Speaker 1: It is time for Teke It Out, which is brought to you by You Say We Play It Today. Voting is open jr Facebook page. Jimmy Hendricks featured artists this morning three song choices. Pick from those as to which one you prefer us to play it at nine o'clock. One with the most votes will and then we randomly pick one of you who votes to win.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Rockville. Tickets for the I Believe, Sunday.
Speaker 3: Sunday Sunday Sunday Sunday.
Speaker 2: Corn, and many other bands. The takeaway here. If you haven't voted for You Say We Play It Jr. Facebook page, go do it before nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got till nine. You only need to vote once. Take you about five seconds to do.
Speaker 2: All right, let's begin with this and then tomorrow's tickets are four day passes for Rockhill.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If there's any doubt as to how popular the Grand Theft Auto Game is, it'll be put to.
Speaker 3: Rest with this.
Speaker 1: Grand Theft Auto six has been pushed back the release till next year. Despite that new trailer for the game. Highly anticipated game released four hundred and seventy five million views in its first day. From those interested in what the latest Grand Theft Auto is going to have its store.
Speaker 3: That is simply insane. Four hundred and seventy what four hundred and.
Speaker 1: Seventy five million views of the sneak peak of the new Grand Theft Auto six for seventy five mil in its first day.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you talk about building up anticipation? I think May of next year is when, so still a year away. We toallked about this a little while back. It's now been confirmed Samsung will formally unveil the Galaxy S twenty five Edge during a virtual Unpacked event coming up on Monday eight in the evening, which will you know, give you all the insights and ordering information about their new upcoming Slim phone, which there's been so much speculator. Slim is the deal now with these phones again. So yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: When it went back to small.
Speaker 2: I lost all just just because we all started with small. I found an iPhone the other day, the original iPhone pat this big.
Speaker 3: Remember when they went back to small, then it was slim. Now it's come on, that's you know, it's all headed. Uh yeah, it's gonna change again. I don't worry.
Speaker 2: It'll be big phones soon again, let's go back to the brick phones.
Speaker 1: Payphones, payphones are back. Yes you have you have your own phone. That's so, that's so twenty twenty five. Yeah, man, get a quarter uh a powerful coalition of more than two hundred and fifty CEOs and technology leaders uniting to advocate for computer science and AI education to become a mandatory part of K through twelve curriculum across the United States. The initiative is called Unlock eights. The goal is to ensure that every student acquires essential skills needed to thrive in a world where artificial intelligence is playing an increasingly central role. Taco, I know artificial intelligence scares you. You say things about it every week when we do this, but it has push has come to shove. And you know, if you're just starting your educational career right now and you're you're not getting some direction in that type of field, I think you're you're shorting yourself on opportunity.
Speaker 2: Oh as much as I don't like it one hundred percent, my wife had went to a workshop on it as a school teacher.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: And then ironically, ironically, the flip side of that is the thought that there may be quite a bit of manufacturing jobs starting to present themselves as opportunities in the US. Tech training back in demand, and that's another avenue maybe for students who aren't so inclined to go into the computer sciences. So it looks like there's two very bright paths available here for current students. So whether or not this becomes mandatory or not, you've got some powerful CEOs who are trying to put their weight behind that. There's various fast food chains that have started to use speaking of AI AI to help with drive throughs. You may have encountered this where you place an order and you think you're talking to a person, it's really not. And then you know, you get up and you evidently eventually encounter a real person who gives you your order. But they've got some feedback on how the AI being employed through fast food drive throughs is it's success rate? Uh not?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Employees have to intervene about twenty two percent of the time.
Speaker 2: Can I know down the road somebody who's back and it's gonna say, don't worry, it'll improve as we go on and it'll be good. But hey, I told you when I had an AI's situation where I cussed at the thing and said, give me some f in customer service, excuse my friend, and it said, please don't speak to me like that. Yeah, whatever, you're not real. I have to ask his devil's advocate, though, If an employee has to intervene twenty two percent of the time for AI, what's the success rate for getting the order right? If it's just pure human it's operating the drive through. You don't have to answer.
Speaker 3: You can just nod or not nod the rhetorical question. You know where I'm going with that. Yeah, I totally.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be shocked if AI's hit rate was a little higher.
Speaker 2: Pat, we got some phone feedback. I get two two five two. So are they on board with the payphone? When you mentioned the really slim phone, somebody said, I still use a flip phone. Nothing wrong without somebody else bring back the next tell beep beep, remember that, Yes, somebody, I miss payphones when the phone dies. Payphones are good, but you can't find one anywhere. Jail still album.
Speaker 1: Google has agreed to fund the development of three new nuclear sites. You know this is a subject that doesn't get the attention that it probably should. You hear about the increasing demand that energy is going to uh have for all of this AI and uh, you know computer learning stuff that needs to be powered. Where's all the power going to come from? And uh, nuclear doesn't get brought up a lot. But trust me what I tell you. The tech companies they are aware of the benefits of nuclear power, which let's be honest here, if you're younger, you may not understand this. If you've been around a while, you know exactly what I'm about to say. Nuclear power has been kind of blackballed, specifically in this country because of previous accidents that have happened. That said, the advancements in nuclear power and the safety that it can offer does not get near the attention that it probably should. And I think a lot of people will be surprised to know how far nuclear power technology has come. Google clearly sees this. They also know the need for the power that's going to be needed at some point to come from school all this time, come somewhere and guess what, they need a lot of this too.
Speaker 2: So I learned about it with that the Bitcoin or whatever, where you have to have these all these computer towers to power it. Mining, Yes, yeah, mining that was when I was going to sell my invention, and I never went through.
Speaker 1: What was the invention again?
Speaker 3: Hello? Hello? Oh that okay, that's a different subject.
Speaker 1: Netflix is ready to roll out its first major redesign in years, saying the new version is simpler, easier, and more intuitive. This will be the streaming company's first big redesign since twenty thirteen. Back then Netflix only had thirty million subscribers. Now they have three hundred million subscribers. According to Netflix official announcement, the redesign for TV screens only will roll out around the world starting on May nineteenth, with users receiving a welcome message to walk them through the updates.
Speaker 3: Translation.
Speaker 1: Your Netflix landing page is going to get an update in a full new redesign. Don't be caught off guard when you open up, Go what's going on here?
Speaker 3: I can't find my show's mentioned for me.
Speaker 1: A twenty cent wonder drug is being studied as potentially a colon cancer fighting supplement, and it looks very promising. A cheap, widely describe diabetes drug that many doctors have called a wonder drug may hold the promise as a preventative in fighting colon cancer That would be the drug met Foreman, which is used by a lot of folks with type two diabetes. It is a very very inexpensive drug, one of many different types of drugs on the market to treat diabetes. But they are seeing some research that shows folks taking this for diabetes also have much lower levels and occurrences of colon cancer. So they're trying to see if there's a correlation between that and may have some hidden benefits.
Speaker 2: Let's hope so man, because we all know somebody who's been affected by colon cancerf.
Speaker 1: And one more streaming note here, Roku has well, they're going to purchase Friendly. That is one of the cut the cord cable streaming packages.
Speaker 3: This is out there.
Speaker 1: Friendly TV was founded in twenty nineteen, offers about fifty top rated l live channels for six to ninety nine a month. We had that for a little while in our house because it had some channels that my wife wanted. But it's a good little package. So they're scooping that up. Roku will now be operating Friendly, although they will be keeping the current management structure in place as Roku continues to expand upon just streaming devices.
Speaker 3: I think that's about all I got hey, Pat, you want to hear a stat that's pretty wild? Stat that's wild. Yes, somebody texted in so many texts.
Speaker 2: Thank you everybody for getting involved in the tech tech news today with your texts. But all those four hundred and seventy five million people that watch the YouTube video for Grand Theft GTA are going to spend eighty dollars for the game and more.
Speaker 3: To do the math on that.
Speaker 2: Think of that four seventy four hundred and sent five millions. Let's just round it up one hundred bucks. It's good to be a rock star company. Who's a god? Another one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, all right, stand by Lynchin Taco's commercial free workday rock Block is coming up at eight Lynchin
Speaker 2: Taco on demand download the iHeartRadio app