Speaker 1: One thing about this gem is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family. Let's not play one on Tom.
Speaker 3: Let's wind it.
Speaker 4: I love writing these guys after the show. So just thank you, give me are.
Speaker 5: Your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 6: This is world champion, Dodger, world champion.
Speaker 5: Put a small soft time they get up people what they want to die in a row two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache. One of a con. This ball's gone. You ready to go old time?
Speaker 6: Go to the sound, grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven and go to the show. And now your host of Dodger Talk, Tim Kains.
Speaker 7: Not the way you wanted to start a ten game, ten day road trip if you're the Los Angeles Dodgers getting so close to a win in Atlanta, as we are now in a raindow at Chewest Park in Atlanta, Georgia, and looking at the weather.
Speaker 5: It does not look good.
Speaker 7: For a while now, and they're expecting rain all weekend long. Tomorrow's game could be in jeopardy. Looking good on Sunday, but the rain has come and hopefully the Dodgers and Braves can finish off this game sooner rather than later. Eight six, six, nine to eighty seven, two five seventy Thanks for being with us is. The Dodgers and Braves have officially played eight innings in Atlanta, with the Dodgers a two to one lead, Yoshi yamamotos six shutout inning, six strikeouts for the Dodgers, a sac fly from Will Smith in the fourth.
Speaker 5: Mookie Bets a.
Speaker 7: Solo home run in this sixth inning as the Dodgers had a two to nothing lead to Matt Olsen a lead off home run in the eighth of the seventh inning off of Kirby Yates after Yoshi Yamamoto went the ninety one pitches, that's the only run for the Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 5: And we were in inning away from getting this game.
Speaker 7: Over with and David vassay Oh about forty five minutes ago, shot me at text and said, rain is coming, Rain is coming.
Speaker 5: Let's get this thing in. And we were in the sixth inning.
Speaker 7: We got through the seventh inning, and we got through the eighth inning with a couple of pitching changes, and we just could not get to the finish line. And here we are now through eight innings. The tarp is on the field at Truest Park in Atlanta, and it's time to play the waiting game as far as when the weather will clear up in Atlanta, and looking at the forecast, not looking too good for the immediate future. But we'll see how the weather plays out because it could blow through quickly. We'll see what happens. But plenty of time for your phone calls. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. Hoose Moto will join us eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. What a performance so far from the Dodgers and Yoshi Yamamoto. Yamamoto today was announced as the National League Pitcher of the Month for the first month of the season three and two record okay but a one oh six ero in six starts and holding opponents to a one ninety batting average. It's his first MLB weekly or monthly award for the second year pitcher out of Japan, and based on what he did the first month and continuing that tonight with six no run Indians that he gave up six shutout Indians for Yamamoto today just the one hit which came with two outs in the sixth inning.
Speaker 5: That was it. Six strikeouts. He was fantastic.
Speaker 7: Yoshi Yamamoto is off to a fantastic start in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: We saw it in spring training.
Speaker 7: We talked about what the start he had in Japan, what he continued to do stateside in his next, second, third, fourth start. And here he is tonight, six shutout innings, striking out six along the way, and he is dropped his er now to sub one. Yoshi yamamotos Era is zero point nine zero. Think about when he signed with the Dodgers a year ago, the start that he got off to over in Seoul, South Korea.
Speaker 5: It was like, uh oh, that's.
Speaker 7: Three hundred and twenty five million dollars for a young right hander. And he battled through his rookie year pitching well, and then as the postseason came along, he looked really good in October as he was really a guy that Dodgers can count on Game five of the NLDS into the NLCS and the World Series, elevating his game, and it kind of find out he kind of put his stamp on his career in the big leagues, got comfortable, got used to it, and it was just at the perfect time. And he continued that into twenty twenty five and tonight, six shutout innings.
Speaker 5: One hit that was it.
Speaker 7: It was an Austin Reiley two out double that broke open the no hitter in the sixth inning. Yoshi Yamamoto was fantastic and just as well as he is pitching. The Dodgers offense starting to get into gear. Mookie Betts a solo home run tonight, Mookie's fifth of the year. Don't look now, but Mooki has himself a nice little run, going seven RBIs in the last three games for Mookie Bets. He struggled for a ten game period and there was some question of whether or not the defense was taking too much time and the offense was suffering because the average dipped, the production dipped. And you look at now what Mookie Betts has done. He has himself a five game hitting streak. You go back to the game against Pittsburgh last Sunday starting that streak, had a really great series against Miami, the multi hit game on Tuesday, the four RB guy game on Wednesday, and Mookie Betts continuing to stay hot even on the road now two for four with the home run and the RBI as the Dodgers again in a rain delay, a two to one lead over the Atlanta Braves at Truest Park in Atlanta. We were three outs away from getting to the bottom half of the ninth inning and a possible close out for the Dodgers. Evan phillips On in relief, and now we'll have to wait for that as the Dodgers lead it two to one over the Atlanta Braves now in a rain delay. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven to two five seventy is the number. Jose Moto is gonna join us in just a little bit. We got plenty of time for your phone calls, Dodger fans, as you make your way home on this Friday afternoon now early evening here in beautiful southern California, sitting in traffic and joining some Dodger baseball. Let's talk about at eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. David Vesse and I were talking about it in the pregame show, and it's something that's kind of a lot of national attention in the last few days. Now that we have flipped the calendar to May. There are baseball punt. Baseball fans, those who cover the game say, what's wrong with the Dodgers. They're not running away with the division. The payrolls so big, they got all these superstars on their team. Twenty one to ten, a game and a half lead in the NL West. Shouldn't they be the best record in baseball? Shouldn't they be running away with things in the NL West. Well, they haven't, and the New York Mets are certainly a talk of baseball at twenty one and eleven, but they've lost now two in a row. The Dodgers twenty one to ten on their way to being the first team in baseball to get to twenty two wins. Think about the first month of the season, the injuries they've had to deal with, the lack of starting pitching, the over usage of the bullpen that's been fantastic for the Dodgers, and the fact that for the first eighteen to nineteen games of the season, we didn't have the Big three all together. For that many games, we didn't have sho Heyo Tani, Freddie Freeman and Mookie Betts in the lineup together because of in and viruses. To Mookie Betts. They just weren't playing together until the final week of April. And now that we've gotten to May second, we started to see this team. What happened on the last homestand now extending on the first game through the first eight innings to tonight's game in Atlanta, the top of the lineup, the big three producing for this Dodgers team. So when the national pundits say what's wrong with the Dodgers, when those out there saying, how is this team not running away with the division? Well, don't look now, but they're about to become the first twenty two win team in baseball. They have a game and a half lead in the division. They're three outs away from getting to a six game winning streak. And all that happening with the injuries, the lack of starting pitching, I mean, Blake Snell hasn't done virtually anything for this Dodgers team. Tyler Glassnell is hurt again. This is a Dodger lineup that hasn't been at full strength. Max Munsey who hit his first home run just in the last game against the Miami Marlins the last homestand was that get right Homestand for the Dodgers, as we alluded to on Dodger Talk on Wednesday, and get right series against the Marlins, where you just feast on a bad team, take advantage of bad pitching, bad defense, and bad offense, and you get right. You get your stats right, you get your swing right, you get your pitching right, you get your defense right, you get everything right and turn things around individually and collectively. And I think that is where the Dodgers are right now. And for those pundits I want to write about, well, the Dodgers. They have been a disappointment the first month of the season. All this Dodgers team, How are they not running away with the division? How are they not out in front of everybody by now? John Hayman wrote about it today in the New York Post MLB Networks his article Dodgers in trouble after an underwhelming April. That's a false narrative, And here's why he wrote, He's absolutely right. The Dodgers have been hit by the injuries. They've been hit by a limp that hasn't been consistent, and they still sit where they're sitting. And to think of where they could be at or where the will get to with this lineup when full strength, healthy and clicking. Pretty scary to think. So those riders, those baseball guys that want to sit there and and poke the Dodgers, and oh, I guess they're not as good as we thought.
Speaker 5: Oh the first month of the season.
Speaker 7: Now we're into May and this team's the Mets got the same amount of wins. The only game up on the Giants, the Padres. I mean, I thought this was a Dodger team is gonna run away with things. Oh not so fast, my friends. As Lee Corso would say on game day eight six six nine eight seven two five seventies, number, let's go out to the phones. I got one line to open if you want to jump on board and take it. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy game where you are in a rain delay as the rain has come down in Atlanta and does not look like it's gonna let up anytime soon. The tarp is on the field and the Dodgers a two to one lead through eight innings. They just completed eight innings. Ten Or Scott on the mound for the Dodgers, got a ground ball out to end the inning, and when they were going to the top of the ninth inning, the umpiring cruise set up. No raining too hard. Let's get to the tarp and that will be where we're at for this foreseeable future. Here with the rain going through the Atlanta, Georgia area. All right, let's go out to Martin in Orange County starts things off on this rain delay edition of Dodger Talk on this Friday.
Speaker 5: How you doing Martin?
Speaker 8: I'm doing fantastic.
Speaker 2: How are you today?
Speaker 5: I'm doing great.
Speaker 7: Dodgers are three ounce away from a win margin to make it six in a row.
Speaker 8: I know I've been listening to the game. Hey, I just wanted to speak up listening to the game. I wanted to mention and correct Rick Monday on something. And he was talking about when when the Empire damaged his throat guard, and then he's talking about Steve Yeger. That's when it was invented for.
Speaker 9: Steve Yeger, and Monday said Yeger got hit in the throat by a ball. That's not true. I was watching the game. Bill Russell was at matt Yanger was on deck. Bill Russell's bat broke in half. The barrel of the bat, the jagged edge of the barrel of the bat kit Jaeger in the neck one inch. Either way, Yeager would have been dead. Somehow Yeager survived, and Bueller invented the throat guard because of that, not not by getting hit by a ball.
Speaker 7: I'll point that out, Mart, and I appreciate that. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. I think the point of all is that the throat guard is there for the protection of the catchers, which I can appreciate, and the umpires, which we could all certainly appreciate. And tonight there was a foul ball there in the eighth inning, and the throat guard there was to protect, and the throat guard helped out the home plate umpire. Tonight there at Truest Park and a foul ball that was, you know, ninety eight miles an hour off the bat will little behind the plate.
Speaker 5: The throat guard protected him. So however it was.
Speaker 7: Invented, we're just glad it was invented for the safety of catchers and for the umpires. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. It is a rain delay edition of Dodger Talking here on a five seventy LA Sports and the Dodgers Audio network in Silver Lake here in southern California.
Speaker 5: How you doing Allen?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 10: And the two things? Three things? Maybe I would Rick Monday is right about almost everything, so let's give him that credit. And I used to work for the New York Post, so don't get too lound up. Our job is to inflame people. My question is, and I don't have an opinion or an answer on this, I'm curious, what is the plan B on third base? If Monsey, if even with the signs that he's coming awake, if he doesn't hit, what's gonna happen there?
Speaker 7: What are the options if Monsey can't turn things around? Alan, Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's my question.
Speaker 7: Thanks, Well, I think they got a lot of answers they can go to. But keep this in mind. This is not a short runway for a Max Mounsey. This is not a We're gonna give him another twenty five at bats, another fifty at bats and then see where he's.
Speaker 5: At make a decision there.
Speaker 7: Max Monsey's gonna have a long runway to turn things around. And quite frankly, Max Munsey has looked better at the play. Sure he's got you know, a strikeout or two tonight. He had the home run on Wednesday. We hope that, you know, unlock something offensively for the Dodger third baseman. Still not hitting over two hundred on this season. I worry more about Michael Confordo in left field because quite frankly, Max Munsey has earned the right to get out of his hitting funk, to get out of wherever he's at offensively forever long it takes Michael Conforto, to me is the bigger issue.
Speaker 5: Michael Conforto hashit. He won fifty two on the season.
Speaker 7: Michael Conforto has been the everyday left fielder and as a left handed bat, has been a guy at the bottom of the lineup that they can roll out there every time they face a righty. I have to start wondering how long is his runway in left field, because if you're gonna swap out somebody, and I'm just gonna throw two names out there, Keith a Hernandez Chris Taylor to play left field on an every day basis instead of Michael Conforto.
Speaker 5: Now you're going to a right handed bat. Okay, now you're no.
Speaker 7: I don't think you're swapping out a lesser defensive player. I think it's kind of an equal, you know, Key k Conforto, Chris Taylor all about the same defensively. In left field, it's the bat, and you're getting now a right handed bat as opposed to another left handed bat in Michael Confordo. But you're gonna get hopefully more consistency out of whatever bat that's gonna be at the bottom of the lineup playing left field. That's the one I think about more than Matt's Muncie is what's gonna happen with Michael Conforto if he continues to struggle tonight zero for two, a walk, but a couple of strikeouts. Because everybody else seems to be either getting out of their early season slumps or seems to be finding a way to get back on track. If a little bit of a blip on the radar, like Mookie Betts had that ten game stretch where things just weren't going right offensively well, seems to you has turned the page. Freddie Freeman's hitting three twenty four Now folks don't look now Will Smith hitting three twenty one on the season and not worried about the top of the lineup. Andy Paez has a stretcher that he has been unconscious. You know, he was the National League Player of the Week last week. It's Michael Conforto that is really the one that I would have concern with over Max Mounsey eight six, six, nine eighty seven to two five seventy.
Speaker 5: Let's go to.
Speaker 7: Eric and Studio City is next up here on rain delayed Dodger Talkers. The Dodgers have a two to one lead over the Braves through eight innings with the tarp on the field in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Eric good?
Speaker 2: How you doing good?
Speaker 1: So with Max Munsey, I'm excited he's wearing glasses again or no for the first time, kind of doing what Key k Hernandez did last season. Yeah, so hopefully that'll get him out of the slump. But I'm more concerned with our bullpen.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Our bullpen beat up on some pretty weak teams in the last six games, but they have not been doing well. And especially seeing Kirby Yates come in and almost blow another game with a home run like he did with the Cubs. It's pretty disappointing as a Dodger fan to watch Yosanovo amazing start today, watching him go stick to shutout innings. Such a special performance from him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was great. He continues to be great.
Speaker 7: I think last year in October, Eric, he really took that next forward. I think it's the confidence to go out there and to get the results and to be that dominant guy on the mound, not being dominant in size, not being dominant in overpowering hitters, but just being dominant pitching. He settled in very nicely into the major league second half of the season, really into October, and that's carried over to this year. The confidence is just oozing from Yoshi Yamamoto.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is, and it's fun to watch as a Dodger fan. It's fun to see his progressed in and hopefully he can being motivating, a good motivator for younger guys who were in the same position as him last year, like Roky Sustaki. You know, I know Roki Sutaki has been having a little trouble with his command, and hopefully he'll be a guiding light for Roki this year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Eric, I appreciate the phone call things for checking in eight sixty six, nine eighty seven to two five seven. Will keep going on the phones we'll hear from Jose Mota as we play the waiting game on this Friday night Dodgers in Atlanta.
Speaker 5: The tarp is on the field.
Speaker 7: They've played eight full innings, Dodgers with a two to one lead. They were getting ready to go back out and bat in the top of the ninth before the tarp was put on the field. And now we wait for the rain to pass through the south, northern Era and northern Atlanta and hopefully finish off this game soon eight six, six, nine, eighty seven two five to seventy rain delayed. Dodgita continues right here in Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: Your listening to La Dodgers Baseball on top of the Mountain on the World Chimney.
Speaker 5: In La Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 12: He's bet the highest exit velocity of any player in this game.
Speaker 5: It's almost ninety six miles an.
Speaker 6: Out Lookie swings hits a drive to left field and deep going back is per Dugo still going.
Speaker 12: Back and this bowl has gone. It's a home run for Bets, his fifth of the season, a solo shot for Mookie, and the Dodgers lead it two to nothing.
Speaker 7: Rookie Betts goes deep to left center field on a two fastball, his fifth of the year that gave the Dodgers eighty two to ninhering lead in the top half of the sixth inning. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast. Go to am FI seventy LA sports dot com keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card just for predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniels Jewelers own the dream. We're in a rain delay in Atlanta. This game is not finished quite yet, but almost, as they have played eight full innings at Truest Park in Atlanta. The Dodgers with a two to one lead over the Atlanta Braves. Tanner Scott had a one, two three bottom of the eighth inning.
Speaker 5: The rain was starting to.
Speaker 7: Fall, got heavier and heavier, and then they said, that's it. Even though we were one eating away from this game being officially over in a final, we are now in a waiting game to see what will happen for the rest of this game and the conclusion. The Dodgers again clinging to a two to one lead. While we wait, let's check in with Jose. It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 5: All right, Jose, I got a lot to get to with you.
Speaker 7: First off, what's the deal with the weather right now? What's happening at Truest Park.
Speaker 12: Oh, it's Atlanta, man. I mean, we see this band coming in from the Gulf of Mexico, Alabama.
Speaker 1: We know he's going to hit us, and here it is.
Speaker 12: But I'll tell you what though, Seeds fans here are keeping this environment alive. The music. It's like an all American dance stuff going on right now.
Speaker 11: Put it in.
Speaker 5: That is great.
Speaker 7: We had a couple of callers calling here, raindol Aid Dodger talking and they mentioned the Steve Yeger incident.
Speaker 5: That was a lot mentioned and.
Speaker 7: You've got a real up close and personal view of that moment, right man.
Speaker 12: Let me tell you the Motor family was allowed to go to San Diego for road trips and it was my first day as a bat boy, Thank you, Jerry Turner, and I am nearly behind Steve Dieger. Okay, third base dugout. You know, the old Jack Murphy was a very short run from the dugout to home play. And let me tell you, I saw that bats line like a helicopter blake coming in and I saw a story Steve Viegger rather than neck saw when he fell right in front of me, and it was quite scary. I mean, I'm like, what what happened here? Like? What do I do to I'm supposed to be up the bat?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I pick out the broken bat and rests history. Bill Bueler, by the way himself with former athlet I turned for so many years, and I mean this guy was a classic key was right on that Danny come up with the design to protect your your's throats. Of what you see hanging you know under the umpires now and some of the catcher's maskbots up. It is a day I will never forget. My first day of that boy on the road great unis. I'm so excited. There we go on a moment I will never ever forget.
Speaker 7: It's interesting watching the newer catchers now where those hockey masks that don't have the full protection on the neck. I know it covers, you know, kind of to the middle of the neck, but it still doesn't I don't think I have full coverage, which is kind of scary.
Speaker 12: No, And all they've done is through through the years they have been able to make it where they kind of study where most of the foul balls were coming and just to create more of the reflection with the angles because I mean, go back to the old days. And then one bother went across the eyes. I mean that was a full on catch a foul ball in your brain was rocket man. So I'm glad through the years, thanks Hockey by the way in the designs and the flection of the bucks, they've been able to do it for base But you know what, if it's gonna get you, it's gonna get you. I mean it's like a guy worrying all the protection of his elbow or protection on the ankles and shins. Before you know it, that ball's gonna find exactly where you're not covered. So go figure that out. That's baseball for you.
Speaker 7: We are in Raindolai Dodger Doak Jose Mota Live and Truest Park in Atlanta. Dodgers a two to one lead over the Braves through eight innings with the tarp on the field. The first six innings were fantastic pitching match up back and forth from Grant Holmes and Yoshi Yamamoto. For Yamamoto, Jose did not allow his first hit until two outs in the six. Austin Riley at two out doubled the end of the no hitter. Yoshi Yamamoto, he looks fantastic.
Speaker 12: He's been outstanding. He threw today a tot of twenty seven splitters, seventeen turbolls. And to me, even though the curveball came into this game having been a pitcher, when they make contact, they hit well against it. But to me, is a pitch that sets up everything for him because it upsets the angle of the eyes for the past ball up and it offsets the splitter. And today the splitter man it was tumbling a whole lot. I think he might be picking up a little bit of Sosaki there by the way, I'm just taking a little bit often and using more of a what was like a football type type deal. Today we see some of those scenes flying in and you know, Yoshi knows how to page. I think Yosha has a great understanding as to what the big league is about. More now the pressure of October making every game count. I think you know we see him practically at javelin. I bet he'd be great throwing darts, because it seems like he throws darts with the fastball and he paints wherever he wants.
Speaker 7: Tonight, the offense, it took a spinner around the lineup Jose for them to get to Grant Holmes. When they did in the fourth inning, bets the infield single freeman, the infield single tay Oscar drew a gwalk to load the bases. The main part of the lineup finally broke through, and then Will Smith at.
Speaker 5: The sack fly.
Speaker 7: That seems to be something that the Dodgers do really well and have done well the last few seasons is figure out us starting pitcher. It may take a spin through the lineup, may think two or you know, no more than two times around the line, but they'll eventually get to you.
Speaker 12: Exactly, you know, and getting to somebody it doesn't mean going to go out there and blow him up and scores six or seven rounds. It means just what can we exploit whatever he's given us. Because this version of Grat Holmes was excellent. The one of Dodger Stadium gave up four ernies and you know what, four guys gave Oppah home run this one was really good.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 12: And he was painting and he's he trying to show he really badly.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 12: Breaking Bill's down an end. Tanging speeds both sides of the plate. But as you mentioned, you know, even though the Dodgers went out there too kill the pirates and the monitors, but there is this development now or more fundamental baseball understanding what's going to take more and more to beat good teams. And he carry that off. It doesn't matter who's on the mound where you're playing against. Once you have a feeling like that, it's very contagious him. I'm telling you, Bokie Bez puts the ball in play, that's contact. Fredit Freeman puts the ball in play, luckily deflected up. Matt Olson was an excellent first base and then how about to Oscars That that to me changed everything. Yeah, before the sax fly by Will Smith and one thing for the Dodgers, I mean, there was going to be right a top of Sax flies. I think there was their eleventh for the season started the big leagues. But we saw happen in the postseason. We saw it happen in their most important games. They are very patient and they know exactly without approach you got to have with a sackfly possibility is to stay through the middle, big part of the field because most fly balls you hit are going to be without wanting to to the opposite field. And in that case, I mean hitting coaches will tell you, hey, if there is a choice of the calls for you know, infield in fly ball, don't try to pull because they're going to be playing run into the pitcher's hands. So I think the great approach by Will Smith and certainty, one more thing, you have my motitude going back to pitching. How about the reaction again? Another line drive that he's got a glove exactly where it needs to be, Tim, how about that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's gonna win a gold Glove for his defense. I'm convinced of that. We had a caller bring up Max Munsey and his struggles. Jose and how long is that runway for Max Munsey if he continues to struggle and the power just isn't there consistently. I said, he's earned the right to have the longest runway possible, And I brought up Michael Conforto's name is a guy who's struggling even more than Max.
Speaker 5: Munsey offensively, and.
Speaker 7: I don't think you're gonna lose anything if you swap him out, whether Chris Taylor or a Kik defensively, you may see and improve it offensively. But he's hitting one fifty two two punch outs tonight. He's zero for two with the walk. Michael Conforto to me, is more of a worry than Max Munsey.
Speaker 5: Am I wrong?
Speaker 12: I think you're absolutely right, because I think you know when when the Max monthly struggles come up and people bring his name about what's gonna happen, it's almost like come on to somebody available, like they want to start baseball, right, Max Bundzy is gonna have a long runway because Max Munsey, even when he got playing, well, there's some games here and there that when he's not hitting, he's gonna go up through prolong and editing with a walk. He sees a lot of pitches. Now, remember he started using this glasses, the corrective glasses. He's gonna be able to see the ball a little bit better today. Help And I'll tell you what. It takes an adjustment sometimes for your brain. And I'm telling you from experience for your brain to say, oh wait, a minute. I can see the ball all the way now, I can see the edges of the ball and not just like this blur. Right, and you have to be even more selective with discipline.
Speaker 2: Munsey has a long runer.
Speaker 12: Max Mussey did not get a hit in the World Series, right, and the dollar's lung Okay, he's got along leash now from Florido. I agree with you. We need to see more competitive mats. We need to see better fights on certain pictures. We need to see better coverage of the plate, and we need to see a better plan to stay with it. I think when he is any is a kid that has success. We know what happened last year. He at twenty home runs seventeen on the road. But there's a time in which he has to just be athletic and let it fly and just go out through and trust that whatever they got you here for is going to work, and go in try to be so perfect. To me, he's cut off in the perfection of trying to just be perfect with a sewer approach, and he's catch them so thinking too much. This guy can do some damage. We just have to know how much is left in him, and you have you do have options because obviously you have Kik as you mentioned, Yeah, Chris Taylor, and I think the lease is a little bit shorter for him, but hopefully he'll get out of it. But the val you'd need both of these guys. And the good thing is is we mentioned they have a lot of death when it comes out to somebody not producing.
Speaker 7: All right, this game is eventually gonna get over at some point. We saw them brushing off water off the top of the tarp. Who knows that that's a sign that is starting to let up. But it's give me weather tomorrow. If it gets banged and there's no game tomorrow. What does Jose Mota do in Atlanta? Is there a food spot you go to? I know in every city you've got a spot you like to go to.
Speaker 5: Where is it in Atlanta?
Speaker 12: Well, it's about barbecue. I hit it off quite nicely last night. I actually got some Dominican from here today. So tomorrow an the option. Let's see what happens, hey, game or not, I'm gonna go out there and try something new. So hopefully we will be interrupted by by the rain. We're gonna have a ball, but I might even make some a little uh pictures there and do a little hot yoga too.
Speaker 5: Oh I love that, Jose.
Speaker 7: All right, any update are they are they working on the They are.
Speaker 12: They have the big air blowers blowing under them and they're using this we used to get the water off. So the plant has to kidting on because it's lading on right now more than miss right now.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, so it's lighting up a little bit, Jose. We appreciate it, and we'll check with you hopefully tomorrow after the.
Speaker 12: Game and hopefully three more outs of the Dodgers then get this.
Speaker 7: W absolutely there he goes Jose Mota live from Scheuest Park in Atlanta. We are in a rain delay here on the Dodgers Audio Network as the Dodgers have a two to one lead over the Atlanta Braves through eight innings. Yoshi Yama Moto was fantastic for six shutout innings. He didn't allow us first hit until two outs in the sixth to Austin Reiley, a two out double struck out six along the way walk to both of the walks in this game where Tomorzella Zuna, the designated hitter and quite frankly their biggest threat in the Atlanta offense with his back as he can just absolutely tattoo the baseball, and he was nibbling a little bit trying to get Ozuna to chase.
Speaker 5: He didn't chase on.
Speaker 7: The splitter of the fastball, and those are the two walks that he gave up. Was to the designated hitter for the Atlanta Braves. Did not come around to hurt him as he had six shutout innings tonight for the Dodgers, who would gaint have a two to one lead over the Braves through eight innings in Atlanta. Weather expected to be an issue tomorrow, so hopefully this game could get concluded and tomorrow we'll see what happens. Sunday Night baseball from Truest Park is scheduled for four to ten Pacific on Sunday afternoon. By the way, Rookie Sasaki scheduled to go tomorrow in the second game of the series, and then Code Red Dustin May will go at it against Bryce Elder on Sunday eight six six nine, eight seven two five seven. He got time for your phone calls as the ground screw continues to work on the tarp which is still on the field at Truest Park. In Atlanta. As Jose mentioned, they got squeeze. He's out there. They got a human line of guys just squeezing off that tarp on the top of it into the left field outfield grass. So hopefully this is a sign that the rain is letting up and they feel like we can at least get a conclusion to the final inning of this game in Atlanta. Again, a ten day, ten game road trip for the Dodgers with stops in Atlanta, Miami, and Arizona with four against the Diamondbacks. Not ideal to have the opening game in Atlanta with the rain delay, but it will certainly be a lot easier going to bed tonight for the Dodgers if they can get a win in this game and again one inning away from that as soon as this rain delay is over. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy Mark and Boyena Park is next up here on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 11: I do it, Mark, I'm doing sign thanks.
Speaker 2: You know, I was just wondering how is James Auman doing in the minor leagues. Could he be an option for the outfield.
Speaker 7: Well, we'll see if Autman, you know, when his turn and number is called again. He's a great eight defensive center field there. There is no doubt about that. He just won the Player of the Week in Triple A down in Oklahoma City. Had a good week for sixty two average, twelve hits, two home runs, five RBIs twenty one total bases.
Speaker 5: Not a bad week for James Outman.
Speaker 7: Let's see if he can continue that overall in Triple A hitting just two forty five and has six home runs and nineteen ribies, so a lot that production. I just mentioned why he won Player of the Week in Triple A last week was in that little short week where he had an offensive spurt there, so hopefully he can continue that. I love James Outman. I love the way he plays. I love his tenacity out in the outfield. He's not afraid to dive after a ball, whether it's glove side or a backsided catch. I love the fact that he's not afraid to go back to the wall and make a catch. He plays a tough center field and it's been the offensive struggles and he came onto the scene early on with the Dodgers and offensively was like, Wow, this is gonna be hard to take this guy out of the lineup, and then he cooled off and last year was a struggle for James Outman, up and down and really not got his job back and started the year in Triple AY. This year, I know he wanted to have a really good spring in hopes of opening the eyes of the Dodgers and for him to make a serious case to play center field. Unfortunately, he got beat out by Andy Pajz and the Dodgers signed Michael Confordo in the offseason. He got ta Oscar Hernandez and right thankfully, the outfield is not hurt right now. I mean, tay Oscar is healthy and he Pajes is healthy and producing. Michael Conforto he's not producing, he's healthy, and you've still got Kek Hernandez, and you've got uh, you know, Chris Taylor who can play the outfield. These guys are healthy, so there's no open spot for James Outman. Now, let's hope that nobody gets hurt. But if somebody in the outfield were to get hurt and have to go on the injured list, I got a feeling James Outman's that first call for the Dodgers to call him up from Triple A eight sixty six, nine eighty.
Speaker 5: Seven, two five seventy.
Speaker 7: Shay and Glenn in the eight one to eight joins us now here on Dodger Talk during this rain delay.
Speaker 5: Shay, how you doing doing well?
Speaker 10: How about yourself?
Speaker 5: I'm doing good.
Speaker 12: Awesome question for you.
Speaker 10: If the rain doesn't stop, what are the umpires going to rule?
Speaker 7: Well, they would continue it tomorrow and pick up and going into the top half of the ninth inning. But we're getting indications right now that this game will start in less than thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: It's what we're here, not bad. Yeah, yeah, that's what we're getting right now.
Speaker 13: That it might be an official games since more than five innings, Well, I.
Speaker 7: Guess they could officially bang it and say yeah, it's an official game and call it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: I think the Braves would have to agree to that as well, And in a two to one game they probably would say, Hey, no, let's let's try to wait it out and let's try to play it tomorrow.
Speaker 5: But appreciate the phone call shape.
Speaker 7: It looks like this game is going to get resumed here at seven thirty seven thirty five ish is what we're looking at right now for resuming in the top half of the ninth inning. In case you're just joining us year on a FI seventy LA Sports and the Dodgers Audio Network, the Dodger Game's not over yet.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers were up two to one.
Speaker 7: They've played eight innings at Truest Park in Atlanta, and going in knew the weather was going to be an issue. As the night went along, this game was in a full sprint. The first six innings. It was a pitcher's duel between Grant Holmes and Yoshi Yamamoto. It was really fantastic back and forth. The strikeouts were starting to mount up for both Homes and ya Yoshi Yamamoto, who both pitchers win six innings and they combined for fifteen strikeouts Homes in Yama Moto, and then it became a bullpen game after that. After Grant Holmes gave up a sackfly and a solo home run in the fourth and sixth inning, the Dodgers went to the bullpen with Kirby Yates and he gave up a home run to Matt Olson in the seventh inning. And it's a two to one game through eight innings right now. As the Dodgers have that lead over the Atlanta Braves, and it will continue to be a bullpen game when it resumes. In the top half of the ninth inning, Dodgers looking for some insuredurance runs, and it looks like it'll probably be Evan phillips On in relief. That would be my guest, since Yates has already pitched an inning and Tanner Scott has already pitched the eighth inning, so the high leverage relievers getting used tonight in the seventh and eighth. It looks like probably the ninth inning with Evan phillips I would assume would go out there and pitch to close it out for the Dodgers, who again have a two to one lead over the Atlanta Braves but would love to get some insurance runs. Would love to come back out in the top half of the ninth inning with Freddie Freeman due to lead things off for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Win play resumes, and again they are working on the tarp right now.
Speaker 7: We expect the tart to come off the field here in the next five to ten minutes, and all indications from the Great DWAYN McDonald and the booth there at Truest Park is that this game is scheduled to get underway just after seven thirty Pacific ten thirty local time in Atlanta, So we got time for your phone calls Dodger fans. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy Dodgers sitting in the top first place in the nl Wes mentioned it earlier, Mookie Betts starting to get hot, this Dodger offense clicking out that they're pretty much healthy. Tommy Edmond will find out more postgame. What's the status with Tommy Eman who's missing now second straight game with a foot injury. So hopefully it's nothing serious for Tommy Edmond. We'll find out more from Dave Roberts on the severity of that. He touched on it in the pregame about maybe an IL stint. Maybe not too early to tell, And right now the Dodgers would love to get him back in the line of how versu till he is playing second base and certainly playing center field, but without Tommy emand in the lineup tonight, Andy Potter has playing center field and Miguel Rojas getting the start at second base eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Man well in guardena Manuel Happy Friday to you, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey, Happy Friday. Timmy kind of got my thunderstole from Shade because I was gonna ask you the same thing, and if you didn't have the answer, I was hoping maybe I know it all. Martin could call back and correct you. But when exactly do they deem it like a total game, call it as a game, or decide to continue it on? You know, do you know, like the timeframe is like one hour, two hours, or well, this.
Speaker 7: Game is gonna get underway so we don't have to worry about the what ifs. If this game where that can keep going, they would wait it out, and being that it's only what seven fifteen, seven thirteen now Pacific time, ten thirteen on the East coast, they would give it a couple more hours it hopes that it hopes it would clear out. Before making a decision. It's past the five to any mark, so you could call it if you want it. But I imagine the Brakes would say, uh uh, it's not a blowout.
Speaker 5: It's not a nine to one game. It's not a seven to one game that's out of control.
Speaker 2: They would have kep the team kind of kind of understanding.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I'm ashamed to say I don't have a rule book in front of me.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's all good. Maybe Martin will call back and correct you. But hey, on one other note, it's just nice to see that the Dodgers, you know, not even firing on all cylinders, not even having all the horses out there from the starting, starting pitching and everything like that, are still out to such a great start. And I think that's a tribute to Doc Roberts, the greatest MLB manager here through the first ten years of history, for those of you guys that don't know and try to hate on Doc, and then also for my man Andrew Friedman for the way he puts together this roster every year. So I'm looking forward to a deep run once again. And let's see if anybody could stop these Dodgers, baby, because we know they are world champions and looking to go back to back.
Speaker 5: Love you, Jimmy, love you calling all right, man, Well, great to hear your voice.
Speaker 7: Eight sixty six nine seven two five seven. Again we're in a rain delay Dodger Talk here on NI seven, DLA Sports and the Dodgers Audio Network. They have finished squeezing off the tarp that is on the field at Truest Park in Atlanta. The rain has been now falling for just about forty five minutes or so.
Speaker 5: You've been in this rain.
Speaker 7: Delay, and we've got eyes on the field at Truest Park, and they have the grounds crew lined up in a row in left field in preparation of rolling this bad boy up. And it's not supposed to stop raining, from what we understand. Dwayne McDonald, the great Dodger producer, engineer in the booth with Rick Monday and Tim Neverett, it's not supposed to stop raining, but it'll be a drizzle. It'll be good enough for them to get an inning into baseball in and hopefully it can be a quick inning and the Dodgers can come out of this with the two to one win, if not more, by attacking on some runs to the top half of the ninth inning. And again, they've played eight full innings at Truest Park, Dodgers a two to one lead. It'll resume with the Dodgers batting in the top half of the ninth inning real quick before we get back out to the phones. In case you missed it, yesterday, the Dodgers added a pair of relievers, claiming JP Fireheusen off waivers from the Arizona Diamondbacks and also picking up Ryan Lutos from Saint Louis. Both were designated for assignment earlier this week, and the corresponding Knew moves Michael Kopek and Blake Trining, were moved to the sixty day IL. Now, keep in mind, the Dodgers have already used twenty three different pitchers through thirty one games this year, one more than the Braves and the Orioles for the most of the major leagues. Again, last year, they set a franchise record with forty different pitchers used in the twenty twenty four season. Now Here in twenty twenty five, already up to twenty three pitchers. And we talked about this for the last three weeks, the amount of usage the bullpen is getting.
Speaker 5: They're gonna have to add more arms because.
Speaker 7: They just cannot maintain this pace of pitching two out of every three days or three out of it four days, and the amount of innings that continue to rack up for high leverage and low leverage relievers. They just can't do that, and they don't have the depth right now in TRIPAA to bring guys up and to eat innings. And so what we've seen this Dodger front office do over the years, go out pick up guys like Brent Honeywell off of waivers and they come in and they eat up innings like pac Man. And tonight the Dodgers did that again, acquiring right hander Ryan Lutos from the Cardinals for cash considerations and picking up old friend JP firehis and off waivers from the Diambacks, who Jp has already pitched for the Dodgers the last couple of years.
Speaker 5: So there'll be.
Speaker 7: Arms that will come in and help out this Dodgers team, like the Luis Garcias of the world, who have been really big for the Dodgers, helping them out here the first month of the season. A Luis Garcia who many didn't even know who he was and certainly didn't expect him to be pitching this much for the Dodgers in the first thirty one games eight six, six, nine, eight, seven, two, five seventy of the good news is the tarp is being rolled up right now as we speak at Truest Park in Atlanta, So this game is scheduled to start a little after seven point thirty Pacific ten thirty Eastern, and we'll get it back out to the booth with Tim Neverd and Rick Monday, shortly before they resume this game, which we'll start back up in the top half of the ninth inning. Freddie Freeman will be due up for the Dodgers. We'll see who the Atlanta Braves throw back out there in the top half of the ninth inning. After this, it will be about an hour raindo lay hour plus rainde lay in Atlanta. Let's go back out to the phone. So let's go to Paul and Elsa. Gundo has been very patient. You're on raind Lay Dodger talk here, Paul, are you doing good?
Speaker 9: Till?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Hey? Early Strange off the cut. So, I've been in the movie business for thirty years and I am a riflong Dodger. How do I get a job holding the hose? What they do to the infields for my retire my job?
Speaker 1: I want a.
Speaker 4: Job just holding the hose in the spring of it. How do I do that?
Speaker 5: Any aggress Yeah, you want me the hose guy, Paul, I get that. I understand what you want to do.
Speaker 7: You have to go to school for that, probably you have to probably get a master's degree, get holding a hose. So I would have figured that's what you have to go do. If you were a coaching move that you wanted to make, I would suggest the Masters in Coaching at Concordi University of your Vine if you wanted to get into that. If you wanted to find out more about how to better your career, Paul in Elsigundo as a coach or administrator CUI dot edu slash coaching CUI dot edu slash coaching again to better your career, Paul, But as soon as like you've been in the business for thirty years, the movie business, which certainly has taken a turn for the worse, I guess as far as production here unfortunately in Southern California, a lot of things moving out of Southern California into other states.
Speaker 5: As far as.
Speaker 7: Filming, which we hate to see, including Atlanta, Georgia, where they film a lot of things now. So if you're looking for changing your career, Paul, may I suggest coaching or an athletic director CUI dot edu slash coaching. Adam and Phoenix out in the six OZ two was just out there last week.
Speaker 5: How you doing Adam what JT. What's going on?
Speaker 11: Adam?
Speaker 3: So, yeah, so I like that. I also want to hold a hose.
Speaker 1: But uh, dude, we're we're all good. Stop, We're all good.
Speaker 3: It from the pitching standpoint, I think everybody needs to chill out.
Speaker 1: We're all good.
Speaker 12: All.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it, Adam, Yeah, all good and the Dodgers feeling all good right now with the two to one lead as the game will resume officially at seven thirty five. They will resume the game at seven thirty five Pacific, ten thirty five Eastern. The tarpa is off the field, the grounds crew is working on home plate in the pitcher's mound right now, and we're starting to see some of the players starting around in the dugouts there for the Dodgers and the Atlanta Braves. So again, this game will resume with after an hour plus raindo Lay in Atlanta. The Dodgers a two to one lead in this game going to the top half of the ninth inning. Nico in Torrance joints us here on Raindolay, Dodgers talk.
Speaker 5: Hi do a Nico, good, how you doing man?
Speaker 7: I'm doing good. Better now that they're going to resume this game. Hopefully the Dodgers can get a win.
Speaker 13: I know, yeah, I'm right there with you. I want to take a minute talk about Dalton Rushing. Yeah, I really pegged him to get called up last year, and I was surprised when the Dodgers signed Michael Confordo for this season. I really like Rushing's offensive game. I know he's not there, he's so somewhat of a question mark defensively. Maybe that's holding him back, but I did think that he was gonna play left field for us start and starting at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that experiment has ended, Nico, and I appreciate the phone call. He's not playing left field anymore, and that was something they tried with Dalton Rushing in the second half of the minor league season last year. Seeing that there's a roadblock at both catcher and first base, well at least for the immediate future. At first base, Freddie Freeman's not getting any younger. But when you signed Will Smith to a ten year contract, right there is a roadblock for anybody below Will Smith at the catching position. And we've already seen the Dodgers trade off a couple of their young catching prospects. Now, Dalton Rushing is the next in line for the Dodgers behind the plate. As I mentioned, they played him in left field a couple of games last year. In the minor leagues, he's been primarily a designated hitter and a catcher in TRIPAA, Oklahoma City. Now the offense, there's no question he can produce. The twenty four year old. He's a left handed hitting catcher. In seventy six at bats already, he's hitting three sixteen with a nine to thirty two OPS with three home runs and eleven RBIs. So the production is there for Dalton Rushing. I just don't know what his future is with the Dodgers at the big league level. And I say that having doing the Farmer Report on off night Dodger Talk for the last couple of years and seeing his rise and seeing other catchers like Diego Kartaia as an example, be shipped off and again, you're gonna run into a wall at the major league level when you've got Austin Barnes, a veteran, and you've got Will Smith who's here for the long haul catching, and you're not gonna move Dalton Rushing to the left field because it just didn't work.
Speaker 5: So where does he fit? I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think it'll be interesting to see what his future is past the trade deadline this year top prospect. Dodgers have some needs at other positions, certainly pitching, and the lack of starting pitchers that are healthy right now has been an issue. Could the Dodgers use him to go out and get some help as far as arms the second half of the season, legitimate arms to help him the second half of the season, another bat in the outfield.
Speaker 5: We'll find out.
Speaker 7: But the more and more you look at Dalton Rushing, he's not getting any younger. He's twenty four and he's kind of got to that pinnacle of the minor leagues at TRIPAA. Where where do you go after that? You're producing offensively? What else is there left for you to prove?
Speaker 5: Not much?
Speaker 7: He's just hit a wall with Will Smith and Austin Barnes ahead of him at the catching spot. So we'll see what the Dodgers end up doing. It's only the beginning of May, but certainly something to keep in mind, and I think it could be where the Dodgers are late leading to maybe dealing him at the trade deadline, because he is a highly sought after prospect and certainly somebody who could be playing at the major league level for a long time, like a Kyle Schwarber. Is the best comp that players have been compared to him with, you know, former catcher, a guy who maybe can be a DH for you, maybe play a little first base, a little bit of outfield when needed, but primarily a designated hitter. Michael and Shatsworth is next up here on rain Delayed Dodger Talk.
Speaker 5: How you doing there, Michael, just fine.
Speaker 11: David and I want to first off, just thank all you radio guys for the great job you do. Your your insights and explanations and stuff are delightful.
Speaker 1: David, you're one of the good ones.
Speaker 11: And Tim and Steven and Mo those guys are absolutely tops. They are. They have taken up where Vince Scully left off. And oh, by the way, I'm not looking for a job. About the only thing I'd be good for as a coach would be to help him come up with better wise cracks, you know, like go get it out of the ocean.
Speaker 5: That was a good one.
Speaker 11: Yeah. My question is what can you tell us about Charlie Steiner, I have a family situation with blood cancer, and Charlie is an inspiration besides being a terrific broadcaster. What do you know about Charlie, Well.
Speaker 7: We were thinking of Charlie. Appreciate the phone call, Michael. Hope to have Charlie part of the broadcast a lot more moving forward here. But I know he's resting and recovering and getting better day by day. So hopefully we'll hear Charlie's voice more and more as the season goes on. And you're right, Stephen and Tim have done a great job and continue to do a great job calling Dodger baseball with the great Rick Monday. So yeah, everybody's doing a great job covering and Charlie. Hopefully we'll be back soon when he's able to. As looking right now on sports and at LA we got ti Oscar Hernandez warming up playing catch with Miguel Rojas, so we're getting closer to first pitch resuming in Atlanta after an hour plus rain delay, Dodgers a two to one lead over the Atlanta Braves. Dodger's two runs on four hits, the Atlanta Braves just two hits in the game. The first hit of the game did not come until the sixth inning with two outs, Austin Reiley a two out double off of Yoshi Yamamoto, who had a no hitter for five and two thirty innings. Now keep in mind he threw ninety one pitches, no runs, just the one hit, six strikeouts. Going into tonight's start, Yamamoto had an ERRA.
Speaker 5: Just a tick over one tonight.
Speaker 7: If you add these six innings, no runs, one hit, six strikeouts, he has now hit forty innings on this season, twenty four total hits. He has given up forty nine strikeouts in forty innings, and he has lowered his RRAY to now zero point nine zero on the season. Again, he was just announced earlier today as the National League Pitcher of the Month for his record and his roray and outs and his dominance in the first half of the first month of the season. And he has continued to pick up where he left off in October. And it's fun to see Yoshiyamamoto dominated on the mount has.
Speaker 5: Become the Friday starter. It's like college baseball.
Speaker 7: Now we have the Tuesday starter, the Friday pitcher, the Saturday pitcher. Now you've got Yoshiyamamoto, who has now become the Friday starter for the Dodgers, and Roki Sasaki who has now become the Saturday starter for the Dodgers, and all the other starters are just kind of filling in after that, including Dustin May who will get the start on Sunday. Our final call. Let's squeeze in Mark and leg Forest Mark. Welcome to raindelay Dodger Talk.
Speaker 5: HOWI you doing awesome?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great. How are you loving me? Sa Yamamoto? Hey, I think this rushing thing, this is going to work out. We all know Will Smith mid season at that starts to slow down. He gets tired. He's great, but I think he gets tired. Right, So you have Barnes on the roster too, great catcher, great for the pitchers. Right, you have Otani coming back. You can use Otani to be, you know, as a DH for Barnes when Otani pitches, and then you can use rushing behind the plate from time behind to give Barnes arrest. Russian can also play first base rest freeman a little bit fis feet. I think he can fit perfectly into that utility mold with the Dodgers, and it took a better bat than what they have out there with Conforto and Taylor, So find a way to get one of those guys off the roster. I think he would get enough at bats and benefit the team.
Speaker 11: What do you think?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think he could get the bats when Otani is pitching that that is certainly a case.
Speaker 5: But that's gonna be once a week. It's not gonna be once every five days. It'll be once a week.
Speaker 7: So that's just not enough at bats for a young twenty four year old who's trying to set and get his you know, bearings here at the big league level. I wish it would have worked out for him playing left field last year.
Speaker 5: I don't know, if it was just not in the.
Speaker 7: Cards for him, he couldn't figure it out, just didn't play good defense and left I don't know, but ideally, I imagine, if you to the Dodger front office, if he could have figured it out in left field and hunkered down as a defensive player in left field, there could have been a spot for him. Heck, if they would have known that in the offseason, they probably would have opened up a spot for him going into left field in twenty twenty five as it is, Michael Confordo's signed. You got other guys who are playing out there. Andy Pie is now playing in center field more so. Yeah, we'll see what the future is with Dalton rushing, but we know the future of this game.
Speaker 5: We're gonna finish it. So we go to the top half of the ninth Inna.
Speaker 7: We played eight full at truest Park, an hour plus rain delay, and the tarp.
Speaker 5: Is off the field. They're getting ready to resume play when we come back.
Speaker 7: Dodgers a two to one lead over the Atlanta Braves.