Speaker 1: Mysteries are fuel for our mind. They give it the opportunity to open the strange doors of possibility in search of an answer. Some might be solved in a few years, while others may lay unsolved for as long as our universe continues to exist. There are individuals out there who claim to have solved many of the world's mysteries, whether it's how the pyramids were constructed or the original herbs and spices contained within the Kernel's finger lick and chicken. But there are some people out there who do know the answer to many mysteries, and they choose not to come forward with those answers. They instead decide to fade into the shadows and not reveal the truth that they hold. Today, the mystery of what happened in Room ten forty six remains a mystery, but we will leave it to you to decide if the information that we have is actually enough to say that it has been solved.
Speaker 2: My name's Ben and I'm Nicole, and you're listening to Wicked and.
Speaker 1: Grim, a true crime podcast.
Speaker 2: Warning.
Speaker 1: The following podcast material intend more mature audience listener discretion.
Speaker 2: Prodcasting. Thing that's going good.
Speaker 1: I think it's going good.
Speaker 2: We're on vacation, I'm doing this podcast, so we're a little bit out of our element.
Speaker 1: Ish you could say, we're not in our tiny home. We're in a cabin in Ucluelet, BC, which is just south of Tafino. So things are probably gonna sound weird because we're not using our regular microphones. We're in this cabin with this like tile floor, and dogs are walking around and people are walking around outside the cabin to throw down the driveway area, so it probably sounds strange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I feel like we're maybe a little bit more relaxed than normal, you know. Yeah, it's it's a good day.
Speaker 1: And I'm looking outside at a and a nice doggo cool for a nice walk.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: All hours are probably bitter at us that we're recording our podcast.
Speaker 2: Why are we not all going for a walk?
Speaker 1: Well, we got to get this done. It was supposed to come out today, but due to getting ready for the trip and everything, we had a little bit of struggle getting this episode recorded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's about twelve hours behind, which isn't bad.
Speaker 1: No, we're doing our best. We made the dedication to still have this out even though we're on vacation. So hopefully you guys appreciate that. Yeah, after this, so we are definitely gonna go in appreciate the beautiful scenery around here that is taffino and you clue it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Honey actually has not tried to drink from the ocean yet, so I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: It's always fun her first ocean experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you have a secret beach you're gonna take us too, I do, I do. I'm pumped to see your secret I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: It's just like Heaven on Earth, so Heaven on.
Speaker 1: Earth, and it's not actually a secret beach. It's just like a public like a local known beach. But the tourism place doesn't really go there.
Speaker 2: I guess, well, yeah, they go to the one part of it, but then if you walk in quite a bit further then, like last year when Ripley and I were here, we had the one part of the beach where I'm going to take you all to ourselves for probably over an hour, sweet, which was awesome.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Well, it's gonna be a good.
Speaker 2: Time, I know. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: And if you guys want to check out, we are going to put up a log on YouTube, and we are also putting up another vlog a little bit more oriented, like on our travels to get here, behind the scenes stuff for a patriot. So there's gonna be two blogs coming up.
Speaker 2: And the YouTube is it's called The Wicked Life just Wicked Life. Oh, Wicked Life. I thought it was the Wicked Life.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it's Wicked Life.
Speaker 2: Now we don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just Wicked Life. Okay, looking at it right now.
Speaker 2: So just like, look in the search on YouTube Wicked Life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or it's in the description of this podcast too, and you don't even know the name of own YouTube channel. Congratulations, you fail.
Speaker 2: I put a the in front of it. Remember when we did that, we were on our local news.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And at the end, didn't she ask us what our website was or how people can find us, And we're literally like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We couldn't remember if there was podcasts in our website.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had no idea.
Speaker 1: Well, we always say it's all linked down below. We deal with it all the time. We never spell it out.
Speaker 2: That's just us though, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we got patrons to thank. Speaking of those patrons over on YouTube or over and patron and YouTube speaking of them, we have patriots to think that was my thought process.
Speaker 2: We do. I was like, I was thinking we only had a couple this week, but there's quite a few, so this is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have Maeln, Jen Woods, McKenna, Marek, Marie Jackie, and Felicia Godbold who all is on Patreon.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: So they're definitely going to be getting that that vlog over there. They're gonna be checking it out. So thank you guys for signing up. You mean the world to us, And even if you're just listening, you mean the world too, because this wouldn't be happening without you.
Speaker 2: So thank exactly.
Speaker 1: You're ready to get into this, I'm ready. I think we've already told everyone a little too much about our vacation. I think they want to hear the episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's move on.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, this is the story of Room ten forty six.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, sounds already a little bit scary.
Speaker 1: It kind of sounds like Stephen King because.
Speaker 2: Something like a novel of sorts that's like suspenseful.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, because like Stephen King had a room, like a hotel room sort of. I can't remember what his story was, but anyways, Yeah, there's a few things that revolve around it. There's this shining bare room and then the room at the Old Ladies in the China. Yeah, lots of places occur in horror movies like this where it's a specific room.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think that's kind of what strikes people, the fact that this kind of went along with a specific room. So the room doesn't really have anything to do with it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Just occurred in this room and that's about it. Okay, So starting off, we have a man by the name of Roland. Now, Roland was a man who checked into the Hotel President in Kansas City, Missouri, which is now the Power and Lights District. He checked in in the early afternoon on January TEWOD, nineteen thirty five. He registered under the name Roland t Owen, but gave no home address or any other personal information, and paid for one night stay at the hotel. Now, spoiler alert, he did stay longer, so I'm assuming he paid for more nights, but initially he paid for just the one night's day.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a long ways back, eh. It is nineteen thirty five.
Speaker 1: You said, yeah, back into the thirties.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Now, this man was dressed rather nice in a black overcoat and was around twenty years old, maybe a little. I did find accounts that said he was up to potentially thirty five years old as the way he looked, but I'm pretty sure he was around early twenties by most.
Speaker 2: Accounts, still fairly young exactly.
Speaker 1: So. He had brown hair and a very distinct visible scar below the hairline on right above his left ear. Now, it was also reported that he had cauliflower ears.
Speaker 2: I know what that means.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I had no idea at first because we used to watch a little bit of USC and a lot of the fighters on there. It's from boxing and like being kind of a fighter, right, yes, yeah, well they're not boxing.
Speaker 1: It's common. It's common. Here, I'll read you the right up that I put for this. So. Cauliflower ear, also known as hematoma orus, is a condition that occurs in one's ear when blood builds up between the cartilage of the ear and the skin from the ear being repeatedly struck or bent, causing trauma on the underlining cartilage, kind of like a fingernail going blue after you smack it with a hammer or something like that. It's that blood up under his nail. Same thing in the ear between the cartilage and the skin.
Speaker 2: But it actually never really heals, does it, Unlike our nails that do well. It can, okay, So.
Speaker 1: The ear actually begins to swell and like forms those lumps of this like fluid which makes it ear resemble cauliflower from these like bulges, and if treated immediately, the lump can actually go away. Oh okay, not treated immediately, then it remains permanently. So what they actually do to treat it is they'll take a syringe and they'll suck out all that fluid. Oh my god, before it like yeah, pardons. So regardless, lovely.
Speaker 2: Hopefully no one's eating at this moment, because that's.
Speaker 1: Just a medical gross I mean it is, but I mean, because of this though, it was assumed that he must have been like a boxer or wrestler. That's kind of what the hotel staff was assuming at the time because it is kind of like a common thing scene like we see if you watch the UFC ear and he mixed Martial Arts, it's common for those guys to have cauliflower ears. So they kind of assumed that was his occupation or at least pastime.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, Randolph Props was working as a bell hop service and he helped Roll into his room that night. When he checked in, he carried no baggage with him, so Randolph was empty handed and escorted him up to the tenth floor where the room was. Randolph would have been very professional and courteous as they made their way. The hotel was a rather luxurious establishment and had a reputation for being one of the finest hotels in the Midwest, so he would have been quite quite courteous on the way to the room. So as they walked, the two of them struck up some conversation, some small talk, and Roland mentioned that he had spent a previous night at the nearby Malbeck Hotel but found he paid the rate he paid for five dollars was rather expensive, so he decided to go somewhere else, and that was equivalent of about one hundred and ten dollars today.
Speaker 2: Oh, Okay, I was wondering because I was like five bucks, yes, yeah, so, but I just have to say to one hundred and ten bucks today would not get you like a super nice hotel.
Speaker 1: No, it wouldn't. That just goes to show how how inflation is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: At any rate, get it at any rate, at any rate. The two men eventually made their way up to room ten forty six that it was overlooking the inner courtyard of the building. Now, apparently he was specifically requested to be on the inner part of the hotel for whatever his personal reasons.
Speaker 2: I don't know, quieter, or maybe maybe it.
Speaker 1: Could have been, you know, not wanting to be on the outside with traffic, yeah people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and because I've requested stuff like that before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's just personal preference most likely.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, as I said, Roland didn't seem to pack too much. He actually didn't carry any luggage or any bags with him. So when they reached the hotel and Randolph opened the room and let rolland in, Roland reached into his overcoat pocket and pulled out three items a brush, a comb, and toothpaste.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I kind of love that, right, just needing that little I.
Speaker 1: Mean for someone staying in this hotel and regarding most of the clientele, he sees it was a bit odd. But he didn't really dwell on it. So after he put these items in the room above the sink, the two of them left the room, closed the door. Roland locked the door and then handed him the key in a way they went sorry, Randolph locked the door and handed rolling.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, yeah, so Roland.
Speaker 1: Now had the key. They returned to the lobby together and the key now in Roland's pocket. He left the hotel through the front doors. So it was a little while later that evening, but one of the hotel room cleaning staff was making the rounds. This woman's name was Mary. Soap dick. Okay, not soap dick, soap tick.
Speaker 2: Okay, Just for the record, it sounded like soap dick. But I was just like not going to comment on that. I decided in my head, no, you're good.
Speaker 1: Sotic soap tick.
Speaker 2: Okay, soap tick.
Speaker 1: But with the key in there, yeah, soap tick, it sounds sounds like.
Speaker 2: Very much, especially the way you say yes.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I was listening to other people cover this quite a bit, and like the BuzzFeed Unsolved network guys, they covered this quite well. They shortened it a little bit, they but they condensed like the main information and they had a good laugh over soap diick, which I laughed hilariously on her.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be the best last name to have ever.
Speaker 1: No, but I did want to point out it's not soap dick, it's soap tick, soap tick.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So anyways, she was now on staff. She was a cleaning lady, and she was making a ring way up to the tenth floor and she made her way to room ten forty six and found rolling inside when she opened up. Now, she apologized for interrupting him in the room and was about to leave, but he said, no, no, it was no problem. She can go ahead and do whatever it was that she came to do for her job. So she did. She fixed, threw him up, and kind of did some like the turnover stuff for like towels or whatever she needed to do, did some cleaning as per usual. But while she began cleaning, she noticed that he had the shades and the windows drawn and he left only one single lamp in the room to light it. It was rather dim in there. After a few minutes pass since she began cleaning, Roland put his overcoat and put on his overcoat and brush his hair and then left. But before he did He asked Mary that when she leaves the room, to leave it unlocked when she was finished. Apparently he was expecting some friends soon. Oh okay, So where's your head at. What are your thoughts on Roland so far?
Speaker 2: You know, my main thought right now, it's just I think it's just because I listen and research too much to a crime. But I'm just like the hotel cleaners that come around and clean the rooms, like that seems unsafe. Hey, her going into his room by herself and stuff, that was literally where my mind was. I was like, oh my gosh, that's scary for her. Not that I thought anything would happen, but I was just like, there's a lot of jobs though today that can put you in situations.
Speaker 1: That's true. And I think like nowadays with rooms too, they have identification of people and they have like credit card numbers, so if anything were to happen, it's like they can track them down.
Speaker 2: That's true. But back then, I feel like shit could go astray.
Speaker 1: I don't like Roland didn't even give his address, so there's no way of tracking down.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's very mysterious. I have no idea I was when I first when you first said she was going in the room. I almost was thinking maybe he would have he was dead. So I don't know. I actually I don't. It's too early on for me to be predicting.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to tell you now that we go through quite a bit of information before the incident actually occurs. Okay, So there's a lot leading up to what happens.
Speaker 2: Okay. So at this point I can't. I can't predict nothing.
Speaker 1: You can't predict nothing.
Speaker 2: Yet, I can't predict anything.
Speaker 1: Well, Mary wasn't able to predict anything either, and she was happy to oblige and continued her work. And she did as she asked when she was finished a little bit later on, and left his room and left it unlocked. Okay, Now, at four pm, she returned to his room with fresh towels, you know, because when she's cleaning earlier, she took out the dirty ones, coming back with fresh ones later.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeap.
Speaker 1: So when she opened the door because it was unlocked, she saw Roland laying in the bed, fully dressed, in the dark, with the door unlocked.
Speaker 2: Mind you, Oh my gosh, she needs to leave him alone. He needs some time here.
Speaker 1: Well, he was wide awake, just staring off into the dark, and I'm sure he would have looked her at her when she entered.
Speaker 2: See, I feel like he needs someone to talk to her, some help.
Speaker 1: But well, he was clearly expecting someone because she also saw a note sitting on the bedside table next to him. Now, mind you, it was in the dark, but when she opened the door, light was spilling in from the hallway behind her right, and she was able to read this note clearly written and it said, quote Dawn, I will be back in fifteen minutes. Wait, huh, Okay, So I'm assuming this note was probably on the outside of the door at one point and he took it off when he returned and just kind of set it down. So either way, he was clearly expecting someone by the name of Dawn.
Speaker 2: Yes, totally.
Speaker 1: So this man clearly was acting strange and Mary didn't know exactly what to make of it. She also made some statements later on regarding this case, and she said this quote he always wanted to kind of keep in the dark. And she also said quote he was either worried about something or afraid.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say more so worried.
Speaker 1: You think worried because if he.
Speaker 2: Was afraid and shit, Like, he probably wouldn't just be laying on the bed with the door unlocked and stuff.
Speaker 1: If he was afraid, why would the door be unlocked. That's a big question.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, like it wouldn't be unlocked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So why did you say you don't think he's afraid.
Speaker 2: I think he's more worried. Okay, Oh did I get that backwards?
Speaker 1: Or maybe I got it back I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think he's more worried rather.
Speaker 1: Than afraid, Okay, worried about what though?
Speaker 2: I think he's stressed about something. I think his mental health is in the gutter. Okay, that's my guess.
Speaker 1: That's a respectable answer. Well. The next day, on January third, Mary returned to his room at about ten thirty am, room of course, number ten forty six. This time, the door was locked from the outside, which must have meant that the man had left his room, right, Roland was gone because I left and locked it from the outside. Okay, But when she opened up the door to go inside, it was in there. Clean You think he was in there?
Speaker 2: Shit, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Roland was in the exact same spot, wearing the exact same clothes, with the lights out on the bed.
Speaker 2: Wide awake, awake, still hold wait shit, but the door was locked from the outside. Okay, this is really fucked up. I also be like, if I was in this room, I wouldn't want to be disturbed this much. We're the kind of people that go into a hotel and leave are like, do not disturbed, tag on and the whole time, the whole time, it's like, we don't need our room, like done anything to it. We're good.
Speaker 1: No, if we need some new towels, we'll just call the front desk. You we'll come down and grab them.
Speaker 2: Like so at this trying to be like, excuse me, can you just like fuck, We're fine, politely fuck off please, But I mean, this man seems like he needs to be checked on.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean she is checking on the room at least, so she's getting some of this information, which is good. So when she came in the room and saw him sitting there, he did allow her to come in and clean up again as before. And while she began cleaning, she watched as the phone rang. Okay, so Roland answered the phone and this is what he said. No, Dawn, I don't want to eat. I'm not hungry. I just had breakfast. No, I'm not hungry now. After that, he didn't say anything else, but he didn't hang up the phone. He held on to it and proceeded to talk to Mary about her job as she cleaned, and soon she finished up and left Now again. At four pm, Mary returned to the room good God, again with fresh towels. Because this is the process. They go there, they clean, the remove stuff. Later they do the realms with fresh towels.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, I mean, yeah, she's doing a good job. She's doing her job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's being very diligent getting it done, doing her thing thing, Mary Rocks. That's all I gotta say. So when she arrived, she could hear two men in the room, so she knocked politely before she entered. Now a voice responded by asking who's there. The voice was loud and deep and it didn't belong to Roland. Okay, She stated it was room service with fresh towels, and the man responded, we don't need.
Speaker 2: Any Oh, I wouldn't even let her in, yeah.
Speaker 1: Which clearly wasn't true because she removed the dirty towels earlier in the day, so she knows they have no towels.
Speaker 2: Right, right, and Roland was always great about having her come and do her job.
Speaker 1: Yep. So that night, as it rolled on, was a rather unusual one. Another hotel patron by the name of Gene Owen was checked into room ten forty eight. Now for clarification, the last name Roland t Owen and Gene Owen have no correlation to each.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's funny. I was almost going to be like Ben, that's the same last name, is that, right?
Speaker 1: I need to clarify now before you guys start going down that path. Once the events that were leading up to occurs. They talked to Gene. She has a very solid alibi and she has no relation.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, thanks for clarifying that. I mean if I was wondering, and I'm sure a lot of people were so well.
Speaker 1: She reported that she heard men and women talking very loudly and profanely all over the floor that night, and an elevator operator named Charles Bloacher also reported more than normal activity. He began his shift at about midnight and reported he was fairly busy until about one thirty am, and that there was a large party occurring in room ten fifty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, what room was rolling in ten fifty six, ten forty six, ten forty six, okay, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Ten fifty five was hosting this rather large, obnoxious party.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So now Charles doesn't remember one particular individual who he saw or sorry, he does remember one particular individual who he saw on multiple occasions that night, because remember, he's operating the elevator, so he's standing in the elevator bringing it up and down, letting people to and from.
Speaker 2: That would be a fucking interesting job.
Speaker 1: It would be. I feel like I can only imagine the individuals you would have conversation with. Yeah, and especially on a night like this when people are drinking the shit people are freely gonna tell.
Speaker 2: You because I'm kind of one of those people I don't love like repetition for jobs and stuff like repetitive jobs, and that would be one. But I'm like, that would be freaking interesting. I could do that job. I think that'd be dope.
Speaker 1: I think that might be one of the worst jobs as far as repetition goes.
Speaker 2: It would, but then you're also having new people in there, and it could get really interesting because sometimes I feel like the conversations or the way people act in elevators is really odd.
Speaker 1: But I think that would get old really fast.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, because that's true, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna put it from my perspective. I did a very repetition based job for the last like fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The best thing to make time go by is when you flick into autopilot and your mind is somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Oh and you wouldn't really be able to do that there because you're having to make small talk with everyone exactly.
Speaker 1: And I think that would make time go by bye very slowly.
Speaker 2: But if you're a social individual, not saying that you're not, but if you are, like I feel like you could kind of really chat and kind of get to know with people and the short time they're in there. But yeah, even the small talk would probably get pretty repetitive too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I can only imagine how many people in a single day. You're saying, the weather shitty today, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Raining, it's been raining for the last four days. When's it going to ever end?
Speaker 2: It's sure cold out there exactly.
Speaker 1: So I mean, mind you, like you say, there's some people that might suit. Some people that are a little more conversational or outgoing might be a lot right up their alley sort of thing. But I could see that getting old quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair, so who's to say.
Speaker 1: Anyways, the individual he did recognize was a woman, and she'd been at the hotel times before as well, and was assumed to be a sex worker. Now, she came in sometime around one am. Now, I did also find varying time frames on when she came in. Most said around like midnight to two, midnight to three or so, So I kind of I'm not saying it was one am. I'm kind of just landing somewhere in the middle and saying one am late in the night exactly, or early in the morning. Yeah, And she started by going to room ten twenty six, not ten to forty six, okay, But she started with ten twenty six, and then she was back at the elevator five minutes later as no one was at the room, not because the service was that.
Speaker 2: I was like five mites.
Speaker 1: She's good at her fucking job, okay, But yeah, she went to ten twenty six, return five minutes later. No one answered the door when she knocked, and then she would visit ten forty six Roland's room, okay, and then from there she would go over to ten twenty four and then down to the ninth floor to visit some more rooms, and back to the tenth floor, presumably to ten twenty six again, but she visited a variety of rooms that night. At any rate, the amount of rooms or individuals more than likely she visited is unknown. What we do know is it was multiple rooms, and Room ten forty six was on that list.
Speaker 2: Was one of them on the list? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Then at four fifteen am, the woman made her way to the lobby and left for the night. A few hours later in the morning on January fourth, at about seven am, a new switchboard operator, Della Ferguson, made her way into work. One of the first things was for her to do on her job was to proceed through a list of wake up calls, one of which being Room ten forty six. Okay, and these wake up calls that she was calling, especially ten forty six anyways worse seven am. Sure others were later, but Rowlands was seven am. So when she tried to get up to his room via the phone, she couldn't complete the call. His room's phone was off the hook.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yep, So she.
Speaker 1: Got into the switchboard, realized his phone was off the hook. She couldn't even attempt to make the call, so she enlisted the help of Randolph, the same bell hop who assisted Roll into his room a couple nights prior, who was at work, to head up to his room and complete the wake up call and inform him he needs to put the phone back on the hook. So he made his way up to room ten forty six. The door was locked with a do not disturb sign hanging from the doorknob. He ignored the sign to pursue the wake up call. Right he began knocking loudly on the door and a voice from inside told him to come in, but of course he couldn't. The door was locked, so he knocked again. The same voice spoke yet again and told him come in and turn on the lights.
Speaker 2: Ah, I wouldn't want to go in, No, ho'll come? I don't know. I mean, I guess he wouldn't. He doesn't know all this backstory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but again, no one was unlocking the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he can't get in.
Speaker 1: He can't get in, So even if he didn't want to, he was stuck, couldn't go it.
Speaker 2: Beyond you would think he would have a key of Swortsvill.
Speaker 1: Well, they do, he just didn't bring it up, right, Oh, okay, So finally Randolph shouted through the door to complete the wake up call and inform him that he needs to hang up the phone back in the receiver, and then he left walked back down the hallway towards the lobby.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Randolph figured he was most likely drunk or hungover from the party on the tenth floor the night prior, probably as many guests in that or on that floor in the hotel were less than a functional state this morning.
Speaker 2: Right, that is a good assumption.
Speaker 1: So at ten thirty am, the phone in room ten forty six was still off the hook. This time another bell boy by the name of Harold Pike was sent to the tenth floor. The room was ten forty six and there was still a do not disturb sign and the door still locked, still locked, But this time Harold held that room key, so he fitted into the door lock and let himself in. Inside the room, as always, the lights were off on the bed. He saw Roland laying there in the dark, reportedly drunk and naked. Oh wow, there were dark spots surrounding him on the bed in a dimly lit room which Harold could only assume was spilt drinks from having too much fun the night prior. He decided decided to leave Roland b and not disturb him clearly, as he was in rough shape from the night before. So he saw the phone laying there off the hook and hung it up quickly by putting it back in the receiver and left the room.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I don't feel like he is drunk. No, what do you feel like he Maybe he's hurt or something.
Speaker 1: You think so well. This wasn't the end of their visits to room ten forty six. It wasn't long after that they would be notified by the operator at the.
Speaker 2: Phone in the room off the hook again.
Speaker 1: Was once again off the hook.
Speaker 2: See he's using this phone for help.
Speaker 1: It was about ten thirty am. Randolph was once again making his way up to the room. On his arrival, he was once again greeted by the do not disturb sign and a locked door. He knocked and heard no response. He brought up the key, so he thought, Hey, I'm gonna let myself in and I'm gonna put the phone back in the hook and anyway we go. So he let himself into the room, and when he opened the door, he was greeted with a sight he wasn't expecting. Shit what Roland was only about two feet away from the door on his knees and elbows, and he was grasping his head covered in blood.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, he.
Speaker 1: Definitely was trying to get someone's attention.
Speaker 2: Yes, he needed fucking help.
Speaker 1: Randolph quickly turned on the lights to see if his eyes were playing tricks on him, and that's when he noticed there was blood on the bed, blood on the walls the bathroom and the hotel room.
Speaker 2: So that dark spot's on the bed was actually probably blood, not spilled drinks.
Speaker 1: Then correct, it was blood on the bed, so understandably, he quickly ran downstairs for help and returned with the hotel's assistant manager. However, as they went open the door again, this time, Roland had slumped over and was blocking the door.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they.
Speaker 1: Could only get it open about six inches.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: After a few moments of trying to communicate with them and getting him to move, Roland eventually was able to stand to his feet and moved to sit on the edge of the bathtub nearby. Allowing them to open the door and enter. Okay, Using the phone in the room, the assistant manager phoned the police and they were joined by a medical professional when they arrived. And that medical professional was doctor Harold Flanders of Kansas City General Hostel.
Speaker 2: Harold Flanders.
Speaker 1: Harold Flanders. There we go, Yeah, diddally, just throwing that out because Simpsons fans know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, the scene they arrived to was startling. As I mentioned, the room was splattered with blood on the walls, the ceiling, the bed, you name it.
Speaker 2: This couldn't all have been his own blood either. Could it have been and him still be alive?
Speaker 1: There's no other blood splattered as far as I have been aware of. Okay, it is his blood.
Speaker 2: Goodness.
Speaker 1: Roland's head was covered in blood, and it was clear that he had been strangled with the cord as his neck was bruised and the cord was still wrapped around his neck.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: He also had cordage binding his wrists and binding his ankles.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. They probably whoever did this to him laughed, probably thinking he was dead.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely yeah, Because he also had multiple stab wounds in his chests ah above his heart, and one of the wounds was deep enough to puncture his lung.
Speaker 2: Holy hack, and the stab wounds.
Speaker 1: Weren't the only cause of the blood either that covered the room. It was clear he had taken multiple blows to the head, which left him when a skull fracture on the right side.
Speaker 2: Okay, the fact that this man is still alive is a miracle, is it not.
Speaker 1: He had been beaten, stabbed, and strangled.
Speaker 2: You had the shit beaten out of him?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, the doggles can hear stuff outside.
Speaker 1: I think they're good. Okay, maybe they're just upset with all the shit that Roland went through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're reacting too. This is whooa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean what he must have been feeling though, Like, think about it, he would have been feeling this for some time. When his wake up call was scheduled for seven am and the bellahawk knocked on that door, Roland responded by saying come in, but did not answer the door himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he needed help in there. But he could have just said help.
Speaker 1: But he didn't. But he didn't answer the door. He was probably most likely bound at this time.
Speaker 2: Oh, like, there could have still been somebody in there.
Speaker 1: There could have been Oh my god, but he clearly is at least being inflicted or have already been inflicted with these injuries at this time at seven.
Speaker 2: Am, right, so, and then they came up against sorry to interrupt, at like ten thirty.
Speaker 1: Or forty or something was seven, eight thirty and ten thirty. It would have been three more hours basically before it would be identified.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Help, Wow, So at any rate, doctor Flanders cut the chords from Roland and asked him who had done this to him. M Roland's response.
Speaker 2: Nobody, nobody, this man, this man is very I don't know any other word other than mysterious.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, yeah, that's a very good word for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The doctor was just as confused as you are, though, because like, clearly this didn't happen just on its own, Like if nobody inflicted these injuries to him.
Speaker 2: Then who Yeah, he wouldn't be doing this to himself.
Speaker 1: So rightfully, so the doctor asked next, well, what was the cause of your injuries and simply said he had fallen and hit his head on the bathtub.
Speaker 2: Wow, and a cord just miraculously went around his neck and all this.
Speaker 1: Other shit suddenly just appeared.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, that is you can't use that one for this.
Speaker 1: No, it was clearly a fabricator store. Yeah. The doctor knew something was up, and he thought, well, maybe some of these, if not all, were self inflicted. So he asked Roland if he tried to take his own life, and Roland spoke one word in.
Speaker 2: Reply, no, no, okay.
Speaker 1: And right after that he lost consciousness.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, please did he die? Did he die?
Speaker 1: Well? He was quickly rushed to hospital, and shortly after he had arrived, he succumbed to his enter and he passed away after midnight on January fifth.
Speaker 2: See. I don't freaking know why, but I have a soft ass spot for Roland, you do. I do not know why this guy could be super sketch and super bad dude, but for some reason, I like am over here rooting for him, and I'm like probably going to regret that right as shit comes out.
Speaker 1: Well we'll let you decide that, okay. So via his injuries and the blood spatter patterns in the room, doctor Flander estimated that his injuries were sustained some time between four and five am, okay, which is another two hours even before his first wake up.
Speaker 2: Call right, he sure lasted a long time like he did. Survived a long time with those those kind of injuries. It's quite impressive.
Speaker 1: And imagine would he possibly have survived if it was discovered at seven am rather than ten thirty.
Speaker 2: Well, not necessarily though that was so long ago too, like they didn't have really maybe the medical care that we would have today.
Speaker 1: That's true, but it's hard to say. Regardless, though, detectives searched room ten forty six and found very little. They found his three personal belongings that we discussed at the beginning, tag for a necktie that was made by the New Jersey company. And they also know did that the shampoo, soap, and towels were all missing from the room.
Speaker 2: Now we knew the towels were missing, right kind.
Speaker 1: Of, I couldn't clarify if the towels were replaced or if they had just never been replaced once that incident occurred. Of yeah, we don't need.
Speaker 2: Any towels, Oh okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm unsure if the towels the towel situation, but the shampoo and soap were missing.
Speaker 2: Yeah where did Mary go? Hey? I feel like she was just there for that one that was her name, right, Mary, Yeah, just there for like that one day.
Speaker 1: Kind of No, she did her job the two days and now this morning of the wake up calls is when they found him. Okay, so she would have then been going to do a job here soon, right, So you're just trying to throw he runder the fucking bus. Mary sucks at her.
Speaker 2: I was just like, where did Mary go? I like to marry?
Speaker 1: You have trying to throw her under the bus.
Speaker 2: Mary's cool.
Speaker 1: We said she did her job for like one day.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe that came out so wrong. I meant like, where the hell did marry? Like, Okay, I'm just gonna stop talking. I do like Mary. Mary did really good, but I was just kind of wondering where she was this day.
Speaker 1: You're a Mary hater, aren't you?
Speaker 2: I actually really like Mary?
Speaker 1: Is it because your name sounds like dick?
Speaker 2: Well? She needs some props to her, Like, she probably didn't have it easy all the time with that kind of last name, right.
Speaker 1: And I can't imagine that like a room service job in any sort of capacity would be an easy job either. I imagine that you're probably dealing with unrually guests on a frequent basis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where are my towels?
Speaker 1: I need more soap like this.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like people have gotten more assholely as time has gone on. Maybe they weren't as bad that then, assholy assholy like. I don't know. I just think people's expectations and stuff have gone As time goes on, they get higher and higher, and sometimes people become rude er and ruder? Yeah, should I not be saying that on here? That's my opinion. Now.
Speaker 1: It does seem like as the years progress, people seem to get more and more ignorant. But it's it's hard to fully assess, especially when you're looking back at a year like this.
Speaker 2: I wasn't there then, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: But we digress back to this. The fact that they didn't actually find much in the room room didn't give them, of course, any leads to go with either. However, it also gave them reason to rule out a lot too, because there wasn't much in the room. For example, suicide, there was no knife in the room and Rowland was stabbed.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: So someone else must have been present to at least remove the knife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if he did that to himself it would still be there.
Speaker 1: Yes. Now, there are also reports of four small fingerprints found on the room's phone, which couldn't be matched to Roland or any of the hotel employees who'd been known to enter that room. It's thought that via the size of these fingerprints being smaller, that it's most likely a woman or female of the sorts. Okay, but I mean this is also a hotel. What if they just didn't wipe the room the phone down.
Speaker 2: The last week or something, Yeah, which could very well be the case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I mean, I don't know if I would say that the fingerprints on their phone are very much of anything personally. So the story, of course was blowing people's minds, and it was published in local papers on the front page. As a police tried to reach out to the public for assistance, and Detective Johnson told reporters, quote, there is no doubt that someone else is mixed up in this, which I mean, we kind of already clarified, but we clarified via their facts anyway. So the police sought help through the press. Both the city's evening newspapers carried the story on their front pages. Now, after police began investigating Roland's death, it quickly became apparent that his name was most likely an alias.
Speaker 2: Really yes, as.
Speaker 1: They couldn't find any records of him when they're wanting to notify any sort of family or next to ken Okay. In the coming weeks, police followed many false leads given on Roland's real identity, and all their trails went cold and none of them proved to be real.
Speaker 2: Dang.
Speaker 1: March third rolled around and a funeral was being set to lay the mysterious man to rest. So they announced in the paper in a column that is burial was going to occur, and it mentioned that he'd be laid to rest in the city's Potter's Field. Now, the Potter's field is a place where they lay to rest unidentified persons, Okay. I looked up a little historical thing on that, and I guess a potter's field is where they originally would be like digging up clay and stuff. But how that relates to unidentified people, I'm not exactly sure. But Potter's field is unidentified persons are basically that's sad.
Speaker 2: It's kind of sad. So he's probably gonna be laid to rest all alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, And that's what people are reading in the column, And someone somewhere out there read that and decided to put that plan quickly to a halt.
Speaker 2: Okay, decided to attend the burial.
Speaker 1: No, not to attend the burial. They decided, he's not going into a potter's field.
Speaker 2: Oh really.
Speaker 1: The very same day that column went out into the newspaper, they a man from a call from a man who requested the funeral be delayed. The man wanted to send money to be given to them to use his for service and for his burial at Memorial Park in Kansas City, because this way he could be laid near his sister.
Speaker 2: Oh, somebody knew what The funeral director, just like you, is speechless. Okay.
Speaker 1: After a moment on the phone, he said like, look, I've got to be reporting this to the police. I can definitely do what you're asking, but just so you know, this conversation is going to the police. I can't not say anything right right, And that didn't bother the man on the phone in the slightest In fact, when the funeral director pressed and asked about his death, the man on the other end of the phone said Roland had an affair with two women while engaged with another and the two women got their revenge.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: Then just before the man hang up, hung up, Sorry, he said, quote, cheat usually get what's coming to them. That's true, That's very true. It's true.
Speaker 2: So but I'm still like, come on, kind of liked Roland. What the fuck? I don't like that?
Speaker 1: Well, of course, no one does like any sort of cheater in that capacity for sure. But who is this man is a big question, and what does he know? So regardless of who this man was or whatever, they thought, Okay, well, let's see if this is going to play out as a man says. So they listened, they postponed the service, and twenty days later, on March twenty third, they received an envelope containing twenty five dollars, which is about five hundred and fifty dollars today, which was enough to cover the service and putting him in the other grave. Okay, now there are also two additional envelopes containing five dollars each sent to a local floorist for arrangement of thirteen roses to be laid on his grave. Wow, with a note that said love Forever Louise.
Speaker 2: Oh wow wow. But also thirteen flowers cost the same as an overnight hote telling a fancy ass place. Maybe it was a tip, maybe who knows, but uh yeah, who's Louise?
Speaker 1: The plot thickens well, rightfully, So police watched the grave like a hawk in the coming days after his burial. They even went as far as being posing his undercover grave diggers in the cemetery to see if they could find anyone to come and visit the grave.
Speaker 2: That's smart, but no one did. Oh wow, and this was next to his sister.
Speaker 1: Apparently not next to Rowland's sister, next to the phone now, oh.
Speaker 2: The phone, the person on the phone sister, yes.
Speaker 1: And not next to him, just like within the same graveyard. Okay, So I mean, how are they going to identify who that is even when you're in a full ass graveyard.
Speaker 2: So do we even know if this person who phone knew Roland? Or he must have I guess, especially if okay, what.
Speaker 1: Kind of stranger would phone in and say, hey, I'm going to pay for the full service to go in a different graveyard so they're located near my sister and then also give information that he got what's coming to him because he's cheating.
Speaker 2: Right, But he's still at a soft spot for him, like I do, clearly so because he's a cheater, but he's still going to pay for him to actually have like a burial exactly.
Speaker 1: So my assumption is that sister that he was being laid near is probably his fiance or something who may have also been killed then, or maybe it was next to his own sister. But also that doesn't add up too, because we'll figure out something else here later on. But okay, things just don't. It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: And do we get to learn who Louise is?
Speaker 1: That's all we know about Louise?
Speaker 2: What that shit?
Speaker 1: That is all we know about Louise.
Speaker 2: Thirteen roses so that took sometimes thirteen isn't necessarily a good number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also you're thinking Baker's doesn't though too, right, Yeah, okay, so because nowadays we just go a dozen roses that's standard, but oftentimes like Baker's doesn't because if you drop one or one goes bad or one dares right.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, it is noted though, that after the funeral service, a woman phoned the Canzie Citist Journal Post newsroom to inform them to inform them that they did get him a proper burial and he's not at rest in a potter's grave. Now. They asked the woman to identify herself, but she simply said, never mind, I know what I'm talking about, and then, when pressed further about if she knew anything else about the man, she replied, he got into a jam, then hung up the phone.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you could consider that a jam for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you killed I'm pretty sure you got yourself into a jam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just saying yeah, But I mean also that I don't know. I'm just going back to the people that heard the voices and stuff in his room, and they were men. But I guess just because the women got their revenge doesn't necessarily mean that men didn't still kill him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, my brain just me. I'm just thinking out loud here.
Speaker 1: If there are men involved like this, Dawn, potentially he could have been someone for hire.
Speaker 2: Okay, see I envisioned down being a woman.
Speaker 1: Don. Well it's spelled d o N, not Dawn.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Okay, I for some reason just went that I was a woman.
Speaker 1: Okay, like my dad, his name is Don e O N. Yeah right, and typically when you see a female spelling, it's dawn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, So, Okay, where.
Speaker 1: Am I here? Now? I completely lost track of what I was doing.
Speaker 2: You got this? Okay?
Speaker 1: I found it. It seemed like no one would be able to identify the man who was murdered in ten forty six, that he'd be laid to rest as a stranger, even in his new grave, and these mystery mysterious callers and history basically would only ever refer to him as his alias right roll, which is so odd. That is, until one more phone call would come in and identify him.
Speaker 2: Okay, spill.
Speaker 1: It was about a year and a half later, in nineteen thirty six, a woman named Ruby Ogletree from Alabama phoned the police. She phoned the individuals who were responsible for in his investigation, and she's like, hey, I was reading an article that was written in the American Weekly about this case with a photo of the man, and she claimed that this man looked a lot like her son, who was hitchhiking in California in nineteen thirty four. She was able to give enough identifying features of the man, including the scar over his left ear by his hairline, to confirm that this was her son. Wow, and his name was Artemis Ogletree, which I fucking love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought Roland was a cool name, and it's got better.
Speaker 1: Hey Artemis Ogletree.
Speaker 2: Wow, fuck, I.
Speaker 1: Wish that was my name.
Speaker 2: If Ben ever changes his name, that's going to be it.
Speaker 1: Hey, if I ever have an alias, you damn rights, it's going to be Artemis ogle Tree. Like that is a pretty cool name that flows so good, it seems dope. I'm mister ogle Tree. My name's Artemis Artemis ogle Tree, Like hell yeah, like almost a name.
Speaker 2: Like that, that man's going to do stuff or good things in his life.
Speaker 1: Just picture this. Just think of like a documentary or something memoir or some sort of thing about this guy's life. And it's just titled The Adventures of Artemis ogle Tree. Like holy shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're judging a book by its cover, you'd grab that one.
Speaker 1: Yes, this dude is doing some cool.
Speaker 2: Shit, except that he got got murdered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he was definitely doing some shit.
Speaker 2: He's doing something. He's literally really was on.
Speaker 1: Some sort of adventure. Didn't lead him down the right path, but he was doing some adventure and that's for sure. Anyways, Well, Artemis was hitchhiking. He did start out writing letters to his mom while traveling, but did eventually stop. Now there is one only one problem here. She was still receiving letters after he was killed.
Speaker 2: Really, I was drinking wine at that time.
Speaker 1: But I was like, what, I don't know if anyone literally heard Nicole's gulp in the microphone.
Speaker 2: Still writing letters to her after he had supposedly died.
Speaker 1: Yes. Wow. So in early nineteen thirty five, she received a typed letter which she found very suspicious, which said he She said she that he didn't know how to type, so that was a big thing right there, and it was written in a very informal style that didn't suit his normal writing. So she was very weirded out by this letter a bit. And then in May of nineteen thirty five, another letter that was handwritten said that he was heading off to Europe. Now, in August, she received a phone call from a man in Tennessee claiming that Artemis had saved his life and the Artemis couldn't actually call her himself because he was living in Kyro, Egypt, where he had married a wealthy woman.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: So this man she was on the phone with talked to her for about half an hour Now she was leary of this man and said that he was like kind of off his fucking rocker. But he did also seem to have personal first hand knowledge of her son. Wow, so clearly he at least knew him. So why would some of this stuff he's saying be a lie?
Speaker 2: Okay, my brain is what Also that one letter that she got in like, may was it his handwriting or like was it his writing?
Speaker 1: We'll touch on that shortly. Okay. They did look up manifest for shift ships heading to Cairo within those timelines, and no manifest was ever found. Having an Artemis or Roland Court. Now police had the man's real name and some more information, they were actually able to do a bit more investment gating. They didn't find much more though, but they did find that under the name Armis, he'd actually stayed at another hotel a few nights prior which he did say, he did say, and he had shared a room with another man. Okay, that individual is unknown. Now, the theory here is that that man may have been the quote Dawn that we had that written note and the conversations to while he was staying in the infamous ten forty six. So the final piece to this puzzle, though still only speculation comes in the form of a man named Joseph Martin. Now, Joseph was later arrested on murder charges for killing a man in a hotel room that they shared a hotel with and then later shoving his body into the trunk of his car. One of Joseph's aliases that he used Donald Kelso.
Speaker 2: Oh, my god, my brain. I'm so fucking confuse right now. Okay, first of all, when he was in this, I have questions because I don't know what the fuck's going on right now. So when we had when he was at a hotel with the other man, was he checked in as Roland or.
Speaker 1: Artemis Artemis, which is why they didn't find it before.
Speaker 2: Okay, and now Don has been murdered. No, no, Dawn murdered someone else.
Speaker 1: Don has never been identified this mysterious Dawn. However, the theory is there's this individual named Joseph Martin also committed and is charged for another hotel murder. Okay, one of his aliases is Don is Donald Kelso.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Now back to that written letter to Artemis's mother, That handwriting just so happens to match Donald Kelso, Joseph Martin whatever you want to call him.
Speaker 2: Not Artemis though, No, not Artemis.
Speaker 1: But it does match this guy who is now charged for another murder.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, this is this is all over the place.
Speaker 1: No full connection has ever been made, which means no criminal charges have ever been filed in Artemis's murder case in room ten forty six. This case is still unsolved. It is still a mystery.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is wild. You always do these fucking cases that everyone.
Speaker 1: Just like and they're like, er, yeah, so you didn't like this case.
Speaker 2: No, I do like this, But now I'm like the rest of my day, I'm gonna be fucking thinking about.
Speaker 1: It, thinking about Artemis Ogle Tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm just like so curious if that actually was Artemis in that room. But then they had photos and the mom said that was so.
Speaker 1: They're pretty damn sure that's Armaments. It's like the features and everything she gave, Like, this is fucking him.
Speaker 2: But it also makes sense that he would have died in that other hotel room. He shared the room with the Joseph guy, Joseph Don or Don Joseph or whatever.
Speaker 1: The fuck If it is him who did it. Yeah, I mean there's so much speculation revolving around this case. And that's the thing that I started at the beginning. It is a mystery. It's an unsolved case, but there's information here that says it might actually be solved. We just don't have the evidence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, prove it. Yeah, Well would you say this is solved?
Speaker 1: I think we might have found our killer, but I don't think the case in itself is unsolved because clearly there's other individuals who are involved. Yes, these jilted women for example, He's clearly created this. I was gonna say love triangle, but there's more people involved for it to be a love triangle. There's three other women in total. At least we have someone who wanted him to be having a proper burial. Who is that? Have another individual who might be one of these three women who said, you know that sent the love letter to his grave with roses? So who's that? How is she involved? And if it is this whole like love relationship, how did this Joseph guy aka Donald or don how did he become involved? Is he just for hire? Is he related to one of these women?
Speaker 2: Is he maybe their new love interest?
Speaker 1: Potentially, maybe he's actually someone who works with Artemis on some other thing, and it's something else completely And there's just two things that just happened to be going at the same time, and one of them is what killed them, and we're looking at the other for how this one's involved, when really it's not even involved at all. What if those women didn't get their revenge? What if someone else got to him for something else completely different?
Speaker 2: First, and what happens is if Artemis was in that other room with Joseph, maybe they killed someone else. Could have been someone else. Yeah, maybe Artemis is a killer himself.
Speaker 1: Maybe so, I think we found the individual to kill Artemis. But the whole last story revolving around what had happened, how it all happened. Yeah, no fucking clue.
Speaker 2: Mm Wow, this is an interesting one.
Speaker 1: Hey, yep, I found this one and read it.
Speaker 2: You and you're Reddit Love Reddit.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you guys enjoyed it. Hopefully the audio wasn't too echoey. I know, the dogs were walking around a couple times, and we're taking SIPs and cans getting set down on the table and.
Speaker 2: Stuff people outside, But hopefully.
Speaker 1: It was still enjoyable. Hopefully that maybe some of the post editing can take out some of that extra noise for you and you don't even tell the fucking difference. There you go, and hopefully you just had a wicked time.
Speaker 2: There you go. Yeah, and our drinks are both done at this perfect time. Hey, look at us.
Speaker 1: Right To wrap all this up, all of our information is down below if you want to find our website social media is our Patreon where you can join and give some extra support to the show and get all that extra behind the scenes content like a new episode at the end of the month that is exclusive to Patreon. All those links are down below.
Speaker 2: No, so should we go hit up a beach?
Speaker 1: I think we should. Let's go chill, relax and get some content for filming those lugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do some adventure and de stress.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna throw a beer in my back too because I need another or vacation mode.
Speaker 2: What else do you do on vacation?
Speaker 1: You drink and do True crime podcast.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening everyone, and thanks for being here. You guys are all awesome and until next time, stay wicked.