Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Police say that sixty five people now were injured when a car ran into a crowd of Liverpool soccer fans pay here, say liberals celebrating their team's Premier League championship. Eleven are still in the hospital as of today, or as they say in England, they are still in hospital. Assistant Chief Constable of Mary's Merseyside Police said the patients are all stable. Fifty of the casualties did require hospital treatment. They have arrested a fifty three year old man on suspicion of attempted murder. At this point, they said, he is being held on suspicion of dangerous driving, driving on drugs, but at this point not a terrorist act.
Speaker 1: Trump now says Putin is playing with fire. This after his comments Trump's comments over the weekend that Putin is absolutely crazy crazy in all caps, things are getting a little hostile. It's where we kick off swamp watch.
Speaker 3: I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing that lollipops we got. The real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 4: The other side never quits.
Speaker 5: So what I'm not going anywhere. So now Ukraine the.
Speaker 4: Squat, I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been. You know, Americans have always been gone at president, but they're not stupid.
Speaker 2: A political flunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 4: Whether people voted for you were not. Swamp watch, they're all counter knowing.
Speaker 2: Okay, something weird is happening on the whole truth social thing.
Speaker 4: But okay, because of the president.
Speaker 2: And his what's happening, Well, so let's explain what's President Trump is unhappy with Vladimir Putin and made it so made it right.
Speaker 1: Moscow continues to batter Ukraine. Trump is in the middle of trying to get together a peace deal to end the war, and Putin's been kind of telling Trump what he wants to hear, playing a foot seat with him by the same token, and at the same time attacking Ukraine. So today Trump accused Putin of, in his words, playing with fire. He wrote in Truth Social late this morning. What Vladimir Putin doesn't realize is that if it weren't for me, lots of really bad things would have already happened to Russia, and I mean really bad ball caps. He's playing with fire. This is a big change in the Trump administration's approach to the Kremlin. This, you know, this comes on the heels of the administration blaming Zelensky for triggering the war between Russia and Ukraine. And he seemed to kind of one eighty that whole bit yesterday and called Putin absolutely crazy.
Speaker 4: This was him just off of Air Force one.
Speaker 3: I'm not happy with what Putin's doings, killing a lot of people, and I don't know what the hell happened to Putin. I've known him a long time, always gotten along with them. But he's sending rockets into cities and killing people, and I don't like it at all. Okay, we're in the middle of talking and he's shooting rockets and Tikiev and other cities.
Speaker 5: I don't like it at all.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: This was one of the deadliest attacks in months that he's referencing. It happened over the weekend. At least twelve people were killed in a combined drone and missile attack it struck over thirty Ukrainian cities. This also coincided with the largest prisoner swap since the start of the invasion in Ukraine in twenty twenty two. So this was the exchange of one thousand prisoners the same day as Russia's massive attack. So Trump was like taking a victory lap over that. Right, this is a huge diplomatic breakthrough. I was involved with brokering this prisoner swap. I'm a big deal here. And then Putin turns around and attacks Ukraine and it's like.
Speaker 2: Wait, what hundreds of drones and missiles and there's again. Trump has every reason to not be happy with it, but then do something about it. Don't just complain that your friend is letting you down or embarrassing you. Do something about it. Now, I said, something weird is happening. Republican Senator Chuck Grassley out of Iowa is trying to I guess out Trump Trump in his social media posts, because what he said is this is this morning on Twitter. I believe President Trump no capitals, was sincere when he thought his friendship w Putin wld end the war with friendship with Putin would end the war again. I don't know if he's trying to text like he's doing this on purpose, or if he's just screwing it up. Now that being the case, all caps, it's time for sanctions strong enough nuf so Putin knows game over.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: Is he doing this because he thinks that's going to catch Donald Trump's eye.
Speaker 1: He thinks he's speaking Trump's language.
Speaker 4: Happening, what's going on on Trump's playing field.
Speaker 2: Now to that end, the Senate has a brew has put together I shouldn't say approved a package of sanctions that already has overwhelming support, like eighty plus senators are supporting this new paction, a package of sanctions against Russia, including a five hundred percent tariff on imports from any nation that purchases Russian oil, petroleum products, natural gas, or uranium. That is not just the sanction on Russia, but the sanctions on countries that continue to do business with Russia.
Speaker 1: This is a problem. Trump does business with Russia, his family does business with Russia. He is well entrenched in Russian banks. That's where they get a lot of their funding and have for a long time. And you've got to follow the money, and it's not financially advantageous for Trump and his family and his brand to pick a fight with Vladimir Putin.
Speaker 4: It is not.
Speaker 2: One of the things that's also happened is Germany's new chancellor has lifted any range restrictions the weapons that we've been giving to Ukraine. We've been telling them, yeah, you can use them, but you've got to do them defensively or not too far into Russia if you're going to use them as offensive weapons. And now Germany's Chancellor, Friedrich Friedrich thinks how you say it, Merz has said there are no restrictions on the range. Kremlin doesn't like that because they say that leaves us no other option but to go nuclear if necessary.
Speaker 1: Nearly ten years ago, when we met Anthony Wiener in Philadelphia at the DNC, it was after his first fall from grace. He was persona on grata there and he pulled up a chair and we did an interview with him, and I said to him, if I remember correctly, well, what are you going to do now? You need the attention because he does. You know, people like this, the people that need at ten he wasn't going to be standing around with his literal genitals in his hand. For very long. He had his second fall from grace shortly after that conversation, when he was caught sending pictures of his genitals with his son in the frame to college girls in the Midwest. Now, Anthony Wiener, still needing attention, is back trying to what was the headline soft launch his comeback.
Speaker 4: We'll tell you all about it.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Did you make an appointment to go see somebody like a GP or something just for fun, just because we thought it'd be something fun to do for the show.
Speaker 4: No, oh, I thought you.
Speaker 1: I thought there was movement on that, just to check things out to scale, blood work done.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not fun for the summer. Fun for the summer. Okay, that sounds like fun.
Speaker 1: What don't you think you should just get things looked at.
Speaker 2: For baseline stuff. Yes, I'm probably it's probably a good idea to do it. My PSA numbers are very very low, so that's so thank you.
Speaker 1: Your public service announcement.
Speaker 2: No, my prostate specific antigen numbers, oh very low.
Speaker 4: Do you take those? Do I take them? You take? You know what your numbers are?
Speaker 2: When I last time I had my blood check. Yes, oh, so you do get your blood checked. I have had my blood checked. I don't ask yet. It's been four years, but it's that's okay. Four years is acceptable. I was in my forties, then, is that okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just think you know a little baseline checking from here and there, baseline checking. You have a history of heart disease in your family. I also have a history of prostate cancer.
Speaker 4: My fan, Right, so do you know this song.
Speaker 2: Hang On Sloopy, Sloopy, hang on devor do you want to do it right now?
Speaker 4: We have a corrections and retractions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: Well, he's not dead, No, no, he is, he is. But you know I I quickly I grabbed the story and I said, sloppy, Well, it looks like sloppy when you were on Sloppy, but it's you're too young, too young, thank you, thank you, because I the only reason I don't know that song. I know the song really well because my dad listened to oldies driving us into school, So I know all the music of the fifties and sixties down ass. Okay, my brother and I can do a real fun karaoke.
Speaker 4: Of those times.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, thank you for allowing me to us on the song, you know, save some face kind of You're welcome.
Speaker 4: We want you to be the best deb brother that you can be. Oh, thank you. Somebody's got yes exactly. Hey, do you remember this whole thing? Do you remember? You remember Anthony wien Er? Did you send the tweet? Is that a photograph of you? And why not call for an investigator?
Speaker 5: Hi, answers, I did not, and that I hate that.
Speaker 4: I know what a system was hacked. I was pranktical.
Speaker 5: It's fairly common one.
Speaker 4: People make fun of my name all the time.
Speaker 1: When your name Wiener, you kind of get that, Is that right?
Speaker 4: Right? I don't remember the timeline on this. Let me see. Did you ask him if you could see his phone to see when I look through the pictures on your phone?
Speaker 5: Well, if you want to see a lot of pictures of Jordan.
Speaker 4: And my son, Yeah, that's all we have. You're letting me down.
Speaker 5: You are clearly not you. It's found. It has been a long time since you had a four and a half. Ye all that is like some aces stuff aces aces, it's aces.
Speaker 1: And I love that he's calling me old when I was like thirty four ish, not even thirty four years old at that time. Like I get playing the old card, like you don't know what it's like to have a four and a half year old running around if you're like sixty, But like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: This was and that that portion of the interview or that portion of an interview came from the twenty sixteen Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. And again you mentioned he was persona and on Grada. He was walking around the wells.
Speaker 1: Fargo, sew salmon colored pants, like like J Crew salmon tight colored pants, and he nobody was talking to him. He didn't have a body person nothing. He was just naked walking around there basically. And so I I time has made me love that interview even more.
Speaker 4: This was him a little bit later.
Speaker 1: What's next for you? I mean, you've got to get back into side.
Speaker 5: Are going to miss the how do I possibly? I was gonna say, you're gonna miss the attention KF I am six forty with with the Gary and Channon show. I'm totally this is it. I've peaked at great question kind of. Now I do one of those trips where I'd climb the mountains of seven continents or something, and then and that.
Speaker 4: Was it very similar, very similar to being on the show.
Speaker 1: But you know what he went on to do was completely sandbag that election for Hillary Clinton with the help of Debbie Wasserman. I mean, between the two big stories that broke that week or the week after for him, I mean that the fact that Bernie Sanders people were all completely.
Speaker 4: Shut out, shut out.
Speaker 2: I remember that couple crying, the Bernie Sanders couple that we met on the street and we were asking them about what I mean, You guys are in Philly.
Speaker 4: You thought this might be it. There was a chance that you guys would They.
Speaker 1: Felt succeeded, and they were, they were Those were valid feelings.
Speaker 2: Let me remind you that of the three of us that were sitting at that table that day, you me, Anthony Wiener, only one of us is a registered sex offender. Well, you don't know everything, right, I can guarantee that one of us is not a registered sex offender. I am also not a r Okay, so the two of us not registered sex offenders.
Speaker 1: He is running, guys, He's running for New York City Council. He that was a fifteen year old He was texting by the way. I was just gonna I keep in my head, it's like an eighteen or nineteen year old college co ed all the time that he's sexting, not the case a fifteen thirteen year old.
Speaker 2: Good lord, again, it happened that story came out weeks after you asked him this.
Speaker 1: Can I look through the pictures on your phone?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Could you imagine ladies who trust your gut? Anthony Wiener running for New York City Council six years after he was released from his twenty one month stay behind bars for sexting a fifteen year old.
Speaker 4: He was last.
Speaker 2: Seen on the streets of New York with a handful of flyers, with a woman holding a campaign sign, talking to a mother with a small child, hugging an older woman. Is it Is it interesting that all of these are females in his circle at this point taking photos with potential women?
Speaker 4: Are women are more more for giving?
Speaker 1: Although you know, I can't believe I asked him that question.
Speaker 4: The show was pretty new then too.
Speaker 1: Had we already been screwed over by Richard Dreyfus was the dow off the lily in terms of interviews and being polite to people?
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe I was maybe that was not about the milk, you know, it was about Richard us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that was pretty Uh, that was pretty prickly of me to say that to him.
Speaker 2: This was also late in the week, if I remember correct, Wednesday or Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're gamy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you started wearing the same clothes day after day. Yeah, I think that was like Wednesday and Thursday. You did the same outfit and and you had Philly cheese steak remsans on your shirt or as they say, blouse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you ironed every day.
Speaker 2: Well not true, that was the second half. Remember they lost our luggage, so we had the hotel had to do the laundry for us, and they were earn my shirts pressed, so I didn't do.
Speaker 1: I thought it was very impressive that you had ironed all your clothes every day.
Speaker 2: That's sweet considering once you step out of the uber in one hundred degree heat and rain.
Speaker 4: It's broken. All of that is gone.
Speaker 2: His By the way, the person running against him is a woman named Sarah Batchu. She proposed a bill nicknamed the Wiener Act a couple of months ago that would ban registered sex offenders from holding any public.
Speaker 4: Office in the city.
Speaker 1: Why is that not already a law.
Speaker 4: That was great and called it the Wiener Act.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great. We should you know what we should get them on? Nope, yes we should, we should. We shall, I say we shall, we shall. Let's see the words.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, all right?
Speaker 1: Young men calling nine to one one heart.
Speaker 2: Attack or panic attack? Heart attack, panic attack.
Speaker 1: Panic attacks are scary and it does feel like something is really wrong. But these are I'm assuming these are young people that are yep, yeah, okay, yep. We're talking like a couple cups of coffee too much. Maybe not an actual panic attack. Toxidrome, it has a name.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I didn't want to look at you.
Speaker 1: I went to the hospital with that too.
Speaker 4: But that was legit. Your heart was literally racist, Yeah it was.
Speaker 6: But come on, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Cassie Ventura is going into labor. Oh really, it seems like that she left the courtroom for the hospital.
Speaker 4: Very dramatic.
Speaker 1: Sources to TMZ, you say Cassie was rushed to the New York hospital. She is in the labor and deliver a unit. As we know, she was very pregnant, so as you can as you know, if you've made a baby, if you had a baby, sometimes stress We'll move along the process, and how could this not be stressful. She has showed up to court for four straight days for intense testimony about their relationship.
Speaker 4: She has two other kids too, by her current husband.
Speaker 1: I I don't know, that is I do not know.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, we'll do true crime Tuesday.
Speaker 2: By the way, when we get to twelve thirty, there's some updates on that Idaho quadruple murder case. Brian Cobroker, of course accused of killing those CODs, and they are closer to trial, but it has not been without some speed bumps along the way.
Speaker 4: So we'll talk about that.
Speaker 2: Men are about half as likely to be diagnosed with an anxiety disorder compared to women. I'm going to repeat that because that surprised me. Men about half as likely to be diagnosed with an anxiety disorder compared to women. And then this study out of Australia suggests that some men feel pressure to be fearless to hide their emotions. Others simply don't understand or have the language to describe the symptoms of the anxieties that they feel. Your face is their emotional language is weak, shall we say?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: This means that boys grow up believing that their male role models don't get anxious. They don't see dad or grandpa or their uncle get anxious. True, so they themselves, if they feel anxious, think that something is wrong with them.
Speaker 4: I can see that.
Speaker 2: So then you start this biofeedback loop where you start convincing yourself, googling prep did I feel Did I.
Speaker 4: Just have a heart attack?
Speaker 2: I might have just had a heart attack, And then you start getting nervous about it. You develop these symptoms in yourself and you call nine to one one. This story actually looked at, or, I should say, the study looked at the notes of paramedics who treated men between the ages end boys between fifteen and twenty five years old, seven hundred of them, and they said men are encouraged to talk about anxiety. They can describe various challenges like repetitive worries, feeling out of control, and in many cases, intense physical symptoms high rate of heart beats, shortness of breath, body pains, tremors, and headaches. One study said that a lot of times anxious men will call the ambulance, specifically younger men will call the ambulance. They said, many young men turn to ambulances in crisis. Anxiety accounts for ten percent of male ambulance attendances for mental health concerns.
Speaker 1: Why do you think this is happening? Is it being reported more or what have you? Because this is nothing new that men don't talk about their emotions. I mean, that's not a new generation type of a thing. Is there something making men more anxious? Is it the loneliness thing where men aren't talking to other men or really anybody else? I think maybe they go hand in hand if if men, because well the diamond does in the stays that say, young men are lonelier now than they have been for whatever reason. Maybe it's they're isolating more. They and because they're isolating more, they're not talking to people face to face. Talking to people face to face can definitely ease anxiety. Friendships, things like that, just getting things off your chest or what have You don't have to sit down and have like major conversations about feelings and emotions. Just talking to somebody about your day or whatever. I think goes a long way in that regard. And if you're isolating and you don't have that outlet. I guess that's where more anxiety would come in. I mean, young men aren't getting married. I think that you know, our grandparents got married when they were what twenty two twenty three. So even if they're not having these like big conversations with about their emotions, they're still talking to somebody in the house every day.
Speaker 2: Should be Yeah, there are three things that they refer to. Bodily symptoms, onset of bodily symptoms, that is very quick. That's one of the things that it kind of is that self fulfilling prophecy. You start to think, why are my hands tingling? I must be having a problem. Then that sort of convinces your body to follow through with that problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The mind is so powerful, especially at least I found for personally, if I think I'm having anxiety or a panic attack, my mind will take that ball and run all the way to the goal line with it and nothing to do.
Speaker 4: With trophy winning run on rade to the end zone.
Speaker 2: They also say that severe anxiety is very often triggered or worsened by substance abuse. Yes that if you start to feel yourself I need something to calm myself down.
Speaker 4: That actually can work against you in terms of it.
Speaker 1: Will do it will bomb you down right now, but you're gonna have to deal with that the next day. The anxiety does not go away. In fact, it makes it worse. I have a lot of girlfriends who just stop drinking because the next day and somebody else's famous, Oh on the Housewives, it's her name, Kyle Richards.
Speaker 4: Same thing.
Speaker 1: She felt so much anxiety after she went out for a night drinking that it was like, I don't want to feel this way anymore. The next day for whatever reason, whatever chemical reaction that had, it was manifesting an anxiety. I have a couple of girlfriends same thing. They stopped having those nights out and drinking to excess that anxiety went away.
Speaker 2: I think there's two other things, and they don't point out.
Speaker 1: It's like when you get older, the way your body handles a hangover.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it could just be different.
Speaker 2: It's different than the headache and the right sensitivity to brightness. Yeah, it's probably a more mental right. There are two things that are not in the study that I would say probably have an impact on it. I don't know if they would be able to quantify it because of the way they did this study. But lack of physical movement, like young men aren't exercising the ways that.
Speaker 1: They used to, also makes you feel good and totally decreases any sort of anxiety.
Speaker 2: Right, But and then a sort of an offshoot of that, or that may be a symptom of the bigger problem, which is we're not teaching people how to deal with anxiety. We've not told them, Hey, there are things that you can do to maintain a consistent outlet.
Speaker 4: Moving around, like moving around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or if you do start to feel that way, you know, it may not be prophylactic. You may not be able to run five miles a day just to kind of calm your brain down, but it may require.
Speaker 4: You to get up off the couch.
Speaker 2: If you start to feel that way, go do something physical, Do something that's outside of your comfort zone.
Speaker 4: Just a walk, even just a walk, walk the dog, or if.
Speaker 2: You don't have a dog, walk yourself, put a leash around your own neck.
Speaker 1: Well, that gets into a little bit of stress. Weird suicide, Okay, because there's been a couple of those.
Speaker 2: All right, up next, we told you about these mountain climbers. They were trying to make it to Everest, to the top and back and record time.
Speaker 4: They did it. They certainly did well. They have a lot of money. And here's the other thing. That's what the key is.
Speaker 2: Actual mountain climbers are saying they should be banned from mountain.
Speaker 1: They should and everyone who's publicizing it, including us, although we'll do a responsible job, it is part of the problem because how many people will read or hear this story and be like.
Speaker 4: Well, if I could do it, I could do it.
Speaker 1: And then they go up there and they die and they put rescuers at risk.
Speaker 4: Who was that this guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the guy that thinks he could go up about without any training.
Speaker 4: He also has a cold apparently, I don't know. I just met him. Gary and shann will continue.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: The Trump administration is asking federal agencies to cancel contracts with Harvard worth about one hundred million dollars. This intensifies the fight between the president and the oldest and wealthiest university in America. The government already canceled more than two point six billion in federal research grants for Harvard. Harvard has pushed back on the President's demands for changes to.
Speaker 4: Several of its policies.
Speaker 2: A very bad day in Gaza, which is there have been many lately, but chaos erupted on the second day of aid operations by a new US backed group there. Palestinians completely overwhelmed the center that is distributing food today, breaking through fences. Nearby Israeli troops had to fire warning shots and then setting people run in the opposite way and panic. The Israeli military later said the situation was brought under control, but at least three Esthenians were injured in what was supposed to be a food distribution.
Speaker 1: For British men, who we talked about a few weeks ago when we heard about their plan, have shrunken the timeline dramatically when it comes to climbing Mount Everest, traveling from London to the summit and back in less than a week.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: While this does make the news, it is a stupid, foolish, fatal plan. In nine point nine out of ten cases they skipped the acclamation time the adjustment period by inhaling xenon gas, which the jury still out on that. By the way, I said when we talked about their plan and what they thought would be their secret weapon and xenon gas that to your point before it's all mental. A lot of the scientists said that it's not going to have any effect, maybe detrimental if anything, but if you think you have a secret weapon, that's going to go a long way, well physically and mentally.
Speaker 2: So scientifically, they say they don't know exactly how this is supposed to work that they have shown. Xenon has been known for years to activate a molecule called the hypoxia inducible factor. It's also turned on when people acclimate to low oxygen. So what these people claim to have done is found a way to switch on the adaptation to the low oxygen levels, because obviously you're at such an altitude twenty six thousand feet that there is very little oxygen up there. If you're climbing the regular way, you're taking supplemental oxygen with you but still suffering the effects of low oxygen. What these guys did was ten weeks before the expedition, they started sleeping in hypoxic tents that lowers the oxygen levels in the air would acclimatize them to the conditions. Instead of what many other people do, which is travel to the mountain and gradually make your way up, as you know, a week at this level and then go up in another week at that level, and so on.
Speaker 1: If you're a climber, or if you've even seen the major motion picture Everest the way that I have so very base, rudimentary knowledge of this, you have to have respect for the mountain. You have to have respect for the people who came before, who the people who know the mountain. It's all about that, really, and this seems to fly in the face of that. And it's not just this group of guys. They plan to keep on doing this. Lucas Furtenbach is the guy who organized the exhibition, and he says that this group showed that it can work, and that beginning next year he plans to offer two week round trip excursions to Mount Everest using the Xenon gas, cutting the typical time needed to scale the mountain by several weeks.
Speaker 4: And you know what he's going to do.
Speaker 1: That he's going to make an s ton of money right out of the gate, and people are gonna die.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, even if he ends up pulling bodies off of that mountain.
Speaker 4: He's gonna bee, He's.
Speaker 1: Not gonna pull him off. You just leave him up there. That's all you can do.
Speaker 2: So Furtenbach says that that summit took less than three days, which was one of the fastest times for a group that had not actually acclimatized on the mountain itself. The record goes to, thankfully, a sherpa who did it in just under eleven hours. What was that guy running eleven hours? Lak Pa Gelu is one of the sherpas that supposedly holds the record for that eleven hour climb. But the rapid climb by this British group and the use of the xenon has caught the eye of the Nepalese government. They are potentially looking at regular I mean, they regulate who goes in and out of Everest, and the Nepalese government may do what they can to prevent tourists like that from doing things like that.
Speaker 1: I wonder also, and I don't know because I'm not in any of the online forums with master climbers, but if it's kind of like an asterisk climb, if you use xenon gas, jury still out A lot of people don't believe it does anything. It could be to your detriment. It could help you out. But is that like a Barry Bond's home run record situation where it's like, oh, to use the xenon gap, then you didn't really climb Everest, right, Like there's got to be an ever purest population that's just like no, unless you do it the right way and do it the way that you should do it and acclimate and all the things, you're not really doing it.
Speaker 4: Well. He I mean, you made a great point.
Speaker 2: This is one of the luxuries of having disposable income like this, where you can spend ten weeks in a hypoxic tent. Yeah, and then pay an anesthesiologist to infuse your.
Speaker 4: Mask with xenon gas.
Speaker 1: Another ask, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: He claims.
Speaker 2: Again, Furtenbach claims that they still used shirpas, which is a requirement based on the Nepalese government, that shorter times on the mountain were safer because it reduces the chance that the climbers would be exposed to other health threats, things like avalanches or the hypothermia or the very common fall on Everest. And he said if the World Anti Doping Agency, which I guess has somehow has say over this. If they do prohibit it, it wouldn't apply to mountaineering because it's not a regulated competitive sport, but that they may take may make xenon gas illegal when it comes to other sporting competitions.
Speaker 1: So, well, look at that? Would you look at that? It is noon o'clock? Well nearly. Can you believe we're already at noon?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, it feels like it's been a while.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I feel like the day is flying by.
Speaker 4: Who's that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry? That was you? You know, I give you a.
Speaker 1: Week off almost I appreciate from me, thank you? And this is and this is how you have So for.
Speaker 4: All of the R and R race next week, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: So work on being a little bit more fake.
Speaker 4: I'll see what I can do.
Speaker 2: You missed any part of our show, go back and check out the podcast to make sure that you sign up. Oh and our weekend gas Weekend Fix got some pretty rave reviews over the weekend.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we recorded it right after the News and Bruise at Bravery Brewing.
Speaker 1: It's alleged rave reviews.
Speaker 4: You speak of fday people.
Speaker 2: I know people I know people who listen to it. Uh huh yeah, right, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Right? Okay, go back and check out the podcast.
Speaker 2: Just anywhere you find your podcast, just type in Gary and Shannon and you will see our podcast populate right there in front of you.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app