Speaker 1: M M all right, classic hip hop. It is fantastic voice.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that song is on a list I have a little bit later which is the best wedding songs.
Speaker 1: Of all time?
Speaker 2: Oh, I saw that list. I don't think this is on it. I don't think probably not. Most of the ones on it makes sense, like, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll get those songs lined up for later. I hear that, I hear it.
Speaker 2: Uh. The endings of movies really sometimes it could be a mediocre movie and at the end the final scene makes it a classic, right, like Thelman Louise, Like.
Speaker 1: The Sixth Sense Correct, which was kind of an okay movie that it's like, whoa, I did not see that coming.
Speaker 2: Right, Thelma Louise, kind of mediocre movie. But the end where they decide it' that's it. It is stupid though. It's just like they held they hold hands, and they run, they drive off a cliff.
Speaker 1: They'd run off a cliff in their teep.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Why are you killing yourself? But a waste of a t bird? You're gonna get off? I mean, the dude was the guy you killed was an a hole? Use your guy was an a hole?
Speaker 1: Defense What they should have had was a helicopter with a giant net. But then I caught him and then appeared back up over the cliff.
Speaker 2: Thirty five years ago, right nineteen ninety one, A thirty thirty three, thirty three years ago, Jeez film and Louis nineteen ninety one, the iconic scene Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis. Again, it was, it was, it was, It was okay, It was okay movie Brad Pitt's first film, by the way, was it really Yeah? He plays that little pro He plays a prostitute that they meet in the hotel or motel. The final shot they'd run off the Grand Canyon in their t bird was actually shot in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Not the great I noticed that. I've been there. I saw it.
Speaker 2: Director was Ridley Scott. If you believe it, I believe it. Aliens guy mm hm. Another one is everyone remembers at the end Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite one of the movies.
Speaker 2: Yes, where they ride on he goes, he goes Indiana, he goes.
Speaker 1: The dog was Indiana.
Speaker 2: And they start laughing and they ride off on their horses into the sunset and Middle East it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That was the best one. The first one was second best, and the middle one Jolnes little annoying.
Speaker 2: The movies because Indiana Jones. The ones that were good were discounts for James Bond films too. When they go to to like a lot of countries, like they went to Spain, in Jordan, Germany, all different spots for the Last Crusade. Bond movies are the same too, right where they end up in the Orient and he gets into a fight and next thing you know, he's in Egypt and he's fighting in the pyramids.
Speaker 1: It's like that. That's that's what makes those movies well. In the first movie, Karen Black was a strong female character. Yes, second movie not so much. Then they tried to add comic relief. That was like when Scrappy Do came out to Scooby Doo. You didn't need Scrappy they see he had something good going on. Guys one and three were pretty good and then really good, Yeah, really good was okay, was like eh no, it was just like eating bugs and all the monkey brain monkey brains. It was like come on, man, Fight Club from nineteen ninety nine. Obviously, the end was sort of like the sixth sense to where you're like, wait a minute, Brad Pitt doesn't even exist.
Speaker 2: He's not a real person. He's just an imaginary Edward Norton. Edward Norton was both characters throughout the entire film. It was obviously underground. I was gonna watch that this weekend. There's somebody somebody told me the other day. I was I've never seen fight Club. I'm like, what Dwight said that? Oh it was Dwight. Yeah, it's like, how do you never see fight Clube?
Speaker 1: Really good?
Speaker 2: Uh So at the end, basically their plan was to before the Internet. This is nineteen ninety nine, so before the Internet, all of your records were held. It was like a Robin Hood move. So all your records were held in basically three buildings in the business district in San Francisco or wherever. So their job was to blow up all of the buildings and wipe out all.
Speaker 1: Of your debt.
Speaker 2: And they're holding hands at the end, and you realize Brad Pitt doesn't exist. It's just Edward Norton, the graduate.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have an imaginary friend. He might as well be good looking, ya. You think, oh, you picked bred pitts, Yeah, right, Steve wasn't available, right.
Speaker 2: The Graduate nineteen sixty seven. At the end, she runs, remember, she runs out of her own wedding, joins Dustin Hoffman and they jump on a bus like a just transit bus on the street and they're laughing, and then the end of the movie is they stop laughing and staring at the distance like what have we done? Which is really it's a great ending of a movie because that's how.
Speaker 1: Real life is. Hey listen their hearts and then their minds are like, you can't him and she runs away with him, and then.
Speaker 2: They realize, oh crap, we're gonna do all this stuff. And that's also is the Graduate? Is that also the one where the guy says plastics? He goes, that's the future.
Speaker 1: Oh it's been so long, And then.
Speaker 2: Dustin Hospin that's the famous line where he goes, Missus Robinson, I think you're trying to seduce me.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the line? It is? Yeah, it is? Okay.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see two thousand and sevens There will be Blood?
Speaker 1: I did not. That is Daniel Day. Lewis Daniel Day. He only made movie.
Speaker 2: He makes movies like one every three years, and he really immerses himself in the characters, which is something very very dangerous to do. Like when he did Lincoln, he was Lincoln for like a year.
Speaker 1: He did my left Foot. He walked in circles all the time.
Speaker 2: No, I swear to God that you're making fun. But he did that stuff like he would immerse himself in the role so much he became these people at the end. It's unexpected. But Daniel, he's been battling this preacher for decades and he has a bowling alley in his own house, and he takes the bowling pin and beats him to death in this violent, this violent scene where he crushes his skull with this bowling pin, and it's really violent, and the movie ends with him sitting there as the blood is pouring out of this preacher's head all over the wooden floor of the bowling alley.
Speaker 1: I think I'll skip that one. It's very intense.
Speaker 2: It's unsettling, but a great ending really if you're looking to get maybe the greatest ending of all time for movies. Planet of the Apes nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Yes, he rolls.
Speaker 2: Up on the beach on his horse and he gets off, but the shot is of him and the horse and the waves crashing behind him on the beach. This entire time, you think they're on a different planet because it's the planet of the Apes. But when the camera pans back towards what he's looking at, it's the top half of the Statue of Liberty on the beach.
Speaker 1: It was well into the future of this planet.
Speaker 2: Yes, it may if you don't know the ending or what is the series. The movies about that ending is dramatic as hell.
Speaker 1: Get your hands off me, you filthy? What is it? Ape? Dit?
Speaker 2: Your dirty darn dirty ape something ape Psycho from nineteen sixty. First time I watched this film, I was in film study at Trinity High School and we broke this movie.
Speaker 1: You went to Trinity.
Speaker 2: Actually part of the Hall of Fame. I didn't know if you knew that. Yeah, I heard, Yeah, Norman J. T Shirt, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Norman Bates.
Speaker 2: He was the master, he was the guy. Stop it, damn it. Take a dollar out. I don't know if is it fifty cents or a dollar. You tell me, you tell me it's fifty cents. I'll take a couple of quarters, Okay, Hitchcock obviously, and he was a transvestite. I guess he was dressing up like his mom, right, so he was trans the first trans killer.
Speaker 1: The show Baits Motel was good. It was like a prequel to that. Really he's a kid. Yeah yeah, but it is good, pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, And and again they up until nineteen sixty in this movie there were no murders on film, Like, they didn't show the knife and the blood and all that.
Speaker 1: That didn't happen. That was okay.
Speaker 2: That was the first first time, and it scared the crap everybody and spawned a trend in people's bathrooms. Do you know what that was? Clear shower curtains. Clear shower curtains. Shower curtains were not clear until Psycho came out and people were like, I want to kind of see who's coming through the damn door.
Speaker 1: How about locking the door.
Speaker 2: Well that's the thing too. This very very good. Butch Cassidy and a Sundance Kid. Yes, yes, one of my favorite films of all time.
Speaker 1: Not unlike Thelma and Louise. He's exactly right.
Speaker 2: They decide, Robert Redford and Paul Newman, they're surrounded by the the Bolivian.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry the Bolivian Army. I'm going to fade into Bolivia, and they.
Speaker 2: Both are sitting there loading their guns and they're like, what the hell heck, and they just run out.
Speaker 1: Shooting in and then stop motion. And they stopped motion.
Speaker 2: They obviously were all shot up and killed, but they decided to go out in a blaze of glory. Butch casting a Sundance Kid in nineteen sixty nine, great ending inception. Did you ever see that?
Speaker 1: I think I did? Was that that one where the timeline was all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just weird. I didn't see that one, so I can. I don't remember those parts of it. It's all parts of it, and that's it. I don't want to have to think that much. No, there's no doubt. I'm Dais nineteen eighty four. I watched this movie the other day. Sometimes I will sit down and start making notes for today's or tomorrow's show, right, and I'll just put a movie on in the background. I just need something in the background. I put Amadeis on nineteen eighty four. It is good today as.
Speaker 1: It was then.
Speaker 2: It is just an almost perfect film. It's long, but it's almost a perfect film. You find out at the end he's in an insane asylum, right, because Mozart made him crazy. You think he's in an old folks all right, He's in insane asylum and they're pushing him away. It is one of the best performances of all time. I think I forgot that actor's name.
Speaker 1: He plays Saliary. His name is damn it, Oh, damn it. Oh, Oh what.
Speaker 2: Is his name? Oh? Now it's gonna kill me. He also played he's had a pretty good career. What this song came out after the movie?
Speaker 1: Correct? I am not sure. Tom Holtz h u l ce.
Speaker 2: No, it's not Tom Holts. No, Tom Holts played Mozart. We're talking about who played Salary, which is basically the whole he.
Speaker 1: Makes F Murray Abraham, F Murray Abraham. Correct.
Speaker 2: Correct, he makes the film. It's it's one of the best film performances I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: All Right.
Speaker 2: The ending of Casa Blanca nineteen forty two. This so obviously was during the war, and when they screened the movie, they were like, look, we can't have these guys doing their own thing. We have to go back and shoot this ending. So the ending where they're both walking in the fog and airport in Morocco, Nice, Morocco, in Casa Blanca, the city of Costa Blanca, the country of Casa Blanca.
Speaker 1: They're in Africa, where he says, hey, it's.
Speaker 2: I think it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship because they're going to get back into the war effort, right, these two. And if we got these two in the war efforts, right, we're certainly to win, right.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Humphrey Bogart thought he had ruined his career by doing this movie and ended up being his most famous movie of all time.
Speaker 1: Isn't that weird? How that always happens? Alec Guinness was like, what am I doing? Obi wan Kenobi? What the heck? It's a paycheck?
Speaker 2: I know, immortalized.
Speaker 1: Like you would not believe.
Speaker 2: People still don't understand the two thousand and one Space Out to See nineteen sixty eight. The final shot of a baby floating what appears to be a sack surrounded by light left audiences wondered what they watched?
Speaker 1: What does that all mean? Man, it took a long time to get there. Yeah, Kubrick, drug this thing out. My god, Oh, I've tried to get through it. I just can't. What movie of his can you get through? I just can't.
Speaker 2: No, I can't either. Every eyes wide shut. I'm like, I watched a half hour of it. I was like, I'm done with this. This is driving me crazy already.
Speaker 1: I can't trying to be edgy, but you're boring, right, boring. That's it. That's my list. We haven't done this for a little while, so let me pull out some music for you. A dear Squatchy letter. It's a dear squatchy it is. I'm ready for a dear squatch This might sound familiar to a lot of folks our age, thinking back to their drinking days. Dave says back, like they still don't exist. And this is George writing in. George says, dear Squatchy, you're gonna say hi to George. Oh hi, George, thanks for listening. Leave him hanging man. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Fox News is on and they keep going back and forth from the Michelle Obama thing and then Trump did his thing in New York and I'm just so sick of it. I just want to turn it off. Yeah, turn it around, distracted, I'm turning it off now.
Speaker 1: Okay, George needs your full attention. Hey George, uh, thanks for listening. Go ahead, having a real problem with one of my girlfriend's best friends from college. When she's sober, Amy is awesome, fun, pleasant, and a joy to be around. However, when drunk amy shows up, it's an entirely different story. Yeah, She's loud, annoying, constantly complaining about issues and mistakes from her past, and can sometimes be downright scary and concerning. She'll also talk about drunk amy in the third person and ask why no one likes drunk amy. I legit can't stand to be around her when she's drinking even a little bit. My girlfriend thinks I'm being mean, unfair, and unsympathetic to what she's been through. I really don't care fair enough to put that much thought into it. I just don't want drunk amy ruining yet another weekend. Other than excluding myself from the situation, is there anything I can do? She calls her, why isn't anybody like drunk amy? The third you got me with it herself and the third person like drunk amy. He's like, why couldn't you stop being angry and being slutty? Be slutty, be slutty Amy when you're drunk. Uh, So what's he asking in general? Well, he's either going to exclude himself from going out when drunk Amy's around, or is there something else he can do because he doesn't want to not be with his girlfriend, but she wants to be with drunk Amy.
Speaker 2: In your twenties, you put up with it, and you hang out and you watch after him, right, make sure they don't get in trouble. Once you hit twenty nine or thirty, really in your early thirties, you start to go, I just I'm not dealing with Amy anymore. Now.
Speaker 1: You cut people out at her name.
Speaker 2: And in your forties, that's the last thing you're doing, is hanging out with people that can't control themselves when they're drinking. They get you in trouble. There's always drama. And in your fifties you're so far from it. You're just like, you know, I don't even know anybody like that anymore.
Speaker 1: So again, in.
Speaker 2: Your this is a decade thing, this is the age thing. In your twenties. If you're in your twenties, George, just put up with it. Watch after she needs you to watch after it till she matures or gets sober. Obviously she needs to get sober. If she is, if she is a different person every time she drinks, and when she drinks she has to get drunk like that, Yep, then she's in alcoholics and she needs help. Not everybody will get help, but maybe you should suggest that and then cut her off friendship wise if you want to do that. But if you're in your twenties, make sure she's okay when you hit thirty trust me, like it'll sort itself up. Whatever happened, you'll do this at thirty five. Whatever happened to Amy? Which one Amy?
Speaker 1: Drunk? Amy? Oh? Why is it anybody like drunk Amy? I think she's why. I was gonna make up some jobs she had. What was Amy doing?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I just ended up?
Speaker 2: But I didn't want to be little anybody that actually does those jobs.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's in real estate. No oh, you mean Eland and Eland? Is that what you're saying? No, no, no oh. I was just thinking of Miss South Carolina. That's what she ended up doing. She got into real estate really like Iraq and such.
Speaker 2: Like my buddy Phil that oh that runs Eland Eland, He's done this entire life. He was a little lawmaker. For a while, but he does, He's done. This is his whole life. But I always make fun because people that you know, their career hasn't worked out, so what do they do.
Speaker 1: I'm a real estate agent, who, of course you are. I think at one point we had more agents in Louisville than houses for sale. No, we did, we did.
Speaker 2: But with these new rules, they're saying that that that's going to eliminate about eighty five percent of the people that were sort of just dabbling in it.
Speaker 1: It's not their career. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Uh, should I talk about Eland and England one percent commission rate?
Speaker 1: You can. We can talk about lots of pasta.
Speaker 2: Too, lots of posta, lots apasta Louisville dot com.
Speaker 1: If you are moving, moved to the seven what's up?
Speaker 2: It means it'll be easier to get the lots of posita because they're at thirty seven seventeen lexing in the heart of Saint Matthew's.
Speaker 1: We were there yesterday and did a stock up. We got the pumpkin ravioli, a couple of New Marinara sauces. They're always changing things up there. Got some pasta, of course, I got a pound of rosemary ham, juicy ham with the rosemary seasonings on the outside. Got a couple of pizzas, of course, the muzzarella to make homemade pizzas and the sauce. You can get everything at lots of pasta. A couple of baked Zd's too. You will love the baked zd Air in the freezer.
Speaker 2: I cooked up I think it was we were watching football Saturday and I just made up the goat cheese ravioli.
Speaker 1: You want to put on it?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Oh, we just put it on a plate and we were literally grabbing each piece with our hand like it was candy, and we just popped in our mouth whole pieces and we just ate it because that was lunch.
Speaker 1: It was lunch.
Speaker 2: We didn't need anything else. I didn't need olive oil on into parmesan. I just ate it just right off the steaming, four minutes, four minutes it took.
Speaker 1: Let them float and then enjoy. Yes, Yes, October Fest. Quentin's put together a really good holiday beer list there. Yeah. Got some back in the corner cold and some warm right when you walk in the door.
Speaker 2: Lots of positive, lots of pasta. Louis dot Com back after this on news radio eight forty whs.
Speaker 1: It comes to bride down? Is it she lovely?
Speaker 2: It is an industry in America for sure, not so much in Europe. The average price of a wedding in Europe is about six thousand dollars. The average price in America for a wedding is thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Jeez.
Speaker 2: And every single step of the way, including the DJ. I believe the average price for a DJ, not a band, not a band, a DJ is thirty five hundred. No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I did it in college, I DJed weddings, it was four hundred. No. Look we get fired tomorrow. You and I we're doing the doing the wedding. Yeah, crashers thing, yeah, So leave the bridesmaids alone this time. We are full service, David. Just you want to make money or not?
Speaker 2: You want to make money, you're not. It's right, we're full service here. Hell for charging four grand apiece a piece, I mean a wedding.
Speaker 1: They're talking about the bridesmaids.
Speaker 2: So there was a study recently done by breeze it, an online wending a wedding vendor, to search tool for brides to be oh by the number one song is their top wedding songs, Right, you want to go from ten down or no? No?
Speaker 1: We start at number ten. Oh okay, all right, I got you.
Speaker 2: These are, according to this website, the top songs played for people to dance to.
Speaker 1: I guess you're getting this for free, not four thousand dollars. We'll get a comedy show. This is flow rider low low yeah, yeah, see the flow.
Speaker 2: I can't listen to this song without thinking of tropic thunder, tropical thunder? Is it tropic thunder? A tropical thunder? Tom Cruise plays the the agent and he loves hitting his little remote and the music hits and he starts doing his little dance, and I'm just like, I can't the fact that Tom Cruise did that character. It's pretty cool, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: All right, I did it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Apple bottom Gene. All right, So that's one of the that's good website breeze it says that's the top that's one of the top wedding songs.
Speaker 1: Number nine, yeah, number nine. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The bridesmaids are going, oh, come come back, come out, and they're grabbing each other's hands.
Speaker 1: Courtney, come on, get to get out there, Come on, come on drunk Amy.
Speaker 2: Come on, we apologize to everybody listening to the podcast, including myself, because I'll be at the gym tomorrow listening to this and you know, lots of pauses critiquing our show. In my own head, it's just such a fun song.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: M m m uh. Could you name the guy the band that does this? If you didn't have it sitting in front of.
Speaker 1: Him, I would not have no.
Speaker 2: I'm with you to walk the moon Walk the moon is the band. If you told me that was a band, I'd go I don't think so.
Speaker 1: They're dancing and they're pointing at each other's eyes. You mean, I look at you? Will you do eyes on me? Come on? Will you just shut up and dance with me? Yeah? Okay? Mmm uh? What's what else you got? That was number nine? That was number nine, Number eight Beyonce Crazy in Love feature in jay Z. Yeah. I can see this being wedding, crazy wedding.
Speaker 2: Because even people in the back are like, all right, damn it, that's it, that's it, damn it. I'm dancing, Charles, you're with me? Come on, mister dance floor, I don't dance. Get out here. The uncle the balding. Uncle's like, you got me, damn it. I'm on, I'm on the floor. Who's she married to? Oh boy, this is he's famous?
Speaker 1: Is it usher jay Z? Who is? So it's not doctor Dre. He's cool. He owned Beats headphones. I thought jay Z? Yeah? Is it jay Z? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He just looks like a angry dude. I think he's lucky he's got Beyonce. That's what I'm saying. I know he's a mogul and has three billion dollars, but I'm just saying, how do you get to be a mogul?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, you rip people off with your expensive headphones that aren't worth it.
Speaker 1: That was Oh is that Dre? Yeah? I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Well, Beats by Dre beat Bruno Mars, marry you ironically.
Speaker 1: Obviously we're doing the top songs for weddings. Yeah. If you notice the beats are probably they're all the same here, not too different. Boone boom boom.
Speaker 2: You got to have a certain beat. I think beats per minute like dancing juice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, when we were young, we went crazy on the dance floor. Every year we got older, it was like, I'm not getting out there no, I'm not. Do you have fun so I was gonna steal my drink.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that fun.
Speaker 2: Fine kids, you know with the cover ben Off, somebody's got it on their forehead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is number seven. Okay. This next band, they were big. They did the super Bowl and then they just disappeared. Black Eyed Peas, Oh I hate this song. I got a feeling. Oh I hate this song. Let it roll.
Speaker 2: They did the Pittsburgh and Green Bay Packers super Bowl remember m M, yeah, I know you remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we won that one? Is this was awful?
Speaker 2: Wasn't it the Green Bay Packer ones or was it one I'm not sure when Pittsburgh played Seattle?
Speaker 1: I am not sure. I hate this song. It takes forever to get going, and that's all the song is. I got a feeling that this is the whole song right here.
Speaker 2: Tonight's gonna be a good night and they're all dancing around with these weird outfits on and you're just like what and then you're right. Black Eyed Peas disappeared after the super Bowl because people realize, damn, this band sucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, now it's gonna be a good night. What's it gonna be I.
Speaker 2: Think it's gonna be a good night, Dave. I got a feeling tonight it's gonna be a good night. Yes, this was a very disappointing choice for halftime in the Super.
Speaker 1: Bowl, as most of them are. For sure. Okay, done with that one. Please, let's get to classic, Let's get on the let's get the old folks out. How about this we just left this month behind? Duh dude. Yeah, everyone loves the song. No one. I've never met one person that said I hate that song earth Wind and Fire. Do you remember spend u uh?
Speaker 2: The only way this song has become irritating is because on Facebook on September twenty first, everyone posts this, Oh yeah, like come on man, it's just like the first day that there's zero degrees. People take pictures of their car temperature thing and they posted, ooh it's cold this morning.
Speaker 1: Thanks. And if you're someone that has to put music behind your little videos, yeah, back it down a little bit. I want to hear the people talk.
Speaker 2: You know, Earth Wind and Fire, those are the bands that had twenty seven members to the exactly.
Speaker 1: It's like, what the hell, how do you make any fifty bucks a show? Right? This next one. I'm not sure why it would be a wedding song. It's not a bad song. It's the killers. Mister Bright's aid, you'll recognize it. Call this being a big wedding tune.
Speaker 2: I can see this, dude, You notice it.
Speaker 1: It's the same beats. It's the same.
Speaker 2: Sort of tempo on every single where these shows, because it has to be danceable, like even the worst dancers should be able to be able to do.
Speaker 1: The people are jumping up and down on this one. I can see the rock guys for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's about a girl sleeping with somebody but not him.
Speaker 1: That's appropriate for some weddings. I guess take control. What year is that? Can you tell me? Ninety four? I don't know, early nineties.
Speaker 2: It is a good song, though, dude. See the beat, huh you can see on camera dancing. Yeah, see the beat.
Speaker 1: It's the same it is, I'm sure featuring a little John and Ludacris live version. Don't yeah, don't damn? Yeah? What would call this song? Yeah? Yeah, got a Nokia phone? Is that what he's saying?
Speaker 2: The thing is this song came out twenty years ago? No, yeah, I to guarantee it. I guarantee this is two thousand and five, right, little John. Isn't that the guy that owns the pawnshop here?
Speaker 1: I think he does? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What a wacka wha Okay, okay, let me I gotta look it up now because I gotta find.
Speaker 1: Out and look up mister Bright's side too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, mister Brightside was two thousand and three, two thousand and three. Yeah, okay, two thousand and four. Told you we said ninety early nineties. No, no, no, I said no. I said Usher was uh usher years. Mister Brightside was two thousand and three to the year David, But not the last one, antoine. Okay, maybe I didn't, but I got the one with Usher. True that this song has dancing in the title, but it's not real upbeat. Ope, I gotta get rid of one of the songs. How about what you're doing here? My brain is exploding. We don't want my Oh I lost I lost my song man? Too many things up here? Uh? Is this the this is number two? I think I know what this is. Yeah, it's too bad.
Speaker 2: It's a song about dancing and the song is there a redhead, and there's a redhead and a blonde.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of dudes, a couple of there. It is, yes, but it's not really Uh, it's kind of a sway and dance song a little slower. Yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 2: You can dance with the with the niece, right so she's twelve or whatever. You can go out there and be the fun uncle and dance and you know, or the daddy, yeah, dancing with his twelve year old daughter. Right, So it's more of a fun dancing queen's kind of thing.
Speaker 1: And the kids like, I don't know this song, daddy, Oh, they don't. They know it, bro.
Speaker 2: They know it, bro, they know they know it, bro, because the damn play came out, the musical the Oh that's right, Yeah, Mama Mia, Mama Mine came out.
Speaker 1: They know all this.
Speaker 2: Do what could possibly be the most popular wedding song of all time according to I'm not sure about this online wedding vendor.
Speaker 1: Kid you not. Though, Dwight multiple days has been walking back and forth to the bathroom singing this song. Whitney used to, Oh, Dwight sings this all he does all the time. I'll say it again. The world would be a better place. Yes, if Whitney Houston hooked up with Will Smith. Yes, it would be Jada Pinkin hooked up with Bobby Brown.
Speaker 2: And if they would have switched, if they just switched up, it had been fine.
Speaker 1: Bobby Brown.
Speaker 2: I hate you know, I really don't like using the word hate because you took Whitney Houston from is Bobby Brown.
Speaker 1: Before Taylor Swift, she was America's sweetheart. That's it.
Speaker 2: There's no question. There's no question. She's songbird sweet. She even Danty Kevin Costro in a movie, that's right, because he protected her.
Speaker 1: And then Bobby Brown, the bad boy gutter. It's a preacher's daughter syndrome.
Speaker 2: That's when the eighties were fun, right there, Baby m h Whitney Houston, which is the niece of Sissy.
Speaker 1: No Cissy Houston, No Cicely Tyson, No Mike Tyson. Oh you know who the niece is. I've apparently bought Whitney Houston's aunt. Well, damn it, it's Cissy Houston. But who else is? Thank you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: How did you know that? Stuff? It? I know things? Stop it?
Speaker 2: No is somebody famous Cissy Houston. Cissy Houston is not famous. Gospel singer Man Broh Dion Warwick, thank you John oh okay Dion Warwick. Johnny from the News comes through again, by the way. Johnny from the News on the chili contest Chili cook contest last week on Friday and Marty Brook's Earl Books Carriage Ford. He had the most first place votes, but didn't come in first, second, or third.
Speaker 1: That's like having a top twenty five poll where Ohio state gets seven first place votes and no one else has them in the top twenty five. Got the most first place votes, Yeah, but didn't rack up enough point understand.
Speaker 2: It sounds like sabotage to me. He was by far sorry everybody else. Johnny for the News is chili was so far better than anybody else's.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even close. And they had cookies and cupcakes oh so delicious. We got fat on Friday? What ah fed on Friday? That is the top songs.
Speaker 2: They analyzed two thousand wedding theme playlists on Spotify. In the total forty nine thousand songs, and these were the top ten. I think this is a pretty good list.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure this one's number one, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you got somebody's got to be number one. I sure I probably would have put Dancing Queen's for nostalgia only for abba, but rust of them are pretty good.
Speaker 1: Mister Brightside is a kind of a head scratcher.
Speaker 2: Yeah a little bit, Yeah, okay. Christian Brothers Christianbroroofing dot Com. I'm going to see them this week in their new place. They have a new warehouse, bigger and better for Christian bro roofers. They have great roofers. They have a great relationship with their vendors. They can get the materials ready too sweet, so if you need it quick, they can get it done. Windows, sighting, gutters, they do it all and of course commercial or residential doesn't matter. Christian Brothers Roofing been around since nineteen ninety seven. Christianbroroofing dot com Free estimate put them in rotation back after this on news radio eight forty wh An's.
Speaker 1: Now the birthday boy birthday is Charlie Daniels would have been eighty eight today. I love Charlie Daniels.
Speaker 2: He was very popular in country music, but blew up after Urban Cowboy came out because he was the house band for that Oh that's right, Pillie's or whatever that bar was where the two things came out of that. Charlie Daniels band went mainstream and the The Mechanical Bowl Naicle Bull became a thing after that movie came out. All right, do I to be back tomorrow? A week from tomorrow the election happens. I cannot wait finally for this thing to be over. At some point, we're all dreaming if it's over when we wake up on the sixth thing. You know, in the old days, we woke up on the sixth and we had a president. Now now Pennsylvania and Arizona gotta take their time. Now, it's just like, when is this gonna be over? Oh God, we're still counting.
Speaker 1: Why How can eighty percent of the states get it done?
Speaker 2: Do not get sucked into these people's lives. Do not get an emotional attachment to somebody to stay in power. Either side they're telling you what you want to hear. To stay in power. Do not get emotionally connected to these people, because they wouldn't pick you up on the side of the road if you were a hitchhik. And I promise all right for Dave Jennings, I'm Tony Vanneddi. I'll see you tomorrow on News RADIOA forty W, A chance, Dwight love you, Mom. No,