Speaker 1: It's night side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you easy.
Speaker 2: Or right. We are talking during this hour, as we did last hour, about the announcement today from Robert F. Kennedy Junior. RFK Junior basically suspending his campaign, requesting that his name be taken off the ballot in battleground states, and endorsing Donald Trump. It is something that one would not have anticipated a couple of weeks ago, but it's pretty clear that at this point RFK Junior fields he was treated unfairly, not only by the Democratic Party, by the DNC, but also by the major networks. And this is just a little bit of what he said today. Let me he talked about the issues driving this decision. Cut thirty one.
Speaker 3: Rob President Trump says that he will reopen negotiations with President bluten And and the war overnight as soon as he becomes president. This alone which justify my support for his campaign. Last summer, it looked like no candidate was willing to negotiate a quick end of the Ukraine War, to tackle chronic disease epidemic, to protect free speech our constitutional freedoms, to clean corporate influence out of our government, or to defy the neo cons and their agenda of endless military adventurism. And now one of the two candidates has adopted these issues as his own, to the point where he has asked to enlist me in his administration. I'm speaking of courses of Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: So he's endorsing Donald Trump. Tonight he appeared RFK. Drew and you appeared with Donald Trump at a rally in Glendale, Arizona. Earlier in the days, Former President Trump responded to the RFK endorsement Cut thirty two, Roub.
Speaker 4: We just had a very nice endorsement from RFK Junior. Bobby and I'll be talking about that. We're heading out right after this. We're going to be going to Arizona. We'll be talking about that and a lot of other things too. But I just want to thank everybody, and I want to thank Bobby.
Speaker 2: That was very nice. That was really very nice. That's bag.
Speaker 4: He's a great guy, respected by everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that there are some sound bites that are available of Donald Trump trashing Robert Kennett Robert F. Kennedy Junior, But as of today, obviously he's all on board. We only have only lines opener six, one, seven, thirty, getting your reaction to the Democratic Convention convention, which I think was a huge success for the Democratic Party. Little short on substance, but certainly stylistically very appealing. We mentioned last night the acceptance speech by the Vice president, Vice President Harris Well written, was a better accepted speech to Donald Trump's accepted speech in my in my opinion, and if you were an American who wasn't necessarily tuned into politics and didn't have a commitment one way or the other, I think that you would find at this point if you look just at those two acceptance speeches, you would find Vice President Harris a much more attractive candidate than Donald Trump. But let us see if you like to join the conversation. Six one, seven, nine thirty. Let me go to Sandra in Carver, Massachusetts. Heisandra next on NIGHTSACER.
Speaker 5: Right ahead, Hi, how are you well. I'll tell you I voted for all these Democrats through the years. Voted for only one Republican and that was Reagan. But he took away all my childcare and I lost control of my kids. However, I'm totally disgusted with what's going on, and I do not appreciate the border where everybody's just flying across the border and they're set up in hotels and getting free meals and getting everything free, and I thing else and I'm totally disgusted with that. I'm also disgusted with the treatment of JFK jr.
Speaker 2: R r f K Junior. Go ahead, r f K Jr.
Speaker 5: You know what it is. I wrote, I wrote, JFK problem.
Speaker 2: Just helping out, that's all, not a problem, Sandra, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So anyways, I helped to put him, My signature was on the ballot to help him in Massachusetts here. But I think he probably should have made more people aware of what's wrong with his speech, because people think he's unhealthy when he's not. He's very healthy and it's just some kind of vocal cord problem of some sort.
Speaker 2: And you know, but anyway, I thought, I don't know specifically, I could look it up, but I certainly know that sometimes singers. I think that Adele was treated for some sort of a vocal cord problem here in Boston. Steven Tyler, I think has had that product sort of a problem. I don't know how long Robert F. Kennedy Junior has had the problem. It's difficult to listen to because it feels you feel like he's uncomfortable, but right apparently it doesn't bother him. And I don't think there's something that can be done easily or quickly, or I assume it would have been done, you know, by by him at some point in the past. But he's got he's got a little bit of a I don't want to call it a speech impediment, but it's you have to listen to what he says.
Speaker 5: So right, well, he speaks extremely well. He's highly intelligent, and he was involved with the environmental groups for years and helped a lot of environmental problems, especially in New York that I that I remember.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this. With him out of the race, he will be on the ballot in Massachusetts, what what you as as a Will you vote for him in spite of his endorsement of Trump or will you follow his lead and vote either reluctantly or happily for Trump.
Speaker 5: I'm going to have to watch everything and listen to everything. Trump and the Republicans are anti environmentalists, and I don't know if Kennedy may come on strong and the fact that he is of a very strong stature, he's very respectful.
Speaker 2: Why would he have endorsed Trump then if that's an important issue to Robert Kennedy. And when you say they're anti environmentalist, what do you mean.
Speaker 5: By that, Well, it's been a lot of Like for instance, Obama did band chloropyrrapis, which is a pesticide which has been in most of our food, which actually harms children's brains and probably is the cause of a lot of the autism.
Speaker 2: So a pesticide which is sprayed on fruits and vegetables and that's how it gets in.
Speaker 5: That's right, it's been just in for a number of years. Obama banded Trump it back and they're trying I don't know if it's I know it's banned in some places. They're trying to get it totally out. And that's one of the ones.
Speaker 2: And that's an issue that drives you a vote. It's not abortion, it's not the immigration. The borders is not the top issue for you. The top issue for you is environment and climate or environment.
Speaker 5: Well, the environment is everything. It's the minds of our children, neurological illnesses.
Speaker 7: If I keep.
Speaker 2: Calling my shell, because Sandra, I'd love to know where you finally land here, and if you turn to be at the end of the day a Trump voter, that will say one thing. If you end up voting for Harris or not voting at all, it might say something else, But I would be I just I'm interested in how people It's really funny different people come to their decision who to vote for it differently, and I've recognized that for a long time. I don't know that every person understands that, but I think every individual has a set of reasons why they vote the way they do.
Speaker 5: Kennedy did say in some of these excerpts of your station here that you know, if you still want to vote for me, if I'm on the ballot, vote for me. He may be eyeballing how many people were actually voting for him.
Speaker 2: What he was doing there. Let me explain to you what he was doing there. He was saying that he was only asking that his name be taken off the ballot in battleground states. So, for example, in Massachusetts, Donald Trump will not carry Massachusetts, so Robert F. Kennedy Junior will have his name in the ballot in Massachusetts. You could vote for him in Massachusetts, and a vote for Donald Trump is not going to win. He's not gonna win Massachusetts. So everybody will come to this this situation, uh differently, through a through a different process. And I like the fact that people like you actually have a reason why they're vot voting in such a way. That's what's important, you know. Don't go to the polls and be blind and say, well, I'm a Democrat, my father was a Democrat, my mother was a Democrat, or I'm a Republican. Look at the issues and decide which issues are important to you. For some women, abortion is an overriding issue. For others, it's immigration, for others it's inflation. Figure out what issues are important to you, and it might be that out of five important issues, you agree with one of the candidates on three or four, and you disagree. That's the way to do it. It's just don't, you know, just don't vote. I would rather see everybody vote based upon the person and not upon the party. I think we need to get past that. I firmly believe that.
Speaker 5: Right. Well, I'm independent, so I've always you know, tried to vote accordingly, but it was through the Democrat Party tended to be a little bit more environmental so that's why one of the reasons, and also keep me posted.
Speaker 2: I've got to break because I've got a commercial and I got other folks, and I want to get everybody in. Sandra, I know your regular caller, Please keep calling the show. I really do appreciate your calls and your thoughtfulness.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, have a great weekend.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 2: We'll be back right after this break. On Nightside, the only line is six one, seven, two, ten thirty. It might feel very quickly, so dial quickly.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've got a couple of folks who have been on through the news. Let me go first to Kevin and then we'll go to Steve Kevin next on Nightside.
Speaker 7: Go right ahead, Hey Dan, how are we doing.
Speaker 2: I think I'm doing fine tonight. I'm enjoying the conversation. I hope you are as well. Feel free. What would you like to contribute?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So, I'm not gonna lie. When I heard that Kennedy was endorsing Trump, and I know he's not dropping out thing quotes around that, but he's basically saying I'm throwing my way behind Trump.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 8: I was extremely disappointed. I was really disappointed. I was planning to vote for him. I don't agree with him on a lot of his policies, but I liked that idea of a potential strong third party candidate.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 8: I think another another color commented on this, like maybe forty five minutes ago or so. I think his name was Stephen. He was talking about how, you know, how the Democratic Party, how Kamala Harris has focused on mostly on just bash from Trump and I feel like, though, that goes both ways. And I feel like that's what the politics is becoming. We're not talking about policies, we're not talking about the issues. We're ignoring the issues and focusing on I don't like that guy, and I don't like her, and I don't like that person.
Speaker 7: That person I'm a vote for who I like, not.
Speaker 8: For policies that are going to benefit means, my family, my neighbors.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Kevin, let me just jump in for a second here, let me run this one by you. I would argue, you know, just with you here and say that when when Vice President Harris talks about abortion rights, reproductive freedom as it referred to by the Democrats, not only does she want to make it very clear that on that issue she is in favor of as much reproductive freedom as possible for women, but she also wants to say, to anyone who's even on the fence, look at my position compared to Donald Trump's position, and she says that, you know, Trump wants to have a federal ban on abortion. So not only do these candidates highlight their own position, but they then highlight the negative position as they see it or the other person. Trump does it on immigration. You know, he wants to close the borders, he wants to seal the boarders, wants to deport people. But then he points out that Kamala Harris has been the boarders are for three and a half years and the board has been wide open. So in they all talk about what they believe in, but then they turn around and they criticize the other person. And as long as they're doing that in the talking about issues, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 8: I see what you're saying.
Speaker 6: I do. I do agree.
Speaker 8: I get what you're saying. You're not You're not wrong. I think though that it becomes I don't know. If you listen to Trump's interview with el Musk or his sit down with Elon Musk.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure how you classify that, but.
Speaker 8: A lot of it was I was doing this great. Biden ruined it, right, I do obviously, you know, especially if you get into like your MSNBC or Fox News, there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of there's a lot of Look, Donald Trump leads the league in personal attacks. The other day he was saying that I'm better looking than than Kamal Kamala Harris.
Speaker 8: I mean the golf game argument.
Speaker 2: But it's like it's like little kids on the on the school yard. And if you remember when uh Joe Biden challenged Trump, if you remember, uh, Trump in like April and May was saying, I'll debate Biden anywhere, anytime, any place, okay, And Biden took him up on that, and Biden said he they released a video one morning, early in early in the morning in June from White House, and was Joe Biden looking great, saying all right, Donald, you want a debate, I'm ready, okay, make my day. I mean, it was it was like, you know, like people in a bar room almost and that was okay. And of course it turned out to be the downfall of Joe Biden, ironically, but he had asked for He asked for the debate, and then you see how it goes. I just I think it would be great. I try tonight, and I will try every night between now and November. Give you my word, when someone's trying to attack people on an dominum basis, I'm going to try to jump in and say, look, you know, let's let's just put that. Let's put that aside because one of these people are going to be elected. And can the country rally around the country is deeply divided? Can we rally around one of these people when they were elected president? I'm not sure we can.
Speaker 8: I So I'll a little bit about myself. I'm probably I feel like I'm a little bit younger than some of the other pollers here. I'm not even thirty yet. I'm a history major, polyside minor the following. My dad got me onto politics when I was like ten years old. Like you got to sit down and watch Tim Russell meet the press, you know, Sunday morning. So I don't think that either of these candidates is going to be able to reunite the current political divisions. I just don't see it. And I look, I understand what you're saying, but a lot of that to me is political theater, right, It's the theater of politics as opposed to the substance of it, and I think that is where we're lacking a lot on both sides, and I think that that is leading to a neglect of the people.
Speaker 6: We see.
Speaker 8: Suit, you were talking other night with somebody from a suicide prevention group. Suicide is rising, drug addiction is rising, poverty is rising. These are having real world impacts for American families. And the politicians, though, seem to be more concerned about putting on this political theater hitting these certain topics right. For the Democrats, it's you know, women's health. You know women's health, right to abortion. For the Republicans it's the border. There's obviously there's a lot more in between them skipping over a lot here.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you're right now, you've analyzed it correctly. There's no doubt about that. But that's the way we run campaigns in this country. You could make the argument the campaigns for too long, you can have all of that argumentation back and forth, but the bottom line is this is what we have.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: I was not happy with the idea that we were going to have a rerun of two thousand and twenty, or rather twenty twenty and twenty twenty four. I use the line that President Obama used the other night. I've said, if you've listened to my show, Kevin, I've said, I've seen this movie before. I didn't like his ending the first time. President Obama said, and the sequels are never better the other night. So I don't know. I mean, if you're if you are concerned that poverty is rising, suicides are up, inflation and all of that, you would be the sort of person who theoretically would turn around and say, Okay, the Democrats have had the control of things for three and a half four years. It's time for a change. But I don't think so. I think you're going to be probably be a Democratic voter come November.
Speaker 8: I well, like I said, originally plan to vote for Rik because I do believe that I don't think either party can really address the problems.
Speaker 2: I think we need to say, well, you still his name is going to be in the ballot, by the way, so you could still cast that vote, and that's fine.
Speaker 8: I might I might also look at you know, I might look at doctor West, I might look at doctor Stein. I'm not sure who the Libertarians are running.
Speaker 7: I try to.
Speaker 8: Vote third party as much as possible, because again, this divisiveness between the Democrats and Republicans and the control they have, the factor that RFK wasn't allowed to participate in that debate. Things like that to me, well, what about the fact.
Speaker 2: That RFK was denied Secret Service protection?
Speaker 8: Absolutely ridiculous. The man should have had it the moment he became a Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Yep, thank god, he had a thing.
Speaker 8: Every person says, I want to run for president should have it. But he was very much a public figure, a well known political figure and public figure, and his.
Speaker 2: Family had lost two people. There was if there was ever going to be an exception. Okay, so, but that was a decision made by may Orcus and the Biden administration. They could have given him secret Service protection. That they made a decision, and Bobby Kennedy talked about that today. They made a decision. They wanted him to spend his own money on personal security, because obviously he had personal security, but he didn't get it from the US government. And that is something that I called several months ago pernicious and evil and vile, and I think.
Speaker 8: It was I agree with that statement. Yeah, I wasn't there. I wasn't listening to the show when you said it, but I will agree.
Speaker 7: With it now.
Speaker 2: All right, Kevin, do me a favor. Become a regular caller here. Okay. I really would really appreciate that.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, Well, I'll talk to you soon, I hope.
Speaker 2: So, I hope you become a regular. I mean that seriously. Thanks. I appreciate a whole lot. When we get back from the break, we have a regular on the other side, Stephen Bridgewater. We got Lucas and Maryland, Mike and Harris. We're gonna get everybody in. We're going to go until eleven o'clock, so you better start dialing if you want to weigh in on this. We have one line open back on Night Side. Of course, we will go to the twentieth hour. Not sure what I'm going to do in the twentieth hour tonight, but we'll have fun. We'll lighten it up, I promise you. After a pretty heavy duty week back on Nightside, after.
Speaker 1: This, it's Night Side Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got to pick up the pace here, that's my fault. Let's go to Stephen Bridgewater. Steve, your thoughts on rfk's endorsement of Donald Trump today.
Speaker 7: Sure, Dan, you're like a mad that I can't stay away from you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'll think that as a compliment.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Steve, Yeah, yeah, you should, you should, you should. Okay, I got a lot of facts, but there's at least so many of them I can give you tonight. Okay, Kennedy, I'm Kennedy Junior.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think the the the Democrats definitely threw him under the political boss, and I hope they live to regret it. They're gonna kick themselves from the butt because as you said, so many are gonna hold for commare so many for Trump and nose in the middle. Independence are the way you say, are going to decide the elect to push it either way. And I think that could that could make the difference for truth. I think I hope that turned out to be a fatal move in a long run for the Democrats.
Speaker 2: Well, again, the thing that bothered me. I understand that they weren't happy with with him running, but to deny him Secret Service protection, and I would say to the other members of the Kennedy family. You above all should be it should have been working behind the scenes with the Biden administration, since you're so supportive of them and said, look, he is our blood relative, he's our brother, he's our uncle. Whatever. Yeah, you know, for them to withhold secret Service protection from Robert F. Kennedy Junior, that's as you said at the time, it was vile. It was, it was, it was dangerous, Thank god. It was disgusting. Absolutely, I mean you know, I look, could any person be the victim of sure, absolutely, I mean I I would Look. We saw with Donald Trump, I mean he came close to being killed in Butler, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't until that moment that the Biden administration decided to give Bobby Kennedy Secret Service protection.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Unacceptable, unacceptable.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 7: A couple other things about Kamala's big speech last night. I didn't listen to most of the Dan, I'll tell you, because I know what she stands for, so I don't I don't even want to listen to the half the nonsense that he was going to say. But the few things that I heard, Oh, he has a nerve, Dan, a nerve to come out and and bring up the January sixth episode with Trump. And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm interested why why?
Speaker 7: Okay, why, I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you why because four years ago she stood up and supported the demonstrators were burning cities down across the country and came up with the fund, raised the fund to burn, to burn the cities down. And these are people again, do you know what their intentions would have been. They wanted to burn police officers alive in their clusions.
Speaker 2: Well, in Minnesota they burned a police station. They destroyed a police station.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, they burned a police station. And and was it Seattle?
Speaker 2: It was in Minneapolis.
Speaker 7: It was in Minneapolis, right, No, but there was another one in Seattle they burned down where nine calls for the entire city of Seattle were answered. Remember the summer of live out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I remember that very well. I remember that very well.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was it was a disgrace that the city of Seattle did not allow the police force to do their jobs. We actually had the head of the police union on with us. Look, there's a lot of hypocrisy here. There's a lot of hypocrisy to go around.
Speaker 7: It shows you the end. How how's what she thinks of law enforcements, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, of course she's now saying I was a prosecutor, I did this, I was tough on crimes. So let's let it all come out. Let's see what the facts are and let people be exposed to it, to the best facts possible, and then make make decisions on the facts, not on your emotions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that what I said that. No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Disputing those effects. But it's also a fact that Donald Trump was the sorest loser of a presidential election in history, and there have been other elections that are actually closer. You know, when when Richard Nixon lost to John Kennedy in nineteen sixty was very close, and there was some questions at the time when Al Gore lost to George Bush, it was very close. And for Trump to have summoned that crowd to come to washing And on January sixth, even though he said to them all, you know, walk up there peacefully. So he covered his bot by saying walk up there peacefully. But yeah, it was disgraceful what those folks did. Okay, I'm not talking about the people came to go to go. I'm talking about the people who smash windows. My tax dollars pay pay for those My tax dollars pay for the salaries of those police officers who were hurt her. So yeah, I forgive them for that. Okay, And I think on that she has the high ground despite the fact that you know, she was a supporter of the Minnesota bail Fund. Yeah, all right, see things always. I appreciate you. I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Call.
Speaker 2: We will talk, I'm sure next week.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, all right, thank you, my friend.
Speaker 2: I have a gray. Well, let me go down to Maryland, going to go to Lucas and Marylynd. Lucas, you're next time, nightsager, Right ahead, Lucas, you're with us.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, thanks for taking my car. I appreciate you. I I always call you. I listened to you all the time. I called on my way into work and I stopped and got something to eat, so it took me a little bit to pick up.
Speaker 2: Sorry, no problem, I caught you at a bad time. Okay, I'll try not to do that again. Go ahead, Lucas.
Speaker 9: So so I just love what you're saying. So it's all about policies like I'm not a big I'm not a big Trump person, like he says things that he shouldn't say, and and and you know what I mean, like you were saying before the January sixth thing was probably, you know, of recent times, one of the most disrespectful things that has ever happened. But I know when he was in charge and he was the president, the economy was much better. Gas was less than two dollars, I was I was able to invest money. I was able, and I want that back. And then when you talk about Harris and yeah, maybe her speech was a lot better. Maybe it was. It was the whole DNC thing was nice and stuff, but they didn't talk about any policies. And then she's trying to separate herself from all the policies that had been going on, that been put in with the Biden Hairs administration.
Speaker 2: She didn't even mention the policies. She didn't mention any policies. That was what was interesting.
Speaker 9: None none, I have no idea what she's running on. You see what I'm saying, So there's not even argument. I even kind of like Kennedy, I feel bad to say this, and I feel a little bit immature about it. But it's hard to listen to him sometimes, Like I like the thing that he puts out, but I think that hurts him a little bit, like it's kind of hard that doesn't follow.
Speaker 2: It probably does. It's great if the speaker. Look I thought that the Vice president delivered that speech perfectly last night. Her timing was exquisite. I'm just talking from the point of view of the presentation. There was not as a lot of substance there, but she told the story of growing up with a single mom and and how difficult things were. And she told the story of being successful and wanting to become a lawyer because a friend of hers in school. Now I don't know if that's true, but you know, that's that's what she said. Uh uh. And she was. She was very likable last night. Okay, very likely were as we're I found her to be much more real and down to earth than her vice presidential candidate.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I agree with you on that a lot.
Speaker 2: I look at him like he thinks he's playing a role of you, but he's in somehow a TV series, the coach who became vice president.
Speaker 9: You know, I mean, yeah, he's a little bit different, Like, I agree with you on that, but I'm just saying, like you've been saying this the whole time I've been listening to you, Let's don't let's still vote on emotions. Let's don't vote on personalities. Let's vote on policies. I don't even know what so she's running away from the things that her and Biden put into place. I don't know what she I don't know what she's running on at all. And I know what Trump's running on. I don't like some of the things he says. I don't like the way he presents himself sometimes without a doubt, But I like what is being put on paper, like like I like that stuff.
Speaker 2: I feel like she's gotten away. The media has has has given her a free pass now again. Her circumstances are extraordinary. She has become a presidential candidate within the last month. Okay, no one voted for her, she didn't campaign for it, she had no delegates. As I've used the phrase, it's almost like an immaculate confirmation. It's it's it's a mystery, Okay. But I think there's more to the story, and I think that in time we will find out that there were people in the White House who might have set Joe Biden up. He could not have been as bad as he was the night of that debate. They could not have let him walk out on stage. Someone had to have that he's not ready, and it would have been better that night for his purpose to have said, look, he's he's dealing with a horrible you know, indigestion or you know whatever, and and he just kind of he cannot physically be there tonight. We'll try to We'll try to reschedule something for later. But I think he was set up. I really do think he do.
Speaker 9: You know who I blame the most out of that. I still do this all time. And I talked to my mom about it, because you know, their elderly, And I blamed Jill Biden, the wife of him, knows that he was not in the right place. She should have tapped him on the shoulder a long time ago. She wanted to stay the first lady.
Speaker 2: I think I think she really did. But but what I'm saying is I think there was a group within the White House who made a determination sometime in May, he's not he's this this dog won't hunt or this this horse won't race. They decided that it was a law lost cause. And I think he gets set up, I really do. I agree with you, you know, but but I can't prove it yet. So let's see. Eventually the story will start to leak out here, and I'm sure.
Speaker 9: That it will come about in like ten twenty years.
Speaker 2: I don't think it'll be that long. I don't think it'll be that long, but I think there will be. And I don't think it was It will have been the vice president. I'm not suggesting that Kamala hamm.
Speaker 6: No, no, I agree with you, No, no, no.
Speaker 2: I think that they were like the Grand pubas. I think that Pelosi was in on it. I think President Obama was in on it, and they probably all had these conversations and said, look, he's he's just not he's the shell of what he was now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again, I don't know what happened between the guy that gave the State at the Union address and he gave as good as he got that night, uh, and and what happened on the debate. But but his decline could not have been that precipitous. It was only about three months.
Speaker 9: It will like Biden couldn't be in the same state with Obama.
Speaker 7: And stuff like that.
Speaker 9: They he spoke on Monday. I think the Obama spoke on Wednesday, maybe, but like Biden wasn't even there anymore.
Speaker 2: Also, you know, President Biden received his his accolades on Monday, and he and his wife family got on the plane and headed to California for a two weeks vacation. Look, no love, he calls, man, But I got three I got to get to and I got a break I'm looking at. So I'm gonna let you run. Come on back more often, will you? You're a thoughtful caller. Thank you?
Speaker 9: Okay, thanks you soon.
Speaker 2: Okay. I got Harris and John and Mike, and I got a little bit of room if you want to try. H We're going to change topics for the twentieth hour at eleven o'clock. I think I'm figuring out what we're gonna do. Six. I'm not going to announce it. Yeah, six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. One line there and six one, seven, nine, three, ten thirty Harris and John and Mike. You're all set. I guarantee you you guys will get in and we'll see how much time we have, depending upon who else wants to give us a quick call? Coming back on night Side.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the window World, Nice night Studios. I'm DOMENYBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We're only here about seven and seven, seven or eight minutes left in this hour, so I'm going to ask everybody to tighten it up just a little bit. And I apologize for that, but that is kind of the I'd love to get as many points of view in as possible. Let's go to Harrison in New York. Harrison next on knights IG. Go right ahead, Harrison.
Speaker 6: Yeah, second call. You told me not to be a stranger after I call the first time.
Speaker 2: That's a week. Welcome back, Welcome back, Harrison.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll try to make this fast.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I don't know what causes autism. I am autistic myself, and whatever caused my autism occurred in the nineteen thirties, so I can't I can't answer.
Speaker 2: For that fair enough. Okay.
Speaker 6: Uh so I'm what some people would say up there. Okay, I'm older than Joe Biden by a good clip.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what's your point?
Speaker 6: Okay, as far as Kamala Harris's speech, you hit that already she didn't do anything much with issues, although she's expressed herself on issues elsewhere, and some of the things Donald Trump says, See, I I grew up in the New York area and culturally. When he says I'm better looking than than Kamala Harris, that's tongue in Cheeky's being funny.
Speaker 2: Well helps Harrison, that's for sure, because I think some people take it literally.
Speaker 6: I I don't take it literally, even though I'm autistic, and autistic people tend to. I'm sure it was. It was tongue in cheek, and he meant it facetiously because yeah, yeah, you know, he he does things for the for the for the value of that. He likes to do things of that sort. And it's not you know, it wasn't a serious comment.
Speaker 2: All right, friend, if Harrison, I hate to do this to you, but I'm flat. I got full calls behind you. We're going to change topics. I beg your indulgence, come on back a little earlier, and I get you to give you more time. I promise.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Real quickly, we're going to go next to John and Dedhi. John, you gotta be quick for me. Go ahead, John, Okay.
Speaker 7: There real quick. What a kitty really got me thinking about? I thought he was a fact at criticized me, what's wrong with our politics day? Yes, he was sixty one. I've never seen a party an administration so corrupt. The Democrats are right now. The Democratic Party is nothing like it was back in the sixties seventies. And what I would like Do you remember a caller a few weeks ago, I think your name was Kate when she said Rachel Maddow was right down the middle. Yeah, yeah, and you know what to spend that night? I do, because you're part of the media. It seems like the media is playing more and more of a role every election on who gets elected and the cover ups, and it's it's unbelievable what I was see mainstream media did not letting the public know. What I'd like to see is a debate between conservative media panel and a lipple media panial. They get to call each other out. Every network has to carry us. Everybody can hear all of that.
Speaker 2: I think that some of the media coverage of the Democrats in the last week or so has been sycophantic. Literally, I mean It's almost as if they're just writing press releases. Couldn't agree with you want, John, I want to try to get a couple more in. So I loved your call, and please call more often. Where are we going to go next? Mike and Beverley? Mike, you got to be quick for me, you know that. Go ahead?
Speaker 7: Mike, Hey, dear, how are.
Speaker 2: Just give it me quickly? Because they got two behind you. Go ahead.
Speaker 10: I'm realistic. Capital gains sacks is the new tax you want to try on for all one and their home profit annually.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, call again a little earlier and let's die.
Speaker 10: You know I'll tell you about it. Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks Mike, appreciate it. Let's keep rolling, going to get now you've only been on a few minutes.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: Let me go next to Rick and Bill Rick A, Rick, please be quick so I can get John and Drake it in as well.
Speaker 11: I will. Sure I wouldn't be so impressed by Kamala Harris last night. Sure she stated her point, She did it well. She didn't cackle. Ye, she told her story. But it was it was it was very empty and substance and and and rich and rhetoric. I said, that, you know, like you said, so, I wouldn't be so impressed. I mean, for any half brained person, you could clearly see she looked.
Speaker 2: She looked like a better presidential candidate than I think Joe Biden would have.
Speaker 11: Maybe not maybe I guess, but not not not as much as as Trump. But but I wouldn't be so impressed. I mean, you know the score, you know what I'm saying, and I got to.
Speaker 2: Call it fairly, and I'm just telling you it was she she delivered a great speech, much better.
Speaker 11: Than she also said he had dumb so security, which is no proof.
Speaker 2: No, that was that was untrue. That was untrue, and I explain that. Yes, I'm very much aware of that. I mentioned that last night as well. Rick. I got to get one more into I want you scream, thank you much, John and Drake, and I'd give about twenty seconds of the last call of the hour, you give me your whatever you want to give.
Speaker 6: Me the best shot between between the state reunion and then of course the debate.
Speaker 7: I think that they just did not hit him with enough at all.
Speaker 10: I don't think they hit him up enough.
Speaker 2: Well, they might have been, I don't know.
Speaker 7: He failed miserably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. It was a different person in the debate than I saw a few minutes early at the State of the Union. Message.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, I'll just say this on the close. Let me tell you this. I said this in sixteen. I didn't say the last one.
Speaker 7: It's Donald Trump. He's gonna blow him out.
Speaker 2: We will see. I don't. I think it's going to be a much closer election than you than you predict. But if I'm wrong, I want to call me back. You take a you take a victory lap.
Speaker 7: For enough you get, you get a free pizza.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks John, talk to you soon. Wea come back. Twentieth Hour. I think I know what I'm gonna do, but I'm not totally true. So let's hold off. I'll tell you right after the eleven o'clock news our twentieth hour subject for the week.