Speaker 1: Thanks searching in to another episode of Gang That Drank, a supernatural drinking game podcast. Want to skip those ads and get early access, become a member at true story dot fm, slash join and discover all the other great parts that come with it. Hello and welcome to Gang By a Supernatural Drinking Game Podcast. It's the podcast where we watch a favorite episode of our favorite show Supernatural, we make up drinking game rules, we play along with those rules while we recap the episodes for you, and then we tell you how the rules played out, and we tell you what's coming up next. Yeah, that's the whole song and dance.
Speaker 2: That's what we do.
Speaker 1: But who are we?
Speaker 2: Who are we? Who's always the question?
Speaker 1: Who's that?
Speaker 2: This is named Kord, a performer and teacher at the Neighborhood Comedy Theater in downtown Mesa, Arizona. And who just did our wonderful intro?
Speaker 1: Oh? I'm Christy Lenz, one of the directors and performer at the Neighborhood Comedy Theater in downtown Mace, Arizona. Happy to be here rocking and or rolling with you tonight to talk about a very special episode of our favorite show, Supernatural.
Speaker 2: Heck yeah, it is. It's a I love this show. I just love it. I just fell asleep watching it last night just because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to keep going as I as I watched this one to take my notes to deliver this episode to you all, but I didn't. But I will because the next episode is a great episode.
Speaker 2: Yes it is, and it is actually it inspired what my next pick is going to be?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, it is not.
Speaker 2: The girl with the dragon and dragon the Joners and dragon tattoo. It is not that, but it is a spoiler for the end of the episode. It is going to be a Charlie episode next.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love a Charlie episode, Yes we do.
Speaker 2: But what episode are we doing tonight? Today?
Speaker 1: Okay, tonight, today.
Speaker 2: Morning, whenever you're listening.
Speaker 1: We are doing season seven, episode nineteen, of Grave Importance. It aired on April twentieth, twenty twelve. It was written by Brad Buckner and Eugene Ross Lemming and directed by Tim Andrew. Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: That's that. That's that stuff aired on four twenty.
Speaker 1: It did air on four to twenty, Yes, and everyone got high and realized what a good episode this is.
Speaker 2: And we were only a few weeks away from the end of the world.
Speaker 1: Yep, thank god that it ended when it did.
Speaker 2: Yep, No, man, that was what a time to be alive. When that was like, ah, silly things, and now it's like every day is like, oh no, it could really.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the diary entry for this year. Every day is like, oh no, every day.
Speaker 2: Is living like that guy thought made twelve twenty twelve was going to be or whatever it was. What are the rules of this episode.
Speaker 1: Chrissy, Well, the rules of this episode are as follows. Rule number one, smooch City just to keep it going. It only happens once, but I just couldn't bear to not have smooch City. One of our rules. Got to keep it in there. Next if a ghost appears, now this is going to be up to your discretion. I'm thinking like they appear in that like sketchy, like not not just like, oh look there's a ghost, because there's a ghost in every scene.
Speaker 2: And everything scene. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's when they sketually appear.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. Take a drink every time someone dies. What's the classic rule? Take a drink anytime someone describes being foxhold with Annie, talk about swoot City.
Speaker 2: And Abby was reading through the rules and she's like, does this say fox Holes? And I was like, my pen must have been giving out because there's just a bunch of like strokes missing off of it. And I'm like, I think so. I was like, I don't know. My handwriting sucks. I can't read it. And then yeah, we got an episode. We're like, ah, there it is. It is foxholes.
Speaker 1: Yep, there it is. Take a drink anytime Bobby says balls, take a drink, any time he says his other catchphrase it gits in there. Yep, take a drink, Take a take a drink for a ghost BM scene when the ghosts have boy mellow drama, Take a drink ghost BM scene, take a shot or finish your drink or double drink or whatever multiplier you like to use when there is a swazy reference. And then finally, take a drink whenever a ghost gets ganked.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it, And it was a fun, fun little game. I can't wait to go over it. At the end. All right, then.
Speaker 1: It's mostly Bobby highlights, reminding us of how much we love Bobby and how much he's there for the boys, and how much he is a huge part of the show. Then, of course Bobby dies. Then we have Garth, who in the previous episode is concerned about Bobby haunting the boys. We see all of the evidence which we're being shook, been being shown constantly of why Bobby is haunting them, and we end with the boys being like, we would know. We it's just wishful thinking. We would know if it was Bobby. We would know. Now the boys are eating tacos on the hood, and I love that. Dean is like one thing I know for sure, no matter where we go, every time we eat at this taco place which is called like Taco's MACHOs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's definitely meant to be Taco Bell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, it was like called like Taco Macho tacomachos. He's like, everywhere we go in this wonderful country, the tacos always taste the same. And I'm like, Okay, at least you take pleasure in that, Dean and don't like feel frustrated by it.
Speaker 2: There is there's something to be said about that, though, especially for people who travel a lot and travel the country a lot, there is something to be said. Is there anything like that for you Chrissy that you're like if you're out of town, you're in a strange place, you're wherever, and you're just like, Okay, I don't want to look up where to go. I don't want to look like I just need something quick, fast, easy. I know, I know if I go to this place, I'm gonna I know what I can expect. Is there a place like that for you?
Speaker 1: I would say, although it's not ever my first choice, you can always count on Chipotle mm hmmmm. And someone I travel with frequently are our friend Amy. It's one of her favorite places to eat. So when we were visiting Chicago together a couple of years ago, we ate at Chipotle twice.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yeah, I mean, hey, it's it's solid, It's I I will not besmirched Chipotle, im So, I mean, I I think there's like a numerous places like that for me, but the one, I don't know if I like bringing it up necessarily. But like my parents, we drove, we did a lot of road trips as kids growing up. My parents drove us all around this awesome country up into forty seven states.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, and.
Speaker 2: The one like the one place again, like where you can take a family of four or five depending on when it was on the cheap, And I'm sure it's still probably been pretty inexpensive today compared to most restaurants. That is going to look the same everywhere you go, but it's also going to be like it's always gonna have a place to like, you know, for kids to do stuff and adults. Like is the cracker barrel?
Speaker 1: Oh, the cracker barrel?
Speaker 2: Sure, cracker barrel? Is you have the store that obviously, like you know, we can you can always peruse or send the kids to run off in while, you know, bow off a little energy, blow off a little steam. They got they got the table games as well. But like every single one looks the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you'll get a reversed I love you ever been to a reversed cracker barrel?
Speaker 1: What's a reverse cracker?
Speaker 2: Or the store where the store is on the other side where you walk the dining room, you know how, Like I mean everyone I can think of most of them, especially in Arizona or at least in town here, Like you walk in and it's store and then dining room on the left. Yeah, no, there are some. I've been in this country, there are some that are reversed.
Speaker 1: No, that seems wrong.
Speaker 2: It is the trippiest thing. You're like, No, this is not how the dimension if I entered, So I do I empathize with the Dean's and and like, there's obviously plenty of fast food around the country that is all kind of falls into this category too, And obviously that's what he's talking about. But I do think there is something to be said for having some sort of where chain restaurants have their place in our lives.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love local. I try to eat as local as I can most every day, you know, Like, but like there is a place for chains in our lives, and it is when I'm traveling, I know this is gonna taste this way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to expect. Yeah. When I visited our daughter Zoe and Traverse City, one of our first stops was to go to the Olive Garden.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was like, Mom, can we go to the olive Garden? And I was like, sure, they had a cracker barrel too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we went there.
Speaker 2: Does she go to the olive Garden here a lot? Is that like one of our places to request to go?
Speaker 1: It's one of my mom's places to request to go.
Speaker 2: So there is a little nostalgia there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. Yes, So okay, all right, we're barely all right.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, I just I wanted to I'm glad that you pointed that line out, because I really that line did hit home with me. I was like, I feel that, I feel someone has driven around the country a bunch, Like I definitely feel that. Like you know, these always taste the same no matter where we go.
Speaker 1: You can count on you.
Speaker 2: Can count on it. So I wanted to highlight it and highlight it. We've done.
Speaker 1: Chrissy next, all right, uh Annie calls she heard about Bobby and she's like, I have some of his old books. Do you want them? And the boys are of course like yes, and she's like, great, then let's meet up. Let's have lunch tomorrow at some seaside bistro which they all seemed to know. At one o'clock. Okay, it's a plan, it's a date, it's a scam, it's whatever. The kids. Then we cut to two kids making out in an abandoned house Smooch City. Take a drink for going to Smooth City. Someone pulls up. Is it the cops? Oh? We got to hide. But it's not the cops, it's Annie. A ghost appears, take a drink because he sketches in and he says, you shouldn't have come here, and he barrels at them. Annie finds the kid's bodies. Take a drink because we have two dead kids, which I thought was pretty harsh because they're just young teens.
Speaker 2: Yeah they got him, they got him, Yeah, he got him.
Speaker 1: And then she sees the ghost you shouldn't have come here down the hall and we get the title cards Splash supernatural. It's our Leviathan season, so it's splashy, splash all over the place. At this cute little seaside bistro, Sam and Dean are waiting and he Dean says, Dick room and is fun another archaeological dig. Oh, Dick Roman is up to something, and as always, it's no good. I can't remember what he's digging for. Do you remember some sort of Leviathan artifact?
Speaker 2: I thought, oh wait, yeah, is it like the demon tablet? Is it?
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. Order well, I know they said that he's like setting up all these factories and stuff to like process people. But because I was hope they had said earlier or is that whenever they say is that when they say the episode There some point in this episode they say like he's building these factories to process, you know, like slaughterhouses essentially.
Speaker 1: M m uh.
Speaker 2: Bobby is the one. He's like, oh yeah, I checked it out. Slaughterhouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's gross.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Annie is late and they're like, it's not like her to be late. But I also don't believe the boys have ever eaten in this cute little sea side b stro with like actual menus. There's no way they have their little Hunter's meetings here.
Speaker 2: No, No, maybe they heard about it yelp something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, uh, Sammy is like, you know, she and Bobby had a thing, and Dean's like, wait, she and Bobby had a thing. She and I had a thing. It was like a Foxhole thing and Dean and Dean is like, well, we Hemmingway too, and Sammy's like, well I did too, and I didn't have a soul. And so they've all had a Foxhol thing with with our Annie. So take a drink three times for everyone who had a Hemingway Foxhoul situation with Annie. So the boys are like, are we being stood up and they're like, let's hope that's all this is. Uh, And we get a tight shot on Bobby's flask, which Dean still carries around with him everywhere.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Now they're trying to find Annie. Uh. Sammy is like put that flask away, Dean, and Dean's like, no, not yet, I'm not ready yet. So they go check her hotel room. And I really wonder like did they ever get their security deposits back? Because they had stick tack and like yarn and they like just fill the walls with holes.
Speaker 2: Do you think I mean, do you think they're staying in places that are gonna notice?
Speaker 1: Well, this place was like a cute little seaside. It wasn't like the dark, dank, plaid walls that we usually get for them. It was like seashells and it was very open and full of light.
Speaker 2: We never use any of their their IDs, and O their money's fake too, so like once once it was like oh, yeah, we just hack all our money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then it didn't matter. They'll pay that twenty five dollars deposit. They're not going to be using like reusable money.
Speaker 2: Seasons ago, I think they like basically were like Okay, we got to stop spending time on how the boys afford Dollar's gonna come up with some sort of thing. It's like, yep, they haven't limited money and limited money and resources.
Speaker 1: Well, they're about to meet her, all right. So they go to check her hotel room, and Bobby's in the backseat. At her hotel, she was looking into some disappearances and the van Ness Home, which is now being listed at one of the one hundred most Haunted Places, and Dean's like, let me guess all the disappearances started after it was put on that list. And they're like, yeah, Bobby is sitting there trying to move curtains and such, and what I thought was a really lovely scene because Bobby's like, will you look in the right place at the right time. I just made that curtain shimmy, and the boys are just like ignoring him, talking about their own thing. That must have been a challenging scene to shoot.
Speaker 2: I I was thinking, like, this is some of Jim Beaver's best, right is this episode? I mean, there's so many moments in necessarily does it, and he always does a really great job and anything he's in, But like this right here, I just yeah, this episode. The scenes is some of the scenes he's got to do in this episode. I really really love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great Beaver episode. Yeah wow, is put this in the Beaver Hall of Fame, And yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a Bobby episode. This is a Bobby episode, all right.
Speaker 1: So the boys go to the van Ness House with Bobby and there's ghosts all over the place. He sees them all over the place. They're all from different times in different eras. They're wearing different clothes, and Bobby sees them, but they won't look at him or talk to him. The boys walk through the house. The AMF is blaring. It's redlining all over the place, and they call Annie and they find her phone. It rings and they follow the source and they find her phone. Meanwhile, Annie sees Bobby and uh oh, he's a door nail, so if you can see him, you are too. Annie is bummed she never saw a reaper, but Bobby tells her that he dodged his and she's like, you shouldn't have done that, Like we gotta go on after whatever this is, and he's like, well, I just thought it could still help, and she's like, is there a fun aspect to all of this and I love that question. And she's like, no, not as so far that I can't crack the code as to how to interact with the boys or move stuff or do anything as a ghost. So the boys can't have they can't find anything in the house, but they find a voicemail on Annie's phone asking for help free me, and it's from a number that's all just stars like asterixes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so normal. Normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so super normal, supernatural if you.
Speaker 2: Will, I believe that's what dean. Isn't that what Dean says too. When he's like that's that's normal.
Speaker 1: He says, you ever seen a phone number like that?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, yeah, there's a different thing. Oh it's something else, he says in this episode, he's like, oh, yeah, I forget what it is.
Speaker 1: It's are kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So a dapper man ghost comes in and moves a chair, but he's ignoring Bobby and Annie balls says, Bobby take a drink.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's when the it's when the camera slides.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he goes, Yep, that's totally normal.
Speaker 2: It's totally normal.
Speaker 1: Uh, And the dapper man goes just like, no, you all make the same mistakes, and we learn that he is Haskell the Ghost, and Bobby and Annie interrogate him as to how to move objects the way that he's doing, and he's like, you must calm yourself, and Bobby's like, you mean to tell me that in order to move objects, I need to get zen, and he makes a swayzy reference, So take a shot or w drinks or whatever modifier you like to use for the Swayzy reference. And meanwhile, a ghost screams and runs at them. So there's like a blood curdling scream, and the ghost runs at them and poofs away right at the last second, and Haskell says, that's what you're going to become. We all deteriorate at different rates, but that's what becomes of all of us. And they see ghosts in the corner that look like Victorian ghosts that have their faces all chewed up and grody, and he's like, we all deteriorate at different rates, but you can be sure that's what's waiting for ever, every single one of us. And it's like, oh, okay, gross, we'd never seen such a collection of ghosts in one house before, all just rotting away.
Speaker 2: But also like, we don't get to see this guy never comes back in this episode.
Speaker 1: No, he never comes back. He's just he's just inn exposition machine.
Speaker 2: Don't like it. I don't like it. That guy should have come back at some point. It felt unfinished.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what happened to Haskell? Justice for Hastal Good.
Speaker 2: Good Like dramatic scene there and everything with them. You'd think that maybe he would have like teamed up or whatever. Nope, that was his only scene.
Speaker 1: Yep, that was his only scene and he disappears after that. Uh. Sam and Dean can't find anything in this house. They look and look and look. They can't find any bodies. They can't find any blood, which I find hard to believe that the ghosts are like wiping up blood because everybody's been bleeding out of their mouth and eyes. Uh. And Victoria the ghost comes up to Bobby and Annie and says she knows what kind of work they did, and Annie's like, I'm still doing it. You got to help us, and Sam and Dean leave and zip zap zop. Bobby has to go too, because he's attached the flask that's in Dean's pocket, all right, So they go to a museum to get the history of the house, balls says, Bobby, take another drink. They learn that Whitman and the Big Guy lived in the house when it was a brothel and a lot of people died there. People dying left, right and sideways in this house. Um, and the old man who's telling them what's up, is like, the house is very popular this week. And they're like, what do you mean? And they're like, have you seen a redhead in our thirties? Did she come asking about it? And he's like, yes, and I'll tell you the same thing I told her. Stay away. The house is monstrously unsafe. But are they gonna listen? No, they're not gonna listen. At their hotel, it has a lovely seaside thing. And Bobby keeps trying to move change on the counter. He's trying to like move a quarter here and there in perfect swazy fashion. Uh. Dean is taking a shower as the boys talk to each other, and Bobby says into the steamy mirror, Okay, I can kill werewolves, fix a pinto, and make corn bread. I'll be damned if I can't get zen. And I thought that was one of the best lines I wrote it down. Meanwhile, back at the house, two nerds are making a video of going into the VanNess House to find the couple that was killed. They're like, our friends came in here and this was the lap final stop for their love, but we're gonna find them here at the van Ness house. And it's like, why are you videotapic it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was weird, I I guess, to be able to literally just get a video camera into the house, like yeah, oh the whole purpose of these guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like they're youtubing it or whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It was contrived device.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought so too. So back at the hotel room, Dean sees the message in the mirror and he trapped in house and he's like, Sammy, tell me you did this, and Sammy's like, nope, I didn't do it, and then he says who are you And in the mirror he writes Bobby. He suddenly got so good at it that he's never going to struggle again with having ghost powers.
Speaker 2: Got As he's now back.
Speaker 1: At the house, the door slams on the kids and the big guy runs at them, but the dapper mister Whitman kills the kids take a drink. They're both dead, and then he ghost kills the big guy, so take a drink. That's when we learned that Whitman is in fact the bad guy, and the big Guy was just trying to warn people to stay out of the house. Oh no, it's Whitman. He's the big bad for this episode. Annie sees the whole thing and she tries to get the video camera, and she learns that Whitman killed them all, So where are the bodies? And the ghosts are like, we don't follow him around, he can kill us all at any time. Victoria grabs the camera at Annie's urging, and Whitman comes to drag the kids away. Annie stays to spy. The boys come back. Bobby steals his flask out of Dean's pocket and hides it in a drawer so that he can stay at the house with Annie. This is the moment where the camera slides out to Dean. She just like yoinks it at him or hurls it or like eats it at him. Yeah, but she's like it's not enough. I need you to go tell him what's going on. So Victoria appears to them and they're like, it's Annie here, and she's like, yes, Whitman van Neess is killing us, but you can free us. And then she gets ganked take a drink. She gets ghost killed by Whitman van Ness as she's trying to tell the story of what's happening to them all, which is like, I felt like they played pretty loosey goosey with her character, but I liked all the time. So when she was like, I lived here, I was a fancy lady, and both Annie and Dian are like, you mean a hooker, and she's like, no, a fancy lady. And it's like, yeahh don't shame her. For God's sake, she was a fancy lady. Let her be a fancy lady. She's dead now anyway, both in the real world and the ghost world. But I find it hard to believe what we learned later is that Whitman the Ghost salted and burned her bones to get rid of her. I mean, she seems like a lot of work for a ghost.
Speaker 2: He's able to put his own cursed object into the boys' pocket, like he he's a pretty powerful ghost.
Speaker 1: It seems like he is a pretty powerful ghost. It's true. So they're like, Okay, we get it. We gotta go and salt and burn Whitman's bones. But Whitman is like mahaha, ha ha, and he slips a key into Sammy's pocket so that he can ride with them to the graveyard. And I think it's hilarious when we get the shot of him just sitting in the backseat and he looks at Bobby and he's like, bye bye, Nina Niner. Yeah, I'm in the car with the boys.
Speaker 2: T Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Bobby's like complaining that. He's like, oh, man, if I hadn't done that trick with the flask, I'd be with boys right now. And she's like, well, you can either keep pouting, Bobby Singer, or we can take this time that he's gone to figure out this nonsense. And she's He's like, fine, okay, let's figure it out. So they will do it your way. They go to Whitman's room and they find a fire burning with Victoria's bones inside, and they're like okay. And Bobby really quickly figures out to look for a secret passageway from when the place was a speakeasy, and he finds it right away, and what do you know, we see all of the bodies are inside. We did. We saw it in a previous scene. All the bodies are inside, including Annie, which this room must just be so stinky. How did they not find it based on the stink alone? If it has hundreds of years? Oh you think ghost can't smell? Yeah, well, well how did Sam and Deed not find it?
Speaker 2: I think there's probably a lot of smells in the house, and it's probably like I don't know deep, like how deep is that room into it? Like, I don't know, But yeah, you're right, that's got to be a pretty putrid smell coming out of there.
Speaker 1: There's got to be dozens of bodies in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's probably gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Annie says that they better get to work because she wants a hunter's funeral. Uh, And they have a little ghost BMC and take a drink. Sam and Din aer in the car. When the car starts to accelerate, Whitman's ghost appears and tries to drive them off the road. They pull over really quickly, find the key in Sam's pocket and blast it, sending Whitman back to the house. Bobby and Annie are going to use the fire in Whitman's rule room to put the souls that are trapped here to rest. But Whitman comes back as the boys are searching his mausoleum. Bump bump bump bum. Bobby and Annie hide from Woitmen and he catches them and he's like, did you enjoy the view from my room? And they're like, yeah, we went in your room. What's the big deal? So he starts to zap Bobby in that way where he reaches into his chest like we saw him do with the Big Guy before. But the boys get the jump on him and salt and burn his bones and he's like, no, I won't go, but zipity zapp at the zoo. He goes and Bobby is still laying on the floor. He comes to and Annie's like. He's like, Annie, how long was I out? And She's like awhile. So the boys come back to the house and Bobby says hi, and then all of a sudden they can see him and he says, suck on that swayze take a shot, And the boys are like finally talking to Bobby and they're like, what happened? Did you get stuck? And he's like no, I want to just stay. I wanted to help, but the boys don't want him to be a ghost. Here's a ghost BM scene. They're like, that's not the it's not the right way, it's not the natural order of things. You need to move on, Bobby. You can't stay behind just to help us. What's gonna happen to you, What's gonna happen to your consciousness? What's gonna happen to your soul? And he's like, well, let's talk about it later. Let's lay all these ghosts to rest. Fine. Afterward, Bobby's like, I'm gonna miss Annie and the boys are like us too, and he's like, you didn't know her like I did, and they all sort of roll their eyes. And finally Dean's like, what were you thinking? And Bobby's like, we still have work to do, and Dean says, but it's not right, and Bobby goes, you're right, what was I thinking? And in a hissy fit huff, he disappears. Do you think that was Bobby? Some of the ghostiness is starting to get to him, because that's like way more pissy and babyish than I think of Bobby as being.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think so a little bit. I Mean he gets a little petty sometimes, so maybe he's also but yeah, I think he's just getting to be at a grumpy ghost.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the boys have their own BM scene in the car Boy melodrama scene, and they're like, what do you think can we make this work? And Dean is like, it's not right. Everything is supposed to end. What are the odds that this ends well? And that's the end of of Grave Importance. Pop up a bun.
Speaker 2: I love this episode.
Speaker 1: I love this episode too. I think it's a really good episode. I thought the game was fun and I really enjoyed watching it the three times I watched it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd watched this one again. This is an enjoyable episode. It's not too scary, not too gross, has but has like good fun moment like you know, a little horror moments and stuff.
Speaker 1: And we've got great great stars Jamie Luner is, Annie Hawkins, Antonio Kopos Whit made van Ness, Alicia Routaro as Victoria Dodd, Derek Gilroy is Dexter O'Connell, Craig Erickson as Haskell Crane, and they're all great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, super very memorable episode. I mean you put it on and you're like, ah, yes, I know this one if you've already seen it, and if you haven't seen it, you're gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Yep, walked away. Okay, So how did our rules play out? Yes, smooth city, of course happens once. Yep, a ghost appears. How many times did you count? And I'm not gonna be mad if we have different counts on this, because there's it's so open to interpretation.
Speaker 2: Oh good, because Abby's the one who did all the counts. Okay, so we watched it together, but she's the only to have the notebook and the other accounts.
Speaker 1: Six okay, I got eight.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we're.
Speaker 1: Not too far off. We're not too far off. Yeah, someone dies five times five times is exactly right. Someone foxhold with Annie three times. Bobby says balls four times, four times, exactly we're nailing it. Bobby says, idgits two times, two times. That's exactly right. Uh, there's a ghost BM scene three times.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's what I got.
Speaker 1: Two swazee shots yep, and a ghost gets ganked three times?
Speaker 2: We have four?
Speaker 1: Oh really, okay, maybe I missed one. Oh you know what, I bet I didn't count Whitman van Ness.
Speaker 2: Yep, Lady by Dexter by Victoria by van Ness.
Speaker 1: Okay I missed VanNess. Good notes, Abby.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, She's some much better keeping notes than me. Mine's usually like scribbled in there and then I can't read it and I give up. But this was a fun game. I liked it a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so unseal the mystery. What's coming up next?
Speaker 2: Okay, coming up next? The episode after this that we just did is The Girl with the Dungeons and Dragons tattoo. Though that episode is amazing and I do love it and we will do it someday. I didn't want to go right after years and especially like we may do like a whole anyway. It's a really culmination of a lot of like Lebath and Dick Roman stuff in that episode. So but it is a classic. Again, we will do it someday. But I am actually skipping not just one but a couple up I think two Charlie episodes ahead, because we have done LARP in the Real Girl, which is the next one we have, yeah Charlie episode, So the one right after that, I would say is probably one of my might be my favorite Charlie episode honestly, Season eight, episode twenty pac man Fever.
Speaker 1: Pac man Fever. Yeah, I love it. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Uh, someone, here's our rules. This one's like, this one's a long all right. Someone asked Sam if he's okay or he has like a spell, he's sick. He's like looking rough, visibly rough because he's just gone through the second trial. Okay, So that's like a longer explanation of the rules. It's not like a name to put on that. Just like anytime he's like he's looking rough or someone's like, are you are you good? This one's gonna be a big one. Anytime there are gunshots okay, yep, your double drink, finish your drink, take a shot is for montage montage. Anytime someone says, dude, yeah, I love it. Yep. Anytime someone says I hate that thing and I want one.
Speaker 1: Hate that thing and I want one, Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: Anytime we get some blue eyes okay, anytime people are doing some research research, anytime Dean says kiddo.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And then normally we call them bm scenes, but in this episode we're gonna call them BroMans.
Speaker 1: Romans.
Speaker 2: Yes, So anytime we get a bromant, which when you watch this episode, you will understand why we call it that. Okay, that in this episode at least of our show.
Speaker 1: Okay, perfect.
Speaker 2: So yeah, let's like most of them aren't gonna hit a lot. One will hit a ton, and then yeah, that'll it's gonna be a fun game. I'm excited. I'm excited to talk about it with you. I really really, really, really really really love this episode. Yeah, and I'm yeah, I'm pumped, pumped.
Speaker 1: Excellent. Well, I can't wait to uh watch it and play the game and discuss it with you. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us, Thank you for listening, Thank you for being here all the way. At the end, there are a couple things you can do to support the podcast. If you're here at the end and you're like, you know what, these gank that drank kids are just doing their best and I want to support them, there's a couple things you can do. Nate. Where can they find us in the real world.
Speaker 3: In the real world, come find us at two one four West Main Street in Mesa, Arizona, or go to Nctphoenix dot com for tickets and details about shows at the Neighborhood Comedy Theater in Mesa, Arizona.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you aren't in the Mesa, Arizona area, or you feel like doing something a little bit easier like rate review, subscribe, thumbs up, star, any of that stuff, leave a review, any of that stuff that really helps us out with algorithms, with people finding us on their own. That's a free way that you can support us. That means the world to us.
Speaker 2: And it's much much cooler than traveling to Arizona at the moment, or at least this part of itself.
Speaker 1: It's physically cooler, and it's emotionally cooler. It's it's so hot right now, it's so hot.
Speaker 2: And tomorrow it's supposed to be the worst day, which will be in the past by the time people say to this, but like it's supposed to be the worst day that like when seventeen. Yeah, it's like it's like forecasted the worst. Oh, at least it's gonna so there. Then and then cloud started rolling in today and I'm like, oh, great, so it's gonna be miserable tomorrow and humid. Oh and then and then it's supposed to cool down to only like one oh five or eight or seven whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but tomorrow it's gonna be one seventeen suck with a low of ninety, a low of ninety.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing is like we're getting into though, Like so far the summer, it's been kind of still cooling down at night and it's been nice, but like we're getting into that time when it's not getting cool at night and the heat bakes into the concrete. And like, if you come to Phoenix in the summer, come in June, y'all. If you come middle of July or later, the heat's baked into the city and it is. It's physically oppressive every day.
Speaker 1: It is. It's hard to be here. Come in October, for God's sake, coming Octobber.
Speaker 2: That's one of our slowest months at the theater. Come in October. Come to a show in October.
Speaker 1: Because everyone's like, we're free, we can go back out again.
Speaker 2: Everyone goes back outside. But there's not enough snowbirds back yet, so like, yeah, the balance isn't right, and it's yeah, October is always one of our slowest months. And I'm like, so, yeah, if you're listening to this, it's probably perfect time for you to make a trip to Mesa in October. Make those plans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if you do have money to throw around and you want to support our podcasts that way, become a member. You get every episode a week early and with no ads, and you get some extra special bonus content that me and Nate record just for you. Today we're going to be talking about our favorite pop culture ghosts, favorite pop culture ghosts. So to do that, just go to true story dot fm and find our little podcast and click the little buttons and become a member. We love you, we appreciate you, and as always, when you're out there in the world saving people and hunting things, you know, the family business, keep the gank that drank motto in mind, be excellent to each other, and arnon dude,