Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner clerk.
Speaker 2: Get them Dives makes the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 3: Dustin off that gold.
Speaker 1: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 4: I want to take your shot.
Speaker 5: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 4: Think you're looking real hot.
Speaker 3: Come and get it.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 5: The road comes through La.
Speaker 4: Come get it.
Speaker 3: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 3: It best overall?
Speaker 4: Miss Dan Klass Padres. Fans can line up to kiss our top ring.
Speaker 3: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on Tap. Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kats Hi.
Speaker 6: Everybody, and we'll welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show. You're a world champion Dodgers thirty six and twenty two on this season. After I come from behind win on Friday Night, then a blowout win, Yes, the Dodgers go for the sweep of the Yankees on Sunday Night Baseball, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for.
Speaker 1: The blue first pitch him.
Speaker 6: Dodger Stadium is coming up at four to ten between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you are gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vase. Throughout the show. We'll preview this great pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment coming up, and in just a few minutes we will check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday out the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 6: Yesterday at the Ravine, the Dodgers scored early and often in a blowout win over the Bronx Bombers. Landon Knack got the start. The right hander with one of his better outings this season. Six innings, one run, scattered just six hits while striking out six along the way.
Speaker 1: He did his thing.
Speaker 6: While the Dodgers offense dead theirs in the first Will Smith in RBI single, Max Munsey in RBI single, Michael Conforto is sackfly, Tommy Eman in RBI double. Dodgers bat around with four runs in the first inning. They take a four to nothing lead in the second. More of the same. Max Monty's swinging the silver hammer.
Speaker 4: That's where we stand right now.
Speaker 1: For nothing.
Speaker 7: La On a one zero pitch, Monthy swats it eye in the air left center field. This ball carrying back toward the warning track at the wall. It's gone.
Speaker 8: Max Mounsey, max power, an opposite field stroke, bring three more home and make it seven nothing, Dodgers. Max Monthy's fifth home run of the season, his two hundred of his career, proves to be the knockout punch with the rookie Will Warren ain't three run home run for Monthsy a milestone run home you heard from Stephen Nelson, number two hundred and Dodger career. Dodgers up seven to nothing, and they weren't done. Tommy Emmon in RBI double, Dodgers up eight to nothing. That brought up Haye Song Kim, who had a three run home run, his second in the big leagues. Dodgers was six runs in the second, really piling on. Up ten to nothing on the Yankees, and they weren't done well. Aaron Judges the only offense yesterday for New York, a solo home run in the fourth in his solo home run in the eighth team that was it. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense just kept on going. They put the foot down on him. Fifth Freddie Freeman arby guy double. Then Max Mounsey left the yard again, lighter out of the stretch.
Speaker 7: First base satt of the rubber, looks at Oltony's about a quarter the way down the line. The two to one pitch the month See turns on the ball down the.
Speaker 8: Right field line. Will it stay fair? It's off the ball and gone. Max Monsey with this second of the.
Speaker 6: Game career home run two to oh one three run home run again for Max mount See, his second of the day, six of the season. That's the top tier player of the game, brought to by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers a fourteen to one lead, and they didn't stop there. And the seventh Andy Pie has a solo home run in the eighth, a position player pitching Dalton rushing a three on home run, his first in the big leagues. Dodgers up eighteen to two, and they'd go on and win by that same final score. Landon knack against the win, Max Montsee two three run home runs.
Speaker 1: He tied a career high with seven RBI.
Speaker 6: Dodgers hit five home runs they found out a season high twenty one hits and their eighteen runs where their most ever scored against the Yankees. With the win, the Dodgers now thirty six and twenty two all alone atop the nl wes, and Tonight on Sunday Night Baseball, the Dodgers go for the sweep of the Yankees. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers first pitch at fourten, and with more we head out to the gallupin Motors broadcast. But as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 7: All right to one more this World Series rematch for the Dodgers and Yankees on this Sunday at Dodgers State of Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN. Of course, Rick Monday, you and I will be together on the Dodgers Audio Network covering this. When the Dodgers going for a sweep on the heels of a route the eighteen to two slacking of the New York Yankees. There are a lot of positives to take away from the Dodgers, which one or two stick with you as we come here today.
Speaker 2: I think Landon Knack to begin with, who went the six innings one run. I justified his gave up a home run. Surprisingly enough, it was by Aaron Judge, one of two that he hid in last night's ball game, but he gave the bullpend a little bit of a respite. It only had to go for three innings to cover up on the back end of that. One of them was by Kick k Hernanez, a position player, and the other big strong point obviously was the offense eighteen runs twenty one basits max months.
Speaker 4: He went deep twice.
Speaker 2: Also as on Kim left the ballpark, and also Dalton rushing doesn't matter if he's off a position player and not rushing. That was number one in his career and upon his went out of the ballpark on top of it. Now, I think over all the first two games, obviously the Dodgers going for the sweep today, I have not thought that the Yankees had played very good baseball in each of the first two games. I would expect them to come out firing on all cylinders in this one tonight. They have a long night in front of him. As far as the Yankees, they head back to New York. They are not scheduled to arrive until about six thirty in the morning. I'll enjoy the off day tomorrow. And you know, losses like last night, they're embarrassing and they hurt, but they don't tear your guts out, like a one to nothing loss in extra innings. But I expect New York come out and they're gonna throw everything at the wall that they have to.
Speaker 7: That's something we discussed yesterday, the fact that the Yankees should be coming out angry and aggressive. They want to avoid the sweep in the embarrassment that comes on the heels of last night.
Speaker 4: You already dropped the series. They don't want to lose again.
Speaker 7: But the Dodgers, moll I think a huge takeaway Dave Roberts has talked about this was the intensity that his club has showed this weekend, and I think it kind of underscores the hypothesis that this team reigning World Series champions. There's so many accomplished veterans on the team. They are not playing for the regular season record. They are just trying to get to October and this is an October like series. And so when you see them play the sort of our mediocre month, are kind of middling against teams and you're losing a series opener, and then you fight back, you know, in the next two where you drop a series here and there. It's because I don't know that they've had the fire lit under them that this series has put under them.
Speaker 2: I agree, they did not play particularly well on the last road trip. They've been standing in attention, and they've gotten some very good pitching back to back games of at least six innings from the starters. Yeah, Momoto is going today. But if we look at these matchups, I mean, the Dodgers the best team average in baseball, Yankees are third. The number of runs Dodgers one, Yankees are three. Home run department, they're tied for first. The difference is in the pitching. The era ninth the Yankees in era the Dodgers are twenty first, But the Dodgers are getting very good production on the back end of the bullpen.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers and Yankees one more time, Yoshinobu yah Moto, the Dodgers ace will try and pitch them to a sweep against old friend Ryan Yarbrough. First pitch coming up a little bit later, Tim, we send it back to you, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Nelly, appreciate it. As we count you down the first pitch.
Speaker 6: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on a Shakey's Pizza and Parlor, or order your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Coming up in less than forty five minutes, I'm gonna hear from the former Dodger Rookie of the Year, helped them win a World Series.
Speaker 1: Now rowing the outfield for.
Speaker 6: The Yankees, Cody Bellinger will go one on one with tavidvaz Hey dv checks out.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 6: With us here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deep into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: I'm next. You're Tania Rewe as we.
Speaker 6: Lean you up to Dodgers and Yankees Sunday Night Baseball.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers and Yankee Sunday Night Baseball from Dodger Stadium. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, old friend alert Ryan Yarborough, former Dodger on the mound for the Yankees.
Speaker 1: First pitch of four ten.
Speaker 3: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 7: Two more home runs yesterday, twenty two now on the year, thirty seven RBIs He's got sixty one runs. Score the pitch, Otani grounds.
Speaker 1: It through the right side. A base hit in the right field.
Speaker 7: Oh sho, hey gets this game started with a knock yo two from liner Junior. Otani pulls it through the right side. A bouncing ball found the scene between Goldsmith and Lemayhew has sung Kim gonna go from first to.
Speaker 6: Third show, Hey Otani? Two for four yesterday now hitting two ninety eight on this season with twenty two home runs. How about this show, Hey Otani? What a month of May? As we have now flipped the calendar to June. He hit three to oh two in the month of May with fifteen home runs and twenty five RBI. The Dodgers yesterday put on a clinic offensively eighteen runs on twenty one hit five home runs.
Speaker 1: What an afternoon.
Speaker 6: Topped the bottom of this Dodger's lineup, including Tommy Edmund, who's starting to heat up yesterday, had himself a four for five day with a couple of RBIs and afterwards caught up with their David Vesse Tommy.
Speaker 5: What was going on in that first inning against Will Warren? It felt like you guys weren't chasing and he had nowhere to go.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we came out hot, you know, kind of attacked him early, got a bunch of hits early in the account, and then once that happened, he kind of ran from the zone and we just kept putting deal a good at bess.
Speaker 5: How much does the game like last night carry over into a game like today. It feels like you guys turned it up after coming back from the road trip.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, we got really hot in the second half of the game yesterday. You know, it just kind of continued to build on that offensive search. We got a lot of momentum going right now, so hopefully we can keep it up.
Speaker 5: What can you say about the way Kim play today? You guys combined for eight hits at the bottom of the order and obviously great defense with you too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, such a great player. You know, he comes in. I know he hadn't had a start in a few days, but you know he was just ready, always working hard and put together some great at bats and got on bas a ton today.
Speaker 5: Do you want to get keikya Curtis see shout out here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know they'll score this inning. I know he knows how to get guys out.
Speaker 5: Tommy, thanks a lot for stopping. Great to see you, and we'll do this more often.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 6: Thank you, all right, Tommy Evan yesterday four for five drives in a couple of runs, the Dodgers with eighteen in the eighteen to two win over the Yankees. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 1: Ready to donate that old car?
Speaker 6: Give him a call at eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now Fritten the eights and standing by to take your donation.
Speaker 1: That's Cars with the K to donate your car today.
Speaker 6: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, We'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup.
Speaker 1: David vat Say goes one on one with Cody Bellinger. But I'm next.
Speaker 6: We get an injury report and here for the manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Yankee Sunday Night Baseball from the Ravine first pitch at four ten. I'm Tim Kas's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this warm Sunday afternoon as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Yankees Marongo Casino Resort and Spa. A Grand Slam for good times coming up in about thirty minutes. Gonna hear from Cody Bellinger, former Dodger back in town with the Pinstrips, Yoshinowa Yamamoto and Ryan Yarborough. The pitching match up first pitch at four ten.
Speaker 3: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. Well Luis Garcia add him to the list of pitchers on the injured list for the Dodgers. A right ad doctor injury. Right hander Noah Davis gets called up from Triple A. Mookie Betts day to day with the fractured fourth left toe. Rookie Sasaki on the i L at the right shoulder impingement. Kirby Yates on the injured list with the right hamstring string, Tyler Glaston on the I L, Blake Snell on the I L. Blake trying it on the I L. Michael Kopek, Bruce dr gradall of course, the news over the weekend Evan Phillips all done for the season, having Tommy John surgery. Unfortunate news for the Dodger reliever. All right, let's head back out to Dodger statum as we check you out with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 4: Anything else? Questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 3: The dugouts with Dave Roberts to go to work Todays.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's going to go through some work, take some grounders, I think on his knees and and I'm not sure if he's gonna, you know, if he's gonna be hitting or anything like that, but it's a positive.
Speaker 4: You beat the Yank.
Speaker 3: He's eighteen to two after your team out after beating out a little sir, do you have a number?
Speaker 10: No, No, I think we've had their number of the last couple of nights, but uh, you know, today's different day. We'll see we got we got our guy going tonight, and so it's gonna be fun. I feel good about where we're at, and you know, we have some familiarity with Yarborough. You know, he's he's got a good change up, he's a tough competitor, so it should be a good one.
Speaker 5: Saw in the clubhouse today.
Speaker 3: Is key here to be.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're going to activate Noah and then we're going to I l Luis Garcia. He's got an ad doctor situation. He was covering first base in Cleveland, and so we'll backdated a few days a couple of review. Copeck Copek is gonna he he threw. He's gonna throw today and so the hope is if it goes well today that we'll get him back sometime next week. So he'd be the first first domino to fall. Yes, Kirby is uh, he's feeling well. He's going to throw another bullpen in the next day or two and hopefully, you know, next weekend is something that we're kind of keeping an eye on.
Speaker 5: He needed a rehab aside al, I.
Speaker 10: Don't think so. I think we're gonna do a simulated game this week and then if that goes well, then we should be ready to move forward.
Speaker 1: All right, there's Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: Some good news on the injury front as far as the Dodgers bullpen concerned. Certainly Luis Garcia go on the il not good news. But Michael Kilpeck could be back this week, and Kirby Yates with the hamstring, going to pitch a sim game this week and could be a net back next weekend. So it's positive injury news for the Dodgers. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with.
Speaker 1: The David Vasse.
Speaker 6: We continue to lead you up to first pitch Sunday Night Baseball, Dodgers and Yankees. I'm Tim Kates, is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers and Yankees Sunday Night Baseball from Dodger Stadium in Oceanobo Yamamoto, Ryan Yarborough the pitching match up. First pitch coming up at four ten.
Speaker 3: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger insider David base Well.
Speaker 1: DV three games in a row.
Speaker 6: Now, no Mookie Bets in the lineup, no il stint yet, but I know you had a chance to talk to Mookie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, first time. Mookie Betts has stood at his lockers since he had that accident at home as he banged his left toe. As the way he described it was going to the bathroom in the middle of the night, accidentally banged his left foot and he has a broken toe. But just to put it in context him, Austin Barnes, a catcher last year, broke his big toe on his left foot as well and missed about ten days, but then was able to come back, fouled off a ball off that broken toe again kept playing. So Mookie also is very optimistic that he'll be back in the lineup before the home stand is over.
Speaker 4: How is the toe feeling?
Speaker 3: That's great?
Speaker 4: Good watching. Finally, today's first dact.
Speaker 8: Would walk pretty normal, so well, good move around, open seatfles.
Speaker 11: Dave's been saying he doesn't think you're gonna need an eye l Is that kind of assigned to think he would be back in the next couple of days. Yeah, yeah, for sure, I think I think that the next coll of days just to move around on it.
Speaker 2: I think when it happened, did you realize how bad it was?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, I had no idea.
Speaker 8: I mean, woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn't really, couldn't really walk on, want to use the restaurant.
Speaker 1: You just couldn't really walk in any thing you think of it until it just kind of lingered.
Speaker 4: What kind of rehab have you been doing with it? Nothing?
Speaker 3: Just a couple of days, a couple of days rest, let's alive.
Speaker 5: I said, Hey, we all can use someone leave once in a while, especially in a situation like that. Look, they can tape this toe up, he can play, and obviously, Tim there's some painkillers that if it gets to that extreme on certain days. MOOKI is not going to allow this to keep him out of the lineup for too long.
Speaker 1: No, definitely not.
Speaker 6: David has driven by fourth. There's one thing we like, its choices. Find yours With the four F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this march can only be called the F one fifty Ryan Yarborough on the mound the left hand or going for the Yankees, David and Ta Oscar Hernandez gets to greet him, hopefully today with some more damage.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Dave Roberts obviously notice the matchup numbers as well, because ta Oscar is hitting second again in between Tawny and Freeman and ta Oscar Hernandez. Take this for what it's worth. In thirty six at bats against Ryan Yarborough in his career, he's hitting three sixty one with seven home runs. Tim Taoscar has thirteen hits off a Yarborough, seven of them home runs. So we'll see whether or not that continues today.
Speaker 6: Freddy Freeman, Paul Goldschmidt, they got a lot in common, DV.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you look at this, Tim, I was surprised because when I started to research just these two guys that have a very good chance of going to the Hall of Fame one day, they both started playing every day in twenty twelve. They have each played around the same number of games. They have around the same number played appearance. Freddie Freeman has about one hundred more hits. Paul Goldschmid has thirty more home runs, Freddy has only five more RBIs the batting averages Freddy three h four, Goldie two ninety one the ops. Plus it just goes on and on just how close these two careers have mirrored each other. But I feel like the biggest difference right now is that Freddy seems to be getting better with age, and you know, up until this year, Paul Goldschmid kind of slowed down, but certainly playing a lot better this year.
Speaker 6: With the Yankees, have no doubt about that they have a great stuff. We'll check back in with you in just a couple of minutes, DV. He's gonna go one on one with Cody Bellinger. That's coming up in fifteen minutes. Dodger fans not going to miss that. As we continue to lead you up to first pitch, Yoshinobo Yamamoto on the mound, Sunday Night Baseball, Dodgers going for the sweep of the Yankees. I'm Tim Kasin's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's a Dodgers and the Yankees.
Speaker 6: Yoshinobo Yamamoto and Ryane Yarmoro, the pitching Mancha First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at four ten.
Speaker 5: I know d not a ball game. Hot dog who wants a hot con.
Speaker 3: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. It's Magical Magic presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: Go back to October twenty eighth, nineteen eighty one, Yankee Stadium in the Bronx Game six of the nineteen eighty one World Series. It's the Dodgers and Yankees. Dodgers a three to two series lead. They fell behind one nothing before scoring eight unanentered runs. They were up ninety two, going to the bottom of the ninth inning and a chance to win it all.
Speaker 12: Watching over four how out of a stretch, the check of the runners and the one opens watching It's a high fly ball the Landro.
Speaker 5: This is it.
Speaker 12: Landro waiting and waiting.
Speaker 3: He's got it.
Speaker 12: The Los Angeles Dodgers have just about done the impossible. Lasorda throws his hat away, runs out with his hands and arms held high in the air to grab Steve Garvey and the Dodgers, who were down two games to none. Indeed, Houston they were down one game to two and beat Montfrealal they were down two games to none of the Yankees and beat him for straight what up perform.
Speaker 2: You gotta give him credit, Vinny.
Speaker 12: They came all the way back under some rough conditions, and they came back and they wanted So they're the world champions nineteen eighty one, no question.
Speaker 6: Vince Gully and Sparky Anderson with the call as the Dodgers would win it ninety two and win the nineteen eighty one World Series, Ron Say, Steve Jaeger, and of course Pedro Guerrero.
Speaker 1: The co MVPs.
Speaker 6: Haffey magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Yeah, Hoffey hot Dogs, local and so great. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: We will check back.
Speaker 6: You know Rick mondays lead jumps the first pitch Dodgers and Yankees. He was a part of that nineteen eighty one championship team of Tim Kases' the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Yankees. Yoshinovo Yamamono, Ryan Yarborough, the pitching matchup first pitch coming up at four.
Speaker 3: Ten and now joined by David Bassey. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: You gotta believe a member of the Blue Crew wrecking crew has loved the way the first two games of this series has gone against the Yankees. Rick, I know you're trying to contain.
Speaker 4: Your I's the only one that's enjoyed it. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 2: And I expect full well for the Yankees to come out today with their foot all the way down on the throttle. I really expect that. Last night, Yeah, it was I think it's embarrassing for a team. And I'm talking from personal experience when you get blown out and you're gonna have games. Dodgers will have a game or two that they're gonna get blown out in also before the season, so and then you look at the following the following game, I.
Speaker 4: Full will expect.
Speaker 2: And with Yashonoba Yamamoto, who's in there today, he's been marvelous, absolutely terrific. But he's going to have to pitch very well because I think the Yankee is going to be very focused in trying to do it and Yankee is quite frankly, in the first two games of the series have not played very well at all.
Speaker 5: Well, Rick, you know this better than most. I mean, Ya'm a moto not even the World Series, but going back to last June at Yankee Stadium, he has been able to pitch very well against this Yankee lineup.
Speaker 4: We're not bothering the Mariachis are right.
Speaker 5: Well, not at all. Hay Saw Kim was out there very fitting, it was, and.
Speaker 2: It was a terrific interview that they were doing and talking about, you know, the culture and how he is adjusting the things. I thought it was interesting what he was saying very quickly about velocity of pitches and the fact of intensity and even the fan following different from what he had, you know, grown up to see and competing in his native country versus the major leagues at this particular point, he's done a marvelous job in making a transition, because it was not really fruitful for him if you look at the swings and the advants that he took in spring turning.
Speaker 5: Hey, Rick, speaking of Hayesan Kim, how about the game he had yesterday? I saw something earlier today where no player had a game that he had where he had four hits, an unassisted double play and also threw a runner out from.
Speaker 2: The outfield, and the double play that he made playing at the shortstop position, he basically went diving as he was catching the ball and continued to dive to go to the bag and double up a runner one of the mistakes that the Yankees made.
Speaker 4: I'm still I'm puzzled Aaron Judges off the charts as far as the ability he has.
Speaker 2: I was shocked that he tried to turn a single into a double down fourteen to one yesterday and not trying to single out Aaron Judge. I mean, he's one of those players that when he steps onto the field, we watch, and we watch for good reason because his ability level is just wait up here. But it's more than that. We've seen bad throws, bad fielding places. And for the Dodgers, quite frankly, I didn't think they played particularly well in the last road trip they have been up for this series against the Yankees in the kind of the rematch of the World Series from last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's funny how the players coming into this series were resisting the fact that there was a little bit more behind.
Speaker 4: They downplayed it, they downplaced publicly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you could tell by the way they played it meant something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it needs to mean something when you're playing against the good teams.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 2: Kind of resembling also, what other teams are thinking about when they're going to play the Dodgers. Oh, the defending world champions, the Dodgers that are always winning, YadA, YadA, YadA. Therefore they get up and that's why it's difficult to win when you are one of the better teams. Yes, the talent is there, but you're getting max effort from the other team because they want they want to beat the best.
Speaker 5: I sent a broom emoji to a Yankee.
Speaker 4: Fan, Rick, Yeah, how was that received?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: Well, I had someone that came up to He says, hey, I have the broom ready. I said, don't say anything, because the brooms can all of a sudden be thrown into a bonfire, if you know what I mean. Yes, And the Dodgers they understand Ryan Yarborough is going to pitch against him.
Speaker 4: They're familiar with him.
Speaker 2: I thought it was cute what Dave Roberts said. Someone asked him before the ball game today when he was meeting with the medium. He goes, well, when did you guys give Yarborough his World Series ring? He goes, I hope they gave it to him just a few minutes ago, because maybe it will distract him from his job at hand.
Speaker 5: I was in the Yankee Clubhouse. He was not distracted. He had the iPad the video looking at the Skinner report.
Speaker 4: And I would full well expect that because.
Speaker 5: He might be focusing on ti Oscar Hernandez Rick.
Speaker 4: No, he was looking at a map of the valley and see what outlined. I'm not gonna let that.
Speaker 5: You would know that Sagas and Hard High School are nowhere close to the great San Fernando Valley. Thanks Rick, We're going to do that tour one day soon.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, make sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll send it back to mister. We'll send it back to Burbank part of the valley. That's right, Kate's part.
Speaker 6: Of the great one eight DV appreciate it. Dodgers game plan brought to you by the California Community Colleges got several in the San Fernando Valley. Mission College, Pierce College, you of course got Valley College. All Community college financial lad available to help you tuition books. Sometimes even the rent you have, it's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly.
Speaker 1: So on roll today and I can go to college dot Com.
Speaker 6: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deepernt of this pitching matchup Rick and Nelson Stephen. That is, we'll be back with the keys to the game up next. So we go high and tight. But Cody Ballinger Dodgers Yankee Sunday Night Baseball. I'm Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Yankees at Sunday Night Baseball from Dodger Stadium. Is the Dodgers go for the three games. Sweep Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers. Former Dodger Ryan Yarborough the left tender we'll get to start for the Yankees. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by zench Sushi. Find it near the deli counter at Ralphs. It is fantastic, enjoy It's a quicker, affordable meal. The whole family can enjoy zen She handcrafted sushi is made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion, and their tradition. You can taste they got all the roles you can pick from the poke bulls, a great selection. Find Zench near the deli counter at rals. Zench Handcrafted Sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 3: David, and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: I'm out here with Rookie of the Year, National League, MVP, World champion. Never forget him in LA because they still I love them. That is the one and only. Cody Bellinger, Cody Man. So great to have you back here at Dodgers Stadium. Always is great.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I love coming back here. A little weather, the fans, you know, the atmosphere. It all feels so good. So I always enjoy. I always enjoy coming back.
Speaker 5: It was weird seeing you in left field. You're too good for left field.
Speaker 11: Hey, wherever they need me, wherever they need me to play. No, I've been playing all three positions and left, center, right, you know, wherever wherever they need me. And it's been it's been, it's been good. I'm being really fun this year.
Speaker 5: What's it like playing in LA and New York? What's the biggest differences being a Dodger and a Yankee.
Speaker 11: I was actually talking with Doc about this and the guys that just came out. There's a lot of similarities of so many similarities. You know, the expectation, uh, the expectation to win, the you know, the want and the desire to win.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 11: In my like the the development aspect of the minor leagues is very similar. And you know, the young guys they call up, they're ready to role and it's very there's very there's very there's a lot of similarities. So in back in an environment, you know, like this, it's been really fun.
Speaker 5: It's funny you mentioned Dave Roberts, your manager, Aaron Boone. He seems to be more intense during the games. Is he as intense as he appears?
Speaker 11: He's, Uh, he's very smart man. He you know, he played the game just like Doc. You know, both these guys played the game, so you know they understand the game the inside and outs, you know, the the grind and the difficultness of what we do. So I've really enjoyed playing for both of them. And you know, it's been it's been you know.
Speaker 1: Where what quarter or a third of the way through.
Speaker 11: The season, So you know, we're having fun doing it.
Speaker 5: Hey, CODYO, what's it like being a Yankee stadium? No matter if you're at first base, center field, what's it like to get the Yankee stadium roll call?
Speaker 3: It's very cool.
Speaker 1: I was actually really nervous for it.
Speaker 4: At first.
Speaker 11: I didn't I didn't know what I was gonna do. I was like watching it tip my cap, like what am I gonna do? And so I actually I change it for like the first week I didn't know. I just and so now what I do is just kind of coming natural. But that was pretty cool weekend in the Bronx. You know, pack sadium, crowds yelling, and the roll call is a pretty cool tradition that Yankee players get to experience.
Speaker 5: The great Cody Bellinger is joining us here. He left his mark in Dodger franchise history. Players even named Otani haven't done what Cody Bellinger did when he was here winning that MVP in twenty nineteen. Rookie of the year, most home runs hit ever in twenty seventeen by a rookie. When you look back at your time and where you started, how much you learned, and where you're at now, what's the biggest difference looking back, Or what's the one piece of advice you would give that Cody Bellinger who really didn't need it. Maybe not to give Kik a shoulder shiver. Maybe that's it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was just honestly, like, looking back, I was just grateful to come up through the uh Dodgers organization. You know, I think like it's just such a solid organization and the development aspect that I was able to. You know, I've drafted at seventeen and my last year I think I was twenty six, So that was nine or ten years being with the Dodgers, and you know, you kind of grow to this little high school kid too, ended up being a dad with kids. So it was just I was just grateful to come through the Dodgers' org just the way they treated the minor league players and the there's just a well rounded organization. I have nothing but positive things to say about it all.
Speaker 5: It's incredible how you were a gold Glove first baseman, but they treated you as the athlete as you are. You maybe don't have the opportunities you have now.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, It's funny. I think it was twenty six fifteen or sixteen. They wanted to put me in a center field.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, I'm a first base then, and.
Speaker 11: They're like, no, You're going to play outfield because you're really good.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, I want to play first.
Speaker 11: I was a little stubborn at first, but ultimately, man obviously extremely grateful that I'm able to because play the outfield and you know, I do it, you know, at a good level. So that's something I take pride in and you know, I'm I'm glad.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I moved officially to right field in nineteen, so that was my first four year in the outfield in big league, so, which was cool.
Speaker 5: Do you remind Judge that you're an MVP two?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, here we yeah, we remind each other. He's the two time, though, I'm the one time. He's got one more on me.
Speaker 5: What's it like being teammates with him?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 11: Man, it's so special. You know, just what he can do on a baseball field is tremendous.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean like.
Speaker 11: Very similar to probably showy I've yet to see with my own eyes, but just what they can do on a baseball field, honestly, like majority of the night, you're just like wow, it's just like this is amazing.
Speaker 5: So four hundred. It's incredible that he's flirting with four hundred.
Speaker 11: I think everyone sees like the power and everything. It's the baseball player. He's a good base runner, it's a great defensive player. He's a great arm. It's accurate, like he do just everything well and he hits for power. So like I said, I mean, he does some things on the baseball field that is just truly amazing.
Speaker 5: You do too, I'll never forget the thrills you gave us all here in Los Angeles. Cody, you keep going. I know you're a girl dad. Now you're all growing up. I know that's special for you too.
Speaker 11: I'm loving it. Yeah, you know, I love being a dad, and you know they keep me inspired. So it's been fun.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot, Cody, and you know how much we love you. You were a special player here in LA and obviously we wish you would have stayed here your entire career. But whenever you come back to LA. I still don't believe you should have to pay for a meal.
Speaker 1: I know I appreciate that.
Speaker 11: No, I mean seriously, whenever I come back and people treat me so good, and I was always treated good here by the fans, and you know, I love the fans here, I love the stadium. I love it all, so it's always fun to be back.
Speaker 5: Why I just walk you over to the Dodger side right now, Cody, I don't think I want this to end.
Speaker 1: See what I'm rocking right here?
Speaker 5: I can't see. I can't see, Cody, Come on now. Thanks a lot for the time. Always appreciated, and we'll see you soon farst.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: There he goes, Cody Bellinger back in LA and he'll receive a pair of Canaan's world best pole ride sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clear, lighter and stronger than other lenses, and are nearly impossible to scratch. Visit canaan dot Com for your pair. Tim always great to catch up with, Cody Bellinger.
Speaker 1: One of the good guys. Cody Bellinger.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza.
Speaker 1: Partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 6: When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com. Lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Yankees Sunday Night Baseball. I'm next, well, Dave deeper to this pitching matchup. I'm Tim Casey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio navist.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Yankees.
Speaker 6: Dodgers going for the sweet Sunday Night Baseball, with first pitch coming up before ten.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Here is it by your Southern California Toyota dealer. Work hard and play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force Turbo Chars engine. It's a truck built for the bulls. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Ryan Yarborough on the mound two and oh with a three to zero six ERA thirty three year old veteran left hander eight season the Big League's Raised Royals, part of twenty twenty three and thirty two games in twenty twenty four with the Dodgers sign a free agent deal with the Yankees' past offseason, making his fifth start his thirteenth appearance. In his last ten games, which includes four starts, he's been inserted into the rotation because of injuries.
Speaker 1: He's gone two to oh with the two to fourteen ERA.
Speaker 6: Last time out, six innings, one run, two hits, seven strikeouts in a win over the Anaheim Angels. Ironically, he has never faced the Dodgers despite pitching for them for almost a year plus. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers six and three with a one ninety seven ERA. The twenty six year old right hander making his twelve start last time out against the Guardians, six innings, two runs, three hit, seven strikeouts for the win. In the month to May, he made five starts, he went three to one with a three ERRA. Now, currently, Yoshinobu Yamamoto holds the best whip and batting average against in the National League, also the second best ERRA in the National League at one point ninety seven. He'll face the Yankees for the second time in his career. In the regular season, he had seven scoreless innings last June against them in New York. Remember he started Game two of the twenty twenty four World Series against the Yankees at Dodger Stadium. He pitched into the seventh inning, gave him one hit, one run, a solo home run, while striking out four in the game two World Series win. Yoshinobo Yamamoto and Ryan Yarborough the pitching matchup. Dodgers Yankees were fifteen minutes away for first pitch keys to the game. Our next of Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the officials your home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Yankees getting ready to square off for the third time this weekend. Dodgers going for the sweep with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. If fits fireworks season, so make sure you're practicing safe fireworks. Use safe insane fireworks that display the California State Fire Marshall seal. Always read the directions that's important, and ensure fireworks are only lit by adults. Never use fireworks near dry grass or other flammable materials. For more information about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot ca A dot GOV. All right, back out to the booth one final time before first pitch, Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys, All.
Speaker 7: Right, TC back here with Rick Monday one more time to preview this series finale. The Dodgers efforting a sweep of the Yankees. It has never happened in the history of Dodgers v Yankees. Think of all the history between these two clubs in all their series, never a sweep in the regular season save four, of course, a certain world series where a certain left tended by the name of mister Colfax absolutely dominated New York.
Speaker 4: So MO give us a few keys in this one.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the biggest key is to stay within the realm of possibilities, and that possibility is for Yamamoto. We start to look at what he's been able to do the last two starts he's given up. The batting average below one hundred is just amazing. In that end of it for the season, just one seventy and then with strikes two strikes in particular of posing teams this year against y Yova Modom getting just one two Okay. On that side of the ledge, Ryan Yarborough, the Dodgers know very well he has an outstanding changeup. Yarborough is in the middle of the streak as well. Since he was moved into the starting rotation. He's made four starts. He's two to oh with a ERA of just two and a quarter. He has a very good idea of what he's trying to do. He throws strikes. If you're going to get on base, you'll have to swing the bats.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers gonna lean on their ace, who has really handled himself well against the Yankees last year. Really his major league career took a trajectory turn for the better. Yoshinobayamamoto in that tremendous performance in the Bronx, and of course he backed it up in the World Series against New York. He gets them again. He's gonna try and continue that trend against Ryan Yarborough. The Dodgers are familiar with him, but he has been a bit different pitcher the last two turns as Moe just talked about, all right, now that you got the keys, we just got to wait for first pitch. It's coming up here shortly to him, Yeah.
Speaker 6: First pitch is next afterwards, David Vasse's got you cover with all the post game fantivities, including Dodger take as well.
Speaker 1: Dodgers going for the sweep won't be easy.
Speaker 6: Ryan Yarboro Yoshinobo Yamamoto, the pitching match up and joint of Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Oh your Network,