Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, September second.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode nine hundred and six, presented by our dear friends at MSI. I am your host, Jan Osho a Joining, the co captain of the ship. You can put him anywhere you want, because he's got a green screen behind him.
Speaker 2: You can put him in your pocket, you can put him in a fun little cup of milk. Jeff Crab.
Speaker 3: No, reed, I'm happy to be here, Jan, Thanks for having me on the shelf with.
Speaker 2: The fuck man.
Speaker 1: What is going on? Three day weekends? Guys reporting live the day after from the Land of Unlimited Milk for three dollars in record.
Speaker 4: I had no milk. I can go over what I had, but I had zero milk. I'll start with that zero milk.
Speaker 5: All rage in the machine, Jeff back Allah.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's crazy. That's the same thing that it's the T shirt. I just bought those words exactly, no milk, Hall rage in the machine, that's right.
Speaker 1: That's how he eats his morning bowl of cereals. And speaking about cereals, he's throwing them out. He's knocking down all the display shelves at the supermarket. He's destroying the end caps. He opens all of the Seltzer waters after he shakes him up, and he spreads it in your face. The bad boy you have games media, Mike Man, naughty you get away.
Speaker 5: Fell on those places before they kick you out. Those people are dead inside. They don't care.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about supermarkets?
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, that's my family legacy.
Speaker 5: It's really fun when you do it to a small, local, family owned way.
Speaker 6: Oh Joe Record would chase you into the parking lot.
Speaker 5: Bring it on, bring it on.
Speaker 4: You talking about Cereal. I just opened this. It's I was wondering if this is going to be gross. Liquid death has a new Cereal criminals.
Speaker 2: I wonder what you were talking about.
Speaker 3: If you were holding a can that looked like a soda, I'm like, why is he talking like that?
Speaker 2: Cereal?
Speaker 4: It's fruity Pebbles branded and I just tasted it. It is like carbonated fruity pebbles.
Speaker 6: This is very good.
Speaker 2: Now that's good for you? Right?
Speaker 1: You you like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thinky pebbles is great. They get really soggy really quick. But I think this is the way to side step it. It's water, it's Seltzer water. But it tastes exactly like fruity Pebbles. This is fantastic.
Speaker 5: It's not nice there.
Speaker 6: I just tried it for the first time and it's great.
Speaker 2: I wish it were an ed I'll be honest. Yeah, I'm so ready.
Speaker 3: To change my ting on liquid death. Did they give us money? I'm like to be so prime to do that.
Speaker 5: Flintstone's branding on there.
Speaker 4: No, just Freddy Pebbles.
Speaker 5: Still do that, that's the logo. Yeah, the whole thing would be so mad. It's a dead like brand, agnostic fruity Pebbles without Fred Flintstone or Barney on there, because you.
Speaker 2: Would be his game or gate like this.
Speaker 5: It would be nine to eleven clear. This is because you're a Flintstoner, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I loved that.
Speaker 5: I think about the Flintstones constantly.
Speaker 2: Yes, we know, well, like plenty of brands use that descriptor to label flavors. They say like fruity cereal, they say like leftover milk fruits like I had ice cream the other day, But that was that exactly, and they got they got around fruity pebbles. So so would you like to sue them? Mike or do you want me to take care of it?
Speaker 5: I think you would know more about the suing process than I would. We're trying to say, say that you know a lot more about lawyers and whatnot recently.
Speaker 2: A Jewish joke.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we were supposed to be in bed together. I thought we were supposed to be the pizza bagel connection. I thought that together. But I'm the small spoon. You're going to ask to see the people.
Speaker 2: That's fine, but do not break up the pizza pizza bagel connection.
Speaker 5: He was already in bed like twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I come on, Look.
Speaker 5: How much energy I'm bringing despite that?
Speaker 1: Hey, gang, we just had a three day weekend. I was wasn't here for parts of last week. I feel a little bit discombobulated, but I'm happy to be here with you four.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How is everyone's a three day weekend? Was it RESTful?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 1: Was it full of I just did I.
Speaker 3: Like, took care of house stuff, so I barely had time for anything else.
Speaker 5: So you, I saw you this weekend. Yeah, got out.
Speaker 3: I got to hang out with Mike and the Manatis and his extended crew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 5: We had our fantasy football draft. I got to wear a crown and my Rascal shirt because I won last year, so I let so bum you know my will and I was obnoxious about.
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: Did you provide your own crown? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I bought a crown last time I won a few years ago from a spirit Halloween. Uh yeah. And I didn't pass it on to the next year's winter. I just kept it and held onto it till the next time I won and put it on again.
Speaker 6: He was at Stanley Cup right exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's wearing it like King Hippo wears his crown in punch out for we which we should.
Speaker 2: Play more of? You want to get to continue?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lodgy asked, what kind of mad buy himself with crowd you're looking at it.
Speaker 4: I spent all day yesterday at the Minnesota State Fair, and I've written down everything I ate all right right by the way, I have not sat down in the bathroom since Sunday, and I am expecting something to happen Sunday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, see this is.
Speaker 2: And then why way to the state Fair Sunday was a long time, I know.
Speaker 4: And that amount of stuff that is in my body right now from yesterday.
Speaker 3: You have the list me, let me read it like this is all cooking in there right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, And and if anybody want to see what these look like, because a lot of them are crazy, you just google it with m N state Fair.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I started with the hot Honey pizza balls with a Z which.
Speaker 2: Ship right after that. How was that?
Speaker 4: I thought they were going to be small, like little like pizza bite rolling. They're like baseball size and they give you three.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's up? He's blocked up as well, gin.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, he's gonna need some sort of.
Speaker 6: Oh, let me get down the list, hang on before alone, or just yeah what.
Speaker 2: I just want to I just want to put out there like I think you already went into it with the wrong attitude, like you can't eat three baseballs a pizza out of the gate.
Speaker 4: Here's what we did because we always get one and then we split. Me and Bonk would split the thing, so we each had I had like a ball and a half. She had like half one, and then I gave the third one away to somebody on a bench that I saw. So you know, you gotta like and you got to not be afraid, like if something's not really screaming out to you, you gotta be okay with throwing away part of it because it's like there's just limited there's finite space in the stomach.
Speaker 5: There, So don't be afraid to waste food.
Speaker 4: I mean you kind of have to there or give it away if it's something that's not give it away.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people waste the food there. Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, next up was the kraffel cloud I got, which is like a croissant waffle with a bunch of like banana cream. I got the banana cream version of banana caramel cream and then it's got like a full chunk of like thick cotton candy on top of it.
Speaker 6: I posted some pictures of this stuff to my Instagram story.
Speaker 4: If you want to see the crawfel cloud, you can't even see the waffle thing or the krawfel underneath. That was pretty good, like that a lot hot Howndny pizza balls were definitely a highlight. Then it was the case of Ratha, which is that is in the International Bazaar section.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 8: Awakens Yeah, no, this is the cultural district at awesome to the small street fry were there, the case of Ratha is like a case of but it's tandory chicken with like curry with a loado cilantro.
Speaker 2: Huge sounds awesome.
Speaker 4: That was pretty solid. That was pretty It was honestly not. It was a little less crispy than I expected it to be. So it was good, but not the best thing I had. Then they got the raspberry soft served beer, which is one of the new big gimmicks this year. Huge line for it where it's literally beer that it's just looks like a raspberry ice cream cone. It's not ice cream, it's beer. I don't know how the fuck they do it, but it's got alcohol in it and stuff.
Speaker 6: So it's an ice cream cone. That gets you.
Speaker 3: Based, Yeah, you kept saying it's not ice cream, it's beer.
Speaker 6: Right, It's raspberry.
Speaker 2: Liquid, liquid and a cone.
Speaker 5: To be clear, it's ice cream and beer, right. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I saw there was a guy like churning something back there.
Speaker 3: Liquid Like if you looked at it, you just say, that's an ice cream cone. That's okay, it's not ice cream, so so, but it's beer.
Speaker 2: It's alcoholic, okay.
Speaker 5: So it's just so hard, so hard to talk to you.
Speaker 2: I got this.
Speaker 1: I got this am confusing about no, no, no, no no, I got Okay, it's not liquid.
Speaker 5: Beer is not a liquid This beer is soft serve. So it's ice cream. Then it's beer in the form of ice is serious.
Speaker 2: I think this is actually really good in the in the spirit of transparency, because folks listening to this right now, this is just this regular Tuesday. You're a giant bomb beer, right, But it's not liquid beer.
Speaker 4: No, it's in like the form of an ice cream cone. But it's beer.
Speaker 2: It's not a form of ice It's just the way you talk like it wrong. You're just not sibing it the right way. We know what it is.
Speaker 5: It's not ice cream. It is ice cream. It's beer ice cream. It's beer turned into ice cream. Saying this isn't chocolate or this isn't ice cream. This is chocolate in ice cream for chocolate.
Speaker 2: Ice cream. It obviously looks like ice cream, right, but it's beer. Okay, okay, oh god, right now, I have to say it's not ice cream. It's like an alien from another planet is constantly landing into giant bomb and we have to like explain what life on Earth is Like.
Speaker 6: I'm not kidding. Chat here is on my side.
Speaker 4: No, they're not on your side in the form of ice cream.
Speaker 2: Okay, continue, continue going down the list.
Speaker 4: That the the beer in a cone was very good. A lot of people were saying it doesn't get good once you get down and you're chewing the cone part. But yeah, I thought the mix of the cone and the beer flavor was fine.
Speaker 2: I have a question. I hope you can answer with a number. What do you know what the ABV on that? It was like four point four interesting. Okay, that's more than I thought it would be, So that's that's surprising.
Speaker 4: Next, okay, was the Land of ten Thousand Cakes, which is just a cop that has like a billion different cakes in it. And I ate the Land of ten Thousand Cakes. I've lived in Minnesota for like eight years. It wasn't until hours later when Bonk and I were going down the list, I was like, oh my god, it's like Land of ten thousand Lakes. I'm not going did not even I was like, oh, that's a fun time, beautiful.
Speaker 5: Just wait till three years from now you understand why we're mad with you about the beer.
Speaker 4: I'll get around to it. Next up was Okay, this might have been the best thing I had. Do you know what Alopia is?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I do, Okay, yes?
Speaker 6: Is it a Filipino food? Yes, yes, yes, because they said it.
Speaker 4: Was a Filipino fusion truck thing. It was a Loopia pizza like it's like spring roll type thing. It's like street food. It's like an egg roll filled with like pizza stuff. They also had like an ube banana version and everything.
Speaker 6: That looked really good too.
Speaker 4: But I got the pizza spring roll and that was probably I think Bank and I both put that at number one.
Speaker 6: That was incredible.
Speaker 2: Sounds crazy.
Speaker 1: That's a wind for my people, guys, Oh my god, it was incredible. Shout out for the Caribbean.
Speaker 4: Also a couple of classics that are you know, these aren't new with the Minnesota State Fair. But the Gizmo sandwich is fantastic. It's just like a hogy thing filled with like beef and sausage and just covered with most cheese you've ever seen in your life. That's fantastic. A Pronto pup, which is this corn dog on a stick, had it with mustard that was very good. And then some drinks I had. They got all sorts of gimmick beers and stuff there. So I had Many Donut beer, which is it tastes like a Many donut, and they got cinnamon and sugar on the rim, which is super good.
Speaker 6: That's an orange.
Speaker 4: Bliss beer, which is like an orange dream cream skull type beer. And then the pineapple upside down cake slushy, which I did not actually think was the best, but yeah, it was a fucking successful day at the fair. That LOOPI a pizza spring roll thing if you look that up. And the hot honey pizza balls. Those were absolute highlights.
Speaker 2: So are there like attractions as well at this thing? Or is it just like a calorie zipper.
Speaker 4: There's tons of they have tons of We did the air where it's like you get on like a it's like a ski lift thing that takes you across the park. And they do a weird thing where it's like on the roofs of buildings. Everyone takes up their underpants and throws it on the roof.
Speaker 2: Okay, I could see that being like a weird tradition.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so there's like.
Speaker 6: A billion bras on the roof of like the dairy building.
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah, it's dairy building.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of weird stuff with the fair, but they do have a million rides.
Speaker 4: There's this whole like kind of kidway place and the Mirror Maze and the you know, all the Curner rids and sometimes I do those, but like I just went to Valley Fair. I just did the men Max video and rode a billion roller coasters like last week. I'm just there to eat basically, like that's the main event there. And also the ride areas are just filled with kids and shit, and we kind of wanted to avoid that. So yes, there is a lot of rides and stuff like that, and like some of them are like one hundred and thirty years old, and the boat boat ride that goes I actually thought about Minati. I was wondering if Minati would be there because it's nothing but like theme park gimmick stuff from the po to the rides.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Our our big fair uh in Ohio actually happened this weekend. It is called the Can't Field Fair and it's pretty close to me. I generally don't go to enlist. Somebody is like to me, like, hey, do you want to go to the fair, And I'm like, ash, sure, maybe otherwise I'm good. I've been to it a lot. Oh sure, it's not themed enough for me, you know, sure.
Speaker 4: I think this one is a special because, like you know, I've lived in a lot of different states, and like I never hear people talking about the state fair, but like this is the big one, and like they say, Texas is bigger, it's the only bigger one in terms of attendance. But people were telling me online yesterday they do a college football game at the fair grounds. Basically it's tied around there and they inflate, you know, to kind of jazz the numbers up. They inflate all the college football attendants into so they say, if you remove the football attendance, this is the biggest state fair in the country.
Speaker 5: I just think it's I think it's a bit of a problem, honestly, all these childless and prouts going to the state fair, which is you know, really a place for kids.
Speaker 2: I think you're trying to shoehorn another idea into this, and I feel like you're listen the mark here a little bit there at Telcoto.
Speaker 5: They state fair adults.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, And then the animal stuff is great. We're just walking around with frozen margaritas and stuff, and there's just because it's like the whole state and like all the like the farmers and stuff. So like there is a building that is just filled with like hundreds of rabbits. Fuck yeahs they do the awards and said, we saw a bunch of big ass horses. There's turkeys and stuff, and ducks. They're just everywhere, cows all this.
Speaker 5: Damn Do they have like the pavilion where it's just like people submitted their baked goods and like he go and you look at them and like some of them have a ribbon?
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 4: We didn't find that because like there's one where it's like here's a whole building of like weird corn art and we pinally find that this time, and we didn't see the baked good stuff.
Speaker 5: But yeah, did you have any questions about the corn where you like, did Jesus eat this?
Speaker 2: That's pretty good? Apparently not? What do you what would you estimate the size of this atrocity is like square footage or whatever you want however you want to. I mean, sure, there's the fair grounds.
Speaker 4: Is this area in Roosevile that is just like several like numerous blocks basically and it just stays that way, like there's buildings and stuff. It's not just tents and stuff. So it stays that way year round. So it's like there's huge buildings and stuff, big concerts and stuff that happened to stay fairst. So I would say numerous blocks.
Speaker 2: I would guess, Okay, I don't know, is it is it the size of a football field or big way? No, No, several football field. That's awesome.
Speaker 6: I'm like a six flags or something almost.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, so like a park it's huge. Yeah, that's great, It's really awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so every year it's the best.
Speaker 2: I was at a small town one probably the size of like maybe three quarters of an acre for it was like a labor day one in Jersey, and uh it was a town thirty minutes away, and our friends who lived there took us there and it was fine. It was just like the normal. It's always like whenever you go to a lot of these in Jersey are like Italian festival themes, so you can get like a lot of you know that kind of exactly that kind of fair. But they had a couple of rides. They were scary because they were just sort of like this ride folded up and fit on a truck a second. I guess, yeah, true. The most carneia shit. And the way they were doing the tickets I found interesting. So for ride tickets, they were basically they were like throwing out these kind of like arbitrary numbers. They were like, yeah, this one's fifty eight credits to get on, and they were just like why are they doing such a weird thing with the credits, Like and it's all this sort of scheme that you kind of meant, I assume to like not have you realize just how much money you are spending on the credits and whatnot. And the whole thing really rubbed me the wrong way, but I did, I did. Who was it? Heather and Keith stopped me to say hello, So hello to you both. I was very lovely meeting you. Yeah, and there you go.
Speaker 4: Fairs Chat looked it up and I guess this is three hundred and twenty two acres and attendance this year was two million people.
Speaker 5: Twenty two Yeah, a holy ship. That can't feel fair. Three hundred and fifty three acres.
Speaker 2: Wow, you guys got all those acres, though out there may not.
Speaker 5: Be as impressive with our usage of the acres, but there's more of them. I don't know how man an acre is though, it's either.
Speaker 3: And I understood. I'm going to year the Columbus went three hundred and sixty acres, so each all.
Speaker 2: Yeah there, you guys got.
Speaker 6: Acres have been dumb.
Speaker 4: I feel whenever somebody like comes here to my house and they ask me a question about like, okay, so how much acreage is is your I don't fucking know. It's like, okay, where's your property line going? I don't know, Like I just never know how to answer any question these people.
Speaker 2: Well, like you know, you don't know the square footage of your house.
Speaker 4: I know the square footage. I don't know the but the but the bakridge surprising.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you buy the house, you you are very you were made very much aware of the acreage of your locked Like that is surprised, but not for you. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The pond like to maybe equate it to a measurement of familiar with like is an acre a mile? Is it?
Speaker 3: So one square mile is six hundred and forty acres?
Speaker 1: This doesn't do anything for me. See that again, you know, you know along a mile is right, But I'm thinking of like Okay, well how many acres is in that? It's fine?
Speaker 3: Like so like a football field is one and a third acre, so like the Minnesota State Fair would be a half mile this way and then a half mile that way, and then that whole space is filled up with ship. Yeah, so and you can walk a half mile and what and what like you.
Speaker 5: Know, uh.
Speaker 2: And something like that.
Speaker 5: So yeah, our friend Argentina Christian, I think it's very upset about the you.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm with I'm with my Argentinian brother christ here. We're yes, the our form of measurement is brain dead everything.
Speaker 3: I want to defend the imperial system. Go ahead, here field, go ahead measuring stuff this week and I was grateful to do. I had I actually have one that does meters and centimeters, and I was like, I'll do it in centimeters because it's like that's easier to work with. And as soon as I started working with working with it, I was like, actually, no inches is easier because frequently I want to divide things by thirds or quarters, and everything in the twelve inch system divides either into thirds or quarters, like you can. Everything's divisible by three and four, So it's easier to work with my head, as opposed to the meters, where it's like very quickly, it's like, oh, if I want a third of a meter, I'm like, oh, okay, now I have to like get three point three three when you're working with it, but a human being, it's it's easier.
Speaker 2: But the tens. But being based on tens is a more logical way to.
Speaker 3: Do when you're trying to memorize things, so I know how many bites is in a gigabyte and all that stuff. Sure, I want to working with these things. I actually like when I'm measuring things, the imperial system.
Speaker 2: Is easier for me.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, listen, I.
Speaker 2: Base twelve superior. I love the same I love.
Speaker 1: I have never not related to y'all to this amount before. This is amazing, This is great.
Speaker 2: But is it? Is it the U? Is it the fairs plus the imperial for was it the corner?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Mike, I didn't want to say scream. That's not really ice scream it is? Uh, how is everyone else's weekend? Everyone to get down to some funky business?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Mike, you guys did a fantasy draft, Mike.
Speaker 3: You know it was nice to like kind of really hang out with Mike's friends have been a minute since I'd done that.
Speaker 2: He's got nice friends. It was thank you. Yeah, yeah, I mean he's not, but everyone else. He has great brothers too, by the way, Yeah great brother Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I got there, there was a bunch of food. I brought some brownies and things like that. We just hung out a food It was it was nice. I couldn't hang out for long. I tried to go get a haircut everywhere close at four pm, so I still have not been able to get a haircut. I'm like, at a certain point, I'm like, I think I'm just gonna go with it and stop trying to cut my hair.
Speaker 5: Go to an airport, brother airport, Jeff. Jeff looks great right uh lately in person, I'm like, whoa grabs really? And it was wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well I also I was wearing my man bag, so I definitely had Zach alfan as.
Speaker 5: So much like new where Zach you look like Zach Alanakis from.
Speaker 2: Lelo and Stitch. But yeah, he looks everything all right.
Speaker 3: I should just gets and lean into it.
Speaker 1: You and I should just like grow out her hair because like my hair is like this is the longest it's been in years.
Speaker 3: Like you had to do you have like a plan for like what you're gonna do, because I think I think I'm just I might get it cut on the sides.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely not cutting any off the top.
Speaker 6: What your life is coming up? So you gotta give Kilo something to do.
Speaker 3: Oh no, bit, last time I cut it for like real, like a lot of cutting.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I I was traumatized walking through Seattle because I was looking at the hotel. I'm like, why do I feel like empty and hollow inside? And then I realized it's because I left a part of me there, and it's we all piled into my hotel room and shaved my head.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I want to do them all them right now.
Speaker 2: I'm just severely offended. I'm sorry, Backlar, Do you want to some of my all the hair talk is that? Yeah? I mean, just like respect your You's like some people wish they had more and it's like you guys just sort of fonted in a way that's got.
Speaker 5: A big beard.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want that. Man. You just pretend I took everything and and O B S.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like one of those magnet toys where you like.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, the guy I grew up wanting to look like my entire.
Speaker 1: Life, I do.
Speaker 2: Wooly willy kind of recommendation is that, Oh my.
Speaker 1: Lord, I went up to Washington and I'll talk about what I want to go play in a second, but I I got to spend some lovely time with our dear friend Bailey Myers. And let me tell you here's a here's a fun fact about Filipinos. All of them can fucking sing, except ten percent of us. I'm sorry, Michael hym and I. We're in that ten percent that cannot stay aldy.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Chastity Vicentio formerly of Game Spot, formerly of i GN Now you'd be soft.
Speaker 2: Oh my fucking god.
Speaker 1: Home girl could is like a legit pop star and how she can bring the house down. It's fucking it's so intimidating. But with enough BEVs and with enough like if the vibe is right, with enough people, and then like what also helped is that suddenly like six people who I didn't fucking know came into this karaoke room and I'm like, oh god, I don't know anyone here, please, Like, where's my where's my support friend? Over here? It came in, and then someone and then here's here, here's where it all clicked into place.
Speaker 5: Oh oh oh.
Speaker 1: Also friend of the site, if he had popped over, if he had put on some musicals and then he had put on feed Me from a little shop of Hohrrores nice. And then I'm like, wait a minute, I did that in high school.
Speaker 2: I was audered to.
Speaker 1: And then he was like, oh, I don't have anyone to do the Seymour part. I'm like, wow, normally I'm a bass baritone, but like, I'll just give it a shot. And I had enough BEVs at this point. And then also as the song was coming in, the fine lovely people at the karaoke establishment were like, hey, here's just like ten shots of like midori and then I hate melon liqueur, but anyway, we have it.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: And then uh, no one is singing the Seymour part with ify and I'm like, you know what, fucking passed me? And pass me the fucking mike R.
Speaker 3: The Filipinos has been hearing unlocked from the drinks at this point, Yes.
Speaker 2: Because I think I had something from the Islands. I had my Malana moment.
Speaker 5: Was it out there at all it's inside Jan, and then he got to a point where I'm like, I didn't think I could ever hit this high note.
Speaker 2: Oh my fucking god.
Speaker 1: And then like three people across the room are like, oh my god, woy, we sound so great. I'm gonna start recording this guy. And then it was fantastic. I felt like I could sing for the first time in my life.
Speaker 3: Can we get that footage and put it up exclusively for premium members? I bet that's like our biggest activation of the year, right, I hear Chance singing.
Speaker 1: I think Bailey has a clip of Iffy and I singing Ohio's for Lovers by Hawthorn Heights.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'll ask Home Girl for that.
Speaker 2: But yes, yes, oh wow, that brings me back Jan. Holy crap, yo yo.
Speaker 1: Also, there was a point where, uh, that one Andrea but Celli song from step Brothers, Yes, where he's singing or something.
Speaker 3: Right right right, I don't know if it's from Steph Brothers mixer, the the Catalina Wine mixer scene.
Speaker 1: There was a point where like, I was fully cognizant of what I was doing.
Speaker 2: I'm just like passing me the fucking mic.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then I.
Speaker 1: I went for it, guys, and then I was like, wow, I felt like I was a gay Spanish Man that was blind singing. Oh yeah, proud problematic too, So there we go. Yeah yeah yeah yeah. Anyways, Uh it.
Speaker 2: Turns out go outside and spend time with people. Yeah. Yeah, that's the takeaway for sure.
Speaker 1: Take away.
Speaker 2: That is a takeaway. Uh yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyone else have any other show they want to bring up before we talk about video game?
Speaker 2: I'm playing around more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hell yeah, okay, that's good stuff.
Speaker 3: Look about you and you said that back of lar, like, do you think that this means something, This says something about where you're at in life?
Speaker 2: No, because I go through these like I go through these hotspots where I'm sweeper into it. I was at the beach last week and like I just sat there and did SID and like I could, I could tell for the first time in a while that I made like tangible, I like leveled up in my comprehension you're doing.
Speaker 3: You're doing the like everal levels deep inferences of like Okay, this is this and this is that, and that means this has to be that and therefore, like that feeling is incredible doing the doing.
Speaker 2: The higher level strats that you are now seeing the board in a way that I previously was not able to see. I'm not doing I'm not at the level like there. Apparently there's a lot of controversy in the Sudoku community where people, you know, like there are solvable, theoretically solvable Sudokus with computers, right, And that's bullshit because it's like, who the fuck cares if you can't do it with your mind and you need like computer assistance, Well, like, how is that fun? Right? So I sit on that side of the fence where I'm a say, some would call me a Sadoka purist, but I don't want to go that far. But that's how I look at the game. And you know, I always got to shout out cracking the cryptic that is the best the Sudoku community online, as far as I'm aware, second best there is there is what's funny, dude, I'm joking like it is a big like everything else. There's a big scene on YouTube of people who are like, no, I want to collect all of the Sudoku freaks, because that's the thing. Don't forget, like Sutoku does isn't owned by anyone, right, like no one like has the rights to the public. It's right. So like people are free to sort of cultivate exactly. People are free to cultivate their sort of like communities and and put you know, plant their flags in the grass and say hey, I'm that community and whatnot. But they get into way more of like all the alternative sudokas where there's like a board with no numbers and just like arrows and shit, and they're just like, oh, here's just logic rules that define the restrictions on this game. But I still do the regular old numbers. But yeah, I'm back on my shit there, so.
Speaker 3: I should mention I got first in the world and one of the Pusmo puzzles on the leader board no shit, yeah it was their circuits one.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Now I couldn't load the leader boardy it set up was number one. I was trying to load it. I was like, am I tied with like a thousand people? Is what I was wondered. But I don't think so, because it's like there's a lot of opportunity to like it was first impressive. Man, Yeah, I was all right, I think what the trick was? I submitted I didn't submit anything until I had them all put in there. I submitted them all at the same time, and I think it like gave me a bonus or something. So hey, pretty cool game.
Speaker 1: Quick quick question for y'all. And this this is me maybe coming to terms of my identity crisis of maybe I can sing. Actually, do I have a Bay Area accent?
Speaker 6: No, I don't know what that would be.
Speaker 5: I don't. I don't think so, I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with Dan here, don't You could be on the news in Ohio, which means that you have that neutral accent.
Speaker 2: So I would say probably.
Speaker 1: Okay, because there was a point where I as as maybe the code switching was getting looser, where I was identifying how I was sounding.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh, this is I sound different than how I know?
Speaker 2: Really do huh?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 5: Anyway, video games, games, games, video games, games games. Yeah, games games.
Speaker 1: Games, video games. Uh, let's get this out of the way now, folks. I went over to Washington to check out.
Speaker 3: Okay, you already said I was gonna say, do do any of us know what he played?
Speaker 2: Because I think all of us were like, why is Channon Seattle? And I remember.
Speaker 4: Confused me today? What was the actual phrasing of it. Jan let's see, he says code Jender MTG nights on GB.
Speaker 6: And I didn't understand any of that except for GB.
Speaker 2: Well, GB was actually games b.
Speaker 5: Job.
Speaker 1: I went over to Wizards of the Coast to check out some Magic the Gathering because that's why I went over there. Lovely lovely folks there, shouts out to Gavin. But yo yo, I learned it. It felt like I was in a college class because we started the day with a lecture about the Color Pie. And like, Mike, you've played Magic the Gathering before, right, Yeah, okay, y'all familiar with the Color Pie.
Speaker 3: No, I played Magic Gathering thirty years ago, and I don't remember.
Speaker 6: I didn't go to that State Fair booth.
Speaker 1: No, the Color Pie was so interesting, and I could tell there were more people that have like more experienced playing Magic the Gathering that were like all kind of not glazing over it, but like I was just like my attention was like just peaked because the color Pie, it's like the five colors of magic the Gathering, white, green, red, blue, black, and then how they synergize or are against each other like diametrically opposed. And it was really neat, but the coolest thing of all gang. My interest in Magic the Gathering started a couple of years ago with Lord of the Rings, and you're asking yourself, jan I didn't know you were into the Lord of the Rings, and you're right. I fucking hate Lord of the Rings, except now, Mikey, because I like it now.
Speaker 5: Pudio listeners. He looked really upset for a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, and then he got very happy.
Speaker 1: Yes. And then with a final Fantasy set coming that had come out, I really like dove into it. And now unfortunately I've I've gone back and bought like the Doctor Who packs because I really like Doctor Who and the Avatar. The last Airbender sets are coming out, and that's gonna be great. The part that I enjoy about this and back we may butt heads against this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear it. I know where this is going. Let's hear it.
Speaker 1: I think I'm enjoying Magic the Gathering more than I have in the previous years of like playing and collecting Pokemon, because the hobby for Pokemon, the Pokemon TCG, has shifted from straight up playing it to now just being a collect a thon where.
Speaker 2: If you're like me, you're almost unaware of the portion of the history where it was playing the game and exclusively know it only for collecting.
Speaker 1: But sure, and like you know, I really enjoyed playing the game, but it got to a point in backler. I'm not saying you are like this, but people in my area are getting into stabbing fights over Pokemon cards where it's like, oh okay, where like, yeah, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Get an associated with all this.
Speaker 1: Also, like if I'm just trying to crack a pack, I don't want to have to line up that side of a target at seven am. Sorry to barn and Jan, I can't do it anymore, dog, But magic has just been so much more approachable, and because there's like such a wide history of different cards and packs, you can just kind of like make anything work.
Speaker 2: But I'm certain it up. But I do think it's a it's a testament to like, you know, they they with this licensing spree that they seem to be on.
Speaker 1: Oh right, yes, yeah, it's it's it's.
Speaker 2: Sort of water. It's sort of diluted that psychotic collection mentality where they're even more likely to make a lot of money with all the licensing that they've been able to do and avoid and step over the kind of like stabbing issue that they were possibly on the road to having.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think like I saw some sales numbers that the final Fantasy packs had done, like Insane gang Bus.
Speaker 3: It was like two hundred million dollars in a day or something like that, which is would make it almost certainly like in a top five of biggest entertainment launches in the history of the world.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Mikey just kisses Ishtola pack over there on a boating box and absolutely, But I got to check out a couple of the new upcoming Spider Man cards and ell, yeah, y'all know, I'm a I'm a Marvel freak, and uh, I thought it was going to be like an interesting challenge because like, how do you like Lord of the Ring set, They like reimagined a lot of the characters, right, like Airgorn is now black, which is dope, sick as fuck.
Speaker 5: But like black black, like you know Land Cards. I'm like, oh right, right, you know racially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, racially, yeah, the name of the podcast today.
Speaker 5: Racial.
Speaker 1: But the Spider Man Cards is, like they do they do such a neat thing of not only incorporating new art but also paying homage to like the original like stan Lee Comics, all of like these iconic covers and like character designs, which is really cool and something that I feel like has to be such a fucking challenge is when you are including all of these new different ip like Final Fantasy, Avatar now Spider Man and whoever knows what else is like down the pipeline, incorporating those mechanics from those ip into the game and making them work, because like, for instance, there is a Venom card, but the Venom card starts as Eddie Brock and you can just summon Eddie by himself and then eventually flip them over to turn into Venom, or depending on how you play it, you could just straight up go to Venom and then flip them down to Eddie. So like the targeting and like the priority kind of changes the playing field. And then there's web slinging mechanics as well. They featured a lot of like the iconic villains, if not all of them. I feel like they also have like a lot of sleeper comic book entries that are like oh, what the fuck you're here too, which which is really neat, but like for instance, like Doc oc like you I think you need eight manna to summon him for each arm, one for each arm exactly neat. And then like as like a comic book freak and like longtime fan of Spider Man, like it's it's really like tickling all of my like Peter tingles of like, oh shit, this is sick as fuck? Are you crossing crossing my fingers? That there is a bone Saw card and it part of it is really neat too if you're a fan of the comics, because they will have like a normal Spider Man card, but that normal Spider Man card could also have like a different costume, like if you remember the Armored Spider Man and not the.
Speaker 2: Iron Spider, not the Iron Spider.
Speaker 1: But like the nineties like silver Armor Spider, like that's over there. Peter's like flirtations with like the Fantastic Four, like they have different iterations of that costume. It's really fucking neat. It's really fucking cool. And after like chatting with some of like the Wizard's Team or like the Magic the Gathering Team specifically, you could tell like these these people really really fucking care and it isn't just like like a cash trying to bank in on a cash cow of like, well, this this IP is popular, let's just go try and make a bit a quick buck off of that. It's like no, no, no, we want to properly pay attention and like properly ease this IP into our greater thing, uh and whatnot. And I'm excited to see what they could potentially do down the line with like other I p here's my pitch, Gang, I should have done this. There you got like five colors right for for Magic the Gathering. You know what else has five colors? Fucking Power Rangers.
Speaker 5: Oh that was good to be about the five of us. I thought we were gonna each get a color and be in Magic the Gathering.
Speaker 2: Like you should get you should get black.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think Backlar should with them.
Speaker 2: Come on, I think that makes the most sense that.
Speaker 5: I bet Power Rangers happens. I think that actually makes a ton of sense. I think you're right.
Speaker 3: I think every IP is going to happen eventually after the amount of success they've been.
Speaker 5: Except for Pokemon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, funny though, you joke, Mike.
Speaker 1: But like Final Fantasy had their own like trade card game that was kind of like dog Rings back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like, actually, it's better just to put them into Magic the Gathering.
Speaker 1: Yeah uh so, uh, folks out there that are super into Magic the Gathering, I need you to send an email in or like a blue skymy of what color or combination of colors you think everyone here on the team would be? Like is I think Grub would be a green? You know, I think uh, I think Dan would be a red, maybe a red blue. Even you know Backlar, Backlar, I feel would be like black red. No, no, Backloor would be black blue from what I've learned from the color pie and everything. Okay, don't worry, this is all complimentary.
Speaker 2: Mikey.
Speaker 1: Sure, I feel like you'd be blue green. No, blue green, white, you'd be three. Yeah, thank you for including the white.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you know, I want There used to be a star Trek trading card game also, and it was never that great if they star Cheking Magic Togethering. I enjoyed it, even though I'm some I'm a little bit of a pooper, and I'm like, I don't know about these franchises. Don't don't actually have magic getting Magic the Gathering cards, Like when they did fall Out, I was like, hm, I'm not sure about this, but also I can get over myself.
Speaker 2: Oh good, that was a lot of growth in that sense.
Speaker 6: I woke up singing songs about himself.
Speaker 5: Why is everyone taking this more seriously?
Speaker 1: And and uh to explain my skeet to Dan, Yeah, Commander is a form of like a mode, let's say, of playing magic.
Speaker 6: The gathering so co jender, I see?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, and.
Speaker 3: We've had is Marjorie Taylor Green?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the way thing? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I wanted to pay pay homage to Mike's people, but I would like to because I've been researching and spell Table is a way that a lot of folks have been playing Commander with each other, and a lot of friends of the site have been playing Commander. It's it's real popular with with everything that I would love to maybe Wednesday nights or an empty night throughout the week to spin up spell Table and play with like three other friends of the website. I've been been bugging Bailey to just like teach me, teach me because I think I'm like absolutely Garbo. But we'll see.
Speaker 4: Jan I would try magic. The thing is, it seems like it's a game. It's a mind game in a way that I understand.
Speaker 2: The way there was thunder Folk or whatever that was like D and D.
Speaker 4: And stuff is I don't even understand how it's not just a weird improv group. I've played Hertstone when it came out. I remember thinking like, oh, I get it. This is kind of fun. So I think I could enjoy Magic the Gathering.
Speaker 2: I think why people hate.
Speaker 5: This try.
Speaker 2: I think I hate you because you enter things from like a position of like you're trying to come off as as like authentic and kind of like wholesome, and then you immediately will ship on this thing that we.
Speaker 1: Do.
Speaker 6: You like the gathering. It's not a joke.
Speaker 1: No, So okay here, Dan, one of our very close mutual friends, is also very into magic, and him and I talk about it a lot. I think we could ask him to build you a deck and then like we just go over and explain what some of the things do.
Speaker 6: I think cards or is just like an do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When I'm playing the game, I'd rather do the digital version right right right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you could get into it because.
Speaker 4: I was actually like if I could just play it online and not like I don't really want to like to buy a bunch of stuff or get a bunch of cards.
Speaker 6: But like I would play online.
Speaker 2: We could get your cards and see, we're all just suckers. We're just suckers. I'm not buying this for a second. There's no way about matter of.
Speaker 4: The Gathering in my History of Games says that I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Like this if there's a bunch of fantasy stuff and there's some.
Speaker 4: Common I like plenty, as long as I like the game for Zelda's Fantasy as Ship and it's like my favorite.
Speaker 3: But you like the tactics games, and you lasted thirty seconds in Sunderfolk, I don't. Did you just think that was a Dungeons and Dragons game.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I thought Sunderfolk was because because there was a polar bear walking like a human.
Speaker 2: Nos in Magic the Gathering, for sure, I don't.
Speaker 1: I thought that's kind of see this, y'all are going to have eggs on your face because if you got sick, if you know, if it proves me wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah you go, you take this project. I thought I could fix him too. What's upon a time?
Speaker 2: No idea?
Speaker 4: Hey, I like Slay the Spire. I think monster trains really fun. We got this new game of this Dustbier's physical card game that Ben Hanson showed me.
Speaker 6: That's like, that's really fun. Me and Bank play that. Now I can enjoy card stuff.
Speaker 1: Uh now, No, here's the thing. If you all thought and I were being annoying every time we would greedy each other saying like ba Janza badanza, No I love that. Wait until I get Dan or or maybe we can get Dan to play at least one or two games of Commander and then we just go Cojander Coudander to each other.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean the shirts print themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll play it.
Speaker 6: I'll give it the best, just try.
Speaker 3: Definitely on the mount rushmore of hobbies that video game people are also into, right, it's wrestling f one like books, probably not even on the list.
Speaker 6: There's like four people in games to watch.
Speaker 2: I don't think too many people play video games for there to be like littles.
Speaker 3: About our scene though, like yeah, yeah, like clearly it's wrestling in this matter.
Speaker 5: You all, like, you all like Prestige TV a lot too, But maybe that's just everybody.
Speaker 2: I don't so you're all wrong.
Speaker 5: Though. That being said, was the Coast if you're listening.
Speaker 1: Also, on top of the power Rangers idea send me back to the to the office, I got ideas for days.
Speaker 2: Get ready to cut the check. Wrestling, Yeah, they should actually do that.
Speaker 5: That would be there are actual people who have magic in wrestling. More people have magic and professional wrestling.
Speaker 4: I don't like supernatural gimmicks and wrestling. I think the lame Jack does. So you sunder folks had a lot of talking. I think that was the thing that was like.
Speaker 2: Magic has a lot of reading.
Speaker 6: You want to read, like how many like hit points it does?
Speaker 5: Uh, there's more. There's a lot of rules. There's a lot of keywords that aspire.
Speaker 4: You know how many times I have to like look at a card and be like, all right, this is going to do or Monster Train has all sort much like that.
Speaker 2: It's very similar to and it's going to force himself Now he's done himself too.
Speaker 1: Deep And that was just just watch folks. Dan and I are gonna like be invited as guests of honor to Magic Conidentic the gather in.
Speaker 2: Podcasts and then I'll believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, hey, would you all think snowbike Mike got really into magic?
Speaker 2: The gathering. Yeah, but he gets into everything. Yeah, yeah, yeah, nothing surprised me about it.
Speaker 5: He's so full of wonder like that. He'll like, yeah, he'll do something we expect me like, wow, this is great. Like he really liked Kingdom Hearts and a way Dan could never.
Speaker 6: There's no way on that one. Oh yeah, I'm open minded to a point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, no, I get it, I get it. I get it. Speaking about card games, Mike Manatta, you've been playing Slay the Spire.
Speaker 5: Yes, actually, I started playing this game for the first time about a week ago. This was the next top of my twenty nineteen Apologies time Tour first time, which is wild because I do like card games and I played a ton of Harvestone back in the day, specifically, I was a big fan in nineteen specifically, instead of playing good games, Ah, that was good for a while there, and they even had single player modes that were a lot of fun. I was kind of like this, but yeah, like just like starting with this up immediately, it was like, oh, this is all pretty familiar. I gets this, and in fact, this is kind of better in a lot of ways because I get to play this game without having, you know, buy packs of cards every three months and all that stuff, which was fun for a while that eventually became a money chore. But gosh, yeah, just the whole setup here with the roguelake, elements of just starting with this very basic deck and making my way through and adding cards and sort of figuring out what bill I want to do, getting really strong early on with builds where it's like, okay, I can get block and that qus be safe. But also some cards turn blocks into attacks, so that was very satisfying. So yeah, I kind of ripped through that one. I beat it with the first three characters within that first week. I had a great time, and already so like, ooh, I kind of want.
Speaker 1: To go back.
Speaker 5: Such a good all tab game, you know. Yeah, right, that's even with Harston. Sometimes I would all tab it, but I had to like listen for my sound cube when it was my turn. Here, I don't worry about that. It's always my turn. The enemy turned doesn't take very long and they sit there and they wait for me. So yeah, it was fantastic. I understand why I took over a lot of people's lives back in the day. I'm now very excited for Slave the Spire too. I think I want to check out Monster Train two. Now.
Speaker 6: Monster two is awesome?
Speaker 1: You really really like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, just look at a picture. Okay, this looks very similar to Slay the Spire in a way that I think I'd enjoy it. I us so just like how different the different characters I could play was like the first first one was relatively simple than the third one. It's like summoning different orbs of magic that have passive effects that I can kind of activate them as it was getting more complicated. Yeah, well made games. Slay the Spire. Turns out I should have played it back in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Mike, did you ever play any other like of those, like combat card games that were inspired by Slay the Spire, like that Steam World.
Speaker 6: Game, SteamWorld Quest. That's a good one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, I never played Quest. I haven't played Inscription similar right, Uh so I never touched in Scripture or Midnight Suns the Marvel thing, which I was a little bit Yeah, some somehow I just never really played much of these. So yeah, the part of me was like I played so much Harp, so I was maybe a little burnt out on digital card games in general for a while there like that was like a big part of my job at Games for a bit was I was the Blizzard guy in Harstone specifically. It was fun being so into that because they were sending me out to events. I revealed a couple of cards, mostly because some other more important people were sick, so I had to slot in still though, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: Oh uh, Mike, you ever play Inscription? No? No?
Speaker 5: See, yeah, I never never touched inscription, So I might have some more catching up to do here. Uh, got to finish up my twenty nineteen apology tours. It just has one last stop. Now I'm gonna play Disco Elysium. Then I think I am. I'm good and I am caught up on that. Y Oh. It came out mostly about talking.
Speaker 4: There's never been a game less for me. I can be confident in that one minded to a point, open minded to a point. And I appreciate you for that.
Speaker 1: Dan Uh.
Speaker 5: Speaking about going back in time, Dan, you have a note about chi Robo I do.
Speaker 4: And I talked about a little bit, and I streamed a little bit of it, you know, not too long ago on the site, and I was playing it last night.
Speaker 6: I'm several hours into it.
Speaker 4: I really do like the game, and like I like the loop of it, and I just it's one of those games it's very satisfying just to go and kind of clean shit up and get to your happy points and all that stuff. But there was a point last night where it's like, you know how we get emails sometimes where it's like, I feel like we've had that question where it's like, what's a game that you liked everything it was doing, but there was just one aspect of it that made it hard for you, like, and I never can think of a great answer for it. The answer is this, the fucking techt speed in gb Robo is insane. And it was like something I was pushing through for like several hours here and it wasn't too bad until last night. There was a part in the basement area of that game where there's this like duck crab fortune teller thing or whatever, and it's all it is. It's not even like a big story thing. It's just like a betting game where it's like I'm going to bet a hundred moolah that your eye is going to open or your eye is not going to open. This thing should take thirty seconds Max. It felt like ten minutes of just like this text and then like you're Jamin, I a to get through it, and it goes right to like, hey, do you want to do it again? Like double or nothing, and it's very easy to hit a again, and then it's another fucking like it is the most inexcusable text speed, unskippable, unbuttoned through thing I've ever seen in a video game. And it's at that point where I'm just like, I don't know if I can play this game because it is so frequent and like I like it, Like you walk into a room and it's like, oh, there's all these like this weird egg army and they're all shooting at you and they talk and it's like it's all funny and good writing and stuff like that, but it's just the most laborious text I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 6: I just I wrote my last night. I was like, I don't think I can keep doing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't able to do this.
Speaker 5: This era was kind of bad with that, like you would get these weird slow text crawls and I never understood it. I'm like, you know, we were testing video games, obviously, how does this never come up like, hey, it's a little annoying how slow the text crawls. That has to be the easiest thing possible for you to fix, right, That's just got to be some value in some code somewhere. I don't know if it's like, well, we wanted to match the speed if somebody was actually talking, this is how fast you would conceive the words. It's so annoying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's like every time you plug in to you know, recharge, which you need to do a lot, and she'd be robo. It asks you if you want to save, and like, you know, if you're hitting a to kind of get through the text, you're just automatically going into the save menu and stuff. It's just through so much of that in this game that like, I want to keep playing because I think I like everything else it's doing.
Speaker 2: But holy shit, it's people are saying dolphin and fast forward, and it's like, yeah, I was gonna play this game. That's how I would do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've just been holding off until switch to because it felt like such a great one, Like.
Speaker 3: You should be disappointed because you specifically were waiting for this version.
Speaker 6: And I heard Nikky on vgb's had the same complaint too.
Speaker 4: It is like a very noticeable thing and it's not just like oh, impatient, med he doesn't want to see the story because I like the story and the humor of this game, but man, this sucks.
Speaker 1: That's unfortunate. Speaking about going back and playing older games, Dan, you checked out Gears Reloaded.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like probably close to halfway through it with Kayla. You know, we stream all the Gears games together, and we streamed it over the weekend, and turns out it's still great, Like even the first Gears is fantastic. But like, you know, me and Kayla streamed the Gears was the Ultimate Edition or whatever it was that came out on.
Speaker 6: Series X a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: So we streamed that last year and we're streaming this now and it's like it's not that different.
Speaker 3: I mean no, it's even with the advertised it's like this sounds like that backward compatible, upgraded version they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just kind of like, you know, yeah, runs it four K. It looks good.
Speaker 2: It's just on PlayStation now. That's really different.
Speaker 4: That is the thing is like it's the novelty of like wow, press r one to active reload, and I'm playing with the PlayStation controller and seeing PlayStation prompts and so like that's the thing. That's that's the whole thing is that it's just on PlayStation now, which of course I understand why that would happen, but it's just to say that it's not the most exciting thing. It's not like they did another remaster of it, like remake, it's not. It's just it's on PlayStation now. So still very very fun. So if you've never had an Xbox and you just want to see what Gears was all about, the games age very well, I.
Speaker 2: Bet it's gonna do.
Speaker 3: I bet it's gonna do decent on PlayStation, and I bet a lot of people are gonna pick.
Speaker 2: It up out of curiosity.
Speaker 1: Yep, fantastic. I'm still bummed there's no Horde mode in that, but it's it's okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that came about in two I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just remember spending so much time on that fucking beach and then like the big dude with a thing on his back whatever. Anyway, continuing to talk about older games that are new again, Dan Mike and a couple of us as well.
Speaker 2: Have played Shanobi.
Speaker 6: I beat it a couple days ago.
Speaker 2: There's the final runtime on.
Speaker 4: That I got close to one hundred percent at like twelve hours.
Speaker 2: I would say, oh, yeah, is that with like one hundred percent in all the areas too?
Speaker 4: So I was doing that, and then when I beat the game, it's like I had a few of those like there's those rifts that you can go into, and a lot of them are just kind of like longer platforming challenges with little to no checkpoints, and like, I like the platforming in it, but there was definitely some where it was like, Okay, this is I've died fifteen times on this, and like I beat the game, I've got like over ninety something percent completion. I got other stubp I ney to play, so probably not doing the full hundred percent on it. But yeah, you know a lot of talk obviously of like Ninja Gaiden and shanoby both being back and being good. And I did play a lot of Ragebound. I'm probably over halfway through that one, and I like it a lot. I think Ragebound is very very good, but I feel like Shanoby on kind of all fronts is is better. Obviously, the look is incredible. Just it's one of those games where it's like it gives you this ever increasing suite of abilities and stuff that you can do in combat and traversal and everything, and it never feels overwhelming like I would go into these like every time I saw one of those, like Elite Combat challenges, I loved it because it's just like I love, Yeah, hit someone up in the air, jump up, use some ninda, do the dive kick and then hold in why into.
Speaker 6: The spin thing and everything.
Speaker 5: Movie is so good.
Speaker 4: It feels fucking awesome. And then like the boss fights are so finely tuned where it's like, you know, I would die several times on them. I'd learn the pattern just like a good boss fight, and then I would kill it and it was usually close to the end. And when you see the like execution thing above their head pop up you do that, it does the like cool like a Kuma style like kill you know where it kind of pauses like I would like cheer sometimes when I killed some of these bosses.
Speaker 6: It is a tremendous game.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, it's uh yeah, it's really good. It feels so good. I think that difficulty curve is nice. I kind of like there being a little difficulty spike at the end of the game that might throw some people off, but yeah, they're definitely it's some of it is optional stuff, these optional platforming challenges from the optional kind of yeah, uh, monster closets, whatever you call them. It's funny. The game reminded me a lot of like a two D Doom maternal and a lot of positive. It's in some negative ways where I think levels are very long in this scheme, like just doing a single level could be like thirty minutes to an hour, and you know, the level design is it's a lot more like Okay, go here and I'll fight a wave of enemies and more gonna pop up, and less like we're placing enemies throughout the level and just kind of like you know, the level design with the enemy placement of Superport. There's a bit of that, but it is kind of much more just about these Encharacters's a very combat forward game first and foremost.
Speaker 4: It does the platforming stuff, especially you start getting like the the claws that let you climb on stuff and it recharges. You're like DOUBLEMP and dash, and then you get the Ninja hook and stuff. There's definitely some like the platforming. Uh yeah, it's better by the end. It sounds always good.
Speaker 5: There's some ori influence later on you get like this kind of you know, like like cloth thing, and there's even a flooded section where you're kind of escaping some water. But yeah, gosh, the game does just look so good and there's kind of like an amazing visual element to that final level that just looks awesome.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know, I've liked the old Shnoby games a lot. Just having this here is great, even though like it plays quite a bit different than say Shanoby three or you know, Revenge of Shanoby, where you know, largely just about throwing Ninja's guitars and kun and I that this is much more about getting up in there doing these big combos and you still can you know, you have the range weapons and that's largely for taking care of arm or things like that. But boy, it is really sad. So it does kind of remind me of that Prince of Persia Lost Crown combat where there's just all these tools and you're juggling, you're you know, you're building up special meters and spending those at the appropriate times. Uh yeah, the bosses. Again, that's our highlight.
Speaker 4: I've seen some people wonder if, like, oh, okay, do I need to like how much do I need to know the Shnobi's series whatever. I've never played a Shnoby game.
Speaker 2: You got read the books now, Yeah, you gotta read the books first. Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so I I have. There's zero percent has told you here. It makes me curious to go back. I have no idea how that never like crossed my path. I was a Genesis kid is awesome game gear. Shanoby is also awesome.
Speaker 6: Okay, and I saw Snoby two and three. Ye're on switch online?
Speaker 5: Yeah, place, Yeah, it's a revenge of Shanoby's two. But Sholoby three. Yeah, play Shanobe three I think should be three. Yeahs great, that's the one. You'll probably see more of the influence here, though again it's gonna be a bit different, Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, is Joe Musashi one of the coolest names for a ninja ever?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Cool name, Joe, right, Joe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, class.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I think about just going just like throwing Jan out the window and just going by my initials ja. Oh, just by by Joe like that. It quite work.
Speaker 2: We'll see I'd embrace it, all right.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see speaking about games that look absolutely stunning and gorgeous. But maybe this is causing a point of frustration. Jeff Grubb, you are you are continuing your journey through Expedition thirty three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I want to just check in with and get some pointers from people. I mentioned this to Mike and his brother, and it just sounds like I might be under leveled for the area I'm in. I am. It's telling me to go to the paintress. I did that, and now I'm in that area right after that first encounter with her, and everything is one shot in me, and I was like, I was like level thirty eight, thirty nine when I entered it, and I've started like grinding to just deal with that. Like I'm you know, I'm getting through fights because I'm pairying and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's fine, But when I get hit dead every time.
Speaker 4: Grub, I think I was kind of running into some of that, and like that is a great time to like, are you I think you're at the point now to where you can pretty easily traverse the overall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, think I got most of the stuff to traverse the overworld.
Speaker 4: Then that's a good time to just kind of go around like all these like nooks and crannies, you know, follow rivers around, see if there's any little like landing zones optional things you can kill. Some of them will one shot you, but like this is a good grinding time.
Speaker 3: I did fight the Axons. I fought both at both Axons.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's at.
Speaker 5: Least one really big optional dungeon, and when I did that, I remember, like almost I kind of the opposite experience from you in that dungeon, where I was like, oh, this is almost kind of too easy.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Truck saying I was I'm ten to fifteen levels lower than he was. I think I think that's what it is. I think I'm just like severely under which is fine. I probably just I probably did skip some extra stuff that would have helped. I'm grinding, and you know what that means. I get to do the battle system, which I continue to love. I like, and I was on this, I have like not obsessed over my pict dose, but I've been minding them. I've been like kind of going to them to a certain I'm not optimizing.
Speaker 2: That do that. And then also the sub level picked up luminas. Is that what they're called?
Speaker 6: Uh god, I've been thinking about.
Speaker 2: The green things, the green things, yeah, luminus maybe yes, yeah.
Speaker 6: I think yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Like make sure you're just spending all those points also, because I you know, it's there is a vocabulary that that game kind of speaks that is not very deliberate, I think with that stuff and you It took me about half the game, maybe a third before I was like, oh what am I doing? Like I can, I can take advantage of things I'm not taking.
Speaker 3: That's I didn't notice.
Speaker 5: Make sure it's you know, put on a new pictose and then learn it, right, Yeah, doing all that. Make sure you just have the highest level pictose equipped on people.
Speaker 3: Easy way to see what pictose I don't have I haven't learned, Like I just like.
Speaker 4: Looking at when you look at the her list, I think the ones that you have learned have color to them.
Speaker 3: It'll be like, okay, I agree, that's probably what it was, but it just wasn't super obvious.
Speaker 2: And you're afraid of your weapons right and all that shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I'm upgrading my weapons and I'm using the good weapons. Now that that did help. I think that. I I think it's probably is this thing with the pictos of I'm not optimizing that enough.
Speaker 2: I probably was just like where.
Speaker 5: Your defense that actually comes from? Largely, I did.
Speaker 3: Switch up my strategy now and am I using a lot more shield spells, so I'm putting in it like physical shields that will completely negate all damage for a hit that's made a huge difference, and stuff like things like that. But I was just like wondering if this is normal. It sounds like it's normal if I didn't do a lot of the side content, So okay, I just wanted to make sure I didn't do something super dumb.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of your experience of this game mirror is mine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, And like to be clear, none of this has actually been a problem because I'm still having fun. I'm like having fun even when getting one shout because like they updated it so if you lose a fight, you just restart the fight right there, you know, to go back and run to it, and that has made it super smooth. So yeah, kind of no complaint. I just want to make sure I wasn't getting.
Speaker 2: Like it, oh right, because you would have to watch a cutscene again right, like that you have to like go from like a yeah, you'd have to like run back to the fight. Yeah, you don't even have to do that anymore. Oh there's one where there's like a real long run. You're just like one of my seventeen seconds of running before I get in this fucking thing. I Uh. There was an area that I got to, I think around the part that you're describing where you are just sort of inundated with like you know, trio after trio battle, and you're just like, oh, this is just seems imbalanced in a weird way where you know you're just meant to kind of you know, the way I kind of calculated it was like, oh, the game's just trying to like get you prepared, to maybe get you a little more leveled before you face something real nice.
Speaker 3: There's like some of those systems for some of these characters requires like a couple extra terms before you get to do the really fun stuff. I think they're trying to enable that, so and I'm fine with that cause that's been fun too.
Speaker 2: It's a good game. Yep, good game, yep, very good game.
Speaker 5: Well I'm glad grub that that has not derailed your enjoyment.
Speaker 2: No, you have been unrailed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually were still about this and major in which we played on UPF.
Speaker 2: People should go watch that if they haven't Train week. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, we did our mini train week on just Friday of last week.
Speaker 2: Unrailed.
Speaker 3: This is the game where it's is it like overcooked for building trains? Is that like a fair way of describing it?
Speaker 4: At a certain point, I feel like not every four player co op game is like an overcooked.
Speaker 2: Like but popular. So it's just like a good short line. Yeah, No, that's like repoth.
Speaker 5: I just like saying friends, Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: You just love slopping with friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is like that overcooked in that everyone has a job that they should be doing, and it's like it's a division of labor game, like everyone there's to be done.
Speaker 4: That that feels like overcooked. I could see where it's like you're all kind of yelling at each other. Hey, I need trees. I need trees. So I can see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I thought it was really fun. But I had a really good time playing it. It's a game where there are trees, there are rocks, you need wood, and you need stone to build rails for a train that is moving, you have to go add new tracks to the beginning so it doesn't run out, and you want to connect the train track to the station to end the level. And then there's a bunch of other complications of like you could upgrade the carts on your train to produce assets faster, or so that they're invisible so you can walk through them, because things could get in the way and things can cut you off and now you're screwed, or you're in a situation where you have to like move very fast or else you're going to fail out the level. And it's a four player co op game, so everyone can take their job and do their thing, and then occasionally someone's not doing something and everyone yelse, hey, we need that done. And then someone goes and takes that task, and that means they have to leave something else behind. It's a good division of labor game. I really enjoyed myself.
Speaker 5: I like that the kind of upgrade system isn't so much about your character but about upgrading the train, adding more like you know, trains to it, or just upgrading specific sections of it. And it's like, oh, now we have this part of the train, you know, making break paths. Well, yeah, all that stuff was satisfying to me.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And then we played major Ina, which is the rock the voice activated spell casting multiplayer. Yes, a competitive game, and we did two v two. Christian hopped in on my team and it was Mike and Dan and you start off with a book of spells and you can look at the spells since fireball and magic missile, and you just sad your microphone magic missile and it'll cast.
Speaker 2: The magic missile.
Speaker 3: It has to, you know, it's got to build back up and then you can cast it again. That was I had a really good time with that as well, which.
Speaker 6: It was very fantasy as well.
Speaker 2: And I like that your hero multi boy, thank.
Speaker 6: You, thank you.
Speaker 5: It was really funny.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 3: So the best part for me was anytime I would get near Dan, Dan would hide behind it tree and giggle because it's pros chat and I'm trying to kill him. It was like it was like a cartoon. It was like living in a Tom and Jerry.
Speaker 6: You and then giggle and runaway and the tree.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you did very well the first time with that. The second time it was hilarious. You had one kill and seven deaths. That was a really long match. Yeah, and I could tell Dan was still having a good time and entertained himself.
Speaker 2: I was entertained.
Speaker 4: I think prox Chat is just like I'm always gonna find it either very funny or like a really interesting mechanic.
Speaker 6: Like I love prox chat.
Speaker 2: I that thing.
Speaker 3: It's hot right now for a reason because it's always awesome. I think every time we've done one of these, I've had a good time. It's great for content. Uh And and this one was like legitimately interesting, like the gnomes, whether you can go trade them stuff. I traded them, traded them my spell book twice because I was like, what's the button? And the second time I hit it again and gave my book. But at that time they gave me a pretty decent upgraded spell. And that's when I like came around the corner and Dan was trying to capture our flag and I just cast the right right at him and he.
Speaker 2: Blew up in front of me. It was great, And.
Speaker 5: There's something incredibly satisfied about like sticking up with somebody, hearing them talk to themselves. Yeah, they don't know you're there, and you're just like fireball, I see.
Speaker 4: Like half the time just trading ship with the gnomes. I'd like I'd have like a stick or something. I'd be like, please, I want the good spells whatever. And then one time I went to them and the grub I think you and Christian had just been there and you like slaughtered them accidentally, and it's just a bunch of gnome corpses.
Speaker 2: Like, no, I.
Speaker 5: Think I was.
Speaker 3: I think I was Christian trying to salt the earth to stop you from getting up great smart yea dark. But it was like I like learned the were other spells because I would hear all of a sudden the rock. I'm like, and then a giant rock exploded underneath my feet and threw me into the air.
Speaker 5: What type They was just trying to talk to me about that spell and he's like, yeah, I got this rock spell. They're like GiB.
Speaker 3: Came up because he said the word rock. It's it was great. I mean, pro sap give it to a every time I'm going to have a good time.
Speaker 2: I'm with it.
Speaker 1: I'm with it, very happy that you'll wound up checking that out.
Speaker 4: Oh one thing I didn't put on the list. I do want to mention though, I watched a good amount of Hell is Us last night and I played like three hours of it at that event, and it's out for like early access. Now, Yeah, that's a really interesting game. And that is one of those games that, like, if you look at the reviews are kind of polarizing, you'll see like tens and sevens and stuff. And I think it's interesting in that way that the things that's doing, I think some people will fucking hate and some people it will be one hundred percent theirs shit where it's like no maps, no quest log, no objective markers, like it's all diegetic stuff. It's like the tone of it is awesome. It's very Annihilation if you've seen that movie. It's a really really cool game. I'm kind of fascinated by it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I enjoyed what I play There was like there was a really surprising puzzle thing that they did in that demo, do you know what I'm talking about? With like you go to like a castle and you're on the roof of a castle trying to like understand shapes and stuff, and I'm just like, I wasn't expecting this to this game to give me that, And I don't know, I think part of the intrigue for me. I thought it was gonna be a little bit more like Satan Focus, which I can, you know, kind of look over. But I was surprised. I think part of the mystique and mystery for this game for me is like what even is this? Like what even is this world?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Yes, I am I'm looking forward for sure.
Speaker 4: And it's cool just having to have like a mental log or taking notes of just like why was that fucking woman screaming in the cave?
Speaker 6: I can't forget about her? What's she doing there?
Speaker 4: Like did you see something that's like I have to note that, Like I need to figure this out later what this thing is.
Speaker 2: It's you know, I got a little word where I was like, oh, this is just like you know, throwing all like cool imagery and a blender and seeing what happens, right, and like sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't, Like, you know, I was reminded of a lot of stuff, you know, obviously the fun you know, annihilation and things, though it is something that always comes up with the stuff that we like. But I think, uh, yeah, I I really want to see how they kind of connect all the dots.
Speaker 4: Here instead of like the endgame map or whatever. It's like literally like like you'll meet a character and they give you a hand drawn map with arrow and it's like you gotta like you're here, and like yeah, it's just you know a lot of you know, looking at signs in the environment or like a character is like, hey, I hid this thing in the woods or whatever, like I marked the trees with you know, white markings or whatever, so follow those or follow these wind chimes, and.
Speaker 2: It's got yellow paint.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: No, wait, And then there was like an area where you like go underground and you fight like.
Speaker 6: Just like sch monsters, monster dudes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like fucked up, weird faceless hole in their body, monsters.
Speaker 4: Weird geometry coming out of their souls, and like.
Speaker 2: Where's this game? Now, let's go, let's play this game.
Speaker 5: It's a cool game.
Speaker 2: I'm not excited because I have it on Fantasy Critic.
Speaker 3: That's that's really like the idea of a game that's just like self contained and like throws you in there, let's you figure stuff out.
Speaker 2: So then I'm gonna check this out because.
Speaker 1: Of that, Kelly, let's go and last game on the list here before we had to Bricky Break very actually thematically related to the Hell is Us Kirby and The Forgotten Land to Switch two version.
Speaker 2: Cut from this.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kirby and the Forgotten Land Nintendo Switch two edition plus Star Crossed Worlds.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Grub.
Speaker 4: So, I just played a couple levels last night just to see the performance and stuff, and it did the thing where I went to the world map and I saw that cut scene of the star coming down and stuff. So I just loaded up to see the performance stuff. I did not know about the added stuff, So like, what is that? How substantial is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So it's Star Cross Worlds is mostly remixed levels that add different things you do in levels with like the Sparkly Star theming from the DLC and you have to find three new Starry characters hit in the map, and then there's all the bonus stuff that you could do, like, oh you found five, you opened five flow worse on your things. You get another story, and then you get to the end of the level and you get three stories and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's right, it's just like the wattle and these are these are stars and not like the soda right exactly, Carrier story it is. But it's mostly just Kirby in the Forgotten Land again. Uh, and like I said, mostly remixed, and I am finding it pretty entertaining.
Speaker 3: Still, one part of it is the game does look phenomenal.
Speaker 6: It looks great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and like just the textures of the characters really pop with the higher resolution and everything. I'm really impressed by the way the game looks. I don't know if it's you know, twenty dollars more on top of sixty dollars games that worth it. Eighty dollars is a big price tag for this game.
Speaker 2: Eight whole.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just twenty dollars for the expansion, right, you're starting at for Nella. Yeah, and it's not you don't get new Kirby abilities to get new mouthful.
Speaker 2: Mouth mouthful modes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's interesting because you know, I haven't.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I still can't believe they called it mouthful notes they got new mouthful.
Speaker 3: Did you see you guys see Doug Bowser's joke he said in the name of the title, and it was like, that's a real mouthful? Am I right with us?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Yeah? But it's you know, I have a place gavest As it came out so these levels. Part of me is like, how are we mixed? Are these how many of the parts are new? Because I haven't you know, I don't remember. This is kind of a bonus if they are super just kind of reusing stuff, I can't really tell.
Speaker 3: I think that's gonna be the case for most people.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I wonder what it's gonna be like for someone who is buying this eighty dollars, goes through the whole game and then plays the Star Cross World stuff like alongside it. But the way that they mix things up is there will be the critical path that was the Vanilla level, and this will often add a thing where it's like, you found the star Cross World flower, hit that thing, and it'll open up this new path that just got created by the star path off in this other direction. So it's not like, oh, it's just changing the paint on the pathway that was here before. It's often introducing new branching paths with new challenging platforming puzzles stuff in there. Again, I think that this has done a good job of using what's there and adding new stuff in a way that I have no real complaint about it. Like, I don't think this doesn't feel like a lazy DLC because they're reusing stuff or something like that.
Speaker 5: I mean larger, I just like Curbing Forgotten. It's so much I'm excited to play more of it. It really does make me excited just thinking about what that full blown sequel is going to look like when that comes out someday yeap.
Speaker 3: Overall, though, it's like, yeah, this game is still fun. It's still a good time. I think the DLC, I've heard a bunch of times. I think I'm pretty close to finishing it. I've heard it's like threeish hours. It's like a one sitting thing. So again, twenty hours that worth it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: And Rack, you know, Chessy. I think there's more to levels than just like they added those star paths. I think the geometry might be new or something. Again, it's weird, it's hard to tell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now there's there's quite a few changes to it.
Speaker 3: That's when like the star paths take you in different direct you weren't on before, so they would have to introduce new geometry and things like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I was happy to see because like I got pretty far in that game. I was in like the Desert World, and I just kind of fell off or something else came out and I downloaded it.
Speaker 2: Here it just.
Speaker 4: Seamlessly just like had all my stuff, you know, switched one to switch to and out of the DLC with like one little cut scene, so very easy for me to hop back in and finish that game.
Speaker 2: Yep. It's yeah.
Speaker 3: I of all the stuff they've done with Nintendo, switched to edition of the ones they've charged for this one earns that twenty dollars the most. Yeah, first, what significantly better than Mario Party I got. I wish they would just put the camera stuff in there and not charge the extra money, because I like the camera stuff in Mario Party. But here, it's like, now, this feels like a real expansion. Even if I think a lot of people would be like twenty dollars is a bit much for what's here, I don't I paid for it.
Speaker 2: I don't feel that way.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Elle, yes, well that about does it for video game talk. But real quick, I just wanted to give two special shouts out Shouts out to the homie Michael Ruiz, different Michael that I've met out in Washington. But also, Yo, you know what's head of fucking suit. What's that Pink Gorilla Games?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it is great, yo, Like I I got the chance, I had some time to stop by the shop. It is a baller ass store, y'all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it takes good care of their ship for sure.
Speaker 4: You go to a lot of like used game stores and it's like various shitty cases and some of the reproductions and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Like, no, Pink Gorilla is always awesome.
Speaker 2: It was. It was super dope.
Speaker 1: I I think Kelsey Lewin was probably Occupato setting up the Pink Gorilla Games booth at packs proper. But like pool that store, immaculate, folks, We're gonna go take real real quick. I do just sorry. There is one other game I've been playing.
Speaker 3: I can't talk about it yet, but my kids have been playing a ton of bit Do I have to explain embargoes to my kids?
Speaker 2: So do you guys think I'm safe.
Speaker 5: Take food off our families because their kids, you know, have loose lips?
Speaker 6: Are they on social media?
Speaker 2: They're not?
Speaker 5: Recess?
Speaker 6: Is recess still a thing?
Speaker 2: I think there's a recess. They don't ever talk about recess. So honestly, the thing in school was yeah, no, I mean when played through Astrobot like early and finished it before and like I said, I'm like, just don't talk about this at school. Like I legit said that this.
Speaker 3: One is not like a name brand that people will recognize, so I think they brought it up. Everybody like what is that? But I'm looking forward to talking about it because the kids are super.
Speaker 2: Integing what the ones. Yeah, I'll match it to you guys and discord.
Speaker 5: Okay, you can tell us in voice in the second here.
Speaker 2: Good point.
Speaker 1: There's no way to know, no way to know, and maybe you'll have to tune in next week to figure out what Grub was alluding to.
Speaker 2: I think I actually two weeks.
Speaker 1: Oh, two weeks. Well, well there's also a game that I can't talk about for two weeks. Also, then what about that a recess, folks, We're gonna have ourselves a quick little recess. So we're gonna play some four square, maybe some tetherball, and just trade little snack packs and then we'll be back with the news right after this.
Speaker 2: Jam.
Speaker 3: My computer is sick. I've decided it's time to start building a new one. I just don't know where to start, Grub. If your computer is SICKI.
Speaker 1: Pooh, you gotta start with MSI, which just drops something big in its brand new Z eight ninety and B eight sixty Intel motherboards.
Speaker 3: Are those the motherboards that unlock the power of the Intel Core Ultra series two CPUs.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, these.
Speaker 1: MOBOs, as we're calling them on the streets are powerhouses for gaming, streaming and whatever intense tasks you need to throw at them.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, but Jane, you know me. I'm scared of tools that screwdrivers so sharp.
Speaker 1: It's okay, bud, MSI made them jeffproof maybe Dan proof as well, which means they're easy to work with. No more wrestling with tiny little screws or confusing manuals. We're talking easy dbug LEDs that tell you exactly what's going on. Tooliss installs for your M two drives and jipoos or GPUs we're calling them Jippoo's two now.
Speaker 3: Okay, hell yeah, Oh okay yeah. MSI has that modern bios as well that looks like it was actually made for humans to use, not some relic from two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: Give me more of that.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right. It's going to be so easy to get secure boots on the ground. It's like PC building on easymode grub. And here's the best part. Giant BombCast listeners, MSI is giving you ten percent off these new regularly priced Z eight ninety and B eight sixty boards. Just head over to Usdashstore dot MSI dot com and use promo code BombCast at checkout boom instant savings.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm gonna stack that discount. They allow you to do that with MSIs got ongoing promotions. That's potentially going to score me up to one hundred and twenty dollars in Steam codes. It's basically free games just for upgrading. Everyone listening should do the same. So if you're ready to upgrade your setup, do not wait. Visit US dash store dot MSI dot com and use the code BombCast bom c a st all in lowercase and give your PC the upgrade it deserves. MSI making PC building less of a headache and a lot more fun.
Speaker 1: Mombo, this is Jeff Cromworth our nos he's gonna share some newss.
Speaker 2: Jeff gra.
Speaker 3: That's right, I have some news for y'all. Let's let's just start here with the as is tradition. Nintendo Direct could happen very soon. We've heard these rumors a bunch. Now there are more rumors to ad. On top of that, a new Nintendo Direct is rumored to be held in September, possibly on the eleventh or the twelfth, aligning with the fortieth anniversary of Super Mario Brothers. Leeker Nate. The Hate also has added this, suggesting a red dead Redemption two port verset switch to might also be announced.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 3: Nintendo has a history of September directs. They just didn't one last year, but that was because Switch two was coming. I think they were in a weird spot. So do expect them to get back onto this regular schedule.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I buy this.
Speaker 3: I think a direct's going to happen this month. I guess the the one thing that some people who have been rumoring making rumors about this have been saying, is this is the big one you've been waiting for. Who knows what that means? I guess the question would be what would that mean to you guys?
Speaker 2: Like what would Metro?
Speaker 3: You want to see them?
Speaker 5: That's the big one. I mean, there's no way we get a direct. I mean I guess there's a way, cause, but boy, if we got a big direct and we don't get a Metroid Prime four release date, that would be weird.
Speaker 2: Alarm bells.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but I really, you know, I want that, and I really want to hear about Metroy Prime two and three remastered. I want to be able to play those games before or comes out in one way or the other on my switch.
Speaker 3: To Yeah, I mean for me that that would be the ideal. Is Metroid Prime four release date it is for later this month or or sometime in October whatever, and then today Metroid Prime two and three are available to purchase at a decent price, go play them now like that that would be awesome. I don't know if that's going to happen, but yeah, I think it could.
Speaker 4: Is there anything still with the Zelda REMAKEX? Does that look possible at all?
Speaker 3: I mean, I like, like always, I heard that they were done, but they were and they were up on the shelf, and Nintendo was going to pull them off like in a year when they didn't have any Zelda project. But they've had a Zelda project every year, and now they have Nso GameCube, so they could and they've already put Windwaker on there. They could just put the Twilight Prince's version of the GameCube version on there as well and say, there you go, that's where we put them. That would be dumb because the HD versions like have a bunch of differences and they could make a lot more money from selling them again. So I expect them to do that at some point, but there's no reason to assume.
Speaker 2: It would happen. Now. It could, but there's no reason to assume.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, they also, you know, got to announce some stuff, and I imagine prolatively senior is when they can announce the big twenty twenty six game, whatever that is. They could announce the new Animal Crossing, right, you know, the game that's going to come out at some point next year be a big deal, and it's why you're going to feel so good about getting a switch to this holiday because you're gonna also look forward to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you think there's any reason to think?
Speaker 3: And I'm with you, Mike, but is there any reason to think with Tomodacci Life and what is the other Rhythm Heaven Switch one games that they're like, that's maybe filling out that slot for now and we'll get the Animal Crossing later, Like, do you think they're thinking that way.
Speaker 5: No, I think Animal Crossing is a pillar upon itself. Right, Okay, you know, maybe it's not Animal cross But whatever their flagship game is for next year, we could hear about that.
Speaker 3: I continue to think the timing's right for Animal Crossing next year, but I would I would put my money on Animal Usually Smash Brothers is the big year two gets consoles, but almost yeah, someone doesn't feel right. I mean a Smash Brothers Ultimate Deluxe I think does have something yeah, something like that.
Speaker 5: Ye, it's like bringing dripping. But I mean, you know, you could just be like, yeah, here's five more characters. That'll almost be enough for me. Maybe do some other interesting single player mode. I don't expect them to bring back some Space Emissary with all the you know, wild CG cut scenes and some stuff like that. You know, basically like distill what would have been a fighter's pass into just a single upgrade and you know, with some of the visual changes that can happen with that, that would be almost all I would really need from this. And keep selling DALC characters too, I'd be fine.
Speaker 3: I just want yes, what you said, and then the camera faces to be added to the game, so to be in there when you knock me.
Speaker 5: Off the course, well instead of like the mees are put on top of the knees, just replace the face with the whole gang. Yeah, that would do pretty good.
Speaker 3: You know, we've talked about this part of it a bunch now, but you know it is lining up with the fortieth anniversary of Mario because they're because if it does do that, if that's the way it goes down, I do expect them to have something.
Speaker 2: You just don't know what that would be. Well, there they have that like stop motion thing right there.
Speaker 3: They have like the young Mario stuff like, yeah, they're doing a bunch of.
Speaker 2: It. Was waiting for you to do that.
Speaker 6: What's the thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 3: There's like there's like a like a an initiative by Nintendo to appeal to younger like very young like toddlers with Mario stuff, and as part of that they have like this interactive or what looks like an interactive Mario's face, right, is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 2: Kind of like you know, and how do you engage with it? And I could mobile? Yeah, just an app weird.
Speaker 5: I think we're doing extra shorts too with stuff like, yeah, I think video shorts. Uh yeah, there's a whole thing, but video game wise, I mean, there were the rumors about the in the title New Super Mario Brothers games. Uh, we could I could see that compilation happening.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, they were saying that that was like a fake, but I could still see it happening even if it was a fake, Like, yeah, it still kind of makes sense.
Speaker 5: Those the reason why we all believe it, you know, like the new three D Mario game just feels like that's a bit off.
Speaker 2: Well, since we got Kong unlikely.
Speaker 5: As much as I would love to have a Mario Galaxy two port, I don't know if they're gonna do it. I mean, they didn't do the switch to version of Mario, so we just got a free update. The free update was pretty good, though I'm not really sure what I would want from a big update. I almost don't really want an expansion for Odyssey. I just want you to get working on the sequel to Odyssey. Yeah, gosh, it's kind of weird to imagine. You know, they could do like another Mario thirty five kind of gimmick here, Mario forty whatever, something like that.
Speaker 2: Then the last time we talk about this, we were sort of fantasizing, or at least we were going through what was sort of do up in the remastered kind of hopper right in the queue. And I don't know if we like landed on anything, but I guess.
Speaker 3: A new Super Mario Brothers collection feels like the most obvious one.
Speaker 6: I mean, they are so what would that happen? So that that's one and one two one to and we and then.
Speaker 2: They did it?
Speaker 6: You you you so.
Speaker 5: We already have you and Luigi on this. They probably wouldn't include Yeah, they just be remassed a other three Well, we never got three D land right, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I would like to have that.
Speaker 2: I would take that. Yeah, yeah, yeah. It looks weird in HD.
Speaker 3: So they would probably have to do some extra work to it because I've seen, like, you know, people mod the three DS version. It's like, oh, this looks barren when it's not on a three DS.
Speaker 2: I could also see couldn't you see them doing something where it's like every Mario game ever, forty is a big one super stars. Yeah, like you can't, you can't. They're not going to sleep on forty, even though you know he's due for a prostate exam. Now he's like he's getting up there right, Like they got a dope, they have to do it. It seems like they would do something quite large for forty.
Speaker 5: I think I don't think Mario Maker three is off the table, especially with all this mouse stuff that we have on this.
Speaker 2: I want to get my hopes.
Speaker 6: That would be the dream for me.
Speaker 5: Somebody doesn't really care too much about ma.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, yeah for me. I will make that a nightmare for all of you. That is time now dream for me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I love that.
Speaker 5: I'm not so like I'm like afraid of getting my oathes up to me as an outsider, it just seems like a logical thing to do that can't be like a hard thing to like spin up or again, right, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, I feel like they I think the reason I'm skeptical is I think they had a huge plan for Maker stuff, and then Maker two sold like five million copies, significantly less than a regular two D Mario does, and so they're like, well, if this is the ceiling for Mario Maker, like, what are we going to do here when we like try to do this with anything else? So I think to me, I think they gave up on working with those kinds of tools, that the tools that people can use, and they're just kind of sitting back there on Mario Maker two, untouched by them. You know, I could be completely wrong, but that's me being pessimistic.
Speaker 1: Dan, You're probably more familiar than I am. Did they make it a little harder to share levels in two?
Speaker 4: There was something was just the thing that made a lot of people not get super into two is just like the stylus level. It was huge as far as like you know, I would I spend dozens of hours making levels on the first one, and then the second one came out and it's like I had some new fun things you could do and everything, but like you know, yeah, I bought all these different stylusts and stuff that oh capacitative, like this should work, and it never felt quite the same. So, like, I think that was the problem with two, And I think you can get around it with the mouse controls.
Speaker 6: If they do that.
Speaker 4: So I would be all the way back in on Mario Maker if they had mouse controls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I we'll see. I mean, even if they updated Mario Maker two with mouse controls and like one.
Speaker 2: New tile set. That would be I would go Benana, I.
Speaker 3: Mean be Mario wonder right, Yeah, probably would like Mario two as well, but yeah, it would be Mario wonder Well.
Speaker 4: They put Mario two in there as like a Mario like you could get a certain mushroom and pickure, but it wasn't like a cross like across the board like enemies and stuff like you know with the post and the doors and all that.
Speaker 6: Like I'd love full Mario two.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, we'll see im bechala. I don't know if the whole it's forty, if they're gonna go big is real when you say it's like, yeah, that does sound right Nintendo? Why would they let an opportunity to go by? But sometimes they're just not ready for it, and so like they'll manufacture it if they have something to go, like Year of Luigi happens, because they have some of Luigi stuff happening, So let's.
Speaker 2: Just do that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, is it too early to maybe have like a Mario two movie teaser?
Speaker 3: No, that is actually does feel like that could happen here, and I hope there's another moment.
Speaker 5: I just cannot wait to see the voice actor for Yo, she's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, it's gonna Chris Pratt's mom.
Speaker 6: You can talking sentences?
Speaker 5: You think, I'll tell you what. I wouldn't be surprised it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: No God, I feel like I feel like it's an illumination doing the Mari movies, right, Yeah, the minions don't actually talk talk. They just like do gibberish.
Speaker 2: It's Jewish.
Speaker 1: They could just do that for they.
Speaker 5: Could have pulled the toads if they really wanted to, though, do that with them though, like that. There's a chance he just says the Yoshi stuff for sure. But I wouldn't be shocked if you know, if Aquafina is the voice of Yoshi.
Speaker 2: I have no problem with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like, why does Mike know that reference?
Speaker 5: Because he doesn't like because it was in like four animated movies in one year. Sorry, Wow, they think I think that her voice is kind of annoying.
Speaker 2: Oh really, that's so weird? Do you would you like to expand on that.
Speaker 5: I just think it's a little pitchy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was this because you didn't like her as Rayah the Dragon.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, dragons don't sound like that.
Speaker 2: So cool? And an impression with a dragon. What should they sound like?
Speaker 5: I'm the dragon Tolkodo far By dragon fire.
Speaker 2: Why does this dragon sound like a cup? All right, let's let's move this news along.
Speaker 3: Service shooter Fair Games loses its game director, Haven is still hiring for new roles though. That's the developer, that's the studio. So they lost Jade Raymond. They've now also lost this game director whose name I didn't write down for whatever reason, but uh, he went to w B Montreal or whatever. They're working on the live service DC Superhero game because they're making another one of those whatever that's WB.
Speaker 2: What are we doing, folks, I don't know. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Uh, the company that made Suicide Squad is gonna do it again. But that's a different story over there. Fair Games last time I checked a couple of weeks ago, not canceled, and it's definitely one of those situations. When I asked the people about it, they're like, yeah, shit, I don't know. I can't believe it not canceled either, so ugh, yeah, but they're still hiring for it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely of the opinion that they're just kind of biding their time.
Speaker 2: And will still cancel this.
Speaker 1: They're biting their time, they're buying.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden their time.
Speaker 5: I mean it's wold because, like you know, usually it's like, well the game is so close to fishing, maybe they just release it. But with live service games, that happens all the time, because just maintaining these things is so expensive, right, So part of me like, look, you know, I don't want anybody lose their job or anything like that, but if this game's not going to come out, like every day, you don't do this is expensive, right, yeah, don't. I just don't know what these internal dialogues are about. Fair games where it's like, well we you know, who knows, well, we didn't think health divers, who is going to be this master success. Sometimes it just happens. We gotta we gotta at least spin the wheel here and see where it lands. A lot of people are like, the wheel is broken, the wheel is not going to roll, there's no point spinning this particular wheel. I don't know fair, It's just it's all it's just already a punch line. I just can't imagine how it does.
Speaker 1: On top of that, I can't I know that the job search is very dire out there, especially in game development.
Speaker 2: But like, yeah, if you see this.
Speaker 1: On the walls for fair games, I can't imagine you'd be enticed to apply at all.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, oh yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, if you see like Jade Raymonds left, this director's left, and now you're gonna go there and with the stench of death surrounding this project, Yeah, that's that's got to be rough.
Speaker 2: I mean when it says.
Speaker 3: Like having is still hiring for new roles, like that's the kind of thing where it's like can you even trust that? Like there's like an app operatu and or an apparatus at these companies that just like hires people. Are they informed about the state or the future of that game?
Speaker 2: Likely not. There's also like that like.
Speaker 3: Rumor or not rumor, but like the reporting about ghost job listings, where it's like companies put out a bunch of job listings they never intend to fill because it makes them look better to investors. Investors, like you're hiring a cool and not gross all doesn't that suck?
Speaker 2: That sucks?
Speaker 3: So I guess it's.
Speaker 2: Not a law.
Speaker 5: You don't have to hire someone just because you have a job listing maybe there should be maybe that law.
Speaker 3: It sucks out there, So I wouldn't take that as like a sign of anything. In fact, I would like completely ignore it. In fact, I might going forward when we're doing these kind of this kind of reporting.
Speaker 6: Uh, did you lose the dollar sign?
Speaker 2: I don't think they lost the dollar sign. I've just I'm not in the mood for it.
Speaker 5: I'm not acknowledging lose the dollar signs. When they released the game, yeah, they're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh wow, Wow, that's what you get.
Speaker 3: Capcom says Nintendo switch to sales were better than expected. Capcom expected, I don't know, you don't make the switch to what? Yeah, who's asking you?
Speaker 2: It does go in comparison to the other story here that will follow up with.
Speaker 3: This about here in a second. But yeah, Haru hero Suji Moto, Capcom CEO, commented that Monster Hunter Wild sales which were you during the game's launch period and trailed off somewhat. He's kind of talking about that, he said. When asked about the barrier of entry, he unpromptedly spoke about the Nintendo switch to and said that sales of the Council were better than the company had anticipated. Perhaps Capcom is having regrets about not getting the latest Monster Hunter up and running on that, and he doesn't hold back. He immediately said Capcom's president's the second headlight. Capcom's president says high price of PS five has contributed to low sales of Monster Hunter Wilds.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: That makes me go, hmm, yes, because look, a lot of people already have the PlayStation five. Yeah, and that game, you know, just seems like it should just sell regardless it's on PC, it's on a bunch of places, like the last one did really good on Steam.
Speaker 2: I think it might be Monster Hunter's fault.
Speaker 5: That monster so well, I mean, yeah, I will say it's like Bloyd is there priming people up for Hey, switch, who's going to be the lead platform for this franchise going forward. I think that's trying to make Monster Hunter wild. It's a super heavy, graphically impressive thing that runs like shit on pretty much everybody's PC was a big mistake. Yeah, not having some switch to version of some kind. I wonder how many people are gonna start doing this because it is gonna you know, using that as an excuse for muster under Wilds is pretty dumb. The high price of the PlayStation five. But there's a lot of people who are like, well, switch To is selling it really well, why are we making high end PS five prow or pieces and then trying to reverse engineer in a switch To. Why don't we just make games look good at switch To and then they look a little bit better than these other consoles.
Speaker 3: Great, that makes a lot of sense to me, especially with the rumors of that PS Like I didn't include this in the news.
Speaker 2: I guess we could talk about it here. Uh.
Speaker 3: The PS six is gonna have three skews, one of them being a handheld that can be docked. Uh, the second one being a PlayStation six S because at a certain point, how much more power do you need and you need to be able to reach the audiences. So they're gonna do the Xbox Series S thing and offer up an alternative solution. This is all reporting, who knows what actually ends up happening, But yeah, if you are going to have these lower powered skews out there, you probably should just start making stuff for those first, and the switch To being the lead platform. It makes sense to me. I bet there's a lot of developers who are like, no, there's a reason we don't do that.
Speaker 1: No one is going to have the money to get any skew of a PS six in a couple.
Speaker 3: I means, yeah, I'm the PS six S, the more affordable one probably still going to be like five hundred dollars, right, five hundred dollars for the S, six hundred dollars for.
Speaker 2: This and.
Speaker 5: Work for Xbox I mean recently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think that was more an Xbox problem than an Xbox Series S problem.
Speaker 2: I think I think it will work.
Speaker 3: For the PlayStation because it's if people were like I just want to play Fortnite and I want to be on PlayStation with my friends where they're at, I think a PlayStation six S will be just fine for them.
Speaker 5: But I don't know, speaking of like ports and stuff, kind of forgot to talk about this, but Red Dairy deeption two on the switch to what the heck is that gonna look like we've been seeing who knows it's a twenty team?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: What was hit Man? Right? Okay, look, yeah, it's just like these things are just all over the place. I don't know, we'll see got me diagonally.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So the real quick bounce off of like the Capcom and monster on anything on the switch. I've been seeing a lot of people stream Monster Hunter Rise because I think, yeah, for some people.
Speaker 2: That is a huge it's getting the shine right now. Yeah.
Speaker 1: For some people that's closer I guess to what they want out of a Monster Hunter game.
Speaker 3: It sold really well, yeah, like it didn't like outselled Wilds, which is how I read it first sold well.
Speaker 5: I think it's aesthetics, but it makes it much easier to get kind of in and out of hunts. Like the whole open world design is actually somehow a barrier. It actually makes it more of a bother to get fighting monsters, even though it pitches the opposite. I don't know. It was a big disappointment for me this year, I'll be honest. Wilds, Wilds, God, I can't keep these things right now.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can never remember the Worlds Rise, Wilds, Worlds and Wilds even sound like.
Speaker 5: The same word the rock.
Speaker 2: They would sound exactly the same. Monstahunta Wilds.
Speaker 3: No Man's Sky sees its highest Steam player counts since launched Fall Lane latest update. I'll add also Hollow Night had had its most players on Steam ever in this past week, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: People are very excited for Silk Song.
Speaker 3: But yeah, No Man's Sky it did the its most recent free update, of which there have been dozens. I don't know how many. There's maybe actually around a dozen at this point. I don't know I have the exact number, but it had two hundred and twelve thousand concurrent players at its peak in this past week.
Speaker 2: That is a crazy number.
Speaker 3: It's a huge number. But you know what happens here is people bought No Man's Sky in a sale years ago, never actually played it, and then these updates give them a reason to jump in now and then. So there's like that's happened a bunch of times, so there's always people like, you know what, I will check it out. It's got these ships. Now you can build and bring your friends in there, and everyone can have a job on one ship. That sounds awesome. That's the way I always wanted this game to work, and now it does. So I think they continue to prove that this is a model that has.
Speaker 2: Worked for them.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's replicable by anyone else, but having huge sales of a disappointing game and then updating for free for years has worked.
Speaker 2: For No Man's Sky at the very least.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think I've check this game out since Vanilla. I really need to go give it another go here.
Speaker 2: We should try it.
Speaker 3: I think that this is one that I would like to try a try out multiplayer and have us all on a ship together.
Speaker 2: It supports that. Now that sounds pretty cool to me. Hollow Night Silk Song.
Speaker 3: We started talking about this, but the release timing and the price have been revealed. We'll get to the price first. Twenty dollars. I think the first one was fifteen, so essentially with inflation, they didn't raise the price at all. It's right in line with what they did originally a lot of people surprised by this because a game that could get away with thirty dollars, forty dollars even like The Witness, but twenty dollars and I bet a lot of people are gonna buy this game. I bet it's not gonna hurt for only being twenty dollars.
Speaker 6: It feels like NFL two K five Yeah a little bit.
Speaker 4: Hey, we know this is a really good game, but we're gonna do this really aggressive bold pricing thing. Like that's pretty cool, Like they totally could have, with all the hype and time said fifty sixty whatever and people would have bought it.
Speaker 6: But this is that's cool.
Speaker 5: That game is gonna really uh blow up.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, take over?
Speaker 6: You get married to try it. I really think Mary would like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 3: She clays us over when you start talking about it.
Speaker 5: I refuse to be a part of this.
Speaker 1: It's so wild that other indie games have gone out of its way. Yeah, that's kind of cool.
Speaker 5: It really is the GTA six of INDI's I get it.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised by how it's really broken through a sort of normy uh continuocyep right where like I'll play, you know, I'll in my wildest dreams in the hockey locker room, I would never be asked about silks and wow, here we are.
Speaker 5: Yes, it really really did break through. That first game was a massive hit, and you're right, I'm part of me. Almos doesn't understand why I like it a ton, But you know, I couldn't tell you why that really popped off in a way that or did it?
Speaker 2: Even?
Speaker 3: Is it the best selling two D Metroid Venuo game every so more than any Metroid.
Speaker 6: Yes, sold more than any metroid gets sold.
Speaker 3: Five five Yes, it sold five times more than any metroids ever sold.
Speaker 2: It's just got this magic sauce where it's just able to like permeate through for some reason. I don't know if it's it's some kind of accessibility thing. I don't know, Like it really just has the magic sauce.
Speaker 6: I mean people are installtic for.
Speaker 5: Flash games, you know, and now shut the hell up.
Speaker 2: Well, definitely not it.
Speaker 1: I mean with like how popular Souls games have gone, like that's translated like difficulty and like two more palatable for some people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think, yeah, I think it's just there's a lot there, right. I think it's a game that you can really really sink your teeth into. And that's even more so than the few Souls mechanics that are in the game, you know, the way you get the currency, you have to like do run backs to your corpse and whatnot. But just the fact that this is this big game that has lore if you really want to care about, that has this giant interesting world that you can explore, that has all these kind of secrets and hidden areas. A little bit like undertone sense, like if if you want to be this can be your game.
Speaker 6: I did not.
Speaker 4: I'm seeing Chapman mentioned like sales numbers and stuff. I didn't realize Metroid never sold well, it sold.
Speaker 5: It, you know, it's you know what's the barrier. But it's never been something that's going to sell ten million copies.
Speaker 3: It's it's never it's I think it's only ever sold over three million once or twice, and Dread just got just over it. And the original Metroid did better than all the rest.
Speaker 5: I think Metro Prime like one on the game you did fine.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, it feels like it's gonna be one of the biggest gaps in terms of just like importance and legacy and stuff and actual sales, and it's held up there with like Mario and Zelda.
Speaker 3: You know, like of the three million people who play these games are game developers and are making games.
Speaker 2: Now, I was gonna say that they're over thirty five, right like that, that's what it's got to be. It's not broken through anyone under thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a game developer ass game like game developers love Metro being its because of that trade. Yeah, the it's not popular in Japan that's a big part of it. So Nintendo doesn't push it in Japan, and really it kind of becomes kind of all you got.
Speaker 2: Going for you, Dan with the Fantasy cretic thing, like that's the only thing you got going to Like, maybe they just cancel it because they don't care. I have soap.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, that's gonna do well for you.
Speaker 1: I yeah, yeah, we should worry about Fantasy because like we can't.
Speaker 2: We don't have a full league anymore.
Speaker 6: You know, well all of us are in it.
Speaker 3: Look, I think we should worry about it because there's still a chance I could win.
Speaker 4: I won last year, so I should buy myself a crown.
Speaker 1: From Yeah, we did look at this, Remember we did look at the he looked at that.
Speaker 2: We almost got like Princess Diana's tiara. Oh yeah, I did say we were gonna do we went that far. Yeah, and then I made a Diane joke. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyhow, let's see here the Okay, September fourth, Why.
Speaker 5: Isn't Japan like Metro Mark.
Speaker 2: Come on, that's a fair question. I think that's a fair question.
Speaker 3: Mike finally taken it out on the Japanese about you really feel horse ears?
Speaker 5: Is that what it is.
Speaker 2: But has anyone I mean, how do you how do you unpack this? I don't know? But what what is the reason? What do you do? Does anyone have.
Speaker 1: Sean points out that Metroid is very Western sci fi?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 5: Did they not like Alien over there?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe they don't like Alien? Yeah, I guess like Japanese sci fi more like gundam Are sci fi?
Speaker 2: But what if lady gun? Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like, I guess I don't see the glaring. Maybe should be obvious detail about METROI that makes it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's I don't know, super obvious. I think it's just like one of those things that fell through the cracks culturally, and and so it's kind of been riding on it's cultural cachet in the West a little bit.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know what we like, finally caught on. It's a monster hunter, Like we're better drank us now, Japan you should get on board of Metroid.
Speaker 3: You know what they get onto instead, Mike, American high quality television, prestige drama.
Speaker 2: That's bad.
Speaker 5: That's gonna ruin you like it ruined us. You're all gonna get depression.
Speaker 2: What can you make a four hour YouTube video on why prestige. He's stretching out your theory there.
Speaker 5: That you go absolutely yeah, you know what you say.
Speaker 2: It causes autism too, and that'll really got a cabinet position with that ship.
Speaker 3: So the game's out Thursday for most of the world. It'll be out Friday for Australia or whatever, but seven am Pacific time and ten am Eastern for the United States is when the launch and then like eleven am Brazil, three pm in the UK, four pm in Western Europe, and eleven pm Japan time and on on.
Speaker 5: The website giant bomb dot com. I plan to be playing a lot of soak song gets launch day. Yeah, say what you're gonna call it? Say what you're gonna call it? Yeah, it's the holl of night. Soak Along. Everybody you can soak along with me? Uh, we are going on. Yeah, We're gonna start that maybe five pm Eastern at the latest, and then I'm gonna try to play for like four hours basically do a really big chunk there. Soil song Along, Sound Better Soak No so Soak.
Speaker 3: Song, Insider Soak song Along, I blew it.
Speaker 5: So that's way better. There you go, soak song along.
Speaker 3: Insider Game and says Rayman is progressing incredibly well. Plus, ray Man four is in the planning stages. We learned a few months back that Ubisoft is excuse me, currently developing a triple A RAYMN video game. Fast forward to today, and we've learned that the project is currently progressing incredibly well. According to those familiar with the game's development, Ubisoft has the new Rayman project scheduled for a late twenty twenty six release. Insider Gaming also claims that Ubisoft has already made preliminary plans to develop ray Man four, though it's not clear how far along those plans are.
Speaker 1: I don't believe them.
Speaker 5: Is what are separate things? And there's a triple A Rayment game and then a ray Man four, right, So does that mean this would be like Rayman four would be like a two D game because RAYMN three is three D ram has if you number it like that, Rayman two s three D, right, right, two and three or three D. When they went back to two D, it was just you know, Rayman the Legends and Rayman Anniverse whatever those are called. Right, So yeah, I mean Rayman four to me implies three D, but you say Triple A Rayman game that also size. People don't usually refer to two D games as Triple A origins in the legends. That's a thank you. So yeah, that's confusing. Let's the Triple A game is a remake of two or something like that. Maybe I don't know, I could go for some rainmn ray Man two is actually a really good three D platform er. Yes, yeah, I'd love to see something, I mean in a ton of trouble.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's all right, of course, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is all coming out of Ubisoft Montpelier and Milan. Uh, yeah, they're I guess they're so they're gonna just keep making other games. There's also like they over Insider Game and they did a whole rundown of everything that Ubisoft is making.
Speaker 2: You won't be surprised that it's the stuff.
Speaker 3: They have been making. More Ghosts Recon most, more Assassin's Creed. I guess that splinter Cell remake is still happening before the end of twenty twenty seven or fiscal twenty twenty seven, as well as that Prince of Persia remake. How do you guys feel about the Ubisoft stuff that's not that core like core Trio that they are, that they pushed over to that ten cent version of ub.
Speaker 5: So they bring up Beyond Good and Evil too.
Speaker 3: They did Beyond Good and Evil two is also on this list.
Speaker 2: Oh my wow.
Speaker 5: I don't believe they still either believe or want us to believe that's a real video game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean to just like read off the rest of this list of people know what we're working here with. There's Project Over that's a Ghost recon mainline title, Project Hex, the Assassin's Creed title that's set in the Holy Roman Empire.
Speaker 2: I talked about that before.
Speaker 3: Project North that's the splinter Cell remake, Project Blackbird, the new mainline Far Cry Project Maverick far Cry extraction shooter that you guys have all been clamoring for.
Speaker 2: Project there's a far Cry extraction shooters.
Speaker 3: That's separate from the fucking Division extraction shooter whatever. Co Project Alterra, which is Ubisoft's animal crossing style game boy, Okay, great, Project Crest, a World War two extraction shooter.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do a shot if you say the word extraction shooter again, I swear.
Speaker 3: Damn it, all right, And then Beyond Good and Evil too. Project Obsidian is the Assassin's Creed Black Flag remake, and then Project invictis Assassin's Creen multiplayer.
Speaker 6: Should we try to do like a UPF for a stream where we just play an extra action shooter together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, Yes.
Speaker 4: It seems like it's a thing or something.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I think, what's the what's the big one? Tarkoff is going to be.
Speaker 2: On Steam soon? I heard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've had two experiences. Like one was when it was just a moded division. I was like whatever. Then I played that Marathon Alpha and I couldn't believe how boring it was.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe how much of a nothing burger that experience felt like to me. Maybe that was a marathon problem.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, should, I mean Christian loves those games. He can be our sharpa.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: We either we wait for our Raiders or we do Tarkoff when it hits Steam.
Speaker 2: I think one of those it would be our move.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see here. We did Hollow Night. We did this. Sony is gunning for the switch to with the handle.
Speaker 3: I did put this in here. We talked about this a little bit then let's hit this last one. Capcom settles it. No, Pragmatic, isn't a secret Mega Man game. Mike County, what do you have to say?
Speaker 5: You gotta believe that? Come on, we know how we know how deceptive Capcom has been recently. I know it wasn't technically a lie during Summer game Fest when they're like, we'll have more to say about Resident or Evil in the future than like twenty minutes later we saw the trailer. But of course they're not going to admit it. It's supposed to be a surprise. It's like, well, you got us, I guess we have to come out and tell you it's a secret megument game now. At the same time, here everyone realizes that I'm having a little bit of fun.
Speaker 3: Worried about I thought you were always having a little bit of fun, And then the last thirty second series to the.
Speaker 2: Point where I kind of wish this was your conspiracy theory thing, like you kind of rode into the ground. So if you could keep doing that, that'd be great.
Speaker 5: I think there's a ten percent chance that it's probably about as a sacred bag. It was pretty high you put a gun to my head. I don't I don't know if I actually think that's gonna happen. And the more exciting thing is that everybody seems very excited about this game.
Speaker 1: When I'm pumped, I'm so pumped.
Speaker 2: Yep. Really, I just think it's.
Speaker 3: Such a good idea for for kind of keeping gun combat interesting in a game. All Right, Mortal Kombat two movie was delayed. They didn't really say wine. I don't know if we've heard any reporting, but it's moved from let's see. I think it's supposed to be out next month and now it's coming out in May.
Speaker 2: Silk songs probably there were posters in my movie.
Speaker 3: There was that Johnny Cage trailer that was really well received.
Speaker 2: People really like that. I thought it looked good and I hated that. I think I think this movie is probably done. I don't think I think it's.
Speaker 3: Do you think that they saw the positive feedback or like we could do even more, or do you think like there's a problem.
Speaker 5: You don't think it was. Test screens went really poorly, even though.
Speaker 3: It's a not When was it supposed to come out October November, So.
Speaker 2: It's like a six seven six months six seven month delay. I don't know you can't really. I guess you could do a decent amount of a movie, man, but I don't know. It just seems more logistical than technical.
Speaker 5: It might be, Yeah, it's just it's a boy that's a big pivot to do this late again when all the promotional like toys are going to be coming out for this thing, right, you can't put the brakes on a lot of that.
Speaker 1: This is a Warner Brothers joint.
Speaker 5: Warner Brothers joint?
Speaker 1: Is this Warner Brothers just being funky again with like they could.
Speaker 3: Be honestly, could be like, it could be tax reasons, it could be Hollywood Accounting.
Speaker 6: As a weird company.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just bad at what they do, Okay, Yeah, Michael r olerisis they were quote trying to avoid a busy calendar, but they had zero competition for two weeks when the movie was supposed to come out, So obviously that's just weird.
Speaker 5: It just seems weird. And they realized they forgot to put reptile in it, that's probably it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the pit wasn't deep enough. Yeah, Yeah, disappointing pit. Everything else was good. We've heard rumors.
Speaker 5: About this Herbaic We've got to investigate.
Speaker 3: Last story here David Kelly, pioneer of large formats cinema. I'm yes, that's a kie right, Kelly Kelly, Okay, Yes it's David kieh Lee Son.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jeff Keeley's dad died at seventy seven. Uh and he was, yeah, very instrumental into creating Imax and like they were, him and his wife actually both really important to the Imax company. So yeah, that is a shame. Shout us to David Keeley. Almost just said Kelly, even though I didn't try to say that the first time.
Speaker 2: Uh, and rest in peace.
Speaker 1: Absolutely condolences to the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 5: In the first Mortal kind of Bat movie, I have like for like five seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back over to you, jan folks.
Speaker 1: We're going to take another quick and break and we will be back with emails, YouTube, super chats, and uh maybe a couple more bands.
Speaker 2: We'll see you right after this emails.
Speaker 1: During the break, I aged twenty years listening to my lovely co owners talking about old men I think, and.
Speaker 3: The old man who was the old guy that went on Fox News and said that he kept himself young by masturbating.
Speaker 5: Well that's all of him, but they won't say it. Out loud.
Speaker 2: That was me.
Speaker 5: I'm actually seventy eight years old.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's weird. It was. It was like they're like, what's the key to staying now?
Speaker 3: It was like whispers writ into the microphone. I masturbate a lot, Ernest borgnine.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's the most old guy name ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah there, but yeah, Orgines got him.
Speaker 1: I remember I was listening to like Daytime Radio once and like the which is like your classic, like, hey, we're talking here, how do you stay up in a long drive? And then like someone calls in and it's like.
Speaker 2: First time, long time? You know. Sometimes I'm a truck driver by trade. Sometimes I'm just jerking it in a.
Speaker 1: Moving vehicle, in a moving vehicle, and then like the host driver yeah, and the hosts were like, oh ship did you just say jerking it?
Speaker 2: Oh? It was great anyway.
Speaker 1: Emails don't don't please type your emails with both hands. Please bombcastagiant bomb dot com is email. Just send your emails to right in about any and everything we say something funny on a.
Speaker 2: Show or the podcast, right in about it?
Speaker 5: You got a fun quiz right in about it?
Speaker 2: You got I don't know, you got a question.
Speaker 1: Maybe you got a compliment right in about it. First email comes from Brad and see you Falls, see you Falls, see you Falls. I don't care. I don't just not that. I don't care about you, Dan, I just want.
Speaker 2: Care about the people.
Speaker 1: Yes, hey, Jan, you mentioned ear candles on something recently. I'm sure you've gone to bazillion emails about this, but don't do it. In theory, it's supposed to pull ear wax out of your ears into the candle, but in practice it's a funnel covered in bees wax that melts down and just looks like the grossest ear wax ever. Also, if you're unlucky, some of that melts, the bees wax will drip directly into your ear drum, which probably sucks pretty bad. If you have any erex issues, please see a real doctor, not a chiropractor or some other homeopath. I can say that because my sister is a chiropractor. Dors and beer yours and earwax bad from CEU.
Speaker 2: Falls super Balls.
Speaker 5: That's sueet Sue sweet.
Speaker 3: They're saying it's like it's completely gimmicked, that it melts down and the gross stuff is in there to make it feel like you got stuff out, but it was like a work the whole time.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of of snake.
Speaker 6: Oil that I love, straight up snake oil.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, Like there was these like footpads that like got the toxins out of you. Yeah, if you just get them, you just get them wet, they look dirty and that the toxins are already in there.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, people say the word toxins, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: I had to get my dad to help with my ear wax recently, like because I did the stupid thing. I fell a little heavy there and I got the cotton swabing not supposed to put in there actually, just like I couldn't hear out of the ear anymore. I had jammed it in there. So yeah, so I had to go to my dad and he got in there. He got basically like a water gun. Was such a relief when like I finally just felt it like cracking.
Speaker 4: They have a vacuum now too. Lately they've been using the vacuum instead of the water, so it's like a little tiny thing they put in there, and it actually just goes on your like ear drips.
Speaker 6: You just hear it all sucking out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jesus, I want that. You know how people will go to like a chiropractor to get like that cracking feeling. I just want to go to like ant to just get that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, are the hoops okay? Because I got get those like a Walgreens. This just like a little circle you put in you throw it around.
Speaker 1: I think these were fine.
Speaker 5: I did get a little blood last time. No expert, Well maybe I went too hard.
Speaker 2: You go to an unt I had.
Speaker 4: I'd spent a lot of time with the NTS with my surgery last year, and it's just like a lot of those gimmicks and stuff like Cala got me some things you found on TikTok that was like a camera that goes in and you can scoop your own wax out and stuff.
Speaker 6: And I would bring it by my e t and they'd just be like, just just come.
Speaker 1: Here, just go here, just go to the doctor. It turns out, yeah, it turns out Nick from Australia, find daddy, Nick from Australia rights and hey bombers. I just found out that earlier this year, Taco Bell Australia's owners announced they were closing down the chain and will sell any individual restaurants if they can find a buyer. This is the second time Taco Bell has tried to get a foothold in Australia, after opening some stores in the nineties and also having to shut down the chain. The major US restaurants that have succeeded in Australia, like McDonald's Can't See, Hungry Jack's, Burke King's Australian Name, and Domino's have all made big changes to adapt to the market. Taco Bell and the struggling Wendy's and Carls Junior have not adapted, but rather just copy and pasted the US menu and business model over to Australia. I thought it'd be a fun fun, given Dan is a massive Taco Bell mark, if he tried to figure out how to change the Taco Bell menu and business model to suit the Australian market despite having no knowledge of what does and doesn't work here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so gonna say, like, do we have any inphibot like how they change these other restaurants changed.
Speaker 5: Maybe they said that, I will on my own research what the McDonald's Australia menu looks like.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So the question, so, Dan, how would you make Taco Bell a profitable growing chain in Australia if you were made Ceo.
Speaker 4: Case a Rouse's kangaroo casadias.
Speaker 5: Oh he's not just gonna suggest they eat kangaroos at least, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, my god, oh this dingo ate my baby?
Speaker 1: Yeah, or the ding the dingo replaces the taco bell Chihuahua.
Speaker 3: Okay, are we allow you to speak Spanish with an Australian accent?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That's got something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not I'm not saying too much different about this. Uh McDonald's man you' excites for the brecky micrap and a lot of things named brecy and no. I went to their website. I'm doing my own research. Yeah, I do like the name brecky brecky micrap. It's like a rap but with ham and eggs in there some other gross looking stuff. Okay, it's uh crunchy hash brown, perfectly cooked egg, rasher bacon, cheese, and ketchup. They just put ketchup in it. Yeah, what's rasher bacon? Do you think that's what they call Canadian bacon? I think it's like, is it not ham?
Speaker 2: It looks like a right fat back bacon.
Speaker 5: Osher in for sure? Absolutely, Yeah, back bacon worst bacon. But yeah, otherwise, I don't know. They have those cookies that look pretty good. I think we had these cookies when we're in England too. But you could just get oh, they just have sandwiches. You could just get like a ham and cheese tomato sandwich. At Australia McDonald's they call them toasties. You could just get a grilled cheese sandwich. It's called a cheese toasty and a ham and cheese pocket. Okay, this man is getting weird. Further dive, you get Earl Gray tea. That's terrifying, is w There's a lot of shakes, there's a lot of drink options here. They have ranch mcgriddles. They still have the essentials, so it's looking fine.
Speaker 2: It's like schwarma.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I guess I just don't know if, like if McDonald's can make I don't know why Wendy's is struggling, especially if they have a burger king equivalent doing well. This burking is just embarrassing these days.
Speaker 2: These other ones made changes and when Wendy's didn't.
Speaker 5: But he is fine, well, they used to be fine. Wendy's is kind of gone that what's the harb situation like in Australia.
Speaker 1: I don't think doing well. I'm gonna say that.
Speaker 3: Damn sorry sorry you said something bad about Wendy's, are we and we all just like, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I loved Wendy's a lot as a kid. It might be I think it's a me thing. I don't think it's Wendy's fault.
Speaker 2: I love the Wendy's thing.
Speaker 3: I think it's No, Mike, You're right, Wendy's gone is falling off really, but.
Speaker 2: Like what to if we're talking about like the burger, like we're not we're not putting the same categories like a five guys or something like that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, But I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: Like Donald's and Wendy Wendy's.
Speaker 3: Wendy's was definitely like up there with like all those stuff, like people would be like in and out.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, Wendy's is just as good. And now it's like, I don't know.
Speaker 5: You know, like I'm not getting a fast food cheeseburger very often anymore. And if I am, it's like I think I'll I'm going to treat myself. I think I will go to McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Okay, understood.
Speaker 5: We have a we have something called gosh Winston's, which is like a driving thing. So that's a very good fast food style burger. Actually went there last night. It's like it's a holiday. I'm going to Sweatson's. They have the Galley Boy, the special double uh cheeseburger they had there. It's got two sauces that has this kind of like sweet Barbie sauce and has a tangy, kind of little relishy something something there too. Do they actually put like an olive on it? Yeah? I take that off and I throw in the garbage, but they put an all of it.
Speaker 4: They were doing deep fried olives on a stick at the State Fair and that did not I'd.
Speaker 5: Fuck with that, you would?
Speaker 6: That did not sound good to me?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Moving along, Simon from the Netherlands rights and Hey crew, it's pretty cool that I can listen to a podcast or music anywhere I go these days. It wasn't like that growing up. Is that you there were way more limitations? What was your first personal audio device, Walkman discman?
Speaker 5: What was your favorite? Best regards Simon from the Netherlands.
Speaker 3: Walkman for sure, Yeah, I have some knockoff walk Man.
Speaker 5: I had a CD player Walks before that, but I definitely remember my Walkman CD player fondly.
Speaker 4: I had a little baby you get a minute of a song, not even boombox. I didn't play CDs. It just played at two cassettes or maybe one cassette thing, but it didn't advertise this. But it could record stuff and there wasn't like an obvious microphone. It's just you would hit play and record and talk into like the speakers, I guess so like. I mainly used it to play w F Raw on Genesis, and that was my way before they did the ref the music things where I'd like record the MIDI version of Sean Michael's theme by holding my boombox up to the CRT while I played Sexy Boy so that I could hear wrestling entrance music.
Speaker 2: Anytime, I've got a ton of cassettes somewhere, I assume it's in my basement of me playing the DJ with record because I because you said, I bet there might have been a little dot somewhere on the front of that boombox that said M I C. Because that's that's how I remember. Yeah, now that that stood off or an exactly like that's where where you were meant to speak. And I would just like record off the radio.
Speaker 4: Say, I would call in to the radio stations and it would be busy, so you'd call like twenty times to request a song and if they if you got it through, it could take two hours. You're just sitting by the fucking boom box waiting to hit record when they play you know the chronic and it's that that's an insane way to get music.
Speaker 2: I didn't even have a boombox.
Speaker 3: It was like a little tape deck thing, like just like a little skinny thing, but it's kind of long. I mean, it makes it sound like it was small, but it wasn't. But it was like meant for recording or taking notes or something like that. And I would use that to play music and record stuff off the radio and my voice and things like that.
Speaker 5: God, I just sound like a picture of the like walk them in CD players and it activated me in a way was unexpecting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of those sport those those yellow Sony sports dismands, those are really.
Speaker 6: Cool anti skip technology.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shake the ship out of that thing and be like it's not skipping at all. This is amazing.
Speaker 3: Wait, so wait, what was your guys' favorite like personal audio device before cell phones?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Probably that disc man where like I didn't ever heard the actual disc man, but a portable CD player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I liked my iPod, but I do.
Speaker 3: I think my m P three CD player where I could burn MP three so into a disc so I could have hundreds of.
Speaker 2: That was pretty good.
Speaker 3: And that because the files were so small, they could all go in memory so there was no skipping.
Speaker 2: In high school, the head unit in my car was an AMP three player. Yeah, that could read CDs and that was like game changing.
Speaker 5: AJ, are you listening? What was that weird early MP three player you had? I think that's cool.
Speaker 2: I mean diamond Honestly, the first iPod I ever had was the one with like the four red buttons, the capacitive red buttons on it. One was like the first with the click wheel. Yeah they were cool, man, those are fucking cool.
Speaker 1: My favorite portable music player was one of my favorite phones growing up.
Speaker 5: It was the Motorola Rocker E one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh nice.
Speaker 5: I had like iTunes on it, which was like apparently weird for any other phone.
Speaker 1: It was like a cousin of the razor right, yeah, because they emitted like the last vowel as well.
Speaker 2: It's crazy that as recently as like two thousand and eight, I had like a Windows phone.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah where I phone around then, and I turned it into an Android. Actually yes, I like swapped out the OS's my god, the worst experience imaginable. But I love when I meet like a Windows Phone die hard in real life. I'm like, you are a true psychopathy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you're just lying to yourself, buddy. There was no fun to be had using that thing at all, and it had sort of like the sidekick thing where it didn't flip around and corner out like a boomerang, but it just sort of like lifted up. Yeah. Oh, what a miserable, miserable thing that was.
Speaker 5: Are people still buying like dedicated MP three players and just like.
Speaker 3: The Hideojimas of the world. Yeah, he's got like a Sony Walkman MP three player that has special dacks in them and things like that that you know, maybe they could play agavorbis files and shit like that. There's definitely something to be said for when I did have that iPod and I use my costs Porta Pro headphones with him, which were like the first decent headphones I'd ever use. It's like, oh, I actually am hearing stuff in this Pink Floyd album.
Speaker 2: I had never heard of it before.
Speaker 3: It was like, oh yeah, having good quality stuff does make a difference for Rogo.
Speaker 2: Definitely all right.
Speaker 1: Moving down the email thread, Danny from bun Young Bunny Young, Bunyan Young right Sin High Team. Over the years, I've often heard tales of Dan's legendary Sole Caliber skills, and I've always wondered, has Dan ever won an official Soul Caliber tournament? If not, would you be willing to accept the challenge? Thanks heaps, love your work. Danny from Bunan.
Speaker 4: Young, Yes, I would accept that challenge, specifically if it's a Soule Caliber one tournament. That's the one that I really spent the time learning. Like every character on I am good at the other ones, I'm nowhere near like confident with Like.
Speaker 6: With two I did when it came out.
Speaker 4: I was in the dorms and I printed up flyers and I put them on the elevators in every dorm at KU. In fact, if Desky fam is in the chat, Desky fan partook in this tournament and it was like a five or ten dollars entry or was like ten and you could buy back in or something. And so, yeah, I got a ton of people together do one. I brought a big white board into the lobby of my dorm and I won. So I basically put the whole tournament together and took.
Speaker 2: Everyone so you could win.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I did the same thing in the neighborhood with like Mortal Combat on Genesis in like the early nineties. But no, the first one I have not, but I would one hundred percent if we were at some event and there was some soul caliber tournament, I would super enter that.
Speaker 3: Let's just make one you like to do like the eight eight Battle random, but you don't need that, right, So if you entered a tournament and you had a mane, you would be fine.
Speaker 4: You think I would try it, but like I really do think like my skills in that game shine when it's like I can take any eight random characters and I know my stuff I do with everyone, you know, it's definitely the game I think I'm best at.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, Kenny writes in jan I thought you'd like to know Anthony Mackie stole cut the check they provide a YouTube link, please make sure you take it back or invite him onto the dumb truck.
Speaker 2: Kenny.
Speaker 1: I'll just you know what, I'm fine being the Anthony Mackie of Giant Bum.
Speaker 2: I'm cool with that, always have been.
Speaker 1: Yep, thank you very much. All right, all right, Tom from Saint Catharine's Rights in What's Up Bombinos? After talking about it for years and a little inspiration for mister Grubb, who's.
Speaker 5: Looking snatched as hell lately.
Speaker 1: I finally started eating better and exercising. Over the last two months, I've dropped around twenty five pounds. Hey, right in between bouts of dieting. I've built in what I call I've been calling the butchery days where I just do cocaine and see a bunch of exotic dancers. No, they don't write that in so I was like, wait what, So I thought I turned to the food Crime Extraordinaries. If you were to build your perfect day of takeout slash garbage food, what would your breakfast, lunch, and dinner look like? Thanks love you, kissy face emoji call from Saint Catharine's sent from my iPhone.
Speaker 4: I think breakfast would be air fried leftover Taco bell from the night before, a couple of burritos and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Meal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I don't like the actual Like if I go to Taco Bell then it's just like breakfast.
Speaker 6: I mean it's fine, but like I want the breakfaste gone.
Speaker 4: No, they did that, they need a break we had all met misinformed.
Speaker 5: Then he's whining to be their day about how it's gone.
Speaker 4: Taco bella leftover taco bell uh for breakfast lunch, I think getting a big like going to a barbecue place in Kansas City that's not really garbage food, but like you know, just go nuts and some burn ins and fries and then dinner.
Speaker 6: Boy, I'm big on the Jets pizza now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had it recently, Mike. I'm glad I converted Dan to the Church of Turbo Crust eight.
Speaker 6: Corner Turbo Crust.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, those are just the most substantial pieces.
Speaker 6: Ah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Probably doing McDonald's breakfast, getting my sausage mcmuffins. That's my favorite breakfast. Lutch at Arby's beef and cheddars. Maybe some mantro sticks for dinner. I think I just want to like large stuffed gress barbecue chicken pizza from Pop John's. No onions, please, I'm not trying to eat vegetables today.
Speaker 2: Beef fast you go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, I was mostly gonna be similar to these guys and then throw me in a big burrito in they're somewhere.
Speaker 2: It's probably like favorite food.
Speaker 1: Well, there we go. I'm gonna skip beefast entirely. I'm sorry that if that breaks the rules of debauchery day. Go for a stacked mission style burrito. Hell yeah for lunch and maybe that leaks into dinner, and then for dinner, I do wings boys breathe wingies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just been thinking about this for like forty five seconds now. In this case, yeah, in this case, no smoothies are not the bochersus. They're not going in the menu. Uh in the in this you know, fantasy sort of world where like no consequences and I can exist and I can physically handle the amount of calories and and sort of intake that we're dealing with here. I'd start off with like a very large like bacon, egg and cheese on a biscuit, like not McDonald's bullshit, Like a proper homemade country biscuit, you know, like a big boy won the size of like a coaster, you know, maybe a little bit a little bigger than that. Yeah, start things off there. For lunch, I'm gonna keep it a little a little more in the grounding reality with like an oversized lobster roll, just a real big carr. You know. I'm gonna ask for some of that brown sugar like the ones we get in Boston that there's something special about those up there.
Speaker 5: But warm.
Speaker 2: We're doing butter. We're not doing cold. We're doing warm.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the move.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then for dinner, we're probably gonna do like a very like some kind of like chicken salt and boca, like a like I want I want the fried chicken cutlet, and then I want prejudo, and then I want mozzarella, and then I want like salt buttery, buttery garlic pasta and and just get all that going on the top there. Like that's I think kind of that's what I want. That's like the perfect day. That's one day I could do another day, but that's.
Speaker 1: Oh, hey, next time we see each other. What if what about we all have four debauchery days in a row where no determines the menu.
Speaker 2: We can't. We'll die. We'll just die. I'm not ready to die for that.
Speaker 1: You know how the in in weddings recently, like the coup, the groom's cocktail, the brides cocktails become a thing. Yeah, yeah, I've put a lot of thought into mine. Would you all guess what mine?
Speaker 2: Is there any coffee in it?
Speaker 1: No? No coffee at all, loompia that you can't shoot loom Well maybe is.
Speaker 3: It your ice cream? But it's not really ice cream.
Speaker 1: No, we can't relitigate this.
Speaker 2: Look the superjack.
Speaker 5: Wait, elected like I was a Fool'll get there.
Speaker 2: We'll get there. We don't like it, we know this. It was just because a random asshole on the internet says you're right, doesn't mean you're right.
Speaker 5: We'll get into it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Two shots of Hennessy, two shots exactly. Go up to the bar and you're like, oh, can I get the jam? It's like, oh, I just want one shot? No no, no, no, no, you have to take both, all right? No chase two shots of penny.
Speaker 2: Two shots. That's rough, buddy, because anything's possible. Baby, I understand, But like man, the days of just like raw dogg and liquor like that, Like, I don't know, that's rough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with you back again.
Speaker 1: No, it's not raw dogging liquor when you're with me, Baby, I guess you're Scotch.
Speaker 5: But I'm not shooting anything.
Speaker 2: You are the something sweet that makes it go down a little more smooth than I.
Speaker 6: Right, Jane, Jane, I'll take it with you.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. I've learned I can't refuse a shot anyway.
Speaker 2: Uh well, dude, there's a certain point of the night where you should be refusing a shot. Though.
Speaker 5: If you have to guess a personality trade of yours, it would have been that you don't reve that you're incapable of.
Speaker 2: Set a shot of espresso. I didn't know about any though. I'll shoot anything, baby.
Speaker 1: Last email of the show. Once again, the email address is bombcasta gne bomb dot com. Last emailer writes in Mike from Loveland, it's time to open a new front the Revolutionary War? What is everyone but Mike and Dan's opinion of the objectively successful smash musical Hamilton Love the show, Love you all, Mike from Loveland.
Speaker 2: All right, it's fantastic, love, I love Hamilton I'll watched that probably once a year. Yeah, it's it's extremely good. Like I don't think it it probably doesn't like register in the top ten Broadway stuff for me, but like I can appreciate it. I think, Yeah, I think it's very very good.
Speaker 1: I absolutely love Hamilton. It made me feel more comfortable in my skin as a person of color. But also, I said this over the weekend to our dear friend Bailey Myers, I think it is a cultural nine to eleven, a.
Speaker 2: Cultural nine eleven. No, I actually think the real nine to eleven did more damage to our culture than it's.
Speaker 1: You're still debating, all right, Mikey hit me with some super chats if we got any.
Speaker 5: We sure do. Thank you so much everybody for saying this was in that boy Jerry says, you all start late because Dan pooped his pants again.
Speaker 6: No, and poops in Sunday And I've never puoted my pants yep.
Speaker 3: Say, he's famous for never having pooped into my main thing.
Speaker 5: In fact, told us multiple times today that he's constipated. If anything, I know that's more of the issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Kitty cat Man ninety three says that anybody do Miniature Boy Mitch Tolkoto.
Speaker 2: Yet, what the hell is that?
Speaker 5: It's capitalized miniature boys? I don't know if that helps?
Speaker 2: Is that a thing? I'm a Google miniature boy?
Speaker 1: I don't know what this?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: Jang Chad says, you haven't poops some Sunday. That's not the weird thing. It's no, that's weird.
Speaker 2: It's a saint fair.
Speaker 6: But like I didn't boop for like a week not too long ago, so what.
Speaker 5: That's okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: Tell anyone about this.
Speaker 4: A while ago. Yeah, I didn't like it. Okay, Now it's like not pooping in two days in the craziest thing. I think the act stayed fair yesterday and ate all this ship.
Speaker 2: Like if I'm a doctor, right, which I'm not, and you said you came in for a physical and you told me that I would, it would make me perk up. I'd be like, excuse me, like your tummy hurt? No, then it's not a problem.
Speaker 5: Are you like burping a lot poop?
Speaker 2: You don't go poop?
Speaker 4: I got a lot of reflex stuff. And I don't know, it's not really burbs, you know, if you if you legit seven days uh months ago? But yeah, it was like seven buddy, I.
Speaker 2: Know seven days is a problem. I'm not trying to like be hYP hyperbolic, like that's real, bad man.
Speaker 4: My dad was longer a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: I don't care x.
Speaker 6: Ram and they were like, you are literally filled with ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah I get it, ha ha, but like, yeah, conservation's bad.
Speaker 3: Like what I thought we were talking about, like a day of not pooping still, Like okay, yeah, the seven days, that's a problem.
Speaker 2: Just like being constant star Stuff's like I'm an e R nurse working on my doctor at three days is the point where you get worried. Seven days is a all caps problem.
Speaker 6: And we're like a couple of days now and the seven days I got past. So yeah, I assume.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 5: Martin Holis says had doctor Pepper flavored at my birthday and night out, say doctor pepper flavored? What well? Uh it was eight percent. It just tastes like doctor pepper. I think it was beer. I think, what's the most dangerous easy to drink booze? You've found me? Most tiky drinks are like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Pina Colada, the Miami Vice is all that ship where it's just primarily sugar, and you're just going nuts on whatever the fuck it's mixed with. I forgot to mention.
Speaker 1: I made a quick stop, which was a very long stop actually to Disneyland this weekend. Uh, and I.
Speaker 5: Went to Oga's Cantina and my party was.
Speaker 1: Uh. It's like generally most of the places bar standing seating or whatever. And the group sitting next to me, the lady looks over at me like nods her head and it's like, you're trying to drink, and I'm like, yeah, that's why we're all here, right, Yeah, but it's two men too max per person, and my friend she's not gonna drink, but I'm gonna have her drinks, so I'm gonna get four.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna get four drinks.
Speaker 5: Telling you this, this is like ten am.
Speaker 1: Also, yes, did.
Speaker 2: You hang out with him for the rest of the day.
Speaker 5: You should have no, but I cheers her four times. Yes, it was great, God, incredible. How many jet juices that she had. That's what got the last time I got sick drunk was that.
Speaker 3: That's a very funny thing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: This sense is gonna sound really bad. But she asked if she could take a sip of my yub nub, and I told her.
Speaker 2: Now, thanks, lady, I'm spoken for.
Speaker 5: Actually, yeah, you can't letustrate your touch your yep. But Minate's Fruit and Porium says here, at Minate's Fruit and Porium, we would like to recognize our favorite employee, Jan. There's so much work it wild drive someone bananas, which are currently two didy night a bunch. At Minate's Fruit and Porium.
Speaker 2: You got a fruit? No, it says here you do.
Speaker 1: Uctual shouts out to Sean for holding everything down while I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna think, yeah, great job, shouts out, all.
Speaker 5: Right, now we'll just calm down easier. You say that last? Should you say that for last? It's no, it's too late too. You gotta get into it. We gotta do it now. I have to say this. The beer ice cream is simply beer in a non liquid form. It resembles ice cream. There's no way actually ice cream.
Speaker 2: That was right.
Speaker 5: Wait a second, then I didn't did my own research while peeing during a break. There's no dairy products in this product.
Speaker 2: But is it soft serve or not? Yeah?
Speaker 5: It looks like soft so yeah, that's what we were talking A soft served beers, not ice cream.
Speaker 3: But you But when I was asked if it's a liquid or not, You're like, no, it's beer, and like that's why it was confused.
Speaker 2: I was confused by the way you Actually, it hasn't changed.
Speaker 3: You never said beer in soft served form like that. You would say it's beer. It looks like ice cream, but it's not ice cream.
Speaker 2: It's beer.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, okay, soft, but it looks like right, okay, that's all I was asking.
Speaker 2: We never got what I said from the beginning.
Speaker 5: Check the table.
Speaker 2: No, you just have a terrible way of talking sometimes.
Speaker 5: Why he said they were literally making it by churning it. There was a guy doing.
Speaker 2: I can't you understand me? There was a guy doing a thing.
Speaker 1: If we rewound the conversation and we started again, Dan, would you say it's closer to like a slushy than ice cream?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, that's a questions a lot like it's a lot like ice cream. Got it?
Speaker 6: It looks like in a police lineup, you would say that's ice.
Speaker 2: What about like when you put in your mouth the mouth feel it's like raspberry beer, right, feel it feels like beer.
Speaker 6: It feels like ice cream in your mouth.
Speaker 2: That's what I just asked.
Speaker 3: I was just confused about the state of its matter.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, I was. It was like ice cream, and you're like, ice.
Speaker 6: Cream implies dairy, You fool serf, can't have dairy.
Speaker 2: And there's also non dairy ice cream. You're fucking ice cream. It's here's about its state of exactly. And I was like a cream serf, and you just kept saying the beer brings and then he brings up this non dairy ship as if like that's the thing that everyone was thinking about. No one talking from the beginning. No one cares.
Speaker 5: Dan, you looked at inside. What are you thinking, buddy? What's the next super chap? It's from the dupious food, which I think the dupiest food is this ice cream? Ice cream? H g b my pres pooh, and I think I need a new one. I don't worry. I got a backup way for you.
Speaker 2: Bor.
Speaker 5: You gotta like him?
Speaker 2: Is what is sicky pooh?
Speaker 5: The press?
Speaker 2: Pres oh Oh?
Speaker 1: I hope he fucking falls down a flight of stairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, then who's dang gonna vote for?
Speaker 5: Point says congrats on BombCast nine oh six. Now six is the area code for the entire Upper Peninsula of Michigan where I'm from, and this Saturday is nine oh six terri six No cheers, well, cheers to Peninsula day. Yeah or Upper Peninsula Michigan friends.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's twelve of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Rio Roku who says, as Mike heard of the YouTube channel defunk Land, not even a big Disney guy, but those videos are rad I think they'd be, right, Mike. Oh yeah, yeah, I know. I knew the funk Land before he was popping, before all the Norby's found. No, no, no, he's a yeah. His stuff is very good. It is because he has reached a more mainstream audience. A lot of people.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did like that great video just about where did the Disney Channel jingle come from?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: And it was great? So yeah, big, I like the funk Land. There's like a lot of the funk imitators on a lot of them actually pretty good too. So yeah, I like that whole I like that whole genre. I actually don't watch as many of them as I used to. I kind of did get to a point, not to sound obnoxious, but it's like I already know this, I already know this, I already know that.
Speaker 2: Do you if you saw like a Disney creator in real life, who's the one that would make you like fan out?
Speaker 5: Probably aj from the Disney Food blog, even though we only got her face revealed very recently because she just released a book. She just reased a book, so she finally showed her face to promote the book.
Speaker 1: I thought you were talking about your brother, and your brother had a side.
Speaker 5: A different This is a different a. Maybe Molly from formerly of All Ears and now of Mammoth Club.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Molly was more camera forward. So I just facere legitimate question, Mike. How much beef is there with like Disneyland and Disney World content creators? There must be.
Speaker 5: I know there's some amongst the Disneyland the Disney World types. I know there's between the content creators. There's some beef with like I I've heard from certain people that some of those content creators people who are not very nice, perhaps the people who work at Disney.
Speaker 2: So there's over the I know that.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 3: I know Jenny got some beef for her the Star Wars Hotel video from other creators who like took that money.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of yeah, a lot of them. Yeah, Jenny.
Speaker 5: It's very popular. It's a lot of people are gonna be mad at her for stupid reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loant of that ship.
Speaker 1: I want to say, I'm sorry Black Clark could enjoin us. But the day that I had with the all of Disneyland, one of the best trips I've ever heard was at time we had to You had to twist that had to leave early too.
Speaker 2: He missed out it all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, hey, I'll go to Disney whenever you guys want. You tell me which part, you tell me what day I'll be there.
Speaker 2: I actually think dude doesn't know this, but I think I'm going back just you next year. Oh yeah, Steph wants to go to next year.
Speaker 5: You let's go my annual past last alay and I thinking, you know what, maybe I'll renew the things.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 5: A lot more recently too, for reasons. Maybe we take a family trip, all of us together.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be fun.
Speaker 5: I did it. Seems like it's probably be hard to make happen. We got other things going on, but I did want to do Halloween horror nights.
Speaker 2: That would have been fun.
Speaker 5: But busy Mikey, is that it for super chats as I for super chats. Thank you so much, everybody really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: This is on the mouth to all of you. Thank you so much for all of that, and thank you for your emails, and thank you for listening to the Giant BombCast Gang. What do we got going on for the rest of this week? Gay Mess Mornings popping off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday tomorrow though uh there, well, actually later today we're gonna redo missed because we missed it yesterday. Mikey is also going to do Weggaman tomorrow evening. But Mike Manatti begins a brand new season of Blade Club.
Speaker 5: Right. Yes, the Saturn is all primed and ready to get you.
Speaker 2: Did your costume arrive? It should be there today.
Speaker 5: I haven't looked in the front door yet today, so I'll second a moment.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, I bet it's here. So what do you think your costume is gonna be?
Speaker 5: I mean, I assume I'm dressing up like a night and I'm gonna be called Sir Mitch or something. It's here that are one of those inflatable like like what Jeff happened, I'm a dragon? Might be that. I think, honestly, the way you guys are reacting like there's a very good chance I'm a dragon. Okay, fucking jagged, I like, god damn it.
Speaker 2: All right, yeah I saw this.
Speaker 5: I don't think you're dressing me up like the princess.
Speaker 1: Uh. Moving on to Thursday voicemail, dumb truck popping off, Mike Manati is going to do the hollow Night Silk song along in the calendar here it's Silk song. Yeah, okay, Sik song along.
Speaker 5: I think well I fixed it.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: If you are a premium member, we're going to be having a Discord town hall, so come through. We'll answer some cues. Whatever you got about the website, about us, whatever miscllaneous things you got going on.
Speaker 2: We got going on.
Speaker 1: Please tune in for that the archives.
Speaker 3: Silk sing along, so it doesn't suck to say song along.
Speaker 5: It is fun to say.
Speaker 6: Sing along.
Speaker 5: Wait playing Silk Song for four hours straight that you don't like it for some reason.
Speaker 1: And to end the week, we were going to have on professional Fridays as always. Current plans are to play friends versus friends, but hey, card.
Speaker 2: Subject to change. Gang anything else popping off that we want to talk about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just you bet you. But yeah, we're doing Monday mornings. Missed with Mitch on a Tuesday here playing more Riven. We're doing that at four pm Eastern. So excited for that. We were in the midst of a very deep and involved puzzle at the moment, which we half solved last time. So excited to pick that back up.
Speaker 3: And I'll try to fix guys are Arcadias so we can get it working again, and I'll do a few more episodes of that Love Lee.
Speaker 1: I shot some footy while I was out in Washington. I'll try and piece that together.
Speaker 2: I did intentionally really good.
Speaker 1: Did intend to a.
Speaker 5: Hot Dog tour, but then my tummy hook after the first one.
Speaker 4: I also have a Metal Year Collector's edition in boxing going up tomorrow. So you've been on YouTube shorts and TikTok and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we also may have a best of Jeff Passer in the works right now. Yes, uh, coming out tray soon, Tray soon, folks. That does it for the Giant BombCast. He's been Jeff, He's been Jeff, he's been Mike, he's been Dan, I've been Jenny.
Speaker 2: You at home are doing the damn time. Take two shots of Hennessy right now. No, no, no, that's right. I'm advocating for it. Let's do it, let's do it up, baby.
Speaker 5: We don't excessive alcohol, folks.
Speaker 2: We'll see it s week for another episode of the Giant BombCast.
Speaker 1: Until then, good bye, drink responsibly, drink responsibly, yes, fine, oh, keep fun whatever,