Speaker 1: We brought this up earlier. It's not an email, but it's like when you go to Target and you walk out and you go, where the fuck did I park? And I did that the other day at Target, and I had to kind of rethink what I looked at when I walked in. So I went down to get moth traps, very exciting, very exciting, and I walk, you know, park, and I walk in. Then I go to get the moth traps and walk back out, and I'm like, ah shit. So I had to kind of rego back in my mind to think what did I look at when I walked in? Does anybody else forget where you parked in? Somewhere as dumb as Target or.
Speaker 2: Cub all the time?
Speaker 3: And I try when I park, I think, Okay, if I'm in this lane, what am I looking at? If I face the store that I'm going into? So am I facing the pharmacy? Am I facing the grocery? Am I facing I don't know nothing? Then I try and remember that, do I know?
Speaker 4: Mine's always at the gym, and so I'm always like clicking my little uh though keyfob to like make the lights go yeah, and so I can see.
Speaker 2: That see I don't have that cute beep beep.
Speaker 4: I have the aggressive like beepoint you do that, So I just click the unlock button to see the lights going. But yeah, it's always the gym one that I get like, I don't know, I just go into a different mindset. So when I come out, I'm like, wait, where was I.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The good thing about Snap is there's like two rows of parking and it's like okay, and it's never crowded. That's one of the things I love about Snap is and this sounds like a commercial, but it's really kind of a recommendation, is that it's never crowded. I never have to wait for my favorite machine, which is a stare machine, the Stare Monster I call it. And I ask people like, why do you like Snap better, and they say it's cheaper. So it's cheaper than a lot of the gyms. It's just more affordable. Yeah, And the one in chan Hassen has this amazing water miracle. It is flavored energized water out of it just because you know, like a lot of gyms have that, like you know, fill your water bottle hill fit here thing like at the airport you fill your water bottle for free. Here, it's the same thing, but you pick a flavor like coconut water or berry water and it's scott and you can choose what the strength of the water is and it's free. It's built into your membership at snap at the chan has in location.
Speaker 2: Fancy is that that sounds lovely?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And you can choose the caffeine or non caffeine version. All right, here come the emails. It's Sid from New York City. Tune it in from Bangkok, Thailand. Oh shit, I've.
Speaker 2: Been following I.
Speaker 4: Sid and I are friends on social media, but she also works with my sister at Chobani, So oh really, I've been following along with her trip because she was in Vietnam and now she's in Thailand. I just I love following along with stuff like that.
Speaker 1: She says, it's currently eight thirty pm. She wrote this at seven twenty six Minnesota time, so eight thirty thirteen hours ahead of us. So it's eight thirty at night on Thursday. I'm listening to the Minnesota Goodbye while I get a foot massage live in the dream nice. How much does this forty five minute foot massage cost?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Ask anybody want to play prices?
Speaker 2: Right, what do you dollars?
Speaker 1: How much?
Speaker 3: Two dollars Billie, I'm going to say six six dollars spot on?
Speaker 2: Wow, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: My question for you. What's something you do more often if it was less expensive? Oh, that's I'd probably say skiing. I'd probably go to Breckinridge or somewhere more often, or go to get a steak, yeah, because that could be expensive too. What about you, Jenny?
Speaker 4: Mine would definitely be going out to eat, because I maybe go out to eat once a month because I just can't handle how expensive it is to go out to eat because obviously the food is like over well not overpriced, but price for a restaurant, and then you have to tip on top of that. And so for me, I don't like to go out to eat because all I see is my dollar signs like floating off into the distance and all that money going away as I eat my meal that I could have made at home.
Speaker 1: Right, No, I get that. Did you have one?
Speaker 2: Maybe tattoos? Facials?
Speaker 3: Those two they're expensive, especially facials like a nice facials, like two hundred dollars. Oh really, but like, gosh, it's so good for your skin, though, and I wish I could afford to go, and I can.
Speaker 1: I gotcha, Rebecca writes in and Rebecca says, a thought just sprung into my head. I was listening to a bit where Susan was complaining about all this stuff that Dave keeps. Of course he keeps it. Why should Paisley Park be the only place in chan Hassen celebrating a local legend, some might even say a national legend. Someday you can tour Dave's Diggs instead of Paisley Park and see all the memorabilia from his legendary life. And she puts a little winky face on there, a little note of sarcasm in there. But this is Rebecca. You might remember her because she is the calf and heifer nutrition specialist and she works for AG Partners. And I love that we have somebody who listens that is a calf and heifer nutrition specialist. That's really cool. Thank you, Rebecca. I don't think that nobody's ever going to want to tour Casa day Ryan and see that, okay. Carmen writes in, Carmen's a big supporter of the show. I've known her for years. I've missed my favorite morning show group. I've even missed Dave two. She is in Texas. She went to see jelly Roll. Oh oh yeah yeah, writing to share a beautiful story. I just came back from Texas. We were there to visit some friends and see jelly Roll. Yes, I flew all the way there to see jelly Roll. Music has been my therapy and Tuesday I must meeting. It needed a lot because it was a very emotional night. My husband and I were chatting with a group of people behind us. Long story short, we found out her husband was two hundred and sixty five days sober because of jelly Roll's music, and his name is the same as his son Jason. That moment I got chilled. Cheers, I'll start again. That moment I got chills, and tears came rolling and I hugged these strangers. My heart was filled with so much love and I was so proud of him. Jelly Roll came down. I gave up my opportunity to get his selfie to help hold their sign up, and he saw it, grabbed it and held it up for the crowd. The crowd went crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: He then dedicated winners streak to this gentleman and sang the whole song to him. It was one of the most beautiful moments I've ever been apart on the smile on Jelly Roll's face, and I was so thankful I caught it on video.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: As tough as life can be, it is still filled with such beautiful moments. Love you guys. Carmen. Wow, that is so cool. I didn't know that she had this experience me either.
Speaker 3: That's that's so neat and so like, you know, personal, and that's once in a lifetime opportunity.
Speaker 1: This is for Jenny from Tina Jenny, did Andrew apply for Survivor?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: He has not. No, is he going to?
Speaker 4: Well, he's always wanted to, but we have to work on his camera presence because he's not. He is so outgoing and personable. The moment you put a camera in front of him, he freezes. So yeah, he hasn't.
Speaker 3: Maybe I would be so excited if I knew somebody on Survivor. I would draft him right away and I'd pick him as my sole survivor for Fantasy Survivor and it would be great.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: I would love for him to be on it. I just yeah, I having gone through auditions for a TV show, because I audition for The Mole once upon a time. I just feel like Andrew, he just struggles with kind of like on the spot interview things. If it's something he knows, like real est, he's fine. But if it's something that puts him on the spot to show us personality, he's just not as good at things like that as he gets nervous.
Speaker 2: He's not a public speaker.
Speaker 4: He hated in school when he'd have to give like some kind of speech in front of a class or something.
Speaker 2: He hated that stuff.
Speaker 1: Some people are just that way. Yeah, I remember kind of a similar story. Avril Levine was painfully shy. This is back in like the two thousands when she was first new, and she was painfully shy, and it was kind of endearing and that was just the way it was. But I think her record company they do training for interviews and things like that. So a few years later we had her at a concert and we interviewed her and she was now all of a sudden, bubbly and outgoing. Oh, And I felt a little bit bad for her because obviously they've worked with her on that, because they her real personality is just fine, but it wasn't perfect for her business.
Speaker 3: I mean, you kind of have to have a good, winning personality when you're in the public eye.
Speaker 1: Kind of true. This is a long one, but we're gonna give it a shot here. So we don't always like really long emails, but this looks kind of interesting, Sarah writes in Good Morning, I'm writing about grading proposals because yesterday on the show we grated proposal stories. I've been listening for twenty years. I've been waiting for this moment to share my proposal story with you. I'm going to share it in bullet points to attempt to shorten my story. We got married at twenty years old and married for seventeen years. Here's the story. The night before he proposed, I thought he died. He lived in Minneapolis, going to college at North Central. He worked at Starbucks at MOA, and he took the train back and forth to work. I lived in Wisconsin at the time. He called me on his way home from work. Every single day. He would work until closing, So about one am that night I didn't hear from him. His phone was going straight to voicemail. I panicked. I started calling his friends, his parents' state patrol head of and medical center. I was freaking out. Next day, I'm working at Herberger's and he called me at the store. I said, oh my god, I'm happier alive, but I'm pissed and I hung up on him.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Later that day, he surprised me came to pick me up from work and take me to dinner. I wasn't having it. I refused to go because I was still so angry. I'd been up all night worrying about him. I gave in. We went to dinner. I only ordered a salad and I just stabbed at it, still being a bitch. Lol. After dinner, he wanted to go to his parents' house for something. I was still crabby and I told him drop me off at home. He said, no, please come with me, So off we went to his parents. He said, let's go grab something in the basement. Now remember we're nineteen at this point. He opened the door to the basement and there were po pari, oh pourri, potpourri, okay, scattered all over the steps going down to the basement. Matt said, oh my gosh, Mom, she couldn't find rose petals, so she got popourrie and we crunched our way down the stairs. It was hilarious and stinky. There is more to this, but it's long enough at this point. We we'll never forget the popoirie on the stairs to the basement and his mom. I'm missing part of the story. What happened to the foot of the stairs?
Speaker 2: Right? I assume he proposed at the foot of the stairs.
Speaker 1: That must have been it. Okay, okay. Then there was the honeymoon two thousand and seven, before the internet had really taken off. You could do some stuff online, but nothing like it was today. We booked a cabin and Lacrosse, Wisconsin. It looked beautiful in the two pictures that were online, Florida ceiling windows on the front of the cabin tucked back in the woods. What the pictures failed to show was the cabin was directly across the driveway from the owner's home. The Florida ceiling windows looked directly into their living room. I gotta mention this point. We did not believe in sex before marriage, so there were a lot of new things for us to do on our honeymoon. Thankfully, the windows had curtains, but we will never forget driving up to that cabin and realizing how close it was to their actual house. Someday I will have to tell you my story about getting birth control as a nineteen year old with no experience in that department at all. Hope we have a wonderful day. You guys always make me smile. I hope my stories make you laugh. That's from Sarah. Sarah, that is a very sweet story. I love that he I wonder he must have been up all night planning the proposal. But I do think it's kind of shitty that he kept you in suspense and wondering he thought his every day. He called on the way home from work, and you didn't hear from him, and his voice went straight to voicemail. That's terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would be like hello, I would assume he ghosted. Honestly, I would.
Speaker 1: Have been mad too. I would have also picked up my salad and been a little bit. But thank you Sarah for the story. I love that one. Brianna's secretary, Bree, You're right, sand and Saras, I know this is usually one. Nita is Laane, but I need to get my rent on. Why do people ask you questions when the answer is so obvious and staring you in the face. I was just in the bathroom midstream when my husband walks in and says, what you doing? Well, I don't know. I'm building the campfire, making s'mores and singing kumbai Ah. What the fuck do you think I'm doing? You are not Helen Keller. You can see and hear what I'm up to. In fact, no need to ask. Ever, you can safely assume when somebody's sitting on the crapper they aren't practicing the practicing sitting. Okay, I feel.
Speaker 2: Better now, they are practicing sitting.
Speaker 1: I feel better now. Thank you for listening. Peace out girl scouts.
Speaker 4: That's from Andrew does that to me on the time.
Speaker 1: What does he do?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: And I will be in the bathroom and I'll be like, what do you think I'm doing? Like, I'm sitting here, what are you doing? I'm sitting in the sun room couch working on stuff on my computer, doing some work. Yeah, it's just he's like a toddler sometimes, what.
Speaker 2: Are you doing?
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: You just want to chat?
Speaker 1: I think that's it. You just kind of want to chat, you know, it's like, what are you? What are you doing? I'll come in sometimes they'll go what's going on here? Knowing nothing's going on.
Speaker 2: What's going on in here?
Speaker 1: What's going on here? And the susion will be like nothing, but I'm expecting her to say that, oh, Carson called yeah or whatever. I'm going to share a story I told early early on the show today, but I'll share it on the Minnesota Goodbye because I just love this this little tidbit. So Carson is on tour with David Kushner. He is the tour manager, which is just as impressive as it sounds. He's the fucking tour manager at twenty three years old. And he says every venue that he walks into because he's the one that calls the venue and says, hey, David Kushner is going to be there in two hours. We need a place to park the bus. And he's the one who arranges everything like that. And when he walks in and talks to the venue managers let's say, you know whatever venue it might be like Fox Theater in LA. He walks in there like you're Carson, you're so young. Because they expect the tour manager to be like thirty eight or forty years old, and Carson's twenty three. Talking to him last night, he's facetiming and I said, so, what's been the best part of your job? And he said, knowing that I'm the guy, what's the hardest part of your job? Being the guy? And I thought that was such a wise and true and profound answer coming from a kid that I still think of as a stupid sixth grader, because he gets to be the guy. He's the guy. You want backstage passes, you talk to me. You want extra you know, like salami in your dressing room, you go through me. Yeah, you're out of PEPSI go through me. Your girlfriend wants to get backstage, go through me. What time do we get up and meet at the tour bus? You ask me. He's the guy, but that's also a lot of stuff that's the hard part.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so we're on FaceTime with him last night, and he kept doing that thing on FaceTime where you blurs your screen because he's doing something else. You don't have FaceTime you're a name, but I know how it works, and I'm like, what are you doing? He's like, I'm checking text messages. I said, you got your mom and dad on FaceTime. Can you check him later? He's like, no, I can't. They need to know right now. So he's exhausted.
Speaker 2: He's like, Dad, I'm important.
Speaker 1: Okay, he is important, and he's done on Saturday and he flies to Colorado to meet us on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Is he excited?
Speaker 1: He's so excited.
Speaker 4: It's nice that he is able to be on a tour that gives him holidays, you know, Like, I'm sure artists probably purposely on their tours around like a schedule that they want. Yeah, but not everyone does so, Like who knows if he was over in Southeast Asia again on some tour. He's not flying home just because they're off for the week of Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, And I think that's probably true, because a lot of artists will do a Thanksgiving Eve performance or a Christmas Eve performance or whatever.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Caroline writes in my favorite conversation topic used to be worst Date Wednesday, and this is my plea to bring it back. I'm happily in a relationship now, but when I think about my worst date, one moment stands out. I was sitting on the Free House patio and the North Loop waiting for a first date when I got a text from him that said Daddy's coming. Oh no, no, Jenny and daily your thoughts. Jenny's had a bold power, moved you stayed, Do you leave the patio? While I stayed? And even when on a second date. On the second date, he said, I unfollowed you on social media because I was posting Instagram stories and not texting him back fast enough for his liking, and it made him feel insecure. Spoiler alert, we didn't work out love y'all, Caroline. So in other words, he would text her yeah, she wouldn't text back yea, but he could see that she was posting on Instagram. Yeah, and it made him feel insecure. Yeah, Daddy's coming, Jenny.
Speaker 4: Okay, Daddy's coming would be funny to me if we had already had conversations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somehow involved the use of that word.
Speaker 4: If it was absolutely out of nowhere, no hot a hard pass, I'd be like, oh my god. I'd probably tell the server like, hey, make sure you give this the check like right away, or keep coming up.
Speaker 2: To us like hey, are you guys ready? You know what I mean? But no, that's that would be a pass for me.
Speaker 3: See I think that'd be funny. I would be like, that's a good bit. This guy is hilarious. So I would probably stick around for the first date. But the second time when he's like, nah, you're not paying attention to me, I'm over that. I had a boyfriend who did that once, who was always mad at me for not prioritizing him constantly and texting him all the time.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you need to chill, dude, freaking chill. I have a life.
Speaker 1: I get that way a little bit, like in texting a friend if they don't text back, or like if I text Chase sometimes he doesn't text back, and I'm like, bitch, I know you've got your phone in your hand all the time, text me back.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe he doesn't have the capacity to text you right in that moment. Maybe he's doing something that's.
Speaker 4: Like one of the number one things for millennials, Like I just don't have the capacity.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I want to like come and do this or text you back, and I'm fully on board with it.
Speaker 2: I'm so busy of it myself.
Speaker 4: But I also just don't like texting, Like does Chase even like texting Dave? Because I just feel like really, I was gonna say I don't like texting, and just yesterday I was like, shit, there was like two people who I open their text and I forgot to respond to I need to go back and respond to them now, and it's a whole like forty eight hours later, and I feel bad, but it's just not me. I don't like texting, and there's nothing that's going to change me about that.
Speaker 1: You know, I get that you don't like it, but that's kind of the norm of communication in our current culture is like you don't want to call somebody, I never call you unless it's like Jenny, I need to ask you something right away, or I want to tell you like a funny story or something that I get that can't wait. I think I called you a couple of like last week. What did I call you about?
Speaker 4: You need to help with some Christmas wish stuff? So okay, right, you had texted me first and said, hey, can you call me when you get a chance, and I'd seen your text right away, so I called you right away.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, I don't know, you're like an old lady that's like bag, you know what, I'm not going to text.
Speaker 2: I don't like text it's something.
Speaker 4: I don't want to text. It's just that in that moment, I just don't really feel like texting. But I will always respond to a text if it's important. If it's show related and I see it right away, I will respond as soon as I see it. If it's family related about something that happened in the family, that's important, I will respond to that right away. However, my mom just sent me something about how this lady she follows on Instagram's having a big sale and let her know if if we want anything. I'm probably not gonnas some of that because A I don't need anything and be I like.
Speaker 3: Then it's going to take time, but you have to click on it and look through things and then compile a list.
Speaker 2: No, it takes too much time.
Speaker 1: I think it was yesterday on the Minnesota Goodbye, somebody said that they have a group chat about the morning show and remember that. Yeah, and I said, send me some screenshots. I'd be really curious to see what your screen show like. So their group looks like it has five people and it's called KADWB fan Club. I love this and here's some random ones. So the other day we played Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald the song that doesn't belong on KTWB at all. And then somebody writes in all caps they say, hell yeah of a boss check. And then somebody else says, yeah, I'm just gonna see if you were listening. And then somebody says Dylan, Oh my god. Then somebody says, fuck you Rich because because rich our boss called in and said, get that song off.
Speaker 2: My radio station.
Speaker 1: Uh. And then somebody says that was a rare Dave W moment.
Speaker 2: And then they are Dave W. That means you don't w a lot.
Speaker 1: I guess. Cole says, what song was it? I missed it? And then Sarah says Edmund fitzgeral Edward Fitzgerald is actually Edmund Fitzgerald, but we get the gist. Then there's another one, and this happened Friday, November. First, somebody says this lady can go to hell. This was the one that said I'm not Jenny Pretty, I'm really yeah, because she wanted to be an influencer and she was like, I've tried everything, and she said, I'm not Jenny Pritty, I'm really pretty rude. She's calling to get advice on how to be an influencer. Dylan said, my jaw dropped, and then somebody I believe. Sarah says, we don't really like you very much. You haven't been nice and shown humility. Pop off. Dave Madison says in this group chat, what the fuck that's so messed up? And Sarah says that girl was so naive and Dylan said, Sarah, is that you? Then we move on to Monday, October twenty eighth. They've saved a lot of these. This was about promise rings, and we might have been talking to Vaught about buying Alyssa promise rings. Yeah, so, Dylan writes in the in this group chat, and I love it. This is the last one. Aren't promise rings for high schoolers? Not people in their twenties that travel across the country for one another? L ol. Dana says, yeah, for sure, Dylan says, and vont is making a big proposal thing just for a promise ring.
Speaker 3: Ha ha.
Speaker 1: Dana says that's too much. Sarah says, I think moving across the country is a fiance level commitment. Madison says, slight vibe of fear of commitment is what I'm hearing to Vaunch promise ring thing. I love that there's a group chat about our morning show, so great.
Speaker 3: We should inspire other people to have group chats about the radio station.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: That would be a really good idea because as you're listening, yeah, you're listening most of the time. People are listening live most time they do. There's a lot of people listen after the fact and they'll listen to the stream or you know, the podcast, but most people are listening as it happens, and even with the delay on iHeartRadio, you're never more than a minute off or so. So yeah, that'd be kind of cool. If you and your sister or your mom, or your husband or brother in law, whatever listen, then start a little chat text group.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 4: Or if you have no one to listen to because they're like Dave Bryan, Yeah right, I'm not listening to that show, you could always hop on our YouTube live and can comment on that because I mean, so many people. It's kind of like if you're on Twitch, a lot of people have their conversations within the Twitch stream, right, so on the YouTube screen stream you could like sit and comment back and forth with other people on that as well.
Speaker 2: When we're alive. Yeah, make friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if you met your fiance on the group chat?
Speaker 2: What if you did?
Speaker 1: What if that's God's plan and you haven't In the words of Michael Boublay, is it him that sings it might not be Michael Bouley, I just haven't met you yet. Yeah that Michael, I just haven't met you yet. I think I sound a lot like Michael Bublay.
Speaker 2: Really, who told you that?
Speaker 1: Joe?
Speaker 2: Who's Joe?
Speaker 1: Joe Mama?
Speaker 2: Joe Mama?
Speaker 4: I love Jo Mama.
Speaker 1: Apparently I was making fun of Ronda the other day on the show, and I don't remember what I said, but then Ronda texted me, Yeah, your mom. She texted me a couple of nights ago and said, well, I really took it up the ass on the show today, Dave.
Speaker 2: So weird. She's never said that to me in her life.
Speaker 1: And I thought I wrote back a haha, yeah, because I wasn't sure if she was mad, because Bailey said something stupid like what were you doing last night? And I said, I was with your mama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you said something about our holes being big. Honestly, I think that's what you said. Yeah, Yeah, so that's why she said she.
Speaker 1: And I thought it was I thought she was I thought she was really mad at me. But I think when Bailey and I determined later, she is probably just drinking a bottle of red. Problem was truly all right? That is it. Have a great weekend. I'm out all next week, but trust in everybody here to hold down the fort. Probably do a better job than I do. So have a great week. I will see you after Thanksgiving. Thank you for listening to Minnesota. Goodbye. These guys are still doing it, so it'll we still need more emails.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we'll still be doing it next week because Jenny and I want to answer a gurly questions well.
Speaker 2: But also the.
Speaker 4: Thought will be part of it next week. He's off tomorrow, but he'll be part of it next week. So if you have anything you've been dying to know above, von set that in.
Speaker 2: Now's the time.