Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis, and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Well, there's no doubt that's what Trump is fighting for. I think the question is whether you agree with his methods. Now. I understand a lot of people dispute the premise, and we certainly welcome those calls three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. So, of course, you know, overarching everything else, mixed in with everything else, we're going to keep talking about, you know, the latest, you know, with the with the stock market, the economy, but above all with politics, right because, as we talked about on the show Friday, that almost all of this is politically motivated and fueled. It is panic porn, panic porn from the left primarily. There are some really credible, intelligent voices on the rights saying, hey, President Trump is doing it all wrong right now, and those people deserve to be listened to. Doesn't mean you have to agree with them or that they're right, but they should be listened to because they're credible folks who in the past have shown a balanced approach to things. But there are also a whole bunch of folks on the other side. He said, no, this needs to happen. This needs to happen right now because the status quo, the path we're on, it is not sustainable. It is leading us off the edge of a cliff. It's gutting Middle America. And so hey, I don't think there's any question Trump is extremely well motivated. He's got a great track worker when it comes to US economy, and we'll continue that conversation today. So glad you're here. A very fun part of the conversation will come at five oh six. I mean, there'll be a lot worth your time between now and then. But at five oh six, Rosskamitski, who does a great show over on our little sister station eight fifty KLA. Congratulations to them, by the way, Ryan for being not Station of the Year, right Colorado Broadcaster Awards, suggest everybody say a prayer, light a candle for him, because the last time, if my memory is correct, it's been a while, but I think the last time I won a Colorado Broadcaster of the year. I think Craig and I won Show of the Year the year our show ended. Oh wow, but it was a great way to go out, right, great way to go out. You know you got that going for you, as Bill Murray would say, and Caddy sheck. But all's well, that ends well. So congratulations to KWA on that and to Dave Tepper does a tremendous job running that station. And we'll hopefully keep my key card activated. And then then yeah, Russell joined us at five oh six. Ross is what's the right word, ferociously relentlessly opposed to what President Trump is doing right now? So well worth a listen and we'll have that conversation at five oh six, says, you know, I have a different take. Don't claim to be the world's experts on tariffs or anything else, but I know a little bit about this or that, and what I do know is and it will be my first question to our esteemed Colleigue Ross, who I'm sure will hear of it before we take care. But none of this is meant to be gotcha. Is the current status quo acceptable? Is the path we're unsustainable? And if not, what's the alternative? Fix to what the president's doing, because the whole idea here isn't to win the argument. Yes it is, but the idea is to find the right fix three or three someone three eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine. And so far nobody's been able to show me that Trump is on the wrong path here. I mean, when in any of our lives has any big important change overcoming something really big and negative, When does it happen without pain? When does it happen without sacrifice? That that's just not the nature of the human condition. Well, so lots to talk about there. Hey, Jenna griswold Rum, Ryan, I think you were right. Maybe it was Kelly. Somebody was right when they said she was not going to run for governor. I thought she was. I at this at this point, she's a well, congratulations, Too bad you didn't bet up steak out.
Speaker 2: Oh I should have drawn even with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my goodness. It would have taken more than that. But yeah, I mean, it would have been a good start in erasing the bet deficit. Right, erase the bet?
Speaker 2: I mean, how many time hawks one?
Speaker 1: Oh my lord, one, you got half the cattle in Colorado accounted for right now with all the reps we've had, but it's not. But anyway, yeah, so my guess is that that it obviously she wasn't going to get the support that she needed or she would be in the governor's race because nobody would rather be attorney general than governor. And so I don't know whether it's Bennett pushing her out, but the way you read the leaves right now, not that anybody cares because one of the most striking things to me, as a guy who's been on air for most of not all, most of the years between nineteen ninety one and today in Colorado is just a total lack of interest to the point of ultimate boredom with any talk of the coming governor and Usner races. I mean, it used to be not so long ago, like last cycle, where people would really be fired up about those races early on. But again, I think folks assume the GOP can't win, and whatever Democrat happens to have the most money therefore win the primary, you know, will end up in that office. I am not so sure myself, But anyway, Jenna Griswell couldn't hack it in the governor's chase. Apparently, and will now be their AG candidate. Scary thing is she could well win. So I think the only way she's in the AG race at this point is if some sort of backroom deal, in my opinion, has probably cleared the path and there won't be any meaningful challenger to her, and so she will be their nominee. So one question I want to throw out for you is who among the good guys and gals can beat her? Who should our nominee be? Now? I was hoping we would have George Bruckler on the show today because he would be my obvious answer, right, But there may other will and there may be some other very good talent out there, and I have no idea whether George has any interest in that race.
Speaker 3: To you, well, he's mine before Dan, So I mean on that basis alone, you gotta believe that he thinks he could win or should win.
Speaker 2: Well, he ran a great race, he did.
Speaker 1: And he would be a great Attorney general, There's no question about that. I think the question is if things changed enough in our landscape, you know that he would be able to win in the midterms. If he even has any interest. I don't know if he has any interest at all, But we will ask him that when he joins us tomorrow. Right, so we're already teasing tomorrow's show now locally and before we get back into Oh, by the way, Ryan, do you think anybody's just going to voluntarily send me a percentage of their gains since Friday? Because wasn't it me On Friday? You said, Oh, everybody's talking about Black Monday going to be a stark stock market crash, et cetera. Didn't quite materialize, right, I mean, if this was the Black Monday that Kramer and others predicted. Now that I think we're in pretty good shape.
Speaker 2: And the Nasdaq actually closed, I'll tell you I bought today. What'd you buy it in?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Just slightly, right, just slightly. I have to tell you I'm going but I want to support Tesla. I want to stand up to the Tesla terrorists. I'm kind of debating between buying the cyber truck or investing in some more Tesla stock. I don't want to bore people with this story, but I had a bunch of Tesla stock, very proud of myself because I've had it for a long time. And then I had a bunch of retirement fund. And and they you know, and the person who manages the retirement fund called up and said, you know, it's in a retirement fund, so it can't be that risky. So you have to sell off some of your Tesla in there and get some of this and this and that. Well, while the Tesla went to the moon, and I still kept some in that retirement fund, the other stuff, you know, my dog might as well have eaten it. So but this might be my chance to regain some of that on Tesla because it's hurting right now. So studying Tesla overnight, almost got some of that this morning. But the amount that I did buy and by the way, I'm not talking about big stuff right, but big to me and to my wife. But the amount that I did add today was all in Apple. What and I understand Apple. Have you heard of it? No?
Speaker 2: I know that. But you said you put all your chips on Apple? Is that what you said?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no. The additional stuff I bought today because layering back into the market, it's what I did during COVID, right, And again anything I say about stocks to the opposite. But during COVID, you know, when we had that kind of V shape thing going on. Well, while it was on the left prong of the V and people were really scared, you know. I started to layer in, just believing, for the reasons we've discussed, it had to come back up pretty quick. And I believe even more strongly about that now. So I'm just starting to layer in. I'm not saying the bottoms in or anything like that, but just starting to layer in because nobody can perfectly time the market, let alone me. But yeah, no, my first move in was Apple, and I understand there's more pain a head for Apple, right. The iPhones aren't coming from Greeley, you know, the iPhones are coming from China, so there's more pain ahead for Apple. I just think, hey, it's Apple, right, and it is going to come back, and it's going to come back strong eventually, So please don't take this advice. But that's the additional buying I did today, And I think my wife and I are going to talk about it tonight, and I think we'll probably move some stuff around and do some more buying in the morning, not that we won't see dips. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a number of additional three to five percent dip days things like that. I just think that that I want to start getting some war back in now three or three someone three eight two five five, text DA and five seven seven three nine. So anybody who made money on my non advice Friday because I said do the opposite of what I do, which is what I say again today, feel free if you want to make a contribution to just where should they send it? Ryan to you? Or maybe maybe let's say their favorite charity, Let's say that Cherios. Yeah, yeah, three three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. And then when we come back, I do want to touch on this Mayor Mike Johnston in Denver, his plan to save the mall isn't going to work. You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Taplass Show podcast and others.
Speaker 1: We have a couple of senators here.
Speaker 4: I just don't particularly like them, so I won't introduce.
Speaker 5: Over the course of this amazing season the members of this team.
Speaker 1: It's a pest. That's the Dodgers in the White House. Yea. I didn't think it was that big a deal like Washington for their world series. Wow talk about a power move and uh yeah, so you know these ceremonies normally work, right, And so the senators from California, Padia and Schiff are there, and that's what President Trump had to say about him. But I can't fault the guy. Listen. Can you imagine having been in Trump's shoes, and you've got a guy like Schiff who's who's trying to put Trump in jail for the rest of his life. He wants to see Trump end his life in disgrace and prison and see his businesses and his family bankrupted. I'm surprised Trump even let him in the room. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. And the other centator from California sure wasn't standing up for against talk at awfulness. Right, let's go to the phone lines. We'll start in Golden Colorado'll talk to Eric. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Hey, Dan, I've been enjoying the program.
Speaker 7: I think we need to come up with.
Speaker 1: A good name for this terrace supposed by Trump, because you've shaved in our country. Now, yes, what would you come up for it? I'm guessing you have one Eric, and I don't want to steal your thunder.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, I'm calling it the Trump slump.
Speaker 1: Ah. I want wow wow, that could be just devastating to the administration. Yeah, yeah too, Bet, Eric didn't take a victory lamp on that one. I don't see that one catching on. Do not see that one catching on?
Speaker 2: So about Trump bump.
Speaker 1: You're welcome to call back, Eric. I love that. I love that. I mean, not at the moment. But again, that's the point, right, I mean, the reason we're not better off than we are right now in America is because so many of our current leaders on both sides have not been willing to incur the pain, the sacrifice, which may mean losing their own power, in order to do the things America has to do to be where America should be. Right And then when you look throughout the course of American history, who are our heroes, Who are the people who save the country. Who are the people who then after that saved the country from going away or other forms of devastation. They're the people who were willing to endure pain, pain for the nation, but for themselves too politically, and sometimes pay the ultimate price to do what had to be done, and that's been the formula for success in America since our birth is a nation. But Trump is one of the rare ones right now from either party willing to go out there and do that. And so I can't sit heer and say for certain that his approach is the one that's going to work. But I can say for certain this status quo wasn't acceptable, and the path we were on was one to economic disaster. And to me, what he's saying right now and what he's doing makes some sense. And bottom line for me, as I've said before, is I trust him on this stuff. I trust him on this stuff because he succeeded before economically for the nation, for himself personally, and he has such a personal vested interest in success. I just can't believe he'd be doing this unless he had a plan that he was extremely cont fit in about a plan both economically and politically, because the two are obviously as closely linked as any newly weds. So three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine That last reference Ryan meant for you, thank you for the invitation of the wedding. I assume somebody couldn't go. Are you guys doing RSVPs already?
Speaker 3: Well, we're setting out the evites, which I guess is how it's done. Now it's a little bit more convenient for those receiving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, it's it's very cool, very cool and cannot wait. Cannot wait be the social event of any season, I'm sure. Yeah, I do want to get to this business of Mayor Mike Johnston and what he has proposed for the Denver Mall. And now I understand that you may well be listening far far away from Denver. You may be in another country, you may be in Beautiful for Collins, whatever. But if you happen to live anywhere in Colorado, then then what happens in Denver doesn't stay in Denver, right. And so the notorious pri problems of the Sixteenth Street Mall, particularly since the legalization of marijuana in Colorado, and I call it the legalization of hard drugs in Colorado, right, because obviously the old leaf two to four percent did an awful out of damage and as the industry intended, the drug dealer industry intended, you know, they intended to turn that into a very hard drug very quickly, which is what they've done with this eighty ninety ninety percent plus thac so since the legalization of that form of hard drug in Colorado and Denver proudly declaring itself to be the epicenter of the marijuana universe, you know, the Sixteenth Street Mall has been totally in the tank. So what the mayor is proposing is, let's see Ryan. You like courses, right, sure, yeah, yeah, mounted patrol. I'm big on mounted patrol. Love mounted patrol. Oh yeah. Remind me to tell you the story sometime of how my dad stopped Riot in Chicago with the mounted patrol, but mounted patrol, ten member foot force, bicycle and motorcycle, five private security officers, etc. And a Kiosk downtown. Then Sixteenth Street Mall staff by police, all of which I think are excellent ideas. I have no problem with any of those ideas, and I like the direction they're going with those. I don't think it goes far enough in terms of numbers, staffing, presence, etc. But it's a good step in the right direction. But here's the big question. What are the rules of engagement? You know, Denver's finest, the great men and women of the police force, you put enough of them out there, you let them do their thing. Yeah, that mall is going to be safe to go down to again. But I can't believe for one second that Mayor Johnston and the hard left in Denver who run that city are going to put enough down there, or most critically, are going to let them do their thing. What are the rules of engagement? So as these restaurant owners who have really they've walked the talk right, They've invested in downtown Denver, their lives, everything, and they've said that things fallen apart around him under Johnston. You know what they've made clear is we talk about the homeless all the time, which we should in part, but it's the addicted. It's the addicted, because Johnston and the Left have made Denver and Colorado the drug capital of the world. It is the addicted, just the throngs, the armies of walking zombies, who all of them are somebody's child. There's somebody's daughter, there's somebody's son, There's somebody who had a future and that future now is just consumed by these drugs and related mental illnesses. So, in the left's pursuit of a dependent population through legalization of drugs. You have all these lives wasted and they end up a whole bunch of them wandering around downtown Denver. So tell us Mayor Johnston. Of course, he doesn't have the courage to come on the show. How are these great? And they are great men and women of DPD going to make a difference if you want to allow him to engage the way they need to. Are you going to tell them when they have drug addicted people they can move them off the mall? I doubt very much you're going to do that. Let's see if we can get an answer that question. Three or three someone three eight, two, five five text d an five seven, seven through nine. What is the fix for the Denver Mall? I've got it.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 8: Today Denver may Or may Johnson announced a new downtown safety plan. It includes increased police outreach resources to try to increase public safety. It's meant to address safety concerns, particularly those along the Sixteenth Street Mall.
Speaker 3: Over the last five years, that area has struggled through the pandemic era, shutdowns, damage from rioters, and long term construction.
Speaker 1: Work. And they'll take some calls and text on That is why you can text DA and five seven seven three nine. Each of the individual components make sense, right, I mean they need to take it much further, but more police on the mall, check a kisk in the mall. YEP. Mounted horses, yes, absolutely, absolutely has been proven very effective law enforcement on horseback and these mounted patrols. All of that good ideas, None of it is going to work unless the great men and women in blue of DPD are given the rules of engagement they need. But they're not going to be given those rules of engagement by this lefty mayor and his city council. So it's going to be hands off drug addicts, it's going to be hands off other homeless. It's going to be hands off. And don't blame the men and women in blue for this. This is going to be the politicians. And it was the legalization of drugs that sank the Saints Takes Sixty Street mall. And it's the fact that the left is still committed to legalization of drugs and won't let law enforcement do its job, which is going to render these otherwise sensible steps largely ineffective. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d An five seven seven three nine. Let's go first to Eric in Denver. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 6: Welcome Eric, Dan, let me get you all speaker.
Speaker 1: This is our favorite actor.
Speaker 7: Hey, you're great Americans.
Speaker 1: I get somebody ever says that better? Well, nobody ever says I.
Speaker 7: Call it like it is you Ryan and Kelly. All right, great Americans.
Speaker 1: I could see that. I could see that maybe on the side of a cyber truck or something. But what are you thinking today, my friend?
Speaker 4: Everybody loves you guys and you know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just looking forward to meeting them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, here we go, dan.
Speaker 4: On, hands off.
Speaker 7: This lady.
Speaker 4: That's she's the director of the organization for She's the director of United We Dream. And it's an illegal organization. You probably heard of.
Speaker 1: Its woman who went national over the weekend saying I'm I'm illegal and I'm proud of it. Is that you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, she said I'm queer after the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll play that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 4: Crisia Rossa Martinez that's her name. And okay, I found out that that's an illegal organization, United Redream and My point is, young man, shouldn't Pam Bondy, Tom Holman and cash to tale just.
Speaker 7: For the heck of it.
Speaker 4: Investigate them.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, my friend, about the two pieces to this one that the woman who stands up and says, I'm here illegally and I'm proud of it. At that point, I wouldn't be surprised if Tom Holman paid her a visit and changed that status. But what what about.
Speaker 7: The guy, Because I got one black guy when they say I love Obama and he let me do that, that Haitian and remember Tom Homer went and got him what they now?
Speaker 1: Tell me? What what about the organization itself? Do you believe is illegal? Oh?
Speaker 4: They're eighty and a betting illegals in that organization.
Speaker 1: Well this is such as always you bring up these really interesting questions. So what is the aiding and a betting part? Because obviously, listen, if you've got folks here illegally and they're hungry, they're homeless, et cetera, and you decide to feed or clothe them as they.
Speaker 4: And homie, you doesn't look hungry at all.
Speaker 7: Man, Come on now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Eric, Eric Eric is steinied me stymied with that one. But but talking about an organization as a whole, what what are they doing that you would considered to be violating an actual criminal statute.
Speaker 4: Because she's associated with giving heads up that ice is coming, she's in charge, you know, she's betting.
Speaker 7: With people of her that il come.
Speaker 4: You know, given heads up.
Speaker 1: And I know nothing about the organization, but you raised such an interesting question. Let's say that you had an organization that was that was focused on thwarting law enforcement efforts, obstructing their efforts. You know, might there be a criminal offense in there? I mentioned that there could be, depending upon how they did it. If if that was you said that, well, well, big fella, I'd have to see the specifics right next to the law to be able to say that. But I could see where there might be something there. If somebody's just feeding and clothing people here illegally, I don't consider that eating in a batting well.
Speaker 4: And you know, I'll let you go because I know you got millions of listeners that wants to call in.
Speaker 7: But I'm label the Great Donald J.
Speaker 4: Trump as the tariff shrif.
Speaker 1: Oh that is pretty darn good. I have another one here too, that is that is really good. Somebody else texted Dan Trump's financial endeavors are terrific. So that's good too. Hey, thank you man. Appreciate the call. Appreciate the call. And by the way, Ross Kominski does a great show over an eight to fifty k way. He'll join us at five oh six. He is ferociously opposed to what President Trump is do we now, so we'll get that other perspective at five zero six. Let's go up to beautiful Cheyenne. Talk to our friend Jack. You're on the Dan Kapla show. Welcome Jack.
Speaker 9: What you said about Kaminsky is exactly what I would expect him to say. There's a real brain trust right there.
Speaker 1: Hey, No, Ross is super I mean we just agree about some stuff, not others. But he's a super smart g and very informed. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't think you were talking earlier about the stock market. Well, I work on my stock portfolio all the time. I spent about that my time work, and I'm very, very successful. But what I'm going to tell you right now is something that every smart person knows. Where the market is at right now. Where has been pushed down on the fear of these of these terrorists by Trump is the greatest buying opportunity. That's the stock market that's ever seen. And call me coach months and tell me I.
Speaker 1: Was wrong more than COVID.
Speaker 9: Well, COVID depressed everything. I understand that. But what I'm talking about is I'm talking about the price drops on everything because of the care of the terrorists. It's gonna it's gonna triple. And if you've got to be in the right secret now you can't. You can't buy bitcoin if you were real.
Speaker 1: If you're buying one stock right now, what would it be.
Speaker 9: Oh, I've got many of them. I've got okay, dan without several of the Okay, two or three of them are headquartered in Denver, by the way, members, that's some tremendous company's headquarters. I've got one of them. I've got one of them. It's an oil stock. It pays me eleven thousand, four hundred dollars every three months in dividends alone. And that's never mind the appreciation value of the stock. I'm not prowight when it comes to this stuff, but any smart person knows that this is a buying opportunity right now absolutely.
Speaker 1: Is okay okay? How soon is it coming back.
Speaker 9: I don't know exactly. My biggest question right now is how long is it going to be depressed? Because I want more time to do more buying. I mean, I'm afraid that the window is going to close too quick. So what basically answers your question is going to it's going to come back too soon? Evaluations.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Jack, well ahead, appreciate your call. Be safe out there, go make a lot of money. I getn't hear a name on that stock that did it right?
Speaker 2: He doesn't want to give away his secrets.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, But if you would think he would, so everybody else would buy it and the price would go up.
Speaker 2: But maybe it's a good point.
Speaker 1: As we always say on this show, do the opposite of what I do in the stock market. She'll be very successful though, though you know it just that we do that with Jim Kramer. J Just like right today was going to be black Monday, right was that, there may well be some more three to five percent drop days ahead. All I'm saying is is this is all coming back, and it's all coming back strong, and it's all coming back better than it ever was, or at least right now. The other thing is. I think we're roughly about where the market was in August, right, so it's not like it was the end of the world. Three or three someone three A two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. I think, as I said on Friday, that in the through in middle of all that, that that much of this is just panic porn pedaled by the left and the media arm of the left right because they're terrified not that these tariffs will fail, but that they will succeed. They're terrified of that because if Trump's plan works at that point where Democrats gonna win, they'll win a few places, but they won't win that many. Two or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. We'll come back. I'll give you my fix for the sixteenth Street mall now that Merrick Johnston has offered you his and then A Russ Kaminski joins us at five oh six, and he is opposed to the core to the death to what Trump is doing. Right now, you're on the Dankapitla Show.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I think you're even in the market at some point, you're unwilling to tolerate this idea of a Trump. Honey, they're a freshold. I think your question is so stupid, which I've admitted.
Speaker 5: I think it said I don't want anything to go down, but sometimes you have to take medicine to fix something.
Speaker 1: And we have such a horrible We.
Speaker 5: Have been treated so badly by other countries because we had stupid leadership that allowed this to happen. They took our businesses, they took our money, they took our jobs. They moved into Mexico, they moved it to Canada, they moved a lot of it to China.
Speaker 1: And it's not sustainable. We're not going to do it. Boy, He's right, it's not sustainable. It'll be interesting going to talk to Ross Kaminski from eight fifty koa at five oh six, who is ferociously opposed to this path that President Trump is on right now, so we'll get his take on that. Obviously, I think the current path is in fact unsustainable, and we're headed toward a cliff, and that the US is being taken advantage of, and that something dramatic has to happen. And so look forward to that five oh six conversation and then I do want to throw it out there for any callers, textures, et cetera, who have a guess what our trade balance is with different nations around the world. So Ryan, let's say that there was a Ferrari on the line, brand new, whatever model is, ross, whatever model you wanted right now? What is our current trade balance with Algeria?
Speaker 2: Algeria that I don't know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see deficit of one billion, four hundred and forty seven million, and then a bunch of other numbers.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on, I want to follow here along with the listeners. So I'm talking about a Ferrari Testarosa that's an Italian vehicle. But you're telling me is it manufactured in Algeria or no?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no no. I was just offering you a prosekite, which which no sane human could have gotten that right. But since you mentioned certainly a wonderful company in a country pardon me, Italy and a wonderful company Ferrari.
Speaker 2: And a wonderful prime minister Georgia Maloney.
Speaker 1: No, I've never owned one. Yes she is. What is our trade deficit right now with Italy?
Speaker 2: Italy one point four billion?
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's forty three billion. Wow, millie hundred and sixty four million. It's a lot nation of Italy. Now, on the other hand, Jamaica, where do you think we're at with Jamaica? That even trade surplus of a couple of billion dollars right there? And as I go back to the phone lines and text what about Japan? Our great online Japan's our what's our trade balance? There?
Speaker 3: I would say is one of our larger trade deficits because Japan doesn't buy a lot of American goods or services.
Speaker 1: M Where would you put that at?
Speaker 2: I don't know, many billions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's a good guess. Sixty eight sixty eight billion, right there might have been, friend, And then a trick question that there is no precisely known, accurate answer to Vietnam.
Speaker 3: Well, they don't have I believe, close to zero trade tariffs on our goods, but they produce a lot of goods I think as an alternate to China, for instance, like assembly line production of T shirts, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So we're in pretty good shape with Vietnam. I would I would think.
Speaker 1: Nobody can get everything right, my friend, we are in the whole twenty three billion dollars a year. And now a lot of people think, of course, as you just alluded to, that China, in addition to the massive trade deficit with China, that China is running a lot through Vietnam, so that China's trade deficit, our trade deficit to China should actually be higher. So China, what do you guess that's at?
Speaker 3: Uh, that's Trump's number one target, right, so I would believe it have to be the highest.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, yes, I mean it's formally listed at two hundred and ninety five billion in President Trump believes it's closer to a trillion because of China cheating and running it through Vietnam, goods through Vietnam. It's so anyway, let's go back to the phone lines. Talk to Razor in Denver. You're on the Dan Kaplis show. Must make it tough to get dates. How you doing, Razor?
Speaker 6: When I was younger, it's really easy with that hairdresser.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, Well that that helps soften it.
Speaker 6: That's straight hairdresser. And the city of Denver is a great.
Speaker 1: Thing to be oh I can imagine. Yeah, yeah, So what do you think of here? Is that what we called about No.
Speaker 6: This is totally separate. Our bonds paid through property taxes.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, the question is our bonds paid through property taxes? Yeah? I think it depends on the bond.
Speaker 6: Well, so my big question is we just paid off a bond, the mayor says, so that we can extend that bond to do his vibrant Denver bond. But if that failed, would property taxes go down?
Speaker 1: Okay, this wasn't on the bar exam. So your your question is if Johnston's ballot initiative that passed had failed, would property taxes go down? Because you're wondering whether this new money from this new bond is then paying for something the property taxes had been paid for previously. I doubt very much that it that it was. I'm trying to think of bond measures funded by property taxes.
Speaker 6: I total, we had just paid off a bond and that's why, Yeah, bragging that it won't raise taxes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, my friend, I just don't know the particulars of that one. What do you think of his plan for them all?
Speaker 6: You know, if they don't get rid of the homeless people down there and the open drug use his plan has worked with?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's exactly right, exact name. Yeah, thank you, my friend. The music means I've got a bell right now, Rais are good to meet you. Yeah, that's exactly right. Hey, the more men and women in blue we can have the better Denver's Finest. That's a good move, including the amounted patrols. But it's the rules of engagement, you know. It's the drug addicts created by this this drug pushing, drug worshiping, drug legalizing lefty government. And if if they won't let him deal with those folks, the rest isn't going to matter. Ruskominsky next,