Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of Idiotology. We'll let your taco one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But you're freaking idiots all right. This hour is brought to you by Mills Air. Thank you, Mills Hair.
Speaker 3: A little reminder for people all week this week, for you say that we play it, which is going to go up in a couple of minutes on our Facebook page. All week we have four packs of Welcome to Rockville tickets to give away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so when each morning when you say we played, voting opens, make sure you put a vote in until you get eligible for that about seven to twenty. It'll go up in case you're looking for.
Speaker 3: And we'll remind you we want you to go to Rockville. We'll see you out there.
Speaker 2: So the United Football League will be kicking off its new season later this month on the twenty eighth. It looks like things will go ahead as planned now that a well a bit of a labor issue seems to have been somewhat resolved for now. Okay, all uh, all of their quarterbacks were holding out. They had a little mini camp. They all sat that out in protests of a Measley pay increase. You don't make a whole lot of money playing football in the UFL. No, but once you don't make in money, you hopefully recoup an exposure and maybe a you know, big pro team sees how good you are and they scoop you up. Not always the case.
Speaker 3: But this is the one that was actually pretty successful.
Speaker 2: This isn't the one. This is the two that merged. Remember last year that, yeah, they merged.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to verify because it's not that one that was a flash in the bucket.
Speaker 2: Remember that. No, no, no, this is that didn't even pay their players. George again. So all the quarterbacks apparently are going to report today when official training camps open in the league, although they're just reporting on the word that the legue wal negotiating good faith to address their salary concerns. How much do you think quarterback in the UFL makes for a minimum of ten weeks of work, It's a minimum of ten weeks of work.
Speaker 3: Ten weeks of work. That's a lot of practice in between. I'm gonna go, I know it's nowhere compared to the pros. What is about seventy thousand.
Speaker 2: Lower fifty five K for quarterback.
Speaker 3: It's not bad for ten weeks of work, but you are getting beat up in there.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of us right now, go fifty five K for ten weeks work. Where do I sign up? But yeah, you do point out that, you know, you could come with a serious injury obviously, but career ending injury possibly.
Speaker 3: Could come with the exact opposite as you mentioned at the beginning of the thing, which is, oh, you know what, New York Jets need a quarterback?
Speaker 2: Calculated risk? How interesting would it be if they had to start the season with no quarterbacks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually got somebody who could do it. Well.
Speaker 2: Sure they'd throw a wide receiver in there or something or running back, you know, just to get by. But yeah, so they they had sat out the little mini camp in protest. But where it is they're all going to report today when when their camp's open. Uh don't know what the pay increase, if any, is going to be, but good luck fellas. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't like those good faith sayings. You know what I'm saying. I like, I like when it's signed.
Speaker 2: Here's what it is. That's the you know, the Rock owns part of that league, so they're gonna have to negotiate with the Rock. Yeah, he's got rock money man.
Speaker 3: He's a and he's a you know, athlete, he'll take care of He's also a businessman owning this league. Here's somebody said, didn't they on a contract to make what they're making now all of a sudden it's a problem.
Speaker 2: And no, no, no, they are protesting the negligible increase that was given. They wanted more so they the league has agreed we'll negotiating good faith. But yes, to answer your question, they did sign up and agree for that. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: So at least we'll have something to watch.
Speaker 2: Well, I gonna last year watching it. Scientists in the UK have created a banana that stays fresh after opening. Oh really check this so you know that's one of the pitfalls of if you're like bananas, Once you peel the damn thing, you need to get to eating that, or you know, once it's exposed air, it's things start to go downhill relatively fast.
Speaker 3: I hate that when I come home and there's a banana in the in the peel, still cut in half, sitting on the counter, I'm like, so why do I have to do something with it? I've started to just throw it away. At that point, I've started a new thing in my house, just started it recently. When there's stuff laying around on the counters, I just walk by it. Now I've cleaned it too long. It makes me crazy, which is my fault, because every sense it quit smoke and you know, things bugged me a little more.
Speaker 2: It's my fault.
Speaker 3: But I watched a George Foreman sit on the County yesterday crumbs all, you know, like a big chunk of bread halfway on and I go not touching it. I walked by and Patty gave me the heaves.
Speaker 2: I was like, you ended up cleaning it up? Didn't Nope? Is it still there now? No idea? Oh you didn't look this morning out of curiosity.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I don't go out.
Speaker 3: I don't even leave the dorm room in the morning, just shower and walk right out in the garage.
Speaker 2: So the British experts have altered the fruits genetics so it remains firm, fresh and yellow for about twenty four hours even after opening, even when sliced. No more slimy brown bananas. And these are gonna start showing up here in the United States and several other countries. The irony is the country that came up with this innovation isn't going to have access to him. He'll clear some additional red tape that'll laught. Yeah, I have to deal with I don't know.
Speaker 3: Can I just get regular bananas that aren't, you know, genetically messed with. I don't care if they last longer? Sure, well, I'm it's.
Speaker 2: Been in a lab that I don't Okay, I'm just I'm not a banana guy, so but I know a lot of you are, so this may be good news for you.
Speaker 3: For others, it's just banana. Somebody said it two two five, two six. I still miss the Predators. Wish they were the old arena team that they were before with Jay Gruden. Jay moved on to bigger.
Speaker 2: Pastures that that ship has kind of sailed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, and then this is interesting. Bye. By the way, I have more on this banana breakthrough on our Facebook page if you want the full skinny on that. It's all laid out there for you. I did make the comment though, Okay, now you get this banana thing going here, can we work on non bruceed apples now, non brused apples? That'd be That's apples the banana past. I mean, true, true. I don't know what I was thinking there.
Speaker 3: Somebody said about the salary of the football players, fifty five k is the starting salary of a teacher getting out of school.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if it's that much starting salary for them. But a teacher, well, the teachers deal with hell too. Not tackle. Yeah, they do have to tackle sometimes short or be tackled. Yeah, so it's like a football player.
Speaker 2: Any of you who have ever visited Six Flags in Jackson, New Jersey, I think that's great adventure there. You may have in the past road on what was at one time the world's tallest and fastest roller coaster, Kingda Kah. I've heard of that. It's no more. They imploded at some bitch Friday. The video footage of that. Now they blew up a roller coaster. I've seen buildings blown up same way. Four hundred and fifty six feet tall. They detonated that thing, brought it all down and one fell swoop to make room for a new roller coaster, which I guess will be faster and even taller once it's done.
Speaker 3: And not to mention safer if that one's being blown up, it's been there for quite some time.
Speaker 2: Milton, two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: Now I don't care as built by some guy going baldy.
Speaker 2: You gott it ain't bolts one shure. I'll just leave it this. This is a an e roller coaster. Enthusiasts know this as soon as some company puts up what's touted is the world's tallest and or fastest roller coaster. It holds that crown for about two seconds in roller coaster time. Yeah, this is very similar to the uh to the building envy they have.
Speaker 3: You get the biggest one in Japan, and all of a sudden, uh whatever that Saudi Join has got hal got nothing, And I have glass bridges leading to.
Speaker 2: It that you can oh sorry, that was that Saudi Joint.
Speaker 1: Follow the Orlandos Rock Station.