Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for ignition with the aaw Fat podcast team. And boy, we got a lot to talk about, so let's get right to it.
Speaker 2: This is Kelson and this is Alex and Okay, we've had about ten times on this podcast. Maybe where we've been we've opened up with AWWBDTV deal news, I think, but this one seems like the most I don't know what the word is, but close to actually happening. It seems like multiple sources are saying this is pretty much a done deal. Maybe the details need to be worked out still, and maybe in the next week or two we'll actually hear in real announcement. But yeah, if we can go through what has been reported, it's a four year deal with three years guarant ted and then a fourth year option. I don't know if anyone can confirm whose option it is, the aw's or is it WBDS. They spress up by it, so it's WBD gets to choose to pick up the fourth year.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that what it says?
Speaker 1: I not yet, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just says the three years and hey, everybody, this is WELF three years guaranteed plus option, So it doesn't really.
Speaker 2: Specify because yeah, like in the NBA, it's player option or team option. It's a big, big difference, you know, depending on who has the leverage in that fourth year, hopefully it's Aw's option. And then and then they've announced it to be on tn T, TBS and True TV, which I've never heard of, but I'm Canadian.
Speaker 4: So I've heard of it. I haven't watched it.
Speaker 5: Give me is the channel that Impractical Jokers, my favorite show on TV used to be at. By the way, this is Roland Hi.
Speaker 6: Hi Practical Jokers from.
Speaker 3: Yes, so True TV is pivoting to more of a sports oriented broadcast. You know, that's been kind of what they're they're aiming for, so this makes sense.
Speaker 5: And just for a Jokers moved over to from True True TV to TBS Practical Jokers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so True TV for anyway, I don't know if anybody watches e W programming via app. Just to give you a peace of mind, there is a True TV app just like the TVs app, just like the t n T app where you can stream the broadcast.
Speaker 2: M HM. So you have to download three separate apps, yes, sir, okay for TV.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 2: You don't want it on Fight TV on TV, yeah.
Speaker 4: I do, because that's where I watch all my stuff. I'm not gonna get three separate apps for three separate shows. I don't have cable either, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that makes sense. You don't have cable, then yeah, don't download the apps. But the apps don't cost money.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure that they're gonna come up with some kind of plan to get these shows accessible to Americans, Canadians, whatever you know, Europeans, South Americans.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. Yeah, it'll be interesting because yeah, like in Canada we have TSN, they have all the shows. You need the app to even watch them because Collision and Rampage aren't even on television for the most part, unless it's like in Canada. So yeah, I wonder if you know, are these things going to move move to Max in some form in international markets? That'll be interesting but also interesting.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. That wasn't me speaking, Oh never mind, go whoever was speaking?
Speaker 2: I think it was Rollins me.
Speaker 1: No, whoever was speaking.
Speaker 2: All right, I will continue. I was gonna say it's interesting that they there's some weird wording on this. It says tn T TBS and True TV twice per week. So if you read into that, could it mean that they're alternating from you know, TBS and True TV. You know, are we gonna have Collision on one channel one week and then another channel the next week.
Speaker 4: That wouldn't make sense to me.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. This is what I think. When you're looking at Collision. Let's let's just say that it stays on Saturday nights for now, okay, So when you look at Collision, you have One of the problems that we've run into with Collision is that when you have el e s from WWE or football games NBA games that are on the same time. And of course now the NBA game isn't going to be on on WBD anymore. But when you have something that takes up that time, they either preempt it, or they put it on earlier, or they use it, you know, they tape it on Wednesdays. Now with your TV, they can still do their live shows. So I think with True TV is going to be the show that steps in in case there's a something that preempts it. That's that's my whole thing what I think of with True TV. The other thing that they may do with True TV is they may show replays.
Speaker 4: That's right, Yeah, I could see that, but I see shock Wave going on there.
Speaker 1: Uh you know, so go ahead, go ahead, wolf real quick.
Speaker 3: Major part of this deal that is huge is it's being reported that WBD is dropping.
Speaker 6: The exclusivity clause, so that means.
Speaker 3: That aw can shop around to other networks, and there is I don't know if I suppose what you're leading to, Kelson, but Shockwave possibly going on f S one or Fox.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was saying, yeah, what do you have two nights a week on WBD, meaning TBST and T and TRU TV. I think what you're going to see is Collision probably staying on Saturday nights, although I think it would probably be better if they moved to Thursday night or something to that effect. But I think what you're going to see is Rampage being combined with either Collision, but most likely Dynamite on Wednesday night. So Dynamite is going to be a three hour show from now on. I really do feel that way, And that's where the two shows are coming in. And then, as Wolfe said, Shockwave is being shopped around and rumors and it's only rumors are saying that it's going to be on the Fox affiliate, which could be Fox FS one, you know whatever, so Fox Sports, Fox Sports. We just don't know what Shockwave is yet. I mean, is it a one hour show? Is it a two hour show?
Speaker 6: We've it's going to shock the wrestling world, Kelson, you.
Speaker 1: Think so, well, Well, the thing is is that I've seen people turn it around and say that Shockwaves should be a women's only show, which I think is as much as I love women's wrestling, having a show dedicated to women, or even a show dedicated to men only, is a monumental mistake because somebody decides not to watch, Say somebody doesn't watch Shockwave. If it's a women's show and women are no longer on Dynamite or Collision at all because they're on Shockwave, then nobody is going to know who WAW women are at all. So you've got to keep it the way it's set.
Speaker 4: Up, like, yeah, yeah, I think it needs to be fast action, leacher, libra, you know, fun names that are going to pop up that you won't normally see on AW.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Kelton, Well, let me throw out a question and wof I'll let you be the first answer it then you can say what you were going to say. My question is is that do you think maybe a Ring of Honors show?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think Ring of Honor is going to be kept separate, if not disbanded altogether. I think Shockwave is a good opportunity for AW to market to a different demo. It's got a fun name, and as MK just alluded to, you can feature a lot of your lucha's, you can feature a lot of your your kid friendly characters to really kind of tap into a new market, especially if you're going to enter.
Speaker 6: A new a new network right with the show.
Speaker 3: So I feel as though this is an opportunity to really they could really take advantage of that, and they can do a whole campaign, like a whole advertising campaign on this separate network, this new network that they're on. What AW is about, communicate the mission statement, really drive it home. Tell each characters, tell each tell the tell the stories of each character, introduce them formally in different campaigns. I think it's a that's my thought process like what Shockwave could be.
Speaker 5: So for me, it kind of depends, Like Kels, I think it was you Kelson I was talking about like combining Rampage with Dynamite. I think that's I think that's the only way this would work, because if you keep Rampage and Collision and Dynamite and you bring in Shockwave, I think that's just too much. Like we can already tell, Tony Kahan is having a bit of a hard time, you know, with the creative side when it comes to all three shows. It's like, to me, Rampage falls behind quite a bit from my perspective. So if any if for me, the only way it's gonna work is you can keep Dynamite in Collision, maybe absorb Rampage into Dynamite like you were suggesting Kelson, and then you can ringing Shockwave. But as of right now, if you keep all four, that's just too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yea Rampage needs Rampage needs to be absorbed into Shockwave and and then you know, if you want to sprinkle in a little bit of our wage people you know, have Athenia on there or whoever you say your name. I think she would be a spectacle for people to see, and she's fun to watch. But as I've spoken about, I think it needs to be a Saturday morning show just you know, kids are getting out of bed and ready to watch TV and it's something fun. I remember growing up watching rock and wrestling and stuff like that and having fun with it. Uh. And that was my introduction to Andre the Giant, Roddy Piper, all those people maybe going that route.
Speaker 1: I want to ask that a question. If Nut is here here, okay? Uh So with Shockwave being a third a W show, I mean, let's look at it realistically. Here. Could a W be following the pattern that WWE is on where using the patterned collision would be one show? Obviously Dynamite would be the other show Rampage as K had suggested, maybe going into the Shockwave thing. Would could you see Shockwave being a n XT type developmental brand net?
Speaker 7: I hadn't thought about it that way, I was. I was thinking of it more of the kid friendly version of a W that the lighter, fun, yeah, Saturday morning, let's all watch wrestling kind of version. I didn't. It didn't even cross my mind that it might be the developmental end of things.
Speaker 1: Well, you're kind of an agreement with MK.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, I agree with MK there that it seems like it's more it could be more of the introducing kids into wrestling, and especially since there were so many complaints about the pay per view, it seems like they need a softer version of things. So some things are not for everyone, and that could be the show that's not for everybody.
Speaker 4: I've just noticed Kelson that when I mentioned AUW, it's not really kids talking to me about I'm on the bus with kids. I work with kids, and I never heard kids really talk about AAW that much of them, So maybe it is a different gemographic they can tap into.
Speaker 1: Well, don't forget, the big demographic is eighteen to forty nine, So that's what they're going to try to tap into. With the eighteen to forty nine people watch a Saturday morning show. I doubt it, to be honest with you, I.
Speaker 8: Think they will have kids.
Speaker 6: Another thing too, pivoting real quick.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm trying to get all my shit in. AW recently held a match right before NFL football game and it really catered to the younger audience and it seemed to be a success.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That was on Sunday before the Jaguars home opener against the Cleveland Browns. It was Hologram and Sammy Gavara against the Beast Martos and Matt Tavan. That's partially because Tony Kahan like owns the Jaguars, and it's all they did that specific match because it was like Danish Heritage Day or something at the Jaggars game. I'm not sure the details of that, But in terms of the whole Saturday morning thing, I feel like, you know, I feel like that's the wrong time to do it because you got like ESPN College Game Day going on on Saturday mornings, You've got five Big Noon Saturday that's coming on, then you've got college football all day. I just don't think Saturday night is the right time.
Speaker 4: To do thatturday morning.
Speaker 5: No that I know. I'm saying like, even on Saturday mornings, you've got like ESPN College Game Day that starts at nine in the morning. You've got Fox Big Noon Kickoff that comes on around like eleven in the morning.
Speaker 2: So yeah, if they're putting it on that and they're doing it to appeal to kids who don't I don't know American kids. Maybe they love football as much as American adults.
Speaker 5: But now you know, well, I'm not understand that. I do understand what you guys are saying. I'm just giving a little bit much back of like, yeah, yeah, that's all basically.
Speaker 1: What Rollins to what Rollins is saying what he was talking about with the Saturday Morning and catering to kids. Yes, I mean, if you look the clips of the match at the Jaguars game, Uh, they really did cater to take cater to the kids, which was pretty interesting to see.
Speaker 3: Would have been nice if they were able to distribute it, like you know, tape it and air it.
Speaker 5: Even just like posted on their YouTube channel.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think they can do that though, yeah, because the WBB has that clause. But you know, maybe they will. I mean, it happened this past Sunday. Maybe they'll show this Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I'll don't forgid. You also have NFL licensing too.
Speaker 5: So that's true. But like they were able during the NFL Draft, they were able to show like Tony Kahan wearing the neck brace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it didn't have any AW logos on it. That's that's the point I mean, And it was a good talking point. And I'm sure, I am sure that Tony Kahan still had to go through a lot of hoops to get permission well before that happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and talking about the exclusivity deal with WBD maybe not being a thing anymore. With this new contract, hopefully that means either AW Dark, maybe AW Shockwave or Ring of Honor can escape and be a YouTube show that actually brings in new people.
Speaker 5: So let me yeah, So let me ask you guys this, because before WWE landed this new deal with Netflix, I thought they were gonna move Monday Night Raw at ESPN because of the partnership they have with the UFC, and the UFC does all their pay per views and stuff on ESPN, ABC and whatnot. Do you think that with this new like non exclusivity deal with WBD, as we've been talking about, do you think there's a chance AW programming shows up on ESPN.
Speaker 1: There's always a chance, But you know, I can't really say definitively yes or no, but I guess there's always a chance. Look, as I said earlier, I think the most important thing that AW can do right now is to make sure that all of their shows that they do air our live or at least as many as possible, because I think one of the biggest things that happens Rampage gets bad ratings because it's taped generally speaking, taped on Wednesdays and all the people do you read on Wednesday already know the results and people can just go online and look at spoilers and get the results. They need to make these shows live again. They have a lot of times where Collision has been taped, pre taped several days in advance, and people, look, you're not going to get people to watch. You're not going to watch a sporting event or a wrestling event where you already know who won. It's not going to happen. So that's going to help the ratings by doing live shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 9: So I got a couple of things to add here since I haven't added anything yet. But okay, So, first of all, Rampage was never designed to be anything more than the dark or show for them on on WBD.
Speaker 8: That was what they did Rampage four.
Speaker 9: They don't really care that much about Rampage because they hardly ever have any major matches on there. I think Shockwave is going to be the FS one show when they finally go to FS one. I don't think they're I don't think AW wants to try to cater to kids, because look at the last pay per view none of that would have come even close to being called catering to kids, And if you try to cater to kids, you're going to change your show way too much.
Speaker 8: No, they don't have the violence.
Speaker 9: So they do have some violence on collision in Dynamite, but I don't see them doing that because that would be so out of character and would change the product too much.
Speaker 1: I absolutely one hundred agree with you. Subtly, I agree because if you cater to kids and have actually ask kids to actively participate the fandom of a w ON using a show catering to kids to do so, then you are going to have to change the pay per views because those kids are going to see the paper, see those shows, expect to go and watch an aw pay per view, and then violence happens, real bloody violence, and that's it. The kids are going to be scarred. At one plus, the other thing I will say is that, and I've already said this too, but at bears repeating the demographic that AW in all wrestling shows and all TV shows go forty eighteen to forty nine demographic. Kids are not in the demographic that they're shooting for, so they eventually will grow up and be part of that demographic. But by the time that they grow up and are part of that demographic, they're going to be sleeping in and sleeping off Friday night dates and stuff like that. You know, they're drinking and the partying and whatnot. They're not going to wake up at eleven ten eleven in the morning and watch a two hour wrestling show.
Speaker 4: I disagree, not gonna happen.
Speaker 9: It's been tried another It's been tried in a WWE a long time ago. They did Saturday morning shows and they didn't work at all.
Speaker 8: For anything. They're just not gonna.
Speaker 9: Get them because kids don't wake up on Saturday morning wanting to watch wrestling. They wake up wanting to watch cartoons or something like that. They don't want to wake up and what's wrestling, And that would that would put such a burden on the scheduling that AW has because you know, Kelsen mentioned making sure more live shows than tape, which is a great idea, and I think that's something they definitely need to do. But you'd almost have to tape that show because you're gonna have It's just gonna be logistics of trying to get people in the position to do that show.
Speaker 8: It's just not gonna work out.
Speaker 9: And a lot of the places they would do, the venues, they're not gonna have that available time.
Speaker 8: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Let me add one other thing here. Wrestling has been around for how many years, Sudden, do you know, because it's been around this right, have we ever had a successful, any way successful morning show for wrestling.
Speaker 2: Nope, No, WWA, maybe not morning but like the twelve o'clock Superstars back in the early nineties, that's was my first introduction to wrestling.
Speaker 1: In the eighties, they WWE did buy time from Ted Turner to run a show at like the two o'clock hour on Saturdays on the superstation BBS at that lasted I believe two months before it got canceled because nobody watched a different market.
Speaker 6: You're in a different market.
Speaker 3: I think it was a huge I'm in the Northeast here, so WWF in the eighties, Saturday morning was king.
Speaker 1: It just was so.
Speaker 3: But in this day and age, Sudden, you make a great point, I don't know if it can sistained, Like you had said, WWE did try it recently in like the past ten years.
Speaker 4: Right, So thank you guys.
Speaker 6: Give kids enough credit.
Speaker 4: You act like they're fragile little things, and yet they're watching w WWE and I've went to live events and they're a main core the people cheering, and they they still have some some things that are violent. So I think it's a mistake to look at the youth and say we don't want you until you turn eighteen to target you. You got to at least try to get something going because these kids are going to aw events as well, but not as much as WWE. But but they're watching with their mom and dads when TV's on. Uh you know, Nett talks about watching with her daughter, and other people watch with their kids, So why not something once in a while that that caters to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with them, k because I like my first The first thing that really got me in wrestling was my grandpa showed me when I was probably eleven or twelve years old, the Undertaker versus mankind Hell in a cell match, and I thought wrestling was kind of lame before then, and then I saw these guys like killing each other and I was like, oh, this is great. And I know MJF had said that that was the first match he had seen that got him into wrestling, Like I think in a way, you know, edgy violence can bring kids in because it's more cool than you know, something that's more tame. It's more interesting, all right.
Speaker 1: So one other thing that I wanted to talk about was the deal is three years guaranteed for one hundred and seventy million dollars a year. Rumored. That is probably more than what they were expecting from the TV deal. But I also have to keep it by that that does not include Shockwave, and that does not include any kind of EVP or pl E streaming deal. They will get money for that as well, So this could be a very lucrative deal for a w I mean, just the one hundred and seventy million a year is going to make them profitable according to what I've read. Now, if you get a streaming deal on say Max, that is massive, and I think it's going to make a lot of people happy, especially since Max is free if you, for instance, if you belong to one or if you cellular providers give you Max for free when you're a customer. I know for a fact that if you buy a door Dash and you will plan right now, you get Max for free for a year. You know, so there are different things there that that can make an interesting and I'm interested to hear if people agree that. I mean, with all these pay per views that have that have popped up fifty dollars every month, practically is a little state for a lot of people. Uh, would you do you think that going to max is the right thing for AW to do with their pvps make of the pls?
Speaker 3: I think that As a fan, of course, right the fan wins. But as a business I'm actually surprised that pay per view isn't included in this one hundred, one hundred and seventy million deal because right now, as far as we know, AW is receiving seventy million each calendar year from WBD to produce television. Okay, roughly they're they're revenue for pay per view you have to account for international buys are roughly one hundred and forty thousand per month per pay per view on average, some fluctuate some or last summer.
Speaker 6: More depending on who's retiring that month.
Speaker 3: So they're if you crunch the numbers, it comes out to about fifty million per pay per view or excuse me, per year rather for the pay per view, so that leaves you within one hundred and seventy forty million to account for travel inflation, you know, inflation with costs travel lodge. I think they do still pay for lodge production. You know these things every year spike and price. It's just I can't fathom this one hundred and seventy million deal, not including pay per view distribution.
Speaker 6: But that is the rumor, and that is incredible.
Speaker 5: So I'll talk about more from my perspective, just as the fan, because I'm not as familiar as some of you are with the business side of it. So I bought the all Aim pay per view for fifty dollars and watch it live with a group of bites, and knowing that all Out was only a couple of weeks later, I decided I didn't want to spend the fifty dollars and watch all Out. Now I've heard since then that I should go and watch it. One of those people who has told me that is you Wolf. Haven't figured out I bake fan.
Speaker 4: Have I did the same thing. It's just like two advance, oh oh wait.
Speaker 5: But it's just so annoying because it's like I would have loved to have watched All Out, but I'm not paying fifty dollars within just a couple of weeks of each other for pay per views. And I get there are others streaming services out there, but me personally, I just am very skeptical when it comes to these like websites and stuff.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: But like if it were to go to Max, okay, that's different, because then I could go back and watch All Out from twenty twenty one for example, if I wanted to, or I could go back and watch Revolution from twenty twenty two because personally that was one of my favorite pay reviews of all time. So like, I think WWE in that sense has the right idea by putting their stuff on Peacock, because then that allows fans if they want to go back and watch you know, Russell Mayant thirty five or Royal Rumble twenty twenty one, if they want stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Well, Rolands, I mentioned this on our podcast last night, and that is that Max in free and it's an only France right now that they do this, but it has the entire aw catalog on Max in France right now. Okay, that thank you. It's on match right now, including All In I don't know fall Outs on there yet. I'm sure there's going to be a delay. But the fact is is that that's another great way of getting people to watch AW because they can easily access the library and find out the history of AW.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly, because like my first ever pay per view was All Out twenty twenty one, and I'd love to go be able to go back and watch that pay per view because, like you know, that steal Caage tag team match was unbelievable. Although personally my favorite match from that from that paper was m JF versus Chris Jericho with the dusty finish. I thought that was just not fantastic. So just throw that what Rollins?
Speaker 3: You watch pay per view, you pay for pay per view on television, you know you can go to Triller and you can actually buy the pay per view and have unlimited watches.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: See that's another one where I get skeptical because I've never used trailer.
Speaker 4: Triller is great, Fight TV is great.
Speaker 5: I use it.
Speaker 4: Uh Like like Rowlins was saying, I didn't I didn't buy all it.
Speaker 1: All out.
Speaker 4: I just wasn't gonna I get burned out. I got burned down on pay per views. Uh, but if we do, But if AW does Max, I think they need to need to cut the need to make r o H on there and people can have more access to it. Because you're asking people to make people pay to watch ROH. I don't think works as well when they could just hook up on there and wash it instead. Hm.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ano another thing to add, I think Wolf touched on it. But yeah, like if if this deal includes pay per views streaming on Max and it's one hundred and seventy million dollars, it's really not as good of a deal for AW and makes this not as much of a victory lap. And also I wonder if it did come to Max, it may not be included in a Max subscription. There still might be another fee on top of things, because I my understanding is UFC they have like their shows on ESPN or something, but they do charge extra money.
Speaker 10: That is perviews, right, That is correct out for UFC pay per view, you have to have an ESPN Plus subscription.
Speaker 5: Plus you have to pay eighty dollars to watch the pay per view live. Now. The good thing with the good thing with ESPN Plus is the pay per view will be available a few weeks later. For you to go back and watch, which is what I usually do. And I think that's one of the other problems with Collision being on Saturday nights. I know that UFC pay per views generally the main card starts around ten, but you have like the UFC prelims for pay per views, those start at around eight, So Collision is usually, I would say, directly in competition with the UFC.
Speaker 1: Well, they did say that the announcement of the WBDAW deal could be coming as early as next week, so at least we may get that part out of the way and we'll know something about that next week. But again, we probably won't know anything about Shockwave if it's not going to be a WBD you know, no, And we're not going to know anything about the pay per views being on Max if that's going to be a separate deal. So I think we still have a long way to go as far as wrapping this all the way up. But I think that the WBD an AWTV deal is a done deal. So does anybody have anything else did they want to add about the AWWBD TV deal rumor before we move on? All? Right, So I wanted to talk about the aw women's division, and it seems like they're going international. Give you some examples. Tony Storm is going to be facing Mayuatani for the IWGP Women's Championship that's coming up, I believe on October fifth. Don't hold me to that. Uh Sekla from Stardom posted a picture of herself holding a championship belt and a theater responded to that kind of interesting that she did that. Luca blog is reporting that three to five aw women might participate in the CMML Women's Grand Prix Tournament, which is like the G One in New Japan or the Continental Classic in aw or the Five Star in Stardom. Obviously, we saw last week Mariah May calling out for Mina Shirakawa, and then you had just Anna Ja going over to Stardom, and now she did a vignette this past week where she was basically talking toward Mercedes and Mariah May saying watch out for me. And you also have to keep in mind that Anna Jay has made some friends over at Stardom. She's had a relationship with a ZM or a Zumi and then there's Kaguma and Hina that she became buddy buddy with during her stay in stardom, So I think you're going to see a lot more international play with a w especially since on January fifth you have a wrestled Dynasty at the Tokyo Dome and you're going to have MLL and stardom and a W and Ring of Honor there. That's a lot of women and that could be a very very interesting show. So what do you guys think? What do you think of the international way that it seems that the aw womener going to be used.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited about Sorry, I'm really excited about maybe Ewatani. I don't think she hasn't been featured in any way in any of this stardom stuff, right, she wasn't part of the first Ring of Honor trios match.
Speaker 1: Kelson, No, she wasn't.
Speaker 2: M hm yeah, Like I've I've heard great things about her. I've saw her, I think fight Mina Shrikawa at a New Japan show a while back, maybe in the last year. Like, she's really talented. He's maybe one of the best women wrestlers in the world. So have they they said anything about where that match would be taking place? Is it in stardom?
Speaker 1: It is it is a startup match. Well, no, I'm sorry, it's a new Japan match. I believe I'm to be honest with you, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're right. Yeah, because it's not the stardom title, it's the new Japan's women's title, the IWGP. Yeah, so that makes it now.
Speaker 1: Now. One thing that I should add to this, well, hope. I don't know if you saw this, but Mayu with Tammy just this week, like a couple of days ago, said that she wants to come and wrestle in a w and I think that plays into this whole international thing that's going on with the AAW women. For sure, it's going to be. It's everybody's been saying that AW women's division is the best that it's ever been, which I agree with. Is it the best of the world. No, if you ask people, I run the Greatness of Wrestling uh sub reddit and I asked there and I and I'll say this, anybody that thinks that WWE and AW have the best women's divisions and wrestling have never watched started.
Speaker 3: But one thing to point out, I think it's fair to say that women's wrestling in general is the best that it's ever been.
Speaker 6: And sure speaking about the totality of the industry.
Speaker 3: So combining shows and doing these cross promotional uh uh, you know, CARDS is very smart. I like to talk as you get to know me, I really like to talk about the business aspect of wrestling. It's just find most interesting. So with that being said, you know, AW is just getting more exposure.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: Ultimately with these with these international partnerships, they can't you know, they're not going to be able to go up against the ww and they're not trying to. They're just trying to build working relationships around the world and that you know that falls within the vision of WBD. On their last business call that they had, they're pivoting. They're they're supplementing their NBA contract with more international programming. So AW is the perfect fit for that because they partner with cmlo start on New Japan.
Speaker 1: Have you well, well, if you will appreciate this, CML just celebrated it's ninety first anniversary. They are the oldest modern wrestling alliance in the world today and when they started partnering with AW, and AWS sent several of the wrestlers to cmled or Wrestle and Arena Mexico and CMOS come out and outright said that they are drawing with AW there they are drawing so much better than they ever did, you know, because they've been struggling and now AW has helped them get back to back on their feet.
Speaker 6: And it's a point of contention for some people and Conan.
Speaker 3: You know, who were in the business of just being grumpy. You know, ultimately AW is doing great things around the whole world. That's what it's coming. I mean, they're building these relationships. They're they're not they're even like sanctioning relationships between New Japan and cmm C MLL.
Speaker 6: So it's you love to say it, you really do.
Speaker 1: The one thing I.
Speaker 8: Would like that I think is necessary.
Speaker 9: I think the one thing is going to be necessary is that with all these new partnerships and working with these companies, AW has to get over the fact that they.
Speaker 8: Don't have to win every match.
Speaker 9: Yes, and they do that, like we've seen that with every Forbidden Door it's mostly AW people to win. They send you know, they've sent people out to other matches in other places and they get the wins.
Speaker 8: Come to AW folk.
Speaker 9: Uh, they just had the title that was she had the CMLL title. The one who won that, I can't remember who won it.
Speaker 1: Well, Nightingale had the title to zeus Okay, I couldn't remember.
Speaker 8: I couldn't remember who was.
Speaker 9: But you know, that was one of the first times that they've done that, and it's something.
Speaker 8: That's important because you know.
Speaker 9: It's they they need to foster these relationships, but they also have to say, hey, we're not just here for us. We want to make it better for everybody. So we're gonna have people win. We're gonna have you guys, like when they go to Tokyo Dome. That's gonna be a big deal because they always went at home. But are they gonna let are they gonna have good matches there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That mean that's definitely that's definitely a good point. And while I appreciate everything you guys are saying about the international side of it, and I do want them to keep developing those relationships, don't get me wrong, But by the same token, I kind of want AEW to focus internally on their own women's division because you have plenty of talented females throughout the roster. We've seen it like Will Nightingale and Chris Statlander, for example, just put on a hell of them Chicago Street Fight at all out. You brought in Mercedes Monette, who for me personally hadn't quite hit the mark like I thought she would. You got Britt Baker, although I don't know what's happened to her since all and she hasn't been around.
Speaker 1: Baker. Something's now on high alert.
Speaker 5: But I'm but I'm just coming up. Those are just a few of the names. But you mentioned like Anna j and Hikarushi, that Tony Storm, Mariah May. Again, these are just a few of the names. But like if we can get more women's programming, I'm not saying just to go back to the first discussion, I'm not saying that like Shockwave or Collision Rampage whatever needs to be a women's only show, but it's like we need I feel like you need to develop your own women's division a little more. If that all makes.
Speaker 3: Sense, I would agree with you maybe last year. I think they've made strides since just this year. I mean, you'll get that up and down the roster of the women's division. Each one of them have their own respective thing going on, and it's it's beautiful to see.
Speaker 1: Well, one thing Rowlins, and I will say to what your point was is that the way that you build aw's women's division is by having better women's wrestlers, and when you bring in wrestlers from particularly stardom, it's better for AW. It really is. I will stand by that. You know. I can't stress stress that, you know. So you see how popular Mina Shirakawa is an AAW. She's from Stardom and she's basically a mid carter at Stardom, but she's, you know, world champion contender in AW. That's how good stardom is. And if you get Startom over here work with AW, it makes aw's women better and that's building the women's division, right.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying like AW needs to cut off all their relationships with Stardom and any of these other companies. That's not at all what I'm saying. It just feels like you got and I get what you're saying Wolf that like you've got more of the women's developed division developed, But by the same token, it feels like they're just using the same wrestlers over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: You know what I would like to see more is the blending of the men and the women in angles. I think, you know, having them rub elbows and sharing screen time wuld would help with that significantly.
Speaker 5: You mean, like how Moxley and.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly Mari shaf Here. Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I remember Double Leaning into Double or Nothing. I think it might have been last year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but like Britt Baker was somewhat of a key piece in the feud between Chris Jared Cohen Adam Cole, Like why can't we Yep, you're right, that was last year's Double or Nothing, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think we all talked about it on this pod too. We all enjoyed it, I remember, correctly. It was it was the one one bright point of that entire angle. That match was horrific. We don't have to talk about it.
Speaker 6: But yeah, that's that's exactly what I was alluding to.
Speaker 3: I think just having the men and women, you know, together on screen running an angle is something that's lacking right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again, I mean, I've always been a proponent of having the women's tag team division, and I think it's time to pull the trigger on that, and maybe with Shockwave and if we get that show, we'll have two hours probably more of AW programming and that'll happen. So anyway, does anybody else have anything to say about the AW women's division and what they could do internationally to build Nope, all right, so let's go to our pot perice segment. Alex, is there anything that well, anything that just comes to mind when you're thinking about AW?
Speaker 2: Well, there was some. There was a news story recently about Megan the Stallion, and I gotta say I'm not super familiar with their music, but I do know she's maybe one of the more popular in the last year. I don't know if she's still as popular, but she's a popular musical artist. And she was supposedly going to come in and do something in AW with Mercedes Monet, like they have a relationship. But I guess it was kiboshed because wwe ended up using one of her songs for like NXT or something along those lines. So they had a relationship, and I guess it stopped whatever aw's plans were with Meganee Stallion. And what's interesting to me about that is we've seen, you know, we had the Jade Cargill bow Wow angle before and Megan Dee Stallion, I think is like ten steps more famous than bow Wow.
Speaker 1: I guess whatever happened to bow Wow anyway with I mean as far as that angle goes in and he just showed up and that he was just not there anymore.
Speaker 6: They canceled it right away because it went over like.
Speaker 2: And good on them. It was just so embarrassing they just needed to like stop it immediately and then the right call. So I respect that, but I also, you know, it also makes me question, uh, you know, Tony Kahan to me is maybe a guy that watches wrestling and only wrestling, and probably football as well, and probably soccer. But I don't think his like pop culture knowledge spreads much beyond there. And one of the reasons I believe that is because if you ever go to an ae W show, he doesn't shut up about Time Cop. It's like, the only movie this guy ever talks about is Time Cop. Like he'll he'll say, oh, we're filming Rampage so you get to see it in the future. It's just like Time Cop, only that's the only time travel movie that Tony Kahan knows is Time Cop.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to waste was Time Cop was that the one that Scorsese he directed, you know best pictured all that.
Speaker 2: No, it was Francis Okay, between Godfather one and two?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Godfather won time cop Godfather too.
Speaker 5: Has Tony Khan never heard of hot tab time machine.
Speaker 2: Back to the future?
Speaker 4: No, Yes, will pop up in my head of time traveling instead of hot tub time machine. But you know, this is why I think Tony has a little bit of the autism because he he he does think like that.
Speaker 1: Odikon has definitely heard Sundon of groundhog Day because that's what he books. Sometimes I was like, wait a minute, did we this last week, at the week before, at the week before? My god, we're stuck in a loop.
Speaker 9: Look there, there's there's there's a time and a place for all that. But I don't think Meghan the Style the Stallion is the one that they want to bring in because her music is is a younger generation music. But it's not that great. It's you know, woff and stuff like that. It's just not the RCE setting for a w period.
Speaker 8: I mean it's not.
Speaker 7: I disagree, Sudden. If you want young women to watch wrestling, you want Meghan the Stallion. So no, they they missed the ball. They missed it on this one.
Speaker 1: That Taylor Swift.
Speaker 7: No, not Taylor Swift, Oh my god, please.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 7: I think they missed out by not getting Megan the Stallion. I think it's a big loss if you if you want women, young women to watch wrestling, you want Megan thee Stallion, especially with the money like Mercedes Monette. So I think they they lost at this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. W W just got Baby Betal for their last one of their last paper views too, So man, they're sucking up all the all the.
Speaker 7: Good ones getting everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the only thing that's left is uh, I don't know. Ed Sheeran, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Well, we've got Fozzy, so we we we're we've got that.
Speaker 1: Going for it. Don't make me, don't make you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had they had the Costco TikTokers. I don't. I don't know. I know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I don't, maybe I culturally deficient here.
Speaker 6: Both, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is it wrong to want to see Hangman page versus that little kid in an unsanctioned next, No, it's not wrong.
Speaker 2: Justice is that his name?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I feel like I should answer that question. Yes, it's wrong.
Speaker 1: We all want to see it.
Speaker 8: We all lights out match, anything goes.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you have to leave the lights off because hag battles start a fire so that everything is well lit.
Speaker 8: What what is? What has today's society come to me?
Speaker 1: But I'm still trying to what the hell is? The cots go TikTokers.
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, I'm still out of touch.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Alex brought it up and then he just left.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just know they do. They go on TikTok, they go to Costco. I don't know if they review things in Costco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they review things in Costco. They talk about the good food there that they just do stupid stuff on Costco.
Speaker 8: What the hell is they got to do with a w.
Speaker 4: They were there?
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, Oh those guys you're talking about the that show?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was never again Tony con being out of touch or r J City whoever brought them in? Oh my god, I thought I literally wanted to grab Chris Jericho's baseball bet knock both of them out and then knock out Chris Jericho.
Speaker 9: But of course, hey, maybe they could put them in the Learning Tree.
Speaker 5: O god, I am the learning tree.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I'll tell you what. That is an expression I really really really don't ever want to hear again in my life. I guess what we're going to hear it tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: So I tied directly into my pot pourri, So I guess I'll just jump in the It's just funny to me that four years later we're revisiting this feud between Chris Jericho and Orange Cassidy and just now basically Jericho wants his seven thousand dollars for the suit that Orange Cassie dumbed Orange Juice on. I'm like, Jericho, why did you just ask for the seven thousand dollars like two weeks after the match. It's just funny to me that they're revisiting the feud.
Speaker 8: This is an example.
Speaker 9: This is an example of tk's long range booking.
Speaker 5: Four years, four years, four years bag they had.
Speaker 8: He figured it this way.
Speaker 9: He figured they'd have nothing better to do four years from now, and he didn't foresee the learning tree and the conglomeration. So you know, it just happened to work out that way.
Speaker 7: Oh I'm sorry, what was in the bag? I missed?
Speaker 1: What was in the bag picture of the best friends.
Speaker 12: Oh, for Pete's sake exactly, Yeah, you know, and the manual on how to do a surprise roll up.
Speaker 7: Oh, it should have been there. Yeah, it should have been every week with the fruit roll ups. I can't take anymore. I really can't.
Speaker 5: Wait.
Speaker 9: I think we should take up a collection and buy as many fruit roll ups as we can and send them to Orange Cassidy.
Speaker 1: We should.
Speaker 8: Invite to the ship.
Speaker 1: Wait, we tell him that he has to discard one of them, to throw one of them into the crowd, out of his out of his backpack every time he uses the surprise roll up, and he will probably run out of those things in a matter of about six weeks.
Speaker 7: And better he on like three times a week, so he'll run out in two weeks.
Speaker 9: He wasn't been on three times. He wasn't on three times last week.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 5: Wait, yet he's not When we give him the fruit roll ups, we try to find every flavor but the orange.
Speaker 1: Flavor, special type of Hell, I w.
Speaker 5: I love this, but they're like, it's four years later, let's go back to it. Who guts?
Speaker 1: And you know, the funny thing is is that I don't remember that whole at all. Not even I don't remember.
Speaker 4: That with the Mimosa mayhem.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 6: It was just an angle, but it's I don't remember it.
Speaker 5: You know what? This is how a live Jericho feuds go, where they have them. They'll have a singles match on Dynamite and then they'll build up to like a rematch on the pay per view. I remember a certain other wrestler that had a feud with Jericho who I won't name him, kel saying you know who I'm talking about, that.
Speaker 1: Ricky Ricky Starks. Go ahead, No, not.
Speaker 5: Saying I know, I know how you feel what I say his name, so I'm not going to but yes you might have said it. That's exactly how his feud with Jered Co went. And I wouldn't be surprised if this match with Orange Cassie tomorrow ends up going in the same direction where they have the match and then they run it back at Russell Dream just because why not.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's two stars who are highly over and you have Learning three versus the co conglomeration and have Kelson's worst nightmare and take the dog for a long walk. So Kington will be the referee.
Speaker 1: So I have a question, and part of me if I fall asleep while I'm asking this question. So at Grand Slam, we're going to have an FT wh at F t W title match? Uh who who is challenging hook? I can't for the life of me. That's probably why I can't remember. Okay, I was like, who the hell is?
Speaker 9: Maybe that'll be the death Maybe that'll be the final nail in the coffin for the United Kingdom.
Speaker 1: Disputed Kingdom, unnecessary Kingdom. Yeah, we don't want an entire nation, you know, an entire European you know nation, to get killed. We just want the unnecessary Kingdom to get killed. Well we When I say we, I mean me, we.
Speaker 8: Mean that way.
Speaker 4: I'm just tired of it. I don't know why he's sticking with And I had a prop on that why are we keeping them around when Adam Cole is not even on TV and Wardlow is not around?
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, we just established that Tony Kahan is doing something tomorrow night on a four year old.
Speaker 1: Feud, Am culp. It's always been Consence Russell dream. Last year I believe it was, wasn't it. So uh yeah, now he's still fresh and as far as Tony kng goes, it's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about bow Wow. You know they canceled bow Wow right away.
Speaker 1: That was a brilliant segue right into that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, somebody who's rating action.
Speaker 2: Of is bow Wow the faction? Ever since Adam Cole got hurt, it's just been a disaster. And yeah, they just keep it going. We're low escaped. He ran away.
Speaker 4: He was just like I got hurt a car wreck.
Speaker 2: Okay, so a legit car wreck or a k fabe car wreck.
Speaker 11: Yeah he had a legit correct Okay, okay, Yeah, but he was out that night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interest problem.
Speaker 4: He can't catch a break. I don't know what they need to do with him, honestly anymore. They've tried everything in the world, so I don't know where you're going next.
Speaker 7: He can join the learning tree.
Speaker 8: No, God, no, he's been down that route before.
Speaker 1: Hey, quick question, does anybody know where the mute button is on? Never mind, because that is getting on my last nerve tonight.
Speaker 7: I haven't even started with Eddie Kingston.
Speaker 8: He missed it. I told him he's going to be there tomorrow night. He's going to do a forty five minute segment on the mock situation made.
Speaker 4: Will the dresses.
Speaker 1: It will not be a forty five minute segment. It'll just feel like a forty minutes.
Speaker 6: So I have a potpourri if I could real quick.
Speaker 3: So well, first and foremost, shout out to Shad's Shades. If you're listening, hope all as well. I We'll try to join you tomorrow. But he recently went to an event and we were kind of discussing how aw can build more attendance, and I was kind of confused and bewildered by the fact.
Speaker 6: That they really don't do much fanfare.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: They you sell the tickets, you get to your seats early, you get three dark matches. I don't know about you, guys, I don't know how old you are so forth. But when I was a kid, when I would go to a WWF event, there would at least be a Greg Valentine sitting in the corridor, grumpy as hell, signing autographs. But you kind of go in with that expectation, and like, you know, you're going to an event, and I feel as though there's a couple of things they can do a less you know, cheap in the tickets, make them more affordable and be do a little bit more fanfare for the fans. I'm not saying a W doesn't care about the fans. I'm not saying all that, but they could be doing a little bit more to attract more people in the arenas.
Speaker 9: So I mentioned earlier about the Pittsburgh show that's coming up. They're having the fifth anniversary in Pittsburgh on the second.
Speaker 1: Sutton, I need to erupt you there. It's called Britsburg.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 8: That's what I said. I would love to go to that show, but she'll show up and I don't want to see that.
Speaker 14: But anyway, three apps, every app that I use Facebook, readdit uh, any app like game apps or anything that.
Speaker 8: I put on my phone. I have been getting a serious amount of pre advertisement for that Pittsburgh show. Everyone I go to I can see that.
Speaker 9: I can see that ad and it's got the acclaimed and it shows other stuff. It shows Britain to ring with the terrible towel, which I think is a crime that she can be prosecuted for.
Speaker 8: I'm pretty sure. But you know, tickets aren't bad, you know, for what it is.
Speaker 9: It's twenty dollars for the outer tickets go down to about forty for the upper ring, and then yet the floor tickets are around anywhere from one hundred and twenty to one hundred and eighty.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's not great, but it's not bad.
Speaker 6: It's not terrible.
Speaker 3: It isn't but those floor seats could be a little bit more affordable, especially if they're going to be comping them. You know, as people attend the show, they need people, they need to be able.
Speaker 6: To shoot it right, so they're going to boot people.
Speaker 3: Another thing they can do too, if I could quickly say, is there's no merchandise, Like the merchandise tables are always lacking at these events I have, you know, I'm on Twitter. It's my guilty pleasure, and I see so many people, like actual fans that go to the show. Even all In, Like all In had two tables, two merchant tables, and they weren't even selling wrestling wrestler themed merchandise. It was all just event themed merchandise. And that's just I don't understand it. That is that is like easy money. You have everybody there, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean let's go to a concert, you know, like a Taylor Swift concert and getting you know, Donald Trump shirts for sale. There's no toy swift, sir.
Speaker 6: You gotta keep warm, you gotta keep warm. Kelson Burnham.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's the thing I've noticed too. When I go to a WS I'm looking for a T shirt and they have you know, just regular ae W T shirts but nothing so and I get it, you know there with they're not what WWE is and and they're with the p w TS thing from you and stuff. But they could do so much more even with what you're talking about. With a meet and greet up somebody, anybody, I don't care who it.
Speaker 6: Is, anybody who's available.
Speaker 4: It could be saying i'll see you Barje.
Speaker 3: City is willing to talk to the costco kid, have him go out there and meet some fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One thing I really like what AW does in live shows is and it feels like an old school thing. But I don't I don't know. I wasn't around back in the day, but and I've heard people say similar things on Reddit after shows. But when I was there, I think in London, Ontario for a collision, there was a kid up front but like leaning over the guardrail during the show, and he had a sign and he was getting all the wrestlers to come sign the sign for him. And then I think it was the second last match Brian Keith lost, and then on his way out of the ring, he grabs this kid sign and tears it up right. And then at the end of the show, Daniel Garcia like gets on the mic just addressing the crowd and he says to the kid, He's like, did Brian Keith rip your sign? And then he gets gets the kid to come into the ring, and they do like a whole thing with the kid and get the kid to do the dance and everything. So I feel like they they do do an effort in making like the special moments for the crowd afterwards and stuff like that, which I think is cool. I don't know if they do that in WWE. Maybe during house shows, but probably not during a raw.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, but I can tell you and I'm sure Sutton will back me up on this, but back in the day, when we were younger, they used to actually fluck the arena, bring out chips and have real dable battles in the chips, you know, back like at the Call Asleep and stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been really expensive.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that was there and but yeah, does anybody else have a pote Poirie that they want to bring up? No, well, that's gonna do it for tonight. Thanks everybody for Coby. That was a lot of fun. We'll be back tomorrow night. Well, some of us will be back tomorrow night. I won't be because I'll be at Dynamite and I'll be reporting in so Hey if you want, uh, I will be posting some pictures and some thoughts about the Dark matches and the AW spoiler Room on our discord, so be sure to join that and I'll be definitely spoiling the hell out of everything for everybody. But anyway, thanks everybody for coming, and uh, we'll see you tomorrow night. For all Lee Talk so forty AW fan podcast team. This is Kelson z Alex. Good everybody, Thank guys, n bout any kicks then,