Speaker 1: Now one of your pudding. I got a string going on here, something just because my dog. Something killed your dog, my dog. We're flying through the or over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground like, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. What are you putting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was?
Speaker 2: Or was it was?
Speaker 1: Standing enough? I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Jesus quice you better Hello, hit the boddy out here. What quent on out there? I thought of a bit just about second foot nine? I don't know. Easy announce there, Yeah, I'm booking right.
Speaker 3: Hey, all right, folks on to welcome our guest to the show. It is Seth from Connecticut. Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 2: How do you Riyan?
Speaker 3: Nice to meet you you too, man, I've been looking forward to this conversation. I appreciate you reaching out, I appreciate you listening to the show. So let's get it right into it. UT's talk about this bigfoot thing. What in the world got you interested in the subject to begin with?
Speaker 4: Oh, man, I've.
Speaker 2: Been interested in bigfoot as long as my memory goes back. I was always interested in NeSSI and the Abominable Snowman and stuff growing up. Growing up in the eighties, I saw enough scary movies was Bigfoot in him. What really got me started is my dad got me a book about Albert Austman at his encounter and being kidnapped, and that just blew my mind, because up until then I really only thought of abominable Snowman, not really so much bigfoot in the backyard kind of scenarios here. That encounter just blew line and got me on it, and I've really never put it down since then. And that was probably ten eleven years old. I'm forty two now, still going.
Speaker 3: It's a lifelong obsession for most of us. I think let's talk a little bit about the Albert Osman thing. We're going to get into. You've had some experiences with some weird stuff. I know your dad had an experience with a sasquatch. We'll get to that. But let's talk a little bit about this Albert Osman thing. That is one of the most fascinating accounts that I think I have personally ever read. And I've done entire episodes on this show and some of the other podcasts that I host about that particular story because it is one of the most fascinating, in my opinion, bigfoot stories that's ever been told. I think it was back in nineteen twenty four, so it's around the same time that the Ape Canyon event happened. The thing about Albert Osman's story was I have never outside of I think there's one story that I've covered in history back in the day. I don't remember when it was a lady that had said she was kidnapped or somebody saw her being kidnapped by a bigfoot. But Albert Osman's story is very unique in a lot of ways. But for somebody to be accosted and kidnapped by one of these creatures and then spend this much time with them and then have to escape and then come back to tell the story, it is one of the most fascinating accounts I've ever heard. So let's talk a little bit about what fascinated you about it when you were introduced to it. What was your initial thoughts about the story when you read it, and then once you reread it and got into it over and over, and then you got into the subject a little more. Comparing it to some of the other things that people have talked about as far as their experiences, what did that say to you about his experience? Do you believe that experience? Do you think it was possibly partly true? Tell me any and everything you want to talk about. As far as the Albert Osman story.
Speaker 2: He stuck to his story for so many years and he was still saying the exact same story up on his deathbed. I really see what he had to gain from lying about a story for that many years. And then that some of the details he talked about trying to remember the story, but like the younger bigfoots scooting around their butts while they were playing, he would just come up with that as a hoax. That doesn't make any sense to me. That's like something you had to have seen somewhere at least.
Speaker 4: And then just the.
Speaker 2: Interactions with the family, like the mother seemed upset with the father for bringing him and all that the father bigfoot, then the children's interest in his belongings. There's a lot of details there and what food they were bringing him to try to eat, but he didn't want to eat. It was some kind of like liking or something they were eating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tell you, I've tried to put myself in his position over the years. Imagine waking up in a potato sack, basically being carried by a seven to eight foot tall God knows how much this thing weighed, creature that's literally carrying you through the woods. It has absolutely blown my mind. And he had a weapon of some sort in the bag with him. I believe that he couldn't reach it because of the way that he was positioned in the bag and this thing was carrying him. It is just one of the most fascinating things. And I've seen his actual interview. You can search it on Google and find it on the internet, and I think there's a full YouTube channel with his entire account as he told it. And you watch this guy and it's clear that in my opinion, and I've interviewed a lot of people, it appears to me that he's sincere about this encounter. That's what happened, the way that he remembers it happening, is the way that he's sharing it. And I think the one thing that stood out to me was that he waited quite a while. And some people have talked about that this happened in nineteen twenty four, and I think he waited a decade or two before he actually come out and told anybody about the story. And some people have pointed to that and said, why did this guy wait so long to tell his story. I think that's something that happens a lot. I was working on the show today and I was working on putting together some of the narrations that I do over on Backwoods Bigfoot Stories, one of the other podcasts that I host, and I was narrating some stories, and these are people that their encounter happens in nineteen fifty two in some cases, and they wait until they're in their eighties to email people like me in twenty twenty six and say, hey, this happened to me, and you're the only person I've ever told about it. So that's one of those things that has stuck out to me over the years that has really made me go towards believing that story. Because initially, when I heard the Albert Osman story and when I heard Ape Canyon. I thought they were two very hard to believe stories. I don't know any other way to put it other than saying they were hard to believe.
Speaker 4: But the guys in Abe.
Speaker 3: Canyon immediately came down the mountain and then went straight to a bar and started telling people. That's how their story got out. They didn't go and start talking to the news people. They were telling people at the bar while they were drinking some whiskey. That's how their story got spilled. I don't remember exactly how Albert Osman eventually told his story, but it was very different in that way, because these guys came down, they were scared. This has just happened, and then the story gets out. And obviously, people like Mark Marcell, Cliff Barrackman, plenty of people have been out to that site and have actually proven that there was a cabin there, and there's a lot of things. I did an entire chapter on that particular story in my first book, and Mark Marcell sent me some of the photos from some of his recent excavations out in the site where Ape Canyon took place. So there is a physical history there. They found the mind, they found the remnants of the cabin. But poor Albert really didn't have anything as far as physical evidence. He just had his story. But it has certainly again, if it happened in nineteen twenty four and we're sitting here in February of twenty twenty six talking about it, it has definitely been one of the most prolific encounter stories that has ever happened as far as Bigfoot is concerned, in my opinion. But let's talk about something a little closer to home. When you reached out with the email, you mentioned that your dad had an experience that you wanted to share with us. So let's go back to that. Take us back to where your dad was, what was he doing, and what happened to him.
Speaker 2: Sure this would have been back in Central Texas in the early eighties, a couple of years before I was born. My dad and mom were married at the time, and at the time, my dad did a lot of skinning for extra cash, and he did a lot of coon hunting. He was out there after dark, probably close to midnight, with my mother and a couple of coon dogs and a little twenty two mag rifle, and he had already bagged a couple of coons and he was just making the rounds on the property. It was a Mills County if it makes a difference. He spotted a turkey roosted up in a tree, and so he figured, I'm going to get me a turkey tonight too, So he shot this turkey. And then after he cracked that shot off, as he's described it to me over and over growing up, it sounded just like the MGM lion roared. He said, I felt it. It felt like I was at a concert and said, it just few like the MGN line was in the room with you and it roared at you. My mom said, what was that? And he said, I don't know. I think it was a cowballing because he didn't want to have her freak out because they were like a mile out in the woods from the truck with just like a little flashlight and a twenty two mag and he said, so he gathered his stuff up, and he said the dogs, which were good coon dogs as he said, stuck to them like glue and didn't wander off at all. And then he said they made their way back to the truck, and then when they got back to the truck, he said, I don't know what that was, but it wasn't a cowballing. My whole life, he's always told me it was a mountain lion. He just assumed it was a mountain lion. When I got to be like an adult, I told him dead mountain lions don't roar.
Speaker 4: They go rah at you. It's like a high pitch. They don't roar like the MGM lion.
Speaker 2: So I always figured it was either Bigfoot or maybe a dog man who knows, or an African lion walking around out there, and any of those is a pretty scary situation, I would.
Speaker 3: Think out in the woods of the twenty two mag So many coon hunters have stories about these things. I've only covered a couple of them on this show and some of the other podcasts because I think there's so much that goes on. I was having this conversation with somebody earlier today about some of these encounters that happened to people. I had a conversation with a guy that I was interviewing just a few days ago who had something happened in his childhood, and it took him until he was in his early forties to really connect it to the subject because he didn't have the words to describe it. Back then, Bigfoot wasn't on his radar, Sasquatch wasn't a thing for him. But he's gotten into the subject over the years, and now he has done enough research and listened to enough podcast like this one and to other shows, and watched enough documentaries to say, wait a minute, that thing that happened to me when I was ten years old doesn't make sense. The other known animals in that area don't make those kind of noises, Other known animals don't act that way. This guy that I interviewed a couple of days ago, I said to him, do you think what you saw? Because he described to me seeing a very small monkey and it was white when he was a kid, and it came down the tree headfirst, and he's basically standing there staring at this thing, and they're looking at each other. And I think he was in Missouri or Michigan or somewhere. Monkeys aren't native to the area that he was in at the time he was a kid. But he would never say that it was a potential baby or juvenile sasquatch. And I certainly was not trying to put words in his mouth, but I said, when you go through the motions. When you start checking the boxes, if it wasn't a mountain lion, if it wasn't a bird, if it wasn't a known animal, if it wasn't an owl, then when you check off all of those boxes of things that it wasn't and you're left with only one one thing that it could possibly be, then I'm going to play Devil's advocate here and say Occam's razor is leaning in the direction of that it was probably a sasquatch experience that he had of a baby or juvenile sasquatch. And I pointed to the fact that I've interviewed other people like Kathy's Strain and Bob Strain and people that have been out in Area X that have seen these baby or juvenile sasquatches that are the size of chimps. They're three to four feet tall, and they're swinging through the trees like chimpanzees. And as far as I know, in the area of Texas and Oklahoma and any of the places that Area X would be, those things aren't native there. And if your dad has been a coon hunter all his life and he's out in the woods and he's hearing this strange MGM lion scream or roar. When you start checking the boxes of things that it isn't, you're left with only one option. Has your dad, through any of your conversations, has he ever arrived at the fact that he might have had a sasquatch experience or does he still chalk it up to the fact that I'm going to say it was a big cat and I'm going to move forward.
Speaker 4: He does believe that's what it is.
Speaker 2: At this point, I did forget to mention that he it seemed like they were being circled and not so much paced out, but something was definitely circling them and checking them out all the way to the truck, which the dogs were.
Speaker 4: Right on top of them freaked out.
Speaker 2: But other than that, it was just the roar and then just a feeling of we did probably need to get out of here kind of scenario.
Speaker 3: That's the other thing that has always fascinated me. I have talked to people through the years. I've done probably a thousand plus interviews at this point. One of the early interviews that I did was a gentleman I can't remember his name, but he was from Louisiana and it was out late at night. They might have been coon hunting, I don't know. But he had dogs with him, and one of these dogs ran into this area where they were having activity, and whatever was in there, I'm going to whatever kicked the dog up, killed it and threw it over their head and it landed thirty forty feet behind them. There's a lot of things in the woods that can kill a dog.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: We've lost a dog here on our property several years back. I still don't know what killed the dog. It was probably a big cat. It might have been a coyote. But there are very few things on this earth that can pick a dog the size of this dog up and throw it thirty or forty feet over their heads out of the woods. And I think his name was Tyler, if I remember correctly. I'm sorry. I have a horrible memory when it comes to that stuff. But I said to Tyler, I said, are you pretty sure? And he was pretty sure it was a sasquatch because of his experiences that he had had before, and the research that he had done, and the vocalizations and the other things that was going on. But that's the other thing about this subject that has always fascinated me is people with dogs and having encounters. The dogs will usually tell the tale for you, and stay.
Speaker 6: Tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: If you have coon dogs, I've coon hunted when I was a kid, so I know our coon dogs were the most gentle dogs. They were the most loving dogs in the world, but when it came to a coon, they were absolutely ravitous. They were some of the most aggressive dogs that I have ever seen when it comes to what they were trained to do, which was to chase and tree a coon so that we could go retrieve said coon. And I know some people. We never did this. We always shot the coons out of the tree. But I know some people will go up and they'll poke the tree and they'll poke the coon and get it out of the tree so the dog can fight the coon. We never did that because I think it's dangerous and I don't necessarily think that's the most humane thing. But these dogs, by and large, are not afraid of much as the point and when if you have your dad who's clearly a trained hunter, who's been out with these dogs multiple times, that's what they live to do when they're having that kind of reaction, when they're literally glued to him and your mom, that just doesn't make sense to me. So the totality of the circumstances is what it's always about for me, is that if these dogs are acting outside their character and you've got some unknown vocalization going on, at some point, I think you crossed the threshold of whether you believe in these things or not. Something weird's going on here, and it's possibly an interaction with one of these creatures. I know you haven't had an interaction with the Sasquatch per se, but I know you've had some strange experiences. So would you mind telling us about your own personal strange experiences?
Speaker 4: Sure love to. So this would have been in their early nineties.
Speaker 2: I was probably twelve thirteen years old at my parents house in Central Texas. It was after dark. Me and my dad were outside doing redneck stuff. He wanted to see if this twenty two rifle he had would go all the way through this fifty gallon drum redneck stuff, and so we were out there shooting this barrel with this twenty two rifle, and then we walked over to the rifle and my dad had stuck his upper body up into the barrel with the flashlight, looking around, and I was doing like the normal young kid shit, just looking around, not paying attention, had the rifle in my hand. Some movement caught my eye and I looked off towards Nabindi at the south from my parents' house.
Speaker 4: My parents' property was the flyover zone.
Speaker 2: There was a National Guard armory that was a few miles as the crow flies back behind us, so we would see like see when thirties and helicopters and stuff always going over.
Speaker 4: This was not that there was no sound.
Speaker 2: It was, for lack of better description, like a huge red orbit looked like the sun right before it goes below the horizon, just a bright, fiery red was casting a little bit of a light on the ground, but not a lot to illuminate the.
Speaker 4: Area, just enough that you could notice.
Speaker 2: It period to be about one hundred yards away, about the size of like a basketball. It wasn't huge, but it looked about the size of the sun like on the horizon, and it just floated over the tree line there at the edge of the property. And I stood there, dumbfounded and watched the whole thing, and never even thought to say, Dad, what.
Speaker 4: The hell is that?
Speaker 2: I was just like shocked and just staring at this thing. I didn't mention it for a few years. I finally mentioned it to him and he was like, I can't believe you didn't say, look at that, what's that?
Speaker 4: Because he would have got a kick under that for sure.
Speaker 3: Isn't that the strangest thing. I've talked to so many people that have had weird experiences, whether it be related to a bigfoot, whether it be related to UFOs orbs, strange things. It's so fascinating to me because we have this picture in our mind of what we would do if we were in that situation. It's like the Monday morning quarterback thing, right. If I were in that situation, I would have charged into the woods, or if I were in that situation and saw that, I would have said, hey, look at that. It's different for everybody, and it's always interesting to me when you have those kind of experiences and you choose not to draw attention to it, you say nothing. I've talked to people that have had wild bigfoot experiences where things were thrown at them, they're running out of the woods, they're trying their best to make it off the trail, head back into the vehicle, and they escape the area, and then they drive for an hour and don't talk about it. Some of them never talk about it for the rest of their lives. There's this other weird I call it a phenomenon in and of itself, where people have these bigfoot experiences or Sasquatch experiences, where they have something very traumatic. They hear a weird vocalization, they see something outside the camp, they hear something walking around. Sometimes they even see the creature physically, and then they go back into the tent and they fall asleep. And I've had people postulate to me saying, I think it might have been they used infrasound on me, or they use some sort of ability that they have to make me calm down and make me sleepy. But it is one of those through lines that I have documented so many times in the we're seven hundred plus episodes of the show at this point. There's that through line that seems to run through a lot of these encounters where people they don't talk about what they saw, they don't point it out to the people that are standing a foot away from them, or even if they do when they experience it together, they get in the car or the truck or whatever, and then they don't talk about it and they never bring it up again. That is one of the most fascinating parts of this for me, because every experience I've ever had, I've always talked about with people. I guess I'm a little bit different in that I've never really cared a lot about what people think about me, So I know there's a part of that goes into it that I don't want people to think I'm crazy. I don't want people to think I'm seeing things, and I guess I went through that myself. With being in law enforcement for sixteen years. I didn't talk about any of those experiences, at least publicly for that amount of time because I had to protect my reputation as a police officer. Even though I was in a big city like the city of Atlanta, they still monitored your Facebook. Trust me. I prosecuted a ton of DUI cases. For some reason. DUI attorneys seemed to be the most voracious attorneys that I've ever went up against. If they had found on my Facebook page that I was talking about Bigfoot or my UFO experiences back then, I would have been crucified in court and it wouldn't have mattered if any of it really meant anything about my mental stability as a police officer or what happened that particular night. None of that really matters. It's all about perception, and that goes out the window immediately when you're talking about this stuff. So I guess in some way I can relate to that because I didn't talk about it for so many years, But that was directly related to my career and my ability to pay my bills and take care of my family. It's weirder for me when it's between a family member. I have a good friend that I interviewed, I don't know, a couple of months ago. I guess it was late last year when I was out at the Ozark Mountain Bigfoot Conference. No a boss came on and she and her son experienced a bigfoot encounter where they saw a creature and they didn't talk about it forever. It took them months and months to talk about the experience. And I asked her and she didn't have an answer for it. She said, I really can't tell you why we didn't talk about it. But that is such a through line for so many of these experiences. When people see or experience something with somebody they care about that they're very close to, and they don't have that conversation and that follow up about Hey, you remember last week when we saw that weird shit in the woods. They just don't talk about it. And I know I'm putting you on the spot here and it's completely subjective. I'm not asking you to psychoanalyzing of this, But what do you think have you considered that when you're listening to podcast or even looking into the subject on your own, have you seen that in some of the experiences that that have been documented. What do you think Do you have an opinion on why that is, why people just don't talk about it, Why you didn't tell your dad, hey, look over there.
Speaker 2: It's definitely come up quite a few times, and I've, like you said, wondered I would probably give this in that situation, But normally I would have told my dad, hey.
Speaker 4: Look at that.
Speaker 2: And I've seen what I assumed for UFOs, But that was probably the easiestly the strangest thing I've ever seen in my life, at least as a kid, and I was dumbfounded.
Speaker 4: I get it. As far as the not talking about it for years, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just a weird stress response when it comes down to people like camping out and hearing something walking around and sniffling around their campsite and then they're all freaked down and scared and they go to sleep. I don't think I would react like that, so I don't know if that's more of a woo factor or what.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: I'd be locking and loading and just sitting there and hoping nothing happened. But I'd be interested in hell and I'm not gonna lie. I'd be thinking, oh, this could be the time I see a big foot. But I wouldn't curl up and go to sleep. That to be just asking for problems. Yeah, it's really weird.
Speaker 3: I think it was episode three or four of the show that I interviewed a gentleman who had so many experiences with these creatures, and he talked about that multiple times where he would have experiences with them. He was sitting on his front porch and he thought that they were using infrasound or some way that they were quote unquote zapping him to make him tired for whatever reason, and that guy way beyond what I was comfortable talking about, especially back then. I'm a little more comfortable going in that direction now, even though I'm a flesh and blood guy. When it comes to these creatures, it is very difficult to explain away some of these other weirder or stranger or you mentioned the woo or high strangeness kind of experiences that people have with these things. Let me ask you this, as far as you looking into the subject and being and interested in it as a kid and now looking at it as an adult and a professional obviously, and you're looking at it through this lens of critical thinking, where are you on the subject as a whole? Are you more of a flesh and blood person? Do you think it's possible that there may be more to these creatures? And I'm not necessarily talking about them coming through portals or being dropped off by aliens to use the bathroom while the aliens fly around and entertain us, and then they come back and pick these things up later. But where are you on the totality of what you think these things are as far as flesh and blood versus the high strangess? Or do you think there's possibly that they're a combination of both.
Speaker 2: I do hold my opinion obviously that I believe in is some form of a relic commanoid kind of leftover. They've just spent thousands and thousands of years. They're not millions of years avoiding us, because we've probably just killed them on side.
Speaker 4: Anytime we ever saw them.
Speaker 2: I tend to believe they're just bleshing blood, but just like highly evolved for their natural surroundings and what they're trying to accomplish in life, and just by living their life, they're highly evolved.
Speaker 4: They're just surviving. I am open to the.
Speaker 2: Possibility of the paranormal end at the woo factor, because there are a lot of encounters out there that I can't explain by you. Just some monkey in the woods walking around, have people that shoot them and they pop into a burst of light and then disappear. One of my favorite is the finding the trackways and they just disappear. Did they just back up and then veer off somewhere else or they jump fifty feet away. It's hard for me to rationalize how you're just chomping along and then there's nothing to climb up and you just disappear.
Speaker 4: Did you get picked up or did you disappear? What happened?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, it is tough for me when I have those experiences and I've talked to people that I trust implicitly, and that is a very small group of people. Honestly, I am very sin Unfortunately, because of so many years in law enforcement. I have always been skeptical of people in general. But I have become cynical in a lot of ways over the years, and I've tried to move as far away from that as I can, but it is honestly part of my DNA in some cases, and when people talk about those kind of things, it is very difficult not to be cynical and say, yeah, that just doesn't make sense to me. But let me ask you this, And I don't even know the answer to this question, so I guess there'll be a two part question for you. I guess the first part of the question would be do you believe these creatures exist? And I think I know the answer to that, but I'll let you answer that in your own way. And I guess the follow up to that would be, and it's obviously completely subjective, but if you believe that these creatures exist, what would you say to and there are people that are skeptical that listen to this show, what would you say to the skeptics that say, there's absolutely no way that these creatures exist. If they did, they would be known by science. We would have one in a museum somewhere, we would have had one on the slab that we could study. There would be scientific research being done. But that's not happened. So there's no way that these things could be real. So again, I'll just circle back and recap first and foremost. Do you think these things absolutely exist? And if that's the case, what would you say to the skeptics that are listening that say there's absolutely no way that is the case. That's absolute bullshit. I do believe they exist.
Speaker 2: Case in point, I was talking to someone the other day about bigfoot at work here. Everybody at work knows I'm into bigfoot, so it's not like it's gonna affect be professionally, but everybody knows. I got to have the nickname sometimes set Squatch. But I was showing that coworker of my bfro field map app just all the dots, and I said, I believe. So it just doesn't really do much for me. I like looking at the encounters, but you're telling me every one of those dots is someone lying or a mistaken identity.
Speaker 4: There's like thousands of dots on there from.
Speaker 2: The last twenty twenty five years, not to mention the last like seventy five or one hundred years, whenever they started recording the information. But you can't tell me every single one of those is a hoax or mistaken identity, or just someone have nothing else to do on the Saturday night and they come up with a Bigfoot encounter story.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make sense to me. That doesn't compute.
Speaker 3: I'm right there with you, man.
Speaker 4: I have always.
Speaker 3: Been skeptical about the existence of bigfoot up until the summer of twenty twenty four when I had my own experiences and I was standing ten feet away from one of these creatures. That's literally what it took for me to say, Okay, they exist, They're real. So I get the skepticism. I think I am still very skeptical of people. I've said it so many times. After I had my own encounters, I am no longer skeptical about bigfoot, but I am still very skeptical about people in general, and the evidence they present and the things that they tell us as far as their encounters. I think there is a healthy skepticism that can be applied to the subject, and I think without it, we're probably doomed if we're not at least skeptical of the people that bring us whatever they're bringing, because that's how hoaxers operate. That's how these people that are in the community, in my opinion, some of the biggest toddstanding Mike Patterson from Sasquatch, Ontario, some of the other people that have perpetrated some of these major hoaxes and continue to do so. I think you have to be skeptical about them. I am no longer skeptical about Bigfoot, but I get people who are because it took me having that experience myself and seeing these creatures with my own eyes for me to say, Okay, this is a real thing. These things are real, and stay.
Speaker 6: Tuned for more Sasquatch hot to see we'll be right back after these messages. And I think it was a way for me to at least when I first got into the subject, I was very much about getting these things discovered. I wanted them scientifically discovered. I want science involved. I wanted them to be a recognized species. But I tell you, over the last probably three years or so, and particularly after twenty twenty four, when I had my encounters, once I answered that question for myself, I really started to back off of the discovery because I am so afraid, honestly that if we as human beings get involved with these creatures and they are discovered, and we start pushing the envelope. And again I've said it recently on other podcasts, I think we've done great things with preserving endangered species. We have brought endangered species back from the brink of extinction. So humans do good things, but we do a lot of bad shit as well. So I am really in the category now of once I had my experiences and I know these things are real. For myself, selfishly, I have backed off the discovery and I'm less about evidence. I don't really give a shit about a picture.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 3: About a video. I love audio and I love footprint evidence. If you have a cast, if you have pictures of footprints, or you have some cool audio of vocalizations, I'm all about it. But with AI and all the things that are out there now. I don't even know what's real anymore. I don't know if Donald Trump's riding around in a low rider somewhere listening to rap music with Kim Jong Lung. You can create anything with AI at this point, right, So, I don't believe that. I don't really care about the evidence anymore. But let me ask you this. I guess this would be the final question for you. Where are you on that spectrum, your interest in the subject, your research into the subject. Are you four these things being discovered or are you concerned like myself, that if we get involved as humans, we may do more harm than good.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely a believer.
Speaker 2: I would like to be a knower, but no, I tend to agree with you.
Speaker 4: I do believe it.
Speaker 2: If they've been around as long as we've had encounters of them, they probably are doing reasonably okay by themselves, and that I think the more we get involved, the more it's gonna be worse for them. Again, I would like it to be proven, because you know that we can protect them. Hopefully that a lot of people wouldn't think we were all full of shit and crazy for believing in a nine foot doll monkey running around the woods.
Speaker 4: But then I mean that, honestly, a lot of people couldn't deal with that.
Speaker 2: I'd scare the shit into so many people something like that running around the woods, and nine times out of ten you're gonna be fine. It's just that one time where you don't react appropriately that something might happen, which is Mike you nervous.
Speaker 3: Very true, And that's something that people have pointed out to me over the years that plenty of people ask me a ton about conspiracy theories. What the government knows, what they don't know, why they would keep that secret from the people. And I've said that over the years, I have made the comment. I think I've said it probably a thousand times. At this point, you would be surprised what the government doesn't know. I worked for a huge metropolitan police department in the city of Atlanta, and you would be baffled to know the shit that we didn't know on a daily basis that we should have known. As a major metropolitan police department with two thousand officers that are trying to protect people during the Final Four or the Olympics, or whatever the case may be, you'd be surprised what the government doesn't know, so I find it very difficult to believe that there's some vast, massive government conspiracy. But I've been writing. I actually finished the book late last year and I've got it out to the publishers now. The Sheriff of Bigfoot Country is a book that I wrote last year, and it's partly about my experiences, but it's mostly a fictionalized story about a major cover up within the government. And it was really cool and really fun for me to explore that through a fictional book, because I've never really bought into that whole conspiracy theory thing. But the more I wrote about it fictionally, the more some of the shit that I was writing made sense that it's probably happening to people. So I think there might be more of a cover up than I'm willing at least to admit at this point.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it's something that i've really I've went back and forth on even saying that I'm not for discovery. Part of the reasons that you just mentioned, I would like these things to be protected, if they need protection, because my thing has always been there's always this one percent in the back of my mind that just scratches at me and says, what if they are endangered? Because I truly believe that there's a lot less of these creatures than people think. That has changed for me over the last few years. I used to think there was a lot more than they are. But the more I've talked to people that have been in the subject for so many decades and really looking into this, they're digging way deeper than I ever have that have said to me, there's probably five thousand across the lower forty eight totally, and if that's the case, they're definitely endangered. So there is a part of me that wonders and worries that if we don't push for discovery, if they're not discovered and they are on the verge of extinction, maybe there's only two thousand, maybe there's only one thousand. If that's the case, there is a part of me that I would be disingenuous if I didn't share and say there is that part of me that says, man, I hope that's not the case, because I think we could probably do something to save them if they are at that point. But then the rest of me says, I have seen humanity at its worst, and it really concerns me that if we get involved, we're just gonna make it even worse for them. If they are what I think they are, which is something very close to us, I think they're very intelligent. I think it's best that we leave them alone. That's where I'm at as we sit on February ninth, twenty twenty six. That's where I feel. I may change that next week. That's one of the things that has gotten me in trouble on this show so many times with certain people. As new information comes in, I change my feelings, I change my beliefs, I changed my hypothesis, I changed my theory on these things. But that's where I am sitting right now is I think we just need to leave them alone. And I've said this recently. I think I was a guest on another couple of podcasts recently where I said I've even gotten to the point where I feel bad about going out into the woods and looking for them, because if they are what I think they are, it's got to be stressful. Imagine you get off of your shift, you come home from work, and there's five people sending in your living room, screaming and hollering and beating on the wall. Is that going to piss you off? Is it going to bother you? Of course it is. That's basically what we're doing to them. If you go out in the woods and you're screaming and yelling and you're beating on trees and you're doing whatever you're doing as far as your research. I know not everybody researches the same way, but by and large, that's what most people do that I've been out with.
Speaker 4: That's how they.
Speaker 3: Research quote unquote research. And we're going in their living rooms and we're beating on trees and we're screaming, and we're yelling, and we're building fires, and we're camping and doing all these things. I'll be honest with you, I don't want people on my forty acres camping and beating on trees and screaming and yelling. I certainly don't want anybody in my living room doing the same thing. That's what I feel like we're doing to them. So I'm pulling back a little bit on some of the things that I've done. I don't do as many tree knocks, I don't do as many yells and vocalizations. It sticks out to me because when I was up with Todd standing. I went out with him in October of twenty twenty three. I do this weird kind of pant hoot thing. If you've ever heard chimpanzees do their pant hoot. I was doing that in Todd's research area, and Todd got nervous. He was like, I'm not sure we should be doing that, and I don't know what they're gonna think about that, like he had never heard anybody do that kind of aggressive vocalization. And I don't do that anymore. I used to do that on my property a lot, but I don't do it anymore, just simply because now that I know they're real, I don't need to, if that makes any sense. And I get why people still go out and do those things. You even mentioned it earlier. You want to be a knower, and I totally get it. I don't begrudge people trying to go out and get their experience. So by no means am I saying don't go out and research. I want people to get off the couch. I want them to go out in the woods. I want them to have those experiences, and I want them to be safe about it. I'm just saying personally, for me, I've taken a step back because I don't want to be the person who is being disrespectful, if that makes sense. I want to have more experiences selfishly. I know it's ego, and I know it's selfish for me to want to go out and have more experiences, and I get it from other people. I just think we should be doing it in as a responsible way as we possibly can.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, absolutely, a point I was talking about when we were talking about some of those experiences. I always felt about like seventy five to eighty percent of experiences, the big food just want you to get the hell out of the area. Like you said, if someone walked into my house, I'd be a little upset too. People with the subject of the post is I almost was killed by a big foot or I barely escaped with my life. I'm thinking, if it wanted you dead, it would have had you dead to.
Speaker 4: Rights pretty quick.
Speaker 2: You stumbling through the woods in the dark, crying and fishing yourself isn't going to say he's from getting killed if it wanted you to be dead.
Speaker 4: So I'm thinking it just like, get out of here, we'll come back.
Speaker 2: I always have to chuckle when I read those and hear people they're terrifying account.
Speaker 4: I was like, it would be scary, don't get me wrong, but I think it just wanted you out of the area.
Speaker 3: Very good point, my friend, Well, Seth, I appreciate you coming on and sharing your experiences and having the conversation. Man, I've had a blast talking to you.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed it a lot.
Speaker 7: They say you don't have to go home, but you can't stay. I don't want to be.
Speaker 5: Outside step Step said step.
Speaker 7: Joy, this job, that chart, everything came right back, bride back Joy for me. Joy, stay right there. You come it right away and still still stas sassacut dot dot dot dots games still states us STIST used uss