Speaker 1: Welcome to Big for Society. If you have bigfoot activity to report from the same areas discussed in this episode, please reach out to me directly after this episode. And if you'd like to be on the podcast to discuss a personal Bigfoot encounter, please reach out to me directly at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. Do you wish there was more Big for Society to listen to you every week? Well there is now. If you become a supporting member over at Patreon, you get a special members only episode every single week on Wednesdays, and sometimes even more episodes. Head on over to patreon dot com. Forward slash the Big for Society and now let's get on with the show. All right, Bigft Society, we get the privilege of talking to Brett. Brett is an individual that reached out with some information through the comments over on the YouTube channel, which do get a lot of my interviews from those YouTube comments. A lot of people ask me if I read all of them. I do read all of them as of right now. But Brett is an individual and he'll be sharing. Brett is an individual that I'll be sharing something that happened in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. So, Brett's a privileged to have you on the show today.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, glad to be here. Jeremiah.
Speaker 1: Awesome. And before before we get started with you sharing what happened, is there anything else that the listeners would need to know about yourself for context before we have you start in on what happened that day?
Speaker 2: Sure? Sure. I was born and raised in Market County, Michigan, and I am a professional air environmental scientist. I have been for thirty four years.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, Well, Brett, what I'm going to have you do is if you wouldn't mind taking us back to as far back as we need to go, you can kind of lay out what happened that day that you had that interaction with bigfoot up there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this was back in the fall October nineteen seventy six, from nineteen seventy seven. I was a high school kid at the time, and that weekend we were at my dad hunting camp, myself, my grandfather, and my dad and his brother and a couple of guys that we hunt with. It was a beautiful Sunday morning. When I got up, all of these were in color and we were there to cut wood for the upcoming fire and deer season. So I'd asked my dad when I got up if I could go for a walk or go go our grouse hunting for a couple hours before we started wood, and Dad I said, yes you can, but I want you back here in two hours. Said okay. So I grabbed my hat and I grabbed my pump shot gun, and off down the road I went, and I walked. We had a lot of property, and I walked up this ravine and sat in a seat that was my uncle Charlie's. And I sat down in the seat for a while the rest as I walked a fair distance and I could hear something coming behind me, running very quickly. So I turned watch and here comes the red fox running right at me. I had no intention of harming the fox at all. I was marveling how fast he could run, and also I wonder what stirred him up, because I was the only guy around, and back then there were very few people in that part of the county, within about a mile of Lake Superior. So he disappeared from my site. I sat a little bit more than I decided I was going to walk back down the ravine out to the road and check a bear bait station that I had set up for a hunting. I had a bear permit, so it was a bit of a walk to get there, probably a good mile to go down these locking roads that Dad had to get to the seat. And my bait was on a small knoll. But I was walking through an area of sugar maple sugar maple stand and it had been damped that morning. We'd had a frost and the leaves were thawing, so it was very quiet walking. And I was walking up towards the knoll and I could see where I had tied the pail of just fish bait I had out there for the bears, and they had been coming for a couple of weeks. And I saw that the pail was pulled down, which is something I had done by design, as I knew a bear was up there, and I was strong enough to staff the rope to get the pail down. So I walked up onto the knoll and in front of me was this very large, hairy creature was I thought at that time was a bear. I didn't really know anything else. I didn't know about bigfoot. I knew nothing of that at my age at that time, and I stood there looking at this thing, thinking that is a really big bear. He was facing away from me, so his butt was facing me, and that's all I could see was his backside, and I was about fifty feet away. I was standing kind of a skew to him. I had my pump shotgun. I wasn't afraid at all because I just thought it was a bear. So I knew I wasn't going to shoot that bear with a shotgun. I had got myself control with them. My grandfather would have been very unhappy with me. I had no intention of doing it anyway. I just been there watching, looking at this very large one I thought was a bear. It picked his head up a couple of times, and looking around, I had the win in my face. I could smell him. He smelled bad, like a wet dog, as I recall, and I could see the back of his head a couple of times. It's kind of a funny shape, not around like I've seen bears. I've seen a lot of bear than the woods. At that time, when I was out in the withs with my dad and my grandpa, and all of a sudden he picked his head up, but he's looking around again. I couldn't see the front. I could only see the back of his head and his behind. He put his head down one more time, and then he picked his head back up and it took off, running straight away from me. And it had a very funny gait. It didn't run like a bear. I had a funny gait. And the best thing I could describe it was it ran like a chimpanzee. When I was a kid, we used to watch the TV show called Doc Try and Doc Torry had a kid panzee and cheetah, and we watched it as kids, and we became familiar with that, and that's the best way I can describe it. Would run again. It ran straight away from me, down the little knoll and then on into the timber, and I stood there thinking, is that thing injured? What is that? Was that an injured bear? And again I was just a kid. I didn't know. So it disappeared and I shrugged it off and said, I better get back to camp. Now. Dad's going to be waiting for me, and if I'm laid, I'll be in trouble. So I turned and walked back through the stand of timber that I'd gone through before. And I was just about out to the old loggy road and I could hear something to my left. It would walk when I I would walk, it would stop when I would stop, and I would look and look and look like, what is that? And I walked out to the road. I looked down the road both ways. I didn't see anything, and I turned to walk south. I was heading back to the hunting camp, and it happened again. It would walk when I would walk, it would stop when I would stop. So a couple of times I stopped really abruptly at the fool it and it would take a couple of steps to stop, and I was looking and looking. I couldn't see what it was. And it did this and follow me, if you will, off to my left for probably a couple hundred yards. Again, I wasn't scared. I thought, oh it bear must be following me. And I wasn't worried at all. I'd have a caring. I wasn't afraid of anything at that age. And as I got near to the hunting camp, I could hear a chain saw started up, and that was my dad calling me get back here. Well. Once the chain saw started up, I couldn't hear it anymore. I got back to camp, and I told my dad and my grandpa and uncle and the guys what I had seen the fox, and then this is what I thought was a bear, and then it was following me like that. And they all listened to me very intently, but they really didn't say anything, but I could see in their face like, yeah, here's a teenage boy with a wild imagination. But I said, I know what I saw, and I know what happened. And all these guys were World War two, Korean War in Vietnam best, all big, tall guys had fear of nothing, which always was comforting to me when I was growing up to have these guys are all really big guys around me. And that was the end of my experience. But for years I hadn't put it in the back of my mind. I hadn't thought about it at all till probably twenty years ago or so. My dad was telling me a story where he had walked down one of the ridges at our camp. He's very elderly now. When he was younger, he walked a lot, and Dad was talking about him walking down one of the bridges and he heard a bear bellow, Well, bears don't bellow. Bears don't make any noise. But that's was his explanation, and I didn't really who was not on my very much. I mean, I just say, Dad, what is it telling? Well, it was the bear bellow, Well, bears don't do that. I didn't say anything to him out of respect, but when he said that, it reminded me of that day I saw this what I thought was a bearer creature in the woods, and I began wondering what did I see? By then, if Bigfoot was a thing, this would have probably been two thousand and eight when he told me that story. And so Bigfoot was a thing. We were watching stories about it, the Patterson Gimmlin film, other films, and so I started thinking about my experience, and then I started thinking about what Dad hurt. So from there I again put it out of my head. I didn't think much about it. Life went on. I had gotten married, I had kids, I'd been active duty for seven years. One day I was spending some time with my daughter and my grandchildren, and my grandchild loved to hear her stories, and so I told them my story. And I had never told anybody that until probably within the last four years. I subsequently shared that story a couple other times, but I had never really told anybody, and Rachel's that My daughter said, Dad, you never told us about that when we were little. I said, well, Rachel, I kind of forgot about it up until Grandpa was mentioning his experience and all of it came flooding back to me. And it wasn't like I was afraid of ridicule or anything. I just life ad gun on for me. I hadn't thought about it until that time. Well, once I did, I decided I wasn't going to talk much about it because people are going to look at me funny and they're going to maybe ridicule. I just decided to keep it to myself. So I told my ha their daughter, but it happened to me and Grandpa's experience, and they both kind of looked at me kind of funny. But I said, girls, I know what I saw, I know what I smelled, I know what I heard, I know what I experienced. I said, I don't think that was a bear. I'm not sure because I couldn't see the front, but everything about that animal and how it ran and be following all these years later, I'm starting to put two and two together. Subsequently, I watched a number of YouTube channels listen to people share get their testimony, and I wonder what it was I saw that day back about nineteen seventy six or seventy seven, I'd have been fifteen at the time, and we knew nothing about the Gimlin film, Patty or these other experiences that people have even in the Midwest. But I do now, and I'm glad to share it. It's not like we getting off my chest. I haven't hit it. Just in the last few years. I thought, you know, I got to share this. I got to talk about this because something happened to me.
Speaker 1: Brett, Thank you, Thank you for sharing that.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 1: A pretty rare encounter for this podcast, because we don't get to hear a lot about the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We hear a lot of about the Pacific Northwest, other kind of popular states with Bigfoot, but it is pretty pretty special to hear something about this particular state, especially up in the Upper Peninsula. Do you mind if I ask you some questions about what you experienced that day?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Awesome. The first thing would be more about the area, And I'm just looking at the map of Marquette County, and I know things that on the map might not have been specifically there back then. I'm not really up with the history about Michigan and the Upper Peninsula, but I do notice that there's a state forest area in south Marquette County. Was it around that area at all or no?
Speaker 2: No, Northern Marquette County, Okay, within a mile of Lake Superior, And that area that we were in is largely private land. To this day, it is very heavily wooded. It is remote and like my dad used to laugh, we could walk so far back in the Wizarren even any deer. It's not quite like that anymore, but it was then.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Do you think there could be to this day bigfoot activity up in that area.
Speaker 2: In our area where our hunting camp is. I don't know Jeremiah anymore because there's more people around, But as you get up towards the more northern tip of Market County, it's uh. In the here on mountains, that's very possible. It's very remote, large large shocks of private land that people don't get around in much because it's private, and it would not surprise me, and there's lakes and game and fish in heavily wooded it's it would not it would not surprise me. We have timberwolves. My brother got a photo of a mountain lion and west.
Speaker 1: Of there on Argon Cally Big for Society will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: That sure, you just move so you never know what you're gonna run too, because once you get away from the cities like Marquette where he got issuing, it's very it's still to this day very remote.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Now your sighting is also unique because it sounds like for most of the sighting, really you just saw a back view of the creature.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, I was about fifty feet away. I mean I was fairly close, but all I could see was him or her down on the ground, you know, cleaning up the fish parts that I had in the pail. It was eating those. I really couldn't hear it per se, but I could smell them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so it was eating the fish parts. Now, was it using its hands to eat the fish or just like you know, putting its head down there and chew and chound down on them.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of ferns back and fern, and so I couldn't really tell if it was using his hands or just using eating when it is in his mouth. That's a very good question. I couldn't see. I couldn't tell.
Speaker 1: You also mentioned that you had called out specifically its backside, which is very interesting. Was there any any detail about the backside that really jumped out to you in your memory or or it was just like, man, that that's just really weird.
Speaker 2: My first thought at that age was this is a really big bear. I mean of this furry or hairy, dark, not black, and black bears aren't necessarily black either. There's always a little tinge of cinnamon or brown, and this animal had the same thing. I would say that the fur was probably in around four inches long. It was pretty thick, no tail, There was no tail or. I could see the muscles in its headquarters and on its flanks, but there were some ferns, so I couldn't see his feet. And if i'd have been able to see his feet, then I would have said, oh wow. But I could not see his feet. They could clearly see this animal. It was big, and I was not afraid. I was not anything. I was marveling at what I thought was a very big bear.
Speaker 1: Interesting at that time. Then whatever you saw was standing up on two legs, for it was.
Speaker 2: On force, and it ran on for it it ran on for and its gates and how it ran and all four was not like a bear I have seen. And I spent all my life at that time. I was only fifty or sixteen, and it was with my dad and my grandpa, and we spent a lot of time and seen bears and other animals, and we just spent a lot of our lives looking for him, looking at them. But that thing ran by something I hadn't seen before. That was remarkable.
Speaker 1: Now you already called out that it was very chimpanzee like. For those may have not seen that before. Are you able to describe what it's like when a chimpanzee runs.
Speaker 2: Like its front legs are like reaching out to grab something. It's back legs. It's kind of a hop, like I'm chimp, and see what hop? They tend to run a little sideways. I watched some videos since then, and when I saw like Cheetah on doctor Run, I watched a YouTube here I looked and I said, there it is. That's how it ran. I couldn't see the front though. I can only see the great big butt and watch it run through the brush and matt very quickly. But I could see its front legs like it was grabbing something, and I thought, that's an odd gate. And I thought, what if that thing is injured. It's got to hurt back or it's flanks or hurt or something, because it's not running like any bear I'd ever seen.
Speaker 1: Was there any tail to the what you saw?
Speaker 2: No? No, I couldn't see a tail. You really couldn't see a tail on a black bear either, But no, And nothing stuck out to me as remarkabout that. Just a very big backside.
Speaker 1: So when you look at you know, some some frames of the Patterson Gimmlin film or even if you watch it, you can really see the muscles, especially in the legs. And I'm gonna shout out my buddy Jonathan Easley for for pointing this out to me. You can really see those muscles, Ripple. Was that anything where you could see the muscles at all when this thing moved away from you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I could see his glutes, but you can see that on the bear sometimes too. I could see his glutes when it ran, I could see that, and what was do issue one of the fur on his flank I really got my best look at it was the from the back and a little bit to the left, but it just ran straight away through me. But yeah, I was close enough. I could see. I could see foods, you know, it's butt muscles and its legs. And again, at that age, Jeremiah, I thought nothing of it. I just thought that was another bear and it had a very weird gait.
Speaker 1: Absolutely was the whole thing covered with hair? Yeah, okay, what color?
Speaker 2: Brown? And dark? I would say black with some brown to it. No, I never saw some belly or its chest or neck or face because it was away from me. But what I saw was about was about I'm about be four inches long. I would say, thick and black, nearly black to brown, very dark, very very dark. I would say. If you asked me back in that day, I said that was black.
Speaker 1: Were there parts that you could see that had either worn down hair or was the hair pretty much the same all the way around.
Speaker 2: On his backside? It looked all the same to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, he had a funny head.
Speaker 2: He had a funny head. Though he picked the head up a couple of times that did not have the shape of a normal bear. It was I'm not gonna say it's point. People say conical. I say, yeah, kind of conical. But I see a lot of bear in my life at that point. And that was the other thing. I thought, well, that's kind of a funny shaped head. And then the way it ran for two things that stick out and stick out in my mind.
Speaker 1: Did it seem to have a neck at all that you could see?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit when it ran, Yeah, when it ran on all four you could see the head sticking out from the from the shoulders a little bit, which were big, but the whole animal was big, but it had that gate or not normal.
Speaker 1: So getting having that viewpoint, did you were you able to see any ears on the head at all?
Speaker 2: No? No, No, that was picking up like a bear. Nope.
Speaker 1: And I think that would be well, I'm going to ask you, well, if you thinking of everything that you remember that day, what would you say was the number one detail that made you be like, oh, yeah, that was not a bear?
Speaker 2: The gate? The gate, The gate set me out Heremiah, and then the other little parts I thought about over years coming together, But it was the gate I've seen lots of bear. I hunted bear. This thing, this, this creature did not run like a Michigan black bear.
Speaker 1: Nope, Nope, How would How does a Michigan black bear usually how would they usually move in that type of situation?
Speaker 2: Run like a dog? Yep, run like a dog, a big dog.
Speaker 1: Also, I would think that the other, the other big thing for me would be that no visible ears. That is, that's a huge deal looking at pictures of bear like So I'll ask you, I mean, you usually would be seeing visible ears if you are dealing with an actual bear.
Speaker 2: Correct, you would see I'm the bigger the head, the smaller the ears look, but you always see that ear is picking up no matter what, you'll see the ears. And only a couple of people and my girls too. So Daddy, could you see any ears in that thing? And I had to think back and be objective about I mean, I'm an environmental scientist, so I'm also the world's biggest skeptic walking along. You got to prove things to me, right, and so being objective about it, running it through my mind said you know what I did not I did not see I did not see yours. I did not see a tail, and I just saw a really big.
Speaker 1: Butt when it was running away from you. Were you, at any time able to see the bottom of the feet at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep. No hair, Okay, no hair. Black bears don't have hair in the bottom of their feet either, right.
Speaker 1: Do you remember any color of what the skin looked like?
Speaker 2: Gray? Okay, yep, because it would flash. I could see him running until he got about sixty yards out. Then it just all I could see was this big black thing running through the woods really fast. But yeah, when he took off you, I could see the bottom of him. But I've seen that before and again add that age. I was at Jeremiah at the point, was thinking it was just another bear, but they were gray, black bear feed gray depends who being walking through clay. His feet are going to be the color of the soils the end. But I was gonna stand up sugar, maple and hemlock, so there's nothing like that around. It's just all these so those feet will be fairly clean, one would think. But that's that's a good question, and that's that's what I saw a yach at.
Speaker 1: C Street when it was running. Was do you think it was able to run at the same amount of speed that a bear would or what did it seem to be faster?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, black bear, even a big black bear can run really fast. And this thing moved really fast. Would I say is faster than a bear? Because of the gate was so different than a bear, I can't judge that, But now I can tell you that when it took off running and disappeared very quickly.
Speaker 1: Did you see anything that made you think that the arms and the legs were the same length or maybe they wore different lengths.
Speaker 2: Well, I I've got to think about this second, because it ran with a different gate and like a chimp. I looked at that thing too, is there you know? The arm the front legs looked longer than the back, but then the bears can look like that. But but its gates is what threw me. The front legs were definitely longer, and I couldn't you know, make out the pause, but you can see when it runs, it's like it's reaching for something, like it's trying to grab a hold of the earth and pull itself forward. That's what it looked like. That's not what he was doing or sheet, but that's what it looked like to me. Like it was reaching out to grab bear. Doesn't run like that. They're not run like that. I've seen them run lots of times, not like that.
Speaker 1: That is it's extremely interesting. It'll be interesting to see if people reach out from that same area. Since you were, you know, pretty specific in explaining you know, the area where this happened. Thank you for doing that. Is a very very interesting. Now, sometimes when individuals have a sighting like this, it will affect or they'll start to notice other weird things in their life afterwards. Did you have anything else weird happen in your life as you grew up into adulthood.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've had a couple of weird things. But then I've had seven years of active duty sure overseas. It's been deployed twice, so there's yeah, there's plenty of weird things happen. Oh yeah, yeah, I have weird things happened, But that's probably that is in the top five of five of weird things that happened in his life. And people have said to me, oh, you saw bear, Well you said that to me in nineteen seventy six or seventy say, and I said, yeh, that's what I saw. But I've learned a bit, and I've become quite a bit older. And I'm a professing environmental scientist. I am a skeptic. I scrutinize, I study, I sample. That's what I do, Jeremiah, That's what I've done all my working life outside of act duty. So I can sit back without using imagination and recall that day what I saw, what I heard, and what I smelled. And somebody say that was a bear in me, I say, I don't think so. I lived long enough to say nah, I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that. I've been back to that spot many times. I was grouse hunting with a close friend of mine. We walked up and over that knoll, and I can remember that day very distinctly. I'm not afraid I never saw it again. I don't want anybody else did. I sure would like to have a discussion my grandpa. He's long gone now, he was quite elderly then, and ask Grandpa if he'd ever had an experience like that. Maybe he'll say so, maybe one, but I'll never know. He's gone now. But I would have loved to have that conversation with Grandpa. Do you remember that day and then it never happened to you because when he was in Michigan, it was right around the turnith century and he grew really old and he had some great stories, but I never heard him tell him like that.
Speaker 1: Being an individual that has to really notice details because of the different things you've done over the years from what you were looking at that day and what you remember did what you saw did what you saw is seem more ape like or more human, or maybe something completely different.
Speaker 2: I would say the gate is what I focused on in these recent years.
Speaker 1: Jeremiah Big for society will be right back. After these messages.
Speaker 2: Ran like like I said, like Cheetah on Doc Cary, And I say it that way because anybody that grew up when I did in the seventies, that's what you watched on TV and it was a cool show. You can still find that on YouTube. And I refreshed my memory by looking for doctor on YouTube. Sure enough, I find one and they'll have a you know, a clip of Cheetah running across a yard. And I said, my point at it, I said, there it is, that's it right there, That's what I saw. Only really big on all.
Speaker 1: Fours when you were walking back to the others, And I know you heard that, you know you heard the creature moved through the woods. What other sounds were you hearing that day in the woods?
Speaker 2: Really nothing else. The wind was calm. It had been very frosty, so it has to be a very still night to be frosty. I didn't couldn't hear anything in the nearest county road from where I was walking was a solid mile through up woods, and anybody that grew up there knows up woods's and thick woods. It blocks a lot of sound. And I could hear I could walk down the road the leaves in the road or Dad. But walking in the woods, you snap a branch, crunchy crunch, That's what I could hear off on my left. And again it would walk when I would walk, it would stop when I stopped. And this is like I said, anyone on for probably two hundred yards as I was walking down this whole logan room which was dirt, there leaves on it. And when Dad started a chainsaw, I don't know if it's scared it away or what, or I just couldn't hear it. But it was no longer following me, and it probably knew there were some guys that camp. And again these were all really big guys, not afraid of anything. So and I was afraid. I wasn't. I thought I was a bear. Chere am I figure this dog on taking its fallowing back to camp? See how close he gets? I thought, my Grandpa and I, we'll see something happen. But it didn't. It's it quit.
Speaker 1: Was your dad starting up the chainsaw to get you to come back? Was that a normal thing he would do?
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah, because he would grow a patient and he started remembering chainsaw. It was you know, get your butt back here or it's going to be trouble. And I was already on my way. So yeah, that was him call on the kid back because we had work to do.
Speaker 1: That's funny, I mean, yeah, it makes sense like back then, you wouldn't. You wouldn't have a way of you know, there's no electronics really out there, and you know you didn't have cell phone or walkie talkies or anything you know that works.
Speaker 2: Definitely. Yeah, you had to watch. You had a compass and if you're late, you better have a good excuse. Well I had to watching the compass, but I had no excuse. But I got back when he when he fired that chainsaw. And I listened to the stories, all four of those four or five of those guys. You're all standing there, listen to me. Tell me in the story A fifteen year old skinny kid, my dad, six foot two, way over two hundred pounds, his brother, my grandpa, the other guys with all World War two, Korean War. Yeah, I BET's afraid of nothing. They listened to me, but you could sell. You could see the look of skepticism on their face, like a sure I said, I know what I saw, I know what I smelled, and I know what I heard. No one's ever going to change that, and to this day has not. I'm sixty two now.
Speaker 1: When you so, it sounded like you spent a lot of time out there in those woods over the years. Did you ever hear any sounds that just did not really belong or that were, you know, a little weird or anything like that.
Speaker 2: The only other weird thing I heard was I was hunting bear at that same spot. Might have been a year later. Back then. You can get a bear permit over the counter in Michigan. Wow, I heard I heard a bobcat screech. That was the weirdest thing for me other than other than that. No, no tree knocks, No, nothing like that. I've never heard that in my life, and at that time I wouldn't have known it anyway. But nothing out of place, just just that day. And I've been back there before. I've hunted deer around there, and the guys in our camp. Gosh, this is what fifty years later? Almost No, And I always wonder when I go out there. I would love to see that again. I'm not afraid of it. I would love to experience that again. See that again. So I don't have to ask Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates, Hey, dude, what did I see right?
Speaker 1: Show me again, Saint Peter. Definitely. Yeah. You are currently an environmental scientist as of today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for thirty four years.
Speaker 1: So I'm just gonna ask. I'm just going to ask. You can decline, you know, because of your current do you do you have any thoughts regarding I'm sure you have some really interesting thoughts, you know, being a environmental scientist about possible conservation, you know, possible. Does conservation need to be a thing if these are actually discovered? Or what the implications are if you know sasquatch is discovered in an area someday, is that anything you might have any thoughts about.
Speaker 2: I thanks for asking that, Jam I have thought about that a lot. I'm not sure how much effect that would have in Michigan, but I'm in the Pacific Northwest, in the Southeast, where timber products are the backbone of livelihoods and industry. It could have a significant impact negatively on the economy. I think that if we discovered they are, they are there, and I'm not far from making up my mind that they are after my experience. We have to think about that, and there's steps of preservation that don't have to be so impactful to industry into livelihoods. But we're not talking about a spot at owl, and we're not talking about you know, small mammals and birds that we take conservation measures. For me, this is a big animal. This thing is big in these areas is ranged eat. So when scientists and industry and legislature come together on deciding what are we gonna do about this now, it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. If industry is gonna have a lot to say about it, very very strong political action committees lobbyists that are gonna lesson want to lessen the blow to industry once we find these things are exactly what we think they are. It's I don't know what will happen. It'll be you need to do. I think that they need to be protected just like any other of God's creatures. We need to need to protect that. If someone needs to defend themselves like I would, I'm I'm not going down. No, I'm not going down and knowing anyone else for that matter. But that is a really interesting question how industry and the legislature would come together to come up with them preservation plan, protection plan or something for a bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's such an interesting thing because if you if you look at the big picture over the years, every now and then another county will pop up with, hey, don't if you see a bigfoot, don't shoot it or you'll get a fine, or you know, they'll be these these different they'll they'll be these these things that won't be a fun time if you do take action against it. And it's just it's interesting how maybe it's more of a kind of a slow burn. I mean, this is just me talking but maybe slow Burn preparing for something that might be coming out in the future. Who knows. You know, it's there's people that reach out to me, like you know, park rangers and forestry workers do reach out to me. They don't they don't really come on the show. But you know, if those individuals did start to come on the show, there could be some real solid information that starts to get put out there.
Speaker 2: So I'm a good friend of mine that frequents Kentucky as friends there. He lives in Michigan. He grew up a mile from me, and it's been in those same woods with me, and he he was he was a lifer. His whole career was after Judy the Army. His friends in Kentucky near Fort Knox. He travels down there to see them to get away from winter, and they like to go Cavis, foreigner, speelunking, whatever you call it. And he came back one year and I said, hey, how was your trip on? I was great, But we got to a camp around one of the caves in a park. Ranger I was telling us about Bigfoot said, what what are you talking about? He said, yeah, you guys, might I want to park here? Somebody saw one and the ranger was telling both things, and Tom said, he looked at ranger square in the eye and he said, sir, I have a combat vet, I am former army and you you've got me worried now for him to say that there's something to be worried about. And the ranger said, I'm just telling you what we were told. And they did not camp there. His decision and their decision was and their crew their jeepers was yeah, maybe we'll go to town.
Speaker 1: So wow, And that was Kentucky.
Speaker 2: He said, yeah. And he's a combat vet, sixteen years active duty National Guard, deployed all around the world. He's got two other buddies. It's the same thing, and they're all looking at each other with given this guy kind of Harry eyeball. But it's come from a ranger, so that means something. And they took us out, he said, Brett, I said, well, what did you do? We got in the car and we left. I said, well, I'm sure that ranger understands the economic impact telling people those kind of things because you left. But the word gets around. We were all connected now in the internet email. Yeah, and I'm not the only guy. He told that story too, But he's just looking at me and shaking his head. I've never told him my story. Tom's never heard me tell my story ever, never, ever, But yet he had one of his own. No, he didn't get to see it. It was second hand from a park ranger. But it was enough for him and his buddies and their families to go somepce else.
Speaker 1: That's wild. I wonder if that was around the Mammoth Cave area.
Speaker 2: That exactly, That is exactly where it was.
Speaker 1: Man, you do this for five years and you start to get really good at guessing. Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was what Tom said. And I don't talk to Tom much anymore. He was far away, but yeah, it was a mammoth caves and and that was one of their favorite things to do all year long, was the jeep over there and hike and ste long and you do what you're allowed to do. But after that occasion, I don't think he's there went back. That sucks for a camp at park service.
Speaker 1: But yeah, did you say that was just a few years ago, you said.
Speaker 2: Or within the last four years? Oh? Man, kay, in the last four or five years. That was his experience. And I said, and he's a very curious fellow. I'm afraid of Zeo, And I said, you didn't plan out, you didn't want to stay and find it yourself. When the park ranger trol of sat, he said, thank you. We are home, back to whatever town that they were in. You didn't understand guys like that. They're not afraid of anything, deserts form Afghanistan. They've been through a lot of stuff. But he did. He he went home.
Speaker 1: M extremely interesting man, Brett. Thank you so much for for hanging out with me tonight and and for sharing it. He really interesting. There's not many accounts where it's just this viewpoint of the creature that I've taken, So this is a very very interesting one. I'm glad you came on the show tonight to share what you experienced that day.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the opportunity. I've told this story a couple other times, and every time I tell it, I start to remember a couple of things. The question you had about the ears, I hadn't thought about that much, but I have a vivid memory in my mind what I saw and the feats, and so you joggle a couple of things in my mind. Jeremi that were details I hadn't thought of in a long time, not that I gossed over, just no one ever asked me, and I didn't have to think about it, right I am.
Speaker 1: Now there you go. Well, if anything else, you know, if you ever come across anything else out there, feel free to reach out Brett. But I appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, great, thanks for the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Just want to take a few minutes to say thank you to you all my listeners for listening to the podcast. Please take a minute to help out the show by subscribing on YouTube, making sure you hit the bell so you don't miss any notifications, and share the episode on YouTube with a friend. Also, if you're listening to us on a podcast, thank you so much, make sure that you're subscribed, share the show with a friend. Really, it's all about sharing the show wherever you can. If you've had a Bigfoot encounter related to the following, or know someone who has, please reach out to me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com or pass on my email. Here's the list. Number one encounters from Franklin County, Texas. Number two encounters from the entire state of Iowa. Number three encounters from Oakridge, Oregon or the surrounding area. Number four, any individuals that know about bigfoot being flown off after the Mount Saint Helens eruption. Number five individuals that have had a bigfoot encounter while in the military. Number six those that have had a bigfoot encounter in the southern New Hampshire or north central Massachusetts area including Franklin County, Massachusetts. Number seven individuals that have had a bigfoot encounter in a Bible camp or boy Scout camp setting. Number eight individuals that have had bigfoot try to enter their house forcibly while they were living inside. Number nine individuals that have actively have a bigfoot living on their property. And lastly, any sightings that are in the Watchitaw National Forest area of Oklahoma or Arkansas. A special thank you to all the Bigfoot Society, Patreon and YouTube channel members. It's your support that helps keep the show going and I extremely appreciate it. I'll see you back next time. Listeners sassat Summerfest this year July eleventh through the twelfth. It's going to be fantastic July eleventh through twelve. Else in Greenwaters Park and Oakridge, Oregon and listeners. If you're going to go, you can get a two day ticket for the cost of one if you use the code b f S like Bigfoot Society, but BFS it'll get used some off your cost. Priscilla wasn't nice enough to provide that for my listeners. So there you go. I look forward to seeing you there, so make sure you head over to www dot Sasquatch Summerfest dot com and pick up your tickets today