Speaker 1: Hey, it's Sandy. And before we get to today's show, just going to let you know that the JB and Sandy Hour is now from seven until eight o'clock Monday through Friday. That's seven until eight o'clock Monday through Friday. And don't forget you can use your smart speaker to listen. We've made it easier. All you have to do is say play one oh three to one Austin. My name is Sandy. This is my wife. Her name's Tricia. My friends, shout out to all of you first part of the show listeners, we love you guys. You're our favorites. Don't tell the later listeners there reals incident.
Speaker 2: And don't discuss this with the later listeners, right like, don't you know, don't even try and bring it up.
Speaker 1: Like if you have a coworker and you're an early listener and you know they're a late listener, don't go up to a pit Trician. Sandy said, we're there their favorite.
Speaker 3: You don't say that, I mean, don't even bring it up.
Speaker 2: Just that's just because we don't tell the later listeners that they're a favorite.
Speaker 3: No, now, no, so just don't talk about it.
Speaker 1: We reserve that for you people that are here right at the very beginning of the show, and we'd love to hear from you, So shoot us a text. Seven three seven threes are a one ninety six hundred. That's seven three seven threes or a one ninety six hundred. You can find us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official Facebook is at The Sandy Show Radio and the Last Housekeeping Issue. Grab the Sandy Show podcast where you get your podcast just search the Sandy Shows available every single day. Trisa's gonna share with us the first thing that made her laugh today. Maybe it'll make you laugh too.
Speaker 2: Maybe the doctor Pepper is addicted to me? Did y'all even consider that? Maybe it's not just me being addicted to it.
Speaker 1: One of the great things about our fitness journey over the last four or five months has been when you get to enjoy a doctor Pepper because you've had one for a month, Like I have maybe one a month, and I truly enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yes, And I don't feel bad about it at all when I drink him. Before, when I was drinking I'm kind of on the regular. Every time I got one, I'd be like, I shouldn't drink this, and now I'm drinking it all.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe how long your grape soda lasted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know I saved it because that was my thing.
Speaker 2: Is I just at night, when we're finishing dinner and I'm shutting it down, I just need to have a little sweet taste of something, and I would go and I would just take one or two swigs of my grape soda.
Speaker 3: That was it, and that was it.
Speaker 2: That's all I needed last forever. I think there might even still be some in there, but it's probably off flat by now.
Speaker 1: To take you back to your childhood on the ranch.
Speaker 2: Yet, riding horses with my grandfather from our ranch to the Creedmore store, the little country store that was about a mile and a half away, and we literally would tire horses up out front and go in and get a grape sodah and joiner.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there's any kids that still get to do stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I know, I know it's not in that area. Where my grandparents' ranch was was kind of the middle of nowhere. It's all grown up now. I feel like it's a lot more dangerous to do that. But the creed Moore store is still there. Did you know that we have a fifteen year old daughter. Did you know her little friend, Janeye is a rodeo girl ERL racer, so Theeril racer, And she showed me pictures. Wow, yeah, that's cool, she does it. I told her, I said, the first thing I need to know is what is the name of that work. He's beautiful, he is gorgeous. We gotta go watch her.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I we'd love to.
Speaker 1: It'd be a lot of fun. Hey, coming up on the show today, of course, Tricia has the story we love. Also, Tricia's a little treat for you. Your favorite person, Nate Bergatzi. We've got a clip from him for you, which is always.
Speaker 3: Funny, always makes me happy.
Speaker 1: So stay with us. We've got more coming up. We've got a chance for you to win a thousand dollars. It's coming up at nine o'clock on Austin's eighties station one o three point one. Hey, it's sandy. You know. February means a lot of things for a lot of people. February means Valentine's Day, which is a time to think about your favorite people and why you might not think of romance. When you think about your roof. When I think of people I really like, I think of Scott and Stacy Feller. Scott and Stacy's team at Kangaroof. They're great. They take care of all my roof he needs. They've done it for years. They're a professional and courteous, and they show up on time and communicate clearly. You can count on them to stand behind their work and to always have your best interest in mind. In fact, Kangaroof has been doing all of this, providing peace of mind and taking care of Central Texas families for more than two decades. And you know these days there are a lot of roofing companies, but there's only one kangar Roof. If you can't tell I really appreciate them, I bet you'll really like them too. So give them a call and you two might start thinking differently about your roof. Find them online at call kangaroof dot com. Tristan's got the story we love in just a moment you have You're Buffy the Vampire Slayer update, which I know you started your day just dying to know what in the world that.
Speaker 2: Was right or yeah, people were like had no idea'd get a Buffy update today.
Speaker 1: That's coming up in just a sec. Tricia, do you know who Christiano Ronaldo is?
Speaker 3: I do, soccer player, very good.
Speaker 1: One of the highest paid soccer players ever. Celebrates his fortieth birthday today.
Speaker 3: Really, he's really cute, Sandy.
Speaker 1: One hundred and thirty two million dollars.
Speaker 3: He's really rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah he I mean, I'm really solid with my masculine the unity. But that's a handsome man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It is a good looking business stories we love.
Speaker 2: So a Buffy the Vampire Slayer sequel series is close to happening, and Sarah Michelle Geller will be attached to it.
Speaker 1: She's working again. She's in Dexter Original Sin.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, all right, Oh that's writer, remember telling me that I like her.
Speaker 3: I didn't ever watch Buffy back in the day.
Speaker 2: It was on from ninety seven to two thousand and three, but the people who did loved it, And then it also got its own spinoff series, Angel, which I heard that was really good too. But apparently Hulu is about to place a pilot order for it. According to sources, it's going to focus on a new Slayer, but Sarah Michelle Geller will have a recurring role, and there's no word on what the news show will be called, or if there's any of the other actors original actors that will return to it. Josh Whedon, Josh Sweden will not be a directing it. But here's something I didn't know, Sandy. Here's a little fun fact. Did you know that Dolly Parton is involved with Buffy the Vampire Slayer? She always has been.
Speaker 1: Doesn't surprise me. She seems to be involved with everything true.
Speaker 2: She She's a producer through her production company sand Dollar and Dolly recently commented on the revival possibly happening.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, Dolly's everywhere.
Speaker 2: Who would have ever thought Dolly Parton will have anything to do with Buffy the Vampires?
Speaker 1: Right? I mean, just being Dolly should be enough, right, you know what I mean? Like Mark, You're just Dolly Parton.
Speaker 2: But you know, our fifteen year old daughter and I constantly are looking for series to watch together, and we recently finished The Rocky. We're all caught up to the Rookie and I've been for some reason, just going through all the options that we have, Buffy stood out to me a couple of times.
Speaker 3: I might suggest that this is when we start.
Speaker 1: Do you think she'll like that?
Speaker 3: I think so. She likes kind of detectivey.
Speaker 2: Maybe she freaking loves Twilight, so she's fine with vampiress.
Speaker 1: All right, with the vampire all right. Well, it's always important to know what you guys said along. It's a big deal in our house. When these two are ready at night to watch TV, it's a whole Are you ready to start? Are you ready? I need five minutes? I needed blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: We got a planet.
Speaker 2: And if you notice that we were watching The Ricky right now, have you noticed our cop language?
Speaker 1: Yes, I have.
Speaker 2: We go to bed at night, we'll tell each other code for because that means everything's all good.
Speaker 3: We're fine.
Speaker 1: Shout out to all of our law enforcements out there doing the lord's work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they appreciate you.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen the new Netflix special of Nate Bergazi, you need to do yourself a favorite. Watch it.
Speaker 3: Nate Bergazi funny, hilarious.
Speaker 1: Very funny. It's Tricia's favorite comedian, and I'm trying to get in good favor with Tricia. Yeah, so I've got a clip from him, Tricia laughing.
Speaker 2: Good for Sandy, Happy, wife, happy life, boy, It's.
Speaker 1: True, it's true. Right, no one can sour a room faster than an unhappy wife.
Speaker 3: That you're going to say, faster than me?
Speaker 1: Oh you, well, that's you in my life, boy, you can sour our room when you're not happy.
Speaker 2: Oh and it's not that I do anything, It's just that it's just the vibe that I give off.
Speaker 1: The only person that could top you and souring a room is my was my aunt Gail. Oh really, oh man, if she if you made her mad, she'd swell up like a toad, and just everybody was on edge really with her rip to the gale the Oma. Yeah, right, here you go. Here's Nate Bergazi on where he lives and forgetting a very important day and daily life.
Speaker 4: So in our neighborhood, we live in a cool desac, which is very exciting because I grew up on a straight street and I always dreamed of living in a cool decac. You see them and you're like, can you imagine being up in one of those? We do all the cool desac stuff, you know, like if anybody comes down there, we're like, what do you do? Just any car like you better get out of our cal sack. We take a trash out one of the days. I don't know the day, but it's a day we're doing it. There is one day I know we forgot to take it out. A couple of weeks ago. That stress could break up a family. All week was like everybody, eat out of your hands. We had friends over, like put your trash in your pocket, sticking your home.
Speaker 1: Only Napor gods, he can make taking the trash out funny.
Speaker 2: He's hilarious. But you know, you and I lived on a cul de sac for a long time. We were just like that. We knew everybody in the street and there would be a little you see that car that just rode by like texting or look at stopping and looking to see what's going on.
Speaker 1: Going out. You'd see him drive by and I'd run out.
Speaker 3: In the driveway staying at the end.
Speaker 1: What are you doing here? You go back to your own neighborhood. Yeah, but get the trash out there. That is bad when you forget.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's smelly.
Speaker 1: It's quite a production around our house too, the trash, just getting it out there. I put something I have freezer trash, you know, stuff that if you put it in the trash. It would stink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's too long before the next trash today and you go ahead and put it in the trash, can't It's going to get gross.
Speaker 1: So I tempted it a little bit because I put it in this morning. Yeah, and it goes out tonight. Yeah, solid frozen should be okay.
Speaker 2: I think you're fine. I think you're pushing it if you put it in too much for that.
Speaker 1: But I did want to forget that was the thing. Yeah, I just don't want to forget it was there. It's trash talk on the Sandy Show. It's very thanks for being with us today. If you've got a comment about trash talk, you can text us at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. Don't go anywhere. We got more coming up, Carrot, don't care. In just a moment, you know, I was thinking about this Trisha we've made Sonya the og air Goonger.
Speaker 3: Yeahh is the number one spot I know, but I.
Speaker 1: Feel like we got to put Chip in there. Who created the jingle?
Speaker 2: Right, what would it He created the jingle which has brought all of this on.
Speaker 1: He's the grand puba.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a number. He gets a title title.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Chip's one of our co workers who's a brilliant man, always helpful. In fact, he helped me. I lost my access card, so I told him I've got digital Now it's a digital wallet. You're like a digital key. Yeah, use your phone instead of scanning your card. You just can use your phone.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Oh that's never.
Speaker 1: So shout out the chip. Here we go, get your air gone. Ready, Good job.
Speaker 3: Friends, A good one.
Speaker 1: We're in unison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, louder and louder each time like that. Here we go, Sandy, do you care? Don't care?
Speaker 2: To find out what percentage of people said they would tell a.
Speaker 3: Close friend that they got b oh, oh, I got the stink.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sixty seven percent said that they would tell a friend, look, you're stinky.
Speaker 1: You got the funk?
Speaker 3: It got the funk. Yeah, I'm not going to tell you. Who's going to tell you?
Speaker 1: Sometimes I debate, Well, it's not like I have to do it very often, but they probably already know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they do.
Speaker 2: I think it's a little bit of the monkey house effect, because if you know, why do you not do anything about it?
Speaker 1: I worked with someone many, many, many years ago that we had to file a deal with HR because the studio stunk so bad. Ah, I'm like kid, And it wasn't just a one off thing. It was a consistent. Yeah. And she just smelled. Ugh.
Speaker 3: Just put some deodorant on.
Speaker 1: Fide, friends, it feels good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does feel good.
Speaker 2: Fifty six percent of those people said they'd tell somebody they had bad breath.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's bad one. Yeah. I don't want that either.
Speaker 3: Don't want either one of those, all right, Sandy.
Speaker 1: I normally smell pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The other day though, I came in in your and I go, you just shower, and you're like, yeah, I had the funk.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was bad.
Speaker 2: I was sitting there just it's bad when you your own.
Speaker 3: Self smell it. Yeah, it's very pig past.
Speaker 1: It's uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uncomfortable. Do you care or don't care? Oh, my lord?
Speaker 2: To find out how much that box, which was actually a castle that Jaden Smith wore on his head to the Grammys Wearable Art, how much it cost?
Speaker 1: Hard? Don't care?
Speaker 3: Really, you don't want to be outraged with me?
Speaker 1: And how stupid, so stupid and dumb. No, I don't want to give them any more.
Speaker 3: Attention than they And you don't want to know that you could buy.
Speaker 1: One for your so many times? Do I have to say hard? Don't care?
Speaker 3: All right? I feel like our listeners are feeling a little cheated right now.
Speaker 1: They got the Google machine. Tricia have a Google machine.
Speaker 2: I'm Sandy. Do you care or don't care? This is a story about my friend Jelly Roll, who I love. He and his wife Bunny, they got a new donkey. Do you want to know why they had to get a new donkey? There was some donkey drama going on at their farm in Tennessee.
Speaker 3: No, he did not eat one. Do you care? Yeah, all right, So they have a donkey named Donkey. You know, they have this ranch.
Speaker 2: They're filling it up with pigs, mini cows, all kinds of animals. Donkey, the donkey sad withdrew out in the pasture by itself, didn't really connect with anybody. So they got a brand new donkey named Nova for their current donkey Donkey, and he instantly fell in love with her. And now they're friends and they walk around the property and he's as happy as he can do.
Speaker 1: So they're a couple now.
Speaker 2: No, they're friends. They're not a couple, but donkeys they bond. They're like they bond in pears. Yeah, and he was just so lonely. He was sad and instantly Nova the new donkey made him happy.
Speaker 1: That was wise of them to get to him a friend.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I just think that's sweet.
Speaker 1: But if he's anything like humans, he'll be putting the moves on him before.
Speaker 3: The boys can't be friends my.
Speaker 1: World, No, it's very difficult.
Speaker 3: Not a world. Wait a minute, huh. And you're saying not your world.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying in my world, in my past, it's been very difficult to just be friends with a girl, very hard. You're judging me.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm not judging you. I understand, I get it. I'm just like in the past, though, is what you're saying. Yeah, okay, friends that are girls still. I'm just asking that's okay, Yes I did, that's care, don't care? Coming up phrases that annoy everybody. Everybody, Stay with us, it's coming up. Ever, getting ready to start with the Jam and Sandy Hour. It starts at seven o'clock. We'd love to hear from you, guys. Send us a text at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. Hi, today is going to be seventy nine.
Speaker 1: The Jamie and Sandy Hour now every day, Monday through Friday from seven until eight o'clock. If you missed it yesterday, here's something you missed about. Three years ago. Tricia gave me a gift that just keeps on giving. It started out, I think as a joke gift, but it's something I've taken very seriously. It's become an important part of my life. It's called the Diary of Perpetual Disappointments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it totally was a joke.
Speaker 2: It is the complete opposite of an inspirational journal, like where you write things down to remember you know, things.
Speaker 3: That are good and make you happy.
Speaker 2: This is a journal where Sandy can record all of his disappointments, all of his dislikes, things he should not have done, things he's bad at.
Speaker 3: People he hates.
Speaker 2: He records them so he can remember to be angry about these things.
Speaker 3: And it was a joke that he took it and ran with it.
Speaker 1: It's so healthy, isn't it. Would you like to know some of my previous entries. I'll just give you a few here. Some of my past entries are people I know I will never speak to again, things I know will be a failure, grudges I will always keep, things I will never organize. People I used to like but now I dislike them. Best guess when I'll die.
Speaker 3: Games you're bad at games, I must.
Speaker 1: Yep, games I'm bad at, and annoying conversations I have overheard.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be a nice little keepsake for your daughter.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure, Yeah, absolutely, she'll love having that. This is me how I remember my dad his diary of perpetual disappointments. But my latest entry is parts of my body that will never regain their form. Yeah. Like I was, I got out of the shower yesterday and I was in front of the mirror with my shirt off, and I was like, yeah, that chest is never going to look like it used to move. Yeah, I'm never going to be that guy that you see on Instagram that's got this great, you know, jacked up physique. And it's just the parts that are never going to be great again, you know what I mean. Like the glory days are are way behind me, so why even try just give up?
Speaker 3: You just get a red ball caps make my body great again, or maybe lift some weights every once in a while.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how you think it's gonna happen if you just are thinking about it being great again, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think if I lifted all the weights Tricia, that it's gonna think.
Speaker 3: I think it's worth a try to try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, you get to a certain age and you're like, this is it. That's what I got, this is what I'm working with, this is what I'm going to have. Might as well at least try to take care of it a little bit. This is early rast. JB. What part of his body hurts? Now we're talking about mine, which was never going to be the same. Sad, isn't it. That's my entry in my diary of perpetual disappointments. I highly recommend each of you start one yourself. It's fun to look back on not interested.
Speaker 3: I mean, what positivity? Who needs that?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 4: My first entry would be not having the discipline to do a diary.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. We'll see on the radio every morning from six until ten on Austin's eighties station one O three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio app.