Speaker 1: Hey, listen to Comedical Podcast episode four seventy six. I'm brandom here with Ryan and we're gonna start our engines with a little bit of ether drip.
Speaker 2: Now up, Hey, Ryan, We're back for yet another whirlwind adventure.
Speaker 3: How you doing good? What's going down?
Speaker 1: Well? My mic was going down. I fixed it.
Speaker 3: That's producer Gary's floppy mic.
Speaker 1: We hope everybody liked this week's version of the theme song. Last week did not get rave reviews, so we're gonna keep trying. We got a new set to talk about some of the exciting things Ryan's into it. I unsurprisingly maybe am not as excited as maybe Ryan is. But we're gonna talk to you all about that in a little bit. But first we have to thank our official business Daddy's Fusion Gaming Online dot Com. They or source for all your gaming needs, special promo calls, CCO Holiday, save yourself five percent off all your ether drift magnus, get yourself engined up, gassed up and good to go. Also Pile of Bones brewing coal. They are the second coolest thing to come out of Regina, as well as the official refreshment sponsor for c CEO Sidewalks Lam season three in editing to be aired right here on YouTube.
Speaker 3: We took a little sneak peek and and it looks really good. Oh there's producer Gary Big. Thanks to producer Gary. The whole damn studio duffern av dot com. Check it out. That's where we are. Love it We we just had a whole meeting. We looked at the start of season three of Sidewalks Last so good. It was so we player intros and Brando intros. Man, I'm I'm super excited to show it off.
Speaker 1: I'm pumped too. I think people are gonna like it.
Speaker 3: For for Game one, we had two Patreon guests from out of town and out of town.
Speaker 1: Actually out of town, out of country.
Speaker 3: And Thomas and Thomas and Thomas who was.
Speaker 1: Who was waiting in the studio very patiently. Yes, weird, weird that you know?
Speaker 3: It was weird?
Speaker 1: People hear it.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: We're all characters. We're all characters, that's the truth. But I guess you spend too much time around us. You always come out with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna have to tune in to find out what we mean. And I'll tell you this. We have our next set of guests lined up already, do we we do?
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I'm gonna I'm gonna surprise you because I don't even know if one of them knows yet. Oh, but he was volunt old. And if you know, you know, if you're that one person out there, then you know who is it. Oh, I'm not gonna tell you.
Speaker 1: Well, how am I supposed to do it? If I don't know who it is?
Speaker 3: Oh? You know, but I don't know. We just it just told me. You didn't tell me you you know him? You know him.
Speaker 1: I probably don't even know him.
Speaker 3: If you wanted to in or sorry, if you want to be on the show, get after us, get after us. If you're a local, if you're a Patreon supporter, that certainly helps with all of the the oh man, the mega amount of time I've already spent editing is for the patrons. They told us they wanted it back, and we started this season off with with Patreon guests. We've got Patreon guests lined up, so we very much appreciate them. But if you can't make it out to sunny and frigid and windy Saskatoon and you want to be on a CCO gameplay video. We've got curbside pickup with Jenny McCarthy's brother who puts those together for our patrons, and invitations for that are in the discord server.
Speaker 1: One of the many benefits of being a patron of Commander cookout over at patreon dot com slash CCO podcast.
Speaker 3: There you go, And we have a new one or returning one. And I don't remember his nickname. This is Hunter Mackenzie. I know something very dirty that rhymes with hunter.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's one of like the words that you have to say though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to call him punter because punting is like a magic term. When you make a bad mistake and he's in the nation, you know, you're probably not very good at magic.
Speaker 1: Hunter also somebody that like goes to porn theaters and jerks off but in the UK.
Speaker 3: Okay, Punter Mackenzie, welcome to the show. Terrible at magic and a terrible human being. Yeah yeah, okay, cool, welcome.
Speaker 1: Great to have you likes to do the old pee wee Herman that you play with yourself in public. Oh do you think pee wee Herman makes pee wee herman noises? During intercourse?
Speaker 3: You know I would have gone my whole life not wanting to know that and not knowing what pee wee herman noises were. Please never do that again.
Speaker 1: Fine, yeah, So anyways, give big Top Adventure, don't go.
Speaker 3: I kind of want to. We we're here. We're talking ether drift today, big thanks to business daddies. That's where I'm going to be picking up my ether drift. And that's where I want to start because I don't know what what the mother asked to get. I was going to get a collector box and a bundle because that's what I thought would give me a the yellow foil lands YEP and some other like regular lands and a bunch of boosters and foils and vehicles to open. But you are the collecting MTG pack opening experts, despite how terrible you are at opening packs.
Speaker 1: I know where things should be. They're just not there when I happen to open that. It's fine. I have an understanding.
Speaker 3: Oh basically okay, I have up in front of me collecting ether drift. Yes, and I had some question for you. That's French for question.
Speaker 1: It is we are bilingual here in the nation by law because we were like Canada.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, so ether drift serialized cards.
Speaker 1: Yes, only one, only one of them. There's just the ether Spark And you like this, I think I do. I like this concept. The ether Spark itself not so much, but the concept of doing this is they did the same thing in a Stratramaster, just came out with Sword Markov or Edgar Markov. Yeah. Right, Like there's one chase card and you can get it in regular stuff. You can get it however, or you can get it in the super duper serialized And I think there might be a finish line foil serialized as well, but that might just be in my brain. But the point is there's five hundred these serialized cards out there. There's just one. So it gives like one chase kind of thing that you can be on the lookout for, as opposed to every thirteen different doctors, not different denominations to cards exactly right, all of that like one thing. There's like the one big showcase card of the set. You can get in a super duper duper duper duper premium edition. That's cool for people who like to collect stuff. And if you're just some Joe blow that opens one. Now you've got a super sweet piece of trade in to get the cards you actually do want.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. Oh and speaking of of Joe Blow, big thanks to editor Joe Blow who put this show together that you'd see if you're watching on YouTube, which should be because editor Joe works very hard and we appreciate him we do. Next one up, I want you to tell me about this, but but Producer Gary's got to isolate you because I figured out one of our lights is in the wrong spot. Oh so, Producer Gary, uh oh, there we go. Okay, Gary's got it. There we go.
Speaker 1: First Place foils only available in two places. Okay, there's two places you can get First Place foils, and they are in the box toppers that come with each sealed box of product that you buy the collector of the First Place bundle set booster bundles or play booster bundles of the how they're called the play Boosters boxes and collector booster boxes.
Speaker 3: Okay, so collector booster boxes, I can get yellow foils, correct finish line foils.
Speaker 1: Yes, And in each Collector First Place super Duper Bundle, you're gonna get a land pack that has some of the First Place foil lands in it. Each box topper will contain one foil yellow bordered first place super duper foil rare or mythic from the set that is in the treatment and one Land.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is like we talked about on the pre show. The all will be onundles, yes, the the Fyrexia all will be one super bundles.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: That had the oil slick mythic like soulfim.
Speaker 1: Or like the attractsa or whoever is Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the oil slick basic Land. Yes, this is the same thing sort of.
Speaker 1: Yes. In that one you got the land pack, you got two of each. I believe in this one you get one of each gold bordered one and then three of each full art racing handles.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think is how that works. And then the box topper will contain one of the cards in yellow borderfoil, Yes, and one Land in yellow bordered foil.
Speaker 3: Could I get the special Guest Chrome Max in yellow foil in the box topper. Yes. That's gonna be an expensive card.
Speaker 1: That's the big hit. And that's why if you want a yellow bordered card, those are going to you will have to be very excited to get lots of those. If you're gonna need a bunch of them, Like, if you're gonna do your land based in them or whatever, you're gonna be looking at some excitement dollars for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, for the record, I have to put this out there because I've been getting man multiple messages per day since previews previews have started. Yes, cards are going in my Braia deck from this set, and yes I'll be using the Yellow or the first Person Driver lands as my Mana base. And because the four color deck, I only run between two and four of each color of Basic, so I don't actually need that many, so I only need to be a little bit excited.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is, if you get two of them in your Basic land pack or whatever, you're gonna get your booster pack where you get two more, you could probably take the two that you're not using and trade them off to somebody who are the bundle because here in town we do have people who invest in that stuff and then they just trade off what they don't need.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So you'll be able to get the lands that way, which is important. But if you want those yellow boarded things, you have to be aware that you're gonna pay a premium on them. They're never gonna go down, and they're not easy to find, and the only place you can get them is in your box topper. And you can get some of the lands in the first place, Mondle. That's the only place you can't open them in collector boxes.
Speaker 3: Really, I can't give a collector.
Speaker 1: The only place they are is in the box toppers.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is like the foil full frame widescreen one rings. Why they were like fifteen hundred dollars because you could only get them in the little collector preview packs in Lord of the Rings pre cons Yes, like.
Speaker 1: That exactly, like oh wow, yes, they're only available in it. And then those to make it even more mind boggling, I guess you've got like the first person driving lands yep. And then you have like the Vista ones. There's the one with like the frog God on ammon cat and all that kind of stuff. Yes, those ones also in the yellow border, only appear in the box stoppers, and they appear like I think it's like one in five you'll get one of those like specialty ones. So if you're looking to do all frog God islands for a deck, good.
Speaker 3: Luck, Are you looking to do that?
Speaker 1: No? Oh no, not anymore.
Speaker 3: I bet your friend kirn is I bet he is too. Yeah, he's he's a frog weed. I want one, which is something I never thought i'd say.
Speaker 1: I would like one of them just because I think it's really cool. Yes, and I do. I would like one of the mountains as well, so I can put it in norn because like, they're so ugly in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the the yellow border when you just see the flat is not very appealing, but looking at the actual video of them kind of. I don't know if editor Joe's got that video or not. You can find it online on like watsi's Twitter and stuff for whatever. Okay, so that's those are the yellow foils.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Then we've got the regular what not cracklefoil fracture foil.
Speaker 1: I like crackle foil better.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Either or it looks like a crumpled up piece of tinfoil.
Speaker 1: Yes, with a cart on top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: It looks like somebody smushed them all up and then flattened them back out and gave it to you.
Speaker 3: Now. The these ones are finish line bundle in probably the box topper.
Speaker 1: These ones are available in collector boosters only, so if you want your anime arts with the crackle foil, those are only available in your collector boosters.
Speaker 3: Oh and there's two collector boosters in the finish line bundles, so you can buy a finish line bundle and get a crackle foil.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, if you're looking for for these. If you're the crackle foils, I can't speak too much too, although I've seen several of them opened. I got one, You got one.
Speaker 3: You opened one in your latest Brando's box opening, Yes, the Calgary from your Foundation's pack.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you could. And these come in English and Japanese.
Speaker 3: Look at there's there's the sign for it. Watched on YouTube because it was actually a funny one and Brando didn't or else, Brando didn't actually get pounded that bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah I did, Okay, Actually I did not too bad. So if you're looking for these, these ones only in available in collector packs, which is unfortunate if you're big into the anime vibe, but you don't want to spend thirty bucks for a booster pack. Alas, these are the things that are exclusive to the collector pack in this set. If you want anything else, you can get them in the regular boosters, which is another thing that I'm really high on for this set is if you're collecting, if you're trying to get a certain thing, you can get all of them in essentially every booster pack, with the exception of these anime arts, which is cool. I liked it they did that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah you could. Yeah, they're starting to say, oh man, not everybody who pays thirty plus dollars for a booster pack can can do that, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or not everybody who wants an anime can pay thirty dollars for a booster pack. Yeah, okay, I get you. I get you. And in the article lout Pathfinder is the card example they're using. That was who the hint was from.
Speaker 1: Yesterday's Yes, Oh my god, I think that card's gonna be You think that card's good. I think it's gonna get cracked open pretty quick. We already have a deck suggestion.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's got exhaust though, so you like you got to bounce it because you can only use an exhaustibility one time.
Speaker 1: Man, if only Blue and Green had ways to reset creatures, hey mm difficult.
Speaker 3: I guess the Internet's gonna have to go ham on it to figure out how to use.
Speaker 1: It, how to abuse something that takes one man it turns into three man, and then one man it turns into three cards. Man, if only they could give it haste in red man, this is such a bad card, dude. If they could untap it with like artifacts that cost oh man, you know, yep, I don't know. That's a pretty bad card.
Speaker 3: Next up, we've got the Special Guests returning, and these come in traditional foil and the finish line yellowfoil. R.
Speaker 1: Yes, finish line yellow foil. Again we've talked about only available in the box stoppers. If you want that yellow bordered chrome mox, I wish you luck, I wish you luck and hope you can.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be a mega pull if somebody hits that.
Speaker 1: Yes, and these are available in I believe they're only in foil in the collector boosters. If you get one, it will be a foil special Guest card only in nonfoil, so yes, there's some exclusivity there.
Speaker 3: But yellow foil chrome Marx first place foil, that's what they're called, not finish line foil, first place foil, only available in box topper. Now what happens? What does Uncle Brando do. I like this game, and I think people find it interesting because they all I always have this conversation with people, Okay, what do you do if you open that card? Now, keep in mind it's got a yellow foil border, so it doesn't look like a magic card. But it's worth lots of excitement in terms of trade it back in, get more product, or pay your mortgage if you sell it, Like there's there's a bunch of options that you can like are you gonna play with it? You're gonna turn into credit? Or are you gonna sell it? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: If I opened this particular one, this particular one straight and Oran straight into straight and an Oran because it doesn't look like a magic card, so it goes directly into Oran. If I was to open the Edgar Markov kind of same sort of gimmick directly back to the store.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the magical equivalent of what is it? Love?
Speaker 1: Kill?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what it is. Which what are you doing? And which ones? Which I don't know? But uh, killing it is just selling it for cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, killing it is selling it for cash. Fucking it is trading it back in so you can get more excitement because It's like a short term gain for long term pain and marriage is you keep.
Speaker 3: It around, put it in orn and play it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that game. It's that we just made that up. Yeah that I just kind of connected the two together. We did it, And I talk about that all the time with people when they open up, like, oh man, what are you.
Speaker 1: Gonna do with it? I'm gonna put it in a binder.
Speaker 3: You know what's fun is when when we go to Yeah, exactly, I'm gonna put into a binder never look at it again. Whenever we go to events, magic cons or face to face tour stops or whatever and a kid cracks a pack, what are you gonna do with that? Man, I'm gonna put it into a deck. And I talked to somebody like you or f you Aiden or Alex or whatever that like buy product to open. Just hey, open these packs and see if we get anything good. Yeah, and then they just take straight back to the vendor. Hey open these packs again, right, Like it's the different age demographics do different things with their expensive cardboard.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I like to just keep opening until you have nothing. That's my favorite. That's what I like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good old going to the casino slot machines.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, yeah, they're like loot boxes but but different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen to my casino running race story for.
Speaker 1: Every show yesterday.
Speaker 3: Okay, anything else we need to know about collecting.
Speaker 1: Those are essentially all of the big hits and where to find everything. The distribution of everything is all broken down. There's a what website article for it. If you want the borderless cards, those are also only available or not borderless extended art cards.
Speaker 3: The wide screen card.
Speaker 1: I feel like most of those are kind of just like like whatever. Those are collector edition exclusives, including the Commander cards, which are available in nonfoil with stretched out borders.
Speaker 3: They're like regular, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: All the same.
Speaker 3: There's two slots in a collector pack that are from the pre cont just one okay, sure one one pre concord nonfoil widescreen art.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's that's kind of that. I feel like most people are sort of moved beyond those is like being a big deal, yes, and so now we're we're done with it. So collecting the set, I think, is actually quite straightforward, unlike past sets where it's like, well, what if I want the fractured foil showcase art of this rare well. To get that, you have to order from Puerto Rico. This one box right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You have to make sure that the packs are nice and loose because they had to be printed in wherever. That's not here this time. It's just if you want anything but a anime card, you just buy a box and you have a chance to get it. And that's or that chromebox you'rex. Well, the chromebox is also available in any box because you could open it in the box top or.
Speaker 3: You get you could you could get a traditional foil regular ass special guests in anything, but to get the foil yellow one, you gotta get.
Speaker 1: In the box. Got to get the box top.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's crazy, Okay, collecting it great grand I want to get a finish line bundle. I want the oversized spin down and a life count or whatever it is. I want the yellow foil Lands. I like the first person perspective lands. We haven't had first person perspective lands yet. Cool which when you view art it's from the first person perspective. I get it. These would be like third person perspective lands.
Speaker 1: Nowird person. You have to see the thing that you are.
Speaker 3: But I see that they're hands, and I see that they're driving, and I'm looking at the art right, So it's like semantics.
Speaker 1: Who's are those? Are they our hands or are they the driver's hands?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Matter of perspective, you see, man, mindset if you will.
Speaker 3: Well, I want those good, I want those, and I want them in yellow foil, and I don't care if nobody likes them, because I like them, and that's what I care about, because magic's for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, your magic decks should make you happy and fun everybody else. That's the point. Yes, Oh have you seen my decks?
Speaker 3: Your magic deck should make you happy and fuck everybody else. Also the same reason I play Mono.
Speaker 1: Blue mill.
Speaker 3: I cover both ends of the spectrum. Guys, Oh man, what got this? I am I magic? Yes, yes and no.
Speaker 1: Now all you have to do is get only first place Foil Frog God Islands for your Mono Blue deck.
Speaker 3: Is there any serialized basics. I don't know if there is. I don't think there is ye serialized basics. I play Trolley miss not even all of them foil. Actually no, they are all Can.
Speaker 1: You imagine if they did that? Like, there's only five hundred of this mountain.
Speaker 3: And you did your whole model blue manna base with just serialized mans. Is that the most expensive manna base you could build?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I probably?
Speaker 1: I bet it.
Speaker 3: What's a Guru Island cost? I know not everybody likes those because of the artist, but those are probably the best expensive basic.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I I if the art was cool and it was by like a Ron Spencer or whatever, man, that would be an expensive damn basic.
Speaker 3: It was classic artists from back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, they they break some Christopher Rush art out of the frickin vault that's never been used before. They put on a serialized basic.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would.
Speaker 1: Be only five hundred and you have to get them all like sequential sequential.
Speaker 3: From one to twenty seven. That so many basics, you runner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there'd be like three guys on Earth that would have those land bases.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, and all of their they'd be all like CEOs of banks and the card Exact and manufacturing.
Speaker 1: People like hey, post Malone and you got this and he's like, no, man, I can't afford it. I can't afford it.
Speaker 3: I like that. Okay, well I can't afford let's just to h new mechanics, new mechanics. Mechanics. Mechanic's a race car term.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just shut up?
Speaker 3: List okay, freaking start your engines and speed? Are we gonna get a Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves freaking speed secret layer univers?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we can't go under eighty miles an hour, motherfucker. This bus can't go eighty miles from.
Speaker 3: Oh frick and it's and it's like the the the cards are like boom pile, Yeah, freaking oh man, crashing drawbridge where they're gonna jump the bus over that free Oh fuck, I've seen movies before, just.
Speaker 1: That one though, Yes, yes, Antitanic, Yeah, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Okay, so start your engines. It's one of those abilities that has the exclamation mark uh permared in your engines.
Speaker 1: Okay, you get out of here.
Speaker 3: You if you have this is ridiculous. If you have no speed, it starts at one. It increases once on each of your turns when an opponent loses life. Sure, sure max speed four. So we're going like twenty five percent top speed already when we hit one?
Speaker 1: Does it increase if you start your engines again? Can I just bounce the creature with start your engines four times to get to max speed immediately.
Speaker 3: Okay, the just freaking megab Yeah, the first time in a game you control a permanent with start your Engines, your speed becomes one, So you just the first time your speed becomes one. This happens immediately, so no one can respond and try to remove the permanent before you pick up speed. Yeah, before you freaking snowball going down a hill. Oh okay. Once your speed is one or greater, you can trigger an ability to increase your speed. The ability is whenever one or more opponents lose life during your turn. If your speed is less than four, increase your speed by one. This ability triggers only once each turn. This ability isn't tied to any permanent for the rest of the game. It can be triggered as long as your speed is less than four, no matter what permanence you control.
Speaker 1: So it's like less annoying day and night. Yes, you have to keep track of it for the rest of the game once you've introduced it, but there is a point where it just gets to four and then.
Speaker 3: You can ignore forget about it. Yeah, you have these this counter start your Engines that describes it, and then on the back of the counter max speed. That's how I'm gonna say. You're gonna hear me across the LGS. You're gonna hear me in Las Vegas playing my freaking bray of vehicles deck, and I'm gonna be down at the other end of the CEO freaking zone and it's gonna be Oh.
Speaker 1: I just hit back speed. We've gone to plaid.
Speaker 3: Yes, And all the CECO Nations people are gonna be like, oh, it sounds like Ryan's playing his bread and I'm just like.
Speaker 1: And then they'll be like, what does that do? You're like, well, that creature that that set this up died three turns ago, so it doesn't actually do anything.
Speaker 3: Yes, But the point is they'll be doing it quickly. Yeah, I'll be doing nothing.
Speaker 1: Fast, literally going nowhere fast. And that is why I'm not a huge fan of that ability on its faces, because it's one of those ones you gotta keep track of. It just doesn't there's a point where it's not fucking doing anything correct, but you have to keep track of it. Yes, And it's less egregious than Day and Night because it goes up three times and then it stops and you never have to think about it.
Speaker 3: And the other thing about it too is to actually take advantage because it might like it's going to take four turns right.
Speaker 1: And it's so slow before it does anything, max.
Speaker 3: Speed is so slow. Yes, The thing about it is it's the kind of thing where it's like, oh, man, three turns ago, this would have mattered when I had my my vehicle or whatever. Now I need to have a density of things that care about max speed. Right. Anyways, next one.
Speaker 1: Exhaust another racing thing.
Speaker 3: Activate each exhaustibility only once.
Speaker 1: That's it's kind of like, what is it a monstrous where you can do it once once a time.
Speaker 3: If the thing was not monstrous, it becomes monstrous. It's also sort of like dialed back exert, but they can make the ability more powerful because instead of doing it once every second turn, when you exert something, it doesn't untap. It becomes extra tired because it exerted. This one fully exhausts itself and it can only be used once. And that's the loot Loot. The Pathfinder has three different exhaustibilities that are all quite powerful abilities.
Speaker 1: One of them is ancestral.
Speaker 3: Recall I heard that card's good.
Speaker 1: It's ancestral Recall.
Speaker 3: I play Existor Recall in my Mill deck in the form of Miliu for twenty draw three instant speed, Visions, Visions of Beyond, Visions from Beyond. Yeah, draw three.
Speaker 1: Instant hell, yeah, excellent, We've got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got it. So exhaust is what it is. I think. I think you're gonna want to play cards for exhaust just because the exhaustibility is good and the card already fits in your deck, like there's an exhaust. Like, if there's an exhaust, take an extra combat like Cruel's Cruel Celebrant or whatever, right, or exhaust add five man on one of each color, yeah, right, Like those abilities are good. And if the card fits in your deck already, like it's a Goblin or an Elf or a vehicle.
Speaker 1: I feel like these aren't gonna be card There's not gonna be an exhaust deck. Probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there will be loot decks where you focus on bouncing or blinking him and giving them haste so you can do things over and over, like I don't know, infinite Manna with his first like green exhaustibility.
Speaker 1: And then draw your whole deck with the other way, yes, and then kill everybody with the kill everybody.
Speaker 3: It's yes, yeah, it's not a kill everybody's ability. It's oh yeah, I can do it infant times. Yeah yeah, that card, that card's gonna think it's gonna slap now that you we talked about it a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that card's very good.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's exhaust movie vehicles make a return. Obviously, I hadn't noticed.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm gonna say it. I'm gonna say I know you're pumped. I'm glad that you're pumped. I'm a little disappointed so far because as we're recording this, we have we don't have the full spoiler yet, not a single card for Bellow. I'm thought sure there was gonna be at least one V vehicle that would go into Bellow, and I not a single one yet.
Speaker 3: There's certainly good vehicles, but they're not in Bellow colors, like they're around that new seven to seven white one or whatever. Kind of like Parhelion two, but it's kind of like Decree of Justice or whatever. It is.
Speaker 1: Not for Bello though.
Speaker 3: Don't like in Bello though. I'm excited to see vehicles come back that have non Crewe abilities because those ones in at least in my brea deck and my experience with vehicles and commander the ones that I can pay Manna to make into vehicles or when some condition is meant to auto crew, it very powerful because I can potentially crew them if there's like a wrath of God effect and I can still crash in for like fifteen because all my vehicles are five to fives and they get auto crew. That's really freaking good.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, quite good.
Speaker 3: So vehicles make a comeback. And for anybody who's new to the nation or magic, they have an ability called crew and a number. And what that number is is the number of power or of creature you need to tap to make it into a vehicle. So like Midnight Mangler, is it three to three for two? So vehicles usually because there's an extra step, they have more power than manecost during Sorry, it's got crew two. So tap any number of creatures you control with total power two or more. This vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn. What's great is you can do that at instant speed. You can do it at not your turn, and you can tap like an eight eight to crew two, or you can tap eight one ones to Crew two. Now, all your creatures are tapped, right, and sometimes that's beneficial to have tap creatures sometimes like you draw or do some ability for the number of creatures that jumped into a vehicle. So there's reasons to crew with more than just minimum creatures.
Speaker 1: Of note, mounts also have made a comeback in this yet or whatever fucking reason. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I heard. I heard Mark Rosewater talking about it. Man, I want to do a Mark Rosewater cosplay.
Speaker 1: Man, I want to do a Mark Rosewater arm wrestling match.
Speaker 3: I want to do Mark Rosewater cosplay and wear like the white New Balance running shoes and the plaid jacket and curl my hair and talk like he talks. I think that'd be a funny cause play. Anyways, he was talking that actually mounts and vehicles were for this set and then they were like, oh man, we actually need like cowboys and horses in our Western set. And they used something they already had for this set backwards in time and said, hey, fit mounts, and we figured out this technology for horses, and then they put it in like a product that came out first. So yeah, it was it was like a cool design story that it's like, oh, where.
Speaker 1: Do they ride horses in any of the planes that we went to in thunder Junction. Yeah, but like in the ones that were here in this set, because there's three of them.
Speaker 3: Recall some of some of the people race on on mounted animals instead of vehicles.
Speaker 1: I feel like the vehicles would be faster. Yes, I feel like that too, but easter faster than turtle. It is magic the gathering cards, though, that's true. We do have to use some imagination.
Speaker 3: Fine, fine, what else did we get? Cycling? Powerful?
Speaker 1: Magic?
Speaker 3: Cycling's back cool for people who care about cycling.
Speaker 1: There was a cycling deck that existed for a while from back in uh what's it called uh I, Korea?
Speaker 3: Yes, were there There was actually a There was a cycling pre con blue. No it was. It was Jessky blue white red, so they could fit in like Ancestral no Astral Slide and the new Astral Slide from a Korea and the cycle Take to Damage. That was actually a standard deck back in two thousand and two two three, when when Onslaught came out, an Astral Slide was originally printed.
Speaker 1: And then back in twenty twenty was also another standard deck.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it is they reprinted Fluctuator for the first time in Ikoia pre Con and everybody's like, oh yeah, the cycling deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then it was one of those like I'll call it a flash in the pan because we had it show up a bunch of the lds and then people got sick of it and now it's gone.
Speaker 3: It's fine. But cards with cycling always always cool man And this this Valor's Flagship seven drop seven to seven flying first Strike Life Link Vehicle Crew three for my seven drop. That's pretty good. Pretty good, And when you cycle it, you create X one one colorless pilots that crew with power as if their power was too greater. So you could I don't know, if you're playing this in your standard deck, which you're not, you could cycle one and get a guy that could crew your next one if you had two of them in your hand. Oh yeah, yeah, there you go. It's pretty good. Or I could just play Brea then play and freakin' crew Brea. Let's go, yep, cool uh cycling.
Speaker 1: Are that's it?
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's a lot of complexity in the set because every card's got nine hundred words. I would be happy if it just said crew on each of the vehicles, but there's a whole bunch of other like abilities and stuff, which sure, fine, whatever, you.
Speaker 1: Know, It's something I'm both excited about and a little bit like, come on, come on, Watson. And again, we haven't seen the full spoiler yet, so as we're speaking or as we're listening to this, this might have changed. But at this moment, exactly, there is a card that very clearly points to the existence of Avy the storm Ooze. Yes, who I freaking love and I really like the storm Ooze, but there isn't a new AV yet. And it's the thing that makes all your creatures into six six oozes. Man, I like that card. I don't know where I'm gonna play it, but I'm gonna get one and I'm gonna find somewhere to play it.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be good, very good. Yes, Yes, I want to do an initial impression at some of the stuff that we've seen, because we're going to talk about like the lands maybe a little bit again, and the showcase arts maybe a little bit again. But I just want to put this out there that I definitely called the rat Fink style showcase treatment. Yes you did, and we got it. They got those bug eyes with their tongues hanging out on solid color background. Like maybe editor Joe can pull up just google Ratfink and then put a showcase art right beside each other and you'll see this style is exactly right. And I love that that's like classic. I think it started in the seventies with like the muscle car modification boom. I know that it started in the sixties. I know that, but that art style carried over into the eighties and is a very iconic part of hot rod and gasser culture. And I love to see it on magic cards, like it's one thing that I like and spend time doing with my My family poured it over onto magic cards.
Speaker 1: They call them. I think they call them graffiti style, which is I don't think that's the right one, that's what they're calling.
Speaker 3: I think graffiti style is a different style.
Speaker 1: Isn't it not?
Speaker 3: It's the it's the one, because isn't this the graffiti style?
Speaker 1: Is that the same thing?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Or is this not just that? But this comes from the super duper thing, because again, if it's got a yellow border, it comes from that fucking finish line. Foil.
Speaker 3: I have no idea. Yeah, man, I have no idea now because like I'm looking at explosive Getaway. I see the the anime style one. I see the yellow border one. I see the regular one in wide screen. That's the same art as the as the yellow border one, and then I see the regular one. But for others, I see like a kind of a high color looking graffiti esque one, I thought, and just a regular style one. And for others I see the rat Fink style one, and that's it.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. Maybe maybe because we don't know the whole the whole set yet, it hasn't all been previewed, but.
Speaker 1: So it's not in like the order of like how everything, yeah is I would I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, if it's covered in yellow, you're gonna find it in those first place foil slots. Those are the cards that you're gonna get. Yes, it would not surprise me to see a bunch of special arts present in there, because again that's the premium stuff. That's where you want here.
Speaker 3: Honey. You know what's you know what's crazy too, is like okay, yeah, look at it. See there again, this is this one is different? Oh? Man, see, I don't know. I like. I like how those rat Fink style ones have solid color backgrounds. And then in the preview articles or in scribfall the yellow foil ones right beside it, and they look exactly the same, except I have to imagine one being foil and one being not. This set is going to be impossible to collect, as per all sets.
Speaker 1: As per all sets. Now, yes, have you seen any commanders that you're interested in building? No?
Speaker 3: Because I have Brea, I haven't seen any. Like. I'm approaching the set as the lands, the showcases that I like and the vehicles that are gonna go into Brea, and I'm not thinking about other vehicle commanders yet, and I'm not thinking about anybody who isn't a vehicle commander, because that's what I'm most interested in right now. Have you are you thinking anything? Nope?
Speaker 1: Oh, there's there's the frog god that I like. Yes, I think it's a cool picture, and again I want one.
Speaker 3: I think you like her thighs.
Speaker 1: That thick thighs, man, thick thighs for smart guys, that's what I like to say. I guess so, but I don't know if I'm gonna I don't know if I'm gonna do it. I don't know. There's a couple of cards I'm pumped up. I really like the new Chandra, the Akira Chandra if you will, yes, Shandkira I'm gonna call her. Oh. I think that's a neat card. Makes vehicle tokens like we said, Yeah, it's gonna have and which is pretty cool. And the new uh the no, that's not I thought it was actually on the screen right now. There's a red Fyrexian arena.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, red red Red Exile the top CARDI your library you can play until your next turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is good. I think that's a cool card. I'm excited to get my hands on some of those. Like there are cards in here that I'm pumped for, but I'm the overall aesthetic isn't for me. And I love wacky races type things, especially when they're going through there's a desert place, and there's a jungle place, and there's like a high fantasy kind of tech no air awesome place, but it just I don't think it's coming through in the art that I've seen so far, and the mechanics aren't really pumping my nads getting my engine revved up, if you will. And so I'm kinda you know, I feel like we've kind of switched places in a way where I'm like, yeah, this is fine, I'm okay with this. I'm glad that other people are excited about it, yes, whereas you're like, there's a sore, right, What was the.
Speaker 3: Last set that you were like that about. Well, it's gonna be Final Fantasy. Yeah, Final Fantasy. It's gonna be Final Fantasy, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You were a big fan of Foundations, though. I was just because that set was good, not because it was like your thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't my thing. Although I love I do love me a good corset, but you're right, it wasn't like.
Speaker 3: I do love me a good course at corset. Magic Corset Jumpstart always fun. Uh? Usually, yeah, I mean more magic Nerds. Usually once a year we'll get something that we're really into. I guess you know what, in your year in review you said there wasn't a whole bunch that you liked about twenty four. So there wasn't maybe twenty.
Speaker 1: Five your year, baby, I think we're gonna get more twenty. I mean Final Fantasy coming up. I think is gonna be a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to the Space one too. Yes, oh yeah, I'm excited for going into Space.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about one card that I've seen two cards that I've seen people talking about done, one complaining and one trying to break. Okay, and I want to I want to squash the complaints about full throttle.
Speaker 1: Oh I want to complain too, So let's complain.
Speaker 3: Well, the complaint is, Wow, just two combat phases extra now. Now the next is gonna be three combat phases extra.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard of fiery emancipation and furnace wrath and City on fire? And like these are all just damage doublers. A combat doubler is just like a damage doubler. Right.
Speaker 1: What about a comb that you play a land and you get an extra combat phase. Sure, that's a card that's that's a card that costs the same as this one. Yeah, it's fine, except it's like a six six with trample that also attacks, and you can play two lands to turn four or five combat phase.
Speaker 3: Everything is fine, is what I'm saying. Yeah, the other card.
Speaker 1: That's a sorcery and here's why we don't like it. It has loots stupid face on it. Yes, that's why people don't like it.
Speaker 3: Yes. Now the other thing that I want to talk about, and this will be the last thing you can think the business daddies after this and tell people to pick this card up at the business daddies, is you've heard of hangerback walks.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, waki B Yeah, this is waki M. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Which does doesn't it come off the tongue quite as nice? No? But this is a zero zero construct for XX, just like walky beat.
Speaker 1: This is hanger back walker, is what it is.
Speaker 3: No, this is market backwalker.
Speaker 1: I know, but hanger back and market back Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking of walking Ballista. Yes, that's I was thinking of hangy sack walker.
Speaker 1: Now you're talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now we're talking.
Speaker 1: Now, we got it.
Speaker 3: This is market Backwalker enters a battlefield with X plus one plus one counters on it. I'm sick and you can pay four to put a plus one counter on it. I think that's like hanger back walker. Is that like walking Ballista?
Speaker 1: That's hangerbackwalker. Sure, this is hangarback walker, but it draws you cards instead.
Speaker 3: Of yes, you guys, when it dies, you draw cards for each plus one on it instead of making dudes. And oh man, I don't care about the dudes in Animar, but if I can, if I can draw my whole deck with one card instead of needing three or four cards to do it, ye in Animar, that could potentially free up like three or four slots in my CEDH deck, which is freaking huge, right, Like the banning of Dockside took a few other cards out that cared about Dockside, right and freed up like three spots. Huge deck looks totally different now or plays totally different market back Walker could be another thing. I just have to solve for it dying, because it ain't gonna die. If Anamar has got like fifty counters on it and I draw twenty five, like, it's not gonna it's not gonna die. It's gonna be too big, so I'm gonna have to sacrifice it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be too big to die. It'll just have to kill my opponents.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But it won't though, because they'll just chump block or make a token or bounce it. And I need it to die. So it's an interesting card, and I see lots of people talking about it. To braid it and I could have braided I guess or does that exile? No, just to braid it that destroys?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool, to braid it.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited. We're gonna look at cards next week. We're gonna have the full, the Full.
Speaker 1: The full Rundown. We'll talk about some of the legendary creach, we'll talk about some of the that we're pumped year. Only two Commander decks with this one. Did you know that? I'm I'm into that. I've noticed also, and I've noticed I've noticed other people noticing that most places are selling them as a group. You can't just buy one deck because everybody wants the Zombie one and nobody gives a shit about the Energy one.
Speaker 3: And since their Energy is making a comeback into pre cons.
Speaker 1: Right, and since they're bringing back the MSRP stores, I think are gonna have a harder time selling the deck that everybody wants for twice as much as the one nobody wants. So what they're doing instead of that is they're just bundling them together so you can only order both. Since they're not stuck with the one shitty one.
Speaker 3: Yes, so, and here's here's the thing that I would say to that. If you're gonna do that, that's a great way to support a local game store. If you want to order them Fusion Gaming Online dot Com.
Speaker 1: There it is.
Speaker 3: CCO holiday is going to save you money because you usually save five or ten bucks when you bundle the pre cons altogether. This is probably no different because they want to get rid of that shitty one. Whichever one it is, I don't know. We'll probably look at it.
Speaker 1: The Energy one is the one. It's not shitty. It just doesn't have as many, like really good cards.
Speaker 3: In it, as not as much excitement.
Speaker 1: It turns out that when you do a set that's full of zombie stuff for a very popular type of deck, it turns out that people want those cards, and the easiest way to get them is to buy the list of cards that have all of them in it, as opposed to cracking packs for them.
Speaker 3: You see, Yes, yes, while whether it be pre cons or cracking packs or singles, yes, I mostly buy singles. But I am going to buy sealed for this deck, for this set, I think. And here's here's the thing I think I'm going to donate my box to Brando's box opening so I can watch Brando get pounded for me, which is kind of weird. I'm not gonna google that, No, we shan't. I am gonna pick all that stuff up from fusion Ccio Holiday still in effect. I'm gonna get a discount. I'm gonna use store credit and get a discount because I just traded in a massive stuff and they verified my order. It was quick, it was easy, and boom got some credit.
Speaker 1: So for the record, already have a really cool idea for what I can do for the box opening.
Speaker 3: Cool. Yeah, cool, So tune into that onto YouTube along with all our other stuff. Be on the lookout for our new sleeve designs.
Speaker 1: Coming sleeve sale coming up.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: People have been asking us for it. We have sleeves that are good. I have it on my I have them on my favorite deck and they rule. So you will also like them because I like them and I don't like anything, not.
Speaker 3: Even Ryan Math checks out, especially that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, final thought of the day, let's get out of here. Final we got We've got some pile of bones beer to drink.
Speaker 1: Yes, pile of bones beer to drink. As we talk about how we're gonna do some like stuff in the your future, including sleeves and all those things. Next week, please join us as we talk about some legendary creatures and some interesting ass cards on the next episode of Come matr cook Out podcast. Good U theme so