Speaker 1: It's the internet. You're busy.
Speaker 2: Let's do this for March tenth, twenty twenty five. For the next hour or so, let me help you sort through the world of gaming on Game Best Mornings Live with me Jeff Grubb.
Speaker 1: Today, some key Nintendo switch to features.
Speaker 2: Leak out of the FCC early and Depth Stranding two is getting a solid steak or a solid fake. But first, please join me and welcome to today's co host the Game Best Mornings. It's Jason Finelli. Everybody, Jason, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: I am ready for an unhinged Monday morning. After that trailer reaction, we had uppies.
Speaker 1: That's it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, real quick, let's give them people hey, people wondering. Today, O Kajima dropped a new trailer for Death Stranding to the game's coming out soon.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about all of those details here.
Speaker 2: In a minute, but we reacted to that on Giant That will be up on the YouTube channel and the website all here pretty soon, So you go check that out if you missed it when we when we reacted live. Yeah, Jason, how'd you find that trailer?
Speaker 3: I think Hideo doesn't have enough time for actual post Konami therapy, so now he's just giving it to all of us. That definitely some unexplored feelings with that solid snake like person.
Speaker 1: Yeah there's a solid snake.
Speaker 2: There's metal gears, there's and then there's puppets and a whole kinds of stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, with metal metal gears make a nice hat.
Speaker 3: Apparently I never played the first one, so hearing you guys talk about the first one, I may have to jump into the director's cut here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think direction credits I really kind of should get you into it. By all accounts, it was. It's definitely on me kind of game. So it's why I want to get back to it personally for sure.
Speaker 1: But Jason, Hey, a bunch of stuff going on. Glad you're here. Thanks for helping us out. Always appreciate it. What's going I got a questions? What's going on with Magic? It just seems like it's having a moment.
Speaker 2: Like everyone seems like either excited about it or like anxious about it or both or happy. There's all kinds of weird stuff. You shared me with me A picture of SpongeBob on a Magic card.
Speaker 1: In't that it can't be real. It's real. It's absolutely real.
Speaker 3: Last October, so they have this separate thing called secret layerst like limited drops like sneakers, right like how Nike does the sneakers. And last October they announced that there would be SpongeBob layers, and today, right before I joined you, the cards were revealed. It's fifteen cards across three different drops. One of them is just the characters of SpongeBob, but they're technically reprints of other cards of existing magic cards, just with SpongeBob on top of them. Right. So the second set is spells from five different spells, but they're all SpongeBob memes. So like counterspell is the one of SpongeBob doing this thing with the googly eyes. There's one. I can bring them up before the end here. Yeah, it's just five means, and then the last one is just basic lands, the five basic resources from different spots of Bikini Bottom. So that happened just as we were getting on here. And yes, you are correct. There is a lot of excitement and a lot of trepidation. The trepidation is from people who've been playing magic for a very long time. Nikki just put the link to the SpongeBob stuff in the chat who don't want their game to turn into Fortnite, but I would argue it's already there, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so get in there a minute. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The first collaboration they ever did, I think it was twenty twenty one, maybe twenty twenty was The Walking Dead. It was one of those limited drops. They were all unique cards of Meagan and Darryl and Glenn Rick and Miss Shone I want to say, those five. And then because they were limited supply and mechanically unique, people got mad, so they had to reprint them as in universe people. So there's always been this friction between the collaborative efforts and the in universe stuff. Well this year they've got on whole Hog. They've gone six six sets this year. Three of them are collaborations, the three of them are not. They're in universe stuff. And for the first time ever, these collaborative sets are legal in every competitive format. So your standard, which is like the last two three sets modern two.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we might be losing you you're freezing up boat, I think yeah, I think yeah, I think we might besetting the U server, but I think you might be back now, so I think you're good.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, and shoot again.
Speaker 3: All right, so this is the first time that they're they're legal in uh yeah, the legal in all the competitive sets. So the Lord of the Ring set did come out in twenty twenty three, but that only was in modern it was not in standards. So this is the year they're kind of like putting all their chips in, and I think that has a lot of peace nervous that this is going to become from. Personally, I'm okay with it because I played Magic in high school, fell out and then my first Magic purchase in fourteen years was the street Fighter collaboration they did where they had all eight World Warriors in one drop, each of them were mechanically unique. And then it was Fortnite stuff, which were reprints but with Fortnite art, and then I've been basically back ever since, right yeah, so that's how I got back into it. Now. The in universe stuff is interesting. There's a lot of very interesting worlds that they've built in character that they've they've built throughout all this time, but right now, the in universe sets or what they're what they're derisively called hat sets. So like there was one where it was a murder mystery it doesn't quite fit magic. There was one that was Cowboys on the on the on a plane that was just like a desert. People didn't really really driving with that either, so when they hit though they hit last all this was one called Bloomborough. It all looked like red Wall animals with super Yeah, that sort of vibe. That was a set. But then they followed that up with one was like a hornted house and people were like, so it's the trepidation is where the in universe stuff that people have fallen in love with will fall now that they're really Yeah. The last one, the most recent one is February, was essentially in universe wacky races.
Speaker 2: Huh okay, I mean from the outside looking at it seems like a lot. It just seems like there's so much happening that it might be a little overwhelming. Is you think the standard magic gathering fan is mostly going to be able to keep up although all this and feel pretty good and be like oh okay, like not get to the point where they're overwhelmed by choice and be like I just need to tune this out.
Speaker 3: No, because this is for the established player. This is old hat. The only difference is the franchises are changing. It's not just in Universe magic stuff. They have been releasing six seven full sets a year with all this complimentary stuff for as long as I've been back. Last year, in particular, there was six sets. There were Commander decks, which are Commanders a separate formats. These were preconstructed decks based on Fallout. There was a supplementary set based on Assassin's Creed that was really weird, just kind of lived in its own little universe there. So the dearth of or not the dearth of product, the selection of products coming out has been a whirlwind for years now. There's been some fatigue already. The only difference is now with so much of it being collaboration as opposed in Universe, that just adds another layer of trepidation and angst on top of it.
Speaker 1: So I.
Speaker 3: Get it from for the established fans, I get it, but I think as I did an interview with the people with the lead designer of the Final Fantasy set and the VP of the franchise and collaboration stuff at Wizards when I was in Chicago that went live on game Spot last week, and they were saying that they understand those critiques people who say I wish Magic was still Magic, but they also feel that they have a responsibility to grow the game, right of course, you know, last to go up. And as the VP put it, if I get one person who was a Final Fantasy fan and not a Magic fan to try this, and they stay, I've grown the Gathering by one more. That was our exact quote. And I get that. I get it. I get both sides of this. I personally am very excited for the Final Fantasy set. I think it's going to be the best set they have this year, even with Spider Man and Avatar, the Last Airbender being September November, with a Universe one in between and in a Universe one coming in April, so we have five more sets to go this year.
Speaker 2: All right, how about this a they're is it called other worlds? What's it called when they bring them universes? Beyond the universe? Is beyond the Juggalos. That way you can bring the Gathering together with the Gathering.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Finally, Peanut, butter and jelly, that's what I want to see. All right, let's explain what we do here most weekdays. I Jeff Grub will help ease your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on twitch welcome, You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Games Mornings, or find the RSS on giant bomb dot com.
Speaker 1: You can also catch a show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Hello YouTube, All right, let's let's get right into it with Nintendo switch To upgrades revealed by FCC. They include AMBO, faster Wi Fi, and more. This comes from Andy Robinson at VGC. New Nintendo switch To technical upgrades have been revealed via filings made by the Federal Communications Commission. The filings revealed that the switch To will, like its predecessors, support NFC via its right joycon controller, likely confirming support for AMBO figures when playing original switch games and switch To software. The switch or switch To users will also be able to charge the console using either its bottom usbcport or the new second USB port, which is located on top of the device. According to the filings, which were spotted by the Verge switch To also supports Wi Fi six, which is eight oh two eleven AX networks with up to eighty megahertz of bandwidth, with up from the original switch consoles Wi Fi five, which was AC. FCC filings also indicate that Nintendo Switch Too is rated for an AC adapter with a maximum of fifteen volts, which is the same as the original switch, but also mentions an ACA adapter that goes up to twenty volts. So it's unclear whether switch to has a faster charging really, and we won't know that until we get a little bit more information. There's it's more than volts when it comes to actually charging a device.
Speaker 1: There's amperadge and all these other things.
Speaker 2: A previous league had claim the switch to doc would require a far more powerful AC adapter than its predecessor, indicating that it may have more power when docked. Maybe that fifteen volt one is supported because it's like you can plug in your switch one and if you're just going to do that, that'll work. But that maybe that'd be weird. As see Nintendo officially announcedwitch to in January.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. We get more information on April second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a ton here, I'll say, first, Chason, Wi Fi six that's it's fast enough.
Speaker 1: It's definitely fast enough.
Speaker 2: But after getting Wi Fi six E on the steam Deck, that's I was kind of hoping we'd like be aiming for there because it is actually faster, and or if it's not, if it's not taking advantage of the speed, it's at least taking advantage of not being on such a busy network, because when I connect to Wi Fi six y, when I get on the six gigahertz bandwidth, which is you know, you have the two point four and the five gigaherts on most Wi Fi routers these days, and everything uses one of one or the other, and so now both are really crowded. Whenever I go to use the six gigaherts, I do see a significant increase in my downloads for the Steam Deck. Now, it's probably worth pointing out that there might be a practical reason why Nintendo doesn't want to go out to sixty and default to six gigaherts. It's range is bad. I mean, that's just how it goes with these higher frequencies. They don't penetrate surfaces and barriers. Well, so if you like, you know, if I'm connected to the five gigaherts thing. I can go mostly anywhere in the house. Yeah, there's a corner up there in one of the bedrooms where it doesn't work so well. But whatever, six giga hurts, I go upstairs. Basically it disconnects.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit better since I changed out to a slightly better router. But Nintendo probably doesn't want people having headaches because they're trying to connect the six gigaherts and it's not working. Although I would argue most people that have six giga hurts know the deal. That's not a common standard right now. Yeah, how do you feel about it? Like, yeah, what Wi Fi? Six faster? Faster Wi Fi than the last switch. At the very least, that's probably good enough, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you have to. Like you and I are dialed into this stuff, so we're expecting that six or sixty you're hoping for that kind of thing. It's it's hard for me to go back and remember this is for like I'm trying to think of this one of the lay man's parents perspective. There's no idea what their kids what this stuff is. They just buy what the kid wants. So if it could be easier for them, I would agree. I can see a parent now in a Wi Fi six household where the one parent knows and the other parent does it, but the other parent's the one that has to troubleshoot and they're losing their minds because it's not working in the kids bedroom when they want it to. So I'm fine with this. I'm fine if it's if it's I don't want to say idiot proof because that seems derisive, but if it's simpler for the people who were just there to play the games and not entrenched in tech and stuff like that, I completely understand that that's been their philosophy forever. So I'm not surprised by this at the least. I do find the fifteen vault twenty vault thing interesting. Do they really want that drop potential drop in power when you're playing handheld versus DOCT? I mean people would expect some better performance while doc that just sure, that makes perfect sense, but I would think, I don't know, that seems a little like a lot more of a difference than I would expect. Maybe I don't know that part. That part had me raise my eyebrow a little bit. But the Wi Fi thing, I get it. I'm with you. I have a five Gigers. I don't even have six yet, And like every time I use the microwave, it's off in the kitchen, so my alarm system goes, hey, are you home? What happened? And then we stop cooking. They're like, oh, you guys are good. It's very weird. So yeah, I'm perfectly fine with this. I don't think I think anybody expecting like six y, like you said, was kind of shooting too high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it was just goad.
Speaker 2: I had a little bit, tiny modicum of hope because the Steam deck supported it.
Speaker 1: But I know where this device is at.
Speaker 2: It's always going to be a couple of years behind that kind of stuff, so not too surprising. And again six Wi Fi six Wi Fi AX, you know, eighth two eleven eight.
Speaker 1: AX is fast. It's very very fast.
Speaker 2: So we're going to be able to get downloads that are that are going to be significantly improved from the switch when it's on Wi Fi.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: The the the power adapter situation, we just don't know enough there yet, Like we don't really know what they're going for, what that situation is going to be, like, so when you plug it in, does it need more power and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: We just don't know.
Speaker 2: But real quick before we move on AMBO support, like, they'll keep it going, right, do you expect them to like double down on AMBO support and switch two games or is this just mostly a legacy thing because this is a backward compatible console.
Speaker 3: I think it's a little bit of but I think it's mostly Yeah, it's mostly the legacy stuff. And Mike Wallett says, thank you all the smash the entire Smash Brothers run. It was a problem for a while, but I think they may still release here or there, like maybe the new Mario gets some like Mario Odyssey had the wedding Marios, so they'll put in some new amibos based on those and they'll have some sort of functionality. Plus also they can keep the scan your old amibos and get something going like how Zelda you could get Wolf, you can get the poem Horse stuff like that. I think they'll keep that stuff going in their future games with maybe a new release here or there. But I do not think that it will be as much of a strategic element as it was when it first launched in twenty fourteen. I think I think that ship has sailed. It's only for the people like me and Dan Reiker who like to make them fight each other on the street live stream sometimes, who will still purchase the Amibos and do that. Now, if they bring out a new Smash Brothers and they do an entirely new line of Amoebo once again, yes, if that makes sense, because that's where Amobo started. So if they want to intrinsically link them with Smash Brothers in particular, that would make sense to me. I would be there, as is proven by the shelf behind me. But if they wanted to just pull the brakes off and just keep the compatibility there for the people, the dwindling number of people who want it, yeah, that makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I was going to say that the.
Speaker 2: You know, they've done every Smash Brother's character, right, and that's that was the that was the thing.
Speaker 1: So they are probably done, like you.
Speaker 3: Said, my my of the of the things here, I appreciate that it's going to charge on the top and the bottom because top charging for me, yes, I'm.
Speaker 1: A tap uh huh tell us more.
Speaker 3: Charge? Yeah, I walk right into that.
Speaker 1: I prefer to.
Speaker 3: I prefer to charge my console on the top because when the wire is hanging from the bottom, I find that it restricts my gameplay on certain things. So that the switch will be able to do that Jesus.
Speaker 2: Christ, anything like, let's get really crazy here, what if you could plug in a second screen, oh, into the switch, wouldn't be wouldn't be impossible?
Speaker 1: Right? Like?
Speaker 2: Uh noway, and that way you'd be able to charge it on the bottom stille. Now, they could of course put a port on the second screen so that they could pass through the the power or whatever.
Speaker 1: H But like I just don't think like something like that is impossible.
Speaker 3: No, not with USBC technology, not at all. I didn't even think of that. Like a small if you have like a small portable monitor, But then doesn't that defeat the purpose of the handheld functionality too if you're just bringing a monitor with you usually.
Speaker 1: You know, what if it's like a clamp on a clamp on monitor, like a clamp.
Speaker 3: I didn't even I didn't even think of that. That makes and then and then oh and then oh, then you're getting into that. Are they going to release this as an accessory and then make specific games for it, and all of a sudden we have DS games again. Top screen, you can't touch, bottom screen, you can do you just want the DS back, Jeff, that's what it sounds like always.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I do. Man. DS was very good. Three D S was also very good.
Speaker 2: I just as Sambo Nison Chap points out, there's no way they aren't finding a way to make money on the DS three DS games this time.
Speaker 1: They I think he's I think he's right.
Speaker 2: They will find some way to begin, Like we're gonna we've kind of cranked.
Speaker 1: Through a lot of a lot of GBA stuff. Game Cuban. They'll be doing more of that for sure.
Speaker 2: But I think DS, three D, three D S it's time for them to begin reintegrating those beyond the Hey, we're remaking those games so they'll work on a single screen. I think like there's a bunch of those games we want to just work as they are, and that would be awesome.
Speaker 1: Man, Link between Worlds, just give me that game right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would like that on a switch or switch to I am a Hotel Dusk fan. I would love to play that again. Turn the switch sideways like a book and go through that adventure. That would be sweet. They want to go that far back? Yeah, I like that idea. I think I'm with you. I think I want the DS back too.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's a long shot, but I hope so. I think I'd be all right.
Speaker 2: Death Stranding two on the Beach introduces its own Solid snake so of. It also gets a release date and a bunch of more informations from Darren Bontus at Game spot A. Death Stranding two on the Beach has an official June release date locked in.
Speaker 1: I think it's June twenty sixth.
Speaker 2: I want to say yep and judge you by the new trailer, A few nods to the middle Gear Solid series from Hideo Kojima worked that he worked on will be included during the new look At the game, A character by the name of Neil played by Italian actor Luca Marinelli was introduced, while his dark past with Bridges with the Bridges organization was teased. It's the brief moment where Neil don's a bandana that had metal Gear Solid vans pointing at their screens like you know in Ourdo DiCaprio and you know the one movie. As seen in the images above and included in the trailer, Neil looks remarkably similar to Solid Snake once he dressed up for a fight back. In a twenty twenty Instagram post, Kojuma mentioned that Mary Nelly would be the spitting image of Snake if he ever decided to wear the character's bandana, and it looks like that prediction has come true. It's easy to make predictions come true when you are the person who could make them come true.
Speaker 1: That's very funny. What's also interesting to note here is that the.
Speaker 2: Character is flanked by several soldiers, similar to how des Stranding's antagonist Clifford Hunger would surround himself with troops whenever he appeared in the game. I mean, yeah, this story focused on this aspect, which is something a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people are of course talking about.
Speaker 2: But we did get a deeper look at desk Straining too, did get that release date. This thing's coming very soon. That trailer is Banana's crazy, just like you want it to be. There is still the little puppet guy who only had like two shots in the trailer at the ten minute trailer, but he still stole the show. I am getting pretty excited for this one. I know you are not someone who's played Death Stranding, right, how are you?
Speaker 1: How are you feeling about all this? After seeing that trailer.
Speaker 3: Fomo alone makes me want to play that Stranding now. As as I mentioned at the top of the show, just because of how batshit insane this thing was uppies, I have no idea what what's going on. I have no idea what's happening, but I am enthralled. I'm going to call it the the Severance effect because I feel the same way about that TV show. There's a whole bunch of stuff happening, but I don't know what anything is happening under the surface, and yet I am still enthralled. So I think, now, yeah, it is. It is. And Kajima, I think, like him or hate him, he has earned your at least your entry, right he is. He's earned your at least giving him a shot with how much he has like all the Metal year one through four and Death Straining apparently the first one from the guy. The way you made it sound, it's very good. He's at least earned your enough respect. Let's say for you to go in and give it a shot. And if he still don't like it after that, then at least you tried it. But with his you know, I want to say filmmaking, it's not filmmaking. He wants it to be filmmaking. His his his game development style and the imagery that he can convey, even in a ten minute trailer like this, I think it's going to be. I think the people who are going to love it are gonna love it. I think the people who don't like Kajima are going to continue to not like Kajima. But it was very It was definitely ten minutes of Kagema, no matter what you think of him. Also, his soundtrack capability is still for me. On parallel, that wood Kids song is amazing. Nice to hear wood Kid back after Assassin's Creed. I want to say Revelations twelve. Probably not, but it's the one I go back to that song Iron which was very cool. But yeah, that the song was really cool too. Yeah, I'm in, I'm in. It's got me, I'm interested. I'm intrigued to the point where I want to play the first game now and catch up. I think that was the whole point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jason, I'm just glad that Deo kojimas found his medium because it's like, uh, I think when other creators get really weird in their chosen medium, it doesn't work as well. It's just not as accommodating these video games like I'm thinking of like Megalopolis, Like every Kojima project feels like Megalopolis, but it works, which is what I want. I want a Megalopolis that works, and that's what this game looks like.
Speaker 1: So give me more of it.
Speaker 2: Very excited, try it out, I hope. Honestly, Francis Fortkopolis should just go to Coachman be like, hey, make me the Megalopolis video game please. All right, you know what, let's uh, Janet, you know, let's take the break now, I like the real break, and then we'll come right back.
Speaker 1: Everybody will get to the all right, let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Forts the Horizon five on PS five requires a Microsoft account. This is not too surprising, Jason. This comes from Georgia in a game spot Forts a Rise five on PS five will require people to sound it sign into a Microsoft account. I think that's mostly notable because this is like this hasn't been required before this, but now it's going to be required. And like so many publishers do this sort of thing that it just doesn't you know, PlayStation was doing it on PC. I can't remember like where they finally landed with that stuff, if they landed on You don't have to do that with every game, or you do. I think some games were like, hey, we're gonna make you do it, and now we've pulled back and we're not gonna have you do anymore, and they are like other games, you still have to sign in with everything.
Speaker 1: But I'm not surprised by this.
Speaker 2: But this is like Microsoft's being like, hey, we are on PlayStation, but this is still an Xbox game, so deal with it, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the same stuff we've been dealing with from like two K and you'd be solved forever now. Just because it's Microsoft going to PS five doesn't mean that there's not something you shouldn't have to do as far as PlayStation goes. I think it was like you needed a PlayStation account, but not a PSN account. I think the paid versus free was the controversy there too. Maybe, but no, this makes perfect sense to me. It's just one extra hoop, I guess. And you know, if this is how they forced the so many faithful to finally make or Microsoft account good on them. As Chat points out, it sounds like, see if thieves may have required this already, so it's okay something well there you got condition to do. Yeah, makes it makes perfect sense to me. I don't see how anybody could say not.
Speaker 1: Yeah for these games with like huge online components.
Speaker 2: It just feels like this is going to be a standard practice going forward in perpetuity.
Speaker 1: So yeah, kind of get used to it. Hey, it's March tenth. Do you know what that means, Jason? What's it mean? Jeff? It means it's Mario Day. Yay.
Speaker 2: There's not much beyond like what we've already heard from Mario Day, but there is a little bit. So March tenth m R one zero spells Mario, So Nintendo says it's Mario Day, and that means you got to go get your loved ones flowers. I think I don't know how it works lasagna, maybe mushroom lazagnya.
Speaker 1: Hey, that sounds fantastic.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think they're offering a fourteen day free trial membership to the nintenda switch.
Speaker 1: Online as like you can claim a code and then that gets you.
Speaker 2: Of course, stuff like Nintendo Music, which just got Super Mario Brothers Three's soundtrack, and there's additional Game Boy Classics added to Nso that's Mario's Pitcross which is excellent, and Donkey Kong ninety four, which is very excellent. There's also let's see here offers on Mario and Friends Nintendo Switch games. There's like thirty percent discounts on a ton of games that includes like Luigi's Mansion three, Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker, Super Mario RPG, Mario Versus Donkey Kong, a whole bunch more, and then let's see here. Oh, there's a new lego set. So this one's pretty interesting because it's a pretty massive set, one nine and seventy two pieces.
Speaker 1: It's available in May fifteenth.
Speaker 2: It is a Mario Kart set that they're aiming at more mature builders, people who are adults that can handle a more complicated set. I don't think I like the way it looks Jason.
Speaker 3: His head's weird, right, his head looks weird. His hat is sitting on the top of his head weird. It's making it's it's taking the whole shape of his head a little it's just it's a little all. I agree with you. The cart is fine, the the the you know him seated, that's fine. It's just when you get to his face it starts to be a little. No, it's not very rare.
Speaker 2: It's like and yeah, it's like two rounded. Marino Chat says, it doesn't look like Legos. It doesn't look like a Lego set. It looks like a kind of a crappy toy.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe building it, yeah, maybe building it. Maybe once I have it in my hands, I would feel better about it. But I'm just not feeling much of a need to get this one personally. But we'll see. I'm sure people will enjoy it. That's out May fifteenth. They're having you know, special sweepstakes at Super Nintendo World. Eligible fans can visit the Mind Nintendo website for a chance to win a trip for four to Orlando. Everyone should go do that right now. I guess there's a community challenge in Mario Kart eight Deluxe Jet Blue Cloud Top Cruiser featuring Mario and friends. They're jet Blue and the partnered on a custom livery livery. I never know how to say this, do you know Jase's delivery. I think livery Yah, yeah, that's what I would have guessed. Livery featuring Mario and friends. Of delivery is just like a decal that goes over the plane. The airbus a three twenty restyled aircraft named Cloud Tap Cloudtap Cruiser, which is the name of one of those stages from Mario Kart eight, features a bright, colorful design featuring Mario, Princess Pach, Luigi, Bowser Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi.
Speaker 1: And then they're having Mario Day events around the country.
Speaker 2: Nintendo New York as a Mario Day event that starts at one pm today and runs to four pm, and then GameStop game demo events will be happening at stores around the country. But that's on March fifteenth, from noon to four pm. So hey, yeah, all this sounds like fun stuff, but it is relatively low key in terms of what they're really talking about here, because there's no like Mario thirty five equivalent. Right, this is like, hey, some stuff you can spend money on.
Speaker 3: This is the this is what we're gonna do on the last Mario Day before we announced switch to line up. It's exactly right. It seems a little low key. I have to say, I love every time they add something to Nintendo Music. How hype they sound. Yeah, social media posts.
Speaker 1: Yo, go listen to this soundtrack right now.
Speaker 3: It's on there, and I'm like, ah cool, I like those, But I'm just like it's been.
Speaker 1: On YouTube years. Yeah, exactly, I've been listening to this forever.
Speaker 3: Mario's Pitcross love that everybody should play that, everybody should buy the discounted Super Mario RPG so we can get more of those, please, But no, yeah, this is this is your your standard fare for Mario Day when you don't have a new Mario game to put an announcement out with, or or you know, as a precursor to the switch too. Would I have liked maybe an extra tease of the new Mario cord Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure of course.
Speaker 3: But if they want to save all that for April second, I'm not worried about it. This is this is fine with me. I'll like it even more if I win the Super Nintendo World sweep stakes, but for now, you know, it seems fine. Yeah, I dig it. If you can get to the Nintendo Store, go check it out. Let us know how it is. I'm not going to make it up there, but if you're in New York, go see go We still meet Mario and Luigi from four to seven tonight.
Speaker 1: That should be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the kind of thing where, of course they're in a weird spot, right because, as you mentioned in April seconds when the Switch two stuff happens, but they're still riding on a wave. I know it was a couple of years ago now, but the Mario movie really did just amplify Mario's popularity that much more a character that was already very popular, and so they always want to take advantage of every single chance to promote Mario. Right now, just remind people, hey, you like Mario, we have a lot of Mario shit to sell you. That's why you know now the new Switch Bundle, the Switch oled Bundle, is a Mario Wonder bundle.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they're trying to take advantage of that stuff.
Speaker 2: So they're doing as much as they can while holding back what is clearly going to be probably a lot of new Maris stuff that will be available on the Switch too. Looking forward to that, maybe a little bit more than any of this, of course, true. All right, last handful of stories here next Xbox is a PC and a TV friendly shell for twenty twenty seven. All that is according to Jez Corden, but they haven't like sent out deaf kits or anything like that. Here's the quote from Jess Cordy and this comes from his podcast. We'll do our best just to read this verbatim and hopefully this is in context. If the info about Call of Duty is accurate about it launching on the next gen Xbox in twenty twenty six, there is no DevKit right now for the next gen Xbox. So like the idea that developers have already gotten the next gen Xbox's DevKit, that's just not accurate. I mean the whole idea of the next Xbox that is that it's going to be a PC in essence, but with a TV friendly shell that also has a specific set of specs in mind. So developers will be building for Windows PC in a way, but in such a way that they know exactly what the spex will be. So maybe the Call of Duty rumor could be right, but it is that the DevKits.
Speaker 1: But if it is the deaf kit talk is.
Speaker 2: More about what kind of specs that they've been told to target. For the next Xbox, not about having actual DevKits, and that makes it like, would you need a deaf kit if the thing is just basically a PC?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean if you're if this is what they're targeting, you don't if you could just give them a list of specs and say, hey, if you want to get a head start on this, this is how you're going to do that. And it's internal studio now being Activision in call of duty, so they have the ability to get that one up. That makes his logic is sound here. I can't believe we're already talking about new Xbox that close. I feel like the series X just came out, but it was twenty five years ago, four and a half years ago. Yeah, but yes, I understand the logic here, and I would trust that Jazz has an inside track covering Xbox for so long. I put some weight. I would put some weight into what he's saying here, And yeah, if that's what they want to do, if they want to make it, it doesn't get much easier. I guess if you're developing for Xbox, if you're just doing the PC development but with specific standards to it. So yeah, I mean this makes logical sense to me. Whether or not it's true, we'll never know until we see it, but yeah, I can get behind this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh, I mean, you know, he reconfirmed, but I'm pretty sure the new hardware is not twenty twenty six, it's twenty twenty seven. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, there was a time I think where they were like, hey, maybe we can get this thing out in twenty twenty six, But as we are into twenty twenty five and there's just been no rumblings about that. I think just recently they said the reporting was they've decided what the new system is going to be, Like, they've decided on like the vendors and who they're going to partner with, whether that you know, whether that's AMD again or in video or Intel or whatever. They just decided that. So it's like, okay, that's going to be a little bit of a tight turnaround to get that thing out in twenty twenty six. So twenty twenty seven is starting to feel more likely.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That means you know, PS six probably is twenty twenty eight still, right, is what feels right to you for that cause we've got the PS five pro they don't need to rush anything.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the PS five Pro, they probably have another year of lead time there. I was. Part of me was like, you know, they want to keep up with their biggest competitor and get them both out at the same time, like they did with this generation we're in now. But I don't I keep forgetting PS five Pro exists. So with that, yeah, they had they kind of bought themselves some extra time. They don't have to rush out with the Xbox. They can come out a little while later, which would be a weird parallel to two thousand and six and two thousand and seven. Nextbox three sixty was two thousand and five, I guess, and then PlayStation three wasn't until two thousand and two thousand and five two thousand and six, push from back a year, but same similar timeframe where three sixty came out first, PS three came out the next year. They could've done it before. They could do it again. They don't have to come out day and date or even within the week like the PS four.
Speaker 2: I think I'm the whole reason Xbox. I think it's like already thinking this way because they want to get separated from PlayStation going forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even though they're putting their games on their console just to you know, write yeah, it's it's it's it makes sense to me. And if PS five, if PS six, maybe late twenty twenty eight, even early twenty twenty nine. Is that too late you think, mm?
Speaker 1: I mean it's not impossible for sure. I think they probably go late twenty twenty eight though. If they yeah, thanks, no sign and it's a quick one. E A Motive may show off Ironman demo at GDC. That's according to reporting from Insider Gaming.
Speaker 2: Alex Hopley, a game reactor, collated the information for us, just said, Ea Mode of the studio behind the Dead Space roommate, has been quietly working on an iron Man game for some time now. However, besides letting us know the project is in the works, we've not heard anything official for some time. But that could change at GDC, where they may show off the game. Yeah, you know, GDC is always like kind of sometimes think games do get shown off there. But I don't know what to expect in terms of, you know, is it going to be a big public facing media blowout for this game.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I.
Speaker 2: Am very curious to see what this thing actually looks like, how are you feeling about an EA mode of Iron Man game?
Speaker 3: I admittedly forgot that this was happening, and so I read this headline. But it's it's cool that it's far enough alone that we're going to be able to see some sort of thing at GDC with you know, maybe maybe my mind is a little bit clouded by Warner Brothers and their numerous fiascos, but to hear that this game is actually going to have some life and not just be canceled after the original initial news is heartening. I do want to see what they're doing here. And EA and Marvel already had some good news last week or potential good news that they might want to get that Captain America Black Panther game out by the end of this year. So if they could then have this little one two punch of Marvel news say hey, iron Man's progressing great, but we're also going to focus on this hydro game too, that's cool. I hope that works out for them. I'm interested to see what they do here. I think the last iron Man just iron Man game is vr right, Well, there wasn't asn't been.
Speaker 2: There the last Yes, that's right, and the one before that was that Sega game from like forever.
Speaker 3: Ago, right, right, right, So I'm genuinely curious what I guess I would assume it would be third person action, maybe first person action with Jarvis's the hood. I don't Oh yeah, interesting, Yeah, I'm more interested in what the like the overall format will be. Could you just be Tony Stark and then when it calls for it, you press the button and all of a sudden you're in the suit and you're doing Iron Man things. Is it going to be like a balance of his life like that? Is it just going to be Iron Man open world. There's a lot of questions that they could answer just with this, and I think that that's pretty cool, just to lay some of that foundational information down.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. We'll get the last story here in a second, real quick. I meant to conclude this.
Speaker 2: Sony Santa Monica talked about the God of War anniversary said that there one wouldn't be any announcements.
Speaker 1: I just remember hearing around the time.
Speaker 2: Of the state of play that happened that there was a bunch of rumors like the God of War Greek trilogy or whatever. However, people refer to that the original God of War games. We're gonna, hey, that's gonna show up with the state of play. And what I was told at that time is like, oh, it's something like that's gonna happen. It would happen around this anniversary thing. So I bet that's something that's still happening but not gonna happen or not gonna not going to get announced here. I wonder if they just want to like save that for announcement to win they plan to release that maybe later this year. Those games are very popular on PlayStation network and PlayStation like the cloud streaming stuff, so I think that they they know that if they put those out, they will do very well, and I bet they would sell like crazy. Put it on PC right away. I bet it does awesome numbers. So yeah, I would expect to see that all right. Indiana Jones and the Great Circle has been rated for PlayStation five. This is from Ben Lions, a game reactor. Really though, Hey, Bill bel Kun, just who's a leaker, said that that game is coming April seventeenth to PlayStation five. That feels right to me that it was a December launch, you know, come out, you know a handful of months almost half a year later, come to PS five, be able to take advantage of PS five pro and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: That feels right to me? How about you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it initially said spring too, and that first announcement didn't nice.
Speaker 1: That sounds that sounds familiar.
Speaker 3: It's right in that springtime frame. Yeah. And at first when I saw this, I'm like, why is this news? But I'm like, oh, that means it's coming soon. Duh.
Speaker 1: So yeah, April seventeenth makes the most sense to me. Next month. Yeah, it's a month away, all right, cool, good, good deal. Indiana Jones. I like that game quite a bit. Okay, that does it for the headlines. Let's get to the poll question, which I have right over here if I can bring it up.
Speaker 2: There we go, And of course you can get to the poll question but by going to YouTube dot com slash at Giant Bomb and hitting the community tab there where we asked Titan Fall three question mark, and then we gave you three options here. One is a crying cat, one is Glover sitting very sadly on a bridge, and then a little girl screaming and crying.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Thirty percent went with a girl screaming and crying. Thirty two percent went with a crying cat, and then thirty nine percent went with Glover sitting sadly on a bridge.
Speaker 1: Which one are you, Jason?
Speaker 3: Uh? I think I am Glover sitting sadly on a bridge.
Speaker 1: Most of us are Glover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think we Uh. We won it, and we're waiting patiently for it, and we're not at the point where we're so excited about it that we're the but we're also not at the point that we're so upset that it's not coming that we're the little girl. We're just kind of in this Glover limbo over the dock, wistfully and hoping that it comes.
Speaker 1: Believing that love can never come back to a glove is what we're all believing personally. Jesus.
Speaker 2: All right, new poll question. Do you have Wi Fi six or better in your home?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: No, I have no idea what you're talking about. That's your pull question for Wednesday. We'll get the results of that. Talk about that on Game Mess Mornings later.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: We got a whole block of content happening everybody. Dan's gonna do Dan's Riker's Roulette. That's right, He's gonna do some Mario stuff. The GB kids, Turbo, Shawn and Nikki. They should have some Mario stuff.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I think that's the plan.
Speaker 2: All that stuff's popping off very soon, starting after this show. But as a special treat to all of you, voicemail dump truck will be probably popping off. That's not gonna be live, but that'll be popping off earlier this week. We'll try to get that out to you soon as possible. Some of us will be busy with that, So a bunch of stuff happening today. Looking forward to getting all out to you in the meantime, though, Jason Bonelli, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talk about video games.
Speaker 1: Anything you want to plug or tell people about.
Speaker 3: The interview that I mentioned at the top of the show. A game spot with the Final Fantasy Magic lead designer and the VP of franchise. Over there, a pretty cool article at big Man Finelle on all social media Blue skies right here linked. Go check that out. Got some other stuff working, you know, just doing the thing, hustling excellent.
Speaker 1: Thanks Man for doing this. I really appreciate it, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anytime anytime you need me.
Speaker 2: Thank you all for watching and listening. You're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye.