Speaker 1: We're getting into the giants this week, and I have been wondering when we would revisit giants. We occasionally have an author who has made some discoveries or has a theory on giants in America and giants in Europe. Of course, we know Hugh Newman and others have written extensively about giants throughout the world. But today we're talking with a returning guest, Adam Stokes, who has written a new book on the Bigfoot, and according to him, there is great reference to the Bigfoot in the Bible, and of course, being a biblical scholar, he would know better than anyone. And what is fascinating when we talk about giants is his belief that an offshoot of the giants, the Nepheleme people like Goliath, they are their genetics lead us to the Bigfoot, which is also a giant, but a giant cover with hair and extremely muscular. The one thing that's fun about having Adam on the program, not only does he locate a number of references in the Book of Genesis and the Book of Daniel and the Book of Enoch for giants, he actually references great details from the Book of Enoch, which I didn't realize was filled with a number of references to giants. Now, what he does not reference is bigfoot directly. But bigfoot, as I mentioned, is an offshoot. Now I'm here in northern California and the Sasquatshes, which is the indigenous name for bigfoot, have legends of meeting with and cohabitating with the bigfoot. And in some respects you can appreciate these stories, or I should say, oral traditions. But what's sad is that it doesn't seem like there is an actual community or a bond or a exchange in commerce with these creatures. And I think I remember years ago and I was curious about bigfoot, that for a long time a bigfoot were hunted, and this might be the reason why they are so hard to find, so hard to identify. And when we do see them, they're fleeting moments. They come into vision, come into camera frame, and then they're gone. They're gone very quickly. Now, if you watch TV and you watch Unexplained in some of these History Channel specials on the big Foot, there are tremendous a number of recordings that have been made of them calling out to other big feet and wailing or we don't know. We have no idea how they communicate. You would think that there are somewhat intelligent, though, because to date there's no evidence. We have no physical evidence, we have no skeletal remains. What we have our footprints, and I've seen a few of them. They're monstrous. We have pieces of hair, matted hair, and that's about it. And you would think that we would find a skeletal remain of one of these guys. And they're big, over seven feet tall, they weigh three to four hundred pounds, and they're always described at least the males are described as muscular. So is it a genetic disposition that they are so big and strong, or is that through the exercise they too in the forest, you know, passing through making huts, living quarters. Case, we don't know, hard to say, but it's a question that we do ask today of our biblical expert, Adam Stokes. So today's program is the Biblical Bigfoot, Discovering the Biblical origins of America's most famous cryptid. And my guest is Adam Oliver Stokes. Bigfoot's everywhere in the United States. Here in California, it's Sasquatch, NATO's column Sasquatch. And we've had a few people talk about Bigfoot on the program, not necessarily with any great depth, but it's always interesting to talk about Bigfoot. And my returning guest today is Adam Stokes. And Adam is a biblical scholar, and he has written a new book called The Biblical Bigfoot, which I find interesting. The subtitle is Discovering the Biblical Origins of America's most famous Kryptoid, which is a topic that we have covered off and on, and I'm having him on the program because this is a First of all, it's always good to have Adam on the program because we want to talk about the Bible, his interpretation of some of the strange occurrences in the Bible, but also talk about Bigfoot. So hey, Adam, welcome back to Earth Ancients. Good to see you, and I want to know why you decided on Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: Great to be Backcliff. Well, as I said in the opening of the book, I think I feel like I've jumped the shart here jumps completely off the cliff, but I don't care. I'm happy to do. So what really got me interested in Bigfoot? I've had interest in Bigfoot for a long time, ever since I was a kid. I watched Harry and the Henderson's with John Leckow. Oh right, yeah, yeah, finding big Foot. But I was drawn to Bigfoot, especially in the past ten years or so by my own interest in giants, and Bigfoot is like the penultimate giant here, like you said, in the United States. So Bigfoot was always in the back of my mind whenever I did research on giants of any type, reading Fritz Zimmerman, reading Jim Vieira, Bigfoot was always in the back of my mind. But what really kind of drew this out, and I mentioned this in the book, is a trip I took to the Poconos. We have like a little time share thing there, and I went with my wife, my two boys, and my god daughter at the time. She lives in Boston now. But we went to the Poconos and there's this place called Bushkill bush Kills Falls, which is cliff It's absolutely gorgeous. Absolutely Where's tell people where the Poconos are. Poconos are all over the place, but mainly in the region the Central Pennsylvania, Central Pennsylvania. It's really convenient. We love going up there. Well, I love going up there. My wife prefers going someplace else, but we've gone up there for my birthday. We've gone up there quite a few times for summer vacations, and it's only about two hours away from where we live, so it's very convenient to get to. But this was two years ago. So we decided to do a summer vacation to the Poconos and we ended up at Bush Chill Falls and we wanted to take a picture. We just wanted to take a picture at the Nice volcano, because not the volcano, the waterfall. There's no volcano, the Nice waterfall that's there. And what happened is that I've found out that this place is world renowned for bigfoot lore, for bigfoot sightings, and they totally take advantage of that. At the visitor center there, there's a bunch of bigfoot merchandise that you can get. But Bigfoot supposedly has been cited all throughout all throughout this region. And I took a couple of pictures with a bigfoot standy with a bigfoot cutout, and this really I couldn't get bigfoot out of my head after this, and so for the rest of this summer, I started going to my local library, checking out books, doing research on bigfooks. I didn't know outside the people on the show Finding Bigfoot. I didn't know too much about Bigfoot myself. You know, what are you know some of the more famous stories about Bigfoot? What's the footage that they that people have? Is it spurious? Is it legit? I didn't know any of these questions. So I started off with some of kind of the children's literature, just to get it overall, just to get a quick summary of Bigfoot. And then I went to kind of the more kind of academic literature, the very Deep stuff. Nick Redfern as a whole kind of Bigfoot Bible compendium that I drew heavily on. And so as I started doing research on Bigfoot, I didn't know where I was going with all this research. I know, I wanted to do something with giants. I wanted to get back into giants. I published a book on giants, as you know, from Egypt to Ohio about oh my gosh, six years six or seven years ago. So I wanted to return to the land of the giants with Bigfoot, but I wasn't quite sure where to go. And as I kept doing my research, I kept seeing connections between what I was looking at and material I had covered in my previous book, from Egypt to Ohio with biblical giants, and I started to kind of find a bridge between the old world and the New World. And what I concluded in my research and in my arguments, and what basically became the basis of the Biblical Bigfoot, was that Bigfoot is a biblical creature and we can identify him to several figures in Israelite history, in Israelite lore.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's go back to prehistory, which would be the Book of Genesis. Do you find that the Bigfoot parallels some of the giants that you featured in earlier works. Is there something? Because the thing that I see about Sasquatch Bigfoot is that he is huge haminin that's a big creature, a big human. But this the version, the change, the difference is that he's got a body of hair, almost animal like. So what's your feeling on the genesis of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think that Bigfoot has a lot of parallels, indeed a direct connection with many of the giants in the Bible. If you look at the giants in the Bible, they're not nice guys. And I've mentioned this before. They're not nice guys. Goliath, for example, the most famous giant, he's a jerk. He's kind of an ah. I don't want to swear on your show, but he's kind of he's kind of a jerk. And when you look at the earliest giant, the nephel Lem in Genesis six, literally from the Hebrew potter simple meaning the fallen ones or the ones who are falling. They're later translated in the Greek and Latin versions of the Bible as gagantes or giants. And I think that the nephilimen in the Bible are a reference to a pre biblical civilization. I think Atlantis if I had to identify it exactly. They're not nice guys. Either they're having these it seems like forced or either or whether it's forced for or for experimentation. They're having these sexual relations with the daughters of men, the bane and bane and Osh, so we are so uh, they're just they're just not not nice creatures. And when you look at the description of Bigfoot and a lot of the eyewitness accounts of him, Bigfoot's going around stealing stuff, killing animals, even attacking people at times. Now, where does why is Bigfoot Harry, like you said, is so the giants aren't really mentioned as harry creatures in the Bible, So where does that connection come from. Well, it's my contention that a lot of these giants, for their behavior, and this gets kind of into the religious and metaphysical, were cursed by some type of higher power, God, whatever however you want to label that. But this curse resulted in them kind of wanderingly, wandering aimlessly around the world, and over the course of time, by wandering aimlessly, by not really having a sense of direction or purpose, just this hostility towards people. Basically cliff their hygiene went out the window. So they start to grow hair, they start to become matted, kind of more beast like, more beast like than human. But underneath all that, their origin can be traced back to back to the Biblical giants. Okay, so we talked about the Nephelin and we get all types of different sizes. I think that you reference some of the giants in the Bible as being at least seven feet, but if you were to give them a range of heights and body mass, what would that be six foot nine to seven above seven feet and three hundred pounds plus or yeah, about seven feet. I'd say within the range. We're talking about some very very tall people here, so I'd say between seven feet and nine feet, sometimes going up to twelve feet. It depends on how you understand the Hebrew term cubit or emma in Hebrew, so a cubit if we're translating that into you know, modern terminology, I'd say between seven and nine feet, but sometimes going up, going up to twelve And if you look at all all the biblical giants, like Bigfoot, they're very they are very strong creatures, so at least three hundred pounds, very muscled, very yeah, very very strong.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they're not something crazy like twenty feet tall.
Speaker 2: They're more like no, no, or.
Speaker 1: Like a modern center a basketball player. Yeah, I would say that they're much more densely muscled. Yes, yes, so a very very buff basketball player. Think of their height is slightly a few more feet. Yes, yeah, that's still pretty amazing. I stood next to a person who's seven feet tall, and it's just like it's a different human.
Speaker 2: I'm five foot two and funny enough, I did my undergrad undergradit duke. So, I knew quite a few members of the basketball team, both men's basketball and women's basketball, and I always looked like I always looked like a midget compared to them.
Speaker 1: Wow, amazing.
Speaker 2: They're wonderful people, absolutely wonderful people. But I you put as you put us next to each other, and I looked like I look super small.
Speaker 1: Now, as a religious scholar, you bring up the Book of Daniel as a reference point. What does the Book of Daniel provide that is a highlight of either giants or the bigfoot?
Speaker 2: Yes, so, Book of Daniel one of my favorite books we have in it, I argue this, I argue for this in biblical bigfoot. We have a pattern that we see throughout biblical stories, not just uh the story of Nebuknezer in the Book of Daniel, but also the story of Cain in the Book of Genesis. Now I can talk some more about that as well. Where As I said, there's this higher power or this higher force that seems to curse these creatures, these giants seem to be under some type of curse to wander and to behave and to even look talk. Going back to what you said, about you know, their hairy appearance to look the way they do. So in the Book of Daniel, there is the story of Nebuka Nezer. Nebukannazer is very famous. He is the king of Babylon and in chapter four, so Nebuknezer is the king who is basically responsible for the destruction of Jerusalem in five eighty six BCE. And he is basically the master of the world, of the head honcho of the world at that time in the late sixth sorry the early sixth century. So he is depicted as very prideful, as very arrogant. Even in the archaeological evidence that we have for him, he is depicted. He depicts himself kind of very arrogantly. He literally there's a relief in the at the University of Chicago Museum, and he basically makes the King of Jerusalem Zetekai, who he's taken away into captivity. He makes him basically his toilet seat. So there's a relief with Nebukannas are sitting on top of king of King Zedekiah. Basically, yeah, King Zedekiah is his toilet. So he's in his own images, in his own iconography that he wanted he's defeat picked it very proudly, very arrogantly. And in Daniel chapter four, he gives this speech about how great he is, and as soon as he gives that speech, he is struck down, and it says that he'll become like a beast of the field. He won't have his senses, so he basically won't be sane. But also more importantly, and to tie into Bigfoot, the description of what becomes what happens to his body is very similar to what we have with the description of Bigfoot. He'll become hairy, he'll become as the beast the earth, his nails won't be trimmed, his nails and become claws. And so what I argue here is that Bigfoot is an example of this type of cursed person that we have, this cursed gigantic person that we have in the Bible and Nebukanezer. When you look at how he's depicted, not just in the Old Testament but in other contemporary ancient Eastern documents, he was depicted as you know, larger, larger than stature. So this is this kind of cursed giant. Is a motif. I'd say more than the motif because I think it's it actually occurred. Is kind of a thing that we get throughout the biblical stories Nebukinezer Caine, and then in my book I bring in some Lata day Saint material, so the Book of Mormon for example. But this is something that we get in a lot of ancient Israel, Israel like documents works that are deemed to be from ancient Israel of this cursed giant figure and Bigfoot falls into this category.
Speaker 1: So when you say cursed, if we look at it in a modern, modern terminology, can we say that this is possibly genetic dysfunction, someone who's gotten really big that may have not grown to the height or the weight naturally. This could have been a defective genetic person. And this is the weird smell and the hair and stuff like that, because it sounds like if defective mentally as well. Yeah, so can you talk a little bit about that, because if it's a branch of us homo sapien sabien, you know, there's some abnormalities that are in place. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, it's interesting you mentioned that, Kirk, because that brings a cliff because you meant because there was an incident twenty seventeen about a decade ago cliff in sand Bardino of San Bernardino Forest where this woman claimed to have seen the Sasquatch, and she gives a couple. He describes him with four different features, covered in thick, dark hair. His build was massive, as you already mentioned, very muscled, and as she said, his face to get to your point directly, his face was neanderthal like, which suggests that you know, this could be a genetic variant of Homo sapiens. So I don't think you necessarily need a religious explanation for this. I think it can be explained religiously. So the curse create the genetic variant. But there's some people who would argue for purely, purely scientific explanation for Bigfoot, that this we have a genetic anomaly here, somebody who is distorted kind of mentally as well as physically, but is related to us in some way.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guests today, Adam Stokes discussing his latest book, The Biblical Bigfoot. We'll be right back with you, O. My guest today is Adam Stokes he is a biblical scholar and has written a new book called The Biblical Bigfoot. And this is a look at the beginnings the ancient history of giants and it's offshoot which we now understand our big feet or sasquatch. You know, it's funny you mentioned the neanderthal looking description. I think some of the early and this is turn of the century, just some of the early sightings and then the reproductions of the site is they look like Neanderthal. Yeah, so you know, I wonder if there's confusion of this being a true Neanderthal and have nothing to do with Homo sapien at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there's so the antelope mountains hairy man dating to the eighteen hundred and eighteen seventy nine so described kind of Neanderthal like features. And yeah, a bunch of a bunch of others, like you said, definitely at the turn of the century, about a bunch of other the initial sightings of Bigfoot before we get into the modern contemporary ones that are so famous that everybody knows is described as kind of the Neanderthal type of creatures. So I do think there's something there. I would say, Uh, and even with the giants. You know, they have a connection to us human beings as well. So I think from a from a scientific standpoint, this may just be another uh species of human that just got messed up and that, but then that brings to the question how they get messed up? Was this deliberate? Was there some scientists who created these guys, as you know, I'm thinking about Edgar Casey and Atlantean lore, or was this just through evolution.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Casey for a minute, because he does bring up hominins. Yeah, and you referenced Atlantis in the very beginning of our our discussion here. If they are a brand of human that lived on Atlantis, they were displaced, I guess is what we would be thinking, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, So Casey argued that the Atlanteans themselves, if you read his if you read his readings on Atlantis, he argued that the Atlanteans themselves engaged in these scientific experiments where they created these hybrid human creatures. So some of them were half man half animal, which kind of fits into the way Big Bigfoot behaves when you look at contemporary accounts of him. Some of them were just lesser human forms. They basically made them to be a slave class for the Atlanteans. And then when Atlantis falls, the final fall of Atlantis, which with Casey would correspond to Plato's Atlantis about nine thousand BC, the Atlanteans, including the creatures and their experiments get scattered to the four winds, so they end up in Egypt, the up in China, they end up in Europe, and they end up in America, which is where Sasquatch rooms now. And they end up specifically according to Casey, according to the Casey readings, they end up in The Atlanteans end up in the Midwest, where you have the Native American mounds, and as I mentioned in my book, a lot of the sidings that you know this well, Cliff, because you live in California, a lot of the sidings, most of the signs of Bigfoot are in California and Washington and Oregon. But you also have a very significant number if you look on the Bigfoot Research website in a track basically geography of Bigfoot, you also have an extremely large number of Bigfoot sightings in the Midwest, Ohio, Illinois, West Virginia. I was just in West Virginia about a month ago, headed down to Kentucky and there's a whole Bigfoot museum there. In fact, you can go to the Mothmam Museum and then about an hour away is the Bigfoot Museum. So you also have Bigfoot sightings in the Midwest as well.
Speaker 1: Is there? I mean, I've always wanted to ask you this as a scholar, why did they remove the Book of Enoch from the Bible? Is it because it's too metaphysical to sprinkled with some occult references and of course unusual human activity.
Speaker 2: Yes, So the Book of Enoch is is a great example of these giant creatures again depicted. So you have the watchers who are kind of good guys. Why you have the giants who again have these sexual relations with the daughters of humanity and the adam uh So they're not they're not good. They're they're depicted, as you know, wicked and evil, and they're basically the reason that in the Book of Enonoch, God sends the flood to destroy humanity. Book at Enoch one of my favorite books. I absolutely love it. I read it maybe a couple of times every year. If if you'll if you know the Bible, well, you'll know that the book of Enoch is actually quoted in the New Testament, in the Book of Jude. And I always mentioned that because religious fundamentalists, extremists will say, oh, the biblical canon is just what is quoted in the New Testament. If we go by even the definition or the criteria fundamentalist, we'd have to include the Book of Enoch in our cannon. And the Book of Enoch was popular, one of the most popular Christian books all the way up until the Council of Nicea in three twenty five, where they basically chose the books of the Bible that the official church wanted in their canon and reject.
Speaker 1: Let me just stop you real quick, Adam, why I've ever asked you this, But why were they were they threatened because this data in the Book of Enoch allows or refresh or refers humans to consider inner wisdom, meditative practices, and things that take away the need for church. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Enoch has a direct experience. He goes up to Heaven directly based on kind of his mystical knowledge and his mystical expertise. And I've always thought that one of the reasons that the Book of Enoch got removed. I think one of the suppression of history because it gives a much fuller account of the destruction of the world during the time of Noah. I think there's kind of a suppression there that the Church wanted. And I think also, I think you hit the nail on the headcliff. If we can get to Heaven by ourselves, if we can ascend like Enoch did to the watchers, then there's not really a need for the mediation of a priest or any type of priesthood. So I think both of these things were the way Enoch is depicted, as you know, having his own mystical journey through his own mystical enlightenment to the divine and the type of history that Enoch describes. I think both of those things were dangerous for the Church.
Speaker 1: So if you were to put a time frame that Enoch is describing Earth, would you say it's the plesticne period when the great flood is created or is Enoch before that?
Speaker 2: I think Enoch's describing events that are, you know, before that, maybe shortly before that, but I think he's describing events before that time. I think that there is and this is something I'd like to look into more. I think there's an even an enoch at Lanting connection, much even more so than what you get in Genesis six with these Nephelin, who, like I said, I believe are also from Atlantis.
Speaker 1: Fascinating. Now, one of the things that I've always had confusion on, and I think there is a lot of confusion, is the level of intelligence of Bigfoot. Yeah, And because to date, we don't have a physical body, we have no physical remains, we have no recordings of a language. We have footprints everywhere, yes, and we have tufts of hair that have been analyzed and I can't remember what it comes up with. But what's the intelligence level? Would you say?
Speaker 2: We have some footage as well, But that's kind of controversial. I'm sure you've heard of the recent controversy with the with the Patterson Gimlin footage.
Speaker 1: Well, Patterson has been around said that was recorded in the seventies, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, But there was a recent there was a recent documentary that came out for sxx SW Film Festival back in March, back last month, where it supposedly had a dress rehearsal of the Patterson Gimlin footage. But people have been saying, personally, I think it's authentic. But people have been saying that it's been Some people have argued that's been a hoax. They've been arguing that for a very long time. So I don't think that this changes necessarily anything. But people it was a very big deal in the bigfoot community. I've been follow I've been following them and involved leads. Oh really about this new about this new documentary. So some people were saying this means it's a fake, other people saying, no, it's authentic. I still lean towards the authentic point of view. I mean it was analyzed by the North American Scientific Institute for and it took it. They paid like seventy thousand, seventy thousand or seventy grand to analyze it, and they said it was authentic.
Speaker 1: So were they frame by frame or something and look at the because of the original Wasn't it required on some film? It was? It was before digital cameras.
Speaker 2: It's for digital camera yeah wait before Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's hilarious. It's funny because with all our technology, including satellites, no one has any updated footage of these guys. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well they're very they kind of stick to the They kind of stick to the shadows. And I think that you know, this is part of the cursed giant motif that I mentioned before, that you know they're gonna wander, but they're always going to be kind of outside of the president, outside of people's uh, outside of people's view. So I think, going back to your point about the mental capacity of Bigfoot, I think it's Bigfoot's never in any of the accounts that are given about him. There's a there's a Mormon account, there is an LDS account where Bigfoot speaks, but by and large, Bigfoot never speaks. Bigfoot never even seems to be self aware. Bigfoot just seems to be a hostile creature, so he attacks, he steals things. There is one account, there is a very famous account, I think it's Goodman where the where Bigfoot does lead the end of visual to Osman's account, excuse me, Osman's account, where Bigfoot does lead the witness, Albert Osman to a bunch of other Bigfoots living in British Columbia. So it does seem to have some awareness there, But I think that its mental capacity is more like an animal. Think of a bear, or you know, a line or something like that.
Speaker 1: So in this account where this individual has led to other Bigfoot, is there any form of communication or is it just sign language?
Speaker 2: It didn't it seemed like sign language. I don't think for according to Osman, there was no actual communication with the Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's strange, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So biologic. Like I said, there's an LDS account one of the LDS elders, Bigfoot talks to him and Bigfoot says, my purpose here is basically the wands of the earth and to cause trouble for people, to basically annoy people.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry saying that the bigfoots are telling who that this was.
Speaker 2: And so in Lara day Saint tradition, and I mentioned some of this in my book that there Cain, the first murderer, is connected with Bigfoot. And so there was one of the early one of the early Mormons, a guy named Wesley Smith. He was the president for the Hawaii branch, and he was also the son of the president of the church, Joseph Feldingsmith. He had a he had a conversation with Bigfoot, and according to this Bigfoot talked. Bigfoot said he had no home and he was a wandering in the earth, and he traveled to and fro he was miserable, and that his purpose was to cause trouble for human beings, because if he was going to be miserable, uh, they were going to be miserable as well.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's funny though, because we don't hear of any bigfoot killing anybody. We don't hear bigfoot burning down homes or rating campers or something like that. We hear them screaming and yelling and crying and scaring people. But for all we know, that could be communication of some kind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what we do have some instances, and here's where I lean towards the view cliff kind of that Bigfoot is kind of is hostile. We do have instances, even ancient accounts, so Alexander the Great, going way back to Greek times. In the Anabis of Alexander, which is written in about eighty six CE, there is mention of a battle that took place between Alexander the Great many centuries before and some harry beast with harry men, harry men with claws and they had spears. And then more recently we have so basic the fouch monster, who's the inspiration for Boggie Creek. If you ever watched those movies the Legend of Boggie Creek, So there was a shootout there in Arkansas between a family and Bigfoot and then really yes, so that was the inspiration for the Boggie Creek films. And then you have a couple of other incidents where Bigfoot either attacks people. So, for example, in Texas you have the Novi DoD So, a Native American tribe, which says that you know, there's this hostile creature running around, and the creature would come and basically attack the European settlers were settling in the area and take away their possession. So we do have we do have instances where Bigfoot is hostile. Nick Redfern in his book he talks about a shootout that took place with Bigfoot where they tried to shoot at him, but Bigfoot seem to be unharmed. And again I think this goes back to tie it into my own research, this kind of cursed giant motif in the Bible, because in for example, the story of Kane, what happens to Kane, what's part of his curse? Well, he can't die, so whoever kills Kane, it'll fall on him. Sevenfold, So Caine is cursed to wander forever. So I say all day to say that there are some instances with Bigfoot where Bigfoot does seem in fact to be hostile.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to the Bible for a minute, because I'm curious where does Goliath come from? Is he from a certain tribe of giants or is he just a freak who shows up as the lot the last of his kind? Kind of a situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so Goliath. Excellent point, Cliff, and I think that the answer would be both. So Goliath is to be from Ghat, which is one of the tribes of the Philistines, one of the families of the Philistines. Goliath also seems to have a connection with the anna Kim, who are these giant creatures who themselves have a relation to the Nephileine. Now this is interesting because the Nephylene were supposedly completely wiped out during the flood. But then you have these ana km who are basically the sons the children of the Nephilene, the children of the giants, who appear later on in the biblical narrative. So Moses and the Israelites leaving Egypt, they encounter these Anakim who are descended from the Nephelene. So apparently some of the Nephilene survived and Goliath seems to be related to them as well as being descended from one of the Philistine tribes. So what happened here likely intermarriage. There's probably a giant who intermarried, who enter bred with one of the Philistines, and the result of this was Goliath. Would you give Goliath the same height as these giants that you talk about, which is seven feet seven point five or something like that, or is he I mean some people have depicted Goliath as like twenty feet tall. Yep, yeah, I don't think he was that tall. No, no, but definitely between seven and nine feet yes. And Goliath's one of the small and I mentioned this in my previous book, From Egypt to Ohio. I think Goliath is one of the smaller giants. He's definitely the most famous giant in the Bible, But compared to other giants that we get, the Egyptian giant, the giant with six fingers, he is he's one of the smaller giants. Do you see if he's interbread with a human, Oh.
Speaker 1: He's inter reread with a human Do you see these giants coming to America during the destruction of Earth in this asteroid hit or do you see them coming over before that?
Speaker 2: I think again, Cliff, I think it's both. So they kind of they knew the root to the west to what is now America for many, many centuries, perhaps even millennia. So and we can kind of trace their route from the Near East into Europe with all this folklore that we get about hostile giants, and then into America where we get the the Native American traditions about hostile giants, Bigfoot and others. So I think that they had traveled. They traveled this route for time immemorial. Knowledge of this route was passed on to their descendants, and when bad things, you know, when catastrophes occurred, they would they would take this route. They would leave the Near East, sometimes even leave Europe and go over to the west to what is now is North and South America.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, Adam Stokes, discussing his latest book, The Biblical Bigfoot. Will be right back with you.
Speaker 3: Mindy.
Speaker 1: My guess today is Adam Stokes, who's written a new book called the Biblical Bigfoot, and this is a look at today's Bigfoot, but also where he stands historically. I'm curious to know if you have any reference to them being here already, uh, being a tribe that was in the forest. Perhaps you're talking about Pennsylvania, but perhaps other heavily forest areas on the east coast, in the Midwest, and eventually into the West coast. Because you made you made a good point that the indigenous people of the America's referenced them very early, you know, perhaps thousands of years before our written history. Yep.
Speaker 2: And they say that they're distinct from us. Now, remember Native Americans come from the land bridge of Siberia. They crossed there and migrated into into North America. And they're saying, we encountered these people who were different from us. We encount these people who were hostile to us. And so when you ask them for a Native American tradition, a lot of the Native American mounds, yes they were built by Native Americans, but in imitation of previous mounds built by these giants.
Speaker 1: How do the indigenous people of America describe Sasquatch In other words, can you align that with the biblical accounts and say that they, you know, crossed transoceanic travel to the Americas or are there references of them being here for thousands and thousands of years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there are references. So there are a ton of different creatures in Native American tradition. So you have the wen Dingo, the torrent, the Strendu, the Chinu, the Oma, and the Soakum. These are giant, kind of hairy creatures and they all very well fit the description of sasquatch. And those are part of various Native American traditions that have been passed down for thousands of years. So this creature seems to have whoever Sasquatch is or what the Sasquatches were, they they've been in North America for a very very long time.
Speaker 1: So you don't see the indigenous cultures trading with them or communicating.
Speaker 2: Cultures always want and they always want the European settlers who never listen, they always want to, you know, stay away from this creature. I think for many Native American tribes, and if you watch the show Finding Bigfoot, they'll talk to Native American tribes. Bigfoot is this kind of of sacred creature in both kind of an awe type of sense, in kind of majestic sense, but also in kind of a frightening, terrifying sense, who's both human and non human. And for the Native Americans, I don't want to necessarily speak for them, but I think that if you ask many of them, they would say, this is a creature, as a sacred creature. This is something that you know, we we don't touch, We don't involve ourselves with. If we see him, we see him. If if we don't, we don't. But we kind of, in other words, we just kind of let Bigfoot do his thing, kind of like how Native Americans view certain other types of animals. So, for example, you know the bear, Native Americans would say, you know, we're never supposed to just you know, hang out and live with the bears. The bears have their own kind of realm, their own kind of setting, their own kind of place. It's not for us to go in to to intrude on their space. Wre we just let them be. And I think a similar view Native Americans. Not to speak for all Native Americans, but I think many Native American tribes. May Native American figures would have the same view, the exact same view about Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: That's amazing because we would think that they're intelligent, they'd want to commune with other hominins that are friendly to them, And you're painting a picture of almost a half animal like or a degenerative human who can't really function in the community.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well, I think I think that's the case. I mean, when you look at stories, even the initial contemporary accounts of Bigfoot from California and British Columbia in Canada, people would intrude onto bigfoot space, so they would do construction, they would be doing mining, they would be doing all types of stuff and it just led to a disaster. Bigfoot would destroy their stuff, Bigfoot would steal their stuff. So this is I think, whatever this creature is, Cliff, it is clearly incapable of existing with other people. And that kind of ties well into this this biblical motif again of this there's this cursed figure, this cursed giant who can never really who is never going to be settled around other people.
Speaker 1: In the Book of Daniel, which you reference, what do we know about the the very beginnings of these uh, these giants that turn into bigfoot? Do we say do they Does the book say God uh created this hominin to assist Adam and Eve or was he more of I can't. I can't think the Bible would say something that God created a servant human because that would be blasphemy. But what do you see as a as a scholar, what do you see as kind of the beginnings of how they were created?
Speaker 2: I think that in the beginning, they were, you know, created to be what's the word I'm looking for, you know, to have to have sense, what's the to to to be cognitive? They had the same senses that we do. But because of and you'll notice, there's a correlation between bad action and what becomes this kind of cursed hairy creature. So with Nebuka Nezzar, his pride resulted in him being temporarily cursed to basically be a bigfoot. Now that was temporary, he h, he gets restored, so that doesn't happen. Uh, that's not permanent. But with Cain, for example, the the curse is is permanent. So I think that they, you know, these these these whatever this creature was start off with cognitive abilities was very similar to us and kind of our our abilities, our senses. But because they did something bad because of their own wickedness, because of their wickedness, WI could behavior. This resulted in them kind of be evolving into this creature.
Speaker 1: Okay, where do we see these giants or even bigfoots in ancient history? Do we see them in Egypt? Because there's a lot of people that are saying the giants built the pyramids, or the giants built and carved some of these colossi.
Speaker 2: You know, well, we have can we have ancient accounts of creatures who seem to be very similar to bigfoots. So the one I referenced earlier with Alexander the Great, So we have we have ancient accounts going back to Greek and Egyptian times of people encountering encountering this creature. Almost all civilizations, so not just in America, but around the world they have traditions of a big like creature. So the Cubans have the Jigu. I'm mispronouncing that the Cubans have a big foot. They have a big foot, Yes, the Chigu. Australia, the Australian Aborigines, they have the In Madagascar they have the Kelenoro and then in Brazil they have the map being Guari if I'm pronouncing that right. So that's a man beast creature who who basically haunts the people of Brazil and the stories of him. He's clearly a hostile creature, whoever this creature is. So, I think that we have similar occurrences of what we find in North America with the sasquatch, with the Bigfoot all over the world, and many of these traditions are very very old, the Aboriginal traditions, the Madagascar traditions, uh, they're they are very very old. And of course the Alita are a great one that I mentioned before.
Speaker 1: You know, if we have these uh populations of these huge hominins and they're obviously pro creating because they're still around, you would think that that that we would have some understanding of why they're here, you know, or have they de evolved into a like a animal of some kind and we just accept them rather than try to go out and study them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I mean I think people some people trying the people on finding Bigfoot. They they were they tried to study them. But I think the difficulty in this is that we're dealing with the de evolved creature. You know, it's kind of like trying to catch a bear or trying to catch a lion. That's a difficult thing. And this is this is a creature that, in my view, is deliberately made to avoid other people. So I think there's a Yeah, I definitely think there's a de evolution here, and it's just whatever Bigfoot was, like Nebuknazer, he may admit he was a majestic, you know, a majestic person at one time, but it's de evolved into almost this completely animal like cret.
Speaker 1: Does the Book of Daniel have any passages where a giant is speaking to a regular person and describing their life or their existence. Even a passage from Goliath would be interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I'm in the Old Testament. Goliath does speak, but it's basically mainly to put down David, to yell insults at David and at the Israelites. But none of the giants give an account of their history. The best that we get is.
Speaker 1: In other.
Speaker 2: Non biblical literature, So the Book of Enoch we kind of get a story about the giants. We even have a book of giants in the Book of Enoch, and then in the Epic of Gilgamesh, one of my favorite Near Eastern stories, we have some description about the giants. So when Gilgamesh meets Utnapishtim, who is basically the Gilgamesh version of Noah, so he makes the arc and escapes appeased them tells him about, you know, these giants who were causing trouble and this is why, uh, this is why the flood came. You mentioned that the Book of Enoch references the section on giants. What does it talk about. I'm just curious just basically the origin of the giants. So as these fallen it's and it's very spiritual. As these kind of fallen spiritual creatures in Christian theology terminology, we call them demons.
Speaker 1: Are they damned? Are they a damned race?
Speaker 4: Very much?
Speaker 1: And I wonder what what do they do to be damned?
Speaker 2: Sexual un solicited uh, sexual relations with human women. But they also going back to kind of your question about the cognitive futures of Bigfoot, the giants in the Book of Enoch are seen as having because they were once great and now fallen. They have this spiritual occult knowledge that is is that is very very important. And Enoch draws on that in kind of his own spiritual development.
Speaker 1: That's fascinating.
Speaker 2: He doesn't throw out the baby with the bath water. Yeah, the giant with the ocean water.
Speaker 1: I should say, yes, I think you know, we're talking about the Book of Enoch. I think the Bible would be a much fun, much better read if we kept that in there.
Speaker 2: I wish we had kept it too well. There is a book. There's a book called a New New Testament, and the author that puts in a lot of the apocryphal literature that has that was rejected by the churches. So he has the Gospel of Thomas in there, the Gospel of Judas. I think he might have the Book of Enoch as well. But yes, it definitely should be in our biblical cannon.
Speaker 1: The books called the Biblical Bigfoot, discovering the Biblical origins of America's most famous cryptid. And my guest today has been Adam Stokes. As we conclude, Adam, how should we look at bigfoot sasquestion? That sas question not going away? They're gonna be here. Is there something that we can use Perhaps AI can can dissect and present new data that we can use to perhaps try to communicate with them in some way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, I think ultimately, and I hope that you know, with the advances of AI, this will definitely help with you know, the Bigfoot research that is going on, because there's a lot of people who have looked into this phenomenon way before, you know, I start looking at it now and way after. So Bigfoot's not going away like you said, he's he's not going away at all. So I think, you know, AI will be significantly helpful to Bigfoot researchers. On a more personal level, I think Bigfoot is a cautionary tale. So if we look at the history of giants in the Bible and in other literature as well, kind of a being that fell through their pride. I think we as you know, sentient human beings, that's cognitive human beings. We need to, you know, take that into consider in looking at ourselves and our own actions. Don't be so prideful, because you may end up like Nebu Canezer and like the Sasquatch out in the woods, out in the forest running around.
Speaker 1: But nickd so, oh my god, what a way to conclude. There has to be some consideration for their ability to elude us, because I know, I've read about expeditions that are funded in the millions trying to find Bigfoot, trying to photograph them, trying to get evidence for their habitation, where they're living, in what they're doing, and you hear these stories of people running into them. I think there was a story a few years ago of a woman who was kidnapped and stayed with them. I don't know if it was true or not. Yeah, yeah, but you know, there's some intelligence there that were not recognized because they're eluding us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think that, and that might just be there, you know, Like I said, there might just be their fate to always be elusive to us, which is unfortunate. But we we do have, you know, testimony of hundreds or not thousands of people, and I think that testimony is strong enough. And some of the footage, like I said, I'm a believer of the passing Gimblin footage, So I think some of this footage shows us that clearly these creatures exist.
Speaker 1: All Right, I'm gonna give you the last word, tell us about Bigfoot and some some closing thoughts on the uh, the subject matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Bigfoot, like I said, is not going anywhere anywhere, just in any case, whether he's hostile or he's like Harry the Henderson's a fascinating, a fascinating creature. And I do think that his we can we can find out something about his origins by looking through ancient records, through ancient leg I think that they can give us enlightenment as on who this creature is, even if the creature him or herself doesn't want us to see or know anything about them.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, Adam, always a pleasure. The book The Biblical Bigfoot, It's on Amazon.
Speaker 2: What Amazon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, give us your social media references so people can learn more about you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so. I'm on Facebook. If you just look up Adam Stokes you'll see me. The picture is me giving a lecture from a recent lecture I Digital Atlantis. I'm also on Instagram Adam the Giant Guy twenty nineteen. And those are my Those are my two Those are my two spaces. I check Facebook and Instagram all the time. So if anybody you know to your listeners, feel free to friend me through those right.
Speaker 1: And you're You're still a theology professor at East Coast School right.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: I haven't taught theology in a while, but I did teach for about twelve or thirteen years, and they cut back on a lot of the faculty. So it was nothing personal, not even not even my own writings or anything, but just they were cutting back on faculty. But yes, I taught theology and religion for many, many years.
Speaker 1: Very good Adam, Always a pleasure, and good luck on this new book.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Cliff, always great talking to you.
Speaker 1: If you didn't catch the Mound Builder's presentation with Jason Pintrell, you should check that out. He gets into the Edena Mounds and he says, the largest bones that they found is in the six' nine six'. Ten range that's a. Big human that's like one of our. Basketball players and if you've stood next to a basketball player that's almost seven feet that's an. Enormous Person, oh jesus can you mentioned having to buy pants shoes for? That Person. Oh, god anyhow The biblical bigfoot opened some new doors, for us and that's some. Interesting research so Thanks. To Adam. Adam, stokes hey this is conference season and we Recently Had hugh, newman on who is the Producer Of. Mego lithomania if you want to see a excellent lineup of people who are talking about Megaliths, and england Check Out mego lithomania dot co dot uk and you will see a. Great lineup we'll have some of those people after the Show On, earth ANCIENTS but i suggest checking it out ahead. Of time The reason i'm suggesting it is that they have a streaming program two days for sixty five dollars and all you need to do is Go to megolythomania dot co dot uk and check it out and you can get that program and you can keep all. The files if you can't make it to all the presentations you, could get you'll get all the files after it's. Over With So, Mago lithomania may ninth. And tenth, all right that's it for. THIS program i want to thank my, Guest Today, adam stokes coming to us From the east coast Of The. United states has always the team Of Guiltour mark Foster And. Feya pavar you guys rock, all right take care of, you well and we will talk to you. Next time.
Speaker 5: Catttt that that that that.
Speaker 6: That that.
Speaker 7: That that that That.
Speaker 8: Cottt, sada.
Speaker 3: Said cat, can't truck track, can't truck, can't cart can't you can't truck tat can't, can't truck.
Speaker 7: Can't truck you can't.
Speaker 6: Truck tapett st that that that that that.
Speaker 4: That chap pett Putt suttuttttt yet.
Speaker 6: Let me.
Speaker 8: That's true cont to the toss to.
Speaker 6: The top of.
Speaker 8: Said up.
Speaker 6: Up up.
Speaker 4: Up up.
Speaker 6: Up up Up up.
Speaker 7: Yet ye.
Speaker 4: Yet met me yet met.
Speaker 8: Me compass.
Speaker 9: Tap tap tap tap tap Tap Tap.
Speaker 7: Bott that.
Speaker 6: That that that that that that that that.
Speaker 7: That that.
Speaker 8: Tots sad.
Speaker 4: Trutt can't tract can't tat tat tat tat tat.
Speaker 7: Set up that step.
Speaker 1: That up.
Speaker 3: That that.
Speaker 1: That that.
Speaker 7: That bott and tub batt