Speaker 1: Seven oh six at fifty five Kara CD Talk Station and very Happy Tuesday to you one hour fin now inside Scoop with Brian bart News. John Carney returns the Economics Center or CAR for the Breitbart Business Digests. He'll be on to talk about tariffs and the economy. Daniel Davis Deep Die with the latest on Russia and Ukraine, Israel and Hamas. That'll take place at eight thirty, and we'll hear from our good friend David Odo Exit. Happy twenty fifth anniversary Odo Exit are asked the expert at eight fifty. In the meantime, I'm always pleased to have in studio. It's a wonderful thing, you know, to look face to face with a good man, and that good man is Adam Kahlor, who's return to talk about all things City of Cincinnati and the County of Hamilton. Adam, always a pleasure, you see you man.
Speaker 2: Thanks again, Brian, good to see you too.
Speaker 1: I'm not quite sure where to start, so let's start with the topic. We're just talking about the market's obviously tanking a little bit. We've had a correction which has been predicted for quite some time now. Now you want to blame it on Trump's tariffs. That's fine. I'm not quite sure where I am on tariffs. I know I reject them along some lines and I understand them along others. And we're going to again talk with John Carney from Breitbart about that at eight oho five. We'll see where he is. But whether or not those are responsible for the recent market downturns, that does have an impact on people's investment, that's right. So let's ignore the origins of the downturns and just focus on the realities. Markets go up, that markets go down, we all get heartburn over and oh my god, my four oh one K loss whatever whatever. That's why I never look at my numbers. I'm in for the long haul. I just ignore the downturns and never pay attention to them because they've always come back. But in the context of the City of Cincinnati, there's that railroad fund. The one point six billion dollars that we sold the railroad for is supposed to be generating a lot of interest, you know, on the money in bened They didn't have to tap into the principle to get the money that we otherwise would have gotten annually guaranteed in a lease agreement. How's that working out right now, Corey or Adam?
Speaker 2: Well, apparently it hasn't been working out very well. I've got a buddies, a financial advisor that lives over in Hyde Park. He's been keeping an eye on everything, going in to the meetings, asking for documentation, kind of weeding through everything to try to figure out what's going on. And you know, we warned a lot of people about the situation. It actually doesn't necessarily matter how much money you make in the fund. Infrastructure is what they have to spend the money on existing infrastructure. Whenever you're talking about infrastructure, talking about things like roads, right, roads is a good thing to kind of look at asphalt, concrete, steel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the road projects that have been delayed over and over and over and neglected over year after year after year, they keep falling further behind.
Speaker 2: I mean Sunset Avenue, ah, right, our favorite turning left on Sunset from Queen City there going up the hill.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that road is so awful.
Speaker 2: I've actually heard that from more people than you, Like, there's other people that on Twitter they'll say Sunset going up, you know, taking a left there from Queen City going up Sunset. He's like, I don't know what happened there. It's like some tanks, like there was a war.
Speaker 1: Right now, I know, I say, it's like a road out of Gaza, and I know it's my favorite illustration. My regular listeners go, oh my god, he's going on about sunset again. But it's just for me, it's the best illustration because I do use that road from time to time, like when we have listener launch of Pricel Chili or I have to go to the West Side for some other reason. It's just it's been that way for so many years. I mean years and years. It's been terrible, that's right. And I'm sure there's someone out there that lives in the city since they going, well, it's not nearly as bad as the road filling the blank, this road that I drive on, but it's one of many roads in an absolute state of horrific disrepair. And they fall behind every year on the number of miles of roads that they are, you know, obligated to fix. It's just like they just ignore it. They completely ignore it.
Speaker 2: And you know, you and I both know they hate the West Side, and uh, you know, later today, I believe it's today westside. Jim Keefer over there it is going to have his, uh one of his meetings later on around six pm. And you got to go up that road. Yes, you do to get to price El Chili. I do to get to his meetings, right and uh, it's it's an absolute war zone over there. But but the thing is is, you know you're buying things like asphalt, concrete, steel, union labor. Those are some of the things that you have to pay for it. When you're talking infrastructure exactly. Well, guests, take a wild guest, Brian, what the cost to pave a mile a road went up last year?
Speaker 1: Well, since you told me already, it's since last year, according to you, it's gone up fifty.
Speaker 2: Fifty one percent. That's not according to me, it's according to Rocky Moretti. He's the director of policy and research for an organization called trip and what he said is the challenge is that over the last two years, we've seen highway construction costs, which are essentially labor and material, increased thirty six percent. But in Cincinnati, the cost to rehab one lane mile rows fifty one percent in just a year. It now sits at five hundred thousand per lane mile. So pretend you're making six and a half percent, which is what the financial firms have told us that they're gonna make every year on average in this trust six and a half percent. But the things you buy just went up fifty one percent in the last year. So now you're behind the eight ball. So now what next year you're gonna make sixty percent to make up for it? Is that how this is gonna work. So the buying power of those dollars just decreased. We it was one point six billion. Now you're looking at a little over half a billion dollars that the moneies that that that buying power is worth. And I tried to warn people about this, but I don't think it really set into their heads that the inflation of the things you're buying with the money is going to outpace the money that you're And they've spent I think a little over ten million dollars already or two million dollars SORR. Two million dollars in fees for the managers.
Speaker 1: Of the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of the money. So so now you're behind. But from what I've been told, the equity portion, they didn't invest that right away when they got the money they phased it. Okay, they invested a chunk of that before the downturn, so the money was going up when they were like, oh, we're going to sell the railroad. Everybody was high on the stock market. Money was cheaper, right, people were throwing money in the market. There wasn't really anywhere else to put it. Well, now you see where it's shifted to gold, precious metals, commodities, things like that are going up. I mean gold just hit three thousand dollars an ounce, right, Yeah, it's amazing. If you're invested half the money in the stock market, the other half is in a you know, fixed income, which they have to rotate in and out of. So if you're buying the year these ten year bonds for four percent, you have to rotate out of this. You can't just hold them for ten years or four percent. So in the future they're going to go back down to where they normally are two percent two and a half percent.
Speaker 1: So maybe, I mean, I might understand on a global level, nobody is interested in buying our bonds anymore.
Speaker 2: I buy our debt are I mean, you know how cash is? I mean, it's six.
Speaker 1: Trillion dollars in the hole. I think people are starting to worry about whether we will be remain solvent, which is, you know, the the ultimate existential crisis we face.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's you know why we have things like doge now and they're looking at this money, which is freaking out the other side of the aisle because their corruption is being found out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the only thing I can discern from this, and you have you're left to draw your own conclusions why they're so wigged out about what Elon Musk and the Department of Government Efficiency is doing when it is literally indefensible to protect these ridiculous payments we're making to these ridiculous organizations and these ridiculous you know, research studies. But there they are coming unhinged over it. And I think that is exactly why. Because someone is looking and watching the money trail, pointing out the stupidity of the grants at the outset, like how can you justify circumcisions in Jakarta or whatever with the US taxpayer dollars, But then realizing as they do that sometimes somebody is going to go to Jakarta or see if that study was actually even done and find out that the money never made it there, and it's stayed in Washington, DC and it's being used to fund lobbyist organizations and their own left wing causes and campaigns to get these elected officials reelected.
Speaker 2: That's right. It all ends up back in the hands of these donors, right, because these donors are running NGOs other nonprofits. It goes into those nonprofits. These people charge an outrageous amount of money for their contractor companies to build houses in Africa or whatever they're trying to do. So maybe it costs ten thousand dollars to build one of those who you charge fifty, right, and then you turn around, you put the money back into your pocket and then you donate it back to the party.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Or there's you know to five o' one C three corporation type styles set up so they're not you know, taxable entity, but yet they are executives and the people that run the organizations make these massive six figure salaries. It's all the same thing.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable, unbelievable, what's going on?
Speaker 1: So double the price for lane mile thanks to a one year passage in time. So yeah, can we climb out of this hole that the city of Cincinnati's Douglas in perhaps maybe Corey Bowman can solve the problem. We'll here from Adam about Corey Bowman among other topics too. We have to talk about infrastructure a little bit more as well. First, though, saving money is a great thing, and I know I love to save money when I can, especially when you're getting something very high quality, like a new carrier comfort system from the Zimmer and heating and cool and those are the experts of heating and cooling but making Cincinnati home safe, efficient and comfortable for more than seventy five years. Family owned and operated, Chris Simmer will take great care of you and right now time to get a new system. Save up to fifteen and fifty dollars on an carrier comfort system. They're the ones that invented air conditioning. Make a fantastic heating and air conditioning system. So turn to the experts at Zimmer you get a carrier cash rebate while the offer still exists, saving you up to fifteen hundred and fifty dollars for all HVAC needs. You can call Chris Zimmer at five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five to two one ninety eight ninety three. Find them online, schedule deployment online. Go to go Zimmer dot com. That's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Are you a business owner?
Speaker 2: Com?
Speaker 1: There's your channel nine first one and weather forecast. Nice day today, highest seventy with sunny sky, It's got to be cloudy overnight out of fifty two filed samarrogusty wins twenty to thirty miles per hour, seventy for the high until around eight pm when the showers and storms roll in. Overnight low of thirty eight also possible damaging wins. On Thursday, we'll have a high of forty six, maybe a little bit of scattered thirty eight. Right now fifty five ker CD talk station. Time for traffic.
Speaker 3: Northbound seventy five beginning to slow down between Buttermilk and Kyle. Southbound heavier past the Reagan Highway and I'm seeing no delay passed an accident northbound seventy one left shoulder above two seventy five. One way is shut down between Overlook and Girley due to an accident.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 3: I'm fifty five KR seen the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven nineteen fifty five KERR CD Talk Station. A very Happy Tuesday too, Brian Thomas with Adam Taylor and Studio talking Cincinnati and Hamilton County politics. And apparently Todd Zinzer did address the railroad money the concerns we're talking about right now or that we just were talking about Adam in two of his Citizen Watchdog podcasts. And Todd, you know, is former inspector, gentleman, he has he just paid attention to everything, right, So guy, Yeah, and you know, I say what you want about Sharon Coolis from the inquire she would go to city council meetings and do some reporting on them. She's now the spokesperson or somebody on behalf of Connie Pillach at the Prosecutor's Oscar's office. So she's no longer to be working at the Enquirer. So I guess no one will be reporting on what's going on.
Speaker 2: In I mean yeah, And I like Sherry. I mean she's she's she's a good person, seems like she's you know, she gets in there, she's not afraid to say the things that need to be said. And she would come here on the morning show. Yeah, yeah, you got her on. That's right, I could.
Speaker 1: You couldn't get any of this insane council members to come on the program.
Speaker 2: No, And I couldn't imagine I mean doing that day in and day out for as many years as she's done it, and just dealing with city Hall. I mean that was her main focus. And some of the stuff that's going on down there. I mean, it's got to get to you. And you know, maybe an opportunity opened up or whatever. I don't know. Some people may not be happy about it because you know, it's it's a Democrat prosecutor and we should probably have a Republican prosecutor right now. I think if people would vote smarter. But you know, opportunity opens up, you take it, you know. So we'll see what happens there. But I'll tell you what. Todd zinzer Man does a hell of a job on his Citizen Watchdog podcast and just in general. And the guy really wants to figure this thing out, like what's going on. He's only one.
Speaker 1: He's like Cincinnati's version, although without any power or ability to change things. He's like Cincinnati's version of Elon Musk. Yeah, I mean he sees the problems. He can identify one particulate him completely explain why you know it's not right, it's not appropriate, or it's crazy. And he's got the statistics and the documents and the wherewithal to explain it in full detail. And you know, it's just too bad he doesn't have powered authority to change it well.
Speaker 2: On his approach, the way he presents the stuff. And you know, the difference between like me and Todd is as I'll see something, I'll get it, I'll get all hyper about it and just tell people and know whoa dude, slow down. But but Todd, Todd's his demeanor, credibility background. It's like if Todd presents it, then all of a sudden it's like this is this is right because of the way he can put it together and the way he can frame it for the average voter. Indeed, and I think, you know, when when stuff comes up, you got your connected communities which is turning out to be a nightmare, the railroad deal which has turned out to be a nightmare. Now, I think if these two mayoral Republican candidates can go in there and they can take advantage of some of the stuff that people are frustrated about in the lies that they that we as as citizens of Cincinnati, were told about both of these things. They got a chance. And it's crazy to say that. I mean, Cincinnati is a seventy percent Democrat district, but with what's going on federally, with this this twenty one percent approval rating that the Democrat Party has right now, I mean it's it's even worse. It's in the teens. Only the people that think that favorable rating is like very fam for the Democratic Party, which I don't know you could ever think that they're very favorable. It's like sixteen seventeen percent right now. This is the lowest it's ever been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a CNN pull out the other day that said exactly that, and they pulled Democrats and you know, CNN, no bastion of rights.
Speaker 2: But shift it another five points. Yeah, well whatever they say is shifted again. They're at minus five. Yeah. Yeah, But I think we got a chance. And it's like, if we can just get some energy behind guys like Cory and get down there and start pushing and really focus on some of the things that the Democrats have failed us at, which is a lot. Uh, I think we got a chance. I mean, our city's not going anywhere. It's just not no. You see the other day where the Business Career had a thing that said, the only reason we've had any migration to this city is because of immigration. A lot of the open border stuff that's happened over Biden, which now you know is shut down. I mean they're closing down some of the some of the spots, the hotspots on the border because there's nobody coming across the border right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, down to it's off ninety four percent mostistics, that's right.
Speaker 2: And they're gonna save even more money by not having all these border patrol agents down there. So those just said they're gonna save another five hundred million dollars or something because they're just not showing up because they know better. At this point. I mean, you got helicopters flying around, you got all this stuff up.
Speaker 1: But Mexico cooperating to a Mexico finally cooperating.
Speaker 2: I mean, these guys around a mile in the ocean trying to float to the United States now and they're catching them out there. But it's like you've had those policies in place for so long, which has led to migration to cities like Cincinnati. But where's the migration coming from. If that stops, nobody is coming here.
Speaker 1: Well, perhaps because the infrastructure is falling apart, seem to have an incompetence in administration, and well they make it very difficult to do business in the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very difficult. Yeah, I mean, and I'm out here, you know, we're doing another business now. I'm heading up to Detroit to go talk to some people on Wednesday, raising some money up there. But it's like, you've got a lot of problems in the Midwest. Detroit's one of the cities, Cleveland obviously, these these russ Belt cities that just haven't been able to turn the corner. And it looked like for a while there we were going to start doing it, but under the current administration, things have just kind of slowed down. Or you got all this crime down on the banks. That project was supposed to be a big deal, and what's that turned out to be? You got what nine acres of land down there that hasn't even been developed and there's no developer in sight.
Speaker 1: And I believe according to the FBI Crime Statistics or an article the other I believe we're number twelve per capita for murder in the entire country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and crime is down according to them.
Speaker 1: According to them, they don't talk about that very much, so do do they. We will continue with Adam Kailer and studio. First, let me make a couple of fine recommendations to you along the lines of mortgages, and I'm talking about Sussette Low's camp with Cross Country Mortgage. She is great at what she does. She's been in the mortgage business for like thirty five years. She is just a sweet lady. You love working with her. Get you through the whole process very quickly and painlessly. She insists on personal service and you will get it. She'll find the right program to fit your needs, and she prides herself on the quality of service for her clients. Veterans, how about you. You can get one hundre percent of your home value with no mortgage insurance. That's right, no mortgage insurance. Plus they have the CCM Cross Country Mortgage Line of Death Benefit, protecting those who protected the US US design to provide medical or rather financial protection for families of first responders. This one time benefit covers your outstanding mortgage balance up to five hundred and twenty five thousand dollars should you fall in the line of duty, God bless the American police officer and the fire department in personnel first responders take advantage of that. Just calls that for all the details to see if you're qualified. But regardless of your mortgage needs, if you got mortgage needs, she's there to help you out and she'll do a great job at it. To reach her, it's five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. That's three one three fifty one seventy six. Send her an email, should get right back to you. Is that dot lowscamp spelled los kamps? Is that dot Low's camp at CCM dot com fifty five The talk station.
Speaker 4: Forty is sponsored by Jackson Hewitt. It matters who does your taxes at Jackson Hewitt Expert Tax Prep is now one hundred and forty nine dollars or less, but only for a limited time. Hurry book your appointment at Jacksonhewett dot com. Today terms at Jacksonhewett dot com. Forward slash forty nine dash one forty nine.
Speaker 1: Here's your channeline weather forecast today. We're gonna see some sunny skies. Were all with the seventy degrees overnight low of fifty two with fouls foudy Tomorrow windy as well. Twenty to thirty miles per hour wins expected seventy for the high till about eight o'clock when the showers and storms roll in, although they say biggest concern is damaging wins overnight thirty eight to low and on Thursday it's going to be a high forty six with a little scattered rain possible. Right now it is thirty nine, in time for a traffic updates from Schuck.
Speaker 2: Ingram from the ucl Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset called a rectal cancer program called five one three five eighty five U see see see north Bend seventy five. You can add an extra five arrow linger into downtown. Same for southbound seventy five through Lachland Glen Way is shut down between Overlook and Gurley due to an accident with a person struck northbound seventy one. No delay passed the wreck above two seventy five left side Chuck king Ramont fifty five KR.
Speaker 1: See the talk station. It's seven thirty coming up at seven thirty one, if you buy Kercity Talk Station Brian Thomas with Adam Caller and studio talking City of Cincinnati issues and troubles and may die him get into some county issues. I saw that you just pointed out that the Brown family actually does spend money here. Finally they could build their whole executive office for what they paid the two players.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Oh that was some That was some big, big money for these guys. I think Jamar's making forty point five million a year now, and uh yeah, they've got Tea at a little over twenty eight. I believe a year a year a year, I think a third of their a third of the salary cap is going to go to those two players, Burrow and then probably Hendrickson when they can resign him, because they got to keep Hendrickson. You don't keep Hendrickson, your defense is worse than it was last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just as the sum is just are mind bogged wining to me. But they can afford it because they have a lot of money on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a road they could fix that we know about. Yeah really yeah, if they're listening, yeah really, Sunset, any want to get some private guys out there to throw some codes down to fix Sunset Avenue. Please do, I'm down, help us out.
Speaker 1: Pivoting back over to Corey Bowman, It's Corey Bowman dot com for those who are interested in hell open out Corey's race. We were talking off air about him being a business owner on the West End and of course not a whole lot of people opening business on the West and he's taking it on the chin. People are suggesting that he is using this campaign as a mechanism to elevate his coffee shop and get people to come in the door of his coffee shop.
Speaker 2: I got into it with them and you know, they hate me online and uh, you know, mostly mostly communists.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't go online.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're well, you know me, I love it. I you know this, It just makes it makes me a better debater, I think when I can, because you got to understand what their what their complaints are. But their complaints are senseless, Like they just doesn't make any any sense at all. You're like, what are you guys even talking about?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And you know most of them are What I've discovered is a lot of them are like service workers, right, so, and I don't know why they don't try to do something else. But you know, nothing against service workers. It just seems to be a parallel between them and communists for some reason. And I don't know why they would they would be so upset about a guy who puts his money where his mouth is and goes into the West End, opens a coffee shop, runs a church, does things in the community, tries to give back, and then they turn that into a negative and say the only reason he's running for mayor is to promote his coffee shop. Believe me, people, if you're running a political campaign, it's taking you out of your business. Yeah, it's not helping you, because there's one less person working down there. You go down there a day, he's down there working. He's down here behind the counter making coffee. I called him up. I was down in Orlando last week. I call him up, Corey, Hey, you know, what do you think about talking about this? He's behind the counter. Can I call you back. I'm I'm making some coffee. Yeah, And I'm like, look at this guy. He's running a campaign, he's working a coffee shop, which you physically have to be at. Right, my business, I own a digital ad agency. I don't have to physically be there doing anything. I could be on my phone and send emails and ask people where projects are. He's got to physically be down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same thing with his church. He not ministering to people online.
Speaker 2: Let me open up the zoom with all the people in the pews and I'll just open it up and I'm I'm little.
Speaker 1: Corey Bowman's using the campaign to as a vehicle to minister before people.
Speaker 2: Just unbelievable. And it's it's what do they want from people? You know, what do you want from a mayor? I mean, do you just want somebody with good hair and and and showing his teeth and keep some you know, keep some nice and white for you? Is that what you want? Well?
Speaker 1: Shades of Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 2: Gavin Newsom right, I mean, we got a we got baby. Gavin Newsom is our mayor right now. And it's like, what do you guys want? Do you want somebody who's just gonna lie to you about things? You know, the results of what this rail deal was gonna do. Nothing has turned out the way they thought it was gonna turn out. It's worse and we all knew the market. It was the longest bull run in the history of the stock market. At some point things have to come crashing down. I mean, these tariffs may be kind of forcing that to happen, but you almost have to, you almost have to get something there to cool things off a little bit. And now what's happening. I mean, they phased this this investment money into the stock market, and it just so happened. They put a big chunk in right before the market dipped. So their return on the equity portion is a little over one percent, like three quarters of a percent. And again, a mile a highway or a mile a road is going to cost you fifty one percent more than it did last year.
Speaker 1: Your number is most notably going to go up again. That's it's always. I mean, inflation is normally what a couple of points. Yeah, so you're guaranteed that it's going to be a couple of points more expensive next year than this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you I mentioned if they had gotten the Brent Spnz bridge project done back when Barack Obama was campaigning at the foot of it talking about building a new bridge, when Trump was standing there, or when about yet, oh, year after year after year, and the price seg just kept going up and up and up.
Speaker 2: That's right. And it's no different than these these these players on the Bengals. Right, if you would have negotiated with them last year, you would have got these guys, you know, ten million dollars cheaper between the two of them.
Speaker 1: Right. But here we are, here we are. Let's pause. We'll bring out them back for a couple more segments before we get to the inside. Scoop and Daniel Davis Deeve dive in the eight o'clock our. In the meantime, I am proud to be able to mention you to go to Bud Herbert Motors. I love those folks. Don't go to the box store. I'm saving you an unnecessary trip. Those folks at the box store their name is not on the box store, but Herbert Motors. You're working with a Herbert family member. They are proud of what they have accomplished over the years, and they've been in business more than seventy five years, offering only the finest lawn equipment out there, world class brands like John Deere, x Mark, mow Or Steel, and Honda Power Equipment. They'll treat you great. They will make sure you're in the right you have the right piece of equipment that will be delivered to you. They service everything they sell and they're knowledgeable about the products they sell. Plus family on an operated business. So support them and they will support you by getting you in the best possible lawn equipment and we'll take great care of you at the same time. So ignore the box store trip. Go directly to Bud Herbertmotors dot com. And when you call them and you're talking to a Herbert family member, which you will, please do tell them. Brian said, Hi, five one three five four one thirty two ninety one. That's five one three five four one thirty two ninety one.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Have you ever worked Channa and I first warning? Weather forecast not bad today. We've got a sunny day. We got a highest seventy overnight down to fifty two with clouds. Tomorrow cloudy but very windy, twenty to thirty mile per hour winds expected. It'll be dry though until around eight pm, seventy degrees the high and then around eight storms roll in. Maybe storms, but they're also concerned about damaging wins thirty eighty overnight low h I have forty six tomorrow with that cold front coming in. It's thirty eight right now, in time for a traffic update run the UCLP Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovate clinical trials and the region's only young onset cobal rectal cancer program called five one three five to eighty five U see see see North Pen seventy five. Getting close to a twenty minute delay between Donaldson and downtown with a broken down just before the bridge blocking the right lane. One way is blocked off between Overlook and Gurley due to an accident involving a person struck. They may move that back to Ferguson. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five kr CEE talk station Bryan tim to see with Adam Kaylor talking politics. Yeah, Dam, it's interesting kind of phenomenon going on. You know, we've you've identified quite a few problems with the city or the roads, bridges, infrastructures seen to be crumbling. Of course, it's a lot more expensive now to fix them than it was. They the Democrats who've run the city now for the last what four decades have allowed this to happen. We obviously have a crime problem, even though no one likes to report on it or talk about it. We've got an administration never speaks positively about the police. We got this Connected Communities program, which designed to put dense, you know, housing in areas that may not want it. In spite of the fact that local communities in fact don't want it. They didn't let any of their local communities vote on the whole concept. So, you know, stepping outside of yourself, if you're a Democrat, and if you look at the wasteland that we're dealing with here, you'd think that people would just sort of wake up to the reality that they've been sold a lie or a myth that the Democrats are the ones that are going to help them out of whatever problems they have, because clearly we're not in a better place. And this is not the only city that's struggling with this.
Speaker 2: Not the only one now, I mean, and and.
Speaker 1: You look at the states that are underwater. It's Illinois, it's New York, It's it's maybe California. I'm not quite sure where they are on a budget standpoint, but I know, Illinois is in a just a financial Charlie foxtrot. Democrats have been running Illinois forever. People are running away from the state.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, wake up and say we need to quit doing the same thing over and over again. It's just it's they love it. They I don't know what it is. It makes them feel good to vote Democrat. They you know, they want to outsource their altruism to people like our mayor.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: They feel like they get awards from for their philanthropy over on the east side Hyde Park mountlookout those type of folks. Uh, there's there's a circle of just everybody kind of working together in the Democratic Party. I feel like, uh, you know, the east Side people get to help the poor with their with their vote, right. Uh, they get awards from these nonprofits because then those Democrats that they elect, they give money to the nonprofits. Yeah, then the nonprofits get back to the people. So I get to go.
Speaker 1: With that with Todd Zinser on the program last.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get I get to feel good about myself. They make me feel good about myself. Republicans don't because Republicans are are giving you back your money, right, instead of giving it to these organizations, it seemed to be filtering it back into political campaigns. And just look how much money some of these local Democrats raise. Just go and look at their finance reports. I mean hundreds of thousands of dollars. And then you got some of them raise. The ones with the bigger names, they'll raise the money and then they'll redistribute the money once they get it to other candidates that may not have the name recognition so they can run their campaigns. I mean, we're lucky at this point that we're even I mean we had a full slate during the last election. I don't know in the future if we could even get people to want to run because they're gonna see and you know, I love it just because I get a soapbox and I can just run my mouth and this is my favorite. So I mean, even if I don't win, at least I get to say we have a Democrat monopoly. It sucks. It's not working. It doesn't work in California, it doesn't work in New York, it doesn't work in Illinois. Why do you think it's gonna work here? When you have one political party in charge, it opens things up to corruption, It opens things up to one set of policies, and you don't have any balance. There's nobody else to raise their hand and say, wait, wait, wait, what's going on? Because as you know, most citizens don't pay attention.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 2: But who does pay attention? You get one Republican, at least one Republican for God's sake, on city council. They'll be there. It's their job to watch the other hand. What is the other hand doing right? If you don't have anybody on there, you just leave it up to the voters and guys like Todd Zenzier to keep an eye on things well.
Speaker 1: And you know the idea of having at least one dissenting voice, even if they are not going to have you know, measurable sway over the direction of the city, they're at least there to challenge the policy on God proposed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just get somebody out there to say, hey, wait a minute, what is going on here? And we have an opportunity. You have two Republican candidates running. You decide who you like there. You know, I've spoken to Corey, I've been down his coffee shop, I've seen the guy working. He seems like a level headed guy. He's a business owner. He's actually doing what we want most people to do.
Speaker 1: Point right there. He's doing it in a difficult, challenging neighborhood, and yet he's sticking it out because he knows he's doing the right thing. He's helping that neighborhood. He's providing his service to the neighborhood. And he's also got his ministry there.
Speaker 2: Uh, walk in the walk as we say, if he was a Democrat, they'd be throwing flowers down in front of him as he walks.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting visual when you think about it. One more with Adam Kehler. Take a quick break here and you know you heard deserves the best care and Chimney Care Fireplace and Stove is there to provide you with the best care. And before the spring showers come, even though they're already here to some degree, take advantage of the Chimney Care Fireplace and Stove Spring special. I love the word free look a free exterior evaluation. Protect your chimney from water damage. Book your free appointment today at two four eight ninety six hundred. You can do it online at chimneycarec dot com. To ensure your chimney stands strong through the seasons and also take advantage of now the spring special a woodburning sweeping evaluation just one sixty nine to ninety nine plus ten five, one, three, two four eight ninety six hundred or go to the website and book the appointment there. It's Chimneycareco Dot com. Fifty five KRC dot com. What in for America? Channel nine says you have decent day in our hands. Today It's going to be sunny, high seventy over night clouds and fifty two Tomorrow mostly cloudy, windy, though too twenty to thirty miles prior winds are expected. It'll remain dry till around eight pm. Seventy for the high, and then around eight that's when the showers and maybe storms show up. Talk about maybe severe storms, but more concern over damaging winds. Low of thirty eight Tomorrow is going to be our Thursday high forty six Right now thirty eight degrees in time for traffic update from the ucl Trampings Center.
Speaker 3: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset cobal rectal cancer program CAP five one three, five eight five UCCC seth Bend seventy five continues to get heavier through low one breakwhits now in Bend seventy four from Montana. Gwen Way Avenue is shut down between Overlook and Gurley due to an early morning accident with the pedestrianstruck Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty if they five kr see the talk station. One more segment here with in studio Adam Kaylor talking mostly City of Cincinnati related issues and topics. And you know, I think we would have a different political dynamic if more people really just paid attention to politics. And this is not something unique to City of Cincinnati. I mean I think most people do not dedicate really any time whatsoever to politics. You know what they do is they get their news from memes. Oh yeah, and I'm not even joking when I say that. You know, a meme can do a lot.
Speaker 2: Somebody sends you a text message with a meme and you know, you laugh at it, but it, yeah, it sets in.
Speaker 1: And sometimes they're great at summarizing complex issues and topics, I will grant, But when it comes to when you have this baked into the whole equation, mindset that Democrats are the only party that's there, and they survive on topics like class warfare and sturring the racial pot of division, none of which you know, really goes to help or serve anyone at all.
Speaker 2: Marxism. It is Marxism, I mean, when when you boil it all down, that's exactly what it is. And you got to understand that entire party survives off of tax dollars. They don't survive off of creating new jobs or business like.
Speaker 1: They're not like the Green New Deal. You know, it wouldn't exist but for the infusion of taxpayer money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not the party of They're the party resentment. They they focus on people who resent other people, jealousy, anger. It didn't work out for me, so the American system doesn't work. A lot of people hate America on the left. They just hate this country. And you know, they they hate you for being successful, They hate me, They hate business owners. They go after guys like Corey who are trying to do what they want them to do. It's like, hey, we need more people to go into these poor neighborhoods and open businesses and support the communities. They don't actually want that right, they want to say they do, But then what happens to their poverty programs, what happens to their homeless programs, what happens all these things when people start getting jobs, they don't actually want businesses to thrive. Which it's like, that's why our city's stagnant. That's why the West End still looks like it does after all these years, when there should be more investment dollars over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I mentioned off air to you. When I was working at the courthouse. I was just intrigued, beyond intrigue because I love architecture and I love, you know, old school craftsmanship. And you know, if you look at Dayton Street and those old millionaire row houses that were there, oh my god, they're so epic beautiful, and yet they never have you know, been a draw. I know, early in the eighties there was some effort of people to go there and rehab them, but it never really took hold because the neighborhood was never revitalized, and I think people were concerned for safety and the like. But you know, that's that's an opportunity right there in and of itself. For for for I want to say, gentrification but that's a bad word now for in some.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're talking about single family homes, and that's not what they want. The whole connected communities thing is, let's throw up a you know, ten unit building where there's there's six to ten unit building on a couple lots, and don't put parking in there, and throw in transitional housing, you know, throw in housing for for people who are in recovery. Uh. You know, that's that's kind of the goal. I mean, that's why they want it near bus lanes because those people don't drive, right, A lot of them don't have licenses. They've got to take it away by the court system. So yeah, just throw a go to go to Hyde Park, knock down a couple, uh you know houses. I mean, I don't think there's a blighted house in Hyde Park anymore. Uh, But but go into these neighborhoods, knocked down some houses. Use this new connected communities thing to throw up six to ten units with no parking and throw some some you know, recovering drug addicts in there.
Speaker 1: You know. Actually, Todd Zenzer pointed out that that's not a connected community related project. In fact, they're seeking a variance from the connected communities. Yeah, to build that and they'll get a massive hotel because it is a in his words, well connected developer. Oh yeah. Kept he kept emphasizing well connected developer, which means the project's going to sail through probably without anybody's in.
Speaker 2: This is how it's in every city. It happens in Miami too. You read all this stuff about what's going on down there, and I mean, it's it's this is just what it is, right, And connected communities is just a way, you know, to push more housing. You know, the more units you have, the less parking you build, the more units you can get in, right because now I don't have to provide parking. People just park on the street or they take the car or whatever. So you know, I make more money per square foot. And it's just it is what it is. But you've got to understand, guys, like at the end of the day and most people, I mean, we're preaching the choir here for a lot of people, but we've got to get out there. We've got to support our candidates. We've got to understand that this city is being run by people who don't necessarily have any motivation to help out the small business owner. You can help out the large businesses and do what they want. And a lot of times, you know Procter in particular, you know, they promote DEI and things like that, and they've they've bought in, so a lot of their employees are going through those training programs and things like that, and they end up voting to the left because of that. But guys, Hyde Park, you got to understand, this stuff is now at your doorstep. It wasn't at your doorstep for a long time. So you had you had all the leeway in the world to just feel good and just you know, be kind to everybody and have all this compassion and virtue signal, you know, until it's at your front door, until there's a homeless person on your steps sleeping, or they pop a tent up in your backyard. You know, I don't live in the greatest neighborhoods. I mean it's right by me all the time. Right, there's drug dealers, there's people with tents, There's all that stuff that's been happening for years. I'm for Price Hill. Price Hill's got problems, right, we got the road problems, we got poverty problems. They don't see it they're in their little secluded community. But guess what, guys, this Hyde Park Square situation, what's gonna come from that. There's a lot of stuff that's gonna happen, and it's gonna start coming to your doorstep. And if you don't start straightening up and voting the right way, we're gonna have issues.
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure, Adam Carolla gets your candid assessment on things going on in the greater Cincinnati area. You're always welcome on the Morning show. Keep up the great work. I know you will be hearing from you. Yeah, whether on the air or off the air, Folks, stick around inside Scoop with Bright Bart News, the return of John Carney, the economics editor and co author of Breke Bart Business Digest. We'll be talk in tariffs in the economy, plus Daniel Davis with a deep dive with the latest on Russia, Ukraine, Israel and Hamas. That'll be after the news. Hope you can stick around.
Speaker 2: Covering Trump's first one hundred days day every.
Speaker 1: Day promise is made. The promise is
Speaker 2: Kevin fifty five krs the talk station