Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang the pub Quiz Practice show that history pew right in the quizzer. I'm Manny Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are people doing rain dances hoping for some rain. We need it, so if you know how to do it, send.
Speaker 2: It our way.
Speaker 3: With the secret of controlling weather. Yeah, I'd like to talk to you about meeting other X men.
Speaker 1: Man. We just started that cartoon of X Men and it's very soap operary. Yeah, pretty entertaining. David, speaking of X Men. Yeah, we want to thank oh our Mike, Okay, paym and Polly and Max and Valentina.
Speaker 2: For coffee. Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Max and Valentina.
Speaker 2: Say hi, Hi.
Speaker 1: We are longtime weekly listeners in Milwaukee. Ah love Milwaukee, and we'll like to buy you guys a coffee in honor of our January twenty twenty sixth edition.
Speaker 2: Timothy Timothy Timothy.
Speaker 1: Who was listening in the womb and now has been a fan for six months in the outside world around.
Speaker 2: Welcome Timothy, Welcome Timothy.
Speaker 3: Capricorn slash Aquarius, one of the two just like us, just.
Speaker 1: Like us, and maybe we're birthday buddies.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you guys, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I welcome, Timothy, welcome.
Speaker 1: And we have a couple of new patrons, Leslie and Sydney.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: And we also did zoom Trivia this last Saturday. Again if anytime you guys want to join us, always the second Saturday unless we announce otherwise, and.
Speaker 3: Always free and free.
Speaker 1: In third place, we had Living Big Big, In second place we had theater mom Zilla, and in first place, y.
Speaker 3: Thanks everybody, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: We just feel great right now. You guys are just the loveliest people.
Speaker 3: You're the best.
Speaker 1: And we did have a concerned listener let us know about an ad that played before the show was for poly Market, and we're going to look into that. We don't have any control over the ads they play before the show, but we're going to see if we can get control and have ads that were more are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't support that stuff, and mostly any of the ads that you hear are whatever the platform puts out there, and we'll see if we can ask them not to play stuff like that because we don't support that. That's not our whatever they play in the ads isn't supported by our views necessarily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll see if we can get a little more control there and have it reflect us a little better. So, with all that being said, here's how the show works.
Speaker 3: Whiz Quiz, Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the big Bang, a final round with three questions, whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 2: Round one.
Speaker 1: Question one, the category is music. In nineteen sixty for what folk rock duo's debut album was titled Wednesday Morning three a M. Question two, the category is landmarks. A stone residence for priests was likely the first permanent structure. For which building we will never forget?
Speaker 2: Question three.
Speaker 1: The category is vexillology. This question comes from listener Robbie.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Rubbie, Robie.
Speaker 1: What sovereign country is the only one to have a flag that does not use the colors red, white, or blue? Question four. The category is literature. Who was the mysterious author of Poor Ritch Almanac, and now the answers around one. Question one, what folk rock duo's debut album was titled Wednesday Morning, three Am Simon and Garfunkel. Question two, A stone residence for priests was likely the first permanent structure, for which building we will never forget. The Alamo.
Speaker 3: They built a series of missions there out of mud and straw, and moved them around because they sometimes built too close to the river, it flooded.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: And then eventually they built this, and they built the church. It fell down, and then they made a more permanent chapel after that, and then they fortified it. Now we are not allowed to forget.
Speaker 1: And I also read that the chapel of the Alamo mission is known as the shraw kind of Texas liberty. Question three. What sovereign country is the only one to have a flag that does not use the colors red, white.
Speaker 2: Or blue?
Speaker 1: Jamaica. If you said Mauritania, that was correct until twenty seventeen. They changed it in twenty seventeen, Sneaky snakes. Question four. Who was the mysterious author of Poor Richard's Almanac? Benjamin Franklin. The almanac contained the calendar, whether poem sayings an astronomical and astrological information, So, I mean it was like a typical almanac, but it was witty and fun. And I heard that when his brother died, I think he sent a bunch to his sister in law and was like, sell these to like financially support her. So that was nice.
Speaker 3: Round two. Question five, The category is religion. Which Roman soldier pierced the crucified Christ in his side? Question six? Category advertising. This one comes to us from listener Nolan.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Nolan, Thank you, Nolan.
Speaker 3: In nineteen nineties TV commercials for the beverage Sunny Delight, thirsty teens would always bypass a jug of what color stuff? Question seven category film. In nineteen eighty nine's romantic comedy, Look Who's Talking? Which actor provides the voice of baby Mikey. Question eight category entertainment. This one comes from listener Jeff.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jeff, Thank you Jeff.
Speaker 3: What is the theme song to the Disney World attraction Carousel of Progress? And now they answers around two? Question five, which Roman soldier pierced the crucified Christ in his side? Longenous? The pronunciation I think has been anglicized into a soft g. I've heard that the came from the Greek longinos, which and I would say the Latin for it would be longinous as well, but color longenue. So but we would accept any of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Question six. In the nineties commercials for Sunnay Delight, thirsty teens would always bypass a jug of what color stuff? Purple, And recently the sunny De brand has been promoting a purple flavor of their vodka Seltzer product.
Speaker 1: Huh, I wonder if I'd try that. I guess I'd try it.
Speaker 3: You try vodka with purple sugar water and some vitamin C wh tries.
Speaker 1: I feel like that would give me an instantatic.
Speaker 3: The teens in the commercial also passed up OJ and koola.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that fridge was full of drinks.
Speaker 3: Question seven in look Who's talking? Which actor provides the voice of baby Mikey Bruce Willis? And question eight? What is the theme song to the Disney World attraction Carousel of Progress. There's a great, big, beautiful Tomorrow. It's also the theme song for interventions at Disneyland.
Speaker 1: And that's it for the first half, which means it's time for the bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is television. You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question. Which British comedians were the winners of the first nine seasons of task Master? Yeah, time starts now.
Speaker 3: And that's time. The British comedians. Who are the winners of the first nine seasons of task Master? The original task Master?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the UK Taskmaster, not New Zealand or Australia or wherever else.
Speaker 3: It is now Josh Whittacumb, Catherine Ryan, Rob Beckett, Noel Fielding, Bob Mortimer, Lisa Tarbuck, carry Godlemen, Lou Saunders and Ed Gamble.
Speaker 1: For those of you who haven't seen it, it's a good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got all the episodes on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Round three. Question nine. The category is animals. The Portuguese man O War has nomadicists in its tentacles filled with what. Question ten, the category is language. This question comes from listener Jose, Thank you, Els, Thank you Jos. What natural materials do ziologists study? That's X Y L O L O G I S T. That's a good scrubble word. Question eleven, the category is television. Blankety blank was based on which American panel game show that involved filling in blanks in questions. Question twelve, the category is geography. This question comes from O. R. Mic.
Speaker 2: Thanks so on, I think so are What.
Speaker 1: US state in the contiguous forty eight states has an island referred to as Monkey Island that is home to over thirty five hundred Reese's macaques? And now the answer is around three? Question nine? The Portuguese man o' war has nomaticists and its tentacles filled with what venom? Man? I wish my fingertips had venominum, like just like a little just like an optune. That'd be great listening to eminem who question ten? What natural materials do zilologists study?
Speaker 2: Would?
Speaker 1: Question eleven blankety blank was based on which American panel game show that involved filling in blanks and questions match game? Question twelve? What US state is in the contiguous forty eight states that has an island referred to as Monkey Island that is home to over thirty five one hundred Rees's macaques? Morgan Island in South Carolina? The other colonies on the Silver River in Florida.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's two, and that's where the other one apparently is.
Speaker 1: That's fun? Are you allowed to visit or is it like.
Speaker 2: Uh, keep them.
Speaker 3: I don't know for sure, but I know that it's apparently hard to get to at least Morgan Island is not sure about the other one. Round four. Question thirteen the category's currency. Which currency of Costa Rica takes its name from Christopher Columbus's Spanish name? Question fourteen, Category comic books. This one comes from Major Data.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Major, Thank you Major.
Speaker 3: Johann and Pewitt is a Belgian comic series created by Peyo that is notable for introducing what characters that became an eighties cartoon staple. Question fifteen Category religion. The ninth month of the Islamic calendar in a holy period, a fasting, introspection and prayer is called what. Question sixteen, Category Food and drink. This one comes from listener Jeff.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jeff, Thank you, Jeff.
Speaker 3: The white powder that coats sticks of chewing gum is often finely ground calcium carbonate made from grinding what and now? The answer is Round four. Question thirteen. Which currency of Costa Rica takes its name from Christopher Columbus's Spanish name the cologne? And that is from Crystobal cologne question fourteen. Johann and Peewitt is a Belgian comic book series notable for introducing What eighties characters Smurfs, following their first introduction in the nineteen fifty eight story Thus Smurfs in the Magic Flute.
Speaker 1: They've had some lasting power Question fifteen.
Speaker 3: The ninth month of the Islamic calendar, in a holy period of fasting introspection in prayer is called what ramadon question sixteen. The white powder that coats sticks of chewing gum is often finely ground calcium carbonate made from grinding what marble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we live close to marble, Colorado, where there is a mind for that, and I guess some of the marble that gets mined out of there goes on gum.
Speaker 3: It's super interesting. The gum isn't always coated by this calcium carbonate. Sometimes it can be a polyol or a corn starch or powdered sugar, but apparently ground marble, food grade and safe to eat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it makes sense that gum needs to be coated. You'd open up and be.
Speaker 3: Like, not a gain.
Speaker 1: That's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the big bang round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Business and Inventions. We will give you three clue questions, which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, the word marsupial comes from marsupium, the technical term for what feature belonging to marsupials?
Speaker 3: Question two, Bravos Talk Show Inside the Actors Studio was hosted by which dean of the Actors Studio Drama School.
Speaker 1: Question three commonly used an Italian cuisine rodicio is what cultivated part of the chicory plant?
Speaker 3: And your Big Bang question? Again, the category is Business and Inventions. A popular legend says that in nineteen oh eight Thomas Sullivan accidentally marketed samples of his product wrapped in silk, which became what now common product?
Speaker 1: And Now for the answers to the Big Bang Round Question one, the word marsupial comes from marsupium, the technical term for what feature belonging to marsupials pouch?
Speaker 3: Question two Bravos Talk Show Inside the Actor Studio was hosted by which dean of the Actor Studio Jurrama School, James Lipton? What's your favorite sound.
Speaker 1: When you die question three, commonly used in Italian cuisine, Rodicio is what cultivated part of the chicory plant.
Speaker 2: Leaves.
Speaker 3: And finally, a popular legend says that in nineteen oh eight, Thomas Sullivan accidentally marketed samples of his product wrapped in silk, which became what now common product the leaves and a pouch sold by such companies as Lipton It's tea bags. Now, he wasn't the one who invented them. He just kind of made the marketing of it and selling tea in pouches, especially little silk pouches famous. They were actually patented by ROBERTA. Lawson and Mary McLaren of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Hey, Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: Three. He's the one that made them commercially successful because I think he sent out all these samples and then people just put these tea bags in their water, and we're like, this is super easy. It's less to clean up afterwards from loose tea leaves, and it infuses and strains a lot better. And then they've just built from there.
Speaker 1: So that's pretty crazy. Yeah, Well it's kind of funny because I do feel like now there's a lot of tea companies that do loose leaf and you know, have cute products that you can PLoP into your yeah, tea in your water. You put the tea like in a rubber ducky or a man of Tea, Man of Tea a t rex. But tea bags are very simple, and.
Speaker 3: They started making them out of other materials because you know, as you can imagine, silk got a little expensive to have them in makes sense. And now we have to worry about microplastics.
Speaker 1: H tasty, tasty microplastics. Yeah, Like we bought a new toothbrush and it was like, help get out those microplastics. I'm like, what, what's this world?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: We just accept that we eat plastic, but now we'll sell products to be like, since you are consuming microplastics instead of dealing with the you know, core issue, let's make a better toothbrush to get it up from between your teeth.
Speaker 3: Probably add more in the process, probably, but.
Speaker 1: At least there's trivia and wonderful listeners. So thank you so much for giving us an escape from this wild, wacky world we live in to enjoy some knowledge with friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your might in this toasty world. I think that'll do it for us. For this episode of Quiz Quiz Bang bang, I've been David Flora.
Speaker 2: Flora here, he's looking at you.
Speaker 4: Quiz