Speaker 1: Hey, before we get started, be sure to head over to ham Radio two dot com forward slash email dash sign up to join my email list of over nineteen thousand subscribers, where I like to send emails about upcoming events, upcoming shopping deals, keep you updated with all the stuff going on with my videos. Once that list reaches twenty thousand, I will be doing a giveaway of another HF radio sign up today and thank you for the support.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm here with Ryan at Armelock Huntsville Hamfest twenty twenty four and we're gonna tell us So this guy was at the Houston Hamfest in Texas last When was that March? Yeah, Yeah, Houston Hamfvest, Yeah, Rosenberg Hanfest and March. So saw the stuff there for the first time, although I've had some for a lot longer that.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna walk through these today. Thanks for the time.
Speaker 3: Sure, no problems. So for any of those that haven't seen the product before, we design, manufacture, and sell protective cages for your radios. And we grab a small on the outs here to show for the camera. Sure, this is the basis of the product, is protective protective rails for your radios. Not just the rails on the side, but it also goes across the top and across the bottom. It stands past the front to protect your knobs, but we don't break just knobs off. We also like to waller out our connectors on the back and pinch our coacts. So if you take this radio and set it down on your console and your floor, if you didn't have the cage, you would be damaging your product or your connectors. The original intent of the product was down inside of backpack. Now you go down inside of backpack and only show the newer one. We'll just jump ahead a little bit, the seven o five down inside your backpack. You've got an air gap around the radio, so it helps keep it cool because your electronics don't like heat. But you also if you'd relocate your RF connectors and now you don't have to take your radio out to do your activation, just screw your coacts to it and off the races. Some guys in these smaller radios like to run little whip antennas and in place of their hand top and say for the for example, like the eight seventeen of the eight to eighteen as the connector on the face plate well, I can tell you from experience that if you run that in your in your backpack and you hit a couple of tree limbs with your antenna, you're gonna start to damage. That faceplate in your radio is not gonna be very happy. You can relocate that onto the cage and you if you solve that problem. But with the seven oh five, with our package for this, if for the guy not carrying in his backpack, it just folds right over with our battery pack and now you can prop it up and you can actually see the screen. You don't have to prop it up with a bag of chips.
Speaker 2: Or whatever.
Speaker 3: You have smartphone yeah, yeah, your smartphone, yeah, or have to continually bend be bending over because the sunlight is washing out your screen.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: This is a really cool setup. This is one of my favorite ones right here. But something that interests us that was surprising to us is the larger rent frame radios. We make him for the nine nine and the seventy three hundred, and this is one of my favorite. But what we found with from our customers is that if you ruggedize your radio, you're more likely to get out and be active because you point you're more confident that you're not going to break your stuff. So the larger frame radios are one hundred and ninety five dollars, which is a lot of money, and we can appreciate that. But what's a broken multifunction knob on your radio work to you on an activation? Anything else?
Speaker 2: We do?
Speaker 3: We relo what I'm talking about, relocating your peripherals, not just your RF mount, but all of them. This is just showcasing the different ones. You can do the USB, your digital input, or your key or external speaker, and those will fit on any of the radios. The notches on the cages are all meant for the M lock T nut type screws.
Speaker 1: Now you had mentioned about switching from B and C to TNC.
Speaker 3: We did. We switched to T and C and we'll check this off and I'll explain why. It's a more robust, it's more rugged of a connector, it's a little more water resistant, and being in the field, being camping, we thought that was an overall good choice. We're not trying to force people to go to TNC, and we're very well aware that it's not very common. So when you relocate with our package, we include a TNC to B and C adapter. Okay, that's obviously much more common, but we like to recommend to people, especially on the smaller ones, and if you're running in a man pack to get your antenna, get it with a TNC on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, man, Well, hey, I'm really glad, really glad that you guys are starting to come to these shows.
Speaker 1: This is the third show up. So you guys were at Dayton, No, we were not, no United Dale. Were you at Belton? You were at Belton?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Belton and Houston, both in Texas. Okay, so yeah, that's where they were before.
Speaker 1: But great to have you here. Hope you have a good show. Thanks for your time today.
Speaker 3: Thanks sure, man,