Speaker 1: Day seventeen of the Twilight Zone podcast at Ven Callender and our friend Joe Brown says, what is the best Twilight Zone episodes penned by the following writers? So let's let's do this like for like Zach okay, but we'll start maybe at the bottom of the list, if that's cool with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I will say, you know, this is a really hard question, thanks Joe. But y'all have to sittle for probably favorite as opposed to best, because that's really what it comes down to in something like this, right Tom, at least for me, right.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, yeah, for sure. So let's start with George Clayton Johnson. Then my pick was Nothing in the Dark. Okay.
Speaker 2: You know, for the longest time I thought George Clayton Johnson wrote long Live Walter Jameson. I was like, oh, okay, I mean con let in easy answer for me. Oh no, we didn't write that one. That was Charles Wilmont. So that had to chase my answer to a game of pool.
Speaker 1: Okay, good pick, good pick. El Hamner Junior, I've chosen the hunt. You've chosen black leather jackets, haven't there.
Speaker 2: I'm not I have chosen stopover in a quiet town. I think that's when you haven't even seen yet. Ah okay, and I enjoyed that one quite a bit. I saw that one randomly again on the Sci Fi channel as we watch here in America. Just came up and I was like, that's a good one from season five, so stay tuned to that one. So I'm glad our answers have been different so far. I suspect they might be the same here on out, but maybe not.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Okay, well, this one Charles Beaumont I found maybe one of the trickier ones, because he could, on one hand, just be like very mind bending, like shadow play or something where it's like there's no meaning to any of this, it's just like, you know, this great crazy story. But then he also does something like you know, number twelve looks just like you, which has really something to say. So which one are you going to choose? So I think, because we're talking writers, I went with number twelve looks just like you because I think there's there's some good stuff in there what they're talking about. I think there's some really good.
Speaker 2: Stuff, good good So I went with the howling mad cool. She is a classic I'm going for the classic choices here, y'all, so stay tuned for the next two as well. But yeah, I mean, that's such a just such a great story, and so is number twelve. Looks to strike you. I'm glad that we are having different answers here. It would be boring of it all the same. So let's see in these last two. I just your approach, though, I think we might have different answers, So let's let's see.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, So this one is obviously a biggie. It's Richard Matheson, and I chose Nick of Time.
Speaker 2: I chose the other William Shatner episode Night Married twenty thousand feet shocking for me, I know, But man, Richard Matheson, I mean this was this is actually a question on one of these other Advent calendars, like who's your favorite non Rod Struggling Twild's one writer, And for me, yeah, Richard Matheson is my answer. I mean, you could. I mean, there's like a dozen episodes we could have said here that would have been good answers, leading to the last question, which I mean, there's like one hundred episodes we could pick. But curious to hear what you picked here.
Speaker 1: Tom, Okay, so you're thinking of best or favorite? You know that you're absolutely right. That's that's the distinction, and they can be two completely different things. But I feel that maybe on this occasion that the two things come together for me. I do think it's one of Rods Sailing's best, if not Z and it's it's shape enough to be my favorite, I think, mm hmm. And that is on Saturday with Leaf for Home.
Speaker 2: I suspected you might pick that one, and that's a great and I'm gonna go with the go to favorite, A stop at Willoughby?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Which which had you recorded this before you'd seen that episode? I think you may have picked that one, am I right?
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say the exact same thing. Yes, yeah, For years and years I always said Willoughby. But yeah, I just went for one with an even bleaker end. And oh, mind you, the book's pretty bleach.
Speaker 2: They are they are, Although what is it? I don't know. I saw these episodes when I was young, right, And what does it say about us when we're all relate to this burned out middle aged guy when we're young, But yeah, I relate to you gart Williams.
Speaker 1: So now I relate more to the guy who's on his own on a planet somewhere.
Speaker 2: Look at us, ten different answers to these five categories. I'm proud of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, In many PASSI