Speaker 1: Kenna Kenna eh Man. Yeah, welcome back to Calling All Beings. I'm your host DJ.
Speaker 2: And I'm your co host Boston Via.
Speaker 1: Get a namemen for that. I'll tell you what part of people super happy to be here doing a damn thing. We all tonight and what we're gonna do. We have some cool stuff. We're gonna get an update on what's happening in the the Miles King case with our very uncourageous friend Adam Lally. Then we're gonna get into We are going to watch with you the Missing for one one bidness and we're gonna get your reactions to it. Those reactions can be in the chat, those reactions can be on the phone. But the promise I'm gonna make to you and the Boston BIA gonna make to you, Hi Jen, how are you is that it's gonna blow your mind when you hear these these cases. These have been covered, I believe by the great David Plaids, and they're covered by a a content creator. We're gonna introduce you to tonight who's anonymous Hi lu LaBelle named X Zone Missing. So I'm very excited about that. His content is amazing the way high three Clark Monty, how are you? Who else? Way? We have a valves in the house, the official Attorney of Call calling all beings Valhalla Law is here, The Rocker Chick is here. Hey? What's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Hey doing he Let's see who else is here? Lady oh, the great content creator, Lady Zelda Hella? How you like that? Hello? I'm reready's out that you are right? I'm not?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: And also I want to put this up. Let me get a photo. Okay, Yeah, let's let's do this damn thing before we get into it, before we get into talking about missing people. I'm gonna talk a little bit about Kelly Deaver. I know I said your name wrong, and I'm gonna throw a temper tantrum, you know. And I just want to say this about uh miss right now, or you know what, I'll call her the proper name for the purposes of this conversation, Miss dev People call me DeMarco as my last name. It's happened a zillion times in my life. Okay. But if I'm sitting on the stand of a murder trial where a woman can go to to jail for second degree murder, the one thing you don't want to act like in terms of like that like a little baby is you don't want to act like like she did. No, not you, Adam, I'm talking about I'm talking about this one. You know what. Let me get her up on the screen, right yeah, let me get yeah yeah, So go ahead, you know, can you expand on that a little bit? What you saw in her testimony.
Speaker 3: Well, it just wasn't very becoming of a sworn police officer my opinion.
Speaker 2: It just seemed I mean, for somebody.
Speaker 3: Who's supposed to I mean police police officers are trained on how to you know, going to court as part of their job, right like they this is part of their training, and I.
Speaker 2: Just didn't show it.
Speaker 3: She didn't come across as unbiased, she didn't come across as professional in any way. So it was just very immature, definitely very you know, just not what you would expect from a police police officer, no matter how young they were.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, I mean that you don't want to you don't, you don't want to act. Oh yet it looks like they've got the photo I found of her, they haven't said, as a web app, so they don't want me to download it, which is so these people are so stupid. They make it like they created the artwork, and it's like, dude, guess what, like you did create this man? You know I got news for you. You did not invent the artwork. That is a photograph of Kelly Deaver. I mean, like, get over yourself, man, really, So I'll see if it'll let me down, download it and show it. What I've had to do, like what I had to do with Lally, was I had to get a specific app in order to convert that, to convert that to a different file so that I could show it. Because yeah, they did the same thing with this one. Yeah, they're like little little children. They you know what, there's another way I can show it. So guess what, a CB whatever, You're not going to keep me from showing it, because what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna show this resent present, Hobs. I'm sorry. Here we go, all right, here we go. We'll share this one. Uh there it is, okay, So I think everybody can see multitudes of her face right now, much to your chagrin. Very unprofessional, And I want to talk about the substance of what of what she did and what she said when she said I'm required to tell the truth or I lose my job. And and and then what she actually did talk about that would you be a sure?
Speaker 3: I mean, she said she went to the Commissioner's office and she was told do the right thing. And you know, subsequent to her testifying, Commissioner Cox said, I've never I've never talked to her. So who's lying here? Is it Commissioner Cox or is it Kelly Dever?
Speaker 1: I both actually both because she didn't want to characterize. She first of all, she had trouble characterizing what the nature of the conversation was. But then she eventually said, he stands by his officers. I said, we support you. And then he was like he didn't even want to admit that he knew her and had a conversation. I don't know anything about Karen.
Speaker 2: Read So did she have another false memory?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Another false memory? And the thing the thing is is when you said, and I'm talking to you now, Kelly, you said you sworn oath. You said, I swore an oath. This is part of my job. You know, if I don't do this, I get fired. You know, all these kinds of things. And what you really missed is the what oath really matters. Is it the oath that you swear in court, is it your sworn oath as an officer of the law, or is it the unsworn oath, the unwritten rule that no matter what other officers do, you support them. What's more important, what can you rank them for me? One, two, and three?
Speaker 3: Well, I would say, are you asking me.
Speaker 1: Or you asking? So I'm asking her? I mean, but if you, if you want to add to what I've said, you have some.
Speaker 3: Thought because her being a swarm police officer and her taking an oath on the stand should be one and the same because at the end of the day, it should be exactly how it happened and should be the truth.
Speaker 2: Right, So those two should match.
Speaker 1: Yes, it should be the truth. But the then there's the unwritten rule that Alan made reference to that she would not admit to. And she said, I don't remember, So you're gonna sit there to us and okay, you're telling me is you swore You're gonna lie on the stand and say there may been cameras in there, but I don't remember. I don't know what they were showing. You're a liar. Yeah, you went on television and you lied in front of everybody. You lied because you know you work there. You know if are you ninety years old, you can't remember what happened you know two years ago that inside CPD. You know in your age in your twenties, you remember everything. That's what's so great about being in your teens in your twenties is you remember. One of the sad things is everything stupid you did and every time you were embarrassed. You remember every one of those moments in your teens, in your twenties, in your thirties, and then as you get older, you start to forget and people have to remind you. That's why we have these high school Going to my high school reunion, people can remind me of what an idiot I was, or something I did at a party or said. So you lied, And let me ask you this of the sworn oath as an officer and as as the oath that you took, uh do you swear to tell truth, hold truth, nothing but the truth? So help you God, I do. And then and then you go on there and lie, and you know that if you're successful, is Tim, Hi, Tim, welcome jam the nidos. If you go on there and you lie and you're successful, a woman goes to jail. Karen Reid, another Massachusetts born and raised girl like yourself. Is that okay?
Speaker 3: And never mind the fact that it was as a direct result of her testifying when she were not testifying, excuse me, when she was questioned by the Feds. This is the whole thing she's trying to spin into a false memory. Is something that she voluntarily gave to them and then tried to walk it back. So it wasn't like somebody said, like, she this is what she said to the Feds.
Speaker 1: Well, she that's because she knew. And when Alan tried to ask her, did they tell you would be prosecuted that it was a crime to lie to them? And she she didn't want to admit that. And then she she says to him, and you told me on the phone. And I think thought Alan should have answered her back in court that when she said that, you told me you were going to file charges again. No, I'm sorry. I'm not a prosecutor anymore, although I was for sixteen years. I can't file charges as a defense attorney. Dummy. Yeah, Hifina Vena's here, but and thank you demonstrating loyalty was much more important to her than credibility. Immature, unprofessional demeanor was demonstrating her extreme loyalty to the PPD slash her tribe. Thank you, val, That's exactly what it was. Thank you. Was she forced to lie in the stand by the well? First of all, nobody can force you stand by the commission and then said he didn't know who she was. Would that be grounds for her to sue him? Does the commissioner's order trump? Well, no, it doesn't. No, it doesn't. Again, when you go in front of court, I mean they do it all the time. I mean police officers probably lie every single day in a court somewhere. And I shouldn't say probably, they do, and that's not you know, I mean they just look at it as that's part of the job. It's either them or us. But ultimately, you're out there, you're at the cape, you're having a fucking barbecue with your husband or boyfriend whatever it is, who I think is also a cop. And this lady goes to jail Aaron Reid. But it's okay, It's totally okay if Reid goes to jail because of the fact that you know, you had to support these other officers. It's just you know, it's just part of it. Yeah, So what if she goes to jail, I'll look at her on the I'll change the channel, you know, give me the remote when they do it. When I'm watching twenty twenty, you know, I turn on in twenty twenty, happens to be ond and her profiling Karen Reid at a women's prison, and she has an orange jumpsuit. And it's okay, cool, I mean because I had to protect Higgins, right.
Speaker 3: But protect Higgins at what costs to now never be trusted again? Because you can't believe anything that this, you know that she says.
Speaker 2: She can't.
Speaker 3: I mean, any case that she's touched in the past, are they gonna believe what she said? Because it could be a false memory. She admitted that she has false memory. This could literally be a condition.
Speaker 1: But how did be a how how is this girl gonna go and just live her and just go? You know, this is cool? Man, Higgins may have participated in the murder. I saw he and Berkie hanging out, hanging.
Speaker 2: Out for usually long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an unusually long time. And she actually used another word that was even more unusual than unusual.
Speaker 2: It was a weirdly weirdly long time. A long time, yeah, a long time.
Speaker 1: Yes, and and and that's okay. That's so, it's okay if Karen goes to prison, as long as we protect Higgins. I don't I don't get it. Fuck Higgins. If Higgins did some ship, Higgins can go and he can suck it, man, he can go suck it up and explain to explain to the UH, the authorities what he did.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: But then I find another job, and you know, some you know something else. Even if you quit and you resign the next day, you know, if you've got a clean record as a law enforcement officer, I can move somewhere else and become a law enforcement officer. It's it's up and until you get on this Brady list. Now you've got problems. If you go to Caneli's Park and you know, near Tampa and go to become a sheriff, a deputy sheriff, that that could be a problem, but not a problem. Just go you know what, I resigned and you go to and they interview you down there in Penel's Park and you're like, yeah, man, I was up in the suburb of Boston Sheriff, and I mean they were trying to I mean they wanted me to lie and then and put this girl in jail for murder. I saw something on camera, and I told the FBI the truth. You know what that Sheriff's gonna say, be you.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm proud of you for telling the truth.
Speaker 1: Like Steve, the North Carolina police officer we had on right, Yeah cool? And how about the North Carolina trooper that was in the chat with chatting with us, He's gonna be like cool. I know they do all this mob kind of shit up in Boston or New York, but we're not. You know, we don't do that here. Man or even Sheriff Eric Ayden down there in Fort Walton Beach his officer went and shot that airman at his doorstep. Yeah, fired a day later, fired and then arrested.
Speaker 3: I just don't understand what she thought, like like by her walking that statement back, by her protecting Higgins, exactly what was gonna was it worth her losing her career?
Speaker 1: Like well she she obviously didn't look that far into it. What is it? Is her boyfriend or husband a cop?
Speaker 2: I actually don't know. I think I don't think she's married, but I said.
Speaker 1: Her boyfriend's a cop. Is her boyfriend? If someone in the chat can clear this up for us, Hi, Coco, how are you? How is I'm sorry, how's Brian doing? And uh, I'm just kidding. I was just kidd that's supposed to be funny. Do a fake laugh now, thank you? That's that's a fake laugh, thank you? Yes, all right. So so yeah, I don't think she thought that far or she didn't consult. I can't speak to what was in her mind other than to do the wrong thing. And and what should have been in her mind is you know what, I can walk in and resign tomorrow and I can go get a job elsewhere, and my jacket is clean. My jacket is clean because you know when I when I went and I applied for a police academy, uh, and actually was accepted to a police academy which was in Brevard County in Florida, And they had patches on the wall from at least one hundred different police institutions that came and spoke at that academy, and they said, that jacket follows you everywhere. So what you do in this department, it's not like it might have been in the you know, the seventies or maybe even the early eighties. That jacket from when you started this academy, that jacket goes with you everywhere you go, and her jacket is clean. If she goes to somewhere else, I don't even think she has to leave the state personally. You think Great Barrington cares what these ass wipes do in Canton, PD. I don't think so. I don't even know that some of the troopers necessarily care. But that's neither here nor there. It could have been Rhode Island, it could have been New York, it could have been New Jersey, it could have been Maryland, whatever, you know. But what she did do is now she has a dirty record because of the stupid Rady thing. But that shouldn't be her biggest concern. Her biggest concern should be Karen effing Red. That should be her concern. This woman almost went to jail for doing nothing but dropping her boyfriend off at this home, and these animals covered it up and put him out in the snow. And unless you're an idiot, you know that. And none of you are idiots, not even you anti Karen Reid not even Kevin, not even Kate. Kate knows what happened that night. Kevin knows what happened that night. All of these morons know what happened that night. They're just doing this for another they have another reason. Let's get her off the stage and get this guy on there, tough guy here. Let's get this tough guy on there, Ti get away.
Speaker 3: Wow. He You know, we were expecting him to continue with you know, his his his testimony, and you know it didn't happen. The judge got stuck on wanting a spreadsheet after the defense attorney, what is it? Scipechio said, some meat buzz. So anyways, you know, this poor defense attorney that morning got dumped two hundred pages of discovery just before the hearing, had gotten dumped the previous three hundred pages. She was still sorting through everything, and now the judge and she had her own spreadsheet that the judge looks at and he's like, well, I don't know how to read this.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to read this, and made.
Speaker 3: Her now go sit for three hours with the prosecutor cross referencing and on top of each document in which she was trying to say that is that not all the documents, like the documents she had been receiving all along, they weren't labeled correctly.
Speaker 2: They weren't what they said the documents were.
Speaker 3: Wasn't what was you know, in the in the files Like she's totally you know, and I'm surprised she didn't fight harder. But I mean, I guess as an attorney, you know when to pick your battles. But the judge definitely had attitude. He was definitely trying to protect.
Speaker 1: Scott Guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, Scotty boy, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I was reading No, no, no, it's just no, I was just reading Scotty, Scotty.
Speaker 1: Saying twenty plus years making the donut, we gotta make the donuts of here in Joycyda. Meet Baul Morrissey Lelly could give zero fs anymore exactly. I mean that, I mean Mark Beto pointed this out ad nauseam and better than I'll ever say it is that he just looked apathetic, uninterested. Yeah, couldn't care less. I would say this to Adam. You know, Adam, you've gone, You've put a bunch of people on the stand. This is our new mod by the way, Scott McGinnis, you put a bunch of people on the stand, and you then along with Meatball Myerscy, you hired this attack dog in Hank Brennan, who takes probably one of the most distinguished women in the last you know, thirty years out of Boston, forty years in a woman who was in Mit before her I believe it was her mother that died and she left was seven years a police officer, then goes to medical school, then is trained in emergency medicine, and then becomes the chief doctor of a very small country hospital in a rural area that serves just a few people called UCLA Medical Center, i e. The most prestigious hospital in the southern part of California, like from on down the UCLA Medical Center. And then you guys go and you tear this woman apart and try to embarrass her and spend her money to get her to come back, what three four times at least at least twice during the last wad year and you can't even and you guys, you guys are using this little punchline for Karen Reid called a lawyer right away, and you can't even go on the stand and defend yourself against against your actions as DA. You look like a coward, Sir, you look like a punk in a bedro said he is. I don't know if it was better or brother. Counsel said, I've never seen a lawyer in and this is just an evidentiary hearing. Bring in a personal attorney. It's not like your, uh, what's that lady's name, Carrie Morrisey in the in the Alec Baldwin trial where you're literally in the middle of trial and she goes on the stand. That would have been a good time to bring an attorney. Yes, Kerry Morrissey, Hi, peaches, how are you are you in season? I'm just kidding. I'm sure teaches are in season, so anyway, but yeah, uh, you bring an attorney to go up and just defend your actions. You're a coward. But yet you're willing to call people up there and to stand and throw your hands around and you know, play with your glasses. Why you know, why couldn't you just go out there and say, yeah, I went and I followed the proper procedures, I followed protocols, and I asked for these materials for the uh the.
Speaker 2: Search exactly what you just said, is the problem.
Speaker 3: There was no procedures, there was no policy, there was no Tickler system.
Speaker 2: He doesn't. Oh, I don't know. We really don't have a policy.
Speaker 1: Well why couldn't he answer that? Then? Why do you need a lawyer for that lawyer? I object? He can't talk about the procedures in the DA's office. Right, what's that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the whole problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was he gonna say? I object? He's gonna say, overruled? Uh, please answer? What are your procedures? Yeah, mister Lally, how many times did you ask trooper former Trooper Proctor for those other five point five search ones? I object? Overruled, mister Lally? How many times did you ask? I mean, what is this for? Howard? All Right?
Speaker 3: It just thinks that Judge Cropp this time just kind of you know, with Proctor there with with his attorney, Adam there, Adam Lally there with his attorney, like it was just such a waste of time.
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't, No, No, their best he is here, so make sure recognition. All Right, We've had enough of these punching bags for tonight. I'm kicking me out of the studio.
Speaker 2: So we're back on the twelve.
Speaker 3: So we don't know if they're going to be, if Proctor's coming back, if Lally's coming back with his attorney, because right now Adam Lally isn't even covering this case has gone to another prosecutor, so he's not even the pro no longer the prosecutor on the on the Miles King case.
Speaker 1: Oh the Okay, in one second, I want to bring up micro dots because let's start talking about Reggie. Okay, here go my pro adults. Ah, shame, Mike good Man. Okay, So we're going to share screen real quickly because we want to preview that Saturday. We are going to be if so if this is I'm sorry, if this has been released, and I I don't know if did I keep this? Where's it coming soon? I'm sorry? I got something wrong here. I think I share it. Okay, yeah, yeah, and I and I meant to share his YouTube, but I'll I have something better that I want to share. Oh, so just give me a second. We get paid by the hour here, so it's okay, it's not a big deal. Uh window where is okay? Okay, so this one right here. If this is released, I've spoke with Richie, we are going to watch this together, and we're gonna bring who to come and talk about it.
Speaker 3: Oh, our favorite attorney, well, we can't say our favorite law attorney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we even bring one of our favorite attorneys, our dear friend Nan Gallaga. Yes, and we're also gonna say Massachusetts like Scott and say Massachusetts, I got you, Scotty. So yeah. So yeah, if this is released, Oh, I'm sharing so much. Richie has authorized us to air it and talk about it. So that's what we're gonna do. Uh And now gallagh or will be here to react. Now, let me shut off the music because we have we have something we want to share with you. Guys. We have been watching this content creator called x Zone and he has some amazing stuff that has blown my mind and we think it is also going to blow your mind. So with that, we are going to watch it together. You are you are authorized to call us if you like, and I will if you want to talk about it, or you can just react in the chat. You know what, Before I do that real quickly, I want to just share the cab store. Uh let me, yes, I'm the shirts. Yeah, let me let me share this with you and if you would like, if you're into something you're interested in, so here it is. This is the Calling All Beings Merch Store. And you can see there are many different colors the colors you're seeing. You could have blue, you could have yellow, you could have pink of those of these items. So there's water bottles, there's mugs. So if you choose this is not a money making venture. It's really just spreading the word about calling all beings. So you can just come here and click men, women accessories and then choose the colors that you want. That is the Calling All Beings Merch Store. So feel free.
Speaker 2: Now, oh, click on the true Crime so we can see the logo.
Speaker 1: Yes, ma'am, oh am, I not on true crime.
Speaker 3: Well right now you're just showing that. Yeah, it's further down right there, that's the True Crime.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, oh yeah, but there's more than just this shirt. Yeah yeah, okay, So yeah, here's a there's a women's shirt here. Uh, there's many, there's different Like I said, there's I don't know more than there's a dozen different colors here that you can order these in depending upon what your what's your flavorites. So so anyway, so yeah, there's this is the TCU merch, and then there's the UFO merch whichever your preferences. No wrong answer to that test question, plus the stickers. All right here there's the the logo there, so yeah uh. And also you can see there's TCU water bottles, mugs, hoodies and so forth. All right, enough of that, we're gonna go to some inexplicable things now, so let me bring that up. And like I said, I believe this is gonna blow your mind. It blew our minds. And then i'd like to get your takes on. So let's start with the tourists, and we're gonna go with someone named Sarah Levin. So don't freak out, guys, it's not Sarah Levinson. She hasn't gone to Yosemite. I know some of you wish that she would get lost, but she hasn't. So there you go, and let's listen. Tell me if you can hear it.
Speaker 4: Sarah Levin, a thirty one year old San Francisco resident, decided in April nineteen ninety seven to take a mini trip to Yosemite National Park to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. She had a short weekend off between work schedules, and according to her friends, Sarah had long been eyeing the legendary Mistrail leading to the majestic Vernal Fall in Nevada Fall. This trail is known for its beauty and popularity, even in spring, when the waters are full and the spray from the waterfall can turn the path into a real water show. Sarah, being athletic and loving a challenge, decided that April, when the snow had not yet completely melted on the peaks and the waterflow was strong, was the perfect time to see Yosemite and all its pristine glory. Dot Early in the morning on April twelfth, nineteen ninety seven, Sarah arrived at the park in her car parked in Yosemite Valley, registered her route at the ranger station, and informed them that she planned to hike the mist Trail, admire Vernal Falls, and if she had time, reach Nevada and return by evening. The weather was clear and relatively warm, with the sun shining and only a light breeze occasionally bringing cool air from the canyons. No one, including Sarah herself, imagined that this day's hike would turn into one of the most inexplicable episodes in the park's history. Despite its popularity, the Mist Trail has sections of very slippery stone steps, especially in the spring when spray from the waterfall drenches everything around it. However, Sarah was in excellent physical shape.
Speaker 1: On the way.
Speaker 4: She at several tourists and exchanged a few words with them about the route. Later, many of them recalled how happy and cheerful she looked, saying that she radiated positivity. When it was almost noon, according to one group, Sarah was sitting on a rock at the viewpoint above Vernal, snacking and taking pictures of the rainbow in the spray of the waterfall. She told someone that she would continue along the Mist Trail a little further, but did not intend to linger too long. At one pm, she spoke briefly with a ranger passing by, reporting that everything was fine and the trail was not too slippery. The trail then climbs towards Nevada Falls, passing through a pine and fir glade. At around two pm, according to two hikers, Sarah was still walking up the trail, but no one saw her after that, and then around three pm, at a time when the trail is usually busy, something very unusual happened as a small group of three young people who were climbing a little higher later reported, we were walking along the mistrail when we suddenly noticed a strange fog appearing in the clear sky. It enveloped part of the trail for literally a minute, visibility was almost zero, and then it all dissipated in clear weather. Fog over the trail is not uncommon spray evaporation, but it is unusual for it to be so thick and disappear so quickly. At the same time, a woman who was photographing the waterfalls claimed that at that time she saw a girl, presumably Sarah, standing on a flat section of the trail. In a second, everything was covered in a grayish fog. She looked away from the camera, and when she looked back, there was no one there, as if the person had disappeared. She decided that she had just moved away because she was scared of the spray. However, in the evening, when Sarah did not return to the car and did not get in touch, alarm bell started ringing. In Yosemite, if someone doesn't show up by nightfall, they may have been delayed by photography or gone camping, but Sarah's friends and family, whom she had told about her plans, were worried. By midnight, the rangers knew that a tourist was missing on the mistrail. At dawn, search and rescue teams arrived at the trail, combing every turn, crevice and rock ledge. The result was zero. There were no signs of a struggle on the rocky terrain. Sarah's clothes or backpack were nowhere to be found. Everything looked untouched, as if a person had simply vanished into thin air. The story of a thick fog in a perfectly clear sky was particularly puzzling. The place where it was spotted was found, but there were no signs that anyone had fallen or damaged anything there. Dogs that picked up Sarah's scent from her car climbed the mist trail to a certain point, then began to run around, losing the trail. On the stone steps from Vernal Falls to the clearing near Nevada. It would be logical to expect that someone would have seen or heard a scream, but there was nothing. Tourists who climbed up later reported that the trail was deserted for a certain stretch, and that they heard no noise other than the usual roar of the waterfall. A week of extensive searches yielded no clues. The California State Police even called in a helicopter to search the area. Perhaps the tourist had strayed from the trail and fallen into the canyon, but there were no signs of a fall. If a person had fallen, there would usually be broken vegetation and a body.
Speaker 1: I just want to pause this for one second, Cabbys, the part that's going to freak you out. You now understand that Sarah Levin went missing, and this is in nine, nineteen ninety seven. Now we're getting to the part that's going to blow your mind. Just want to I want to get you set up for that, because that's what's about to happen. Let me turn the volume up a little bit. See how this works.
Speaker 4: No bodies, belongings, or backpacks were found in the water. Then, a month after Sarah's disappearance, there was a strange turn of events. Her personal belongings were found in the very place where, according to witnesses, she could have disappeared into the fog. A group of tourists passing by noticed neatly folded items on a rock, a cap, a water bottle, and a small notebook nearby. The most surprising thing was that this place had been searched many times before and nothing had been found. The police and rangers were completely baffled. How could the items have appeared after such a long time. The dogs were called in and I.
Speaker 1: Think you should hear it better now because I turned the YouTube volume up. Yeah, by the way, thank you. I'm glad this is better. This is not what's going to freak you out. That's still coming. That they found her stuff a month later, after an area that had been searched that was a common obvious place. It's that what's going to freak you out is coming.
Speaker 4: And again, but to no avail. It was as if the items had been planted there. Maybe someone wanted to send a message, but it looked as if they hadn't been there long. They weren't dusty or wet. Sarah's parents said, this is ridiculous, playing a prank, but there were no clues as to the possible perpetrator. In the end, the case was classified as missing, no traces found. The case joined the sad list of mysterious disappearances in Yosemite. However, the story did not end there. A year after her disappearance, in early spring nineteen ninety eight, the police suddenly received a call from tourists. We found a girl at Misstrail. She's wandering around, looks scared, as if she doesn't understand what's going on. The rangers who arrived identified the young woman as Sarah Levin. She was wearing the same outfit she had worn a year earlier, although it was slightly dirty but not worn to shreds. Upon examination, doctors found no wounds, severe exhaustion, or any signs of frostbite. She seemed confused and did not understand why everyone around her was saying that a year had passed. During a brief interrogation, Sarah said, I got lost for a day, lost my way after that strange fog, but then I found on my way back. Has a year passed? That's impossible. Indeed, she felt that her disappearance had lasted no more than a day. According to her fellow geologists and the police, it seemed so inexplicable that doctors ran a series of tests, believing she might have memory loss or a mental disorder, but they found nothing wrong. She herself remembered all the details of her last day as if it were yesterday, not a year ago. Time had frozen for her. The psychologist noted only slight anxiety, but nothing more. Unfortunately, this incredible story did not receive much publicity. How could a person be missing in Yosemite for a year and then suddenly show up thinking that only a day had passed. The police were unable to provide an official explanation, simply documenting the facts. Sarah disappeared in April nineteen ninety seven and reappeared in April nineteen ninety eight in the same area. There were no signs of violence, her body was healthy, and her clothes did not look like they had been worn for a year of wandering. It's as if she fell out of reality, whispered the volunteers. Sarah's relatives thanked.
Speaker 1: Warp Wow.
Speaker 4: Yosemite, previously known for its mystical stories, now has another strange episode where a person who disappeared under mysterious circumstances returns a year later, believing that only a day has passed. Moreover, her belongings were found on the trail, But then the girl herself claims that she did not lose any of her belongings and that her cap and notebook were with her at all times before she disappeared. The official police version there is insufficient evidence to explain the disappearance, It does not appear to be a hoax, and no mental disorder has been diagnosed. The case remains unsolved. Contemporary commentators who respect the scientific approach prefer to talk about the phenomenon of dissociated fugue. But even this hypothesis does not explain how she saw, where she hid for a year, and why she did not change during that time. For enthusiasts of paranormal theories, this is a direct indication of a time slip, another reality, or some kind of anomaly. Yosemite continues to keep its secrets, and Sarah Levin's story has been added to the files on highly mysterious and frightening disappearances where nature itself seems to be playing with humans, blurring the boundaries of time and logic.
Speaker 1: All right, Cabby's uh, that is s xzone missing and take it away? Yeah, what do you got?
Speaker 3: Well, that's very bizarre. The fact that she just time hadn't changed for her. She was still in the same outfit. She thought it was just yesterday. Like, that's just crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, very very bizarre.
Speaker 3: And then that her belongings had been returned before she was returned.
Speaker 2: Or came back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well her, Yeah, her belongings were found. Did they say a month later?
Speaker 3: I don't know if they said it was before, right, it was before she came back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, but I mean a month after she went missing?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But her clothes could not I mean, with those clothes, you couldn't survive a winter in Yosemite. There are not inches of snow, there are many feet of snow. That's what I'm saying. Val, It's it's crazy. Yes, Scott, that was funny waterfall. But her clothes weren't wet and terrifying, you.
Speaker 3: Know, jewels, and she wasn't Yeah, and she wasn't malnourished.
Speaker 2: She wasn't.
Speaker 3: She didn't have any kind of visible sign of any trauma either.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, you had to have subsisted per year. Her clothes would have been I mean a lot of people don't know because they haven't spent a significant amount of times out in the woods. But your clothes get damaged much more when there are branches and leaves and rocks and terrain than there is with your office chair, your car, your sofa. Those are just clothes. One month, Thank you, Linda Mitchell. So yeah, it's it's your clothes would be very badly damaged and you you couldn't survive without a lot of outer wear. I mean you would you look like a different person. The length of her hair, I mean she would just look like a different person. Her face would be dirty, you know, unless you're showering. It's it's uh, it's it's fascinating. And and the fact that they couldn't find her. We're going to give you this is X Zone missing on YouTube. We put the it's in the show notes for this episode along with David Polides for one one. David Polides is the granddaddy of this genre, former detective from San Jose who found out that there are more people missing from Yosemite National Park than anywhere on Earth, according to David, and I don't think he would make that up.
Speaker 3: Right, because we heard about Eric Larson from Yosemite and that was in eighty nine, so that was eleven years later. Yeah, I'm sorry, eighty nine, And what am I saying? This was a ninety seven I'm sorry, eleven years earlier.
Speaker 1: Earlier. Yes, yeah, and we've got more. So we're gonna do I want to do a let me see if this is the one. I want to do one about the the rangers that have gone missing. It's really really weird.
Speaker 3: Yes, And imagine what happens to your body, your how you age in a year. I mean just simple things like you know, leg hair, like all the things that would have happened in that time frame, in a year that she was found, just like she was just seeing the day before, right, very I mean her hair would have been longer, her you know, her hair would have been longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she would have looked like a different person. You get very dirty. I've spent like a week in survival school without showering. You look very dirty. I mean after a week, it's it's yeah. I mean I did mine in Washington State where I did mine, which is not dissimilar to how it is here. Yeah. So okay, so this one right here is about park park rangers that we're missing. So we think of the amount of tourists who have gone missing. There was a church group that they talk about. I can't remember that person's name. Where they went on a well traveled trail that not dozens, but hundreds of people travel on this trail from the basin every day. And someone from a church group someday turned around and he was gone. There are people who have gone missing from the open areas, not even in the forest. Well, these are rangers. These are the most adept people in the woods, and these stories are hunting. So let me let us play this and get you to react. By the way, the jackass who keeps calling with unknown number, You remember that guy who's called a couple of times. Yep, Yeah, that douchebag. Okay, we're not answering your call. We're not gonna answer your call. And if anybody calls where I can't see your number, I'm not answering. And if it's you, I'm gonna hang up on you and you're gonna look like more of an idiot than you already look like. So don't make an ass out of yourself anymore than you already have on air a couple times acting like a jackass with Nan. Don't do it again unless you would do it to my face. All Right, and if that could be arranged, all right, so here we go. Oops, sorry, here we go.
Speaker 4: Then Sarah Newton her service cheap with its headlights on and the engine running as if she had never been there. These cases are separated by years and hundreds of miles, but they have one thing in common. They are inexplicable. And every time the radios are left behind turned on no signal. What is happening in America's national parks? And why are rangers the first to disappear?
Speaker 1: And this is what she was referencing from. Actually it's a year later.
Speaker 4: February nineteen eighty eight was an unusually snowy month for Yosemite National Park. At the beginning of the month, a powerful cyclone swept through the Sierra Nevada, dumping heavy snow on the mountain passes. The thickness of the fresh snow exceeded five feet in some places. For most tourists. The season was closed, but patrols of high altitude areas continued. The Badger Pass area is one such place, deserted, difficult to access but mandatory for inspection after snowfall due to the thread of avalanches and blocked trails. That day, the patrol was led by Eric William Larson, a thirty five year old ranger with eight years of experience. His colleagues respected him for his reliability and calmness. He was one of those who consistently followed protocol. Tall and thin, with a habit of wearing two pairs of socks even in summer, he treated his job as a personal mission. The service base in Wovone received its last call at all seven fourteen a m. He reported that he had reached the fork at the observation point, the snow was knee deep, no avalanches had been spotted, and he was continuing along the route. He said this as usual, clearly without fuss, and did not come on the air again. When the duty officer tried to contact him at one PM, there was no response. At first, they decided that he had simply gone into an area where the radio could not reach him. By three PM, the alarm grew. There was stable coverage in the area where Larson was traveling, and he rarely broke his communications schedule. At four thirty PM, management decided to launch an urgent ground search. A team was quickly assembled, two rangers and an experienced rescuer and they set off on snowmobiles along a well trodden trail. An hour later, at five fifty pm, they were on site at the edge of a clearing next to a snow covered trail. One of the rangers noticed a black radio lying directly on the snow. It was turned on. There were no signs of a fall or handprints on the case. It appeared to have been carefully placed on top of the snow. There were no other traces around it, only a transparent chain of Larsen's boot prints leading toward the clearing. They ended abruptly in the middle of the snowy space, where there were no bushes, rocks, or patches of melted snow. The tracks led to the middle of the clearing and disappeared. It was at this point that Larsen seemed to have fallen through the ground. There were no traces of his return, no displacement of snow, no signs of an avalanche. Investigators described the place as abnormally untouched, as if no one had ever been there. One of the rangers rode in his report the snow looked fresh, as if it had fallen during the night, but there were only as tracks in it and they disappeared in the center. There, three feet from the disappearance site appeared. They found another detail, a small piece of fabric frozen into the snow. It was a piece of a uniform. The rest of the equipment was missing. The next day a full scale search began. More than forty people, five snowmobiles, and two helicopters were involved. They searched an area with a radius of more than two miles. No signs of movement, struggle, or bodily injury were found. The condition of the snow was extraordinary. It was untouched even near the radio. The snow cover was solid and did not collapse, and according to meteorologists calculations, it could not have hidden human tracks in such a short time. There had been no avalanches in the area since December. There were no signs of wild life except for the occasional fox tracks near by. One of the weather station recordings captured a strange noise on the ranger's standard communication channel between eleven thirty and eleven thirty seven, approximately immediately after Larsen's last call. The recording was preserved on magnetic tape in the station's archives. The noise was described as jumping and muffled with no voice or obvious modulation. Some employees heard it live and thought it was a glitch or wind interference. Later experts from the Communications service listened to the fragment. No one could say for sure what it was. The data on the anomalies and the frequency was sent to the archives. On the fifth day of the search, the Badger Pass area resembled a war zone. Helicopters made six flights a day, and rescuers combed through the snow with flags and probes. About seventy people were involved, including three professional climbers and four dog handlers. Despite intensive efforts, each day brought only disappointment. No new clues emerged. The only thing they managed to find was on the fourth day, twenty six feet southeast of the disappearance site, when a rescuer stepped on something hard under a layer of packed snow. It turned out to be a piece of black plastic. It had Motorola markings on it, the same model as the service radio, but the one found on the first day had an intact casing. It was unclear whether it was a different device or part of unknown equipment. Later, when checking the serial numbers, it turned out that the fragment found did not belong to Larson. With each passing day, investigators had fewer and fewer rational explanations. Various theories were put forward, ranging from sudden disorientation and a fall into a ravine hidden by a crack to an animal attack, but none of them explained the main thing why the tracks stopped in the middle of an open area, why there were no entry or exit points nearby, and where the body was. Even the most skeptical participants in the operation began to admit that something ben.
Speaker 1: So clearly and this has happened with and Julie's well aware this with some bigfoot tracks as well. I've spoken to these guys. They were Navajo rangers on an area that covered parts of Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico, and they said that they had tracked a bigfoot out to an open area and the tracks just stopped. This is the same case with ranger Larsen that they found his tracks. He was walking to an open area and they just stopped. This is not the only missing for one one case like this, but I just wanted to highlight that to you. That's what's creeping this person out Yet and we put his logo up in the right hand corner here X zone missing fantastic.
Speaker 4: Creator beyond standard logic had happened to Eric. Particular attention was drawn to a story told by park employee Phil Taylor on the seventh day of the search. He recalled a similar case that occurred in January nineteen seventy six, also in the Badger Pass area. At that time, a skier from Sacramento who had set out on a solo trip went missing. His skis were found stuck in the snow at the start of the descent, but there was no trace of him beyond that point. His body was never found. The incident was filed away as an accident. Taylor admitted that he only remembered it after seeing how Larson's tracks disappeared so abruptly as if cut by a knife. On the ninth day, the search was called off. The official reason was the worsening weather conditions and the danger of avalanches in the southern direction. The temperature began to drop sharply, and the forecast was already predicting minus twenty degrees at night. The operation was moved to a monitoring phase. Eric's parents were told that there was still a chance he could have reached a shelter or temporary refuge. However, he was already unofficially presumed dead. His mother, Karen Larsen, refused to leave Yosemite and continued to search the area on her own until she became hypothermic two weeks later and was hospitalized. In the spring, when the snow began to melt, a second ground search was conducted. Surveyors and dog handlers re examined the area where the ranger had disappeared. This time they were interested in the point where the tracks ended under a layer of snow. They found dense grass cover with no cracks, burrows, or depressions. Spectral analysis of the snow and soil was conducted, but no abnormalities were detected. Eight months later, the case was officially closed as a disappearance under unclear circumstances. Larsen's service badge remained in the park's archives as a memorial exhibit. His family never received an explanation. None of the theories avalanche, sudden disorientation, fall, animal attack, or deliberate departure received any confirmation. No piece of equipment except for the radio, was found. Some former employees who left the service in the early two thousands later mentioned the case in private interviews. One of them, who wished to remain anonymous, said, such cases are not uncommon, but if you work in the park, you are taught not to ask questions that have no answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's let's pause right here before we get to Eric Stevenson from Acadia and uh, and let's talk about this one. Go for it.
Speaker 2: Well, unlike the first one, he was never found.
Speaker 1: So that's the tracks and the.
Speaker 3: Tracks there was no tracks in a route. Yeah, I mean that's another very strange. There's no explanation, and you know, and and again it's all this is happening in different national.
Speaker 1: Parks like yes, yes, most certainly, and is and is is inexplicable. It's happening on the East coast, the west coast. There there are certain areas in swaths that he calls clusters Dave pl Sarah in Montana the Crazy Mountains, they're called the Crazies. Actually, he's found some cases there that are really bizarre. Obviously, the Rockies, the Canadian Rockies. Obviously everybody knows Rocky Mountain National Park in Tennessee. Oh Jason Robbins, not tracks after Jason. I love Jason. He always texting when we're doing these kinds of shows. Please, Jason, if you're listening, please say hi to your mom and tell her we're thinking of her. Miss Terry. We love Miss Terry and always think about I think about Terry at least every other day. And so yeah, and also in the East, so Virginia. So I'm trying to think of the name of the mountain range in North Carolina. But that whole area Rocky Mountain National Park, the LBL, which covers part of Kentucky and Tennis. See, this is not something that is only in Yosemite. Yosemite just happens to have the most. And there's one that Dave Polaides does and this is on Lake Michigan. And there's a young man that goes across country skiing and he doesn't return. So they call out authorities who are able to find where he launched from. They found his vehicle, they found the cross country ski tracks from his vehicle and tracked him all the way out on to frozen Lake Michigan. The problem is is that like Ranger Larsen, the tracks stop. He's skiing out onto the lake and the tracks stop. There's no u turn of either he in his ski boots or his surrels or his skis to go back to shoreline. This kid woke up in Pennsylvania, seven hundred miles away in a farmer's field, and he went to the farmhouse and knocked on the door and said, can I call my family? So that's just one of them, the other one. And we'll get this story from you, because David Polaid's will tell it better than we do. But it is a fire captain. To picture a fireman's ski trip. They're Toronto firemen, and there's a captain who leads his crew on a ski trip to Lake Placid in New York over the border. And as they're skiing and getting laid in the day, of course, there's always one person that has to go on one last run, and that was him. And he came down the trail and disappeared. Nobody saw him. Where is he? Where is he? They have had all of ski patrol, they had all the firemen up on the mountain. They had firemen from New York, they had firemen from Canada, they had sar they had ski patrol. Everybody looking for the fire captain on this mountain. You know where he woke up, folks. He woke up as a passenger in an eighteen wheeler outside of California.
Speaker 3: Wow, he was.
Speaker 1: He asked the trucker to drop him off at the airport in Sacramento. He still had his ski clothes and helmet on his ski pass but he happened to have had in his jacket his credit card and his license, and he bought a phone and he called his wife. How do you explain this? He didn't know where he was. There's very little on this and you can't find but the last thing he remembers, I was on the ski slope and then I'm in a truck out west.
Speaker 2: And how many years had elapsed?
Speaker 1: I don't think it was that much time. I don't know how much time elapsed. He had a haircut. That was the only thing that was different, as his hair was shorter, is what I heard. So I'll pot we'll get that episode and play it for you. Let's go through the comments. So are they multidimensional beings? You know, Julie is as much Julie's part of a Bigfoot group with doctor Semine Hind. My personal opinion is I believe some of them are, and I think some of them are not. And I think some of them have certain abilities and some of them don't. I have heard people say in a completely dark forest that the eyes glow, and that's something that we would think are physically impossible, meaning if your eyes were emitting light, you couldn't see through them. But it explains how big it can maneuver through the woods at very fast speeds and they can see where they're going. But I've heard a number of researchers say I saw eye glow, not eyes shine, Like when you see a raccoon by the side of the road with your headlights and you're in New Hampshire, I glow. So I think some are some aren't. Julie, you know, she's probably more knowledgeable than I. Some people say they can cloak themselves. There's a there's a video. There's a woman she's just passed. I believe her name was Barb Shoop, and she has a video of what looks like a child bigfoot hiding behind a tree and you can see it and it takes off and runs and when it runs, it looks like it turns clear. It's really really we you could see a dark little something and what she saw was black. But on video it looks like it. It changes, it looks clear when it because it Yeah, and that if you want to see that one is called a flash of beauty. And there's a guy in there. He's a I thought he was Native American, Actually he's not. His name is rich Jermau, and he was a police officer. He was a police officer at the local level, at the county level. He was a police officer in the Marine Corps, and he was a police officer at the federal level. And the Bigfoot experiences that he had first in his patrol car watching people at a swimming hole and then walk across the hall. They had no idea that this thing is twenty yards away watching them at a little swimming code that you can see from the road, and then it turned around and just walked across the road. He saw it in his car almost at a heart attack.
Speaker 3: Wow, so.
Speaker 1: Very very if I could get Rich on and not talk like global destruction or some of the other crazy things, because I've had a phone call with Rich. I actually got a hold of him because Matt's like, look, dude, this guy is you know, like there are people their online behavior can be a little off putting. Let's just put it to you that way, right. But Rich I've spoke with him on the phone about because I want to talk about Karen Reid. So this is picture me the first week or two that I was into Karen Reid, and I became aware of it and talked him about how you can use your investigative skills. Some of the things that he saw with Bigfoot would pretty mind blowing. But Scott tracks just ending in the creature disappearing only makes sense if the creature slipped from the third dimension what I believe most used multi dimension. Yes, that is quite possible he went to another dimension or UFO abducted him. There's a movie and I'm gonna tell you guys about I'm gonna put in the chat here. It's called Missing for one one the UFO Connection, And I believe this is on tub and you can watch it for free again. David Polaidi's former San Jose detective. If you remember the Polyclass case, the missing teenage girl from Northern California poly Class with a K. David was in on that investigation, worked side by side with the FBI on that investigation before he retired, and he discovered that, Hey, there's a lot of people who go missing in our national parks. Yes, I know what you're talking about, that place standing Stones. I've seen stuff. That place creeps me out out seeing it on TV. Forget about going there. Yes, that's what Julie. I don't know about this one, Jules, I gonna have to find out. The Appalation Trail we got. We got stuff from Appalation Trail for you. We got more stuff from Appllation Trail. I think her name was Gertrude Largay. I she she's found it that, you know. The Navy has that seer camp, that survival camp where they do the training like I did in Washington. The Navy Survival School is in like New Hampshire, Vermont, or Maine. It's and this lady who was on the trail for months with her husband bringing her food every three days, two days, food and supplies, they meet up. He went way off the trail and ended up dead in the on the property of the Navy Survival School, the Navy Stare School, which if somebody wants to google it, the Navy Sare School. It's either in Maine.
Speaker 2: I think she whethers Colleen is saying in Maine.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you? Uh Scott, Yes, yes, that's what. This is the reason why I like the Fifth Dimension from the nineteen sixties, one of my favorite singing groups. She worked for an I worked with a Native American tribe for years. A lot of things that that they are not as they seem absolutely, Thomas. Uh, if you guys want, we could watch one more. We could watch the male or the female one. What do you think? Yeah, we'll watch one final one and then we'll call it a night.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Female. Oh no, the next one is Peterson, Yeah, which.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I kind of like the female. I like the story, but you know, okay, so here's one thing. Can I just say, all right, so when I think of the Sarah Levin, the only thing with that one to me feels more like UFO wish. And I'll tell you why, because her coming back, like I feel like a bigfoot is not for some If a big foot takes a human, they're gonna be you know, running through the woods like you're saying, nothing matched, Like her clothes was fine like that kind of that doesn't feel like her story doesn't feel like a bigfoot where who knows they're not gonna take care of a woman and that kind of thing. As where as a UFO you can kind of see that maybe time stops or I don't know, but they feel different even though they were in the same you know what I mean, like in the same park where they were where they went missing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think that to me, I think it's that's a UFO one. There are some where it looks like a portal and with the portal ones which I think where somebody walked in a portal opened up, they walked into it and never came out. Yeah, there are some. And I want to talk about what Scott says from a dimension standpoint, because I'm going to add a little fuel to the fire that Scott spring up about dimensions and it's this Dave Polis has illuminated that searchers and we're talking sar teams now people that and I've seen them at the park that I go to they train. Some of them are older than us. They are very in shape. And this is very scary, Teresa, this is very scary. So I don't want to minimize this in any way, but I want to. I want to. I want to talk about what Scott's saying. Here. There are sar teams that have been walking on an area, going through the rids that have been set up for them, and say, I heard a voice saying, help me, help me. I'm right here, and they're looking and it's in an open area and they can't see anybody. There is more than one story like that of searchers saying I hear him, I hear him saying it. It sounds like a male voice about that age or you know, or female voice, and I can't see anything. And then another searcher goes out there and they go, I heard it too, I'm here, I'm right here. So that I think could be the dimensional Hi, how are you seriously? I think that could be the dimensional situation that you're talking about, Scott. I think some of the other ones are UFO, and I think some of them are portal where people walk in and they're never seeing it again. We could talk about Jared Ada Darrow. I know a lot of I mean, it's scary, this is scary, but we're doing it together and we're having fun. So all right, let's watch one more and we'll watch the female one, and then we'll call it a night, because we're gonna do more of these episodes because this is great stuff from David Plaidi's and X Zone. So let's let's let's get on this.
Speaker 3: Yes, so this is Sarah Elizabeth Newton.
Speaker 1: Yep, let me scroll forward.
Speaker 2: See, I have my notes.
Speaker 1: You know what, you might increase your salary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one is more intriguing, and I have some notes on why Yep.
Speaker 1: This one. Let's just get the end of this one, just to really scare you right.
Speaker 4: Here, leaving no traces and no trail. It remains unknown what exactly Eric Peterson saw on the trail that July day. Were they ordinary tourists, a mysterious mental state, or something else entirely, But since then, most rangers working in those areas have adhered to one simple rule. If you see a figure standing silently at the edge, don't approach.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 4: Sarah Elizabeth Newton, a thirty year old National Park Service employee, was considered one of the most reliable and disciplined rangers assigned to the eastern part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. A native of Knoxville, Tennessee, she had been working in the park for six years, patrolling remote areas along gravel forest roads, checking trails, observing wildlife, and reporting fire hazards. She was known as someone who never deviated from her schedule, never ignored her radio, and indeed never abandoned her equipment without reason. That is what made her disappearance in October nineteen ninety four so alarmed. On Saturday, October ninth, Sarah set out on a solo patrol along Indian Gap Road. This old country road runs through a densely wooded area between Newfoun Gap and Cherokee Orchard. She was driving a green Ford Bronco Service Jeep with department license plates and equipment inside. Radio contact was maintained until three p M. She checked in twice, reporting that everything was fine. The last message came in at three fourteen PM. Sarah mentioned that she had turned onto a side road to check an old parking lot by a creek. When she didn't report in by four thirty p m, dispatch didn't raise the alarm at first. There had been delays due to poor signal reception in the past, but by six p M, when Sarah had not returned to base and was not responding, to repeated calls. Her partner on duty, Douglas Lane, began his own search along the presumed patrol route. At around seven p m. He found the service jeep on an unnamed forest road in an area known locally as Colville Ridge, a narrow, winding road with dense vegetation and steep slopes on both sides. The car was parked at a bend. The headlights were on and the engine was running. The driver's door was ajar. Neither Sarah nor any signs of her presence were to be found anywhere. There were no signs of an accident, a struggle, or tire tracks from other vehicles, or footprints except those left by the SUV's tires. Inside, the duty log was open and the radio was in place and working. Sarah's shoes, documents, cap, and jacket were all in the car. The trunk was closed and contained a first aid kit, a supply of water, and a set of tow ropes. A call to the Park Service prompted the emergency deployment of a search party. Within forty minutes. The first wave of rangers arrived at the scene at seven forty pm with flashlights and dogs. Strangely, the dogs refused to follow the trail from the car. They sniffed the seat and the ground near the doors, but did not detect any scent. That night, a light breeze blew with no precipitation, and the temperature was around fifty degrees fahrenheit. A search of the surrounding area yielded nothing. Sarah seemed to have vanished into thin air. She didn't even leave a footprint. The next morning, air support and volunteers joined the operation. They combed more than five square miles in a radius from the point where the jeep was found. No signal, no clothing, no scraps of fabric, no blood, no hair. There were no traces of the missing woman in the ditch, the stream, or the bushes. One of the investigators said in his report, we found no evidence that she left the car on foot. It was precisely this inability to reconstruct the last seconds of her presence that gave rise not just to alarm within the team, but also a strange, oppressive feeling. The jeep was running as if she had stepped out for a second and never returned. But then where could she have gone in a matter of seconds without leaving even a footprint on the damp, so in the days that followed, the area around Colville Ridge turned into a coordination camp. Dog handlers, rangers, military volunteers, and firefighters were all working there. A helicopter flew along the forest border from Newfound Gap to try Mountain Ridge, circling along the ridge, but even from the air, the area showed nothing suspicious. No broken trees, no traces of a fire, no bright spots of clothing. Sarah disappeared literally dozens of steps from the car, which was running and lit in the middle of the road where even at noon a rare animal would dare to approach. Her brother, Jeremy Newton, a former marine, arrived that evening and immediately joined the search. He claimed to know Sarah's habits well and did not believe it was an accident. He followed the streams, descended into the lowlands, climbed along the cliff line, anywhere where it would be possible to slip or hide, even by accident. He was the first to notice two strange details that were not included in the official report. First, about one hundred and ninety feet from the car, he found an area with a long indentation in the grass, as if someone had dragged a long, heavy object like a backpack or a body across the ground. But this area began and ended in the woods with no clear traces. Photographs were taken, but they were not included in the case file. Secondly, he noticed that one of the plastic water bottles from the car had been cut on the side, as if with a knife. No fingerprints were found on it. By the eleventh day of the search, the area was cordoned off. The official version possible criminal involvement or a security threat. In an unofficial correspondence, one of the investigators wrote, the area is like a trap. Everything leads back to the car, but nothing leads away from it. Three weeks after her disappearance, three miles to the south, a group of local hunters discovered a strange trail in the damp earth near a dry creek bed. There was a single distinct footprint, a woman's boot, the same size as the one Sarah wore. The problem was that the boot was turned tow down on the slope toward the stream, and there were no second prints or skid marks nearby. It was as if she had been standing on the edge and had disappeared without taking a second step. After that, the investigation had no working hypotheses, left the body, close weapon. Everything was gone. No animal attack, no accident, no voluntary departure. Everything remained in place except the person. A year later, in November nineteen ninety five, one of the senior rangers, William Crawford, who had retired, gave an anonymous interview to a local radio host. He claimed that there had been three reported disappearances in the Colville Ridge area over the past thirty years. One was a boy from the camp in the nineteen seventies, the second was a fisherman in the early nineteen teen eighties. None of them were ever found. He also said that in nineteen ninety one, five dead raccoons were found two miles east of this area, lying within a fifty foot radius, with no visible injuries. It was decided at the time that they had been poisoned, but veterinary analysis showed no toxins. Their lungs were as if they had collapsed, as if after a sudden decompression. No one directly linked this episode to the disappearances, but it was mentioned in official reports. Sarah was never found, neither her body nor her personal belongings, nor her bones, nor her clothes appeared a year later or ten years later. Her case remains open to this day, and in the official archives of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park Rangers there is a separate note on her file no physical explanation for her disappearance. To this day, new recruits going out on patrol in the area are instructed to maintain radio contact every fifteen minutes, do not stop the car without a reason, and always go out on patrol and pairs. Sarah Newton is not just a missing employee. Her case is the line beyond which even experienced rangers stop making logical conclusions. If you found this interesting, please like, subscribe to the channel and click the bell icon. This will help us continue to release videos like this. Right in the comments, which story you find the most mysterious and what you think is happening in these places? Take care of yourselves and we look forward to seeing you in our subsequent investigations.
Speaker 1: Very very well done, Very well done by here. He is right here X Zone again, he's in the show notes. We put him in there. I want to make sure that all content creators get credit for what they do. We're not sealing his work. We are promoting his work, just like we're going to do with micro dots, and we have done with other creators as well that appear on the show. I did reach out to him or her via email because that I believe is Ai that is reading that there and go ahead and take it away via What are you thinking on this case?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I'm glad that they now go out in pairs because it'll probably be very strange to capture two people at the same time whatever, or you know, if one falls or whatever the story is. So I'm glad that they've taken precautions so that moving forward, this doesn't happen hopefully. But yeah, there's no physical explanation the car was, she exited the vehicle.
Speaker 2: There's no foot prints, right, they just bigfoot.
Speaker 1: I mean, if bigfoot walks in the side of that vehicle, you're going to see it. I mean, you're there right. You know. They're going to leave a very deep impression, which is why you have doctor Jeff Meldrum with three hundred plus foot casts, and you have researcher named Cliff Barrickman has three hundred plus foot casts that the people have sent them please continue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's just.
Speaker 3: Just another you know, the jeep was left running. I mean she obviously wasn't in I mean whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean she yeah, whatever took her because they found the one bootprint and then it was gone. You know, there's nothing. So I don't know how she got from the vehicle to where that that bootprint was that was by her, because I mean, unless they know that she was wearing host service boots. You know a lot of people and this happens in the military too. If I took you in the squadron, I could show you twenty different kinds of boots that people are wearing that are authorized at are the right color. So she may have gone out and bought her own boots. Was that her boot We don't know if that was her boot because they they were indicating, at least in his narrative, that they should have seen her bootprint outside the vehicle walking away from the vehicle. The other thing, that gun will be found one hundred years from now. That radio that like the Motorola radio in that casing, it won't work, that'll be And now here's Harah, Sarah, what are you doing here? What do you got to say? Harrah will be found one hundred years from now, so a lot of those materials, the boots would be found dozens of years from now. So yeah, I I Haarah, unless you have about missing for one one because I'll tell you what. If I'm out in the woods and I see you, I'm running the other way because I feel like something bad is about to happen. That's all I got to say. Yes, so, and what you know, what Jules is here saying is saying it doesn't matter, meaning there have been some that have been caught in pairs. There's the Dilatov Pass thing in Russia that really freaks me out. And I think the de Latov Pass of what happened in Russia in the sixties. I literally believe that was a yetti that attacked those scientists in because the way that they left their tents in a hurry looked like something scared to ship out of them and they left. Yeah, what is Standingstone said here The federal parks and state parks are tight lipped on all that goes on and claim to keep no records and if you foia, they will break your bank. So David Polaides will tell you about he has gotten some documents even from yusemne uh. There's the Stacey Eiras case that we will cover on here. And they literally called Dave and said, you will never ever get the Stacey Aras file. I know you foyed for it. I'm here. This guy called Dave Poliiti's and said, why do you want that? He's like, it's none of your business. Why I want it? I want it, And he said you're never going to get it. You're never going to get the Stacy Erra's case. Stacy Arras to and I'll give him. I want Dave to tell you the story. But essentially, she went on a horseback trip. So they went to an outfitter there with a group that won the horseback trip. They stopped at an area where there was a cabin and all that neat stuff to take a break. Her dad saw her and there was this seventy year old man that was on the trip. She asked him to stop and pose for some photos. She took some photos of him. She walked down a very shallow trail. There was a lake there. Everybody could see the lake. She was gone. She was fourteen years old. Fourteen years old. They have never found Stacy Erris. They found the lens cap to her camera. Nothing else of Dacy was found. They cannot understand how, they cannot understand how nothing that was on her, none of her backpack, nothing of her was found, and they won't talk. And and the fact that the park says they won't release that case. It's still an ongoing investigation. Where have we heard that before? Guys, It's really really frightening and scary. So I'm my okay. The other the co creator of Calling All Beings, Nathan just came back from like Glacier National Park, Yellowstone. I mean he went to three or four parks, including he went to see the famed professor from Montana Tech, doctor Michael Masters, and had a barbecue at his house. Brought his children and his wife over there for a barbecue when they were in Montana, and he went to I can't, I literally can't tell you all the parks he went to. He sent me photos there amazing what and a video? Yeah, I got it last night. This is just last night. I talked to Nathan for the first time in weeks. But it was a two week west Coud. They drove over twenty two hundred miles. Oh wow, and that's from landing at Denver. They drove twenty two hundred miles after landing in Denver and then going to all these different national parks. I'm like, thank god, you're okay. He you know, he said they weren't crazy about it. His kids are seventeen and fifteen, but he thought about it and basically kept them in his sights. So what does she say, I don't think I like this stuff too scared for me? Yes, Teresa, it is scary. I'm not going to try to You know, why are park officials covered well? Because this is a business and you have people like me who are an avid hiker. I mean, anybody that knows me will tell you. My favorite thing to do when I'm off duty is go hiking. And do you think I'm thinking about this now? Yes? I am. I do think about this now, and I worry about it. You know, I've talked to my family and my wife about this. If we go hiking, when are we gonna you know, we gotta be, you know, we gotta he can't be out of my sight. What David Polaiti says is as simple things like this, because he doesn't tell people don't not go to national parks because they're the most amazing thing. There's a new series called with Can you look that up real quick? With Eric Bana? Is it Untamed? Untamed is a new series on Netflix with Eric Bona. It's about a four or five part limited series. You will love it. It's fascinating. I have never been to Yosemite. I'm only seeing it on on film now. It is striking. I mean literally when you see the forest and the falls and Elkan and just you know, the valley. When you see Yosemite, it's striking. There's nothing like it. Nothing we're going to see back East and back East is beautiful. I'm from back East. I'm from three hours from you know, from Denham. I love the Northeast woods, but this is really really stunning. Everything is just bigger and grander. But what Dave Polaidi says, if you're going to go out in the woods, carry bear spray. Always have kans of bear spray if there's any chance that you're going to see even a black bear. And the bears that you would encounter in Maine and New Hampshire are not aggressive like they are out west, but you carry bear spray. You always carry a firearm. You always carry a personal locator beacon. This is a two hundred dollars item on Amazon. It hooks up to your vest or your backpack, the straps on your backpack and if you press that sir, it goes up to a satellite and SAR knows where to come and find you if you're injured. You hurt your leg, you tripped and fell, and Dave did to have that happen. Dave broke his leg on a hike one time with camera equipment, broke his leg. But you have that SAR beacon. You could buy a satellite phone and you don't need to purchase a bunch of minutes. It's an emergency device that you can use if you've got to get a hold, so you can have sat phone, backup batteries, firearm, bare spray, personal locator beacon, And don't hike alone. Don't go alone. Now the place I'm going, I'm going to a park. It's you know, it's like five miles fenced in. But it's not like being on there Colorado Trails that you could have this happened. You could you could get yourself in lots and lots of trouble up on the mountain near Pike's Beak. They're a big foot up there. There's you know, there are wild animals up there, there's cougar up there. You need you need, you need to have protection for that. And you need to tell people when you're leaving, where you're leaving from, where you're coming back. And extra cell phone batteries because all of our phones now have a set an emergency satellite capability, so that personal locator beacon is going to do. Your cell phone's going to do what that's going to do. But am I going to rely on that? No, I'm gonna I'm going to have multiple things. Compass, you know, basic directions, how to get back to your car. Make sure you have the coordinates. You program in the coordinates where you left the car so that way you can navigate back to the car. Yes, you know, simple stuff. Have is there people that have reported to Dave Polaiiti's I sat there and looked at my compass and the needle was doing this. Yes, that'll happen. That That's how I've heard of that happening. So okay, well have a GPS or I've maps on my phone and if I've mapped on my phone and that phone is charged up. I don't need it turned on while I'm out while I'm out in the forest, so I turned the phone on and says your car's parked here, okay, and then you start heading for the car. Do not wear earbuds and listen to music and podcasts and US media when you're in the woods, because if you do that, you can't hear if a predator is tracking you. So you want to use these, You want to use this, and you want to use this. So if you take that away and I'm listening to music, well now I could be tracked by a predator. So just all those things. And let's face it, folks, tens of thousands of people go to these parks every year like Nathan just did, and everything's okay, but you can get into trouble. So just use precautions so that you're not alone. One other thing, one of my flight crew guys when I was in the Air Force, I was a flight engineer and this guy was an Electronic warfare officer, which is basically a navigator who gets trained in some different stuff on aircraft. He is hiking the Pacific coast trail right now. I believe he is alone. He is a wonderful, smart human being named Mike Manion. And when he finishes, he is on day ninety probably ninety three of his truck right now. Pacific Coast Trail. Literally, this thing goes from San Diego to the border of US and Canada up near Vancouver. That's how long this trail is. Mike is on that trail. I don't know how far he's going. He's gonna come on calling all beings and tells if he tells me no. He's not gonna tell me no because we flew together, so he's gonna tell me yes. I sent him a message today. Obviously he's not checking Facebook every day. But Mike Manion. Let me see if I can find him real quick. He's a he's a great guy. Uh, and he is. I just want to go to his Let me see there he is Manions on the move. Go to his profile. There we go. What is this? This gentleman right here? I forgot hesh. Believe me, it's not easy, folks. If I had a producer, I mean, I could look so cool. Window there is Manions on the move. Okay, and this is this is Mike here and you can kind of get an idea of what he's what he's doing.
Speaker 2: So beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's incredible. And he sent us a thing the other day. He showed he's a very eclectic guy. When he retired from the Air Force, I think he retires a colonel. He bought like a he bought like a farmhouse in like the Tuscany region of Italy. He's like, hey, guys, here's my new pad. I mean, he's that kind of guy. Mike is. Mike is just really cool. Wow. Yeah. I mean, yeah, you could tell it's a little dryer up there in California where he's at. But Mike is the kind of guy I guarantee you on knowing remembering him from active duty, he's the kind of guy. He's going to have everything that that he needs that one should have for a trip like this. He's just he's that kind of guy. So hopefully we're going to get him. Oh this is this is really stunning. Uh, I don't know what sixteen hundred means. That's look at that lake.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so i'd like to hear I'm I'm not going to be surprised if he's heard Bigfoot howls. Look at those flowers. Wow. Yeah, and see if we can get him to tell what he experienced up there on the trail. This was day eighty six, twenty six July. He's just he's a really there he is, and that's Mike. He did not have that big He looked very clean shaven. This guy looked Air Force officer all the way when I served with him. But you know, he's kind of get an idea there, so yeah, that'll be really cool anyway. All right, it is time to get out of here. We have We've done enough for tonight. It was awesome, I know, right, this is just amazing. Right. These looked like professional photographs. Let me get back back up with you here. Thank you everybody. Yes, what a fun night. I hope you and enjoyed it, and I hope let us know in the comments if you'd like to do more of these. I'd like to do more. They are scary. Take a solar chart, Thank you, Val. Hellah see, leave it to the attorney to make sure you are thank you, Val. Leave it to a bear spray. Absolutely. I think I'll stick to the beach. Yes, you know, you know, and you say that, Malcolm Jamal Warner just went swimming. Where was that in the Bahama? In the Bahamas? Malcolm think? So? Was it the Bahamas? Malcolm Jamar Wanner just when swimming got carried out to see I have been drug out in at Laguna Beach. I was out there. I was with my wife, my friend from high school and his wife and they're like, oh, you know back home they call me Dave. They're like, hey, you want to You're gonna go out in the way. I mean it was cold. I mean the water in California, if you've been in the beach in California is cold and in the winter it's real cold. Like, hey, Dave, you I said, yeah, I'll jump in the water. I mean, just having shorts on. Was it was tricky that day after having lunch, I jumped in the water and within a minute a minute I felt I was getting carried out to see within a minute and I was swimming or I was swimming from my life to get back to shore. So now on the shore, my friend Jimmy's there, his wife's Sarah, my wife's and they're like oh and they're waving everything good and and I'm swimming like there's they don't know how how hard I'm swimming to get to shore, and in a in a I'm I'm basically in a panic, to be quite honest with you, But I made it, you know, I'm I'm a I'm a Oh it's Stever's dad was a cop. Thank you very much, Diane for contributing that, because now we know so she should have been able to ask somebody. Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. Rocker Chick and so. Yeah. So you can get into trouble even on the beach. You can get in the water. There's an MMA fighter named Diego Brandall, and he once told me he went in Brazil, he got drug out, he got drug out further than from what it uh. He told me he got he got sucked out to see further than what he thought. And he said, you know what, I'm gonna save my I'm gonna save my life. Right now. My dad's on the beach. I think his dad didn't swim and and he swam his ass and and made it to shore. And it's it's just one of those things, man, you know. I mean, my my situation was not as dire, but I know I felt myself getting sucked out and I swam everything I was worth to get to shore. I'm a better swimmer now than I was then, but you know, trying to show off and get in the water when it was just to show I could get in the cold water. But look, watch what the tide is doing. Is the tide coming in? Is the tide going out? And I didn't have a booie. I swim with a swim booe now, so I can always grab that booey if I get in trouble, and in most cases, you know, I'll be okay. I didn't none of those things. The tide was going out. I shouldn't have even gotten the water because the tide is going out, so you can get in trouble anyway. But anyway, final words, Jeff fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and now that I you know, now, I want everybody to hear about Eric Peterson too, of course, so we'll do that one.
Speaker 2: So we'll do that one because that one. Yeah, that one's cool too.
Speaker 1: They're shocking. We'll do Eric Peterson. We'll hit up some more next time, yeah, for sure. Shout out to Exon Missing, Shout out to David Plaidi's and missing for one one. It is amazing topic. So on, behalf of Boston, bea This DJ is saying peace out, one love, We will see you down the damn road.