Speaker 1: I won't play game. Yeah, okay, it's finish the lyric.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, maybe maybe I can be good at this.
Speaker 3: And it's tough because I'm not gonna sing or play the song.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna speak it.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna help that you don't sing it. Shut up, jerk, just saying.
Speaker 1: I'm standing on the corner.
Speaker 2: And Winslow, Arizona. What a fine side to see.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to let me finish?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I got it. I'm I'm apparently really good at this game. Are you know the one?
Speaker 3: Well, so let me see if you can get it after I'm done. All right, standing on the corner, Winslow, Arizona. Such a fine sight to see.
Speaker 2: There's a girl, my lord and a flap beed forard slowing down to take a look at me.
Speaker 3: You should speak it too. You should not sing it either, my friend, it wasn't very good.
Speaker 1: Boy. You just love to jump on it. I know it, I know it, I know I know what, I know what. I know.
Speaker 2: I'm not good at the song games, but I got that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not very good at them.
Speaker 2: Prettybody listening. We're married. That should explain a lot about this interaction, right, here really should Yet another winner was that it You were no fun.
Speaker 1: You ruined it. You didn't play the game right.
Speaker 3: You just the first word I came out of my mouth and you just took over.
Speaker 1: You're no fun.
Speaker 2: I think I am fun. I think I win the game, and that's why you're mad.
Speaker 1: How come you and your girls haven't been playing games lately?
Speaker 2: I don't know. We did a couple of nights ago. I don't know. There have been some surgeries involved and somebody was sick, and ye kind of got out of the routine. Yeah, where are we starting to puzzle soon?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Lor what's the first thing you made to laugh? There?
Speaker 2: I have a confession. I am definitely drying my hands on your decorative towels.
Speaker 1: Oh I am too, Yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: To anybody who thinks that people going in your guest bathroom aren't using the decorative towels, you're don't be a fool. Here's the deal, though, if you don't want them to use the decorative towels, you need to have a very obvious option for the towel you want them to use, or to put up a sign that says don't use these towels. No, that messes up the whole ambiance and the whole feel of the bathroom. You can't put directional signage. That makes it not cool.
Speaker 3: One of the most confusing things about being a man is the decorative towel and the decorative pillow. We don't understand them, We don't know why they're needed. It just seems like a big waste of space and money.
Speaker 2: It's all about the aesthetic and the feel and the look that you're going for it. People understand.
Speaker 3: Somebody out there has made a fortune selling pillows.
Speaker 1: No one needs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we need them all. I couldn't possibly have enough pillows.
Speaker 1: You have a pillow alligator on it.
Speaker 2: I know you gave it to me, so you you were the sucker too. I love it, A beaded alligator with high heels and a purse. I have no idea why I love it, but I do.
Speaker 3: She also has on her wall another gift from me, just a simple piece of art.
Speaker 1: It's a blue crab.
Speaker 2: It's a blue crab. It's just a drawing or like a watercolor painting of a blue crab. I think the blue crab is holding a purse too. On one of his class is he I'm beginning to see it.
Speaker 1: Or is she in the day's world. I don't know, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I don't know. That's weird. I don't know why the purse is standing out, but I love it.
Speaker 3: Coming up on the show today, we're going to take a look at Tricia's horoscope.
Speaker 1: Haven't done that in a while. I like to do that so I'm prepared for the day.
Speaker 3: I don't believe in horoscopes, but I always like to take a peek, so I know what I'm in for.
Speaker 2: You need as much touch to me as you can get right.
Speaker 3: And the story we love coming up, Trisia says Toby Keith wasn't just singing about patriotism, He's actually living it. Story in just a moment. A reminder to grab the podcast version of the show. Search the Sandy Show wherever it is you get your podcasts and text us anytime seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred.
Speaker 2: Stories we Love from the Lesterhold Studio. Here's Tricia Delicia. So during his hundreds of USO shows, Toby Keith was playing for Troops Station in some of the most dangerous parts of the world. And yes, he literally came under enemy fire. While doing it.
Speaker 1: Hang on, here's a sorry about that.
Speaker 4: We don't really talk about it very much because we want people to go over there, you know, they don't want to discourage anybody to go. But nothing big, no RPG's is nothing. But General Fruger was with us one time. He was our liaison and we're flying sideways and I'm like looking at him, I'm like, we why we're flying sideways? And so then we straightened back up and he tailed his finger up sold you know, like I'll tell you when we get there.
Speaker 1: He said we'd come on a small arms.
Speaker 4: Fire as we were leaving, and I was like, it'd been nice to give a cowboy a shotgun or something.
Speaker 1: That was in.
Speaker 2: Mosol in Iraq, right, and yeah, yeah in Iraq. I don't know what year that happened. But he was a huge USO guy. He did a lot of shows, did a lot of shows. You heard about it. You never heard about this story because, like you said, he didn't want other people to be too scared to go and do it for the troops. Right, But yeah, he died. I'm still so sad when I hear one of his songs that he died. He died in February of last year.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that one song that I guess last concert when he was singing Don't Let the Old Man In?
Speaker 1: No, you ever heard that song?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was kind of you could tell it's about getting being It's the song's about getting old, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And don't let the Old Man in?
Speaker 3: Okay, And you can kind of tell when you're watching, like this is gonna last.
Speaker 2: Zobe Keith, Yeah, oh god, I love Did you ever see him life? I never did, No, I did not see him live, but I had a huge, huge, huge crush on a boy who looked exactly light like him. Really not twenty five years ago?
Speaker 1: Yes, right, Yeah, great story from Toby Keith. That's the story. We love. Stay with us. We're gonna h we got more coming out. One o three point one, Austin.
Speaker 3: Austin's eighty station one oh three point one. Well, let's just take a look here and see what I'm dealing with when it comes to old Tricia Delicia over there. I like to know what I'm getting myself into, and I do. I do believe that horoscopes are a bunch of hocus pocus, but it can't hurt.
Speaker 1: It can't hurt, right right, I mean.
Speaker 2: According to you, you need as much help as you can get with me.
Speaker 3: I do today. Tricia is an Aquarius. This is her horror. Today is a day of reckoning. In some ways, Aquarius, attention to detail is important.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got that all in spades.
Speaker 1: Let's make sure it doesn't come your only focus.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I hate struggle with this.
Speaker 3: Situations are likely to crop up in which you've analyzed and considered every single detail but failed to see the big picture.
Speaker 2: Forest in the trees.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what's going on with that little interior decorating project you got going on.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm very clearly killing that one.
Speaker 3: This says this is a wonderful day to remedy such situations. Take care of anything that needs a broader prospective.
Speaker 1: Oh that's boring.
Speaker 2: I don't really know. I feel that helps you in absolutely no way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: With me.
Speaker 2: Does it ye to step back?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Maybe telling you to step back? Yeah, that would be you to step back. No, I've been telling you to step back.
Speaker 2: I know, I understand.
Speaker 1: I steer clear.
Speaker 3: Because she's in Electrician, she's one of those people that like, well, let's say she walks into my bedroom. We sleep in separate bedrooms, and there's a something on my desk that wasn't there.
Speaker 1: An hour ago.
Speaker 3: Okay, and she'll walk in, she go, why do you have that on your desk?
Speaker 1: That's where I set it down. It's the weirdest thing you had.
Speaker 2: It is weird and it's exhausting. I don't know if you understand. I don't want this superpower, but I have it. I think I missed my calling. It should have been like a forensic detective.
Speaker 1: You should.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they can hire someone to pay him good money to come in and go what's different about this room right now?
Speaker 2: Very much like an episode of Friends when Chandler tried to clean the apartment and he put everything back exactly like it was he thought, But the moment Monica walked in, she's like, why is everything so weird? Yeah, his things were off by like a matter of inches.
Speaker 1: That's me, that is Oh.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask for this gift, but I've got it.
Speaker 1: It's exhaustot It's really more of a curse if you ask a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of a curse. I feel like there's a way that I could use my powers for good but I don't know what that is yet.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean she could get into my car and ask me if I put the driver's seat. She's not even driving, It's true, God.
Speaker 2: But you can see how it's annoying, right, Yeah, because it's annoying to too good. I mean it does come into play in my interior design world. I mean that's great, it's good there, but not every day. I mean that every day, But again I struggle with it.
Speaker 3: I struggle why did you move your lip bumb from one side of the table to.
Speaker 2: The other just then the moment I walk in, It's like the things that have been moved are highlighted and bells are ringing above it.
Speaker 3: If you missed yesterday's Jamie and Sandy Hour from seven until eight o'clock, here is a little bit of what you.
Speaker 2: Miss And you can look at something and not know what it is, but know that it's been doodled because of a care right yes.
Speaker 3: To find out what that's all about, stream the podcast version, search JB and Sandy on the iHeartRadio apps on three Austin dot com. Care don't care in just a moment, But first I tell you something, Tricia, I don't know what's going on with our daughter? But these pictures of this weird pig, bald headed pig with glasses all over the house, I'm done with them throwing them all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gros she planted him around the house to see. Long how long it would take for us to notice them?
Speaker 1: Right? Didn't take me long?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then she just set one on my desk there.
Speaker 2: Gross. She was trying to put one in your room. But she tried to put it in your room.
Speaker 1: It was like, dude, they're not real coy right right?
Speaker 2: All right, Sandy, here we go. You want the drink thing now? Or do you want it last?
Speaker 1: Last?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's go to the next one.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 2: All right. You know the old people smell? Yes, people get older, they sometimes have a certain smell. Do you care or don't care to find out what supposedly can cure old people's smell by regularly eating it?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not of that age yet, but I would like to know. So when I am that age, I will be prepared.
Speaker 2: So you can prepare. Yeah, heads up, I'm gonna be stinky because I refuse to eat mushrooms. Oh, they say that if you regularly eat mushrooms especially chittaki mushrooms or even oyster and button mushrooms that you can ward off the old people's smell. It has something to do with hormones that are gone and don't break down a certain something.
Speaker 3: I will not have peapall smell because I love a mushroom. I like a Portabella mushroom. I like the ones you talked about. I like a button mushroom. I like any kind of mush we except the psychedelic.
Speaker 2: Now you're gonna smell delightful, and I'm gonna have a old person smell because I refuse to eat.
Speaker 1: Im, just like the ones that make a trip out though.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've never done that. I'd be too freaked out to do that.
Speaker 1: Don't do it.
Speaker 2: Oh you've done it.
Speaker 1: I did it in Amsterdam. Did not like it?
Speaker 2: Eh No, I don't like that at all. Right, moving on, Sandy, care or don't care to find out some super weird botanical facts.
Speaker 1: I don't know what botanicaloanical.
Speaker 2: Things that grow plants, fruits, vegetables. This goes against everything that we've ever been taught in our lives about fruits and vegetables, and I kind of don't believe it.
Speaker 1: Why should I care about them because it's.
Speaker 2: Weird and interesting. Okay, from a botanical standpoint, strawberries and raspberries aren't berries, but bananas and eggplants are.
Speaker 1: Oh really, isn't that weird? Yeah? That is strange.
Speaker 2: Do I find that so interesting?
Speaker 1: I don't know that's interesting though.
Speaker 3: I just saw a thing for this commercial for this stuff to spray on your fruits and vegetables to clean them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they put like.
Speaker 3: They put it above a sink and they spray it and all this black gunk comes out of Like I need to see that, right right, No.
Speaker 2: That's nasty. And finally, you say you do care to find out what a doctor in the UK is saying is the best thing to drink during a heat wave?
Speaker 1: First of all, what does the UK know about a heat wave?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think if it gets above like eighty and the UK's considered a heat.
Speaker 1: Wave, Yeah, we've got one going on in this country.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we do. Everybody's in the nineties or above what was the heat index in Missouri the other eighteen? Yeah, So you care?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: He says you should drink milk during a heat wave. It's just the last thing you'd want to drink. Oh, he said that milk is eighty seven percent water and loaded with electrolytes, so it keeps you hydrated longer than water does.
Speaker 3: Well, i'll just have a pedia light then. Yeah, it's loaded with water and electrolytes. I'll just drink that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, milk, big old glass of milk.
Speaker 3: In the yard in a hundred degrees, I believe I'll have a glass of milk.
Speaker 1: No, thank you, no gross, that's care, don't care. She's Trisha. My name is Sandy.