Speaker 1: Ready August twenty three, twenty twenty four, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar, This the o'celly effect, and we are live on a friar's day. Let's see, what is it? Nine minutes past eight pm Eastern in that time zone in America? That what used to be America and all that good stuff. Here we go. It's been an interesting couple of weeks. And I told a story last night live. I'll tell it again here on this show a little bit, but I'm gonna give you the anecdote version. Haven't released last night's podcast from Mike Swanson, which is the first legit live show I have now done in a while. Let's see since I think I last broadcast this show. This show being the call show, which means you can join in live. We already have one caller and I'm gonna bring them on as quickly as possible. You can join in as well. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That is the number to call, and that is the number that allows you to be part of the show, or the effect depends on how you look at it, or maybe all of the above. Anyway, rough rough time, I've had lately, and I probably sound it too. My voice is strained arguing with people off air when it is I can well off air. I've been off air a lot, and not because I'm taking a vacation. Uh. Anyway, we'll get into all that shortly. We'll get into everything that we can. And hey, there was also the Democratic National Convention this week. I didn't cover it, couldn't get to air again. More stories to be told later. So I'm gonna shut up check in with B Pete before we get to our first caller, who was already on the line. So B Pete, let's just check in with you for the week before we get rolling with that first caller. How you doing?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's been another hectic week.
Speaker 4: I had inspectors up my assh all week on the job site.
Speaker 2: But all that, it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Weather.
Speaker 4: It's been beautiful, man. It's been like eighty degrees, no humidity. It's been absolutely gorgeous. I hope we have this weather for about another two months, three months.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, look, I'm hoping for this better weather that it has been over the past couple of days. Myself, I'm not working outside or you know, doing doing the kind of work that you're doing, for sure, But I just appreciate not sweltering in the heat. And I was pretty in pretty bad shape here this past week. But anyway, anything else that's of key important, something you want to bring up as a bullet point right now before we get rolling, or you know, is there anything else.
Speaker 4: I didn't really watch a lot of the convention. I've seen bits and pieces of it since then. I mean the day after each night. You know, you're watching clips and stuff like that. But I don't know. It's a weird situation. I don't see how there's been so much gaslighting going on. It's like the Hindenbird is about to burst into flames.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I just can't believe how gullible some people are out there to believe what they saw this week and think that, yeah, that's going to be reality soon.
Speaker 1: Well it's funny because talking to Mike Swanson last night, boy, as he fed up with the unreality of a lot of things, that's going to be a fascinating one I had. Swanson was yelling on the show last night a little I.
Speaker 4: Just I've just gotten so dysfunctional. I don't understand. I don't understand how we got to the point that we're at now.
Speaker 3: I really don't. I just can't put my finger on it.
Speaker 4: I watched reactions and reading news articles and going over stuff the past four days, every day after a night at the convention, and it's like, I cannot believe.
Speaker 3: They're pulling on this crap off.
Speaker 4: Well, I really can't believe they're getting away with what they're doing.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't believe the reactions and counter reactions to everything at this point. I gotta tell you, I got a totally different view on that Democratic Convention than it seems like everybody else in the world. I don't know. I think I'm seeing a different planet than everyone else. And the truth is, like we were talking about with Swanson last night, you know, people's reality is truly shaped by their own opinions before they even look at anything, including facts. You know, And I'm being very general here. You notice I'm not picking on any one side or any blah blah blah bah. I'm not taking sides. I'm saying to you that in all cases, all people are doing is responding to their own personal dog whistles. That's it. It's it's not.
Speaker 4: About that roll on top on top of that, the attention span of a gnat, and I'm surprised we haven't thrown the earth off its access.
Speaker 3: With everybody getting whiplash.
Speaker 4: From you know, reacting to what's been going on, it's just I mean, well, this convention is no different than the Republican convention.
Speaker 3: Conventions are conventions, they're all.
Speaker 1: The same, but the kind of.
Speaker 4: But it's just amazing the theater that's going on right before everybody.
Speaker 3: And so many people out there think it's real.
Speaker 1: Well, look forget about that. Like I said, last night's discussion with Swanson is great because we talked about Google's recent study about how you know, people are receiving news, which age group is doing what, and they talked about the the the what is it the Z generation okay, generation Z and how it is they're receiving information and how it is they're processing it, and they didn't even mention, you know, the exes like myself and the boomers and so like. It was like, believe it, everybody's own generational position, what they grew up steeped in, does change the way they're receiving things. And it was funny because Mike finally comes up with. You know, the method of delivery is now the message. Like literally, that's what it is. The method is the message. The method of delivery is the message. That sounds like a simple, weird slogan, but that's it. There's a big difference there. When the actual platform and the actual place that it is and the way it conducts itself is actually the message itself. It's weird. It's not the seeking of facts or let me find new information or let me catch up on the latest news anymore. It's about let me catch up on the latest method and let me catch the latest reaction, and that'll form my reactions that are not already dictated to by my prejudice. And it's just that simple. And well, this is a generalization though this isn't even about the Convention. I'm saying that in general, the way people are even interpreting the realities of what's happening is now in a different format than I think anybody seems to realize when they when Google did these studies. So yeah, well, what.
Speaker 4: I was going to throw on top of that is now Also it doesn't take as long you know.
Speaker 3: Used to in all of the.
Speaker 4: Sources of media that we used to and this goes back away let's say seventies eighties. You know, the way we received our media back then was limited compared to what we're dealing with now, because now we're getting bombard from every direction with it. But those people who over time you started to see cracks in their persona, now.
Speaker 3: The cracks show almost immediately.
Speaker 4: It's almost like their initial you see.
Speaker 3: The cracks start.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and younger people today, superficial means a lot different thing to someone my age as opposed to someone who's twenty years old today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, only different means for superficial.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's changed so much that our whole vocabulary and definitions of things have changed.
Speaker 1: Well right, well Jays Generationally that happens anyway. We saw that with the emergence of other mediums. I mean when the printing press emerged, Oh that was too fast for people then, you know, you should have had to have gone to a meeting place to learn from others and new information. When when the radio became the medium, when the TV became the medium, and all of a sudden it was like, well, now you can actually see the faces of the lion politicians, you know, as opposed to just hearing their voices or reading their words every time there's been an escalation. And they also told us TV was going to rod our brains and kill our attention spans and all that, and Generation X was doing for that reason because we had access to five hundred channels instead of four. I mean, but every time there's a technological advance, this complaint emerges, right, and this kind of like, well in my generation versus theirs. But there's something else going on here. I wonder if anybody else is catching on to it or has been reading these recent analyzes and all that. And you know what, We're going to go to our caller and find out what's on their mind. Because again, this isn't about my point of view at all tonight at all. Uh We Bepete can speak his mind all he likes, but I want to get your guys impressions of things, whatever they may be. And you don't have to even go along with the conversation b Pete and I are having. So three one nine, five two seven five zero one six is the number to call. And we've had a caller patiently waiting since before I got live because we went to air a little late, so let's get to him now. Nine to one six. You're alive, okay, so all you whatever you want to discuss, go for it.
Speaker 5: Good evening.
Speaker 2: This is Danny from northern California. I hope you're feeling better. You don't sound too good.
Speaker 1: Chuck, Well, you know I only vomited once today, Danny. I guess you were listening last night.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I wasn't listening. I'm sorry. I was working all night.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, well, no problem. The podcast will be out in a few hours. I'm going to do it after I finished this show in Aaron Show tonight. But no, I'm still a little ill. But believe me, I was at death's door. Now. I have like lost time syndrome here because of what happened. But quite honestly, what was it about? Fourteen days ago? I was wrecked to the point of I was willing to go to the clinic and see a doctor, Okay, and that is not a normal thing for me. Uh And I did, and I got some medicines. But anyway, there's a whole story to unfold, and I'll get to it later if I can. I want it. I want your story tonight, Danny, I I feel like crap. But I'm here and I'm able to speak and I'm not throwing up at the moment, so we're good to go.
Speaker 2: Okay, So well, I'm glad you're I'm glad you're here. I don't want to tiggyback kind of what v Pete was saying about and what you were talking about, you know what we've been are bombarded with. I'm thinking about the first little convention. I remember it was the sixty eight convention, and there was you know, there was three channels and print media. That's how we got our information. And I was just I didn't want I was working a lot, so I just got some pieces of both conventions and listening to news programs and you know, just some of the obscure stories you here, Like I saw I saw something Mike Lindell shaved his mustache and he's he's at the DNC and then he gets end it gets schooled by a twelve year old. This this would have never ever would have been a story, or I would have never received this information, you know, ten years ago, fifteen years ago. And it's just like, I mean, people are crazy, our perceptions are reality. I mean, did you see that story.
Speaker 1: Uh. I was actually just gonna ask you to clarify that because I almost thought I misheard you. Wait, Mike Lindell, you're talking about the my pillow guy. Yeah, okay, so the my pillow guy. Well, let me get this straight, just so I understand. I don't want to be mixed up here or have the listeners mixed up. The my pillow guy shaved off his mustache and saved it. Is that is that step one?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, not now, that's not what I said. I'm sorry to he shaved his mustache. He went into the there in Chicago, to the DNC convention.
Speaker 1: Okay, there was some.
Speaker 2: Twelve year old I believe you two influencer and they got into an argument. Get imagine this is a grown man getting into an argument with a twelve year old and the twelve year old was schooling Mike Lindell.
Speaker 1: Okay, So shaved off mustache to kind of get into the Democrat convention, you know, undetected was the idea. And he runs into a YouTuber kid. Is the YouTuber kid part of the convention or something like that, or he did he just happen to be a kid on the floor there for some reason.
Speaker 2: I I you know that part. I don't know because I did not I had no time to watch the entire convention or had the energy. I was working.
Speaker 1: So okay, but.
Speaker 2: I just saw a clip and I'm just go, this is insane, you know. And I mean if you go back like with the you know, we're in David with all this information six Ways to Sunday, it has never been a story. I mean, it's just it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, definitely crazy time. And you know, I'm thinking back the nineteen sixty eight convention was also held in Chicago, right, Which wasn't the sixty eight convention when they had like lots of crazy stuff happened to Like wasn't that the one where yeah, there was like there was riots and that's the one with Abbie Hoffman and the Chicago eight come out of that. It's in Chicago, by the way, just coincidentally. Yeah, so okay, I'm thinking back to that. But but this influencer thing, I got to look this story up.
Speaker 3: Uh people, Yeah, the link in the room.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you have a link for it, because I want to look this over. In the meantime, be Pete, would you mind comm on this. Did you see any of this?
Speaker 3: Well, I hadn't seen that.
Speaker 4: I saw where Matt Watsh had a beard on and a DNC hat or something or a Kamala Harris Waltz cap or something, and he went and filmed part of it while he was there. Okay, but I haven't seen this clip about the kid and Mike Lindell.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I tried not to watch a whole lot of the thing.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you right now, I will never let my YouTube subscription run out again. Three days it went out, and I don't know what the hang up was, but it finally drafted and went through. But for those three days, I had to watch political commercials every.
Speaker 2: Time I started a.
Speaker 4: Video, and I thought, where the hell did these come from?
Speaker 3: Oh man, it's that.
Speaker 1: Welcome, Welcome to my world. This is how I navigate YouTube. And I'm telling you, I'm getting drowned in those commercials. I'm not paying Google a dime if I don't have to, and well you know, and I almost have to at this point because they're making me crazy. I appreciate you saying that about the commercials, but see what I put up with when I've got to serve YouTube, and people say, oh, just go to YouTube and you can find it out, Like, yeah, do you know what I got to live through?
Speaker 3: Guys on broadcast TV.
Speaker 4: Harris is spending a fortune in this state. They've been here even when Biden was running. I think they've been to North Carolina five or six times, and they're coming back again next week. I think Trump was here four times so far, I think. But the TV ads on broadcast TV are getting I mean, Harris is spending a boatload of money in this state.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and they're spending a boatload of money everywhere because look at the money they're taking in. Both sides are taking in tons of money. Man, You're talking about a quarter of a billion dollars every quarter. And not to mention the fact that you know those conventions. I don't know what Trump's cost was. I didn't see the cost for the the RNC was, but I think the Democrats spent nearly one hundred million dollars on their convention.
Speaker 4: Of One of the downfalls of money in politics is they can raise so many funds.
Speaker 3: And I was reading an.
Speaker 4: Article a day about how political action committees and groups like that are spending a ton of money down.
Speaker 3: At mar Lango, right.
Speaker 4: Apparently Trump is raking in money just in his own businesses for these trips and seminars and anyway. It's it's so much money, but it's gotten. They're so huge to all of this money coming into them, and this is all politicians. When they get to Washington, they get that's not money given to them to play with or to spend. That's our taxes coming out of our pockets.
Speaker 3: They lose track of that.
Speaker 4: They're so used to spending all these insane amounts during campaigns that when they get to Washington they just forget Okay, campaign even though I'm still campaigning for my next re election the whole four years i'm here or six years i'm here or two years.
Speaker 3: You know, it's all about the money. And that's why. That's why we're brought That's why his countries broke. What's funny payback our debts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know what's funny to me about that is that BP. My understanding used to be in the old days of politics, that like if you went in too, you know, an office in DC, right, you spent the first half of your time that you were in office, whether it was two years in Congress or you know, six years in the Senate or four years in the White House. The first two years you were supposed to spend it. To my understanding, this was normal doing your job. Then the following two years this was the big complaint. Like the following half of your time in office was spent campaigning, and people used to bitch like, man, oh, they only spend half of their time doing half of a job. That used to be a complaint now and I'll tell you it seems to me it only happened in the recent decade. There is no stopping the campaigning, like full on, it never stopped.
Speaker 4: If you talk to these one termers that you know, they get there, they don't like it. They decided to go back to doing whatever they were doing before they got elected. They all say the same thing. Your first day there, they tell you your first responsibility while you're here is to raise money for the party. Yeah, you come second when it comes to your reelection.
Speaker 3: It's it's all.
Speaker 4: You know what, I had a novel idea if I run for office, this is going to be my platform. All the money that is raised these political contests immediately goes into the federal budget to pay off this damn debt that these guys create.
Speaker 3: When they win and they go to Washington, We're.
Speaker 4: Going to make them pay off this shit that they've been making us pay for all these years.
Speaker 3: And then we can get back to a budget and say.
Speaker 4: Now you guys want all your money for campaigning, balance the budget.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, every bit.
Speaker 4: Of money that comes in and comes to us when comes to the government first, and we dole it out to you.
Speaker 1: See, But then you'd be interfering with the people's free speech because remember, raising money and spending money.
Speaker 3: You can free speech all you want. It just gets us that much more out of debt.
Speaker 1: No, no, hey, look I'm not against you. I'm just saying that in theory though, raising money for political causes and spending it on campaigns, this is a process. That is what free speech based on right Citizens United. So that is a matter of pre that is a matter of speech. That is a you know, you're interfering with the fundamental right of the corporate entity that's raising money, if it's a pack or the bottle.
Speaker 4: We're letting you spend as much as you want. We're just making sure we delegrade it to the right bucket. So when you run all those TV ads, we also know that you're not putting us in debt.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I'm telling.
Speaker 3: You that the position is going to cost you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it doesn't work considering the way it is with this is free speech.
Speaker 4: Two rules, get a few people in office, start changing some rules.
Speaker 3: Look at how.
Speaker 4: Much has changed just in the past twenty years and interpretations of constantly changing regulations. Oh, we reinterpreted this a different way. So from here on out, we're going to do it like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, this last court case with the Supremes put it endo that crowd.
Speaker 1: Well, believe me, they'll they'll turn it into a Supreme Court case where any that if you tried to do that executive orders or even created a law, it would be overturned unconstitutional right away by the powers that be because that would interfere with the greatest part of the political scam, which is again raising this money. So Danny, back to your back to your discussion. Though here before I have to shut it down because of the weenie dogs. Uh shut my mic down. I mean, you know, what do you what are your thoughts here? I mean is that But we're gonna go back to this my pillow thing, because now I'm looking at the the article and well, yeah, wow, what in exchange? It's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm staying, well, it is funny. I mean it, I mean it was. I mean, I'm just like, oh, isn't it isn't a guy close to Trump? I mean, the craziness. But then again, I would you would never hear this stuff. That wouldn't have been the way the median information that we get. And then I then I saw another cliff and like I'm going clip and I'm not and I'm not saying I have actual factual knowledge, but there was a PBS reporter that's said and it was this brief that said Trump is on the phone with Benjamin Njia, who trying to stop him from the fire because Blinking is in there trying to get a ceasefire in Israel. And that was it. Now I have no truth that that Trump actually did that. And then there's just there's there's no reaction to I found that that was.
Speaker 3: It's when well, a lot of age was a little thing.
Speaker 4: When he was here, a little background on the net and Yahoo thing when he came over here to speak to Congress and Biden left him at the airport hanging. I'm and he didn't even meet him. After that, he went down to mar Alago and stayed there met with Trump. So they, I mean, they've been in contact ever since Trump was in office. That's been an a thing. He has regular conversations with that yard, right.
Speaker 1: But you know, for those of us that are not exactly comfortable with the way that the US has you know, signed off on Israel's actions, Okay, it is a weird thing. But what's strange to me is that any of this is getting reported on and they have this ability to even go ahead and infiltrate the DNC convention with these right wing guys because apparently it wasn't just Lindell, but others who went there, what is say, Charlie Kirk and a few others. It amazes me that they even got that far or even were able to have a conversation with the way that convention was being run and the way a whole lot of different media assets are fawning over it, because I look at the CBS, fed the Extra stream, the other streamers out there, and news organizations and they're just falling over themselves, like Wow, isn't this great? And it's a party. They literally have people coming on the stage that I never heard of. In some cases, you know, DNC regular's favorites whatever, coming out there, making some you know, screaming, some platitudes, and a lot of them were yelling. I noted when I was, you know, watching the live streams, and I was even in the chat there trying to say stuff, and boy, the Democrats didn't like me there at all, you know, And I'm like, why is everybody screaming? But they're screaming out things and slogans and platitudes, and then they go to like a quick dance break. It was like an MTV show and all of a sudden, it was like now everybody dance and DJs are coming out literally going, you know, mix it up, come on, put your hands in the air. At the DNC convention. This was happening throughout the day. Really, yeah, I think that.
Speaker 2: Well, I remember, wasn't it when Dore was Remember they were all doing the mocarina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but this this is next level.
Speaker 2: I mean I didn't I didn't see it. Yeah, I'm sure it was. I'm sure they're trying to get you know, break up the boredom. But yeah, it's crazy, No.
Speaker 1: This is this is next level. Do you remember the TV shows where it was like, you know, they'd have stuff like we're gonna tell you about all the latest stuff in teen pop news, and this is what's popular out there. Now, let's jam to a song and they would play you know, most of a song, and maybe a DJ would mix, Except now they got a DJ mixing it up with the scratch and you know, you know, and mixing a couple of songs together. Come on, people wave your hands in the air like you just don't care. Come on, let me hear scro they're doing that, and people are you know, rump shaking and moving around and this is the Democratic National Convention and I'm like, wow, okay, And then they point to this weird tradition where I don't know what this thing is, but everybody wears white in a certain section.
Speaker 2: And it's for.
Speaker 1: Women's suffrage, right, So they're doing that, and they're like, Kamala used to come here dressed in white and blah blah blah, she used to be part of that. And now let's go back to the dance break and they're playing you know, some modern music, but also some like classic hits, older dance music, some of the seventies stuff. I was waiting for him. They played Celebration, Celebration time, you know that song they did that. I was waiting for him to break out. What's that? Yeah, well there was that cool in the gang. I know it's a band from Jersey, shout out, just saying, you know, But they were also playing stuff like I was waiting for him to break out, the stuff they used to play at the Pittsburgh Pirates games, you know, we family. I was waiting for that to come on out. It didn't that I heard. Maybe it did at some point in the day. But they were mixing the seventies, the eighties pop dance, you know, American Songbook, and then also some raps, some hip hop and like I said, scratching and mixing and doing the whole DJ thing. You know, come on, people, let me he scream, and this is the Democratic National Convention again. Like as much as it's weird to watch, you know, Trump Amania running wild, look on the Holk store and I'm ripping off my shirt and everybody made fun of that, which it you know, rightfully sowed me too. I'm looking at this going, well, is any of this to be taken seriously? You know, look at both sides, they all they both have their own goofy, you know, versions of what it is we think is going to just entertain people, what it is we think is going to get people riled up and chanting the things we want them to chant. Come on and chant, do group think and dance while you do it. I mean, you know, I'm waiting for him to break out a hologram of Richard Simmons so that people can come out and sweat to the oldies over here. I mean, this is what's happening at these conventions and boom. Is anybody talking about the actual substance? Is anybody talking about what these people, you know, should be trying to accomplish, if they're serious leaders with the problems of the country that we have to get to. It is so bizarre to me. I'm sorry, but it's almost like, let me just say this last thing and then I'll shut up. It is very much like there is a It's like one of those movies, like in the RoboCop movies where they would show you the commercials you know, from the future and the crazy. You know, this is the SUX three thousand car. It guzzles all your gas and gets you through made by Detroit, ridiculous TV commercials and stuff, and they do in order to paint a picture of the type of media and the type of zeitgeist that they're emerged in in this dystopia. To me, this is almost written like the Idiocracy stuff, where it's like it's Brondo. Drink it because it's got electrolytes, and pour it on everything because it's got electrolytes. And of course they're pouring it on their crops because they don't know anything. And it's Brondo. Brondo's great. Why do you keep talking about Brondo? Because they pay me for it every time I say it is that true secretary of State whatever? Yes, it is. And they're wearing giant medallions to represent their position in the cabinet, okay, the presidential cabinet. Right. It is that dystopically comedic what we're looking at here. On both sides. You got the WWE universe versus we are the party dance show versus right versus let's bring out kid Rock versus we're gonna threaten to bring out what was it Beyonce all day were Beyonce might show up, Beyonce might show up. This is bizarre that where's where's where's the reason why me, personally, I'm supposed to take any of this clown show seriously. And I do mean on all sides. Whether it's the Orange clown or it's the Kamala clown, it doesn't matter to me. It is all a circus and it's all ludicrous. How about we take the serious problem seriously for a minute and say, look, this is what we're gonna do if you people put us in power. But no, we got hundreds of millions of dollars to throw the weirdest parties that we possibly can, and we're gonna live stream them and broadcast them to you because you know why we can. I mean, that's how I feel about this. It's almost like rubbing your nose in the fact that nothing's gonna get done no matter who you go with, because it's all a joke. And if you were looking at this from you know, a time machine from fifty years ago, you would think that the country had completely gone insane. And you'd be right. If you were an alien visiting the planet and you said well, take me to where their leaders are, and they said, look, before you go, you got to see their TV shows. I think the aliens might go, you know what, we'll stop at the next one. I mean, they're gonna keep going, you know what I'm saying. Okay, now I'm done. I'm gonna shut up. But for God's sake, does anybody not see that, regardless of what side you think should be taken seriously, that neither side behaves as though they should be taken seriously. Whether they're infiltrating, having pissing contests on Twitter, or they're throwing dance parties or WWE you know, Hall of Fame reunions, it's all at a point where it's like, how do you take this seriously? That's just me and I'll leave it at that. But what else do you have to follow up with besides Mike Lindell and this Danny I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, no, no worries. Well, it sounds like what's going on Like anytime I go to like a sporting event, like an NBA basketball game or a baseball game, every time there's.
Speaker 3: A break in.
Speaker 2: An inning, there's loud music and there's dancing and then they got the mask on, you know, on roller skates, and yeah, yeah, it's like the side shot. We've got to keep us entertained. But no, I will comment a little bit. I didn't want to. I'm not sure if I wanted to get too political, but but I have noticed one thing. And I'm not making a prediction who's going to win the election, but I think it's going to be tight. I've already seen much more discipline from lagnancy from the Democrats compared to the twenty sixteen where Hillary just thought he was going to grace, you know, into the office. This I think they're picking Trump very seriously in the possibility that's going to be a tight election. So I mean i'm seeing I'm seeing caution in That's what I'm seeing. But I did see one thing that wasn't cautious. I mean, she did pick I was a little surprised she picked Wallas as a VP, but I'm kind of happy she did. That would be somebody that would fit more line in my political persuasion. So I'm just but but I know Kamala from California, She's always been a pretty cautious candidate in a lot of ways. I remember when she was the district attorney in Alameda County, which is probably about an hour and fifteen minutes where I lived, and she was the DA in San Francisco, and I did vote for her for attorney general, and I did vote for a Senate And I have my reasons why I did. I thought she was the better candidate at that time. I'm not saying how she's like my favorite politician. I don't think she may even be the strongest, but she's hitting everything as good as she can or work for what I see, She's been cautious.
Speaker 1: Now I hear you, But you know again, I what can I say? Be Pete? You know, what do you say to all of this? I don't know, But what are your thoughts? We got another caller, Well, yeah, anybody can.
Speaker 4: Out of respect to Danny, I'm all, I'll curb my enthusiasm about Kamala.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kamala?
Speaker 3: How what hell is heard? Pronounces it? But because I just I can't believe. You know, it's like it's like the old magic trick.
Speaker 4: They started this convention and she shows up the first night, she's coming in and all smiley and hey, good's the nice hanging out?
Speaker 3: Oh there you are, you.
Speaker 4: Know, doing the point and wave, and it's like ten minutes later, somebody came and threw a smoke bomb down and when the smoke.
Speaker 3: Cleared, they started telling you about this other.
Speaker 4: Individual and they've got this background and they're a tough prosecutor and they're going to go after and blah blah blah for the next four days. Suddenly comes Thursday, It's like, who the hell is this accepting the nomination. They have completely rewritten who this individual is. They have created a whole new history. It's like the person that we saw on Thursday night given that acceptance speech, has not been vice president for the past three and a half years.
Speaker 3: It's a totally different individual.
Speaker 4: Then you talk about a whitewash.
Speaker 3: They have given her a they've given her the botox.
Speaker 4: Treatment from hell, she's not even recognizable now. Yeah, that's what's gone on in the past four days. I couldn't believe it. I'm sitting here going, you know, on Monday she was Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Tonight, I don't know who.
Speaker 4: The hell this is because this person doesn't exist. This history that they just gave us for this woman did not take place. It's like she has not lived up until Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Well, but what I saw is them leaning back into her time in California, where they were saying that she had done a great many things, And frankly, I didn't know about a lot of these things that they're claiming she did in California. And what's fascinating is she ran for president before, and you know, they didn't bring up a lot of these points in the biography before. So clearly we have different people working on her public bio now than what we used to do.
Speaker 4: Well, that's because what she ran before, she was gone before the first caucus.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was gone before Iowa.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course. But regardless of the caucuses, there was plenty of time to put out the you know, the campaign stuff because we knew plenty about people that made it, you know, as far or not far.
Speaker 4: At that time, she was riding her her celebrity as a senator.
Speaker 3: She was she was the new withsk she was the female.
Speaker 4: Barack Obama, right, and she was working her way through the paces.
Speaker 1: Yes, and she was a whole.
Speaker 4: Different personality then, right. I mean, they've rewritten her a couple of times. She was this latest remake that's kind of scary.
Speaker 1: No, you're right about that, Baracco, Like she was supposed to be the female Barack Obama who was going to come in as a young fresh senator again, right, just like Barack did, and gonna gonna be the big change, the big agent of change that we absolutely need because to counter Trump, and really it's countering the same that That's the funny part is that you're countering the same person that you were countering in twenty sixteen, right, so it should be the same sort of counterpoints, but it's not. It is a different person. Now. That's I don't know, it's not as fascinating to me as it is to some others because I see this rehabilitation of people. And again, what's funny is you know you got a guy in Vance over there that, in my opinion, is you know, outside of the fact that you know you got what Waltz is the is the coach, right, He's a coach, He's a teacher. He's a coach. He's a teacher, versus Vance, who is you know, on one side wants to pay him as a white supremacist. The other side is kind of like, look, he's part of the brain trust and he came over to the right side. But either way, neither one of these guys. They each have less of a presence as far as mattering into these campaigns really, uh than Mike Pence had, which is hard to do because Pence was just the appendage on the Trump thing the first time. Uh. And you know, it's weird watching the vps. The whole thing is just really strange. Danny, I'm gonna put you on hold because we got other callers and I want to get to one of them right away, who I'm very sure is going to have something different to say. And uh, you know, I thought I was going to have an interaction with his fan club until I got interrupted by a hell of a bunch of a string of events that caused me issues this month. And I've almost lost track of time. How many days did I lose to all the madness? And again, I'll get to that story later. It's not about me tonight. It's about you guys calling in three one nine, five, two seven, five zero one six. That is the number to call and get in on the conversation. So, Jimmy James, you are alive, sir. Your thoughts whatever they may be about whatever you want your live.
Speaker 4: Hey there close?
Speaker 5: How yeah, how's everyone doing?
Speaker 1: That was kind of my question for you. I'm in one piece, Jimmy, you know, still not feeling great, but better than I was, So.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know how you are tired the show last night. You've had to have a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, for sure, I got to tell you guys about what happens when there's a blackout in making Georgia. Uh and and other crazy stories of how I got tortured. You know. It's one of those things where I do say out loud. Maybe God hates me. I'm not sure. But anyway, Jimmy, what's on your mind? Though? Forget about my situation or even how Pete kind of told you how he was doing at the top of the show, but be Pete, you want to tell Jimmy how you doing before he gets rolling.
Speaker 4: I'm just hanging out and making it through the weekend.
Speaker 3: Monday's coming and I'm not looking forward to.
Speaker 1: I hear you're talking about Monday on Friday, So you're not looking forward to much at all, are you? Yikes? Okay, well, Jimmy, there you have it. What's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's just a step guys on the human crap some bention, Man, I didn't watch it, not surprisingly, I didn't watch the Republican one. You do, right, sounds like there's a real circus. There, lots of circuses, lots of bread, lots of eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, Jimmy, I object to you saying there's lots of bread. Uh. There, there's plenty of circuses, but the bread is too damn expensive. Uh to be honest with you, And I don't see, you know, nobody's giving out government cheese or anything at this point. I don't know, man, I don't see much bread. Plenty of circus though, plenty.
Speaker 4: Of they're waiting for the new bread to come out to feed the masses.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like ninety percent lad or not.
Speaker 1: So okay, go ahead, Jimmy, I'm sorry what.
Speaker 5: No, I agree, you're right. You're right there's no bread, no food.
Speaker 6: Jad that was wrong with me.
Speaker 5: Just say clearly we are starving.
Speaker 1: Plenty of circus though, I am.
Speaker 5: Oh, you can't turn on the TV without seeing that show.
Speaker 1: No, And you know, and the thing I'm describing with the dance parties, I mean, can you picture it from what I'm describing because I look, I didn't watch the whole thing, but I did watch portions of it at a time to try and get you know, a feel for it. I was going to do a show, you know, on the DNC and play cliffs and everything. But I mean, you know, first of all, I don't want to get hit for copyright because they were jamming out all kinds of tunes, you know, more more music played from the We could get a copyright strike than the Trump Convention by a long shot, which is hard because Trump loves him some of those songs that he plays during every event he has, you know, but even the copyright strikes that could come along from that, I can't. I can't beat what was going on at the Democrat Convention. I mean, like I said, they had the hits from the seventies and the eighties right here on your oldies circus station, the DNC live stream. I felt like I was, you know, literally dealing with some kind of new radio station with live DJs, you know, literally doing the whole DJ routine. You know what I'm describing there, right.
Speaker 5: Well, I could picture. I didn't watch Suitor list.
Speaker 3: It's good, right, right, know, what's up?
Speaker 5: I can picture president Macho there from Idiocracy, same thing.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. But I liked him. I like that character.
Speaker 4: You know I do too.
Speaker 1: I mean he was cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm not sure he should be president.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. I might pick him over the two that we got right now. You know, Alessandro what, I got to get his full name. It's like Alessandro Mountain dew WrestleMania, Camacho or something. I got to get his full name, uh in a moment.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I agree with you the Camcho. I what a great movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more and more. It's like a like a documentary at this point. Uh, you know, as opposed to a comedy.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: The one thing I did recently, I have not seen an episode of Sean On uh since it was on. I watched an episode of this thing. Aw man, that's a funny show. Thus parts the announcer. Now, I remember why I loved that show so much.
Speaker 5: You ever see that show?
Speaker 6: Check you remember that, Shanna?
Speaker 1: I remember Sean On.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: It was on when I was a kid, when I was pretty young. It was on TV. I I gotta tell you, though, honestly, I don't think i've seen an episode of that year is where Where did you even see that? Was it on a live stream somewhere or is there a TV network that's actually running reruns of Shawn on Hawk? Because I haven't seen it.
Speaker 6: Nah, I had to look forward. It's they got they got some on YouTube. The announcers what cracks me up When the cloud when the crowd when they start to show you know, the clouds, the clouds, the crowd's doing the clapping and all that. I like the announcer shut up, and then he goes, yeah, mister producer tells me something is has been writing louder saying maybe I'm not a nice guy or some such thing.
Speaker 1: Quit That would that be the Jimmy James delivery. If you got a chance to be an announcer on a TV show, if they if they brought back shot on On offered it to you, how about you be the announcer Jimmy James for shot on On.
Speaker 5: I would love that. I'd be willing to be an announcer on anything long as I as long as they're cool for me talking like that guy right right?
Speaker 1: Hey, you know they played at Woodstock shot on On? Did you know? I did?
Speaker 5: Because after I watched the episode, I was like, yeah, I remember the show pretty good from when I was a kid. I was looking up. I was like, what they were a woodstack? They were what they sang the soundtrack to Grease.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that. No, wonder they got to show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the whole thing. That's why it showed up, you know. And then they had kind of a mini star launch off of that show. For a minute, he was popular everywhere as a guest and stuff. His name was Bowser people, in case you were not alive back then or right, b Pete, do you remember Sean On?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bower remember Sorry what what's what? Jimmy James?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm sorry, I go ahead, BP. I just say, yeah, that was mainly what I remember.
Speaker 5: The show was to do Bowser Bowser.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So b Pte, you were saying, do you remember it?
Speaker 3: Sean On A Oh yeah, I remember they.
Speaker 4: They Let's see, I was born in sixty so yeah, you know, I mean I grew.
Speaker 8: Up with him.
Speaker 1: Right what year did that run? Maybe I should look at it. I don't even remember if they.
Speaker 3: Have why what show is this that you're they had? Did they have a series on TV?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: They had a series of rants from nineteen seventy seven to nineteen eighty one, not bad or yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, I knew I was a little kid then, right, so you know, eighty one would have made me nine years old. So nine years old when it went off the air means yeah, yeah, that's right in that pocket where I was really actually getting introduced to TV. Before that, I hadn't watched the TV. Yeah good.
Speaker 3: What what network did that run on?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm gonna look it up and see.
Speaker 3: Ye I won't win at now, let's see ninety.
Speaker 1: Seven yeah TV series, Uh yeah, ninety seven episodes. Let me see here, ninety seven episode. It was hosted by the popular rock and roll comedy group of the same name. The show was produced by Pierre Cosette and originally distributed by Lexington Broadcast Services. Each episode ran for twenty two minutes, and reruns continued to air in syndication. Nineteen eighty two to nineteen eighty three television season. Okay, I didn't know that. Now who originally aired it? What network was it on? I'm looking let's see.
Speaker 5: I'm for sure ABC because I remember having to go flip the switch.
Speaker 1: Well, the network simply says syndicated, which means that it might have been across different networks, like one of those shows that you know might have run in some markets on one network and in other markets a different one. You know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was originally released a syndicated Yeah.
Speaker 1: What network was shuh nuh?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Did you watch any football last weekend?
Speaker 1: Jimmy, did you catch any football?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do you think of this new kickoff the new kickoff rules?
Speaker 6: I don't like it.
Speaker 10: It was hard for me to figure out, and the players apparently they have trouble figuring out.
Speaker 6: So it's apparently too much.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just I guess.
Speaker 4: I guess eliminating the fair catch and the uh the touchbacks, you know, I can see them wanting to eliminate that.
Speaker 3: But I don't know who thought this went up. This is weird.
Speaker 4: They've changed the whole process for kickoffs now, Chuck. So it's the guys line up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard about this, but I haven't seen it yet. How does it look? I mean, what are your impressions on it?
Speaker 7: It looks weird, I mean, if it really looks weird, you see these guys line up in the end zone, well in the on the side of the fifty yard line of the team that's receiving, and the two lines are what five yards apart.
Speaker 3: They can't move until the ball is.
Speaker 4: Either caught or touches the ground or goes out of play. So you don't have teams running down anymore from the you know, the thirty yard line down to the other end. The kicker is on his own forty I think the other teams are on the other teams forty and thirty five. And then you know the red zone from the twenty yard line to the goal line. That's now the area that you have to kick the ball into.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: So and you can't fair catch it. Of course, you don't have that. You know, you don't have that flanker coming down the sideline, running it twenty seven miles an hour the whole way, gaining steam, you know, to take a flying leap at you the minute you catch the ball. So they've eliminated that, but it yields more returns.
Speaker 3: But it's just weird. It's so hard.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like when the Colts went to Indianapolis that first year.
Speaker 3: It's like this just doesn't look right.
Speaker 1: It's funny. I'm looking at Sean and I right now, and I found an Internet archive link to what I think would allow you to access like all of the episodes, and apparently, yeah it was. It was not necessarily contained one network. It ran on various networks all over the country and was a highly rated show. I remember seeing it on broadcast TV. But you know, I would watch pretty much anything that we could get the rabbit Ears to uh, you know, with the Rabbit Ears Tinfoil and Code Anger to cooperate with. And you know, a funny little fact here is that they went on on stage at Woodstock right before Jimmy Hendrix Sean on a and apparently complained that they never got paid. Okay, it surprised me.
Speaker 5: So on the other hand, they got to make the Grease soundtrack and then got their own TV show, So I don't know what they're They made out a lot better than Jimmy Hendrix.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true. I mean Jimmy was gone what two years later, and they they had careers you know that went into the eighties. So what can you say? Right, wow, Okay, And you know what's funny is I'm looking at a lot of the guest stars on the nineteen seventy seven season per Sean on Ah and it reads like the game stars that used to be on the Scooby Doo movies, you know what I mean, Like Phyllis Diller's on there, and uh, you know what I'm saying. Charles Nelson Riley, You know, Charles Nelson Riley, it's what it says. No, he's not a part of the show. He's a guest on the show. They had guests. Oh, I know.
Speaker 6: I just though usually there were music guests. I mean, the one I.
Speaker 5: Had to see was Chuck Berry.
Speaker 1: No, apparently Milton Burrow was on there. No, No, No, they had all kinds of those like guests from that era, you know what I mean. Like I said, if you think about who was on the Scooby Doo movies, if I look hard enough, I'm willing to bet there's a Harlem Globetrotters, you know. But yeah, next kid was Donna's Don Knats dont right. Oh yeah, we got Edgar Berg and Charlie McCarthy. Okay, Phyllis Diller, Like I said, Charles Nelson Riley, Milton Borough, Carol Lawrence. Who else is on you? I don't know. It's it's pretty weird. Seana and I got their big break. Yeah, apparently Woodstock was their big break too. So anyway, weird stuff. We're talking Sean on democratic conventions, why not and whatever the hell else is on your minds. If you guys join in just so you know, what are your thoughts me, Pete, we're having a eclectic conversation so far, wouldn't you say.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not really a big do wop fan, so a lot of their music, you know. Unfortunately, a side story on Greece. When that movie came out, just like Saturday Night Fever, our theater that I worked at, we would not.
Speaker 3: Get the initial release, but we would get it.
Speaker 4: By four months after the initial release, right, and we would run it.
Speaker 3: We had dollar movies, we would pack them in on that thing.
Speaker 4: So, just like Saturday Night Fever, I had to listen to the soundtrack of Grease almost two and a half months. I was so sick of listening to that when I when I left that.
Speaker 3: Place, it was well, it was horrible.
Speaker 1: I bet, I bet no, I must have dreamn you crazy. Well anyways, yeah, hey, look but business is business, and the movie business was interesting. When you had the second run theater like that. I used to love the Beach Cinema in Bradley Beach for those reasons. They always had the cheap movies. It was a lot of fun. Uh, you know, but you catch it after everybody else saw it, no matter what it was all the way up to Uh. I remember seeing Return of the Jedi there a bunch of times because it was like the two dollars movie for like two months at the Beach Cinema.
Speaker 4: Be honest, our biggest night, tulle whenever we got Monty Python, Search for Holy Grail or any of the money Python movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or.
Speaker 4: Oh god, what's the the Tim Curry Frankenstein.
Speaker 1: Tim Curry Frankenstein. You mean Rocky Horror.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rocky Horror. Those were our best. We'd get them for like two months of a pop, and we would.
Speaker 1: Just pack it, well, the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Even into the nineties, I had friends that would go to those things, you know where they would actually throw the toast and uh, people sprayed, you know and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had people show up for Monty Python movies. Would you know have coconuts.
Speaker 1: For the for the horses? I guess, eh, yeah, I don't know I was never a huge fan of Monty Python. But anyways, I'll tell you what we're gonna do, because we're already through the first hour here, even with the late start, so I want to give everybody a chance to breathe and give us a chance to collect our thoughts. I put Jimmy on hold, and I'll be looking forward to hearing from anybody who wants to call in because open lines three one nine, five, two seven, five zero one six is the number to all to join us for a Friday night open mic on the o Jelly Effect.
Speaker 8: Uh, you know, America, shut up, chill up, Ship. I know she's bad right, put on a stark and bullshit and the dust storms.
Speaker 1: Have we running out of French fries and burrito covers. But I got a solution. That's what you said last time.
Speaker 11: I got a solution, chop her, That's what I thought.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: I understand everyone Ship's emotional right now, but listen up, I got a three point plan to fix every number one. We got this guy not sure.
Speaker 8: Number two.
Speaker 11: He's got a higher IQ than any man alive, and I'm breaf He's gonna fix everything.
Speaker 2: I give you my word as Presidentalna mix.
Speaker 8: The problems with all of that. If he's going to make him really and that ain't all.
Speaker 5: Give you my.
Speaker 8: Word, he's going to fix that. Bust. See give your He's gonna in one.
Speaker 1: If you were the smartest person in the world.
Speaker 8: This ones in your mouth.
Speaker 1: This one goes in your butt. Yea on the second one, this one, this one.
Speaker 12: Goes in your mouth, and we're stuck with the dumbest people in history.
Speaker 4: If you have one bucket that holds two gallons and another bucket that holds five gallons, how many buckets.
Speaker 1: Do you have two? What would you do?
Speaker 12: Excuse me, I'm actually supposed to be getting out of prison.
Speaker 13: You're in the wrong.
Speaker 1: Is I'm the smartest guy in the world, he says, who i Q test? You took him prison. You got the highest score of history, even smarter than President Comacho in the year twenty five oh five.
Speaker 12: God, he's gonna so you're smart. How the ordinary will be considered extraordinary happened to It would be bigger idiocracy to put.
Speaker 1: The smartest guy in the world here.
Speaker 13: Oh Chili dot com.
Speaker 14: The War State by Michael Swanson explains the great national transformation that took place and put the Kennedy presidency in the context of the Times and reveals never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis. President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state. Before World War II, the United States was a continental republic. In the decade that followed, it became an imperial superpower. Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to bade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island armed with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers. Their invasion could have led to a Third World War, and they wanted to go to war anyway. The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why, and we'll show you what President Kennedy was up against. For more information The War State dot com.
Speaker 1: Do use express my caller stools there anyone else who happens to get on the air of Jelly dot com. Do not necessarily reflect debews Little Jilly dot com or Jeff o'chilly, and we are not responsible for any stupidity which might ensue. Thank you go ahead.
Speaker 9: Calling the truth about the JAFA assassination.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, what do you want to know.
Speaker 9: Judy Baker's wild claim Oswald girlfriends, he knew Ruby and very answer weapons.
Speaker 1: Really, I imagine I could claim I have four wheels. It doesn't make me a wagon.
Speaker 9: But okay was on the build and trying to prevent the murder of John Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Come on now has a real effort on the Dafay assassination. Go to Amazon dot com entered Judith Baker in her own words. You'll get the results for a digital copy of a book where Walt Brown utilizes her own words and the known evidence in the case to get at well a different perspective. Let's say you can get Judith Ary Baker in her own words from the author himself, signed if you request it by contacting doctor Brown at k I A S JFK at aol dot com. It's a fun book and it actually dissects the many, many fantastic claims Judith very Baker in her own words.
Speaker 9: Thank you for all the great information revelation through conversation.
Speaker 15: As to sleep sp can say from.
Speaker 16: Suspictures six.
Speaker 9: S revelation through conversation Chilly dot Com.
Speaker 6: Ready for.
Speaker 1: The second segment of the O'Kelly Effect. Friday Night open Mic is live and I'm doing the best I can here tonight. But here we are. Join us break up the conversation with anything on your mind? Look proof positive. We went from the Democratic National Convention to Sean Nana. Uh so, you know, thanks to Jimmy James for that. What was it that? Oh yeah, Danny brought up the what do you called the Mike Lindell and others trying to infiltrate the convention and weirdness online. Uh, that's a little different from convention talk I was having where I'm telling you about the dance party and I had a weird experience. You know, why hasn't there been too many oceli effects shows? A string of events has prevented me from broadcasting. And it's not the dogs that are making the noise now, it is other things. Although the dogs were here for some curious stuff. I Entedity b. Pete told you a little bit about it off air. What do you think the best bullet points are here? Should I go to how sick I was? Or just say look for like a good portion, many many days. A couple of weeks I was ill, tried to get better, and then the blackout came. You want to hear the descriptions of the blackout, or at least a short version of it.
Speaker 3: It's been a lot since I've been in a total blackout.
Speaker 1: Well, the city of Making parts of the city blacked out completely. And it was hot.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: It was hot outside to the point where you know, food that was in the fridge was spoiling instantaneously. And the power went out on a Saturday night, which I think it was Saturday night. Now I'm mixed up with my days, by the way, because look, I had nothing, but the power went out at night after I was done recording stuff. And you know, I'm like, okay, power outage because there's storms somewhere in the area, lightning electricity. No big deal, they'll put it back on, you know, but hot as hell in my house. Also, no ability to cook food, and I went looking for my resources. You know, I found a couple of candles and one of what I thought were too wind up flashlights. You know, I urge everybody to get these wind up flashlights because you can't find batteries in a blackout, or you know your power's cut off and you can't find batteries for a flashlight. Believe me, first priority, you're going to need to navigate your way through your house, you know, and be able to go around. And if there's no street lights, the moonlight might not be reliable outside even because of the cloud cover, forget it, and clouds are coming in and out. So we had moonlights sometimes and sometimes not. But I had this wind up flashlight which also has a radio on it, right, so it's a radio flashlight and it's supposed to be a charger too, but I couldn't get the charger to work. Do you have stuff like that? VPTE, Like the wind up flashlights.
Speaker 3: I had. I'm trying to find another one. I used to have an old.
Speaker 4: Oh crap, what's the brand of radio they advertise on Coast to Coast AM One of those wind up jobs.
Speaker 3: It was nice, had a flashlight in one end of it, yep, And I basically it was just a radio more than anything. But yeah, I've got some stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I've also got some a few things my brother has given me over the years at Christmas, like emergency camp lights and things like that.
Speaker 3: So I've got one that you can, you know, recharge it off in the USB port.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good, all right, Well, I think this thing is supposed to be a charger and also get charged off the USB port. But I couldn't get that to work. And I know why was I trying to get it to work. Kim's phone was already dead. Missus osmone no good. So we had no phone, right, and only the wind up flashlight because you know, again no batteries. You can just wind it up. Now. It doesn't keep a charge very long, but you got light and also you got radio. So it sounds like, yeah, they used to have an expensive one on coast to coast rights. It was a little bit expensive the wind up flash light, wasn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, but it was.
Speaker 4: I mean, it worked, it would pick up the reception on it was amazing. But this light that I've got, it's neat. You know, if your phone was getting low. It's got a USB built in US be plugged that you can plug into a computer and charge it. But also it's got a USB poured that you can take the prong section off your recharger and plug it in the USB port and charge your phone.
Speaker 3: It's quite nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, and that's what I was hoping mind would do. But I have a cheaper one, you know, and it's actually, uh, the one that I had is very small. It's not that much bigger than an average flashlight actually, but it's got a radio on it, so the dial is really small, and it's got AM and FM and what they call a weather band, you know, the weather band where all they do twenty four hours a day is tell you the weather in the area. You've seen that, right, Yeah, I had.
Speaker 4: I had a weather band radio in my boat, especially for when you were off the coast, so keep up with what was wrong, right, handy, very handy the hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, I mean, you know, people imagine these for storm emergencies, but here I am power out. The storm was not near me, so it was calm and there was no wind, no breeze, and it was just really, really hot. So I decided let's take the family out on the front porch and sleep outside, you know, in the dark. Right this way we get some air because I mean I was sweating inside, right and as I said, stuff that was in the fridge was already starting to spoil. Within a few hours. But around like say one o'clock in the morning, I notice that there's a couple of guys walking around with flashlights, you know. And they're not just walking around with flashlights though, some of them have like carts on wheels and you know, So there's guys walking down the middle of the street on my street with a cart with wheels, right, and flashlights. And I noticed a couple of them. One of them was a pair of guys seemed to be together. And then there was like maybe like four or five all together with the group, plus you know, four more appearances maybe of guys with and I don't know if it was the same guy sometimes or what. But I noticed this. And they walk down my street, you know, the middle of the street, mind you uh, and you know I got a two way street that I live on because you've been here. Yeah, So I'm like, I'm thinking, that's strange. You know that they have empty carts and they're walking around. They can't be going to the store because stores are closed, no electricity, there's no reason to pump gas. They close the doors, right and uh, usually put on like an emergency light outside and that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but wouldn't wouldn't that be the time to go and see if a door magically opened somewhere, because you know, no power blackout alarms aren't working either.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I thought I thought nothing of it, but I felt strange, right uh And and I was just like, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go get my pistol and I'm gonna keep that with me outside too, with the family, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: So we're out there literally with our you know, our our our pillows. Well, Frankie brought his pillow. I just laid there on the ground pretty much. But you know, Kim came out in a pillow or a sweater or whatever she was covering herself with, and we just kind of, you know, makeshift sort of camped on the front porch. And yeah, I had a loaded gun with me because I don't know what's going on in the dark. Okay. Now, I'm not saying I was super nervous or anything, but it was like, I don't know, I feel odd. Let me get the pistol. So we go through and the morning comes and the power's not back on, and I'm wondering what's happening. Seems like none of my neighbors are around, like those that could have left left right, they went somewhere in their cars. So I'm thinking to myself, Okay, we don't have a car, we can't go anywhere, we can't call anybody. Well, the electric company's got to turn this thing back on sometime, right, Well they didn't, you know. So another another night comes and I see these guys again, same situation, between like one and four am, and they got their carts and they're out there with flash lights again. And I don't know these guys or anything. I'm just like, okay, whatever, and you know, pistol again, right, And I couldn't cook. I thought I was going to get away with I have some you know, charcoal and stuff, you know, like we could do that because we have electric appliances to cook with, right, So no electricity, no cooking, So I thought maybe I could cook something or whatever. But it turns out that the charcoal I had, I thought it was stored securely, apparently water had gotten in it some time ago. And what I really had there was a bunch of wet charcoal briquette mess like mud pretty much, So no useful charcoal nothing to burn, and here we are again on another hot, hot night. I mean during the day it was over one hundred degrees. We're sweating our butts off during the day, but I had to go inside to get in the shade. Anyhow, So another night goes by, but I'm more nervous this time, and I don't know why. I have no idea what's going on. But anyhow, I'm sitting there thinking to myself, Man, this is crazy. And I asked missus Oh to go check the mail because garbage pickup didn't get done, you know. And I'm like, okay, nobody came to pick up the garbage. My neighbors are gone. You know, something happened that I don't know about. I mean, I'm checking the radio and they're not saying anything, even though I'm listening to making FM stations and AM stations, and we have an interesting Fox station in Makeing, I found out. Anyhow, I'm listening to all these different things, you know, the different Red Eye radio on the overnight Bpete, you know, and I'm chilling. And we get through another day. So I asked missus O Goo check the mail because I don't remember a mail truck going by during all this either and she goes to check it and boom the lights come back on. So I was happy. First thing I got to do is run down a circle k because look, I couldn't buy cigarettes. I couldn't couldn't get it any money, and I didn't really have any money anyway, but I mean, you know, I couldn't even go buy a pack of cigarettes or a buck or a bag of ice even right to try and keep stuff cold. Everything closed. But anyway, I go down. Their circle k is open, and I go in there and talk to the lady. Hey, do you know what this power outage was all about? What happened? I mean, is what's going on? And she tells me, you know, not everybody's got their power back. Number one, but number two that those guys that I saw apparently were going place to place seeing if they could find some vulnerable houses, maybe some people left and this and that, and the carts were for them to cart things away. Now I didn't see them do any of that myself, but this is what she said, and that's what I was looking at. And I was probably right to have my pistol on me, and uh, hey, what are you gonna do we all just went through this thing, and it is what it is, and now there'll be nothing about it now. I checked out local news afterwards. They didn't cover none of this. They acted like pretty much it didn't happen, except that they did mention in a few places. You know, hey, look there's still these many customers out over here, this many out over there, you know, in the news clips over those days. But they didn't really talk about much of anything that went on or why the power outage happened in the first place. Local news sucked win and that was the weirdness that I went through. Bit of hell. And oh, by the way, as soon as I got through with that and I got ready to set up and start doing my shows again, I said, great, I can get back and doing my shows, and let's do that. I sit down to come and do that, and you know, thinking that night, after you know a couple of days of no power and everything, and we deal with the foods and all that, I come in to sit down and do my show and boom, my internet goes down, so I have no internet. The night I wanted to do my first broadcast after that was Wednesday, when Larry was supposed to come on with David Boilin, and I get a message David Boyling doesn't feel well. We're not gonna be able to do the show tonight, and I'm thinking to myself, first of all, I went through all this crap and had to go through this, and that just sucked, and it seems like the universe is not on my side. But it almost feels like the universe is not on the side of my show either, because can't do that, not even when we give you the power back seat, don't suffocate the death, which quite frankly, I think if I didn't make it to the doctor and I didn't get some of that medicine going, and I didn't start getting a little bit better with the puking and the pain and everything else that started up the week before, I think I probably would have expired in the extreme heat sitting here when the power was out. I really feel that way I was that week. So I think I just barely survived a weird ordeal here and UH wanted you guys to know about it. I told this story kind of last night too, after I talked to Swanson, which is an interesting show, and you guys will enjoy these podcasts that are coming out and have come out. It's gonna be an interesting, uh couple of weeks here. Now. I got things backed up, people that need to be rescheduled, et cetera. But uh, I haven't gone away. I haven't quit, and I haven't dropped dead yet. Just for the record, and I'm not looking to But man, when the Internet and the electronic and electricity gods work against you, they work against you. Man. Anyway, be Pete before I turned back to the phone lines, which I'm hoping people will join. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six. I still see Jimmy hanging on, but if nobody else joins, we're gonna probably conclude just talking to Jimmy tonight, guys, and whatever he wants to bring up he can three one nine five two seven five zero one six With that, Thy'll be Pete before I go back to Jimmy or check Skype again. Anything on your mind that you want to discuss during the show tonight.
Speaker 8: Oh No.
Speaker 4: I thought it was interesting today's announcement that RK Junior is is dropping from the ballot in the Big Queen States and telling everybody to vote Trump.
Speaker 3: I found that interesting.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I did not. I Uh, that's predictable. I knew that was coming. That's not unusual. In my mind, makes perfect sense actually, But what are your thoughts on it? Do you do you find it strange? Do you still have this weird idea that somehow he's a Democrat Because some people have this bizarre idea that RFK Junior is still some kind of Democrat and I don't think so at all. And the rumors of him working with Trump, colluding with Trump, being on the Trump side of things, well, you can take that all the way back to twenty sixteen, when supporters of Trump were screaming up and down that I needed to support him because they were going to bring RFK Junior in as what the new vaccines are and all that, and that finally we were going to get some of those complaints heard because Trump was going to work with RFK, he was going to bring him into the cabinet, he was going to bring him into the fold. It didn't happen. And I feel as though all RFK Junior could do is siphon votes off of the Trump you know, if all of it being you know, upfront reel and everything all he could do possibly is siphon votes away from Trump. I don't think anybody who would back RFK realistically was on the Biden side of the equation or now the coming side could pulled.
Speaker 3: I think he could have pulled some Biden people off of Biden. I really do you really do? There's that little sliver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a sliver of Democrats that when it comes to some things, they still have a pragmatic view.
Speaker 3: They're not all you know, over the cliff now. I thought he would pull more off the.
Speaker 5: Democrat side than the Trump side.
Speaker 4: To being honest, I think Tulsea Gabbard would pull more from Trump than rfjor.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Telsea Gabbard came up in the news this past week too during my ordeal. From what I understand when I was listening to some of the news stations. Did you hear about that? Did you hear her come up in the news reas?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've had her on the watch list for a while, so every time she's gone somewhere, she's got like three or four TSA agents following her for a couple of air marshals.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you did it, okay, so you didn't you didn't hear the other thing then, that he was supposed to be helping Trump out with his h Yeah, you don't know about this.
Speaker 3: Oh that No, that's old news.
Speaker 1: Hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's been advising Trump on some things now for what a month or more?
Speaker 1: No, but allegedly she was helping him do some sort of dry runs with not quite debates. But if somebody was to h like she was standing in and being some sort of confrontational person for Trump, helping him practice things. From what I understand, like she's way up in the Trump campaign, which makes perfect sense. But that's the thing. And also RFK Junior, I think the only guy he would have really hurt realistically would have been Trump. So in order to make things easier here, considering that, you know, he doesn't need to be there at all to bother anybody now because it's no longer Biden Trump, he's got to get out of the way to be in support of Trump, which she always was. So that's the way I see it. I mean, the same tech people back both of them, you know, the same big tech people that that are on Trumps side are also more than happy to back our FK. And RFK was not going to win realistically, no matter what you think of him, he had no real chance. So you know, why leave the ross Paro character in the race if you don't need him and they no longer needed him. As a matter of fact, I'm I'm more convinced than ever that it's going to be a Trump win, you know, despite with the MSM.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to be a Trump win.
Speaker 4: You know, unless something that comes out of the blue that that would change his ability to.
Speaker 3: Hold the position. You know, we still gotta wait.
Speaker 4: I've read some today something about brag or something caved on some crap? Are they Is he still scheduled to be sentenced on uh in September.
Speaker 1: Brag? You know, I I do not know. I would have to double check that because I gotta be honest, I didn't follow it. This again, I've been a little out of the loop, you know, I did listen to some news in the blackout, but I've been a little out of the loop, uh, you know, and been fixed things up since the problem is.
Speaker 4: To see, we still got a bet on that on him actually being sentenced, So don't forget.
Speaker 1: We'll need to Well he didn't get sent after that one, Yeah, we we had one bet as already settled where he didn't get sentenced during the one deadline, right, I gotta double.
Speaker 4: You know that. That was the bet was whether he gets censored, and then they had the deadline where it got pushed back. So right now and then that we discussed it, I still think he's going to get actually sentenced.
Speaker 1: Well, I said there was no way that he was going to be sentenced by that deadline, so I was correct there. But nonetheless, let's see what happens in September. I'll have to check that on. That's the brag one.
Speaker 3: Huh, No, it's it's the one. It was the the.
Speaker 4: Property filings. What's her name? What's the female up there in New York?
Speaker 3: Where's Tisa James?
Speaker 4: Fannie Fannie was in Georgia, Latita James, Yeah, tir Case, Yeah, no.
Speaker 1: Right, Fannies down here, Latitia James is in New York. I didn't know which name you were looking for, but yeah, oh I.
Speaker 4: Heard I was reading where supposedly your governor and Trump made up in their buddies.
Speaker 1: Now, of course, listen as soon as no matter what the personal issue is or the beef is with the GOP eventually they will. You know, look, we got to unify, even if we hate each other. They'll do that. They don't form the circular firing squad that the Democrats do. They just don't. So eventually everybody makes up on the GOP side the way I see it, Hey, let's get back to the callers.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 1: It looks like we got at least one or two more joining, and yeah, let's get to it. Let's see now bring this down, and where's my caller lines? Whoops? Come on now, a little little awkwardness here, guys, because I where is my caller line? There? We go, okay, and yeah, let's bring Jimmy back on. See if he's got anything to say about this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know that you won the one, bet Chuck, because he didn't get sentenced in August. So we're just waiting on. Let's suppose it's September whatever it is. I'm thinking thirteenth?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what what is that? What is the date on it again? I'm sorry, Jimmy, go ahead, what is the date on it again?
Speaker 5: I think it a thirteen.
Speaker 1: Thirteenth that already went by that one.
Speaker 6: But now they're yeah, no, no, I mean I think it's temp September thirteenth is what's stuck in my head.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's scheduled to be sentenced again on the thirteenth of September. Maybe, yeah, let me a little bit.
Speaker 5: Supposedly it's gonna go to September, I guess.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, but I know I was right about the first deadline. No way, and no, they didn't do it by the first deadline that happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was like July something that I lost that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, and I lost track. But yeah, so the hush money they might have been July. Well that's what I was thinking. The thirteenth already happened whenever that thirteenth was supposed to come and go, you know, so we'll be sentenced on his business road convictions September. Okay, here's the thing about September. A New York judge ruled Tuesday, in the wake of Monday Supreme Court decision on presidential immunity. Right, this is when they changed it up. This is back from where is this from? From July second they talked about this, it had to be changed up, and that's why he wasn't sentenced. Then they pushed it back, right, okay. On Tuesday, agreed to the sentencing should be delayed, although we believe right the sentencing deadline initially was July twenty fourth. I was just looking, okay, and that went by, and now the we got the former president's lawyer argued that the ruling confirmed their position that Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Braggs should not have been allowed to offer evidence at the trial regarding Trump's official acts. Right, right, that was that old thing about the immunity thing going through the Supreme Court, and now they needed to know figure out what should or should not have been offered into evidence. It hasn't been in the headlines lately, though, hazard.
Speaker 6: Jimmy, No, I haven't heard squad about any of Trump's cases at all.
Speaker 1: What a what a coincidence? What a what a thing? Like somebody who bears a striking resemblance to me said, would happen? You're not going to hear about it because nothing is going to happen. But anyway, Yeah, so anything else you want to bring up, here's.
Speaker 5: But well, on the the rfk J thing, I think he definitely would have drained more Biden votes.
Speaker 6: And uh, since he wants to join up with Trump. I think he would make I would I would trust him in two positions, either the head of the FDA or the head of the CIA, head.
Speaker 1: Of the c I A RFK junior. Imagine that that would be wild. That would be wild. I don't even know how that would go. Was that I think.
Speaker 6: I think he's the best idea to come up for DCI since the seventies when they tried to get.
Speaker 5: JFK's Press secretcharity in there. I think it's an excellent idea.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you say so. But I've heard these rumors now for jeez, eight years, I guess regarding you know, this guy is going to be part of the Trump team. He's going to go in there. But this is the first time he's actually come out publicly and backed him and said, you know, I'm all for it. I'm on the Trump side. So, but these rumors on the inside, people working for him, people rooting for him. Trump or RFK Junior at both come to me and told me, no, you don't know, it's on the inside. It's coming.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: They told me that was going to be part of the deal with him revealing the documents in twenty seventeen that was going to happen, and that Trump was gonna put him in charge of a committee that was going to once and for all, you know, do a public explanation and show people the whole truth about the vaccination thing and really get to the bottom of it and even remove the special protections that big Pharma gets. They were telling me this guy RFK Junior is gonna finally do that because he's the anti vax guy and he's going to get the truth out about his uncles and his father's assassinations. That's what they told me, and that Trump is going to facilitate that form. And thus far, all I see is a political endorsement. And some of the same big tech people backing Arek Junior that are also backing Trump one way or another, either through a super pack or a second or third party you know, donor situation, but either way, it is what it is.
Speaker 6: And I think the Ong guy and Semi Valley that's a Republican as Musk, the rest of them are flaming liberals. They don't pick texts founding those guys not all true.
Speaker 1: They some of them have publicly they look like they're flaming liberals and then take a look at where their money goes. When you check out the filings, it's not all going to the DNC at all. Telling you now, there's there's certain segments of the big tech sectors. They don't go to the d n C with their money, not at all.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, I can speak true what they're up to. They're they're pretty secret about all their jump over there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but again because their their corporations have to at least show where some of that money's going when they make donations. Uh, those filings are available.
Speaker 3: On a second.
Speaker 4: Now, you just made the comment about money going to Democrats and a Tony Tony election. Eight percent of the money by the big tich millionaires went to the Democrats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but that's not Look, there's a difference between the personal donations and they give to both by the way, But.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they played both sides of it, just like every other business, just like Wall Street, just like the petroleum companies and everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that ninety eight percent of the Democrats is deceptive because they have these they have super packs that they put money into that coincidentally don't go to the same people that their public donations go to. So you know, it's like it's like the trick Bill Maher played with his whole thing with you know, he gave a million dollars straight up to Barack Obama and we all knew that. But you know, but that's not where all of his money went, because he had another corporate entity that went and was part of chipping in money into a super pack. And he's not a big tech so you know, he's got nothing to do with this discussion except that he would never think that any of Bill Maher's money would go to anything other than liberals, right, but no, you gotta watch It's well.
Speaker 4: Last cycle though, I mean they've got CNBC's got an article on it here. I mean they're talking about a Santa CEO, Dusk and Moscow. It's made his fortune as a Facebook co founder, spent twenty four million. Twilio CEO Jeff Lawson and his wife donated seven. Eric Schmidt from former Google cee EO donated six, and a lot of it went to Future Forward USA and the super pac behind Joe Biden getting elected. So last last cycle, tech kind of went Democrat.
Speaker 1: Yeah it may have, but but again, if you dig through, you find that these guys have they wind up going to both sides. They just hide one and one is out there easy to see.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: But anyway, it is what it is. You can investigate for yourself if you actually dig into it. Take a look at those packs and all those you know, things that are not directly attached to somebody's name, and look into who's actually sitting on the boards. And it's kind of interesting. A lot of big tech money went to again RFK and Trump, and what can I say, they're both raising a quarter of a billion dollars per quarter, So you know, make of that what you will. So jimmy anything else.
Speaker 5: Not really, if there's other people that need to get on, I'm cool with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we'll put you on hold. It looks like we got Danny back, so I'll bring Danny back on see if he's got any other follow ups here, you know, but look open lines. Any new callers. I'm not hear. Just cater to these two guys. I will if that's who calls, But you could be part of it. Two three one nine five two seven five zero one six. I mean, I'm happy to talk to two or three people all the time. Sure makes it easy I know their names and everything, but you could get on here and bring up anything you want. Doesn't even have to be politics. It could be chaos of any which way you want to go. I mean, I was happy talking about Sean Ana for about five minutes or ten minutes or whatever we gave to it. No problem. Remember Bowser? Anybody remember Bowser?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 1: I do remember Bowser? Be Pete by the way, do you remember the fut I have no idea why he was really famous except he made this weird face.
Speaker 17: Right well, that he was exceptionally tall, and he was tall, and he was just like a tall greaser, like he's exactly what John Travolta was trying to be in Greece.
Speaker 1: Except taller exactly right. Uh. Crazy though, and they get in. Their big break was at Woodstock. Nobody would probably pick that out of a hat normally, but apparently that's how they actually got the big attention they got and the TV show came later. Anyways, Danny, there we go, Danny, you're back to live. So what else you got to throw on the table? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: I remember I remember Bowser? Yeah? My uh my wife said dinner was ready, so I had I was. It was one. She's an amazing cook too. I'm in the chief marriage counsel, and so I went off and had dinner. So hey, uh, A couple of things about big tech. Big tech has primarily been very much like big oil with the GOP. They've been heavily, heavily funding the Democratic Party and they're here in California, but they've spread their money around. I know Peter Keel is heavily that has heavily paid money into a lot of GOP in libertarian politics. Matter of fact, he's pretty much back JD Dance from my understanding. And then the last election cycle, the tech industry dropped about one hundred and twenty million dollars into a in my opinion, an anti worker contractor proposition that got backed by all people Gavin and they threw a lot of money into it, and they won. They won. I can vote for it.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, weird, it's just good.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, it's like years back when the Cooke brothers, when both of the Coke Oil, when all the Coke brothers were alive, and they would, you know, come presidential election, yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Would throw money behind the GOP. But and they used to be picketed.
Speaker 4: It used to get me that a lot of these liberals really had a thing for coke industries. But if you look at what actually coke industries donated money too. They supported a lot of left leaning causes, separate elections. They dumped a lot of money into a lot of these organizations that you know, and I think it would surprise a lot of people on the left, you know, just how much money they put out there for the left's purposes, right, it's amazing, But it.
Speaker 1: Would be because there was a strategic purpose behind it where it's served a greater agenda. See, you know, you prop up something so that it gets a certain amount of attention. See, that's the weird thing about some of these guys who you think are all on one side. Peter Teel is a great example, by the way of you know, the guy, the PayPal guy right who turns around in backs you know the right wing for sure, he's a great example, but he's one of the ones that's up front. Teal in addition to that, though, has some of these you know, again, these second the shells that go out there and do stuff. Like I said, some of these packs, these super packs that people know only the name of because they saw a commercial, you know, the one that might be a Trump supporter is like the America was already great, but make it greater pack, you know, something like that'll be the name. This is paid for by this pack or whatever. And then Donald, I'm Donald Trump and I approved this message. He approves it. He didn't pay for it, right, the super pac did. And on the same side, you'll see the Kamala thing now where you know, the uh, we must save American democracy pack, you know, and backs this or whatever, And I'm Kamala and I backed this message. You know, it'll be the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, we must, he must save democracy. You know, that's one thing I've heard.
Speaker 4: Here for the past oh crap three years, you know, threats to democracy, threats to democracy. And I'm thinking this is coming from the organization that has blatantly flat out in the open rig the last three presidential nominations on their side of the ticket. It's amazing the hypocrisy that flows from these people. Well, Kamala never took Kamala never has taken one.
Speaker 3: Vote to put her where she's at here.
Speaker 4: And the other night, who wasn't oh Michelle talk about failing forward. You know, Donald Trump was you know, one of these, you know, born into wealth and he failed forward. And I'm thinking, well, how the hell would you explain? How would you describe what just happened to Kamala? She drops out of the race before the first caucus or primary last cycle, she gets picked because Biden decided he was going to have a woman of color as his running maid.
Speaker 3: So there's your first DEI position. Then she gets this.
Speaker 4: Handed to her without one delegate casting a vote for her, and she's running for president. Talk about failing forward, there's no better example.
Speaker 1: Well, see that the phrase used to be failing upward, and uh, Trump is definitely a primary example of that in his business life. But it is hilarious to me. You're right about this? Is that like, look, this is the pot, this is the kettle. I think you're both lack, but you know, you guys sorted out. Uh, it's just well whatever. You know, The point is that, you know, it's like, hello, hypocrisy. Are you feeling hypocritical today? No, I'm hypocritical. Oh I thought it was hypocritical.
Speaker 3: We hear about democracy.
Speaker 4: I mean Bernie Sanders, he just Bernie did an interview with THEO vonn and he described.
Speaker 3: Exactly how when he ran it got.
Speaker 2: It got rigg.
Speaker 4: I mean, he explains exactly how it happened. Yeah, he knows the de and it happened last time to him with Biden.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, and now look with Doc.
Speaker 1: But they really need captain with the Hillary thing, because I mean he probably had a legitimate shot and quite honestly it would have been more entertaining. But I mean they just need capped him. I mean just absolutely took it away from him and stole it from him when Hillary was it's just her turn. Man, forget it, you're not getting there. But I actually have the people. No, you don't forget it, You're gone. I mean that was horrendous.
Speaker 4: Well last week about you know, using some other ism, more using somebody made the comment, you know, well, maybe we should use the phrase totalitarian and not communists.
Speaker 1: I'm with it.
Speaker 4: This is three executives, this is three elections in a row that the Democratic Party has told the people who they're going to be voting for. It wasn't through the people's choice. So I think the term communist fits pretty well.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, if you say so, But I still like totalitarian You get to sweep up a lot more into that term, a lot easier, and you don't have to make specific uh. You know, there's a lot of specific uh you know, uh facets to communism that maybe not are getting met exactly right. But totalitarianism, boy, that that can catch a lot more a lot more flies, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: And look, you know you catch more flies with honey. You also catch it with crap. But yeah, good, I will.
Speaker 3: Agree with you.
Speaker 4: At one time you could describe the Democrat Party as totalitarian, but they've gone full full fledged communists now quite simple, and Mala is a perfect example of how far they've gone.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, look and all I had to I mean, and by the way, listening to the Fox radio, I mean I probably heard the word commune. I mean, if it was a drinking game, I would have died of alcohol poisoning by the end of the first show. I was winding up because, uh, you know, if you had to take a drink every time somebody said communist on there, I definitely would have died about call poisoning.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: But look, if you think that that's a workable strategy, okay, but I think it would be more workable to explain that this is a total control of the party and what does that look like to you, and let people make their own decisions about it. But anyway, it is what it is, Danny. Anything else you want to throw on the table?
Speaker 2: Well, two things. I got a laugh from the whole communist deal. I mean what I usually respond to that is maybe communism will be easier for me because I could work a whole lot less, I mean least pretend to work and still get paid. Now I got to work a whole lot and still get paid. So I just don't I just I don't really accept that. But one thing about like playing two sides of the aisle. I mean, I'm no fan of the Koch brothers, but they did support a lot of prison reform, and I think they're may emphasis they wanted. I think it was more of a cost benefit analysis because.
Speaker 3: They wanted to.
Speaker 2: Free a lot of the prison industry of a lot of non violent defenders that they thought was very costly locking them up. I think that was really the Koch brothers ideas, like, you know, put away the dangerous criminals and save money, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But see, I have a hard time with the whole, you know, saving money by not locking people up prison idea, because it seems backwards to me considering that that industry is very much for profit now too. It's not the same burden that it was a couple of decades ago, where it was a burden on you know, the treasury. It's just not now. It's a for profit industry that functions a little differently. And I think, you know, that's a different context now when you're looking at trying to reform that situation. It seems to me as though the non violent offenders are the lower risk way to mine monetized the prison population, and they are being monetized, you know. So I don't know's it's a very complex argument. There's a guy who wants to come on here and talk to me about bail reform, and I'm debating whether to bring him on, you know, because here we go with one of these lawyers again, who's going to tell us about how, you know, things should be or whatever. And I don't know the answer to the bail reform issue. But you know, but again it's there's a whole bunch of industries that are now connected to really quite honestly, people's stock prices in certain corporations will go up quite a bit the more we increase the prison population, because there's a bunch of companies that are well involved in it. I mean, there was even a weird scandal here in Georgia where they had this whole argument held up the building of a prison at one point when they were talking about banning smoking in the prisons because it turned out that one of the tobacco companies had some of their investments, okay, a secondary investment in a company that was building the prison, and they didn't want to discourage smoking in the prisons, right. It was this whole weird thing where it's like, it's not even the primary company that's involved in doing stuff, and this isn't about tax money. They're getting tax brakes to build stuff. It's sort of like Amazon, whether it's you know, we're going to bring you jobs, but they get massive tax breaks to bring their Amazon facility to your town, and by the time they're done, they're making money just on building the facility there. And the lack of you know, expenses that they have to go to to have their massive facilities be created. You know what I mean, it's a different world, man. It's it's very very strange. It's not the very simple cost benefit analysis kind of stuff that it used to be, is all I'm trying to say. But anyway, looking at it, yeah, go ahead. Well, it turns out that we're over time here, and I got to get to Aaron Franz uh and I didn't realize it until just now. I'm sitting here talking about prisons and for profit industries and forgetting that, I got to get to the clock. So it's actually time for the age of Transitions. If everybody's ready, Danny, I thank you for calling in. Jimmy, thank you for calling in. I'm sorry I ended up talking over the last little bit there and not giving you the final word. But I got WEENI dogs going crazy and all that, so I'm gonna let you go. Danny and uh, you know, guys, I'm merely O'Kelly. All of you are indeed the effect. But b Pete, I'm gonna give you the final word for the night.
Speaker 4: If you don't mind, all right, I'll tell everybody go to a Chelli dot com, get the donate button do which you can every little bit help support your local food Bank. Thank you, Danny, thank you to Jimmy for calling in making it a good night, and we will see you next week.
Speaker 1: As positively, and I'll tell you something else. It is really really great to hear from all of you guys here on a Friday night, and again happy, happy to be here. It is has been a little bit tough lately, lost food, lost a lot of things here, so anything you chip in will definitely go to my well being and being able to continue to survive as we go forward. And let's also pray I don't have any more interruptions from the gods that govern the power and the internet here and we stay connected, all right. So anyway, with that being said, for my co host Bpete, for all the callers, for all of you listening, thank you for joining us. The Age of Transitions with Aaron Franz is up next, followed by Uncle the broadcast at eleven pm Eastern here on o'celli dot com Radio. But first, like I said, the Age of Transitions with Aaron Franz next,