Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: The following program is sponsored by Invite Health, who is solely responsible for its content. Welcome to Invite Radio. You're about to receive responsible, life changing information on health and nutrition. You'll hear from Invite professionals who are leaders and targeted and anti aging nutrition. Get ready for tomorrow's nutritional science Today right here, right now.
Speaker 3: Good morning, happy early spring Saturday morning.
Speaker 4: Thank you for joining me on this sojourn through healthy nutrition.
Speaker 3: My name is Jerry Hickey.
Speaker 4: I'm a nutritional pharmacist and it's always an honorary privilege.
Speaker 3: To be speaking with you.
Speaker 4: Invite Health, that's who we're talking about here, that make incredibly high quality, very fresh, very safe supplements that have benefits proven in science and high quality, gold standard human clinical trials. So we know that these supplements work and there's a way to use them. And you know, one of the beautiful things about Invite Health is they have nutritionists on hand help guide you for what you need because it's not one size fits all. So I'm going to be talking about two supplements today, maybe more I could talk about any supplement I want on this program. Normally we just discount the products I discuss, but today we're having our spring sale.
Speaker 3: It's still ongoing.
Speaker 4: So any invite product, you buy one bottle that suggested retail, you get the second bottle free, So you're getting fifty percent off retail, fifty percent off suggested retail. And of course if we ship it and it's thirty five dollars or more, we flit the bill for the shipping. So that's really a big deal. So there are two supplements I'm really going to focus on mostly. One of them is like superior for the brain, even though it works throughout the body. It's superior for the brain. And the other one, although it works throughout the body, is superior for your heart and muscles.
Speaker 3: And both of them decline and.
Speaker 4: Concentration in the human body as we grow older. You don't have to be old to lack these different disease states decrease them like diabetes, aging decreases them. And I don't mean you have to be eighty to have low levels. Levels sink in your fifties, So if you're not feeling energetic, you're not feeling like if some endurance, these two supplements can help a great deal.
Speaker 3: So let's start. I take both of these.
Speaker 4: They're very safe, they're super high quality, they're very pure, they're very fresh. One is called alcohar with ala, which is two nutrients, but they work together. There's a synergism, which means one in one doesn't add up to two. One in one might add up to ten. It might be so much greater the benefit of having these two supplements together because they're involved with pathways throughout the body, the great feear of liver. They great for your heart, They good fear muscles, They burn fat, so it kind of in a way helps restore your metabolism them for your physical self. When you were younger, it was a lot easier to use calories for energy. And one of the reasons, one of the reasons, okay, there's many reasons, but one of the reasons why the declines is a deficit in these two.
Speaker 2: Nutrients being made in the human body.
Speaker 4: Alcar which stands for c loo quantine, and ALA, which stands for a form of lapoic acid that works throount the body off of la poet acid. So what they're doing is they're taking the fat calories and they're putting them into your muscle and you're burning it for energy. So what happens, well, muscle does have a memory of sorts.
Speaker 3: It's a weird thing.
Speaker 4: But once you've built muscle, it's easy to get it back and easier to reinforce its function. They power up your muscle, so you're taking fat and you're putting the energy into your muscle. And it's very common for people to go on alcohol with ALA and lose ten pounds of fat and gain ten pounds of muscle. So that's just the opposite of what happens in your forties, fifty to sixty, seventies and beyond. But they can enter your brain very easily. See this is important. Other forms of carnatine. Carnatine allows the body to use food for energy. Other forms do not easily get into the brain. This form gets past the blood brain barrier and gets into the brain because the brain loves this stuff. In fact, they've seen that there is a line of decrease as brain health and memory declines. So people with good solid memory function in their seventies and eighties, like myself, their alcohol level is fine. It's functioning well. It's not what it used to be, but it's still good. I mean, you had more in your brain, you were making more in your brain in your forties and fifties than you were in your sixties and seventies. But you still doing a decent job. People will have memory loss, Frank, memory loss. There's a big drop in alcohol performance and creation in the brain. And people with Alzheimer's, oh forget it, there's a forty fifty percent less in their brain. It's just not functioning. And they've shown that alcohol to a degree is an antidote and a protective agent against dementia and even Parkinson's disease, two brain diseases we see as you age.
Speaker 2: So alcohol with ALA they feed.
Speaker 4: Your brain fatty acids, and since your brain has so much fat in at the huge content to fat, this is really important because not only do they allow the brain to use fats efficiently and create energy efficiently, but they also remove the toxins after everything's used, because as you know, fats can go bad. So alcohol with ALA not only feed the brain, but they remove toxins. Because the brain is super high energy and a byproduct of energy production is always toxins in the body. So the brain is super high energy, so there's going to be a lot of toxins formed. You want to get those toxins out of your cells. Alcore really does a good job or removing those toxins. So it also repairs your power plants. Your brain cells have thousands of these power plants. They're called mitochondria, and they get kind of wrinkly and inefficient with age, and the alcore helps repair them and rebuild them. But it restores brain metabolism. See, you know they if you take an extreme scenario of poor metabolism in the brain, metabolism is every biological activity that's going on in your body at one time, right and all these different things that are going on in each cell. That's metabolism. Metabolism is not just energy, and metabolism is not just fat loss or muscle pain. That's only part of it. But metabolism fails your brain with age. It gets tired, it gets fatigued, it's not working effectively, your mood declines. Maybe you even have trouble sleeping, You have trouble with energy in daytime. Alcohore flips that flips it back to a younger stage, and all of a sudden, you're creating energy in your brain. Your mood absolutely increases. You're actually more energetic in the daytime, and it's clearer thinking and better concentration and focus on memory utilization. But you sleep better at night. So here's something that in the daytime is giving you good brain energy. But at night you're sleeping better. This is the truth, and you'll wake up feeling better. So I was saying that a severe example, an extreme example of poor brain metabolism is Alzheimer's disease. And Alzheimer's disease, the brain is all messed up, it's all not working well, and there's a storm and the air of free radicals and inflammation, et cetera, and pure utilization of everything and death of brain cells and a great deal of inflammation. And what happens is you can't use calories for energy anymore. That's diabetes. So there are re search that call Alzheimer's type three diabetes or diabetes of the brain. I mean, even researches at Columbia University. But the politics aside. They do good medical research and brain research at Columbia University. So if you take out all the crazy politics. At Columbia University, they do brain research that's high quality. Okay, there's really dedicated physicians up there and researchers up there and scientists. They really do a good job and they there's actually researchers there that call Alzheimer's diabetes of the brain. Well, alcohol is just the opposite. It allows the brain to use fats and sugar for energy and metabolism and for rebuilding and healing.
Speaker 3: Now, a couple.
Speaker 4: Of ways it does this is by one, you can use calories for energy again. Two, you're increasing neurotransmitter function, proper neurotransmitter function. Neuro Transmitters are like over one hundred different messengers in the brain that make the brain function. So a tiny release of these things at the end of the nerves picked up by the next nerve and the brain works. So one of them it restores is gabba that relaxes the brain but also allows you to store memories, glutamic acid and glutamate that give the brain energy and efficiency. And acetylcholine, which is remarkable in the brain because it heals the brain. It grows new brain cells at night when you're sleeping. But it is the memory neuro transmitter. So alcohol with ALA is dynamite as far as what you could do for your brain as you grow older, you want to put it back in your brain. You want to feed your brain. It's like miracle grow for your brain. Alcohol with ALA is like miracle grow for your brain. You feed any plant miracle grow and it's developing stronger roots and more roots, and the stem is getting stronger and the flowers are coming out because all of a sudden, it has the things to function. Well, that's alcohol with ala. It gives the brain the things that needs to function because it dropped. You want to put it back in your brain. But it also defends the brain. And one way it defends the brain is by restoring metabolism. Yes, that's extremely important because poor metabolism allows the brain to die, literally allows the cells of the brain to die and allows brain inflammation. And poor metabolism, you don't have any antioxidant defense anymore. So anything pollution, cigarettes and more alcohol really destroys brain cells at a more rapid rate, at a higher rate. So it's brain defense, anti Alzheimer's, anti Parkinson's disease, anti memory loss, it's anti memory loss in a number of ways, because it restores brain energy, brain metabolism, healing of the brain, healing of the little vacuoles that create energy called amtochondria day release energy. But also because it's restoring the seal of colding levels, which is un believably important. A seal colin allows your brain to snap, crackle, and pop in a good way that you can take in information, you can store the information, and you can regurgitate the information. That's cognition, that's memory. I mean, it's amazing. And how does it prevent Parkinson's Well, one way is it restores proper use of dopamine. Dopamine has to break down, dopamine has to be delivered, dopamine has to function. So the alcohol with ala restore the proper use of dopamine in the back of the brain for your physical function. So I think that, uh, I've said enough about it. How much do you take? How safe is it? It's extremely safe. It's supposed to be in your brain, but levels have dropped, so you're just putting it back into your brain. And like I said, other forms of quarantine like propioi, quantine and l qarnatine are not entering your brain. You need alcohol, which is a stylocannitchine to get it into your brain.
Speaker 3: How much do you take?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Anywhere five hundred milligrams to two grams a day, depending on what's going on. Like, if I had real memory loss, I'd be taking two thousand milligrams a day of alcohol. I would be taking two thousand milligrams. I don't, so I take five hundred milligrams a day. It seems to be sufficient for me. So do you take it with food or not? You know, hard to say. You can make an argument either way. It seems to be better without food, So I take I generally taken it an hour before breakfast or in between meals. I want to take it early in the day because wow, it jump starts to bring. It really jump starts to bring. So alcohol is definitely something if you're over at the age of fifty and you're a little depressed and your brain's not working as well as it used to get on it it's safe.
Speaker 3: Can you take it with food? Yeah? Yeah, Like I said, it's hard.
Speaker 4: To make the argument either way with or without food for this supplement, there really is. I take it without food because the earlier research indicated that, so it's become a habit. But some of the later research says, well, food might actually help it get into the brainy.
Speaker 3: You know, that's the nature of research.
Speaker 4: It's very hard to decide with some of these things what is the actual best way to function. Not so much with nutrition, that's usually more clear cut, but you know, research in general, like what foods are the best, what foods are the wars you That stuff gets a little lot of gray area. There a lot of confusion. Okay, so let's go to an early break. Now we're having our spring sale and it's still going on and I think it's on until Tuesday. So you can write up a list of what you're lacking as far as your supplements or what you'd like to try this, it's the time to do it. You buy one bottle that suggested retail, you get the second bottle free. See you're getting fifty percent off. And like I said before, and that's all invite products, all invite products, And it's the same whether you go into the store or you call on the phone, or you go into the website and order doesn't matter. You get that fifty percent off on two bottles and of course if we ship it, which is the lion's share of waters. Because we have clients all over in Texas, California, Florida, Canada, all over the place. Well, I don't know so much anymore about Canada. Those people are getting annoyed with us. But not to touch on politics. I'm not a political guy. I love everybody.
Speaker 3: But the thing is that.
Speaker 4: If you ship it to you and it's thirty five dollars or more, we pay to shipping.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go to a break. Every here can Invite Health. I'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Does springtime make you think of more daylight? Flowers and trees in bloom, or even spring cleaning? Those are all good, but not as great as the Invite Health Buy one, get one free Spring into Savings event. The sale is on now by any Invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free Spring into an Invite store today. To learn more about how to stay healthy with the help from one of our nutrition experts, give us a call to order by phone right now at eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two. Listen to past shows and informative podcasts all at invitehealth dot com. Visit invitealth dot com for our retail locations and to set up a free nutritional consultation in person, by phone or by video. Take advantage of invites limited time buy one, get one free spring into Savings sale. Contact Invite at eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two That number again, eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two, or go to invite health dot com.
Speaker 3: Okay, welcome back.
Speaker 4: I have to tell you, I just want to This is a little side thing, one thing I'm really enjoying. I'm basically retired except for radio and reading research and giving advice to my old buddies at invite health on supplements. You know what to make, what strength, et cetera. I still recommend how to make supplements to them. They still have me on the hook for in a good way. They don't ask me. I love to do it. I help them design your supplements. But that's a good thing because I have decades and decades of experience, plus I'm a pharmacist, plus my backgrounds biochemistry. It's not just nutrition. That's a nice combination. It's not a combination that makes you rich, but it's a combination that's really interesting if you want to get rich become a doctor. Oh okay, let's get back to it. One thing I'm loving is the Coast Guard to Auxiliary. If you need some buddies and you need a purpose in life, they have them all around One Island, Connecticut, et cetera. You fly in California or over Dead and of Florida, join the Coast Guard to Auxiliary. I'm almost one hundred percent at this point because you have to take tests and meet certain standards, etc. So it takes time. I'm really enjoying it. I'm surrounded by these great, friendly, wonderful people with a lot of knowledge who care about other people. I mean, it's really a good thing. You don't need a boat, you don't even need to know how to swim, you don't even have to go in the water. You could still work. Get into the Coast Guard Auxiliary and I'm telling you you're going to enjoy it. It really gives you a reason to get up in the morning. Now, let's get back to work here, you bick win wall is the second supplement I'm going to focus on. Doesn't mean, I won't mention other things. And everything's on sale because we're having our spring sales. So that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: You bick when all.
Speaker 4: Is absorbed better than traditional coq ten. So what is coqu ten? Coki ten was discovered in Fendaseikh, Japan. What was it eighteen ninety or nineteen ten or sometime around there. Fenda Siku was turning the century nineteenth century, the fancy way of saying that umkoki ten was discovered in Japan. The lion's share of research was performed in Texas.
Speaker 3: People won.
Speaker 4: Really major awards for the research state did, even though Bell prizes for the research state did dan in Texas. And how are you biquen all is made in Texas. So it's the only Cohenson q ten made in America. All the rest of made either in Japan or China. There might be one in Europe. I'm not quite sure at this point that might be. Now, ubiquinol is absorbed many fold better, especially in older people like myself, and that's important because it's involved with energy, and we'll talk about that.
Speaker 3: We'll get to it.
Speaker 4: It's very interesting supplement Coen's on q ten itself is the third leading supplement in sales in the US in general generally from you ety years to third leading sold supplement. Very popular supplement, but certain people need to switch to ubiquin all, which is the active form see because coq ten is not active. But for a younger person, for most of them, that's fine because they activated very efficiently. But older people fail to active activate co q ten at a reasonable amount. We will devate some of it, but really not efficiently enough. So you're better off switching to ubiquin all, which is already fully functional. So Collin's on q ten and younger people improves air durance, improves their physical performance. I mean, they've taken ubiquin all in younger people and it was unbelievable. They've taken even like twenty year old Olympic athletes and improved their physical performance. How do you do that? These people are like unbelievable. They're already at like the apex of human physical exertion and performance, and the ubiquin all increases it. And I tell you something, if you improved their finishing time one or two seconds, that could be the difference between a gold medal and no medal and a gold medal is probably worth a million dollars in revenue from advertising, et cetera. You know, so, ubiquenol is absorbed much better in people by age than traditional coqu ten, but it already works. So even though it's absorbed like seven times better, it scenes according to the research human trials. It also works because it's active. We can't really activate the other one, the traditional coq ten so well. And this is also true for all diabetics, even a five year old diabetic or a thirty year old diabetical, certainly a fifty or sixty year old diabetic. One of the problems see diabetes is known as a disease of sugar. But it's not just a disease of sugar. It's a disease of metabolism. So your bad fats go up like your bad cholesterol and your triglysriides go up. You're inflamed and you don't have energy. And that's where the UBIQORL comes in. It restores the energy, especially in the heart and muscles of diabetics or people over like the age of fifty five. So in young people you could use ubiquin all for endurance and physical performance. In all older people like me anti fatigue. Many human clinical tribes proved this beyond a reasonable debt, beyond the doubt, not just a reasonable doubt.
Speaker 3: That's trial.
Speaker 4: That's a trial, and that's a jury beyond a real doubt. I mean it really works. If you're fatigued, try ubiqraal because it's really safe, and we have American ubiquinal main in Texas, and in fact, our ubiquenol is the ubiquinol used in almost all the human clinical trials published in medical journals. They use our ubiquinal the kanika ubiquinal so so called coke q H. But in older people it's really important for heart health. So it makes it easier to create energy. So let me explain probably an easy way to understand this is a light bulb, so don't run away. I'm gonna make it simple. Basically, what happens with a light bulb. Let's say you have a circuit. Right, you have a battery and you create a wire going from the negative to the positive connections of the battery. So the negative connection of the battery releases the energy. Negative does not mean lacking energy. Negative means there's an electron shift. So the negative part of the battery releases electrons. They get to the light bulb and there's resistance and the electrons build up and the filament heats up and eventually it glows and you have light. Whil Ah, you have light. It's pretty much that basic, that simple. And then the electrons go back to the positive part and they cycle, they cycle around, right, I mean that's how That's basically what you're doing with a fleshlight. And that's basically what ubique all does. You bick when all is kind of like a battery, it's kind of like the circuitry because it makes the electrons flow smoother in your muscles and your heart and your brain, and you have energy. So where is this really important? See ubiqu wine all would be called a colfactor. It makes proteins work better, and in this case we're talking about the proteins that create energy called ATP. So ATP is the currency for energy. It releases the energy. It's like striking a match.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: The ubiquen will gives the circuitry the energy for ATP to release the energy so that your muscles work. So the circuitry needs energy. Then the ATP gets a little bit of extra energy and it can release the energy and you function. This is almost all your energy and the human body your energy, and your eyeball the energy, and your brain the energy, and your hearing the energy, and your kidneys and your muscles and your skin everywhere.
Speaker 3: That's where it comes from.
Speaker 4: So ubique when will makes energy work and your muscles, your heart, your skin, your liver, your lungs, your kidneys, everywhere, all yourselves, your brain, your eyes, your nose, your hearing. It benefits every section. But where it really shines and older people is fatigue and the heart because they've seen that when you improve your biquen wol and an older heart heart functions better, it makes the heart younger. The heart's working more efficiently like a younger heart. So why is that important? I've said this before. Your heart, generally and most people beats a little bit over one hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Times every day.
Speaker 4: So what's that? Just terrible quick math? Is that over thirty six million times per year, so one hundred thousand times a day. The heart never rests, really, it's just beating and beating. Of me sleeping in bed, and it's beating, and you're walking up the stairs and it's beating even harder, and you're cooking food and it's beating so you can stand up and move your arms and just the heart's always working. It's always pumping the oxygen around the boy and the blood. It's pumping that blood around the by to get your nutrition, to get your calories, to get your energy, to get everything going. So the problem is that there's a real drop in ubiqu when all levels and the heart with aging, like like on the outside of the heart, there's like a seventy six percent drop and ubiqu when all function with age. So you have to take a supplement to get it back into heart. It's not like the heart can borrow ubiqu when all from another organ. It doesn't work like that. So you have to take a supplement and a certain amount of that ubiquenal gets to your heart and it gives the heartback efficiency and energy for pumping. So the heart's less likely to go haywire because there's less stress in the heart. Heart's calmer. So basically, you're taking a seventy year old heart like mine, and you're making it like a forty five year old heart. Again, forty five year old hearts don't get heart attacks. It's seventy year old hearts that get heart attacks, and they've proven this. A number of studies out of places like Sweden and the United States have shown a drop in heart attack incidents dramatically and a drop in fatalities related to the heart in older people that take ubique even koch ten to a degree, but Ubique one all is better. Ubiq one all just works more efficiently. It just works better. And when it comes to heart attacks, well, you want to survive that heart attack or you don't want it at all, and you biq one of if it's president in your heart, and also the alcohol with ala. By the way, if they're president your heart, there's less damage.
Speaker 3: God forbid.
Speaker 4: Yet a heart attacks, there's going to be more heart left. That's straightforward. They shown in general, older people survive longer, and they thrive and they're more active. When they have ubiquinal supplementation, they're less likely to have a heart attack, heart failure, a stroke, all these nasty things. And they've even shown people with damaged hearts heart failure, which can be a horrible scenario. If you have heart failure, which often comes out of a heart attack damage, maybe add a second or third heart attack, and so much of a heart's damage that it's not functioning well. It can't beat, can't pump, it can't beat efficiently. It's not pumping enough blood. So you're always fatigued, it's hard to breathe. It's not a good thing. I mean maybe you're even stuck in your chair because of it. Uh, they've shown that and people with milder levels of heart failure, because advanced heart failure.
Speaker 3: Is really scary.
Speaker 4: Advanced heart failure is horrible, but people with early to mid stage heart failure, you're preventing additional heart attacks. And you're keeping these people alive by giving them u biquin all and that's on top of the best medicine out there. You add a ubiicinal in them matter prolol to a tour statin or whatever it is, and.
Speaker 3: They do better. They do better.
Speaker 4: So we spoke about two supplements for energy, but alcohol with ala for the brain just makes a brain younger, makes your brain survive better, makes them improve them mory, improve your mood. And then we spoke about you beckmen Wall, which makes your muscles work better, which helps your energy. If you're older, it helps with fatigue and it protects your heart. But everything's on sale. We're having us. I'm out of time. We're having our spring sell and stay tuned for Amanda Amanda Williams after the news.
Speaker 3: Thanks God, bless the springtime.
Speaker 5: Make you think of more daylight, flowers and trees in bloom, or even spring cleaning. Those are all good, but not as great as the Invite Health Buy one, get one free Spring into Savings event. The sale is on now by any Invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free spring into an Invite store today. To learn more about how to stay healthy with the help from one of our nutrition experts, give us a call to order by phone right now at eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two. Listen to past shows and informative podcasts all at invitehealth dot com. Visit invitehealth dot com for our retail locations and to set up a free nutritional consultation in person, by phone or by video. Take advantage of invites limited time buy one, get one free Spring into Savings sale. Contact Invite at eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven two. That number again eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two, or go to invite heealth dot com.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Invite Radio. You're about to receive responsible, life changing information on health and nutrition. You'll hear from Invite professionals who are leaders and targeted and anti aging nutrition. Get ready for tomorrow's nutritional science today right here, right now.
Speaker 5: Hello and welcome to Invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams, Director of Science at Invite Health, and happy Saturday morning to everyone. I have wonderful news to share with you. As you just heard from Jerry Hickey, our spring buy one, get one free sale is still going on, which means you still have time to take advantage of the entire Invite Health product line being on sale right now. So do make sure that you stop by one of our stores and have a chat with one of our nutritional experts. They are there to help guide you through the process that can at times seem overwhelming. There's always the basics that everyone should be zeroing in on, including taking a multi vitamin, taking a Omega three fatty acid. So whether you're selecting from our Performance multivitamin as an example, or taking our krill oil or our fish oil. You definitely want to make sure that you have those included into your daily route. Now this week alone, there's been so much information that has come out when it comes to nutrition. So I want to share some of these studies with you because I do find them to be very relevant to many of the common things that people are dealing with on a regular basis, but also tie into to the Invite Health product line. So since we're having our Spring buy and get one fre sale, I thought it would be advantagious to tell you about these new studies. So and that came from the Journal of Clinical Nutrition, and it was looking at metabolic liver disease, which is kind of a new term for non alcoholic fatty liver disease, and they were looking at glucosamine. So this is really interesting. You've probably heard myself as well as Jerry Hicky, talk about glucosamine in the past in the setting clearly of joint health, but also for the way in which glucosmine has been shown to be very helpful for brain health. And just were regulating not only inflammation in the body, but just overall cellular function and in this particular study, what they were looking at was a direct causal link between the impact of glucosamine and when it came to overall liver function. So as I was looking through the data from this study, it was really fascinating because there was over two hundred and thirty thousand individuals who they were looking at their liver function test, So this is looking at the different liver enzymes. And this was done over in the UK and one of the things that they recognize was that those who had a higher intake of glucosmine via supplementation had a much lowered wrist of having fatty liver disease or aka metabolic liver disease. And they said, our findings are suggesting that glucosamine could be beneficial as well as even a therapy for those who are currently dealing with non alcoholic fatty liver disease. So this is just another one of those wonderful benefits that can go along with daily supplementation. We have our glucosamine and chondroiten. We have our college x HA which contains hydrolyzed collagens, so it has the powerful collagen peptides to support your joints has the hyaluronic acid in that, but it also contains glucosamine. So we have many different options for you if you're you know, maybe you've been into your doctor and they've told you, you know, watch your carb intake because we know that the carbohydrates are the main driver for non alcoholic fatty liver disease. So in this study, this is just kind of one of those reinforcing facts that we know about how one particular thing in the body is working in multiple ways, and glucosemine happens to be one of those things. So you know, maybe in the past you've used glucosemine for joint health and you say, oh, you know, I tried glucosemine and it didn't seem to help my joints at all. And I always tell folks if you fall into that category, maybe you have a friend that you play tennis with or pickleball with and they say, oh, I take glucosemine every day and my joints feel great. And you say, okay, great, I'm gonna try glucosemine. And then you do and you're like, well, I don't see a difference at all. Remember that when we're looking at joint dysfunction, if we're looking at any issues that can arise when it comes to arthritis, there are many moving parts to that. I mean, no pun intended. We want to have good, you know, mobility with in the joint spaces, but you always have to to recognize that we're all unique in our in our own way, and when it comes to to joint inflammation or joint dysfunction, there are different reasons why you may be experiencing inflammation and pain. One could be a lack of chondroid and in a lack of glucosamine. That is clearly one area that we can always assess, but it could be a lack of hyaluronic acid. So the like cushioning between the joint spaces has kind of started to seep out in a sense. And so this is why the collage x AHA is such a great choice. When you're using collage XAJA, you're getting not only the collagen peptides, you're getting this really comprehensive blend of powerful antioxidants that can fight off the free radical damage that can be occurring within the joint space. There's tumeric extract in this, so we know we are getting targeted anti inflammatory action and then you're getting that glucosamine as well. So there are many different ways that the joint can be creating a problem for you. So this is why I oftentimes will turn to a product such as flex HX or the collagex HA because of the comprehensive blend in that. So if you look at flex HX, for example, that has your collagen peptides in that, so we're replenishing collagen that's been lost through the years. But then it also contains bromolane, and we know the power of bromolane when it comes to going in and eating up any level of inflammation that's occurring within the joint space. And then that also contains dermatin soulfate also known as chondroitin. So when we have a problem going on in our joint, the more how comprehensive we are, the more successful we're going to be. Because sometimes, like I said, if you're just using one thing, if you just say, well I just tried glucosmine and it didn't work for me, well there could be a reason why that is. It could be that because your joints actually need the highaluronic acid or that the level of collagen loss is the main reason. So look to those two products in particular and you should find great success. So one is colloge x ha has the hyaluronic acid, the glucosamine, the collagen peptides in that has tumeric in it. There's even grape seed extract in that formulation as well, just to enhance the antioxidant power. And then you can also look at FLEXHX and the flex HX with the collagen peptides, the bromoline and that chindroiden certainly packs a punch. So do make sure that you check those two products out during the spring sale. And remember, folks, this is a limited time event, so we launched it last week. It doesn't last forever, so you have to to make sure that you stop by one of the stores or go to our website invite health dot com to take advantage of those wonderful deals. Now let's carry on because as I said, there are so many studies that have come out, So let me move to the next one, cause I think that you will find this one as interesting as I did. This one is fascinating for me on a couple of different fronts. Number one, we know that the body requires alphaalopoic acid. It's one of the most important antioxidants in the human body and it plays many functional roles, one of which is it helps to stabilize our other natural antioxidants. So when we look at OQ ten, for example, if the body is lacking in alfalopoc acid, that can have a direct effect on diminishing your COQ ten levels. So, while it's very complex, we know these things. So this is why it's always wise to make sure that you're taking COQ ten every day along with your Omega three fatty acid and your multivitamin. I would say that there's the main things that everybody should be taking. So say, for example, you take the Core multivitamin from Invite Health, you take the kryl Oil Advanced, you take the coke ten ubiquanol. And remember the ubiquenol form that we use is conica. So conica is the bioidentical form of coenzyme Q ten. So al falopoc acid is very important to maintain healthy coq ten levels. And we also know that a cetyl l carnitine is incredibly important to generate up energy to help the body regulate blood glucose spikes, and when we're looking at the combination of those two, we turn to our wonderful formulation that we have, which is the LCAR with ALA. Now we know ALCAR with ALA is a powerhouse when it comes to cognitive function, just so for brain health in general. So if you have concerns with memory, attention focus, this is going to be an excellent product to include into your routine. But it's also wonderful for folks who are maybe a diabetic pre diabetic, because we know it helps with the regulation of blood glucose. It does a wonderful job with daily cellular detoxification and protecting our cells from oxidative stress and free radical damage. But in this particular study, they looked at the combination of l CAR with ALA, which I think is really fascinating. I'm like, wow, they could have been using the invite health formulation in this study. So they found that women who are prone to migraines, and so this is very interesting because we know that women have a higher tendency to have migraines throughout their life and there's a direct hormonal connection to this. So when we look at estrogen balance in the body, and progesterone levels. This can be a triggering reason why women throughout their life, so it's not like, oh, it's just why you're having your menstrual cycle. This can occur post MENOPAUSEI as well, So it's because of those hormonal fluctuations that we see this uptick in migraines in women compared that two men. So this was a randomized, triple blinded, placebo controlled trial, so it's a very advanced clinical trial. And they were looking at the use of of acetyl alcarnatine and alfalopoic acid, and they found that when they gave women five hundred milligrams of acetyl alcarnatine and then giving them a thousand milligrams of alfalopoc acid. They had them do this every day for twelve weeks and then they had a placebo group. They found that the migraine frequency, severity and their overall mental health because if you have a woman who is dealing with chronic migraines, this can lead to issues such as anxiety and depression, low mood. Certainly, it can affect energy levels. So these are all the things that we always like to look at and we recognize in this particular study that after twelve weeks, those women who had been suffering with migraines for years had a significant improvement on their overall quality of life. So this is why when we are assessing individuals, when people come in and they have a conversation with us at Invite Health, we always ask those questions because we want to make sure that we get you on the right nutrients for your specific health needs. Now, maybe you have never experienced a migraine in your life, and that is a wonderful thing, but perhaps this is an issue that you have or someone that you know has. This would be a wonderful thing to bring up with one of the Invite nutritionists because we may find that the inclusion of our l CAR with ALA formulation can give you significant support. So it's an amazing breakthrough study. And we know that there's been direct correlations between a CL carnatine levels and depression, and they have found that individuals who suffer from mild to moderate depression, if they test their blood level of a CTL carnatine, those levels are expected to be low. So these are the reasons why when we do all of these different assessments when you come in and you have your free nutrition consultation, that we recognize that us having those conversations with you is the key to success for your wellness journey. And I always say that's what makes Invite Health so incredibly unique is that we have the not only the powerful formulations, but that we have a staff of nutritional experts who are so incredibly passionate about helping you when it comes to whatever your wellness goals are. So do take advantage of that. You can stop by Forest Hills today, for example, and have a conversation with doctor Claire. I have a lot more than I need to cover, but I'm looking at the clock and I do need to squeeze in a quick break, So stick around with me. I will be right back just after this. Does springtime make you think of more daylight? Flowers and trees in bloom, or even spring cleaning? Those are all good, but not as great as the en Inite Health Buy one, get one free Spring into savings event. The sale is on now by any Invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free spring into an Invite store today. To learn more about how to stay healthy with the help from one of our nutrition experts. Give us a call to order by phone right now at eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two. Listen to past shows and informative podcasts all at invitehealth dot com. Visit invitehealth dot com for our retail locations and to set up a free nutritional consultation in person, by phone or by video. Take advantage of invites limited time buy one, get one free spring into Savings sale. Contact Invite at eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two That number again, eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two, or go to invite heealth dot com and welcome back to Invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams. We're having our spring by when get one fre sale going on right now. And of course all of you know I'm a huge basketball fan, so I'm in my glory right now. March madness. I'm just I stayed up really late last night to watch all of the games. I would say it's interesting the way that they schedule out the games that in the beginning, you know, they stack all of the games. You know, and they start at like noon and they then you have the ones that are being played over on the West Coast and they don't even you know, tip off until after ten o'clock at night. And then you get into the next round and then there's you know, less teams, and so you know, by the time you get to the Elite eight and the final four, it's like you're like feeling like you're not getting enough basketball anymore. But goodness, gracious Saint John's, you know, they really have a shot at it. So I know, for all of you New Yorkers, this is an exciting time for you. My Wolverines they are going to be playing later today, so we'll see how that all turns out. It's going to be a tough game, and if we look kind of the way that we did the other night, it could be a rough, rough, uh rough thing. So hopefully they are a little cleaner today. It was a quite the sloppy game the other day. But in any event, it's my favorite time of year. It used to be my favorite time up in Michigan because I loved springtime. I like to you know, see the snow clearly go away, but then to start to see all of the flowers in bloom and the trees, you know, getting their leaves back. I just I love this time of year. It's a little bit different down here in South Florida clearly because you don't always recognize the seasonal changes. But in any event, you know, it's still springtime, and you know, we have the joy of having our spring Bogo sail going on. So let's carry on with more studies because, like I said, they're very relevant to to the Invite Health product line. And when it comes to the way in which I go through clinical trials, each week, I get a ton of them coming through, and Jerry Hickey does as well. And sometimes we'll call each other and I'll be like, Jerry, did you see this study? And he'll say, oh, my gosh, I was just reading that this morning. So we were talking this week and you know, going through some of the different research studies that have come out, and because we're both you know, science geeks, and we love looking at this stuff. And sometimes it's overwhelming for us because we get so many you know, journal studies that get passed along to us throughout the week. But in any event, we always you know, pencil out time in our day that we can rese search all of the data because it's what we do every day and it's what we love doing. Because this is why Invite Health is who we are, because we are based on the science. We are based on the clinical research. You know, we don't willy nilly throw products together. This is always based upon that sound clinical evidence. And so when you look at a product like alcar with ALA, there's a reason why so many years ago Jerry decided to partner up the acetyl alcarnantine with the alphalapoic acid. There is a reason why when he formulated flex HX that he partnered up the hydrolyzed collagen along with the bromolane and the ch anddroyten in that formulation. And same thing when you look at our coenzyme q ten formulation. There's a reason why we use Conicut because we don't want to source our coq ten from any other place besides where we know the clinical data shows that supplementation is going to be beneficial, and we know this is the case with our coq ten ubiquhenol sixty milligram and our ubiquen al one hundred and twenty milligram, which is also partnered up with the NADH. So when you are supplementing with the Invite Health coenzyme q ten, you can rest assured. You say, Okay, I know all these years ago Jerry Hicky was sitting there at his desk and he was looking at the clinical research. He was analyzing that data, and he was saying, this is what makes sense for a product for the invite Health line. And so when you're using it, you know you're getting the highest potency and highest quality in the most well researched of those nutrients. So I digress. Now I am going to talk about this study that came out, and this isn't a new study in the sense of the topic based because there are many other clinical trials that have indicated that low serum coq ten levels, so meaning your blood levels. So say you go in and you have a coq ten blood test done, which is a hard feat to have happened because doctors never test your coq ten. But if you are lucky enough to have a functional medicine doctor, then you are going to have that coenz i'm q ten level tested. So we know that co q ten serum levels have been shown to have a direct relationship with diabetes. And and this makes sense because think about the function of coq ten naturally in the body. Remember, it's the one of the main energy sources for your cell. So if you have diabetes, then we already know that you're dealing with an energy compromised system. So if you take a diabetic and you test their coq ten level, one is going to forecast that when that blood test comes back, your coq ten level is going to be at the low end. So this is something that has been well documented. But in the reviews of cardiovascular medicine, they discovered this link between the use of coq ten among people who use statin drugs. Because remember this is a fairly common thing now. I remember many years ago, decades ago now, when people would be put on a statin medication for their cholesterol and then they started to feel, you know, really kind of achey, the muscle aches, the fatigue, and they're like, what in the world is going on? And doctors weren't drawing that connection that the coq ten level in the body was being depleted because of the statin drug. So if you're on a crestore eliptor any of those medications, or the generic variety of those you need to be taking coenzyme q ten. This is well known, but we also know that individuals who have high cholesterol oftentimes fall into that category of having metabolic syndrome. So what does that mean, Well, it means that not only do they have elevated LDL levels and elevated triglycerides, but it increase in their abdominal circumference so belly fat, and they have insulin resistance, so they're metabolic syndrome. And they were looking at diabetics who were taking a statin medication for their cholesterol and then they gave them coq ten and they could see this direct relationship between a better management of not only their total cholesterol through the action of co q ten, but also how impactful that was on blood glucose regulation. So looking at hemoglobe and A one C levels and understanding that coq ten plays a direct relationship to how the body responds to rises in blood glucose. And they said that individuals who you know, take a statin and coenzyme q ten have a reduced risk of developing new onset diabetes. Remember, if we are a pre diabetic or we have metabolic syndrome. Just adding in co Q ten alone is a means to overcome that insulin resistance. Obviously, we have to look at dietary modifications as well. Now you can't you know, just think, oh, I'll just take my coke ten and I'll just you know, eat high carbs and you know, eat my cookies and all my sweets and drink my sugar sweetened beverages all day. You have to make those dietary modifications as well. And you know, adherence to a Mediterranean diet that is so incredibly important. The fiber intake is critical to this. If you already know, if you're listening and you're like, yeah, I know, I don't eat enough fruits or vegetables. That's me. Please go and take our fiber gummies. When you take the invite fibergummies, you're getting three grams of fiber per serving. Why does that matter? Well, because we know Americans do a very bad job at getting a high enough intake of fiber in their diet each and every single day. Why because you don't eat enough fruits and vegetables. I always go back to, you know, how much are you supposed to be eating? Well? When it comes to your fruits one to two cups per day. And this isn't just like, oh, once a week I have a fruit salad, so I'm covered right now. We're talking one to two cups of fruit per day, vegetables two to three cups. Now, I think most people can do a self assessment on that and go I'm probably not coming anywhere close to two to three cups of vegetables per day. Now. This is kind of fascinating because there was a study that came out this week and it was published in the Food Research International Journal, and researchers over in Australia we're looking at the different properties within foods and the fiber component to that and saying, you know, we know that there's high rate of all of these chronic disease states out there, and this is a global issue. We can see problems when it comes to irritable bowel, we can see you know, cardiovascular disease on the rise, non alcoholic fatty liver disease, which I've already mentioned today, diabetes, So you know, where is there a commonality between all of these and we can look at the diet and the interesting findings from this research out of Australia. I definitely want to be able to share with you because there's such a direct connection between the foods that we are eating every day and our overall health, and it really truly makes such a difference. So I'm going to get into some of the details of this, but I do need to squeeze in a quick break. So remember, we have our Spring Buy one, Get one freestyle going on. You can go to our website invitehealth dot com. You can order your products there, you can give us a call, or you can stop by one of our stores and have a chat with one of our nutritional experts. So stick around. I will be right back just after this. Does springtime make you think of more daylight? Flowers and trees in bloom, or even spring cleaning? Those are all good, but not as great as the Invite Health Buy one, get one free Spring into savings event. The sale is on now. Buy any Invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free spring into an Invite store today. To learn more about how to stay healthy with the help from one of our nutrition experts, give us a call to order by phone right now at eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two. Listen to past shows and informative podcasts all at invitehealth dot com. Visit invitealth dot com for our retail locations and to set up a free nutritional consultation in person, by phone or by video. Take advantage of invites limited time buy one, get one free spring into Savings sale. Contact invite at a eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That number again, eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two, Or go to invite health dot com and welcome back to invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams. Happy Saturday morning to everyone. We're officially into springs. That's exciting. I listen to your weather first thing this morning. Sounds like it's still a little chilly there, but in any event, you know warmer days are ahead. You want to focus on your energy. Take your coenzime Q ten, folks, that's important every day. Remember with dietary supplementation, the key to success is to be on a regular routine. So take your invite. You biquin all coenzyme Q ten every day helps to generate up more energy. Remember I always say it's it's not like make an energy in the sense where you're gonna feel like you're a squirrel, you know, running around and climbing up a tree. That's not the type of energy that we're looking at. We're not looking at a stimulant energy. We're looking at the ability of each individual cell to be able to function at its peak performance. When that happens, you will feel more energetic, you will feel the drive to go out and do things. So COQ ten very very important. So now back to the study out of Australia. So they were looking at twenty different types of fibers and you know, really zeroing in and they said, we know that there's this direct connection now between the fibers and the microbiome in the gut. Remember this is important because when you're looking at something like cilium, for example, why is that such a beneficial fiber. Why is silium fiber so key? Well, because cilium goes into the system and it has the ability to interact with your healthy bacteria in your gut to create what is known as butyrate. So butyrate is a very powerful acid that actually works as an anti inflammatory in the human body, so butic acid it actually lowers inflammation within the gut. And once we lower inflammation in our gut, it's we're thinking of our intestines. We are now in turn regulating systemic inflammation. Because if you've got inflammation going on in your intestines and this is you're not going to notice this generally. It's not like you wake up and you're like, well, I think my intestines are inflame today. Most of the time people have no idea that they're walking around in a state of chronic inflammation. So this is why when we start to assess all of the different ways that we can lower inflammation, we have to look at our foods. This is why the Mediterranean diet, which is packed with so many high fiber fruits and vegetables, is essential. And then we start to dive into the details of this study, and they said, we recommend you know that people should be intaking somewhere between twenty eight and forty two grams of fiber per day. So I always throw out that number thirty And when I'm talking on the radio, I always say Americans fall well shy. Most Americans struggle to get to ten grams of fiber per day and you're supposed to beginning about thirty. So they said that Europeans do a little bit better than Americans, but not by much. Europeans they get close to twenty, but they're still falling quite shy goodness say that there's still are you know, ten grams more per day than we are here in the US. So we have to to recognize this, and we have to say, well, the fiber works within the gut and the little you know, microbes, those little bacterias. This is why taking your probiotic HX is so important because remember that's going to help to recolonize healthy bacteria within your intestines. So daily supplementation of probiotic HX is a very beneficial thing because it gives your microbiome this nice balance of good, healthy bacteria that can then interact with the fibers from your food. And you know, many times people think of just you know, fermented things like, oh, well, so do I need to have like, you know, sauer kraut every day in order for my microbiome to be healthy. Well, no you don't. But what you do to do is you need to make sure that you're getting in enough fiber from fruits and vegetables each and every single day, and we definitely can see that when we start to create a better balance. And I'll speak, you know, just for myself years ago, there's no way that I was eating enough fruits and vegetables every day. I was always a fruit lover, you know, from the time I was very little. But you know, vegetables, as most people, I'm like, eah, you know, take them or leave them. Now I'm completely you know different. I definitely get my three cups of vegetables in every single day, and I'm definitely getting in those fruits every single day. But when we start to create that better balance between our intestinal microbiome and the foods that we are eating, you will once again you were going to start to see this noticeable shift in terms of your overall energy. And if you do have issues like achy joints, you're going to start to see that that's going to dissipate. You're going to have less and less problems with your energy levels, with your sore achy joints. With focus and attention, folks, I always have to zero in on this. I can't tell you how many individuals I have had conversations with through the years that are like, I don't know, Amanda, I just have a ton of brain fog and I just I just struggle, and I don't know if it's just because I'm getting older or you know, what's going on. And then we'll sit down and we'll do, you know, just kind of like a daily intake form. Okay, walk me through what do you eat every day? And you know, as we're analyzing and maybe they have a somewhat healthy diet, they say, well, I have salmon, you know, once or twice a week, and you know, I try and have a salad, and so we're kind of going through and I say, yeah, but we're not getting enough fiber. So if we can get a higher fiber into most folks think of fiber just for bowel regularity, you know, to have healthy bowel movements. That's one component to it. But they don't recognize the direct interaction between your microbiome and regulating inflammation, including neuroinflammation, so inflammation and ox stative stress that happens in the brain. But that connection between your gut and your brain. And for folks who do feel like they have low mood, low energy, anxiety, a problem with focus and attention. Just making those dietary modifications alone can make an astronomical difference in how you feel each and every single day. So we always want to be able to focus in on this. So we start with the foods and then we build out from there. I would say wellness is multi modal. It's not just a one simple quick fix. And unfortunately, in this country in particular, we have been kind of primed to believe that, well, if you have this condition, take this pill. If you have this wrong, take this that's a band aid approach, and we know that that doesn't work. I mean, look at statins for example, how many individuals have high cholesterol. They go to their doctor and their doctor says, oh, you need to be on a statin. They say, okay, well I'll take my statin and I'll try and watch my fat intake as an example, not recognizing that perhaps it's not maybe the fats in your diet that are creating that, but it's the carbs. So they're taking their statin drug, they're not taking coke ten. They start feeling worse and worse, but they're like, well, this is maybe just aging. So we have to always recognize that the foods are where we have to start with, and then we build from there and we say, okay, what else do we need? Well, we know we need our multivitamin. Why well, because the nutrient content of foods in this country and globally are not what they used to be from you know, nineteen fifty. Definitely not from nineteen hundred. So now we're at twenty twenty five. And you're kidding yourself if you think that if I just eat healthy, I'm covered. And I hear this all the time from folks. They say, I eat a fairly healthy diet, so I don't need a multivitamin, And I say, I eat very healthy, and I take my multivitamin, and I switch between taking the multi energy powder. I love that that's a complete multivitamin, multimineral complex. I take that definitely throughout the summer here in South Florida because it's another way for me to increase my fluid intake. So that's my multivitamin of choice during the summertime. Now every other time throughout the year, I rotate between the core multivitamin and the performance multi vitamin. But I know that even though I eat very good, I need to cover those basic vitamins and minerals, So we have to always be wise to that. Don't fool yourself and think I don't need a B complex. No, you do need a B complex, which is why when you're using any of the Invite Health multi vitamins, you're getting those bioactive B vitamins, you're getting the full spectrum natural vitamin E. You're getting some additional coenzyme Q ten in that multivitamin which makes it so unique. You know, to take a multivitamin that has co q ten built into it and genius what Jerry Hickey did with formulating all of the Invite multivitamins so many years ago to this day may are multi vitamin the most powerful and unique multi that you can possibly take, and they're all unique in their own right now, if you're taking the Performance multivitamin with the Rodeola extract and then it has the superoxide dismy taste, or if you take the Men's multi which has your beta side of sterol to support prostate health and it has maca root extract in that to support libido and healthy blood flow, or if you're taking the Women's multivitamin which has some hydrolyzed collagen to support hair, skin, and nails. And it has DIM which comes from your cruciferous vegetables. Look at all the places where we can see the power of vegetables, right. So the DIM works for hormonal balance and to help with the removal of those hormone breakdown products. So we have all these very unique multivitamins, but they're giving you that main coverage that you need or your diet is going to fail you. I said, I eat very healthy, but I also realize that even though I eat predominantly organic foods, am I getting enough trace minerals every day? Am I getting enough exposure to the powerful carotenoids? So I know I'm covering those gaps where they may exist when I take my multi energy powder or when I'm taking the performance multivitamin. So definitely, if you're not taking a multivitamin, please during the spring buy and get one free sale, go to Invite Health or go to our website invite health dot com and make sure that you select your multivitamin make that part of your daily routine. It does make a huge difference. And it's always interesting because I have many folks where I'll have this conversation with them. We'll sit down and we'll say, okay, yeah, you're not getting enough fiber. Let's start to you know, create a dietary plan that you can adhere to, something that's you know, easy for you to adjust to, because that's the one thing with humans. We all have to find, you know, ways that we can incorporate in healthy things and you know, on our path to wellness. But it makes it easy. We don't want to do things like, you know, oh, eat Brussels sprouts when you know you don't like Brussels sprouts. So this is why having those conversations with our nutritional experts yields such powerful benefits for your health because they can design a meal plan based on your specific likes. But we know that, you know, taking the multivitamin is key. And I've had so many conversations with folks where they'll say, okay, all right, Amanda, I'm going to start taking the Performance multivitamin or I'm going to take the Core multivitamin every day, and then they come back and they say, you know, this really is remark because I've always been into, you know, taking vitamins and minerals throughout my life, and I used to just take what I thought was a fairly good multi vitamin. You know, I got it at my local, you know, health food store, and I never really noticed if it was doing anything for me. I just assumed it was probably good for me. But now I'm using the Performance multivitamin, and after a week of using this, like, I really can see a difference. And the main point to that is whenever we have someone who's been using one of our multis for years, and let's just say, you know, they forget to order it, or they're traveling and they forget their multi vitamin at home and they are without their multi for a couple of days, They'll be like, oh my goodness, I cannot believe the difference in how I feel when I'm not taking my invite multi vitamin. So during the spring Bogo, you want to make sure that you are including that on your shopping list, and you can talk to one of the nutritionness as to which one of those maltis is best suited for your specific health needs and what your overall goals are, because it may be that the Performance multiviament is your go to multi. It could be that the multi energy powder is the best option for you, but you want to have that conversation so that you can generate up all of that energy, and you want to focus on the foods as well, because we can see from this study out of Australia that we do not do good when it comes to dietary fiber intake and this leads to a gut dysbiosis which can drive up inflammation everywhere in the body, your blood vessels, your muscles, your joints, your brain, and this is why people feel achy, low energy, difficulties, sleeping, focusing. We can do better, and we know how we can do better, and we can help you at Invite Health, So do make sure that you stop by because it's a free service that we offer for you to be able to go in and talk to a natural pathic doctor like doctor Claire and say, hey, doctor Claire, I know I'm not doing so great when it comes to eating enough vegetables. Can you help me? And you will be amazed by how easy it is to get onto a wellness routine when you have someone who is there encouraging you in giving you that guidance. So do take advantage of that. I actually need to squeeze in one final break so stick around. I will be right back just after this. Does springtime make you think of more daylight? Flowers and trees and bloom, or even spring cleaning? Those are all good, but not as great as the Invite Health Buy one, get one free Spring into Savings event. The sale is on now by any Invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free Spring into an Invite store today. To learn more about how to stay healthy with the help from one of our nutrition experts, give us a call to order by phone right now at eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two. Listen to past shows and informative podcasts all at invite health dot com. Visit invitehealth dot com for our retail locations and to set up a free nutritional consultation in person, by phone or by video. Take advantage of invites limited time buy one get one free Spring into Savings sale. Contact Invite at eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two That number again, eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two, or go to invite health dot com. Welcome back to invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams. Remember if you ever have questions for me, specifically, you can always reach out to me. I had a lovely conversation with someone yesterday. He said, I've heard you say that I can reach out to you, but I didn't know I actually could. So if you have questions, if you've had recent blood tests done and you want me to you know, do a quick lookover of those, reach out to me. So you can contact me via email. That's usually the best way to get me. So that's a Williams at invitehealth dot com. But you can also you know, call over to the main warehouse over in scias It and ask them to patch you through to me. And I'm always happy to you know, schedule consultation with folks because many times people do have I have questions. You think you're doing the right routine, but you're like, let me just double check. So you know, you can always reach out to me. Now, let's continue on with my joy of all of the things that I've been reading through this week. Omega threes. Yeah, you know I talk about omega threes. Jerry talks about omega threes. They matter, they're essential. We have to have omega three fatty acids. Where do we get them from? Well, we can look at fatty fish. Salmon is a perfect example. But we also know that, you know, things like seeds and nuts provide us with omega three fatty acids. So just there are that statement alone, you know, healthy fatty fish, seeds and nuts. How many Americans have a high enough consumption of those things on a regular basis. You don't, which is why that omega six to omega three ratio is so skewed in this country. It is supposed to be a two to one ratio. So for every two omega six fatty acids, which are also essential and are not our enemy, you're supposed to have two of those to every one omega three. Now here's the bad news most Americans. If you were to test that ratio your fatty acid level in the body, that ratio is going to be like twenty to one. That's what omega six is, which are essential, become not so much our friend because now that's going to drive up a whole lot of inflammation. So this is why daily supplementation of taking the invite health fish oil or the invite krill oil advanced is so important. So now let's talk this study. This was in the Healthcare Journal, and they did a randomized placeble controlled trial looking at the inflammatory markers in individuals who were categorized as being obese. And so if someone is dealing with obesity, we expect different markers for inflammation to be on the high side. So this is looking at different things like interluken levels, which trust me, your doctor's not looking at your interluken levels. But in a study like this, we know which markers that we need to be assessing to get the true picture of the level of chronic inflammation that's occurring inside of the body. So in this study, they said, we have these obese individuals, we are going to do these different blood tests, we see the level of chronic inflammation. We're going to put one group into the placebo group. The other group, we're going to give them fish oil, and we're going to just see if just including in fish oil every day. This was about a thousand milligrams, Folks, a thousand milligrams of fish oil, will this make a difference on these levels for inflammation. And sure enough, they could find that in these individuals who were all clinically obese with high levels of inflammation going on in their body, that they gave them for just eight weeks a thousand milligrams of fish oil, and then they went back and they tested those levels again and they could see a decrease in the group taking a thousand milligrams of fish oil all of those different markers for inflammation. So when you hear us talk about the importance of including in an omega three fatty acid to your daily supplementation routine, you have to heed that warning because even if you're doing the right things when it comes to your diet, you're still likely not getting an adequate amount of omega threes every single day to offset that ratio of too much omega six to the omega three. And the easy way to really do this is go have your fatty acid level test it. Which, by the way, I just want to give everybody an update on this in the very very near future. This is going to be an additional service that we have for you, is the ability for you to order up some of these tests that I talk about so often on this program. And maybe you find it very difficult or challenging to get your personal doctor to test for you. Maybe they say, well, why would you want to look at that? Or I'm not test that, there's no point in that. I've heard all of the different stories. Remember when your doctor says that it's just because they don't know. You know, doctors kind of have this thing about them often where they want to know about everything. And so if you bring to them to the table and you say, hey, I want to test my co Q ten or I want to test my fatty acid levels, or I want to look at my lipid particle sizes, like how's my cholesterol package? I don't want to know the total number. I want to know, you know, is my cholesterol big and fluffy or is it small and dense? Because we want it to be big and fluffy. If you go to your doctor and you ask them to test these things and they say no, we're going to make this process much easier for you. So I am currently working on partnering up with a major, major lab and we're going to make this happen. So we're going to have that ability for you to get those tests done and give us better insight as to how we can modify your supplementation routine. Because if we get your test back and we say, okay, your ratio is at eight to one. We know that we need to increase the total fish oil that you're supplementing with every day. So it just gives us a better way to once again personalize your nutrition and wellness plan that you are on with Invite Health. So at the end of this trial, they could see this clear impact that the Omega three just taking fish oil had on these individuals, and they said, the reason why we did this study is looking at those different nutritional strategies to improve overall metabolic health and to reduce low grade chronic inflammation, which we know accelerates the aging process and just complicates everything for us. So take your Invite Health fish oil or crill oil advanced every day. Make sure that you take advantage of the spring Bogo, get your Core multivitamin or the Performance multivitamin, or if you want that powdered option, look at that multi energy powder. Don't forget about the l CAR with Ala, especially for anyone out there who suffers from migraines, make sure that you are taking at least two capsules of that l CAR with Ala every day. And if you happen to have questions for me, reach.
Speaker 6: Out to me, and until we speak again, be well.
Speaker 5: Does springtime make you think of more daylight? Flowers and trees in bloom, or even spring cleaning. Those are all good, but not as great as the Invite Health Buy one, get one free Spring into Savings event. The sale is on now by any Invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free Spring into an Invite store today. To learn more about how to stay healthy with the help from one of our nutrition x give us a call to order by phone right now at eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two. Listen to past shows and informative podcasts all at inviteealth dot com. Visit invitehealth dot com for our retail locations and to set up a free nutritional consultation in person, by phone or by video. Take advantage of invites limited time buy one get one free Spring into Savings sale. Contact Invite at eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two. That number again eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two, or go to invitealth dot com.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to Invite Health Radio, and remember, seven days a week in all our beautiful stores, we have professionals available for your health and nutrition needs. You'll enjoy your visit to Invite Health because we'll make it better. And when you can't come in, just give us a quoll at eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two.
Speaker 2: The preceding program was sponsored by Invite Health, who is solely responsible for its content.
Speaker 1: The preceding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed