Speaker 1: You know, he's got badass pizzas Andrews American Pizza Kitchen, And there are the sponsors of this here segment right here, incredibly delicious pies, good pasta. In fact, you know, I told you guys, I went on Monday and I got like a beef ragou pasta dish, and I had some leftover. It was my lunch today and it heated up so premium. And that's because they give you so much damn food and then it reheats badass. Five different styles of pizza and they have mastered all five of them. Best pizza in Dallas. Not just me saying it, not just Kati or Christina saying it, not Big Ben saying it, but the readers of the Dallas Morning News said it. Best pizza in town. Can't be touched.
Speaker 2: We love it.
Speaker 1: They got a great bar, great pasta dishes, great environment right there at Preston and Plano Parkway.
Speaker 2: Go see them.
Speaker 1: It's Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. We have moved the Today game to the bottom of this hour. You must listen live. It's the only segment we won't podcast. But right now it's time for.
Speaker 3: This, and now it's time for week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor Kat fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, normally it has something local, but I've found a couple of things that from the world of wildlife I wanted to bring to you real quick.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this lady.
Speaker 4: Had a squirrel in her car. So she's in a parking lot and there's a guy who's like poking inside the hood of her car and trying to get the squirrel out so hot, so it's preventing her car from starting. But the story usually the squirrel gets out and then kind of a bold squirrel and he's he's had bold squirrel hanging out on her on her windshield and then on her door. But her voice is the real, uh, the real thing we're listening for here.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, you sound like.
Speaker 1: Okay, why did you start sounding like Robert F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy Jr. It's so crazy. Her voice just got so crazy.
Speaker 4: The squirrels, you know, splouting and freaking out, and he jumps over here, and you got the zoomies. The squirrel was also wearing black face. I see it was ben in the hood of her car, and he had dipped his head into some oil.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that squirrel is gonna get canceled. But she was still laughing at and that, My God, sound like, who's that guy? It's a guy's like her husband, I guess. Or what the heft?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 2: You sound like Jesus?
Speaker 7: Not the best. So when you laughed that hard you can't even talk.
Speaker 2: I feel like if.
Speaker 1: You grab that and edit it a little bit, whenever we're laughing, you can just play that like a laugh track.
Speaker 2: Or play it with a laugh track. My god, sound like Jesus. Jesus, I don't even like you anymore.
Speaker 4: Chicago is where we will go. Now this is just awkward television chemistry. There is a pregnant beaver in the Chicago River. Okay, they're gonna have a contest where you can name the beaver.
Speaker 2: Name the wet beaver. No, here we go. Just you get the IDEA.
Speaker 8: Well, beaver with a big, possibly pregnant belly living along the Chicago River has gone viral on social media, and now environmental nonprofit Urban Rivers wants your help to name this beaver and Sammy Clark Beaver researcher with Urban Rivers joins us Live to discuss the contest, also the uptick of beaver sidings along the Chicago River.
Speaker 2: It's fun to have you on, Sammy. Thanks for being here.
Speaker 6: Thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 8: All Right, so tell us what is so special about this beaver and where she has shown up on the Chicago River.
Speaker 6: Okay, so this beaver is in the Bubbly Creek area. Seeing this individ looking so plump, especially this time of year, gives us hope that it's possible that it could be the female pregnant.
Speaker 8: Again, Okay, so they're not beaver body shaming, right, We think.
Speaker 2: That is probably not.
Speaker 6: We have been seeing a number of different beavers of various sizes here, so yeah, it's been very.
Speaker 2: Exciting to watch.
Speaker 8: And so it is not just the beavers, right, because if you if you look, you can see some I want to say predators right that are also.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, beavers and predators.
Speaker 1: Don't know he's describing a bar and you're a college Yeah.
Speaker 8: You can see some I want to say predators, right that are also hanging around the frozen river.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well that also is the next call out about the name suggestions. I noticed a couple of good ones that I'll just share a damn. Ryan was a good one, and also Sigourney Beaver. What some of the other names? And how can people jump into the is so bad?
Speaker 7: Pretty good?
Speaker 2: Beer is great? That's good? What was the other one? Brian? What's it get that? I'll get it either like a Chicago things.
Speaker 6: Well, one of my favorites is rotundra.
Speaker 2: What that's all we got?
Speaker 4: This is why you can't just let anybody go on TV and you gotta have something. They gotta add something.
Speaker 2: So what she looked like? She was like a scientist?
Speaker 7: Yepist, glasses.
Speaker 2: Pasty? Okay, oh, she looks like a Scottish scientist. I don't remember. I don't what do you mean you don't remember?
Speaker 4: Weather update Tomorrow should be the last day of extreme cold right now?
Speaker 2: Look at my watch?
Speaker 4: Thirty three degrees all right, so we did break eighty six year daily cold temperature record today getting down to twelve cool.
Speaker 7: Look at us when Monday's like seventy one as a high, right, I think.
Speaker 4: Pick the day off high sixty. He's in low seventies next week. Golf it up, dude, I'm dying to Thursday morning. Today we hit a low of twelve degrees. So that is the lowest temperature we have had since nineteen thirty nine.
Speaker 2: I will never forget that. I thought, sure, I thought we've hit below that before.
Speaker 4: We always talk about real feels and wind cheels.
Speaker 1: He's saying, dude, all you're saying on this day, you think that's what it is. Yeah, that's what it is. That's the coldest it's been on that day.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know, you'll see.
Speaker 7: You think it's been colder than that. It felt like one the other day.
Speaker 2: I think it's been colder than twelve degrees in the city.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, the hell when the whole city stopped working four years ago, I guarantee you it got below twelve degrees.
Speaker 4: Say it's more happenstance than on February twentieth. Today's the cold It's not even a record, it's just a note. It's the coldest it's been on that day.
Speaker 2: Bro Okay.
Speaker 4: As we also mentioned earlier, good friend Zach Martin, who is retiring from the Dallas Cowboys pastic today's the birthday would have been the birthday. What's still the birthday of Kurt Cobain. He's right, and if only he were here to celebrate with us. Do we know what year Kurt passed? Was it ninety four?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: The unplugged thing was the last thing he.
Speaker 1: Did, right, and I think it came out after he died, right, Do you guys know April fifth, ninety.
Speaker 2: Four is when he died. I don't know when Unplugged came.
Speaker 1: Out, Okay, I could be wrong with all that. It was around the same time.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 7: That the lilies were like a big deal because of that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think like he taped it and then it came out after he died, I believe.
Speaker 2: But I was thinking about this so earlier.
Speaker 1: We had our buddy Josh Campbell of Oatmeal Pizza. He's the lead singer and he does a really good job of, you know, embodying Kurt on stage and sounding like Kurt. And that's if you don't know, I'm maybe I'm being presumptuous. Our own Christina Kray Ray is the guitarist in Oatmeal Pizza And you guys have a gig Sunday in Denton at Andy's.
Speaker 7: Yep, but time a farewell to Andy's. I believe doors are at seven.
Speaker 2: Thirty, okay.
Speaker 1: And so when we had josh on, he was talking about you know, we were talking about this whole idea of what Kurt meant and all that stuff, and Josh started talking about the kind of life that Kurt Cobain had been through. And so I'm I'm four years younger than Kurt Cobain, Okay, so he's pretty much my you know era, right, he's gen X, but I feel pretty close to him in age. And then also, you know, I was whatever, I was twenty three, about to turn twenty four when he died. And one of the things Josh was talking about is that Kurt did not like to be like the voice of a generation or that wasn't his goal to be the voice of a generation.
Speaker 2: But one of the ways that.
Speaker 1: Those things I was thinking about this while he was telling us, this is one of the ways that those things happen is because they are not trying to do that. They just embody what a lot of people are going through. And when I started thinking about his parents got you know, divorced when he was ten. I could be wrong, there may be stats, but I do believe that my generation is the first generation in America that had widespread divorce. Really, I believe so now there was divorce before that, but I think that there were before that because of how society was. I think there was a lot of women that stayed in very unhappy marriages. Yeah, because they didn't want to be judged. They're saying the divorce revolution. This is just online real quickly, the evolution of divorce. Couple of articles are about the sixties and seventies. Seventies is you know, yeah, yeah, so sixties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially with how you look at like religion and things like that. Yeah, you're just like, I'm staying, we have to there's a lot of people that stayed in unhappy marriages. And I can even remember in the neighborhood I grew up in when different families started getting divorced, you know, I would have been that would have been late set seventies, you know, when it first started happening, and then it carried over into the eighties, and so things happen societally, and it's not all everything happening at once. It's just a culmination of what's happening with the country and how people feel. And then you go back on it a decade later and look back and you go, oh, well, this thing was happening. It's not like it was.
Speaker 2: A movement or anything.
Speaker 1: It's just how a lot of people felt at one time. And so for people that are my age, they were in their late teens or their early twenties when Nirvana became a huge thing, and so there was a lot of people that were my age that were identifying with what he was singing about because they went through a similar thing. And a lot of people will use the arts or something like that to articulate how they're feeling, and they latch onto it and it becomes.
Speaker 2: Very very important to them.
Speaker 1: And when I was that age, you know, I was way into rap music, almost to the exclusivity of other kinds of music. Like I missed out on Nerva. I mean, I knew it. It was everywhere you missed out on Garth. I missed out on Garth big time. But one of the things it was that I think back on now and I feel differently about it than I did at the time. But one of the writers from Rolling Stone Magazine went on MTV because when Kurt Cobain took his life, it was twenty four hour coverage on MTV.
Speaker 2: You guys were five or whatever, right. I know a lot of.
Speaker 7: People know exactly where they were when they heard that news.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they went outside.
Speaker 1: There was all these makeshift you know, memorials and all these things, and people were out and.
Speaker 2: Bawling and all this.
Speaker 1: And I remember the guy for and I liked Nirvana fine, but I really didn't care about him. They I would get into them way later in life, but at the time I was more in a hip hop and I remember the guy from Rolling Stone going, you don't understand this is like John Lennon dying. And I remember thinking, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life. You are out of your mind. Get over it. And then as time went on, I look back on it and I understand why people would feel that way, where I didn't in the moment.
Speaker 2: But John Lennon spoke.
Speaker 1: He wasn't trying to speak for a generation, but he did it.
Speaker 2: Dude, you were young to have a get off my lawn take like that too.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 1: I had a total get off my lawn take. I was like, man, they put out two albums which I didn't even know Bleach existed back then. I was like they put out two albums, Please Get off My Nuts, And then now I look back on and go, I get it, like when you're in it.
Speaker 2: Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.
Speaker 1: But that's how history works, and that's how you look back on things and ascribe meaning to them because you have the distance and you have perspective, and you look at how it impacted culture and mass and it really is incredible that they had such a short discography, but they acted so much that we were talking the other day about post Nirvana and I'm sittinger going, you know, those guys didn't do anything together for thirty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirty years.
Speaker 1: It was such a thing, and that is that is a huge cultural moment in the mid nineties. For that guy to die the way that he did and how he impacted so many people and we still play them all the time day then put out a record in thirty years. Crazy, isn't that crazy? Haaby Birthday, Kurt, Happy birthday? Told Kirk, yep, all right, it's submit and Skinshaw, I tell you what, keep it in that motive or that motif.
Speaker 2: We will do the today game next