at the part where they're solid lines, it still doesn't matter. The infraction is going through the double lines. It's not being in the wrong lane when you're not supposed to be. You follow what I'm saying, and it's tricky.
Speaker 20: No, and I understand. So I mean, even if I maybe i'd like a fraction of that dotted line, you know, if I crossed over. I mean, I don't remember that happening, but I would like to see this picture. But I went on the website and there's no there's no pictures on the website. And I looked at the address, and the address shows this address at a Starbucks location, which seemed kind of shady. And I've never heard of the Colorado Transportation Investment offer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I looked it up. It seemed like this, So I call them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did here in the break called them and it was a legitimate number. Yeah, it's legit, man, you better pay it before it goes up. I think you already ran out of time to fight it. I don't see that usually. I see that website on here. This is a little different than the ones I've seen before.
Speaker 20: But the Express express Lane Safety dot Com, Yeah, there it is you and I did go there. Yeah, and I can request the hearing.
Speaker 5: That's what you want to do.
Speaker 2: But I think you're too late, okay, And if.
Speaker 3: You request the hearing, that's probably when they'd show you the video evidence. I'm telling you, we gone down this route, man, and every time, every time, a week later we end up seeing a picture of that car crossing the double lines, including and I'm gonna throw them under the bus right now.
Speaker 2: He said, there's no way that ever happened.
Speaker 5: I didn't do it.
Speaker 3: It's impossible, and I won't say why. But I'm the one that actually got the notice on it. And the notice was for Tom Martino and his damn g wagon was crossing right over the double line. Even though he swore up and down it couldn't have happened, never happened. It was a setup. They're out to get them. It was as real as real. Kid, Get Brian. My advice to you is pay it.
Speaker 20: Okay. I appreciate your hell, thank you, all right?
Speaker 5: Well, thanks Byron.
Speaker 14: What could happen if he doesn't pay it? If the price goes up? Oh, eventually, what happens to me?
Speaker 3: If eventually you're gonna owe a ton of money, You're gonna have attorney's fees, and you're not gonna be able to register your car.
Speaker 5: Oh, that last part sucks.
Speaker 3: That's that's what we call the teeth, the teeth in the entire thing, right, because a lot of people can go forever with the.
Speaker 2: Bill getting higher if there's nothing else that happens.
Speaker 5: But that's not the case.
Speaker 2: Here one line open three zero three seven one three A.
Speaker 5: Two five five.
Speaker 2: Now let's see who's been waiting the longest. Surely, what's going on with you?
Speaker 5: Shirley?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 18: Mark, I have a twenty fifteenfe sport and the lice and plates are due for renewals, and this time they're asking for an emissions test. Sure but looking looking back a few months ago, I had diagnostic the codes read at at one of these auto parts stores, and it shows that the system has too rich, just as system too rich, and that it's not it's not going to pass the amision.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't well if it's not going to pass or not, and I sure wouldn't go there. Let me ask you this, is it visibly smoking it all?
Speaker 12: It does?
Speaker 18: Sometimes that's a problem the time, and the smoke is kind of white.
Speaker 2: Well, are you talking like in cold weather or are you talking at smoke smokes?
Speaker 18: You know what I really don't pay attention. I think miles do you have on it, Shirley, I have ninety four thousand?
Speaker 5: Did you buy it Newsre's.
Speaker 18: I bought it used at eighteen thousand miles.
Speaker 2: Okay, first of all, let me say this. I owned that exact vehicle.
Speaker 3: I had a black one, and when it had ninety six thousand miles on it, it was consuming oil and it was smoking.
Speaker 5: A little bit.
Speaker 3: I brought it up to the dealer and they did a consumption test on it, and I got a new engine. But I was the original owner and it was under ten years. I got a new engine and it went great. I assume your vehicle, because it's the same as mine, probably has the same problem. It's consuming oil and that's why it's smoking a little bit. Now I'm gonna let Kevin talk with Sheridan audience.
Speaker 5: Is your tech ends in light on? Is that what you're concerned about?
Speaker 18: It goes off and on.
Speaker 12: I just learned to ignore it because that's what it does.
Speaker 18: But it did put some code did come up back in August.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't matter. That's not gonna matter.
Speaker 18: For what Hundai says, replaces it because it's got such a high oil consumption problem.
Speaker 3: And if you were the original owner, you might have got that covered. Hey, surely I'm going to give you a trick. You want a trick, Yes, I do. I can't guarantee it's gonna work, but I'll tell you what I would do. I would go on to the website for what is it? Colorado air What tells it? Call guys, Yeah, AirCare, Colorado AirCare, Colorado. They have mobile sites everywhere, and they're usually at the entryway onto a highway. I see one in Castle Rock on Founders all the time. And all you do is drive by. You don't go to an Misis's place. You don't do anything like that. If your car can pass, I would drive by it. And if your car passes, what happens? You get a notice, You get noticed in your renewal that has already been testing. You get a notice that it's already been tested. That way, they're not going to see a check engine light. They're not going to scrutinize the vehicle. Basically, it's either going to pass or not when it's warmed up. Kevin, Let's say she does have an oil consumption problem, and mine wasn't horrible, but I know exactly what she's saying. Sure, When is the best time to drive by one? Is it when it's cold? Is it when it's warmed up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, once it's warm typically. I mean, what are your plates do though.
Speaker 12: This month?
Speaker 5: Then you don't have time for that. It's too late, it's too nic it's too late to do paperwork I have he's already got the card in hand. Yeah I did not. I would just take it to an emission place and hope for the best. That's all you can do.
Speaker 2: Are the lights on right now?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 18: They're on often, on whenever they want want to be, I mean right now. They're probably not a lifetime warranty on the engine.
Speaker 3: So oh you have a lifetime wait wait wait, how did you get a lifetime warranty on that end?
Speaker 14: Some of them actually came with a lifetime warranty maybe to the original owner and.
Speaker 8: Hasferable Yeah, it's for everybody.
Speaker 14: And even in the extended warranties due to oil consumption, are they still apply to subsequent owners? Hey, I think you should take it to the dealer first, see if it's covered by any warranty.
Speaker 5: Absolutely good, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: If it really does have that she's got the code for the oil.
Speaker 5: Consumption I did.
Speaker 18: Yeah, And what they what they did is they kept that they did a test on it and then you know, and then they said that the test passed, they reset the computer and sent me on my way.
Speaker 11: So they said, if it.
Speaker 18: Happens again that it'll probably at that point will probably replace.
Speaker 5: The Well, okay, so what what dealer did.
Speaker 2: You bring it to?
Speaker 18: To McDonald Sunday.
Speaker 3: And they said they're the ones that found mine. No problems, no problems at all, and I had a new engine in about a month. I'm shot. They said that the oil consumption test is really basic. They basically they fill it up, then you drive it for about thirty days and you bring it back and if it's not the exact.
Speaker 2: Same amount of oil, you get an engine and it's not brand.
Speaker 14: Surgery and mark if I heard Shirley correct, They said, if this happens again, come back and we'll probably replace it.
Speaker 5: Tell it get back. You got to get that hand right now and check and make sure you don't run out of oil in the meantime.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So I do watch the oil level and it's always going down. And I did take it for the consumption test initially.
Speaker 11: And because I had read about it.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and they didn't want to do it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't care if they want to do it or not. Okay, Shirley, please, they told me that.
Speaker 3: So, Shirley, when's the last time you were at McDonald Hondetumber maybe? Okay, listen, I want you to bring it back if it there, well, I want you to bring it back there. Bring it back there and tell them it's still consuming oil and I want to get this fixed. You tell them that and then let us know what happened. And I promise you this, If they're not going to do it this second time, I will personally get involved and I will call over there and talk to the service manager and figure out why they're saying they're not going to do it.
Speaker 2: Because it's absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 3: That vehicle when it gets up around eighty thousand miles, consumes more oil than it's supposed to. I didn't realize, like D said, and I just looked it up. They extended that warranty and passed it on to other people. You deserve an engine in that vehicle, can, I said I to.
Speaker 18: The service manager because I gave them a bad rating for a couple of reasons, but yeah, they would refuse to do the consumption oil consumption test, and they their recommendation was that I do the combustion chamber cleaning first and go through their pro through the steps that they're tuning.
Speaker 2: So they were trying to tell you something.
Speaker 5: It's a process they want you to go through first. It's not automatic as it was before. They're trying to extend the life of these motors. So they're there is the cleaning that they do.
Speaker 2: How much did they want to charge you for that cleaning?
Speaker 18: It was over one thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: See that that's my problem. It's an issue, but that's what they're doing.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, then what other dan if McDonald Hondi's are being ass it's fine, they can be acid. Are of other Hondai dealers all over. I bring it to a wrapper, no offense to them. But they're so if you drop something off over there, it takes a month to get it back.
Speaker 2: They've got a small service department.
Speaker 18: Who so I took it to Planet Hyundai in December for an oil chain.
Speaker 2: And what they say, and.
Speaker 18: They didn't do the consumption chest, but I did call a month later. I called and I told him where the oil level is?
Speaker 4: What they say.
Speaker 18: And they just they don't They really don't say anything.
Speaker 5: Hold on, surely, hold on, I got to take a break.
Speaker 3: I mean, so so far no matter who she talks to, won't do anything for surely, I think possibly, maybe you're not approaching or breaching the subject.
Speaker 5: Right, we'll talk after this.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remac allions three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 5: Two an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. I'm gonna get back to Shirley. Shirley, listen here, here's the bottom line. You've got to advocate for yourself a little better. Write in the bad reviews on McDonald for whatever reason, they probably don't want to deal with you. And then if you bring it back to what was the other one you said you brought it to planet, if you had a good report with them, maybe bring it back, but you got to drop it off for oil consumption. Say listen, it's consuming oil. We've already done the test. We know it's doing it.
Speaker 2: Look up in the records from McDonald.
Speaker 3: And then on top of that, uh, it's smoking sometimes and I'm not going to pass emissions in my missions.
Speaker 2: Do I have this warranty?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: The other thing you can do is call up Hondai directly. Have you done that? Well?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 8: I knew.
Speaker 5: I swear to God.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I swear to God. Wait a minute, I swear to God.
Speaker 3: I said to these guys during break, I'm going to bring up different ideas, and I guarantee she's done everyone. Surely I would call Hondai back again then and get through to them and say, guys, I brought it to two different places. It's consuming over you know, a cort of oil every x amount. This is getting ridiculous. Now I got to pass emissions.
Speaker 5: What do I do?
Speaker 3: Who do you want me to bring it to? And that's what I would do, and then that that would be it. I mean, I can't imagine from there they're not going to do anything. This isn't brain surgery. But to have to spend one thousand dollars on whatever those guys wanted you to do, I don't agree with that at all. I would not do that in a million years, and shame McDonald for that if they actually did that, mcdonaldld Hondai.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with that whatsoever.
Speaker 18: Yeah, thank you Marca, Yeah, okay, I will give it another try and call up.
Speaker 3: Go away, Call up there debt number? Now, where is that? When you were talking about where are you located?
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, listen, Uncle Kevin figured something out on that Hondi. This is interesting. I'm hoping she's still listening. So, Kevin, what you're reading and we're talking about a lot lifetime warranty on the engine for oil consumption on certain Santa Fez and for that matter, certain hondais So what you found out is go ahead.
Speaker 5: They are requiring a certified carbon cleaning of the cylinders before they will honor a warranty for consumption and breakdown. What that is is truly just an additive.
Speaker 21: What is it?
Speaker 5: It's a spray and under pressure that will go into the engine. As the engine's running, you're producing this and the rings, the oil rings stick from carbon. So they're hoping that they can clean the rings thereby stopping the oil consumption and not have to replace the motor.
Speaker 3: And they're saying the approximate cost is that the four to six hundred, and this lady was quoted over one thousand.
Speaker 5: Said out of thousands, maybe a little high.
Speaker 3: So there's two questions here. One, could you do it for somebody? And I already know you can do that, But will Hondi accept that evidence because you said they use.
Speaker 5: The word certified. They did stay certified.
Speaker 3: Generally, that's going to be little. If I think of a certified used car, it's going to be that's a used car. It's sold through the same manufacturers dealers. So I would say, you probably have to go to Hondai, which I have problems with in general, but it is what it is.
Speaker 5: It is what it is.
Speaker 3: And then the second thing is if she had that done, then I guess they just run the oil consumption again. So if she's still listening, I would call around to different Hondaid dealers. It's probably even worth a trip, you know, into the the tech center. I would call a rap a ho on that one. You might have to set up a time, but Kevin, that's something you could generally wait on. Or is that something you would drop off dealerships.
Speaker 5: It's hard to wait for much anything. Yeah, yeah, but it's it's you know, anywhere from an hour to three hours and then they'd be done.
Speaker 3: So an hour to three hours, I would call around and get the best price on that from a Hondaid dealer and then deal with that dealer because listen, they get paid on the warranty work. It's not like generally speaking, unless if there's so busy, they're turning away stuff and that's just simply not happening right now. The bottom line is they get paid. They might not get paid their full hourly rate, but these guys get paid to do these swaps. There's no doubt about it. Question for JFR call cars. Oh I'm sorry, Sean, I promise your next Jan I left off with you. That trouble code, Kevin, you looked it up.
Speaker 5: What is it? It's a it's failure for one of the banks. I think this one's bank one to go on to what they call closed loop. So once the car warms out, so it's an emissions it's an emissions thing where the computer takes over when you first start a car, and it's called it has standard settings, so it's not adjusting once the car hits closed loop is the term. The computer takes over all function of the emissions.
Speaker 2: Jan what's your question.
Speaker 22: Well, it says it's a control motor lock malfunction.
Speaker 3: Give the code again. We might be looking at two different codes. Give it again. P.
Speaker 22: Eleven eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a closed loop function not achieved.
Speaker 2: It could it be the same thing. He's just reading a different description. What's your description again.
Speaker 22: Control, motor lock, malfunction.
Speaker 2: A loop, a lock, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 22: Yeah, here, but here's the deal. Yeah, I had the car sat for quite a while, so I had the fuel tank the fuel purge, and then they did a BG fuel Induction system service got it and the code showed up after that. But the check engine light is not on and it just passed the missions.
Speaker 5: What could that be?
Speaker 2: Well, wait, so the code hasn't come back on.
Speaker 22: Well, no check engine light is on, but the code showed up when they ran the emissions test at air Care Colorado.
Speaker 2: Well wait a minute, I mean that doesn't make I mean, who really? So it showed up in the history.
Speaker 5: It could be a history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all they saw it in the history.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not an active It wasn't.
Speaker 22: I didn't have that code when the car was decommissioned.
Speaker 2: But Jen hold on, that could have been set when they were draining the tank. That could have been set at any time.
Speaker 3: But even more important, I don't even know why it matters because typically when that code goes off, wouldn't it set a check engine light?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Would so?
Speaker 3: I mean, if your check engine light is not on and it works, meaning you know it works, then I wouldn't worry about it. It's a history code. And some of the scanners to give you an idea scanner it maybe a part store. They're not going to clear the history. They're just going to clear the code, and it's still going to be in history. And then, Jen, I'm telling you, I really think it's just a history code. Man, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Speaker 22: Yeah. When I put my little LOBD scanner in, it pulls the code.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 22: And because the light isn't so I guess my question to Kevin is this is something that a technician can just clear the code?
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, it should not be a big deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would be able to clear the history.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, be clear at all. Yep.
Speaker 22: That's it, okay, And I just have one other thing go ahead out there since this car day, Yeah, I did some restoration on this and to do that, I bought a Donor ls A nineteen ninety nine. Yeah, and I used some parts from that and it has one hundred and fifty six thousand miles on it and I'm going to sell that.
Speaker 3: So oh if anybody is looking for it, yeah, looking for parts for an LS. Yeah, parts for an LS help at troubleshooter dot com. You can email us if you're looking for it. Help h E L P at troubleshooter dot com. Sean, what's your question for JFR cars?
Speaker 25: I was just wondering.
Speaker 24: I've been looking for a Raptor R, but I'm not going to pay no Twenty five grand over sticker.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what dad is.
Speaker 3: Hold on, let me take that break, and Rod's gonna uh suck that information down and tell you what he can do.
Speaker 2: Everybody, hold tight.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Hey, Sean, Wow, that is some truck. Brother, My god, it's like one hundred and twenty five thousand, zero to sixty like in three point eight. That is one bad ass forward. Now here's the question, JFR cars. You can usually save people money buying a new car on something like that that is so in demand. I mean, where do you even start on that?
Speaker 5: You know what I'd do.
Speaker 6: I'd just do a locate and see if I can find that dealer that's willing to sell it for MSRP or below, depending on what his demand and what area he's in, and then we can start from there.
Speaker 3: Now, do you ever order directly from the manufacturer for people because they want a very specific color or you know, a trim that's usually not sold.
Speaker 5: We can, but it's indirect.
Speaker 2: It have to go through a dealership, so you have relationships with different dealers.
Speaker 3: We do, so there's still a chance. Hey, Sean, if you looked up if you custom order it, I mean, are they still coming in at twenty five k higher?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 24: And I have a one of the dealers in Denver kind of screw me over after it came in.
Speaker 5: Why what happened?
Speaker 24: They sold it out from underneath?
Speaker 5: It's for much more? Did you have a deposit down on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now wait a minute, how do it they have done that? You literally had a deposit in ave number? Does the contract?
Speaker 24: I didn't it have been okay, but I put an order in and I put five hundred dollars down.
Speaker 2: And how do you know it was yours that came in?
Speaker 24: Well, it had been like it had been like twelve months, and I'm like, it was a dealership right by my house?
Speaker 2: What dealership was it?
Speaker 25: Still?
Speaker 24: Long forward?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'd be pissed too, man, I wouldn't even.
Speaker 6: Well, Sean, let me give me a call, let me give you my cell phone number, and then let me let me just search the country because there's there's a lot of states that will have an allocation and we'll only sell MSRP and those guys will be in a much better position.
Speaker 2: I never thought about that. There is state laws. What's one of the states that you have to sell it MSR I'm not sure off the top of Yeah, yeah, right, that's your secret, sauce.
Speaker 3: I know what he's saying. So hold on, Sean. That might be a great thing. And that's why I love about JFR. You don't enter in when people call you up saying, hey, I've been looking around at a new Honda Odyssey or whatever the hell it is. So you go out and you find the best deal on it, and you do you do everything. They even do the closing with you. That there is still the manufacturer's warranty.
Speaker 2: Everything's everything's the same.
Speaker 5: Just get that little and you might even.
Speaker 2: Deliver it to their house right.
Speaker 5: In fact, it's almost like it in the valet service. We try not being serious. That's pretty good, that's really cool.
Speaker 3: So you save money. Is there any cars you don't do Tesla besides Tesla, but you'll do use Tesla.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll do use Tesla. We have a couple right now.
Speaker 2: But there's Tesla.
Speaker 3: You just so people know you have no choice Tesla. They don't have dealerships. In fact, to me, I think all manufacturers should go that way, honestly. But that's a whole different conversation. But any other any other, how about if I wanted a.
Speaker 8: New you go.
Speaker 5: You can find that one yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, what's the hardest car you've sourced that you've actually come through and had to sale?
Speaker 2: Something strange, maybe not hard, but something unique.
Speaker 5: I think the like a GT a Ferrari, A Ferrari, A Ferrari. Wow, big bots, it was really nice. Did you get to drive it? I got in it. I don't like Ferraris are made for a small Italian. Come sixty one, you're not fitting in a Ferrari night one might get into a.
Speaker 2: So Jfi cars. Here's the phone number.
Speaker 3: Anybody out there, And I'm not kidding three oh three five twenty sixty eight thirty nine. If you've been looking around you're sick of walking in and out doing the walkout, I'm good at it. I'll walk in there and I'll say, don't you don't you tell me you got to go talk to somebody in the back room, I'll do the walkout and I'll do it right here. I've been there. I've been pitting them against each other. It's a pain in the ass. Have these guys do it for you? JFR cars dot com. JFR cars dot com or three oh three five twenty sixty eight thirty nine.
Speaker 5: Hey Kyle, what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Really quick?
Speaker 22: Man?
Speaker 25: Yeah, it's a quick problem. So I bought this car used but Vinci and he gets cold, like below thirty miles, like thirty degrees. My displaying south. System will turn off and turn back on, and there's times when it's really cold, it'll do it like several times.
Speaker 5: So it just reboots. Is it a touchscreen, Yeah, no.
Speaker 25: It's not a touch screen. It's got like a little knob on the center card.
Speaker 2: Kevin Sheridan, Auto Tech cold weather.
Speaker 5: Cross hats a couple. It could be a weak battery. Uh so unless you the battery can be dropping vaultage. They also had problems with the SD card they're using that.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, I got to ask you this.
Speaker 3: So even if the car is running on the alternator, if the batteries no good, the radio is probably pulling from the battery.
Speaker 2: So therefore it could.
Speaker 5: Recycle like guess it can do different things to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and then what were you saying?
Speaker 5: They had problems with the SD cards the navigation SD card because it's a whole system navigation. It's just corrupt the cards. So it reboots the system.
Speaker 3: With weather related though cult yeah, it's from a defective card. Now wait a second, have you popped out that card, Kyle?
Speaker 25: No, because I haven't really I work, so I don't have time to do it.
Speaker 5: But isn't that wait, a minute. Isn't that just a paper clip or something?
Speaker 2: How do you pop it out? Kevin?
Speaker 5: I don't. I'm not one percent familiar, but I've read about them.
Speaker 2: Because look up how to pop out the SD card navigation or the navigation card and see if that fixes it. And if so, there you go. That was cheap and easy.
Speaker 25: Yeah, the dealership and then.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yeah, in fact, and if that doesn't do it, bring it up to Kevin. If it's an electrical problem. I mean, that's what they do when they bought Lakewood Electric. By the way, Kevin Cock can share it an auto tech. Here's the bottom line. These guys can do all your maintenance. They can do the air conditioner service coming up. They can check for leaks on it, cooling system flushes, they can do tire rotations, break jobs, alternators, full engine. They can do all the maintenance you need. And it doesn't break any warranties and you're going to get a better price in the dealer. Everything they do is three year, thirty six thousand mile nationwide, and they can do all the repairs. If it breaks, they can fix it almost every single brand, right, Kevin, I mean, really, besides full electrics. You work on everything yep, shardanautotech dot com. Hey listen, I appreciate you spending the afternoon with us on The Troubleshooter Show. We're going to be back here Monday, fighting crime, same BAT time, same BAT channel. Thank you, Dragon Kelly, thank you, Rod Greer, Kevincoalkindeputy Doc Dimitri