Speaker 1: K f I am sixty. You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Now on Garyan Shannon is time for swamp Watch.
Speaker 2: I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops.
Speaker 1: Here we got.
Speaker 3: The real problem is that our leaders are dumb.
Speaker 2: The other side never quits.
Speaker 3: So what I'm not going anywhere so that now.
Speaker 4: You train the swap, I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 2: You know, Americans have always been going at president. They're not stupid.
Speaker 4: A political plunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 2: Why have the people voted for you? With not swamp Watch? They're all counter on.
Speaker 5: Watch today brought to you by the Good Feet Store. Are you living with foot pain? Have you been diagnosed with plantar fasci? Iis visit the Good Feet Store and learn how you can find relief without shots, surgeries or medications.
Speaker 1: I got to ask you a question, how well do you know your civics? How well do you know how your own country works?
Speaker 2: You know? Three ring circus three branches of government that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: And I think a lot of times we get married about stuff because we don't know how things actually work. Donald Trump is our president. He was elected by more people is than the popular vote, and he amassed more Electoral College votes. He is the president and to the victor go the spoils. And although many people may not agree with his legislative agenda, he has the right to enact it. Now, there are ways in which you can push back against that in the legal sense. You can offer legal challenges, you can try to force it up the court system, the pellet courts and the appeals court, and then it goes to the Supreme Court. Then the Supreme Court rules, and after that it's done. And one of those examples is having to do with firing federal workers. There was a challenge to what Doeze was doing. Whether they could the Trump administration legally fire federal workers. And that's separate and distinct from whether they had the autonomy and the power to move different budget items around, in other words, take federal funding. Just talking about firing federal workers, and for weeks now we've waited on the Supreme Court to make a decision whether the Trump administration had the power, the legal right to fire federal workers. Scota said, yes, the president has that power, and the Trump administration is going to move ahead with these mass layoffs. This is what I would say, and this goes back to what I said earlier about the federal government versus state and local governments. I look at the federal government as the insurance policy. Reason why we have the FDA is it's an insurance policy to make sure that bad actors aren't messing with our food, for example. The reason why we had the EPA, and I say had as in past tense, because it's been basically dismantled, is to make sure that we're not doing things to environment which long term could really really be bad for us, be bad for us individually, be bad for us collectively and as a community. The reason why we have these federal agencies because it's not realistic to have states monitor quote unquote the environment, the food, and so forth.
Speaker 2: That's why you have these federal agencies.
Speaker 1: The Trump administration has come from the standpoint that there's too much blow. We don't need to have these agencies. We don't need to have the Department of Education. I personally disagree with that. I'm really big on education, but the Trump administration has taken the stand that there is too much bloat and we don't need this size of federal government, and so pursuing to the election and so that we are in a democracy, Well, let me stop right there. Yes, I know we're in a constitutional republic. But constitutional republic is a form of democracy. It's a representative democracy. It's shorthand. Okay, so you can use either interchangeably. It's not a true democracy is one person in one vote and so forth. But a constitutional republic is a form of democracy. We use democracy as a shorthand. I don't need you to correct me. Can't stand that. Learn your civics. But my point is since Donald Trump won and became president, these are some of the steps that he is taking as president. And they're moving ahead with these mass layoffs, going back to my analogy of how the federal government, I believe is an insurance policy. We won't see the direct and indirect effect of these mass layoffs until down the road. We talked earlier about how FEMA has a role and to what extent a role it should play in the MA management of disasters. When states themselves are unable to handle the size of them. If you think that Mississippi can handle a hurricane disaster in the same way that maybe Texas could, you're deluding yourself. There is a role for the federal government to play, but we won't see the true effects of a diminished or an eradicated FEMA in the short term. Most likely we would see it in the long term when we have a mass casualty event or some sort of disaster of mother Nature and thousands of people have been impacted, and oh like, for example, what's going on in North Carolina right now and how they're trying to rebuild, and they have been petitioning the federal government. Alabama's been petitioning the federal government for more aid in light of the tornadoes. This is something that could impact states and communities for years. Think about what happened with Hurricane Katrina in the city of New Orleans, and I visited New Orleans, and it took New Orleans at least ten years with the help of FEMA the federal government to get back to some sense of normality. But we won't know the importance of FEMA until down the road. We won't know until we have an issue which impacts tens of thousands of people we won't know, and so in the short term the Trump administration, they will be firing people left and right, thousands and thousands of people. And there's an argument to be made, a good argument as far as whether all these federal employees are necessary. That is a good argument. There is an argument to be made about our budgeting, whether we are spending the money in the right way, on the right things, on the right people, at the right time, and under the right circumstances. Those are legitimate arguments. But there's also a legitimate argument as to whether this wholesale slashing of departments and agencies without real analysis of their impact and import has unintended consequences down the road. And again, I like the insurance analogy because I remember, and if you're over the age of forty, you remember as well. Elmer, I think you're under the age of forty, so he may not be there yet, but I remember when I was twenty one twenty two years old, I never got sick. I was in perfect health. I was working out every day. The whole idea of carrying health insurance is like you want me to pay for health insurance when I'm healthy all the time, I don't need health insurance. And this is actually before they even mandated car insurance. I said, I don't need car insurance. You know how much money I could save.
Speaker 2: Waste, fraud, and abuse.
Speaker 1: You know how much money I could save if I didn't pay for health insurance, if I didn't pay for car insurance.
Speaker 2: My car is just fine. I'm a good driver.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna get any accidents, and I'm not gonna get sick. I don't need long term dissabl ability on my work insurance.
Speaker 2: I don't need any of that.
Speaker 1: And then you get a little older, and then you start understanding how and why you need it there just in case you need it there for actual disasters or emergencies. And you get older and you understand the long term applications of not having health insurance, not having car insurance, whether you can afford it or not, but not having it can make a disaster even worse. And this is what I think may happen here in America with all this wholesale cutting of agencies and employees for the sake of numerology, for the sake of budgets, for the sake of line items saving money. Sometimes you can cut off an arm and the leg and then you end up killing the body all together. Gary Shannon Show, I'm O Kelly here.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And the second portion of Swamp Watch.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about tariffs generally and specifically. We know our president is really focusing on using tariffs to i'll say realign our trade relationships all around the world. Originally he had talked about some ninety trade deals in ninety days, didn't quite make it there. He has the framework on three different trade deals and maybe one another in the pipeline. But for any trade deal to be consummated has to be passed by Congress, going back to Civics first and foremost, So saying we have a deal and even the announcement of a deal does not mean we actually have a deal until the deal is consummated via of Congress. And when you watch these things, when you listen to things, I always want to make sure that people know what they're listening to or what's being told to them. You can come to your own conclusion, but you should know. But is factual and what is fiction? And as far as tariffs are concerned, I hope people know. Like, let's say Elmer. I'm gonna pick on Elmer for a second. And Elmer has his business, Elmer's Widgets. Elmer's widgets is doing real well, and he sells widgets for maybe a dollar each. And President Trumps said, we're putting a tariff on all widgets. But Elmer has to buy his widgets from China. In this hypothetical, so for you, Elmer, you sell your widgets at a dollar each. Yeah, you buy excuse me, you sell them. You have to buy them for a dollar each. Okay, you purchase each unit a dollar each. And then the President says, we're gonna put a twenty five percent tariff on your widgets, which means you, as Elmer's widgets, have to pay the dollar twenty five for each widget wholesale costs. No, because that's how you get your widgets from China. That twenty five percent is a cost that you have to incur. China's not paying it. China is saying, hey, Elmer, if you want these widgets, they're gonna cost more because there's a tariff, which means the importer. You as the importer, you're bringing the widgets into the country, you have to pay for them. Now you have a decision to make elmore. You can purchase those widgets at a dollar twenty five and either eat it or pass it along.
Speaker 2: To the consumer. That's up to you.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see, but China does not pay that tariff. China is only offering you the opportunity to purchase your goods from China. The whole point of a tariff is to make or i should say, level a competitive playing field where let's say you have United States manufacturers domestic manufacturers of widgets. Then you can say, okay, since it's more expensive to import your widgets, you may look for an American supplier of widgets and let's say a cost maybe a dollar fifteen to provide that same widget to you, and you know, USA widgets is now a better option. But as far as paying the tariff, China doesn't pay it. Anyone who would then want to import those widgets pays the tariff. So when someone says China's going to pay the tariff for these other countries is going to pay the tariff, that is actually not true. The importer pays the tariff, and the importer then has to make a decision whether the importer Elmer's Widgets, is going to pass that on to me as a cost who wants to buy widgets, or Elmer's Widgets can eat that and just still sell.
Speaker 2: It at a dollar.
Speaker 1: That means you're losing money because you're paying more than what you're selling it for. Whatever your margins were beforehand. You may even shrink your margins. Let's say you were selling that widget at a dollar fifty. Originally you're paying for it for a dollar per unit and selling it for a dollar fifty. Now you're paying a dollar twenty five per unit. You can still sell it for a dollar fifty. That would mean you're eating the cost the price increase because of the tariff. Or you can say, now I'm going to sell it for a dollar seventy five and get my twenty five cents back twenty five cents extra. And that is how we should look at these stories about teriffs. When the President says that a fifty percent tariff on copper imports is coming, and he threatens a two hundred percent want on pharmaceuticals, that only matters relative to what the importer decides to do, said at the Cabinet meeting yesterday, quote, we're doing copper and the added they who believe the rate would be fifty percent. And we know that most imported cars in car parts are facing a twenty five percent tariff. Imported steel and aluminum both face fifty percent tariffs. So importers, car companies, or any company which uses copper now has to make a decision. They can either purchase and import the copper or the other parts for cars at the increased price point and then decide to pass that on to consumers like you and me, or they can find an American supplier to get their copper from and depending on the raw goods and materials. We don't have that in America, but if you have the option, then you can look to an American supplier and buy from them. The thinking behind the tariff is if you put a high enough tariff, then people will have no choice but to buy America. That works in theory provided you can buy American. Like for example, if you have a smartphone. Everybody has a smartphone. You might be listening on the iHeartRadio app. Those chips, those semiconductor chips are all made in China and Taiwan, so that phone is most likely going to cost more no matter what. China's not paying for that, Taiwan is not paying for that. You as a consumer are most likely going to pay that unless Apple or Google decide to eat that tariff because the smart the smartphone semiconductor chips now cost more because of these tariffs. It's complicated and at the same time it's simple. The tariffs are going to be passed on to us most likely, and we're going to be paying more for the goods and services. But it does open up the door the possibility in certain industries, depending on what it is, for us to instead buy American. But they're almost virtually no products which are completely constructed and manufactured here in America. You can go get a Ford, which is a quote unquote American made car, and that crosses the border many times. It has all sorts of parts which are made outside the country, which are brought into the country, which are which will have a tariff put on them, and it still makes the final product the Forward automobile, which is quote unquote an American company. That car is still going to cost more because it's its internal parts were made overseas and they're not made here. They still cross the border from maybe Canada, and they go back and forth in their tariff each time that they cross the border. So even though you may be buying American, not every part in it is made in America or is available to be purchased in America.
Speaker 2: This is another thing.
Speaker 1: Where it's going to take I would say months, maybe even years to see the full impact of this tariff war, if you will, and see whether it's good for economy or not. If you're trying to make a decision right now, you're not really paying attention because it's going to take some time for the markets to settle and decide whether we want to pay the prices that importers are passing along to us or whether we're going to just not buy anything at all. So keep on watching. It's a Garyan Shannon show. Mo Kelly Here, I am six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: And I love the opportunity if I should be filling in for Gary and Shannon to talk to people like Justin Wersham, Huh, because not only do they sometimes forget how fricking funny you are. Oh that's very kind, but you're a good dude, and we need to talk more just in general. So let's talk about parenting with Justin Worsham. Yeah, where do you want to start today?
Speaker 4: I think you're I think you and I are gonna have a lot of mileage in these eighties tropes of parenting that are long gone that they would be illegal today because when I first saw this, I didn't know you were filling in, and I like to find things that will sometimes trigger Gary. But when I found out you were here, I'm like, this is gonna more than trigger MO, Like, I think this is this excites you like it does because I was a kid who was raised on the belt, and I'm a firm believer of physical discipline.
Speaker 2: Beat your kids before they grow up and break in my house. I'm serious. I would rather That's part of why it's so funny. I'm not to get I'm so serious.
Speaker 1: I would rather they learn strict physical discipline than smash again grabby right.
Speaker 4: I wonder you know that is interesting? I wonder what the over under is on people who are incarcerated of like if they had physical discipline in their like. I also like they call it corporal punishment, which I think is interesting.
Speaker 1: We had teachers wrap my knuckles with a ruler. Yeah, in school, But I'm a firm believe it to be real serious and not taken away from you. My father was very strict with me, and he was teaching me parameters boundaries that the world if it were to treat teach me later, I would end up in jail or did He was saying that I need you to teach you this. If you do this and go too far and you get your ass whipped by me, is because I'd rather it come from me than the prison.
Speaker 2: Or the morgue or both. Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well here let's go down these. Just to give you some more rant stuff is letting kids ride in the front seat just at General.
Speaker 2: I was always so bad.
Speaker 4: I told you before we came back that I had my son was maybe five months old. We're going to a road trip to Denver to take my.
Speaker 2: Son to sea. Young children saying, oh, he he was very young.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying this is anybody, But I'm just giving the example as an extreme example. We were driving through a snowstorm. I was doing maybe fifteen to twenty miles an hour. My son was five months old. He needed either a diaper change or to eat, and my wife's like, you gotta pull over so I could feed him or whatever. I was like, no, I go just do it in the car. We're barely moving. She's like, we can't do that, that's illegal. I'm like you and I didn't have car seats. We we sat like. I did a three day road trip to Texas where they just put like a spot where a suitcase would go in the trunk of a station wagon, and that is where I lived for three days.
Speaker 2: I will do you one better. I bet you have far father's car.
Speaker 1: It had a bench as a back seat, and a bench is a front seat. Didn't have bucket seats. I don't think it even it had a lap seat belt. It didn't have a shoulder seat belt.
Speaker 2: Swinging loose. Nobody woreried.
Speaker 1: It was just follow you while you're rolling in the side and he stabled the brakes and I bounce off the front bench seat.
Speaker 2: Like the old con put you off, jarm out. That's you.
Speaker 4: That was your parental seat belt smoking around the kid. This was my entire childhood, to the point where my dad passed away. I took up smoking again just as a way of remembering.
Speaker 2: Both my parents.
Speaker 1: Smoked until they were forty and my father's mother had come to live with us, my grandmother, and she smoked until the day she died. She would smoke in the car with the windows rolled up, and I'm the kid she'd picked me up from school, and I'm thinking, Wow, this is what it's like to smoke, because the whole car was filled with smoke.
Speaker 2: Talk about second half smoked. I should be dead at lump cancer by my head turn while you're kindergarten. This is one that I think is interesting.
Speaker 4: But because there's no like a physic like official age in the law, but letting kids stay home alone at a very young age, like I was in third grade, probably seven eight years old, when I was home alone after school for a while, how about you.
Speaker 2: I got two words for you. That's key. Kid.
Speaker 1: If you were home and could lock the door, you were good because the instructions were don't open the door for anyone and don't turn on the stove.
Speaker 4: But I was like today's kids. I think they feel traumatized if they get left alone. I thought it was magical. I can watch whatever I wanted on TV, I could eat whatever I wanted. I never felt neglected at all by it.
Speaker 1: What did you do for sick days? My parents went to work, I was home sick or sick air quotes.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: And many times I was maybe four or five years old. Now today they would look at that as like parental neglect.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Me, it was like, hey, cartoon, this is great show, right, it's a win.
Speaker 2: This This is where maybe I get too bubble. Maybe you'll disagree with me.
Speaker 4: But leaving kids in the car while running errands, like going into the store, like that's pretty especially it's other California.
Speaker 2: That's not a good idea. It's not a good idea then or now.
Speaker 1: But when they did it back in the day, we had vinyl seats, which were like, oh yeah, say leather, I said, vinyl and those things and the dashboard it would start cracking over there. It's just from the heat. It was much more dangerous than than now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know this was a thing, but I just don't even remember having car set. But it says no car seats after age three. I don't ever remember there being a car seat, like I think you have car seats like up until like they're twelve. Their feet gotta be all today. Yeah, today they're almost like thirteen fourteen, like I took it out.
Speaker 2: Of ten, like I just said, you're done, We're done here, this fine.
Speaker 1: I never sat in a car seat in my life. No, me neither, So I don't know when the law changed. But you know, I thought if they could sit in the seat belt and the lap excuse me, the cross belt didn't cut their necks off their circulation, they were good enough.
Speaker 4: The biggest tragedy of the kids today is letting them play outside all day without checking in. Remember when the street lights came in, that was the international sign you had to go home.
Speaker 1: I had to check in every two and a half hours. Really, yes, Oh I had to call in obviously from a landfill. Yeah, I remember my mother called the police. I mean when I didn't check in after five hours, I rode my bike from Harbor City to Torrents and I said, I'm not going to check in, and then I was gone.
Speaker 2: I missed my check in. It's almost like proof of life concept.
Speaker 1: I didn't call in, so they called LAPD on me and put in a missing person's report. So when I came home at five o'clock, true story, and I and all the kids in the neighborhood they saw him.
Speaker 2: It's like, where you been? And I said, ride in my bike? What the FM deal? What do you care? I said, don't go home home. That's not your home anymore. You're on the lamb.
Speaker 1: And I hit the corner and I saw a LAPD in my driveway and I speed up, thinking like, what did someone gets shot?
Speaker 2: Did they robbed the house? It was a burglary.
Speaker 1: And I got home and my mother's looking like, bring your black ass.
Speaker 4: This is what you like spanking in public. You already talked about that, you're a fan of that. This is when I get so much flak, even from my kids pediatrician letting kids drink soda all day. I never touched water as a kid, stayed alive. My parents didn't allow me to drink soda.
Speaker 1: For you, and to their credit, I do not drink any soda now.
Speaker 2: So that was a good habit they instilled in me.
Speaker 4: I'll do this last one because I just love the way it's written. No sunscreen, helmets or safety cure, just vibes like I like that they modernized it. I lost a couple of baby teeth riding my bike, Yeah, and fell in the street, knocked my teeth out right in front of my house.
Speaker 1: My mother lost her mind. I remember kicking a bottle and cutting my foot open. Didn't get stitches. Yeah, you know, I drank water on the hose. I did all those things, all those dangerous, stupid things. I played Ding dong ditch toilet paper people's houses. They shoot you for that now, Yeah, but I can say I've lived now. They come and they come to your door and they just spray you a silly string. That's the extent of the prank. No, I wouldn't even do that now because it's dangerous. You know, they shoot people through doors being very serious. I wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. But yeah, that's all the stuff. From that.
Speaker 4: I think the big thing, like, the biggest thing that we're taking away from these young kids is that they don't have any awareness. Like I'm not saying I want kids to get hurt or I want them to be in dangerous situations, but when everything is a bubble, like if you go to a pickup at.
Speaker 2: A middle school or a high school. Those kids just walk.
Speaker 4: Into a hot crosswalk and they don't even look paying attention their phones.
Speaker 2: They're just looking at the ground. Yeah, it's it's amazingly you just assume that to stop. Yeah, we got to pick this up.
Speaker 1: On the other side, I think we were born the same day, same place, ye lived in the same house.
Speaker 2: Are you should You're not my brother? I would be so great if I was. This would be a great day to find out and be done. Look, daddy, you got something explaining to do. I would be so happy to be able to use the phrase brother from another mother.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: O Kelly infiguring Shannon, just today, just today, It'll be all right. You're talking parenting with just what's you get those messages like what are you doing? Why are you here?
Speaker 4: That it's true about radio listeners specifically, I feel like any deviation from the pattern and it's my fault.
Speaker 2: It's like, why.
Speaker 1: Because they called me, I promise you A would have been snoring right now.
Speaker 2: I didn't plan to be. I'm the night guy. I'm not I don't want to be here. I'm just keeping the chair warm.
Speaker 4: That's great, but it's almost there's almost like a correlation here.
Speaker 2: We talk about parenting and kids.
Speaker 1: These expectations that kids have, They just expect things. They expect that you're going to pay for their lifestyle, and to some degree, at some ages that's accurate. After a certain point, it's not accurate and they start taking liberties.
Speaker 4: I heard an interesting stat that this generation of children is going to be the first generation that is less well off than their parents were financially.
Speaker 1: And part of that is not their fault. Like, for example, when I moved out an owl's mouthing off to my mother, she kicked me out and I deserved it. No point there, But I moved in with my friends into a three bedroom apartment.
Speaker 2: This is nineteen ninety one, No. Ninety two.
Speaker 1: Moved into a three bedroom apartment in Torrents. We all paid four hundred dollars each. So it's twelve hundred dollars for a three bedroom in nineteen ninety two, and a good part of torrans that's at least four thousand dollars now at least.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's as we've even talked about the idea of maybe leaving Southern California when my kids are done with high school, because I don't they can't just get a regular job here in Southern California and get a house, like there's no way they can afford it, Like I have so many parents who have to kick in at least a quarter of a million dollars in some cases as much as seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars, or even one case where a parent paid one point three million dollars just paid for the house because the kids. There's no way that a kid could afford it.
Speaker 1: To appreciate this, my parents, my father's passed on, but they bought this house that they live in, my mother lives in now to this date, they've lived in more than fifty years. They bought it in Harbor City in nineteen seventy five for fifty four thousand dollars a four bedroom house, two person, two parent salary.
Speaker 2: They're both teachers, so moderate middle income.
Speaker 1: But they could buy a four bedroom house for fifty four thousand dollars in nineteen seventy five. Now the house now is probably worth more than a million. Oh, that's no matter where you are, okay. Yeah, that's that time is never coming back. And I'm not going to blame people who were just born later in the in the in the timeline of history.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because inflation doesn't caught up with wages, haven't caught up with the inflation of those prices, not at all. In fact, part of what the other segment I want to talk about was empty nests, and they talk about that more than half of kids that are eighteen to twenty nine either live at home or are supported by their parents in some way financially, where in nineteen sixty was twenty five percent.
Speaker 2: We do the latter.
Speaker 1: In other words, you have to show the initiative and will help you relative to the initiatives the show. You got to make sure that you're at least gainfully employed. I want to know that you're working in the right direction, that you're playing Paying for a modicum of your bills, Like you're paying for your car will help you with your insurance. You're paying for rent, will help you with your rent. In other words, if you're trying to do the right thing, then my wife and I can see a way to help you.
Speaker 2: But if you're just sitting on your.
Speaker 1: Ass and saying like, hey, everything's so expensive out there, you're leaving us no choice but to ignore you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can't live here.
Speaker 4: Like we talked about the last sec are a possible mutual father My dad said to me at one point where I said I needed some help for some money, He's like, I've helped you before. It doesn't seem to work. So you're going to figure this one out on your own. Best thing you ever did for me, Like best thing he ever did. Now, again, I'm not trying to imply that people need just to throw their kids out of the house, but there is there's a middle of the road. There's a middle of the road between like no help whatsoever, regardless of the circumstance. To me, that's not what family is for, and then covering everything with a very little to no expectation on the kid, like how do you expect them to rise that expectation if you don't have one.
Speaker 1: This is something that I actually had to argue and fight with my wife over because when I have blended family stepsons, but I had them as teenagers, and so I look at it through a different lens, and I was brought up in this way My parents were firm in the idea of giving me a bill, giving me something that I was responsible for. In today's world, that translates to paying for their cell phone. So they have to show a level of responsibility to keep something which is important to them. And then by the time they're at nineteen twenty twenty one, they're hopefully a better manager of money and understand that with choices come consequence as far as how they spend their money, and maybe they're better prepared to handle multiple bills because.
Speaker 4: It's becoming a growing trend. They call it multi generational housing where kids are staying in.
Speaker 2: This was also I did some research in it.
Speaker 4: This was common in other cultures, just not the Caucasian culture.
Speaker 2: Evidently, we want.
Speaker 4: Our kids to hell out of the house, but they're there's something to tell you about Black culture.
Speaker 2: Okay, these mother fathers need to get out. I will help you. And my wife said it. She made it very clear.
Speaker 1: She said, you were above eighteen, I don't need a roommate. So you're gonna either go to school or are you gonna go I told him by my dad at one time. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I was halfway through my senior year I turned eighteen, and then the dynamic changed.
Speaker 2: We were always very close.
Speaker 4: He was like my best friend my entire life, not in the friend way like he was a dad, right, but still like I love.
Speaker 2: Talking to him, I love hanging out with him.
Speaker 4: And it took me until I was like twenty one, like everybody, and I look back and I was like, hey, were you like an a hole on purpose when I turned eighteen? Because you wanted me to leave? And this he said, a great line, He goes, I didn't want you to be comfortable?
Speaker 2: Yes, no, I said tect to my wife. I said, they're too comfortable. There's no reason to leave.
Speaker 1: If you're paying for their food, they're sheltered, their clothing, their phone bill, their car note, their car insurance.
Speaker 2: That's a great life. Who could get it? Who would want to leave that? I would love a sugar mama, right, I said. I looked at my wife. I said, do you do that for me? Why are we going to do that for these crumb snatchers? They don't even do dishes? It's so true, so true. Last word is yours? Just empty. Nesting is what we were trying to talk about.
Speaker 4: The point is make sure you stay connected as a couple because eventually all the kids leave and you don't want to be distracted.
Speaker 2: So if you got a youngest kid.
Speaker 4: Who's going to be leaving soon, start having some date nights because a lot of people find themselves struggling when they're like, we don't have that buffer or distraction of kids, and this is.
Speaker 2: You and me again. Oh.
Speaker 1: The best thing about being empty nestres because all the sons have left is I had to let them know. It's like, yes, you may know the code to walk in the house, digital locks and that kind of thing, but do not, under any circumstances walk in this house unmounts okay, because I like to walk around bucket ass naked. So if you want to go against that, that's on you.
Speaker 2: That's on you.
Speaker 4: What you see is what you see. You don't live here anymore, Okay. Had to live with her in laws because their house is getting worked on. And one day they came home and her mom and dad were on the couch having a good old time and she's said, oh oh, and her husband.
Speaker 2: Was like, that's great.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy for them, like at their age especially, and now every time she would come home, she'd shake her keys and keep her like we're here.
Speaker 2: You learn your lesson? Did you? Justin is always good to see you.
Speaker 4: Better see you man, Thank you, Garry Shannonshow mo Kelly here KFI AM six forty We're live, everybody, I Heart Radio app.
Speaker 1: You've been listening so later with Mo Kelly. You can always hear us live on kf I AM six forty seven pm to ten pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app