Speaker 1: You're listening to camp I Am six forty, the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. I think calling people morons, idiots, cretans, imbeciles works far better and convincing them that they're wrong and I'm right.
Speaker 2: Which is why the show does so well with almost nobody.
Speaker 3: And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: And good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It is a Tuesday morning, a Taco Tuesday morning, September seventeen, and we've got a fair amount of news, as we always do. And we'll start with saying hello to one and all. Good morning, Neil, good morning, Willie Wolf. There you are, Cono.
Speaker 2: Morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Well you don't know where Esquire came from, by the way, Good morning Cono.
Speaker 2: Okay, Esquire is lawyer. Did you know that? Kno?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 2: Course you did.
Speaker 5: I watched Matlock.
Speaker 2: Well there you go.
Speaker 1: You know all these ridiculous facts that are completely useless. I watch a lot of Jeopardy and the questions that no one knows how to answer. And then Amy, good morning, Hi, Bill, Hi, and good morning. Oh oh, the A team is here. It has arrived. Okay, let me see what's new here I can think of before we get into the news. Now, that's not news. Now, that's no big deal either. No one cares about that. Okay, let's just go ahead and doing the news. If that's okay, it is time for handle on the news on this Taco Tuesday, September seventeenth, with Amy Neil and Me lead story. Well, no surprise, Sean Diddy Combs was arrested in New York after the federal indictment. And we don't know much about this except that it has to do this federal court. It has to do with sex trafficking. And my guess is this is some kind of By the way, I am not saying. I want to make it really clear here, and I'll tell you why, because he has a ton of money, can hire any lawyer he wants.
Speaker 2: So I want to make it clear it is.
Speaker 1: This has been likened to the Jeffrey Epstein situation, where he's got such immense power he thinks he.
Speaker 2: Can get away with anything and everything.
Speaker 1: Don't know that, by the way, I'm not making the allegation that's just out there. Some people have said it's like, you know, whenever you see a news interview. Some people have said, ABC and D how do you spawned? Well, other people have said that's what this is. Some people have said.
Speaker 3: Bill, you remember months and months ago that this was dusted up, and yeah, you know and all that.
Speaker 4: How come it took so long for them to arrest him.
Speaker 2: Because it does they wait.
Speaker 1: What the Feds do is they wait until they have everything lined up.
Speaker 2: I mean they are meticulous.
Speaker 1: So by this point the Feds have put their case together and I am assuming one it is complicated enough where this takes a while witnesses where when how that's one and then the other issue is just getting every single t dotted and every single eye crossed?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah that tracks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Amy, California could be in a world hurt so at his golf course in Rancho Palace, vert Is on Friday, former President Trump basically blamed Governor Newsom for the devastation caused by the wildfires. Trump said that Newsom declined to sign paperwork allowing more water to be diverted to farmers in exchange for federal funds being sent to the state to put out all of his fires, and he basically said I could withhold federal firefighting aid if re elected.
Speaker 1: Well, I could versus I will are different things.
Speaker 2: But you know, I'll do more of.
Speaker 1: This story up at seven o'clock because there, I mean, there's some stuff that was said that is beyond hilarious, by the way, I mean insane stuff, which is what makes this political season and this political climate, if nothing else, as scary as it is to people in both sides, because this is an accident exitsential, excidential, existential threat to humanity in this country. If Kamala Harris gets elected or if Donald Trump gets elected, just talk to either side how America will never be the same again.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: There's just some wild stuff that's being thrown around, mainly by former President Trump.
Speaker 2: The accusations are terrific.
Speaker 1: It's not just Haitians that are eating dogs and cats, it's the dogs and cats restaurants that are proliferating. That's not true, by the way. I just made that up, but stuff almost that crazy. Okay, let's move by seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: I'm doing that, by the way.
Speaker 1: And what the California Firefighters Union said in reference to Trump's comments.
Speaker 3: All right, the man arrested in connection with the FBI with what the FBI is calling an apparent attempted assassination and former President Donald Trump. He has this lanky criminal record and this fixation on global politics, particularly Russia's war in Ukraine.
Speaker 4: His name is Ryan Wesley Ruth. Ruth r.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a weird guy. Yeah, you've seen video of him. He's been in the Ukraine three times protesting, and he's been interviewed and they're now running and grabbing the old footage and he's holding up signs about Russia get out of Ukraine. And I mean, the guy is a real activist, and we were wondering other than being he's not so much even a domestic political craziness. He talks about the international part of it.
Speaker 2: So he's just weird.
Speaker 1: And by the way, as you pointed out, all kinds of violations, gun violations.
Speaker 2: He's only being charged at this point.
Speaker 1: He's not being charged with the potential assassination of a former president.
Speaker 2: Which by the way, shows were fired. He did not have any shots fired. And this is what they have him on.
Speaker 1: But there'll be a superseding indictment, and believe me, they're going to start throwing indictments at him or charges against him.
Speaker 2: But he's just one weird, weird guy. He's been convicted.
Speaker 1: What a felon in fell in possession of a gun, fell in in possession of a gun that has its ID numbers scraped off.
Speaker 2: That's illegal.
Speaker 1: I don't know if attempted assassination of a former president is a federal crime as opposed to a state crime. Just attempted murder, just straight out attempted murder, which is a state issue.
Speaker 2: And from what I understand, the argument.
Speaker 1: Is is he took those weapons across state lines, which immediately puts it into the federal jurisdiction. So we'll see how much they nail him, and I think it's going to be a lot.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a cartoon when they describe it, like the barrel of a gun coming out of a bush.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then there was a lot of investigation and looking into what the Secret Service did and Biden saying, we need more Secret Service and I'll fund anything you want. Looks like the Secret Service that everything is supposed to do. This was at one of the fairways in front of what where Donald Trump was, where there are Secret Service people there, and they took care of it immediately, and there was no line of sight with the president at all. I mean, the guy had no shot at it at Donald Trump, so they did what they did.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, Elon Musk has stepped in it again. He posted on x questioning why former President Trump has paced two apparent assassination attempts in recent months, and as he put it, and no one is even trying to assassinate Biden Kamala.
Speaker 5: He's deleted the posts since then.
Speaker 2: That's just love. He is both.
Speaker 1: And I did this on the podcast the Bill Handle podcast, and the bill handlepodcast dot com is the website and the title of that podcast podcast Elon Musk visionary and nutcase. And I think that's exactly the way to describe him. So he questions why Kamala Harris and Joe Biden haven't at least the attempt to assassinate It hasn't happened. Hmm.
Speaker 2: Think of that?
Speaker 1: Huh, what do you what do you take away from that?
Speaker 3: I think he's just tried to say, hey, listen who you're only trying to get rid of the dangerous one, right.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. I think you're only trying.
Speaker 3: To get and by the way, Bill, why you missed the opportunity to call your podcast the Bill Hamblin podcast is beyond me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. He took that down by the way he did take it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course he did.
Speaker 1: People we've been hearing uh a lot, and there was you know, I've been hearing that from people that you know, Wait a second, isn't there something wrong? Well, Keeping that Trump did blame Harris for the assassination attempt, there's no question, not specifically ordering it, but the political climate. Also keep in mind that Trump is based as being blamed for the crazy stuff that's out there too, So you know, welcome to our presidential season. Historians are going to be looking at this two hundred years from now and going, wow, well.
Speaker 3: Let's hope it doesn't get worse, and two hundred years from now they look back at this as the good old days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, all right.
Speaker 3: Meta, the parent company of Facebook and Instagram, of course, announced just yesterday that it has banned Russian state media broadcaster RT and other Kremlin controlled networks. They basically are saying that the outlets have engaged in deceptive influence and different kinds of operations and attempted to evade detection. So they're just saying, hey, after careful consideration, we're out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not a interference with the election accusation.
Speaker 1: It's interference or diving into the internet to make Russia look better, but deceptively doing that and hiring this company, and that was their point. And you know, to any extent that the election is being interfered with, that becomes a crime. But this is more we're good guys, Russia is saying, and you're not.
Speaker 2: The reality is you're not good guys. So that one is happening.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a lot of information on what's happening with big time tech. Matter of fact, seven thirty are going to talk about TikTok and its lawsuit, which is ludicrous because TikTok, owned by the Chinese, is arguing First Amendment rights. The Chinese are arguing First Amendment rights. Okay, thank you so much. I'll talk Well, it's not the Chinese TikTok, but I'll talk more about that at seven thirty.
Speaker 5: Problem Solved.
Speaker 6: US officials said that in August there was another month of very low border crossings, citing recent executive action that curbs asylum access to the southern border. Of course, former President Trump still says immigration is one of his main main arguments as to why he should be re elected and touting Vice President Harris is what he calls dismal failures on the US Mexico board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I have a question about that.
Speaker 1: I don't mind and I don't you know again that accusations of what the Biden administration has done. But where I have a problem is the encounters have dropped fifty percent, and yet immigration is out of control.
Speaker 2: Out of control. It's like inflation is out of control.
Speaker 1: It's does anybody believe anything anymore?
Speaker 2: Anything?
Speaker 6: Well, if you have sixty thousand people coming across the border every month, that's still seven hundred thousand people in a year, on top of the ten eleven twelve million that have come across in the last three years.
Speaker 1: Understood, but look at what happened during the Trump administration the same thing, actually even more numbers. It's been going on through Clinton years, the Obama years, the George W.
Speaker 2: Bush years.
Speaker 1: Why don't they want to solve this because we've got a system and the political environment is there are two people, one that the border is critical to our security, which I happen to believe in, and the other side is we are a nation of immigrants, and this country was created out of these folks that come over and taking a page out of Emma la Lazarus, the placard on Statute of Liberty, send us your wretched, your poor yearning to be free, open arms.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 4: Well, they're true.
Speaker 3: They're not mutually exclusive, but except control, except to.
Speaker 1: The extent are they're mutually exclusive when they go to this extent. And there have been some mass deportations. You know, Eisenhower was the first one in the fifties that deported two million people, deported them. And you know what that was called, by the way, you know how they have operation yes, you know these different you know what is it, the Operation Big Time Shield or whatever the hell they call it.
Speaker 2: This one was called Operation Wetback.
Speaker 5: I don't think they could say that today, no, but look it up.
Speaker 1: That's what the official title of that operation was from the federal government, Operation Wetback. You're right, Amy, you could not say that today at all. What are the two shields names before I forget during the war in Iraq? Desert yeah, desert storm and you know whatever. Names are just ridiculous now and it's.
Speaker 5: Just I thought those were powerful names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were, but it's I think they actually spend more time coming up with the names and actually engaging the enemy.
Speaker 3: The cool names the operation by operation peep pew, bye bye, all right, horrible last words. One of the last messages sent from that doomed Titan submersible during its June twenty twenty three voyage to the Titanic wreckage, all good here. According to a presentation from the US Coast Guard, they were basically breaking down by way of an animation, the deadly implosion that killed the five that were in there, and the only way they could communicate was via text.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that was the last text message sent. All good here.
Speaker 1: No, that was the last voice message. I think, No, it was you're right, all good here. But they're also.
Speaker 2: And this story is a sort of contra contra.
Speaker 1: Indicative good good word Bill, is that we're getting two different stories, the last communication and the last message. If they're only by text, then which one was it? Because the last communication, according to this story, was sent at about what fifteen thousand feet and it no about ten thousand feet and it was dropped to WTS drop Yeah, well actually it was dropped to WTF and that's what they're trying to figure out.
Speaker 2: Why they said that.
Speaker 3: No, WTS Oh not f I misread that it's dropping to weight.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I got that wrong.
Speaker 6: Okay, somebody has got to be missing this kid. Authorities have found a boy who's between ten and thirteen years old riding a scooter on the one ten freeway in South LA.
Speaker 4: The weirdest story is the world.
Speaker 5: So he was.
Speaker 6: He was found on Sunday evening. He was in the southbound express lanes of the one ten at Jefferson Boulevard and just wearing a black shirt and blue boxer shorts. He's appeared to be okay, but he's nonverbal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I was taken to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you'd think ten to a thirteen year old kid would instantly know here's where I live, or here's the phone number of my parents, or here are their names. But because obviously his special needs, they have no idea who he.
Speaker 5: Is at this point and no missing person reports matching the description.
Speaker 2: And this is a weird story. But the kid's good. The kid's okay, thank goodness.
Speaker 1: I mean driving on the freeway right that is where they found him.
Speaker 2: I mean, good god.
Speaker 4: What's he been like driving on that freeway in a car?
Speaker 1: Yeah, or it wasn't maybe it didn't escape, or well, he obviously escaped from some place, but it could have been that. There is absolutely no criminality here at all, other than he got away and his parents weren't being very careful, which I guess in and of itself, when you have a special in these kids, do.
Speaker 5: You think they would have reported it by now?
Speaker 1: You wouldn't think alost two days, you would think, Yeah, that's why this story is so weird.
Speaker 4: My wife went missing.
Speaker 3: I think I would notice within a are you kidding?
Speaker 4: All? Three days?
Speaker 2: If if mine went missing, I'd have a party.
Speaker 4: It's the matter with you.
Speaker 3: Vice President Harris joined the international Brotherhood of Teamsters that she sat down for a round table yesterday. Obviously both candidates are looking to get the endorsement in this presidential race, and O'Brien told reporters that they represent everybody from airline pilots, keepers, and they don't just represent registered Democrats. And Sean O'Brien, who is the Teamsters general president, said, you know, they're obviously being wooed by both yea.
Speaker 1: And I don't understand how they're holding off an endorsement of Harris, and because Joe Biden, and he is right in this as he is the most pro union president that ever was.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair, No one's refuting that.
Speaker 1: And she comes from the Biden administration, so she is as pro union.
Speaker 2: I mean, she already has.
Speaker 1: The auto Workers, the a fl CIO, the Teamsters National Black Caucus. They know there was one. And I'm just surprised that the that the Teamsters havn't come out outright and said we're going for Harris. I mean, one thing Trump is not is particularly pro union. So I don't understand why they're holding Well, then.
Speaker 3: Was the last time they backed the republic presidential candidate.
Speaker 2: I don't know when they did, if they ever have, do we know?
Speaker 4: It just seems like a dance.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know when they back.
Speaker 1: But you're talking about backing the most pro union administration, and Harris, who is being accused of and I think legitimately so is just Joe Biden in a skirt. I mean, she can try to differentiate herself from Biden, but I don't think she's going to be able to. I mean, it's a new leadership. Basically, I'm a younger Joe Biden. That's what she's say.
Speaker 6: Maybe the guy is mad though, because the Democrats did not invite Sean O'Brien to speak at the Democratic National Convention and he ended up speaking at the Republican Convention.
Speaker 2: Is that enough to withhold an endorsement?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It depends how petty you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he doesn't come across as a petty kind of guy though, Sean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like his haircut, but that's about it.
Speaker 5: That's because it looks like yours.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 5: Okay, Putin's talking tough again. Okay, get this.
Speaker 6: So, Russia's President Vladimir Putin has ordered the regular size of the Russian Army to be increased by one hundred and eighty thousand troops. They want to have a total of one point five million active servicemen, which would actually make Russia's military bigger than the US's and India's militaries, second only to China.
Speaker 5: Where are they going to get all these people? Dode in the list?
Speaker 2: They're got it.
Speaker 1: Well, two things are either draft them, which they're doing, or they're actually paying people that have experienced than our season combat people, combat fighters, and I'm paying I'm talking about thousands of dollars per month, which goes a long long way in Russia, where the average salary is three hundred dollars a month, which is like nothing, and I don't know what the salary is, but it's a fraction of what it is here. So that's how they're getting these people. But I think it's going to be conscription. They're not happy and poorly trained, ill equipped.
Speaker 2: For the most part. It's cannon fodder, is what Putin is using them for.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, this time, when you're talking about Amazon returns, it's about the people not sending something back. You've got a message that was posted see what I did there, very good the company's website. Monday, CEO and E Jazzy said that the company believes there are significant advantages to having employees in the office full time, and like other corporations and companies, you've got them asking well telling that the employees to come back. Amazon was just like everybody else during COVID nineteen in the pandemic, they let staff be off or work from home, and they back in May. I think they said at least be there three days now they want you there five days.
Speaker 4: Heaven forbid o.
Speaker 2: Can't find to five days. I think you know this.
Speaker 4: For the certain certain people like sales folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think management and sales folks. Although Friday, every salesperson has a meeting outside of the office.
Speaker 4: You know that, don't you.
Speaker 3: Well, I will tell you, out of all of the types of business you do, sales is the one you can actually track if they're performing or not. So those are the ones that I think that are least important to be in the building because they're either doing their job and getting paid or they're not.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's true, And it's and and they're working their asses off.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: As much as I make fun of everybody here at.
Speaker 1: The station sales, they're for the most part working their tales off.
Speaker 5: What a great way to spend time and money.
Speaker 6: The National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration has confirmed that it is investigating Robert F.
Speaker 5: Kennedy Junior.
Speaker 6: Why because twenty years ago he said.
Speaker 5: That he chopped off the head of a dead whale.
Speaker 1: And twenty years ago, twenty years ago. It's crazy, I mean, what do they do? Also, did you know Noah even had an investigative arm.
Speaker 5: I didn't No, I thought they just did forecasting.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. I thought it was just a question of weather. Well, in this case, I guess this is a question of weather. He did it or didn't. Well, sad, But you know, good point, Amy, This is what are they doing, right, They're spending our money doing this kind of crap.
Speaker 3: Well, this is along lines of Handle's optimism.
Speaker 4: We're all gonna die.
Speaker 3: A number of lives lost around the world due to infections that are resistant to the medications intended to treat them could increase nearly seventy percent by twenty fifty. That means, via this new study that basically between twenty twenty five and twenty fifty, the world could see more than thirty nine million deaths that are directly attributed to these antimicrobial resistance these AMR.
Speaker 1: We've been talking, Yeah, they're just we talk about this for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is the mouth.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at the numbers though, twenty twenty five to twenty fifty, cumulatively, it's thirty nine million deaths. We had eight billion people on this planet, so you know, the numbers are relatively small, but it's going to increase.
Speaker 5: It's less than one percent zero point four eight seven five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not very much unless you get one. I mean, go to the hospital and get MERSA. You know my last open heart surgeries because I got an infection in the hospital after my back surgery and that was fun.
Speaker 2: So I don't know why I shared that with you. There's nothing to do anything.
Speaker 4: Pick the thirty nine million or is it just random?
Speaker 1: It will be No, I don't know because we can't know until twenty fifty. And it'll be dead because I'm going to get this disease next week and so.
Speaker 2: Are you, so no one will be around.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: So becoming a mom messes with your head.
Speaker 2: Oh, it does more than mess with your head.
Speaker 6: Researchers have created one of the first comprehensive maps of how the brain changes throughout pregnancy. They were looking at a thirty eight year old woman from three weeks before conception to two years after the kid was born, and it says certain brain regions may shrink in size during pregnancy, but overall connectivity is improved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's one thirty nine, thirty eight year old woman. Boy, how's that for good solid science? One one person? What if she had part of that brain missing in the first place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not really that's like what we learned about her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's more of an observation than.
Speaker 2: Yes, pretty much. But I'm not surprised. I mean, you know, your brain does change.
Speaker 5: Said, okay, people who haven't given birth. Yeah, now true, that is true.
Speaker 4: How do you know?
Speaker 5: Yeah right, I had a two at one time. Well, how's your brain doing?
Speaker 2: Messed up? There we go this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't know how I identify. Look at I identify as a pregnant woman.
Speaker 5: Look at have you given birth?
Speaker 2: It's true? All right, guys, we are done.
Speaker 1: This is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.