Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us. Am I pronouncing your name correctly? Is the last name Lee? Is that the way to pronounce yes?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 1: Okay, good?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tell us a little bit about your product here. This is I mentioned it before. It is to help people in a choking situation. The company, by the way, is lifevac dot net. Tell us a little bit about the product that you developed there. You're the CEO, the inventor or the founder of the company. And again your name is Arthur Lee, so tell us a little bit about that.
Speaker 2: Arthur. Well, first off, thank you thanks for having me on. As we get the word out there about life Back, we saved more lives. I think we saved nine lives yesterday. But it's a very, like you said, very simple device. It's basically a plunger. And if you've done the hind lick and it's not worked, or you can't get your arms around the person, or they're in a wheelchair, numerous reasons that it will not work or cannot be done. The light back is as simple. As you place it on the person, you push it down. The air will vent out the side, so we'll push it further down and quick tug and it'll pull out whatever was choking here. And today we're coming up on four thousand people saved and coming up on three thousand children that have been saved with life fact from a choking emergency.
Speaker 1: That's like, excuse me, I'm not choking here.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you can send one of those through the pipes there, that'd be great. Sorry, tell us a little bit about that, because you know, I'm like, maneuver can be difficult. The maneuver, as you point out, if you got somebody who's overweight you can't get your arms around them, or if they're in a wheelchair. What was it that got you interested in making device to do this?
Speaker 2: Well, it was thirteen years ago. My daughter was seven years old and I was visiting a friend in the hospital and he pointed over the gurney and he just said, the last time he was there, a seven year old had been on that gurney that had choked to them. And I had taken the course. I was not aware that it didn't always work, or that it had a high failure ratio, particularly in children, and I was really scared, actually, because you know, once you know, you know, and I was now aware that if my child choked. There was a chance my techniques weren't going to work, so I wanted to save her. That was my first goal was to save her, and then I felt obligated to bring it to the world.
Speaker 1: That's great because you know we have with children, young children, that's what we're looking at. We got a young grandson and we're constantly looking now what the choking dangers are for children. And as you point out, that's where it's really difficult. You know, the children are the highest risk for choking, and it's very difficult to do that. That's why if you have something like this, I guess as a parent, be very helpful.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean. And the other thing that you know, as we went through the last thirteen years, the stuff they choke on, they choke on. The number one thing they choke on is plastic and it's anything from toys but to rappers, to pieces of tape, all sorts of plastic that they find.
Speaker 1: They're always putting stuff in their mouth, you know. Yeah, yeah, and the younger they are, the more that's the issue.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is is a couple of physiological things. Very small wind pipe, it's about the size of your pinky. So they can choke on things that we cannot you know that we would swallow or expel. They also have very little lungs, so when you're trying to get some force out of compression, be it a back blow or chest compression, you know you're dealing with a very low volume of air. So the ineffectiveness is based by physics. You know that they have a smaller wind pie, so clog more often and you're not dealing with a lot of air to generate force to pop it out. And that's why I'd say, you know, somewhere in the sixty five percent of our saves as children. Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, Now, if you're talking about a very young child who is also going to be putting a lot of stuff on their mouth, what about the difference in the size of the face. Do you have different attachments or does this somehow range of a large variety.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every kit comes, Every kit comes with a pediatric mask and an adult mask, so it's universal. Zero. The other day we saved two days ago, we saved a fifteen month old and a ninety seven year old in the same day. And we made it that way. Yeah, I know, we made it to cover your entire family. It lasts forever, not one of those gimmicks. Well, you've got to buy one every year because it expires, covers your entire family, kids and adults. You could use it on yourself, which we've had many saves like that, and if you ever use it, we give you a free one.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well that's a great you know, of course you never think about that if you're alone, that you can do the homewight maneuver on yourself as there's nobody around. If you've got one of those things that it helps. How much is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Six, that's great. We tried to keep it reasonable. You can usually find find and it lasts forever, and it covers your whole family that you know, I don't know. Making a medical product in the US is not inexpensive. There's a lot of regulations and cost. But we made it last forever so that you know, if you had to buy one every year, it was cheaper. It wouldn't take you long to go over what you need. More importantly, it's more ethical that you know. We've had seven year old life back saved the life. They've had something that you want to get it and it quote unquote expired and your child died or your loved one died, so that was the reasoning behind it. That's great.
Speaker 1: And of course you know a young teenager or something could use it. As an adult, they would not have the power to do that is not just you know, like we said, getting your arms around, but having the strength as well. It's really a preparedness thing. I think when we look at it, it's like having a fire extinguish or some other things like that, except you know, it's something that is far more potentially has a greater potential for being fatal if you were choking on it. So especially if you've got young children around that are going to be liable to put things in their mouth, that's a great idea. I really like this. When I saw that, I really wanted to get you on because I thought, well, you know, some people could just could wind up, as you point out, saving their life. You've had thirty eight hundred and something lives to say so far, so that's a great thing.
Speaker 2: Well, we've we've got a lot of media saved. Live Inside Audition has saved over one hundred and something. Micro Brian killed me. Mike is at twenty two, Brian's at thirty two, Joe Biscobo, his show has saved lives, and yeah, they're getting the word at we'll definitely save a life. But the thing that most shocked me right in the beginning with how many people choked the death right. It's five thousand a year. It's the fourth leading cause accidental death, just behind car accidents, so slips some fulls car accidents, poisoning, choking. So that's what when I first heard about it, I was like, you know, who knew? You know who knew that sixteen people are going to choke to death today? So I think that's a big part of it too, you know, raising the awareness to get training and you know, like you said, you've got a family, or there's maybe you know, you're a bigger person, smaller, you're you know. I was at a party in the white put her hands and she was laughing how she couldn't get her arms around her husband, and then she looked at me like, holy cow, I can't get my arms around my husband. There was a moment of awareness.
Speaker 1: That's great. Yeah, that's uh, it is amazing. I didn't know that that many people died every year, a lot more than bird flu for example. So it's I mean, you know, they get everybody panicking about the wrong stuff. You know, that'd be looking at where the real risk is and that is a real risk. Yeah. Yeah, well it's it's great having you know, passion is I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Our passion is schools and special Our passion is I give one free to every school in America. We lose about seven kids a year choked to death in school. And you know we have EPI pens and fire equipment. That's great, but no one passed away from that last year. But like you said, we have to address the primary problems. You know, think about it in the schools to eating fast, your little kids joking around. Every year we lose kids in school that don't have to be lost. And that's why I give one free. And then the special needs. Our veterans are disabled, our disability community where you're in a wheelchair, you can't get your arms around them. They just choke. They have no policy, no protocol. So I think as Americans as people, you know, we have choice, right, you can get a few family or not. And I understand, but I think for our schools and our veterans, disabled veterans, and our special needs that we all need to you know, pick up that awareness that they have nothing and that's not right.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, yeah, It's not something that you're going to necessarily carry around with you at a restaurant or somebody. But if we've got young children, you've got people who are disabled at home, and you know, if enough people have these things in enough different places, if the restaurants had them, you know, that would be a huge thing. And so it's a I think that's really why things. It's a you know, I again, five thousand people a year that are choking to death that could you could have a big trunk get taken out of that with this device. Thank you for doing that. That is a really interesting idea, and I really wanted to get that out to the audience. There's not anything we're we're not selling this on this program or anything like that. There's no tie about that. I just saw that and I thought that that could save somebody's life, and especially if you've got somebody in your family that is young or disabled, that is really important. So yeah, thank you, and again.
Speaker 2: Well you know what, that's that's how we change. We all pitch in and share. And I greatly appreciate your voice, because that's how we make a difference, that's how we fix things. You know, sixteen people dying that don't have to that's the big problem, right, you know, tragedy happen, Things happen, but this doesn't have to happen. No kid has to joke to death in school anymore. So we all got a shout about it. And and as I say, just keep going.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. Yeah, it's some preparedness, and we have to make that kind of preparation. You know, somebody learns CPR, they learned the Heich maneuver, they're doing preparation. If you get this, you're also doing preparation, but you're also extending the ability of being able to do it. That's even beyond what you could do with the Heimlich maneuver or something like that. So again, the website is life vac. That's life v a c lifevac dot net, lifevac dot net. And so you can see that there. That's a really great idea. And thank you so much for doing that. Thank you for bringing that to our attention, Arthur. I hope you sell a lot of these things. I think it is a really important. Thank you A lot of lives.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's key, but I appreciate you and your show will save the life, so that's cool. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I hope so