Speaker 1: The Force will be with you always.
Speaker 2: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to another episode of Star Wars. Alize your home on the Geek Ultimate Allons podcast net work for any and all things Star Wars. I'm your host, like always Katie, and with me as for the usual is Clay Clay. We've already kind of talked about this, but let's tell the artists. How are you doing tonight?
Speaker 1: I'm doing pretty good. There is some developments happening in my personal life and I will be able to share that when everything is more concrete. But I just realized this. We are getting to a more normalized weather system, which is causing me to actually use the AC. We haven't used the see in this room for quite some time. Can you hear that?
Speaker 2: I don't hear it?
Speaker 1: Sweet? Even better? Okay, So yeah, yeah, some some other stuff is happening outside of Volume Comics. Everybody who has followed Volume Commics, I want to thank you guys. That is still in development and we hope to get that up and running very very soon. But you know, we'll see how it goes. But there's other personal stuff that I will be able to share soon ish maybe. But yeah, we are going to be talking about episodes five and six of mal There's not really a whole lot of news.
Speaker 2: There's one piece of news that we'll talk about. But first things first, I just want to say, guys, today's April twenty second, when we are recording this. We are one month away from our live review of The Mandamorian and the Grog Who on the Geekers YouTube channel at eight pm Eastern statary time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are so mark that on calendars.
Speaker 2: This is the first time in.
Speaker 3: Five five years because June six years five years that the Star Wars Alliance crew gets the Friday night flots on the geek First YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: That is crazy.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do this. I want to celebrate. I want people in the chat like we're gonna have the blast.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be I'm excited YouTube. Yes, now I will say that I I texted you, did you buy your ticket?
Speaker 2: I have not bought my ticket because we have to schedule a babysitter.
Speaker 1: I have not bought my ticket either. And the way that me and Abby have been doing things, Abby has not been soon super crazy about watching anything Superhero and yeah ip related together, So I've been watching that on my own and then when it comes to Disney. Plus we all watch it as a family. But we have been watching family movies at the theater. We took Amberlin to go see, of course, Utopia too when it came out. Uh. And then just here recently we watched Super Mario Galaxy, right, was it super Mario Galazy? Yeah, super Mario Galaxy, uh, with Amberlin as well. Uh. And we've been enjoying that time together. So I don't know. I want to watch Mandoin Grogu by myself to see if it is appropriate to bring Amberlin in because she she likes Grogu. Whenever she sees Grogu, she's like, oh, Grogu. I'm like okay, Like I can kind of tell her to close her eyes or leave the room whenever I'm watching Mando on our TV at home. Can't necessarily do that with a big screen at a theater. So I'm gonna watch it first, see how it is, and then we'll see if we can all go see it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Mara is too young because obviously, as I've told y'all, she loves Grogu. Right now, she wears Grogu shirts like three times a week to day care. So I know she would love it, at least the Grogu parts, but I don't think she's old enough to go to a theater just yet, so we will probably show her Mandoin Grogu when it comes to Disney. Plus, I think our plan right now. I told Matt, I was like, we have to figure out Thursday night because we're going to see it Thursday night, and then I took Friday off so I can go see it and do the review watch on my own on like during the day on Friday, so then I can be prepared with notes and stuff. So that is my plan for the watch along. But the piece of news that we have to talk about Clay on May fourth. It was just announced on May fourth that Imax and Lucasfilm will be doing special look events at select Imax theaters around the world on Star Wars Day, featuring exclusive, never before seen footage and special fan giveaways. These screenings will happen at seven pm Local Standard time. Uh, it looks like they are available on fandango dot com. It does look like it's free. At least I thought this was a pay event.
Speaker 1: But this was news to me. Where where where are you reading this? What is what? Is this? What is this?
Speaker 2: This is on Star Wars. I'm pulling this up off of Star Wars dot com. Okay, or I pulled this up off of Star Wars news Net. But uh, star Wars has it as well, like I saw it on Star Wars' Instagram account at line.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, okay, So here we go. Uh, here we go. It's a twenty five minute iMX fan preview. Yeah all right, So it says here get an exclusive special look at the upcoming film Men Luring Grogu weeks before the big release. So I want to know how do you feel about these? Because we have seen big events like New York Comic Con, San Diego Comic Con, Star Wars Celebration, shared trailers, and then from time to time we will get the like oh, the first TV spot or the first look, you know those types of things. This is twenty five minutes of the movie.
Speaker 2: Correct, and it does look like it's free. I had very big thoughts because originally I thought this was a ticketed event, and I was like, you put this special look, like this is the special look. I'm betting that goes onto Disney Plus right now for all of the movies that are going into theaters. Yeah, Like, if you look, there's a special look for Devilaware's product too. Right now. I was like, there's no way you're gonna charge me twenty bucks to go see twenty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Well, and like Peter, the last time I remember doing one of these was bvs. Batman versus Superman. Abby completely made fun of me for doing it because I dragged her along with me. We went to the Imax Theater in San Antonio. We stood in line and we literally just watched the extended trailer that was Yeah, we got some posters, we got some little knickknacks, but that was it, and of course the special message from Zack Snyder. I haven't done it since that was literally ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so like I don't remember the last time, but I think it makes sense. Knowing that people aren't charging, like Lucaslm's not charging for it, it makes more sense to do this and like have it be like a little May fourth celebration kind of thing. I just put in my information on the fan Dango site. It doesn't look like this is available in South Carolina, So fuck you, Lucas Film. I'm just kidding, but like.
Speaker 1: I guess that would make it fake to actually look to see if this is here in my town as well. But like we have seen, and I guess this is something that we haven't really talked about because we were waiting to talk about predictions and everything else. Yep, Mandoin Grogu does not look like it's looking the best sales wise, and I think this is their attempt to hype people up well.
Speaker 2: And other thing that I think is not in the predictions currently is the fact that this is releasing Memorial Day weekend, so it's not taking the predictions that I've seen, are not taking the Monday sales into account or that it's a holiday weekend. It just says basic, yeah, that's sales structures. So it'll be interesting to see how that changed. But seventy million dollars. Seventy million dollars is still not that bad.
Speaker 1: It's not bad I for IPS. Right now, I'm curious to see how the Thursday sales will go, because of course everybody knows Thursday is majority going to be the hardcore fans, the people who are like, hey, I cannot wait, I need to watch this now, so I don't get spoiled about it in the future. That's what Thursday is kind of there for if Thursday has a good good enough amount, I would say, and I say good enough as in like standards for people who follow these types of box office numbers. Yeah, I think the Monday can hold them over. Now, when does Devil Waters product release?
Speaker 2: May second?
Speaker 1: Oo?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it opens not this weekend, but next weekend.
Speaker 1: It's next weekend, and then man doin Groid Because here's the thing I think, I genuinely think, and this is crazy. I just recently in my life watched Devil risprouda. Within the last like year and a half, I think I have watched it.
Speaker 2: I watched it this past weekend for the first time.
Speaker 1: I think that has enough of a cult following to literally last the entire month of May.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I feel like Disney has been pulling stuff within a month, so I feel like it's gonna be frontloaded a little bit. Also true, I did pull up, so I pulled up Fantastic four opening weekend, Superman's opening weekend, and Thunderbolts opening weekend. I would consider Mando and Grogu more along the lines of Thunderbolts. Yeah, in this case, Fantastic Four did an estimated one hundred and eighteen million in the US. Okay, Superman did one hundred and twenty two million opening million in the US. Yeah, one hundred and twenty two million. Thunderbolts did seventy six million.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, me, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think with it being an offshoot and not a main team, I feel like seventy million prediction wise reasonable at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, and we will obviously see, Like so, if they're doing the Special Look event in Imax on May fourth, I would imagine the Special Look is going to come to Disney Plus, so we might get some numbers on that too, and we might see things increase. From my see things decrease, I don't know. I feel like Starfighter is the true test of the Star Wars box office, and not necessarily this.
Speaker 1: So my question, my question to you would be everybody's saying seventy million is kind of like, oh, that's very low, that's not looking great. Of course, it is technically the lowest of every Star Wars film that has hit theaters. We don't know what Disney or lucasfilm would count as a rock star success for Mando and Grogu, What do you think a rock Star success would be for that weekend? You?
Speaker 2: I feel like rock stars success, you're hitting like a hundred million is. I feel like I don't. I have never seen that. I have never thought that this movie is gonna make big box office numbers. I feel like that's left to something that doesn't have to have homework, because we still don't know how Mandoin Grogu is going to handle the transition from streaming to theatrical and I think that's people's hesitation. So that's why I feel like Starfighter is more of a test of the Star Wars box office than Mandoin grogo is. I just Starfighter doesn't have homework that you have to go watch. Yeah, And just as another perspective for everybody, Project how Mary earned eighty point six million dollars in the US opening weekend, and what Super Mario Galaxy movie opening weekend? What did that make? Super Mario earned one hundred thirty one million at the box office. It's opening weekend. So I feel like in Project hell Mary was like said like, oh, this is like a box office success here. And obviously Project hell Mary's budget very different compared to Mandoin Grogu. But you also have more merchandising rates for Mandoin Grogu than Project Till Mary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm gonna choose to continue to think positively, but again, I'm not concerned about this box office. I truly do believe Mandoin Grogu's gonna make its budget back, which should therefore be considered a success. Starfighter is the indicator to me, can Star Wars go back to theaters, because that is an original story?
Speaker 1: I think so too. I do think that Disney and Lucasfilm think the same. I think that Manduin Grogu is literally just a test for what a Disney plus ip can do in theaters. Yeah, because we have not yet seen that happen for Disney yet. I also asked everybody at the GUA. I said, what do you guys think the ideal success numbers for Manduin Grogu would be opening weekend? Travis did say Snell He said, depends on the budget, obviously, but without knowing one hundred plus, So he's on the same page as you. Anything under it is, Yeah, anything under is pretty underwhelming for the first Star Wars movie in seven plus years.
Speaker 2: The production budget, according to screen rant and I believe we said this before, but just since Nell had said that overall production budget was one hundred and sixty six point four million dollars with a tax credit of twenty one point seventy five million dollars. It is the lowest production budget that a Star Wars movie has had since the prequel trilogy.
Speaker 1: So you said that budget was around what one.
Speaker 2: Hundred and sixty six point four billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Billion with a B million, Okay, I was like what, I was like that that movie is going under real quick. If it's billion.
Speaker 2: Forst Awakens two hundred and forty five million, Rogue one, A Star Wars Story two hundred million, Last Jedi three one hundred and seventeen million, Solo two hundred and seventy five million, Rise of Skywalker to seventy five million, and then as we've said, Vando and Grogu one hundred and sixty six point four million dollars.
Speaker 1: Now, how about this, since we've kind of kind of we kind of dove into these numbers and started talking predictions or everything, and we'll get into the nitty gritty of our predictions closer to the release. Do you think it'll explode overseas or be steady. What do you think.
Speaker 2: It could? I could see it going either way because I feel like Middle East and China you could have issues because Pedro Pascal is the star and he is pro LGBTQ personas, so you could see Middle East and China potentially going it. Nope, we're not showing him kind of thing, but obviously very popular everywhere else, I feel like right now, so you could see a spike out of South America for instance.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm terrible with box office predictions.
Speaker 4: What we've seen so so, of course overseas, specifically in China and in Japan, we've seen more movies with.
Speaker 1: The mascot esque characters that like groguh, they seem to pop off pretty well, so I'm wondering if that will be the case here. But we haven't really seen any other predictions worldwide, and I don't even know what the release schedule is for Mando it comes to overseas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know either. I can't find a direct source for this, but it looks like Fantastic Four made two hundred and eighteen million opening weekend, so at extra one hundred million for Fantastic Four would again probably not like the best comparison. But if we look at Thunderbolts, go back to Thunderbolts opening weekend international, the opening international box office for Thunderbolts is eighty six point one million. Okay, okay, So total opening box office weekend of one hundred and sixty two point one million.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, If that's the case, I think that Mando and Grogu can break a hundred.
Speaker 2: I think yeah, it's definitely gonna break one hundred worldwide. I don't know if it will break one hundred in the US, I don't think it will. Yeah, internationally, it would definitely break a hundred million.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll have to wait and see and again we will probably get a little bit more concrete numbers once we get closer to the actual release and when we actually talk about our predictions. But I think with that, is there any other news.
Speaker 2: I saw on Star Wars news Net?
Speaker 1: I believe that is everything that I sent you recently. Also my request on net Galley, it's still pending. I have no idea how or when they are going to update that.
Speaker 2: I was planning on emailing, but I still haven't even called my UH insurance to figure out why they won't give you my my grain events. So I'm just like procrastinating everything.
Speaker 1: But also priorities, you know, books or medication.
Speaker 2: Note of books, guys, Dungeon Crawler Carl is a big hype right now on the TikTok in the instagram. I'm here to tell you that you should believe the hype because.
Speaker 1: Did you get into it?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I have been avoiding it because, guys, whenever it comes to books, I am such a hipster. I'll be completely honest. Every single hype book I stay away from because I just I'm scared of being disappointed. I think more.
Speaker 2: No. Okay, and I know you have dropped Audible, but the audiobook is only available.
Speaker 5: On Audible right now. Really, yes, it is an Audible exclusive. It is also on Kindle unlimited. So the e book is available on Kindle unlimited, y'all. I could not get into this book. About six months ago.
Speaker 2: I finally was like, you know, people keep telling me, like I had somebody message me and go, Katie, have you read Dungeon Carlo Carl. You absolutely need to read Dungeon color car and you need to listen to the narration. It was magical It was exactly what I needed for like a very a very dumb book where I don't have to think about things too much, and I think there's very easy for me to follow. There's seven books.
Speaker 1: Out seven Yeah, I was just about to say, I think there's eight books.
Speaker 2: The eighth book comes out in three weeks.
Speaker 1: So man, he is just pumping those books out. Seventh when it came out last year.
Speaker 2: I think he's doing them about every six months. It looks like, yeah, which if that's the only thing you're writing, which it looks like it is, I feel like that's realistic.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But like Rebecca Yarros, for instance, she puts out about two books a year. Yeah, So I feel like that's realistic numbers, but very fun book. The Narrator is absolutely hysterical. I love it. So if you have not gotten into it, I'd just like to tell you that it was great.
Speaker 1: And there's multiple different things that you can get into, guys. When it comes to Dungeon Carl Dungeon Crawler Carl, there is the uh, the book, there is the graphic novel, and there is also the web tunes that is also online.
Speaker 2: Because I thought this was right up my brother's Alley because it's like very video gamey and stuff, and so I sent him a text. I was like, I need you to know you don't have to read this, but I got the first audio book for Dungeon Carler Carl if you want to listen to it. Because my mom and I are like on the Amazon family. We both pay for Amazon, but we link so we can get each other's libraries. Yeah, I was like, I think this would totally be your jam and he was like, yeah, I've been reading the web tunes for the past six month. It's phenomenal.
Speaker 1: So the uh oh shoot, what was I gonna say? The the genre is technically, uh light RPG.
Speaker 2: So is that how you pronounced that because I've always pronounced that lit RPG.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's it's light RPG.
Speaker 2: Okay, what what? Why is it light RPG?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. Okay, I like, it's same thing as like the the manga novels. They're called light novels, and it's it's literally l E T light novels. I don't know if it's an abbreviation for something, but it's it's l a T light novels.
Speaker 2: Interesting, but we are gonna be.
Speaker 1: Talking about episodes five and six of mal shadow Lord, episode five being Inquisition and six being Night of the Hunted. Of course we can talk about these two episodes together, Katie.
Speaker 2: So I think we just need to go ahead and knock this part out.
Speaker 1: I feel like the.
Speaker 2: Animation and the music still on part very good, very phenomenal. I don't want to keep repeating that, but I feel like we need to acknowledge it every week because the rest.
Speaker 1: Of it, well, So I needed to ask you specifically. I am not usually one, and I'm not saying that I'm not woken off or whatever, but when it comes to how animation has been treated, especially overseas with anime, there is always a warning of hey, this has you know, shining lights, this could cause epilepsy, like episodes and all of that stuff. Okay, with your migraines. Episode six had a very intense lightsaber fights on the tray. How did you feel about that.
Speaker 2: I did not have any issues with that, which is like I really haven't. I really don't typically deal with it. When it comes to animation, it's always typically live action that does it. I think it's just a different way the light works. Okay, Sorry, I hear my toddler crying the background. But I think it's just a different light spectrum because certain like I can't think of the light bulb, but like the new light bulbs versus incandescence, those can sometimes give me migraines, especially the way they sound and stuff. So I feel like with the animation, it's a different light spectrum that they're using. So even I know it's flashing, it's not causing the same effect. Because I've definitely had that where I had to go like, I'm covered my eyes, tell me when it's done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't have that. I know that you've You've talked to me about that before, so I wanted to just see if that was a problem for you. I recently, especially when an anime, it kind of annoys me. So like the way that anime studios get away with it. Nowadays, they still have like the bright flashing lights, but they literally put a dimming effect on the entire screen, on the entire ratio of the frame. They just dim everything and it kind of looks like, uh, like you put the brightness on your phone. It looks like they turn it down for like literally zero point five seconds and then it goes back up whenever the flashing lights are gone. That kind of gets annoying. Spec actually if it happens periodically in one episode this there's nothing like that here. But when the Inquisitor was fighting Devin spoilers of course, we're gonna talk about it anyway, and Maul entered the scene, there was just also guys again animation, the paint stroke effect gorgeous in the lightsaber fighting. Oh, I love it. But it did give me a thought of, like, I wonder if anybody's actually having a problem with the amount of craziness, that craziness that's going on currently with these fight scenes. But if not, that's totally cool. That's totally cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I know everybody's different with what affects them, so it would be interesting to know because like I told you before, like it literally the flashing that can get me, and it's typically very white and black like that aspect like the Captain America, it was bullshit, who the fuck does that? I'm sorry, it really pissed me off. So there, I didn't have any problems with it. I was able to watch the scene in its entirety.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, cool, cool, Now I have two prediction questions for you because these, uh, there was two instances where it's subtle. It's subtle enough that you don't really question too much about it, but it's just like, you know, something happens, you're like, okay, let's move on, Chief Claice and Master Doo Docy. Yes, Chief Claie, it's removed from her position indefinitely. Yeah, do we see her again? You don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think she got sent to one of the first Empire in prison prison camps.
Speaker 1: I think so as well. And then two after the chase scene with Devin and Dio Docy, Theodoci jumps down and he grunts any kind of like you know, staggers and says, Master, are you okay? And he says no, but I'm not dead yet. Does he die? I think he's dead by the end of the of the season. You think so?
Speaker 2: I think so, And I no longer think that. Not that I thought this, I just thought it would be cool. But I think we're gonna end up with a season two directly happens after this. It's not going to be any sort of major time jump. It's gonna be mall with Devin and her kind of like dealing with the Oh my master died. Oh but the empire is bad. Oh but Mall is also bad. But the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Speaker 1: Kind of Mall is all I have, you know what type of thing. I was kind of thinking the same thing, especially with what developed at the end of this episode. I questioned at the beginning of episode five, there is a scene where Mall, I believe is it episode five or is it episode.
Speaker 2: Episode six has him doing the lightsaber training on his own.
Speaker 1: Yes, episode six, I asked threads, Hey, has anybody figured out what battle was Mal mimicking, because there's you know, I just feel like Star Wars would definitely do that, Like is he sensing some fight in the future. I even watched the last fight again to see if he mimics some of the same moves he does maybe once or twice. I was like, Oh, that's so cool. If he was able to know, like, hey, this fight is gonna happen, I know exactly how to defend myself because of the whole conversation we had last week about this whole like mal profit thing. Yeah, well, somebody picked up on a very like it's literally a blink and you miss it. Frame in that sequence of him doing the training, he holds a very famous pose that was held by Star Killer in the video game, so it is yes, So it's literally just like how the showrunners had said, Hey, there is some light homages to the forced Unleash. This was one of them. So they did that entire sequence.
Speaker 2: Well, go ahead, My guess was gonna be the Palpatine fight that he has with Savage.
Speaker 1: And Mal Oh. Yeah, it was him kind of like.
Speaker 2: Redoing that because we know that fight beat him up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, that would make sense. So he feels like he needs to practice that fight over and over to see what he did wrong. Oh. I like that kind of messes with his mentality also, But I also like the idea of they made that entire sequence just to hide one frame as an homage to for Sun Leaves. I like that as well. So I think that is very very cool. Also, when we're talking about characters and how they are changing, if we will see them again and all of that, a new development. Of course, the Empire has come in. They have taken over, and we now see this, Uh what's his name is it, lieutenant? What is his name? I think it is Blake actually, but I don't know if he's a lieutenant or not. Is he a lieutenant?
Speaker 2: It is he is a lieutenant.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is Lieutenant Blake. Who are you? Yeah, Lieutenant Blake. Lieutenant Blake has taken over the department and two Boots is you know, just doing what a what his protocols call for? Yep, another prediction for you. Does two Boots change his ways? And is is it all gonna be? Because Lieutenant Blake told him to change his shoes?
Speaker 2: I was thinking the exact same thing. I was like, Uh, dude, this is the guy who called you in to follow protocol and I get he's not wearing that the boots are not regulation, but uh, you just fucked up well.
Speaker 1: And the thing is like, we know that droids are droids. They follow protocols. It's very simple for them to do so. Not a lot of droids show too much emotion. Correct, yes, but two Boots has shown that he has enough of a connection to Lawson to show a little bit of regret or some sort of other emotions towards him. Remember when he was on desk duty, he moved everything in front of the picture so he wouldn't see him. So he has a connection to two Boots. It's not just a nickname, you know. So I'm thinking him realizing, oh, I'm no longer going to be known as two Boots anymore. I'm just gonna be the same old droid as everybody else in this facility. He's gonna realize, oh, I don't have the freedoms that I did. I think he's gonna go out and help Lawson.
Speaker 2: He's gonna help Lawson and Riley get off planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: And I felt bad for Riley. But Roy he's just doing probably his his good southern Southern duty and like pulling people off the street, like oh, you say, you know my dad, My dad's a cop. Cool, like we're helping people.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I don't think he had any like ill will at all. And of course I don't believe Diodoci was like, hey, where Jedi help us please? Yeah, they were probably a little bit sneaky about it, not gonna lie.
Speaker 6: But I like, I'm I'm curious to see if he's going to just be the dead weight around Devin and mal right now, like, what is what is the purpose of bringing Riley into the mix other than hey now lost and has even more reason to work with mal you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't like that. I don't like pulling a kid into this. I feel like Star Wars has done this enough again. It's the repetitiveness where we keep telling the same things over and over. Like I just wish that Riley hadn't been brought into this. I would have like I understand that Dio, Docky and Devin probably had no idea what an inquisitor was, because the inquisitors have only probably just started, like your year past Revenge of the Sith. It totally makes sense like they've been training on Coruscant, but they probably really haven't been doing missions. And so it makes me nervous for Riley because I feel bad because Brightley is the star athlete and now all of a sudden he's been dragged out and is now being on the run because he made the mistake of bringing in Jedi. It wasn't necessarily that he did this out of like weirdness or the Dio Docky and Devin didn't go, oh, we're informants, we need to talk to your dad, like he really was just trying to be kind and because of his kindness, now he's worked on the run.
Speaker 1: Well, not only that one thing that I was not expecting that them do that they actually did do. We got to see the mother. The mother shows up of course because of Riley and lets her know, like, hey, something's going on. Dad is involved. You know what can we do? And of course I think I think the mother kind of knows how dangerous the Empire can be, because she's just like, hey, fo, follow protocol, just do what everything that is asked of you, blah blah blah. Everything will be fine. So we'll see if she gets involved. I could see her being a little bit more involved in season two if we continue with lost In story. Yeah, but I I agree with you. I don't think they necessarily needed to bring Riley into the mix when it comes to everything else, like okay, having him welcome them into his home whatever, yeah whatever. Loss In, although we said last week, is kind of the run of the mill, kind of predictable character. Yeah, you need to give him storylines that we haven't already seen before. That's what's going to get him to be more and more interesting. We see that he has some sort of past working with bounty hunters in the past that is I can't remember her name off the top of my head, who helps them in episode six, But like, let's go that route, let's see what that's all about. Let's let's learn about him a little more. And like, genuinely, now that I'm thinking about it, I can already see uh Lucasfilm Publishing probably already pitching a loss in book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably to tackle that story or potentially a comic though. I know, like we talked about last week, Marvel Comics staffing gotten gutted, so we might not see his many frequent uh comic stories out of Marvel, But that could make sense, especially with season two coming. Like you could potentially time it right before season two because season two is probably next year, so you could time it along the same uh frame of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. Trying to think if there's anything else, what if you.
Speaker 2: Think about moroc or Merrick. Obviously they're not said in this but.
Speaker 1: The inquisitor, Yeah, I think he right now is just the run of the mill inquisitors. He's not really showing anything other than the want to hunt and kill and he is.
Speaker 2: This guy is the first brother, which makes sense why he's kind of on one of the first missions because he's the first really allowed out of the pen, that is the torture dungeon of the inquisitors. Ye, so that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he like we know that he tortured the chief because when Lawson goes into the interrogation room, he notices the the nail grooves into the table and he is doing his own investigation to find Mall. But he also is following Lawson, which is why he abruptly crashes the loss in household. But yeah, he right now, he's just a runner, a mill inquisitor. I don't think we're going to get much backstory out of him. I think he is literally just there for the lightsaber fights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think so either. I do think I still am kind of on the lines that he's going to die in Mall. And that's why we don't see him later on in the process is because he dies. And that would again, if he dies, especially by Mall's hand, it would makes sense why the Knight sisters bring him back specifically because they knew he gave mal so much trouble, so therefore he could be a force to be reckoned with.
Speaker 1: Now I do want to bring up let me actually scroll all the way up when we were talking about got it uh Brent over at of course Marvel Alliance a gua. He says, I have seen Mal. I like the show, but I do wish he had more actual screen time. How do you feel about And I know we've talked about this before title name and we hardly see the character right.
Speaker 2: And we talked about it last week where we don't feel like Mal is getting enough screen time for really go okay, we're focusing on the side of characters. Where's ma Like, there's no new details for Mal and I would agree with that. I'm trying not to harp on that too too much because I just don't want to be repeating myself weech week, But yes, he doesn't have enough screen time for this to be defined clearly as well. And Lawson and Devin aren't spending enough time talking about Mal to really make it worth the timeframe of like we're throwing more details for what he's doing mm hmm to expand Mall story. Mall is the title character here. If you wanted to just call it this underworld, then call it underworld like so, yes, I'm sorry, finish your thought.
Speaker 1: I think one of the things when it comes to Mall's story, and I think this is something that TV overall has an issue with. My issue with TV is all of the like big story plots with mal personally won't come until the last three episodes.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Everything else is a build up to, Oh, this is what Mall was after all along, you know type of thing.
Speaker 2: And this is the downside of having twenty minute episodes and trying to justify it. The rest of the way is you're losing yourself on storytime, and twenty minute episodes makes sense when you have more episodes to play with ten episodes, the timing doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: I and I apologize. I don't know if you guys can hear my daughter. I can hear outside of my headphones, and I'm just like, what is going on? She's she sounds like she's having fun, So it's it's not terrible.
Speaker 2: At least there's that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I've we've talked about the very unfortunate, what feels like downgrade to television, and I think it has something to do with with our own undoing with the fact that a lot of us are like twenty four episodes. There's so much filler. Why do we need all this, we could use just ten really great episodes blah blah blah, and like.
Speaker 2: They we were talking about ten episodes with forty five minute long episodes that is all thirty minute or twenty minutes. Especially.
Speaker 1: I asked, I asked Abby, why is Amberlin being so loud right now? And she said she is being a ballerina, So that is that is the reason. I never knew ballerinas could be so loud.
Speaker 3: So so yeah.
Speaker 2: I told Maria tonight that barbecue was sausage because she asked for sausage. I was like, this is a different type of sausage. It's barbecue.
Speaker 1: It's so funny teaching like Amberlyn those types of things because like we we uh, like, of course down south hot dogs are hot dogs. Up here, they are also known as Coney's. So we're like, oh, we're gonna get Tony's. And so she's like, ew, I don't want coney So I was like, you eat Coney's all the time. They're hot dogs. She's like, no, hot dog is not a cony. Tony is not a Like she's so a matter of fact, She's like, Dad, you don't know what you're talking about, Like, stop stop lying to me. But yeah, like with with the whole idea around like what we could have gotten for the amount of television that we really want and stuff like that, I do hope that in the future we can get a little more. When it comes to let's say bad Batch. Bad Batch started with how many episodes in season one?
Speaker 2: I feel like it was twenty.
Speaker 1: I feel like it was twenty as well. I think it was. It was a lot, and then by the time season three came around, it down it like down its actual let's see here, let's look for it.
Speaker 2: So sixteen sixteen and fifteen Wow, I thought, I, you know what, bad Batch had the seventy four minute first episode of the season, So that's probably why I thought it was.
Speaker 1: That's probably why. But still adding five to six episodes to something like Maul, I think will be very beneficial. I think they should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because otherwise it just doesn't feel like it feels like we're like drawing this out for a longer episode count. M h and I don't think like you and I both agreed, that's not how this should be done. You need to finish a season should be a story with potentially a cliffhanger to get you into the next season. Yes, it's a complete story. And at this point it feels like they said, oh, you know what, here's a here's a story. We can put this in three seasons and draw this out for three years, like instead of going, here's one story, here's two stories, here's three stories. Oh hey, all three stories lead into this one story overall, and yeah it work.
Speaker 1: Gotta love monetization and capitalism.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, uh, I I just want more.
Speaker 1: I do. I want more. And I'm not saying that this story right now is not good enough because I think it is doing okay. But I know the potential that Star Wars animation and has and this is not up to part I will say.
Speaker 2: That, yes, and I will finish with this. You're wasting the talent of Sam Whitweer and everybody else involved. You wanted Sam whitwre involved in more Star Wars storytelling. You are wasting his talents right now?
Speaker 1: Bingo, right, I think.
Speaker 2: That concludes our discussion.
Speaker 1: Yes it does, Yes, it does. Of course. You can always find me at fanboy clay over on Instagram and threads, so go check me out over it there. Again, some personal stuff is happening. I should be able to make some announcements hopefully pretty soon, and of course always go check out Volume Comics. We are amping up to hopefully our launch next year. We have kind of made terms if we need to push it a little bit, want to do this correctly, and everybody who has had conversations with me is very very excited about getting it all up and running. So it's all very very exciting. But go check me out over there Ranger Alliance. We should have a new episode this upcoming Monday. We have moved to every other Monday, so new episode is going to be next week, so go check us out there and again hyped for the Mando movie. We finally get to have a live show movie review for the first time for me in Star Wars Alliance.
Speaker 2: So I've never had one either, so this is the first in general.
Speaker 1: Wait did you oh? Because it was one year prior to you guys starting Star Wars Alliance for the Rise of Skywalker. Okay, okay, okay, So yeah, it's gonna be very very fun, very exciting. One month, guys, one month. But Katie, what about you? Y'all?
Speaker 2: You can find me on most social media platforms. That's at sliced Katie. Remember we're on Blue Sky Instagram and threads at Star Wars Lines at the AA and the war's very important. To forget it. I did remember to post on Threads that we would be going live, so I will try to do the same next week. We'll see what happens. But that username guys for you is in the description box below or at Star Wars Lines without the A and the war is very important. Don't forget it. I think I said that already. Actually boops, Oh well, it'll be fine. You can also put that user name in front of at gmail dot com and shoose an email as always. Like with mashadow Lord, happening right now before Mandalorian and Grogu premiers at the end of May. We would love to hear from you, guys. What are your thoughts on the box office prediction for the Mandalorian Girl Go? Is it good? Is it bad? Is it terrible? Is it amazing? Tell us let us go. We'll talk about it more next week. So with that, I want to wish everyone a great day or night, whatever time of day you are listening or watching, and we will see you next time. May the Force be with you.