Speaker 1: Get a getting man.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're closing on what is a party people? I'm your host DJ, and.
Speaker 3: That lady right there is Fostina.
Speaker 2: Oh look at that. It shouldn't it should have faded out, all right. I forgot to get that button, all right, fade out the applause all right? Uh wow. So yeah, we we were building up this week. Of course we did a win a midweek show with the idea that we we was fin to have a superstar up in this joint, somebody who we really admire, somebody who's gonna who's become a friend or in Spanish and Amiga and I have news. Well, you know what, we should release the news for all of the irishmen in the chat, including Kimberley McGuire, that we found out just moments ago news broke that in fact, Nan Gallagher is no Irish nat six, she is Scottish sick. Can't throw your bloody head. And Luca's here, Debbie Blair and Heather from Baba is here. So without any further delay, we got to get her in here because girlfriend got lots to say and she about to say it. So people of calling all beings party people, put chands together for our od girl, Nan Geller, nobody me an amen in this joint? Yes?
Speaker 3: Amen? Amen? How are you all the amens? Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow, Nan Galligan, welcome back. Non, It's so good to have you back in the cob.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I love love talking with you guys. And when we figured out tonight would be a good rescheduled night for last week's debacle, I apologize for that to everyone. This was the best way I want to spend my Saturday night. So thanks for everyone for joining.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying too. And I just want to say my head doesn't look this fat in person. I just not that. I don't know what brought that on anyway. I'm sorry. Nan fan here, Yes, smart, what does that say? Smart? Smart? Hurry? I love that. Oh and here's the legend right here. She's from the Bronx, New York. You know what I'm talking about, Nan.
Speaker 3: You know I'm originally from the Bronx myself, and I went to college in the Bronx.
Speaker 2: So you want to ford.
Speaker 3: Them or something I did.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Well did you go to it for law school? If you under grad?
Speaker 3: Undergrad? I went there undergrad and then I went to New York Law school. So I'm a New Yorker at heart.
Speaker 2: As I am I as am I. Another thing we have in common other than that we're both, you know, reasonably cool. I suppose look at that, my sister, all right, you know, we got to get into it.
Speaker 3: Nan.
Speaker 2: I figured what we would do is kind of let you just kind of do some scream of consciousness because I assume that there has been certain events during the trial or the trial stuff that you just have thoughts about or that you want to Oh, somebody wants to know what kind of lipsticks?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, everyone wants to know my lipstick.
Speaker 2: So well, it's good. Yeah, I mean that's positive.
Speaker 3: DJ, you got to have the lips. If you don't have the lips, no one's gonna pay attention to you. So to Laura and anyone else, just message me. I actually typed it out what I do for my lips, and I'm happy to send it to you. It's actually like five different products. So wow. But you know, I get a lot of feedback and it's generally positive. So yeah, thank you for the I'm going to take it as a compliment. If you want to know my lipstick, then I must be banging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yeah, yeah, I mean last time it was there was a a viewer that wanted to know Boston Brandy's dental tips for her white teeth, and this time it's your lipstick.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I had clips for white teeth too. Okay, you know I should tell your audience. Though it's very it's probably worth mentioning. They make this purple powder and they sell it on Amazon, and you just mix it in with your toothpaste and your it's got blue and purple particles in it, and your teeth come out looking like the day you were born, except you don't have teeth when you're born. But you know what I'm getting at.
Speaker 2: Man, we've already got a question for you. This was really quick, Nan. Would would you like to read that one? And oh? Yeah, take that?
Speaker 3: So should the defense call proctor if the Commonwealth doesn't? Absolutely Elena gill uh Well, and it doesn't appear, let's and I will do stream of consciousness DJ. But it does not appear right now that the Commonwealth is going to call proctor. They've taken the step of skirting around some very important issues and very important people so far. But it's really hard for trial attorneys like myself to forecast exactly where they're going, because they're kind of calling witnesses out of order. They're calling is in this disjointed non fung Shue order that would allow someone like me to forecast like I can tell you, and I'm sure your audience can assume. Okay, they still have to call their equivalent of a medical examiner and their accident reconstructionist. But for someone like me who looks at this and knows how trials are put together and stories are supposed to be told, I would have called the lead investigator by now. But when we hear things like Uri Buchanic over the last two trial days distance himself so far away from Proctor. I mean, they are worlds and universes apart, dj so galaxies apart. One might say, so, I don't think they're going to call them, and I think your audience would would be in agreement with that. And if they're not going to call him, I know some lawyers have said, nah, they may, the defense may not, but I definitely think they need to. They need to go for it. They got they they've got to call him. The defense is referred to Proctor as a cancer in the Massachusetts State Police. He has been disciplined, he has been terminated, He had his hands in everything. So even though we're seeing a little bit of this salacious story about him and his police sing misconduct and missteps through the testimony of other people, the defense has to go for it. They've got to get him on the stand. And even though on direct examination the defense may be a little bit hindered in how so.
Speaker 2: Could you explain that for the audience? What's the difference between your their direct witness or cross right?
Speaker 3: So, when when you call your own witness on direct examination, you have to ask them open ended questions, so you cannot lead them. You can't say things like we've heard from Alan Jackson like you committed misconduct. Correct. You can't say that you've led with your conclusion and you're asking them to agree or disagree. When you call a witness on direct exam, you have to say things like, well, what if anything, And you don't always have to say what if anything, but what if anything, did you do at the crime scene? And then the witness has as much description and latitude and subjectivity as possible to answer that question however they want, unless they're not answering your question, and they're being evasive in a very measurable form that the attorney can then ask the judge permission or motion to hold the witness or consider the witness hostile. If you want to declare a witness as a hostile witness, then you can ask them as many leading questions as you want. But with Judge Bev, there's so much discretional authority that she has exerted over trial one point zero and one point two point zero. I just don't think that that is going to be a safe bet. I don't think that Judge Bev will just willingly hold a witness as a hostile witness for the defense. She doesn't really exhibit much of an affinity for the defense. So I do think that they should call Proctor ask as many open ended questions as the defense can possibly ask him. I am confident that they've been working very hard all along the way to craft questions that they're going to ask him that are not leading, but will lead him to have to make certain concessions that will be favorable for the defense and Proctor, even if he didn't testify, we got so much good stuff out of Buchanic, so far and it's going to continue on Monday at ten am. That were definitely yeah, see he was barbecued. We're definitely And by the way, we haven't even seen all of the important things come out yet. They've got to talk about the inverted video. They've got to talk about all of the investigation or lack thereof, into the communications between the fact witnesses and the interviewing of the fact witnesses and things like we know Proctor did but Buchanic wasn't involved in. So Monday is going to be yet again another in my opinion, full day of fireworks for the defense.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 3: Something that many people will not see in their lifetime, this type of revelation of such important testimony where they don't even have to call Proctor, but they will.
Speaker 1: And especially because he lost his job as a direct result of this investigation. So I think that's what needs to I mean, that was also mentioned in opening, but I think to hear it from the horse's mouth will be really nice.
Speaker 3: I agree, And I was so tickled pink that the disciplinary board that rule then found four different findings. If I recall as to Procter, that they did specifically tie his conduct in the Karen Reid investigation to their decision to discipline him and to ultimately terminate him, because they didn't have to they could, you know, we would have all been frustrated he they couldn't. They didn't have to be so specific, but they did specifically state that he exhibited bias in this investigation, and the bias of the lead investigator looking into a defendant, coupled with the salacious texting amongst his superiors and his colleagues and his friends. So there's really two different kind of layers of text messaging, and I believe only one layer has come out in court thus far because those are the ones that Buchanic was on and Buchanic was his superior. But the only way to get the really bad, additionally bad texts in the ones where we're Proctor was insulting Karen's appearance and you know, her health conditions and her accent, those can only come in through Procter. So once we're able to parse through all of the things that the defense thus far can get from Buchanic, a decision will be made as to whether they want to bring Procter in. But I think Proctor's reputation thus far in front of this jury is completely barbecued. To use your viewer's comment, there's no recovering from that image hit. And honestly, if I were to ramble on a little bit, I think buchanics, what do I want to call it? His act in front of the jury thus far, it can't possibly be playing well. He is coming across and I get now, especially now, why the defense feels and felt that it was so important for the jury to be able to see the witness's faces when they're testifying. I always knew that's an important thing. But the jury gets to see Buchanic's smirk and his visibly apparent feigning of lack of memory. He's saying in one breath that he needs a dictionary to define the word theory because he speaks English as a third language. But yet, if you all notice, he was able to read the text messages, which I have to say that was that was like a Christmas gift come early to me to have Buchanic read those horrible, I mean just horrible text messages between Higgins and Karen. He has no game. It's it's unbelievable, unbelievable. But that's why those text messages could be read by Buchanic is because Buchanic had received them from Higgins. They were curated by Higgins, and Buchanic says he considered them and I dare say dismissed them as being important evidence as part of his investigation. So now the jury is left going into this weekend thinking, wait, what's going on with Higgins? Who is this guy? Like? Why is he texting with Karen? So it was a great way to end the week and to leave that thought in the jury's mind as they go into a weekend. Yeah, it's good stuff.
Speaker 2: I just want to say this in response to somebody who's joking about URI's citizenship, and this is kind of probably in response to my friend and colleague Turtle Boy's comment about the culture that he comes from in Russia, and my response to that was simply that whatever you think about and I'm not a fan of the communist culture at all or the regime that's in charge there at all, but I do want to say that whatever culture Uri comes from, he seems to be perfectly in concert with his colleagues who are very much American and born in Massachusetts and raised in Massachusetts. So I don't see any goal for any difference between Tully Fanning Proctor Albert Buchanic. Tell me if I've missed anybody, did Chic go You know all those trooper Paulgorno, they all seem to be the troopers that were in Canton p D. They're all in concerts. So whether he comes from Russia or not is immaterial, because they all are just covering one another's ass and they've taken this oath, put their hand on the Bible and taken an oath, and now they're they're just crapping all over it to protect someone because obviously apparently protecting another officer who's committed a crime is more important than sort of honoring the oath that one took. And that's coming from a flawed person, just like everybody else out there that we're all floored flawed persons who are not perfect. But that's that's how I see that with Yuri and his colleagues, whether he's from a communist country or not. Please go ahead.
Speaker 1: I was gonna mention what about when Yuri says to Jackson, are you listening to me? And he goes, I am. There's no question that like basically paraphrasing here, there's no question I don't have the answer to. Was that not the best line ever?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I have to say that that was a great line. And one of the points that I always like to make is if you notice, and it's come out several times in both trials, the judge will tell the jury don't consider the statements of the attorneys as evidence. She's also cautioned both attorneys not to make meaning both sides not to make these kind of extra commentary. You know, you'll hear you'll hear AJ say things like we could do this all day, which, by the way, I want a T shirt any So many viewers and free Karen Reid supporters are so creative and they make things. Someone needs to make a T shirt that says we could do this all day and put AJ's face on it. But what I love most about this issue is that the judge will say, mister Jackson, like, please don't make comments, and I'm paraphrasing, and he's like absolutely or yeah, certainly, you're I'm sorry you're on her, But then he does it in the next breath like he doesn't care. And I'm to be honest as someone who has to respect judges as part of what I signed up for when I became an attorney. I have to agree with his approach because we went through that whole thing with him being questioned and his integrity being questioned and his truthfulness concerning ARCA. We went through her grave concerns as to whether or not there was extra dealings with ARCA, which I thought was just ridiculous. That I think the attorneys on the defense team, while they're certainly excellent attorneys and the epitome of integrity and ethical attorneys, I think you hit a point where you're like, screw this. I'm going to do one hundred percent of what I want to do within ethical bounds for my client. So he'll make his little We could do this all day, or I don't have to answer your questions. I'm the one asking them, and I love it because I would do that too. That's very in line with my personality. So there's a little level of I'm done with this. We're not going to play your game, BEV. We're going to play our game, because you know, the first time around it the way they played it didn't work out for them. So I definitely feel that you're going to see more of that snark from AJ on Monday and with other witnesses too, and it's probably, although I don't know, it's probably also done to bother the witness. And I detected when watching Buchanic. I detected that Buchanic did not like that he was kind of reacting to AJ's level of snark. The goal is to get under the witness's skin. So oh, hey, Nexus, Lexis, how are you you know you try to get under witness's skin. I apologize if I'm glitching, guys. So yeah, so what do we got here? Nan? What's Commonwealth appellate attorney doing in the courtroom? I've heard this question a lot, so there is, and he was there the day I was the second day I was there, which was last month. The Commonwealth has their appellate Council who's been sitting in all of the proceedings. That's actually nothing to worry about and very common. So I believe I even heard, at least on some of the days Karen had her appellate attorney or attorneys in court with her. I know she's had on some of the days her civil attorneys because she's a defendant in a wrongful death action. Her civil attorneys have been present for some of the time. It actually makes for what's called judicial economy. Sometimes the appellate lawyers or the civil lawyers just want to be in real time for the testimony, to kind of of judge for themselves, how a witness is testifying, how a jury response to them, and to see real time whether or not certain appellate issues arise. So nothing like that concerns me. But I will tell you a little inside baseball, if you guys would like please, which is when I was in court. When was that? It was in April. I can't remember what day, but in April I sat in court for one day of jury selection, and that appellate lawyer for the Commonwealth was sitting right in front of I'm gonna call it team read. So while we were all waiting, and I was sitting with some of her family and some of her friends, and it was a limited amount of people who were permitted to be in the courtroom for jury selection, but we were sitting there and out of this whole big courtroom which had to be saved for the jury veneer to come in, the appellate lawyer for the Commonwealth sat right in front of us, and Karen had come over to speak with us as we were waiting for the jury to come in, and we all noticed him there. He could have sat elsewhere, and we hushed, we didn't. We were not speaking loudly because who knows if the walls have ears. I thought it was a bush league move, mister appel At attorney, and I don't like being eaves dropped on. So but I don't worry about him. He's nothing, and Karen's going to get acquitted, so it's going to be it's gonna be nothing to worry about.
Speaker 2: And you know, I was going to this a perfect segue to ask you that question, Nan, What was it like interacting with Karen and her family?
Speaker 3: Oh? My goodness. Uh, if it was, what was a great question. It was really wonderful. So I I had first started having just some light phone calls with Karen's family and Karen a couple times through the course of me being part of this movement, and they are just salt of the earth, really personable, very hardened people like this has hardened them, which is a complete shame because of all that they've gone through, and it's very hard for them to trust people and their government and their police and all of that, but in dealing with them, the level of graciousness just they are so polite. It's it's very refreshing. I have some pictures at some point where I will share where I got some pictures with Karen and the family, but out of respect for them, I'm not sharing them yet because I really don't want to. I don't want to make it look like, you know, I'm trying to show, hey, I'm friends with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's okay if people do it for themselves, but that's just not my thing. I will say, though, Caen, the last time I was in Karen's presence, I felt like she was my kid's sister. I'm only just a handful of years older than her. I'm actually the same age as John O'Keeffe down to the birth month, which is why I love when the trolls call me elderly. I'm like, you realize, you realize I'm the same age as John O'Keeffe would have been. But Karen, I felt like I was dealing with just a kid's sister, you know, talking about girl stuff, just things that ladies can talk about. And I'm happy that I don't know her. I don't know her very well at all, but I'm happy that she was, that that part of her hasn't been snuffed out, you know what I mean. And she will never be the same no matter how this cookie crumbles. No, but when she gets to the other side of it, I know that her spirit hasn't been extinguished and she's going to be just fine. And one last point on this DJ She's she is, truly and I know this from speaking with her and her beautiful parents and her brother. They are so truly appreciative of content creators and the boots on the ground and those who watch YouTube programs. So everyone should always just keep showing up. I know that has become a bit of a punchline some recently, but I will say it's very important. It fuels the reads a little bit. Yeah, and I'm just not going to stop saying it.
Speaker 2: Keep saying it. I love it. Yeah. People are trolling you because it's a great saying and they wish they could have co opted it or thought of it themselves. In the meantime, I want to thank a meatball Morrissey sketty stain, which is probably right on if he's wearing I cautioned him against wearing white dress shirts. I just want to say, as a normal dog mom, I think it's gross to change an old dog's name. You're changing its family, but giving it a name it doesn't recognize. I mean, granted, I don't believe it's really Chloe, but if it was, okay, So let me address this. It's not Chloe, And first of all, it's not really Chloe. I think Chloe is no longer a living being on this earth, unfortunately, sadly. Obviously I'm a dog dad. But what I what I want to say is unless you have a microchip with one of those companies like Avid that is predated to January twenty nine, twenty twenty two, like when they would have gotten the dog and taken them for their first vet and had that put in the back of the neck, until we can see paperwork from Avid that says that this number equates to this dog with a scan tool that would be done by an independent party, and then we could see that same dog today where we could scan that dog and see that. Yes, unless they're able to call Avid and convince them that Brian Albert is going to beat up all of Avid then it's not the same dog, and the dog doesn't exist, think Brennan saying it's the same dog is simply to put uh sort of. It goes to them saying that the dog was re home to Vermont, which nobody believes. We all know that somebody as cruel as Brian Albert would have just put a forty five shell in the dog and buried it somewhere in like western Massachusetts, put in his pickup truck, wrapped him up in some sort of a tarp, and and buried the dog so that it could never be forensically examined, particularly the dental portion of the dog. So unless they produce that, there's no Chloe.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: Well that okay.
Speaker 3: So by the way, I think Morris he I think I heard.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: I just want to thank for the donation. That was very very kind of you. Thank you, Eddie Stein. We do appreciate that, and I hope you have oxy clean to be able to remove that stain.
Speaker 1: I met well last I met this person last week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think that was I think she might have been dancing with Mike Crawford. I think I saw that at he mentioned he met her, So that's awesome, I.
Speaker 2: Had her to DJ, I did oh, I didn't even know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the issue with the dog. While we're on the dog, I put on Twitter yesterday, poor Chloe or Cora has entered the Canine Witness Protection program. This issue with the dog, I have a sneaking suspicion is going to be discarded by the jury. Now, don't get me wrong. The wounds on the arm are dog bites and dog scratches and puncture wounds, and we can forecast that Garrett Wing, the expert, is going to give stellar testimony linking those injuries to the acts of a dog. I think there's value in all of that. But in terms of this dog is now Cora and was in Vermont and was not permitted to be seen by the defense, but was seen by the commonwealth representatives, that whole issue is not going to be of significance. The Commonwealth literally wants to take the trust me bro approach as it relates to Chloe, and I think all of us are smart enough to know, like, as DJ had said, like this dog is no longer. If the dog existed still, the dog would have been made readily available to the defense, probably even brought to court if need be. But it's just not It's not going to be considered more than the fact that there is tremendous weight of evidence that the defense is going to produce that those are dog bites, whether it's Marie Russell, Garrett Wing, the medical expert that the defense has engaged out of I believe Rhode Island. I cannot think of the doctor's name. I think it begins with an L. So I think that is just a complete it's a joke. If the Commonwealth thinks that the general public and the jury are dumb enough to believe that Chloe is Cora and exists in Vermont, they are way underestimating all of us. And it's been rehomed twice, yeah.
Speaker 2: The original Well no, it has not. It has not been rehomed twice. Well, well, according to once you get overlying, no, And they had to find when they hired Hank Brennan, they had to find a prodigious liar. And once they found somebody who was willing to take on the role of defense attorney, because then you know, if you're lying, you know it's a defense attorney. Now I realize there's Officer of the Court but to offer a vigorous defense who you're a client who may in fact be guilty, is completely different than being a prosecutor, as Nan Well knows. So once they find a liar, then you could lie about anything. And clearly, uh, they have found somebody that is willing to play ball, that has seen the facts of the case and is willing to to play the charade. He has no idea, He doesn't have a way of knowing if that's Chloe. He doesn't There isn't such a way that he said.
Speaker 1: He that it got rehomed, that the that she got rehomed, and then the people that it got rehomed to also rehomed her.
Speaker 2: Right, And I also think, yeah, it's a lie. So that's not what happened. And Uri also is willing and all. And URI's also willing to lie because look what he look what he said about the about the thing about the reports where you said when you said a report wasn't written un till eighteen months later. Is that is that common? Well, you know reports are done all the time, and eh, you know your liar, I mean, you're a liar.
Speaker 1: One of them was like five hundred and eighty or something. Something days later. Yeah. Crazy.
Speaker 3: We should mention this while we're on this point, the juxtaposition that Alan took with Buchannick on when witnesses were interviewed and or reports were written, and when he went through and did the and it was this many days to the date of incident that you interviewed this person, and this many days and got all the way out to I don't know what the highest was, eight hundred something days or five hundred something days. That was genius. You're now showing police incompetence. There has to have been a reason why the police would have had to have interviewed people like Heather Maxin and was it Dano. Yeah, these people should have been interviewed around when Ryan Nagel and Julie Nagel were interviewed. And I don't know all of the dates. I try to keep my analysis very Hey, Dennis, how are you because to see you. I might be seeing you soon, Dennis. But anyway, I feel like it's very important for the jury to measure how the police misstepped along the way, and that was genius to do that. And there were other things too, like the with the dog. The jury is going to realize Okay, the minute that the body was examined by Buchanic and whomever else was present for whether it was Keith, whoever was present for the autopsy. Look at I mean, look at the wounds. They just shout out animal. They shout out animal injury.
Speaker 2: So I'm not polycarbonate plastic from a tail light exploding, really exploding polycarbonate. Wow.
Speaker 3: I agree. It's unbelievable. And I feel like, you know, the jury's going to see these pictures and go, what tail light? That's why when we're this many days into the trial, because there's there's rumors, and I think I've even I'm not sure. I don't want to misquote him, but I could have sworn. I even heard Aiden Carneye state recently, like the rumor has it they're wrapping up soon. I thought I heard him say it as well. There's so much of a story that the Commonwealth still has to tell, like how did this out? Exactly? How did this happen? Oh wait, this is an important comment here. We have to we have to, we have to read this so.
Speaker 2: They cannot be shouted out. They can now permanent stains. Each one represents another. I've corrupted.
Speaker 3: That's true, but you know that.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the donation, Thank you for your membership to the cab membership club there, and for that really funny commentary. Thank you.
Speaker 3: You know it's while she mentioned staines, I have to mention a fun fact about myself. I worked in a dry cleaners from the time I was fourteen years old until I well after I became a lawyer.
Speaker 2: I worked.
Speaker 3: Yes, I worked all the way through, all the way through high school, all the way through college. Plus I did waitressing all the way through law school, all the way through my judicial clerkship, and then as I after I passed the bar exams and started practicing law, I was still working at the same dry cleaner on the weekends, just part time to help my boss of like fourteen or fifteen years. And on that note, I know how to take almost any stain out of work.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we've had we've had lipstick advice on the show, We've had how to white in your teeth. Let's get how to get stains out of clothing. Man, take it away.
Speaker 3: Trust me, bro, I'll clear the stains out of the Norfolk County real quick.
Speaker 1: But I.
Speaker 3: See what Morrissey's meatball Morrissey's steady stain was doing like there's some stains up there that cannot be shouted out. The shout is not the way to do it. There's better products. For more information, contact me please. I saw that Dennis Sweeney asked, what do I think of the buffer zone? Yeah, buff zone ruling. So I didn't fully read it, but I saw that. I think Jason Grant Public posted it and I was like, ooh, okay. So here's my understanding without having read it, is that the federal court has said this is too oppressive of a buffer zone, and they're kicking it back down to Judge Bev to narrowly tailor a more reasonably restricted buffer zone. And I will not say buffer anymore because you guys all say buffer up there, but a buffer zone up there. Yeah, I say things like ka, I say k I say cottage buffer zone. There's oh, I say stop stop.
Speaker 2: That from the glare. The glare totally made that awesome with his Michael Morrissey impression.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, if he's yeah to listen to the glare, just get into roll. And when he is going through any kind of hunches in and does his his Morrissey's hostage video. I can't like, I cannot keep my composure. But the buffer zone ruling, it's now been remanded down to the lower court level for Judge Bev to take it upon herself to narrowly construe and to reduce the parameters of the buffer zone. With that said, I believe I heard that there's some Hey Boston, Brandy, love you girl. I believe that there's some time constraint that if she doesn't do it within a certain time period, the federal court will do it for her. So this is great news. This is why it's important to challenge decisions that come down from all different types of courts. If you disagree with them or you feel their unconstitutional, appeal them and don't be discouraged if you lose certain level appeals. Just keep going. In my field, which is healthcare law, I often lose at the first and second levels of appeal, but I always win at the third level of appeal. Now that is is a very oversimplified way of stating it. But you just got to keep fighting and this was a great result. But I don't know more than that, Dennis. I'm super excited to see what BEV does and It's very professionally embarrassing, no matter how anyone spends it. It is professionally embarrassing for a judge to be told by a federal court you did this wrong, rubb her nose in it, spank the newspaper on her nose, and say do it better. So I hope her weekend is ruined trying to do that. Ha ha.
Speaker 2: I love the pro hok beach. Do you want to take some quick We have a bunch of questions starred, so I just want to yes, please, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's I've been thinking about this. So what do you think about this? We had a Canton police officer Gallagher on the stand. Why do you think it hasn't been brought up that there was never an accident report for this supposed accident? And wh do you think that was a missed opportunity because I haven't heard anybody talk about it, and I know it would be the local police department, not the Massachusetts State Police because they know they do the roadways and murder investigations and all that stuff. But you had a Canton police officer up in the stand. Why do you think they never asked about that?
Speaker 3: So? I've heard that question often. I think it was a missed opportunity. I truly do. It's not too late, and maybe Karen's team will be alerted to it, but it's not too late for them to ask questions like that. But in some jurisdictions, a police accident report is not a requirement, So I am not sure what the defense team was thinking. I think it would have been very helpful for them to ask that, because it really undermines the fact that the defense excuse me, the commonwealth from all along. They're kind of saying, we knew, we knew this was an accident based on her admissions, Karen's admissions at the scene on that point. On that point, though, in one breath, Buchanic said yesterday that she said she hit him at the scene, and then in the next breath he said she was questioning whether she hit him. So I think he's even conflating and convoluting her alleged versions of events, And that also convolutes and conflicts with what Proctor had said in one point Oh, if everyone remembers in one point Oh, Proctor had said something to the effect of quote, initially, we didn't know what we had because there was all this kind of evidence that was coming out about he looked like John looked like he had gone rounds with Mike Tyson, and that he had looked beaten up. So you had testimony prior testimony from Procter where he was saying, an Ishi, we didn't know what we had. So that conflicts with Buchanick saying, well, based on her admissions at the scene, we knew it was a car accident. I think it was a missed opportunity. However, the absence of a police accident report isn't going to make or break It's not going to make or break the case. It would have just been additional evidence that the defense could show to say you didn't know exactly what was going on at ground zero, and even if you thought you did, you don't get to wrap a case up in a neat and tidy bow from moments after it happened. You need to knock on doors, look at ring videos, ask questions to quester witnesses, make sure you're asking them witnesses go in and check the albert residents, and they didn't do that. I'm hoping the jury understands that with all of that confusion, and the police missteps that that in and of itself is enough to create and foment reasonable doubt. That was a long winded answer to your question, but it would have helped if they went that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let me, uh, you know what we're gonna get to. I'm gonna take a group of questions. I'd like to do them as quick, quick hitters, rapid fire, because there's a lot of them. A lot of people have questions. But I want to thank a couple of people we have. Do we have a new member? Let me see so we have welcome, facts, opinions in real talk. Thank you so much. I'm gonna have to check out your I assume that you have a channel, so thank you very much. Now, I mustay that was very cool of you to join us. I think we're only ninety nine cents a month. We're pretty cheap.
Speaker 3: So I've seen them on Twitter. I think I've seen them. I'm gonna look you up.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I want Yeah, I'm gonna have to look that up too. Let me look at its facts, opinions and real talk, so yes, I will. I would look for you mate. Uh. We also have love a Romi with cheese as nurse Kim likes to call her Hiro. Thank you for being here. Look at this the legend twenty duns. Are you mad? Dennis? Thank you so much, brother, that's very very kind of you. Still got to get you to answer my question. I got to call you. Uh so I can, I can interview you on the phone. So thank you, Dennis. Those very kind of you. Uh So, all right, let me get let me get to the top and see. Uh let's take these again, rapid fire, quick hitters, and forgive me if we were so. I think you already answered this one. Yes, they're gonna call Proctor. Yeah, I think we got to that one from our theay better right, Yeah, this is from the cat lady. Uh and maybe you'd like to read this in some sort of an Irish No, I'm just kidding. Go ahead and read this one, Dan.
Speaker 3: The Commonwealth is also not planning on calling Brian Colin, Albert Higgins, Tully Scordy Bellow. According to TB, I agree with that. Should the defense also call these witnesses as adverse witnesses? I do think yes, I do so. We don't need to prove the third party culprit. It's we want to emphasize reasonable doubt. If we're team Karen Reid, but inviting Brian, not inviting, compelling Brian to Brian Albert and Brian Higgins to the stand. Let them face scrutiny for their conduct, let them fall on their faces that you can't pull punches here. You got to go for it. Colin Albert, I have a little sensitivity in terms of how I answer it, because I'm not one hundred percent sure Judge bev is even going to let them call him to the stand. I know they can't pursue third party culprit and if they're limited in what they can get from him, it might not be worth it to bring them to the stand. I mean, I think he was fully involved in what happened with John m'keeefe. But if they're hands are tied, their hands.
Speaker 1: Are tied, her knuckles.
Speaker 3: Tully needs to come to exactly. Tully needs to come answer questions and Scorty Bellow one hundred percent, she's a medical examiner and she did not give Proctor or Buchanic what they wanted in terms of the manner of death. So they'll be calling her and hopefully she has a little bit of a chip on her shoulder towards the commonwealth that abandoned her. And maybe she'll be a little bit more forthcoming in her medical testimony as to whether or not certain things were reasonably probable as causes of injury.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see, because then they're going to be like then, un Cross, They're going to say, well, last time you said this was your testimony, not this so umm, and this one right here. What does it take to qualify for a witness to become a hostile witness? What are the rules? From miss Jessica and easy armud.
Speaker 3: That's a great question, So that varies jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but generally speaking, to ask the court to label a witness as a hostile witness, you have to have asked that witness several times questions that are perfectly phrased, that are not objectionable, and the witness is just evading the answer. They're just not answering it. So if you're saying, you know, what color was the traffic light when you proceeded through the intersection, and they're saying, oh, the sky is blue and the grass is green, ask them several times. They don't give you the answer to a very reasonable question. You then can make an application to the court to say I need permission to declare this witness as hostile. Nine out of ten judges will and Bev is a huge variable at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted to say also, I've heard several of you attorneys. I just want to stitch back to Colin. Several of you attorneys have said that in putting on a vigorous defense from someone for someone who's supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, she should have allowed calling in and the third party culprit because you have to allow them every opportunity to clear their client and just hope that the prosecution has enough to impeach the test, you know, impeach their cross examination or the facts. But they don't write they should he should have been allowed. According to the attorneys i've heard, I agree.
Speaker 3: I think there was enough for Colin Albert to be considered a third party culprit from the get go. I don't love, in fact, I absolutely hate the fact that Judge Bev did not permit him to be included in the list of three along with Brian Albert and Brian Higgins. And I'll go one step Further, I hate the fact that Judge bev in her written opinion on it actually editorial, the fact that it was a bit of a stretch to have included Colin Albert in the first place. I think there's quite a bit of reasonable probative evidence that would show at a minimum that Colin Albert was involved in a cover up, if not the alleged crime itself. This is more gamesmanship on in my mind. This goes along with that hostage video DJ that you were talking about where you meet Paul Morrissey was going out of his way to say Colin had nothing to do with this, and we now know that there was emails or communications from a person named Julie, whether it was his mother or another Julie, directly to the prosecutor's office to influence the content of that hostage video. In terms of not including or somehow sidelining Colin from involvement, this is wholly improper. So I think Colin, it's a shame Collin's not going to be included in terms of third party culprit. But in light of that ruling, which I believe is reversible error if there has to be an appeal later. But in light of that ruling, I'm still not sure it's a productive use of time for the defense to call him to the stand unless there's something that is really important that they have to prove, and that may very well be tied to Ali McCabe and her involvement and her whereabouts and her whereabouts with him after they left the house. So I kind of I'm going to hold whole decision on whether or not I think he should be called, but they'll call him if they think it's important. I just think they're going to go after the two Brians for now, and especially Brian Higgins, especially him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's a soft target, isn't he. I just want to respond to this one for me from rights on. Once again, I said to you in the chat, no, we do not do politics on cab Ever, I was responding because there was an assertion and we have been corrected that in fact, Yuri's of family hales or he was born in Ukraine and not in Russia, which is I don't care where the guy's from. My whole point was, he's part of this culture. Now. It's like when you join the military and you spend you find yourself and you're like oh my god, I've been in for ten years. You find that the military culture becomes imbued in you. You start to say things and act in a certain way that you wouldn't have acted as a civilian. Well, in fact, the culture of covering for other cops and for whitewashing things and thinking that you're above the law, that you actually can commit crimes as a law enforcement officer or a peace officer, depending on what your astiction you're in, you could be referred to as a peace officer. That this culture is something that is imbued in uri. He is acting in concert like anyone who was born here in America. And let me tell you something, You're going to find few people that love immigrants more than I am a married to one than I do. But he is part of the MSP culture. Forget about what country he's from, whether it's Ukraine, Russia, or any country in the globe. He has decided that he is going to cover for those people that are committing these types of crimes and that that's okay because they're blue and I'm blue. Well, I'll tell you what. Like I've said a dozen and a half times on the show The Seals who dimed out Chief Eddie Gallagher, Chief Petty Officer Eddie Gallagher, the Navy seal who shot and killed that fifteen year old Afghani boy, shot him in the face and executed him. Those guys had seen him do several different acts, and that was the act that culminated that. The seals on his team reported him to the JAG. Not other troops, not RMYSF, not Marine Corps guys, not Air Force combat controllers, not Pj's his own team. So take that, Take that, MSP guys and Canton guys, because you guys are not more together than Navy seal teams. Sorry to sorry to break that to you if I'm the first one.
Speaker 3: Can I just speak to this briefly, DJ. Yeah, I think everyone everybody who looks at the witnesses in this case should focus, in my opinion, should focus on what they're saying and how important it is as to what they're saying or what they're lying about or what doesn't make sense as opposed to who's from a country who got to glow up and got highlights and you know, bronze er on their face, Like I just feel, and maybe it's because because I've been a little bit paid attention to or negatively. As I've been part of this from the sidelines, I think it just be be beneficial for everyone to kind of say it doesn't matter if the guys you're Ukrainian or Russian, or whether someone looks a certain way and let's Lithuanian. Why.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I don't mean to stand on a soapbox when I say that, because, to be honest with you, I have certain opinions that I hold and biases that I hold, as do everyone on certain things, and I just keep them to myself. That's how I comport myself. But I like the fact that you don't put politics on cabs.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, because you know where everybody is entitled to their political opinion. Politics frankly drives us apart as Americans. I just had to say that because I'm part of the reunion committee from my high school and one of the members of the committee got too politically charged DMS. So I put out something to the entire group that's coming. You know, please leave your politics at home, bring your henhood, sale or pride to the event, and leave your politics either at the hotel room or at your house.
Speaker 3: No, I will mention. Though on this point, I think it was really sleazy for Brennan to be even asking Buchanic about his history and where you're from, and you know, he's trying to pluck at the heartstrings of tell us your sob story and oh you were in the military, and look, all of that is wonderful history for someone if they've emigrated to this country, if they have military service. Do not get me wrong, folks. But at the same time, who the fuck cares what did you do at the crime scene? I apologize for using profanity.
Speaker 2: I never this topic. Does it to you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like, what did you do with the crime scene? Who did you not interview? What missteps were made? Why are we wasting your taxpayer dollars? Like, that's the stuff that's important. So when I hear lawyers try to conjure up these kind of artificial, artificially harvested sentiments from a jury by telling someone or bringing forth testimony about someone's history like that, it gives me the ick. I'm like, oh, God, Like, I don't even do that. I don't. I think it's just bush league, as I call it.
Speaker 2: There's one segment of society, one group in all of American society that can remove you from your freedom at will and then just have to demonstrate after the fact that it was warranted and that was our police officer. So when they are not comporting themselves ethically and honestly, and are in fact lying and framing and planting evidence, that's a big problem. And that's the big problem with Uri is that he is part of that group that can remove you from your freedom. We just had Brandy had a scare at the courthouse the other day for saying peekaboo like absurd. So that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Call me Brandy on that. I want to chat with you about that if you want. If you want buzz we have.
Speaker 2: It looks like we got another Oh this is from Terry. This one just thank you Terry Sue for saying that.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I appreciate that. Like I love everybody, and when I took about a week off from streaming, I missed everybody, and I really try to recognize handles and use her names. And thanks to everybody who reached out to me. Love you too, Terry Sue.
Speaker 2: Here's another one. Uh Nan, Can they ask Uri, are are you aware of why Proctor is no longer I think she means with MSP and try to get the text in that way a couple of words missing. But I think can they ask Procter? Why can they ask Uri? Why Proctor is no longer with MSP.
Speaker 3: So they can ask him? You know you are you aware he's no longer with the MSP. Whether BEV will allow that is beyond me. I mean, she sustains so many of the Commonwealth objections. The texts are coming in. The texts are in evidence, at least the ones right now between the police, you know, Proctor and Buchanic, and I think Fanning was on the chain as well, those have I believe come into evidence. It's the ones right now involving the friends, the really sleazy ones where he degraded an objectified Karen, that are fair game right now as to how they come in. So I think it's sometimes risky to ask too many questions of a witness about an individual if you're trying to prove a point, because they've already I believe asked Buchanic, like I'm paraphrasing, but like what did you think of him? And he said he has integrity, The investigation was conducted with integrity, like if you ask it too much, you're then diluting the impact of what you already got out of him. So if I were the defense, I wouldn't touch it anymore with Buchanic as to what he thinks of Proctor, I would want to argue in closing arguments and can you believe his superior you're a Buchanic sat in front of you and said that this investigation was conducted with integrity. This investigator comported himself professionally and properly and with integrity. But as you saw, these were messages sent and this is what happened in terms of reports with wrong times, and there was this and that going on. So sometimes it's best not to really ask all the questions we want to ask, because you don't know what you're gonna get. Plus, I'll bet my law licenses that Buchanic is prepping all weekend with Brennan again, which is improper, but I know it's happening.
Speaker 2: Because they don't have any ethics whatever, whatever they're not supposed to do, they're going to do. Yep. And thank you very much, Laurie Ross for that fiver. I really appreciate that was very kind of you.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what I'm going to do, guys for the rest of for your stream tonight, if anyone is interested, I'm going to chat match. So for anyone who throws a super chat, I will match that when when it's all reconciled through the YouTube reporting, I'm going to chat match to the Karen Reid Defense Fund.
Speaker 2: So sorry, I was going to say thank you, Nan Gallagher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay if you want.
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am And just for everybody, at the top of the screen pins at the top of the chat is the Karen Reid Defense Fund for you to donate if you are so inclined, and please Misscalagher take it away, all right?
Speaker 3: Can Brian Higgins and Brian Albert's phone records get admitted without calling them as witness new That way they can show the calls between them at two twenty am or answered, not butt dials.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the answer to that is no. They have to be authenticated. And unless they're going to call an individual from like Verizon for example, that could authenticate phone records, you can't get their phone records in. But I will say this, you want them to testify about the butt dials like their testimony is so unbelievable on the subject. I want the jury to see that nobody butt dials that much, and all answers butt dials, butt answers and all in that little truncated window of time, Like they're the most talkative people between like two am and five am, Like whether it's and by talkative, I mean active, whether they're butt dialing, whether they're butt hanging up, but answering. Apple Health data is showing Jen McCabe was up all night. We want these people to have to explain themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean people guys do not leave parties say goodbye and then go and text that person at two something in the morning. They don't do that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, And did you guys see I only saw a fleeting comment about it, not on your stream. Did you see that Aiden Carney made a comment about Brian Higgins's apparel? Did you hear that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, So everyone should always know this about me. I don't read everything. I read just enough to understand, and then I promised myself I'll find time later, and then I don't. But I believe there was a comment that came out of Turtle Boys tweets yesterday that said something to the effect of everybody pay attention to what Brian Higgins is wearing in the waterfall video versus thereafter. So I have a feeling the video of the sally Port vicinity that was kind of more recently produced is going to show him wearing a different shirt. Now, I don't mean to be a conspiracy theorist when it comes to talking about stuff like that, but maybe everyone should pay attention to that. I don't know, Well, what if.
Speaker 2: He was wearing a different shirt, what would that indicate to You.
Speaker 3: Could possibly and I didn't see the video, so it was snowing, maybe he had a jacket on or something. But if he had a different shirt or different sweatshirt just a few hours after having left the waterfall, it could indicate that maybe they're was bloodborne packagens on his shirt from some type of scuffle or kerfuffle that took place at the Albert residence at thirty four Fairview. Why would you change I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he had, if he has a fireplace, I would think that's where that article of clothing ended up maybe, which which again, if you had a forensic team in there, they would they would figure that out, you know. I mean, I know that guy from duty ron Ed said, you know, he would have found the blood one hundred percent he would have found the blood in the basement. I'm sure he would have found the blood there.
Speaker 3: And don't forget too.
Speaker 1: In the text messages that were red Friday, Brian Higgins says that he sometimes sleeps at the Canton Police Department. He has an office there and alluded to have he's slept there before, so he doesn't always have to drive home, So just keep that in mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's a total loser. He needs to get a life. If you're if you find that you got to sleep at the Canton in your little satellite office, and you have no game with texting Karen Reid, who was clearly just checking her market value, and you know you go home at night and eat your Swanson Hungry Man dinners. Brian Higgins, you are a total loser. And that is why I donated yesterday to the Karen Reid defense Fund. So maybe someone can buy you some game. Oh anyway, all right, what have we got, oh, Lena? Should we worry about the Commonwealth motion regarding the ring video? Do never apologize for a questions?
Speaker 2: We're here we're here for it.
Speaker 3: Should we worry about it? We're not worrying about anything, Elena. I know right now that the ring video or whatever's in that motion, which I haven't fully read it, it's nothing to worry about. There is enough probative evidence if it can be clearly explained to the jury that there was ring video. It was notated by I think it was de Chico. I'm not sure. Some officer noted the presence of video in a certain window of time that's no longer there. And it appears that Procter had access and means an opportunity to the ring video over a period of time to discard it. That is a reasonable inference that I'd like to see the defense make. That's where I'm going to focus my attention, and I'm not going to worry about any motion that the Commonwealth files in that regard. But yet again, it's just opportunity after opportunity for the defense, excuse me, for the Commonwealth to try to knock out all of Karen's reasonable defenses to protect her due process rights to get herself a fair trial, because she's sure as hell isn't getting one from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Uh, and we should clarify ring video. I believe the you mean from John's house, I do, okay, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: What it's go And the one that's conveniently missing is her coming home from thirty four fairvuear, which would show the taillight is intact. So let them dig it up.
Speaker 3: I say, do it, do it?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 3: I agree. I love when you say it. Do it like we want it. And if you've ever noticed when when when AJ has been interviewed, he's always saying things like, yeah, no objection, we want it, we wanted to come in. They're not hiding anything. The only thing that the defense really put up a fight for was Karen's protected privileged communications between her and her attorneys that should have never been asked for. I have lost any modicum of respect that I had for Brennan, which was minimal at best to begin with when he asked for it. But everything else, Karen and her team are like, We're an open book. Just ask for it, Come at me, you know, do it, so to speak. So I'm not worried about any of that.
Speaker 2: Is his behavior consistent with that of an defense that he's acting in the role of a defense attorney, a little bit.
Speaker 3: I hear people saying he's kind of acting like a defense attorney. Yeah, I mean he's trying to knock out things that are being used as swords against his quote client, which is the Commonwealth and the Mcalberts and the police and the Massachusetts State Police. So in that respect, he is. But I and I heard another lawyer on another stream today kind of say, defense attorneys or salesmen. Defense criminal attorneys or salesman, we have to sell certain things to a jury. I disagree with that, and I want to point this out because while Brennan is a defense attorney and he's serving as a special appointed prosecutor, and he's acting a lot like a defense attorney for the reasons I just described defense criminal defense attorneys who comport themselves ethically and with skill. We're not salesmen. We are strict proponents of justice. There's a big difference. You know, Karen will never be declared innocent. At best, She's going to be declared not guilty, and that basically means that the Commonwealth did not prove or satisfy it's burden to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime or these different layers of crime were committed, so she's never going to be named as an innocent person. And I feel like people like Brennan who are wearing on one side of their head the prosecutor cap. On the other side of their head, they're wearing the defense attorney cap. You know what he should be doing. He should be staunchly standing up for the principal of the United States Constitution and give her the fair trial. Present all of the evidence fairly, don't hide it, don't hide metadata, make excuses, don't do any of that. Give her, not the Commonwealth, her the constitutional right to a fair trial that she's entitled to. So, yeah, I guess he's acting like one. I frankly think he's acting like a jerk, and I don't like listening to him anymore. I miss Lally.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, but it just it seems like if you're given the case that he has, with a bunch of planted, manipulated evidence, liars, criminals that are acting in the role of police officers, he's probably playing the only card that he has. And you guys have so many questions here, we've got don't get to let me get to this last one. They are gonna. I Nan does think that she's going to call Higgins. So you can answer that one quickly. This one says, I was so depressed today listening to Sean and the Young Jerks. She's probably talking about Sean McDonough. I didn't know who was it. Sean.
Speaker 3: There was an attorney. I think his name was Sean Martin. He was a guest on the Young Jerks today.
Speaker 2: Okay, talk about I'm sorry, good No.
Speaker 3: He expressed some doubts that Karen will win this trial.
Speaker 2: I mean, to me, the one card that they have to play after like, because if they keep presenting reasonable doubt in this manner, I think they're going to pile up, as Mark likes to say, your colleague, Mark betro a mountain of reasonable doubt. But I think the final card they have to play. And I'll ask you too if you think they will play that card is to try to influence the jury, and I mean the Alberts or their proxies trying to influence the jury and scare the jury. Do you think that that card is that's their last card? That's your thoughts on that, Nan and Bea.
Speaker 3: I think they're going to I think they're going to try to do that, and if the defense was smart, they'll get out ahead of it and say this is not to take place anymore. You know, they're not allowed to sit in for closing arguments. And as far as influencing the jury, you know, the bingo balls and deciding whose alternates are not that has to be clearly observed, monitored, audited, supervised as best as possible. I think this is where having the addition of Attorney Victoria George will be vital to them, just in terms of, you know, she doesn't seem to be robustly substantively involved at a public level, but just keeping eyes on the process and making sure that there is integrity in how how these jurors are kept away from public or Mcalbert influence. It's just there's a lot of an honor code here. You know. The defense has done everything they can to try to say there's been governmental misconduct of an extraordinary nature in how this jury one point zero was handled or mishandled. I have a feeling it's not going to happen again because all eyes are on it. So those are my thoughts. I don't know what you think bea well, wasn't.
Speaker 1: There emotion that the defense had filed to keep them out of closing arguments that they lost. So I think the defense was kind of thinking ahead to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, to that.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, I think if they I think the o'keefes are going to want them there to intimidate the jury, and I think that is I do agree that is probably their final, you know, try at it. But I think the defense did get that motion denied, and so I do think that they tried. But so I think they're going to come back again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's really sleazy. I think it was sleazy when they came in theiring closing arguments in the first place.
Speaker 2: I think, right, well, to me, I'm the way I'm looking at it, you know, based on some let's just say, some oral testimony that we took about Marty Kraft showing up at a certain event and then doing something that was quite scary to people that were protesting. Karen Reid. I won't get into the details of it, but that's something that is alleged to have happened. Although I don't I'm not a first persason witness, I have somebody that believes that that's what they saw happening, So I wouldn't I wouldn't rule out them showing up in a parking lot, showing up at a kid's school or event and just staring at the person. I mean, there's not much you need to do when you look like one of those guys, when you look like an Albert or a Proctor and showing up there. So I think that's a play that they would make, in my personal opinion saying that that happens.
Speaker 3: I hope it doesn't, but I agree.
Speaker 2: I want to thank Carla FKR for gifting ten calling all the Beings memberships. That was so kind of you. And this is our mott aka the cat Lady. Thank you so much for twenty cab memberships. Now must day. I must stay my friend. We're so lucky to have you. And this right here, Oh, here's from Susie CJ. Okay, this is you, Nan.
Speaker 3: I can't understand who to have a negative word to say about our beloved Nan. Oh, you are loved and admired. Hope you have a happy Mother's Day. Agreed, thank you, that's all hard. Thanks so much, Susie CJ. I also want to you reminding me I want to wish everybody a happy Mother's Day tomorrow, including the non mothers and those who have mothers, which is everybody, or those who have lost their mothers. I've lost mine and I miss her, and if she were alive, she'd be all over this trial. So I just want to wish everyone a happy Mother's Day, take time to reflect and share love and just relax tomorrow. And you know it only comes but once a year where you're forced to think about how wonderful your mom is. And I'm going to force my kids to do it with me.
Speaker 2: I was going to say dog moms too, but I was going to tell you that I interviewed a brilliant broadcaster on the other Cab show and her name is that's the one where we do UFO's big Foot Paranormal. And this woman is named Meredith for Real. She has a great podcast. She's from Pensacola, and she's I said, are you a mom? She goes, well, I'm a plant mom, and I just I almost I almost fell off my chair. What you call this plant?
Speaker 3: I kill plants. I killed plants and fish. I don't kill kids, though.
Speaker 2: So that's good, that's very positive that I'll keep you out of Court.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: This is anti be Kangaroo Court three ring circus. Oh boy, never heard a more accurate description of Auntie Bev and her fiefdom. Man, what question would you want Alan to ask that he hasn't already asked?
Speaker 3: Okay, by the way, every time I hear Uri, I think of the movie No Way Out. Do you remember No Way Out with Kevin Costner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if I saw that one anyone, but I know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you haven't seen No Way Out, it's like from the eighties with Kevin Costner, Sean Young, the late Gene Hackman. It's fantastic, and the lead character is named Yuri and there are some parallels there. That's all I'm going to say. But anyway, what question would I ask? I think a key question that has to come up is about the invert the presentation of the inverted video. That I don't know how I would ask it, because I don't know how the evidence is going to be permitted to come in or what BEV will allow. But I think that BEV has to allow some questioning about the presentation of an inverted video during one point zero, and I would want to know from Uri Buchanic, you know you gave prior testimony at a prior proceeding concerning a video in the sally Port. Is that correct? Correct? And that you testified that that was a true and accurate depiction of the scene and circumstances involving the Sallyport? Is that correct? Yeah? Okay, but what you actually presented was an inverted video, but you tried to let a jury know that it was fair and accurate. Can you explain that? And he'll give his answer. But it really doesn't even matter what Buchanic answers. The key is in the questions. If you notice, half the time when BEV sustains the Commonwealth subjections, AJ doesn't care because he got the question out. So hopefully the jury's picking up on this stuff.
Speaker 1: And there's no way that they can show because the Commonwealth didn't show it, they're the incorrect in the inverted video because it didn't come from the Commonwealth.
Speaker 3: Right, That's what I believe to be true. I wouldn't be surprised if the defense wants to try to present the inverted video somehow. I don't think BEV will allow it. So I don't let myself go down that rabbit hole too often. But I would try. I would try to show the jury both videos. I just don't think Bev's going to allow it.
Speaker 2: The other thing that's problematic is that she allows non answers. She allows them to answer the question. Brother counsel, your colleague and that you were on with previously said that you have to at least what he says. I don't know what y'all y'all's rules are, but he said you have to answer the question I ask. You can't just answer what you want.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's it's an art, by the way, and it's very important for trial lawyers to listen to the answers that's not easily done, and to be able to bob and weave based on the information you're given. Like I don't think AJ was expecting Buchanic to completely not admit eventually that Proctor was the lead investigator. Like AJ was like, wait, you're can you just admit he was the lead investigator? And Buchanic would not go there. So what did he do? He went to Plan B and he's like, I am going to show you this binder and we are going to go tab by tab, page by page in excruciating detail as to every single who signed, yeah, subpoena, warrant, anything, report that Proctor signed. And this is where Buchanic lost so much additional credibility when he's like, well, you know this isn't signed. If you show me an authentic copy, I'll be able to tell you if that was Proctor. And then he says he doesn't recognize if Procter's handwriting is on evidence bag. This is this is not going well. Not going well.
Speaker 2: Such a garbage person. Thank you Anti Bev's Kangaroo Court for your VENTI sinko, your twenty five dollars. Thank you so much. It's very kind of you. And the next one is from Boston Branda, thank you very much for our mud.
Speaker 3: I love her, I do.
Speaker 2: She is awesome. Andy.
Speaker 3: You you love all the way. You you don't know how to love halfway. You are a special person. So is b by the way, and you are too, DJ But thank you uch a special place in my heart for those two.
Speaker 2: Thank you as you should, as you should. Jim's honesty nine dollars and ninety nine cents, Thank you very much, mate, I appreciate that. And Nan will read this with her dulcatone.
Speaker 3: Voice dulcetone shit, I don't even know that word, all right, and I was very much major. Oh okay, hi Nan. Can the defense use the Canton audit to show police protocol if they call proctor, he needs to be last to leave that house impression on the jurors. There might be a spelling error here, but anyway, yes, they should be able to use the Canton audit. I don't know if BEV is going to allow it. That's always the variable here. But the police audit that came out from I forget the name of the group that did it, that it came out last month, that audit is it's relevant. I think it's favorable. As many people think, oh my god, it's not a good audit for the defense, I think it's a great audit for the defense. They went down different channels where they were saying, oh, there was no evidence tampering, etc. But none of those findings are real findings. They weren't even charged to look into evidence tampering. That audit shows on a very superficial accreditation type of level that there was lack of equipment, lack of proper protocols followed in terms of photographing the scene in interviewing witnesses. So I think they should use that to cross examine Proctor. But even if they don't, there's a way to do it effectively. You're seeing it with Buchanic, you saw it a little bit with the other Gallagher, And if it doesn't come in, they'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and they also so yes it was five stones, thank you to that. Yes, But so who would they bring that in through? Would it need to be a police officer like what?
Speaker 3: So if they want to bring in the five stone five stones audit, they'd have to the defense has to name and make an application to name them as a witness to go over some of their findings to authentic kate the document. This is why I don't think it's coming in. I think it should come in, but I don't think it is coming in. But you don't need it to come in before a jury to be able to use it to question a jury, not jury, excuse me a witness. So if you if you want to question a witness and you want to say to them, okay, well do you feel that there was a properly uh, you were properly equipped to handle this crime scene in the in the oncoming hours of a blizzard, like you can ask those questions without saying and here's an audit report. It takes a little level of sophistication in terms of how you're laying out the questions.
Speaker 1: But Helena's on the yeah, and Helena's on the witness list, so she would probably be a good one.
Speaker 3: And this is why, and I see you have someone there saying this is then Easter should be able to come in. He should have never been denied. Michael, Easter should have been admitted as a police protocol expert or an FBI protocol investigative expert to support the boat in defense. That was that is reversible error. But they're doing okay. The defense, in my opinion, is doing okay without them right now.
Speaker 2: Reversible error. So before I get so, Mark, first of all, I just want to thank you for your nine to ninety nine donation. Mark is also an I went to my alma mater, Dean College, donating cause. Nan is matching how we all doing tonight. What's up, brother, We're doing good. Keep showing up. What changes when the defense has to call these comebacks as supposed to spanking? She got to that earlier, but basically the way the questions are asked. So Nan will finish the point that you were going to make, and then we'll get to this one.
Speaker 3: I don't remember what point I was making.
Speaker 2: It was from the chat it.
Speaker 3: Oh Easter Michael Easter.
Speaker 2: Yes, with vod in defense. Yeah, well you talked about that there could be redress or remedy. Does that mean appeal or what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Essentially, so, the failure of Judge Bev to allow Michael Easter in as an expert to support a Boden defense where the defense wants to be able to show this was an investigative disaster, that there were police missteps. Not allowing an expert to come in to support those opinions, in my opinion, is reversible error. So if Karen is convicted, that is one decision among many that should be included in her appeal.
Speaker 2: Among many, among many many not yet not allowing her, not allowing the pro hoc feature of Mark Better, I don't know if that's something you can name. But not allowing her the maximum ability to defend herself against the commonwealth charges, so against her presumption of innocence. Yeah, for a.
Speaker 3: Good roadmap of her appellate issues, but not an all inclusive list. One should look at her motion to dismiss the charges for extraordinary prosecutorial misconduct. That is a great roadmap for appellate issues that have already arisen. Now that motion was denied, and that is not an all inclusive list of why she has appellate rights and likely would be successful on an appeal if she's convicted, because there's other decisions that were made, like barring Michael Easter or permitting other witnesses for the Commonwealth to testify on things that they're clearly not qualified to testify on. So I mean, it's a very long list, but the most salient and strong appellate arguments are in that motion to dismiss. And thank you Mark for your DONO. I did answer that, but if you want to reach out, like, I'm happy to answer that again for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just just real, real, briefly, basically, it gets to the way that you ask questions. You know, it's that what is that phrase that Lally used over.
Speaker 3: What if any? What if any anything?
Speaker 2: And then they have the latitude to expound upon that. It's not asking yes or it's not the Kurt yes or no. Kind of way you can frame up questions. They have the ladder latitude to pontificate a bit on your questions. Is that fair? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You should go to law school, DJ, you know.
Speaker 2: No, you know, maybe I should. I got a full time job. Thank you La Kitty for becoming a member. Appreciate you, mate. And here's our friend from the Bronx. Hey, I just got back. Who's messing with nan? Oh see she wants already beat Somebody's.
Speaker 3: A few people. You know what is I will say this, I can hold my own with trolls. It's not all trolls, that's all I'll say, Pepper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that is more of a conversation for offline. But unfortunately there are jealousies and all kinds of things that happen that really don't need to happen when we're dealing with something that's this serious. Yeah, So meet Paul Marcy Nan. I like to call myself the Doctor Kavorkian of plants. Please come into my house for assistance. I love it's so funny. Oh my god, it's so funny. I love your personality totally totally. All right, we're getting clothes, We're we're really at the time for NaN's closing arguments. As she's doing that, I know, we go about an hour and a half and we start we start shutting the store down. But I want to put some of these up in here. Uh that is one hundred percent correct. You cannot will not find a realer and more amazing person in this movement. I've encountered and my co host here has met a lot more people, Sabilla, have you met?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: And the thing is she's she's boots on the ground, she's in the courtroom, she's and everywhere she says she's gonna be, that's where she's at.
Speaker 3: And I'll leave it to Oh my god, you guys are gonna be a woman of her word.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's one. So I'm gonna keep going through this. But but while we're doing that to see if there's something we got to get to. It looks like we got another donu we're gonna have to get to and once obviously, you guys know YouTube takes thirty percent of these. But I will tabulate and donate these two Karen Reid's Defense Fund when they bestow that upon us, which is around the end of each month. If I'm not yes, so we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna you and I will talk offline. There's a there's a way to do it. I love doing chat matches though, because it's a way to help. In my opinion, this is what I'm comfortable doing. I know some lawyers who come on streams don't like to do this, and I respect that as well. But I love to make people feel like they're doubling their money. They give what they can, they feel generous, and you don't have to give give of yourself. Put something out on social media, Come come do a standout. Tell five friends about the Karen Reid case. Like my son who's ten, tells people all the time about this. I think the people in our town think I'm absolutely bad, shit crazy. But the point is, keep showing up doesn't mean opening your wallet. It means opening your heart and opening your heart for Karen and for justice and against what's going on in Massachusetts. Because if it can happen there, and it can happen to her, it can happen to you or your loved ones. So I love to make people feel inspired. And if they think, Okay, I made a five dollars or one dollar, dono, well you just doubled it. And it's going to go to the Karen Reid Fund. So I'll work it out with DJ and BIA.
Speaker 1: It all adds up for.
Speaker 2: Sure, It most certainly does. Let's see if they want to bring Easter given URI's testimony, since it's evidentiary, could it be an interlocatory appeal?
Speaker 3: Okay, great questions. So if they want to bring if they want to ask to bring in Easter given his testimony, I don't think it could be an interlocatory appeal, which is an appeal filed in the midst of a trial or in the midst of a proceeding, meaning a case leading up to a trial. But I have heard buzz about this. I have heard people say in light of Yuri's testimony, there's been enough stated from him as far as police missteps and investigative missteps, that there should be a renewed motion to permit Easter to testify. I do believe there should be a renewed motion to have the judge reconsider her decision to bar Michael Easter. She's going to deny that, so nobody get their hopes up. It will, in my opinion, not trigger an immediate right to an interlocatory appeal. I see it as a post trial appellate issue. That's my opinion. Different lawyers might disagree on.
Speaker 2: That, And that's because and explain interlocatory appeals basically during the trial.
Speaker 3: Essentially, Yeah, like it's got to be real serious, and that's it's the Easter issue. Isn't really serious. It is important, But an interlocatory appeal in the midst of an ongoing criminal trial, when a jury has been impaneled and they've been sworn and jeopardy has attached, it's the likelihood that an appeal could be filed on an interlocatory meaning in the midst type of basis for relief is so low that I wouldn't I wouldn't waste time or breath on it.
Speaker 2: And the money, Yeah, it would be more. It would be sort of more damaging to Karen from a financial perspective to have to hold everything up, pay the lawyer, get the appellate lawyer probably to go and present this case, and then how long until they hear it. Yeah, it would piss bev off big time.
Speaker 3: I don't think mechanically it could happen, guys, because you've got a jury waiting, Like, it's just not it's not going to happen. But also, like I said, I think the defense is doing just fine without him. I don't think he's necessary. They have his report, they can still use him as a consultant. So I mean, I serve as a consultant on different trials. People call me all the time and say, we're not calling you as a witness, but what do you think of this? Or can you do this or this with these witnesses for us? So they can still rely upon Michael Easter without putting Michael Easter before a jury, And that is where I think their time and money and resources are better served.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Audrey Sova for the five dollars. That was very kind of you. I don't but it's completely improper for her not to be able to show from a professional investigator how shoddy this investigation was. And it seems like Bev is portraying this as as poisoning the jury or.
Speaker 3: How am I You're saying it's.
Speaker 2: Just prejudice, you got it, Yeah, prejudicing the jury towards the prosecution. But that's what the defense's job is is to impeach the prosecution's case and show how what they did was improper, was faulty was maybe conspiratorial if if, if they wanted to go So, I don't like she's depriving Karen of her right to bring in someone say say, yes, this is all the areas where their investigation was flawed. I don't see how on what ground she could deny that.
Speaker 3: I agree. I'm sorry to interrupt you, DJ because her decision Judge Bed's decision to bar a police investigative expert. I know he's an FBI guy. I do think they probably should have gotten a police expert as opposed to FBI that could have made or made or broke whether or not she granted the motion, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Retired state trooper detective from another state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in fact, I know some. I know some because I've engaged some on some police matters that I did back in the day. But with that said, I feel very strongly that she made absolutely a bad ruling by barring him. Most jurisdictions in the nation permit the admission of an expert to come in to support a boden defense where there is and the defense wants to show police missteps. Investigator right, So she seems to think, oh, that would prejudice the Commonwealth or somehow taint the jury against the Commonwealth. If only one side, meaning the defense, brings in an expert, either side is able to have experts of their choosing. If you saw, like, if you know, Commonwealth has a stupid weather expert who you know, the at least the original plan was for him to say the ground was hard as a rock. Do we have a defense weather expert? No, because they don't give a shit. You know, I feel like it's it's absolutely the Commonwealth's choice. They couldn't. Not only could they have contacted Arca and used Arka, but they put their blinders on and ignored Arca. They could have tried and tried to hire police experts to defend the absolutely abysmal investigative conduct of the Canton p D and the Massachusetts State's Police State Police. They didn't do that. They could have on do you know where they spent their time, folks, let's recap. They spent their time and their money ignoring Arca and ignoring getting a police expert. They decided to hire Sir Ian Wiffen, who completely just eviscerated on the stand the other day in front of Alessi or Jessica Hyde, and why did they do that. They put both of these people who made horrible concessions for the Commonwealth that completely benefited the defense. They put these people on because their testimony is the only testimony that could have tried to refute the two twenty seven am call and some of the whereabouts and quote steps. Yes, he get the Apple health data, you know, talk about Apple source code. These are the types of people that the Commonwealth wants you to trust them.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: So okay, but the judge should have allowed Michael Easter in and they didn't. So here we are. But either way, I'm giving the defense team. You guys are getting an a minus thus far from Nan Gallagher in terms of I think it's been thirteen days of trial, things are looking great, and you haven't even rolled your sleeves up and put on your case. Yeah, it's the same going to give you always got to give people an a minus, otherwise they rest on their laurel much much better. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Thank you very much, gabble Guide for the nine to ninety nine Thank you for the coverage and inside free Care and read Free Turtleboy one hundred and we're with you on that. Uh, this is crochet Crime thirty. Thank you for sharing your wisdom. Nan, Always love how cordial you are with all. Yeah, that's Nan Gallagher. That's that's her off air when you're talking to her. Is what exactly what you see here. That's what happens when we speak with her off air.
Speaker 3: So that's true. I was raised right my mama me, My mama told me to always be nice. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Uh, Nan, don't know the ghost of Brian Higgins sim Card somewhere in a in a dump somewhere in Greater Massachusetts area. Don't knock the meteorologist. Not only did he do a bang up job for the defense, he also taught us the origin of wind chill. Oh fair pace, thank you so much. Yeah, that temperature and due point and the wind speed thing is just it's uh, it's very hard for the mind to grasp something. We love that.
Speaker 3: I agree, But you know what, if I were a juror, I would be like, why are you telling me this stuff? Like why am I listening to a meteorologist? But you're right, ghost of Brian Higgins Simcard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the uh yeah, I mean, once they see that injury, they're gonna have to square that injury. On the back of his head with with what the frozen ground theory. If they if they can even prove that it's a that is frozen ground, that is going to be a very very difficult Oh here's another one from Boston, Branda. It's going to be very difficult for them to to prove that there is something.
Speaker 3: I would want to mention. I know you want to You're going to be coming to a close and I'm trying to answer this question in more moment. There was something that popped up yesterday about uh Buchanic claiming that Karen stated that John hit his head two days before accident or sustain some type of head injury. I don't remember what the words were. People are buzzing about it. What's going on? What do you mean she said he hit his head two days before. I don't know, but it is my current working theory that that injury, alleged injury two days before is going to tie into the Commonwealth's neurosurgeon experts findings. He's the neurosurgeon for the Commonwealth who is replacing Scorty Bellow. I don't think he's qualified to he's not a forensic pathologist. But they found someone not the medical examiner, who's supporting their findings. And I have a feeling that a hit or impact two days prior to the event in question on the head is somehow going to tie into the neurosurgeon's findings. So if I'm right, folks, and I don't see these reports, If I'm right, you got to buy me a coke.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 3: And I think there was a question from people in court that I missed when I went off on that tangent.
Speaker 2: So i'll do guys, it was, but I'll go back. Yeah, I'll go back up to that. I'll try to find that one.
Speaker 3: If I missed it, people in court, you can always just reach out to me on Twitter or Facebook.
Speaker 2: It might have been about Jen mccabs people in court. Is not this one? Right? I think it might have been about Jen McCabe's health data.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh yeah, here it is. Why did they not ask about Jen's Apple health data and about her being up all night? I agreed that I don't know, and I think that was a missed opportunity. But the net grade that she gets on her testimony, she gets an F minus. She did so poorly that I don't care. I don't care that they didn't ask her so.
Speaker 1: And hopefully they picked up on the fake apologies because Jackson called her out on them.
Speaker 3: I think that was great, and he was trying to jab her a little bit, and I think it was that those are good little dramatic moments that the jury will pick up on. Can I explain the buffer zone ruling suit?
Speaker 1: TI?
Speaker 3: I didn't read it, but I did talk about it earlier. It looks like the federal court wants Judge Bev to reduce the breath and scope that the wid and geographic diameter of the buffer zone, and they're giving Judge Bev a certain timeframe in which to do so.
Speaker 2: Another quickit hit her here, among many things, how problemmatic is it for Higgins to have said he didn't see John o'keef because of the snowbank when he left, but the weather witness said there was only enough snow to track a cat.
Speaker 3: Well, Richard Johnson, I think you know the answer to that. Your answer to your question is in your question. He lied. So I think that's a good tip for AJ to, Thanks, Miss Lynn. I think that's a good tip for AJ to kind of go at him. Sometimes it's best not to call experts because they will provide you with testimony that you don't want. And wasn't it great? Did you all see Jessica Hyde apologize Brenn in the other day for having to concede about the failure to put the phone in a Faraday bag. Love it this stuff. This trial is the gift that keeps on giving.
Speaker 2: Right now to me, the biggest witness, to me, the most important witness in the trial. There's two things I think. One of them is to show the defenses uncut, unedited video of Karen backing out tapping John's car and then when she hits the brake lights and comes to a stop, showing that video unfettered the way that because this is what Olivia told us, unfettered in the way that Lally showed it last time. So for the devents to show their video so they can just see it at speed, then they can see it slow mo, they can see the red light. And then Officer Nicholas Barrows. Because if you believe Officer Nicholas Burrows, the case is over.
Speaker 3: Oh I agree, it is over. And all of your audience, if you're not sorry, I'm glitching. If you're not following Olivia Olivia Lambeau, who's known on I think she's known on YouTube as Olivia Nile. But if you're not following her, it's a huge missed opportunity. She She's one of several key people who the ones to watch, and the way she delves through data and analysis is just spot on. I learn a lot from her and I'm in awe of her every day when I read her posts.
Speaker 2: But now, if you could speak to Nicholas Barrows and the gravity of the lack of photos of the vehicle as it's set there, which I think would violate any police protocol that any of us lay persons have ever heard of, and then the fact that he says that if he can establish that the photo they're showing does not match up with what he saw, then the only thing Hank's left with is whatever dirt that Marty Kraft has dug up on Nicholas Barrows and that they can attack his character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nicholas Burrows is really he seems to be an honorable an honorable cop. There are not many in this storyline, and frankly, I wonder if there are many in that geographic zone. But what I will tell you is that Nicholas Borrow seems to be one of very few people who had first hand observation of the condition of the tail light at the time that the vehicle was procured from the parents home and put on the tow truck. I don't know what the tow truck driver is going to say. Either way, I don't know why anyone didn't photograph this, even if that car worke.
Speaker 2: Yes, you do, yes, you do know? Why why didn't they photograph it?
Speaker 1: Nan?
Speaker 2: But people like, but why didn't they photograph it? Because they could?
Speaker 3: Karen, Well, I agree, but the tow truck driver.
Speaker 2: Come well, I'm not talking about the tow truck driver. I wanted state police metadata photos and you know why they didn't take those photos that I know, But the.
Speaker 3: Tow truck driver sorry bee, go ahead, no, no, no, go ahead. Like the tow truck driver, I don't really know fully what Nicholas borrows specific role was at that specific time. Maybe I could give him a pass for not taking a picture. But the tow truck driver, I mean, I got my car towed and it was it exploded on the side of a highway a few years back. I'll send you pictures. It's pretty amazing. But anyway, the tow truck driver took pictures right away because just for it's a bailment. You know, this is the condition of your car when you give it to me.
Speaker 2: Can I present this scenario for you?
Speaker 3: I would love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if two troopers want your tow truck driver who may have a record of who knows what, and two troopers walk up and say, you're not going to take photos of this car, you can take photos of the car. No, there you go. But you know all these things, so all these things are very easily answered. The troopers didn't take photos because they need they needed to not have present any evidence to the defense that could act Skullpate Karen and the tow truck driver. If they told him you're not taking pictures of the car, he would have not have said do you understand that? Yes, I understand that these guys are not you know, talk about how they came in Brandy the other day. These guys, these guys come at you with an authoritative posture, especially if they're a state trooper, more so even than if they're a town police officer. Because obviously it's hierarchical. If there would have been an FBI agent who had some sort of command of the case, what do you think his posture would have been over the other two the town cop, the and the state trooper. He was up, this is my crime scene. Everybody make a thirty foot circle around it and don't penetrate that, and then everybody. So you have to understand that in this case, the authoritative tative figure are the troopers with the state police badges. And if they would have told that guy, you're not taking photos, then he's going to say yes, sir, and he's not going to take photos.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And in regards to Officeer Barrows, if the prosecution doesn't call him, but the defense does, they would be able to have a conversation with him prior and show him the taillight to already know the answer when he testifies.
Speaker 3: Correct, that's right, which I would strongly recommend because you know the old adage never ask a question you don't know the answer to. And my personal opinion is that Barrows' testimony in one point zero was favorable. Yeah, the taillight was was cracked but not completely broken or whatever he specifically said, but it was limited so I worry deep down as to what he will say if he's asked more questions about it. Like, so, I have a little bit of trepidation. I'm putting a lot of faith in Nicholas Barrows. I'm calm implementing him as a witness for being honest. But I have a level of anxiety that I'm afraid that I don't know what else he has to say. So they should talk with him, they shouldn't met with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it you know very clearly you have to present the juxtaposition to his testimony on screen. First of all, what did you see? This is what I saw. Now we're going to show you what's been presented by the prosecution here. That's the smash tail light that was forty five? Is that what you saw?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Are you sure? And then you're left to have Hank Brennan do his very unlikable sort of eton schoolboy bully tacked tactics, and then that's what they're gonna be left with.
Speaker 3: So Mike drop moment. If they get that favorable testimony out of Barrows, that is a Mic drop moment.
Speaker 2: Now unless BEV won't allow them to show the photo and I can envision that so you can, but they have to present it as evidence, so you're just presenting their evidence on screen. You know, it's just prosecution. What do they call it? Prosecution? I don't remember how. And then they'll state the number and then they'll they'll they'll.
Speaker 3: They'll put it up, Yeah, their exhibit.
Speaker 2: Exhibit exactly the exhibit, and then they'll put it up on screen. Is that what you saw based on your Is that? No? That is not what I saw? Okay, Well, we'd like to know from the We would like to know how it got that way, but what you saw was not that. Okay. I want to say hello to Heather Honey from Heather Honey, thank you very much for your supersticker. We got to meet her last weekend UH in Massachusetts and she will be up coming up. Is it is it this week or next weekend? On Calling All Beings along with Jan Holman Sears from Mississippi and possibly Vicky from Yaksha, England, And it's going to be the out of town episode, so we're very excited to do an added towner's episode. A great question from Lena b Ado, Are you nan you are such a class act? Could alessi or lisy, depending upon where you're from. Have asked Jessica Hyde about her apology.
Speaker 3: He could have. I'm not sure he saw it. I didn't see it either until after, but he could have. But again, it goes into the be careful what you ask if you don't know the answer. She's kind of witty. I don't know if she would have formulated something that could have backfired. I hope the jury saw the little apology, so I wouldn't have asked why she did.
Speaker 1: But she had already by the time it was brought to lights. She was already off the stand, so they wouldn't be able to recall her back right when she was off the stand, she was gone.
Speaker 3: That's true. But in the moment, right in the moment, maybe he could have said, did you just apologize? Like it? It's an art. I always tell people it's a feel when you are cross examining someone. Also, the two of them going at each other, it was like the friendliest nerd showdown I've ever seen. They were so gracious and like passive aggressive with each other. It made me feel really dumb watching them. But it was like a polite little debate between two people about tech that is so far over my head. But overall, ALESSI won that. He won that debate by.
Speaker 2: Far as one would expect. Also, seeing that photo of him on Twitter, clearly the guys in shape and has like zero body fat on him. My goodness, that guy's in shape.
Speaker 3: I've met him and I've told him to his face. He's got a set of guns. He has a set of guns.
Speaker 2: And no fat on whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Guy is anomaly.
Speaker 2: He is very, very fit. We know what he's doing when he's on a trial. He's out using the hotel. Tell Jim or he's gone out for a long run. Suans, thank you for the Thank you for the nine to ninety nine, Lena Bee, Thank you, Susie CJ for the five. What about the judge telling the jury that the evidence mess is normal because of the quantity of evidence. Your thoughts.
Speaker 3: She shouldn't be having to make these statements to the jury. She shouldn't be telling Alessie, I think it was a lessie, all right, this is the last time you're coming up to the bench. She apologized for that. She made some other comment to them in front of the jury, and I don't remember what that was. She is really annoying to me in terms of how Judge Bev deals with this jury. In addition, it was noteworthy for what it's worth to me that she did not Judge Bev did not give any instruction to the jury when the text messages of Karen and John were brought forth before the jury. She did not give this like this type of instruction that says, you know, keep in mind when you're listening to text messages. It doesn't mean that it was for the truth of the matter asserted, or that the individual is the person who wrote the text messages. She did not give that kind of advisory guidance to the to the jury. But you know when she did when the text messages between certain officers or certain Commonwealth type of individuals was presented. So I think it was ones that Guarino was reading, and I don't remember with whom. So the point is her bias has now just so hit a fever pitch to me that you know, I was saying back in January on streams. In this case, I'm like Jesus, you know, someone should count how many times she rules in favor of the commonwealth versus the defense. We've gone so far beyond that now she sustains almost every single one of the Commonwealth's objections. She overrules almost every single one of the defense's objections. So the bias is it's legendary. At this point it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad you finally got there. You started out kind of soft and then you kind of took out like at least like the pickleball paddle and slapped her with it. So that was nice during the course of that. Yeah, that particular iteration. So this is Blomodone are ours, We love our only nan. I'll be honest here in Nova Scotia, I've never had a toe truck driver take a pic. And we have total companies for reach jurisdiction we patrol. So I'm taking it that this young lady or gentleman is a police officer and say that the total truck drivers don't take picks. So yeah. I Also, I've had my car flat betted my subrew when it had the battery in the back, so I had no spare tire. I only had a patch kit and totally destroyed the tire. So uh, they didn't. I don't believe they took pics of it. Maybe in jurisdictions they do. But like I said, if if the troopers being the authoritative figures they were, if that guy would have flipped took out his phone, they would have said put that away, no photos today. Well, then if it was on.
Speaker 1: The officers, because this is the alleged murder weapons.
Speaker 3: So honestly, even if it's not a protocol for tow truck drivers, even in the audit report that came out from five Stones in a day and age, when there is cell phones that are at the ready at our fingertips, it would have been reasonable, it would have been expected and it would have been sound judgment for any of the officers, whether it's Procter, Buchanic or anyone else, to have photographed the condition of the tail light at the time they first encountered it.
Speaker 2: Any I mean, you could have put police tape around that car and literally you could have had what most in something that was at that point it was a murder. You you could have literally put police tape and had the whole the forensics team come and had the crime scene photographers come with the professional professional cameras and take video and photos of the entire vehicle. So that should tell the jury. That should tell You don't have to be you know, I don't need to be duty ron or ed. Yeah, to know that that's proper. Everybody knows that. If you've watched any crime drama on TV, any documentaries on TV, you know that that car, as she said, Bias said, was the murder weapon. They should have photographed the entire vehicle as it sat there as they seized the vehicle. That should have been not the crime scene, but the murder weapon. And the reason they didn't do that is because for sure, they wanted to be able to exculpate. They didn't want to provide any evidence because they already were gonna blame it on Karen from what three hours after when Jen McCabe called back, who was it Pulley or No, I think it wasank It was Lanker, that's right, and gave him. They basically gave them the whole scenario that they needed. They're very thankful to her because they didn't know who to pin it on. They were scared to death to go knock on Brian Alberts store, so they needed to pin it on someone, and Jen McCabe gave it to him. She delivered them the whole the case they just had to figure out how to make it work.
Speaker 3: I tell all of I just tell all people wanting to learn about the law, think about what's called the totality of circumstances. That's a legal standard. So it's not just the failure to take the picture. It's not just the failure to properly interview witnesses in a timely fashion, or to separate them to properly interview them, or to the application of a leaf blower at the crime scene, or collection of biological evidence in solo cups, or putting things in stop and shop bags.
Speaker 2: So there's financial fact after days later.
Speaker 3: Six or forty seven pieces of tail light that seemed to even grow in size that were not readily apparent on the night or morning in question. There's such a long list. And if you look at that long list of anomalies, inconsistencies, things that should have been pursued that weren't, things that were missteps, things that should have been photographed but weren't. In looking at the totality of circumstances, what does that do that creates reasonable doubt? And it's considering all of them, which is that's why, And it's not just my opinion. I'm sure it's all of yours, and I know there's other law tubers who have it. The defense should take all of these things in that list that I'm talking about and go through them as articulately as possible in a story form fashion for the jury in closing arguments to tell a tale of how there is reasonable doubt, And even one of them alone is enough in all, not all of these things in the list, but some of them alone are enough in and of themselves to create reasonable doubt. I feel very, very optimistic as far as what has happened thus far and what I know firsthand is coming. Buckle up for it. But I feel very confident to tell you I am strongly, strongly predicting an acquittal here. I know people worry about a mistrial. I don't. I don't worry about a mistrial. So those are my thoughts.
Speaker 2: God, oh, thank God, that's the best news.
Speaker 3: Just want to put it out there.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know, I know you're on there. Barros's we got two more questions, then we're going to get out of here. Borros is not on prosecution unless he's on the fenceless Aj said to trooper b he knows the answers to all his questions. Hope he shuts it all down. Yeah, I mean it's basically there. It's going to be up to Hank Brandon to impugne his character. You would think in a normal prosecution they would be calling, uh, they would have interviewed Nicholas Borrows and go when we I don't know if we actually have a case here, but that but again, nothing about this is normal. So and thank you so much for for the five. That's very very nice of you. The Ghosts of Brian higginsim card and we've got another one from Canada follow up by saying, if seizing a vehicle involved in a crime, I would oh, so obviously this person is police officer. I would request photos by ident our CSI photograph before it was moved. Well, that's exactly what we just said. And you don't need to be a law enforcement professional like this person is to know that.
Speaker 3: And thank you for common sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just common sense. Yeah, I mean we've seen enough. I mean, if you've seen documentaries, I mean, they're always going to take whatever piece of evidence it is in the plant. Now, what they would have wanted to do was if Jen mccaven all of them would have said that at the time, they would have arrested Karen at the scene and they would have photographed the car right there and right there in front of thirty four Fairview where she parked the vehicle, so it would have happened there. But obviously they didn't think of that, had to blame how to shift and frame Karen until later on, and once they came up with the tail light thing, then the you know, obviously they would have done it in the Fortunately the Karen the Reeds families driveway. Thank you very much. It really does help us. Let me see, if I'm saying this is it, I might have to put me goss his own for the smite by biomit Biomiden's Biomiden are ours. I don't know that you've been here before. Thank you very much because the perspective of law enforcement being here, just like our South Carolina State trooper that comes in, is invaluable to us, just like it is when Nand goes into chat or goes on a show. You know, we need we need perspectives just like duty ron ed l the LV cops, Brian and Gonzo, et cetera. So uh oh, we've got more. Okay, we got one more, We've got another one.
Speaker 3: The more came in and I am happy to tackle them because Lena b earlier in the stream, I definitely went through the whole Chloe Kora craziness. So thank you for your donation. I'm gonna chat match tonight, but I would encourage you to track and and just if you're going to take anything away from this, Chloe is dead. She's dead. This is a whole bunch of malarkey.
Speaker 2: But it is shrod, as they say in England, it's it's a host shrod. Is it NodD And like I said earlier, because if you weren't here, Lenabe, unless you have you know, Companion has a dog chip microchip. What's the other one named Avid is one. There's several companies that have microchips that you register that chip, you you use it with a scan tool. If they don't have that from pre twenty twenty two that shows when that dog was registered and they can scan it today, then it's not Chloe and they don't have that because if they did have that, then Hank Brennan would be presenting that paperwork at court. He would be showing this is Chloe right here now, you would, I mean you would literally probably have to have a member of the defense present with a member of the a neutral party with the scan tool to scan and print what the dog's identity is. Like literally you would have to do like what they were attempting to do with the computer when they wasted Karen's twelve thousand dollars, for that expert to go to Canton and say, oh, we don't have anything for you. I don't know why you hear so, And can I.
Speaker 1: Just add the jurors don't even know the significance of Chloe at this point because they don't have anything of how this even happened.
Speaker 2: Sure, but they'll get there. Guys are going to get there yet may know now, but they will know. And the fact of the matter is that the only way they can establish the dog's identity is through microchip data from when they got the dog or from any time before and any time before January twenty ninety, twenty twenty two, and they have to be able to show the same thing today is verified by an independent party, and then that company would also have to verify that they have had that dog in their records from that day with the same chip number. So and they're not going to do that because if they're going to do that, Hank Brennan would say I have that evidence, and he doesn't.
Speaker 3: So I agree with all of that, But at Tabia's point, this disjointed order of telling the story. It's, in my opinion, the jury's hearing this information about Cora or Chloe and then going with where does this Where does this fall in level of importance? For me, it's kind of like when you're reading a novel and you're like, wait, I have a feeling this might become important later, but I wish I understood right now the importance of it. It's not conducive to how a reasonable person processes information in terms of the order of storytelling. Yes, yes, that's just my take, but I think I'm not alone.
Speaker 2: No, no, but there's probably a reason. It's to confuse so that they remember, so that they're not able because they're not going to have a transcript because you know, Massachusetts, they have not figured out how to produce court transcripts that they can give. You know that, you know that with the price of printering these days, just can't do it. So they won't provide the jury of transcript so they can go back and deliberate with the historyonics of the case. They're only going to have their notes and what this moron says at her nonsensical during her nonsensical jury instructions, Charles argos from South Africa. I had mkat TOEG and the tow truck driver took photographs all round my cav for proof that the condition he received it for possible liability. Yeah, I think I sound more Australian. I'm sorry, that might be all right. I'm sorry to all my Moto GP writer uhs from South Africa, like Brad Minder and so forth, So I apologize if I screwed up your accent. Thank you Charles for this seventy of South African. I'm not sure what did I would imagine it would be the same denomination as England, but I could be wrong. So what do you say about that? Yeah, I mean, I mean this is basically what we're saying that they in South Africa they do take photos of the vehicle, and Nan obviously sees that in Jersey.
Speaker 3: I think it varies jurisdiction. A jurisdiction tow truck driver to tow truck driver. But at the same time, this is a police confiscation of an alleged murder weapon. I have to believe that there are protocols that are in place for how that's supposed to go down, and they were not followed. This may be further discussed with Buchanic or with Proctor or with Barrows. I don't know. We'll have to wait and see. But you know what, even if they don't hit this with questions, a jury of reasonable people should ask that saying, well, when were the first pictures that came out depicting the taillight? They were all after the evidence was quote proctored. So he's got a really, really significant name. He proctored and doctored a bunch of different evidence in this case, and he got disciplined and terminated for it, in my opinion, whether it was just his own personal bias or not. And you've got skunks and jerks like Buchanic and the other Gallagher and the Guarinos and the da Chicos and all of the other questionable police in my opinion, up there covering for him when this should have gone away long long ago. If the right people stood up, had some integrity, faced the music, and were just simply not a bunch of cowards willing to lie to protect one or a very small number. So I wish Karen well in her next week of trial. And it's hard. It's hard on her, it's hard on the family, it's hard on all of you. I'm sure you're juggling jobs, trying to follow everything and cover it totally showing up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate. I have to get it kind of like after work secondhand. I kind of have to get the information that way. I can't sit and watch the trial all day.
Speaker 3: Long, but I put two point oh speed and I run. I go running in the morning and make sure I listen to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: So I got That's how I lost a bunch of weight. I was rage running during one point zho. So it worked. Anyone looking struck, anyone wants to lose the fluff start rage running to these trials.
Speaker 2: And more of Alisi. Thank you so much for five dollars in gratitude for Nan and for every creator who hosts her. And I would just say, if you are going to send Bob Lacy a gift, I would say probably don't send him fat burners. Maybe just you know, sort of a meal replacement protein shake.
Speaker 3: He eats some weird stuff in his yetty. He's he's constantly eating constantly, which is really good for.
Speaker 2: Your health metabolism. Going, yeah, bless them. Uh, Spanky's case is so disjointed, and I say, by design, yeah, absolutely, they are trying to h they're achieving their goal. They're trying to get the jury to not be able to put it together, knowing that their notes is all they're going The closing argument is going to have to do it, and then whatever notes they take or don't take. And as you guys know, some people are great note takers, some people aren't. And that is all they're gonna have. They are not going to have I know, you're like, this is twenty twenty one, and they're not gonna have a transfer. They're not gonna have like a big screen where they could put on the even if it were electronic and they could screen in the jury room. They're gonna have nothing to refer back to other.
Speaker 3: Than their gad Yeah, and they don't they don't know this case like like all of you do. Or if you have viewers learning the case now. So it's it's just different experience as a juror. And that's why the method in which they're teaching this is presenting it is not it's not conducive to good storytelling. And Alan Jackson, he's a seasoned tactician. Alessie Steady as Stone Yanetti, he's just the local archer. This is why I wrote my epic tale about these guys. So all of them, Liza little Like, they're all an important team, and I really think they're going to tell a better story in the defense case.
Speaker 2: And Chief please post that again so that we can retweet that if you would, Nan, which you wrote, so that everybody here can read that. I'd like to thank the mods, all of you that are here, all of the questions we got. I'm sorry we couldn't get to all of you. I see so many of our friends in here, Tiff, I see tons of you. It's just when Nan shows up, we get so many there it's just difficult to get to them all. So I apologize. We've gone two hours and sixteen minutes, but that's what we do for Nan Gallery. That's just how the damn thing go. Nan, thank you so much for joining us again and for giving us of your time. You can hear Eddie Vedder in the background love it, playing along to save it for later, and that's what we'll have to do.
Speaker 3: I know how to play that on the guitar.
Speaker 2: What oh my god. Next time, Nan Gallagher, I will be asking for you to bring your guitar to Calling All Beings so you could play this amazing version of the English Beats song Save It for Later by Eddie Vedder. It's so beautiful.
Speaker 3: One of these days I might surprise you with some musical talents.
Speaker 2: Man. For Nan Gallagher, thank you so much, Maud, thank you for everybody in the chat. For and Ba. This is DJ saying peace out, one love. We'll see down the road, see you soon.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 3: Thank you man.