Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Fudday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 3: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 4: Two nothing.
Speaker 2: It's Alva not so Fast Cohole Breath with John Taylor.
Speaker 4: I say that the winner of the draft lottery should be the winner of a two man loose.
Speaker 1: And Rick Dolly Wall I had a cherry tree up little Ricky. If I used to go up that tree and just sit there for hours and munch on those cherry years.
Speaker 2: Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 4: Ten o'clock at downtown Vancouver run the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dollywall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man at the controls. Their director. The voice of God is Derek war How are you couldn't be better news? We'll get the Canucks in a bit here, But this just in from our friend Elliott Friedman. How can in Canada? Thirty two Thoughts podcast? He tweeted this out moments ago. A team Canada is making an injury change for the upcoming Olympics. Sam Bennett will replace Anthony Sirelli. Very sorry for Sarelli, Elliott says, who was injured Sunday the outdoor game down in Tampa Bay. Now, the question that everybody is asking on Twitter and elsewhere. You were asking this question, among other things, what about Sam Bennett. He was injured last night. He left that game early, the game against Buffalo, which was an important game for the Panthers. They lost again, but he left earlier. Elliott responds to the people asking that question on Twitter. Good questions about Bennett leaving the Panthers game last night. Apparently nothing concerning. Now, there were a lot of people who were upset, including myself. I was wondering why Sam Bennett wasn't included on that original team Canada roster. So they get their way now, unfortunately at the expense of Anthony Cirelli. You imagine. I know that he was part of the Foreign Nations team and they won their that's fantastic, but the Olympics is another level, so you have to feel for him. Sam Bennett takes his place, and I just love the edge and not that Anthony Cirelli isn't valuable, But I love and a lot of people in Canada love the Canadian edge that a player like Sam Bennett brings. Remember Sam Bennett scored a crucial goal in the gold medal game against the Americans during the Four Nations tournament. Also, last time I checked const my trophy winner, Yes, and raining const my trophy winner.
Speaker 1: And people, have you told us there's no fighting in the Olympics. We know that, but doesn't mean you can't make room for guys like Sam Bennett. The Americans still have the Kachuck Brothers. You know, after every whistle they're going to cause mayhem. Yes there's no fighting, but why was Tom Wilson added to Team Canada, Dawn, Because you know what that element was missing a little bit at the Four Nations. Yes, they wanted the Four Nations, but they got bigger, they got stronger. And Sam Bennett you bring the sandpaper. He brings it any hell.
Speaker 4: And again, I know Skimmer's out and outstanding, but he brings an element that a lot of people felt they were lacking. I don't think there's anything wrong with having both Wilson and Bennett on the roster, but again, you feel for Sarelli.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, you feel for him. What a heartbreaking thing. They're leaving pretty soon and he gets injured like that. But you look at Florida's back to back Stanley Cup champs, tons of grit. They're a playoff three three sound Cup finals. Yeah, they're a big, strong team with a ton of grit. Wish there was a team like that here in Vancouver, but we don't have that. But now you know why Florida keeps going back to the Stanley Cup finals. You have the skills there, but they're also big and strong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that, and I know it's not a huge difference, but the ice surface is smaller over in Italy and they're ina is ready by the way. Kind of yes, the dressing room situation is bizarre, but they will play. They will play hockey there, both the men's tournament and the women's tournament. Smaller ice surface, physicality comes into play. Again. It's not much, but physicality could very well come in to play a little bit more than it normally would during an international tournament. So again, Sam Bennett in Anthony Sirelli out, I wonder Eric during these World Cup seasons and Olympic seasons, whether or not the NHL will make an adjustment to its regular season, maybe started a week or two earlier, just because it is pretty clear that this condensed schedule, and I know McDavid likes it, but he's the exception. I wonder if they will do something to make it less condemned, to spread it out a little bit more because the injury and it's not just the Canadians that are having roster issues because of because of injuries. There are other teams other countries as well. So I wonder if they'll do something they shoot it forward.
Speaker 1: The contentsed schedule equals a ton of injuries. You know, every team's got a ton of.
Speaker 4: Injuries done, including the Vancouver Canucks, which will get guys out in a bit. Philip heedl injured again, I believe last night. So now we're going to talk about the Canucks. Okay, sorry about that, Derek. We're good with the highlights last night in Utah Rock and Roll, my friend Delta Center, Salt Lake City, Utah. Nick Schmaltz to John Marino, back to Nick Smaltz. One nothing, Mammoth. They're in the home Rock Black with the Mountain Blue and Salt white trim Canucks reply Teddy Blueger up to Connor Garland. He locates the speedy Liam Ogrin. He goes love side on Carol Vamelka and does so in o' grannian fashion. One one you don't like this player. A minute later, Utah wins a draw Sean Dursey inside to Nick Schwaltz. He beats Kevin Lanclan in second of the night, twenty first of the year for the former green bag Gambler, two to one. Mamoth. Just over a minute later, Utah power played Dylan Gunther left side to Nick Schmaltz, back to McHale Sergachev. Hay shoots and scores his ninth, three to one. Utah later in the second, now five to one. Mammoth connects with some pressure here, though again it's Connor Garland with a setup, this time to Teddy Blueger on his way to Italy dah Rick popping in his fifth five to two. But that's as close as they'd come. Third period, seven forty five left Clayton Keller left side, two on one, thinking pass all the way, looking a hand, Nick Schmaltz the hat trick, and there you go. Utah pounds Vancouver six to twos caduction and their moms oah in Vegas on Wednesday, and then that's it for Vancouver Olympic break after.
Speaker 1: That, and you mentioned condensed schedule. The Olympics are not in Salt Lake City, Italy is from Vancouver to Italy, it's thirteen to sixteen hours.
Speaker 5: Done.
Speaker 1: These guys, the Canucks, what do they got? Six guys going, these guys coming back. This isn't a cup of tea plane trip.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe they shouldn't take it. Then I'm telling that, Well, sorry for these guys, Like, I'm sorry, they're living a dream like Badie.
Speaker 1: Like I'm all, I'm saying, what do they look like? What do they feel like coming back from Italy on a thirteen sixteen hour flight?
Speaker 4: Do you think they're going bargain basement on the flight over there?
Speaker 1: You don't know what the flight's gonna like.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna guess they're gonna be well taken care of first class. Then I'm okay, well I'm gonna guess it might even be better than that. All right, Okay, So I would say the most significant and the Knucks lost, that's not huge news you to us in a playoff spot, but the most significant news from a Cannuck point of view. Last time Philip Headle left the game after the second period. He played just seven thirty six. It was three. He had a tough time on a couple of the Utah goals. So automatically our thinking goes to, was this another concussion related issue?
Speaker 1: What are you hearing that's still evaluating? You know they're still looking at him, and you know, I don't think Adam Foot gave good clarity last night.
Speaker 6: Dawn.
Speaker 4: Well, do you want to hear from him.
Speaker 1: Let's hear from him and then break down what he said.
Speaker 4: Okay, Adam Foot, head coach of the Vancouver Canucks, on the situation with Philip Hedel postgame. Philip Hetel didn't play in the third period. Yeah, I wasn't the status there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he tweaked something. So they just told me tweaks somewhere and to evaluate it. Shouldn't no more tomorrow. Not a head injury, though I hope not.
Speaker 4: How do you know a lot of clarity there.
Speaker 1: There's not the first thing that you're the coach and Hetel says he can't go. You're saying, is it a concussion and you're being told by the medical staff. It says when you say tweak, you know Demko gets tweaks all the time. We know it's usually the growing that's turned out. Well, yeah, I know, but it was not a concussion. But a tweak usually means you.
Speaker 4: Know, I'm thinking, yeah, but he should have come out and said, you know not, I hope not that.
Speaker 1: No, it's not concussion related. But when a coach says.
Speaker 4: He doesn't know, he's being honest. He's not sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, but that's why I've been told there's still evaluating. But it doesn't his last shift, Donnie didn't look like he had a concussion, or it was a concussion issue, or did something happen he was going up and down the ice in his last shift.
Speaker 4: Nothing when you're in that situation, and look, I know this might be hard to believe. I'm not a physician, I'm not trained in medicine and that sort of thing. But from what we understand is it's not just about taking a hit when you're susceptible to that sort of thing. You managed to get that word out without pulling a groin, without tweaking something. It's bright lights, it's activity it's crowds that can set you off. So again, speculation completely, but it doesn't necessarily have to be some gruesome incident in order for you to have an issue. Again, population, this is how bad the situation is with Hetel. Right now, you're hoping it's a groin or a hamstring.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, but obviously you know they're still looking into it today and then we'll see what they say.
Speaker 4: Interesting because Ryan and I had the discussion yesterday and you were part of it, is that when the Lions signed TJ. Lee, we heard about that in news. We saw a photo of him wearing a guardian cap, which the football players who have concussion related problems or want to prevent something like that, they wear those guardian caps, whatever they call them. And I just wonder when we're gonna I don't know if there's anything are we going to see that in hockey, because I think it might not be a bad idea for someone like Philip Hetel. It might not be the best look in the world, right, but if it if it keeps your career alive, it might not be a bad idea. And I wonder if there are hockey people that have reached out to football people about something like the Guardian cap for hockey.
Speaker 1: Let's hope it's a tweak of the groin or something and not concussion for heatel.
Speaker 4: So what's your problem with Liam Oulgrin?
Speaker 1: I know, my goodness, I now don't have a problem with Liam Oulgrin. You guys come in and talk like he's Mike Bossi. And he scored nine fifty goals in nine straight years. Mike Bossi was the best. I love Mike Bossi number twenty two.
Speaker 4: I just loved the deflection there no just stop.
Speaker 1: But you guys come in. You guys are talking like he's Mike Bossi. He's got eight points in twenty five games with the Canucks. He had a great game last night.
Speaker 4: But I I and a seventeen fifty on.
Speaker 1: A real good hockey club. What's the ceiling? It's probably third line, third line on a real ki Bucky.
Speaker 4: Look at the Quinn by the way. We'll talk about Quinn Hughes later and what he was up to last night and has been up to since he went to Minnesota. Just adding to Canucks agony when the when the trade was made, it was almost like Ogran was a throw in. Yeah, right, the least balue hood good word of what the Canucks received for Quinn Hughes and everybody else is injured. There's still the draft pick to come. He's he's been the most impressive. I think he's played the most. I mean it's not fair and Rossi are both injured, but he's surpassed expectations.
Speaker 1: No matter what you say, don don don don don. On a good team, he's sealing his third line. He'll get more opportunity to play higher in the Vancouver lineup because the Canucks are thirty second. You love his compete, love his speed, you love his shot last night. Lots to like about him. Here's the goal right here in Garland doesn't tremendous.
Speaker 4: The speed here blowing by.
Speaker 1: That's and and and they boom they shot. Absolutely loved that play.
Speaker 4: So you haven't noticed him and not to That's not talking about him racking up points. I'm talking about just him being noticeable out there, which ninety percent of the Canucks roster, including players making a lot more money than him, aren't.
Speaker 1: Yes, I I hey, I have no issues with what he did last night. Look at this and there was other numerous plays where he created Jenko but you want the consistency right every single game, and are you getting.
Speaker 4: That yes, in terms of effort and being notica. Okay, again, he's not expected to pile up points. I'm just saying he's been impressive. When I I really didn't know much about him and didn't expect much.
Speaker 1: Well, not many people knew much. And before he came to Vancouver he had no points in nineteen games of Minnesota. He was struggling there, like he was. He was struggling there. Why do you think they put him in the deal.
Speaker 4: So therefore, no, I haven't noticed him.
Speaker 1: And he's not nineteen or twenty, he's twenty two. He's the same as Lakaren mackiw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you may win after excuse for Peterson and he's twenty seven.
Speaker 1: I don't make excuses for Peterson. Stop it. Petterson's got no goals in ten games. But apparently some people on Twitter he's back nine shots in games for Patterson.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, Liam Ogrin, at least some of us are saying that at the very least the game last night, he's exceeded expectations so far, and what you say may very well come true, and he is going to be part of the focus of our waddling dog pole question. We've got time for the poll question. How are you by the way exactly.
Speaker 6: We're up against it, so let's save the poll.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, Liam Ogrin is involved in the waddling dog pole question.
Speaker 6: Now I'll just tell everyone the question is why does Rick hate Liam?
Speaker 4: Oh? My goodness, stop, I'm sorry, stop.
Speaker 6: Cats out of the bag.
Speaker 4: Do you know what surprised me last night? What Carolville Milka left handed goaltender Utah not leads the NHL and wins twenty six? Is it Clara? Okay you're saying like Carol, Okay, it's the Milka.
Speaker 1: Okay, thenka, he's finished finished.
Speaker 4: Check check close, But anyway, getting everything.
Speaker 1: He got a new contract last year, the same as Lincoln, and they used Lincoln his contract the agent to get Vimeilka.
Speaker 4: He's throwing me under the bus there. Unbelieve what a teammate you are?
Speaker 6: Well, no, I maybe I'm wrong. That's a possibility. Utah didn't look very good. I know Drance Tomorrow can be prepared.
Speaker 4: The point is, did you know that he leads the National Hockey League going into last night? He leads a national Hockey League and wine was very good. I would not have guessed that.
Speaker 6: Who would you have guessed?
Speaker 4: Vesilaski? Who's number two? By the way?
Speaker 1: Hell a buck?
Speaker 6: No, he's been injured. Yeah, and the Jets have been in the dumper?
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: Are you paying attention?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I know Vella maca. He's a good goalie.
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm wondering about the last name. Okay, here's what's coming up on the show pronunciations one oh one in the eleven o'clock hour along with DTMZ. Is it just me? Coming up in the eleven o'clock hour. Craig Button is going to join us just after level see what he thinks of Liam Ogrin? Yes, big Rock, I'm throwing you.
Speaker 1: Under the what are you the fan? Probably the president of the Liam Ogran fan club.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's very noticeable.
Speaker 1: You're not giving ah my goodness eight points in twenty five games like I point? Okay, but what would be the case if if he had twenty five points in twenty five games?
Speaker 4: You two?
Speaker 1: Maybe a stat like you know what you talk like? He's Mike BOSSI what Mike BOSSI? I love Mike BOSSI? You know I love I was Mike Bossi and ball hockey.
Speaker 4: How'd that go?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 4: The late great oh god, who didn't love but Mike Bossi? He was the best the Canucks in eighty two.
Speaker 1: I was saying, Harold Harrow Stacks, stop, don't do it again.
Speaker 6: You do this once a week, you rip into Harold Man.
Speaker 1: I will never forgive Harrold snap oh my five overtime and he gives it to Bossi bang bang behind the net behind everybody.
Speaker 4: Every time this comes up, and I'm the one who brought it up, and our apologies to.
Speaker 1: He's never coming out. I have a tough time with it. I'm still I still do.
Speaker 4: They were gonna win that. They were gonna win that.
Speaker 1: Since the matter was five to five overtime Game one.
Speaker 4: It's one of the greatest teams in National High league history. Canucks so valiant that year, but they weren't going to beat the Islanders. Big rye Twitter guy. Coming up later this uh our and Ross Tucker is going to join us next from the Ross Techer Ross Tucker Football Podcast, FAMELCA, The Ross Tiger Football Podcast, CBS Sports and Westwood One. He's going to tell you about the exciting, unusual assignment he has for Sunday's Super Bowl sixty in Santa Clara, California. Ross is next. Thanks so much for tuning in, Folks, Donny Dolly the team.
Speaker 7: Jack, Donnie and Dolly. The team is supported by Ableauctions dot ca. A closing your business we can help.
Speaker 4: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 1: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 4: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able auctions dot ca dot sales nab l E Auctions dot ca. That's what I'm talking about all of our guests today, on this Tuesday, brought to you by our title sponsor, Able Auctions, able Auctions dotcas, we head down to Santa Clara, California, site of Super Bowl sixty Patriots and Seahawks. Ross Tucker from the Ross Tucker Football Podcast, CBS Sports and Westwood One. Ross thanks for doing this, sir. I know you're busy. How are you?
Speaker 8: I am very busy. I am doing fantastic. I always have time for you guys. Usually i'm back in Pennsylvania and you can see all my helmets and game balls and stuff behind me. Instead, I'm here at Media Row. I came up to a quiet room for you guys. I think I'm in the ESPN room. Hopefully I don't get kicked out. But nobody else is in here. There's just a bag of popcorn here.
Speaker 5: Rick here, do you want some of this popcorn?
Speaker 8: I love it, love it, love it. But anyway, I always have I always have time for my British Columbia peeps.
Speaker 4: Hey, there you go. Okay, you have to tell people about your assignment for Sunday.
Speaker 5: It's interesting, it's incredible.
Speaker 8: I am the color commentator for Talk Sport, which is essentially the Westwood One of the UK. So we're on a ton of radio stations throughout the UK, which I was thinking. I said to the guy, you know, my play by play guy is Will Gavin, the British viral sensation, the redhead guy with the beard, so it's gonna be electric. I said, how many people really listened to the Super Bowl one am or two am?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 8: And I guess last year over four million people watched it and over well over one hundred thousand listen to it.
Speaker 5: Because you know, people are going to Super.
Speaker 8: Bowl parties so they take ubers or truck drivers or whatever.
Speaker 5: So I can't wait. It's going to be amazing.
Speaker 8: I loved the fact that he told me, for two years in a row, the number one sick day in the UK has been the day after the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: I don't know why. In a sick way.
Speaker 8: I like take pride in that, like, yeah, they call off because they want to watch our super Bowl.
Speaker 5: I love it. It's funny.
Speaker 4: Did you break into a little bit of an English accent there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought he detected that.
Speaker 5: No, I can try. I'm terrible about it.
Speaker 8: Right now, I'm having a diet Pepsi, lads, Yeah, because I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't need I don't need the calories like you blokes. Okaylo, I don't need the calories.
Speaker 8: I'd rather this was a Coke zero, but they don't have any coke zero, probably because they're sponsored by Pepsi.
Speaker 5: So I'm drinking a diet pepsi. It's very early in the morning.
Speaker 8: It doesn't taste very good, but I need the caffeine, and I don't like coffee.
Speaker 4: I guarantee who's ever listening or watching your broadcast on Sunday, they won't be drinking a pepsi overseas. Hey, Ross, tell us that I know you're not a doctor, but what's the latest regarding the health of the two quarterbacks? Drake May his shoulder, and then we hear about the oblique with Sam Darnold, which didn't seem to bother him during the NFC title game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think I'm a little bit more curious about the Drake May shoulder. I think he'll play, and I think he'll probably be fine. But fine is not the same as one hundred percent fine is not the same as, you know, being able to do the stuff he did all season. I'm really curious because even like last night, you watch some videos of him, didn't seem like he was moving the right arm as much as he was moving his left arm.
Speaker 3: And you know, maybe this.
Speaker 8: Is a big conspiracy theory, maybe I'm making too much of it, but I'm curious to see how much it affects him, if at all. I mean, he's talking about it. He says he'll be fine, but I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 1: Hey, Ross, you're not allowed to do this in the hockey playoffs, But it kind of bugs me about the NFL playoffs. Seahawks offensive coordinator Clinton Kubiak, he's going to be the new coach in Vegas? Should he not be one hundred percent? You know, getting this? How do you allow somebody to talk to another team about a job?
Speaker 5: Well, what would you suggest they do differently, Professor Rick.
Speaker 1: After the season, after the season, after the season. Why not after the season?
Speaker 8: Well, because the playoffs are long, and the season is long, and so you've got the combine, you've got all kinds of pre draft stuff, and these teams that were not good last year, like the Raiders, like the Cardinals, they're not really looking to wait, you know, they're kind of looking to get their guy and start to work and build towards next season. The good news is this is the least of your worries, honestly, in the sense that there's two weeks in between.
Speaker 5: He knows he's getting the gig. It's not like he's doing other interviews.
Speaker 8: I think it's a tougher thing for like the Rams coordinators, when those guys had three interviews the day before they're playing the Bears.
Speaker 5: You know, during the game week.
Speaker 8: Kubiak, especially now that he knows he's getting the gig.
Speaker 5: He's all in on the Seahawks for the rest of this week.
Speaker 1: Now, Bill Belichick, I got to get your thoughts. Not a first ballot Hall of Famer? Would you think of that.
Speaker 8: Surprise? Probably like everybody else. But the more people you talk to, the more you realize. There's probably several reasons for it. But I think the biggest is that the process has been altered and there's probably some unintended consequences. You know, it used to be there was a contributor and you could vote yes or no. A coach you could vote yes or no, and then Seniors Committee candidates yes or no. What they've done now is they put all those guys together and said you can pick three out of five. And what's happening is a lot of the voters want to make sure the players get in, So I think they're voting for the players and not Bill Belichick, not Robert Kraft. And I think some of them probably thought, well, Belichick will definitely get in, so I'm not going to vote for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Russ, I think you've answered this question before on this show a couple of years ago. Did you enjoy playing for that organization, playing for Bill Belichick?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I enjoyed playing professional football period, and I enjoyed being in the NFL.
Speaker 5: I would say if you're looking for like.
Speaker 8: Warm and fuzzies and positivity, that was probably not the place for you. It was probably more negative reinforcement and very serious and all business.
Speaker 5: But it's kind of hard to argue with the success they've had.
Speaker 4: Off the subject here Buffalo Bills, Joe Brady promoted to head coach or are you okay with that?
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess I think it's a little bit.
Speaker 8: Surprising if you think about the fact that they made the big move to fire Sean McDermott because they wanted to change and move on from the status quo, because they recognized that they weren't getting over the hump. To move on from the status quo, to shake things up and then opt to promote someone that was already there and opt for familiarity and continuity is a little bit underwhelming. Maybe that's the difference, but they already had him. I guess I'll always see how Adding more to Joe Brady's plate is going to be the secret sauce.
Speaker 4: Okay, Ross, we got to ask you this two questions. Number one, who wins on Sunday? Number two, Rick wants to know this. Are you a Bad Bunny fan? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Number one, I think the Seahawks win. I think they're the better team. I think they would win seven or eight times if these teams played ten times. But the Pages only need to win one. But I like the Seahawks about twenty to seventeen. Both defenses are really cooking. I don't know anything about Bad Bunny. I could not name a single song. I don't know anything about him. I didn't even know it was a hymn until this week. Bad Bunny sounded like a female to me.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: So I guess we'll find out. I'm gonna be there. I'm calling the game, so I will see what the halftime show's like.
Speaker 4: Well, Ross, I'll tell you this, You, Rick and I were not the target audience. I know we're for football fans, but we're not the target audience. Ross, thanks for this all the best, my front page story, Valentine Day, Valentine's Day coming up, all of that. Thanks for this and good luck on Sunday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, my players got another order from British Columbia. All right, my front page story dot com. I can't remember their name. I'm not gonna do the name thing again, but keep them coming. Myfrontpagetory dot com. Best Valentine's Day gift ever Again.
Speaker 4: We know you're busy. Thanks so much for making time for us, Ross Tucker, Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Sure, Yeah, I see guys.
Speaker 4: Ross Tucker Football Podcast, CBS Sports and Westwood won some bedding lines at the Seahawks at six six and a half points, six and a half point favorites fan duel four and a half point favorite Seahawks Patriots on Sunday. All right, a break and we'll deal with the poll question next. Donny Dolly the team whyn't check. Looking for the ultimate Vancouver Island getaway. Head to beautiful Parksville and experience the Bayside ocean front resort, where every stay feels like a vacation you'll never forget. From sunrise walks on the beach to sunsets on the patio, Bayside puts you steps from the sand with ocean views in every direction, splashing the indoor and outdoor pools, hit the fitness center, then relax with a hand crafted cocktail at the Oh your front restaurant and lounge. Whether it's date night, a family trip, or a corporate event, Bayside is your perfect year round escape. Book your getaway now at two five ozero two four eight eight tuple three. Your Island adventure starts here. Watling Dog Pole question Head to the Dog for the big Game This Sunday, The Dog is giving away a brand new fifty five inch TV and Seahawks swag during the big Game. Need to stock up on your favorite beverages before the contest. Head to the attached liquor store for a wide variety of beer, wine and spirits. Come sit and stay at the Wabbling Dog today, Rick Pole question.
Speaker 1: Ry get her up the Waddling Dog poll question which piece of the Quinn Hughes trade will turn out to be the most valuable for the Canucks. Look at this seven and ninety two votes already seventy two percent. No surprise here, folks. A zeb Bullyam is leading. Second place is the first front pick? Third is Liam Mogan? Who you think is Pavel Burrey? And look at Mike Bossi Mike Bossi. But look at this, like this has gotta be concerning, and Vancouver's a good mark.
Speaker 4: What done?
Speaker 1: And Vancouver's a good market. Hockey fans know what they're talking about. This is not good for the Canucks, Liam or sorry Rossi, Marco Rossi, Liam Rossi, But listen, Rossi's at one point five Like what is going on here? When the centerman you've been craving since last July finally comes here?
Speaker 4: Does that say something about the other people or the draft pick?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they like them, but this is concerning if you're a Canucks fan that that Marco Rossi is at one point five percent, Like, this is the guy they've been after since last July. All summer. They tried to get Rossi All summer, they tried to get Rossi. And look at think of mind.
Speaker 4: This is a poll on Donnia Dolly, right, not what's going on on the ice.
Speaker 1: So we haven't seen a lot, we haven't seen a lot of Well who's voting on this Canucks fans? Yeah, this is very concerning that Rossi is that low in the Canucks.
Speaker 4: I thought you'd be talking more about Ogren being this low because Ryan and I are in love with the guy on the.
Speaker 1: Guy you think he's the next coming of.
Speaker 4: Mike boss You or Pale Bury.
Speaker 6: But Donnie just touched on it. I think the entire explanation, for the most part, for that one point is how many games did Marco Rossie playing?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 4: And I noticed him then I didn't when he played.
Speaker 1: He wasn't noticeable when he played before he got hurt.
Speaker 6: But if they all played twenty games, I will.
Speaker 4: Say that I will. I will say this though Adam Foot glowed about him after a lot of the games, like things that we don't we don't notice, And I get the idea when I hear Adam Foot talking that he might know a little bit more about hockey than we do, just a little bit. Sometimes you would hope this would be the case. Yeah, yeah, Bulliam showed a lot because we're talking about a player expected to fill not all the way for Quinn Hughes. Okay, so you can me see the results again if you don't mind, Derek, you'd hope this would be the case. And who knows what the first round pick. I think those votes are people hoping that it that it works out.
Speaker 1: Bulliam is only twenty, He's a future obviously going to Patrol Top four top.
Speaker 4: Would you compare him to you compare Ogrin to BOSSI and Burris? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Stop it. I just said, you guys talk like he's He's. The consistency's not there for me. But anyways, game in, Game out.
Speaker 4: But billiam is the guy came in Game out.
Speaker 1: The game is the sequel to Blood Him Blood and Blood Out nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 4: Great movie. They changed the title, didn't they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they changed the title for reasons we can't talk about. But anyways, it's it's a film about prison. It's a great film if you want to check it out.
Speaker 5: No, it is.
Speaker 1: It's about games in prison.
Speaker 6: That film.
Speaker 4: You compare it to Blood and.
Speaker 1: Bl I know, but it's a good movie for those of us in the nineties we remember moving on. I had to get it from a video cassette a video store. Tom's video, But anyways, ms video, not Tom's. Which one's Tom's Tom?
Speaker 4: Tom's was the adult Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, no, not Tom's video.
Speaker 4: Blood and Blood's interesting that that's.
Speaker 6: So pop to min.
Speaker 4: Hey, you ever been to Tom's?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, I've never. Where's Tom's videos in the broad.
Speaker 4: Look at you? Look at I don't think Tom's videos around it?
Speaker 1: Stop? Okay, Derek, where's Tom's video down? I don't know, I've never I was in New s Yeah, you knew about it. I went up on twenty second street rage station. There was a little video in the video store.
Speaker 4: I bet there was. Where's Tom's video? Is it a still live ar?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. People don't go to so why would I go to grand View Highway Tom's video? What I did?
Speaker 4: I don't know. You're the one who brought it.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyways, you know what I mean. Anyways, let's get back to bo. Who is Tom?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 6: This trend, there's a new trend going on with parents. You're gonna call them yuppy parents, but that's fine. But they're they're they're bringing back vhs is for their kids because because subscriptions are like overload that you go on Disney and there's nine billion options, yes, and so now instead it's like, here's five vhs is and then you go you just watch the movie instead of gonna spending an hour on your choice.
Speaker 1: But you gotta get a v that's yeah, you didn't look at the table. Who's selling VCRs are still?
Speaker 4: Who's selling VCRs.
Speaker 6: You can find refirmed.
Speaker 4: VCRs on VHS T everybody's got apparently you have some at home, Tom, Because to be honest, the older tech lasts longer than the newer tech does. What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Like the systems, like VHS systems, they're probably gonna end up going to the end of time because they're an older system.
Speaker 4: TV first, my first VHS was a top load attache. I thought I was the greatest person in the world, like when I had that thing. Come on over, enjoy this new fangled invention.
Speaker 1: It was nothing better than popping in a yeah well yeah, no, but popping in the movie Tom. Not Tom. I've never been to Tom's video. But listen, it was a good It was back in the eighties.
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 6: No, people yearned for the days of going to blockbustering up and down the ale.
Speaker 4: It was social. Nothing wrong. No, it was you go out with the family.
Speaker 1: Your life was so sad.
Speaker 4: That was your social I'm sure your life is, you know, outstanding.
Speaker 1: You know, going to the video store was a big thing.
Speaker 4: It was you know, you never did it.
Speaker 6: I guess I did. In fact, what was big for us?
Speaker 4: You did it? You did it as a kid. I'm talking about as an adult and Rick Cases really an adult.
Speaker 6: No, you always big for us as kids is we would rent video game consoles from like Blockbusters, Rogers Video Huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And people out there will remember getting the special box for big boxing matches. Yeah, for fights you go get like Phil Tyson. You know bike Gate, right, I remember we had a bunch of people over it and you'd get people to pay, yeah, to help you rent the box.
Speaker 6: Didn't you infamously miss a big fight because you thought it was gonna be a blowout?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, that worked about for Douglas Mike Tyson, Like I got a chance to go to a pay per view at the Admiral Hotel road for going to be in and I'm like, not gonna go pay a bunch of money for something that's gonna last twenty seconds. One of the most memorable fights of the last half century. I know boxing has died well in North America, but.
Speaker 6: Did you see the big boxing highlight over the weekend with the guy's two paybe punched off? You didn't see this?
Speaker 4: Now, Oh I'll have to.
Speaker 6: I gotta get this. I gotta get this.
Speaker 4: Okay, what are we talking about here? This is this is how the next season has gone. We're talking about two pays and Tom's video.
Speaker 1: Tom's video is still there. We just got a text it's still yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't believe you didn't see this. What what? Well? Hey, listen, I'm a little sensitive when it comes to two pays. Okay, maybe I avoided it.
Speaker 6: I got. I don't know the names, but yeah, he his hair, his hair was knocked off.
Speaker 4: The see it gets.
Speaker 6: Who's that I got? I gotta get the names. This has been a bad prep on my part. And then he had.
Speaker 4: I can't believe know, Yeah, what are you doing with the two paint on?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. That's a bad call by him.
Speaker 6: No, No, it was Gerald Miller, Okay, Jerald Miller. He won the fight. He won Kingsley obbay, I hope I have that right heavyweight fight. So he Miller was the underdog.
Speaker 4: It was the guy with the he won.
Speaker 6: He was the underdog. He won, and he got so excited he ripped it off and then threw it into the crowd.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So that's one of the greatest moments sports moments of twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Six, absolutely, no question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that's a bad mookment. As that thing's flying around, he's probably thinking himself, Look, I forgot about that?
Speaker 6: Is it was everywhere on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll find out Tom's Tom. Maybe maybe you will, maybe will Tom's.
Speaker 4: Where the hell we had it? We had a show ready to go.
Speaker 6: He did, We did well. There's a significant university two years ago. Today, we'll save that.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's recap the news of the day. And that's a tweet from Elliott Friedman about about an hour ago, and that we talked about it in the first segment has to do with Team Canada. Anthony Sirelli is not going to be a playing over in Italy for our country. This is Elliott's tweet. Team Canada is making an injury change for the upcoming Olympics. Sam Bennett will replace Anthony Sorelli. Very sorry for Sirelli, who was injured Sunday. It's two pay game off. Uh and uh. People wondering about Bennett because he left yesterday's game against the Florida game against the Sabers early. So really you're replacing Sirelli with Bennett? Is a'n he injured too? But Elliott responds to those people good questions about Bennett leaving Panthers game last night. Apparently nothing concerning. So for the people like myself who were a little upset that Sam Bennett didn't get named to the roster there riginally he's headed over to Italy. They leave on saturd. The plane leaves on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Good move here. I think it's a solid move by Canada because again you feel for Sirelli man to happen a week before the tournament, just very sad for him. But Sam Bennett sit right there. It's a great call. You need that grit, you need that experience and the skill too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and somebody who comes through in big, big games like you hope Jordan Bennington will as he has in the past this season aside big time. So there's that. Okay. Some business here. Able Auctions are our title sponsor. If it's time for you to close your business and empty your building, folks at Tom's video might.
Speaker 1: Want to do comes video.
Speaker 4: Give the experts at Able Auctions a call from metal fabrication shops to wood shops. Rest Who wrote this is this, Jeremy Oh. He's a great writer, well well written. Restaurants, construction, equipment vehicle and truck fleets or any type of business. Able Auctions can help. Email sales at able Auctions dot Ca, sales at a b l E Auctions dot Ca, and we will get your assets and equipment sold and you're building emptied in as little as one week. Let's get serious for a second here, folks is for you. This is just horrible as we as we go to break a tough transition, given all the goofing around we've done in this segment. But this this story out of Alberta. Three players on an Alberta junior hockey team killed in a crash they're heading to practice rick They're being remembered as exceptional young men who had a spark in their eyes for the sport. The Southern Alberta Mustangs and the small town of Stavely anounced the deaths in a Facebook post on on Monday. Officers responded to the Monday morning crash and an intersection with Highway to which runs through Alberta. I'm sure you've taken it to rick Ah, about an hour's drive south of Calgary, and involved a semi truck hauling gravel and a small passenger vehicle heading east. JJ Wright and Camerons Casorso and I hope I'm getting these names right. Eighteen years old. You know where they're from. Two families, So thoughts prayers, condolences to their friends and family also with them, seventeen year old Caden Fine, He's from Alabama. They were killed reportedly again on their way to practice. I mentioned that earlier the driver of the semi forty year old man received minor injuries. Again, just absolutely, absolutely horrible. Thoughts prayers again, Thoughts prayers and condolences to friends and families. A lot of people hurting out there to break We go big Rydeex, Donny and Dolly the team on check.
Speaker 1: The Vancouver Giants twenty fifth anniversary season continues at the lec. Enjoy a great night out with family and friends as you watch the g Men develop the next NHL stars. Check out Islanders draft pick Burke Hood and the Crease and twenty twenty six NHL Draft eligible players Ryan Lynn and Matthis Preston. Grab single game tickets for less than twenty five dollars a seat, or group tickets for as low as twenty dollars per seat, eight quantities of eight or more. Visit the Vancouver giants dot com, slash tickets to grab yours now.
Speaker 11: Hey, Ryan, to pay on now? You got yours on glued down Splashally, why wear a hat just in case somebody punches me in the head. Yeah, to pay well, to pay with stay on.
Speaker 4: And you got a boxing match? Yeah we can so heads up there exactly.
Speaker 6: Something we mentioned yesterday that I want to continue mentioning this week. Moje doing Super Bowl content down at Super Bowl sixty. Last night was the big opening night media night, you know, and they put all the guys on their podiums and they have the big press gathering where everyone gets to ask a bunch of questions. Moge caught up with a few different people and all his content is on the donnyd the YouTube channel right now, including he caught up with a Cooper Cup, Seahawks wide receiver, asked him a couple of questions, including there's a BC angle here because Cooper Cup formerly a wide receiver for quarterback Vernon Adams at Eastern Washington University, and so Moge asked Cooper to reflect on his time with VA at Eastern Washington University. Here's a clip, a little snippet.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I heard the man a couple of years I got to be around him. I mean, he's just such an incredible competitor gamer, And you see, similar to what we like we talk about being loose and focused, vern is the OPTI me of that loose and focus. His ability to be in the moment but still be himself no matter where it is. No moment was too big and so yeah, I absolutely love.
Speaker 5: Him today since this scuss.
Speaker 6: So there you go.
Speaker 4: Moches a great job of asking players about connections to Canada, in particular the CFL. It's a very small world, and I venture to guess that a majority of players in the NFL have some connection to the CFL or some athletes in Canada, like a lot of NHL players have connections with CFL guys. Well I get for one.
Speaker 6: One of the other interviews is Jonah Tavai member the BC Lions. His brother is playing for the Patriot linebacker, so he caught up with his brother asked them some stuff. He also asked Mike Rabel a couple of questions. So again, all the moch content is beginning to hit our YouTube channel. First podcast will begin tomorrow Thursday, Friday, and on this weekend as well. With interviews.
Speaker 4: It's funny a lot of people in our country who follow sports, and I'm not saying everyone, but a lot of people don't have a lot of respect for the Canadian Football League. I think we can we can agree.
Speaker 1: With that under a story.
Speaker 4: Tell people in the NFL have tons of respect for the CFL and the great athletes that are involved. And part of that is because their jobs, Yeah, football jobs are up here with with with nine nine teams and uh, they like I say, nothing but respect for the CFL.
Speaker 6: That also, let's look at the way this league is humbled. A lot of guys with massive egos, specifically recently like Johnny Manziel coming up here.
Speaker 4: He couldn't nothing right.
Speaker 1: Doug Flutey came up well, he said no, no, but he What I'm saying is a lot of these guys respect war Moon, Oh you Doug Fluti. These guys came up, they went cam Wake, Holy Yeah, Singleton, Denver. They respect the Canadian Football League. A lot of them do because they come up here, they do well, they go back down.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, So speaking of the Super Bowl NFL, NFL making news yesterday, guys, they are now up to eight international games for twenty twenty six. Okay, so they're going back to Madrid, Munich Rio in Brazil. London's gonna have three games. First ever game happening in Paris, first ever game happening in Australia. They're heading to Melbourne. They also announced after this as well, by the way, they're going to Mexico City. So it's interesting the way they've done this mass expansion. Goodell was asked about yesterday if this is also then gonna lead to eighteen games, and so do you potentially have and maybe every week do you have an international game? Is that a possibility somewhere down the line. It sounds like this eighteen game thing is gonna happen. Whatever happens, it's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: And they've they've talked in the past about maybe an expansion team well or.
Speaker 6: An international super Bowl as well, like do they have the super Bowl?
Speaker 4: And I don't think a team will happen.
Speaker 6: I just don't see travel one. Well I'm even interested, like how are they going to do this this Australia game like that one? I don't know, man, that's like the distance, that's a long way to go. How do you unless you is that the kickoff game, like is that what is that your.
Speaker 4: Your Friday the most fair?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 6: And so then.
Speaker 4: There's those teams have bye weeks right right right after and then now that they think about getting back to the you know, there's always been that possible push for Toronto having a Yeah, well NFL team. It's remember when the Bills played those games in Toronto Center, the ticket prices and it was just just it didn't work out, even the preseason game here years ago. Yeah, I don't know, it just didn't didn't have a spark. I thought it would. Well.
Speaker 6: Mike Garifolo was on with on Rite last night and he is asked around yesterday about because now look at all these international places getting games. Hello, what about Canada International? And apparently the NFL stances none of the stadiums could do an NFL game from a technology a technology standpoint, having replay all this stuff. Obviously you have CFL facilities, BC Place, whatever, but the NFL doesn't see them fit to host a game.
Speaker 4: Yeah. As the minute game that's I agree is in the Munic game at the home of Byron Munich. Yes, yeah, that is a massive structure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, Commonwealth at Edmonton is a great stadium. How could they not hold an NFL game.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a track separating the fans, that's the thing.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 1: That's a beautiful stadium. Yeah, Commonwealth. Yeah, I'm curious what the reasons. It is a beautiful stadium. But it's too beautiful. I've seen it's too beautiful. It's way too lovely.
Speaker 4: It's too big for the CFL.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's way too I mean, look at they get concerts. They just ask post alone, Jelly Roll. They're going in there this summer, like they get CONC like BC Place does.
Speaker 4: But Commonwealth is it fits and skydim as well at Rogers Center. Yeah, but it's in that time period where the CFL was kicking ass.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, five great cups in a row in Edmonton.
Speaker 4: I think Tom's video there first. But they made the stadiums too big. Yes, yes, it was like and they were at the time, the Edmonton and they were called the Eskimos at the time had more season ticket holders than any other football team in the world, like over fifty thousand, and they built an appropriate stand. Of course, they were hosting the Commonwealth games as well, But I just wonder if they wouldn't dial that backup. They giving a second chance here in Vancouver, Toronto, ed Benson everywhere.
Speaker 6: I mean, because here's a proof in the pudding. Is Saskatchewan and Winnipeg built brand new buildings.
Speaker 11: Hamilton they cap out at what forty five forties right, Saskatchewan I think is a pretty large building.
Speaker 6: Fifty right, So I mean, and those are the let's be honest.
Speaker 4: But then he got to answer ask the question, well, what about Taylor Smith, Swift, McCartney and another events? Would you get them here if you didn't have that stadium? Worlds like everything else, pros and World Cups, pros and cons. But for the for this, and keep in mind that when BC plays was built too, it wasn't just about the CFL and it's big numbers at the time, attendance wise, there's also the thought that Vancouver was going to get led by Senator Ray Perrow a major League baseball Yes, yes, right, So that was one of the reasons it was it was built. It didn't happen for the games there they had. I remember the Expos playing and believe the Mariners Cubs played here. Well didn't wasn't there and they just baseball in that stadium did not work.
Speaker 6: Wasn't there significant injury up here with Griffy or Edgars?
Speaker 4: Yes, that got hurt. Yeah, that's when Loup Panella spit excelad sandwich at me.
Speaker 6: Nice that there's one thing you don't want spat at you.
Speaker 4: It's probably exact by Loop Penel.
Speaker 6: No, No, I don't think so. Coming up next, Craig Buttons ts in director's scouting. Craig Buttons. Next, it's Donnie Odi the team I Check.
Speaker 4: Hey everyone, it's Donnie and Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 1: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast and on social media.
Speaker 4: We'd love to get involved with your company called two five oh eight, eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at Checkmedia dot ca A. Tuesday and all of our guests today brought to you by our title sponsor, author Jeremy Dodd and company Able Auctions, Able Auctions dot c A. Sam Bennett is going to be representing Team Canada over in Italy at the Olympics, taking the place of the injured Anthony Sirelli, and again people saying, well, don what the heck? What about Sam Bennett? He left that Panther Savers game early yesterday. According to Elliott Friedman, Our Elliott Friedman from Hockey Night in Canada, Sam's gonna be okay and he will be getting on that plane Saturday as they head to Milan, joining us now to you, Sen Scott erect here, Craig Button, Craig, thanks for doing this, sir. How are you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I am great.
Speaker 13: And it's like so when when when I say something, you know, usually stupid but sometimes smart, do you say I'm your guy?
Speaker 3: Do you say like, Craig is our guy? Or do I try to just go I can't believe what Craig said.
Speaker 4: Well, all we have to do is look at the hat and you're our guy, our guy. It's official two baseball hat. It's all there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, all weather.
Speaker 13: I mean it's warm here, it's warm here. I'll be skiing on Thursday. It's just been beautiful weather and the snow has been great, so I can't wait to get out on the slopes Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, Well, the weather's been great here in Vancouver. Beck In back in July and August, Craig you heard the news we just talked about. Here, Sam Bennett takes the place of Anthony Cirelli, and I can't imagine how Anthony Cirelli feels. Also, do you understand why Sam Bennett is the person who replaces him.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, you feel for Anthony Cirelli an opportunity to represent your country at the Olympics that comes along every four years, and certainly you feel, you know, disappointed for him. And then the flip side of this and the excitement that Sam Bennett has to be feeling after the disappointment of not being named to the team, and and so you have the disappointment on one side, the excitement on the other. But when you think about the way Anthony Cirelli plays and you think about a capable replacement, a replica, reasonable fact. Similarly, however you want to put it, Sam Bennett is that guy. And I think that Hockey Canada has They've gone through an exhaustive process to identify players.
Speaker 3: They went through the painstaking exercise.
Speaker 13: Of trying to pair down their roster and then naming it, then having to deliver those phone calls to the ones not named to it. But they knew and they know who who the replacements would be depending on an injury or a particular player at any position in any situation. So I see sam As as that player that is is like just about the perfect replacement for Anthony Sulli.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the other candidates would have been a Badar Shif, Lee Hyman, McDavid Selimi and Ebonton Wyatt Johnson and others. Craig, let's talk about the Connects for a second. Here they lose last night six to Utah. We've been talking a lot about this player acquired in the Quinn Hughes deal. What are your thoughts on Liam Ogrin. There's some differences of opinion here. I think he's really stood out to the to the point where I think the Connects would be pretty happy with him right now.
Speaker 13: What do you think, Well, he's a young player, Donnie, and to me, he's a third line player. He's a third line wing that plays like a rugged style game. He plays a hard game on the pocket, He goes to the net, he creates some space, you know, makes life uncomfortable for opponents.
Speaker 3: And because he's a smart.
Speaker 13: Player, he knows where to get to and when to get there, and I think those are important elements. But I think when you're looking at Liam, you have to understand what he is and what a skill set is and what attributes brings to the team and then celebrate those. And I think that you know, we look at first round draft picks, says oh boy, oh he first round draft pick. He's only a third line guy. Listen, third line guys are really valuable in this league. And I think that Liam Ogrin can be all of that. To add to that, he's a terrific, terrific leader. He's always been a leader in his age group over in Sweden and really really respected for the way he plays. I mean, in the U eighteen tournament, he played like you know, a lot of players protect their draft status. And I'm not I'm not here to criticize that or in any way, shape or form. But he played with a bad ankle that that required uh, you know, some some off season uh rehabilitation and and and and and a procedure. But but he was so dialed into helping the team and being part of being there for the team that he did. He he played less than one hundred percent, but he knew that, Uh, he wouldn't he wouldn't do anything that would be long term, but he he was dialed in for the team, and I think those are qualities that are really really important.
Speaker 1: Craig still with the Canucks, I want to ask you going into a rebuild, what you're You're the GM and you got a rebuild coming. What kind of coach is the best for a rebuild? Because we just saw the kermak you no ice time and overtime, he scored a nice cooler You're in the game only one shift, last twelve minutes. Third, he's got to be a coach that's good for young players in a rebuild. What what kind of coach is the best for a rebuilt in your eyes?
Speaker 13: Yeah, and Rick, I think like, without knowing all the circumstances that unfolded over the course of the game, why I didn't play twelve minutes? Like you can score a goal on a game and show well, and then you do some things that you know didn't help the team, or you don't earn the ice time to get out there.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that could be, but I think you have to allow for that.
Speaker 13: Here's to me, the biggest thing any coach has to do with a young team and with young players coming in. There's certain things that are non negotiable, like, okay, effort, making sure that we're going to stay in the competitive fight, and young players are going to be at different stages of that, but making sure that they're going to dig in, that they're going to be responsible, that they're going to really really understand that the effort and the commitment and the competitive of spirit that you display are really important.
Speaker 3: Players are going to develop in different ways.
Speaker 13: So if players are doing that and they make mistakes, you correct them, You help them correct them, you help them understand what they are, and then you help them move forward.
Speaker 3: Then that's what you got to do. And I see many examples.
Speaker 13: Over the course of years and years and years of coaches who do that really well and coaches who don't do it so well. But I think that that is that's got to be mandatory. If I'm the manager, that's what I'm telling the coach. Listen, if we're developing a player, you know, put them in that position and then make them accountable.
Speaker 3: But if he's.
Speaker 13: Green and he's not quite ready and we have them up here, it's a reason why be patient with that process.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be you don't have to let them go on the details in the competitive area.
Speaker 13: That to me is what you got to do, because if you don't do that, you're not helping the player develop.
Speaker 1: Well, let's stay with this. Look at Rick talk at getting a lot of heat and Philly Craig with the way he's handling a Matt Veave Mietchkoff. He's getting it from the media, the fans, and now the president and the GM said, hey, we got to play the kids. What do you think of what's going on with talking?
Speaker 13: Well, I think the problem with with uh with Rick is that Matt May, Matt May, Mitchkoff showed up in camp out of shape.
Speaker 3: He said, oh, I had an injury.
Speaker 13: I couldn't train, so he didn't tell anybody that he had an injury, shows up in camp out of shape, and then he plays with a with what I would call laisse fair attitude. And if Keith Jones and Danny Brier are not supporting Rick talking in terms of how he's handling Meetchkoff and making him earn it, he's lost every player on the on the team. And then, and more importantly, you lose credibility as an organization.
Speaker 3: You got to back your coach there and again.
Speaker 13: Rick Rick is a guy that's gonna dig in and help the players in terms of understanding, play hard, dig in, be competitive. Might get overwhelmed the times, but if you're in the battle, you're in the fight.
Speaker 3: You're okay.
Speaker 13: Meach Goff is now just starting to start to realize, Oh, this league's a little bit hard, my high pick.
Speaker 3: I better be careful here about trying.
Speaker 13: To be Lais fair because the problems that afflict match a Mitchcalff are self inflicted. He's done it to himself. He doesn't deserve any more than he's gotten.
Speaker 3: In by view.
Speaker 4: Great stuff, Craig. Okay, Saturday night, Langley Event Center, my son and I went and saw the Vanchorage Giants play the Clona Rockets, a nine to two Rockets win. Tischagin Let three goals, three assists for the Rockets. I thought, by far the best player on the ice sixth overall by Utah twenty twenty four. What's he capable of at the NHL level, Craig.
Speaker 13: I can't believe he didn't mention Joe. Didn't Joe have a goal game?
Speaker 4: He did? Yep?
Speaker 13: Well, okay, I'm kidding, I was Joko.
Speaker 3: I said again, I had several points last night they go what would.
Speaker 13: And they didn't even think about Joe. So t Teach is a terrific player. He's smart, he can score, he can make plays. He like, let me be simple, I don't have to go through the whole like his whole resime. Bottom line is for Teach. Any type of game you're in, Teach can be a real factor in it. Fast game, heavy game, skilled game, detailed game, defensive game.
Speaker 3: He can do it all and he does it with.
Speaker 13: A with a real serious competitive edge, a lot like his dad.
Speaker 3: And with respect to you underestimate him, you're in big trouble.
Speaker 13: And Teach is going to be a star in the National Hockey League.
Speaker 3: Of that, I have no doubt.
Speaker 4: Barry Trotz, who replaces him in Nashville.
Speaker 13: That's a good question. I mean I say this often, guys. There's lots of really good candidates for Angel. I think it's going to be the The National Predators are going to determine, you know, what type of profile they're looking for for that position. You know, everybody brings a different profile. What are you looking for? Are you looking for somebody that's younger. You're looking for somebody with a management background, You're looking for somebody with a scouting background.
Speaker 3: Are you ready to give somebody that.
Speaker 13: Hasn't had managerial GM GM experience and opportunity? So I think that that there's no lack There should be no lack of interesting candidates, and there's no lack of qualified candidates. And I certainly think that you know, we can go through a long list, a short list, any type of list.
Speaker 3: But that's an attractive job.
Speaker 13: And and and not that jobs as a general manager of the national art team are unattractive.
Speaker 3: But I think Nashville has some good young players.
Speaker 13: I think they've established themselves as a as a franchise in that city that has relevancy and stature. So I think you go in there, and you you work with a with a good ownership group and a real passionate fan, you have a chance for success.
Speaker 4: Craig, thanks for this, love the hat, and well we look forward to We'll be talking Olympics next week at a lot about the Olympics next week. We look forward to that. And congrats on the nice weather in Calgary. Yeah yeah, send your picture, just rub it right in tweet it out. Yeah, thanks Graig, you bet, Craig button TSN Scotting director. I haven't talked about that yet, but that game shot was packed, by the way the Winley Events Center and you know, the giants like the Canucks rebuilding. Totally understandable, but it's worth going to those games just to see a player like hockey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not overpaid, they're not making eleven six, they're not making nine million. Just good kids, you know, trying to get a shot at Peterson, shot at Peterson. I would never take a shot at Peterson. Good kids. I have total respect for junior hockey players all over the country, which.
Speaker 4: There's a reason to go, but not just that, but it's also it's also just seeing somebody like tij Ginley. He was he was so good and you know what, and he's talked about this, how much better he's been since not you know, he's already a fabulous player. But this is the same with Gavin McKenna, better since the World Juniors and playing at that level with the best of the best at that age. It was. It was very very impressive. Okay, we'll take a break and update the poll question next don delay the team on check Dolly and Dolly.
Speaker 7: The team is supported by able Auctions dot ca a closing your business we can help.
Speaker 4: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions.
Speaker 1: To industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 4: For a confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able auctions dot ca. That's sales at ab l E Auctions dot Ca. We have a photo that I think a lot of people will be from days gone by. A lot of people will be interested, and we'll get to that in a second, But first the Wattling Dog poll question. Head to the Wattling Dog Pub for the Big Game on Sunday, Rick, Are you heading over there?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely thinking about it?
Speaker 4: Wait a commit The Dog is giving away a brand new fifty five inch TV and Seahawks shwag during the Big Game. Need to stock up on your favorite beverages before the game? Well, head to the Attached liquor store for a wide variety of beer, wine and spirits. Thinkers of Tom's video next door, come sit and stay at the dog today.
Speaker 1: Rick stop with the Toms video. I accidentally said it right.
Speaker 4: Get it up the waterling dog pup poll.
Speaker 1: Question of Tom's which piece of the Quinn Houst trade will turn out to be the most valuable for the Canucks? Look at this, no surprise at all, seventy two percent, Zee bullyam, which is the right call? Nine hundred and ninety seven votes, three shy of a thousand. But take a look at who's next the first round pick. I thought I thought Liam Ogran was going to lead this poll. According to Don and Ryan, he's just the best thing since slice bread. And then Rossie comes in at a very low one point eight percent. That is astonishing.
Speaker 4: Is going to join us in the show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: He's a great guy. I know his agent. I tell you this much. Right now, Liam Ogan's Asian is a good problem.
Speaker 4: By the way, I'm kidding folks, people will follow this show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, kidding. The Canucks don't like us. Okay, just stop, we know the truth.
Speaker 4: Okay, So let's recap yesterday's Did you want to say something? Ryan? Okay, yeah, you moved your microphone there. Uh. The Canucks losing six to two in Utah. Another loss for the Vancouver Canucks and for US rebuildists draft ists. Nothing wrong with that. Another Canuck loss, though they weren't that competitive this time around, as you can tell by the score. But the big news out of that for the Canucks. Philip Heatel, he of the poor concussion history, left the game after two periods. We talked about this in the first segment. I know you've been doing some texting, anything else.
Speaker 1: Nothing. He tweaked something last night Dawn. We're trying to find out if it's a concussion related They're still evaluating. Everyone's lips sealed. No one's saying.
Speaker 4: Boo as of now, our lips are sealed. Lips are sealed, Okay, So you hope that turns out positive for if it can. For Philip heel even the game after the second period. Two years ago today, you know what happened two years ago?
Speaker 1: Today was a good day for the Canucks organization.
Speaker 4: It was twenty twenty four NHL All Star Game. It was in Toronto. Remember the Austin Bieber designed uniforms. Wasn't Bubla one of the coaches or fan. He was, he was, he was right And this photo was taken I believe during the skills competition. This is during the twenty three twenty four season. As I mentioned, the twenty twenty four All Star Game in January, and boy, times were so good for the Conduction. They were on their way to what they did, going two rounds, seven games against beating Nashville, seven games against the Oiters. This was such a solid season for them. And they had six representatives and Talcott was at this game as well. Six representatives at this game player wise in Toronto, and Demco and Besser and Miller and Hughes and ep forty. You just ripped into him. And they recently acquired at the time Eleas Lindholm as well. Home what happened? What happened?
Speaker 1: How do you go from six All Stars to two years later thirty second in the National Hockey standings done? How do you do that?
Speaker 4: Well? Two year stars don't like each other. So there there was that, and there's that, you know, the infamous Miller Peterson feud. And you look at this, Dempco injured, a Besser, struggling, Miller gone, Hughes gone. I whould have guessed this, Hughes gone, Lias Petterson relatively speaking, struggling. This is just this is just before the contract. If I'm not if I'm not mistaken. And of course Eleas Lindholm, he was going to be a UFA that summer, gone off to Boston along with the zador Off. No surprise there. But it's just not two years ago today, and my mind goes to this, it's just not about this picture and two years ago today, but those playoffs less than two years ago?
Speaker 6: Did you mention the seventh member?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, atention.
Speaker 1: We talked about talking paid attention. What sticks out to me, Donny, Donny, what sticks out to me?
Speaker 4: Seve Promly? Where's Liam wilgrin.
Speaker 1: This foldo?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: The first time, Bunny? Three of the five players are Centerman, Miller, Lindholm, Patterson. Look how strong they were and a year before they had Horvat. How do you go from those four centers to what the center ice position is today, dead last in the NHL. How do you go from these all star centers to being the worst team in the NHL at the center ice position? They traded Miller, right, what centerman did they get back? They got back a guy who's playing wing.
Speaker 4: Now, we just talked about Horvat, who's injured too. Yeah, probably I'm.
Speaker 1: Talking about he's playing wing.
Speaker 6: He's injured.
Speaker 1: Horvat, you got back rat To. He's not good enough, hor I know, I know. I'm just saying, how they've decimated. You trade Horvat, you get back rat To. He's not an everyday player. Lindholm, you brought in, you coughed up draft picks. H He's tied to the twenty twenty four NHL draft ony. So it gets worse. But anyways, at one point two to three years ago, Vancouver was the strongest team in the NHL at center. Now in two years of.
Speaker 4: The worst, this picture goes in the category of soakannuck. So not that long ago, and look for they look to be on their way to being Hey Cup contenders. By the way, Bieber did a great job of designing these uniforms. I love these. They're just different. Yeah, he was considering having them wear boxer shorts and socks all start game. The NHL said no to that.
Speaker 1: Right, get that picture up again. One more thing from this picture that sticks out to me. Look at Quinn Hughes. You know, what he is doing, smiling, he's smiling, he's happy. How does he go from this photo and happy and smiling to get me out of town?
Speaker 4: Well, a lot of losses will do that right okay. And by the way, we want to focus on what Quinnyes has been up to. We'll do that on tomorrow's show. You've got some business.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Look at this BC's number one sports member Billy and gaming shop is Pastime Sports. Check out the largest selection of sports member Biley, autographed items, trading cards and collectible games in Western Canada. You have four locations, Medtown, Guilford Mall, Capilano Mall, and the largest store. Look at this right there, debrask Look at this Trevor Lindon our good Pal Club sixteen. And look at this Trevor Linden right there.
Speaker 4: That's trev m.
Speaker 1: Clain, Kirk mcclin ninety four, Babbage Babbage ninety four.
Speaker 4: Where Hey Snaps? Where is he? But where's Eryl Snaps? My favorite player.
Speaker 1: If you can't visit them in store, you can shop their massive collection featuring cards from many air online at Pastime sports dot Ca.
Speaker 6: Laptop for the laptop Opeachee cards brand new at Pastime Sports dropping late last week card of the day.
Speaker 1: This is cool.
Speaker 6: This is a PSA ten. It's the highest grade you can get on a card. PSA ten. Macklin's to the Beanie rookie card and that card is a photo of when he scored his first NHL goal back on October tenth, twenty twenty four. It's a rookie moment card. And by the way, I just noticed this on the Twitter machine. Uh that at practice today? Look at this. This is Shang Shang Peng, who covers the Santa Say Sharks, Maclan Celebrini lining up with Will Smith and Keith for Surewood lining up with Mackletz Selabrini and Will Smith at Sharks practice. Yeah, pretty good linemates for Keith for Surewood to be dropped into there.
Speaker 4: Absolutely get to play a game with the Sharks and Connor Bodar doing well against the Celebriti and company. Sharks of last night taken a bit of a double since that blowing that lead in Edmonton.
Speaker 6: That really nothing, That was really a knife last night. There's two young kids North Van kids yucking it up on the ice.
Speaker 4: A knife for Vancouver hat.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, like studs of their franchises. Smacklin more than Connor. But it's close, it's.
Speaker 4: Well, and he's on Team County.
Speaker 6: Right, one's an Olympia.
Speaker 4: Maybe there was some thought to having him on Team Canada, right, being placed on Team Canada today. Yeah, of the Sirelli. Yeah that didn't happen. Connor Bdard will get there. Oh yeah, yeah, he'll get it right here. We're good. Yeah. DTMZ next Tony and Dolly the team on check.
Speaker 1: The Vancouver Giants twenty fifth anniversary season continues at the Lec. Enjoy a great night out with family and friends as you watch the g Men develop the next NHL stars. Check out Islanders draft pick Burke Hood and the Crease and twenty twenty six NHL Draft eligible players Ryan Lynn and Matthis Preston. Grab single game tickets for less than twenty five dollars a seat, or group tickets for as low as twenty dollars per seat, eight quantities of eight or more. Visit the Vancouver Giants dot com slash tickets to grab yours now. It's eleven thirty two on a Tuesday morning. Donny Dolly on Check TV. No time for DTMC. Brought to you by the world famous Oysterner Golf cluf. We'll see big l out there. Great track, great track.
Speaker 4: Etmz bro. Thank you by the Arnold Palmer Design. Whister Golf Club excited to get Phase two of their golf course reno underway in April. Reminder, if you're visiting Whistler you want to keep your game sharp, come play some of the world's best courses on the sim book online at Whistergolf dot com. I know you guys covered this on Friday, but I'm going to repeat it late last week we lost the great Catherine O'Hara, seventy one years old, passing away in her La home after a brief illness. SETV home alone, Shit's Creek, the studio, which is so good, Beatlejuice, brilliant, legendary Canadian. And I tell you, every time I think of set V Catherine Hare, I think of Red Deer in the eighties and we would watch it every night and last laugh our asses off. But also last week Rick of interest for you. Demon Wilson, the actor best known for starring in Sandford and Son, passed away. He died at his home in Palm Springs on Friday. Complications re lated to cancer. On Sanford and Son, which ran from seventy two to seventy seven on It was Funny, We played Sandford, son of Fred Sanford, played by the late great Red Fox. So he passes away. I know that you were a big fan. Everybody likes Sanford and so everybody loved that show. Oh great show on the family, Sanford and side Fox, Red Fox, Oh funny Red Fox. Incredible stand up comedian.
Speaker 1: You got birthdays? All right, Ryan, Let's get her up. Who's the sponsor? Sponsor? It's little Leo was a fire hydrant factory in casino in Douglas, British Columbia, which is by the Peace Arts border right there, Douglas.
Speaker 6: And it's from who Dom and White Rock Dom.
Speaker 1: Great great work here, Don, by the way, really really well down.
Speaker 4: This player December third or primy, what is it?
Speaker 1: It is February, February third, December one, Yeah, we're in February. This player went in the nineteen seventy four NHL the nineteen seventy four w h A drafts. He played five games for the vernon Essos back in nineteen seventy fifty two goals. In nineteen seventy three with the Swift Current Broncos Brian Trocci, Ron delor Terry Raskowski on that Swift Current team. Oh yeah. In the nineteen eighty NHL All Star Game, he played on a line with Tiger Williams.
Speaker 4: A go on Curran Broncos. I know talks about it all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, I read Brian Trocci's book and he mentioned that Tiger talked about her retirement or quitting hockey.
Speaker 6: So recently named one of the faces of the franchise for the Vancouver Canucks.
Speaker 4: Ty Yes, Tiger Williams And by the guy's back, He's.
Speaker 1: And the best goal Maple Leaf Garden's riding his.
Speaker 4: Stick, the Tiger's return to Maple Leaf Gardens after being traded by the Leafs to Vancouver.
Speaker 1: Him riding the stick Maple Leaf Gardens Hockey Night Caunada Saturday.
Speaker 4: Tiger.
Speaker 1: We love Tiger Williams.
Speaker 4: Remember his overtime go against Calgary at the Coliseum in eighty two.
Speaker 1: And here's one for you. You're not gonna get this. Who gave Tiger his nickname?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I'm sure you looked it up. Yesterday. He was five years old, the prison was five years old.
Speaker 1: Stop it, Dawn. He was five years old. No, his minor hockey coach in Wayber, Saskatchewan, gave him his nickname Tiger.
Speaker 4: What's his name? Tiger? The nickname Dave, the name of the coach.
Speaker 1: I don't know the name of the game. Why, eh, why? Obviously he thought he was a tiger.
Speaker 4: He played, played with a lot of energy, he played with it. He was maybe he was as fast as a tiger.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Ryan, So you looked it up, but you have no idea why or who.
Speaker 6: The guy is that actually did it.
Speaker 1: Documentary available at Tom's Video was nicknamed Tiger as a five year old by his minor hockey Okay.
Speaker 4: Bring it on, moving on, how can you question that?
Speaker 1: All right? This guy was a fourth round pick of the Sabers in nineteen eighty eight eighty eight, got drafted under the University of Maine. This defenseman played seventeen years in the nha AL, known for his longevity, reliability, and strong defensive play, holds the record for the most NHL games played one nineteen by a native of Rhode Island. Okay, what do you talk? He's an American phil He played for the US.
Speaker 4: Derek I think. I know because of the University of Maine.
Speaker 1: He's a former Canack. Dave makes the trade. Kearney, well, Keith Carney with the Ducks, they were teammates. Yeah, there were, There were teammates in Maine. Yea from a deadline move by Dame known as the strengthen the defense for the playoff.
Speaker 4: Push nickname Tiger.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Eric Weinrich, I think at the same trade deadline.
Speaker 1: For whatever reason that sticks in my brain, Carney and Eric Winrich came to Vancouver that dead deadline. Okay, let's listen to this. Donnad Sickamus, you better get this. This BC boy was the first round picking the NHL Draft in nineteen eighty ninety nine. He played for ninety nine ninety nine. He played for his hometown Trail smoke Eaters in nineteen ninety six at the nice old Kamenko Arena Arena there in Trail. I did a game there, beautiful. He played two years. Yeah, I did a game in Kamenko Arena. He played two years for the Cootney Ice served as captain of Team Canada at the two thousand.
Speaker 4: World Juniors in Sweden, with which position.
Speaker 1: Defenseman made his NHL debut in ninety nine with the Blackhawks, right and assist on his first shift. He played one hundred and thirty four games. The Blackhawks then traded to the Canucks in two thousand and five in exchange for a third round pick. So, yeah, that's not bred soap, all you kidding me? Why would he fronts tall? Not from how tall was he?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: I want me to get a measuring tape out. I don't know how tall he was. He was traded then to the by the Canucks. He's not six four, uh cadocks traded. Nah, Steve MacCarthy, you got it.
Speaker 4: Not the tallest guy in the world, not the tass guy at a time, and she's smaller defenseman.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, but not so much back then. He's actually still looking that up. He went over and won a Swiss League title with Bob Hartley.
Speaker 4: But I would have got it.
Speaker 1: On that one, Steve McCarthy. Good coutney kid, Okay, last one. This iconic nineteen seventy superstar had a record breaking nineteen seventy six swimsuit poster that sold six million copies. She attended the University of Texas at Austin to study microbiology before leaving for Hollywood in the nineteen sixties. She did commercials for Ultra Bright, which is Toothmaste, you know that, Noxema's skin cream, Mercury Cougar Automobiles, head and Shoulder shampoo, and Beauty Rest Mattresses. She did commercials for All the Show A Nude Okay, anyways, Hey, you should know this, she's anyway. She made guest appearances on I Dream A Genie and The Partridge Family great shows. She received an Emmy for her role as a battered wife in The Burning Bed in nineteen eight Aripha Farah Fawcett. Damn, how'd you get that?
Speaker 4: Bernie bad I remember because it was their first like real dramatic role.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And God rest her soul.
Speaker 1: God rest. So she was the best Canniball run with Burt Reynolds and Dean Martin and Sammy Davis. Farah Fawcett, who didn't have a Phara Fowcett poster in the Night.
Speaker 4: Married to Lee majors E married.
Speaker 1: She married the six million dollar man Major.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had that poster.
Speaker 1: Who didn't have a para foster poster.
Speaker 4: You didn't have a pair.
Speaker 1: Farah Fawcett was the best was the best. Charnis Angels, Charlie's Angels. Ye, she was only there for one year?
Speaker 6: Are you done?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Brian White's Birthday Bank of a White Cap Todays.
Speaker 1: Brian White of the White Cap Happy Birthday? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Good yeah?
Speaker 4: H Is it just me as coming up? Harry Wayne Casey Harry Wayne Casey born seventy five years ago, Saturday. He's gonna help play us out? February seventy five, Rick and their self titled second album, This Is Harry Wayne Casey Casey of Casey and the Sunshine Band and get down Tonight on Check No admittance without platforms and Puka shells on a PC Tuesday morning? Is he just me? Next?
Speaker 1: Looking for one of Victoria's most iconic stays. The award winning Waddling Dog has been welcoming guests and their dogs for over thirty years. Ten minutes from the airport in the Ferry. Their room glen vented charm with modern comfort, making it the perfect home base for your island adventures. Your trip isn't complete without a stop at the legendary Waddling Dog. Pop twenty taps, wall to wall, TVs Every Canucks game and UFC pay per View, plus an extensive daily happy hour and before you go, stock up at their cold beer wine store, hundreds of local and imported options, plus exclusive Donnie and Dolly merchandise. The dog isn't just a hotel, It's a destination. Come sentence day.
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Just me?
Speaker 4: Rick? And just uh?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 4: You know a lot of people talking about just how wonderful that story was about it. It's the origins of Tiger's nickname.
Speaker 1: He got his nickname at five years old. You would think Tiger Williams would have got his nickname and in the junior that's a story to me. He got it as a five year old, but he got all right. I was a big fan of Lincoln the last year, but like the rest of them, he has digressed. Does a game ever go by where he hasn't slid three feet past the net during a save leaving the net wide open, I'm gonna start calling him leaking in. Uh that's good. Stephen Coquitlam, that's good he.
Speaker 4: I think even Adam Foote said that he wasn't great on one of the goals where.
Speaker 1: He short side, short side. That was Small's first goal last night, short.
Speaker 4: Side NBA Rose is just me. But Lee Majors was the Tommy Lee of the seventies. He went out with beautiful women Farah Fawcett, Linda Evans, and Sally Field. I didn't know what Selly Majors was.
Speaker 1: He was a stud by he was a People Magazine's most sexy s guy. Yeah, I think he was, Yeah, a six million dollar man. Remember the Sasquatch. Remember the episode, Donny, people were scared like remember the Sasquatch.
Speaker 4: Sasquatch did well with women as well. But when I think of studs at the seventies, I think, well, Lee Majors, Lee Majors was a good look for On the list was Burt Reynolds.
Speaker 1: Oh, Burt Reynolds the mustache. You didn't Burt was great. He did a lot of good movies. Burt Reynolds. You know the one we like?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 4: Can I go Deliverance?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Deliverance. Anyways, it was a good movie, Deliverance.
Speaker 4: Different kind of love. Sh okay, go for cut.
Speaker 1: Talk about the mountain scene, Dawn, stop it all right? Look at this, Hey, Dolly was Mike Bossi a ball hockey From what I heard, Donny, what Dolly was the Mike bossy old hockey. Yeah, we we're all Mike Bossy. We all wanted to be Mike Bossy and ball hockey. You can't very Pomputer, Yeah, very much. So left us too early much much like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is it just me from Peter Puck? Is it just me? But have you guys heard about what's going on with talking and Philly? Are we going to call that market toxic as well?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Wow, we talked about it with Coff.
Speaker 1: Philly is a great hockey town. They're passionate.
Speaker 4: Not getting enough ice time in the opinion of a lot of people, but he came in out of shape and not working. The Craig Button talked about it.
Speaker 1: You gotta do what the coach says.
Speaker 4: If you don't do what the coach says, you're gonna get in trouble.
Speaker 1: You're not You got to earn your ice time. He's not earning, Craig Button said it. This management has demonstrated their lack of acumen should not be trusted to guide the Canucks to are rebuilt. Francesco needs to reset this organization. Ryan Johnson, Manny multra get in there, Aara says Eric the Greenskeeper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Donn and sickamoos Is it just me? And thanks for that? Eric, Donna sickonos?
Speaker 6: Is just me?
Speaker 4: Now going into Tom's video? Uh would be better than being spotted going into the Silver Kitten and Prince George with the Bronze Kitten and Kamloops.
Speaker 1: So what's he saying? Are those stores like Tom's video?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I guess so, And that's Donna Siicamus Donald contributes a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Donna sickamouse knows those stores.
Speaker 4: Apparently apparently he made the trip from Sikamoose to Kamloops to check out the Bronze Kitten. A lot of people are bringing up the saloon doors, which is where they remember you go.
Speaker 1: Going to the porno section, were creaky and once you walk in, everyone would turn their neck. Who's going in?
Speaker 4: Well you thought they did?
Speaker 1: Well, no, they did.
Speaker 4: Everyone we had there were three or four of us that went in.
Speaker 1: We dot I can't even I got stories and we used to three or four of us go in. We have signals when to go in and out?
Speaker 4: Okay, what do you got?
Speaker 1: A big fan of Sandford and Son too?
Speaker 4: And is it just me? Yes?
Speaker 1: Desmond Wilson was a great Demond Damon Damon Wilson was a great guy. So was Red Fox. That's from Dwight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well for Dwight says that Damon Wilson played a straight he was her son, and Red Fox was making all that he was a great comments, Sandford.
Speaker 1: And Sons was a great, great show.
Speaker 4: So good new Wes Nick.
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Or did Garland play at last night like he was trying to up his trade value to assist last night? And look, I put him in the Ogren category. I noticed. I know his point totals have been, you know, not up to what he would like, not up to his usual standards. But I noticed him. He hustles and last night he got a couple of assists.
Speaker 1: You know who I noticed last night? Evander k In eighteen minutes, five shots, four hits.
Speaker 4: He's good, that's good.
Speaker 1: He acted like there were seventeen scouts of the game last night. Now, if the Canucks would have give him eighteen minutes of the night, there were seventeen scouts of Vancouver maybe be traded by.
Speaker 4: Now, first twenty goal scorer when he had.
Speaker 1: Oh it's right here, David Surrey, Is it just me? But the have a chance to break a franchise record for the first time in history. They may not have a twenty goal score. Wow, do you remember in the seventies, so Don they had a twenty goal score every year.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm believing David Surrey.
Speaker 1: Okay, but Don Lever used to get over twenty Ron saddlebar.
Speaker 4: Rick Blite, Tiger Williams. That was in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Tiger Williams, Dave Tiger Williams. He got over. He got thirty five the year they went to the final, didn't he thirty four?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mike from the Prairie Inn. Is just me, but management picked the wrong center. If they picked Horvat, a real leader, over JT, they'd be competing for the division lead again, Mike from the Prairie Inn.
Speaker 6: How are we doing?
Speaker 4: On time? All a break? We'll wrap up the show and the poll question next, Donnie Dolly the team on check.
Speaker 10: The BAC Construction Safety Alliance is celebrating twenty five years of making BC work sites safer. As part of that mission, the BCCSA is now on the road with the Safety on Tour, a new mobile education experience that delivers live safety demonstrations directly to your work site, school, or community. Safety on Tour offers engaging, interactive demonstrations that highlight key safety principles, whether it's the effectiveness of fall arrest systems, the advantages of safety lifting procedures, or the protection offered by helmets, safety glasses and gloves. Safety on Tour transforms safety information into memorable and actionable experiences. Book now at a reserve and appears by the Safety on Tour Mobile experience. Contact the BC Construction Safety Alliance by emailing Safety on Tour at VCCSA dot ca.
Speaker 1: Dog Paul Rick, Ryan, I got get her up with the waddling dog, pop pop question. Which piece of that Quinn Hughes trade will turn out to be the most valuable for the connections? Look at this seventy one.
Speaker 4: It's a no brainer, it says ze Bullam.
Speaker 1: Then comes the first round pick and then Ogrin's third and look at ROSSI that's just a.
Speaker 4: It's hard to judge. Give it.
Speaker 1: Ah, he shouldn't be at two percent.
Speaker 4: That's bad, I thought would be. Uh. I noticed you got the goal last night. I noticed him out there pretty much every game.
Speaker 1: We know how you voted and Ryan, uh pictures, Ryan, where are were going?
Speaker 6: Well, we have a carryover photo overseas overseas from yesterday. We were trying to get this one in but we ran out of time. Mark in South Surrey.
Speaker 1: In Mexico. Yeah, still got to listen to the in Mexico, you said, anyways, still got to listen to Donni and Dolly podcasts on the beach after swimming with the dolphins? Mark and South Siri. Now when he says swimming with the dolphins, like, explain that to me.
Speaker 6: Because there's no way swam with dolphins.
Speaker 1: Okay, so side by side going one hundred miles an hour, Like, I don't get it.
Speaker 4: There there's contained areas where the dolphins.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Why are you asking that? You said you swam with the dolphins.
Speaker 4: No, I've seen it.
Speaker 1: You ever seen people swim with dolphins?
Speaker 4: Yes, but it's not like you go in the middle of the ocean and grab a dolphin.
Speaker 1: Well, how do you keep up with it? You can't swim with the dolphins and go one hundred miles an hour? Have you seen these guys?
Speaker 6: But again, aren't they trained to just kind of hang out?
Speaker 4: I think you got usually there's two of them. Yeah, they pull you. It's fun and not everybody would be on board with that.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, okay, where are we're going now? Right?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: This next one uh we've got is uh Nova Scotia.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's our good pal here uh Le Creative Portraville, Nova Scotia. Uh so good to have a connection with BC Sports. Since I moved to the East coast, I rarely missed the show at two in the morning. Look at that? Is that? That is that dedication? This is Lyle in central Nova Scotia. He watches us at two o'clock in the morning back east. What a guy? Is that a painting?
Speaker 6: I think it's Ai.
Speaker 1: You don't know that.
Speaker 4: You could have went either way. We we appreciate, could be a drawing. Appreciate the support.
Speaker 1: He could have hit them all.
Speaker 4: If it's a drawing that he's got a lot of talent.
Speaker 1: Donny, you could could have been You go to the mall. You get these people to people that will take pictures of yet.
Speaker 4: But they do they do not a picture cartoons. It could be a guy at the mall that did that Ryan caricature.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's what they're tall.
Speaker 4: The guy at the mall who gay Tiger is the nicknamed stop It Go? What do you got uh no, do you just real for pictures?
Speaker 1: More pictures?
Speaker 6: One more photo?
Speaker 4: What okay? Oh the majors, look at the majors.
Speaker 1: So he's eighty six now, right?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, this guy, I'm telling he went out with fair Foster. Right, you got married Sally Field.
Speaker 1: Sally Field Evans from Dynasty, Oh, Dynasty, Lynda Evans. This guy in the nineteen seventies was the sixty million dollar man. Look at it. He was good.
Speaker 4: Handsome dude.
Speaker 1: Handsome handsome dude. Well you could tell. I mean you know those eyes eyes, Look you could six million.
Speaker 4: Dollar jap Joe. Is it just me? But Donnie was eating sushi alone in a booth on his birthday, then going to Blockbuster for socializing. What a life after? Rewatches the show a lot? All right, Connection Vegas their last game before the Olympics. That's it on Wednesday, Look a head to that game tomorrow.
Speaker 6: We're good.
Speaker 4: Thanks you tuning in, folks on behalf of Brian Derek Rick. Everybody here at Oh Boy and Check, I'm down and you're up to date in the world of sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly Podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dolly for all the latest show content.