Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Depictions Media Radio. Welcome to Policy and Rights we show. Okay, welcomer Policy, Human Joys. Welcome back to Policy and right here Depictions Media Radio. I'm your host, my clogs. All right, So in this next episode, what we are going to hear and discuss, Well, we're still kind of stuck on the Donald Trump thing, and we're gonna we're gonna hear comments from Melanie Jolie about showing up borders as as anyone in the world knows that the longest and most unprotected border between countries in the world is between the US and Canada. Well, and that because is there because of kind of a symbiotic kind of relationship to Canada and the United States actually have. Well, mister Trump wants to wants to kind of end that relationship. He wants he wants more protection across that border, and he wants Canada to actually pay for that protection to be there. He wants to ensure that there will be no illegal drugs, there will be no illegal immigrants, which there is virtually none of matter of fact, if the illegal drugs crossing that border actually come from the United States into Canada, I know that if I go to a certain point in near where I live, that I can watch what. I don't even need binoculars to see them dropping the illegal fitanol, cocaine, whatever the substance is into the water just south the beach and see another little boat go out and bring it back into Canada. In which case we hear about in Surrey, BC, these large seizures of weapon caches and illegal drugs that actually were smuggled in from the United States into Canada, not the other way around. Mister Trump needs to actually get his facts straight. He needs to actually get his figures correct, because he would find that he's more of a detriment to Canada than Canada is to the United States. Anyway, we're going to continue and we're going to listen to what Jolie and has to say, because what she is trying to do is circumvent or prevent terrorists from happening. And she's she's going at this as as a diplomat, which she is a great diplomat. She knows what she's doing. When when with diplomacy, she knows how to negotiate with political and government officials, well, there's where the problem begins. When dealing with Donald Trump because he's neither of those. He may be sitting in the seat of the president of the United States, he may be in the oval office, but he knows he knows nothing about diplomacy, and he knows nothing about truly running a government. He knows nothing about compassion for people. All he knows is I want my way, and I'm going to do whatever it takes to get my way. And trying to deal with him on a as as a reasonable person is probably gonna be a mistake. But we're gonna hear comments from from Melanie Jolie as she's also talking about trying to circumvent mister Trump by using the fact that each and every governor has power to either accept or deny what the federal government is actually doing. When when it comes to dealing with with uh with sources from outside the country, they have the right to to circumvent the tariff at at a state level when the products alive arrive into their particular state. So there she is actually trying to deal with with some things that way. Also, she is also trying to deal with homeland security and the fact that they want to keep that border between the US and Canada demilitarize. They don't want to see a lot of military action or any of those sort of things happen on that border. One parts of that border, uh is is deep inside of forested areas and make making it very hard to to to use human beings to patrol the area. They have a lot of electronic devices and things like that to actually monitor what is happening along that border, and if you do something illegal along along there, it does actually come up on either side of that there would be trouble on the way. So it isn't an unprotected It is a demilitarized border, but it is not an unprotected border. And that is the thing to remember is that there are a lot of devices, satellites and things like that that are actually monitoring that border and keeping it under control. So we're also going to hear from the Green Party as there is a co leadership situation happening there. Elizabeth May and Jonathan Pernall are going to co lead the Green Party and they have a lot of initiatives that would protect our environment as well as increase our commerce so that hey, Canada becomes the country it's supposed to be the Canada of Great Commerce, the Canada of great compassion, the Canada of great environment, the Canada that looks out for every life that is on our planet. So with that, why don't we start with Melanie Jolie and then we will eventually lead into Elizabeth May and Jonathan and as they talk about the Green Party and its future. And as a sidebar, we're actually going to hear from Ontario where they are talking about new healthcare amendments it and how their healthcare system is not leaving anyone behind.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, San David McGuinty. So we just came out of another very important Canada US meeting UH and our two objectives were the same. First to work on preventing tariffs and second working also on our response should there be tariffs. When it comes to the first point on preventing tariffs, first and foremost, our objective is to make sure that we prevent tariffs and we believe that we can do so. How can we do so? We will continue to engage with our different American counterparts. I'll be heading to Washington to meet Marco Rubio on Wednesday, and also I'll be in contact and I've been in contact with Tom Holman, the borders are of President Trump. David and I are having conversations with Tom Holman shortly, and we know that President Trump has been referring a lot to the border. Again, we have a very good border plan. It is being implemented, and David will be able to talk to you about the latest on this front. When it comes to our trade relationship, also, of course, we know that the US has a surplus with US if we don't take into account our energy exports, which are driven by the US demand. So at this point, the trade surplus that the US has with US is around sixty billion dollars, which includes goods and services. We are the largest export market for thirty six states of the United States, and we're still the biggest customer to the US. So Canada is the biggest customer to the US. So that's for the first point, which is preventing tariffs. When it comes to the second point of our response, we will be ready for day one, and we've been saying that and we are ready. I'll be talking this week to the British Foreign Minister. I'll be also talking to key European foreign ministers. I've been in constant contact with. Also my Mexican counterpart. And our objective, as I said, has been and will continue to be to prevent teriffs. Sol David you know Canada, Zuni, Travis or dupe Premier the prevenier de tariff and mas so not treep editarif don't concern the prevenir li tarif Premier point German Vera Washington, Jos Country more Normlogue American Marco Rubio, Mercredi, David Moire and contay avec la person frontier price not Trump, so Tom Hormann in the conversation like the price not Trump. Constantly the referee a la front Americans bompa present my friend that miss and nerve David Donelson, uh comercial Uni the expertise on dinner is the snique Selma lela d'mond this American own as American and millar the dollar news some marchixp trancis it American egal man some grand the produce service American do point he not threepounds and Jami the promissa Monceni leminis the finance a gal he sets a man Paris monolog Britain Nick Galm the minist France uh calcu ver p u Contact const A Leminis Mexican.
Speaker 3: Tariff and David pre.
Speaker 4: Cool Good morning everyone. So our objective, as the Minister has just said, is to prevent any kind of tariffs forthcoming from the United States administration, and so we're working very hard. Of course, in my case, on the question of a border, it's important for Canadians to understand a few things about the border we have with the United States. The first thing to keep in mind is it's a very strong border. It's one that's evolved over one hundred and fifty years of relationship. It remains the longest undefended border in the world, and we intend to try to keep it that way. I think our American colleagues share the same view. The plan that we are implementing is multifaceted. It involves political outreach, official outreach, and operational outreach. So clearly I'll be meeting with eventually, for example, the new Department of Homeland Security Secretary Msnome. We'll be talking to Tom Holman, we expect this week. At the same time, we have officials who are in and out of Washington, DC working with our American counterparts and operationally, the CBSA and the RCNP are in const in touch with their counterpart organizations in the United States, so we're making huge progress. This plan is a plan which is of course international between Canada the United States, but it's also a plan between different orders of government in this country. We've reached out to and engaged every single province in the country. They are engaged. In the case of Alberta, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Quebec. They're making for example, some of their police authorities available, police of local jurisdiction are helping us on the border. This is a very very good thing and they should be commended for doing so because it really is a team Canada response. We're working, for example, on the question of fentanyl. It's important for Canadians to remember less than one percent of all fentanyl entering the United States is coming from Canada. Less than one percent of illegal immigration in the United States is coming from Canada. So we are tightening up even further our border to deal with some of these challenges. And as I say, it's a federal provincial relationship and partnership, it's an inter agency partnership, it's a bilateral partnership, and we've seen huge progress in the last three to four months. So we are continuing to make progress on the implementation of this plan. As I say, it's multifaceted. Doc repel la francis Treford and undo renfarese s. It's in quest them need the missour pratsic missioner, the Missio pratzic you plan qui touche dam Canada, our corpera province, avec, la federal jeans don FEDERALDMA, Lisitas Uni usabon plan de trois lem dilliens policic Dellien's officielis operasionell doc nusantre, the pull suits at missionneve nuv deja, the the de bon tra Pascal company, mines bien repete, the Danpe letter if pravn Boocal Canada can see the princi kind pati fans mid conade in Japanso s the country except name said name Apprush see.
Speaker 5: Mum hm.
Speaker 6: At the meeting today, mum hm mm hmm.
Speaker 3: When I started drinking warm water to help me lose weight.
Speaker 6: H.
Speaker 3: Reginelle. They put the Algonquin and Anishnavik. We're on the traditional territory of the Algonquin and Asnavic people, and we express our gratitude for their generosity and patience, Meg which monnance Elizabeth Major's relationship to Pati Velle Canada some men extra PONU. Of course I planned this when I thought January twenty seventh was the day Parliament would be resuming. What a good time to be sure that we'd finalized our election platform by having an in person retreat with the shadow Cabinet that I've been working with for years and a lot of people. This is our first time in person since before COVID, so for a lot of people is the first time they met with each other. In order of what we're going to do today, I also want to stop and pause to recognize that this is the eightieth anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz International Holocaust Remembrance Day, and for all those who still grieve the show awareness of monstrous genocide should not be forgotten and when we say never again, we really should mean it. Oh. So, January twenty seventh, the Deparliament was supposed to resume with lots of bills, lots of work to do. We're going to reflect on the work that didn't get done. And Mike Morris MP for Kitchener Center will present that part of our reflections. But first I want to introduce someone you don't know it all as she's the nominated candidate for the Green Party of Canada in North Island Powell River, and she was nominated by the group to sort be our spokesperson for how the weekend went and what it was like to all be together. Jessica Wegg is a lawyer in Comoc's Bcie.
Speaker 7: Thanks Lisa, Good morning everyone. We are weeks away from the most important election in our nation's history, and our future is on the line. So over the weekend, Green Shadow Cabinet members met from all over the country to identify solutions to the key problems facing Canadians, housing, affordability, the threat of climate change, and our relationship with our southern neighbors. And we really look forward to sharing these proposals with Canadians in the coming weeks. But let me be clear, this is a new, reinvigorated Green Party and you can expect bold, decisively progressive proposals from us.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, yeah, thank And a lot of our shadow cabinet members couldn't make it in person, particularly those who are preparing for now. What Doug Ford has in mind and Ontario elections. Vcularly want to single out our health critic who couldn't make it, Doctor add Marie Zeglik. She is one of the pioneering physicians in Canada and certainly in Ontario on HIV AIDS. She is a nominated candidate in Gwelph. You'll certainly get to see more of her because she is I think quite likely to be the next member of Parliament from Guelph. Gwelph is, of course the home riding for the valiant and most effective opposition leader in Queen's Park Leader of the Green Party of Ontario, Mike Schriner. So we like having double Green ridings. There are several across the country, and so at this moment I want to turn to Mike Morris for his reflections on what didn't get done the last time I gave a press conference January third. The world changed a lot for people in politics on January sixth, said Simon defilmos destois jus de ferans aveca la decision de monsieur Trudeau some retreat and memton a la cheferri pole partial should the parole armon cher Collegg.
Speaker 8: Mike Morris, well, thank you Elizabeth.
Speaker 9: Wonderful to see you all this morning, and wonderful to be joined by Shadow Cabinet. As Elizabeth shared, while Parliament is prorogued, the Green Caucus is continuing to work on behalf of Canadians and behalf of our communities to get results, notwithstanding those parliamentary tools that are not available to us. As one example, the disability community continues to call to guarantee that the Canada Disability Benefit will be delivered as this government promised in Budget twenty twenty four by July first. That means they must finalize the regulations before March seventh to ensure the regardless of the partisan theatrics of the day, that the disability community deserves to see not only a fixed, but a fully funded Canada disability bendun passible. That's why Elizabeth and I wrote the Minister Responsible last week calling for her to ensure that this government guarantees the Candida Disability Benefit. We'll be meeting with her office later this afternoon to lift up the calls of the disability community, continuing, as I shared, to call to fix the Candida Disability Benefit and in the meantime, at the very least to ensure that they guarantee that the meager version of the benefit previously announced is delivered, regardless of the theatrics of the day on this and so many others, whether it's related to the housing crisis, the climate. Both Elizabeth and I are continuing to work on behalf of our communities and will continue to do so until an election is called.
Speaker 3: Thank you, And following on from what Mike ha said, And I feel really guilty not introducing all of our wonderful greens from across the country, but it would take too long. I know you understand, but we have candidates and critics here right across the board, just like Trudeau's cabinet. Well, I think we get along better, but anyway, we're really I'm so proud of having people here from Prince Edward Island, doctor Stratton, Gadfi Stratton, fisheries critic from Nova Scotia all the way through to British Columbia. And my husband's going to run in what used to be Mission maps we Phraser Canyon, but it's been redistributed. But if I started introducing people, it'll take too long. I did want to say apropos of Mike's comment that we keep working. The day after House Perogue, I wrote to Justin Trudeau and all the other opposition party leaders Pierre Puallev and Ifro Solbaschet and Jack me singing and said, look, bills just died that we'd spent. I mean the equivalent of millions of dollars of work, both within departments, by parliament by standing committees. A lot of these bills have gone through clause by clause amendments, bills that were so close to passage. For my community, Bill C thirty three that would help us deal with freighters getting free parking in the Salish Sea and dragging anchors and threatening the survival of Southern resident killer whales. If Bill C thirty three could be singled out as having enough cross party support to get passed quickly when the House resumes C. Seventy one to fix the lost citizenship issue ready to go, a lot of cross party support could exist. I've asked the other party leaders to meet during this time that we have. We got to meet on December third to talk about the Trump threat. Well, we should be meeting again, but in any case, no one's answered my letter yet. If anyone was wondering all of that said, we do have an announcement to make, and you might have noticed, I'm very pleased to be joined once again, and as you Dona, Parol Chia colegg Amy, Jonathan pedno On Canada, oh Qebec, Pat Jonta.
Speaker 8: Who Let's he is a bit less, he is a bit It's good to be back. It's good to be back with the amazing bunch of people behind me. They're top notch committed individuals fighting for a better Canada. And I couldn't be more humbled to stand here now with my friend Mike, and with a mentor a friend, this incredible national treasure that Elizabeth.
Speaker 3: May is.
Speaker 8: Well. I did leave politics and now I'm back, and some of you might wonder why. Last year, early in the year, I did receive some fairly difficult life altering news about my health, something that's as a thirty four year old was somewhat difficult to reckon with, and even though I tried to keep going, at some point it became very clear to me that I needed to take a bit of a step back and reflect about my place not only in the world and in politics, but also about I could be slightly kinder to myself after fourteen fifteen years in conflict areas some fairly difficult work, and so I took a step back. I needed that to reflect. In the fall of last year, I was lucky enough to be prompted thrown back into the work that I did for many, many years in conflict areas, work that then led me in the fall and the winter of twenty twenty four and places like Georgia and Syria to places where people are fighting and have been fighting for democracy and freedom, two values that I think we oftentimes take for granted as Canadians, to core treasures that are founding fathers and mothers have been building in this country, to values that are now under threat, and that of course, was with every single time passed in those places, always a bit of a reckoning about whether I was actually in the right place now. Of course, the tragic, in fact despicable election south of the border of a president that is a sewaging fascism and creating right south of the border, a threat to our way of living, to our values, meant that I simply couldn't stand on the sidelines anymore. The situation we're in is a situation I've seen many other peoples throughout the planet, from Venezuela to Cuba to Ukraine and other countries that are far less privileged, or have been far less privileged in Canada has been Those are situations that I'm well accustomed with, Situations where populist leaders or threats from outside start to grow, and where independence, our way of life comes under threat. These are difficult times to reckon with, and with fourteen years spent in conflict areas, I thought that here was something that I could bring back to politics. As someone who's been to the front lines, as someone who spent time speaking with people tortured, with mothers having lost their children, I do know what that reality looks like in practice, and it is one that we will, as Greens, do everything in our power to avoid. So I was extremely, extremely glad when the party reached out to me and asked me to come back to assume, pending a vote by the members, the position of co Leader for the Green Party of Canada.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 8: It's not a decision I take lightly, but the times call on all of us to really stand up for Canada, and this is a responsibility that I will be assuming humbly, alongside every other Green throughout Canada, fighting to make sure that we protect the country, that we protect the people, and that we protect nature of Francine devastatrise fed stress on something in that grip. I got the trunk the new PC poor reflection my plus our politics and the travas on the conflict. The reflection recommends to the continuing a contribute to pronounce went on don re mission convolv LANDERI stress on miliary. If I'm a Permida attorney Travas you said, chance at the opportunity he might affair the continuent traid zone the conflee Sami George not one who bat paul a democracy, Paul l Liberti du vala fundamental telmunt Kenadi my coron prix tru Akis if it's there, can't use the tlection disasters or count you said Monty Tour Donald Trump so prom and from the fascists La Franci kimnas the Canadi Ki Manas not super hinting or valor c from moder felt like a true La Manier pacific as the revene pa catars kis. I surely linked the front the parading uh interview with it. It's in the torture, see that situational I can true present situation, convert too far, convey for vt C of Canada, cal Persia, pro ship Martin, the revenir rasumil function, the cour chef Suve staying pussy from one fus decision and Mama and mister Marquis the mount the new engineer for proateg le Pe for Portegejon for protege and natur absolu fran not apportion alex yes.
Speaker 3: And no only some dispeople civer player identify the person silvo vule cancile quiva dere will make up our own minds and step forward, but open for questions. Thank you.
Speaker 10: When you last resigned, you spoke about internal roadblocks in the way of you becoming co leader. What happened to those roadblocks? Is it people that have resigned? Were they the roadblocks? There's been several resignations on the Federal Council, the party's Green Fund. Were those people the issue in standing in the way.
Speaker 8: There are always issues within every single party, lots of people that are committed to various strong positions and visions, and that's something that we welcome in the Green Party of Canada as opposed to something that we shy away from as other parties often do. My resignation, as I said several times during the press conference, was for personal reasons. I am not going to use this opportunity right now to discuss my health situation more. But this is something that I will absolutely be doing in the weeks and months ahead. Stack Lillipok is Upsta only the absurd on the abs focusy so living performance, polyN the party.
Speaker 5: Is abstact.
Speaker 8: Yeah, comes ask you Nico Chetam over Tim and father the chef you know, a super phenomenal of Saint Parsis Viadel Gunnski is Avon Proposi not like chef on the Midlevendu fo qc Soleni Canada, Sibama met Energy Travai in more this many many.
Speaker 3: I just added. There was the times that in the media things that are for us as green as normal. It takes time. When you have a grassroots party and you work through, you have to have a general meeting. The members are the highest authority in our party. We couldn't decree this color. It needed a meeting of members. We'd had a couple of meetings where simply ran out of time. To deal with all the resolutions before us. So the meeting of members as planned and as Jonathan said, with phenomenal support, happened in mid November, and we are following the rules of the party. And I didn't ever say they were obstacles. I know people read that into it, wanted to make more out of it. As a Jonathan said, we repeated many times in a very emotional press conference, especially for me because I really hated to see him leave. But it was personal reasons and as Jonathan is explained, he'll give you more details on that is one of the times right exacts.
Speaker 8: What do you think?
Speaker 3: What do you think the impact of party in fighting has been on the Green Party's successes in recent years? Has it affected of electoral success?
Speaker 8: Once again? The most important thing I can tell you today is that, as is evidenced by the people behind us, we are united and committed to delivering for Canadians at a time when they're are no progressive alternatives out there. We will provide decisively, boldly progressive proposals for Canadians. I think Canadians struggle so much right now in their daily lives, in their daily well in the outcome when it comes to the climate emergency, our relationship with our neighbors to the south, with the cost of living situation. Those are the things that we are focused on and those are the most important things for Greens right now.
Speaker 5: Well, good morning everyone. I'm excited to be able to join you alongside doctor Jane Philpott, chair of Ontario's Primary Care Action Team, which our governments established in the fall, to share an update on the team's progress and the work that they have been doing to connect every person in Ontario to a publicly funded primary care team by twenty twenty nine. Under the leadership of Premier Forward, our government has been making record investments in healthcare, taking bold action and making innovative changes to connect people to the care they need, when and where they need it. We are expanding capacity, reducing weight times and waitlists, by improving access to key services such as primary care, diagnostic imaging, home care and hospital care in communities across Ontario, and taking action to maintain and expand Ontario's health care workforce. For a third year in a row, Ontario has added a record number of new nurses and new physicians, registering a total of one hundred thousand nurses and fifteen thousand physicians since twenty eighteen. Ontario leads the country with some of the shortest weight times for critical services, the largest physician and nurse practitioner workforce, the highest number of people with access to a regular healthcare provider, and we are not stopping there. Our government has launched the largest expansion of the medical school education system in over a decade, adding over three hundred and forty undergraduate and five hundred and fifty one residency spots and opening two new medical schools in partnership with Toronto Metropolitan University and York University. We are creating new pathways to train more family doctors than ever before by expanding the Learn and Stay Grant to include family medicine and introducing the Practice Ready Ontario program to license internationally trained family docs more quickly. Together, these programs will add nearly fifteen hundred new family doctors and communities across the province over the next three years. And we have taken the first step in expanding interprofessional primary care teams, including family health teams and nurse practitioner led clinics, connecting nearly three hundred and thirty thousand more people to primary care in their community by creating or expanding seventy eight primary care teams, seventy two of which are now open and taking on new patients. To continue to move forward to close the remaining gap of people who do not have access to a regular healthcare provider and get across the finish line of connecting everyone in Ontario to more convenient primary care. I am pleased to announce our government is investing one point eight billion dollars to support the work of the Primary Care Action Team and their mandate to connect every person in Ontario to primary care by twenty twenty nine. Through this historic investment, Ontario's Primary Care Action Team, led by doctor Philbot, will implement an action plan that includes key initiatives and draws on best in class models of primary care being delivered across Ontario to ensure that no matter where you live in the province, you are connected to a publicly funded primary care team made up of family physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, midwives, and many other healthcare professionals. The work of the Primary Care Action Team is another important way our government is building on our progress to create a more connected and convenient healthcare system by providing more people with the right care in the right place for years to come. It's now my pleasure to invite doctor Philpot to share a few words and provide more details about Ontario's primary Care action plan. Thank you, stay well, thank you.
Speaker 6: Good morning everyone, and thank you very much, mister Jones. I am so pleased to be here today with you for this historic announcement. Central to the health and well being of every community is primary care. Primary Care is your first point of contact with the health system when you need medical care. It's where trust is built between patients and health care providers and where the foundation for long term health is established. Whether you're talking about preventing illness, managing chronic conditions, or providing continuity of care, primary care clinicians such as family doctors, nurse practitioners, etc. Play an essential role in keeping people healthy. And it's not just about improving health outcomes. It's about improving the quality of life and the quality of health care for people. It's about creating a primary care system that works for both the people of Ontario and our dedicated healthcare professionals. So that is why the Government of Ontare is announcing today an investment of one point eight billion dollars that will connect two million more people to family doctors, nurse practitioners and primary care teams by the year twenty twenty nine. Sepurquis news an vestisson am veguluit miliar de do las port eguier scheq person on Ontario to connecte and mid sinte fermi nan femier practicienes hu uniqui dessoine premier d c de mill vend niff. Through this plan, Ontario will build a primary care system that ensures it no matter where you live in this province, you can be connected to a primary care team made up of family doctors and nurse practitioners and other valued healthcare professionals such as nurses, physician assistants, social workers, pharmacists and many more. Through our Primary Care Action Plan, we are going to work with primary care clinicians, health system partners and communities to connect everyone to more convenient primary care by twenty twenty nine. Through the government's historic investment, we will be creating more than three hundred new and expanded primary care teams that will attach approximately two million people to primary care. This includes over two hundred and thirty five million dollars over this next fiscal year to establish and expand eighty additional primary care teams across the province, attaching three hundred thousand more people to care. As part of this work, we intend to connect everyone who is currently on the Healthcare Connect wait list as of January first this year to a primary care provider by the spring of twenty twenty six. We want to make the process of finding a primary care provider easier and more convenient. Dona cadre denote plan le gouvernaiment and vestigat d'ntplue de trois song as a keep de swamp premier nouvelle a a lar gie offended duane acce as a swamp premier at envens du million de personnuvoulon egel monentre les processst finance mon de plu facile a plu commode. That's why well. We will be making improvements to Healthcare Connect to improve both the user and provider experience. As part of this we will work towards a Healthcare Connect weight time target of no more than twelve months to be connected to a primary care team. We also want to ensure that patients can access their healthcare at their fingertips. As part of our action plan, we will leverage Health eight one point one to allow you to view online your health records, to book an appointment with your primary care provider and discover your care options. We also, need, of course, to ensure that we are supporting our primary care clinicians. This means continuing to address the administrative burden with digital tools such as AI scribes, modernizing the ways of information sharing, and improving the referral process to specialists. We know there is a lot of work to do to recruit and retain the workforce needed to support primary care providers and their teams, including family doctors, nurse practitioners and other allied health professionals. This is just the beginning and there is much more work to do in collaboration with our partners in primary care. This includes regular reporting on the progress we've made to connect everyone to primary care. Ontario is embarking on an historic opportunity to build a primary care system where the guarantee of access to a primary care team is as automatic as a child being assigned to a public school in their community. Lontariot Profit, Duno Causion, Historic Purmetro Surpier and system suampremier, Ula garanti accepmer a, Ossi automatique, Pilascurans, puchak detreignn call publique dons a collectivity. This plan is ambitious and the changes will not happen overnight, but when our shared vision is realized, we will have a primary care system in the province that has never existed before. Every person in Ontario, every baby, every child, teenager, parent, adults, seniors will have a family doctor or nurse practitioner when they need one and can get ongoing, comprehensive and convenient care. If you move with in Ontario, you will automatically be offered a primary care team in your community, ensuring continuous access to care close to home. You'll be welcomed at the door and there will be a team of amazing healthcare professionals working together to provide the high quality care that you deserve, ready for you when you and your loved ones need it at all stages of life. That's our shared vision and that is our commitment on this historic day. Thank you very much, Missipoku.
Speaker 9: We will now take questions from the media. If media present can kindly line up behind me and act ask their questions to their microphone. As a friendly reminder of the format is one question, one follow up.
Speaker 5: Please state your name and your outlook for your question.
Speaker 6: Wellion dollars are going outdoor today.
Speaker 5: This is a yahing pat proms right. We have now got a plan in place to build on what we already announced last February. You know when I talk about those seventy eight new or expanded primary care interprofessional teams that we announced in February of last year, we have seventy two of those in place now under doctor Philpot's leadership. We now have a plan for the remaining ten percent of Harriel's population that doesn't have a family physician, and that work starts today.
Speaker 1: The show has been produced by Depictions Media. Please contact us at Depictions dot media for more information.