Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Congressman gave Evans already a star there, and he should be by flipping CD eight.
Speaker 2: You know, he's the key to the GOP.
Speaker 1: Majority and on top of that, very effective at what he does. Congressman, welcome back to the Dan Caplis Show.
Speaker 3: Oh, thanks for so much for taking the time.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, you've obviously got some pull there because now you've been waved onto the House Oversight Committee, you get to be part of the questioning of Mike Johnston, mayor of Denver, and other Democrat mayors on the indefensible sanctuary city policies.
Speaker 2: So can you give us a little preview?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean just a quick level set. Under the first Trump administration, we had Title forty two, which allowed for a more efficient process to remove folks who had recently and illegally entered the country and rescinded that you had liberal leftist municipalities and states like Colorado that cheered. Then you had states like Texas there right well, help share the load here of this massive influx. And Denver, rather than acknowledging the error of their ways, doubled down and said, Nope, We're going to give all of this free stuff to anybody that comes to Denver, regardless of their immigration status, to the point where Denver ends up having to slash millions of dollars from critical budgets, Police Department, Department of Motor Vehicles, parks, and w rec You know, by some estimates, over three hundred million dollars that should have gone to American taxpayers were cut and diverted toward illegal immigration. And now you know, Mayor Mike Johnson wants to walk back his comments about you know, just from a month ago about Tenneman Square type of moments where he calls out the Denver Police Department to resist federal agents coming into Colorado and into Denver. And you know, now he's trying to walk back those statements because we know that we have a crime, we have a violence, and we may have a gang problem. Go look at the homicide rate in Denver. Denver's homicide rate in twenty twenty four was double San Francisco, and we have no idea how much of that is related to illegal criminal operations in Denver because Denver Police Department is not allowed to ask or collect any data about the immigration status of folks committing crimes in their city. That sounds like a sanctuary.
Speaker 4: City to me.
Speaker 1: Sounds to me like you're ready take the robe off and put them in the ring.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: This man's ready to go.
Speaker 1: I love that and obviously well researched, which you'll have to be because of my constitutionally protected opinion. Johnston lies through his teeth, like he issued a statement yesterday it said the wait a second. No, all these new people, he calls them newcomers, right, all these new people, they didn't affect course services in Denver. They didn't make this place less safe. Obviously you've got the receipts. But in this format, Congressman, where there's no judge and you've got limited time, how do you pin them down? How do you not let them fill a buster.
Speaker 2: Out of it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, the judge is the best judge that we have, which is the American people who are going to be watching this, the people in Colorado and the people in Denver and So it's really just being able to draw the line between the facts that we've already established and some other critical facts that we know, such as after defunding their police department, you know, and even before they took money away from the police department for the suit legal immigration crisis that they had manufactured, we had a pretty severe gang problem in Denver. I mentioned the statistic about Denver's homicide rate right now being double San Francisco. But Loot, look at Trendy Argua. We're starting to see some information come to light that Aurora's problem with Trendy Aragau was because Denver kind of, you know, shoved that problem across their eastern border. And I've heard that from many municipalities, but a lot of times Denver just manages to shrug off their problems into some of the surrounding jurisdictions. Look at my district, for example, the raid with DEA as the lead agency, we're somewhere around fifty Trendy are Agua gang members and their associates were arrested at a makeshift nightclub in my district. Right These things are all tied to sanctuary city and state policies in Denver and trendy. Aragua themselves, you know, has acknowledged this. There was some intelligence that came to light late last year that said the reason they're operating here is because they want to make Denver, Colorado their national de facto headquarters. Because we've defunded our police department. We have sanctuary city and state laws, and when we talk about welcoming everybody regardless of immigration status, well that sounds like a really great place to go and sent up an international criminal organization, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, evil's evil, it's not stupid, and it gets it. Sanctuary means protected, it's protected here. I mean, you know, Democrats, as you know, they passed this law that says parole probation officers. You know that they handcuff him from cooperating with ice K. Have you ever figured out, and I know you're a super super smart guy with your law enforcement history, why would any of these lefties ever choose like that to protect people not only here illegally, not only committed other crimes, but it actually been convicted to the point they had to have a probation officer. Why do you think they're so determined to protect those people from being deported?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, at you know, at the national level, we just sent the Lake and Riley Act to the President's desk, which he signed. In the law which says that if somebody illegally present in the country continues to commit crimes, in this case the after burglary, those people need to be taken into custody and deported. We had that bill in previous Congresses, and unfortunately it would never go anywhere, typically along party lines. But now, after seeing the results of these failed policies, the American people have said enough and some of the Democrats at least are smart enough to start to see that light. We had forty eight Democrats vote with us to pass the Lake and Riley Act, whereas just again a few short months ago in the pre is Congress, you couldn't get that many of them to see the lights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and can't wait to your Hick and Looper explain it in the Senate race why he voted against it. But congresswoman, look at congressman, pardon me. We had Lauren Boberd on in the last segment. But Congressman Gabe Evans looking forward to your questioning of Johnston. But now the real reason I had you on today Chiefs Eagles. Where do you come down on this thing?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, you're gonna ask me the really hard question. Yeah, yeah, you know, I'm just glad that I can watch a little bit more football this year because there's a little bit less kneeling going on on the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, amen to that.
Speaker 1: And President Trump will be there, right first sitting president to attend a super Bowl, and so I'm glad he's going to go down there. But hey, you're killing it there, man, great job. Appreciate the time today, and I hope we can talk. If not the day that you grill Mike Johnston for lunch, I hope we can talk the next day.
Speaker 3: Well, I would love to connect. Ollys enjoy being on your show.
Speaker 1: Thanks Congressman. This Congressman Gabe Evans, take care, sir, Thank you too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you know what this is the beauty of it, right is he not only wins this key swing district, but he's really good at this. He's really effective and when you look across the state, now, this is so good for the GOP as it prepares to try to win some statewide seats because you look at the guys in gals who won first, they won really important races. But they're also really talented, so they're not just going to go there and kind of occupy a seat. You know, they're really talented. They reflect well on the party, they reflect well on the cause, and they're gonna be effective. And I think that that doesn't guarantee you the next step, but I think it's a real important foundation for the GOP starting to win some statewide offices. You just need that one, right, you need that breakthrough. But the impressive people who won these seats, you know, including obviously gave Evans, and their effectiveness, it just just adds to the GOP credibility in Colorado. Important building block eight five five four zero five A two five to five the number text d A N five seven, seventh through nine.
Speaker 2: If you just joined us, thank you. What a great day to celebrate.
Speaker 1: We're celebrating this truly monumental you know, President Trump obviously signing the EO yesterday no men in women's sports. But today the big domino fell and NCAA says, right, okay, no more men in women's sports.
Speaker 2: And that's going to have a very.
Speaker 1: Important precedent setting value even for you know, schools outside of federal government reach, et cetera. So just just a truly historic day for civil rights, for women's rights, for sanity in America, for religious liberty, and for confidence in the system, because you know, you got a bunch of people who voted who don't normally vote for a Republican and now it's paid off for them, so they can see, Okay, no, this guy, these guys deliver and it makes sense to go out and vote. Look at it, got something tangible out of it. Let's go to Dave in Lakewood wants to talk about the Bears. Got to remind him we're on Denver Talk Radio. You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 7: Welcome Dave, Dan, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 8: And it's about Bears and about that FLK.
Speaker 1: So, Dave, can you do me a favor since we're doubling up Bears and ELK and we're right up against a break?
Speaker 2: Can I take you on the other side?
Speaker 1: Not the other side of life, though I hope to see you in heaven, but the other side of this break.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 9: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I know one tight end sleeping alone.
Speaker 7: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: It's a great honor.
Speaker 10: I think, you know, no matter who the.
Speaker 3: President is, I'm excited because it's the biggest game of my life, you know, and having the press there.
Speaker 10: It's the best country in the world.
Speaker 1: Are Travis Kelcey excited President Trump's going to be at the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: First sitting president to attend the Super Bowl?
Speaker 9: Very different reactions from his significant other versus Patrick mahomes significant other, who is a noted Trump supporter.
Speaker 1: Isn't that such a beautiful thing? So she's gonna have to sit there and listen? I love her music. I've been taking my daughter to see her shows since I think since Taylor Swift started and my daughter was a little little girl, and we still go together.
Speaker 2: And I love the music.
Speaker 1: But isn't it going to beautiful to have to see Taylor Swift up there in her box where everybody's usually looking at her, right, But now it's going to be Trump.
Speaker 2: She's gonna have to watch all that. That's that's gonna be beautiful. You're right. Mahome's happy about it too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, it's it's always cool to be able to play in front of a sitting president, someone that is at the top position in our country, and so I didn't see that clip, but obviously it's cool to hear that he's seen me play football and respects of the game that I play.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait until Sunday.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to Dave so Patient in Lakewood, Davire on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 8: Welcome, Hey, thanks Dan. You know what's bothering me about this elk is that a bear gets in a dumpster, they kill it. The elks got there, no problem, It's on its own. If it dies, it dies, that's life.
Speaker 6: But you.
Speaker 8: Don't do anything against a wolf, and all of a sudden you'll find yourself in jail.
Speaker 5: Well that's right, And I just can't stand it.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean? When the dumpsters are full and boulder and the bear gets caught and they euthimize them, why don't they find a business for not having enough dumpsters? We're not getting it picked. I mean, at my own job, we get call in and say, hey, man, come pick it up today. We had more waste than we thought. And is it really they could easily they could easily do that, make the business and get another dumpster and not have to kill bears. And I'm telling you if this was a wolf out in the snow, they would have spent no time and the expense, or all the time and all the expense to go out there and save this.
Speaker 2: It should bother you, David.
Speaker 1: It speaks well of you that bothers you, because it comes back to the same basic principle of the left. It's not about what's right and wrong. It's about whether you're on their side. So just like if you're a criminal in Denver, right, and you're part of a mob and you're going to attack the state capitol, Well, if you're supporting a leftist cause, well then the governor goes into hiding and you're allowed to ravage the capitol and he leaves it ravaged for months as.
Speaker 2: A tribute to you, you know.
Speaker 1: But if you're a conservative, hey, you know, you spit on the sidewalk and they may never see you again.
Speaker 2: That's a little bit of an overstatement.
Speaker 1: But same thing with animals, right, and you know, like with the bears, do you really have to kill him when they jump into a garbage can? But with this elk, how do you justify because you're right if that had been as listeners pointed out, one of Jared Polus's beloved wolves brought in to show even more disrespect for our farmers and ranchers. If that had been a wolf stuck in the snow up to its neck, you know that they would have deployed swat teams and so. But you got this beautiful elk essentially being tortured to death, stuck in the snow up to its neck. The home owner calls and the state won't come out.
Speaker 8: I mean, at least if it's suffering like the bear. You know, you didn't garbage and you euthanize it. You're not going to go save the elk. Well then you know, amen, it's misery for God.
Speaker 1: Amen, show that respect for life. Hey, great call man, appreciate that. And Ryan, you know what's interesting, It flashed me back to before you got here. There was such a day hard to imagine, but before you got here, there was a big controversy going on in the Metro about coyotes. These coyotes were lots of places, killing lots of pets, and we had Division of Wildlife saying, oh no, nothing you can do about them. You kill one ten moral pop up, you know, let nature take its course.
Speaker 2: Kind of crap. Sorry about that. But the point is, you know, like we don't.
Speaker 1: Live far from the station. I'd go out in my front yard. There'd be three of them surrounding our dog, our big dog, and then one took our little dog. And you know what, my wife was not having any of that Department of Wildlife garbage.
Speaker 2: My wife said, we're killing them.
Speaker 1: And so you know, she she led the way and I hired a sharpshooter, all this other it was all done by law.
Speaker 2: She came a torch.
Speaker 1: She and you know, I'm trying to remember if Fitzfork she actually hired the sharp shooter or got got the right agency to do it. Anyway, she led the way good and said, no, I'm not letting nature take its course. I'm not letting nature take our dogs. And she led the way in about every morning for about three weeks. I'd hear because I'm up early, and I'd hear, and you know what, there are still the occasional kyo. But it's not like I have to fight my way through the yard to walk the dog. I used to I used to have to carry when I was walking the dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 1: Used to have to take it out on a regular basis the firearm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was.
Speaker 1: It got crazy, but yeah in division awhile I was let nature take its course. Garbage. Yeah, no, that was a suffering. We are better people than that, and this government laziness just we cannot sit back and take that eight five to five for zero five A two five five the number. Lots of reasons to be happy today. I hope you check out at dan Kaplis on Twitter because it is.
Speaker 2: It's as if Norman Rockwell was a photographer.
Speaker 1: It's one of the most powerful pictures in presidential history.
Speaker 2: It's just so well composed. It's such a big deal.
Speaker 1: Trump signing the EO that gives women sports back to girls and women. So check it out at dan Caplis to Twitter, like it, send it somewhere else. People will enjoy this photo. It's really special. And then I may I may tweet out tomorrow. I may tweet out a focused version of it that just zeros in on a couple of the little kids, like right next to Trump.
Speaker 2: Did you do that?
Speaker 5: Ryan?
Speaker 1: I know you looked at that photo, but when you really zoom in on these two little kids who are just standing right now, it is just so cool and you know, whatever staffer choreographed all that Isn't that? One of the most striking things about Trump two point zero is the staffing.
Speaker 2: First time around, it was a zoo.
Speaker 1: It was a I remember sitting in the Trump Hotel one night and I'm trying to eat my burger and Scaremouci's running around like some kind of true idiot moron, just screaming into his cell phone, making a spectacle out of himself.
Speaker 2: And he was in the White House at that time.
Speaker 1: And then you got Amirosa and you got this other stuff going on.
Speaker 2: This team. Now they have been on all cylinders. Did you hear Trump?
Speaker 9: I mean, he's just so like almost wistful, and he's happy, he's content. And the girls and the young women they kind of crowded in for that photo. And do you hear what he said?
Speaker 2: He goes look at Secret Service.
Speaker 9: They're worried about them.
Speaker 2: They're worried about these girls. We got bigger problems.
Speaker 1: Think about it for President Trump, Think think about it.
Speaker 2: It says if he was.
Speaker 1: On the gallows and they had the rope around his neck and they were about to pull that plank out and all of the sudden, now he's the guy. He not only survived it, he's the most powerful person in the world. He's the guy in a position to do justice. He's the guy in the position to right wrongs. He said, four years being pursued like this, being pursued like an animal by people misusing the law. He said, four years to think about what he would do with every second if he got back in. And you see all this great stuff he's doing. You see what he said to jd Vance the other day, Fans said, he said, how many days do we have left? Almost every day he asked, how many days do we have left? And he's just making everyday count.
Speaker 9: He won and earned that support. And when somebody like Al Green goes on the House floor shouting impeachment, I don't think the American people have an appetite for that.
Speaker 1: Oh my lord, that it is a one hundred and eighty Greek degree turn. And it's a great time to be alive. It's a great time to be in America. The American way is winning now. And so we'll come back and we'll touch on some local stuff, including the left up and arms. These ice rates, they should be applauding. You're on the Dan Capless Show.
Speaker 9: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast. It's the targeted enforcement against known individuals who we've.
Speaker 2: Talked to witnesses.
Speaker 3: When we've reviewed door belt camera, it seems like officers were going door.
Speaker 1: To door of a number of places, which doesn't feel like targeted enforcements.
Speaker 5: Can you tell us how that worked and if you make collateral arrests of people who were.
Speaker 2: Simply civil violators.
Speaker 10: I do not know about the collateral arrests. Again, those numbers are still being processed in these apartment complexes based on information that we have. We do know that people move different apartments, so they may be registered in one and they'll move to a different apartment. We were contacting everybody in that area looking for the targets that we were looking for.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow, KUSA thought they had this guy busted.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Hey, wait a second.
Speaker 1: You say you're going in for the legals, but you're going every door. Yeah, because they're not all going to a crowd into one apartment and they're going to move apartments.
Speaker 2: They're going to try to hide. Wow.
Speaker 1: What a moment of high drama there, and is even as law ice responded separately and even the Denver Post acknowledged was true. Here, let me give you the quote from ICE. Unfortunately, we have to come to the communities because we don't get the cooperations we need from the jails. It would be so much easier and so much safer for our officers if we could take these people into custody from a safe environment. But if we have to come out in the community to do this, that's what we're going to do, beautifully said. So think about it. It is Jared Polis, it is Mike Johnston. It is the left that is forcing ICE into the communities because they actually passed a law that said that even after somebody here illegally has committed a crime, created this victim or victims has been convicted, they tied the hands of Probation and Parole from cooperating with ICE. Think about that. They're the ones forcing ICE out into the community. Let's go up to beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado. We'll talk to Luke. You're on the Dame Kaplish'll welcome.
Speaker 5: Hey, Dan, I just wanted to say that I've interacted with a lot of the folks from Colorado Parks and Wildlife, and every one of them as being a consummate professional awesome, and so I just I don't like the way you're kind of painting them all as beer lazy, beercrats and stuff. These people work hard, they do the right thing. If you look at the picture of that elk, it was it was probably in pretty bad shape, and I bet that officer knew that animal wasn't going to make it no matter what they did.
Speaker 1: Well wait a second, they made it twelve or thirteen hours, buried up to its neck and snow, and then they cut it up for meat and gave it to people to eat, So it couldn't have been sick.
Speaker 5: Uh, Well, it sure looked like it was. Uh. It didn't have a lot of fat on them, so it was probably starving.
Speaker 2: Oh you're right about that, Luke.
Speaker 1: In fact, I think one of the articles said it was starving, So feed it.
Speaker 5: I trust that you know, these guys know what they're doing. They're they're they're good. And I just want to defend the district wildlife managers that are out there in the field doing hard work every day. And you know, we've got three hundred thousand elk in Colorado. Probably ten thousand of them die every year. We can't be trying to save every single one of them.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for raising these points. Stay with me while we take them one by one, and then please say whatever's on your mind.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: In terms of individual agents versus bureaucrats, I'm with you one thousand percent. I assume that all of these individual agents are wonderful. My beef is with the bureaucrats and got into that in detail when we devoted the whole show to it the other day. You know, these nonsensical statements about, oh, it's better for the animal if we let nature take its course. I see that as bureaucratic laziness that doesn't reflect and I said so at the time. I'm not critical of any of the individual agents involved in terms of yeah, we're going to have ten thousand of these die a year. I don't question your numbers. I don't know the numbers. But here's my point, Luke, in terms of our decency as a people.
Speaker 2: When we see an animal in.
Speaker 1: Distress right in front of us in somebody's backyard, and it's buried up to its neck and snow, it's in pain, physical pain, emotional pain, it's dying, then we have a chance to help that one. And don't we have an obligation at that point just to not watch it linger for ten, twelve, fourteen, twenty hours and die a slow and painful death.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree, that's that's awful to watch an animal like that die like that. I just I don't know that stid W has the resources to get out there. You know, maybe they could have, you know, looked at it and shot it.
Speaker 1: Well amen, amen, my brother, if they weren't going to save it, put it out of its misery. But just respect for living things and respect for animals. That's why I was so infuriated at the bureaucratic response of oh, let nature take its course, we don't want to startle it. Yeah, let it die a slow and painful death. And Luke, as listeners have said, what do you think would have happened if that was one of Jared Polus's precious predator wolves? You think they just would have left it there?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: I mean they Yeah, I think they would have.
Speaker 1: Oh man, there would have been every you would have you'd have had helicopters brought in from out of state to rescue that thing, give it a BackRub, feeded steaks, I mean, whatever, it took.
Speaker 2: But Luke, you're a good man. I agree with you completely. I bet you.
Speaker 1: I bet you the regular agent out there doing their job that they're great. And my beef is with the bureaucrats. Hey, thanks for the call, man, Okay, thank you, you take care. I hope you call again. Eight five five or zero five eight two five five the number. This is fascinating to me having been on air for give or take, I don't know, around thirty years this topic. We devoted the whole show to it two days ago and we have not really made We haven't raised it today and we haven't raised it often since, and people keep texting and calling, and that reflects well on people. This is the sort of thing that we should be talking about. John and Craig, you're on the Dane Kaplis Show.
Speaker 4: Welcome, good evening.
Speaker 2: What are you thinking?
Speaker 4: Well? Background for thirty three years I was. I started out as a conservation officer and then I retired as a DWM.
Speaker 2: What does that mean DWN.
Speaker 4: District Wildlife manager here and I used to be the conservation officers, game boards whatever you want to call them, gotcha thirty three years I did that and as a field person we were always past. If what like it or not, you did it. And a lot of times you just did it anyway to dealing with everything from elk and snow to well like during in eighty three eighty four, the big winter when all the elk, deer and antelope were being fed on the Western Slope and els place other places. Day in and day out, we were out there feeding them, and you know, nature could have taken its course and it have wiped out, you know, three quarters of the elk and deer herds on Western Slope. And there were ranchers that in the North Park area that would take the stress and weak fawns and deer, deer and stuff down to their barns and they would feed them and how they were healthier again and turn them loose. Wow, And that concern for the animals that goes you know, robin, squirrels, bats, all that stuff I got the I got to handle them and we would take them to rehabers for to raise and release bear cubs, you know, deer fawns the whole nine yards and that elk and not knowing the details in that situation and not seeing a picture there were elk uh numerous times in different places where the w c o's or the later the dwms would go out and went a snowmobile and excuse me, pack a trail for it so it could get out.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: And if I couldn't do it, you know, perhaps you had to kill it and put it down as you know, being correct, politically correct. Anyway, the fella that called in it, I didn't catch it all because I don't get to listen all the time about the bear carcasses went a lot of this stuff. These animals were always donated if there were people that wanted to meet it. Used to in the old days you could donate them to the county food walker or something like that. But the health rule has gotten away and you can't do that. But there's always people that wanted any type of road kills even and this this caring for the animals isn't just. And there was a hurt. There was a dough deer or down south or south of Wiggans and it was killed on the road and it's fawn was standing there next to you know, it's dead mother or in the near area. And the supervisor for this area told a grander that called in that nature will take its course and let that fawn die. And I disagree with your last callar that all the people in the field are up the snuff. There's a lot of good ones yet, but they aren't the same category or class of people that were.
Speaker 7: Now taking and working the butts off like you know, they're more interested in eight to five and they're eight hour days and something, and that's.
Speaker 4: Not true with all of them. There's some really good ones out there, but the bureaucracy is something else. You know, they're hiring dwm's conservation officers, gay More District widlife manager that they don't even none of them. There are some that haven't even hundred or fished and they have to teach them how to do that.
Speaker 1: Wow, how does that happen? And hey, John, this is one of the best calls ever. Can you hold on? We have jam lines, but we're up against a break and I want to hear you talk as long as you want to talk.
Speaker 2: I'm learning a lot. Okay, Okay, Man, thank you. We'll come back to our jam lines. You're on the Dan Kapla show. Here's Tom Holman when they.
Speaker 11: Come to the cross line of impediment. And that's why I'm working very close starting this morning with the Department of Justice and where do they cross side line of impedement so they may find themselves in pair handcuffs very soon. So working with DOG on that because some legal guidance that I'm not an attorney, I know what psychops is about, I know what crossing that line is. But getting DJ back up on that. So that's something we're looking at right now.
Speaker 5: Harris.
Speaker 11: We're not going to tolerate anymore. This is not a game when we show up these sites.
Speaker 7: This is a.
Speaker 11: Dangerous job for the men and women of Ice and Board Patrow and all the DOJ agencies. To have this type of interference puts our office at great risk. Not only are the officers, it puts the aliens at great risk because anything can happen when we take our eyes off the goal here. So we're addressing that immediately.
Speaker 10: Today.
Speaker 11: I'm addressing op sets today, operational security and how these police are happening. We've already identified how this operation got leaked. I'll deal with that.
Speaker 1: This is Tom Homan saying in the longer version of this that believes someone had leaked to trend de Arragua gang members that the raid was about to occur before they were going to raid in Aurora. So we'll follow up on that, and as we go back to one of the great callers in a long time. At this point, Trump has officially broken CNN. Here's their seven o'clock Eastern headline. DOSEE teen known as quote big balls has access to government systems. At that point, you have officially officially broken CNN.
Speaker 2: That's their seven pm Eastern headline. Hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, holy cow. Well let's go back to John. We won't have time to repeat it all here. If you missed the last segment, please pick it up off the podcast. You'll be glad you did. Just one of the most compelling calls ever. John a veteran, he had been a veteran in John. Was it Department of Wildlife at the time or was it Parks and Wildlife?
Speaker 4: No, there's no parks. It was.
Speaker 3: I hired on the first year.
Speaker 4: Was they separated from parks and it was Divisional Wildlife? And I have to maybe correct you on part of this. Yeah, that in those days, the Divisional Wildlife was an enterprise agency. Whatever they or sold in licenses or from you know, funding from different sources. That's what you got to spend There was no tax money from the people that actually went into it when Parks was stuck onto it by no almost said the wrong thing the governor. Yeah, And you know you've got tax stuff, and you've got people that are more attuned to painting picnic tables and guarding the outhhouse than they are with wildlife resources.
Speaker 1: And the reason that I just want to let folks know, John, the reason John has been kind enough to call us is, you know, we've had three days now if constant conversation. Everybody wants to talk about the elk that Parks and Wildlife left to die, buried up to its neck in a backyard up and steamboat buried up to its neck and snow. And so I've been outraged by that, so of some others. But John, while we can't repeat everything you said in the first segment, for those in our last couple of minutes together, those who are wondering about what wildlife, Parks and Wildlife should do in situations like this, what they normally do, how would you summarize that?
Speaker 4: Well, every situation is different, and if circumstances will dictate, if that somebody should have responded when I was working. If you didn't respond to something like that, unless you were homesick and nobody covered for you, somebody would probably got written up for it. And he goes back to you know, let nature take its course. In eighty three eighty four, there were thousands of deer, elk and analyts that were fed in Colorado farmers, ranchers and hundreds and hundreds of volunteers ranch away feeds, came up and donated, came up with a pellet that could be fed to wildlife without killing them, and it can be taken care of. But that was not nature taking its course. It was a compassionate thing to do to protect the wildlife resources. Every time a little bat falls out vic tree and laying then the sidewalk, okay, that's nature taking its course. We were tasked that we had to go pick up those things and take them to a rehabber. If it could not be saved, we had to dispatch it. And you don't get that now. A lot of the dwms they don't do that kind of stuff. They won't do it. And the control efforts that used to be out there with you know, looking for poachers with airplanes, they don't do that anymore. Decoy operations where you put out of stuff here and you get the guys blasting away at that. Now they don't very there might be some I do not know the whole state anymore. That was a routine thing for us to protect the wildlife resource. But a lot of that protecting the resource was somebody calls because I've got a squirrel stuck in my chimney. We can go get it now. Usually in the cities the pooch patrol to take care of that stuff, you know, the animal control and they calling, you'd have to go get it. There's a one town in Colorado where one of the animal control people rescued a great blue heron and a stabbing through the hand. Okay, he made the effort to save this heron.
Speaker 2: Well that is and what a great way er, John.
Speaker 1: The music means I have to leave now, but I have to tell you this has been one of the most compelling calls I can remember in years.
Speaker 2: Thank you for what you did over all those years.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your compassion for animals and for talking to people about how it should work. Really appreciated. What a great caller, Brian, tremendous job behind the glass is always Kelly, you're the best and please do join us tomorrow on the Dan Capla Show.