Speaker 1: Hi, This is Carl Reiner working hard to promote his new book I Remember Me, and where better to promote it on The Doctor Sky Show. A doctor. He's a real doctor. I have never spoken to a doctor who interviews so brilliantly. It's because he's got a degree in what is it? Doctor?
Speaker 2: Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen, as we continue to move through time and space. Always great guests here on The Doctor Sky Show, and as you know, ladies and gentlemen, from time to time, we're honored by having celebrity guests from all different walks of life, and today is certainly no exception. Today the great Carl Reiner an American actor, film director, producer, writer, and comedian. He's won twelve Emmy Awards and one Grammy Award during his illustrious career. We have mister Reiner here and we're grateful for his time talking about his recently issued memoirs entitled I Remember Me. Spoks some fifty five chapters talking about his life and all the great people that he's come across in this most phenomenal life. Sir, welcome to the show. It's a privileged and honor to have you. You're ninety one years young, and from what I got out of your book, you're just raring to go for the next ninety one.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm trying.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, I caught me while I was tweeting. I love it. I got to read some of your tweets and tell us the tweets have become a pretty staple part.
Speaker 1: Of your life. You know it's not. I'm going to give you a first. I just tweeted this about five about four minutes ago. They're two new tweets. There's a seventy ninth new Reiner Dictionary word. I'm writing a new dictionary with new words. People's you know. The old dictionary is just you know, it's been done. So this new word is war tech synarctica. Wow, that's an arctic. It's a noun. It's the rare hemispheric condition caused by tornadoes spawned in divergent weather zones. Vartech synarctica.
Speaker 2: Oh that's interesting. And I followed your tweets so well, mister Ryner. The first one to tell you that I'm paying attention, as you know better is odd varc and you describe it as what an hard looking arc.
Speaker 1: Eighty two BC well, I got another one I just finished, and I don't know if this is Maybe you can help me. It's they decormative EECU the E c O r U MTIV decormative.
Speaker 2: Wow, you got me on that one.
Speaker 1: That's unsolicited advice given to a professional room designer.
Speaker 2: Decormative and very interesting book. Now when is that book possibly coming out?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't know. Before I got definitely nine. I think I have to do what is the unabridge dictionary thousands.
Speaker 2: One hundreds of web the webster is I'm just looking at the websites as one hundred.
Speaker 1: And fifty thousand entries, so one hundred and fifty thousand. So I'm like, I have to Oh, I have to last another year at least.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you will talking about I remember me. I mean, I find this fascinating. Fifty five chapters written from the hearts. Or I learned so much about you. I learned so much about your children, of course, Rob Annie Lucas, your lovely wife who sadly passed on as we all know, in two thousand and eight. But I got a salute you. There's sixty five years married and I'm sure still madly in love with us spell tell me a little bit about the origin of writing. I remember me well, you know.
Speaker 1: I had written a while ago, about a couple of years ago, I wrote a thing called My Anecdotal Life, where I decided I might want to write a bio. And then I said, I don't want to leave. I just wanted to still be funny. So I've picked out on particular stories that tickled me that were funny, mainly funny, and I finished with it. And then I realized, as I'm walking around the block every day, stories would pop into my head. I said, I got to put that down. I got to put that down. So I kept putting him down. I realized I had to do this, and I went, you know, the thing that really triggered me is I got a letter, and I think the first thing in the book is about my bar Mitzvah speech. I got a letter from this woman, missus Passarelli, and she said she found this little speech written in beautiful handwriting. My father was an engraverent and it was a bar Mitzvah speech she had done for her her son, and he had passed away with my age, and she found it. But she found my father's name on the back, and she said, you might like to have this, and I realized that it's the same speech I made a year before. He has written a little bar Mitzvahs speech for me, and that thoughted me going. I said, my god, that's the beginning. You know, today I'm a man, and I started.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you become a man. You know. It is Don just joining us, a living legend here in ninety one years young. As an American actor, film director, producer, writer, and comedian. He's won twelve Emmy Awards and one Grammy Award during his illustrious career that continues in force. We're talking with none other than Carl Reiner memoir I Remember Me, fifty five chapters this man. Of course, rocks and ladies and gentlemen were so privileged to have you. Mister Reyner, thank you for spending time with us today and talking all about your life. Let's start with your family, New York City. I'm a native New Yorker, myself born in Jamaica, Queens and you, obviously born in the Bronx, New York. Described to us your early days, your mom Bessie and Irving, your father a watchmaker, and so much more. He was an inventor too. I understand.
Speaker 1: Yes, Well, I saw my father every day of my life because he worked. He didn't like working in a jewelry story. The story worked and was under the l elevated train and they would rumble by and he would drop things. So I decided to work at home. Some of the time I was four or five years old, he was in our living room dining room. That's we had a three room apartment. He sat by a window and he did his work, and I came home from school every day and sat there. And some of the stories that my favorite story of all was when I was thirteen. I'm sitting on the couch and my father was a stoic. He never made any of the sound of annoyance or he never cursed. The most that ever came out and was disc diisk and they came out, that's what you did. And when I looked up that one two times I heard it. Once he had a screwdriver had pierced the flesh of his forefinger, right the tip of his forefinger, and all I heard was a had I looked up and he was thinking about how to get it out. I said, don't you pull it out? Pull it out. He's no, no, I pull it out. The thick end of the screwdriver rippmof flesh. So he cut the bottom, pulled it out with the thin pot, and the band of his finger went back to work. And that was the first. The second one was my favorite that I wrote about. He said he did the disk. I looked up and he's look at that, and I said, what is that? He said he was holding something between his thumb and forefinger. He says, it's a silver filling.
Speaker 2: That's oh, yeah, this is a good chapter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my tooth thirty eight years he said. I said, Paul, how could you know how long of silver filling is in your tooth? He said, this one I put in myself.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. He actually was like.
Speaker 1: Sixteen or eighteen years old. He was, and he lived in Share of It's Hungry, Poland, and he moved to Vienna when he was fourteen. I think he was already a master watchmaker. He had a seventeen or eighteen He had two molars that had needed filling. He went to a dentist and the dentist hurt him so badly, he said, ran out of the office, screamed with paint, paid the dentist, and he said the second one he was going to do himself. He bought a book. He bought a book on dentistry, found out how to make facets. He bought a book on a malcolms how to make silver and mercury filling. That's incredible, And he said, and I wouldn't hurt myself. He says, I drilled. I had all these little drills, and I stopped drilling when I felt pain. It took me a little longer, but he filled the filling.
Speaker 2: And an Irving Reiner a very inventive man. That's an amazing story. Carl. You know you also describe him as an inventor. I mean you were telling me off air that there's a lot of things that your father actually put together in a very inventive mind. Tell us a little bit about well, one of the things.
Speaker 1: Two of the things. I one of the things in my book. There's a book a picture of him playing the violin, and I entitled it Irving Shoots Irving playing Irving. The shooting Irving is the part that is what is that. Well, he did learn to play a violin by buying a violin when he was twenty years old. He admired the fact his brother took lessons when he was a kid, and he always said he's going to get a violin when he's twenty. He bought a violin for five hundred dollars that my granddaughter plays today, by the way, and he taught himself to play from a book. Again, he got to and did the same with a flute. He learned played it in the little orchestras around New York. And that was, you know, the beginning of his But now he has this picture of himself playing a violin. And what happened is that my father was always a photographer. When he was a kid, he made a pinhold camera for himself. He bought it the garatype kind of plate camera, know, a glass plate camera. When took pictures of my mother nursing my brother, which I have to this day, a hundred year old picture in glass. And he was a photographer. There was never any pictures of himself because he was always taking pictures of other people. He sat one day and figured out he's a watchmaker. He made a little device with a spring. He wound up a little device, put it on the camera, gave him one minute to get into place, and the camera clicked him taking he took a picture of himself. So there's her, and they weren't Irving shoots Irving playing Irving. My granddaughter played the violin. I saw a concert verse. She's wait, I'll be right with you. I got to get Irving. I said, who's Irving? She said, I call the violin Irving. She had a picture of a grandfather in the in the case playing that violent.
Speaker 2: Amazing story. Our special guest is Carl Reiner. Legends that I'm going a privilege, an honor to have him today talking about his memoirs, fifty five chapters of his life, great story, the book entitled I Remember Me, mister Reyner. I understand that your brother Charlie is credited for reading something in the New York Daily News about a free dramatic workshop by the WPA, and you show up and the rest is history. This is a path that changes always in life.
Speaker 1: I had the pleasure of going to Washington one year and when they gave me the mof Twain Prize and the Library of Congress asked me about how I got to be who I am, and I realized, you know now they say, get the government off, get the people off the government's back. It was the government that made me who I am today. My brother Charlie saw on the ad in the paper said, WPA the Works Progress Administration, Free acting lessons at one hundred Center Street, New York. I went down there and I enrolled seventeen years old, and I learned reading Shakespeare of things I had never done before. And that was the beginning of it. That was the government now and then and a year later the NYA Radio Workshop. I got twenty two dollars a month for doing three radio shows a month, announcing operas and you know, in concerts, and doing Archoblers stories and Norman Coleen plays on the air for twenty two dollars a month. The government paid actors to learn to act and to be actors. They paid painters to do murals of post offices. They paid, they paid the professional musicians to learn their craft. And as a matter of fact, when I was sixteen years old, the first play I ever saw a musical was The Mercado done by the WPA. In high school. It was thrilling to hear a small orchestra and a full cast of characters. All these people would have been out of work now they were getting an the money for subsistence. So I say, the government not only helped me, but I wouldn't be an actor who wasn't for the government.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a very interesting story, mister Reyner, because we don't ever really hear the details like you've given us today and shifting years in the short time we have with You're okay. The love of your life is still very talented, of course, and amazing story. You're about to tell us that I didn't know this until I read your memoirs. Of course, that she has the number four most memorable of all time movie lines. Of course, this most amazing line, which is quote one, I'll have what she's having when Harry met Sally. She's even the head of Humphrey Bogart with here's looking at you kid? Tell us about that. That's about Robbie.
Speaker 1: Robbie Ryanan was doing Harry met Sally in New York and he had this one line that Billy Crystal came up with, and he called his mother in California, said, may you got to come to New York. She says, why she's this one line? I want you to say? And that's his delicatest. And she says, rob there's one hundred actress in New York can do it. He's not like you, Bah, and that she did the line and the rest is history. There wasn't an airport we didn't go through. People used to yelled, I'll have what she's having. But you know, the interesting thing is he knew his mother could do it. His mother and my wife had a way of saying funny things very shortly. There's one I have in the book that I absolutely loved. When my son was eighteen and Annie, my daughter was sixteen, she was thinking what she wanted for her birthday, and Robbie said, why don't you get a nose yall like nose job like your friends did. They weren't getting pert little noses in Bethley. They were their sixteen birth I just wait a minute, wait a minute. My mother has a bigger nose than Annie. And look at the handsome guy she got. And Aelle said, yes, it's not the size of your nose that counts, it's what's in it. At the time I was doing the jerk with Steve Martin. I told him and he laughed. Ten years later he calls my house. Can I speak to Estelle? I what is it? I have to ask you something? He said, Estelle, you know that line? He said? Can I borrow it? He says, she's of course, what do you want to He was doing Sirino. He was doing rock sand Yeah, and there're Cirino using his cells launches facilities. If you news that counts, it's weel.
Speaker 2: That is funny. See, I never knew that. I mean, I remember Steve Martin in that particular movie. He's a lot of wonderful story call Reiner. I mean, this is an amazing journey your life. I mean, there's so limited time today to talk about so many of the things. But I got to ask you this. Of all the people that I read about in this book, your close friendship, your bond at the hip there between you and mel Brooks, I mean, I can't stop laughing every time I see that guy on teeth.
Speaker 1: Well, it's ongoing. We met in nineteen fifty and it's now twenty thirteen and in the last I don't know how many years. Why we see each other every day. He comes over every night, that's all television together, we have dinner together, we fall asleep no, he falls asleep. I don't fall asleep as much. On I said, wake up, wake up, something great on. We're watching Breaking Bad now and we just love it.
Speaker 2: We have It's amazing. I mean, mel is something you know. I'm obviously as a personal friend, but watching and seeing these movies when I was young, like blazing saddles. I mean I never laughed so hard, just hilarious, the slew of the.
Speaker 1: Funniest movies ever made, the producers blazing circles. I mean, it's just he broke it open for everybody to go crazy.
Speaker 2: Paul Reiner, You've been in a number of wonderful movies too. Another one that I enjoy and I'm going to promote here, and I'd love you to tell me a little bit behind the scenes story. The Russians Are Coming. The Russians Are Coming. Now here's one that I think is also a phenomenal movie.
Speaker 1: To say, well, I love being in that because when I did The Russians Are Coming, I hadn't acted for about five or six years, not seriously. I was producing and writing in The Dick Van Dyke Show for television, and at the very end of last year Norman Jewiston came to my house. He said, I got this project. I'd like you to be in it. And he offered be the role of the Russian, the Russian character in it, and I said, she I used to do that on the show shows, fake Russian accent. And I turned it down, and as a matter of fact, I'm glad I did, because I got the role of the lead. He came back again, he said, would you like to play the lead? And I had never played a lead in the movie. And it was the last two weeks of the show of Van Dyke Show and Persky and then of Bill Persky and Sandna took over for me, and I was able to go free and become an actre and put my tupe on again and become an actors And that was that was a thrill for me, going up to Mendosino County and just working with n with Evil Re Saint and Johnny Winters and the wonderful cast of people in that. It was just a thrill.
Speaker 2: Call Wrin in more recent movies than I'm sure a lot of folks the younger generation recognizes as the Great Ocean Series eleven, twelve, and thirteen, they know you. I'm sure as many.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I have to thank mister Wintrout for casting me in that, because now nobody would know who I am, because all of the good things I did with twenty thirty years ago. But Saul Bloom happened to the Ocean's eleven, twelve, and thirteen happened recently. So when I do go to story, young kids will say, oh, that's the guy from Oceans. They've kept me alive.
Speaker 2: Folks, an amazing moment here in our broadcast history. Here we're privileging on her to have Carl Reiner once again an American actor, film director, producer, writer, and comedian. He's won twelve Emmy Awards, have won Grammy Award during his career. He's kind enough to talk with us today about his new memoir, some fifty five chapters of Amazing Stories, that a gentleman simply entitled I Remember Me. We're speaking with him from his home in California. Mister Ryner, there's so many shows that you've been on, and I find in a short time that we have here. I just wanted you to talk a little bit about Dick Van Dyke, the show we had Rose Marie here about a month or two ago and goud Lusser. He's also a wonderful actress, as you know, and come to nowhere but talk about to Dick Van Dyke Show and Dick Van Dyke, well.
Speaker 1: The Dick van Dyke Show. After I did the Show of Shows, I was being offered shows to do with situation comedies and they weren't very good. To my wife and are infinite wisdom says, why don't you write one? And I don't, can't write that. And what I did is, I remember this is Zephore. Yesterday, I was riding home to Newshell in my car at the ninety sixth Street Eggres on the Franklin Bill and Roosevelt Drive, and I said to myself, Hey, Reiner, what piece of ground do you stand on nobody else stands on. I said, well, I live in Newshelle, I work in New York, and when I'm in New York, I work on a variety show and I talk about how it is at home with my wife and kids. When I get home, I talk about the show. I'll write about that. And I wrote a thing called Head of the Family, and it turned out to be a pretty good pilot, and peterel Offerd picked it up to he was going to finance it, and I realized, if I did a pilot and I was in it, I better have a bible. So that summer I wrote thirteen episodes of The of the Head of the Family. I did the pilot. It was okay. I did it with a very good actress Barbara Britton and Morty Gunty and Sylvia Miles. But it wasn't good enough and it didn't sell. So I went up about my business and I wrote a movie for Dar's Day called The Thrill of It Or. I was at Universal and I get a call from my agent, who was very bothered that he had thirteen episodes of what he considered might be a hit show on his desk just spawned and he called me in one day. He says, I've given this to Sheldon Lendon and Danny Thomas, who have a production company, and they want to see you. And I came up there and I said, gentlemen, I'm so pleased that you liked my material that I don't want to fail the same material twice. And Sheldon, I'll do a good impression of him right here. He says, Carl, you won't fail because we will get a better rector to play you, and he suggested Dick Van Dyke went to the house, saw him and bye by Bertie and found maybe the most talented actor. This man could do anything, anything at the drop of a hat. He can be fifteen different things.
Speaker 2: Mister Runny, you're so correct, and you know not to do a selfless promotion here, but in our area and across the country, of course, I watch every night here me TV with the Dick Van Dyke Show, the reruns, and also I'm interested to share with the audience. I thought you were a little promo there with the shut up metal was just absolutely so cool that we all watch here a wonderful show. And again, sir, we're so honored to have you here as our guest today talking about your life and this interesting memoir. And I understand that the memoir is now going to want Is it officially now out in book form? I remember me, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, it's out in book form, and it's all an e book. There's an e book where you can actually press buttons and hear me talk about my kids when they're on Fire Island Pictures. But that I took with my little eight milimeter camera and all kinds of things. And I didn't even know if this existed, but these two gentlemen came and a knee book out of my regular book. Oh I want a book. You can put it on a shelf. But they've got a book. You can put it in a nightpad or whatever they've called them.
Speaker 2: Right for the new technologies, Right you call these books. I guess amazing stuff, mister Reiner. You know I also find a bit of trivia here for Johnny Carson fans, and more specifically, the Tonight Show is incorrector that you're the only guests that have appeared with all of the hosts of the Tonight Show.
Speaker 1: And as a matter of fact, before this Tonight Show host, there was a guy called Jerry Lester. There were a few people before that. I appeared because I started in television in nineteen forty eight when there was an ABC was a little had one little office in a horse rink where they did the news, and I did a show called The Fashion Story where a girl named Marilyn da sang I was a comedy photographer and we di catches. While I was in a Broadway show called Inside Usaas to get in my cab and change in the cab and get on stage at eight o'clock Lowway, So that was very early television.
Speaker 2: You have some closing stories to share here. We've got about ten minutes before the top of the hour, and again, our very special guest is none other than Carl Reiner, an American actor, film director, producer, writer, and comedian. He's one legend to them in twelve Emmy Awards and one Grammy Award during his continuing career. He's ninety one years young and going back to his life. He's talking to us today about his new memoirs in book and e form. I remember me, mister Reiner, as we moved to the top of the hour here. I find it so fascinating you've been in the company of so many people. Heddy Lamar, tell me a little about her, because there's actually a funny story that you write in one of the chapters. You're trying to light her cigarette. You're both appearing on a game show.
Speaker 1: What happens from I was sitting next to on a game show. We were both panelists, both looking at the host I think was Bill Cullen, and I was being very gentlemanly. I was paying attention to the host, but I noticed in the corner of my eye that she was taking something out of a park book. I assumed she was going to light up a cigarette, and all of these people lit cigarettes. So I reached into my pocket without looking at her, took out a pack of matches, and I struck a match and held it under didn't even look at it. And she said, Carl, what are you trying to do? You're going to light my lozenge. She was putting a lozenge in her.
Speaker 2: Mouth, and you have a match lit underneath the.
Speaker 1: Held right before her finger to light my lozenge. It even has alliteration to it. You wanted to light my lozenge. She was, By the way, she was the single most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life. I've heard the story and we found out lady she was an inventor. The idea that that she came up with. She was actually a real inventor of mechanical devices and the cell phones and all the things we're using today. She has a pattern on a thing that was able to make all of this possible.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. I mean, never would have thought that such a person would even have any kind of I know, but it came.
Speaker 1: Out in the paper not too long ago.
Speaker 2: Mister Reiner, you've also described in your book, how do I say this, a very big, deep interest and fascination with Judy Garland. You describe a scene there in your memoirs that I think is also very prolific.
Speaker 1: Well, I just loved Judy Golf from the time I was thirteen years old. I saw her in a thing called Balbo. When she sang bal bow in us, I fell in love with it, literally fell in love with it. Every time I saw that quivering lip of his eyes. I mean, I was smitten. And then when I was thirty eight, thirty seven years old, she had a program called Celebrity Player Celebrity. She talked to celebrities, and I remember the two shows. Actually, I was on two shows with her, and I remember sitting with her one day and she said she was we were the exact same age. And I told her, by the way, how much I did love her, and I said, sure, I would have done anything to be your book friend. But she said, she said, thirty seven. We're both thirty seven. And then she's actually said these words to me. Isn't thirty seven a shitty age? Exactly where's that quarter? And I said why So she says, well, forty isn't a round number. Everybody says life begins at forty. He says, thirty eight is a nice round number. You're approaching a lovely age, but thirty seven is nowhere. And I said, She says in between, And I said, you know, in my first one of the first things, you sang a song to a picture of God Gable singing I'm just an in between, I says, you're again and in between.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so incredible and one of the most phenomenal movies leddiess. Gentlemen, George Burns, we would be remiss if we didn't, mister Hiner talk about him. You directed, Oh God. I mean, that was one of my favorite movies and still probably is what one of the great classics. George Burns talk about this relationship, I mean, just amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, I just love George Burns because, first of all, I all my life I watched him do without. He was the he's sweaty comedian in the history of the world. He never never sweated. He was so calm. And when I had him and O God, the two things I learned about him. He was the most professional man I'd ever met. He learned the whole script before he did it, so any day I wanted to change scenes, he was ready to do it. The other actors say, wait wait, I got to learn my lines. He was so perfect. But I must say one of the things I remember before I even used him. The first time I met him was with mel Bush and I were doing The two thousand year Old Man at parties and he was at a party and he with a cigar after we finished esus gham or an album and did you put this on an album? And we said no, He says, put it on an album or I'm going to steal it. And it was him, And as a matter of fact, it was Edward gery Robinson after it says, yeah, make a playout. I want to play the thousand year old Man on Broadway. I said, he's two thousand. I can play any age, he said. And it was evl who said, hey, fellas, take my He had a studio go World Pacific. He why don't you go there? Whale for a couple hours. And it was Steve Allen who actually made us put the two thousand year Old Man on record. But I remember that was George Burns was the one who suggested we put it on record.
Speaker 2: Mister Ryder has this amazing journey that you've shared with our audience here, and I'm really I want to salute you, sir for all the stories that you have in their most amazing life that continues positively, you know. And I say this, sir, with no apologies. I've talked to so many folks that are in their seventies and eighties, and you sound like you're just lot thirty five years old and very positive with energy, and I really do appreciate your time talking about this. I wanted to close, if it's okay by you, sir, just to read a quote and I think it's so apropos and if you could describe the quote and the quote, is this inviting people to laugh at you while you're laughing at yourself is a good thing to do. You may be the fool that you are, the fool in charge. I think it sums up so much.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, is I'm going to tell you something about that is I don't think it's ever been done before. You see that quote. That quote comes from my anecdotal life. I was looking in other books I've written. I look for a quote from you know, Mark Twain or d rush for Cole or Oscar Wilde or some well somebody, and I couldn't find a quote. So for antal laughing, I mean for my anecdotal life, I put that quote in my Anecdotal Life. You know where that quote comes from. Where's the book itself? I wrote that for the It's inside the book. Someplace has something I happen to write. So in that book, I quote myself. I says, and I said it, you know my dos a quote and at the bottom it says from my Anecdotal Life. I call Reiner. Now I've did another book and I quote myself, quoted myself from another book that I quoted myself.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure that you'll be continuing to continue on and tweet tweet, right, yes, yeah, it's Carl Reiner. Privilege and honor. I want to thank you, and if you're kind enough, sir, as we come to the top of the hour here, as you know, sir, in radio, we'd like to just have you hold on the line just for a moment off air. But ladies and gentlemen, a wonderful opportunity here to share the life, albeit a short interview, so much in the fifty five chapters that Carl Reiner, our special guest, is sharing with the world, his life continuing strong at ninety one. He just celebrated his ninety first birthday on March the twentieth, And Sir, in memory of your wonderful life of Stelle and a salute to your children, Rob, Annie and Lucas, I want to thank you, sir for being our special guest here on our radio show today. I'm Steve Kates, Doctor Sky. We'll be right back on the other side of the top of the hour with more and phenomenal guests. Thank you, mister Carl Reiner. Well, sir, I'm really I'm just flabbergast that I really Oh, I had a great time.
Speaker 1: You guys are terrific.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you and I you guy, you guy, you guys, you guys. I love it. Just wander and sir, if you might just do this little and you're the pro at this, I just wanted to ask in general terms, Doctor Sky, so something that would say, Hi, this is Carl Reiner, and just tell me a little bit about yourself, not thattting people don't know you and tell me the tie in with your book and maybe something that you know, and you're listening to the Doctor Sky Show