Speaker 1: Bibo five if if you've got k r C the talk station, Happy Wednesday, well vation, no idea?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know I kind of feel that way some days too. Happy Wednesday, folks. Martin Thomas right here inviting everybody to listener to lunch. Listen to lunch with mem Brewery. I love that place. I got great food. They always treat us really well. And of course every listener lunch is an opportunity to engage in fellowship, enjoying each other's company. The Germans would call it ummunsually kite. Anyhow, a lot of good times at listener lunch. So appreciate folks that show up. Really does kind of keeps me going, you know what I mean. It's just engaging with folks and talking. Maybe a little bit of politics, but enjoying each other's company. That's what it's all about. So today about eleven thirty rough plus and minus at Weedham and Brewery coming up with a fify five carese morning Show. Thank you Joe Strecker, executive producer for lining up program. You do such a wonderful job. Donovan and Neil Americans for prosperity. It is Wednesday. We talked to Donovan every Wednesday. At seven thirty. Today, Donovan will enlighten us on what the Protect Prosperity campaign is all about. Americans for Prosperities, Protect Prosperity Campaign, and the return is Steve Belza from the Klemont County Veteran Services. We're going to learn about the Emergency Financial Assistance Program. Lots of good things the Klemont County Veteran Services are doing for our local veterans. Mark Levin, you know him, is going to join the program a Dato five. He's got a brand new book. It's called On Power, an Analysis of the philosophy and structure of power and the critical impact of liberty on our collective future. Noting that power has been used to both appress and liberate, He's going to compare the two. Some use it to exploit, destroy, monarchs, dictators, elites who impose tyranny, to seek to consolidate power, stripping freedom from individuals to maintain control over society. A lot of that going on these days. So on Power at eight five follow by Judge Annapolitano. He'll be talking about the Texas elected officials, the legislature that well ran away I keep thinking of Mighty Python and the search for the Holy Grail, run Away, run away, which is exactly what the Democrats did in order to deprive. They deny the quorum, the two thirds quorum that was needed to enact the legislation. The legislation in this particular case, redistricting and Texas. Some are complaining that, well, you know, it's off cycle. Nobody really does redistricting in the middle of before the census comes out. Well, there's no law against it. I guess the Republicans of Texas is going to decide whether it's bad politics or not. And of course the knee jerk reaction from Democrats in California and New York is, well, we're going to redistrict too. Okay, you guys do it all the time, Tay. Take a look at the Illinois legislative map. Can you tell me that isn't a crazy exercise at jerrymandering anyhow? So there's your lineup for today, and I love hearing from you. Is seeking feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk found five fifty on at and T funds. Of course, you heard the response from Sinsi City Council their proposal address the youth violence in downtown by changing the curfew. But before we get to that, I just wanted to give you an update. Uh. This is truly amazing. Been sort of keeping track of the Gifts Send Go campaign for Holly the victim of the brutal beatdown. That was the woman who was attacked just cole cock in the face, knocked her out into the ground, eating profusely. The damage is obvious that the after pictures of that been widely circulated. I rarely ever bring up celebrities and on the fifty five Caresey Morning Show because they're just one person, just like you or I, but they do tend to have a broader reach and voice because they are well movie stars. Charlie Sheen donated a Holly's campaign, which is rather interesting. Benny Johnson, I'm not sure if you're familiar with them. Podcast for Benny Johnson's one that started this along with the help of Bernie Morena to some degree, and Charlie Sheen gave him both credit. So, Benny, I was merely following your gracious lead. The speed at which you and Senator Moreno had. The donation plan was stunning and compassionate and as patriotic as it gets. You both reminded all of us of the America we remain proud to call home. Keep up the great work, and Holly, we have your six I'm not sure how much you donated. It wasn't reported in the article, but yesterday I noted that in a matter of one day, twenty four hours passed, the fund in the campaign had jumped one hundred thousand dollars. Well, yes, here we are. Another day has passed and another increase of close to one hundred thousand dollars. I wake up this morning and find the campaign is so far raised five hundred and twenty five thousand plus dollars and again mostly small contributions going into this. So the more this message gets sent around, and you know, maybe this is the upside to Cincinnati being put on the map because of crime. This hasn't hadn't reached nationwide attention, global attention. Actually, I'm sure this campaign wouldn't have been raised as much as it raised. I mean, the original goal is twenty five thousand dollars. And she may have some lasting cognitive problems, and that's one of the real concerns. So she's going to have lasting medical bills and apparently not able to work and everything, so certainly needs a little bit of money to get her through. And I imagine five hundred and twenty five thousand and rising shot in the arm is nothing but welcome news to Holly as she recovers from her injuries. So pretty cool. Anyhow, so they're modifying the juvenile They're gonna vote on it today. It seems pretty It seems like a lock that it's going to be approved completely by Sinceinny City Council. But the Sinceinni Public Safety and Governance Committee yesterday proposed some curfew changes for the city. According to the emergency Ordinance, the new curfew would be changed to eleven pm for everyone under the age of eighteen for the entire city, every day Monday through the whole week. Now. City Solicitor Emily smart Warner, I guess, speaking with Mary Labus over at Fox nineteen or just maybe in the meeting, said this previously. The current curfew that is in place is ten pm for those under sixteen and midnight for those under eighteen, which just makes enforcement a little more difficult. I guess you know a police officer. I mean, you think about it. At ten pm, you see youths gathered together or a random youth wandering around the street. Should that person be out? If they're over the age of eighteen, then they're allowed to be out until midnight or under eighteen? Midnight, under sixteen? Ten pm, So you're gonna have to determine their age. And I don't know, do you think they carry their drivers? Do you have a driver's license? Do they carry a state issued identification card with them? I mean, I'm trying to struggle to remember. You know, when I was fifteen years old, I don't recall having a state identification card. Before I got a driver's license, there was no way for me to confirm my age. So I guess it's a matter of trust. But you had to find if you had to figure out whether the kid was, you know, allowed to be out or not? Okay or midnight? It's after ten pm? Are you sixteen? Are you under sixteen? So I get that it would be difficult to enforce. So every body eleven pm under eighteen off the streets now. Apparently the second Emergency Ordinance makes the Central Business District and over the Rhine what they call a special curfew district. Now, the curfew in these areas nine pm and five between nine am or nine pm or other and five am every day for just those two areas corner city insides. Both neighborhoods have seen more crime to property than any other offenses, specifically personal, theests and tests and vehicles. The Chief DJ speaking said, modifying curfews is something my colleagues chiefs across the country are being forced to take a look at because they are dealing with some of the same issues that we are. Oh, look, Washington, d C. Same problem. Trump had a comment or two about that. I guess they're experiencing the same youth violent crime in Washington, DC, a problem that's going on all across this great land of ours. I still just I step back from this issue, and I still scratch my head and wonder what kind of parent would allow their children out or not care that they are out at these crazy hours. Is this absolutely no concern whatsoever? You think the simple reality of a blood relation, that is your offspring out there running a monk you might want to take, you know, like WHOA. Maybe I should feel concerned about this, Maybe I should well, put our own curfew in home. Maybe I should demand that the child is in the house by a certain hour. They've all got cell phones. They can call, just like I used to do. If I want to stay out past eleven or midnight or whatever the curfew happened to be at my given age, I had to call and ask for permission held to if I didn't do that. Apparently, in terms of enforcement on this, and I guess they're going to enforce it now because as we've learned over the past several weeks, they have not been enforcing curfew. Police were specifically instructed, as we have been told, not to bother with enforcing curfew, and what was the point of it anyway, Nothing ever happened to the kids after curfew. A police officer apparently is going to approach a juvenile ask them to go home, and if they don't comply with the officer's orders, the police are allowed to detain them and can either take them home it's like an uber ride, take them home where an adult is present, or to a curfew center. Apparently the Seven Hills neighborhood house. If taken, the Seven Hills staff there will attempt to contact a parent or guardian to pick them up or have them taken home again. Uber service staff is unable to reach an adult to be taken to the Lighthouse Youth and Family Services, and if the juvenile has outstanding charges, they'll be taken to the Mlton County Youth Center. Miners who are found out past curfew are going to be given a misdemeanor curfew violation charge. They cannot be incarcerated based on that charge. FYI, their parents are guardians, apparently going to get a written warning for the first offense and then a misdemeanor charge if it happens again. I presume, based on this reporting from Fox nineteen that the parents are the ones that are going to be given a misdemeanor charge for the second offense and moving forward. Hamilton County Juvenile Court Judge Carry Bloom that at the committee meeting to speak on this, said that the misdemeanor charge for miners is a status offense which is given for a violation based on purely age ergo you can incarceraate them for that charge. So apparently additionally, the status of the offense can go into miners record, but you can of course seal the record or have it expunged, said the judge. I thought this is rather peculiar. The word equity came in Jeff Cameroning and Vice Mayor jam Mischelle Kearney brought up equitable enforcement in over the Rhine, in downtown and where problem actors may go after the curfew hits, expressing concern that once the curfew kicks in in these two special areas over the Rhine and the Central Business District, I guess they just get on a bus and go someplace like bond Hill, grammerting. As we move forward, I have two concerns. The Vice mayor talked about the potential of equitable enforcement wherever you carve out a special area. I think that's something we need to consider and monitor moving forward. And also, I think it's the perception between nine and eleven will be pushing a problem actors to the neighborhoods. I think that means to other neighborhoods where this curfew isn't in effect, so people can get on a bus line and go to again, he said bond Hill. I guess that's where they came in because I read the article earlier and that was in the back of my mind. I don't think that's the reality. I think that could be the perception. He concluded. They were kind of wondering why it is that Government Square was the place to hang out in Fiji. Speculated, Well, it starts out as a place to be seen and to see and be seen, and that's why, in my opinion, the nine o'clock curfew is so important. Because it's one thing to go down there and socialize. It's what happens after the socializing is finished and the disorderly behavior starts in something that sometimes then crime flows or follows. Well, that's the hangout place. It's the words gotten out. Hey, we're all gonna be a government square. Come on down. Well, at least now they can start rounding them up after a certain hour. I guess I have to outlaid. If you got thirty teens that are violating curfew Government Square, how many police officers does it take to provide I had this sort of this tiered effect to initiate this contact apparent, give them an uber ride home, I mean a cop car ride home, and then moving through this various process ultimately ending up at the Hamilton County Youth Center. How many police does it take tree, fitty Joe, All right, we got the number, five nineteen right now. Fifty five krc DE Talk station, don't go Away'd be right back.
Speaker 3: Fifty five krc dot com our iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Music too, que on five twenty three, fifty five KRCD Talk station five one three seven point nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty three talk. I'll jump over to the phone to what Jay's got this morning. Jay, thanks for calling. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Brian.
Speaker 5: So if I understand correctly, there was a beatdown in Cincinnati, and the response is that we are going to put a curfew on onto youse. And I just did a quick AAI search that said how old, oh yeah, where the criminals was the Cincinnati beat.
Speaker 1: This is not impacting them at all.
Speaker 5: Twenty nine, thirty six, and thirty nine. I think we're the ages of the three people that were arrested. So if we're going to just do knee jerk reactions not connected to in the brawl, then I would say maybe the next thing they should think about is put up speed cameras and maybe put in some more roundabouts at intersections, and maybe we could tank the stop signs of orange instead of.
Speaker 4: Red, and well.
Speaker 2: And I think that would be equally as effective a curfew.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, obviously this is not going to impact adults who get unruly. They're not subject to the curfew. That's a completely separate problem. But that does not mean we didn't have a problem with underage kids gathering down around Government Square and causing a lot of problems. So this curfew, I will acknowledge, addresses a completely different problem, but it still addresses a problem. Whether it works or not remains to be seen. Whether they enforce it or not, it remains to be seen. Whether they have enough officers to even consider enforcing it remains to be seen. But it does address the gathering of underage teenagers in large numbers in downtown, at least after certain hours. It's a step in the right direction. I mean, you know, I don't have a problem with the enforcing the curfew, do you I don't have a problem with it.
Speaker 5: But for what I do for a living is root cause, corrective action in.
Speaker 6: Order to help businesses.
Speaker 5: Improve or anything for that matter. So I think what they're up against is there is no solution. Oh, how do you take a twenty nine to thirty six and a thirty nine year old and say, I can't believe that that happened with people this age, And this is government trying to reach to fix us something that the government can't fix exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See that goes back to my frustration yesterday why I was so sort of down after the town hall, because you've hit the nail on the head. This is a systemic, this long brewing, ever growing societal problem. We need to change the hearts and minds of people generationally. There's no solution to this other than us collectively deciding that we're going to be more more moral, more ethical, more law abiding people and not engage in sick, disgusting acts of violence in response to something that does not justify sick acts of violence.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, agreed, agreed, And unfortunately for the for the cops out there, this means that more of the responsibility for youths is shifted off the parents, and now the cops have to continue to take on more of the shoulder, more of the burden of what parents ought to be taken care of, and so now it will go on to the shoulders of the UH, the the understaffed overworked, overstressed police department that are retiring in droves and quitting in droves right and now they're.
Speaker 1: Going to be This is an effort by government to solve the problem that exists out there, a systemic problem. Parents apparently don't care about their children.
Speaker 5: Well in governmental step in, like we talked about yesterday with Vince evad Ellison.
Speaker 4: Sure they'll be the parent.
Speaker 1: You just get me more power, more authority.
Speaker 4: A city council will happy to be that.
Speaker 5: The parent of all the youths is just going to take more funding, folks, So open up your wallets. Cops, get ready. You're going to have to probably at some point start tutoring them on your homework. And government, we'll try to fix this. And it fails every time it's tried, in every blue city, in every blue state. It fails every single time it's tried.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's kind of like pre k kindergarten. You know, let the government take care of your children in the morning for you. We'll do it for you. You can go off and go on your merry way, you know, do what you think you need to do, and while the government tends to your children. Yeah, it's a broader problem, a big, big societal systemic problem. No quick fixes, although I do not again have a problem with them actually enforcing the curfew or the changes they did for the curfew. You know, I guess when parents fail, someone's got to step in and do the job. Sad, sorry state of affairs when we turned to the government to actually provide a solution, knowing full well the government is terrible at solutions seven twenty eighty seven and fifty five KRSD Talk station Got some local stores. You can feel free to call. Love to hear from you. Five and three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two to three Talk be right back, fifty five krc the talk station five thirty one fifty five KARSD Talk Station half eat Wednesday, listener Lunch Wednesday. Weadham and Brewery. They'll we can make it before I get to Tom, who's on the phone. Five and three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two to three talk. Oh look, shooting last night and over the Rhine eleven PM near the intersection of West mcmckinna Avenue in Mohawk Place. Is that the one you were talking about the other one, Joe, he was waiting for some real I think it's probably the same one. Joe thought there was a separate shooting incident in Price Hill on Mohawk. He hadn't seen any reporting on that. I think that's the one that overlaps here. It doesn't matter. Officers found a man not identified yet with multiple gunshot wounds, taking the UC Medical Center and pronounced dead over the phones. Well go Tom, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Wednesday to you, my friend.
Speaker 7: Yeah, on that happy note. Yeah, it just gets better and better, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, This this whole issue with the with the crime in the city, it's uh, it is very complicated. You you are, you're trying to get people to behave properly and you only have so many tools at your disposal. Yeah, and all the all the while, you got people in government who are basically giving these people incentive to not work or to whatever act however they're acting. And you know, our our our society, our way of life, gives people the freedom to do what they want. You have freedom of speech and you know, different freedoms to be able to come and go as long as.
Speaker 1: You're an adult do thing.
Speaker 7: So It is very complicated, but the only the only solution has to be that people have to have the spot by the backbone to administer consequences to people.
Speaker 8: That the law.
Speaker 1: That's the point of the criminal justice system. Obviously, if you're raised in a good family and you have morals and ethics and you're not inclined to break the law ever, and you don't go out and engage in criminal activity, you're not going to be part of the criminal justice system. We don't need to apply it to you. You know the rules. Some people aren't raised in an environment where they have any respect for law order or your personal rights, your personal space, your personal property, and they invaded or otherwise harm you. That's why we have punishment, which is the point of the criminal justice system. There will be consequences if you don't follow them rules, that's right.
Speaker 7: So don't bitch a complain when you've got fines coming at you or or there or there. You're getting put in handcuffs because you broke the law. You did something wrong, and it takes people in the neighborhood too. Unfortunately. People would like to mind their own business and and do their thing and not worry about it because they're they're not breaking the law. So cops come to their door and ask them for you know, did you see or hear anything? I don't want to be involved, Well, you know what, you choose not to be involved. And then because of all this things get worse. And then because of all that, your taxes go up. Well, now you're involved, you're paying more. Congratulations. So I know it takes some guts and a spine, but we got to stand up and say, hey, I saw that guy do that. And I'm willing to I'm willing to stand up and say that I don't want that in my neighborhood and I don't want that going on, and I want you to do something about that guy, you know. And that's the kind of stuff it takes. And I know it's tough, but this is what this is.
Speaker 8: This is what it.
Speaker 7: Takes and for these uh and the switch gears real quick that the the Republicans that need to do what they got to do in Texas, and and then and then the United States Senate do what you gotta do. The Democrats are gonna do whatever they're gonna do. As long as you're not breaking the law, as long as you're not violating rules, do what you gotta do to get it done. And then and and show the Democrats you're not going to let their winding and complaining and all their fear monitoring stop you from doing what you were elected to do. Get it done, and people don't vote Democrats. Have a good day.
Speaker 1: Take care. The transition to the final point made sometimes better than others. Appreciate that time real quick here perfect segue to the stack of stupid. Shivvy, Ohio, a woman arrested after leading police under chase after attempting to run over a man following a tattooed dispute courney Shivvy Police Department. Rebecca Hanger, twenty seven facing two assault charges, including one felloning and fleeing police after authorities arrived at the three un a block of North Bend Road after eleven thirty pm Thursday last where they believe Hager was fleeing the scene of a wreck. Pursued and sued. Police saw Hagger make a U turn before speeding off, landing officer down several blocks before the vehicle hit an island, causing her to lose control and slam into a telephone pole and magazine dispenser should be police at the time requested officers to the Originals found a man in the vehicle they believe was involved in a crash with Hager before she fled. Man in the car explain the police that Hager attempted to run him over after she followed him from a tattoo shop he had only previously known about her after a dispute with the tattoo shop owner after being unsatisfied with the tattoos she received from an apprentice. Hager currently held in the Hamlin Kind Of Justice Center at least was one hundred and forty thousand dollars bond awaiting trial. Just phone calls or stackers dud been coming out. Next. First, Odor Exit od O r XIT. Go to otero exit dot com and get your Odo exit product raid right here in the Greater Cincinni Maria area, as they have been for twenty five years, twenty five years successfully removing and ridding you of the odors that plague you, and you get a discount. Actually this got in the form of free shipping. I think on orders over twenty five bucks. I do believe that it's still in play. But regardless, Odor Exit dot Com they'll have it shipped to your home, probably overnight, and that's what they strive for, so at least within a couple of days. You can buy it today by using the search engine on the website to find a store locally that carries it. It's sold all over the Greater Cincinnati area. One hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Whether you're trying to get rid of pedotor, human owner, skunk, mold, mildew, smoke, consider any other odors, trust me the product's work again. One hundred percent satisfaction guarantee goes along with your purchase of Odor Exit Again online. Odorrexit dot com works on everything except the stench of politics.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: This is Jacob goldtweon for What's Your Problem by forty fifty five perc Decalk Station Wednesday, Stack is Stupid or you can call five went three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three to found five fifteen on eighteen and t phones quick reminded here fifty five KRC dot com. Get the podcasts and you can't listen line to the Daniel Davis Deep Dive or The Inside Scoop and Bright Bart News or Orlando Sonza talking about the Hampton County Military and Veteran Appreciation Day. Maybe you want the details for that coming up on August twenty third, two pm to ten pm and should be a fantastic event. Just show up and thank the veterans for their service to our country. Veterans, you get free food, free admission. All you need to do is log in and register in advance at Hamilton County Veteran Services HCVSC dot org is where you can register my veteran friends. So great event, and I appreciate Orlando coming on the program and talking about that yesterday. So there it is again. It's time for the stack is stupid?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: Nickelback I didn't Are they still around, Joe? Oh? Yes, shocking me as the article reads nothing like a good old fashioned nickel backcountry singalong Thursday evening Central Oak and Agen Search and Rescue Crew. This is from Vancouver, British Columbia. I guess you think you have had pro ball hung out here at this event Joe when he was on vacation with his family and not paying attention to the concerns going on in the city of Cincinnati. Maybe we know where he was now yes, indeed anyway. The Central Okanagan Search and Rescue crew were out training when they received reports of someone yelling for help near a climbing spot located at near the Ketel Valley Railway. Two hikers had contacted nine to one one. After hearing what sounded like repeated cries, the crew immediately switched from training to rescue mode, activating its drone team along with two RCMP officers Royal Canadian Anapolice. First members of the crew arrived and the Bottlefields could hear faint yelling, but couldn't make out what was being said. According to the post online by the search crew, the crew split into two teams, preparing to search the woods in the forest roads when team members found the source of the yelling, one man camping alone screening out Nickelback's greatest hits.
Speaker 4: Keep your stupid mouth shut.
Speaker 1: According to the team, and this is a quote, camper was singing his heart out to the trees, blissfully unaware that his that the acoustics of the butter Boulder fields the area had turned his tent side concert into an accidental distress signal. He wasn't in trouble, said search manager Dwayne Trendnich unless you count his singing. He followed up team thanked the hikers who called it in, adding the while Thursday Evenings incident turned out to be nothing more than a camper and need the singing lessons. It could have been serious. And remember they said, our services are always free and the money you save could be spent on singing lessons. Maybe choose a different with a different group to feature when doing an a cappella rendition. Nickelback, you know, and the other component of that Joe in terms of stack of stupid, I don't know if he had lyrics in his hands, but he was singing Nickelback hits or songs that he knew by heart. What Sliverary, Maryland woman allegedly became so frustrated with a man who owed her seven dollars that she lit his house on fire with gasoline and then fled the scene on a bicycle. Rest Bulleton from the Office of Maryland State Fire Marshals said officials were sent to the residents of July third to investigate a small fire that the homeowner had already extinguished court of the bullet and the man told investigators that Janice Louise One, someone he had known for several years, became upset after demanding seven dollars that she claimed yoder. After a brief argument, one allegedly left, returned minutes later with a bottle of gasoline, set the front door on fire before fleeing the area on a bicycle. Investigators able to reportedly able to pin the crime on this person thanks to the reports from a canine unit and surveillance camera videos from nearby businesses. Ony arrested August first charge of first and second degree arson, first degree militia's burning, malicious destruction of property over one thousand dollars, reckless endangerment, and theft under one hundred dollars. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Seven dollars was the amount in dispute. Okay, just sign up for jail time over that and Yhow pressties interiors improve the way families welcome together in the kitchen for more what thirty five years? I think John Ryan's been doing almost exclusively kitchens. John is prestige and tears, and John Ryan will be the one you're working with. Sweet guy, wonderful man to work with, real easy to work with, and brilliant when it comes to kitchen solutions. Everyone hangs out of the kitchen. It's I know, it's the heart of our home. I spend more time in the kitchen pretty much in any other room in our home. I just enjoy it, and I enjoy it even more because John Ryan remodeled our entire kitchen about a decade ago, still loving it to this day. He's a real profect action perfectionist when it comes to the UH remodeling projects, and he's with you from initial design to final installation. Take him up on his ideas. He's got some outstanding ones, whether it's a big project or small. If it alves catchen remodeling, find him online Prestige one two three dot com, Prestige one two three dot com A plus with the BBB. You love working with him five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two.
Speaker 9: Nine fifty five KRC five to fifty.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KERCD Talks, Dation, Happy Wednesday, Back up with the stack is stupid? Let us see and who thinks of this kind of thing? I least rather revealing. If you come up with this idea a little revealing about you and your person and your uh well, I don't know. Is it fetish the appropriate word? A company called Freda, described as being renowned for its baby products as teamed up with a small batch ice cream maker called Oddfellows and have introduced a what is described as unique ice cream flavor inspired by breast milk. Why are you doing that? No idea? Not made with real breast milk. They say. It's called breast milk ice Cream. Limited availability to pop up location. You gotta go to Brooklyn, New York for this, unless you want to go to freedo dot com and have it shipped to your home for you people out there craving breast milk ice cream flavor described as quote freshly expressed and oddly familiar clothes quote combine sweet and salty notes with its hints of honey and features of distinct yellow cluster like hue wa. They say it was developed through multiple tastings. Pause and consider who the tasters were. You think it's adults with the distinct familiarity with breast milk flavor. There's no flag. See That's where I was going, Joe exactly. Milk ingredients and cholesteran powder used to create and mimic the nutrients found a breast milk. Frieder wrote that the Blessed breast milk flavored ice cream quote satisfies late night cravings and fuels your body too close quote, also noting it is packed with similar nutrients to breast milk and formula, including omega threes, lactose, protein, vitamins, and minerals. No thank you, dad. Twenty eight year old Kentucky man arrested for allegedly shooting his girlfriend's ex husband after the two men quote unquote coincidentally ran into each other while at a restaurant in Louisville. Whatever. Carlos Garcia Rameiro taken in to custody over the weekend, charged with spate of felonies, including two counts of second degree of assault, one kind of first degree want, and endangerment. Garcia Romeiro also facing charges of discharging a firearm or other device across the public road, unlawfully carrying a concealed weapon, of first degree, fleeing or evading police. Court of Louisville Metro Police Department release officers responded a report of his shooting at a restaurant fifty hundred block a New Cut Road. This on Sunday, they got their first responder said they locate an adult male who appeared to have suffered a gunshot wound. Emergency medical personnel took him to the University of Louisville for treatment. While at the hospital, the victim told police he knew the shooter and identified him as Carlos Garcia, saying that he was his ex wife's boyfriend. Investigators soon learned that Guess the suspect was in fact Garcia Romera. Victim reportedly explained that he encountered Garcia Emira after quote coincidentally running into him close quote at a restaurant. Shooting allegedly took place shortly after the two men saw each other. Police reportedly able to confirm Garcia Amraa's girlfriend and the victim shared a child together. In an interview with investigators, Garcia Mara allegedly conceded that he saw the victim and pointed a gun at him to scare him, but that he didn't intend to shoot him. Whatever thinky Liam defendant reportally went on to claim that the gun accidentally went off whatever he was pointing it at the victim, sure it did. After the shooting, Garcia. Mayor reportedly told police that he tossed the gun into a dumpster nearby gas station. Yes. It is currently held the Louisville Metro Police Department Department of Corrections in little of a fifty thousand dollars bond doing court August twelfth. Apparently, the authority said the victims suffered non life threatening injuries it accidentally went off. Y thirty te year old woman in Texas runs a daycare out of her home, arrested after leaving the children of five clients in a hot park car outside of a grocery store while she went shopping wild get the Song Out while bringing her own two children inside the store with her period. The biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche thand you. She operates a daycar daycare called My Little Angels out of her home establishment licensed to serve infants toddlers in kindergarten as as a maximum capacity of three children at a time. State's been there a couple of times for inspections. Latest April of this year found no deficiencies, court to court filings. Wilson Friday, August first, drove up to the Kruger on Telephone Road, Houston with five children she was in charge with caring for, as well as her own two children. Children allegedly left in the vehicle, where a ten month old, a one year old, a two year old, a six year old and eight year old. While there, they say she took her children into the store but left the five clients children in the car in ninety one degree weather, Witnesses allegedly found the children in distress, red faced, crying, charging documents. Accuser of intentionally and knowingly engaging in conduct that plan that place the victims in imminent danger of bodily injury and death. Wow, who's taking care of your kids? Five point fifty six fifty five KRC the talk station Plenty in the six o'clock hour. Feel free to steer the direction of the conversation. Give me a call five one, three, seven, nine fifty five eight hut of eighty two to three. Talk either way. It'd be right back after the news Today's top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 6: When I'm informed I feel smarter fifty five KR the talk station.
Speaker 1: To six fifty five KRC the talk station Thomas here wishing everyone a very happy Wednesday and inviting everyone to listen to lunch going to be a weed. Them in Brewery enjoy going there, and I and I certainly enjoy the fellowship. I always like to point that out. It's just a really nice, nice time you get to meet some fellow the fifty five car Sea listeners. I think you're like them too. Must everybody show us up the first time, uh listening to lunch, folks is they end up having a time, So God bless each and every one. It's it's fun. I have fun anyways. It means a lot to me. It also means a lot to me that Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity joins the program every Wednesday at seven thirty, just like he's doing today. We're gonna learn together what the Protect Prosperity campaign is all about. And of course AFP always providing you with an opportunity to help better the path you're in the state of Ohio, and I can just strongly encourage you to take him up on the opportunity to help out. So we'll learn together at seven thirty what a Protect Prosperity campaign is, followed by claimont County Veteran Services. Steve Belzo returns to the studio to enlighten all of us about the Emergency Financial Assistance Program and thanks on behalf of all the veterans served by the Clarmont County Veteran Service Commission for what they do each and every day, just outstanding services and resources there for our veteran friends in Claremont County. Mark Levin, he'll be on the program, actually, the return of Mark Levin. I've talked to him before. He's got a new book out. It's called On Power, So a rather interesting book, a very philosophical, historic look at power, how it's abused, and how it can be used for the positive and for good. So that at eight oh five then we're gonna hear from Judge Napolitano on the runaway Texas Democrats, and he writes a defense in defense, they do have the freedom to travel. Whether they committed a crime or not remains to be seen. I really really can't get my head around that one. But they ran away. They ran away rather than to for the sole purpose of denying the legislative branch a quorum so they could vote on redistricting in Texas. It's not illegal to redistrict a kind of off cycle, and I think everyone's readily admitted that normally this does not happen. They usually do it every ten years after the census comes out. Mother they're doing at mid cycle for the purpose of security a Republican majority and maybe gaining a couple of seats in Texas. Oh my god, you can't do that. Well you can. And to those screaming a lot us about it, folks in California, Governor Gavin Newsom, and of course Illinois and New York and others, Governor Hokel they're going to do the same thing because Texas is doing it. See expect a reaction. You know, it's whatever you do, somebody else is going to thank you. Joe perfectly time sound bite right there.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm asking my listening audience to help me get my head around and understand this. Is this a worthy endeavor? What is he talking about? I'm talking about the United States plan NASA to build a nuclear power plant on the Moon. I get, we can't get them here in Ohio. Why are you doing this? I don't know. Well, I mean, I understand the long term goal so we can establish a colony or something on the Moon. We have a housing shortage here and a power problem here. I think we should probably work on solving the problems here on planet Earth where we all live, rather than off shoring power production to the Moon. NASA's Acting Administrator Sean Duffy announced this the other day, planning to build a nuclear reactor on the lunar surface as part of the Artemis program, which is a campaign to return them to the Moon and stay there. Joe, you and I could come up with a list of people we might want to send to the Moon so they stay there. You think they're going to turn it into like an alligator Alcatraz kind of place. We ran out of places to send criminal, illegal immigrants, so we're gonna shoot them off to the Moon. From the Moon to the Moon base, just a theory. Duffy yesterday. We're in a race to the moon, race to the Moon, in a race with China to the Moon. He added, And to have a base on the Moon, we need energy, and in some of the key locations on the Moon we're gonna get solar power. But this technology is critically important, ah, because solar power doesn't generate enough electricity for a Moon base, apparently much in the same way solar power doesn't generate enough electricity for application on the Earth as well. Anyway, this is kind of alarming. Duffy was talking on the press conference explaining the idea of utilizing nuclear power on the Moon not a new concept. He said they had been discussing this during Trump's first term, even under the Biden administration. Fun fact, hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent studying the idea and whether it can be done. Hundreds of millions of dollars studying the idea. He said, we're now moving. We're going to move beyond studying, and we've given directions to go, let's start deploying our technology to move to actually make this a reality. So this NASA plan apparently got to be sending a four person Artemis two on a mission around the Moon, followed by Artemis three, which will land humans on the surface, apparently staying there for six days. And he also noted, not shocking to anybody that follows government programs, this program is behind schedule. Following Artemis three, that'll be the humans landing on the Moon. The acting ASID administrator said that the unmanned missions would begin sending assets to lunar surface in order to start building a base for long term stays. But solar power, which powers the International Space Station primarily, will not be enough, he said. We are able to build a base, but this is critically important. There's a certain part of the Moon that everyone knows that is the best. We have ice there, we have sunlight there. We want to get there first and claim that for America, and to do this is part of the fission technology. It's critically important to sustain life because solar won't do it. Maybe there is a lesson we can all learn here about the pursuit of solar power, they say, while continuing to face delays. This Artemis program the latest target for the next moon landing mid twenty twenty seven, and a reporter on this Jason Richmond of Epoch Epic Times, said the China spased program reportedly on track to make its first man landing on the Moon in twenty thirty. Now I'm just asking out loud. Now, during the Cold War, we were the first people to land on the Moon. Very proud moment for the United States of America, A technological miracle given the modern technology. Well, then modern technology. Your cell phone has like thousand times more computing power than the original Apollo Moon program, And yeah, it was a true victory. I can't deny that someone set foot on the Moon. I don't know what we ultimately learned by our expeditions to the Moon, how much it advanced science. But I'm just wondering what the point is for wanting to develop the Moon. We have so many programs. Here are so many problems here on the Earth's surface that have remained unsolved. If you're going to create a list of programs or expenditures that you want government to address, knowing full well that there's a finite amount of dollars floating in around the world and are taken in by government the form of taxes, and they already spend gazillions in well more properly stated trillions of dollars beyond what they take in and still do not accomplish what many expect from government are what will ultimately be billions of dollars. I don't know if we're going to get in the world of trillions talking about building a nuclear building, a fully manned twenty four to seven three sixty five station on the Moon. But to build the nuclear power plant in addition to it, of course necessary, you got to have power. I get that, but is it worth it? Is this something that should be in our list of important critical things to accomplish given the finite amount of dollars in government? And again a question of priority. Shouldn't we be getting nuclear power before maybe the surface of the Moon. I'd like to think so it's the answer to all of our problems. To the extent you believe carbon is a problem, carbon dioxide and I firmly do not. Shocking to know one who listens to the program. It's plant food, the tiny percentage of the Earth's atmosphere. It's not a problem. But if that's a concern to you, nuclear is the answer because it doesn't produce any carbon dioxide. It produces nothing except electricity in abundance. So if you could maybe defend this and tell me why this is a worthy endeavor, I'd love to know. Why. Is it just because China wants to reach the moon. China wants to put a man on the moon, something that we accomplished in nineteen seventy we haven't been there since nineteen seventy two. Late sixties. Of course when the first moon landing. So we're decades decades, decades ahead of China insofar as getting someone there. Is it important that we establish a base on the Moon ahead of China? Can we actually declare it as our own because we set foot on it. I suppose one can make that argument, and I'm sure there's some leftists out there screaming about, you know, colonialization. Probably you can make a racism argument too. We're bringing racism to the Moon by establishing a colony there. I don't know, seems crazy to me. Six sixteen fifty five k se DE talk station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two to three talk be like Jeff, be like Fred, save thousands and thousands of dollars. I just used those as illustrations because they both got back to me and told me how much money they saved it affordable imaging services. They did not go to the hospital imaging department. I took my advice and went to affordable imaging services. Fred saved six thousand dollars, Jeff say thirty one hundred dollars. They're both very happy about it, and I appreciate them chiming in and letting them know I've been there multiple times. I think I have probably saved, maybe even more than that, considering I've had three CT scans at affordable imaging services where the hospital would have charged me five thousand dollars maybe had to pay extra for the radiologist report four point fifty without a contrast only six hundred dollars worth. A contrast that affordable imaging services ultrasounds don't pay two thousand, pay two hundred and fifty bucks. Remember every image that affordable imaging does comes with the board certified radiologist report included. Exercise your choice. You've got one. It's low overhead, but it's the same equipment hospitals used five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Online it's affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Think of a single moment, six twenty one here, fifty five years TEDtalk station, fift free to call by one three seven hundred eight two three talk confect fifty on AT ANDCH phones. Oh look our favorite guy pencil neck Adam Shift, Senator Adam Shift, You remember him, don't you Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia got a bit of a egg on his face now on that one, but he is now well under criminal investigation for mortgage fraud. Karma can be a tough mistress. Pencil neck Shift last month story broke, the Federal Housing Finance Agency sent a criminal referral to the Department of Justice, alleging that Shift, on multiple occasions, falsified bank documents and property records to acquire more favorable loan terms. Back in twenty twenty eleven, then California Congressman pencil Neck Shift certified that a property in Montgomery County, Maryland, it was his primary residence. Okay, he also owns a condominium in Burbank, California, which he had also claimed as his primary residence as recently his twenty twenty three during his Senate campaign, Director of FHFA sent a letter to Attorney General Pambondi and Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche in May, citing the alleged misconduct by Schiff. Court of Director William Poulti. In the letter, based on media reports, mister Adam B. Schiff has in multiple instances falsified bank documents and property records to acquire more favorable loan terms, impacting payments from two thousand and three to twenty nineteen for Potomac, Maryland based property. As regulator Fanny May Freddie Mack and the FHLALB Federal Home Loan Banks, we take very seriously allegations of mortgage for aud or other criminal activities. Such misconduct jeopardized as the safety and sonus of fh FA's regulated entities and the security instability of US mortgage market. He later got a memo from the Fannie Main Financial Crimes Investigations concluding that Shift had engaged in quote a sustained pattern of possible occupancy misrepresentation close quote on five Fanny May loans. So they purchased a home he and his wife in Potomac, Maryland back in two thousand and three, paid eight hundred and seventy grand for it. They entered into a Fanny May back mortgage agreement for six hundred and ten thousand dollars at five point six two five percent thirty year mortgage, asserting that the property would be their primary principal residence. All right, that was the Maryland residence. Letters said. They reaffirmed that Maryland home was in fact their primary residence in the mortgage refinance filings in two thousand nine, twenty eleven, twenty twelve, and twenty thirteen, in spite of the fact that Schiff was an elected official representing the state of California at the same time. Humm, the director there, said Schiff and his wife did not list the Maryland home as their secondary residence until twenty twenty. Over the same time frame, though, Shift took out a homeowners tax exemption on the conduct units in Burbank, California, claiming that home as his primary residence for a seven thousand dollars reduction off the property tax. Federal housing officials wrote that he believes Shift's alleged misconduct could be violations of federal criminal codes banning wire fraud, mail fraud, bank fraud, and false statements to financial institution. According to Poltice, Shift appears to have falsified records in order to receive favorable loan terms, and also appears to have been aware of the financial benefits of primary residence mortgage when compared to his secondary residence mortgage. Anybody who owns multiple residences knows full well about that, asks the snowbirds who spend half their time here and half their time in Naples, Florida. It's six months plus one day, and you got your Florida residency primary residence, and you enjoy the tax benefits of being a Florida resident rather than a resident of Hamilton County for example. Hmmm, pencil, next shift under the microscope for a change. Sounds like they had pretty solid evidence of this. His signature and his wife's signature on these documents. They knew where they lived. Joe hang On, not Joe Strecker, but Joe online happened to Quali five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk. I'll take your call before I get to the local stories and after I mentioned the Chimneycare fireplace and stuff, because if you got a wood burning fireplace or a free standing stoves, maybe one of those self feeding wood waste pellet stoves, it is critical that you make sure that it's been properly maintained and swept. And that's what it's all about. The Chimneycare Fireplaces stove locally owned and operated since nineteen eighty eight eight plus with a better Business Bureau offering a special the woodburning sweep and evaluation only one hundred and sixty nine dollars in ninety nine cents plus tax. Great deal knowing that you won't have a chimney fire because of the kreoso build up. Got a certified chimney sweep that'll sweep it all out after doing a video camera inspection. See if you had a prior chimney fire, for example, Those can crack the lining, but a chimney flu fire can burn your home down. That's why you have it checked out, so if you can't remember the last time it's been checked out. Preparing advance, you got plenty of time to make sure your safety is taken care for when you fire it up after the temperatures drop. To call for an appointment five one three two four eight ninety six hundred that's two four eight ninety six hundred, or book the appointment online and learn more about the showroom, what they sell and all the services. Go to Chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC got.
Speaker 1: With the Channe nine one of four casks. Got a nice stit well partly cloudy high of eighty five but isolated storms starts showing around noon, and they say to expect the downpours. Uh rain moves out of a nine A clear up. Got It's sixty seven to be muggy, a sticky tomorrow and partly cloudy, no rain. Eighty six for the high overnight one sixty seven with just a few clouds and a partly cloudy Friday dry, and eighty eight for a high right now sixty nine degree. It's time for traffic. Chuck. See empic center.
Speaker 10: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant from multicultural communities. Give the gift of vite, become an organ donor or explore living donation, and you see how dot com slaves transplant. Highway traffic starting to load up just a bit on southbound two seventy five, through the fog and through the construction on the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Elsewhere you're doing okay, chuck Ingram fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six point thirty for fifty five KRC the talk station leadam in Brewery the place to be for listener lunch today. Hope to see you there about eleven thirty. Can feel free to show up or fast forward an hour. Donald and Neil Americans for Prosperity about the Protect Prosperity campaign and right now, Joe, thanks for holding over the breake. Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 11: I was listening to the power plant story about the moon, and I could easily see that getting.
Speaker 1: Up around you know, a trillion dollars. Oh yeah, but I couldn't.
Speaker 11: I couldn't get this picture out of my head with the flag standing there and then a Tesla charging station next to it, no one using it.
Speaker 1: Remember the Joe, You remember the lunar rover that was like the original battery operated automobile, wasn't it. Yes, it was deluxe. Yeah, I bet they spent gazillions of dollars on that one too. We're gonna move. We're gonna take a golf cart to the moon because it's electric. Oh that's funny, Joe.
Speaker 11: Yes, Well, Sheila Jason Lee, she's got a suggestion that since the flag is blowing up there on the Moon, on when we go win power and then they'll they'll switch over and they'll just spend more money.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you the attribution to Sheila Jackson Lee on that until you cracker me up this morning. I appreciate that. Ah listeners, you can always feel free to call it interject levity into the fifty five Caresing Morning show. IMiD all the problems as we face in the world, comedy is certainly a welcome thing. All right. Over to local stories. Oh look another shooting here, man Dad. Last Tuesday night shooting over the rynecurded Sin Sint Police Departments Captain Stephen Bauer, I guess speaking with Molly Shram of WCPO, that's who I'm relying on anyway. Took place about eleven just before eleven PM near West Mcmackinonna Avenue and Mohawk Place. Officers found a man who had not been identified yet in a vehicle with multiple gunshot wounds, taken to UC Medical Center and pronounced dead. Captain Bauer said they do not currently have any suspects in custody. Three drivers sided in and three cars impounded after Since Saint Police conducted traffic stops on multiple vehicles believed to be connected as street takeovers this over the weekend. Since Saint Police said multiple street takeovers were reported throughout the city. Seventeen vehicles met that match descriptions from earlier runs. All converged at the dead end of Race Street near Andrew J. Brady Music Center on Sunday, Please said. Third shift officers SWAT and the Civil Disturbance Response Team attempted to stop the cars, three of which fled. During the stops, police sighted three drivers, one with a suspended license, expired plates, and two others who drove with no license plates displayed at all. All three impounded, Please said. The officers were able to get a license plate number for one of the cars that took off. During a follow up investigation at the registered owner's address, Please sighted the driver and impounded the vehicle. Court of the reporting. Street takeovers has been a concern in downtown since any for years. Last year, WCPO spoke with the two people living in the banks who said every night of the week, in quotes, they hear cars peeling out and making excessive noise. One of the residents interviewed, the sad part is though it's typically part of living down here anymore, where these noises have become almost the norm. It shouldn't be the norm, but it is. Since i Polase previously passed the resolution to support a house build that ups the penalties for people participating or spectating in street takeovers. Measure has since been signed into law by Governor Mike DeWine. So, hey, there's a law in the books. Huh. I'm surprised they still do it knowing that there's a law in the books. And we got the insrot of the stack of stupid this morning. Go to Shivy and women arrested after leading police on a chase and attempting to run over a guy after a dispute over a tattoo corner Shivy Police Department. Rebecca Hagger's twenty seven, now facing two assault charges, including one felony, and fleeing police after authority shut up at the three hundred block of North Bend just after eleven thirty pm Thursday last, where they believe Hagger was fleeing the scene. A pursuit ensued after police saw Hagger make a U turn before speeding off, leading the officer down several blocks before the vehicle hid an island, causing Hagger to lose control and slam into a telephone poll in magazine Dispenser. That time, police requested officers to the original scene. That's where they found a man in a vehicle they believe was involved in a crash with Haggard before she took off. A man in the car explained to police at Haggar had attempted to run him over after she followed him out of the tattoo shop. He had only previously known about her after a dispute with the tattoo shop owner after being unsatisfied with the tattoos she got from an apprentice. She's now in the Hamlin County Justice cent on one hundred and forty thousand dollars bond as she awaits trial. Surprised the bond was so high six point thirty five right now fifty five kre see the talk station. Feel free to call beyond that nothing number you should feel free to call and definitely do. For residential plumbing needs, repairs, problems, emergencies. Turn to the folks I rely on. They know you deserve better. That's plumb tight plumbing, outstanding plumbers, excellent customer service, never a service, fee, free estimates for the work, and they enjoy an a plus with a better business bureau. They really do great work. And I've had quite a few projects from Plumb type plumbing, quite a few over the years always a great price too. Plum Tight the trice these number one installed for tankless water heaters, so if you need a new water heater, strongly consider tankless. Not only do you get space savings, not only you save on energy. Not only do they have a longer lifespan, you get unlimited hot water. There is no tank, it doesn't run out. You just turn the hot water on. The thing fires up. It generates hot water until you shut the hot water off. Brilliant technology. They also do trenchless sewer line repair or replacement, so if you've got a sewer line problem, they can figure out what if there is a problem, doing an inspection, they can fix it without having to dig up your launch. Just a couple of the services offered by my friends at plumb type Plumbing Online, plumb Tight, t TE, plump tight dot com five one three seven two seven tight five one three seven, two seven, eighty four eighty three.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Here is your Channe nine first one one A forecasts talk about partly cloudy skies a day isolated storm showing up around non time they see you can expect some downpours eighty five for the high sixty seven overnight the rain moves out there. It'll be sticky, they say. Partly cloudy tomorrow, no rain, eighty sixth with the high overnightlow sixty seven with a few clouds, and up to eighty eight on Friday with partly cloudy skies and dry conditions right down sixty nine DEGREEASI or fifty five kr CD talk station, Chuck, what's going on out there?
Speaker 10: From the use of Traffic Center, nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant are.
Speaker 1: From multicultural communities.
Speaker 10: Give the gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore living donation, and you see how dot COM's flames transplant. Highway traffic continues to look pretty good this morning. Some dense fog and spots to deal with. Sathbound two seventy five beginning to slow just a bit approaching the Lawrence Burg ramp and on to the bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR Seed the talk station.
Speaker 1: SAIX forty fifty five kr CD talk station, Very happy Wednesday to you five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred EAT three talk I fect if you have AT and T phones, Let's turn to the phones. Stue and Will's got this morning?
Speaker 8: Will.
Speaker 1: How the hell are you welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you, Brian. How you doing today? I hope you and your family doing fine?
Speaker 1: Hey? Thanks real quick? Well, I want to start. I know, I know we're going to be positive today. We always are. We disagree sometimes, we always have a nice conversation. I want to know how's the fishing been lately before we dive into something political.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm about to start back up probably this week. Take a little bit of July off because of I try to spend that with my family when they're here for.
Speaker 1: The concerts and good for you.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that. And it was really hot in July too. Yes, couldn't be out on the boat, so.
Speaker 7: Really doing it.
Speaker 2: But I'm I'm gonna be starting back up actually this weekend. I'm trying to get out of here, go back up north.
Speaker 1: Catch some big ones far as Will cat.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, yes, sir, I just I just I just wanted to tell that guy after I got out the phone last week, which you explaining, uh the thing about you know, running to a crowd of young young and I could fight with him. Somebody said that he's seen a guy with a red shirt walk up and hit the man from the back. The man needs to look at the whole video. They need to get the uncut video which I see, and believe me, they tried to avoid that. Now, I'm not gonna make excuses for when the man was on the ground getting beat down and his wallet taking and the woman taking a.
Speaker 8: Right to the face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people need to be punished for that, But I feel they'd being a little hard on these people, seeing as how you kept re engaging and got what you wanted and these children. I hear about this curfew when I first wake up. I'm I'm from Avondale, and I know there was ten or fifteen places that I could go play basketball, and I rode around my neighborhood and looked at the basketball hoops, asked them questions about the YMCA and stuff like that, you know, with your your big beautiful bill cuts that cut out, you know, things like job corps for the young young brothers and sisters and people in rural areas. You know, that's a big part of it, y'all. I didn't think about these children at all. I see y'all constantly building ball stadiums and all this other crap. Yeah, I don't see a basketball court. I don't see a rec center for these children. I just got a basketball Tuesdays and Thursdays every day of the week when I was a kid, and go back to school. I don't know, you know, everybody, Oh, it's so bad what they've done to these children, and now they just want to take them to jail.
Speaker 1: Well they're they're not taking them to jail. Matter of fact, this new curfew law has nothing criminal associated with it. The only thing they do is try to call the parents or put them in actually a rec center. And that's what I want to ask you about. Are the council people when they actually come out and talk about things, always talk about rec centers and they talk about, you know, where they are. I thought there were rec centers out there for the youth to hang out. And I just kind of get the impression. Will and I remember when I was a teenager, you know, with my crew in my neighborhood, we wouldn't be going to a rec center, I don't think, and we we would find something other to do, you know, maybe getting into trouble. I'll acknowledge that, but uh, you know, I it is a nice thing to have. But is it really a solution that these children would gravitate toward.
Speaker 2: I think they would if they're introduced to introduced to it, right, because we did. I mean it was it was a program. You went, you played, They had tournaments and things of that nature that you entered. You actually you actually wanted to be there for the tournaments and things of that nature.
Speaker 1: Organized sports. Yeah right, I remember that, right right.
Speaker 2: They don't do any of that anymore. Don't tell about building, No, I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 2: You know, I've got I've talked to the children. I asked them, you know what, you know what's going with the rec centers. You know, I still get out there and they got a whole thing going. This weekend. I might try to get in go down there and play some basketball. So you know, when I talk to you young people, they don't have anything to do.
Speaker 8: They've tore everything.
Speaker 2: Down and build parking lots and and and and hotels and every place I used to go. But like even burning wool's over there, they're messing with that. That's what I'm trying to make that into a doll park or something out here. I mean, it's it's ridiculous. So just tear everything down. Leave the key has nothing to do, and this is what you get.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Well, I know they built a skateboard park. I just suggested the roller skating in downtown. Maybe that'll be to solve the problem, because they now have roller skating. I don't know. I think they try to put things out there for folks will but I'm a little more practical, and I just spring for the mindset that most teenagers probably wouldn't want to roller skate at midnight. If they're out, they probably would be more interested in, you know, hanging out with their crew and maybe getting into trouble. I don't know. That's what teenagers quite often do. Will you remember?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You remember?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But but you know we we we used to like playing basketball late at night and like that. It was it was, you know, I don't know, you know, I just field are not giving the kids enough options fair enough. They don't have some enough summer jobs and stuff like that. Testify.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. We'll add that into the possible solutions. Like the curfew isn't the curfew isn't gonna stop adults from beating people up. It's gonna deal with the juvenile problem potentially. But in terms of the juvenile problem, okay, we have curfew, but let's engage Will's ideas and provide them with some opportunities to engage in non criminal activity. Fair enough, add that to the list of possible solution. Will. Good to hear from me. Man, Good luck with the fishing. If you get out this week, let me let me know how you do.
Speaker 2: All right, Yes, sir, I sure will take.
Speaker 1: Care, take care of my friend of a great week. Seven forty six fifty five kr CD talk station five point three seven four nine fifty eight two three talk em your Federal Credit Union intoing the golf out and the annual Golf ound even doing this. This is the nineteenth or eighteenth, no rather nineteenth annual charity a golf out of it or a tournament. It's on the eighteenth at four Bridges Country Club. And the nice thing about this it's a charitable event that it benefits to go to the since Saint Children's Hospital Charitable Care Fund. So you get to enjoy a great day of golf with your buds or your well gal palace as the case may be, and you're supporting a worthy cause at the same time, is it Emory FCU dot org. I always call it a better way to bank. I love banking with Emory. You'll enjoy the benefits of that. So learn about banking with Emory while you're there. Checking out the information about how to register for the nineteenth Annual Charity Golf Tournament thanks to Emory Federal Credit Union Again Emery FCU dot org.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Mulleger for over, Hey six fifty I fifty five krc DE Talk station, Happy Wednesday to you five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk. Get aheader of the phones right now. Steve's been kind of at the call of the morning show this morning. Steve, Welcome, good to hear from you.
Speaker 8: Good morning. I'd agree with the last caller about activities for the youth. One thing I've always been trying to do or been banging around in my head. I agree with the city council and everybody, uh f're more worried about seeing I mean the city councils well five five of them on their indictment at one time for the two for they're not getting any better, But so for the youth. I'm a you know, lecturism by trade, but also have other hobbies like weight, leftings, this and that. If the city council would designate, you know, throughout the city for different departments because the kids can't get across town. You know, Mount Healthy has a summer program, if they had boxing, they had survival skills, they had uh you know, to help get up on. You had to do your school credits to be able to graduate first. But they had these other programs that would draw kids in and keep them off the street, you know, teach them how to invest. I mean, I'm a dummy and I figured out following politicians how to you know, how to know? This is no lot. I've made over one hundred and ten thousand dollars in a year following the politicians without putting money in. I'm at almost a sixty percent return.
Speaker 1: You talk about your investment portfolio of the market.
Speaker 8: Yes, I can prove it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's hilarious.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: It reminds me. I used to have Nathan Backrack and Ed Fink on the Money Monday guys. Are you know I have Brian Tanks, but they created their own index because they were financial planners. They created what they called the Greased Palm Index. And what they did was they tracked lobbying dollars flowing into Washington, d C. And whoever you know lobby the most, spent the most money on any given sort of you know, field of industry or whatever they were lobbying for. That's where they would park the money. And from my understanding is it was actually a pretty good investment strategy.
Speaker 8: Well, this is the thing. I don't want politicians and not be able to vote for my stock. I want them to have to report it instead of forty five days or later with no penalties within two days or to ten thousand dollars fine every day after two days, after thirty days, they get picked up and put in jail.
Speaker 1: You've obviously given this some thoughts, Steve, and I think it's a good idea. And modern technology with computers and AI and everything, that would be an easy thing for them.
Speaker 8: To do, correct, And that way it gives everybody else a chance to cheat. Two right, I mean like, well, I mean I'm getting off the kid topic. But Rokahanna, if you notice when the tariffs were coming, he sold all his stock. I forget how many one hundred million dollars in stock put forth a deal saying politicians shouldn't be able to trade, and then when the tariff thing was over, he took all that money that he didn't lose on the tariff drop and then reinvested it. So Rokahanna is it's not Nancy close. You need to watch this, Rokahanna. But anyway for the youth, get them into classes, I mean weightlifting, Just say, teach them how to do basic electric This will get them ahead in the years. Teach them how to do accounting, control their own bank accounts, you know, how to save the parents aren't the parents aren't doing what the schools ain't doing it. They want to not let people think. So teach these kids. It doesn't matter what color or race or anything sets or anything. Teach them to life skills they need because nobody's teaching them that. By the time to get out of college, they mess around for two three years thinking they got freedom, and then all of a sudden they're behind the eight ball on catching up and feel about life.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Steve, I'm all about encouraging children to pursue the trades. There are so many available job at career opportunities. You can make good money. As you know, Steve, you're in the trade business. You can make good money doing it.
Speaker 8: So this is the other thing. I mean, all these sports, you know, sports players took a knee that they didn't help the community. What if all the football, basketball, baseball players of Cincinnati, if e's one, donated one thousand dollars to the community for their own people and helps get behind Cincinnati and make Instead of making national needs for being a crap town, how about we just go ahead and make it a town where we try to enrich our use. Okay, everybody either putting.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that idea prominent figures doing that. But you know, how about this. If you're interested in getting children engaged in activities that are good for them, like weightlifting or sports or you know, competitive or otherwise, how about rather than those famous sports legends or you know, professional athletes, other than give money, why don't you have them show up and be one of the coaches or the leaders of that activity. They'll be a gage draw.
Speaker 8: Hamilton, some baseball team, twelve year olds. I'm going the guy for twenty years, the coach. He's a great guy. He sacrifices his time to do that. And that's the thing that the sports athlete would draw the kids in. But you know their athletes are not skilled trades. That's the redraw man, and have them pay attention and encourage the kid to learn life skills.
Speaker 1: Use this and use the sports draw as an opportunity to encourage them to other pursuits like the drawn. Right, here's where you sign up. Here where the classes are. It's an opportunity to spread information that's beneficial to that.
Speaker 8: Yes, I get the kids, but you know I can't do it. It's going to take people with connections, the lenders and the football players, all the TV personalities and everybody in Cincinnati. If you want to make a chance, don't bitch about it, get involved in our program.
Speaker 1: There you go, well, stated Steve. We'll put an explanation point on your concluding comment there, Randy, out of time, I can't get your call, but if you don't mind holding I'll take you right out of the gate. After we get back from the top of the our news stick around.
Speaker 3: A full rundown and the biggest headlines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 4: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs. The talk station this report is SPUNT. It's seven oh six fifty five air see talk station by Thomas right here. We're seeing everyone a very happy Wednesday and inviting everyone to listener lunch ken Weedham and Brewery today about eleven thirty if you can show up, looking forward to seeing you and enjoying the fellowship. Without further ado, Randy was kind of enough to hold online over the break there. Welcome Randy and thanks for holding. Good to hear from you, Brian.
Speaker 12: Brian, I'd like to chime in on your prior caller, Steve.
Speaker 2: Steve spot On.
Speaker 12: I've done this through to Boy Scouts of America and an event they called Peter Loon. I put on a trades booth over eight years ago. I did it for three consecutive two year events teach to youth life skills, welding, soldering, refrigeration.
Speaker 7: Sports skills are great, but.
Speaker 12: Not everyone's going to go on to.
Speaker 6: Be a professional sport sports athlete.
Speaker 12: So the more oftens more LSA have, the more occupied they'll be, the better off. They could learn a skill, take it home and work at mom or dance place they could go on and furger their education in the trades. It's a great outlet I'd love to teach. I did it for seven years, and you just need some funding for somebody to build a facility that can have electrical refrigeration, welding, boost those type of things. I am in Local three ninety two and they do a great job of educating their people, but I think we could do a better job of educating our youth, giving them life skills which they can carry on through the rest of their life.
Speaker 6: Now, will you get.
Speaker 1: Every youth, absolutely no, no, no no.
Speaker 12: But it's give them some of them who want that opportunity, any the opportunity to see they've got a better life out there.
Speaker 1: They just apply their selves right, or let them know what programs are out there that already exists. I mean, I've had the association builders and contractors on they've got vehicles to get to earn why you learn type of programs. I think there's a lot of young people that have no idea that that's a possibility and opportunity for a career, you know, and maybe if more schools presented this information. I don't know what they do in regular high schools, but to let them know there are opportunities out there that don't involve college degrees. You know, they had Scarlet Oaks when I was going to Oak Hill's High School, or Diamond Oaks rather dimond Oaks, Scarlet Oaks the trade schools. I had a graduating class of like seven hundred and fifty people. I didn't know half of them because half of them were over at Diamond Oaks, but there they were. They pursued the trades, and I'm sure they probably had you know, careers the rest of their lives as well, and no college debt. But yeah, I mean, anything we can do to give them an opportunity and make them aware, maybe draw their interest towards something productive we should embrace. I agree with you. And as so far as sports are concerned, it is a great draw, and of course very few are ever going to be using you know, playing sports as a as a career. But in terms of the curfew and how it applies to this, I think, going back to I think Will was sort of concerned that, you know, children, if they're out, they need a place to go, like a rec center or something. According to the revisions to the curfew that they talked about yesterday, at least as reported by Fox nineteenth Mary of the Bus, there are exceptions for youth that are found not at home without an adult after curfew, for example, school religious city sponsored events running an errand for a parent of garden an emergency. So that city sponsored component right there, seems to have a carve out for the bas midnight basketball or whatever organized the activities the city puts on for young people to give him something better to do than hang out at Government Square in the middle of the night. So yeah, anything where young people are, if we have some connection with them, give them the information, give them the encouragement, talk about the opportunities that exist for them. You know, it's not all gloom and doom out there in the world, as long as they know that's not the case. Appreciate Randy, excellent idea. What can I say five one three, seven, eight hundred eight to two three talk pound five fifty on at and T phones. Let us move. Oh yeah, I just want to there's a little parallel to be drawn here because Donald Trump made the news again as he does every single day, kind of a parallel that could be drawn, and we're not the only city struggling with problems with teenagers. You've heard about the in the news with the you know, the streak meetups with all the cars showing up. But if you're talking about teenagers rowing and packs, we've had that problem now for a while. And again that's why the curfew is being taken a look at. That does not solve or address the issue of adults beating the crap out of people. Now. I understand that, but as we talked about earlier in the program, I don't have a problem with the adjustment to the curfew because it's a step that may keep these gangs of roving youths off the street. They're not up to any good if they're outside of some sort of organized event that we talked about obviously well. District of Columbia. Trump yesterday clung for laws to change the DC so the teenagers fourteen and older who commit crimes can be charged as adults. He also threatened the federal takeover of DC if they don't improve the safety conditions there. He said social media, local youths and gang members some are only fourteen, fifteen, and sixteen years old, are randomly attacking, mugging, maiming and shooting innocent citizens at the same time that they will well at the same time that they will almost immediately be released. His point is they know they're not going to be subjected to any penalties. Sound like a familiar problem, He said. They are not afraid of law enforcement because they know nothing ever happens to them now. He insisted that it's going to happen now exclamation point. He said, the law on DC must be changed to prosecute these quote miners, close quote as adults, and lock them up for a long time, starting at age fourteen. Most recent victim beaten mercilessly by local thugs, and that, of course victim was a former Doge employee. The guy name is known as Big Balls. He was his online moniker. He was one of the folks doing the numbers crunching, and he was apparently rendering assistants in DC and got the living hell beat out of him. I saw a photograph of it. It's really awful to behold. Sound familiar claim. The district must be saved, clean and beautiful for all Americans and importantly for the world to see. If DC doesn't get its act together, he said, and quickly we will have no choice but to take federal control the city and run this city how it should be run, and put criminals on notice that they're going not going to get away with it anymore. Well, I kind of have to laugh at the suggestion, and I do not deny that there's a problem in DC and the elected officials. Of course, since it's ninety nine point nine percent Democrats, they always elect Democrats and poorly run it has been for a long time. But despite about poorly run d C has been for a long time. Do you think the federal government would do a better job running it? Considering how much they fail at pretty much anything they endeavor to do. He had talked about this last month, the idea of taking a federal takeover at d C. Said, his administration has been testing the idea we could run d C, said, we're looking at DC. We don't want crime in d C. We want to run the city. Well, we would run it so good, it would be run so proper, We get the best person to run it, and you know how you know, the crime would be in a minimum would be much less. You know, we're thinking about doing it, to be honest with you. In typical Trump form. If I take over and lay my hands on it, it's going to work, period, end of story. Appreciate his optimism and his confidence. I'm a little bit skeptical, call me jaded, call me cynical. Federal government operating anything is usually a recipe for disaster. So anyhow, five on three seven eight hundred eight two three talk time five fifty on AT and T Funds in the absence of callers. Good guys with guns, Good guys with guns. John Lott, author of More Guns, Less Crime, and a couple of observations following the good guys with guns saving people from death Some really stude observations on that. I dive out into that coming up next. But first, Simmer Heating and air Conditioning. Outstanding folks they are. They've been locally, our family run and operated, the Zimmer family there Chris Simmer at the helm now third generation, coming up on eighty years. Keeping area comes safe, efficient and comfortable. They're all you need when it comes to HVAC repairs, maintenance. They got maintenance programs, they do the space pack carrier units. They do everything I mean across the board, including some commercial work as well. So for all your HVAC need just turned to Zimmer heating and air conditioning, and especially if your HVA system has gone belly up beyond repair, it's time to get a new one. Call Zimmer where you'll save fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on a new carrier comfort system from the experts at Zimmer. They'll do a great job for you. That's significant saving, so take advantage of it while it lasts to reach Chris Simmer and the team five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three online. You find them at go Zimmer dot com. Fifty five car the talk station, Chen and I went to the podcast today. We're gonna have part like s guys, storms showing up isolated that maybe about noontime expect down course. Shanna nine says eighty five will be our high today with a sixty seven low overnight, kind of muggy, no more rain, bill rain tomorrow either high of eighty six sixty seven overnight which is a few clowns and a partly flotty Friday, but dry eighty eighth for the high seventy degrees Right now, it's time for a traffic update from the UCL Tramping Center.
Speaker 10: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanter from multicultural communities get the Gift of Life, become an organ donor, or explore living donation at UC health dot com. Sivee's transplant in Bend seventy four now slows a bit between cold rain and seventy five northbound four seventy one heavy right side of the bridge stopbound seventy five beginning to build past the Regan Highway. Chuck ingram On fifty five per se the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven nineteen ifty about Kercity talk Station Americans for Prosperity, Donald and Neil up next protect Prosperity campaign. You and I will get to learn about that together with Donovan in the next segment. In the meantime, I wanted to pivot over because the issue of using deadly force course came up after that crazy June twenty six melee in downtown Cincinnati. Eminent APPREHENDI reasonable reasonable, eminent apprehension of bodily harm, grievous bodily injury or death. You're experiencing the perception reasonably that you are going to die. You can use deadly force to protect your life and also the life of other people if you're under that circumstance. And John Lott wrote about this the other day, author of More Guns, Less Crime, and he was turning to the Michigan Walmart stabbing if you were called back on the twenty six same day, at Michigan Walmart, some guy got all stabbed and eleven people got stabbed. He was stopped by an armed man, a Marine veteran who went to the shooting range but apparently for just forgot to take the pistol off of his hip. A bit fortuitous that he had it with him, but there it was. New York Times, AP, Washington Post, NPR, NBC News, BBC and many others completely ignored the gun used to stop the attack, though an ey wouldness describe how others who had tried to stop the attacker were stabbed, but it took the marine with a gun to stop the attack. The attack was stopped several minutes before the first responders were able to arrive. Mister Lott observes one thought is that this hero might get some coverage in the legacy media simply because he's black and the attacker was White case was far from unusual. Between January twenty one and December twenty twenty four, concealed handgun permit holders stopped thirty seven attacks, and John Lott, of course has a link to all the articles which document the attacks that he summarized there the police that police said would have turned into mass public shootings if not for the concealed handgun permit holder's intervention, but they rarely get any national news attention. Unfortunately, the seven to twenty eight attack in New York City that was the assault weapon attack, four people died in that one. Democrats drew the wrong conclusion, he writes to New York Governor Kathy hulk Or responded by calling for a federal assault weapon ban and blaming the tragedy on the absence of such a law. Their gun controls laws ensure that there won't be any armed civilians there to save to day. The murderer who killed four people broke numerous gun control laws. He openly carried a rifle that was already illegal to possess it or carry in the state. New York State and New York City prohibit open carry of loaded guns in public and bans so called assault weapons like AR fifteen style rifles. Even concealed Carrie permits do not authorize openly carrying a rifle in public. Meanwhile, the law abiding victims were defenseless disarmed by the city strict regulations. There are currently only about six thousand active concealed carry permits in a city with almost seven million adults, less than one percent, and carrying a permitted concealed carry handgun is extremely difficult. This is a very long list of places where you're banned from carrying it. For example, public transportation like subways, which are really dangerous in New York, any places that serve alcohol times square, government buildings, educational facilities, and all public gatherings. Total costs to get a permit run about seven hundred and seventy dollars for fees to the New York Police Department and the required course. Problem simple. Someone intent on murdering four people won't be deterred by extra gun control penalties. Even if the killer had survived, you would have already been facing four life sentences, which makes adding a few more years meaningless for attackers who expect to die during the assault, as most mass public shooters do. Those laws carry no weight at all, but for law abiding citizens, and consequences are severe. Violating these laws could turn them into felons and up then their entire lives. The laws meant to stop criminals end up disarming the innocent. Instead, these murders take advantage of the laws that ensure they will be the only ones with weapons, and again and again, diaries and manifest those of public shooters show a disturbing pattern. They deliberately choose locations where they know the victims can't fight back due to restrictive gun laws. Well, it remains unknown whether this particular killer made such a calculation to one in New York. Anyway, his actions aligned with patterns we've seen repeatedly in other cases. It isn't too surprising that ninety two percent of mass public shootings or current places where guns are banned. Two of the four people murdered in New York City attack were security guards. But people don't appreciate what an extremely difficult job uniform police have in stopping these active shooting attacks. According to Sheriff Kurt Hoffman and Sarasota County, Florida, a deputy in uniform has a difficult job in stopping these attacks. These terrorists have strategic advantages in determining the time and the place of attacks. They can wait for a deputy to leave the area or pick an undefended location. Even when police and deputies are in the right place at the right time, those in uniforms who can be readily identified as guards may as well be holding up neon signs saying shoot me first. My deputies know that we cannot be everywhere interesting food for thought. In fact, even though civilians stop more of these active shooting attacks, nineteen police officers were killed in the attacks versus two civilians with permitted concealed handguns, and surveys of academics who published peer reviewed empirical research on firearms show that criminologists and economists strongly support letting people carry concealed handguns in order to stop mass public shootings. While politicians rush to call for new laws after each tragedy, they often ignore the basic reality that killers intent on murder are attracted to attack in places with strict gun control. Instead, those laws disarm only the only potential victims, leaving them vulnerable and defenseless. John R. Lott, Junior, Astute observations Good guys with guns are a good thing to have. Seven twenty five. If you've have cacytalxtation. What is Protect Prosperity campaign or the Protect Prosperity campaign. We'll find out next with Donald O'Neill from Americans for Prosperity. After I mentioned the folks at QC Kinetics, You're dealing with the pain quite often from the morning you get up and put your feet on the ground. It begins. Get the hip pain. Boom, there it is right there, walking up and down the steps. Right there, knee pain. Perhaps you'd also have shoulder pain or elbow pain, that kind of thing, arthritis pain, gotten steroid injections, and you know those don't last. Your doctor maybe has already talked to you about surgery. Well, how about scheduling a free consultation with the medical professionals at QC Kinetics right here in Cincinnati, where they have helped thousands of patients well get rid of the pain. They turned their lives around with QC Kinetics. Regenitive treatments that work with your body to help restore and repair the damage joint tissues, natural cellular therapies with no scalpels or pills, providing long term relief with no dreaded recovery time. So schedule the free consultation. Is it right for you? I have no idea. It may very well be, So why not give them a call and enjoy the free consultation to do that? Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC dot com the free iHeartRadio apps of Praise your Channel nine Weather four casking your partly thirty day to day around noontime, we have the opportunity for some isolated storms. They say to expect downpours. Today's high eighty five down to sixty seven overnight, the ran will move out, and they say it'll be a bit sticky overnight eighty six to high tomorrow with partly thirty skies and no rain predicted, a few clouds over night sixty seven and an eighty eight high on Friday with partly thotty skies and dry conditions sixty nine degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic from the U see up tramp Thing Center.
Speaker 10: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant are from multicultural communities, get the gift of life, become an Oregon donor, or its well we're living donation and you see health dot com slash transplant Highway traffic from not all that bad at the moment. I was seeing things start to build a bit southbound seventy five through Blackland, but still not a whole lot of extra time needed. Same for northbound Forest seventy one across the bridge. Chuck Ing Bramont fifty five KRC Deep Talk Station seven point thirty on a Wednesday with Sir Lunch Wednesday. Everybody's invited Weedham and Brewery Loop to see you there, Saint Bernard for that one. Hey, without further ado, it is this time a week we get to talk with Americans for prosperities. Donovan and Neil Donovan, welcome back to the Morning show. Always good talking with you, Brian, Always great to be with you.
Speaker 1: So usually you're talking about what we need to do and get in touch with our elected officials to tell them to do something like you know, some program you're working on in the state of Ohio, something to deal with property taxes, whatever case may be. You're always got some project in Americans for a prosperity that you are always encouraging folks to get engage, you know, the one step at a time program. We can all get involved in do something. But I guess when they do the right thing, we need to let them know that we're thankful for it.
Speaker 4: Well, that's right.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a mixture of caroten and a stick, if you will, Right, Brian, we've got to Well, so we're kicking off this summer here in August. Right, they've got what they call August district work periods, So all the folks in Washington leave the.
Speaker 1: Swamp, come back, tour, do town halls.
Speaker 3: Various events to connect with their constituents, talk about the things we've done and we're going to we're capitalizing on that right now by talking about the passage of the Trump middle class tax cuts, the one big beautiful bill, and engaging folks crossroets, activists to thank the members like Warren Davidson or David Taylor down in southwest Ohio who voted yes to make these Trump tax cuts permanent. But also, Brian, we're gonna be out there reminding folks who wasn't who weren't, who wasn't standing with them. Folks like great Landsman Marcy Captor in Northwest Ohio who consistently vote no on these pro growth policies, Well.
Speaker 1: We got to keep Congressman Thomas Massey in there. My listening audience loves Congressman Massy. He's a principled man. Donovan.
Speaker 3: Well, absolutely, I totally understand where other Masthew's coming from in his no vote.
Speaker 1: That's our friends in Kentucky. You're in Ohio. I know, I know you got a state line to keep you out of trouble there, Donovan. I'm just pulling your chain a little bit because I'm a huge fan. I get why Massey voted no, but I do admit I think that, inspite of the fact that I hate the name of it, the One Big Beautiful Bill does lock in the twenty seventeen tax cuts. And what a great thing. Loveby listening audience, know how much money those who voted in favor of the One Big Beautiful Bill saved ohioans on an annual basis, Well, it's.
Speaker 3: On average about fifteen hundred dollars for a family of four making seventy five thousand dollars. Right, seventy five thousand dollars family family for fifty teen hundred dollars off your federal tax bill.
Speaker 1: Just by locking those rates in. That's meaningful, Monchy. It is it covers the increase, It covers the increase to the property tax bill here at Ohio.
Speaker 3: Donovan, Now you sound like somebody in Columbus just shifting the burden around. You're chaining a little bit there, Brian.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: I mean, all I hear they're running to try to run on the left is a well organized campaign to criticize the one big beautiful bill because people are going to die in the streets or something like that. But they do overlook the benefit to the middle class, which you just illustrated right there. I mean, you know, fifteen hundred dollars means a lot when it comes to somebody's making a family afford it's seventy five thousand dollars. I mean it's a month worth of groceries. So I mean that's something we all can enjoy. But the criticism seems to be levy at the corporate tax rate, which is lower. But I keep defaulting back to the idea, well you don't, I mean, corporations really ultimately don't pay taxes. They pass them along with increases or decreases to the goods and services that they sell to us.
Speaker 3: Totally, we've got we've got a lot of challenges in this country. But when it comes to our fiscal house in Washington, in our country two, there's there's two sides of the same coin. On one side, we need to lock in pro growth economic policies. Right, We're not going to tax our way out of the problems we find ourselves in as a nation. Right, we need to make sure that we've got pro growth policies that keep taxes low for individuals and families, but also help stimulate economic growth, not by printing new money and handing it out to special interests like the green energy New Deals, but by ensuring that folks can businesses can keep their money and use it to reinvest in a business. The other thing we got to do is that start to rein in the spending. We've grown our national debts. Since two thousand and one, our spending has merely tripled, yeah about one point eight TRUI dollars to over six point seven five trillion in federal spending in twenty twenty four and so we've got But you know what they've done on this piece, right is they've locked in the pro growth policies. We made these Trump tax cuts permanent, something just eight months ago, Brian folks, that might not even be possible. We may have to let a few folks pay more taxes, or we may we may only be able to kick the can down the road a few more years to make this work.
Speaker 4: They locked this stuff in.
Speaker 3: It's transformational, it's monumental, and we're going to let folks know why it matters for them in their pocketbook.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know what else is going to really matter, and it's it's unrelated to the one big beautiful bill are tangentially unrelated. This removal of declaration as carbon dioxide as a pollutant, All the trillions of dollars that we have to ultimately pay to capture carbon or to create products that don't produce as much carbon dioxide that ends up costing us a lot more in the form of more expensive appliances, more expensive electricity. I mean, the list is just endless. It's a needless, inc sort of a nefarious removal of money from our pocketbooks to pay for these projects is again they pass along these costs to us, either because we're paying federal tax dollars and they have to give incentives, or because the projects are expensive, and you know, creating electricity with windmills and solar panels costs a lot more, gives us less product, and we end up getting the cost pass along to us. So I think that's going to assuming that is removed and it's no longer the focus of so much effort, that that's going to give us more flexibility in terms of what we buy. It's going to lower the prices of a lot of things we buy, including electricity. So there's going to be a benefit with in that area of the Trump miministration as well. Oh absolutely.
Speaker 3: It's a demonstration right that the executive branch, while it holds it holds a lot of power and probably in many cases thinks that has more power than it has, right AKA RAINSAC come back and talk about that another day. But you know, the executive sets the agena and the vision for the country, right, and so when you have a president who is looking at this stuff from more of a pro prosperity, pro growth, pro opportunity, you know, we end a war on coal we start directing the regulators and the energy sector to embrace uh, small, modular nuclear right, and we also hesitant for god knows what reason to do.
Speaker 1: Oh, Donovan, I read an article this morning. NASA is going to be trying to build a nuclear reactor on the Moon. On the Moon. Awesome, I know, Wait a minute, we can't get one here in Ohio. But uh, but but a Duffy Sean Duffy, the acting administrator from NASA. So they've been spending they spent literally hunt, he said, hundreds of millions of dollars has been spent spent studying the idea of how to accomplish building a nuclear base on the Moon. Now they're moving forward with actually doing it, he said, Right, but we can't have a line too.
Speaker 3: But we can't get one here in Ohio to power tens of thousands of homes. Yeah, now, but I think that's changing, Right, That's part of what's changing, whether it's the laws and cologe like House Bull fifteen that streamlined our permitting process here in the state, and to the work that the Trump administration is doing on a federal level to begin to get this going in the right direction. To what you're talking about there right with the various regulatory EPA or other you know, handcuffs we put on ourselves as a nation that others aren't you know, beholden to, like China. This is the kind of stuff the Trump administration has been doing. Congress is doing right now with the new Republican majority, to unleash prosperity, onleash opportunity. And I think it's why we find so many Americans are finding that the stresses and burdens of the last couple of years of Bidenomics going away because there's confidence in the market, there's opportunity in the economy.
Speaker 1: Amen, brother AF Americans for Prosperities done on any where do we go to send a thank you letter to our elected officials. Protect Prosperity dot com. Protect Prosperity dot Com. Click the link, send a letter to your member of Congress. They make it very very easy to do just that, as well as it really easy and probably providing thoughts and ideas about you and what you and I can do, like the one step program to better the situation we have here in Ohio. Americans for Prosperity Donovan, and they'll appreciate all that you do and your willingness to come on the program every week and spread the word.
Speaker 3: Always appreciate sharing the megaphone with you, Brian, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother, we'll talk next week. It's seven thirty nine right now. If if do you have k CD talk station, let me mention my dentist, Doctor Fred Pack's great. I've been going to doctor Fred Pack for well over ten years and outstanding clinic. He is always on the leading edge of things dentistry, all for the benefit of his patient. And he's teamed up with doctor Meghan Frew. She's been there with him now I think a couple of years. The listeners who've got and got and seeing doctor Meghan Frew absolutely love her. She's got If you don't like the dentist's very comforting experience with doctor Frue, she's outstanding. She's working on her accreditation with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Doctor Pack is a Distinguished Fellow, one of only three with that organization that has reached that lofty step. It's because he's a genius when it comes to life changing smile makeovers. If you're in need of cosmetic dentistry, you don't like your smile, you're embarrassed by it. Peck and Freu the dynamic duo of cosmetic dentistry, so experience outstanding general dentistry as well as cosmetic dentistry. Visit them online. It's Peck pec k smiles dot com, peck smiles dot com, and please tell them. Brian said, Hi, when you go, when you give them a call, they're wonderful, wonderful, wonderful of customer service. Five to one three sixty one, seventy six sixty six five one three sixty two one seventy six sixty six fifty five KRC the talk station Real there's a quick Gennle night run a bull cass. Partly cloudy day to day around noontime, we've got a chance of storms. Expect down pours. They predict eighty five for the high overnight low sixty seven. Brain it'll move out. It'll be a bit muggy, eighty six to high them all with partly cloudy sky's dry, few clouds over nine sixty seven and a dry Friday as well, with the high of eighty eight sixty nine.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: Traffic time from.
Speaker 10: The UCE Help Triumphing Center nearly sixty percent of a Marria consuading on an organ transplanterer from multicultural communities, give the gift of life, become an organ donor or explore living donation.
Speaker 1: And you see how dot com slaves Transplant.
Speaker 10: Stop found seventy five loading up quickly through Wakland. Add three to four minutes there northbound seventy five. An extra five between Donaldson and Downtown North Found four to seventy one filling in on the bridge. Chuck kingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty six fifty five KRCD Talk Station foot Karasee Morning Show is all about supporting the American veterans. At least that's my pet cause and I'll do anything I can do to do that and folks that are doing it every single day, supporting the American veterans. Clairemont County Veteran Services Welcome back into the fifty five carssee morning Show. It's always a pleasure to have Steve belzow In, the executive director of the Claremont County Veteran Service Commission. Good to see you, Steve Ryan. Always a pleasure to see you in the morning and always thank you for what you're doing. You're one of the more well oiled Veteran Services offices out there. Your services are outstanding. I've never heard anybody come plain about it. You facilitate the veterans getting their VA benefits. You help and today we're talking about financial assistance. You have a financial assistance program. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 13: And what's unique about that, Brian, is every county in Ohio has this program. The Ohio Advised Code is what sets us into motion for every Veterans Service office in every county in Ohio. As Ohioans, we are blessed by what our government has put in place for us to sustain our veterans of our country.
Speaker 1: It's really a great program.
Speaker 13: The Emergency Financial Assistance is just that, it's emergency situations arise, right, yeah, and it's just just weekly there are veterans coming in with You got to be kidding me, right, Life happens. We don't have a perfect life, right. There's thorns out there. There's situations that happen.
Speaker 1: You like when you get your property tax increase of thirty percent. Sorry, I had to go there. Couldn't let it go. Okay, I'll let that one go. I couldn't. I couldn't don't take de bait, you know. But but I guess the broader point is, you know, it happens from time to time, you know, unanticipated expenses, Lightning strikes your house, you don't have the money, whatever, Right.
Speaker 13: Tree came down in the house of the hurricane insurance Yeah, absolutely, yeah, So the Emergency financial program is really unique in our ability to help veterans in their their current situation. But it's not one we have to define veterans, right, So the VA sees veteran different than the American public sees veteran, and this program is supported the same way by the State of Ohio. So if I wore the sacred cloth of our country, as we often refer to our military uniforms, as a reservist or a guardsman and never activated under Title ten by the United States Code by the President to support, you're not seen by the VA or the Ohio Revice Code as a veteran for support.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 13: So every other military member, it's either active duty or former active duty, or as a reservist or guardsman, you're activated under Title ten to support something on behalf of this country, Okay, Okay, So that that in a sense kind of confines what is a veteran. So you're gonna support your veteran by your DD two fourteen, which is an active duty release of service or an active duty military ID card. Okay, and most active duty coming back. We have what one base here in Ohio maybe two, so there's not a lot of active duty around us. But what there are is active duty members home on leave. And what if that active duty member was in a horrible accident right right, stuck in the hospital. Yeah they have healthcare, yes they have this, but then there's needs that come in beyond that. How do I help take care of the children. I'm a dad, whatever's going on?
Speaker 1: Right, You're the sole breadwinner in the family. You're laid up in the hospital. DA maybe covering that component, but nobody's replaced the salary.
Speaker 13: Right right, Well, if they're actiduty, they're going to get their salary regardless, and they're going to be on some emergency leave status. But yet there's still extenuating impact from something like that of putting the car back together, right that the military is not going to put his car back together, So they could come and see us and we would help get their car back on the road, right, so people repairs to what have you. So it's it does have a limited scope. But as far those occasions when something just out of nowhere blows up your life in a sense that we can help you get back up on life.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, and there are criteria that define an emergency to be eligible for this this this program. What are the criteria specifically, So we're talking about emergencies. Emergency is something that rows unexpectedly. My Duke bill did not come unexpectedly order to property that negating my point earlier. Maybe the thirty came on.
Speaker 13: Long enough for who it was coming, right, So it's it's it's something that arose unexpected such a your accidents, such as the neighbor cutting down a tree and it fell on us. But okay, it's unexpected, right, It's not something I see longcoming. It created in a sense an immediate need for financial assistance. So how to validate that while we require you to bring in two months of your bank statements so we can show that it was an immediate financial need, not that you had twenty K in the bank and I need you to pay off my three thousand dollars bill over here. Well, no, you have plenty that you have saved up and you've managed yourself.
Speaker 1: So the guards are in place for and I hate to even think about someone who's served our country in uniform gaming the system. But bad eggs exist everywhere. In spite of the fact that Bob McDonald thought it was it was profound point that he went to West Point, there are some West Point people that ended up in Levenworth. So you know, there are of every branch I see, Okay, this is why Levenworth is so large.
Speaker 13: However, sometimes you can take Johnny out of the trailer part, but you can't take park out of jail.
Speaker 1: Right, you got the garden for the tax payer.
Speaker 13: He's going right, right, Well, that's just that this is taxpayers money, it's not mine. So we judiciously look at this program, and the Americans of Ohio say, we want to support veterans. I want to ensure that we are stewards of the county government's money that is handed to me from taxpayers, that we are uplifting veterans and we are not just offering a handout.
Speaker 1: That's why I like you, Steve, because I imagine there is a you know, Veterans Services Commission out there in some other county elsewhere that wouldn't have that concern on behalf of the American taxpayer probably. So it's just like I can see them just ignoring the criteria for eligibility and just pushing it through and saying, fine, you're eligible.
Speaker 13: Right, right, Well, I've got to get back behind my wallet. I pay taxes in Claremont County, and how would I want my money spent? And when I can look at it from those shoes, it just becomes a different state, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: If we only had more people in government who viewed it through that lens, what the world would be such a better place. It wouldn't be trillions ticking every second, would not? It would not?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: So d D two fourteen is a prerequisite.
Speaker 13: For this, And so then on top of that, you have to have been a resident of Claremont County for ninety days. You must be employed or actively looking for employment. So coming in, I've been unemployed for the past two years and I'm on welfare, I'm really not looking for anything. Well, then everything is an emergency financial for you because you're not doing anything to uplift yourself and just the basic needs of life.
Speaker 1: Well, and that addresses you're unexpected. If you have no income, every expense that lends on your plate's going to be unexpected in a way, right right, all right, Well, I mean you're viewing that like back in the old days of domestic relations court. You know, if you had a deadbeat father who wasn't paying his order to support payments, you forced him to bring in job applications that he had submitted, right, you make them look for a job. That's right, that's right, all right?
Speaker 13: So, and then you know, there's also times where uplifting those individuals, such as, what about the spouse of the World War two veteran who's still here with us, but the veterans passed on. Let me tell you there was a There are some great networking partners of ours, and I'll hold their names tight so everybody's not yelling at them. Hey fix my two. But there was an eighty five year old early Vietnam Korean War period spouse husband had passed. He was the veteran. Her AC unit went down in the middle of July last year, July second, She calls us. I need help. I'm getting I have three quotes to replace my HVAC system. Upwards of about fifteen thousand dollars. Oo, I'm on Social Security, my veteran husband is passed, and that's all of my income. So I called this friend of ours, friend of the office. He sent one of his technicians out there on July third, troubleshot the HVAC system.
Speaker 1: I'm Brian. On July fourth, I get dusched up on Steve's experiencing an allergy outright, I'll give you some best.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 13: On July four, he took his daughter out to fix this widow's HVAC. It needed one pressurized line to be soldered pressurized it and on July fourth, this eighty five year old veteran spouse on oxygen and every other kind of medication at that age, had her AC restored at zero cost instead of an old, brand new HVAC system to be placed in August.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful, man. That's what this program does, Brian. That's what this program does, all right. Well, where can veterans find this application for him to the extent they're experiencing this financial emergency, you know what?
Speaker 13: They can find it at our office at seventy six South Riverside Drive in Batavia. It's also called the Heritage Building for Claremont County residents. It's the same place where you go for early voting. We are on the third floor. Or you can find it online at Claremont County Veterans dot Com.
Speaker 1: Claima County Veterans dot Com. Right there on the front page. You can see it turned to us for financial assistance and can get financial assystem by clicking on the link there. What's the turnaround time before we part company here, Steve Belzo, No, that's great.
Speaker 13: It used to be we had up until ten days because the service officers would see it. I've recently hired an emergency financial advisor investigator and some days it can be a same day turnaround if you have all your documents.
Speaker 1: Claimar County Veterans Services well oiled machine. There are other ones that could learn from you. You know, this should be an outreach program, the ones that are the Veteran Services and other counties that are struggling to get a to get the ship righted, call Steve Belzo. He'll steer you in the right direction again. Claremont County Veterans dot Com. Steve, thanks again for all that you're doing for our veterans. I appreciate your efforts and you're looking at for the taxpayer dollar at the same time. Absolutely, and thanks for your partnership. You're good man. I'm happy to be here to be able to do it. Coming up with some fifty seven. Mark Levin's got a new book on power. He'll join the program wrap top of the our news, followed by Judge Napolitano. Hope you can stick around. Huge happens fast, stay up to date.
Speaker 4: At the top of the hour. Not gonna be complicated, It's going to go very fast.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station. This report is sponsor your summer pocket knife of information.
Speaker 9: It's the only way to stay in for fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: It's eight o five here at fifty five KRS de Talk Station. A very happy Wednesday to you, Judge da Politano every Wednesday at the bottom of this hour a thirty with a judge, same thing today and without further ado a man. I know my listening audience does not need an introduction, but I'll do it nonetheless. Mark Levin returns to the fifty five KRC Morning Show, nationally syndicated talk radio show. A host of Mark Levin Show host of Levin TV on the Blaze, host of the Fox News Channel's Life Liberty and Levin cher Emeritis of the Mark Legal Foundation, author of Let's Count Them eight consecutive number one New York Times Best Tellers, Let's call It nine. Now with the new book on Power, Welcome back to the fifty five care Scene morning show. Always a pleasure, Mark Levin.
Speaker 4: Brian, I love that interview. I'm calling again tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Eddie.
Speaker 1: Anytime, my friend. I listened to you all the time your Sunday show coming in. I have serious XM and I listened to Fox News on the way and love what you have to say. I appreciate your perspective and commentary. Now, in your book on Power, you discussed the concept of power extensively. That's the point of the book. How do you differentiate between legitimate political power and its abuse? You know, you talk about the concept of positive power and negative power.
Speaker 4: Well, those are That's a great, great question. The book takes the word power and takes a very close look at it because I realized the battle in society and the culture and government and humanity is overpower. I mean even in our personal lives psychologically in some cases which is not where I go. But certainly when it comes to governance, and the Constitution is about power. The Declaration of Independence lays out what I call positive power, and then then there's the negative power. Positive power is, for example, in our country, it's the most unique country ever established ever. And why because this is a country that's based on the belief that got a sovereign Judeo Christian belief systems fused with the Enlightenment, that is, we are the sovereign God's children. Now, how do we manifest that on earth? And the Enlightenment tells us how power backing power, that's one of the main elements that came out of the Enlightenment. Why against the monarchies, dictatorships, that sort of thing, right, But look at the Marxists and the Islamis and others. The negative power, what are they all about? The centralization of power? The people aren't the sovereign. The ruling classes the.
Speaker 1: Sovereign well, And that's the reason in the concentration of power in Washington. And I guess you know, as a lawyer, I always go back to this distorted Washington all powerful. We live in a republic. We have a tenth Amendment as well as a ninth Amendment. But we also have Wickered versus Philburn, which extended this regulatory arm against every aspect of our lives. That's the problem right there. The court used as a mechanism to get engaged in every element of our lives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is a particularly devious decision where basically you have a whed farmer, so the public knows who is growing wheat on his own land, and they still claimed it was interstate commerce capable of being regulated because if he didn't sell the wheat into interstate commerce, it would affect interstate commerce. So it's one of the most atrocious decisions I ran. You're right, it laid the foundation for economic socialism and endless government intervention. So on power, I just decide, you know, you can't have liberty without rights, and you can't have rights without power. And there's certain kinds of power that are good and certain kinds of power that are bad. And the struggle we're having now, basically those of us who are not in the Democrat Party, the struggle we're having now with the Democrat Party and others, by the way, is this issue over power. They want centralized power. You talk about wicked versus soburn. This is about a massive fourth branch of government, a bureaucracy. We want to elect to judges who aren't even in the Constitution, And what does that mean. We're supposed to be a government of consensus, a government of representative government. So when you have a bureaucracy doesn't represent the people, when you want to elect to judges, they don't represent the people either. They get federal but the role is really outsized in terms of what they do. So I break this down, I look at this issue of power. I don't think we as conservatives, or let me say this, non leftists really think about this enough. This is all they think about. They're obsessed with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you talk about it, you don't necessarily go to the psychological reality. But as you're talking, and this is something that I struggle with all the time, Mark, I consider myself a little el libertarian. I remember the Libertarian Party. But I trust you with your wallet and your zipper. I don't want to take anything from you. When I'm done fixing me, maybe I'll come after you, but that day's never gonna come. I don't understand. Maybe maybe it's a psychological problem they have. Why do they want to control all of our lives? Why does Zohan Mundami want to you know, regulate you know, the price of house, literally the price of everything, micro manage everything. I don't get where that need for power and control comes from, which is maybe why I don't get the direction we're going, because people tend to roll over and just allow it to happen to them.
Speaker 4: Well, if you look at history, and even if you look around the world today, that is the rule. Yeah, the dark side of humanity the reason why the Enlightenment was so important, and the radical islamis never went through the Enlightenment. They're stuck in the in the seventh century and the Marxist rejecting Enlightenment. It's the darker side of humanity. I mean, men and women are imperfect, and so the whole reason the Enlightenment is important, again fused with the Judeo Christian values, is to get us past that. It is to embrace the brighter side of humanity, to nurture the brighter side of humanity and so forth versus this darker side. And you ask why, Because people can be evil, because people can be greedy, they want power, because people like to lord over other people. We've got millions of people who've been murdered in this world as a result of Marxism and Islamism, that the result of Judaeo Christian values and the Enlightenment. And so you set up a government that protects us from evil, whether it's moob, whether it's centralized government. And so where this is why our constitution is so brilliant and it's so important. Even Scalia said, what's the key to our constitution? Separation? Powers? Montesque say, the most important philosopher during our constitutional period, power checks power? What did even Aristotle say, power needs to check out? And let me ask you this is that the way Mondamie thinks is that the way the Marxists think is that the way Bernie Sanders thinks. Did the Democrats think? No, this constant government program, government, taxation, government regulation, government redistribution. Their views, their beliefs are simply incompatible with the founding. And so I lay it all out in.
Speaker 1: The book the Book on Power. On my guess today, Mark Levin, Well, let me ask you this in terms of reforms. As you were saying that enlightened, smart, critical thinking, logical, reasonable, well educated people could see through this, they would see through the lives, they would recognizing the efforts of this negative power and rejected out of hand. Do you think our education system is to blame for creating a generation or two or three of useful idiots that are just too uneducated to see through this, this this overreach and this abuse of our civil rights and liberties.
Speaker 4: I think just a lot of that. There's no question about it that these people have conquered the culture, whether it's the media, whether it's academia, whether it's Hollywood and so forth. We're on the outs there, on the ends. I don't think there's any question about that. But we also have the problem where people actually vote for tyranny. People like free beests. People don't want to give up what they have, but they want to take something that somebody else has. And again, this is a darker side of humanity, and the Marxists play right into that. And also they plain to the fact that human beings are imperfect, and so they compare something the imperfection of society with their promises. And what I say is, no, you got to compare something to something, because you know they'll say, you're hungry, I'll make it affordable. You can't, you can't get a house. I'll make it. Excuse me, excuse mean, let's come back down to earth and let's actually deal with what it is that you're proposing.
Speaker 1: Well, that someone can run as a socialist and actually get traction in New York and Mondomia is an illustration. Yes, true, true, no argument there, Bernie Sanders, Okay, I guess there was a period of time, you know, in my lifetime. I mean that nobody would touch you with a ten foot pole if you set out loud. I am a socialist or Marxist or communists. But we've changed the society or perception over the years. We don't study the mistakes in the past. No one's looking at where these experiments have have have been held. Like we had a moral barometer when I was going up to the Soviet Union. It was freedom and capitalism versus breadlines. It was a perfect point to make. Look, you want to be a comedy, you see how terrible things are there. But we lost that when the wall came down, and since then I feel like we've lost our way.
Speaker 11: Mark.
Speaker 4: You make a great point. A lot of the younger people today have no first hand out about what took place. I mean, the Holocaust is just a distant thing, and they throw around the word Hitler in the Holocaust or with the Soviet Union. They don't know a thing about this, even nine to eleven, who hit us on nine to eleven? The islamis okay, they don't They weren't alive. Then they don't think about that, and so this is a problem. That's why I feel like outside of the educational system, we have to fight back. We still have free speech. That's why I write these books. That's why you and I are on the air trying to reach as many people as we can with American ideals and the belief system, trying to teach history, trying to explain these things because they're not getting it in the school. They have no context for this. But you know, we as parents and grandparents, we have a responsibility too. You don't just send your kids off the school and hopeful the best, certainly not. Now. You got to take them under your wing. You got to educate them, have them read certain things or at least listen to certain things. That is our responsibility, and I'm hoping these books, this one in particular, will help.
Speaker 8: In that regard.
Speaker 1: It will, and I'll encourage my listeners to go to fifty five krs dot com and my blog and podcast page where they can easily get a copy of Mark R. Levin's new book on Power. Please read it. Wonderful and inspiring book. Mark Levin, you always are thank you for what you do each and every day, and you always have an open spot here on the fifty five KRSEE Morning Show when you write another number one best selling book.
Speaker 4: First of all, you're terrific that you're very sharp, and I appreciate that. And you went through the book. That's great, and I want to thank everybody in Cincinnati. God bless you, my friend.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for the kind words. Mark Levin, humbled and honored to receive them. Have a wonderful day, sir, you too, get a copy of the book. Fifty five kr SE dot com. It's eight sixteen right now, fifty five kr SE Detalk Station, stick around. Get a little bit talk about before we get to the bottom of the ear with Judge Andrew Napolitano. Yes, you have the right to travel, even if you're a Democrat running away from your job in Texas. We shift a good conversation on that with Judge first, though, Cover Sinsey, can you want to save a lot of money? Do you want better medical coverage? Better medical insurance for less money? Like if you're a couple under sixty five, for example, you and your spouse under sixty five, how about saving like five hundred to one thousand dollars every month and get better medical coverage. They're not possible, right, You got that group planned and you know what you're paying for it, and you know what it doesn't cover. You got that massive out of pocket liability. How about solving the problem? Call my friends at Cover Sincy. Just time is all it's going to cost you. There is no fee for this service to look at where you are, what you've got currently by way have medical insurance or if you're uninsured. It's a great thing to do is call Cover Sincy uh and they have hundreds of insurance companies at their disposal. They have thousands of insurance policies, but they're not working for any one of those companies. They're working for you, so they can scour through the land and find the best options available for you. So save money, better medical insurance, that's what it's all about. Call the team that cover Sincy five one three eight hundred two two five five five one three eight hundred call start the process. Just fill the format online. It's easy to do. Go to Coversincy dot com.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station for more information about.
Speaker 11: Jenn and I.
Speaker 1: First one focass Partly cloudy day to day storms around news when they're expected to start and they essay to expect downcourse eighty five for today's I sixty seven. Overnight the rain moves out of the muggy eighty six to high tomorrow, partly cloudy skies and dry few clouds overnight sixty seven and a dry Friday with partly cloudy skys in a high of eighty eight. It's seventy degrees Right now, it's time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplantor from multicultural communities get the Gift of life become an organ donor or explorer living donation at u S health dot com. Slash transplant northbound seventy one. There's an accident about Montgomery Road in Kenwood. They're over on the right shoulder northbound seventy five crews are working with an accident at Sharon Road. Cars involved on boat shoulders. Chuck ingram On Todd KRC Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Ay toty one. If you have KRCD Talk station. Happy Wednesday listener, Lunch Wednesday. Another Minder's gonna be at Weedham Brewery and Saint Bernard. It's gonna be fun. It's always fun. There always fun a listener to lunch. So if you want to show up, I look forward to meeting me today around eleven thirty or thereafter. In the meantime. Excellent springboard. Mark Levin's book on Power to a column Today, written by a guy named Daniel Sutchman who's described as a New York investor, but excellent observations in so far along the lines of what Mark Levin was talking about. I don't need to read the whole thing. I'll recommend you get to the Wall Street Journal. The Scholar who saw Zorhan Mamdani coming in two thousand and three subtitled socialism has never been held accountable for its tyranny and slaughter, which is the point that was being made by Mark in part our children don't know about the tragedy it's brought about by socialism and jumping into the column a little bit more than two decades ago, historian of political thought predicted that notwithstanding the triumph of free enterprise, in his words, it will not be difficult for socialism to change its now quaint name a bit and revive government economic control into a newly compelling political, economic, and ultimately cultural agenda. Since American children and college students weren't being taught what happened under actual socialist regimes, it was only a matter of time before simplistic slogans attacking private property, billionaires, and profits before people would successfully revive by a smooth talking demagogue HM in a two thousand and two paper. In two thousand and two three speech for the Atlas Society, Alan Charles cors Now, an ameritith professor at the University of Pennsylvania, foretold how and why this could happen. Cores lamented that socialism had yet to be held accountable for the scale of its crime, saying, no cause ever in the history of mankind has produced more cold blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocence, and more orphans than socialism with power close quote the failure to acknowledge and come to terms with this reality in the West, he believed eventually would allow socialism to resuscitate itself, even with millions of skeletons hiding in plain view. Zorhan Mamdani, the New York Democratic mayoral nominee, has proposed government run grocery stores as a hallmark of his campaign. This is a perplexing platform because, as mister Core's reminded us in his paper Socialism's quote, collectivization of agriculture alone led to untold suffering and the starvation of millions. Is mister Mamdani proposing a takeover of farming and the establishment of gulags, as the Soviet Union did in Ukraine in the nineteen thirties. No, the mayor has no such power, but the embrace of even an innocuous sounding, half baked program of government controlled food distribution heaving price is low, not making profit, his campaign website says, is disturbing for what it reels about mister Mumdammie's knowledge and mindset. As mister Cores noted, wherever socialism was implemented, its vision of the abolition of private property, economic inequality, and the allocation of capital and goods by free markets, culminated in the crushing of individual, economic, religious, associational, and political liberty. Mom Dommie's lack of embarrassment identifying himself as a socialist speaks volumes, as mister core cited an uncontrovertible lesson of history, which is that adding marketing adjectives to socialism's label doesn't change its inherent character. Quote whatever the ideals, whatever the initial intentions, whatever the source of early social conviction, socialism will always lead to serfdom and the sacrifice of multitudes wells quote, no shame is evident mister mom Dommi's choice to associate with this history, whether a product of ignorance or political commitment, He and his fellow travelers seem adept at what mister Corus described as the intellectual and political art form of denial or minimization of communist crimes. And then he goes on to point about the Soviet Chinese, Vietnamese, Cambodian and others is a disasters and socialist experimentation collapsing or being revealed in the nineteen eighties and nineties that no one seems to pay the attention to it's well documented in history that this stuff results in epic failure. It's a fall of our education system to allow these young, naive, useful idiots they become to embrace socialism without knowing the downside risks of it. My thoughts, not Daniel Sutzman's. But it's all right there for you to absorb and read. Anyway. I thought it was a nice corollary to the comments from Mark Levin on his book on Power. Coming up next, Judge Andro Napatatano. First though, rhino shield law, I mean you don't paint no, no, no no. You see the flaking, the chipping, the fading that you're dealing with with the typical paint, it's gonna happen again. You're gonna spend the money to paint your house or your barn, as the case may be. Don't do it. Don't paint your home Rhino shield. Yes, rhino shield. That's what we did for our daughter and our fiance for their barn, which looked terrible. They didn't have the money or resources to allocate toward a paint project. So yeah, well the barn still works, it just looks bad. We got the rhino shield and they do a lot of prep work. The experts at Rhino shield the key to the product application is the prep work, so they do a lot of that. Then they apply the Rhino Shield, which is like eight times to ten times thicker than paint. It's a ceramic product which reflects the UV rays, keeps moisture out, helps the underlying surface lasts longer, you know, avoiding rod and it's guaranteed for twenty five years. Yes, save money ultimately over the long haul. Get Rhino shield rather than regular paint. I just recommend going to Rhino shield K. Why theeather all over the greater Cincinnati area. But their website rhinoshield Ky dot com is where you click on the link to get a free quote. R h I n O Shield Ky or you can call them directly at eight five five seven four four sixty six oh five. That's eight five five seven four.
Speaker 14: Ort is sponsored by Progressive Insurance. Progressive makes bundling easy and affordable. Get a multi policy discount by combining your motorcycle, RV, boat, ATV and more all your protection in one place. Bundle and save at Progressive dot com. That's Progressive dot com.
Speaker 1: H here's a quick weather today We're gonna have partly cloudy skies around noontime. We have an opportunity for some isolated storms, and they say to expect downpours. Today's high eighty five uh Ray moves out of overnight. It's gonna be a little bit muggy sixty seven for a low eighty six with dry conditions tomorrow and partly cloudy skys. Few clouds of night sixty seven on partly cloudy Friday, when the high of eighty eight right now seventy degrees. Time for a traffic update, Chuck Ingram from the Use You Got Transit Center.
Speaker 10: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant or from multicultural communities give the Gift of life, become an organ donor, or explore living donation at uce.
Speaker 1: Health dot com.
Speaker 10: SLA transplant crews continue to work with an accident northbound seventy five at Sharon. They're on the right shoulder. Minimal delays to get by northbound seventy one. There's an accident above Montgomery Road in Keemwood on the right hand side. Also cleaning up on four at the eastbound two seventy five ramp. All clear on eastbound two seventy five at forty two in Sharonville from an earlier accident. It is International clown Week, so maybe you can celebrate by dressing up like Saint Bozo or your favorite Midwestern town mayor maybe even your favorite congressman like Chuck Schumer. Or how about an MLB manager like Yankees manager Aaron Boone. Well no, wait, that's not really fair because they haven't had their judge. We've got ours, and he's coming up next, Chuck Ingram on fifty five the talk.
Speaker 1: Station, Hey thirty see this. He gave that a lot of thought. Judge Enna Paul.
Speaker 15: Is clever, very very clever. If you follow what he's talking about. Mentioning me in the same breath as Aaron Judge is exhilarating for me.
Speaker 1: Ah, pro props to you know sometimes yeah check checksta half does it? You know it's National Preszel Day. So here's Judge of Pultano. Whatever. That was a good one, though, I'm gonna have to I'm gonna have to go over and commend him if I can get him out of his his his studio parked in the back in the corner there, Judge Enna Poalitano it's always a real pleasure to have you on the program. And the subject matter of your column the runaway Texas Democrats. I'm sorry every time I read an article about the Democrats, uh denying the quorum and running away to Illinois or wherever they run, I think amany Python and the Holy Grail, with the the scene with with well a couple of th scenes where they run away, run away. Not sure if you're familiar with the movie, but I can't deny myself the opportunity to laugh at that. But your column points out, at least legally they're allowed to run away. They are, They are in.
Speaker 15: The Congress, and the state legislature of Texas can't stop them because the right of every person listening to us now, they're right of every person anywhere to cross interstate lines unimpeded. And I'm not talking about obeying traffic laws. Are paying a toll on the George Washington Bridge is a natural, fundamental right. And you know, I can't get into the politics of what's going on in Texas except that it's going to start a firestorm because California is going to do the same thing for the Democrats and so on.
Speaker 1: New Jersey.
Speaker 15: However, these people have the right to leave the state, and the governor of Texas, frustrated though he is, cannot have them arrested.
Speaker 1: Now, you see, I mean it's complicated issue for me. I guess there was one component that would sort of criminalize their behavior if they got paid to leave, which is a different element than just them walking out to deprive the quorum. So I understand, go ahead.
Speaker 15: There may be Texas laws against that kind of compensation, and the governor has intimated that if someone is paying your expenses to leave, or if you've raised funds for that purpose right under Citizens United, a Supreme Court opinion that basically says raising money for politics is the equivalent of free speech.
Speaker 1: I think they can do it.
Speaker 15: Can Texas ex post facto declare their behavior.
Speaker 4: To be criminal?
Speaker 1: No, the constitution prohibits that.
Speaker 15: So what started out as a bit of a stunt, let's find a way to get five more Republicans out of Texas, and then morphed into deep and profound frustration. Sixty Democrats are leaving their jobs, their family, and their responsibility by leaving the state now becomes a very serious constitutional issue.
Speaker 1: And that's why I wrote about this.
Speaker 15: The right to travel is a fundamental liberty. It is up there with speech, assembly, religion, self defense, just as if it were articulated in the Bill of Rights. That's not me, that's the Supreme Court of the United States in nineteen sixty nine in this case Shapiro versus Thompson.
Speaker 1: Well in your column, and I'm glad you did this because something that's rarely ever mentioned. Of course, you point out that it's rarely, if ever addressed in any case law, the Ninth Amendment. And you point out or I recognize that Madison couldn't like codify all natural rights that we enjoy, because you know, sitting down and you try to think of of all the fundamental human rights we have, would be a difficult chore, and he might leave one out and inadvertently not included. Ergo, that wouldn't be a fundamental right. But the Ninth Amendment protects all of those, and yet it's rarely ever mentioned. Much in the same way the Tenth Amendment. I mean, you know, all rights not expressly reserved of the federal government reside in the states. Think that seems to be a very powerful tool for states to fight back against federal government control and entering to areas of the law that they have no authority under the Constitution to enter into correct justice.
Speaker 15: Clarence Thomas is the excuse me, the current champion of the Tenth Amendment on the Supreme Court, and every once in a while he has four of his colleagues agree with him, and then these things.
Speaker 1: Stop the Feds in their tracks.
Speaker 4: So I don't know how this is going to end.
Speaker 15: The last two or three times they did this, they got sick and tired of being away from their families and away from their jobs. They came home, they felfilled the choir, and the Republicans got what they wanted. The same thing may happen again. The big picture is this will cause an equal and opposite reaction, and if you do the math, the Democrats are likely to benefit more from this than the Republicans because there are more Republican seats in democratic states that could easily be turned into Democratic seats by moving the margins.
Speaker 1: Is this moral?
Speaker 8: Is this fair?
Speaker 1: Is it constitutional? Well?
Speaker 15: The Supreme Court says it's constitutional unless it's based on race. If it's not based on race, it's constitutional.
Speaker 1: The jerrymandering that's going on you're referring to.
Speaker 15: Correct correct correct, And because you use the word jerrymandering brings us back to Elbridge Jerry, a Massachusetts legislator who was first had this blamed on him in the era of Thomas Jefferson. So this has been going on for two hundred and twenty years.
Speaker 1: Quite often, gerem entering is done specifically in order to create race based jurisdictions, you know, protect the communities, or you know, incorporate all like for example, black people incorporating them all into one general district so that in shore they know.
Speaker 15: They'll have a representative in Congress, right right, That too, can be unconstitutional if it impermissively disfranchises whites.
Speaker 4: So there's really no end to this.
Speaker 15: The Supreme Court hates these cases, most of these race based cases. The Court is all over the place and hasn't given any clear guidance. The best guidance I can articulate is what I said a few minutes ago. The legislatures can draw the line anyway they want, as long as it's not race based. There is a case involving North Carolina somebody versus Charlotte Mecklenberg. I forget the full name of the case where the congressional district was the width of a highway because they wanted the connect A to B and they have to be contiguous. Yeah, so the contiguity the connection was literally a highway on which of course no one lived. Supreme Court said, you can't do that.
Speaker 1: That is not a valid apportion. Well, I guess I'm sort of curious to know whether this is something that could be addressed, so they're allowed to redistrict. There's no doubt this is a battle of attrition that ultimately the Republicans of Texas will win because the Democrats will eventually go home. There will eventually be a quorum, as you pointed out. But the crisis that's created by this and this whole idea of redistricting and gerrymandering, is this something that's worthy of or could be addressed by Congress? He said almost yes, yes, Congress.
Speaker 15: Well, Congress could prohibit redistricting other than right after a.
Speaker 1: Census. Census.
Speaker 15: In fact, a two conservative Republican members of the House their names now escaping me have introduced legislation to prohibit these midterm changes. But in terms of how the districts are crafted, Madison left that to the states. Intentionally left that to the states. This very little Congress can do without confronting, as you pointed out a few minutes ago, Brian, the tenth Amendment, because this issue of who you send to Congress and how you send them is expressly reserved, expressly reserved to the states.
Speaker 1: Now, for those who are struggling to read through their Constitution to find the right to the freedom to travel as a fundamental right, it doesn't specifically say that, though, does it. That's the ninth Amendment.
Speaker 15: Correct.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 15: The ninth Amendment, which is the catch all which those of us who believe in the natural law argue, was Madison's articulation of natural rights rarely has you know. I wrote a treatise about this called Freedom's Anchor, An Introduction to Natural Law in American Constitutional History, and my researchers and I looked at every Supreme Court opinion that expressly accepts or especially rejects the principle of natural rights. There's very few of them, Brian, right, very very few. There aren't more than a handful, and most of them are pre Civil War. So the concept of natural rights, though these rights are natural to every human being, is something that the Supreme Court really doesn't want to touch. When they do touch it, they don't call it natural rights. And I said to Justice Scalia once, well, why are you calling this a pre political right rather than a natural right?
Speaker 4: Because without natural law stuff, it's too Catholic.
Speaker 1: It's too Catholic.
Speaker 15: Too Catholic, you go to mass epartunity.
Speaker 4: How the others won't go for it.
Speaker 1: I can't believe a man of his intellectual level could even turn to that as being too Catholic. Natural rights those exist for people of all political stripes, even for atheists and agnostic folks.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 15: You know, I was teaching when I was teaching at Brooklyn Law School, I taught a of course jurisprudence, and a young man came up to me.
Speaker 1: He said, Judge, I went to Catholic grammar school. I went to a Catholic college.
Speaker 15: I heard about natural wall till I'm blue in the face. Now I'm at a law school that's primarily Jewish, and I have to hear.
Speaker 1: About it again. Outstanding only in America, Only in America. Oh, we were blessed every week here in the Greater CINCINNTI area, well actually nationwide since I got people from all different states tuning into the program every morning, but we're blessed to have you on regardless of where you're listening from Judge and Neapolitano every Wednesday at eight thirty here in the fifty five Carseing Morning Show. Get his column comes out tonight at midnight. The Runaway Texas Democrats. Who you got me talking to today on Judging the I have Scott.
Speaker 15: Ridder at one o'clock today, who's about to argue that some of the President's foreign policy moves there deeply dangerous, like sending nuclear submarines closer to Russia. Max Bloomenthal, who will make the case about the starvation in God and Phil GERALDI, what is the intelligence community up to?
Speaker 11: Next?
Speaker 15: Why was an MI six British intel agent arrested by the Russians in Ukraine. So this is the stuff we're talking about this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Great material and subject matter. We'll be listening Judging Freedom and of course next to our next Wednesday with another edition here on the fifty five Cares this morning. Shure, God bless you your honor, have a great man and.
Speaker 15: All the best to you and your family, your listeners, and to Strecker who really puts this show together all the time. I see him down there at the bottom of.
Speaker 1: The screen without Joe the show don't go oh catchphrase. We got going on here, and I appreciate you recognize him because he is a critical element to the fifty five care see morning show. Love you brother, we'll talk next week. Have a great height forty two right now, fifty five care see the talk stations to ground. We got more to talk about. Joe's got the phone lines open. You feel free to chime in if you care too. I'll be right back.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Happy Wednesday listener to lunch Wednesday. Today we're gonna bet Weedham and Brewery up to see you there, and I hope he's still got it on his schedule. Cribbage, Mike, Welcome back to the Morning Show, my submarine or friend. We're gonna be playing cribbage today at lunch.
Speaker 6: Most assured. Lee there, Brian, and I know I got my work cut out for him because my grandson Parker doesn't start school till next week, so once again he will be rooting in your corner.
Speaker 11: Sir.
Speaker 1: Well, he's been lucky for me the last four times. After amazing almost epic losing streak. I got you backed in the corner because I paid attention to your skills in the game of cribbage. I guess I don't know, Mike. My luck will end at some point here real soon, maybe today. But I don't care if I win or lose. I always enjoy our company, man.
Speaker 6: Great fellowship, Sir. Yes, hey, I heard a judge mentioned he's got a guest coming up to talk about the submarines being moved closer to Russia, and a lot of people got their hair on fire when Trump made that comment. I believe it was Friday, and I'm here to assure everyone. Since I patrolled the ocean depth since the seventies, We've been there, we will always be there, and with the range and accuracy of our current arsenal, this is no new news. So no operational security was given, and especially with the China threat. Since I was in in the seventies, you know that they are all over the place, and even if you knew where they were yesterday, you don't know where they are today.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's an excellent point. They obviously are very stealthy and they can move, and one of the things that people called out Trump about was apparently he suggested the area where the subs were, which is not something that's normally stated. I mean, you can state together our subs patrolling the waters, and we all say, well, no kidding, that's what they're there for, that's what they're for. But to say we've got them in the so and so area, but that was negated by some commentary by folks like you who are in the know, which is like you could say they're in whatever area, but that would last all of a few seconds, because the subs can easily move out of there and zip over someplace else, and they're very very difficult, if not impossible, to actually track once they're underwater.
Speaker 6: They're amazing between the shock mounting on all of the engineering equipment, literally almost wrapping the entire submarine, which if you can envision the tiles that used to be underneath the Space Shuttle for more sound absorption. In fact, my sonarman friend used to say, especially with our tried to fleeplistic missile submarines, you listen for the lack of what we call biologic You know, your fish, your whale, so you listen for the absence of noise and maybe that's where that submarine is.
Speaker 1: But because the subs scare scare the natural stuff away for the most part. Oh wow, So the absence of sounds suggests the location of the submarine. That's an interesting pod way of viewing it. Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just just amazing when you're down there and what you hear, you know, what shrimp sounds like, and of course the whales and the dolphins and everything else. It's just just incredible that you're down there amongst them.
Speaker 1: What a life you had, man, what a life? Well, I appreciate you lending some context to what's going on. Although him talking about nuclear submarines being off the coast of Russia, I mean, Russia's threats to use nukes under some circumstances does create an easy, you know, oh my god, World War three is getting ready to break out kind of scenario for folks. It's a little frightening to talk about.
Speaker 6: And that's the beauty of those things that we've been since the early sixties with the earlier versions of our fleet blistic missile submarines that if we actually have to launch a missile that we basically they haven't done their job because they are all about the terrems because and especially with just yesterday being the anniversary or Hiroshima. Multiple warheads on those missiles that eat just one missile alone is every bomb that we've ever dropped. So just that sheer threat and once again the accuracy to go over four thousand miles to decide if you want to put it in that window or that window because of the bunk or busting you know, just what we saw at the B two. These things have had that technology for quite some time.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's refreshing. We never get to that. No, I mean, hell no, that well, you know obviously the idea that we can do that, that they are that accurate, that they are that destructive, that information is readily available to support the very point that they are there for, which is mutually assured destruction. Don't use yours is we're going to use ours, and we're all gonna die.
Speaker 6: They used to, They used to sit off the up in Connecticut where they where they are. Every single one of them gets built, we would have basically allow them, and they did not want to interfere with our sea trials because and we wanted them to show that when they go out and launch a missile off off Cocoa Beach, Florida. We wanted it to show that, Okay, here's what this thing can do. And look how accurate it is because they would also track the telemetry just like we would.
Speaker 1: Right right, that's to be expected. Wow. Well, Mike, I appreciate your insight on this, and I'll look forward to another great cribbage game and some wonderful fellowship today at listener lunch again, Weedaman, see you there around eleven thirty twelve o'clock whenever you happen to get there. I know you come a little bit later because you and I spend a lot longer time there than youre a regular listener lunch because we always play grivage at the end of the lunch. Can't wait, my friend, Take care and appreciate your insights. It's a wonderful listening audience and me to get a lightened on those kind of things. It's a fifty four great data here on the fifty five carscy More Show. Donal O'Neil from Americans for Prosperity joined the program to talk about the Protect Prosperity campaign, an opportunity for you to let your elected officials know, thank you for signing the one big, beautiful bill, and he went through quite a few things that are in that bill that help out us here in Ohio. So thank those that vote for it, suggests Donovan Climat County Veteran Services Steve Belzo awesome program and they're a great organization from the claarmat Cutty Veteran Services, the Emergency Financial Assistance Program. Go to the climat Couty Veteran Services website and you can find that link right there on the front page. Great way to help out folks who are experiencing emergency financial problems. Mark Levin with a brand new book on power. Get a copy of it fifty five carsy dot com and check out that podcast very I just get. I'm thoroughly impressed by Mark Levan. He's a brilliant man and brilliant from Judge out of Polatana as well the Runaway Texas Democrats fifty five Caresee dot com. Get your iHeart media app there so you can stream wherever you happen to be Tomorrow, of course Thursday, I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe. You heard Napolitana will give him props and of course, props to Joe Strecker, executive producer of the fifty five Cassey Morning Show. Thank you Joe for making the show actually work and come together, and for lining up the guests. Without you wouldn't happen. So appreciate what you're doing. So, folks, I hope you have a wonderful day. Maybe see you listener lunch today at about eleven thirty. I hope you stick around because Glenn Beck's coming right up.
Speaker 9: News happens fast, stay up to date.
Speaker 4: At the top of the hour, you're moving very quickly. At fifty five KARC, the talk station