Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on jr R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page brought to you by Coffin and Lynn Injury Attorneys. I'm sad to report that the F one desk is going to be closed for the next several weeks as there's another lengthy break in the F one season.
Speaker 1: We run the F one desk just like the football runs theirs, you know, and other stuff's going on.
Speaker 2: You gotta do what you gotta do, Away, Bulldog, I want to get to the I'm gonna say you gave the Colorado Buffalo some bulletin board material. But first, how about the Thursday night matchup? Last night' se Thursday Night?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Dallas Cowboys ended their two game losing streak last night. They beat the New York Football Giants twenty the fifteen. No big surprise there the Cowboys of beating the Giants now seven straight times. They played solid defense, the Giants couldn't score a touchdown. Meanwhile, Dak Press got through a couple of touchdow downs to lead Dallas to the victory. So big win for Dallas. They were getting a lot of criticism out there. They're now two in two big big NFL weekend obviously Philadelphia at Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a quality game.
Speaker 3: Eagles are actually favored on the road by two against the Buccaneers. The Buccaneers obviously did not play well last week when they got ripped by the Broncos, so we'll see what happens in that game. The Jaguars, of course, they are the biggest disappointment maybe in the NFL this season. They're oh and three. They have to go to Houston to play the Texans. Texans favored by six and a half. If they fall to oh and four and Trevor Lawrence doesn't play well, I don't know if they'll benching because of the big contract, but man, there's a there's an outcry of Jags fans up there who are not happy with Trevor Lawrence or Doug Peterson the head coach for that matter. It's gonna be interesting to see what happens if they go to oh to four. Will Seadkhan stick with Doug Peterson as the head coach? I mean, coaches have been fired mid season in the NFL before.
Speaker 1: It's funny you said Trevor and then you said the coach. They'll put it on the coach. They'll put it on Doug.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although although in the NFL players get a lot more blame.
Speaker 1: Yep, But he just signed that big contract, like you said, so they're gonna throw it on the coach.
Speaker 2: And then the Dolphins will have to wait till Monday night to see what kind of team shows up there in Miami as they host Tennessee and first of the double header there on Monday night. Again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mike McDaniel, the coach not saying who he's gonna start at quarterback. I don't know if he even knows who's starting a quarterback. You've got Skyler Thompson, who got hurt last week, but maybe he'll be ready.
Speaker 4: Then you have Tim Boyle.
Speaker 3: Then they signed Tyler Huntley off the Ravens practice squad last week. So if if I were the Dolphins, I'd start. I'd start Tim Boyle. He looked pretty good in relief of Skyler Thompson last week. Start Tim Boyle and if he didn't get the job done in the first half, go with the go with the Tyler.
Speaker 1: Hot Rod Huntley. Start the Cheetah. I'm telling you, just Tyreek Hilling. There's quarterback bitch singing's like it.
Speaker 4: I like it. That guy's thrown to himself.
Speaker 3: Hey, at least he at least he'd have the ball in his hands, which is something that Skyler Thompson couldn't do last week.
Speaker 2: Sunday Night game should be a cooker there, Buffalo at Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gonna be a really good game.
Speaker 4: The Ravens, even though they I think there, what are they?
Speaker 3: One and two? There's still a really good team. I'm actually looking forward to the Saints Falcons game this week. I believe you're gonna in Minnesota green Bay. Minnesota is undefeated with Sam Darnold as the quarterback. They're going to green Bay. Green Bay's actually favored in that game. But I'll tell you what, some of these quarterbacks who've been taking off the scrap heap, guys like Sam Darnold, Andy Dalton, even Baker Mayfield last year, these guys are performing were as these high prize quarterbacks like Deshaun Watson, Trevor Lawrence Tula. Some of these guys.
Speaker 4: Aren't performing very well. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: College football obviously the big game UCF Colorado.
Speaker 2: Talking about the bull the Bulldog here wrote, uh, it's it's it's a great piece in the Sentinel Bulldog, but I know that Prime is going to put that on there. The team's uh on the You're just you're basically saying, get out of the way, your Prime is over, your run is over.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I didn't say that. I just said that this is UCF chance to really step into the.
Speaker 4: Spot like, oh, no, I agree with you. I'm just saying it is it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is a huge opportunity for UCF again, Big twelve noon kickoff gonna be here. All eyes are gonna be on Coach Prime because everybody always likes to watch Coach Prime. That's what I said. UCF needs to steal the show. They need to steal the show tomorrow. Run the ball right down Colorado's throat. Colorado, of course, can throw the ball all over the place with Shador Sanders, who's like fifth in the nation and passing, but UCF is the number one rushing team in the league.
Speaker 4: I expect RJ. Harvey to go off. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, if they're able to control that ball on the ground and just keep the Colorado offense and give them less possessions. That's a great strategy. You got to get the first downs though, right, absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna have Gus Malzan on our show later today, so we'll ask him all about that.
Speaker 2: And they got that. They got the national spotlight on the Fox mother Ship at three point thirty two. So I mean it's our time to get back on the map and the conversation here nationally.
Speaker 4: Are we talking about getting a championship rings again? Just settled down there.
Speaker 3: Hey, if they win the Big twelve, they don't have to act like they belong in the place they would be in the playoffs exactly, exactly, No, No, those a fictional rings anymore. Orlando City? Where's Orlando City? They're at FC Dallas Saturday night. The Orlando Pride hosts the Houston Dash on Saturday night. Orlando City needs to get back on the winning track. The Pride, of course, are unbeaten NASCAR at Kansas Sunday afternoon, the first race of the next round of the playoffs. So I'm picking Kyle Larson.
Speaker 2: Is for you to go out on a limb like that is incredibly falls He dominated less incredibly ballsy final weekend of the regular season for Major League Baseball before the playoffs, kicking the gear that's right.
Speaker 4: Can't wait next week? Playoffs? Ye playoffs? Whyff?
Speaker 2: Real quick? We're going to talk more more college football in depth with Mark Daniels, who love the call tomorrow of the the UCF Night's game on AM seven ninety six ninety game. We' huddle up with him in the final hour of the show, talk lots more about the college weekend bulldog before we let you go. Who do you got in Georgia Alabama?
Speaker 4: That's a good one. Wow.
Speaker 3: I think even though Alabama's at home, Georgia's favored. I think I'm gonna go Georgia on that game. George's favored by two.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, there you going.
Speaker 2: You know I would have jumped Georgia and said that all day long, But after seeing their performance against Kentucky, I guess I have a few question marks, man, some with Alabama being home, I'm doing Bama.
Speaker 3: Bama's performance against us F. They were USF was in that game in the yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the true track say Alabama since their home Okay, in a close one.
Speaker 1: For the record, I had Bama two.
Speaker 3: By the way, do you see the chef yesterday, Scottie Chef, we're in the President's gup.
Speaker 1: Just rocked it. I'm sure like usual.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, the uh the golfer kim talking trash to him and the chef. The chef said afterwards, don't poke the bear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, baby buried all right.
Speaker 2: If you want to talk some more with the dog, you'll find him on adjacent tess on AM seven forty and FM ninety six ninety Game where you host Open Mike. Thank you dog for taking the time here on the sports page. Each morning on JR, I brought you by Kauffin and Lynd.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: You can listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff cop And every Saturday morning seven thirty on FM ninety six nine in the game. You can catch extended versions by searching your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 4: Ooh, Ooh, Miss the Lynch and Taco Show.
Speaker 1: Check out their daily podcasts on our free iHeartRadio ad downloaded for free at double j r r dot com.