Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KF I am six forty. I always have fun as Neil does, as and does as. Amy doesn't know how to have fun. She's so Morday fun day though. Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I'm morose, can get morose.
Speaker 1: Amen, when you're moros I'm very happy. That doesn't mean that you're not morose.
Speaker 3: Oh she's less right.
Speaker 1: Actually, it does mean you're not morose, but you think and now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle. Hey, good morning everybody. Bill Handle here. Yeah it's Monday. Oh yeah, another Monday, another December ninth. We are fast approaching those magical holidays, just between Christmas and New Year. There's that week of you do absolutely nothing. And you know why I'm working on I think I'm working the twenty fourth of them, Dimond until the sixth, Neil, are you working that week?
Speaker 4: I will be producing the Jesus Christ Show, filling in for John Cobelt on Christmas Eve from one to four, but other than that, I am.
Speaker 1: Rot for the week.
Speaker 2: All right, Amy, how about you taking Christmas week off?
Speaker 1: Well, good for you.
Speaker 5: And in fact, Michael Michael Monks is going to be filling in for me, and so he's here with us this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh that's sweet, because I think, you know, considering new stuff going on in the station, I thought you would say, I'm taking a week off and filling in for me. Is nobody? Okay?
Speaker 3: News five thousand, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just.
Speaker 1: And Cono, good morning, Good morning, Bill and the lovely Ann. Hello Anne, good morning and Billy. You are off on the twenty fourth. I thought, Oh, I'm on the I thought I was. I'm off on twenty third. I worked the twenty third, Right.
Speaker 2: You work the twenty third.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're off off the twenty fourth, and then I'm back January sixth. I think that first Monday, which I normally start first Monday.
Speaker 2: Of the year, there will be an insurrection when you return.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: On January sixth. Get it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's very strong, very strong. No, I didn't get it strong all right.
Speaker 4: If you have an insurrection for more than four hours, you should call your doctor.
Speaker 1: Also very strong. I hate it. Let me tell you, I want to get give you some insight baseball here. You have no idea how much I totally despise it when any one of you say something that I wish I had.
Speaker 3: Said you must be in paint a lot.
Speaker 1: I just it drives me completely crazy because not only do I point my finger at you and go, that's strong, that's funny, because I never actually, but damn, I wish I had said that. Okay, a couple of bits of news. First of all, on the really good front. As of Saturday night, we have raised in terms of money for Pastathon, one million, one d and forty two thousand dollars. That is before we get final numbers from Smart and Final and Wendy's. So we are going to blow pass to one point three million dollars that we raised last year. And as far as pasta and sauce, we're at eighty nine thousand pounds. So let me put it in other terms, it's forty five tons of pasta and sauce we have raised. By the way, you can still donate. It's still up there, even though officially it's over. If you can go to kfiam six forty dot com slash Pastathon, we'd be more than happy to take or the kids will be more than happy to take donations. And I just heard from one of our premiere donators that anybody who donates one hundred dollars or more. He has no intention of matching it because, as he said, I've given enough damn money to you guys. Okay, Now, the other bit of news that I want to share with you is, as you know by now, I had to put my dog down. You know, my little one was eaten by a coyote or half eaten by a coyote, and had a couple of three surgeries, got an infection and was put down. What a horrible way to go. It was a horrible way to go. Yeah, it was not plenty. She was in a lot of pain. So finally, I mean three surgeries, it was god awful. Try to save her. So the other little one that we have, we're getting another one on on Friday. We're picking up Isabella Izzy. It's a little doxy and we're picking her up. Now I have this one, Tommy, is as what happens when you have two dogs and one goes is the surviving dog goes around the house looking for her buddy or his buddy. In that case, it was a bonded pair and they were inseparable. And it's as I walk around, it literally breaks my heart. I am I think helping the matter because I have a recording of Gucci on my phone, so I'm putting under pillows and putting it in the corner.
Speaker 3: Just you're rude.
Speaker 2: What how is How is the other dog ever going to heal? If you keep doing that?
Speaker 1: It never is? That's the whole point.
Speaker 3: Okay, horrible human being.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, that's a compliment. You're wonderful Bill. Everyone loves you, oh partle.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely. And and you worked over the weekend. That's so fine.
Speaker 5: Yes, I worked a Rams game and the Rams on the Bills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Bills are very strong this year. I'm playing football, you know, I went through a huge upswing in football. Interest is starting to weighe now, and so I'm not really paying much attention.
Speaker 3: I saw that coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The only thing I'd interest me is everybody is interested in Kansas City because of Patrick Mahomes. I'm interested in Kansas City because of Bruckner the kicker. When he said women should stay in the kitchen, they should be pregnant, they should cook, and they shouldn't but insert themselves in anything like politics or working or anything barefoot and pregnant. He hasn't gotten too many people pissed off that that one has he Okay, that's it. I can't think of anything else. Anything. Guys want to add to the mix, any news that's fit to print? Or do we go to the news that's fit to print? Yeah, okay, let's do that. Guys, It's time for Handle on the news with Amy and Neil and me lead story. In a lightning move that took the world by surprise, the rebels in Syria have topper toppled Bashar al Asad and this is almost reminiscent of the Taliban in Afghanistan. How quickly they were able to get back into power, of course, causing Joe Biden all kinds of issues about removing the troops. And this happened so quickly that everybody was taken for a loop. Now Bashar al Asad still got out. He was able to get on an airplane and fly to Russia, which granted him asylum immediately because Russia was an ally. And as you can imagine, he squirreled away billions of dollars by making that assumption. So he's going to live just fine. But it is his family, I mean brutal. It reminds you of the family dynasty of North Korea, where you had son then ill or yeah, son got ill and ill got on the U three.
Speaker 3: Hope they're feeling better.
Speaker 1: I hope so too. And now you have Bashar's dad who took over nineteen seventy in a coup. Bashar al Asad, the son. By the way, did you know he was an ophthalmologist.
Speaker 2: Yes, he just I was watching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was going what he was an ophthalmologist. His brother was set to take over his older brother, and he was just going to continue on practicing medicine. That's all he wanted. And he there he is, and I mean the University of Damascus, I mean, you know, a real a real medical school, and like the law school I went to. And it was and his older brother killed in a car accident. He got Syria, and he was even more brutal than his father. The hope was there because he was an ophthalmologist, because he was trained, because all of that. He wasn't a street thug. That he would rule the country with a light or touched didn't happen. The guy's brutal, absolutely brutal. So off he goes and he would have been killed instantly. I mean he would have been hanged in two sets.
Speaker 3: So what does this mean for Syria? Does it get better or worse?
Speaker 1: Well, the problem is the insurgents are a radical group, sort of a linked, sort of peripherally to al Qaeda at one point. Don't know. It's whether they want to join the World community and they want these people want a country, or they want to stay rebels and want to stay outside of the world of the Community of Nations. Don't know at this point.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Diddy's buddy denies it.
Speaker 5: Jay Z and Shawn Combs are now both accused of raping a thirteen year old girl at an after party from the two thousand Video Music Awards. So a lawsuit was filed back in October, and then it was just amended to add jay Z onto it. It was originally just against Sean Combs. Several lawsuits have been filed like this. A lot of them didn't make it because the plaintiffs wouldn't be named. But the judge in this case said the person who was thirteen at the time back in two thousand had enough cause to continue the case anonymously.
Speaker 1: I wonder how that works because you're allowed to confront witnesses against you. You know, that's part of our legal system. Now. Witnesses can in fact be hidden for security purposes. You know in mafia cases. You know, they will put witnesses on the stand and you can't see them. They'll be behind a barrier, or they'll put a paper bag over their head and have them tell jokes. Remember the unknown comic, Yes you don't. That was invented in the courtroom, by the way, I just want to point that out. But her name is if she continues a lawsuit, I don't think it can be anonymous. It can be sealed. The court can't seal the proceedings. But that's about it. So we'll see how much of that is. You know, these things all of a sudden explode and they get more and more. Now I believe is this a single accusation against jay Z. I think so, because if it's part of a group of anonymous accusations, I don't know how much that means.
Speaker 4: All right, Volorius, nobody probably remembers I do any who passenger attempted to hijack a domestic Mexican flight Sunday on Valeris and forcibly divert it to the United States. And this was a thirty one year old Mexican national named Mario but you don't know his last name, assaulted a flight attendant, tried to enter the cockpit to divert the flight to the United States, and they had to reroute the plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weird that he had his family with him too.
Speaker 3: It's got to be some sort of mental breakdown.
Speaker 1: I mean it has to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the killer apparently grabbed a Police in New York have released a couple more pictures of the guy who shot and killed the CEO of United Healthcare out in front of that to Hilton hotel last week in Midtown Manhattan. One of them is him looking into the front seat from the back seat, and then the other one is him with a puffer jacket once he got out of the cab. He's got that face mask on in both cases. And officials are saying that they think he's probably left the city. They're not expecting him to be there anymore. And I heard that they may have id'ed him, but they're not releasing his name yet.
Speaker 1: This is fascinating. In the level of the man hunt here is extraordinary. I'm going to do a story about this at seven o'clock. And there's a spin to this story that I want to share with you, which.
Speaker 3: Is absolutely right fascinating who he.
Speaker 1: Is probably by now, but I want you to look at the extent this story has been going on for almost a week right front page news, and it has not stopped, and you don't usually see that under these circumstances. Also, I'd like to talk to the family members whose family member was gunned down the day before and the day after that Brian Thompson was killed. Do you think they're happy about this because their story has been completely ignored, just you know, because it's not as exciting of the United Healthcare CEO. And I'm going to talk more about this at seven and I'm going to give you one of the reasons why this thing has become so big and will not go away, all right.
Speaker 4: President elect Donald Trump said he still plans to and birthright citizenship in the United States on day one, a little bit of a stickler with the fourteenth Amendment. That's going to be the hurdle he needs to jump over. And he went on to say, we're going to have to get it changed. Well, maybe you have to go back to the people find out.
Speaker 1: But we have easier said than done. Two thirds of Congress, both the House and the Senate, two thirds of the legislatures around the United States, and there you have a constitutional amendment that's going to happen in this lifetime. Now, there's an argument for the birthright because most countries do not have birthrights, some do, he says, all which he said, no, that's not true. But you know, I mean, yeah, all right, that's exaggeration of what a shocker that one is. But there is a legitimate argument saying that if someone is born here parents are illegal, they're able to make it over the border. I mean there used to be and how many parents far more in the past, because there were anchor babies where the mothers would come over the border just to have the children and then apply for residency based on the fact their children were American citizens. That went away several years ago. The government can't take away the citizenship of the child fourteenth Amendment, but sure as hell can say mom and dad are being deported, but we have a little baby here. How can we leave the baby? And the government says, here's your choice, take the baby with you or we'll make an award of the state, can't kick the child out, but you're gone. So that came down. But the birthright, you know, for example, you go to Arab countries, Saudi Arabia, you go to the Emirates, and people go there for years and years and years, stay for decades, they have kids, It doesn't matter. Those kids are never citizens. So the argument, and I don't know which side of that argument I'm with, don't I would ask you, I don't know on this one. I don't know. Let's take a break. Oh, which side do you land on?
Speaker 4: I'm very torn, but I see the logic and the reason behind exactly if your parents are not from here, but so.
Speaker 3: Would you have to be naturalized just like.
Speaker 1: No, if you're born here. No, if you're born here, you're US citizen. So hey, what side that you can't talk about? Are you on that? You can't mention at all? Exactly?
Speaker 2: Comment?
Speaker 1: Thank you for your input, all right?
Speaker 5: The president elect is promising pardons. Trump says he intends to pardon a lot of the January sixth defendants. On day one in office, he did an interview. He's been kind of laying low since he was elected, but now he's out and did an interview on Meet the Press yesterday. So the people who pleaded guilty in the January sixth riots did so because they really just didn't have any other choice, he said, they are going to go back and look at individual cases.
Speaker 1: A couple things about this. First of all, people that plead guilty, a lot of them feel they have no choice because part of the plea is we're going to give you this so you don't go to trial. And if you go to trial and you're convicted, you get a lot more jail time. So here's the deal, and that's virtually everybody when they plead guilty, they feel the pressure. Second of all, you know, I'm more upset about the pardons than almost anything else. You know, I understand that he has the right to, you know, put whoever he wants cabinet positions, and you know, I mean, it's not going to be as bad as a lot of people think. But pardoning those January sixth rioters and calling them heroes when they overran the capital of the United States and tried to undo an election, that to me is that's over the top. It's never happened in the history of this country.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've had buffoon cabinet members before, we've lived through it. But a pardon is absolute, and it's it's it's really tough, it is accepting this. This one is very tough.
Speaker 4: I don't know what kind of criteria he's going to use, and I won't speak to that, but I absolutely agree with you that that was one of the biggest black eyes I think on the United States January sixth and.
Speaker 1: And is back. I can't president, and we'll be backed up. You call them heroes, he's called them patriots. Now is he going to I think he said pardon some of them. I don't believe he's going to pardon those that were convicted of beating up police officers and causing entrada to the police. I can't imagine. I can't imagine it would go that far. But I think virtually the rest of them would be pardoned. And it's where it's a heart break.
Speaker 4: If they breached where's your life? If they actually breached the capital?
Speaker 1: No, if they know, I think, well, I think he's going to start if they're outside. But if they hadn't breached the capitol, I don't think anybody was convicted. I think that the authorities drew the line at that it's only people that have breached the capital, and then the people that have caused damage and the people in the capital that were screaming, hang Mike Pence, and they can those if they can identify, because there's still a bunch of hundreds out there that are awaiting trials. So this is the part that really really affects me deeply, where you have a president that is okay with the overrunning of the Capitol to try to undo an election. I mean, at that point.
Speaker 3: They'll in them to the White House.
Speaker 1: Yes I do. I think it'll be like football, Yeah, I do. They'll all be given medals. He'll strike medals patriots you watch. Obviously we're being a little bit hyperbolic here, but this is for some reason. I think that's it that bothers me the most. I mean, that is such a sin. Yea.
Speaker 4: As much as the hyperbole I hear about Trump, I believe that's a legitimate, legitimate one.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: So, speaking of Trump and those that don't like him, Adam Schiff has been very vocal about that he is going to be sworn into the Senate and or he wasn sworn into the Senate and said that listen, is he still gonna oppose Trump when he feels it's necessary. Yes, but he also is hoping to be known for bipartisanship as well, which means holy hell, he's back in the office and now I'm here even closer.
Speaker 3: So we'll see how this plays out.
Speaker 1: Now. Do you know why he was handcuffed outside the actual capital because he can't be handcuffed by the FBI inside the Capitol building. Who, Adam Schiff. That's that's a little Oh, it's a joke. Yeah, that's coming. Uh No, I don't, but I just thought i'd mentioned that. Am I bringing my bias to the table again?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I've got it.
Speaker 1: I have to. I have to calm down on this, I really do, because.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be taken away in handcuffs.
Speaker 1: Deal. You know what I did? Yeah, you take me away?
Speaker 3: Ha ha.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: Well, Sho Hay's record didn't stand very long, not on the field, but his record deal that was worth seven hundred million dollars with the Dodgers. Now, superstar outfielder Juan Soto, who the Dodgers just beat in the World Series, is going across town to the New York Mets. He is doing a fifteen year, seven hundred and sixty five million dollar contract that will increase to over eight hundred million by twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a fifteen year deal, assuming he's not injured or whatever. I mean, part of it is a payer play. That doesn't matter whether he's hurt or not. Fifteen years, what is that a year? That is you know what? That's only about five hundred million dollars a year, not even four hundred and something million dollars a year or forty million dollars a year.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a little bit less than that because he does get a seventy five million dollars signing bonus.
Speaker 1: But I'm assuming that's taken away from the contract. Maybe not. I don't know. How does how do ball play ball teams? How do ball team stay solvent paying salaries like this?
Speaker 2: Tickets goes five hundred bucks apiece.
Speaker 1: Enough, I don't know. Maybe his television rights, which are now going for a billion dollars a game, I don't know. But man, and how do you play next to a guy when you're sort of a you know, a good player and you're making five six eight million dollars a year, and you're playing next to a guy who's making forty million dollars a year. Isn't that a little disconcerting?
Speaker 4: I think you should appreciate the forty million dollars a year for playing baseball.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 1: Oh, he appreciates it. But how about it?
Speaker 4: You're just saying, I think if you're you're both making you're both making forty million.
Speaker 1: No, you're both not making forty They don't have to forty million dollars a year players, Well yeah, do they? At this point?
Speaker 4: Well, if you have someone making forty million dollars a year and you have somebody that has deferred over fifteen years, they you're talking about the length of the contract as well. So back in mid November, the paparazzi came up to her Majesty Oprah Winfrey and asked her whether she was paid for an endorsement for Kamala Harris. And he said, not true. I wasn't. I was paid nothing. Ever, well that's not true.
Speaker 1: No, she wasn't. She wasn't personally paid. Her company was paid. No kidding. And then she had to backtrack. Okay, yeah, maybe a million dollars.
Speaker 4: We got so to say that they have finance campaign finance records at show Harris's one million dollar payment to Oprah's production company.
Speaker 1: So for those of you that donated to Harris's campaign, I just want to point out you helped Oprah get even more money because she doesn't have enough.
Speaker 3: When is that going to explode?
Speaker 4: When is Oprah with all of her friendships with these horrible humans, when is that gonna.
Speaker 3: Bust open?
Speaker 1: Well? Just dead, didn't it? No one cares. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: Pumping more money into Ukraine.
Speaker 5: The US will nearly a billion dollars more in longer term weapons support to Ukraine. The Biden administration is trying to spend all the money that's been approved by Congress that it has left before President elect Trump takes office next month.
Speaker 1: Yep. And we'll see how much the president stops funding for Ukraine. We have no idea. We do know he's at this international conference and he met with Zolensky and you couldn't really see Zelensky's face because Olenski's face during the photo shoot was firmly implanted on Trump's ass. So we don't know quite what's going to happen. Same thing with Trudeau, by the way, same thing with President Shinebaum of Mexico. And he's not even been elected. He's not even been sworn in as president yet.
Speaker 3: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: We don't know. He won't tell us, and he may not even made up his mind yet as to how far eight is going to go to Ukraine. I think it's going to be put. I think it's going to be pulled back to some extent because Biden its balls to the wall helping Ukraine. The President elect not so much.
Speaker 4: I will tell you, for those that don't understand, just how much one billion dollars is. That is the same amount that the Harris Wall's campaign spent on their campaign.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is astronaut. Astronaut gives money over sixty how much money? Over sixty billion dollars. Now, for those of you that have ever asked for a government grant, Let's say you have a program that feeds kids and you ask for a government grant and number one, they're almost impossible to get, and you ask for fifty thousand dollars and you end up with thirty thousand dollars. Sixty billion dollars goes over to Ukraine. I mean, forget about which side of the political spectrum you're on. Keep it, don't keep it, spend it, don't spend it. Just the an astronomical amount of money.
Speaker 4: Totally passed, Neil. Let's finish up, yes, sir, let's do it in the wake of NATO. You know, and sketchy President elect Donald Trump, he's not a big fan, and his victory has made us think, well, what's going to happen. Legal experts warned that Trump could try in sidestep Congress's NATO guard rail. If you remember, there is a guard rail there since what twenty twenty three, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeahs So that was adopted by Congress, and no one knows. This is definitely a Supreme Court decision as to how far the presidential power is to withdraw from NATO. Now, I'm going to give Trump big kudos here because what he said when he became president of the first time in the United States was just the United States was supporting NATO by a long shot, and countries were not supporting NATO to the extent that they should have per the NATO Treaty. He threatened to walk out the door, saying, you guys, don't pay up what you're supposed to pay up what we signed the agreement were gone, they started paying up. So is he going to use the withdrawal of NATO again as some kind of a tactic, right, a negotiating tactic? Don't know, don't know. Okay, this one real quick one, Amy.
Speaker 5: There's no place like home or these shiny red slippers. So the ruby red slippers worn by Judy Garland and the Wizard of Oz that were stolen from a museum nearly two decades ago, of course, had been recovered. They were auctioned off, the winning bid twenty eight million dollars.
Speaker 1: I don't know why the museum doesn't get them back. They were stolen from the museum.
Speaker 3: But were they on loan to the museum.
Speaker 1: It doesn't even matter. Whoever owns them should get them back.
Speaker 5: And it is not the only pair because I saw a pair of ruby red slippers in the Smithsonian.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, there's I think she wore three of them, and I think you can order one another pair if you go to Zappo's and you can order a pair of nice reference.
Speaker 4: Did they ever find out if if Kona was the one who stole the ruby slippers.
Speaker 1: Also the providence of these because you have to track them back, who owned them, when they went, where they were sold. It's that's not easy to do, and it is easy to counterfeit these puppies. And my god, at twenty eight million dollars, give me a break.
Speaker 3: Didn't it just sequence red sequence or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Pretty much, it's no big deal. Yeah, except they were worn by her. How about what's a bullet worth? A single bullet?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: If it comes from Abraham Lincoln's brain, it's worth a little bit more than going to the gun store. Boy, that is a wonderful analogy, isn't it.
Speaker 3: That was one.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't weird. It was just good news on a Monday morning. Okay, we're done. Guys, KF I am six point forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.