Speaker 1: Good news are the bad news? First, I'll let you choose before we share with the audience good news or bad news. Good news, good news. We were able to fix it, so you want the bad news.
Speaker 2: I mean I would prefer not to. But okay, we were able to fix it.
Speaker 1: That's for us though, so we don't get to we don't get an extra day vacation. So but the good news for the audience, bad news for us got to work.
Speaker 2: The podcast will be thirty minutes short or twenty minutes. Yeah, yeah, because we're not going to include that first thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, I understand. So all right, well that's that's how things go. So oh it is okay, no sir, it didn't postpone me. Now people are trying to look at the o I appreciate that people are trying to look at the upside. They're like, hey, the good news is it's less time you get to torture me with weird moon bad audio and weird moonbat singing. All right, button bar, please let's make sure that works. I guess we did in troubleshoot that all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Nope, sorry, yeah, I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: You have to understand this morning, both Ross's studio and my studio are completely upended. I have a huge filing cabinet in my because we're not in the same studio ever, right because Ross has the screen calls all that, and I have this big red filing cabinet that I mostly put snacks and booze in whatever judge me, and and that has been like dislodged from the wall and was placed directly adjacent to my board chairs removed god knows what else they touched. And Ross's studio suffered a similar or fate my next gen machine, which is where I play the audio. For whatever reason, that was I don't know, disconnected and connected.
Speaker 2: Try now, can I.
Speaker 3: Keep on fall, keep on moving, and yet y'all keep listening.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, never turning. Are you how are you able to get around the giant file cabinet.
Speaker 2: I had to sand my sandwich myself between it. So I came in this morning myself in my studio.
Speaker 1: And yeah, Ross's studio is equally jacked. I was just explaining what's going on in mind.
Speaker 2: So in front of my board instead of my normal chair, there's like two chairs lined up side by side, which is super weird.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, no, somebody's not a wrapper.
Speaker 2: Chairs should be two chains.
Speaker 1: Anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, who was sitting at my board? I would feel like, you know, like Papa Bear. I'm like, who's been sitting in you know, my chair? And then I look up, but I'm like, oh, they put in like new lights because my lights in here haven't worked for like four or five years.
Speaker 1: The by the way, you've embraced that. Basically, he's like Batman, right.
Speaker 2: I do it like it's very like dark. But the fluorescent lights have not worked in forever, so you flipped a switch in nothing. But they've been doing all their modeling, so they put in apparently brand new fluorescent lights that it looks like a different style, looks really nice. But then I looked down at my board and my board is covered in white dust because because of the drop seal and stuff like the residue that fell on the board while they were putting the lights on. So yeah, now my board looks like Tony Man's board.
Speaker 1: You're speculating, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: You did you It's a hard job, you know, Yeah, yeah, those are the old days of radio not now all yeah, So now I'm going to be sneezing and gross because I'm I'm inhaling all this crap and it's so boss.
Speaker 1: Man Travorre says, this is all going to be done in two weeks. Are you buying that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You think?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right? You have more confidence than I do, man, And I think he's equally as nervous, just because you know they were running. You start gotting a building with one thousand miles of audio cable and conduit and everything up in there, things get real complex, real quick. And they didn't have a window on the seventh floor for like weeks, which I don't know. I probably just got somebody in trouble with this city, Like how does that work? Man?
Speaker 2: But it was super weird. It was weird rolling into work yesterday because I came in at about like three thirty three forty five.
Speaker 1: You got here super Yeah.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I've been doing like commercials and stuff because we have vacation coming up, so I've been like trying to budget my time. And I came in at like three thirty three forty five and the parking lot was full of vans and pickup trucks and people in like construction gear, and I'm like, they're gonna think I'm like part of the crew and be like, who the hell is this guy? So I roll up and they're.
Speaker 1: Also the new guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They're just like all staring at me, and I'm like, I'm actually going into I'm going into the bill. And they ended up being who they were. They were there all the painters, they painted yesterday, like the entire day.
Speaker 1: And and and I can't tell you the number of times, not with construction, but over the years. Remember remember when G one O five had the they had an audience on Friday, obviously, and so I can't tell you the number of times on Friday where I made the mistake of excuse me coming in the lower lobby and they're all around there, and somebody in the group would take it upon themselves to like order me to wait, Oh, we're here first.
Speaker 2: Right right. Yeah. It was sort of like, yeah, I was like, no, I work here, I'm going inside have a fop and I.
Speaker 1: Don't even talk to him. I'm like I'll just be like you wait. And then but I had one lady one time he just got really nasty with me and she stood and she was leaning again. She was leaning, uh, and it was normal where she was leaning. She was in front of the door, was covering the thob scan because it's technically it's on the wall kind of adjacent to the door. And I'm just like, She's like, they haven't let us in yet, and I'm like, I know I need to scan in. She goes, no, they they'll come down. And I'm sitting and I think. I'm also like I'm in, Like I'm running late too, and and the last thing I need because I get everything booted up. Whatever is this woman getting that? So I scanned in and uh, she made them she moved, so I scanned it. I opened the door and I saw that she was going to try to walk in with me, and I literally turned around and I got in, pulled the door shut and just went got on there.
Speaker 2: That's why we have the company supplied the at least I bring it everywhere. The iHeart bear mace. Oh catch that. Don't want to catch that, you loon?
Speaker 1: Do you ever tell my bear mace story on the air when I was in the boundary waters?
Speaker 2: I don't think so you want to hear bear?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure do? Okay, all right, all right, so this is under stand this is in the fall too. So this was a trip we take every year in October, and we called it the Gator and Grouse, right, and it's a grouse and then the Gators for the purpose of the story, or Northern Pike. And we go all the way in on Bass Lake. And so you got to like portage if you know anything about the boundary Waters or some of these remote areas. You literally have to keep the rollers in your boat and then you have to load it push your boat, you know, a few hundred yards onto the next iconogy. So we're three lakes in, we're in the middle of nowhere, and one of the dudes is not down for this. He's a city boy. He got the invite. He's a nice guy. He's absolutely convinced a bear or a wolf's gonna eat him. There's lots of wolves in the boundary waters. There's lots of bears, but this is in northern Minnesota, so they're black bears whatever. And also you got to you've probably seen the cold weather fishing gear. It's called ice armor, but it's a coverall, and that's going to be important for the story. So it's you know, it's all on your body and then it's got the shoulder straps and you wear a coat. Over in the boundary waters near the camp sites they have designated campsites, there is you know, fifty to one hundred yards away, there is a toilet sitting in the middle of the woods. There's nothing around it. It's just the throne and then it goes into an underwater or underwater into essentially a septic eCos septic system. So you're in the you walk up the hill and that's where the bathroom is. So this guy assumes that a bear or wolf is going to eat him, and he's most terrified that they're going to do it while he's on the throne. So he has a giant thing of bear mace and it's the one and I mean like with the handle on it, like it looks like a fire extinguisher handle. And a second or third night there, it's just getting dark. We come in. We cooked up some walleye we caught and mate, maybe some grouse whatever it was. I seem to remember it was a successful grouse strip. And he's like, well, I'm going up there, and he grabs his bear mace and he grabs a pistol because you know, we got firearms we're hunting grouse, but also a pistol, and he goes up there. We're not thinking anything about it. We had, you know, had some beers or whatever, because you know, priorities, and all of a sudden, from one hundred yards away up the hill in the woods, we hear him yelling his head off, and we can hear the bear spray being deployed because it makes a you know, it's very quiet there and it makes a you know, an aerosol kind of sound, and then we can hear it getting closer and him getting closer, him getting closer. All of a sudden, he emerges out of the woods, goes right un passed us, runs into the tent and we couldn't and I'm like, why'd he running the tent? And I realized then he emerged with a shotgun, and we're like, dude, well, I'm not even gonna say his name, what the hell's going on? And he's just like, man, I think there's a bear up there. I think that I was up there, and I think there's a bear up there. We never saw a bear. I don't know whether it was a bear or not. However, remember how I mentioned he's wearing coveralls ross and how they go up over your shoulder and kind of contain everything. So when he heard whatever he heard. Oh, by the way, the pistol wasn't loaded, which is why he was running back for it, which I'll let you make your own judgment call. He brought an unloaded pistol with him. He didn't stop what he was doing once he pulled the coveralls up and started to run. Do you understand what I'm getting at? So he kept doing the thing he had walked up the hill to do into the coveralls while he's spraying bear Mason running and screaming like a girl. Sorry girls. And because it was moments after he's explaining to us, a guy by the name of Tim Lestmeister's an outdoor rider who's with us, goes, what is that smell? And then it it simultaneously dawned upon everybody, and then he went into the tent, his tent. We had a couple of tents there, and thankfully I was not sharing a tent with him. He went into his tent and he didn't emerge for like twenty minutes. Then he goes down to the water and you know, it's cool, white and so whatever. No conversation for like an hour, and then he just sits down to eat and we all pretend like it didn't happen, but we all knew.
Speaker 2: It happened, Like he didn't poop and pee himself after he saw Was there an actual bear or was it just a We never saw it, like a deer or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said he heard something and it sounds did big, and so we got him to admit that he never saw a bear around, but he heard a bear. And I'm and I'm like, do you how do you know what a bear sounds like?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Mostly they don't sound like anything unless they're, you know, they're rooting around for something. Then he could sound like a deer. They could sound like a damn squirrel jumping from tree to tree.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: So to this day that follows him around that story. I only wish that one of us was always with him to tell any new people he meets, because that's a banger man. We laughed so hard and by the way, we the first night nobody broached the topic really excep Then the rest of the trip, people would randomly be like like when we're walking through we're walking through the woods grouse hunting, you know, you put.
Speaker 2: Your arm out, Stop stop?
Speaker 1: What is that? Is that a bear? And just that turned into the rest of the trip. So poor guy had like three more days of that. So there you go. There's my bear Maze story. And and uh it's uh, it's a doozy. All right, what is this, Boston Paul? Do you do any show? I did do show prep, Boston Paul, But I wanted to tell that bear may story. I think it's a good story.
Speaker 2: I'm sort of the same way with my iHeart bear Mace when it comes to craze listeners. Like, if I hear something in the lobby at like four in the morning, whatever it is. If you're behind me, you're getting mased.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could be somebody who's on the fourth floor just getting into work early.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: I take your life in your own hands there.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: All right, this is.
Speaker 1: Nice. Somebody doesn't want me to make cocaine jokes. It's not actually cocaine. It's ceiling tile. People are so weird, man. All right, let me tell you about this thing. So this morning, although actually, let me do this. Let me hit the brake and then I'll come back and then we'll get into the we'll get into the real stories. Okay, I've got lots of audio to get to. So Trump is now getting ready to and they said the essentially sent a letter to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting getting ready to try to remove funding from NPR, PBS, or as it was explained during during the Romney jaunt into this, getting ready to murder Big Bird, I believe was the way that they ross was Is that accurate? Then they say they were gonna Romney went to murder Big Bird or kill big Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it was all over the news. That was the thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, never mind that that show is obscenely merch profitable and could sustain itself and actually it sustains other shows too, But that wasn't a good narrative. So so we'll get into the response that I've seen. And it is crazy how Trump can just trick people into doing what he wants. I don't even know if it's four D chess. I think it's just an intuition of a natural reaction. And I'm gonna I'm just gonna read verbatim here and it directs the Corporation for Public Broadcasting Board of Directors. So just so we're clear, and you probably realize it from watching, you know, PBS programming back in the day, there'd be that moment where and brought to you by a grant from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. So we don't give money directly to NPR or PBS kind of well, NPR more, PBS more so, nondirect there's there's like everything else. It's it's never that easy, but it comes through the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. So they get the money, they allocate it then to PBS, NPR as well as like partner programs things like that. Okay, so he said that quote the directors will cease federal funding for NPR and PBS, which doesn't CLAUWB. It'll be up to Congress to claw back the funding. But he's saying you can't then funnel it to them. So what the craziest thing is. I retweeted a PBS tweet saying, hundreds of thousands in the US and around the world rally Thursday in May Day Comedy Day protests. I said, comedy They didn't that united. Many in anger over Trump's agenda of aggressive terrorists stoking fears of global economic turmoil. And here's the deal. If you think that his tariffs can cause global economic turmoil, which you're right, that's correct, then you also have to admit the unique bargaining power that the US has because Sri Lanka isn't causing global economic turmoil with tariff threats, but the US can, and you have failed to recognize that in any of your programming. But what's craziest is under the tweets talking about this both stories is a bunch of moonbats saying, ah, there to fight back. We're going to up our donations, all right. So I was reading something rather interesting this morning, by the way, coming up on the show at is Friday, and we will chat with our radio buddy Pete Calender. That'll be at well one hour from now, so set your watch. There you go. So I was reading, in fact, let me let me make sure that I have it here, a a rather interesting article on the Shedur Sanders. Here we go. Ross Tucker is the guy's name. Look at that? Ross? Should I trust a guy named Ross? Probably?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Look at that? All right? So he does? I think he used to write for Outkicker, maybe he still does. And then a couple of different networks. And then he does pretty popular podcasts football podcasts, and so he's and he's got he's got a pretty quote close relationships with several teams. And he did something that frankly, I wish other journalists had thought to do. He went to a couple teams. Now he doesn't disclose what teams, so you have to because he redacted of the information there. However, he asked them, He goes, all right, do you have anything of any analysis where there's a paper trail that you did on Shador Sanders, not around the draft, but like while he was playing in college? Right, obviously you guys talk about this stuff, so you know, between scouts and gms and all of that. And he was able to cobble together a rather interesting little uh. And let me just I didn't send it to Ross to uh do the audio, so I'll just read it to you. And and and then when he started people were texting. Once once I guess teams got a whiff of what he was looking for, people started texting him because again, you know, you had people that are claiming that the NFL was doing was really needed a quarterback, excuse me, choked up. And what he was able to gather was like a paper trail. So like, hey, here's an email from April of last year, right, Or here's an email you know with the spring scout of the spring game stuff, or here's you know, college football exchanges, right. Because you're an NFL scout or somebody in the front office, you're watching college football and you're evaluating people. You're constantly watching tape. And what what it shows is that even when you know, before Shador had even declared for the draft, when he was still playing at Colorado, the people were starting to assess him, and they were not assessing him as a first rounder. In fact, they were assessing him as a quote Day two or Day three draft. And then they would talk about how, you know, he's a pocket passer with more limited mobility than we would like, or they you know, they would say things like that. And so what emerged and let me just read verbatim from Tucker here. He said, the disconnect between how the media saw Schaudur Sanders and how NFL team saw Sanders was as big as we've ever seen in the history of the draft. So and you know, and he's got he's got the uh, he's got the email or he's got communications. Now, I guess if you still want to die on this. So he'd be like, well, they clearly they made them up. I don't think so. I think in the normal course of you know, text exchanges, emails, those kinds of things, a picture emerges that most of the teams that he talked to, right, he did obviously didn't talk to all of them, but he reached out to teams that were in the hey, we need a quarterback game, and well he doesn't say which ones, and probably not the Browns, but it's pretty clear that this is what you talk about. This is this is the difference between reporting the news with you know, no fear or favor or and kind of creating the news story. And it's very damning of the media, right because while they're analysts, and of course the lunatic who has gotten so many draft things wrong, it's it's unclear why he's on there. They had, like I've mentioned before, they've fallen into this thing where the sports media is now is as woke as the rest of the media, and so they realized that this thing looking like some you know, conglomeration of evil white owners conspiring against a poor African American quarterback. As I saw it put in another article, it was the media is doing. They created the story, they hyped the story. They were outraged by this, so I couldn't believe this was happening. And the reality is that decision makers didn't see Sanders there, at least on a few of the teams. That makes a lot more sense. That makes a lot more sense than watching something because if you honestly thought Sanders had potential, there's too much money at stake, do you know what I'm saying. Yeah, there's a certain headache factor with his dad and and uh some of it, you know, like flashing the rolex they at the rest of the crowd, if you worry about those things. But what teams most worry about is if I give this guy a crap ton of money, will he be able to come in and be the leader for my football team and winness games? And I'm sorry all you know when you get into these allegations. Now, there are off field issues, but off field issues are on field issues. If you've got a guy like pac Man Jones, who was immensely talented it's a very good football player, but can't stop literally beating up the security staff for the Dallas Cowboys. That becomes an issue. If you have somebody who has had multiple you know, pops on on on his on a test for you know, either illicit drugs or steroids, these are all issues. If you have somebody who likes to go around killing people, you know, like the Patriots had well and to some extent the Panthers with the Ray cru thing that one time. But but if you get win of activity like that, I've told you. I told you the story about one of the Vikings players who because we would have Vikings players come in because we're the Viking station of Minneapolis and Jared Allen, who was an absolute beast. Didn't Jared Allen play for you guys, to Ross, I think you played for the Bills too, right at the end of his career. I'm trying to remember. Yeah, but absolute beasts from Minnesota. The dude was also like a country boy man. I think it's from Oklahoma or something or Kansas, but he was. He was redneck man. And that's why I love talking to him because like he think you're from Wyoming and he loved to kill stuff. He loved to kill stuff, and so he on the radio on the radio one time said that we were talking about hunting, and I said, so like you now, you you know, obviously you got the money to hunt whatever you want. What do you want to do? And it wasn't go to New Zealand to get red stag or go you know, get this crazy thing over in one of the stands. He's like, I want to I want to kill a bear with a knife, jumping out of a tree or a spear. I think you said a spear, and we had He subsequently came in and uh, he said that one of the people at the vikings reminded him that he can't do that because they're paying him a bunch of money. I don't know that he can't do it. They're like, yeah, we really don't want you to jump from a tree with a spear to kill a bear while you're under contract, which makes perfect sense, by the way, I'm sure now he's spearing bears is a retired player. But yeah, so when people are scratching their heads and now the media is doing this whole you know, they've been doing this whole thing where they're just say, how could this have happened? It happened because you and NFL teams were never on the same page, and you never really asked either, You never really investigated it. You just threw him in. Hey, this guy's he's going to top twenty, I think is where ESPN landed. Hey, he's going And then when your prediction doesn't come true, and you never query the people who make the actual decisions, now, whila, here's your story. So I just it was it was entirely predictable, but also I think really explains how we got to where we were with this. And again, you know, they find the Falcons two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, and they find the coach of the kid who gave his buddy the number to make that phone call, the prank phone call one hundred thousand dollars, but never never Rutch. And by the way, there were multiple players in this draft that got crank called, just so we're clear. But also they you're not retroactively going back with the guy for Eagles last year who was kind of the famous one who got it. Why aren't you looking into how that happened? Same setup and in that case. It was also one of the NFL provided phones, which means somebody got access to the number, and there's no interest to figure that out. This is a one hundred percent media driven narrative story of their own creation. It's a nothing burger and and and the prank call thing is a nothing burger because it's happened before you could think it's mean. But you still have people like we gotta find They find a guy one hundred thousand dollars and his employer a quarter million bucks. Just think about that over over a prank phone call. That's crazy. I know the NFL love finding people for all sorts of stuff within their own little realm, but it's uh unless you're gonna go back and you're gonna look at it in other settings. Nobody takes it seriously. It is all reactionary and and and it is the media driving almost all of this. I told you I used to I used to have to go to the post games in the locker room for the vikings to get sound, and I was blown away when I went to my first NFL press Common difference there. You know, post game, I'd have to go to the visitors' locker room and then the Vikings locker room, and I have to go back and forth, and I very rarely asked a question because I was just wanting to get sound and get out of there. But the number of questions that were clearly not about football but were about woke crap blew me away, and a lot of it doesn't get aired. Now it gets aired. You see it in the press conferences, and it creates these moments where some reporter who is who is on a mission to drag something that has nothing to do with the game in there, like, hey, did you see on the news this thing that's causing racial strife happened? What do you think as a black player in the NFL? They'd ask questions like that, or they pestor coaches. Remember they had We had two black coaches at the for the College Football Championship, and thankfully neither of them would take the bait. But that's the garbage you get in there, and it's about creating the story and not covering the story. And it's it's exactly why people are many people are happy that their money is not going to go to PBS or NPR. Remember do you remember the response on the Hunter Biden laptop from public broadcasting. They issued one statement on it, and it just said, we don't like this, we don't think it's real, blah blah blah, We're not even going to investigate. It's just it's just it's a distraction. And then they never talked about it. They never had any intellectual curiosity about the fact that that might be real, that might be real. Remember what we did to verify it? What did we do? We got Rudy Julian Juliani on literally the day after it happened, to put him on the radio show and had him without I just wanted to explain it, and it made a lot of sense the way it was explaining it. And then, of course now we know it was real and there was just too much out there to never question it. So not sad about that, not at all. But the sports thing is uh entirely predictable. All right, boy, where do we even want to start? Where do we want to start? Well, let's start with this. I'm going to take a break when we come back. I've got multiple I got a couple of different congressional insanity stories. The fact that Hank Johnson is still a member of Congress.
Speaker 5: If you.
Speaker 1: If you don't remember who Hank Johnson is, I'll remind you in just a moment. On the case O Day radio program, the where's he? I think he's what Georgia. I think is Georgia. It doesn't matter, famously said this stored. Uh, some sort of committee hearing Uh oh, one of the somebody oversight it's oversight on military. I'm not sure which committee it was. And he's got, you know, one of the generals sitting there, and he asked him this, my.
Speaker 4: Fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and uh and capsize. Uh.
Speaker 6: We don't anticipate that.
Speaker 1: It's the most political answer. That poor general just sit there. He's like, oh, man, I should be anywhere but here. So he decided he wanted to weigh in on all the immigration stuff. Now, the eventual story why Hank Johnson made that Guam comment was that he was suffering from undiagnosed uh, one of the STDs. It's not necessarily an STD. I can't remember what it was, and it was frying in his brain. But then he got re elected again and again, well, luckily he's reelected, so he can say this yesterday.
Speaker 2: Because I'm not a Latino at the home depot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So he's sitting there and in this, in this back and forth and decided to throw what Frankly, I think any white member of Congress would cause them to be well, I should say any Republican member of Congress would cause them to be the news.
Speaker 2: Because I'm not a Latino at the home depot.
Speaker 1: I ran out of the time there. I was trying to do a three for on the Congressional audio and let me play one more cut and I'm gonna grab a phone call. And for that we go to our new favorite congresswoman, Jasmine Crockett. So, yeah, who also had some thoughts, also had some thoughts on immigration and through this banger out here, and really it's a question for you. So here we go. See see if maybe you have an answer for it in your head. Okay, here we go, Jasmine Crockett, share your wisdom please.
Speaker 7: As far as i'm you randomly kidnapping folk and you're throwing them out of the country, against their civil rights, against their constitutional rights. And frankly, how would they feel if some other country decided that they were going to just start throwing people randomly in our country like that. That is absolutely insane.
Speaker 1: Ross, can you even imagine that?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention. So in the studio, Josh isn't here. He's in charge of the construction on the floor, and his boss heard today that he was doing a crap job, and I'm like, no, no, we're just messing around. We're playing because of the issues you had with the border earlier. Yeah, I just wanted to throw it out there that Josh has done an amazing job and the construction's been.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no beef with no beef with Josh. No, no, no. We were documented, like we can tell that they're working there, but that is not what the issue was. The issue was a piece of equipment that there was two things we had to reset swap the cable and it.
Speaker 2: Was fine, right, So let's just give Josh an atta boy, right yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And Ross loves and Ross really loves huffing the new paint.
Speaker 2: So yeah, No, I came in this morning and like all the residue is on the board and it looks like I'm like, you know, I'm like, no, that's dude, that's not what it looks.
Speaker 1: Like you're not scarface.
Speaker 2: I am not scarface. I'm not. That's that's from the lights. Yeah, it's from the residue of the drop ceiling. So the story broud my crocket thing, and you know it's great, but Josh isn't here. Like dude, my boss this morning said I was doing a bad job. I no, no, not enough.
Speaker 1: They're banging a lot at all. No, no, no, no, we were. We were speculating just on the enormity of what they're trying to do, and and the fact that once you open the ceiling, every cable you've ever thought of is is up there. I'm surprised it hasn't collapsed and killed us over the years. There's so much condo it up.
Speaker 2: Let me ask this, Josh, when do you think it's going to be completed?
Speaker 1: Hearing about a couple of weeks, We're we're knocking on the door right now, so it's gonna be done soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like it too. It looks like it's like it's like, all you.
Speaker 1: Know, I have trust in Josh. You know I have trust in Josh. Is that his accent completely?
Speaker 2: Get it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you had a Massachusetts and tell Josh if you selling you was from Boston, I would have no confidence in it. I'd be like, yeah, that ain't happening. No, just be drunk in another room somewhere screaming about the Patriots or something.
Speaker 2: All right, No, no, no, no, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Josh's boss. We're good. We're just teasing. And the issue this morning wasn't anything new. It was literally a piece of our equipment.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, it's all internet stuff. Yeah yeah, so, uh.
Speaker 1: Just we're good. So all right, sorry, Josh, apologize for that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, back to the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel bad and want to get a guy fired. It clearly wasn't what we were going for.
Speaker 2: Now, No, Josh is great. Jasmine Crockett idiot, Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if other countries were just dumping people in our country?
Speaker 2: No, I can't believe it. Is she unaware that that's actually what's happened, Like, does she not?
Speaker 1: That's literally what Venezuela did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had all these people and they're like, we don't want these people. What should we do do with them? Hey, let's send them to America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not an exaggeration. And by the way, going back to Cuba. Right, What was the Tom Hanks movie where he negotiated the release of the with East Berlin form. No, he probably did. He did everything else. No, it was a Bridge of Spies. It was a pretty good Have you seen Bridge of Spies? I tritty to watch it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I couldn't get into it. I just think of the you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I would. I'd encourage another go at it. That same lawyer who Hanks plays is literally the dude who went down to Cuba to try to get some of the failed Bay of Pigs. Dudes left and they at the end they have this thing where they're like, he was sent down to negotiate for the release of eight hundred people and he brought back five thousand. Do you know why he brought back five I think the number. I don't know what the exact number is, but it's way way more because Cuba's like, yeah, yeah, we'll give you a bunch of people. And then they offloaded prisons and sent them to America. And also, uh, there's Australia, so that's that's the whole thing. And uh, if you remember, that was a prison colony. So although it wasn't a country at the time, per se. So there you go. All right, here we go. Let me grab a quick phone call Jay.
Speaker 8: What's up, Jacy, you were us and Josh, have a good weekend. It's coming up on you. Uh, just want to talk about the brain trust of the Democratic Party, came Jefferys, Corey Booker and Jasmine Crockett. Uh, the Democratic Party. I think they're going the way of the Whigs with eighty million people, and they opposed the will of eighty million people. And as I said, they said to Ross, they've got ears but do not hear. They have eyes but do not see. There are lost species and whatever. I don't know how you feel about this phrase, but whatever God wants, the Democrats do not want. They have the opposite of that.
Speaker 1: And that they booed God during their the d n C and Charlotte that one year when they were putting platform together. So I don't think it's unfair to maybe think that because they booed God. So there's that. Yeah, I I do have to correct this. Yeah, well I want to correct you. You said, yeah, you got a weekend coming up. No, no, sir, we have a weekend, then a whole week and then another weekend because we're off next week. Yeah, I just I have to say it because if I could spend thanks for the call, Jay, I could say it for all three hours of today's show and well ross what will happened at our Twitter account and our emails at six oh five on Monday morning? Were you guys fired? You can fire what happened? And some people are joking a lot, aren't, So I just I try to say it as much.
Speaker 2: Do you think of going back to what Jay said, Like you see the reaction from ian O with the reporter telling them to f off, and you've seen this sort of this. They seem like they're very tense and on edge. Do you think it kind of leads one to believe that the polling is completely incorrect when it says to like Trump's job approval and they know, like like Jay said, there's sort of like an endangered species, like it's not going well for them.
Speaker 1: Well, so, I was very sad to learn that they've stopped all the trips to El Salvador, so clearly internally they're looking at polling going this is not good, which is a shame because I really wanted to go to El Salvador and like hang out in the hotel lobby where they're staying at the Sheridan Resort there, because in that you can see in some of the video where they're doing it, the uh literally you can see the hotel name or on the wall there. But now there they were gonna send a whole contingent, they decided not to. So to your point, there's clearly internally some polling that they're looking at realizing that that's not a good thing. And I want to be clear, I have zero problems with OMAR or anybody telling a reporter to f off. I would encourage Republicans to do more of it, but maybe not use the word the F word. But you know me, I'm one of these people is like, Hey, if you know that any interview or any interaction you have with certain outlets is just going to be skewed, turned flipped and creatively edited, why would you talk to them? Why would any Republican comment on anything? Wr L has to say, They're not going to get a fair shake there, They're not going to get a fair shake, and yet they go in there and feed the beast. So it's just remember this is the Party of the journalists, right, even though the journalists all claim they're not part of the party. So all right, speaking of journalists of the weather varietal, mister Ray stage is here for us. It's going on, man much.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty good. Not as good as this dude who won the power Ball though, Oh who? I thought he had fu money and I didn't realize you still can't kick a cop in the.
Speaker 6: Face, so oh, yeah, you probably can't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't care. If you want one hundred and sixty seven point three million.
Speaker 6: Is that all you go to jail?
Speaker 1: Well, if that's after maybe that's after taxes.
Speaker 6: He would only get eighty million after taxes, so only only.
Speaker 1: I was going to give you eighty million. But clearly that's uh.
Speaker 6: I don't want that much. I did just pay my mortgage. I'm happy. I'll work. I like this job.
Speaker 1: You can still work. Can you imagine the Doppler you can buy? You could build your own harp and then make weather for you to talk about.
Speaker 6: I could go from Doppler one million to maybe Doppler two million, right, I could.
Speaker 1: I don't know how expensive those things are, so no, I don't know expensive.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I could have my own right in my backyard, have my own little globe, and everything'd be like young, that sounds pretty cool. I don't you have a weather I have a weather stick. Okay, same concept, but for the stick. Never made it outside. I listen, I am.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 6: I try not to offend anybody in the meteorological community. I'm not that meteorologist. I don't have a rain gage. I don't even have a thermometer I don't even have a thermometer outside.
Speaker 1: I'm not the rest of those people.
Speaker 2: But what is what is your train collection?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: What massive do you actually have?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so my train collection is massive.
Speaker 1: But I know other meteorologists that are not one of our local meteorologists. And Raleigh seems Don Swenneker is a friend of mine. Yeah good, good, good dude, I'm gonna tell me you said that. And he's he's a really tall, big dude too. So yes, thank you, guys. Think one would be amazing?
Speaker 6: That would be it would be it would be like the gorilla against one hundred men.
Speaker 1: Right, no, or he would be two gorilla really?
Speaker 6: Or ask Starling about Starling against the I robot cow we talked about today.
Speaker 1: Yes, so what what is the.
Speaker 6: The robot, the robot cow, the AI cow.
Speaker 1: It's just a Zuckerberg thing cow.
Speaker 6: No, something in Greenville with the cow, and it's yeah.
Speaker 1: Is the does the cow deny the Holocaust or not?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, it's got something to do with Microsoft's AI chat pot Uh. About five hours in on Twitter started telling people the Holocaust wasn't real. And yeah, I'm assuming some guy to go screaming into a room to unplug it.
Speaker 6: So that's why I'd be very, be very be very afraid. People ask. I'm like, I want no part of it. Nothing. I don't.
Speaker 1: Every time AI cow, we have to know more episode in our wheelhouse, all right, thing, yes we have to do this.
Speaker 6: But yeah, again today not much coverage. Yesterday we did go to ninety and Raleigh, middle eighties for Greensboro, Winston Salem, so that temperature spread about the same, mid upper eighties today. The sunshine with clouds and some isolated showers, thunder showers. There's a chance and again it's west. The further west you go that you might get a strong storm or too. It could be like one storm out there and you may have a strong storm with a little wind and hail. But that risk got great today, little better coverage tomorrow. The best coverage now looks like it'll probably be on Sunday at the scattered showers thunderstorms some tomorrow, but I think plenty of dry hours to mid eighties, and then on Sunday the rain chants up. Scattered showers thunderstorms keeps US cooler with less dry weather and less sunshine. Highs will be in the mid upper seventies. Might have showers Monday, but Tuesday Wednesday now look pretty good. So it kind of pushed the rain chants even into early next week now, but Tuesday Wednesday actually looking a lot better.
Speaker 1: So we'll see you left you bury the lead on this cow. Okay, it's a robot calf ai calf that walks around and talks to people, and it's PETA's creation.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I was more interested in the I was trying to go with the starling against the cows, where we eventually led to well that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Clearly, you can take this picture of it.
Speaker 2: I kicked the craps thing one rag versus one hundred Jim cantories.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, you know, yeah, let's do real kick you man. You gotta watch out all right, all right, thank you sir. We'll be convene in an hour. So there you go, race agic from the weather channel. H Ross, So would you check maybe there's audio here? Well, we'll figure this out. I have to talk about this. How did I not see this?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Hang on seven forty eight we'll be back. All right, Hang, we're doing very important research right now, so just chill. It'll be totally worth it. I'm gonna bring this up with Pete for sure. All right, send this to Ross here, o cow. So yeah, so this is Greenville, South Carolina's where this is not Greenville, North Carolina, but got a lot of coverage. Obviously it looks like in the Charlotte to TV Realm visitors to downtown Greenville this week may have been confronted by an AI powered robot calf approaching shoppers. Peta, who I have for years begged due to my one family history of raising beef cattle and my love of steaks and leather. I'm not I don't have a lot of leather, but I don't mind it, and you know, cows are delicious. I have yet to put a naked supermodel in a cage in front of the radio station, Like, what are you guys even doing. I'm willing to subject myself to your protest, and I have a list of models that would be appropriate for this, but you know, pick one. Wait, hold on, maybe don't say that in today's because the what is a model is wildly different from what it used to be. So yeah, yeah, if you guys want to protest me, go ahead. But the way this thing works is a three D. It's it's a it's one of the murder dogs. Okay, it's one of the Boston Dynamics murder dogs, except they have placed I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 1: It's like a costume you get for your pet. I guess a cow costume, but the head's a little more realistic. It's Frankenstein's monster and you'll see it. Will tweet out the link to you. But Ross is grab an audio. Ross, you get my email there, buddy, he's dubbing it in right now. I know he got my email because I just got an auto reply that says I'm on vacation and we'll return Monday.
Speaker 2: You're not on vacation, I am no. I can't load the audio. I it clearly says I'm on vacation.
Speaker 1: You can't auto You can't have an auto reply during the show.
Speaker 2: Apparently you can.
Speaker 1: I mean you're right. Physically you can, and technologically you can. Morally you can't.
Speaker 2: I've put in my hours for the day. All of this is additional. I got here super early today to.
Speaker 1: Cut a spot so you didn't have to bunch next week when you're not there.
Speaker 2: That is correct, So I am off. Technically, I'm doing this as a favor to you. Did you read the audip.
Speaker 1: What about your rad care about the It says I am on vacation and we'll return Monday five, twelve twenty five. Yes, I have a a reply. You know what, when I set it up, you give it the span and so if mine will kick on at nine o'clock today after the show and then uh and salespeople didn't get things to me before U out of luck? Probably so pet calender Middays WBT, He joins us. How are you doing this morning, sir?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm okay. I think yeah, I'm pretty good. I'm just here to code talk and put people in Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, you want to talk sports ball with us?
Speaker 9: Or sports ball?
Speaker 1: There's only one code talkers and they were Navajo and people should look it up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not Tim Walls, it's what uh like what lunacy. What he should have just said is I was selected because I was not Jewish, and and then that would be more accurate, probably right.
Speaker 9: And also it's a weird kind of a flex if, Like you're up there saying I'm the guy that they brought in because I could code talk with the young white males about working on pickup trucks and stuff, and it's like, yeah, dude, you lost the demographic.
Speaker 6: Bigley like, yeah.
Speaker 9: So you're so the thing you were brought in to do you failed at miserably.
Speaker 1: It's also a really horrible way to convince people because by what you're saying is that if you need somebody to because he also says, give them permission. I don't know if you played the audio show, yeah, he says code Time says give them permission. The implication is that white men are inherently racist or sexist, and you have to get them over that hurdle. So I'm one of these mushy middle voters, which they clearly didn't get. Your Your premise begins with me being a bigot of some sort right, I don't know. That's that's you win friends and uh and convince people of things.
Speaker 9: And also you're sending sending the message that like, these people are are kind of weak, right, Like I don't know who to vote for. I'm indecisive. Oh I don't know if I can vote for Kamala Harris because she's you know, a minority, she's a female, and oh my gosh, you know all these innate bigotries that I have that are just so powerful inside of me. But oh, thank goodness, so an older white dude told me that I can vote for her now, So I now have permission. Thank you for the permission. It just it doesn't make any sense. But that's I mean, that's Governor Tim Walls in a nutshell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm almost I'm almost. I'm not sad I don't live there anymore. But like, you know, Minnesota used to have normal governors. Even the guy before him, who was a Democrat, was just he was a Nepo baby. His parents started eventually what became Marshall Fields and then into Macy's. Macy's bought it, so he just kind of dabbles in politics. He was a senator for one terminent governor, and then Tim PLENNI was the governor for two cycles, so when I was there, and then Jesse Ventura, when I first started radio in Minnesota, was my first governor. And I still have my press credential which has an animated uh donkey on it. There's several versions of these uh and uh and uh. The other one I have is a jackal and he called it. It said media jackal on the press credential, so you could go in there and it was like rainbow colored. It's really weird. And we lost him. We lost Jesse Ventura for a few days. No, he literally got mad at the media at a at a press event called the Fishing Opener, rented a houseboat, drove it to the Canadian side of h of this big lake called Rainy Lake. WHI it's right up on the border, half in our country, half in Canada, and then just fished and smoked cigars and the whole media complex was like, did the governor die? Where is he? The staff would simply his staff was not even told he just he just left. He was a strange dude man.
Speaker 9: He did a Mark Sandford before Mark Stanford. I remember when I lost Mark Sandford.
Speaker 1: Again, are you against Yeah, yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 9: I remember, yeah, I remember covering. We were like this was all the news, like, oh my gosh, where's the governor of South Carolina? How will we function? What can we do? You know? And and I was like like yeah, I wasn't getting too worked up about it. It was South Carolina. No offense to South Carolina. But like, if the governor goes missing for a day or two, it's not that huge of a deal to me. But I just assume that people did know where he was. And then of course he came back and you know, he got caught in the airport by that reporter and he starts explaining himself or trying to. And then I was like, oh, okay, this guy has some problems.
Speaker 1: Well be talking about South Carolina. I need you to do me a favor. If you don't. How far is it from Charlotte to Greenville? I don't know the.
Speaker 9: Mine probably that yeah, like two and a half hours.
Speaker 1: I guess, all right, so you got time. I need you to go and capture the peda murder hound caw abot thing that's scolding people who wear leather with fun audio like this guy okay, all right. And by the way, I've watched three different news stations from Charlotte who went there to film and record this. Not one of them got the microphone anywhere near this thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: But in addition to say please don't buy leather and ask you if you're wearing its mother, and then goes on to detail in Peeda language the process of you know, getting leather and as gruesome a thing as possible, but mostly just stamps around and waves at you. I need this thing, go get it for me. Please?
Speaker 9: Could you hag ut my right right now? Do you need me to go right now?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no? After the segments, so I'm about all right, So.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, yeah, I don't know if it's still walking around down there or is it Is it like on a world tour or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know it was on it was on Wednesday. Hopefully it's world two. Ur Well, maybe it doesn't end like Hitchbot. You remember Hitchbot, that story years ago?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: So all right, so for those who don't remember, they these guys built like uh, it's it's a little robot. And what they wanted to do is demonstrate the goodness of humanity. Yea, and so it would prompt people to Essentially, they wanted to get it from the from like New York to l a. Right, and it was the goodness of humanity. So it got to Philadelphia and they murdered it in an alley on Kensington.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, so yeah, yeah, social experiment proven right. I mean, now I am curious who's wearing leather in Greenville, South Carolina in.
Speaker 1: May Well shoes, business shoes.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, maybe if you've got some leather shoes.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 9: I was thinking like leather jackets, Like nobody's walking around in a leather jacket. But if I were walking around in a leather jacket and I was accosted by this virtue signaling robot, I might actually take my jacket. Or maybe if I go down there to get this thing for you, I might take a leather jacket and put it on the cow. Did you reunite it to reunite with his mom?
Speaker 1: Well, it claims that it's allowed to wear leather because it's a cow, except it's not. It's clearly not a cow, and it doesn't even sound like a cow. Ross and I were talking about this like, trust me, I grew up. We had lots of cows. I know it hurt them, like they kind of have one. They got there kind of one note. But if you wanted to and you know, create a human, boy, you got a bellow it more. That just sounds like an angry sophomore co ed. Right, Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's not even a mammal. I mean it's it's it's a robot. It's pretending to be It's a trans cow, is what it is.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it is probably I'm sing it.
Speaker 9: No, it's identifying itself as a cow. But it's not a cow. Don't you know. Don't try to force me to recognize you as something that I know clearly you or not. You don't even have legs like I can see the robot legs. It's not even a very good they they ran out of material. They ran out of material before they could get to the lower half of this thing.
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't know. Yeah, every morning when I was leaving and if I went by any of our cows, either the Angus or the Scottish Island, they wave at you. So yeah, it's totally yeah.
Speaker 9: Interesting man, Yeah, it's kind of creepy looking too.
Speaker 1: It's it's like I want it. Oh, I want it. That's why I want to. And if, by the way, if if I was still back anywhere near Wyoming, I would get one of our quarter horses, my roping saddle, and uh, we would have a little rodeo recreation. I can still and I don't get the opportunity very often, but it would be fun. And they would be horrified, you know they did you ever see the chicken that looks like a murder victim that they pack around. It's like half half the height of a human, and then they put it. They do this in downtown Raleigh before and then they put it out there and it's just so horrendous looking. It's like, don't eat chicken. Well, I was downtown. I didn't even realize they were doing this, and immediately I went to the chick fil A a block over and then went over and talked to him. I ate some Chick fil A because I am that petty. Yeah, but like I remember sparing kids with it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Like I remember the days when Peter did proper protests, like.
Speaker 1: Naked supermodels and in front of my studio. I've been asking for years Pete exactly.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like what we used to be a proper nation, you know.
Speaker 1: That's why we do what we do. Yeah, although I don't want I want I want the nineties version of Supermodels, not whatever passes now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, okay, Yeah, whatever we're doing is not working because obviously this slide towards the abyss is continuing unabated. So yeah, I don't know if we can ever get that form of protest back, but I just feel like it got it got way more attention than a robot caff signaling.
Speaker 1: Well, there's also there's all sorts of virtues singing. Did you see Neil Young just released a new song? Why is he still touring?
Speaker 2: Checked this?
Speaker 10: Yeah, check this out. It's kind of hard to hear.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I can't hear it. That's alright.
Speaker 1: Let me feel young though, all right, yell, let me let me and I like Neil Young. I think Harvest is a great album. Crosby Steel Young was banging too, uh needle and the damage done great.
Speaker 9: So yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: But also this this one one called fascist buying Tesla.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: If you're a fascialist, get a test. If you're a fascist get a Tesla. It's electric. It doesn't matter if you're a democrat. Taste your freedom, get whatever you want. Taste your freedom. Come on forward, build, come on GM, come on chryst. So let's roll again. Blah blah. I'm not gonna read the rest of it. You get the gist. And then it talks about how great China is too in it.
Speaker 9: So oh my gosh. So at first I thought, with all of the priests for the American auto companies, like maybe he's trying to secure like a Super Bowl ad placement with his song for like GEP or something like the one commercial last year that that everybody loved, and and so maybe that's it. But then the thing about the comedis in there that that's not that's not a good look. But again it is on brand. Uh it's and just said, it's just sad to me, like he's you had your moment, you were this thing and just you know, just let people remember you as you were.
Speaker 1: You know, right, go do your thing. You know Bob Dylan was. I went and saw Bob Dylan. Uh, you know, like I tours. It was the touring machine for years and years and years, and except it's he's less understandable. Now, yeah, so you have to get more than a few chords in. If he's you know what he's You're like, oh yeah, yeah, that one, so right, positively Forestry okay, all right, yeah.
Speaker 9: Right, and that's it. And that is one of the things like as artists get older, you know, their voices, uh get shot, but their their musical abilities get better.
Speaker 1: Billy Joel is a good example. There's a lot of songs where he can't do the really heavy parts, so he kind of re imagine them and they're great.
Speaker 9: Right, And he has the female backup singer and she'll hit those notes sort of underneath him too. Yeah. Yeah. So those are two guys. Those are actually the two most formative musicians of my life. Like growing up on Long Island where we are required to be a fan of Billy Joel, it comes on the birth certificate, and so a huge Billy Joel fan and also, for some reason, huge Bob Dylan fan. Grew up listening to Bob Dylan, you know, and I was like, I was not listening to a lot of the music of my youth. I was listening to the music from you know, thirty years prior. But I've always and that's actually why I got to see The Grateful Dead right before Jerry Garcia died, was because Bob Dylan opened for them, and I was like, I gotta go. I wanted to go to the Dead shows. I'd already been to one in Charlotte with Bruce Hornsby was there, but I was like, I gotta go see Bob Dylan because I was afraid he was going to pass away. And then like a month later, Jerry Garcia passed away.
Speaker 1: Oh and see, you almost nailed it. Yeah the other way. Yeah, man, let they'll tell you what. When I worked in Minneapolis, it's Dylan and Prince, right, that's only Bobby and Prince. And yeah, I got to see Prince when he came back and did a week of shows at First Have, which if you you know, if you know anything about Purple Rain, that's it. But it's this very famous music club there and it was unfortunately I went the day he didn't almost get arrested because the last show he kept going to like four in the morning and the Minneapolis police had to come shut it down. And I'm like, you can't shut prints down at First Avenue. Yse are monsters. But yeah, and then you know, then he died not that long after, so ir real quick, I'm just curious what you think. So Mike Waltz, just a reminder for everybody. So, Mike Waltz was the guy whose staff may have incorrectly entered because of an auto suggestion into the signal app and then we got all that stuff and a lot of people were calling for him to be fired. Then a rumor yesterday was he was fired, but actually he's now going to as National Security Advisor. Now he's going to be the ambassador to the UN. Is that upgrade downgrade Trump messing with people or is that just his own way of dealing with the fact that he or his staff did something incorrect.
Speaker 9: What do you feel like it's I feel like it's that last thing. I feel like, yeah, I don't know, I don't know why you would make a move. I think there's a there's a there's fighting going on inside of the Trump world about two between two governing philosophies basically, and I think Waltz was on the losing end of that. I think that might be part of it as well. But I mean, kudos to Rubio, the guy's got like, what, now, twelve jobs. He's got twelve titles. He's like some I don't know, vassal in medieval Europe. He's just kind of his titles. Here.
Speaker 1: Presser was great.
Speaker 9: The other day, I meantatic, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, so you're gonna go eat the dog or not? Probably not. Well, I'm on vacation all weeks, so maybe.
Speaker 9: I'll go, Oh, maybe you should go down and do it.
Speaker 1: But then I have to go to South Carolina. And if you have you seen the roads down there, true, truely, spend some money people. I shouldn't know. If my eyes are closed, I shouldn't know. I've just gotten into a new state. Right, that's not okay for on the interstate.
Speaker 9: It used to be the opposite. Here, cuffe into South Carolina. They had better roads than we did in Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the North Carolina became the good road state. And there you go, so suck on that South Carolina. All right, we'll see you in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Pete.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, buddy, Yeah, we'll be back.
Speaker 2: Hang on.
Speaker 1: Swimming Spring National championship just took place in San Antonio, Texas. All right, and uh a one of the swimmers, Anna Culdas, who's forty five or forty forty five, forty six? Anyway, forty five or forty six. I have to look it up again. One all five or all five different stroke divisions entered, right, which if you're Michael Phelps, I did he win five different stroke divisions at the Olympics. I know you want a bunch of gold medals, but some of it's you know, relay and all that stuff. But whatever, Uh. One five individual events and if you've done any swimming, that included a four second margin of victory in the fifty fifty yard breaststroke, and you have to understand, like, hang on just a second. This is a race that normally is accomplished the hard breaststroke world record women. Um it's under thirty seconds. So a four second margin of victory when normal margins are tenth or one hundredths of a second is crazy. Being forty five is crazy. But yeah, captured all the golds there. Ross pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Can I ask what we're all thinking?
Speaker 1: How long the ana has been training?
Speaker 2: Or is she a dude?
Speaker 1: That's a dude?
Speaker 2: Yes she is? Okay, yeah, yeah, that's a dude. Immediately, that's what I thought, Wow, immediately trying are you saying what are you saying? Man?
Speaker 1: Are you you feel that maybe it was not.
Speaker 2: A fair race or a bit a bit unfair? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently the other swimmers are not pleased.
Speaker 2: So just smashed all the records.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know, I'd have to see what the time was, but to beat the crap out of the competition. Do they have the times in this article? Hold on, I'd probably just google the name here. Yeah, just absolutely demolished all the other actual women's swimmers all this time. Let's see, the record was twenty eight point three seven. Oh no, did not finish twenty nine point seven four, so did not smash the world record. But it's also forty five well point that out. The women's world record is held by a Lithuanian swimmer who's like twenty.
Speaker 2: So it's all the sports are just turning into the South Park skit the second man, right, we're like weightlifting or something like macho Man's there anyone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then women are all cowering. Oh man, what an absolute I can't. I just feel so bad for all of the others. You have three point eight second margin of victory in the fifty yard breaststroom in a race that takes around thirty seconds in any any competition, right, I don't care if it's running, swimming, whatever. If you got thirty seconds to do something and you're you're you're competing at the highest level and the margins of victory because you there's so many great athletes all around the world have dedicated their life to the thing that you do. Is not you saying Bolt wasn't beating people by three or four seconds, although the do you see who the new Hussain Bolt is? All right, hold on, this guy's got a great name.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, you know. I saw a video of it and he started like way back. They gave everybody like a twenty thirty second head start or something stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he takes seventeen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he just overtakes all of them and wins by like a considerable margin.
Speaker 1: And his name is Goutcout, which is unfortunate. You never got gout, did you? Ross? Uh?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, nor did I. But I've known a couple of people and it looks it looks very unpleasant. So and it's not a new thing. And so yeah, So his name is Goutcout like Boutros, Boutros golly, except just Goutcout. But anyway, I'm not going to talk trash because he's seventeen and the video you're talking about is obscene because he's it's like he's it's not like he's racing against Joe Blow. You know what he should do transition think about those records, man, then then he could do even more. Yeah, he's seventeen, and so yeah, he's Australian dude. I don't know what isn't. I don't know if he's aboriginal or what. What is connection He's not a white dude, So I was going to say, and the name is rather gout Gouts a very strange.
Speaker 2: But it looked like a cartoon, like an animation or something like a cartoon character because he's taken off and you can't see his legs. They're just a blur.
Speaker 1: They're doing the speedy Gonzales thing there, man, or the road rider thing. All right, we get a couple. We got a little more audio I gotta play for you this morning. So this is interesting. A couple different things have come to light here in the past. Couple of days. One is the the officers, police officers, you know, vest camera and a traffic stop in Tennessee where the Maryland man, the dude is now in El Salvador, who's from l Salvador, is pulled over and he's in a van and he's got like eight women in there. I don't know if it was all women, but he's got like, he's got a bunch of people who don't have any papers, don't speak English. They're all acting very nervous. He does speak a little English. I had heard some people say he doesn't, but he clearly has. Yeah, he's not super English, but he's fine. He's talking to the officer, and the officers know what's up immediately because like people go over their profile, No, you work in law enforcement, and you see the same thing over and over. A pattern emerges, and the idea that you're not allowed to use that inherently as part of your discretionary powers or to do law enforcement would be insane. So immediately there's susy. He's got fourteen dollars cash in his pocket. He's vague about who owns the van, who his boss is, why they're going to where they're going. The whole thing starts falling apart. But so that was one thing, and I know Jesse Waters basically made it his whole show the other day. Also there's audio of his wife, who filed restraining orders, detailing to the police what happened and why she needs the restraining order. This is in her own words.
Speaker 5: To fill out a protective order. I think it was in December, but I didn't show up to the court because his family like washed my brain, telling me that his dad was sick and not to do it. So it's still I didn't do anything. But after that it was like I would call the police. I have a lot of police reports. And I kept trying to get to the door basement to try to open the door, and then like he pushed me. So then when I was able to go outside to get a phone, I called on one from a disconnected phone. Now, they took a long time to get to the house. It was probably like twenty thirty minutes. So I saw a neighbor walking his dog and I opened the door and I was like help, and then when he heard me, like he grabbed me from my hair and then he slapped me. And then the neighbor like he didn't know what to do, he didn't know what to react. I have pictures of their evidence, like all the bruises, because even on Wednesday he hit me like around like three in the morning. He would just wake up and like hit me. And then last Saturday, for my daughter's birthday party, before I went to my daughter's birthday party, he slammed me three times. And then last week they called the police. My sister called it police because he hit me in front of my sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to definitely get this dude back in the country. Absolutely. This is why. Again now with more and more of this, I'm fully convinced now that the Democrats are not going down to El Salvador. This wasn't the wind they thought it would be. So just to reiterate the first party, she talks about getting slapped in the morning and all that stuff, but I want to reiterate the part where she talks about how she tried to flee. I don't know if they live in an apartment or a house, but whatever tried to flee goes, knocks on a neighbor's door. The neighbor opens and she's like, I need help, I need help. He's coming, and this dude walked over, in her own words, grabbed her hair while she's standing I guess, you know, just at the neighbor's front door. Neighbor watching, grabs her hair and then reach his other hand back and slaps her multiple times across the face, then beat her up before her daughter's birthday party, and then just randomly on Saturday morning because I don't know he had a hangover, who knows so, And and then the video of him clearly trafficking people being remunerated with an envelope full of money, which he eventually admitted was pay even though he was trying to be a little cute like, oh, I don't know what these people are doing. You're trafficking people. These are people, And for those of you wondering, it's not everything sex trafficking. So one of the things if you go and you pay one of these organized crime syndicates or gang or cartael or whatever it is, the groups that transport people. They will transport from point A Salvador City, El Salvador to point B. It might be Boston or in this case it was Saint Louis, Missouri, I believe is where he was driving them, and so that's part. So you have to have a criminal element up to the Salvadorian border and then through I guess from there you gott to go what up through Guatemala and then up to Mexico and then across the US and so different aspects of different actors, especially at the US border, but all of the same criminal syndicate complete that trip for you. They don't just take it an eagle pass. You can do that, but if you want to get into the interior, they provide transportation services. And this would be fully in line with what MS thirteen does and how they make money in the US outside the US. So there you go, in her own words, and she also wrote it in her own handwriting very compelling. All right, it is eight forty five. Let's get mister stage from the weather channel. What's going on?
Speaker 10: My man?
Speaker 6: Thanks, Casey. I mean, not a terrible friday. Once again, we see these mentions and hear these mentions of showers, thundershowers, and we think it's going to rain all day today. It's not going to a few showers, few thunder showers around mayly this afternoon. Yeah, we're going to keep that humidity you love and temperatures are going to continue to be in the mid and upper eighties. Little light breeze around too, but a mix of clouds at sunshine, so really not terrible even through this evening a shower thundershower threat allver night will be in the little bit sixties, some showers, thutter showers on Saturday, and I think we've pushed a better chance of showers with utter storms into Sunday. As now it looks like Saturday may not be too bad with some partial sunshine around, as the numbers will stay once again not only in the eighties on Saturday, but in the upper seventies to near eighty on Sunday and showers Monday, and then the middle of next week looks pretty decent Tuesday Wednesday anyway, lots of sunshine back in the forecast, so all all really not terrible today Tomorrow, a few showers thutter showers around, but again, Casey, better chance on Sunday at getting some wet weather.
Speaker 1: Alright, thank you, and we'll come back with Jeff. Well internext hang out for Jeff. What's going on?
Speaker 11: Well, good morning, Casey. Job creation was stronger than expected last month. The Labor Department just reported one hundred seventy seven thousand workers were added to payrolls in April. The unemployment rate held at four point two percent as predicted, and workers average hourly earnings ticked up to tens percent. Wall Street likes the numbers. The futures improved after the report came out. The Dow futures are up three hundred eighty one points at the moment. The tariff exemption for low value packages shipped from China's no longer in effect. The loophole that allowed the packages to come into the US for free closed as of today. This will have an impact on American consumers who buy cheap products from Chinese marketplaces like Tamu and Chian. Independent online merchants that rely on Chinese imports will also be affected. Apple's making some supply chain adjustments to make the company less reliant on China. The iPhone maker will source billions of chips from the US this year. It says a majority of the devices its ships to the US will come from India and Vietnam. Amazon dot Com expects headwinds in the coming months as the trade war causes economic turmoil and crimps consumer spending. But looking back at the last three months. Amazon did quite well, with a nine percent increase in sales and.
Speaker 1: A bigger than expected profit.
Speaker 11: Airbnb says travel demand is softening because of the uncertain economy, and case There was a nearly ten percent year over year increase in bankruptcy filings in the first quarter. According to court records. The number of filings across all chapters of bankruptcy has been trending higher since the middle of twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: Casey, all right, so, Jeff, we are on vacation. Okay, I'm letting you know. I got one of those budget carnival cruises because I heard you can fight all the rest of the cruise people at the terminal in the Battle Royale. Soa I got doing that. Man.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I got Ross's out of office note when I sent some.
Speaker 1: Because the show is still I'm off.
Speaker 2: I'm off.
Speaker 1: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 2: I'm off, I'm not here.
Speaker 11: Well, well, have a good week and I'll I'll talk to you both a week from Monday.
Speaker 1: Well, unless Ross's auto replies to one, then what are you gonna do? I mean, it says what it says, man, Okay, all right, Jeff, all right, there you go. Look got that you're confusing poor Jeff. That's probably why Pete reached out to did you email Pete? Oh, you emailed Pete the story? No, I emailed Pete the story. Do you email Pete something? Because then he texted he's are we still on?
Speaker 2: I think I think he was writing us both back and when he put my address in there, you can see that the Otto replies on that's what I'm.
Speaker 1: Doing, okay, because he texted us, and I wish you wouldn't got to have an intervention for that. Dude. He's a green bubble and I just can't especially. I get it if you're a kid, right, you know whatever, you didn't get the iPhone. I mean, your social life is probably ruined because I know if kids are but I get, but you're a grown adult in the communications business. And I can't make the words wavy and disappear and other random stuff when I'm texting you. What are you even doing? And I checked. They have an Apple store right there in the south was at South Poor Part whatever they're they're a big shopping center is down there at South Charlotte. I'm sure they probably have another one time.
Speaker 2: I will say this, there's nobody more stubborn than somebody who's on an Android phone when it comes to converting to Apple, Like they're very stubborn about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to and then oh, I don't want to enrich a big company like that, Yeah, SAMs or.
Speaker 2: My phone can do all the same stuff and my phone can do more. But then when they switch, they're like, oh man, that's wrong. Every single time, every time.
Speaker 1: I got a buddy like that, it's just it's almost it's now become part of his identity, right, right, and yes, and like there's always hanger ons for things, right, Like you know guys who are just like I'm not going I'm not buying all the new movies on Blu Ray. I'm sticking with the DVD, which I guess that makes a little more sense because the investment there. But eventually you got a swap phones