Speaker 1: We continue on Fred Rogan Rodney peaked on a five to seventy LA Sports. We are not going to Milwaukee to talk to David Vasse. We were going to go, but we're not going to go because restraints, because Dave had other things to do. Yes, he's a busy man. He's a busy man. He doesn't have time on the road. He's on the road. It's time constraints when you're in a different time zone as well. Well you could say that, or you could just say, well, he had to go do something else. So anyway, obviously we were not important enough. He had to go stop it, stop it. No, No, I think that he was on a schedule. You know, David is very busy man. He's on a schedule, worked for like eighteen different networks, and he's got to do his thing. And we were slotted and we went a little bit long. And this give David to benefit of doubt. They tried to squeeze us in and didn't work out. You know what, I think we should be the priority. I don't think we should be squeezed in. I think he should just be so excited to come on with his barbecue brother that it's overwhelming. That's what I think is business. Sometimes.
Speaker 2: You know, you say the barbecue starts at one, you know, and all of a sudden, the barbara.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what I mean. I might be a little bit late, but I may not make the barbecue right. All right, So we're gonna move on and uh talk about something that we've been giggling about for a good period of time. We touched on it yesterday as a matter of fact, the infamous gondola. Do you know that it's mind boggling and I have no idea how this happened. You know, the gondola is now clear to hurdle. Yes, the gondola is clear to hurdle. Universally. Nobody wants the gondola. Nobody wants the gondola. Well, I don't know, Fred, I don't know. Based on this what you're about to read. You got some proponents. No, there's the proponents of the gondola. And it's a good thing. Yeah, I think the proof Yeah, and you know, I actually think this is politics. Now. Nobody in Korea town wants the gondola. Nobody wants that thing flying over its its house or by its window. Nobody, but apparently it has cleared its first hurdle. That doesn't mean it's home free, that doesn't mean it's in the books. But Rodney, as you read it, and I read it as well, I think the gondola has now got an outside shot at happening. It's got some momentum. It's got some momentum because it's you know what do they keep clamoring to zero emissions, Fred, the gondola zero emissions, So we're not going to put gas and toxins in your air. Zero emissions. We are efficient. That's why it's kind of hit this first hurdle is because it's safe, Fred, it's safe. The gondola is safe. Well, not to mention, you know, I'm not saying that the people are not gonna do you know, look you lose like you said, they're gonna be dry. You know, the gano is gonna go over your apartment and look inside your windows like you mentioned. Because that's still very well may happen. But efficiency wise, zero emissions. Don't they have the people mover at Disneyland. There were those cars that went all the way across the park. Yes, all right, So maybe if the gondola is such a good idea, Why don't we just build those all over southern California. Just have these people movers in the sky and there will be zero emissions. I would love that, though, I really would. They should have done that years ago when they figured out how to do that at Disneyland. They should have did that all over Los Angeles, especially from downtown to the valley to Orange County or even not necessary mensanily Orange County, but maybe Long Beach to Lax that you're able to use these people movers and build them around the city. Those people movers have been there for years, Fred, why not figure a way to do that around LA So you're suggesting that they put up a series of these people mover cause yes, they're like ski lifts ski lifts? Why not? If I'm look, how hard is it when you you travel? You travel? Fred? You do you like to go places? You're a world traveler, you're a United States traveler. You just went to eighteen million different ballparks in this country. You had to fly out of Lax if you go if you're live in the valley and now you're in Palm Spring, but you were in the valley. If you couldn't go from Burbank, which which is an easy airport, which I love Burbank, big shout out to the Burbank. Bob Hope Airport is great and convenient to get out of, by the way, the best airport, the best airport. Love it. But if you happen to have to go out of Lax when you want to just jump on a people mover, just jump on like that that local area wherever you are. You go down, you drive a couple of blocks and there's that people people mover station. You jump on that bad boy and with your bags and you just jump on and you're right there at Lax Terminal three. Here you go, terminal four, Here you go. So you're gonna p on it, get off. You're gonna ride a people mover. Yes, from from Studio City, Yes to Lax. Yes, I do it in a heartbeat for get there in twenty minute.
Speaker 2: As someone who has a decently long commute every single day to and Front, I would if I can find a way to hop on a people mover from somewhere in the South Bay to get to Burbank and back, I'd park Mart cars somewhere and take a people mover for an hour.
Speaker 1: I absolutely absolutely do that. I would go to the airport every single time I'm in in the Valley and Sino area. I would go from the valley to the lax and a heartbeat in the people mover.
Speaker 2: And it's not that difficult if you think about it, just have a couple of hub stops.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, what do you mean it's not that it's not that difficult. Do you know what it would take to build that people.
Speaker 2: Mover to a dome? I would go into people mover the content. First of all, it's been done. There are many different countries that have a system like that. I'm not saying that it will be cheap and that it will be easy to do, but it will be so much simpler for people complaining about traffic.
Speaker 1: It would solve in a major way a lot of traffic. Yeah. Absolutely, If you have a trip to the airport, or you're going to games on Sundays, or you're going to the Clipper games at the into a Dome and you live in downtown LA, or you live in the Valley and you saying, Okay, I'm going to the Clipper game tonight and there is a people mover going from Studio City to the into it Dome and back. You're not jumping on that people mover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you live in north Ridge and you want to go to the Dodger game, they drop you off and downtown at Union Station and you take the Union Station bus to Dodger Stadium. Many people would do that.
Speaker 1: I'm saying because this is absurd.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, come on, really, this is a bad idea.
Speaker 1: The cost. How are you going to build these giant cars all over southern California. You're going to a different direction. We talked about would people use it? Right, people utilize it. That's what we started with.
Speaker 2: You said would people do it? And you said, Rodney, would you do that? And r I was like, yeah, I'd do it, and nothing more. I thought about it on a thousand percent do it? Okay, probably not right now, but I would do it if they did.
Speaker 1: All right, So you're telling me that you could take the people mover, example, from Sherman Oaks to Malibu. Yes, you would do that. Yes, you would never drive again. If I'm going to lunch at Malibu, I'm going to spend the day in Malibu, you know, at the beach or whatever. I'm going to hang out in Malibu. Absolutely I would, and I can get there in twenty minutes, as opposed to taking an hour and a half on a on a weekend to get to Malibu in the summertime.
Speaker 2: Why would Why wouldn't you, Fred, I guess is the question you really.
Speaker 1: Want to know? Why? Why I'm terrified of heights.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, there's a certain sect of the population that I'm sure that would affect.
Speaker 1: Well, you're not one hundred You're not one hundred miles up in the Aye and the air, Fred, You're just a little bit above the freeway, or you're above the road. You're not going on a damn Colossus roller coaster to get there. I don't like heights. I don't. Heights freaked me out. You fly.
Speaker 2: Higher than any of these people moving, I know, But.
Speaker 1: For whatever reason, in the plane I feel safe. It's like I cannot look out a window of a tall building. I can't go like you go in. Yet you go into tall buildings, I do. You always say to me, And you've said this, have you ever been to the Grand Canyon? We're both from Arizona. You've ever been to the Grand Canyon? And I say no? When you go why? And I say because it's a giant hole, and I don't need to see it. The truth of the matter is, I can't stand at the top of the Grand Canyon and look down.
Speaker 2: Even from fifty hundred feet away, knowing you're not close to the actual edge of the.
Speaker 1: Canyon, close to the edge, or I will feel close to the Grand Canyon and not be close to the edge. You can visit it in different ways. Absolutely, you can visit it going all the way down and not even seeing the bottom until you get there. Yeah. But then if you go to the Grand Canyon and you don't see the bottom, then did you go to the Grand Canyon. It's like an ad But I'm saying you can do it without like looking over the edge, Fred, as you go down. Yeah, but then but then you can't see the canyon. I want to give you an example.
Speaker 2: Kyne's pretty massive. Fred, I'm sure you can't. As someone who went there and did not go all the way to the edge, I think I saw a lot.
Speaker 3: Fred Rogan's having a real Larry David moment.
Speaker 1: I don't need it now, I'm telling you the truth. You can fly helicopter into the canyon, is right. I don't want to do that mule into the canyon. There for it. I'm not doing it, can I tell you? Can I tell you the most because it got me think of the Grand Canyon, the most over hyped thing I have witnessed in my time on Earth, the most overhyped thing. All right. So the Olympics are in Athens and we go in a year early, and we decide we're going to do all these preview stories for our special, which they stopped doing. Okay, but we're in Greece and we're going to tell the story of Greece. And the producer says to me, we are going to the ruins, the ruins at the Parthenon and all that, right, the Ruins, Yeah, all right? So I said, oh, this will be great. I mean, this is huge. I've heard of the ruins. It's historical. You know, it's going to be it's going to be something. And we're going to get there. We're going to videotape it, we're going to put together. It's this story. It's going to be great. I said, how far are the ruins and the guy says, the ruins are three hours from where we're at. I went, oh, all right, Now, I said, how do we get to the ruins, we're going to drive good. So we start driving, and let me tell you something. We are driving on a road which is very narrow up with no guardrail. So what am I now facing my fear of heights as we are hugging the road to get to the ruins. So the more we drive them, we're sick. I'm getting but I'm not telling anybody that. I'm just trying to be cool because we're going to the ruins, and of course this is what everybody wants to see. It takes us three hours to drive on this road where I think, at any moment, oh my god, the car is going to go over the edge because I'm terrified of heights so much so that I now lay down in the back and I'm not even looking out the window. And I tell them, when we get there, you let me know, all right. So the ground levels off, I can feel it. And now we have arrived at the ruins. We've driven up this road. There's no guard rail. It's been a three hour ride and at times the road was windy, but we've made it. I am still in the back. They said we're here. I get up. I look outside. We're looking for the ruins. Now this is where we're at. I said, where are the ruins. We've driven three hours. Where are the ruins? And I said, well, they're right there. And I look, and I guess that was a true definition of ruins. They were like little piles of rocks. They weren't buildings, they weren't structures that had eroded over the years. They were the rocks that were left from the structures eroding over the years. And I said, you drove me here three hours up that road to look at a pile of rocks. Is that what you did? Because that's all I'm seeing. How are we supposed to make anything out of this? There are little piles of rocks, And they go, well, that's it, these are the ruins. I said, well, find if these are the ruins that we'd drove three hours to capture little piles of rocks. I said, we could have gone down the street from the Marriatte Hotel in Athens, stood on the corner and shot those rocks and said they were the ruins, and we wouldn't have had to drive three hours to get here up this mountain where I was terrified. They go, well, what do you want to do, I said, you guys, do whatever you want to do. You want to shoot the little piles of rocks. You knocked yourself out, I said, But I want to get out of here as quickly as possible. We must have spent forty five seconds at the ruins after driving three hours, and then back down that hill for three hours till we got back to the hotel in Athens. That was the most overhyped thing I think I have ever experienced. The ruins little piles of rocks, Rodney. If we went down to Ventura Boulevard, down to Ventura Boulevard and found an empty lot and put seven rocks in a pile, that's what it looked like. That's what it looked like. I will say, Fred, I can only first of all, I can only imagine what you were like on that ride. And then I can only imagine what you were like once you got to the destination of the ruins and what you said. You said it calmly, in this in this report that you just gave us. But I can only imagine in the moment what you said. These are the mother ruins you talking about it. We drove three mother hours to get to and you telling me we're gonna look at these mock rocks and that's all you got. And this trip to Athens where it's one hundred degrees out rocks and the ruins mate ever going again? I mean that that had to be you be you, But I was say, Fred, you probably got the wrong guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're a tour tour guy.
Speaker 1: Should have been fired. Yeah, there are so many I gotta go. There's so many great places in Greece that you get n at, especially that you could go see that are not just rocks. I've been there, and I know because I've I've been to several places that were incredible that I had with you know, withstood the test of time and wind and earthquakes and storms and history and all of those things. And you got the wrong guy. You got the wrong guy that took you to the wrong spot.
Speaker 3: Fred, I have a question for you. Yeah, did you nap on the way back?
Speaker 1: No? I did not nap. I've got to.
Speaker 3: Imagine that must have been the longest three hours of your life.
Speaker 1: I was. I was so miserable. It was just so incredibly annoying because it all goes back to my how many of you went Fred how many people went? Four? Four people? So you went to go shoot it. It was you and the produce by the cameraman and somebody camera, somebody else. The four of you went. And were they disappointed as you were? No, because they of course thought, well, we're going to shoot the ruins. Now. I don't know if they really knew what it was. And I even said to the producer Charlie Rosine, is this did you know this is what it was? Did you know that it was just piles of rocks? And he goes, well, I'm not sure. I said, what do you mean you're not sure? You are or you're not? Did you know we drove three hours to shoot piles of rocks? And he goes, yes, yes, Well why are we here? Why did we go here? Well, you know, it's it's nothing, it's nothing. We can't do anything with it. What are we How are we going to produce this one pile of rocks to another? What is the con accept of this? He goes, why, you know, I just thought it's like one of those writing you know, I just I just I just thought it would be cool to go. Somebody told me about the ruins, and we're gonna go here. There's a cute girl, the cute girl in the travel department that said that you go see these ruins, and I took her up on it. That's how it works, the ruins. All right, you know what, damn it. We don't have time today. You know what I'm gonna do tomorrow? No, oh, tomorrow. We're chargers, Yes we are, Yes, okay, I just want to say later this week. Do you see what I have in my hand? Can you see what I have in my hand? Do you see this?
Speaker 2: Those are historical arm effects riding from Fred might losing picking those never know.
Speaker 1: You got him sent to you. There's an envelope. There's an envelope of the other rock and of the ruins. This I'm teasing it two days early, Kevin, because we can't do it tomorrow. This is the letter from the prisoner. Remember I told you there was someone in jail. Prisoner, Yes, that's been contacting you. Yes, we somehow got my number and kept calling me, and I said, no, I can't listen to all this. You have to send me a letter. I have the letter from the prison. It has arrived. Have you read it. You're gonna read it on air first time. I okay, to be fair, I looked at it earlier today. I did look at it, and he has some grievances, a lot of them, a lot of them. Like he was he was arrested for something that he didn't do, and then they said bail. But because the sheriff's bail was basically nothing, but because the sheriff's department didn't get him to his bail hearing on time, it was the thirty thousand dollars and because of that aid to go to jail. I mean, it's that kind of stuff. Oh well, I get a Discovery channel locked up. Here we go, here we go, the mayor of Kingstown. Guess what we're gonna call you for it? So Thursday, Yeah, Thursday, No, Wednesday, Wednesday. Wednesday, Thursday will read the lasday when we're at Charger Land Tomorrow we're at charger which is Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Well all right, Thursday and Thursday. Uh now that might be a bonus content podcast. So if you want to make that up a bonus content podcast exclusive because the Doctor is a play Milwaukee in a day.
Speaker 1: Exactly, we got a time different situations. We're off Thursday, so it'd either be ye.
Speaker 2: Friday, on the show or podcast exclusive it all right?
Speaker 1: What we'll do Thursday will do a podcast exclusive the letter from the Prisoner, perfect, and then if it if we think it worked, then Friday we'll come back and do it on the air. Done all right? You know what, I'm gonna open it right now. I don't care. I'm gonna open it. Let's see. Uh. It gives me hope for change and awareness, creates security for my safe if you know what I mean. If you know what I mean, that's all I'm saying. Oh, well, we're talking about a prisoner, so we should have a word from Jacob. Wait a minute, Rodney, did you try to cut me off? Did you try to cut me off? Did you? I think you did? Kevin? Is that not true? Did he try to cut me off? Yes? Or no? I don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: You know, Fred, tell you something, Fred, I wasn't looking.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Fred.
Speaker 3: If it weren't for the Jacob Spot, you wouldn't be talking right now.
Speaker 1: I tried, you tried to vic me? You did. I don't think I didn't see that. I did. Hey, listen, if you're riding in the back seat and injured in an Uber or lift accident. It is completely different than a normal wreck. Yeah, you're drivers covered by Uber or Lyft, so not only are you dealing with the other person's insurance, to speak with a ride share company's insurance as well. Just do the rest, Just go ahead, you're right. Yeah, you don't want to deal with this on your own. You're you're a third wheel in this situation. The insurance company just want to give you a quick payment, so you go away. You need an expert, and our friend Jacob is the expert when it comes to handling Uber and Lyft accident cases. Years ago, Jacob and his team took on these cases before any other attorneys. Jacob understands all the nuances involved in these particular accidents. So if you're injured in any type of right share accident, you need to call an attorney who is respected. Call Jacob. He's the real deal. Eight four to four twenty four Jacob. That's eight four to four twenty four Jacob, or visit Calledjacob dot com and make sure you're following. Called Jacob on Instagram and Facebook for prizes, insight and a lot more. How dare you try to victim and then you two running. You did that to me, you vict me one time. I had to come back at you, did I vic you? Yes, you did well? You deserved him did I probably did, but still did. Right on, come on, just keep it moving. On a a Tuesday. It feels like a Friday because it seems like we don't care, but we do. It is Tuesday, Rodney Pete, Fred Rogan, let's go, Freddy, come on. We can't fool around. We gotta get vicar on here, come on the daily, Hai Coon, welcome in. Victor Breck victed afternoon. He has a fear of heights. Oh no, Fred Rogan, Hi, vic don't look down Gondola.
Speaker 4: No, he shows no fear.
Speaker 1: Rodney Peach none, vict none, no fear, Baby, no fear.
Speaker 4: Betp his baby Warrior s baby, Oh, Kevin Fagin I kim on Nah and his songs inspire takes us through the full gamut of emotions.
Speaker 3: Rodney Foster from Dojo, It's King Flavor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys know how much I love Mooky Mooky, Mooky Mooky. What an amazing game last night. So Mooky misses what close to two months with the broken hand. It's his first home run since June the sixth and Moki says, I've got your rehab assignment right here, right right.
Speaker 1: What he said is that what he said? Absolutely what he said.
Speaker 4: I mean that two much shot of parothum. And he does it under you know, not just physical limitations, because let's face it, he's got more healing to do in the hand. Even though he looks back, he looks fantastic, but emotionally, you know, with that crazy haunted hotel, that Fister Hotel in Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: He had to go to the hotel. Have you been in their hope? Never been to Milwaukee and knowing about the Fister I used to be. I played in Milwaukee several times, actually playing Green Bay where they used to have games in Milwaukee every year, and twice I played in Milwaukee and never knew about the Fister Hotel and the haunted situation. Never knew.
Speaker 4: Well, Mookey is sensitive to the spirits.
Speaker 1: That's cool. I guess that's what it takes. Man.
Speaker 4: What just a sensational game again, you guys touched upon it defensive.
Speaker 1: That's what you get. You jumped off on me, That's what you get with me. That's right. I apologize. We have Dodger tickets for the game August twentieth against Seattle eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Rodney would call her number number seven, Fred, number seven. All right, come on, come on, come on, come on Tuesday. Let's keep it flowing. Time is running out, Rodney, bet Fred Rogan, Victor brig tickets. Come on, Vic, Hey, Kevin? Who won the tickets? Do we know? Ronnie? Do you know who won? You know? We don't?
Speaker 2: Sorry about that, Fred, Yes, Kennon, Oxnard, Kennon.
Speaker 1: Let go Ken, good job? All right, Vic, go ahead, you know what that brings us?
Speaker 4: Too close to the source, Fred the first, As Mookie Mooky told h David Vasse last night, that was Dodger baseball. The Mookie home run sensational play off, the wall Otani San number thirty six stoles thirty third base Mooky singled in the show.
Speaker 1: Kerched a strong outing five and two thirds. The only one allowed was off of.
Speaker 4: Joe Kelly meltdown from El Mariachiay, yeah, count days.
Speaker 1: Hey, No one knew what that meant.
Speaker 4: Alex Vessia fellas the hell was that?
Speaker 1: Struck out the side man?
Speaker 4: Even two red bulls and oash Spanish.
Speaker 1: Red Bulls and what speaking Japanese.
Speaker 4: Oyo Cha Chaser and Vessia is good to go and Kopek the scoreless eighth.
Speaker 1: Are you just loving Michael Kopek? And are you loving oh Man? Give it up a copeck. Yeah, I got to got to give it up a copeck.
Speaker 4: And give it up for Flavor flav Ronnie hit me beg Jordan's Styles, GYMNASTICSSCO.
Speaker 1: Gilds Jordan's childs Child or Styles.
Speaker 4: Styles Jordan's fiasco.
Speaker 5: I am still upset Harry Styles as upset mm hmm. But Flavor flav says made Jordan a bronze clock to ease the pain of getting chaffed.
Speaker 2: That of the bronze, I'm sure. I'm sure that'll suffice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that's what you always wanted. Here.
Speaker 3: I found this clock at this yard sale.
Speaker 1: It's bronze. Take it. Jordan's America has your backs. They play did pay for old girl to kind of get to the Olympics and pay her bills and all that.
Speaker 2: So he was a major sponsor of the women's water polo team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which brings us back to the source.
Speaker 1: Fread Yeah, there you go. It's by Tae get Sue. Who Hey get Sue? T G I G E T S gets you? Hey get so get you? Yeah, this high cool.
Speaker 4: For you on this Tuesday, August the thirteenth, go something like this. Bathe in the still moonlight the temple. Here's the lotus buds burst into bloom tonight.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, moking. I'm feeling you. They get Sue, they get Sue. Here it is, yes, all right, Ronnie Gray job, thank you, Kevin terrific works always. And Rodney, we're down there tomorrow with the chargers. We are we are totally forgot almost Yeah, all right, let's get him. Let's go