Speaker 1: A shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. Would let your taco one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But you're freaking idiots, all right. Just another friendly reminder. If you'd like to try to win your self Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets today, throw a vote in for you. Say, we played everyone who votes every morning for this. There's always a prize up for grabs, and someone who votes is randomly picked to win today's prize.
Speaker 1: It's Trans Siberian Orchestra ticket anyway, seven Dust is who you're voting on JR. Our Facebook page. You have just about fifteen minutes to get a vote in. These only vote once.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we go to Vaucaville, California, which is near Sacramento. A California man noticed something wasn't quite right with a recent utility bill. He He had been taking a lot of steps to really make sure he uses as little electricity as possible. He bought meters that show how much various appliances are using, and he's you know.
Speaker 1: Just really antal with things.
Speaker 2: So that said, once the bill arrived, it was much more than he anticipated. As he had made efforts to reduce his energy usage and lower his bill. Well, after doing a little investigating, did you know a guy like this is going to investigate? He came to find out that the bill he's been receiving and paying for a long time isn't actually his bill. His name's Ken Wilson. Maybe he can better explain this.
Speaker 3: Even after I turned off my breakers, I was I kept going outside to check my meter to see if it was still running, and he was still running. And I couldn't believe it when I was seeing these spikes with my breakers off. Then I said, I'm not looking at my meter. This is somebody else's meter. I feel powerless right now because I can't control my own meter.
Speaker 1: No pun intended.
Speaker 2: He's been he's been paying a neighbor's electric bill because they got their meters designated wrong. They think this has been going on for eighteen years. Now. Keep in mind, this dude lives by himself, and obviously logic would go to say someone living by himself probably gonna have a slightly lower electric bill that perhaps a family living in another unit or home, which was the.
Speaker 1: Case here, I'm telling you eighteen years. He said he feels powerless. That's what I was talking about, no pun, but you're not powerless. You're gonna stick it to the man. You're gonna do what we've all wanted to do to the power company. And this is just one step closer.
Speaker 3: Pat.
Speaker 1: I know it's a mix up from the power company, but this is like doing the old extension cord. You know what I'm saying to the neighbor, what's this extension cord I see coming from Bob's house, I mean coming from my house. And let me follow this. Oh my god, Bob, are you running your house's power off mine?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: I found your generator plugged.
Speaker 2: When I was growing up, one of my friend's dad it was kind of like technically inclined. Okay, He went over to the neighbor's house where the cable TV that used to connect at the side, you know, the coax ol cable would come into the house. He put a splitter on there, ran another line, buried it over to their house and free cable. For as long as I knew, the dude, neighbors knew nothing about this, and as far as I know, never did.
Speaker 1: And think if it because that would have to mess with your signal just a little.
Speaker 2: It didn't because it was just mean. This isn't present day. This is you know, thirty five years ago and when it was much more just simple. Here's a line coming in, it connects outside, it comes inside, and you split it off into However, many TVs are being seems like, I don't just tap in here at the source.
Speaker 1: And your friend's dad doing it thief, but to do it for electricity though, that's I hope it all works out for this guy, and I truly hope he sticks it to the man.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you've been really kind of feeling stressed out as of late, don't feel like you're alone. Forty percent of Americans, this is an estimate, have now hit peak stress for this year. Once you combine everything that goes into determined peak stress, a combination of money issues, the economy slash money once again, physical health, family situations, mental health, the election, the news and everything happening around the world, work issues, unexpected life events, your relationships. You just fall it all up and you're like, dah.
Speaker 1: There is good news though. That's why I go to the gym. All that comes out on a treadmill. What you can do that or even better, the better remedy for stress six pack, and it works copious amounts of alcohol generally. Although we might argue differently, I'm kidding not good music. Listening to music is the number one thing you can do to relieve stress. It's not gonna make any of those aforementioned issues go away, but it triggers more pleasant thoughts, powers you down a little bit, and you focus more on the music than these things that are causing you the stress. Not a selfless plug. I listen to the iHeartRadio up when I'm on the treadmill, but we're free.
Speaker 2: Never sounded so good.
Speaker 1: Yes, you want to know the other trick? Pat?
Speaker 2: What's that he's doing? His ostrich? I we are. You're never going to ever get me to agree that I would like to go through life oblivious to major news stories and events going on at any given time locally, I know, nationally or around the world. I just I can't do that. I cannot survive that way.
Speaker 1: I know you can't. That's why our show has survived over almost thirty years now, because you and I, as much as we're concerned ways, we're very opposite in others. I know that you're gonna get all the news so I can ostrich it put my head in the sand. I hope people are going to you're such a little old talco amen. Different strokes, different folks, Tomato, tomato.
Speaker 2: Two examples this week. This morning, Taco had not heard anything about the thousands of pagers that exploded on Hesbela terrorists yesterday. Taco hadn't heard about the second assassination attempt on former President Donald Trump. When we got in here on Monday morning.
Speaker 1: I had Red Zone on from the time football started until it ended, and before that it was fantasy football now and then afterwards, you know, like the whatever runs right after Sunday or raked in between the evening game, right, is usually like, oh well, red zone, there's nothing running. But if something was to like sixty minutes, here we go, right, I'm gonna hear about it the next day from you.
Speaker 2: A southern Indiana jail refused to take a woman due to a high blood alcohol level. So the cops just left her in their parking lot. What ince Seymour, Indiana, You don't just leave her in the parking That's what they did. Like somebody they wouldn't take her at the jail. At the County Jail. So the cops were like, I don't stay here, lady, and they left.
Speaker 1: Like somebody said, if you're too drunk, you could end up in the morgue.
Speaker 2: You can't just leave that lift.
Speaker 1: Take her to the seventy two hour lock up.
Speaker 2: Problem is she she was left nineteen miles from where they picked her up drunk. It's left in jail parking lots.
Speaker 1: Did she have a phone to Uber?
Speaker 2: The officers who picked her up said they found the woman in the alley with a bottle of whiskey hanging out of her purse. She was slurring her words and had a hard time sitting up. An ambulance was called to check her out, and her only ailment at the time was too much liquor. The woman refused to go to the emergency room, so the next stop was the Jackson County Jail, and when they arrived there, the jail commander explained, we're not taking her. We've had issues with previous inmates in this state where we are now being held liable, and we're just not going to deal with this. Take her somewhere else. But they left her in a parking lot.
Speaker 1: This officers should be in trouble for that.
Speaker 2: Dude would think we.
Speaker 1: Back our law enforcement more than more than most people.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 1: Though, Come on, dude, that's somebody's daughter that was in that alley with the Donald L.
Speaker 2: Whiskey. It's being cooperative and didn't want to go there or go there. The answer is so obvious. It's not a right answer, maybe not the morally correct thing to do, but you know the answer, right.
Speaker 1: I already said the answer. Seventy two hour loca Oh put her on a bus to another city.
Speaker 2: To ask her if she wants to go to the bar uh.
Speaker 1: Brus rock station. What a one one her?
Speaker 2: Your no man,