Speaker 1: Four Finger Discount is proudly brought to you by our supporters on Patreon. By supporting our show, you not only gain early and add free access to each episode, but you also get over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including our exclusive reviews of Futurama, King of the Hill, Seinfeld, and more. So go ahead and join the four figure discount family today at patreon dot com slash four finger discount.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank god you're okay? Were you guys gone? We were gone for two weeks. I didn't even notice. I just made a thirty seven hundred mile car trip. We need to wash up? Whoa never leave again?
Speaker 3: A four finger discount dude.
Speaker 1: Welcome two to four finger Discount. We're back this week with a season twenty review. It's episode two of season twenty.
Speaker 4: It is last for a razin. I'm Dan and I am Guy. Yes, aka the episode where I'd say a few of the Simpsons execs and Fox execs and anyone else lucky enough to be involved gets a free Verizon cell phone plan.
Speaker 1: I watched this one and I went, we now officially need to start doing merch. What a lord right, It's gonna be some of them. Oh, Yeah, another one is a bunch of stuff is happening. This episode was just a bunch of stuff happening. It was Bar gets a cell phone, hilarity ensues.
Speaker 4: Gets some wacky pranks. Wacky pranks happened. Well when I say waky three, yeah, there were a couple of others.
Speaker 1: I guess, but I see. I enjoyed this though. I enjoyed it for what it was. It wasn't, by no means a really good episode. I'm gonna throw it out there. This episode was just there. Right, It's just one of those episodes.
Speaker 4: It's just there. To me.
Speaker 1: What took me out of the moment was it felt so pointless in the sense that a whole whole basis, the whole backbone of their plot is that they're trying to find bart right, call.
Speaker 4: His fucking phone. We're still in the infancy of mobile phones. The technology is still weird and unpredictable with something there's two thousand and eight my mum, Margaret Mary on a mobile phone by this stage, Yes, that's and.
Speaker 1: We all know how to call phones. You know, this is the thing. Where's but why is he going here? Call him and ask him?
Speaker 4: Also, yeah, it's it's we do a lot of things on our phones these days. Yeah, they're multi purpose, wonderful instruments, but they're primarily a telephone. You can call people on the telephone. Yes, why don't you do that? That's a very good point.
Speaker 1: Down the whole episode just falls in a heat once you realize, what did they just call him? I just went I just I can't. It's fine. I'm trying to enjoy what you've got here as a story, but I can't ignore the fact that they're not calling him.
Speaker 4: It does. Yeah, the point is, oh, they're monitoring their spying. It's meant to be kind of a secret, you know, if they call. But wait a minute, how do you know where if I'm not where I say I am or something like that. I wholly understand that. But at the same time, yes, you've just basically you've sunk this episode's battleship. Check mate. I miss the thing I like last Verizon, see it.
Speaker 1: I thought there was a basis for a really good story here, actually, because you had the idea of mother. Marge had a similar story with making. But Marge, well I know Marge wanted to not baby her so much. Yes, and margin needs to not be so protective and watch over Bart so much. Right, so she needs to learn as a parent. Bart is old enough now to be able to do things. I trusting to go do things by himself, right, but also needs to learn and understand I want to be independent, I'm becoming more dependent, bust to need my mom.
Speaker 4: Yes, with great freedom comes great responsibility.
Speaker 1: And there was what it took way too long into the episode before they got to that point, right, because they need to be got.
Speaker 4: Far into the episode, and pretty much the end of the episode.
Speaker 1: Wasn't It was like the last third, I want to say, because Bart was at home, Oh yeah, scared and having during the day and scared whatnot? That should have been the episode, right. You need to find a better way to have the family outside of the house though, because the family being outside of the house pure because they're not calling his phone, the're trying.
Speaker 4: To track this fight.
Speaker 1: It was just it was ridiculous. It was just too ridiculous to buy into. But you need to have more repercussions for the actions. And we don't hear say Bart never confronts his parents for tracking him. The whole basis of the story was you're tracking Bart you shouldn't be doing that. Well, there's no resolution to that story. He gets back home and he goes, never leave me again. But the whole basis of it was that he was annoyed that they're tracking him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they didn't. They didn't have that conversation. Who do you think the episode is saying, is in the wrong or is anyone in the wrong.
Speaker 1: No, one's in the wrong. But that's the problem is they don't give you a resolution. So the resolution should have been we're both wrong, we're both right, but look, we need to find a middle ground here. I trust you to do things. But it needed to end with music. Cue Bart saying yes, Mum, I'm ten, I can do things for myself, but I'll always need my mom.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, that needs to be the underwing message, some way to communicate that.
Speaker 1: I always need my mum and and hope it can say me too, Yeah, sure, but he'll always need This should have been a Marge be not proud, march butt moment ending, and we just didn't get it. There was just it was always like they just didn't know where they were going. There's just let's just see where it goes.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean, well, You've got to wonder what the start point for this episode, what was the foundation of it?
Speaker 1: Well, the foundation was the Bart. What in your phone?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 1: What was the very start of the other side.
Speaker 4: The foundation of the bear. No, I'm not talking about the actual start of the story. I'm talking about what what are we saying with this episode? What are we doing this?
Speaker 1: Well, but but what's the Yeah, this was Bart wanting to be fit in at school because he was the only one that didn't have a phone, right, and then Marge eventually she doesn't want to buy the focus. She doesn't want him to have that independence. He wants to be somewhat independent. That that's that's the basis of the story. Marge doesn't want just wants to be ever protective. Mart wants to say, I don't need you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's the what am I looking for? The core conflict of this? But what's independence? I can do it by myself. Yeah, Marge wants to monitor there in lies the conflict.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, it needed to end with bartessentially.
Speaker 4: Also, and also, Verizon, there's no sponsoring this episode quote unquote sponsoring this episode, I thought. And also we've got access to Dennis Leary. Dennis said, Hey, I'd love to be on an episode of the Simpsons, and we don't know how to fit Dennis Leary.
Speaker 1: And I just thought I was getting vibes of whenever Dennis Leary' is not on the screen, everyone should be saying, where Dennis Leary? How many times do you hear someone say Dennis Leary in this Dennis Leary, Dennis Leary, Dennis Leary. I thought I was sick of Dennis Theleary by the end of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and in all honesty, I mean two thousand and eight. I'm wondering which stage of his career he was that was he doing that cop that fire show? I think I think Rescuing Me had been going for a couple of years before this good show E scu Me by the way, Yeah, for a while, and went on something like five or six seasons, So it might have started in the early two thousand.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what they had to acknowledge the voice of that movie that you're in that movie. You like that Diego character. Well, yeah, I think that's for the kids at home, because kids as a kid, and he doesn't know who the fuck is Tennis Leary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think there's too many people buying the CD of No Cure for Cancer or chan Our Judgment Night asshole.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, so that even that it's one of these weird guys where he's like super popular because of that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah when you if you see viewers, and he parlayed that into a pretty decent career.
Speaker 1: In terms of I think it was The Dad and the Sandlot Kids, Yeah yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Demolisher Man he was. He had a bit put in Demolition Man, basically playing Dennis Leary. I mean he just did a Denis Leary riff.
Speaker 1: I think demolished demolition What is it?
Speaker 4: Demolishing? Demolishing? There is a well known science fiction book called The Demolished Man. Okay, yes, who's demolished by Alfred Bester, one of the Martin Princess Faves Rescue me. I'm just gonna pear. Two thousand and four started as seven seasons. Yeah, I mean, it's a it's a good show, and I think we I've forgotten which show we did on TV launch Pod where I sort of talked about the whole bunch of those shows on FX that have just struck this middle gram because they don't have the HBO budget, but they've got HBO ambition and ideas, stuff like Rescue Me, Damages and others too that I can't remember off the top of my head. I was a huge Denis Leary guy, certainly in the from When Arshole Came Out and is Comedy Special No Cure for Cancer. When I auditioned for I auditioned for NIDER, the National Institute Dramatic Arts. It's the premiere acting school here in Australia. I did not get in, but that's why I'm here. But now i'm pardcasting, so fuck you, Nat. But you had to you had to do at least one Shakespeare so I did something from Henry in the Fifth but you also had to do a couple of other monologues, and one I did was a bit from No Cure for Cancer. Really yeah, yeah, I was actually pretty happy with it.
Speaker 1: I used to always confuse Dennis when I was a kid with William Dafoe. Oh, I always go, isn't he the guy that was the Green Goblin. No, it's not the same person. It's just will more briekly version.
Speaker 4: Of They're not They're not dissimilar in something.
Speaker 1: Some similar imagine like ten years old looking at him. Yeah, that person. Yeah, but I've just noticed it. By the way, your lovely Louise looks very much like Kelly Thorne.
Speaker 4: We're talking about the Coastar of Rescue Me starring Dennis Leary.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, I was look at the castle, like, is that the lovely Louise?
Speaker 4: Look at Kelly Thorne here?
Speaker 1: All right, that's Anos. Look at Cally Thorne again. All right, that's Kelly Thorne.
Speaker 4: Loos pretty no, no didsuspect to Kellyhorn. But you know you should be walking around saying I look like Louise Chance, you'd be winning arts all over town. But look, Dennis Leary, I actually thought he was okay in this. I mean he just took too long to get to the story. Yeah, he was doing his stick and I look, I admired that he was game enough that they were sort of taking potshots in his career is like, what are you talking about? The show that's been canceled, the show that's bad to be canceled. Yeah, he's had his run of things like that, and not one of these guys, one of these guys who's worked consistently and as a name brand, but never really sort of broke through. Not a megastar, not an a lister, but oh god, certainly in the early early in the mid nineteen nineties. I mean, yeah, he was on magazine covers, and yeah he was when we had MTV. You know, he was sort of doing little bits and pieces in that between music videos, he'd be sort of doing little comedy stick bits, and yeah, I'm never unhappy to see him. But at the same time, this kind of feels like they pulled the name out of a hat. This could be could have been anyone. Yeah, like we could have got any celebrity sell phone. I mean I almost feel if I was Leary, I'd feel a bit kind of like, you don't want me to sort of be a character or anything like that, want to be myself And oh, okay, well, I guess this is what I'd say in this situation. Or if I had a punk kit on the other end of the line, I'd be saying this tom blah blah blah. It's entertaining enough, but it's also nice to get a guest spot from Brian. Is that we need to rob Ron Howard holding her bags and money again, still my favorite, one of my favorites, but Yeah, we were talking about ice Age before. They've just announced a sixth one. Yeah, they're bringing their band back together. I think it's going to be Ray Romano, John Leguizamo Leary. And there's four of them, right, because.
Speaker 1: Queen the Tefa does He's misses.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But when it started, there were like four main characters and they was Manny Sloth Diego. Was there a fourth one? No, I might be thinking to like scrap, let's try get get.
Speaker 1: His nut ice age one.
Speaker 4: Maybe? Yeah, just the three of them, Okay, Yeah, Ray Ramano, John Leguizarmo and yeah, Dennis Leary. Yeah, they bring up the sausage fast. It's all men. Just realized that they introduced this a little bit later on that they'll they'll bring it. I think when Latifa is someone's love interest, your daughter as well.
Speaker 1: Who's Peaches kick Palmer?
Speaker 4: Oh ye, Palme's all over the place. She's very popular. She is the pictures. Oh, because I thought you were talking about like the singer Peaches who memoriy did the song fuck the Pain Away, millions of Peaches different pictures. Yeah, by all means google peachres Fuck the pain Way, great song. He my favorite favorite moments for the episode favorite moments. As I said, I liked that they took pot shots at Dennis Larry's career. I thought Rescuing Me was actually a pretty good show. Something I enjoyed was we had too much Millhouse being sort of simpy as he always is. But I loved when they were in the backyard and you know they were going off to he and Nelson were going to go off and do their own things. He's looking at the guards like this as well, real boogeyman weather. I love that description, Real boogeyman weather. That's fantastic, because I mean, I love I love it when you know, you look at something, you sing a storm coming and it's like I got nothing new. I can just stay inside and let the rain hit on the nose and I'll be like, mom, nassing woman is dad. I'm apologized to all those people at but but look at this kind of go whoop, looks like why watch out the storm coming in. Yeah. I think it's just a great description. So yeah, probably my favorite moments from this episode. I like that.
Speaker 1: I also liked that Bart was really enjoying getting to the tea party for Lisa. Oh yeah, I mean he seemed to be enjoy the party, but just I felt like he was doing it for Lisa's value.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I mean the fact that he was like, oh god, I got to go through this. But you do enjoy the imaginary team?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: I do. Yeah, I mean I think we've all done that occasional. W It's like, do I have to go to this event? I enjoyed myself and I just can't be bothered. Yeah, Okay, I'm here, I'm having fun just by myself. Well, it's funny.
Speaker 1: I got I was getting to that point in my life when I had to sort of just go no because I was going. I think I just prefer to stay home, and then I'd go why Why did no one contacted me? Why do I not seem to have much of a social network as I used to have, because I'm not making any effort?
Speaker 4: Correct? Yeah, next question you there the past. What is the title of Agnes's Bingo strategy guide?
Speaker 1: I thought you might ask that I didn't write it down.
Speaker 4: I just called her a strategy guy. What was it? It's all luck?
Speaker 1: It was all something was all luck, all luck. It is all luck. It is exactly right. My first question for you is What role did Bart agree on behalf of Dennis Leary to play in a film?
Speaker 4: Was it the was it the gorilla in Everybody Poops? What descriptive word though, oh, gorilla king. He was the constanpated cop gorilla. That's right, and you got the movie time. That's two of my questions gone. Everybody poops. Marge gets a letter, Well she's paying for pees on like the yeah on after pay, Yeah, damn you after pay. I'm getting these emails. Its like just don't don't forget a guy. You I was this amount in that last time you didn't have enough money. I was like, I've always got enough money for after pay, but not enough for anything else. But I'll be looking at my after pay thing, going only two more payments for that massive payment that I had to make and put on after paid, thinking that's tomorrow guy's problem.
Speaker 1: And then two words black Friday, I did I did as maxed out again, Well, Davis be shopping.
Speaker 4: Well that's true. When to Amazon is like I had I had three things in the in the cart, like don't really need it, this can wait. Oh, but they've taken twenty bucks off this. This is the best I'm going.
Speaker 1: To discussing saving money before we went delight to answer this is this is where the money goes. Oh yeah, don't put shit in your cart unless you're going to buy it.
Speaker 4: That's one thing. Well, that's true. And you know, I also I think I learned from my waggled the finger at me just and a guy getting.
Speaker 1: Scolded now to take this this sort of mentality. Nicola said this to me. She goes, don't put anything on after pay. Only buy something if you think we can afford it out right, And I went the other day, I want to buy something. I went, I don't want need to see much money I'm spending on this.
Speaker 4: I won't buy it. It works.
Speaker 1: But if I put on an after pay, it's just one of those payments that comes out down the track. But if nikolaould then go, why are you to send three oun of dollar at jab high fine, I've gone, Oh they're not gonna get a questioned about it. Yeah, well, I mean, howld a cannibal hold yourself a cannibal?
Speaker 4: Well that's true. Having said that, I mean.
Speaker 1: It is my fu you're now using after pan Amazon.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's but but I do have a really effective dison vacuum cleaner as a result. So there you go.
Speaker 1: Why would this make after pay available on Amazon? Doesn't make any sense to me?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Why create the you have to white Amazon gift card just to make it just makes makes sense?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think they've got a deal together words because you can only get Amazon gift cards for certain amounts, so you might like ten of them. That's the thing. That's what it like. I'm gonna need this and then you know, oh but you've got a little extra in your candah blah blah blah blah blah. Anyway, what was the upshot of that after pay I'm broke? Something like that.
Speaker 1: We're talking about. I actually want to throw this one out there.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you go first. No, I know why we were talking about after Thatay, but you want it? Okay.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, if you are a prime member. I'm not being paid for this obviously because Amazon I don't pay us. But I noticed this last night. If you're a Prime member in Australia, you get two years free of daughtah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, except I'm trying to it wouldn't work. Yeah, it wouldn't work for me either. It's just an endless loop.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm like I said in bad like fifteen minutes last night.
Speaker 4: I couldn't work it out. Oh thank god if it was just me, Daddy, Jeff, lift your game. I'm like, we want free daughter.
Speaker 1: I'm getting text mess because Nicholas numbers on the accounts.
Speaker 4: I want Nichola.
Speaker 1: It's a new six digit log into the door dash account. And she's like, okay, it's this, this, this, and then she goes, Nicola, wake up, I need this.
Speaker 4: She's like, just check my phone. Wake up.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I'm okay, I'm glad to work for you because you click except and then just take it back to Amazon again.
Speaker 4: Yes, it does make sense. It does make sense. All right, we might have to get on Reddit or Whirlpool Films or something like that. See this happening to everybody, because this happened to Dan on us and we like door We don't like to go out to your computer. Maybe not through the phone both. Yeah, I just couldn't get it into work. I don't know, man, but yeah, lift your game.
Speaker 1: It's just some scheme that door das should put together, like remind everyone of door dash that exists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're not using.
Speaker 1: Yes anyway, She get into some Patreon chats.
Speaker 4: We could finish our trivia first. I have more questions hit me in. Yeah, I was a better launch into a question when we started our after pay and door Dash and Amazon Prime and basically all our tech woes. But yeah, Marge is paying for peas on the La plan. She gets a notice payous now bill from which pea company? It's on the enflope? Yeah, I know which was it. It's called Allied Peas. Allied pis Yes, even really a joke you think they come up with like a joke name for the pea company.
Speaker 1: It's a reference to Allied biscuits.
Speaker 4: Could be but you know one do you call it like you pee yourself or something like that.
Speaker 1: Well, Nicola always says that when she drops the peas on the floor, I just peed on the floor. It never never gets old with the kids, gets up with Dan. My last question for you is what were they cooking on the barbecue? Oh it was like Twizzler hot dog Twizzlers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually this took me back that moment because the first time when I had a friend who us to do radio with Michael and he was one of those guys who just his mom lived in Melbourne. So she basically said, well she worked in Melburn. She goes, I'm moving to Melbourne. I'm going to pay you. You can read it has well. Eighteen was he just turned eighteen, so he had a place in town and I'd stay at Michael's place like two nights a week and then go to school. And I was like, it felt so independent. By cooking our dinners. We're having like the pasta at the sachets, like two dollars chicken, when hard shaped snitsels were two bucks from the deli and it's like five bucks. We're having a feast. We're cooking.
Speaker 4: Our sales were so independent. Those times when you could get a harsh taped snitzl for two bucks.
Speaker 1: Harsh shaped stenzlsup used to be when I went in the Delhi that always happen once for a dollar each, hot.
Speaker 4: Chicken snitzle for a dollar. Oh yeah, not to name names, but a great social media poster saw it was like remember those days when Cole said you could feed your family from under ten dollars. Now a bag of cheese costs nine to fifty. Yeah this is true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get that bag of cheese is thirteen dollars ninety.
Speaker 4: What we're saying is consider becoming a patron. She cuts money, but as does the show. But you know, we'd like to think it's worth it.
Speaker 1: Luckily these people have already done, so that's true. I have one more question though, Okay, what's the really?
Speaker 4: What's this question? Asked? What's the up rated movie that Bar goes to watch? Rader movie? No idea? What was called sever sever horror movie? I don't think that was about? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Four figure Discount is proudly brought to you by our supporters on Patreon. By supporting our show, you not only gain early and ad free access to each episode, but you also get over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including our exclusive reviews of Futurama, King of the Hill, Seinfeld, and more. So go ahead and join the four figure discount family today at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. Thanks to that sweet Katie g Money, we can the four cheese, can't we miss Davis Home brand Cheese? Yes, and our man Zach Ligmus who Zach Wood. I believe his name is actually Zach Wood.
Speaker 4: Yes, so says he is.
Speaker 1: Zach Wood, a Hoy Hoy guy and Danner. I've been listening to four Finger Discounts since twenty seventeen. I fell off a bit in twenty eighteen, but decided last year to jump back in and listen from the beginning. I've gone all the way through going down to South Park, and I'm around two seasons behind them. Fourfing a discount catching up very fast, which is why I realized I hadn't sent in a review request from one hundred dollar patrits status. Maybe Zach Wood's at a long time ago and it's just Zach Liichmas as a new person. Maybe possibly says I'm actually Zach Wood. I've made a couple of appearances on The Guy Davis New Own Challenge recently. I've been skipping to that part of the review when the new ones come out and as to see if I've actually placed that people actually care.
Speaker 4: Well, that's true.
Speaker 1: But being a former pro wrestler and current ring announcer of English promotion Elevation Wrestling, Oh, Zach Liigmas is my ring name. This is Zacklichmas. Here's a professional wrestling ring announcer in the UK.
Speaker 4: Look at that.
Speaker 1: Let's give a shout out to Elevation wrestling in the UK.
Speaker 4: Check him out. If you're a wrestling fan, absolutely, or even if you're not. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, after all that being a huge wrestling fan, knowing Dana is also a huge wrestling fan, and I'm sure and being sure that guy would also appreciate it. My request is for you guys to review They Live with Rowdy Roddy Piper fuck yes, considering I recently spoke with one Keith David.
Speaker 4: That's right, you did. I did not, But then I did? I mean I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I did briefly, not for the interview that they did with Jim Cummings, but I spoke to him as well. I didn't speak to Keith brief about five minutes. Yeah, okay, setting up the interview. Okay, but still that's enough. I think, you know, I think Zach right in let us know, may I bag of forfit discun dot com.
Speaker 4: You do you want to hear us review that film?
Speaker 1: Would you rather hear Guy and Leonard Moulton review that film?
Speaker 4: Oh? A distinct possibility. We do have Leonard on speed Darlies that we do.
Speaker 1: Indeed, yes, would I should we call it it?
Speaker 4: Right now? He anything about They Live New phone, new phone. Who does look, he may want to hear your thoughts.
Speaker 1: Being a massive wrestling fan. Yeah, Rawdy rut a peaper.
Speaker 4: Loved rowdy Roddie. What a guy? Yes, the Lord? All right? Well yes, well yeah, thank you, Zach. We did briefly talk about.
Speaker 1: They live in our review of the south Park Battle between Timmy and Jimmy.
Speaker 4: We did, indeed, but don't go back and listen to that. Zach will give you a whole new concience listening to go down to south Park. So well, that's true. So that probably was the appetizer, the entree. Now you get in the the main course, all right, and the following people.
Speaker 1: We need to start off by saying, now there's a lovely lady who has been a Stonecutter supporter who hasn't had a name right out recently. What massive apologies. I think sometimes Patreon just doesn't quite cent to the notifications the way they should be. But Isabella Murphy, thank you so much for your Stonecutter support. He is all.
Speaker 4: Drop dead.
Speaker 1: Fred a movie that I love right from when I was a kid. I never hear the name Isabella. I remember her name was Isabella in the movie, right, and the guy who was playing her on and off again boyfriend.
Speaker 4: What was his name.
Speaker 1: He's one of those great villains. He's a villain face drop dead Fred cast Tim Matheson, Tim Madison, Yeah, just great, heel great Smami Prick. Right, but he says, I'm your fella is A Bella, and I just think of that name. I think I'm your fella is Abella.
Speaker 4: This might take a second, but done. Mathison came up the other by the way. Yeah, basically the e is Paul Rudd one point. Oh you look at young Tim Matheson and he's very sort of poor.
Speaker 1: He was Johnny Quest, yeah, the amated Johnny Quest in the sixties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was the otter in Animal House. He was in Fletch. But he's recently incredibly handsome man. Oh god. Yeah. He's recently released an autobiography, a memoir call Damn Glad to Meet You, which is a line from Animal House. Here is an article that was recently in news dot com dot au. The headline is Tim Matheson claims he slept with four women in one day. He was actor now seventy six, made the launchy revelation in his memoir. At the time, the star was dating an Emmy Award winning Actresso remained unnamed in the story, but it was his birthday and apparently all these women were coming over and saying, I'd like to give you a birthday present, Tim, and he took advantage. One of these women was Kirsty Alley. Really, Holy moly, Tim Mathieson, I.
Speaker 1: Used the sad line, guy.
Speaker 4: What a Lord? I send that. I said something to Dan earlier today, and I think we need to the there's be a segment, Yeah, the regular what a Lord award?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a Lord of the word. Let's be the first one. Already most of the shadouts first, and we'll save the word lord to the end.
Speaker 4: Bit of teas. Okay, well we've already done a one What a Lord for Tim Madison. Yes, we're doing one different each week. So someone who tickles guys fancy will be the Lord of the week. Could someone could kick it, could be someone does something in the in the Patrion group, does something great? What a Lord? Yes, so many lords.
Speaker 1: But the following people are stonecut supporters here at four finger Discount. We've got, of course, Isabella Murphy as we were the same, Jonathan Rossi, Beage Beasley Stephen Roberts, Seawan, deVie, Pete Anderson, Timothy Bells and Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlap, Kevin Dadzel, Planned Flood, Shannon Hofer, Ballo Window Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Apple, be Adrian McLeod Lewis kavanaughh Martrol Even, Rhys Roberts, Ginger and Biggle, Preston Murray, Talia Enriquez, Jeep Massado, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hellier, Logan b James Sheppard, Joe Read and Say, Dave Pretzels McNelly, Gavin Lane, Dami Miller and Charlie Joe.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much? Do I say trill evan should be true? Oven much? Eleven? I guess that's a trull evan, a little post it note on your Oh, I can't be probably going back and fixing it. Okay, there no to fix it now. I think I'm pretty sure Mark appreciates the mispronunciation. Eleven makes it special.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, thank you for you support guys at four Finger Distort. Let's getting our review show.
Speaker 4: We legends, every one of them. Are we still going to do what Lord sa me to the end? Remember the end of that particular segment as opposed the eye of the Way till the end of find out who you think is going to be the Lord of the Week. Well fine, then all right, little that way.
Speaker 1: So the original air date of Lost Verizon was October fifth, two thousand and eight, guest starring Dennis Leary and Brian Grows as themselves. The production co kb F one five, written by John Frank, directed by Raymond s Percy. The chopboll gay teacher's diet is working, by the way, Shout it to my wife Nicola, who is working her ass off exercise wise and everything. And just I looked at the other night, I was like, holy shit, I need to lift my game. That's how I should always feel. But I'm true, just like you know when people just inspire you, She's inspiring me.
Speaker 4: The Oh yeah, well no, The Lovely Lawis has a ship a few killers as well. Looks spectacular looking, you know, a lot like Callie Thorne Starr of TV is rescuing me. Actually nope, even better. Uh yeah. We went to some occasional the other day and someone said, Louie, you look fantastic.
Speaker 1: Oh you look good too. I look like I slept in a ditch. It would have been better if they just said, Louise look fantastic.
Speaker 4: I would have been like, yeah, she does. But then yeah, yeah, you get thrown like a very scrawny no meat on the bone, and it's like, thanks, what.
Speaker 1: The acknowledgement at the end of Terminator.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, acknowledgement of the word to the weight loss of Guy Davis.
Speaker 1: Anyway, and the couch gave the family rushes to the viewing area of a mountain, where they are carved into the mountain's face rushmore. Yes, Bart remarks, I corumba punk seeing the statue right. The episode kicks off with as I get my notes together, the Skinner and Agnes roo near the Rotho. Yes, they're out of petrol or gas as they call it in the States, so she sends him off to get some more gas or she reads her Bingo strategy guide. And this just felt like filler a lot of it, didn't.
Speaker 4: It It did. I'm a little put out by the Wikipedia description of this part of the plot. They say principal Skinner makes a fool of himself on a freeway. I think it actually does a very good job of getting from side to side.
Speaker 1: I think it's foolish at all. Yeah, it's not foolish at all. But it's because the kids are seeing it. They're laughing at That's just what they're.
Speaker 4: Going They're laughing at this misfortune.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he does get to the other side without the container.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, that's foolish. Okay, maybe Wikipedia has a point full of himself. So do you actually watch the episode or just read the wicked descriptions these days? What am I, Mitch?
Speaker 1: Because then you wouldn't be reading the wicked descriptions. It always gets run over. Then Homer says, that counts as a Parenteger press conference. They got I think Parenteger conference they call, we call it parentiegic interview.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Millhouse calls everybody in us. Thought, since when does Millhouse everybody everybody on speed dial? Why would they answer his phone call? But whatever, it's what they wanted to serve for this purpose, for the story.
Speaker 4: Yes, they have rejected their usual reality and replaced it with a new one.
Speaker 1: So they're just basically everyone's now all the kids in Springfeld now are aware that Skinner is making the fool of himself on the highway, and Barney's just doing community service, no explanation as to why he just is But was.
Speaker 4: It community service or was he just our drink? Collecting beer cans and drinking the drink?
Speaker 1: It was running the orange jumpsuit was why would you go to the effort he is run the orange jumpsuit?
Speaker 4: I know, maybe for cover, Like that's panthetic if I'm doing community.
Speaker 1: Service, I suppose just well, at least bigger, I don't make it more obvious. Then yeah, but you thinks Skinner is a giant beer can. So he chases after him with the well they called those tools the jabber.
Speaker 4: The spiker up the cans in but either way, Phil.
Speaker 1: Yep, but then says, yeah, but it's not there. There where is Bart or he hasn't got a cell phone, so I'm sure he's off doing something great. Cut to Bart doing a tea party, having a tea party with Lisa.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I agree to this because you love the taste of my nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: You're right, and the bully shot up and they show but what he missed out on. It was all just various photos of Skinner getting laughed at, and then I think the last photo was Barney walking.
Speaker 4: Off with Agnes getting clowned. Yea, but then please for a phone.
Speaker 1: You want to really wants a phone, like everybody else, I think we've anyone who grew up in the nineties went through this face because you you could just got and buy your phone.
Speaker 4: You're old enough.
Speaker 1: I had to ask my parents to buy me your phone, and I was one of the last ones. I can really relate to this story, being one of the last ones to get the phone. But looking back now, you know how many times when you're a kid, you look back when you're a dot and go, I despised this decision by my parents back now and go that was the best possible decision. But basically March says, we can't afford the phone though, because they're paying off frozen peas and installments, you know, just not going well at all. So it goes for a wonder and he gets hit or nearly gets hit by golf.
Speaker 4: What does he hit? I nearly gets hit, but before I mean, yeah, but it's disappointed because he can't get a phone. LISTA, it's disappointed because like I want to go take.
Speaker 1: A much pitch. That was another thing I had an issue with. I was like, was like going to much a pissue, right, it's just such a passing comment. I'm glad they at least planted a seed for it. Right later on, but just out of nowhere, I really want to go to this random place that we've never been to before. Guess what's been going.
Speaker 4: Is migrating there.
Speaker 1: Let's go there. But anyway, so he gets nearly as hit by the golf ball. Turned it with doctor Hibbitts from the country club. He returns it and he gives him one dollar. Those balls cost five dollars, I believe, he says. And this is where he realized, Oh, I can save some money for a phone. Again, could also be a plot point of independence, but legitately earning money to get.
Speaker 4: Something that he that he wants.
Speaker 1: That could also be a story in the stuff that maybe he buys a phone and then the phone gets taken all the phone gets broken, and he really because he earned that phone, learning the idea of because kids like Elliott and Holly, Elliot's starting to sort of get at the concept of money and things cost things and whatnot. When you're a kid, it's just I want that. Oh yeah, why aren't you getting it for me?
Speaker 4: You know? Yeah, that's it could plain to something interesting. And this is on one that he earns the money to pay for the phone. It's his phone. Marge is not in the right trying.
Speaker 1: To use that much, takes it from him and he goes, but I paid for it. That's my phone, But I said you couldn't have one. Yeah, that's where they could. That's where they or you.
Speaker 4: Know, monitoring and via the phone.
Speaker 1: It's like, wait a minute, that would have been a way better story. I get it, you wouldn't have the denist Leary aspect, right, But but just conveniently gets a phone, even though he's just not told not to write it should be he earned the phone, so that's his that's his point of saying, but I earned it and I paid for it, but I said you couldn't have it. That's where the that's where attention comes from. And then you just have someone from Springfield like maud Flanders. Helen love Joy would be a perfect example, saying you know you could track them, and she goes, oh, okay, and I'll get back in these good books. You know what, but thought about it, you can have the phone back. That's a much better way of having five minutes of them taunting Dennis Leary.
Speaker 4: I think so. But Dennis Leary, you work him in somewhere.
Speaker 1: Dennis Leary could be the fucking golfer that hit him with the golf at the start, not the hibbit. Done.
Speaker 4: There you go doing another episode. We mixed it.
Speaker 1: We think that could be a new segment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well there you are, you a little musical sting.
Speaker 1: But do you not think that would have been a better stign?
Speaker 4: I think so. That's why I suggested part of it, and you took it and ran with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I took it and remember it and it took us how long? Three minutes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go to lunch.
Speaker 1: But we get the montage of buck letting all the various balls from people just text and shoots at him.
Speaker 4: He takes the balls.
Speaker 1: He should have been taken them properly, not stealing balls anyway.
Speaker 4: So if we were doing it our yes we will.
Speaker 1: He then steals the balls from him so they belonged to him, and he thinks he's never going to get a phone. Then it's time for the pro am. Dennis Leary is playing golf here? Yes, what already established it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What makes you so angry?
Speaker 4: We shouldn't be doing this. It's just so easy.
Speaker 1: Dennis Leary is touted by Krusty.
Speaker 4: Oh great, we gotta wait for Dennis Leary.
Speaker 2: Hey, Larry, if you want to have a tea party, go back to Boston. Boston, Come on, ice Age, take the shot.
Speaker 6: Ice Age was the name of the film. I played Diego, the vicious saber tooth tiger who guess what has a heart? Now shut up or I'll have you all kicked out of show business.
Speaker 4: Damn it a cell phone. It's mine cool.
Speaker 2: You can even watch commercials on it.
Speaker 1: I've noticed it doing that a lot lately.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's is a commercial coming. Yeah, the flavor. It's a thing on the Joe. Isn't it funny?
Speaker 1: When you were reviewing it didn't feel like in the golden era. But maybe if we go back and did it week to week to week. But you find in sense what was funny in the writer's room at a particular time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then he calls Millhouse and he thinks, does he called Millhouse or his millhouse call him?
Speaker 4: He calls, but then he gets a call from man Brian Grazer.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, he calls Millhouse and Millhouse says, you know, I think you're at a payphone, or you're in your kitchen. That's where their place where your phones are. But no, he's outside the window. He comes in said, oh my god, you got a phone. Let's assign each other ring tones. That is one of my favorite memories of having the old school nockier phones is the polyphonic ring tones. We used to be able to get the codes for making songs. Oh yeah, did you ever do that? I never did. I specifically remember making Sweet Child of Mine and that.
Speaker 4: Dude, you do do do do?
Speaker 1: Dude? I was like, this is the greatest. When do you think phone technology peaked for me? I'm not gonna lie. I will stand by this. Phone technology peaked with filters. When you can put the phone in front of a kid's face and have them do funny ship, that that was the peak of phones.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They could sit there for three hours doing that ship. Okay, well, have you seen the one where it makes you look like you're crying and if you laugh, it looks like you're crying even harder. Yes, mate, amazing. But Brian Grazer calls, but you think he's calling Dennis Leary. He does why Dennis Leary didn't just cancel his his phone number.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think the writers really knew how phones worked. I think they did, even won't ask questions.
Speaker 4: There's a little thing that we like to call the too hard basket. Someone for to do pile.
Speaker 1: The top of the to do pile, make effort nor to Brian Grazer calls him with the five million You just pay five million dollars for the rights.
Speaker 4: To Everybody Poops?
Speaker 1: Sounds very much like a Rob Schneider film.
Speaker 4: It does, doesn't.
Speaker 1: But he agrees to agrees on his behalf, agrees to do it for minimum wage.
Speaker 4: You know, it's an actual book, Everybody Poops? Is it?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: It was originally Japanese. I didn't know that, okay, but the American translation of well, I believe in Japanese, I'm gonna probably mispronounce, and I certainly want to do an accent mina UNCHI.
Speaker 1: So this is going down to south like there'd be accents galore.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Everybody poops.
Speaker 1: But he plans basically just a screw him over. Okay, you got a phone out of it, but yeah, it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Bart Yeah, he's he's a wacky prankster. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So basically Leary's in the film now the pilot poops getting delivered to him. He is the constipated monkey, the gorilla. Yes, and Bart calls the various bars around the world. I actually didn't mind this because I just like that everywhere anyway you go to in the world, the will.
Speaker 4: Always be a bar with barfwires.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and in the Australia one we actually got the guy in the middle was actually the knifey Spoody.
Speaker 4: It was actually him. What was the was his rain bark or just called crocodile undies or something. I can't remember. It just feels unimagined if there was Inger bar Beierman. Yeah, that was a take on Ingmar Bergman, the famous Swedish film America. Even a visual shout out to one of his famous one of his best movies, Persona, that the shot of the two sort of one face looking at the camera ones in profile famous shop.
Speaker 1: I caught the mom of Mia.
Speaker 4: I really, oh my goodness, yeah, MoMA MEA probably fucking ripped that off Persona because Swedish, aren't they? Yes, what the fuck I'm doing? That whole Tim and Eric mind blowing thing.
Speaker 1: Well, when did that movie come out?
Speaker 4: Persona late sixties.
Speaker 1: Nineteen sixty six, and then Mumi was the seventies obviously.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: There you go, so Aver copied or was it an homage?
Speaker 4: Yes? There against Persona is literally the MoMA Mere film clip. Why would you not be a patron of this show when we're coming up with fucking gold?
Speaker 1: You're gonna go tweet about this today, aren't you?
Speaker 4: Fucking ann Wow? And that guy is actually bewildered that we weren't ever was going to go duh. But anyway, that was fun.
Speaker 1: I was like that time when I told you how you're seeing the credits to Jaws actually see Roy Schneider and fucking and I was like, have you watched the.
Speaker 4: Film any we now return you to Yes, lost Horizon.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's called all the various bars and he's just creating havoc for the life of one Dennis. The reason he's racking up his phone bill he is.
Speaker 4: And he's also Dennis Leary is famously from Boston and uh, but actually sends him what a whole bunch of stuff from the from the New York Yankees, so which I imagine would piss off a Ridzooks fanluck Leary.
Speaker 2: Bart, how did you get a cell phone? Same way you got me by accident on a golf course. Whose phone is this? You'll never get it out of me? Okay, Millhouse, it's Dennis Leary's.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, burning desperate for any signs of adult approval.
Speaker 2: You did the right thing, yeah, Bart, Simpson's stolen cell phone. Can I help you?
Speaker 6: Damn straight you can. I'm Dennis Leary and your kid is out of control.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, mister Leary. Sometimes it's hard to be a parent.
Speaker 4: No, it's not. It's easy. I'll tell you.
Speaker 6: It's hard having to watch my stunt double run into a burning building, worrying that people might realize it's not me, it's him. Tried doing that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could, mister Leary. I'm so sorry. I'll send you your phone back right away.
Speaker 6: Keep the phone in fact, can I give you some advice?
Speaker 2: Of course, you're Dennis Leary.
Speaker 6: Give your kid back the phone, but first activate it's built in GPS system. That way you can log onto your carrier's website and track your son's movements the way I try. Every actor who gets a movie that I was up for.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't you just be happy for their success?
Speaker 6: I should be a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Lady. We are watching Monk at the moment, right, Monk, and.
Speaker 1: It's it's so great because Monk, but they pronounce it monk. Yeah, two thousand eightish was that show?
Speaker 4: Well, I definitely ruffled the same time as this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but GPS system there's still a lot of time we had to explain what GPS stood for.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just love it when it's like I'm going online, I'm still going online.
Speaker 4: It's like watching the I Forgot where you came out. I feel like it's ninety five or ninety six. But there's a Sandra Bullock movie called The Net.
Speaker 1: I have never seen it, but note at it's kind.
Speaker 4: Of like you can order a pizza over the internet. What you know. They're reacting like like Guy when he discovers the link between ingmar Bergman and Abba, just freaking the fuck.
Speaker 1: The cameras went on for this, but Guy's face when it was like the he dropped.
Speaker 4: Wait, yeah, you can take your selfie a bit later something woo.
Speaker 1: But the This is where Larry says that he tracks the actors who got the roles that he was up for as well. And then we've got the pop tarts gag here, which I'm not sure is a reference to anything. Didn't feel like a reference to anything, because I mean, Dennis is not really an action movie star.
Speaker 4: He was in a couple.
Speaker 1: It was a bit bizarre. Yeah, and then that's it for Dennis Leary.
Speaker 4: So demas, yeah, go back to making the last season to rescue me, Marge is.
Speaker 1: Then she gives the phone back to Bart and lady, you're the best mum ever, gives her a big hug. I liked when he left and came back and gave a stroke, because that's what Ali did. They he was like, you're the best dad ever. Leaves He's like, no, what he deserves another hug. Homer and Marge now tracking. She says he took the bait like a fish or something.
Speaker 4: What it was? What it was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's at the construction wise it construction site. Turns out he's writing fork lists for Millhouse. Marge arrives and he's like, I'm just trying something constructive. And then it's got the montage of Marge catching Bart in places he shouldn't be essentially.
Speaker 4: Two montages already, I've got nothing agains a good montage. But yeah, I really think one per episode or in a twenty five minute episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah one, yeah one. But Bars is spinning around? Now why is he spinning around? Is in the entire swing at the backyard, and Lisa asks, what.
Speaker 4: Are you guys doing?
Speaker 1: Because she says, well, like she doesn't said the checking yet, He's like, what are you doing? Homs is doing laundry. She says, prove it, and he puts his clothes in the an oven or something burns them. And she realized that they're spying on Bart and showing that you know it's wrong, you shouldn't be doing that.
Speaker 4: She's big on civil rights, and Marge says, no, it's not wrong. It just shows that we care.
Speaker 1: And it cuts to Mo, who is listening. I always enjoying Mo calling Marge.
Speaker 4: Midge. You always enjoy that, yeah, Midge, heh, Midge. I don't think I've got strong feelings about it one way or another.
Speaker 1: It's one of those sort of even season twenty, that's probably the most recurring joke. Okay, the longest running besides maybe Smither's being game Burns not knowing, but they haven't really played that up anymore?
Speaker 4: Do they? I think that I think they.
Speaker 1: We haven't had a homophobic gag this season yet, which is a good thing. We're two episodes in. Yeah, but I do think that they do tone They do have a favorite gags, but they tone down. The Smithers is gay, but doesn't Is.
Speaker 4: There one in here? One of the one of the phone, one of the all off my friends are gay? Oh yeah, I guess so sorry to burst your bubble, buddy, Yeah said, but the FBI are listening and every words, and you're in the slamer because MOA's listening to Amige. I love the term slammer for prison. It's great. I got nothing about other than that.
Speaker 1: I just the nineties kids, A slammer was the thick pog you would get when you were playing tasos or POGs, and the way you would win is you would stack them up like that. I'm not sure how this whoever come up with these rules is ridiculous. You stack ther tasos up and you would slam the slammer on top right, which everyone's can go bang right, and when everyone's landed face up, you got to keep And I'm like, as you've been collecting like all these tazos over all these weeks, and one guy just goes bomb with a lucky slam and it's all of them turned up. You're like, you just lose your whole lot, Like, who come up with these rules?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Thrill, thrill, We're all losing a single coin to lose your collection after one game.
Speaker 4: I tend to be slammer as like a tequila slammer, have a bit of think is it lemonade with the tequila and yes, slammer, No, knock it back fast and stuck a bit of lemon salt. Get drunk. Apparently guy just wants to get drunk drunk right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, Lisa tries, Asa tries to tell Bart though he's on the phone, and he buys some viagrapher skinner and then he puts his tracker on the bird. What's he realizes there's a tracker in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't don't make the viagraa gag if you can't, if you don't have the the ability to punchline, yeah, to pay it off.
Speaker 1: It was just it was this kind of saying this is weird, why so straight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean saurce it with the fact that he's gonna have a viagrapt fuel direction. But just it's like it's like when you're a teenager and you know your dick gets out off the windblows and like.
Speaker 1: It should have been cut to Skinner getting a massage.
Speaker 4: Yes, but you've got a hold like something in front of your down stairs area, your partsy piece.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he Skinner getting message by a man and all of a sudden, he's.
Speaker 4: Like, whoa, yeah, that was good one something like that. You just rode this whole fixing this thing.
Speaker 1: Four figure discount is proudly brought to you by our supporters on Patreon. By supporting our show, you not only gain early and add free access to each episode, but you also get over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including our exclusive reviews of Futurama, King of the Hill, Seinfeld, and more. So go ahead and join the four figure discount family today at patreon dot com. Slash four figure discount. But he puts the track on the bird, as I said, the circling the bird sanctuary. Why is bar circling the bird sanctuary? They leave to find out, but it now has a house to himself, and what's he going to do You're gonna take a bath, eat some vegetables, you go to bed early with no TV. You really could have done a fun home alone parody here.
Speaker 4: Why didn't they? I don't know.
Speaker 1: You could have had the bullies trying to get into the house and bars and set up various taps around the house to get them. You could have done this.
Speaker 4: You could have done a Bart centered shout or call back to when Homer didn't go to church and he did the risky business thing and he made it? Did he make moon waffles.
Speaker 1: Home as patterned space age out of this world moon Waffles whatever.
Speaker 4: And just have it as a shot for shot echo of that want to copy ship but just no, no, no, there's a difference between a copy and a callback and a call back. Here. I just think, see I can fix things to home alone parodies just okay, risky business parodies parodies something something.
Speaker 1: Because the joke didn't even make sense. Now I'm going to take a bath and vegetables and get with no TV. I'm like, yeah, and what's the punchline?
Speaker 4: Well, well, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so unlike Bart. It's like, but it's been behaving like what I don't get it. I get what you're going for. That's not funny, it's it's not funny. No, the family have now been gone for three days and Bart is cooking twizzlers with so they just they just left looking for But this story sucks. They just left, Yeah, didn't call the phone once, just left their ship, didn't pack anything, didn't pack anything.
Speaker 4: It would have been nice to just have a cutaway shot of them on a plane. And even Homer just saying maybe we should have called.
Speaker 1: That's even pointing out how stupid the story.
Speaker 4: Now, I know it's conceding defeat.
Speaker 5: Awesome, but I better get going. It's getting My mom's gonna wake up soon. She gets upset if someone's not there to tell her where she is. Typical mom.
Speaker 2: You sure you don't want to stay and have a sleepover. I meet sleepover shirts.
Speaker 1: Huh huh.
Speaker 2: Listen, Bart, If I don't get home soon, there won't be time for my mom to give me a hug, my dad to read me a story, and both of them to sing me a song till I gently fall asleep. Anyway, you have fun by yourself. Ah, there's no moon tonight, real Boogymanweather.
Speaker 1: And the family now out looking in the field. Lisa's sitting back in the cars with the birdlands on the car and Lisa realizes that it's a scarlet tanager and it is migrating to match a pitch you and she says, he sees a chip, and she goes, you know what, I'm not going to end this. I'm going to be selfish and have the family drive me to match your pitche Noh yeah, what if the birds decided not to go there? Oh dear, we're almost there, barn, get in bed, night, scary day, awesome, night, scary day, awesome. Okay, then the family now match picture. They're just driven there, you know, just decided to just drive there, follow this bird. Marge falls asleep on the statue and she has the vision here of the statue telling her you need to protect what she said, I need to protect it from himself. He's basically making her realize, no, he needs to learn to survive on his own. Be there for him, but let him learn as well.
Speaker 4: It's a bit about Walls in there, which shows the unified theory or four finger discount is alive and well, because what do we talk about recently on going down South Park?
Speaker 1: We talked about the goddamn Mongolians breaking down the wall. Don't do the voice, Jesus, I think it's worse.
Speaker 4: If I say fucking Mongolians in my voice. I don't know onlyway Marge's realizes I have been overprotective.
Speaker 1: I've learned something today, and she realized she can't always be there for Bart, but she can, you know, be there sometimes when he needs her.
Speaker 2: So I can't always be.
Speaker 4: There for Bart.
Speaker 2: He's got to learn to take care of.
Speaker 4: Himself the computer, say's Bart standing at the computer? Oh, I hear is a stupid bird with a tracking chip on its leg. It doesn't end up.
Speaker 1: I think it's time for us to go home, and then they just drive home again. How long did it taken the drive there? I'm assuming it's taking all the same time to drive home.
Speaker 4: Should I do some Google maps between hell?
Speaker 1: Would to actually take the drive from America USA to MATCHU Pitchew drive.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say eight hours? Well, they're going three days at least. I'm going to say twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: You can't drive to match a pitch, you but you can drive to Alan tayum Tambo in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Okay, the most common way to get to match a pitchy from the United States is to fly into Lima, Peru and then take a one hour and fifteen flight to Cosco. So kind The first thing you should do if you're writing a story about the family driving a Magic Pictures Is this actually possible?
Speaker 4: How do you get to march you pitchure? Yes, there you go. I don't know.
Speaker 1: What did you call again? Someone peg in a inshaum The dead.
Speaker 4: An exercise in unfulfilled potential. That's what this story is. So the episode the Show and the Dead on the Movie Guide with Malton and Davis. Yeah, just did a review of Caer movie. Really for the fourth Finger discount listeners, we did midnight run. We did indeed a favorite of Dad's everywhere, but also just people with good taste tune in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you also the latest one load Whulp Fiction Blues the Blues brothers all up there. So now they arrive home though, But actually he didn't know the family was gone at all, didn't care and then accustomed him coddling large as legs. They never leave again.
Speaker 4: Really did care?
Speaker 1: Yes, he really did, but it's just it wasn't it didn't sinking. It didn't sink enough. It was just, oh no, he was just pretending. You're trying to act tough and make it. They turns that Maggie got left fine and Maggie is.
Speaker 4: Being worshiped as god by the machupicians. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I almost want to take this story and write my own episode. I feel like there's a really good Simpsons episode in this.
Speaker 4: We'll maybe do it and then send it as a spec to to your buddy Matt Selmon. What could be the twenty twenty four equivalent though, of Bart wanting a phone? How could he?
Speaker 1: He wants to have social media? It needs to be a device, doesn't it. Yeah, got the social media basically, don't. But all I want, though, is the plot point of Bart wants to fit in and Marge is holding him back. We'll find something, yeah, oh yeah, absolutely. Anyway, so lost Verizon, As he said, a lot of potential here, but they just it just falls off the wagon quickly, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's sort of yeah, the wagon feels like it's got like a wheel. That is just I was never bored watching it, but I was just watched this going. What is the point of this. I think anytime you're watching something that was going when you when you're actively fixing it as you're watching it, that's a that's a sign that something is not right. What do we learn bomb? What did you learn for the episode that? What did I learn from the episode? Uh?
Speaker 1: What did I learn? I haven't written anything.
Speaker 4: Negotiate for more than one dollar return fee per ball? Particularly those balls got five bucks a lot of money. Yeah, I'd ask for at least two fifty. I'd probably go two. Okay, Well see, and that's why you get more business.
Speaker 1: And guys dropping pants for food. Well, I learned that Everybody Poops was an actual movie. I didn't realize this a book or a movie, actual book. What's what's the what's the plot of Everybody Poops?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I think it's more like it's a very children in your book. It's like, you know, maybe a kid is like having trouble getting on the potty or something that's like, well, you're just like, you know, the elephant or the gorilla or the cow. Everybody poops.
Speaker 1: So the book tells children that all animals defecate and that they have always done.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: The book is intended to relieve shame and embarrassment around the act of defecating by explaining to children that it is a natural part of life. The book has also been translated into Spanish and tie. Okay, then everybody poops.
Speaker 4: From forward, your names will be okay. Then yes, the guy dave us new name challenge, current leader board. On the current leader board. Yeah, by all means.
Speaker 1: The round one. We got three points to Yeered, two points to Chris Clark, and one point to Zach Would aka Liigamus.
Speaker 4: What does ligmas mean? That's just his wrestling name. Okay. One point goes to Big Mother, not big brother, but Big Mother.
Speaker 1: I really like this pretty clever that title not bad. Oh gosh, darn it, you've blew it. You're really a bit I did did shame, shame for shame.
Speaker 4: My apologies to clever Car. But I and I'm guessing it's one one point, Yeah, well, don't clever car. No point. Two points goes to Barty. Don't lose that number.
Speaker 1: That's the man with no fingers. It's Steve Roberts from the factory. Doesn't work in the factory anymore.
Speaker 4: Because he's got no fingers. On Zoom calls two boys to Steve Roberts. Well done, Steve Roberts, three points, goes to dial Hard, Dial Hard.
Speaker 1: He mis jerming, Oh my gosh, we know you don't. We don't get you going blind, he tell us every time, trust me, I promise you listeners. I send guy names. He doesn't check the post. He posts it and leaves it in the Patreon group. I gathered all the names I send him through to him out of order as well, so he can't sort of even try and match him up. And boom, he has picked Jared.
Speaker 4: And now it's time to reveal the deep dark secret. I am Jared.
Speaker 1: Scam the whole time.
Speaker 4: No, no, his name is. And he's got three points again.
Speaker 1: He does a show just so he can get free access to his own shows.
Speaker 4: It's a perfect crime name. He's Jared. He's on six points. Oh my goodness, well done, Jared.
Speaker 1: Jay hawks put anything in this week?
Speaker 4: Did he have a look like I said, I don't know, I don't I don't look at.
Speaker 1: The name, but I just call him phlip Jay Hawkins. Maybe we've just upset him so much. He's like, I'm never gonna be I'm never gonna get that Jay back.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna go live my life be Phil Hawkins.
Speaker 1: Maybe he realized we're doing seasons, the season twenty.
Speaker 4: Now, I think they're gonna be talking about anything but the show.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's it. Six points to Jared Hornby. He's in first position. Second position is Steve Roberts and Chris Clap both on two and Zach Would, Akay Ligmus and Clever Kyle Muldoon both on one point each in third position.
Speaker 4: Well done, folks, keep sending those new name Indeed, if your name is not Jared, what a lord?
Speaker 1: Now let's end the show with what a Lord?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yeah, we were talking about this earlier and we'll talk about it. Nice to save it the last and you're gonna posse I guess so. Yeah. I think Jared thought that the you know, racking up another three points of the new name challenge was pretty positive. But I sent Dando a small bit of footage. It was a TikTok that was put on Twitter. Because I'm not on TikTok because I'm old, but I like this very much. This was a young man. I think it was one of the premieres. I've Gladiator too now in cinemas. He got hold of Denzel Washington, and this young man said, look, I make content online. I really want to be but I want to be an actor. Is there anything you'd recommended? Denzel gave him some very good advice. He said, well, first of all, you can't learn to act by yourself. You need to be in a group. Acting, as I've always said, is a team sport. You know, find a small theater. F find any theater and be part of the ensemble. Be around people, be around actors. You learn by acting and reacting with other people. Then he closes out by saying, I'll see it work. Fuck I love that. I mean, that's that's exactly what you want to hear. I mean, it's not Denzel saying this is wisdom from on high. It's like, I'll see on the job. We're both workers. Fucking loved it. What a Man? What a Lord?
Speaker 1: And that is, guys, what a Lord? The first everone the what a Lord Award. Let's have a we'll keep it a little note or the little Tali is the first of a what a Lord?
Speaker 4: Was Denzel? So now Denzel see it work?
Speaker 1: Denzel Washington What a Lord Award.
Speaker 4: Then by the end of the season, whoever will pull the name out of that, whoever wins the water Lord Award gets I don't know what's hope. You laid the show, get a free work, siege work. If you have interviewed Denzel, never have, I'd be awfully intimidated. Yeah, you reckon? Oh yeah, we just likes to fuck with people. Sometimes, doesn't he sometimes Yeah, sometimes don't. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He says he's retiring soon. I think there two more films in you or something.
Speaker 4: Oh. I think he said he's got a few more, and I think he wants retire from acting. I think he wants direct more stuff on stage.
Speaker 1: More equalizes though, that's true, love.
Speaker 4: I watched a movie the other day director. We used to call the director video, I guess hee now to call it director streaming or something like that. But an action movie he's made on the cheap called Dominique and basically put us my letter of videw aka the she equalizes, because that's essentially what I was pretty proud of. But it was really good. It's incredibly violent. I had a real main streak to it, but it was Yeah, basically, she's like this female assassin who has to sort of shack up in this small town. While she's avoiding trouble, runs a foul of you know, corrupt cops and drug deals and all that and just fucks everybody up. And it was yeah, basically like an Equalizer movie. It was fantastic, really good movie. Dominique. Dominique was it. I don't think it's on manly streaming platforms. You might have to it's like video on demand. I'm sure you can find it. Okay, pay for it. People pay for it, of course, support the little films. That's correct.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, thanks for your support here at four finger Discount, hope you enjoyed a review of Last Verizon. The next episode of that next episode of from season twenty we shall reviewing is called Double Double Boy in Trouble.
Speaker 4: We could figure out what it's about, or we could send.
Speaker 1: A picture and it is a kid that looks like Bart. We think we're getting a bit of a wife swap, but it's a sun swap kind of scenario.
Speaker 4: About okay, a single white Bart kind of deal. Yeah, maybe okay, then interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean again, this episode wasn't a bad episode. It was just a their episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's the Simpsons we're talking about. This episode of four, thinking this game was traditionally great. Yeah, Guy realized Mama, MIAs just I'm still thinking about it. It made me go, mum, mummy, what's the Mario thing? WHOA? So much fun saying it? Much fun watching it? You tried doing it?
Speaker 1: Is it Yahoo or Wahoo? Let's have a look. I will make sure I say it correctly. Mario Yahoo or wah whoo?
Speaker 4: Mario?
Speaker 1: It's Yahoo Yahoo? Who is a very famous aspect of it is my who? Okay, it depends what you ask onto it on Google. WHOA?
Speaker 4: There you go? Don't you feel great? You do? You feel a bit better?
Speaker 1: Alliott says it all the time. So maybe it's just like a thing the kids say these days, but like sometimes something goes good and he goes whoo.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad that we're retaining some youthful yes.
Speaker 1: As we said, thanks again to all of our supporters on Patreon. You are keeping the lights on here. If you can support the show that way, they'd be much appreciated. You can also check us five stars on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, wherever you do find the show. Check out our new podcast, The Movie Guide with the Leonard Malton and mister Guy Davis here. I'm sure you will love it, and all of our the show's gone out of South Park and all the other good stuff significantly lessen to there.
Speaker 4: You let him old and guy Davis.
Speaker 1: That's the way.
Speaker 4: Is that the stick? Unfortunately, I really do wonders for my self esteem.
Speaker 1: And we'll catch you guys in our review of Double Double Boy in trouble. Mister Davis, any final words for those incredible listeners out there, Just so you know, everybody poops